Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Bustle with the Boys. Before we get going, I want to give a quick shout out to Tighten you for allowing the boys to set up in a hotel room. We're about to interview several of the guys, but shout out Greg Kittle, Greg Olsen. Did I say Greg Kittle, George Kittle, Greg Olsen, and Travis Kelsey. I'm sure Travis and Greg had no clue we were doing this, but shout out the boys for allowing us to do this. And before we get going into this episode with George Kittle and Josh Allen, take two seconds of your time, boys, scroll subscribe to our YouTube channel, comment like do all the fun things? Enjoy this episode of Bustle with the Boys. Welcome to the club. Welcome to the bust with the Boys. I'm your host Will Compton, co host Say Lawan. He's missing unincredible opportunity. He's in Canada right now training for a month. George is the co host. Yes, we will also talk to George about George Kittle stuff. But we got lucky and now we are joined by Josh Allen. We're back of the Buffalo Bills. Let's give a roundable pause and high energy for all the always on the bus today. This episode is brought to you by the most durable, reliable vehicle on the planet, to Chevy Solado. It is as strong, advanced, dependable as the people who drive them. You the Chevy Silverado, and is modern. It advance with a ton of grit. You boys know about grit, a partner and getting things done, especially when it comes to the heart and soul of a pickup truck.
Speaker 2: The bed.
Speaker 1: With the Silverado, you get the most functional bed of any competitor, best in class, standard cargo volume. The innergate folds down to a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed, so you guys don't have to lean over into the bed anymore. You can now step and get into the tailgates.
Speaker 2: So you know a lot about beds.
Speaker 1: I know a lot about beds, and I know a lot about the Chevy Silverado bed. It is strong, advanced, dependable, hard working. Go pick you one up. Let him know the boy sends you. I'm sure they'll throw in a free trailer hitch when you go. Say that the boy sends you. We prefer Freeland Chevy right here in Nashville but go pick one up. Get one for your dad, get one for yourself, get one for whoever Fourth of July is coming. Nothing is more American than a Chevy Solverado boom. Dude, welcome.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're all over here, George.
Speaker 1: You obviously you're a friend of the show. You're one of the boys and er once.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, this is this my seedter tailor shit, I don't even know at this point.
Speaker 1: Is your seat right now?
Speaker 2: The moment you look to you fits in this unless he's he's a big cat. I know this is a nice Yeah, yeah, you look good in it.
Speaker 1: I feel great, how dude, Welcome to the bus man, Josh, what a pleasant surprise. I was literally watching you on the TV, like, what was it a week or two ago, losing Yeah, and the golf match.
Speaker 3: We weren't losing all that much. Most of the time we were winning.
Speaker 1: It seemed like you were taking a lot of accountability for that loss, for sure, because I watched the beginning and then it's kind of like, you know, it's golf, so you kind of just start flipping through different channels. But I saw on Twitter you were taking a lot of like accountability for that loss. You feel like it was on you.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm one, there's a there's a couple of thousand people there watch you play golf, watch you play golf. Was nervous, greens Like, I'm putting ball down on the tee and it's like it's falling in and I.
Speaker 2: Just you're little nervous. Were you nervous?
Speaker 3: Like the whole time gets falling and I hit a dude in the head and at that point I'm like, I'm my my swing was lost.
Speaker 2: I was. I was trying to play a cut.
Speaker 3: Every time I try to play a cut, it which I just hit a you know, the dreadedd old straight ball, and then every time I try to hit a straight ball and play the cut. So, uh yeah, it was. It was a good time though.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what was it one of the ball tracker on it. I was I was on a plane, so I didn't even see it.
Speaker 3: That's a good shot. To me, that's a really good shot. I wouldn't say that I had like a like that terrible shot all day. There are some bad ones, but nothing like no dribblers, no complete shanks.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say if you had.
Speaker 1: The rate each guy Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, you and Mahomes. So how are you guys ranking you guys as far as like or you guys is golf skill?
Speaker 2: I say, Aaron pat myself.
Speaker 1: Oh Tom, was that bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know what you're gonna put yourself for. But a camera a lot of them. Wait, Will gets two cameras on him.
Speaker 1: That one shows Okay, jealous man.
Speaker 2: I love that you have a Michigan Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we went on that Bust and Spring tour. So here's what I want to do next year. I'm glad that you're here.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I need to obviously as a new father, we had our child like during the Bust and Spring tour, so we can only do like three visits. Went to our alma maters in Tennessee because it was like a quick drive. But next year, what I want to do is go to five to seven schools. But at each school you bring one of the boys. Yeah, so we go to Iowa. Me okay, cool, we pay you, don't worry, I'll, i'll, I'll we pay you compensate you and you're part of like you know, the Bust and Spring football tour at Iowa I'm George Kittle in uh Wyoming. Yeah, Wyoming, Okay, we could.
Speaker 2: It's a fun town. Not much up there.
Speaker 1: But if we went to Wyoming, would you join the boys? Absolutely? It's in the springtime, it's during like springball. Do you go back for the spring games?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't been back since since I got drafted down.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's a fun time out there. If you're not going back.
Speaker 2: It is a fun time. It is a fun time.
Speaker 1: What's the best thing to do in Wyoming? Drink? But are we just talking like a local watering hole?
Speaker 3: There's there's a couple in our hometown. Are not our hometown, but in Laramie. I feel like I grew up there.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the buck, the buck corno. That's the spot everybody ends up at the end of the night.
Speaker 1: Buck corn.
Speaker 3: You get buck nasty there. It's it's gritty and Laramie's a lot of grit. I'll tell you that you got Roxies. Everybody starts at rox'es and kind of goes the Bucky Mingles, the Mulligans. There's about five five good ones. But again it's so small, like every time you went out, like you saw the same exact people every time, every single time.
Speaker 1: Well, you call it your hometown like it's things like that. Yeah, how many people are in is Laramy?
Speaker 2: Laramie?
Speaker 3: Probably twenty seven twenty thousand people, but half of them are students.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a good vibe, though, I mean it sounds like a es It's hard to be like a small town vibe.
Speaker 2: It is, you know what I mean. I mean, you'll look.
Speaker 1: At you because I'm trying to lean on you. You're you're my co host.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right. I mean, like you have a lot of fun those small times, especially when you find a couple, like you said, watering holes that are enjoyable. You know, the bartender, maybe get a free drink, you win the football game, and I l it's legal now, but hey.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. You know, might as well take advantage of that stuff as long as you're twenty one, right Josh, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: And that thing two, it's probably key to have a girlfriend or a relationship in that kind of vibe because if you're trying to be out there mingling, it could be a tougher because you're not in a bigger city.
Speaker 2: Could be tough to be a mingler and uh not a lot of people are around say yeah yeah, word gets around quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you got your girl, it doesn't matter. You're just trying to get fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean that's kind of my my thoult on is.
Speaker 2: That we did in Nebraska. You know, Yeah, what is the life going out in Nebraska? What's it like going out in Nebraska?
Speaker 1: Man? I had a great time because to me, I grew up in Bonterre, which is like a small four thousand. This closest city to us is like a little over an hour away, Saint Louis. So going to Nebraska felt like a bigger city than me. But everybody else from all these other big states like Texas, Cali, they all trashed it. Probably similar to Ames or do you think Lincoln's bigger than Aames like Ames?
Speaker 2: Or Iowa City?
Speaker 1: Wherever?
Speaker 2: I was so disrespectful and you do that on names? It's Iowa state. That's my fault. That's probably the other two.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to disrespect you in this on this I know we do go back and forward, but I'm not trying to disrespect you on that one. But in Iowa City, I would assume they're kind of similar.
Speaker 2: I mean, Iowa City's like top three party school for the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: Can you bring that up? I don't believe that is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Iowa was elite of it's incredible. I don't know what it's like now, but like two thousand to twenty and fifteen, we were like top five almost the whole time. All right, so maybe we're not a city's electric. But also that's only based off of like Paula's and drinking tickets and the Iowa police officer, the university police officers are brutal. Like they go, there's like five cops in a bar at ten o'clock every night. They check id's and stuff.
Speaker 1: Really, dude, it's not just like a bouncer and you slip them like a twenty chance.
Speaker 2: You have five cops in every bar like they were buzz killers a lot. It was brutal, and you weren't able to get in. Being George Kittle, I didn't really pull that card a lot.
Speaker 1: Come on, don't be I'm thirteen.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's awd. Lincoln's like you got your College Street, you got your main street. OA Street was was what it was for us. The rail is where it got jumping the boys. We went out there, but rail it was a little dead when we went out during the spring ball, but they were on spring break that way.
Speaker 2: See, that's super tough. I was just back there for I was back there for back to back weddings and the first time it was graduation. So that was an absolute riot, just moms and dads.
Speaker 1: Did you get after it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Me, I had a great time. I loved Yeah, Me and me and Bethard at a great time. We had all the ile football guys back. And then the second one was there was like the Iowa Music Fest or Arts met Festival, so you had like ten thousand people were in the city for an art festival and so that was a riot as well. I love that city puts on.
Speaker 1: Did you ever uh, like, did you know you're gonna be a first round pick going into like your senior year of Wyoming.
Speaker 3: I did, because that almost came out the year prior. Oh okay, I told my family I was gonna go out and couldn't sleep that night.
Speaker 2: My head coach called me the next morning. I declined it.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, I can't tell him I'm leaving. So at that point I was like, ship, might as well go back, go back for one more year.
Speaker 1: And then wait wait wait wait wait wait wait you you were wanting to leave? Yes early, so.
Speaker 3: I would have been presumably I would have been a first round pick the year before too, yeah probably yeah, so my too far.
Speaker 1: You guys, just I know Bloss is gonna be back there, like I'm gonna see his finger go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was weird.
Speaker 3: Came out on New Year's It was the year prior, a mock draft from I think Matt Miller, and he like projected me number two overall, and then like all of a sudden, like shit just changed overnight and like agents calling different, like just a whole bunch of shit. And I'm sure you guys have been through like people in your ear, and.
Speaker 1: I've been undrafted, but I was going through it.
Speaker 3: So I about two weeks, and you have to you have to make that decision, right, you have to make the decision whether you're going out or coming back. And I wanted to do it, but I also knew that there was some unfinished business at and there of me, I know.
Speaker 2: What like a what you wanted to go to Kinnick Stadium. I mean, you wanted to play the hotel and well we we had just wanted to do in the Mountain West Championship game in layer of me. But I ended my last.
Speaker 3: Throw of that season on an interception that would that would have killed me.
Speaker 2: That that would have killed me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure once you got drafted to overall, I'm pretty sure all those scares, but it would have killed.
Speaker 2: It would have killed me. It would eaten me a little bit once in a while. Yeah, for sure, I understand that.
Speaker 1: So you love the humility. Oh dude, sorry, it sound like you're gonna ask.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no, I just wanted to so you ignored your head coach's phone call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what I'm stuck on. You were going to leave and declare.
Speaker 3: I was going to declare that you did. My agent's like, hey, I'm I'm gonna do this. I'm going with you guys. They were pumped. And then again, I tried to sleep that night, couldn't do it. Craig Bowl calls me and I like, look at it, and I'm like, not right now, declined, and I'm sitting there. I'm like, it's just it didn't feel right.
Speaker 1: So then you couldn't tell him no.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell no.
Speaker 3: So then he's he was the only guy that offered me out of junior college, right, he was one of two guys. The other guys pulled their offer because I didn't go visit. But he was the only guy that stuck his neck out for me. Came to my family, my house in Fireball, California, in the middle of nowhere. I felt like I just I owed him the respect to come back for one more year.
Speaker 2: What a nice guy. So then so how does that work? So then when you decided like, Okay, I'm gonna come back, did you call that agent, like, hey, did you sign to the agency the next you went back?
Speaker 3: I want the same group. Cool, cool, cool. I don't think you can get in trouble now. Right in al Dale's.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, what are they gonna do.
Speaker 3: It's not like they were my agents when I was in college, but they were pulling some strings behind the scenes, setting up insurance and like I was talking with them anything I needed. Again, it wasn't like I'm they're paying me here there. I never took money from anybody, but they were there and making they were overseeing.
Speaker 2: That's of God.
Speaker 1: God. Let's be honest though, se to God, like, just be honest.
