Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of I Want to TRANSI so zi that's not a little hornier than a cypers Hill made it found I couldn't do his voice. I got I got a little horny at the end of that for some reason. I'm Jack. That's DJ Daniel.
Speaker 2: Goodbye baby, happy to be here, Jack.
Speaker 1: How are you happy for twenty I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Yeah, it's a delicious for twenties so far, Daniel.
Speaker 1: We have a special guest for today's Trends because as we're about to record, superroducer Victor legend legend mate Legendary. Victor actually purchased the ranch ice cream. Yes, Victor, you're there. Let's hear your voice.
Speaker 3: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: How's it going good? Victor also has uh the interview voice on interview to be here today? Seems like he's like rolling calls for State Farm right now. He's got the headset with a little mic on it.
Speaker 3: I'd talk to you about your insurance.
Speaker 1: There a few please jesus, Jackie, take some What we gotta go. I gotta get out of here. Man freaking out, man, Victor. When did the ice cream arrive? How did you go about purchasing it? And what does it taste like?
Speaker 4: So? I was in Walmart looking at the ice cream selection, and Van Lewin is a very famous French ice cream that we've talked about on this show. They've done mustard flavor, They've done mac and Cheese flavor, and most recently, they've done Hidden Valley Ranch Flavor.
Speaker 1: Which they just labbo with the Hidden Valley logo on the on the box.
Speaker 4: I never thought that they would have it in my local Walmart, so I just had to buy it.
Speaker 3: It's five dollars for a pint.
Speaker 2: Yes, you never.
Speaker 1: Think it's going to happen to you until it does, you know. That's the damn to say. I think this is a pro We're going to start with some four twenty news stories, but I feel like this is appropriate. This is also for twenty news because how high were they when they came up with this one, guys? And I'm sure the stoners are gonna get a kick out of this one. Guys. It so you did smell it and it made a wretching face. So but you haven't you haven't tasted it yet.
Speaker 4: No, I've not tasted it yet. It smells like you know those vegetable with ranch dips. Yeah, exactly like that, which is fine if it's a vegetable with ranch dip. But this is fucking ice cream, right, So.
Speaker 1: It smells like vegetable and ranch, or it just smells like ranch. Okay, it just smells like ranch dip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that plate has like a smell to it, you know what. It's kind of like crisp and freshish, but it inherently vegetably and air.
Speaker 4: Also, once I close the thing, there's still like a lingering tad flavor in the air.
Speaker 3: Would you like, can I try this?
Speaker 2: I mean I wouldn't, but I think you have to for the You're sitting right there with it in your hand. I'm so curious. Yeah. Oh it's soft, best of luck.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, he's putting it in his mouth. He just kind of used one of his fingers to try and keep it in his mouth.
Speaker 2: A little bit weird, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Am I doing five dollars on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And Vick word just emailed me his resignation in the show, So that was great. It was great having you on what is what.
Speaker 4: A fawful afters He sorry, it's more vanilla than I thought it would be, but back and there's a lot of brand.
Speaker 3: It feels like it's coming out of my.
Speaker 1: Nose, a lot of those spices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is the flavor palette more dominantly sweet or savory?
Speaker 4: More dominantly sweet with a savory after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really fucked up.
Speaker 1: Vanilla ice cream with a ranch kicker.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: So on the tip of your tongue the minute it hits, you taste more vanilla, and then as it rolls back into your throat and through the nose, that's where all the ranch hits.
Speaker 2: Very really awful. That's really gross. That's really gross.
Speaker 3: I also have a champagne flavor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good on that that. I can see how that works. So we're yeah, we're good. But you should go enjoy your ice cream. Thank you for taking that one for the team. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you. Oh seven the chat for Victor.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, uh four twenty news. Yes there's an edible company that made a four hundred and twenty pound edible.
Speaker 2: Yes, with four point two million milligrams of THC.
Speaker 1: I think Brian just gave that segment an F. Brian just wrote F in the chat.
