Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Players Loundes post drive.
Speaker 4: Let's ride from the Star at Frisco.
Speaker 5: Barry Church back, so good to see you. Heck Ma Harrison is here, Danny McCrae is here. I'm New he Scruggs. A nice hat. They think they just lost three games here in Arlington, but it did. Okay, man from Pittsburgh where the hat.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a fascist it.
Speaker 2: That's the only team with a black hat.
Speaker 6: The Rangers just made a black hair.
Speaker 2: He just made a black hen hencher boy.
Speaker 7: He got them telling you.
Speaker 5: If you want anything in town. That got it when they when they rolled out the Range uniform. Did you see the video. Dak is sitting at his locker. He opened up the box.
Speaker 2: So he's the shock of it all, got it all.
Speaker 5: He was the Stars game got he everybody else got on Stars jersey, but Dak had the one that they had that they wore during the when they played outside that winner classic. He had to win a classic one? Yeah, man, that that that got all the stuff.
Speaker 6: Man, Prince of the city. Man, that's what they say.
Speaker 5: By the way, when they were at the Stars game and the suite, you know who I saw there in the background as as fer Ferguson and hit a shot where we're chucking beers, Jaylen Tolbert, and I was like, this is good.
Speaker 6: I want to see wherever Dak is.
Speaker 3: I want to see Jayalen Tolbert.
Speaker 4: Man, you gonna come in here like that is he waving.
Speaker 5: He was clapping for him. I'm just telling where where Dak is? Don't you want to see? That's to me, that's a good sign because now Jayalen Tolbert is starting to see in the understand I need to be connected to four.
Speaker 3: I need to be next to this guy. That's where I took it as.
Speaker 7: I need to be next to a possible who need to be next the game and that's who gonna get you on the field exactly the problem yelling healthy, you got c LA.
Speaker 2: He told I gonna hang out with da.
Speaker 6: Working on that release.
Speaker 4: Nobody but nobody's happening in jay Otober when he watched that draft and realized that.
Speaker 2: He take a whid receiver. I thought he was there. I've been there. You look at that draft board. Yeah, we good, good good. He's gonna have to beat me out.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget twenty twelve.
Speaker 8: Me and Sense the Ball sitting there watching the draft, and all we heard was what was the kid from Alabama to safety Alex Barron back in the day, He's supposed to come out rest around, man, we need Olex Barry. Yeah, sitting there, Mark Barron, that's Mark Baron.
Speaker 2: That's what we're sitting there.
Speaker 6: Please don't.
Speaker 2: I just got I think he ended up getting Clay Born.
Speaker 6: So he's a ship that we caused. Candy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't happen to me.
Speaker 4: Because he went in and got another extension. Y'all picked up money right now.
Speaker 2: It's a cold.
Speaker 6: World, old world, go world.
Speaker 5: That is interesting going at the other other players on the team, especially when you hear all the talk like you're saying, you know, you hear all the talk here, and then they have a player mocked here, player mocked there. So interesting stuff. The Cowboys get done with the draft. I just want to go around the room.
Speaker 3: Tell me your favorite draft picture.
Speaker 6: You will start with me. I got can I can? I get a one A one B situation.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: Side one, I'm gonna I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with the guy that was our first round pick, the defensive tackle Smith Smith, Mozzie Smith. All right, I feel like we all talked about it here in the players lounge, how we need somebody in there that can clog those lanes. We knew what this is the weakness for the Dallas Cowboys defense was all last year. It was the running game straight up the gun, and we just didn't have anybody over there that can kind of clog those lanes.
Speaker 6: It's not like about pass rush.
Speaker 8: It's about clogging lanes and keeping those offensive linemen off your second level defenders, which was you know, Lve and Clark let them run sideline the sidelines. So from all I hear about Smith and all I read about him, he fits that bill.
Speaker 2: All right. He's a big, strong guy.
Speaker 6: He's been in the weight room. He can clog holes.
Speaker 8: He has some pass rush ability, but that's not really you know what we want. We want a guy that can clog things up, keep these offensive linemen off the second level, and I feel like he fits the bill and checks every market. If he could become a three down lineman, that's great, but we need him for that first and second down and clog that thing up. So I'm glad we went that route for the defensive line because it was much needed.
Speaker 4: You go with me, all right, Well look, man, I'm gonna pull out your heart streaking man and go email with my kids and staf Hey, fella, come on, Manu Vaughan. I thought, first of all, if you if you saw the draft, you followed the draft, that was a special moment to see uh, the scout Chris Vaughan draft his son, you know, and put that in. I just thought that was special moment. Asked you about your most emotional but talk about man, give me a second. All right, all right, all right, you talk about bring your evil down or not?
Speaker 2: Because set you off for a team. Hey, bring your evil down? Okay.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is, man, that was a special moment. Everybody knew that the Cowboys needed to make a move at a running back at some point. I don't think that they the prototypical guy that you were looking for in Zeke's absence. Uh, we definitely were looking at a bigger guy. But Duce Vaughan still is a guy that's going to be you know, liking and and tied to Darrence Pros because of the Kansas States uh ties, but you know, being his height, ast stature.