Speaker 2: Hand on Bible, swear to God. I trust this guy. I trust I trust the loyalty that we're in from him.
Speaker 1: I just got their guy pretty much forever.
Speaker 2: Loyalty was a Madden rating to be a ninety nine for this guy. Yes, oh my gosh, come on now, did you get offered that? Were their chances to take money? And you're just like, I'm not going on different agents? Yes, oh wow?
Speaker 1: How high? I mean you turn it down? So it's all good?
Speaker 2: How six figures? Good for you? Man?
Speaker 1: Good for you?
Speaker 2: I got offered like five k from some in Chicago. I'm good.
Speaker 1: I have been there. I'm like, all right, you got me man, I'm paying taxes, I'll take it. I'm with these guys over like four hundred grand, five hundred grand saying no, like that's good on you, bro.
Speaker 2: What a savage. Yeah it kind of worked out, man.
Speaker 1: It definitely worked out for sure. But it's just you get stuck because you don't you think that your head coach had he been you guys had a very successful year, and he gets offered by no disrespect to Wyoming, but a big d one program. Do you think he's leaving and do you think he's thinking about you when he's making that decision.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because I do.
Speaker 1: I will, I will.
Speaker 3: Say this coach again, he was set, he set on retiring in Wyoming, and he's signed an extension the year before.
Speaker 2: So okay, but let's just say it was no extension pathetically hypothetically hypotheticals, he gets an offer from USC, you think he's staying in Wyoming for another year because Josh Allen's coming back. But yeah, go pokes, I love it. I think we should call him ask just saying I love.
Speaker 1: That, dude, because I think that's a dilemma now in n I l are players like leveraging money to go to certain schools, and everybody uses like, who's the coach? I went from Notre Dame down to l s U. What that was one of the greatest Oh my Lincoln Riley switch schools. But coaches are like, people are kind of mad that players are doing the same thing, and it's like, hey, at the end of the day, you got to think about yourself. So I'm like going back to that instance where you're like you basically said you them all in on leaving and going to the NFL. But now I feel really bad that my coach called me. Doesn't feel right. I can't do it. Fucking I'm staying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good guy, Josh.
Speaker 1: That is a good guy. That's a good guy. That's a good guy move.
Speaker 2: It's a great guy move. Someon would say, what do you guys got did we break the boss?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This boss actually move.
Speaker 1: When you tell it, You tell it, when you tell it.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know anything down in her ear?
Speaker 1: No, they kind of strip it and then you'll pack stuff and then gotcha, uh Sam, I will come in, put it on the back and then we'll trip it wherever. Like Rich Eison won't come on unless there's an engine in the bush. I think is childish.
Speaker 2: You know what that is? Rich? You know what that is?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Rich? That's just your Michigan blood talking man, Like you're too good for the grittiness of football. You're too good for the grittiness of the buss. There you go, you know, just stay in your nice at the recording studio and wherever it is, just you know, run your forty in your little track suit that's stretching now and it's comfortable. What's comfortable? You know, don't don't sweat a little bit. Don't get out of bed, you know, you know, at five pm and join the boys in the bus, just you know, because you might feel a little bad. No, you know, just do you rich. It's okay. I thought you were better than that.
Speaker 3: So there's what the real engine is though in this bus.
Speaker 1: This guy, this guy, let's go guy. I don't know why I got that couple him in, but I'm fine over there. Before we get out of the college stuff, I do want to ask about the email that you sent to everybody through coming out of high school and coming out of JUCO. Talk about that email you got that thing with viral.
Speaker 2: It was copying paste.
Speaker 3: Its Hey, I'm Josh Allen, six foot five, two twenty like I'd be a great fit for your program. Here's my huddle, these are my stats, blah blah blah, and I literally just top word toppy paste send into every single coach that I could. I could find emails too when I sent them.
Speaker 2: So where'd you grow up? Like? Where'd you play high school? At?
Speaker 3: I played in a small town called Fireball High School, like fire Balls where.
Speaker 2: I'm from in Wyoming. Fireball a great ball. Yeah, what a great name.
Speaker 1: And you weren't recruited out of high school.
Speaker 3: I had zero offers at high school. I had no preferred walk ons at of high school, no preferred walk ons at all.
Speaker 2: A couple of D three's.
Speaker 3: Were trying to give me an academic scholarship so I can go play there.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go play? Juco Atley Reridley College out of California?
Speaker 1: Now, were you just not very good in high school? Why don't you think you were getting a lot of pope because you're in California.
Speaker 3: I mean you could say, Pat, you were slinging it, slinging that thing. Yeah, yeah, No, I felt like I was good enough to play. That's obviously why I tried to continue and went the junior college route. But again, I didn't want to make my parents pay for me to go play somewhere, so I wanted to go junior college, get get a scholarship, and kind of pay back my family for doing that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was you're a fucking good guy. Process. Wow, did you not go to any like camps in the offseason like any national camps. Never to try and get everything out. You just played high school ball and may went out and the emails. Yeah, but I played football. I played basketball and baseball, so it was a three sport guys. So I didn't have the summers where I can just go to the quarterback carousel and go to all the all the different camps and stuff. And I know plenty of guys that did that that didn't pan out, didn't work at all.
Speaker 3: If we can get burnt out, you know, like they continue the thing. Yeah, that's absolutely real. So and I got the chance to play different sports and feel different emotions and learn different types of characters and how to deal with all that stuff. So I think that's I think it's something a lot of kids need to continue to do, is play more sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah athletes at the age of like eight years old. Yeah, play every sport, dude, every sport. Play soccer, played basketball.
Speaker 3: I did gymnastics for a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep that to yourself. Yeah, I was just kidding.
Speaker 2: That's not balanced. That was like three weeks ago too, don't all.
Speaker 1: The dog I need those photos, if that's true, I need a photo.
Speaker 2: You do yeah, absolutely, we'll find it. I'm just kidding the.
Speaker 1: Igure him and I'm literally thinking of him and the leotard right now.
Speaker 2: Bro George Helfelt, Uh well, you said you want to get out of the college once, you wanted to move him to something else.
Speaker 1: No the uh yeah, I was going to talk about those the kids who specialize in one sport like their parents just oh for sure all year round.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, it's brutal. I have I have. I've uh stoops kids, uh Drake and Isaac their twins, bob Stoops My our dad's played together. So like I've known them since they're like four years old, and like they went on like the football only train for like one summer and then they both almost got burnt out by it. And I was like, you guys, just go play basketball, Go play soccer, like, go play baseball, play everything like might as well, like you get good at everything, Like every sport teaches just something that you can ultimately use later in life, Like if you just do one thing, like if I was going to the same football facility since I was eight years old, Like summers.
Speaker 1: In your training is all revolving around football, dude, I could be burnt out ball all year around as a kid, Like, we played six games a season when I was in use football. Six. Yeah, you practiced twice a week. So it happens for like two months and it's over, he said, soft, look look at me now, though. How much did you play were you in pop Warner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we had six games. My first year was a five game season, then it was a six game season. Then Yeah, seventh and eighth grade were those six games.
Speaker 1: So when you're before middle school, seventh grade.
Speaker 2: Eighth grade was my first year of time.
Speaker 1: How often are you guys practicing?
Speaker 2: I think I think we did three. I think we did three days a week. Actually, you know what I think back on Yeah, no, you don't really practice a lot back.
Speaker 1: Really don't you talk to your competition about how long your practices are, Like, Yo, we're practicing for two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: We're going we're getting better. No, dude, I think because we had my dad, Like the first time I was on the bus, he came on, he talked about because he was my coach back then, and he, uh, we'd start and end every practice with off the line drills, dude, wid and like our quarterbacks would do it. Wide receivers would do it. It was crazy. Josh, everybody's blocking you dad. I don't know if I've met your dad. I don't know if you have. He's a big ball guy. He's fun to talk to.
Speaker 1: Get some time. Is he gonna be a tight end you? Bruce great time you pulled Bruce aside and you talk to Bruce.
Speaker 2: The orchestrator behind that in you, he's a big part of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bruce's sid he really is.
Speaker 2: You're gonna enjoy him. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: In college, even in JUCO you only had two offers. You said one got pooled. So even when you're going to JUCO and slinging it, probably you're thinking you're really talented and can play at the college level. Why don't you think you were getting offers coming out of JUCO? No clue check tape.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know because I think if you were to watch the statement, like all right, this guy's pretty good, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got it six five bro.
Speaker 3: I I there was after one of the games Marcet Junior College threw for seven touchdowns. I threw a touchdown like last second to win the game. And my coach comes up to me. He's like, these officers are gonna start fucking rolling in just wait, and they never did.
Speaker 1: Now are you Are your coaches trying to be proactive in getting your name out there?
Speaker 2: See that?
Speaker 3: Or do you feel like that junior college You don't. You don't don't really know beyond the scenes, because obviously they want to if you're a good player, they want you there for two years.
Speaker 2: Too, you know, they want to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's part of the dilemma where some guys were hearing different things about some coaches telling other college recruiters like he's not ready yet, He's he's gonna come here for one more year. So you don't really know all that much that happens behind the scenes unless you're talking to the uh, you know, the recruiters face to face.
Speaker 2: Which you don't do that often. No, no, you don't do that. Yeah. So it worked.
Speaker 1: Out, works in your own hands and just email and everybody. I think that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Though, that's awesome that I would Uh, I would.
Speaker 1: Email like the Rivals camp people try and get my star rating up. I love that it worked though, because I became.
Speaker 2: A four star rival Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally I put in the subject like future four star, it's your four star? How conceited? Like just how arrogant? What did you get up to four stars? Oh? I was an athlete a half star? Now do you guys take pride in that? Like? Do you guys take a lot of Like stars don't matter.
Speaker 2: You don't even know if I had any stars. Yeah, I mean I think the older I did one like National Underclassman Combat and that's the only reason I got two and a half stars. That's all I ever did.
Speaker 1: You were like a small, undersized cat, though, weren't you?
Speaker 2: That was one hundred and eighty pounds. I was like six, I was six to one hundred and eighty pounds.
Speaker 1: I grew.
Speaker 2: I grew two inches in college.
Speaker 1: Was looking at your old photos?
Speaker 2: Needed it?
Speaker 1: Your old photos are fun to look at.
Speaker 2: I'm a skinny, scrawny, little white kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I drink so much protein, so many protein shakes, and I couldn't put a pound on the same.
Speaker 1: Hear butter sandwiches probably my dad.
Speaker 2: Was big on that and glass of whole milk mmmm, incredible.
Speaker 1: Just couldn't gain the weight though, putn't nothing.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's crazy. I couldn't even I wasn't even strong until like my thirty year of college and all of a sudden everything just clicked for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh josh, And then everything turns up. You're a fucking stud in the NFL. You get drafted. What's that like being a good old boy from Wyoming coming out of California, Like you're just you seeing your character seems ninety nine off the charts. Now you're thrust it in. You're becoming a first round pick.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, it was nuts.
Speaker 3: But on the on the other side, like I always knew that's what I wanted to do. Like I in our room when I grew up, I had like this mural of NFL guy running out of the tunnel like and every night I saw that every night, just ingrained in my mind and walking across the stage shaking Goodell's hand and holding the jersey up like that was the moment for me.
Speaker 2: It was like, this is everything that I've ever wanted in my entire life is like that's right here, right. That was pretty cool. Was a good moment. What was it like being at the draft night? Was that? Where was it? It was in Dallas?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, and no, it was it was a hectic time. There's a lot of ship that came out and just some crazy stuff. But what shit came out, Let's not get into that.
Speaker 1: If it's out there, it's already publish. It is.
Speaker 3: But no, there were some old tweets that, you know, me and my buddies would go on each other. It wasn't anything again, I don't think it was anything terribly bad, but a couple of things. There's a couple of things that a couple of emails and it blew up on Twitter, and I just thought my life was humbling in front of me. And I mean I probably lost ten pounds that day from crying and throwing up and just oh that's brutal.
Speaker 2: I fit in.
Speaker 3: My touch's pretty good though. You look good.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but that that moment right there was like again, like I said, that's the only thing I've ever wanted in my life to play quarterback in the NFL. And that was like the moment it happened. So that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Did Why am I not tell you guys like to delete your tweets and stuff like that, like once once you're at Iowa. Once here at Iowa. Anthing like no.
