Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Malcolm Robinson, you were about to tell us a story about one of your adventures right before I interrupted you for that break. Can you please continue?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, obviously, because I'm immersed in this wonderful subject.
Speaker 4: It puts me in the ballpark of.
Speaker 3: Many incredible cases and stuff. So the following case happened a few years ago where I was invited into this this lady's family home where she had been plagued by poltergeist effects. So I was there with my Strange Phenomena investigations team. We had set up all equipment, we were working in kind of semi ambient light, and suddenly the psychic says, Malcolm, can you feel spirit.
Speaker 4: In this room tonight?
Speaker 3: And I went, no, I'm sorry, I can, And she's oh, it's everywhere. It's everywhere. Malcolm, stand over in the corner of the room and arm out, Extend your arm out with your your palm facing downwards, and ask spirit to touch you. I went really, and she says, yeah, please.
Speaker 4: And so one minute went.
Speaker 3: By, nothing, two minutes, nothing, three minutes, and on the fourth.
Speaker 4: Minute, a heavy push pushed.
Speaker 3: Down on the back of my hand, and boy did I get a fright.
Speaker 4: It was incredible.
Speaker 3: Now nobody was near me, nobody had rushed up and you know, try to do that. It was It was quite incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you feel that there is some sort of spillover or crossover between ghost spirits and UFO cases. I know you're interested in both, but are they related in some way?
Speaker 4: Well, that's a very good question, George.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a question I've been asked many times and I'm going to say yes to that question. And the reason I do say yes is because of one particular case that SBI were in with a number of years ago. It was down in Devon in England, and this lady had been plagued by UFOs all over our house and in the sky and it was quite incredible, and so we went down to interview about that. And it was an old house as well, getting back to what you said at the top of the show, and you know, there's there's these old, old houses that seemed to have this history of ghosts, et cetera. So she's talking to me about various things that had been happening, and then she says she started to say something.
Speaker 4: Then she stopped.
Speaker 3: I went, no, continue, please, please continue. I need to know everything, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Were here to understand. What was she about to tell me? And she says, well, okay, I don't know if you believe me, but honestly, I saw this, mister Robinson, what did you say? She said she was reading a book in her bed, and it was just a small light on in the bedroom, and she suddenly looked down to the foot of the bed and saw a small gray being. And everybody, it also is to a show, fully knows for that three and a half four feet tall, small childlike body, pair shaped head, black spinkyleman shaped eyes, no sign of any genitalia. Standing at the right hand side of the bed. Here's the crups, Josh, here's the to answer their question, the crossover. So you've got a gray in the right hand side of the room. On the left hand side of the room was a small spirit child. She looked very similar to that American TV show Little House in the Prairie, the pin of her dress, the ringlets in her hair, and she was.
Speaker 4: Astonished to see this. So here we have, you know.
Speaker 3: A small gray being and a spirit child in the same room at the same time, who both eventually disappeared. So as far as the crossover goes, I think, to some degray maybe it's all pard parcel somehow. But that's the only kind of story that I personally dealt with that perplexed me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there are those who think that our spirit, our essence, when we die, it goes to some other place, and that other place might be a dimension, And there was a lot of interest in dimensional beings as the source of UFO cases. So maybe there is crossover. We just don't know yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing, you know, We're we many many researchers the world over, including here in Scotland, have the own ideas as to what is behind the UFO mystery. Some people believe that's exterrestos. Some people believe it's interdimensional, that the time travelers, I mean, we know more about the surface of the Moon than what we do what's under our own Earth oceans, the Mariana Trench, for instance, a massively big trench which holds these mysterious bioluminous fish, et cetera. The reason I'm coming I'm saying this is a lot of people have seen UFOs diving into and exiting out of the oceans of this planet, more so around the island of Puerto Rico.
Speaker 4: It's maybe not.