Speaker 2: This is the F is a c jack. This is a bit of a gamer reference here. Let me clue a little bit. Okay, there is a moment in a Call of Duty game where during a cutscene, you press the F key to pay respects to the dead. So literally, you walk up to a coffin and it says, press F to pay respects. And that is now a meme that has been used all over where people just press F and chat to.
Speaker 1: Of course, I knew that I was just, you know, doing a fun joke. But all games, you can assume I know about all gamer memes and everything I'm doing is just a joke about how dumb I am, but that the clueless doesn't actually game doesn't know every single gamer meme character is a character I play for your entertainment people.
Speaker 2: You really know it?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, it's believable.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm not normally an actor, but that, for whatever reason, that character I just really can get inside the skin of Victor reports Champagne flavorworks. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Nice. Back to the sawl This.
Speaker 1: Edible is big and it looks sticky. It looks like a giant caramel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the fact it's so for those who are curious. This link shows a person sitting in what looks like, you know, sitting on the floor of a restaurant or a floor of a kitchen rather where a big tarp has been laid out, and a giant slab of chocolate with zen printed in twos because I imagine that that is the company that makes the edibles. Zen is pressed into the top. And it's like the size of a dinner table, like a thick dinner table.
Speaker 1: It's the size of a like California king size waterbed. It's a big ass bed.
Speaker 2: And there's two things I'm thinking here. One, like, unless that room is a refrigerator that's melting and it's gross. Two, there's no way it's a four hundred and twenty pound chocolate with one hundred pounds of weed in it. There's no way this thing tastes good at all. And so it's just like, what are we doing here? I obviously from and we're talking about it. So mission accomplished from this damn thing for making this damn chocolate. But like that's got to taste gross.
Speaker 1: The kitchen that it's in looks like it smells like a dirty mop, like it's just got that it, you know, uh, middle school cafeteria look to it. So I don't trust them to have any less than like three hundred insects that have crawled through this what during the process of making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the back of a restaurant called Reads and one of the ease has fallen off of the sign.
Speaker 1: That's right. Also, just on the other side of things, the police are really underestimating stoners. It's hard to underestimate stoners, but this is this is unfair. So they basically what they did police department in Pennsylvania is offering to check out stoner's quote product on four twenty, which seems like bait for an obvious trap. They're offering a free bag of Doritos if you let them check out your product, which do people who smoke we refer to it as product. I feel like that's just from pretty much like cocaine movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing you say to your friend when you're being cheeky coming home from like the dispensary, and they send you back lol.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, I got the product. I got the stuff exactly. Man, let me check out your stuff. And then also, if you are willing to turn in your dealer, they'll give you a family sized bag of Doritos.
Speaker 2: I mean it really feels like, can be turn on your friends for Doritos. Yes, it's a joke for cops by coops, Like it feels like they surely don't expect to have anyone actually do this and it's just a dig at Stoner's.
Speaker 1: Maybe they do. I could see them being like, yeah, watch, we'll get the hopheads in here and they'll let us test their drug right maybe yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's two on the nose. It's too it's a poor written joke. It's like a joke from a bad sitcom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, acab includes uh no it doesn't. Yeah, they were if this had been what if this had been like Derrito's collab exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Most most stnor comment to blame Doritos and then instantly renege on the blaming.
Speaker 1: Just to be like, yeah, it's like, we do love you.
Speaker 2: Favorite Dorita's flavor. Go what's your favorite flavor?
Speaker 1: I mean it's got to be nacho cheese.