Speaker 3: I went through it and went through and I was like, I don't think any of this is bad, and like fine, but.
Speaker 2: We weren't allowed to have Twitter at Iowa, so like I tweeted a ton in high school, Yeah, weren't allowed to have it. I tweeted a ton in high school. Like and then like my senior year, we went through like a meeting and like they pulled up all these players old tweets and like some of them were like really bad, and I was like I should go back and see what my Twitter looks like. And I scrolled for a while and I was like, delete account. Yeah, the whole account I got. I got a brand new accounty right after I got drafted. When you're young, esecially, when Twitter's brand new.
Speaker 3: Like Twitter's band, you know, don't expect that come back. Like I had Buddy's stealing my phone and would tweet something and I wouldn't see it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever hacked on your boy's face? You're just putting I'm gay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 3: Literally was some of the tweets that were on my Twitter.
Speaker 2: I've never done that, you know.
Speaker 1: I was like, uh, I just remember one of my boys. It was like logan Janis and you put like logan Janis is gay, I'm coming out today. Boys, you just say stuff like that that you can't say that. Yeah, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: No, but that's funny.
Speaker 1: That is funny. And you didn't get to have it in Iowa.
Speaker 2: At Iowa, Oh no, you could have a Twitter, but if you tweeted like, you'd go straight to the head coach's office and you would be done.
Speaker 1: Bo was like that at times. We had a buddy who tweeted out like jay Z lyrics like Lamborghini Mercy your chick. She's she's so thirsty in that two Sea Lambeau with your girl. She's trying to jerk me. And Bo had called me in early in the morning being like the captain. He's like, hey, you want to Twitter? Like what the fuck is this? You know?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Guys just kind of put my head down. I was like their song lyrics and he's like, nobody knows he's her fucking song ric except.
Speaker 2: For everybody in coming right right right right for everybody.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about when I say there's no good that can come from Twitter. Even if it's good, at some point you're gonna get bit in the ass. But he was so mad ripped the kid after practice. His name's Toby. Shout out Big Tobes forty eight. He Big Tobes forty eight on Twitter. But yeah, but there was a there's a lot of like Twitter dilemma that went on. I do want to ask, are you big into like uh, like law of attraction mental visualization because you talk about seeing yourself walk out on stage hole in the jersey. Obviously, like coming out of high school, you're emailing all these coaches. Going into Juco, you're still gotting. You're still not getting a lot of love emailing all these coaches. So there's probably like a lot of either anxiety or doubt. That's like, man, dude, people are then not seeing what I'm seeing on film, Like how are you kind of dealing with all of those kind of adversities in your own story?
Speaker 2: Like these are tough questions. Man, We'll we'll hear to what he does. That's that's why Will is always here and Tyler goes, I mean Taylor, Tyler Taylor goes on vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I would say, like I feel like it gets to know the person, like those those dudes. When you're talking about like sitting up late at night, like stuff you think about, like how are you pivoting the next day, You're like, all right, the the sun's gonna rise the next day. I'm gonna get out of bed here. So I'm gonna handle this and I'm just gonna keep like pushing forward.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fish guy, so fuck it. Shit happens, and like you've got to continue to move on. And that's like always been kind of in my my mom and my dad. My dad grew up and he has all these quotes like I bloom when you're planning. Don't get better, get better, Like I can go on and on with.
Speaker 2: You get better. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: That's one, you know, so to kind of understand that and just know like life's hard, Like it's hard, you know, and you gotta find a way like at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Like and I'm not big on.
Speaker 3: Like the mental game and what are you meditation and all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff like putting too much pressure on yourself.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm a freaking I grew up on a farm in the middle California, like just fucking figure.
Speaker 2: It out, Like just go play ball.
Speaker 3: My dad would wake up before the sun would come up, come home after sunset, and understand that God can't You can't control the rain. That's that's up to weather and God and how he wants to bless you that way. So you have to roll with the punches and adapt and try to find a way to get it done.
Speaker 1: So that fires me up. Did you ever have like self doubt, like one stuff wasn't coming your way? Never love that?
Speaker 2: Wow, what do you got, Georgia up? Oh no, no, it's fun. Like so you said, your dad like has all these quotes and stuff like, so he just like shared those with you all the time because my dad's all the time, dude, My dad's big time bro. My dad has all these awesome quotes and stuff, and like he laminates cards for me, and he like he'll just like and I'll just get a I'll be in my locker room at forty nine ers, I'll get a letter for my dad, Like, oh sick, that's cool. Open up. It's just like a stack of cards like that are all laminated. They have like cool quotes on uh small constid steps in the right directs and lead your great leader great results. Like just stuff like that and that's just fun. And he like, he'll send me, but he'll send me like a hundred of them. So then I just put him in everyone's walker whenever I get a stack of them.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's such a blast. And like when you have a dad that's like helping me out and pushing me forward like that. It's a last especially like your dad you said, he leaves before sunrise, gets home sunset, and you know he's working all day, Like we play a kids game. I can work all day too, dog, exactly.
Speaker 1: Like everybody's dealing with their own ship, like the stuff with football, like people are dealing with like that's our real ship. But people are dealing with their real shit. That seems way more when you have perspective. It's like, Yo, what the fuck am I bitching about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You get you get a lot of those perspective checks and our lotte of business. Yeah, whether it's you know, unfortunate circumstances of kids that are terminal coming to practice and sitting there and talking with them and their families and.
Speaker 1: Just holy shit, like fuck.
Speaker 3: And I love like, oh, Shy children's hospitals, a children's hospitalup in Buffalo, and I work closely with them and it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love I love.
Speaker 3: The hospital visits, but it is tough, dude, Like it's it's really tough.
Speaker 2: Heavy. Yeah, there's people out there like dang, like Mike Keel is a sore. There's kids in the children's hospital that like are either terminal or they're been in a hospital for ten years of their childhood. It's just like fuck. Like I was on a phone. I do a ton of work with the IOUA chillin's hospital. It's like my favorite thing, you know, the wave. It's awesome. But I just talked to a girl who I've met her. I met her like three times when I was at Iowa, and then I had a zoom with her and like she's beating cancer like three times, just an absolute savage, and like she's she's going to just she has thyroid cancer right now, but she it's a quick surgery and then she's like I'll be good to go. And she just like tell me like, yeah, you used to eat pizza when I was getting chemo, cause I just thought, you know, it could be worse. I'm alive and I'm breathing right now. And I was like, you're a savage, Like You're the coolest person I've ever talked to my entire life. You were awesome, Sarah.
Speaker 1: And anytime you think of a complaint, I'm like.
Speaker 2: I'm fine. What do you want me to do today? Like, let's go, let's go, man, I'm here, I woke up to day. Let's have some fun, no doubt, dude. Oh I love that you guys do a ton of like charity stuff up in Buffalo. I mean, obviously do it, and then real quick shout out Bill's Mafia, like we did the Tiden you thing, bridge Stone, Hey, we're raising money. Bridgetone will donate fifty thousand dollars to the local Boys and Girls Club of the team like so whatever, team so Like George Kittle wins San Francisco Boys and Girls Club gets five fifty thousand dollars. Well, Bill's Mafia showed up. Dawson Knox got over fifty k. Yeah, and Satan.
Speaker 3: Bill's Mafia's on the list Between him and oj though it was just oh, I no.
Speaker 2: It lew everybody out of the water. Who everybody else out of the water? Next Thos guy was Chigg Who's Nashville the Titans rookie Tight and he's got like thirty eight shout out in Nashville. Well, the next closest after that's like four k. I think I'm at like three. Like I was, like Geez, Louise Bill's Mafia go off. So like it's awesome, Like what a great place and a team to be a part of. Like how fun is that when we have fans like that.
Speaker 3: The fans are great, that's kind of what makes the city so great. Yeah, but when you look at the makeup of our team and the guys what they do in the community.
Speaker 2: You've got Stefan Diggs just had.
Speaker 3: His first camp in Maryland, Jordan Poyer, mikeah Hi does his charity softball game. You know, Harrison Phillips, he's not with us anymore, he's now with the Vikings, but he he did a lot in the community. Obviously I do a lot with community. Dawson and the list goes on. There's so many different guys, Like we had Eleon Kup one of our d linemen, and out like five thousand bikes to some of the kids.
Speaker 2: It was it's just so.
Speaker 3: Awesome, and you know, it's it's not every day where you can have a group of guys like that, and I think our front office does such a good good job of finding the guys with yeah high character, love football. So yeah, it's it's really cool. And Bill's Mafia they support and everything.
Speaker 1: Like Bill's Mafia is insane. Bro. What is it like lanning the plane you guys, whether it's win the division, win a playoff game and everyone is just stacked out there at the airport it's.
Speaker 2: In negative degree weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Manlock lately three o'clock in the morning, I like I get the chills thinking about it because a the time, like you're going through and I'm pretty sure I ran over a few people's feet last year, Like I mean like they're like on top of the car, smacking the cars, shaking it. Yeah, and uh yeah, it's it's pretty special.
Speaker 2: It's a question for you. So this is one thing that gets me going just a little bit. So like when in Buffalo, do you like notice like when it gets closer to gamings like Thursday Friday sour, Like, is there like a buzz that like fills the whole city? Yeah, so like I will know it is. I'm just saying like because like that's a big deal for me. Like Santa Clair, like like we'll have fans and stuff outside the games and stuff like when you'd leave practice and stuff like that. But like it's not like we're in San Francisco. For sure, there's a buzz in the city of San Francisco, but like it's a little different where we live, Like we're in the hardest Silicon Valley. Like a lot of people don't really care about the night, Like they don't care about football. They don't a lot of people don't even know what it is out.
Speaker 1: There, football versus Nebraska. I'm sure that week feels like.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, like yeah, going into like or like going into a big game night game. Yeah, starting Wednesday, Like you just see Iowa football jerseys up and down the streets and everyone's just drinking in the streets ready to roll. And then you roll into like when you pull into the stadium like Saturday afternoon, thousand, I mean, like everybody's there. There's more people outside than our inside. It's just and I don't know that's why I think football should be, but like that's why imagine Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Is right kind of like Buffalo is like a like a like a Texas high school football Like the most popular Texas high school football team where everyone time like everything's closed right now. Everything is closed today because we're all going to the game.
Speaker 3: After games, like guys won't go eating.
Speaker 2: There's nothing. There's nothing open because football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Sundays are our bills for the Bills. It's it's for the Bills. That's awesome with the Bills. Playoff Billy.
Speaker 2: Was great.
Speaker 1: Playoff Billy with the Bills the Bills, like you can have that. When I was in my own world, what oh dude, secure in the bag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's give a round him a.
Speaker 1: Pullouse when Joshon hear the bag? Last year was last year? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Last year? How was that? Bro? Everything you go through and then you get to you get to everybody wants their big second contract extension. George as well. We you know, we gave him a big round of applause when it happened when.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 1: But it's all right, Yeah, I mean it wasn't two hundred and fifty eight billion dollars for six years. But uh, what was that like, bro? When you got to sign that and it was actually coming to life. It was a.
Speaker 3: Long process of dealing with my agents are saying one thing, front office saying this thing I'm talking. I'm talking to our GM like what's what's what's going on here? Like why are we so off?
Speaker 1: So he's your agent trying to coach you up in school, you on how to a little bit.
Speaker 3: But I think my agent's trusted me enough where I can go in there and talk with being and shoot him straight and being one of the best, if not the best, gem in the league. He's he's awesome the way he can relate to guys. He does a great job. And he'll just he FaceTime. He's in Scotland right now. He faced time me an hour and a half ago. Was just like having a good time playing some golf and you know so, But for this tick under fruition, Like obously, there's so many different things and different people that helped me get to get to the spot that I was at. But it still doesn't feel real to be honest, Like you look in your account, you're like crazy, that's nice, but I just have I have such a hard time like buying things.
Speaker 1: What's your get splurge, what's been your biggest pleasure?
Speaker 3: Like I'm building a house right now in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: House is cool. Everybody's gonna build a house. What's something that a lot?
Speaker 3: It's I'm putting a so this my selfishness is I'm putting a par three over a pond.
Speaker 2: I'm doing like a huge green water on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not losing the match again, You're fucking bred the golf course.