Speaker 2: The guy's a playmaker and I.
Speaker 4: Really can't wait to see how they fit him into this and how I mean he fits into that rotation. He has an uphill battle obviously with Rojo and Leek Davis, all the guys that are on this roster. But man, I think that's that was one of those picks that I think for me. Man again, Kansas State brother, and man, I like to pick you. They don't make fun of me by lsu Ever again, you know the way this man just speak now listen. I thought it was an amazing moment. Almost brought a tear to my eye. Okay, But like you said, uphill battle. So when we're talking about me, when I'm thinking of it, I'm thinking about impactful on the spirit of not picking the same person as Barry because I would have I'm going with my guy, Luke Shoemaker Mocker. Yes, you're talking about a tight end yes, no, look no no, Like I said, I don't want to pick the same guy as Barry.
Speaker 2: No no, no no.
Speaker 4: So so you know I am the one who stands on the table and pounds the table for dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad he got his three take me. I'm happy about that.
Speaker 4: But in the spirit of knowing that this may be a real huge sign that this will be a running team for sure, because what did you go get? You ain't got you a guy from Michigan who was blocking, blocking, blocking, but he still has the ability to get out there and then catch some passes and find find ways to get open, have some speed. But his main thing is, hey man, he gonna get out there. He's gonna be a point of attack guy. So you can run behind him if you need to. And that lets me know that, Hey, Mike McCarthy wasn't just messing with us when he said, hey man, we want to run the ball and play to our defense, because that's the strength of our team. We are going to put something behind it. Let's go get us a tight end who can block, because what was the knock on Dalton shows good block not a run blocker. Now you got a guy who can get out there in space and connected to the to the quarter offense and get out there and block some guys. So I'm going there, but you know you still you still want to. But that's just a sign for me. We're gonna run the ball, We're gonna play defense, and that's what we that's what I think we need to do to win.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 4: Just you know, I think that's a crowded, tight end room. And he has an uphill battle too, even though he's a number two pick. So Hendershot got something to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can't say all you want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the second round figure who's getting the more, who's getting most opportunities to get out there?
Speaker 2: And I get it, you know you're trying to shoot slugs because then he heard it.
Speaker 6: By the way, when Heckma says em that sense for every man a wildcat that I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I thought it was emotional. That's what.
Speaker 4: My my brother went to kmdist state.
Speaker 2: Okay, well shout some love in so I know what it is.
Speaker 4: He talked a lot of missing He was so happy when you can't stay b l s U that year and we had nobody playing on the squad, so shout out, they'll man, because I know y'all all the type of people.
Speaker 10: Man, Danny, don't don't talk about second round draft picks having to play.
Speaker 6: Let's be honest with you, bro.
Speaker 2: Come on, no, no, no, no, no, I say he's gonna get more opportunity.
Speaker 4: Shout out to shout out to how much you got second round about him?
Speaker 2: I know, I'm just talking about second round, just talking about cigarettes.
Speaker 6: And went to lu Su who.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm going with Mazzie Smith and we talked about it on this show consistently.
Speaker 5: They can't sit around here be a championship team.
Speaker 3: If you can't stop the bruk, it just it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys have won five world championships, and you look at the five championships. You talk about a guy like Bob Lily in the middle, about Randy White. I mean, you've had guys who can play or stop the run. Mazzie Smith does that. The problem in listening to people as I'm hearing them on talk shows and watching Twitter, they don't get what Mazzi does. No, he's not Aaron Donald, he's not Warren Sap. But ask your show who was playing next to Warren.
Speaker 3: Sap was Booger McFarland. Think like that Booger McFarlane.
Speaker 5: Think Hellodinada up there with in Baltimore helping Ray Lewis get to the ball, Tony Sarah Goosa, Sam Adams, those kind of players that they have, Aaron Donald in La. Think Ashan Robinson who's playing next to Aeron. A guy that can sit up here and get double teams. I would at that Fiesta Bowl with TCU and Michigan played, and TCU got on him, Michigan clawed their way back. One of the ways it came back was Ozzie Smith ended up stripping I want to say it was Kendrick Miller who he stripped him in the game, and Kendrick ended up getting hurt too, but he helped turn that game around. Steve Avola, who a lot of people liked here in the building, the guard of TCU. He got drafted high too. He said Mazzie was his toughest, toughest guy here. He played all year and I just think of this players. It's not quote unquote sexy. You don't have any Fantasy football numbers on him, but this is a guy who can make everybody else's job easier, and I love the fact that they went there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean from everything I heard, they say, he's kind of like an immovable object. But he can just take double teams, but he's not gonna give ground. He might not push it back, but he's not gonna give ground. And that's what you need when you got linebackers with speed like we have. And I like that third round pick as well. Believe it's overshawn that guy. I think he has some potential to be kind of a kind of a stund out there. I don't think it's gonna show right from the jump. I think he's gonna have to work his way through. I think he could be a great special teams player. But with the speed and the take that they have on him, he can be a special player in this league.