Speaker 3: Too far silly to say that maybe if they are here, then they have bases under the oceans of this planet. And that's only it's only speculation on my part, of course, But I tend to think along the lines as Jacqualie, the French physicist, who you just believe, maybe it's a dimensional things, a dimensional shift, but we still don't know. What really angers me and puzzles me is why, why, oh why are we still having these UFO abductions. What clearly is behind this? People say that it's some form of interbreeding program, like David Jacobs in a number of his books, relates to what he calls hubrids human and hybrids, and this is what they're trying to integrate. It sounds preposterous, it sounds that Hollywood, But you know a number of the sets links that maybe this is what's going on. I mean, the question I always raises, why is these small grays taking sperm and over from males and females. They've been doing it now for over fifty years, if not more, surely, surely they have enough genetic information that they don't need to keep doing this. Is it something to do with soul? People say that maybe they don't understand humanity and the soul process. Some people say that, you know, people have been taken out of their beds in through windows and they got prickly sensation, et cetera. And yet some people the more been puddy case. For instance, in Australia, she said that, you know, she claimed that she had been in touch with these beings, et cetera. So these two Australian ufour rester said, okay, let's let's see if we can check this out. So she prove them to a secluded spot. The two researchers are in the back. She's in the front of.
Speaker 4: The car, and she says, there's.
Speaker 3: Coming, there's coming now, and then she suddenly says, I'm being taken, and being taken. She hadn't moved, she was still in the car. So is it fair to say that some refo abductions may be taking what we call the esthic or the spiritual body, rather than the physical material body. But again that's speculation my part.
Speaker 2: In your country, in your neck of the woods. Fairy folk have a long history, and I don't want a branch too far away from the subjects we're discussing. But you include some cases of fairy folk in this book. I don't know if you think of them as being related to spirits or possibly related to UFO activity. But as you have noted, Jacques Valet and John Keel and some other folks have made the comparison that maybe this is the same phenomena that we now describe as aliens, that the cultural norms of centuries ago they call them something melt.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you're quite right.
Speaker 3: You know, back in the day that the troughs from Scandinavia, the electric horns from Ireland, the gin et cetera. These were all little beings people saw back in their time. Today we see the grays. Is it some form of crossover, you know, then we talk about Yes, there is a few cases of fairy folk in the book, and some people may call them elementals, and these have been seeing.
Speaker 4: The world over as well.
Speaker 3: And again it sounds crazy, it sounds preposious, you know, but you know, people literally seeing this.
Speaker 2: Share some of the stories with us, Grab an example out of the book and share what what people are reporting of seeing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'll give you a quick one that was in the book, and it happened to a friend of mine with Bill Rourke. Now Bill Rourke stays in York in England, and he's taken a number of weird photographs of things in the sky. But on this occasion he claimed that it had taken a photograph of a fairy. So when you look at the photograph, it clearly has this humanoid shaped body, it has the wings, and this was an incredible photograph. We sent it off to many scientists and professors here in the UK and the States, and we never said it was a fairy.
Speaker 4: We just says we have.
Speaker 3: Got this photograph of this strange insect. We called it an insect. Could you tell us where it could be? And even the scientists couldn't agree. Some of them said it was what we call a midg some of them said it was a bin of pid fly. And so you have all these these stories. The stories in my booky Calls are from people who claim to have seen little figures in their back garden or on the streets, even you know, wearing these these brightly colored clothes. They're only about twelve inches high if that, you know, walking along streets, et cetera, totally totally out of context with the surroundings. And they stared at them, and then certainly bank they've disappeared. And there's a wonderful book written by a British researcher called Janet Board and her husband's colin, and it's all about these these tales coming from all over the world of these little people. So it adds another bit of strangeness. There already a strange, wonderful life that I have.
Speaker 2: Let's go to a ghost story. So you write about the Sterling Castle, and I could swear I seem to remember that castle from maybe it's the story of William Wallace the movie Braveheart. But this is a place that has a long, long history. As you write, it was a wooden fort for three hundred years and then the fifteenth century they built this massive stone castle that has seen battles and deaths and kings and queens. Tell us a little bit about the history of this place, why it might be haunted.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's a very prominent castle which is in Stirlingshire in the central belt of Scotland. As you quite likely said, it was initially a wooden fort and as the years rolled by, the obviously had to strengthen that by stone etc. Has been besieged by the English. In the wars between England and Scotland over the years have been many horrific deaths. Many prisoners were held in the dungeons at Stirling Castle. But probably one of the most famous ghosts that is in Sterling Castle is what we call.
Speaker 4: The Green Lady.
Speaker 3: And it's that a lady obviously with a floury, beautiful dress, all in green green, and she's been seen many times in the castle.
Speaker 4: He could see right through her. And then this is the problem I have with goos.