Speaker 2: I'll be locked in.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things I I really haven't splurge. I did take my family and my girlfriend's family to a vacation in Mexico this last off season, which was really cool. My grandparents were able to make it, so it was very fulfilled.
Speaker 1: Where did you go out here? Cobo's the best place Puerto Vierta.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've never been.
Speaker 3: It's this place is awesome. Type in Liatroza, l a is badass. I was sitting down watching the basketball games and American Express commercial comes on and this place was in the commercial.
Speaker 1: It's bad ass.
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 1: Is this is this a like a resort?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's like a yeah. Type in Latrosa.
Speaker 1: Law struggles are with him.
Speaker 2: T r o z a butch is a smell that mustache like discombobulates his brain. A yeah, that's right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It seems like you're making it about your decent? Is that your was that what you said? Yeah? I was on the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got the it's got these two casinos, it's got a guest house and then a beach house.
Speaker 2: It was like it was just the will you take us next? Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually where we throw quarterback university q Q.
Speaker 1: You guys do a QBU.
Speaker 2: It's very select soon. I'm just kidding. Yeah, no, at some point maybe, who knows.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys are joking on is there a QBU that?
Speaker 2: No, that would be a boogie experience though, I'm sure well yeah, oh my.
Speaker 1: Goodness, busy trying to get quarterbacks to the NFL p A meetings.
Speaker 2: Some I would say, I won't say no, unlikely you don't like the NFL p A. Whoa, he didn't see?
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, I know, come on.
Speaker 2: We're on the same team here.
Speaker 1: No question, no question. We're all for the boys, well for the boys football.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that. You just want to stick to sports.
Speaker 2: But is fun?
Speaker 1: Would you want to put on a QBU? Did a lot of work?
Speaker 2: Uh, you have to have the right team in place, but yeah, it's the work. But I will say like we're gonna have a really fun time though. Yeah, it's a it's a blast. We have eighty five tight ends here, maybe eighty six. Yeah, dude, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. And you guys, like I know you personally, but it seems like and I don't know about Travis. It seems like Greg is somebody who's like a very hard worker about stuff and oh yeah, well it's trapped the same way. Like you guys got a group of guys who are very determined to put something on.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and we also we wanted to be good too, Like I wanted to be a top notch event where guys want to come back to it or they actually learned something from it, They learn from learn something from it, they enjoy it day. Like like my ultimate goal of the whole thing is like I have eighty five guys here, right, and you know, hopefully everyone's on a team. You never know, but like at one point, like every every game that you play, you'll know the tight ends on the other team. We've tight ends from every single team.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, are you serious? You gotta be patient with my man, No, it's te university. Did we know your guests before you like, come on Jack, Oh, look at here he goes.
Speaker 2: He is probably an underscore in between te and university.
Speaker 1: Oh see, now you're giving some bad Uh.
Speaker 2: Here it is he's right there. Oh yep, this guy spells. There we go. Where'd you go to college?
Speaker 1: He went to community college?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Oh yeah, well that explains a lot. Look at look at dad, Greg Olsen in that top right.
Speaker 1: Dud I know. And then we get to interview him on Wednesday, and I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a riot. Yeah. He also he has a free podcast, so like, don't get out podcasted.
Speaker 1: He's building a little media empire, him and Vince Vaughan. He knows what he's doing. He knows what he's doing. I'll tell you what Greg. The boys are up next February. Oh contract trying to get that uh Josh Allen money. That'd be cool, that would be really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what how much did they pay Tony Romo to the announced games? A lot? Tom's gonna they pay him?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 2: You got Tom?
Speaker 1: Congrats you Tom, You earned it man.
Speaker 2: Be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just keep beating you bro, winning Tom. You need that money. You and Tom got beef, fun beef Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is kind of surreal though, like to be sitting there and also get a notification Tom Tom Brady talking on you, Yeah the match, Like, and I grew up. I grew up you know, huge fan.
Speaker 2: It was mine. How are you not? How are you not? A fan of Tom.
Speaker 3: Brady jerseys and Patriots fans still post the jersey that I have.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've seen that. I see it every time you play each other, whenever you play the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Was Tom your favorite growing up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Him, Brett was up there, Aaron was up there, so.
Speaker 1: No paidon Manning.
Speaker 2: I do like Peyton. I've grown to appreciate his game even more now. So who's your favorite when you're a kid.
Speaker 1: It was probably because there was always that argument, like are you It was always Tom versus Peyton? Like who are you arguing for? Like when you're in the lunchroom arguing about the two quarterbacks? Because at that time Tom didn't you know, he doesn't have all the Super Bowls? It is I was.
Speaker 2: I was a Tom guy. I think it was crazy. So I grew up a diehard Bears fan and I was my favorite quarterback was Brett Farv growing up a Bears fan? Yeah? How could you not I was born in Madison, Wisconsin, Like I was kind of a Packers fan, but like I was a Bears fan. And but like, how do you not like Brett Farv the gunsling.
Speaker 1: Because you're a Bears fan?
Speaker 2: That's true, I know, but it's Brett Favre, Dude.
Speaker 1: I feel you. I'm just saying, like that dude just.
Speaker 2: Threw it to throw it. I didn't like.
Speaker 1: It'd be like you're saying, like a Husker is your favorite like player to watch?
Speaker 2: Yeah he's not, though, But that's I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what it's like.
Speaker 2: Some would say I disagree.
Speaker 1: That's a good analogy. If you're a Bears fan, you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Like your Okay, cool, I don't like the Packers, but Brett Farve's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm just I mean, like, so like the Niners and the Bills are technically rivals, like Richell trying to win Super Bowls? Can I not be a fan of Josh Allen? Can I not be a fan of Josh Allen?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's a bad analogy.
Speaker 2: Can I not like Bobby Wagner when he played for the Seahawks, Like he's a great football player. I respect the hell out of him, but I can't like him.
Speaker 1: I feel you on that one, Like, come on, you know what I'm fucking saying.
Speaker 2: Though not, don't get me wrong, Like, was there anything I enjoyed more than watching Brian Erleckers smoke a Green Bay Packers quarterback. No, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Brian just came on.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's funny.
Speaker 1: He was awesome, funny.
Speaker 2: He's interesting that too. He's a good too. I like them.
Speaker 1: Have to take some stuff after the pod.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait till the mics. Josh, Yes, Josh.
Speaker 1: Take us to uh last year gun slinging back and forth with Mahomes. You're losing an ot, but I want you to talk about the playoffs a little bit.
Speaker 2: You've played in a lot of huge games, dude, Yeah, fun games.
Speaker 1: What more can you do? I want to I want to hear about your your your chief stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean being in that that uh, that slinging match at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: Obviously people still come up to me and talk about, like, that's that's the game people talk about, you know.
Speaker 2: Crazy to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Is great to be on the losing end of it not so great, you know, and super fun. It doesn't make me you feel any better when someone comes up to those it was the greatest game I've ever seen. It's like, we lost, we lost it.
Speaker 1: What makes me feel worse losing the game or losing the coin toss?
Speaker 2: The coin toss?
Speaker 3: Because I was up to that point, I think I was nine and oh throughout the season and uh, in our production meeting it was jinxed and I was over to that game the.
Speaker 2: Document Wait wait wait, wait wait, yeah, come on, you can pause that. But what would they say? What was brought up that stat? You're not in? Oh yeah, you guys are terrible. Who brought it up?
Speaker 1: Who brought it up?
Speaker 2: I don't I'm not going to do. Let's find out who who CBS Sports? Who the who? They announced of this game? You don't don't have to tell us, but like, come on, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, it's football. Everyone here is a little stitshes. Everybody is right, just a little little like come on, you can't bring up that type of a stat.
Speaker 3: So I I go coin tosses that game.
Speaker 2: And oh josh, that makes it worse due the same terrible I switched it up.
Speaker 3: Heads first and then I went tails at the end and it was ably flip flopped.
Speaker 1: So when you were nine and oh, or is there there heads or tails that you're sticking with throughout this nine and oh No, I.
Speaker 3: Was going up to teammates and like heads or tails and whatever they say.
Speaker 2: There's a clip NFL posted it like half when you were like six and oh on coin flips. They posted it a video of it, and I was like, I was like you, yeah, I think I'm I'm like three and six in my career something like that. Well, like we do. We have six captains and so then it's like like it's Kyle Shanahan's assistant picks captains that day, and so like I'm not always like the guy that goes out for the coin toss just depends. We usually have Fred Warner to do it. He's got a pretty good record. He's like eight and two bad too. Yeah, he calls it aggressive, jeez, take it easy, Freddy. It's okay, don and we're.
Speaker 1: Both of those. Was that the AC Championship game. I apologize for the divisional in that that was the divisional round.
Speaker 2: Oh right, because the next one was the Bengals yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what a dumb ass.
Speaker 2: That was a wild game too. In the most exciting playoffs, the Divisional round. Every single game ended in right right, yeah, yeah, every single one.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys were you guys are what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's still I think that's my favorite game I've played him.
Speaker 1: You guys are what a drop pick away from going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's plenty of other plays that happened in that game. Go ahead, do your thing, man, dude, I'm not dude, I love my guy. That tape, Yeah, dude, it's all right. Just yeah, like I said, plenty of stuff that happened, but we're not even in that. Yeah, you can exit that. Come on, we're football players. We relive those.
Speaker 1: Hey. What an insane game though, Yeah, like for real, like, go, a guy's going back and forth. It seemed like there was a zero defense being played, but watching you guys just duel it out at the end like that, just going back and forth, like oh, there's an X amount of time. If there's no way he's gonna do it, Holy shit, he fucking did it. There's no way he's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Who is your guy that scored four touchdowns? Gabriel Davis. Baby, he's the best. Oh. I was like I was because I looked at him. I'm like, I swear to god, it's so hard for me to score a touchdown. But like two of his touchdowns he was uncovered. I was like, good for you, dude, Like and it was a great route or something like that. But I was like, damn it, good for you, dude. That was so fun to watch. You're jealous, though, what so how do I get those? You know? Oh? It's just like, who do I have to like ask? I just can you fall over real quick?
Speaker 1: Dog? Please?
Speaker 2: That is what it is. We'll get there someday.
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to talk about have some debo talk?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, What do you want to talk about? You want to give me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about all the Deebo Samuel stuff going down this past year, like the way the Wider's year free as your market has unfolded?
Speaker 2: Oh, dear, I mean like Hindsight's twenty twenty, right, I feel like and I know nothing. I haven't talked to John Lynch, Kyle Shanahan or Deebo about it, have not. I don't know anything. All I know is that Hindsight I would have paid dee Bo three cours away through the season. Try to do a contract end season for sure, probably would have been cheaper. Christian Kirk really set the market off. That thing excels. Good for you, kerk Or who fucked it off? Who was the Jay Wars? Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Really fucked off by paying Oh dude a load of money at the market, screwed the whole leag we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Pay We're gonna pay him nine, We're gonna pay him ninety. Congratulations for your ninety mil. But like, what, what's gonna happen? And this is me not knowing anything. Deeble's got another year in his contract left regardless, right, he's assuming he's not gonna sit out. That's a lot of money. So he's either gonna play this year as a Niner with one year left on his deal, or he's gonna get a contract extension. At this point, you can't even trade them. What are you going to trade it for two a first round pick next year's draft? That doesn't help us this year? Right, Like come on, you can't trade for future picks, not right now. So like that windows kind of closed, and like you know, something crazy could happen. I could be eating my words in two weeks. But the Niners have done every major contract mine Fred Warners the week before the season started. So my guess is within them, Like in three weeks we'll hear it news of it. Yeah, I mean, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Right because you saw because we've talked about it on the pop before, but you saw the situation like an AJ Brown unfold to kind of like a similar situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: And the Titans, like, I'm just gonna say, cut their losses for lack of a better term, because you get worried about the player if they want to hold out in training camp ward the season, like this could affect the chemistry and everything else that's side the locker room.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: You're worried about that at all.