Speaker 4: A guy that came out initially as a safety, yeah, and then bumped down to linebacker has coverage skills. I just like the way he is downhill and there's a you know, there's the rumor that said they want to use him more of as an edge guy.
Speaker 6: Also, so very interesting to see the way that they use him.
Speaker 4: They have a plan for him, but also special teams being the other part of how he's going to be used.
Speaker 5: Talk to a Texas coach down there and try to get here, give me a little give me a little bit on him. And he said, smart can cover running backs and tight ends, and he's a really good pass rusher off the edge and inside.
Speaker 6: So that'll be huge, that'll be huge.
Speaker 5: And this is one where you go back into dan Quinn. Dan Quinn says, all right, give me this guy. I've got a plan for him. I always go back to the plane he had for Michael Parsons. All right, go ahead, go ahead, just puts more emphasis.
Speaker 6: You can never let dan Quinn.
Speaker 5: Get out of his building, that man getting in a lifetime contract or something like that.
Speaker 4: What you're gonna keep letting office of the line coaches get about here the way they know goodness? I said, Now, yeah, huh was that's the one disappointed thing disappointed talking about We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna wait to the okay, compensatory.
Speaker 6: He's saying, Marcus Spears and Tyrer Smith had a good party.
Speaker 4: And over the year when it got to the fourth he's like, yeah, bro went orders winks stopped till down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that.
Speaker 6: Which was surprising, Yeah, surprising. What do I know, yeah, right when I take out a tar heel for you when I got I said anything dragon, nobody.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about Richards in the fifth round.
Speaker 6: Tell my priority. That was a compensatory pick too.
Speaker 5: So Richards in the little video saying cowboyation, he came ready to work.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm good luck to it.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get a shot and Josh Paul is moving the guard.
Speaker 2: It's okay, good crickets.
Speaker 4: High shout out to John.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 5: I would I've been watching. I've been checking tape on him, going on this Twitter looking looking at.
Speaker 6: Him because they sat up there said hey, you know play tackle and playing with some guard.
Speaker 5: Position flex So yeah, I mean you guys, Danny and Barry, you played this league.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 5: If you're Josh Ball, this is this is competition for you. And I specifically asked Mike McCarthy that pre press rapt the press corps about Ball and about Matt Willets.
Speaker 2: Sure a good question, man, And once.
Speaker 5: Again I learned from Jason Garrett. Listen to what they don't say talk nice about. Well, let's go, what do you like, Josh Ball. We're gonna move inside, gonna play some guard that had heard anything about guard from from Ball and oh guard tackle like, okay, try, we're trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: At least they're still giving them a shot. Just say like, hey man, this where you're gonna be. And if it don't work out for you, don't work out, they like, listen, we're gonna give you every opportunity to make the squad.
Speaker 2: And there you go on the cam half step and be ready.
Speaker 5: Now that they drafted Ausin Richards from North Carolina, you know there's one more cat and the road.
Speaker 2: I laughed at Nick Eatman. Man he made the statement.
Speaker 4: And Josh Ball is six foot eight, it's gonna be impossible to complete that slapt route all in the windows in the back of the head. That's gonna last for about a series.
Speaker 9: Ball.
Speaker 2: We are, we are rooting for you down here. Beat up, johsh Ball. We need it for you.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 2: Take a break right well.
Speaker 5: Right now, take a break on the players lines by to those right here on Dallas ike An, I'm.
Speaker 2: Ready you catch'all talking about it at all.
Speaker 13: Whimb with Smoothie King's original Angel Food and new Angel Food Slim without added sugar, you no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great, because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you to my our classic Angel Food or the new Angel Food slim blended without added sugar. Smoothie King rule of the day.
Speaker 10: Attention Cowboys fans looking for the best shave of your life. There's a new official razor of the Dallas Cowboys, Shave Logic. Imagine not having to buy blades as often and getting more smooth shaves than your old razor guaranteed or your money back. After more than ten years of research in over one hundred and fifty company patents, shave Logic is proud to offer Cowboys fans a special offer. For a limited time, visit shavelogic dot com and get a free ten dollars gift card with your purchase. Go to shavelogic dot com now for more smooth shaves guaranteed.
Speaker 12: Nobody protects you from mayhem like all State. You hear that I'm a torrential downpour. Torrential? What's that even mean? It means you can't see out of your windshield and if you have the wrong car insurance, you might have to make it rain.
Speaker 3: To fix your bumper.
Speaker 6: So switch to all State.
Speaker 12: Save money and be better protected from mayhem like me.
Speaker 5: Based on coverage and them it's selected sendrac to terms, conditions and availability in most states.