Speaker 3: Some goosts are solid looking ghosts. Other ghosts are transparent. You get anniversary gosts, so you get, you know, a whole range of different things. But still a lot of people have taken photographs of this green Leddy at Sterling Castle. And also there's one particular photograph which is not of the Green Lady. It claims to show a piper, a Scotsman with the bagpipes, et cetera, with the guilt coming through coming down this alleyway in Sterling Castle. Now, when you see that photograph. It could be anything, you know, it could be what we call simy lacrum or paradoria and we get that with our society tours a lot of we get sent a lot of ghost photographs and fo photographs and clearly a lot of it's not what it appears today.
Speaker 4: But it's still in Castle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I would dudge any American I can listen to the show.
Speaker 4: If you're ever in Scotland, please go to still in Castle. The history of that is.
Speaker 3: Fantastic and you never know they may come across the Green Lady.
Speaker 1: Can you stay there?
Speaker 3: No? Unfortunately, nough, it's it's just stre for visitation only.
Speaker 2: You have some go ahead. You have some stories about a place called Chingle Hall, a haunting in Chingle Hall. What's the deal there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Again it's it's another famous building, this time down in England which has seen a lot of paranormal occurrences. And one with my best friends Darren Ritson. He said, Malcolm, could I just share some of the investigations that we've done at Chingle Hall, And so we included that in the book. And some of these these cases were of a big, massive, big wooden door and it was opening and closing of its own accord. They recorded to up steps. They corded kind of sounds on what they call a AVP machine or these voices, et cetera. So they picked up quite a substantial amount of paranormal happenings in Chingle Hall, and we felt that that had to be related in the book. But I mean, one of Scotland's biggest cases, George, is the Socky culter geist. I don't know if you've heard about this yourself. Well, very briefly, I concerned that an eleven year old girl called Virginia Campbell and she was living with her family in the little place called Moville in County Donegall in Ireland, and back in nineteen sixty they decided to go to Scotland to live, you know, upsticks live. She didn't want to go, she was leaving her school friends and her little dog Toby behind. But the long story short, they moved to Scotland and within a few weeks November nineteen sixty, within a few weeks, strange thing started to transpire. She was in a single bed and our cousin was in another single bed in the room, and they could start They started to hear footsteps walking along the linoleum floor, and also scratching sounds and knocking sounds. So at this they jumped up started running down the stairs. And as these ran down the stairs, it was like the sound of this big medicine ball some some something down behind them. And they rushed into the living room and said to the parents, you know, strange things are happening in their room.
Speaker 4: Of course, the parents.
Speaker 3: Refused to believe them, thought it was child disimagination, maybe they were dooming. So they took them back upstairs.
Speaker 4: And what did they find. They found the very same.
Speaker 3: They could hear footsteps and knocking noises. They got so bad, George, that they had to bring in the local vicar, local church minister, and he too observed and saw strange things in that house, for instance, the rippling of Virginia's bed covers, as if you had thrown a stone into a quiet mill pond, you've got all these concentric ripples rippling out. Then there was an adopt a doctor this bit, and doctor Logan attended the family home and he saw a large linen chest which was against the wall, scream out, screech out along the linoleum floor, and the top of it opened up and it was flapping up and down, as if invisible hands were moving it. Things got so bad that they thought they couldn't get any worse.
Speaker 4: They did when she went to school.
Speaker 3: So if you can imagine if back in nineteen sixty, the school teacher has got she's given an essay for all the children to do, and their heads are bent over their essay. They're busy writing away apart from one little girl, Virginia. She had her foe arms on her desk lid, and the teacher screams up the classroom, Virginia, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Solve that?
Speaker 3: And as soon as Virginia lifted her arms off the desk lid, the desk lid was moving up and down, and at that point, an empty desk sitting next to Virginia rosa several inches off the floor and fell down. On another occasion, when Virginia was approaching the teacher's desk with her with her ressae, she laid her tessay down on the desk. And back in nineteen sixty, it was a big what we call a cane, which the teachers pointed to the blackboard.
Speaker 4: It was lying flat.
Speaker 3: It started to vibrate of its owner cord and stood up vertically and banged on the desk. And at that point the teacher's desk grows up a few inches off the floor and turned round ninety degrees. Whereas their stomach was in the large part of the desk, it was now in the narrow part.
Speaker 4: Of the desk.
Speaker 3: I could go you want, It's such a massive case.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more