Speaker 2: No, dude, everyone loves Debo Devo's I mean, and like, I also think that it's the NFL, Like you go get what you deserve, dude, Like Deeple deserves to get paid a lot of money. And if they don't want to pay a lot of money, do what you need to do. Dog Like, like your lockers here, if you want to leave a it's okay. Like there's no bad blood with me. The window to play NFL football and to get paid a lot of money is like this big for your whole life. So like don't like you got to be incredibly selfish. You just have to, and like you don't like growing up, like everything that I've done with my entire life, like going through contract negotiations is incredibly difficult because you don't I've never like I tried. My heart is to not be selfish. Ever, so when you have to be selfish in that moment, it's really hard for a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: But because you're in such a business minded like world, oh it is there, you have a lot of feelings attached to like yeah, team and I want this to happen.
Speaker 2: And man, I didn't realize it was like oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Grimy like this, not that it's like snaky, but that's just the way like business is built.
Speaker 2: I mean, like so because COVID right, it got rid of OTAs because I was gonna not go to OTA's at all, like I was gonna show up to any of it because they weren't doing my negotiations. But then they got Now I just got a little bit lucky because they got canceled, and like I was like, I can't miss training camp. Like I'm gonna play this year, and I can't miss like two weeks of training camp your dog. So like my age is like, you have to go. Just don't do a lot, And I was like, I did a little bit of stuff here and there, and then we got it done. I think like seven days into that walk through Face two training camp. But like, yeah, I mean there's just there's a lot to go as to contract negotiats, it's not a lot of fun. Best thing I ever heard. Richard Sherman told me it's like braces. It sucks the entire time. Then su A's get him off. You forget that you ever had him.
Speaker 1: I love that. And he's doing good now too. I saw Monster. I love him's paying him a. I don't know if the contract came out, but he's going on with their Thursday night football.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if it came out, but he's gonna dominate it. He's he is such an intellectual dude. He is holy, he's a stud man. Yeah, he was fun.
Speaker 1: Matt talking about you talking about the short amount of time you get to play in the league. As we were talking about it the other day, because a lot of your stuff has went viral on you calling for which I'm all about, off fucking hold the flag with you. Brother.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna let me complain about something right now?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: You don't let me complain about something right now?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you'll have the floor for sure. You just know the boys are behind you one thousand percent. Whatever you're talking about, how short the lifespan is in the NFL. NFL stands for not for long. That's like a thing around the around the league. But calling for two by weeks in next extra bye week in the longer season, in a seventeen week season now and you're you're out there in the streets taking a lot of back last year, people calling you soft, the charman and this is this dude's a puss. I would I would never have him on my team, like crazy, he sucks, he's weak. Yeah, I love a lot of.
Speaker 2: Here's the benefits of it. So you're the best, your best players, the guys you want to see get an extra week of recovery throughout the season, right and all it really does you add one more bye week. It just adds a week to the season. Super bowls on President's Day, which means Monday is off, so people are gonna get even more rowdy on that Sunday. But like, like, you give these guys an extra week. Week goes in, the season goes an extra season, goes an extra week, right, So that's just an extra week of TV deals, it's an extra week of football games. Like, sure there might be one more like one less team playing one week, but at the grand scheme of things, who really cares. As long as there's an afternoon, a middle, and an evening slot, people are gonna watch it every single Sunday. Like that's what people want to do. And if you can give guys one extra week, So if you have a bye week four and a bye week twelve, I mean that sounds really helpful to me. Like why not give guys a little bit of rest we got I'm getting yelled at, like, oh my gosh, you should try playing in an NBA season or an MLB season. You guys, ever been hit by a safety when you cross the middle, Like have you ever had a Keeam Hicks sack you in the backfield? Like have you ever been hit by a three hundred and fifty pounds grown man. No, none of those guys have, dude, they're chilling, like yeah, no, hey, and every.
Speaker 3: Sportload management during the season too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't load management during football. No, you're you're going the games are two it's important. Every game matters. And yeah, so like, yeah, you don't have eighty one chances wherever longer that NBA season is, but like, you have seventeen chances to secure a high seat in the playoffs, so then you can play at home and it gives you your best chance of winning to the Super Bowl. And so like, why not just give guys one extra week of rest? Makes sense to me?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely, I mean, what's the earliest bye week this year? The times are on the early one, aren't they? Week six?
Speaker 2: We had a week four by in twenty nineteen. It was brutal.
Speaker 1: That is the most brutal, fucking Oh my god, you get an early bye week.
Speaker 2: Oh it was like, come on, like, I so now we had to go and play twelve straight games and then we luckily we were first one seed and I got to buy in the playoffs. That was the greatest thing of all time. That also pissed me off the date like the twoc doesn't get a buy now, Like, come on, you you are you played the whole season, get that by and now it's just gone fuck. Come on guys, like se.
Speaker 1: Were you guys last year six because you guys came back. You guys rallied in the back half of the year.
Speaker 2: Are you dude? We had no business being in there. We lose to the ramp like we had to play the Rams week seventeen, and we went in there and beat him. I have no I like we Deebo was awesome. We had a rookie, Jawan Jennings was he was second year at that point. Juwan Jennings balled out like like we we won when we needed to. Jimmy g let us on a game when he drivered like forty second stuff or something like that. It was awesome. And then we went into the playoffs and it was fun too. I'm I'm not throwing him under the bus. But so in the Pro Bowl we got a I we had a Matt Laflura Packers were you know, and so obviously I'm suirping obviously, but he was just like he was and I think he was he said he texted McVeigh like after we got in and he was like you guys and like you couldn't just knock him out because no one wants to play the team that just runs the football every single play.
Speaker 1: And not not to mention that, but has momentum going.
Speaker 2: Moment you don't you don't want to play the come out with.
Speaker 1: Your boom box.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you guys are like the end of the room moment.
Speaker 1: Like we're swinging on everybody. Oh yeah, what dude, dude.
Speaker 2: Every week, like the entire team is just sore on Monday, like you just kind of sit there in your chair while you watch film like this, and then by Wednesday you're doing all right. But like everybody's feeling that. But like, yeah, our goals out punch the person in front of us, like every single week. It's really fun.
Speaker 1: And you guys got Trent Williams. That motherfucker is dude, trinsa king. He's a genetic freak bro like playing with them on Washington. He would go to the YMCA and he would literally play back like when he played basketball, he would play beyond the three point line. Yeah, he's not playing down low. He's not playing a center like he's the athlete on the perimeter. He's incredible wind mill dunks. Bro, Dude, I saw the greatest athlete I've ever seen in person.
Speaker 2: I saw Trent Williams. This is an awesome Trip Williams story. He uh, he shows up to a Monday morning lift and this is like I think we we had a night game and we flew back. I think we got home like at three or four am, and we work out like at twelve the next day and he shows up and you're like, you know what you can do what you kind of want to do on Mondays, you know, like lift, like sweat a little bit so you get the like the you know, the kinks out. But he just like he got upset about something like they wanted him to do a little bit more, and he was like, Okay, watch what I can do. And he gets under the squad the squad rack bar and he has three fifteen on it, reps it for three, puts a plate on restive for three, puts a plate on reps it for three, puts a plate on reps it for three, gets up to like six fifteen to six fifty or something like that, and we were like, hey, guy, like you don't need to do that. The coach like, you don't need to do that, and he looks at me and goes, for sure, reps it for ten times, ten times, like over six hundred pounds I swatched I watch it live six hundred over ten times, like ten times I watched it live. He racks it and looks at it and goes, I'm good right, and he just walked out. I was like, you, Trent, dude, you do you dog.
Speaker 1: The silver dude is a fucking animal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No, Trill Williams is he is the only he's like the most one of one human being I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: He's incredible and he's also he's fun as shit. That have in the locker room, dude, he is.
Speaker 1: He's so witty. If you if you walk in with a tough fit on, like you're getting drug.
Speaker 2: Go roast you bill, roast dude. We have all these like we have a basketball hoop in there, So Trent's got a fuck he's key can shoot, dude, He's got He just puts it right in the net every single time we have, Like have you seen that putter ball game? That's going around. It's like beer pong, but for this is a free plug. Shout out you guys, send me a couple free ones. But yeah, it's like beer pong, but with you it's a putting green and you've got six holes on each hand. Such a blast. But I got some of those for the locker room. And he kills people on that too, just kills it. That's it's a fantastic game. He boxes as well. Oh he's a monster.
Speaker 1: I think he's got his own like like team Box.
Speaker 2: Also runs like a four six forty and it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy like he's been in the game. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: Long he's going to your thirteen maybe something like that.
Speaker 1: Out one year because he hated Washington, like sat out the entire year, missed all of that money just to get re upped and just secure another.
Speaker 2: Bag as a monster. What's our next topic there? Will?
Speaker 1: Should we get in the tier talk?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, le's do a Tier one real quick? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's do a Tier one real quick. All right, Josh, here you go. So we got this segment called Tier Talk. Are you a video game guy?
Speaker 2: Love me some video games?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Now what we're gonna do is there's Tier one, Tier two, Tier three. It's basically your top three favorite, your best video games of all time. Now are we gonna do it? Are we gonna do an era? Are we just doing everything mixed together? We just our best three games? Dude? NFL streets on there. George and I were talking about I know George is a big as well. I don't want you to say in sublay Football. I want you to say in Subulae Football two thousand and six, we're very detailed. Yeah, that's like, but I mean what do you mean by era?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, so like, are we going in sixty four PlayStations? Oh?
Speaker 1: We covered it all, all the games, cover it all, that your top three games.
Speaker 2: You're let's try to pick a different system for every game. Okay, That's what I'm gonna do, But that is how we pick these games. So, like you, you want to go first, or you want me to go first.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go first. Now we'll go first. Here's my opportunity to go last.
Speaker 2: Oh really yep? All right? Uh?
Speaker 1: Tier one is your number one game of all time? Please why not take it lightly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would say, build it up, build up the anticipation.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna I'm gonna drop, I'm gonna drop it. Just hang it out there, because Halo three is my tier one I have. I have months of hours logged on that game. It is my favorite game of all time. Incredible. I've played the campaign probably like fifty sixty times. I'm addicted. It's all Hello three Halo three specifically, I know people a gonna be like ol two. My first Xbox was Halo three, So just cut me some slack, guys, Okay. I wasn't allowed to shoot guns when I was thirteen years old. I'm sorry. It was two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: The gaming culture really gonna come at you like, oh.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, you guys some some of you guys are toxic. But dude, yeah no, Josh, will you ask that what cameras on Josh this one? Will you ask the camera to do you a favor? We will you do me a favor? Thank you? That's all you guys out there. Do him a favor.
Speaker 1: Shut the.
Speaker 2: Sorry, But Halo three is my tier one and that's for Xbox like fun fact. Also, I have every Halo Xbox console ever released, the original c through Green Xbox, the Halo three Limited Xbox three, sixty, Halo Reach, Halo four, I got the Halo five, Xbox one X. I got them all and I'm gonna have them all in like a big glass case. Like that's my ship. What's your Tier two brother? Tier two? Tier two? We're gonna go in sixty four Super Smash Bros. That's a good pick yeah, pick yeah, that's a great pick.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Like that was like one of the first video games I really got into. See now now this is I want to Can I go like an a b within sixty four? You can if you let me, let me atle bit. So just staying on that side of things, I would also throw in like Pokemon Silver for the game Boy because it's Nintendo. So those are back and forth, and I'm sorry if I stole yours game Boy. Dude, it's Nintendo.
Speaker 1: But that changed a lot of lives.
Speaker 2: Oh it did, it did? And like, dude, those games are incredible. My parents actually, oh right, yeah, worse. Are you doing all right? Yeah, we're doing great, doing great. Josh. It's Josh's first day this first time in first day ever in Nashville. He's good. Wow. Well we can argue about Pokemon. Was that gonna be one of yours. No, so like because if you want to give you this stuff, like oba's your eyes. That's why I get like you want me to if you want me to keep it an N sixty four, there's a little thing that you would put your Pokemon game into and then you can play it on the N sixty four.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah for sure. Like the little game bar. Yeah yeah, the little game boys, so.
Speaker 2: Those are like Super Smash and Pokemon. Yeah, that's up there for me. Josh, he's doing great out there, dude.
Speaker 1: I hope he's yaking that. It would be so funny.
Speaker 2: For the boys. And then my tier three and this is gonna throw some people for a loop, like doing this and oh no, he's that couch is probably really sweaty.
Speaker 1: Around, Yeah, because I'm sweating.
Speaker 2: My legs are dripping sweat right now. It's because we work out.