Speaker 6: Prices very based on how you buying. All State garn Cashty Insurance Company and affiliate strth Brook, Illinois.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 6: A prushdout who looks white. It's not there. He escaped left. He'll run full a perch down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 14: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run thish in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 14: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: To the players Loud.
Speaker 4: The tenth annual Reliant Home Run Derby is back at Riders Field Infrasco on May third at six pm. Come see your favorite Dallas Cowboy players swing for the fences to raise money for the Salvation Army admission and parking our free visit Cowboys dot com slash Reliant hr D to learn more.
Speaker 2: See you there.
Speaker 6: Who was the home uny? You know derby champion?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm just throwing it out there. Now.
Speaker 2: Can I throw something out there?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 6: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Your boy gonna m c the thing?
Speaker 6: Man or what? Yeah? One, I might have to show up.
Speaker 2: It's going down with a thing. You should play. You'd be a special alumni defend crown. Hey, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean I was a beef to cranked eighteen of them things out there.
Speaker 4: One husband underhands softball.
Speaker 2: What they said that cork back your back? Wood back?
Speaker 6: It was a wooden back, yeah, back cranking.
Speaker 3: The mad props to you, man, because that would back.
Speaker 6: No joking at all, that brisk Well you hit it wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember we're trying to hit his Minor League park, the Lancaster JetHawks.
Speaker 3: They had us hit man with that what bat man? That hit the thing wrong? I thought somebody stupid?
Speaker 6: Like all in Man, it's a skill still, Chris.
Speaker 5: Man like yo, yeah, man, Man, props to people who do it professionally in sports. All that stuff you think, is he hitting the golf ball, hitting the baseball? Get on out there do it? You know, no, just trip man?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Players was about to buy tho he Harrison, Barry Church, Danny.
Speaker 4: Craze here where he's everywhere.
Speaker 2: You've been smooth almost a year though he.
Speaker 5: Man got me, got me, uh, Barry go go to the night though.
Speaker 6: Man me and were gone. We'll get at some of the after this.
Speaker 5: Bl Okay, look cowboy Twitter full of displeasure. Okay, looking at the Eagles with jealous eyes. Everybody was wanted what he wanted Georgia bulldog with the Cowboys here because the Eagles went, I got got two more, three more?
Speaker 6: What pick did you say? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Obviously, go get Will McClay and you're gonna get the draft department some credit because last what ten years they've been one of the best in terms of first round picks and producing Pro Bowls, tied with San Francisco with nine in terms of all pro players.
Speaker 3: But give me the pick, you said, M I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna have to go with my got shoemaker out there? Am I pronouncing that? I feel like I'm not pronouncing that shoemaker shoon maker. Thank you appreciate the help.
Speaker 6: But to me, I feel like, you know.
Speaker 8: You got two young tight end prospects here in the building that we've seen last year can make some plays for you to.
Speaker 6: Go and get one in the second round.
Speaker 8: I feel like you could have gotten him later on, maybe in the third, maybe in the fourth.
Speaker 6: I feel like you could have gotten him.
Speaker 8: I would have rather seen that pick on someone in the interior offensive line, whether it's guard center, and maybe they didn't have any guards or centers that high on their draft board, and this was the guy that was high enough, and that's why they went and grab them. But to me, I feel like you could have gotten him later on. To me, once again, he's he's not one of those dynamic tight ends. Like he's not one of them all purpose everything block catching. He's dynamic. You can split them out and maybe he'll develop into that. But to me, as of right now, I think that was a little bit of a reach.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you in the league right now, who is that? Is that?
Speaker 2: All around?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, of course you got the Kittles of the world, you got the Kelsey's of the world, you got the n joke Who's of the world.
Speaker 6: Kelsey blocking, Kelsey blocking, Kelsey blocking, third rounder George Kittle, fifth round. That's what I feel like. You can get those guys later on.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying in their minds, he was one of the top four guys.
Speaker 2: I was told he plays some ball. Look, I'm not down on he plays some ball. I don't and it's not down on the player.
Speaker 4: And listen, and I've been on here giving Loom the Wells, the tight ends coach, a lot of love, a lot of love. So what we're seeing from the two young guys could possibly not be what he's seeing or they are seeing from the young guys. As far as being able to block at the point of attack and making some of those plays. Yeah, we saw him catch some passes, but they obviously felt like they had a problem. If you were thinking about playing daughty showed somebody last year or even this year and then picking a guy up in the second round, So it must be something that they're seeing order saying, hey man, this guy's potential is much higher than what we have in the room currently.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know. Like I said, this is a running game, But for me, I think it's more of.
Speaker 4: Like you know who he didn't pick, like what position we didn't pick until the fifth right.
Speaker 6: That worries me.