Speaker 2: Straight up, nacho cheese, straight up. I'm a spicy notcho guy, but I love the nacho cheese of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just a classic I think they've really like whatever the food science is, it's the peak of food science. It's just everything about it is perfect and impossible to stop eating. And yeah, that's that is what we have instead of public transportation in this country, so we might as well enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Fact.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back talk Frank Oshan, but news all that shit, and we're back. Frank ocean Yes is leaving Coachella. He's abandoning his Week two show citing a broken ankle. I'm having trouble dealing with my feelings around this, people are saying. And that's why he abandoned the ice skating rink portion of his show, which made me wonder was he going to be ice skating? Yeah during like in that version in his head, because that's like I have this, like I have terrible stage fright, and like, so I'll like write a bunch of jokes before a live show that I immediately spike. I'm like, I'm writing them for a version of me that doesn't have stage fright, and like I just immediately like spike thirty jokes the second I get on stage and be like, no, that's not funny. That's not funny. I'm like believe he has like really horrendous stage fright, and sure the idea that like the version of him like from before the show was like and then I get out there and I start doing triple axles, and like, is just so funny to me the idea that someone would be like, yeah, I have stage fright. But the way I'm going to get around that is to just make myself be the most glorious and graceful figure skater, even though that's not really my thing, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we found out that Frank Ocean was a legendary ice d ancer, like that's the anime arc that no one expected that is, that would be an incredible story.
Speaker 1: And this one of the greatest sliding door moments in pop culture history that he just like doesn't break his ankle during run through of the thing, and we're now instead of like wondering what happened to this live show, we're all just like marveling that he just hid the fact that he was an amazing ice dancer up to the last moment and it was just.
Speaker 2: It was just unknown to us all. Yes, you said you were battling with your feelings on this, Like what are your feelings.
Speaker 1: I've never thought that live performing was or like any any sort of like really energetic, care free live performance, like the thing that I think a lot of people go to Coachella for, like something that where like you're just getting energy from the artist, you know, Like I've never thought that would ever be a thing that I would get. So like going into the live show, I was worried for him, like I was at the Coachella. The one coachel I went to was the one where Outcasts was there, and what a year? What a year? Except I was there the first week and they hadn't had the like sound locked in and so it like sounded like shit. And then like you get the sense of like the audience is not there for an outcast show. It's not an outcast audience, and so people were like, yea sucks, and like just like walked away and stuff. So like anytime there's like an artist who's coming back after a long period and it's like an important artist, and like when they do that at Coachella, it never goes well. Like halfway through the set, Andre was like, are you guys there, what's happening? Like like the crowd was so bad he had to keep like asking people if they were alive. So, I just this is a bad setup for somebody who isn't like known to be a live performer, and you know, is coming back after seven years at a festival that's just music. Live music fans and like people who like to put flower wreaths in their hair like that's you know, are just like there for the gram Sure, yeah, totally totally. So I don't know, I'm not mad at him. I wish it had gone better for him. But I also think it's very funny that they went from Frank Ocean too Blank twenty eighty two.
Speaker 2: That is, that is very funny. I think that totally fits the kind of grammable, nostalgic music fan vibe that should play in a mainstage, especially after not performing fully together for like nine years. I think blankwin eighty two like taking over that spot kind of like perfectly makes sense. I think there's a little bit of if I'm I love Frank, but I think you know, the phrase separating the art from the artist, I think that is a tough thing to do when it comes to people who were like say Nazis or you know, people who are abusers or something like that. Yeah, that's one thing. But with Frank, it's like, I just don't think I want to go see Frank Ocean live. I love Frank's music so much, but there hasn't been a live performance that I've seen from him ever that I was like, Wow, so glad I got to see this live. It's just like frankly never blowing me out of the water ever that.
Speaker 1: Said, I was never blowing you out of the ocean exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Frank, And I look back at his FYF said as which is a fuck yafes in La from twenty seventeen one of his one of his I mean, one of his last sets, and it was him on a on like basically the main stage had a catwalk to a smaller stage and it was just him on the catwalk with a wurlitzer and some like I mean really cool you can choose and he just kind of like stood up and sat down and kind of occupied this very small space that was kind of off of the main stage, a little less lights, right in the center of the crowd, and that was like maybe the best scenario in which I had ever seen him perform. And it was really kind of like intimate and magical and cool, and to me, it feels like the best place to see Frank Ocean might be at like a bar with forty other people. Yeah, and that this is just not something that suits him, So just go do that. Just a bar, Yeah, go do that. That sounds like it might be the best situation to see Frank Ocean, So like, you know, but at the same time, I also think with the amount of times that this dude has canceled on big shows, like to Golden Voice, you reap what you sew Like if you're going to trust this dude who has canceled so many times at big performances and also is not a big stage performer like this, I don't know. I don't think maybe I don't think you maybe offer this slot to Frank Ocean personally, not that I don't think he's this.