Speaker 1: But I really do apologize for interrupting your tears.
Speaker 2: No, it's all right, and I'll just go fuck myself. Thanks. Well, what's your tier three? I'm gonna throw people through a loop here. PlayStation two Jack and Daxter. I don't know if you ever played that game. It's phenomenal. The whole series is now is fantastic, But like the first, Jack and Daxter is one of my favorite games of all time. I got I got big in the video games because of that game. Pulled up. Let's let let let's let the boy see it.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it, dude, phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Do you remember ratcheting clank? The board doesn't even play video games. That's Jack, and that's Jack and Daxter bandicoot. Oh yes, PlayStation one. Jack's the guy with the big ears and Daxter is the orange dude and he's on your shoulder basically the whole time. That's Jack. I think that's Jack two, but yeah, it's it's an apse bust. You just go like you have to collect these giant orbs that were like time travel you and stuff. And the boys.
Speaker 1: You see it what like I tell them, like see you at times like doing this and you kind of like and I feel myself sweating. So I'm like, I bet my man's kind of.
Speaker 2: Yea, one's your one for me? How about this? You want to start getting go for it your three. Yeah, I'm gonna go Tier three. I love this, Go Tier three.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm kind of a basic gamer, like I didn't have the n sixty four. I didn't have the game c it was just kind of Xbox xbox on. I learned how to play football from Football Games Matten and learned all the rules from there. But my Tier three is NFL two K five with on the cover.
Speaker 2: That's a great game.
Speaker 1: You build your house.
Speaker 3: That the that's the greatest playing against punk Master flex like you.
Speaker 1: Can put your team in like cold to recovery. If you like coached your team, you could like map out that on the routine.
Speaker 2: Is that the one that you played in the helmet?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, I love that game. It's the greatest game of all time. Still, Oh that game is so el so that one's air. Yeah, No, that was a great one. That's definitely that's a great football game. Best Tier two. I've played a lot. I played a lot of furnite in college with the boys.
Speaker 3: Oh, such a great and then the building got out of hand, and I know buildings now you can play without it.
Speaker 2: It's really fun. So I might have to dabble again.
Speaker 3: But again in college, that was like boys get on after our uh, we would go to the roach room, which was our food table. Getta go eat get Home, played about two hours of Fortnite, and then after nine o'clock half priced apps at Applebee's.
Speaker 1: Go cruise there, Boys Preacher right now, wow, Tier one really good boys preaching, Call of Duty.
Speaker 2: Modern Warfare two. Oh yeah, it's great job. I like that.
Speaker 1: That's your number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Warfare two is pretty fire time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Michael Myers with the Boys, that was dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Modern Warfare two is my tier three.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, for sure that changed me a lot.
Speaker 3: They're wrong, but continue being a tier three.
Speaker 1: But it's on the list, bro to the top three. I'm trying to give it a little bit of respect because there are a lot of there's a lot of hours, a lot of time. Like you talk about with Halo, where you were just in the dorm rooms and you're just with the boys.
Speaker 2: Did they have the skins? Yeah, the wood it red tiger, blue tiger. That's what it was. A model work for two, right.
Speaker 1: Like what did it call whenever you got past level fifty where you precede when people get like time prestige, I never got the ten time. I wasn't like I mean, I wasn't like that on the game. I got prestige. I think maybe twice. I had like a KD ratio of I think I respectable one point two four.
Speaker 2: Oh good for you. Okay, hey, you got more kills than you died.
Speaker 1: My Tier two. Man, this is tough now that you guys are bringing up some of these old school games. There's a lot of stuff runing through my head right now.
Speaker 2: Pokemon's a that's a hard one to beat.
Speaker 1: It is, but I think my Tier two is going to be grand. Theft Auto and Andreas it's good. I love that the territories, the Gang Wars, I hope there's no I know this is a good show. But the Andreas. I love that ship and my Tier one and this is like, uh, this is an ab because it is the journey of it. There's a game one and then there was a there was a prequel made, but it is Red Redemption, Red Dead Redemption. Oh yeah, for sure, Red Dead Redemption one and two. I live and die by that ship.
Speaker 2: Bro it's a good game. They come up with another one that's good.
Speaker 1: But the fact that they made a prequel to how like they're the Gang formed, the mid the Western Forms and everything else. How they broke off, how there was Bad Blood and Drama. I thought the writing for that game was you're playing a movie. Yes, absolutely, but it's like you picked Grand Theft, Auto and Red Dead.
Speaker 2: I mean those are pretty Simmilary.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know. But the way you guys are bringing back the nostalgia games, it's kind of like like Smash Bros. I think is incredible. But my personal favorite N sixty four game is Double O seven gold.
Speaker 2: Nyeking it remaking it. I know it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: But what I think sucks about that is what I thought brought out the best and everybody in Gold Night is that was like the first game to where you sat there and screen peaked. Oh yeah, we're playing four players, you know what I mean on the same you're looking at the street always over here in the game.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, you a big screenpeaker guy. I was for sure, dude. I'm never played video games with you ever again.
Speaker 1: Bro, we got we got headsets and online. Now you're never like in the same room playing with the boys, unless you're playing like Smash Bros.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: What was it like two years ago? Me and some buddies we did uh. We hooked up like two Xbox. We had four v four Halo two or Halo three we were playing that were you screen peaking? Oh? Well, we had four guys on one TV and four guys on the other TV that were a team.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I think that ship is so cool when you're like, hey, let's all come over to the house.
Speaker 2: Dude, you're a local. Play so much fun.
Speaker 1: Now. I will say, like you would play one on one in person like in Madden and stuff, and I would, I would screen peak. I would see the plays.
Speaker 3: Learn to hold one of the buttons though, and keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can. You can hide it exactly, you can hide it. Did you play instead? Did you play in stable A all the time? That was in double as euro That was your favorite? For me? It was two thousand and six Race for the Heisman. You'd like go to a dorm room, like do you remember you do the drills that can find out what star you would be, like what type of crew and how good you'd be?
Speaker 3: I love, dude, the dynastyam or my player mode what was it called? Yeah, and just working your way up and like when we get practiced maximum stats in high school?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like if you got I don't know if you guys remember like if you did the running back, you had to like avoid tackling dummies, or you do the Oklahoma drill, and the only way to get like a ninety, like a ninety rating was to get ten for ten. And I if I didn't get ten for ten, I would just I'll just restart it and then I'd go for ten to ten again and I got once you got it too, I would play that. I play that guy's whole career out every single time. I will say this instead of a taught me what it meant to red shirt, I had no idea. I was like, oh, red shirt. I didn't know what a red shirt like junior was. I was like, oh, that sounds cool. I'll make a retirt junior.
Speaker 1: They get like a little red jersey in their little photos, and.
Speaker 2: Now that was like that was that was domb of you.
Speaker 1: You know what was a good game mode that I think we're forgetting is Madden when they had like the game mode where you would try and you would get like ten chances to like run on the ball. Oh yeah, like I was a blast seven on seven. But you would try and play all the podcast games you try to get the gold, silver, and bronze. Yeah, Mini Camp, What what year was that Madden four with Vic?
Speaker 2: I think that four. I mean that's the best mad You were throwing through those rings too, you have them up for the rings. Yeah, there's nothing better, dude, Madden thousand and seven, Mini Camp, Oh dude.
Speaker 1: Seven, you'd have to tab for the forty yard deads. You have to sit there and tab it. It was so difficult. The bench Press, Quarterback Challenge, Running Back Challenge. No, yeah, that game was a lead dude. That was one like the Hits Coming Alive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so much fun watch there running one in this funny because you have the bags and they move and then if you hit a bag, you just fall over. I was like, that's not come on.
Speaker 1: Always anybody in the back, bloss, I know your favorite player of all times on the bus right now, does anybody have a question in the back because we got to do a segment with Jay hold on tight end you dude, Canon. Deodoran is made for guys who run hot. Boys. You can't smell me, but even though you're watching me right now, but the boy I do run hot. I sweat all the time. If I get a little bit of caffeine in me, I get my anxiety spikes a little bit. I will start pitting no matter what. With Duken and they have dry ice. The deodor is incredible. What is it methanol? Am I saying that right? What are their ingredients? It's like it's like a glacier sitting under your armpits throughout the day. I sort of got I feel it right now, right when you put on it smells nice. It feels nice throughout the day. But one of my favorite sens is that sandal Wood cologne. I take the Sandwood Colone. If you can smell my wrists right now, if you can smell my neck, you'd want to take me right here on the bus, but you can't. But the Sandalwood Colone is my favorite clone. It's a little clear spray or spritzer thing that you can do. And they also have it in the big, Big as Brick of Soap. They have phenomenal products. Go check the boys out the Big As Brick of Soap with the scrubber And that was a big play by you guys. By the way, teach me about the loofa inside the scrubber sailor. Yeah, that was heady move because I don't even take the soap out of the out of the little case. Now, I just scrubbed myself with it. It's insane. The hair washed, the hairstyling, beard care, They got everything you need. Check out Duke Cannon at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order. Uh, guys, Duke Cannon is not for clowns. Go get your shit now, go get it everywhere. Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, you guys did.
Speaker 1: Have a little bit of drama with like a media guy you home, he shouldn't be allowed in the building. Is he still allowed in the building? Oh no, what we're not saying his name. We're not getting any.
Speaker 2: I think the NFL does media pass and stuff like that. So like the Niners like, hey, we can't do anything about it. And you know, it just came to a point where he had been taking shots at a guy Javon, who grew up homeless. He grew up having to use cold water for showers. He had to go to a faucet not in his house to get water for a shower like stuff like that, Like he had an undereal upbringing and made it to the NFL and like he got hurt and I hit a knee thing, and he hasn't been able to play like to the level that he wants to play. He's a fantastic player, you know, and like throughout the whole season last year, he's on IR and he would like would tweet at him and just like shit on him, like during the season, like there's nothing he could do. And he'd be like, oh, hey, another week of like Javon kin On not playing or some shit like that, and it's just like, dude, come on, he kids out, like if you want to like, hey, George Killery, you dropped the ball and you guys lost the game. Sure, dude, give me all the shit in the world for that. But I don't go at a guy that there's nothing he can do about a situation he's trying every day to get healthy, Like leave him alone. And so Kim las Am and I had been at the first OTA's open practice that shit, and he in front of him a little bit and I kind of went off on social media, and you know, I think, no, you never want to, like, you never want to do something like that, because you know they always get spawning and you could look like, you know, I'm like not a great person. But Kim Low's fantastic. He's he's an incredible teammate. He's incredibly nice, and you know, he just he deals with shit different than I would. But hey, that's the NFL. Guys come up from different livelihoods and they deal with shit differently and that's just what it is. And you know, I think ultimately got kind of ironed out and we're all right, but it is what it is. And that guy wants to take shots at players that can't participate, and that's what he wants to make money off of. Go for it, man, that's it's your cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Would you do a really good job hyping the boys? And it fires me up?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, the second that you like lose the trust of your team, dude, Like, there's nothing you can do to get that ship back, dude, So I hype up everybody twenty four to seven. Ask me if I want Jimmy or Tray.
Speaker 1: You want Jimmy or Tray?
Speaker 2: Dude? I love them both crazy.
Speaker 1: Everybody's fired of Yeah, I don't really know. I'm sure blosses balls deep in that quarterback battle going on, if it's even a battle. But I'm not I wouldn't even be sure what to start on asking questions about Trey or Jimmy. It's like, what is Trey? He runs the ball more and.
Speaker 2: One is one of the one of the best comparisons I ever heard of, was that Trey Lance looks good in shorts. And I was like, you know, hustle good and shorts. Josh Allen did not wrong.
Speaker 1: So no, that was like He's like, he's like, hey, Josh might want to come on the bus. Is that cool. I'm like, you know, I'm playing it cool. I'm like, yeah, you know, we might be able to make some.
Speaker 2: Time O brag. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He's like, oh, he looks great in shorts, and I was like, I'm not sure what that means. What do you meant by that?
Speaker 2: At first, he's not an a w L, no free shoutouts.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, t I was like, I hate to say.
Speaker 2: It, bro, I'm not. He literally made a Josh Allen website and it's a photo of him in short. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Draft you went with the boys, you big, big big cat p f T.