Speaker 4: It's always gonna worry me until we start to revamp this offen some line and not just kind of depend on it being a mixing match, like hey, this guy can play swing this and swing that, and he'll be okay. If we have an injury at the left tackle, which we already know is likely to happen, and then we have a right tackle who's coming off of acl injury, and then you got Josh Bald and trying to figure out how do we get some people who really can have an anchor at the our position, Because anytime we played Tampa over the last two years and we said Vita Bay was coming, we had an issue, right, and you want to make sure you don't have guys in that Prescott's pocket as soon as he snaps the ball when you're trying to do a five step drop and you need to have a little bit more time. So that is what worries me about the draft. Not necessarily a pick, because I have faith and Will McLay and Dan Quinn in the scouting department because they've been hitting for years, but just the fact that our officive line has been an issue for the last couple and we didn't seem the real division of the divisions. Yeah, man, they went and got heavy on defense. I'm talking about some playmakers. Sorry, no good man BC. Last Monday, I came in here and told everybody, Man, I knew I was gonna be upset.
Speaker 2: I already knew it.
Speaker 4: I mean, the writing was on the wall of what Philadelphia Eagles were going to do. I didn't know they was gonna, you know, spin the block on us and hit the thirty of me known do it like that. That's nasty. And they, I mean, they really did have a good draft. But all in all, I'm gonna agree with you on Shootmaker. I didn't think that he would be a guy that was gonna go up that high. And I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you that I was. I watched him and specifically said, he's one of the guys that we should pinpoint, especially when you had those other names in there. I was shocked that the Cowboys even were rumored to go tight end in the first round. I'm so happy that we didn't, you know, but the guy that we wanted wasn't there anyway for us to even take. But at the same time, the guy that they were saying we're gonna tell him, like, no way, there's no way we're gonna do that. So, you know, and I also agree with you, Danny Uh, there's something happening with Ferguson and Hindershot that we obviously don't know that they think that that is a need when you when you lose Schultz.
Speaker 2: You know, look, it's.
Speaker 4: I'm interested to see Mike McCarthy is now your offensive coordinator. He comes in with a different philosophy and his whole thing is being we're gonna play defense and we're gonna run the ball. Okay, that sounds good in theory, right, but too to what you're saying. Man, y'all gonna have to throw this ball. And we know the best deck we have is the deck that didn't have to deal with a lot of pressure, and so you still haven't revemped, you haven't gone back to at least figuring out who's going to be, uh your left guard if based off of what we understand. I just look, they haven't told us anything to say that it's going to be tiring and Tyler on the left side, Martin and still on the right side.
Speaker 2: So look, if that's not, if that's.
Speaker 4: Not going to be the starting lineup, then I just want to know what are they what are you thinking on who's gonna be your day one starter?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, shaky rattle, but you know he wasn't gonna mention it. But I'm out. Like, as soon as the trade was made for Swift, I was like, man, if you could go back in time and not paying God.
Speaker 2: Tim and know that you was you could be able to make a move like that. Would you do it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just just would you do it? Would you do would you pay TP to ten Tony Pollard?
Speaker 4: Or would you say, hey, man, we got an opportunity to get a guy like a Swift from Detroit, which was the Eagles made that traded during the draft.
Speaker 6: Which one would you Dowie?
Speaker 5: I would take Tony Pollard because he's a Pro Bowl player. DeAndre Swift has Pro Bowl talent, but he's never made I don't don't know if he's ever made the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not sure. I'm not sure. But good player injury history. I won't lie.
Speaker 5: When I saw what Detroit did in the first round, I thought, what would it take to get Swift? Clearly they decided they didn't want to do it. But man, look Kyrie Roseman, he's doing things. He's doing things. Let's see what it translates to. I'll say this, outside of Kansas City, they'll probably should. They should be the favorite when people talk about getting back to the Super Bowl. But I also knew this from just my NFL history. Hard to get back there, Oh yeah, it's hard to get back. Super Bowl losers have only won the super Bowl two times after losing Miami. After they lost Super Bowl six of the Cowboys went undefeated, won super Bowl seven and then New England a couple of years ago to Philly beat.
Speaker 3: Then they came back the next year.
Speaker 6: And they beat that Atlanta. I think that's who they beat.
Speaker 5: So it's hard. It's hard, but they're gonna get all the publicity. If you're the Cowboys, good let them for someone for once. Let somebody else have all the shine and all the family, Let them have the whole, Let them.
Speaker 3: Have all that.
Speaker 5: So so let's see you've lost coordinators there in Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: So let's see.
Speaker 5: Uh, they brought in Matt Patricia, who you know your corner can't stand.
Speaker 3: So let me see how all this stuff goes here in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Is they make these adjustments around here? You can assemble talent, how does it play?
Speaker 4: We see Jalen Carter is going to be a nightmare scenario for everybody in the NFC. He was one of the one of the best, Like take all the question marks out other than the stuff that they're talking about off the field. On the field, approven dog, a guy that could have been in the first would have been in the first round last year. So I mean, I understand, you know, you have to put this talent together. But on paper, well this is just on paper, boy, this looked like Brown, Jerome Brown, Reggie White. This looked like that ninety one Buddy Ryan. No that it wasn't Buddy Yan on that defense, but that looks like that defense. Coach, I think when they were when they were number one. Few people talk about that, that Philadelphia, that ninety one Philadelphia Eagles defense.