Speaker 1: They got exactly what they wanted, though, I mean, like now Coachella is headline news everywhere, like across the board, Like the awareness of Coachella is now better than it's ever been, Like this is great for them.
Speaker 2: Do you think that was on purpose?
Speaker 1: Sure? Like you get the big name and then you worry about the results later, And I think it was definitely not something that was out of the realm of the possibilities that they were taking into account when they were booking him as the artist, I would guess. But like any live event planning, there's definitely like a shitty, like shrewdness where you know, like the Academy Awards and like things going horribly wrong at the Academy Awards. Like they're not stupid, They're not like that was the worst thing that's ever happened to the Academy. No, no, of course, not no, of course, So I would imagine that it's not bothering them that much.
Speaker 2: So this has happened my only this isn't the rebut this is more just like a totally Also, this is the first year that Coachella has not sold out weekend two specifically, Oh is it? Yes? And it's not that I'm like saying this was some wild forty chess, but I don't think if Frank Ocean had done a good set, a decent set, it would have moved the needle on Coachella at all. Right, And I think this is a boon for them. You're one hundred percent right. The amount of people are talking about Coachella. Now more people will probably go next year, but like weekend to sales with the first time and it didn't sell out, and so Coachella a little bit losing its cachet specifically because it's now just a gram thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like, yeah, I might be wrong, but I just less.
Speaker 2: About wrong and more about like, I think it really worked out for them. I think I think you're right. There was somebody who's like, hey, maybe he bombs and it's dope, but that person was definitely quietest in the room, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, shout out to Golden Voice, the massive corporation behind Coachella.
Speaker 2: Who sucks shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and finally just ri ipd BuzzFeed News. They shuddered. You know, it was always weird to me when they like brought Ben Smith in from the New York Times and like tried to be real news. But like they succeeded and you know, had some really good journalism, like got venture capital money invested in actual journalism. So you know, it's not good whether there will be fewer journalists getting paid to do their job and fewer budgets to do the work of journalism, which that figure was already anemic. They did announce that they were going away with a callback to it. They just said BuzzFeed News signed off with a reminder that Blippy shit on his friend's check. I don't know if they said shit necessarily, but that was the news alert I got from them letting me know that they were going away, and I appreciated that. And then it was just just sent you to the twenty nineteen story where they broke it, where they broke that news. It's the bummer the word. It's getting dumber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, media and news is being shrunk down to TikTok sound bite. It's from that one person who's like, why is no one talking about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's just there used to be an understanding that the media was important for reasons outside of like driving profit, and like that idea now seems like wild anachronistic in our world, like that anybody would invest money in something just because it's good for the overall health of society. So anyways, rip and thank you for the Blippy story.
Speaker 2: Thank you for Blippy story.
Speaker 1: I don't know any other journalistic institution that would have had the courage to break that, and I don't like, I actually didn't look into this. I don't think they won a pullet or anything for like a Peabody or like anything for that work. But you know, they just did it. They just did the damn work that needed to be done. So shout out to them, Shout out to them. Shout out to you DJ Dan all for filling in for Miles.
Speaker 2: Shout out to you Jack.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You can find me all over the internet at DJ Underscore Daniel d A n L. I will be on Twitch tomorrow night. You find me on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok and all that noise, and yeah, come come by the Twitch channel and say hi. We have lots of zeychang in there. And everybody's so kind and sweet to each other and it's very nice. The community is has been largely created out of podcast listeners, and everybody's so sweet and cool. So it's a fun community to come join. Everybody's very welcoming. You won't get caught up in memes that won't make sense. Oh wait, yes, you absolutely well, Okay, great, well come on bye anyway, all.
Speaker 1: Right, that's gonna do it for us this afternoon. Back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight Deuces,