Speaker 2: Those guys are incredible. Du p f T is one of the smartest human beings I've ever been.
Speaker 1: He really is.
Speaker 2: He really is.
Speaker 1: He's a fucking little genius man.
Speaker 2: He really is a big cats college stuff.
Speaker 1: On purpose, but he is always like thinking two moves ahead of everything.
Speaker 2: He really is.
Speaker 3: I love when Big Cat tweets something too and it's wrong. Oh yeah, tweets I've got five.
Speaker 1: Sorry guys like you got hacked. Oh my goodness, the best dude. All right, last segment. We got to hype up tight and you you got your boy in the back, Jeremy j hole you whether you get in there or we flip a camera? Do we need to have him slip up? You switch? I'll go outside, Josh.
Speaker 2: Oh you're good dude.
Speaker 1: Oh, bro, appreciate you for coming on man. Yes, yes, you.
Speaker 2: Guys Josh on the bus.
Speaker 1: Hey, Garrett, if you could walk out and maybe just outside take a photo of him and then we just photo shop them in with the photo funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, but.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. Josh.
Speaker 2: Make shure you get him in short. I know you got it, Josh, you did great.
Speaker 1: Hey, what a stud man.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you asked them about the chiefscame, what does that go? There's some that's some trauma. Man, thank you for the boys.
Speaker 1: I wanted to you know, you gotta cover usually.
Speaker 2: That one, because there's nothing that he could have done better.
Speaker 1: I know, I wanted I wanted him. I wanted to ask him, like, hey, so bro thing was staring at me the whole time. I wanted to be like, let's just pretend there's no cameras in here. Who would you place the most blame moment in that game? Just like with him, we can all laugh. But I was so I couldn't get the gun slinger thing out of my fucking mouth on the duel, so I just went with like talk about the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, dude, And then I remember.
Speaker 1: The coin toss thing. He lost the coin toss, and to me, I feel like when you lose a coin toss, you're like, man, if I had just said fucking heads or like the opposite, yeah, like we would have got the ball. But he changed the game. He changed the ot rules.
Speaker 2: And literally he changed the game of football.
Speaker 1: He changed the game of football. And you never know how that game would have end it because I was I was, I was rooting against the Chiefs like I wanted the I wanted the Bills to win.
Speaker 2: Well, So a question for you, is the rule change good? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. Both teams get a shot. At the end of the day, nobody can complain about the rule anymore. Both teams get an opportunity. But I think shitty is like you're just putting more football on the boys. So I think it's tough. But now, Huff, what's up?
Speaker 2: Ot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is hard, hard, bro, no question, there's no doubt when we went, especially when you're a team like you guys are tights where you guys is just fucking Every play is physical, like we played at Cincinnati. Fourth quarter, I burst my verses back in my knee like first quarter, and I get a catch into the game set up. Robbie misses it first game, like first one he's ever missed before. Like with us, he ended up like he wanted the Packers games, not a big deal.
Speaker 2: But then we had to go to Ot and Larry. When I saw it didn't go in because I'm still on the sideline, I was like, I don't know how many plays I got left. Guys like I need like I've hit my limit, Like I'm at eighty five snaps right now, guys, like I don't know if I can get to ninety five. Like, uh, let's slow down a little bit. Hey, I had three catches on the final drive. We won the game. It is what it is. But like still, it's just like it.
Speaker 1: Is what it is. I'm a monster, I'm an animal.
Speaker 2: But I mean that was that was a really fun game. They have bad turf though, since I please get new turf, Seattle, please get new turf.
Speaker 1: So I will ask you, do you not think it's a good uh uh rule change?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a rule like so I mean like just be like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, this is just we're obviously just talking like no, no, the rule change or no.
Speaker 2: I mean like like we know it's like I get the whole Like it's a coin toss and like that decides who wins. But like Cincinnati won the coin toss. They went down and score kicked a field goal, and then we went down score a touchdown. So yeah, yeah, like that's my thing. Like it's a two sided game. Like I get that. Everybody now wants fancy football points. They want to see Josh Allen throw for four fifty and they want to see Patrick mahomestore for four fifty and five touchdowns. That's what people want to see. But it's also a defensive game, right, so now you're just giving both offenses opportunities when at the end of the end of the day, our defense, like Niners defense, holds them to a field goal and then we go down and score, Like that's what I mean, that's what overtime it is. Or you win the coin toss, you house to kick off return, the game should be over, Like that's what it is. Like, that's that's what overtime was, and that's how I understood it. And we've changed it and it's totally fine, and like it's more football, Like sure, okay, I'm excited about it. I have another opportunity like to score, so like, yeah, and you know what, I bet you if I was on the other side of that, for sure, terrible rule change it right now. I totally see it from their side of this, I totally see that. But in reality, why don't we just do college rules? Line it with the thirty five yard line and just go back and forth? Dog? Why not? Because you know what, it would be so much fun. You're in field goal range it's a fifty two yard field goal. It's not easy. It's a hard field goal kick. Do you just go for the field goal or do you go for points? Like like that's fun like and then you're then you're getting guys that are like, hey, Josh Allen's gonna throw for seven touchdowns because you went to overtime and he threw four touchdowns and four overtimes. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree.
Speaker 2: When we were talking about what we need to do.
Speaker 1: We said the fifty so that way you're not just putting the team in field goal range.
Speaker 2: No, put him in put him in field range, because then say.
Speaker 1: Fifty, you hold him like you gotta try and fucking no.
Speaker 2: Sure, So like that, and now you have the what is it like the on side kick rule? Like you can just go forward on fourth and fifteen? Is that a rule or is that just a tryout thing?
Speaker 1: Say that again? Which rule?
Speaker 2: Can you? Is that a rule?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. I know it was talked about it like it's instead of kicking an on side kick, you can like just take the ball in like fourth and fifteen or something like that. Or do you guys remember that? No, they talked about it is it a rule. I can't remember, probably doing thefl It wasn't overtime. It was just anytime if you want to kick, well we did in the Pro Bowl. That's it was very test in the Pro Bowl because you can't do one kicks. Dude, No you can. Well, I'm saying it don't work hardly, like I think like four work last year. One hit me in the face. I gave up one. Whoops, not for the boys. First get they told me I was done. Hear me out. We're in Detroy, We're up thirty points and we take out all of our starters. They kept theirs in tough. There's like eight minutes left. Yeah, they get within two scores kicking on and I kill, you're done, Like I cut off my tape. You're chilling. Get my tape is cut? Your shoulder pads are unstrapped. I'm chilling. And then they scored two touchdowns like kill, you need to go back in And I said, fuck you guys. I was so like, I drink out wipe. Oh dude, I was so mad at them. I was totally checked out. I was like, yeah, my first dude, no lie, I first drive on offense, I fall started I was totally like, it's it's hard when you check out, It is hard to get that switch flipped again. And I because they're like you're done, like, don't even worry about it, like take your shoes off, George for sure, guys, I can't wait. It's a great first game, go go. Niners had that and then they scored on site. Kick took a great bounce like you can. You can watch a clip. It's great bounce. I went for it, probably should have headed back, bounced off my face. We won the game. It is what it is. But I was just like, wow, thanks guys for putting me in the worst position possible, Like if you tell me I'm in the game still, Yeah, it's totally even mindset and I might get torn apart for like a whoiver chuck out of the game. When you get told you're done with something, you stop like come.
Speaker 1: Right, especially when you're up thirty, Yeah, I go, we got in the bag. When they come at you say hey, we need you on Asie Kike, it's like, yeah, we're playing most stressful de short. They're not gonna pull this one off.
Speaker 2: Boys, Oh that they did?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You just say some bullshit like that crazy they're not gonna fucking come back for real guys.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I mean like and like hey like Hocketstead of a great like they had like good enough players, especially when you put out like you take out all of your starters, like obviously, like it's still an NFL football team. There's one in the NFL that's terrible. Like everybody can still win football games, Like I don't care who you are, Like everyone has a shot, Like who was it? I mean we were zero to nine my rookie season and then we beat two playoff teams going in.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the Detroit All defeat into like the last week or two of the season they win in their.
Speaker 4: Fucking Xtiville beat. I mean, Buffalo, you gonna beat Buffalo.
Speaker 2: N it doesn't matter how bad you are, You could any given Sunday is a real thing now, Like yes, there are better teams that win more Sundays than bad teams, but it is like if you don't show up, you can get your ass beat regardless, and so like there's always good teams the NFL. So well, like I said, like, uh, we were talking about ot or something like that, but I was just.
Speaker 1: Talking about the ot rules.
Speaker 2: We're talking about onside kicks, but.
Speaker 1: And you played defense too, Like I didn't really like if you had a wan, would you take the rules back to what it was or would you Are you happy with the rule change? My wand would be played both sides. You did it brilliant.
Speaker 2: I'm really good at it. But my want my WAND would be thirty five yard line or forty yard line and just do college style. But if you're gonna go between.
Speaker 1: Like between the two that we have the bills and headlines.
Speaker 2: So because it was what was it? Because it used to be if you scored it all it's like a field goal on the game, and they changed it, and like that world change made sense because I think if you score a touchdown, you should win the game because you completed the whole length of the field. Man, I don't have an input on it until it happens to me and the next when it does. When it does happen to me, I want you all the tweet at me and just completely crap on me. And that's totally fine, and I'll eat it. And I can't wait.
Speaker 1: We just need that clipper. If anything happens with George, he can already, I'll eat this blah blah blah. Yeah yeah, but I do think like if you're standing, like if you're the Buffalo Bills and that game's going down the way it is, and then that's how it is, You're like, motherfucker, if we would have won that coin toss, we don't won that game because.
Speaker 2: If we would have a shot off the offense. But then at the end of the day, should your defense.
Speaker 1: Stop somebody stop somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel in your defense, Like that's what that's what they get paid to do, is to not let people score. So like we're changing the rules, and I Buffalo Bills have a fantastic defense. I'm not shitting on you guys at all. And that's just how football games go.
Speaker 1: Like there's the fourth quarter of that game, like you no, there's games.
Speaker 2: That are offen scores three points in fucking twelve quarters that it just happens, like you go, and that was a game that was fireworks and so like. But the end of the day, like defenses get paid to mike stops. So it's like, you're sure we're gonna change the rules because that that game they didn't make stops. So that's just I don't know. I like viewing it from both sides, Like I think it's gonna lead to more football, more, more points, more people.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Oh dude. Like the games are gonna be even crazier now, Like, oh my gosh, they scored a touchdown. Oh my gosh, they scored another touchdown. Yeah, fantasy points. The over is gonna hit like crazy. I don't think I do not, don't even I'm good, but like it's still fun to watch that happen on them.
Speaker 1: On the other side of it, it's like I'm with the extra o t like, add another game to the you guys regular season, you're retired, add it again. I'm not retired, but we only know I play at one point in the year.
Speaker 2: So if I get them the Niners, you're gonna make a fucking stop.
Speaker 1: Oh, without a question.
Speaker 2: You look good in red and gold. Not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Would I would be so swagged out? Just pat Fred.
Speaker 2: Warn on the boy. Don't you get hurt either. Can we do like a little photoshop of the boys coming out to Super Grimlin and Will's like in the front with the boombox. That would be Will Doug.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised, man, and I like, you know, we have some history together, you do. We have some history together.
Speaker 2: We ad for the boy here.
Speaker 1: Too, back in the day. Yeah, put a good word in. Just see, just see what his temperatures at.
Speaker 2: His temperature is usually pretty hot, not gonna lie, pretty.
Speaker 1: Hot as in he'd be fired up to bring the boy in.
Speaker 2: He's fired up out about everything. It's pretty fun. Yeah, like a lot. Yeah, he is awesome. Let's talk about Can we talk about the boy though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we got to talk about tight in you obviously because everybody's probably like, you know, who's who's my man sitting up here? Jeremy Whole What is.
Speaker 2: The Josh Allen? Everybody? No, this is Can I do the introduction?
Speaker 1: Please do it? All right?