Speaker 6: I remember all them championships they won too, didn't.
Speaker 2: They did not. But here's the thing. But here's here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Right as dominant, you'd never seen a defense b ranked number one, finish number one and run and also passed. I'm just talking about the line that they had, the dominance that they played with back then, if they didn't amount to the championship. But now on the other side, you have an offense that can back up a pretty damn good Did they upbride their roster? He yeah, your offensive defensive out of the ball both sides, I would say, so your ad swift, your add and man the defense for us. Which is why we have this issue with this offensive line and trying to figure out how we're going to muster the strength some of these dudes, because right right now, you don't know who you have on your offensive line day you can depend on? Who can you like as you're looking at your tackles, who can you depend on?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 2: Your guard only one? So right now you look, you said, man, I got one for sure, You're playing spades.
Speaker 4: But you got you call that, I got one for show. You might get posted Smith Tyllas Smith. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. What are you playing it? But no, no, you got to.
Speaker 9: You got to.
Speaker 2: You got to.
Speaker 6: You got to.
Speaker 4: And it worries me because now you don't know the dude gonna play left tack or left guard, depending on what the other guy who's on the outside is.
Speaker 2: Say his name.
Speaker 4: You know, it's okay, man, it's all right, it's all right. But like I said, like you said, it's on paper, it's on paper, and you've seen teams you know not be able to make it back. But I mean Cincinnati, just okay.
Speaker 5: So the player you said, I don't know, Scoonmaker, what'd you have?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go saying, okay, I did lack of offensive line early, Okay, I don't. I don't have an issue with any of the players because, like I said, I believe that the guys that they saw are going to produce because they've been hitting.
Speaker 2: But I would have liked to.
Speaker 4: See, uh, you know, offensive line be more of a priority in the draft.
Speaker 5: You were not alone. There are a lot of people who felt that same way you did. Why didn't they do that? The third round pick I thought was interesting and overshown where I thought maybe that was going to be an offensive lineman. I don't know, haven't been able to dive into. He asked the right people were the guys you liked off the board?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Were they were?
Speaker 6: They gone?
Speaker 5: Because that was one thing for people about Shoemaker. They felt like, hey, we got a list, here's the next guy on our list. And they did not like the Georgia player. Okay, they brought him in for a visit, So Nola Smith, no, no.
Speaker 6: No, okay, I got you all the big, big Washington.
Speaker 5: Children, and we think about, yes, they've drafted guys they brought in, but you can also see guys that you bring in and you're like, no, I don't. I don't have the feel that I want. So Shoemaker was a guy that they wanted and the play caller wanted it.
Speaker 3: Especially a little bit different than last year, right that was.
Speaker 2: The pand coats and play caller.
Speaker 3: Play caller won a round one one of the guys and you got to wait.
Speaker 6: So round two. They've done that before every one time.
Speaker 5: Parse Parcels didn't want, Terrence Newman didn't want, so second round parcels got the picks.
Speaker 3: Guy, Chris be you remember that.
Speaker 5: I gotta take al al Als Wisconsin ouse.
Speaker 6: Who was McCarthy's tight ends on his Michael Bubba Franks.
Speaker 8: It took Big Bubble for Miami, Big Bubba Franks.
Speaker 2: So the tight ends have been a big part of it.
Speaker 6: Michael Finley was a dog and you're tight. You're tight end.
Speaker 5: Who can block? Which you can put in the h back a full back situation. You can put them in different spots. So you're talking about that position flexibility, schoolmaker coming out of Michigan. That's that's the stuff I can see. Let's get a final break in here. Danny wanted to.
Speaker 2: Give the great.
Speaker 4: Let's give a gread a guy like just start throwing. I would never another topic.
Speaker 6: And I agreed with Danny about giving out.
Speaker 4: That's so that's what it took. That's what they took. I had to go all so me and knew he decided.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Danny brought it up, and the motion passed and we'll talk about it all the players bout you by Tostito Loo Dallascowboys dot.
Speaker 2: Com pobies Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothe bowls start with Usai and pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Once you use the Cowboys locker rooms favorite products, check out the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black. Right now you can get the Jack Black Playmaker, a curated collection of Cowboys locker room favorites, for just ten bucks with free shipping.
Speaker 2: The playmaker includes four.
Speaker 10: Jack Blacks get care favorites plus a full sized intense therapy lipbomb. Go to get Jack Black dot com, slash Cowboys and use the code word Cowboys the Jack Black Playmaker tim bucks free shipping.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot Com is just a few taps away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 2: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 14: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it.
Speaker 6: Easy to own a piece of the future.
Speaker 14: Blockchain dot Com Trust it by millions, trust it by America's team.
Speaker 15: No one knows where this market will go. Things could change tomorrow, next week, or next month. At Meryl, we've been here before, and history shows this is the time to stay focused on your future because through every market, the bull will always have your back. Find an advisor in North Texas at mL dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Publish Meryl, a Bank of America company.
Speaker 6: What would you like the power to do? Investing involves risk?
Speaker 12: Merylynch, Pierce, Fender and Smith, Incorporated, Register Brokeer Dealer, Registered Investment Advisor Number SIPC, a holy own subsidiaria of Bank.
Speaker 6: Of a Market Corner.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Multi Grammy Award winning Global Superstar Ed Sharon comes to AT and T Stadium this Saturday, May sixth to kick off his twenty twenty three Mathematics Tour. Sharon will be accompanied by a special guest, Kalid In Dylan. Get your tickets today at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T dot Com.
Speaker 6: All Right, Sharon in TNT Stadium.
Speaker 5: Draft grades in the producer Chris Bean hitting a pretty obvious thing where he talked about a couple of years ago when the Chiefs got a draft grade of a C minus because at ten they took Patrick Mahomes and the analysis said, calling Mahomes a project is a major understate. He's nowhere near ready to play in the NFL, and honestly, he may never be. Between the inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets, and his lack of field vision, He's going to leave as many big plays on the field as his created.
Speaker 3: This was a risky.
Speaker 6: Pick insert foot in mouth.
Speaker 5: And he got one that that particular had one thing right. He wasn't ready his first year, but Andy Reid knew what he had Alex Smith, but by the time he played that final game when they rolled him out there, he bowled that last game.
Speaker 6: He bowled, So coaching matters too. Thanks.
Speaker 4: They let the wrong person get their hands on him. Yeah, he might have been They have been right. It might have been right. Let the wrong person get in there.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So Danny mccraye, Heck Maharrison, Barry Church, I'm to he strutch. This is played lounge time for draft grade Tech Mayrison.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go be plus. I'm gonna go be plus. I thought overall, it's this is the role we have, man. We get an opportunity after these guys come out there for o t as we see him in pre season, then we get to say, what's better than one for Hoko too, right, y'all?
Speaker 2: I mean that's who we get an opportunity to see it's.
Speaker 6: Worked out, right, cousin or yeah, we need be Abada's cousins. I think so something like.
Speaker 4: Somebody good, somebody disrespect you get opportunity. I'm going to be I'm going to be plus. I'm going b plus man. I want to see how this works out. I mean, and this shoemaker could surprise us.
Speaker 2: All he ain't not gonna surprise me. I think that last time we did this, I was right.
Speaker 6: Okay, absolutely over Shawan and be you know, l t esk out there. Give it B plus all right, all right, I'm gonna give it a B. Michael Gelkin in the Morning News gave it an A.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to do that, but I'm going to give it a B because they did what I've been asking them to do from the time the season ended. Please please fix your run defense. Put somebody out there who can can plug a hole. They needed to do that, so I'm not gonna argue with that at all. They did it, so I'm gonna shut up and be happy. I believe this kid, combined with Hankins, can help this defense and also makes a better player. Diggy Zoo to help me. You saw Michael Parsons love to pick. So I'm all for that right there. So that right there makes me just give it a B.
Speaker 4: It's an odd man out somewhere. I guess we'll get to that some other time, but it's an odd man out.
Speaker 6: He didn't mention them.
Speaker 4: That's the odd man out. It's an odd man out. I mean, my guy, I think it's my guy.
Speaker 6: To Masie Smith comes in, I mean, I mean we saw who we saw sick games last year. You just think about healthy scratch right, My god, just think about some folks too. He was watching that draft like, oh.
Speaker 4: God, I'm a copy off NEWI I'm an give him a bee.
Speaker 6: I'ma give him a bee.
Speaker 4: Had we gone earlier with the offensive lineman, I would have gave him a B plus, possibly an eight. But as I said earlier in the show, the fact that we have a tight end that they wanted to focus on that could run block, then let me leads me to believe that Mike McCarthy is saying true to his word and saying, we are going to run the ball and help our defense out. And what are you doing in the first round? You help that defense out even more by getting Missie Smith. What are you doing the third round? You get you another linebacker who can rush as well. So wait, we tell you, hey, man, we need to find somebody who can help out Michael Parson because he's a little small in there. You want to make sure that he is taking the wear and tear on his body throughout a seventeen game season so he can be healthy and ready to go for our playoff push.
Speaker 2: Right, what did you do? You gave?
Speaker 4: You are continuing to give dan Quinn everything he needs because you just leaning into that philosophy that our defense is gonna run this lead this team. Right, So I'm gonna give him a BE because they did it all. And if these defensive players paying out and Shoemaker is anything close to what Dalton Schults was in the past game, and we already know he's better in the run game, then you got better offensively and defensively.
Speaker 6: That's facts, and I'm gonna go ahead and give him a B plus.
Speaker 8: You know, I feel like, you know, for all the reasons you guys just said, I feel like we get dressed the defensive line and not only you know, getting to run stuffer, but somebody that can keep those offensive linemen off the second level.
Speaker 6: I also believe we did a little bit for our special teams.
Speaker 8: I mean, we were talking about this, you know, while how are we gonna get these guys in, how are we gonna get.
Speaker 6: These guys to help out fossil?
Speaker 8: And I think you've got a couple of young guys that can go out there and they can really run you know their big bodies. I mean when me and Danny played, I used to hate, you know, going against guys that were biggest heck, but can run as well. I'd rather if you're big, be slow than the mug, but if you're big and fast, it's one of the hardest things to block in special teams. And I feel like we got some of those young guys in there. We got a lot of depth pieces as well. The only reason I didn't give him an A is because, like we talked about, we didn't address that offensive line early enough in my opinion, But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: But overall, gonaivehim a B plus.
Speaker 3: Awesome Richards.
Speaker 6: I'm counting on you, counting on your offensive lineman from North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I'm counting.
Speaker 5: Really, you're gonna need you need somebody to pop in this thing that you don't really know.
Speaker 6: Much about and just say, Okay, this is a guy.
Speaker 5: And I'm honestly, if I'm the old line coach, you know you got opportunity here, right, got opportunity, So.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 3: See what this guy can do.
Speaker 4: Does this mean that they thought that the officsive line coaching was the issue.
Speaker 6: You bring in a new offensive line coach.
Speaker 4: And then you know, now you're not necessarily addressing the problem to where we believe it's a problem like player wise skill wise, And then they're looking at it and saying, listen, we got a new voice in here, Like when Dan Quinn comes in and replaces Nolan, we got a new voice in here. Maybe this is gonna get more out of our players that we currently have in a room than what we had previously.
Speaker 6: So I just lean on one.
Speaker 5: There could be I believe you are onto something that's a real curveball you're throwing the man.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing with the tight end room. We looked at it and said, hey, man, hender shot. And first they're ready. And then they looked at it and said, hold on, wait, we got we got some right players loud, didn't They give philm and credit though for Terrence Steel for his development, and give them credit for Tyler Smith as well.
Speaker 6: Somewhere along the way to credit, stop they moved on credit. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so when the head coach, head coach lost a couple of his guys, so so yeah, so so yeah, somebody somebody somewhere didn't feel that way.
Speaker 6: He couldn't develop Josh Bam. Somebody somewhere felt way they felt just saying.
Speaker 4: They guard If Josh Ball comes out and plays well this season, let him do with me.
Speaker 2: No nork, what you just said. Okay, you said he couldn't develop Josh Boss.
Speaker 4: If he comes out of developing, if this offensive line coach comes out and Johns Ball plays well, we are correct. Then what we said he's thinking. Time to take it out of them. He just got in the back of the head with this slip. Rather already know where we're going. We're gonna need you to lean down right now.
Speaker 5: Way off topic, but uh, we're all good with signing Robbie Gold.
Speaker 3: They should go make that move.
Speaker 4: You know it's in Chicago getting great, great, dude, accurate getting Why not? Hey wait, and don't forget to give a Lamar a shout out? Lamar and his mama? All right, who negotiated that contractor she made her smooth seven point something Lamar Jackson Hiwes paid. Tell y'all how easy that deal was to get done. Just pay me a little bit more than the guy you just signed.
Speaker 2: I mean, how easy is that?
Speaker 11: Dog?
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing hard about that?
Speaker 5: Jaylen Hurst didn't get a full week. He didn't get a thank get a full week.
Speaker 4: Yes, And speaking of they paid him, they put weapons around him.
Speaker 2: He got O'Dell, he got up the bate the flowers. You got JK.
Speaker 4: Dobbins in the back, in the backfield, you got Mark Andrews, and hey Man, you got you got healthicism was ready for him.
Speaker 6: But you see, you got Hurts getting paid. Lamar Jackson getting paid.
Speaker 5: Three of the first four picks in the draft black, all these black quarterbacks getting paid.
Speaker 6: Brother's gonna work it out. I love to see it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow better get more than Justin Herbert. He got he got you know what, the man did this thing we got.
Speaker 5: So I'm justin Herbert. I'm leaning on the hey man in California taxes already, I need a little more to make these taxes work.
Speaker 4: Jacksons Barrow's gonna get man that that well, that's gonna be ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well, at some point in time, Patrick Mahome's gonna go back there and say, I need I need this, I need this renegotiat.
Speaker 6: I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 3: Come on with legitimate, with legitimacy, with legitimacy. So my guys. It's forty f I passed the office. We gotta go.
Speaker 6: Barry Church, Yes, Harrison, Yes, sir, that's PC.
Speaker 2: Congratulations man, what's his name?
Speaker 6: You can't remember? He slipped the l s U National Champion.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We'll try to ring you next time.
Speaker 6: I bring. I never saw it.
Speaker 3: I never saw it.
Speaker 2: There's a few of them. It's all right, that really was.
Speaker 5: There's some strong ass offers on it next time, lady guys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.