Speaker 2: So, one of the main reasons I moved the now Tennessee's because the guy is sitting right here. This is Jeremy Holt. He does my speed, my conditioning, my change direction, my routes. He helps me through the whole thing. My releases you could pull up Thursday Night football twenty nineteen against Arizona Cardinals, I ran a release that Jeremy and I worked on religiously throughout the entire offseason. But he's a guy that I was introduced to by Trent Taylor in Nashville after my rookie season. Fell in love with him. His energy is infectious, like you want to work harder every single day. You're like, I ain't got nothing left, and he's like, damn straight, you got everything left. Dog, It's a great day to be here. He's got this cheesy ass smile on his face twenty four to seven, and every single day he drives me to be a better person and a better football player. And he also happens to be a fantastic father. So he this guy just checks all the boxes. He's incredible. He works with anyone from football players to pregnant moms to old dudes. He covers the whole thing, and he's professional and loving, caring and energizing through each and everyone. And now I will say, I don't know how he eats like candy and Hostess cookies and cupcakes all the time. Genetics. But Jay Holts one of a kind and he's one of the main reasons I moved to Nashville for the boys. But yeah, everybody, Jeremy Hole He's a King.
Speaker 1: Buddy, that was a really good in those a really good in trip.
Speaker 2: I will give you a hug right now, my guy, you guys want to hug I will you want to be in the middle.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would like to watch.
Speaker 2: It'll be like uh oh no, we got to get him in the middle and there'll be a reverse oreo. Shit's fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's talk about Sorry, Jeremy, welcome to the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah you haven't talk about Tighten You.
Speaker 1: You had a phenomenal introduction. But what kind of role is Jeremy playing.
Speaker 2: Jeremy or he can But let's see, Jeremy does a lot of things. He trains a lot of guys, So like, yeah, we'll talk about a little bit Tighten You. But like Jeremy's a very fasciname guy just because of the amount of people that he trains and who he trains, just like you know, so I'll set you up that you can ask that question later. But yeah, Jeremy, what are you doing at Tighten You this year? Man?
Speaker 1: So Tighten You?
Speaker 4: Basically, I am in charge of the drills that we do on the field.
Speaker 1: So after we get done with our.
Speaker 4: Stuff in the interview room, stuff in the locker room stuff where we talk about, you know, everything from whiteboards, x's and o's, all.
Speaker 1: That stuff that George and Greg and Trav are gonna kill.
Speaker 4: And then you have guys like Mercedes and people who have played a long time that know that have forgotten more than we'll ever know from football drop knowledge on us. Then we get to go outside and basically work on some drills that I'll cook up, some stuff getting in out of our breaks working on all that stuff. And then we're also gonna lect George, Trav and Greg teach them the game from a standpoint that I can't teach him from. And I think that's one of the biggest things that I've always been able to do is is being around y'all and being an ex athlete, understanding that like y'all have played the game longer than I have. So like for me to sit here and think that I'm the only person that can tell you stuff, Yeah, do I watch and sit down and watch film and try to help g with stuff on set on Sundays that helps him. Yeah, But like at the same time, like if I were to go out there and act like I'm the only one.
Speaker 1: That stuff and the only one that can tell them stuff.
Speaker 4: Then at some point they're gonna be like, I'm saying through this dude, like he's acting like he's all that. So it's honestly just a good opportunity for me to drop knowledge on them from a different standpoint because they don't get to spend a lot of time with me. And we go from there. I learned from them, they learn from me. We bounce side ofs off each other and we all become better people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeremy's got a hell of a perspective, and it's like you got to be around people that view it different. And it's nicely because he works with wide receivers. He works with dbs too, so like he's coaching DB's and he can go, hey, George, this is what we worked on is DB's today, So this is how you have to counter that type of coverage. So like it's like it's just really fun to be around something like that. And it's also I don't know if he just pulls things out of his ass, like our drills and stuff that he does, but like he's always set up for like, hey, how much time you got, You got thirty minutes? Okay, we're gonna do ABC. Okay, you got forty five minutes, We got abcde you got an hour. We had this and like I don't know if he has that all planned out or not, but like everything goes like you start off, Hey, we're gonna work on a stick China day, which is a stick and then an undercut back end. So you're gonna be attacking the ball, and we'll spend the first like ten minutes working on the stick out, working on that first cut. They were gonna we're gonna do a drill where we're gonna work on that that return cut where you're planning back in and coming back towards the ball. You're gonna do that a couple of times. They're gonna put the whole route together. We're gonna put the whole route together, and then we like run it. Like then he'll like put cleats on and cover us. Sometimes just we have a feeling of like Manda Man coverage or it's a type of zone you need to sit here. But like you just you go through everything. So then you've done this route thirty times at whatever temple you need to do it at. But then it becomes natural too, so you just there's a there's a method to his madness, and that's why one of the reason I've always stayed with him.
Speaker 1: And you, uh, you recruit a lot of guys or attract a lot of guys that come to Nashville to train in the offseason, whether it be around you at the barn, you get, uh, you get your hands on them because you guys are always doing routes. I mean, you do work with some defensive guys as well, but you always like attract tight ends, wide receivers guys around you to train around George Kittle, what type of like, what type of clients like? What your roster looking like, because you also trained the boy Michael Chandler as well, correctly, Yeah, I mean we got we gotta stacked roster.
Speaker 4: I got some good dudes that are great people first and foremost that I think we just all kind of attract to each other because great minds and great people tend to attract and go in the same crowd. So you got guys like Michael Chandler, Kevin Byer, Theovon, I mean, the list goes on on.
Speaker 1: Corey Davis, you know, hang on, let's back up to that. Hey, I'm a fan of the as well. But let's not act like we're in the category of like, you know, like he's like an athlete, like he's like a pro as.
Speaker 2: So, like, what's the difference, Like what how different is from trade.
Speaker 1: Great minds you had? There's a way to best. I mean he ran a couple of bleachers, you know about elead athletes.
Speaker 2: What's like, what's the differences?
Speaker 1: Back up?
Speaker 2: What's your like, what how's it different from your training? George Kittle rap to and T J. Hockinson and then you then you go to Michael Chandler and then you go to THEO Von Like what is that? Because those are three different drills?
Speaker 1: Those are three on my phoney right now.
Speaker 4: That dude snapped on me the other day because I'm not an athlete?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: But I didn't even register for your little bullshit camp.
Speaker 1: Him though, no difference than all those different dynamics now, honestly, so for me working with people from all different levels, that's I mean, that's what I do. That's what George spoke on.
Speaker 4: It allows me to honestly have to step back and relate to people on different levels.
Speaker 1: And so when you're working with guys like George Robbie T TJ.
Speaker 4: Who are the best at what they do at the highest level. I've got to literally sit down and look at them and think, how can I make them less than one percent better?
Speaker 1: Because they're already in the one percent.
Speaker 4: So how can I turn an elite athlete the best to do it, one of the best to do it, to an all pro, to an all timer. And so you're looking at minuscule, super small things to fix and fine tune and find ways to enhance their.
Speaker 1: Game and all. Like I say, my job is to attract ego and add value.
Speaker 4: So when I've got guys like them, I've got to sit down and really really digest what they're doing and pay attention and be on my p's and q's. With Mike Chandler, I'm not gonna sit her neck like I know anything about mma, like from the standpoint at jiu jitsu or getting on the ground and wrestling. But what I do know is that being an athlete helps you more than it doesn't. And so if I can keep him explosive, keep him twitchy, keep him fast and quick in the octagon, it's gonna help him. And so I think you see that in his fights, he's able to.
Speaker 1: You know, kick the crap out of.
Speaker 2: A dude, do a backflip.
Speaker 1: The boy, Well, the dudes do a backflip. That motherfucker did four back four after he's been you know, a full round with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so freak you got stuff like that, and then you go to a theovhon all right, so it's boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: Then it's like, but do you go did you go boom boom boom like the fields boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Create somebody like an elite Amedian, Yeah, or or or the moms that I have, or anybody like that that come in and work out Jack.
Speaker 4: It's honestly, it's about me relating to them, making them feel better, making them be a better version of themselves when they leave, all right, because everyone comes in and my job is too. If you haven't seen a smile and face, I'm that guy. If you haven't had a great day up to that point, I'm that guy. Whatever you're dealing with, whatever you're going through, leave it out there. Come in, have a good hour. Yeah, have a selfish hour to yourself where you can focus on you become a better version of yourself and leave better than you can. And that's that's really what I try to do, and that's really my whole minstra. I think that's what I'm put on this earth to do, is to help people become better versions of themselves. So people always like, bro, you just killed him, and I'm like, I just killed that version of them. I'm not killing people. I'm just killing versions of people so we can become better versions of.
Speaker 2: Ourselves, damn straight.
Speaker 1: And so I think that's what I love to do.
Speaker 4: And while I wake up every single day excited about going to work.
Speaker 2: Hey, I will say it's like, so what's your pregnant ladies about eight am?
Speaker 1: Eight am? Rush it, bro, I promise you those workouts they do.
Speaker 2: Those girls, Hey, I walk out because we usually I use your trainer, ride after them and they won off. They're doing stuff. I'm like, goodness, like he had his wife doing it, and but like they have besides her because she's like swearing she's a beast, but she'll swear to you. Like all those women have the biggest smiles on their face and they're just so happy to be there. And Jeremy's sitting there like encourage him as they're carrying medballs over their heads and stuff like that. And it's just because he yells had done the same way heels at me and I just the consistency, like you just see that every single day and he does it with everybody, and it's just encouragement. Hey, we got to be better at this. Hey, George, I didn't like your release. Hey pregnant lady A. You didn't. You didn't hold the ball over your head high. And I'm like, come on, let's let's be a little bit better, try a little bit harder. It's just very encouraging that everybody works with Mike. You said you walk in there, you could have you could have gotten three hours sleep that night. Terrible night. Your body hurts, and you see Jeremy's face like, man, I'll be good today. It's gonna be a great day.
Speaker 1: You guys. And you said you got it in touch with him through Trent Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry I came. I mean I came down here on a whim. And I said, Trick came.
Speaker 1: Down here on a whim. Why but because like, hey, come train with me.
Speaker 2: Uh so after my rookie season. Uh we obviously didn't go to the playoffs a year, but we should if we would have gotten and that would have been hot that year that Jimmy G was five, and oh we were hot. Beat the Titans, beat the you Axonville Jaguars who lost the AFT Championship. We were good at the end of the year. To start, we're really tough. We were tough. But I'm pretty sure you were in Washington that until the seventeen right, yeah, yeah, you beat the boys and then you and.
Speaker 1: Who's your guys to the quarterback for Jimmy G.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it was Hoarrior and then so Harry got bench in like the first quarter, and then CJ came in. I played really well, played really well. But then I'll never forget that game because I think it was you and Kerrigan. You did a stone cold promo after the game, and I was like, fuck, those guys are so cool.
Speaker 1: Beer more beer.
Speaker 2: So anyway, sorry, but after my rookie season, we're sitting I go home because I was gonna train at the University of Iowa because it's free, Like they have like five to six guys at NFL. Guys had trained there every year. Marshall Yanna trained there his whole career, so I was like, obviously it worked for him, Yeah, okay, it might work for me. And I sit down on my parents like I land, I go home and I'm sitting on my couch and low out the window and it's negative twenty degrees. It's snowing sideways, Like what the hell am I doing? Like I don't want to live in Iowa, Like I don't. I love Iowa, don't get me wrong, but winter sucks. It does. Winter sucks and been negative twenty degrees for like three weeks in a row. That's not fun, Like it's I don't want to wear three layers of sweatpants, a T shirt, a hoodie, a jacket, and then a car hot on top of it. Like I don't want to wear that every single day. I want to wear shorts and T shirt Like that's what I want to wear. And so I looked at my girlfriend now wife Claire, and I was like, let's go somewhere different. And I had CJ. Bethorton Nashville, Trent Taylor and Nashville. They both in the Niners. Like I was like, hey, do you like your trainers down there? And Show's like I got a great speed guy. And then my old teammate Josh is not my strength coach. I think he does really good job. I was like, fuck it, let's go. And so I got an airbnb in East Nashville and with Claire and our new puppy, Deanie, who's she's a queen. She's the best. And I just fell in love with this guy and you, Josh. They both held me out tremendously for five years. It's been awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that m Now there's like a little vibe I feel like in Nashville. Man.
Speaker 2: I got Robbie t here, I got TJ, we got the boys.
Speaker 1: Are here.
Speaker 2: Dog, you're here too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're here too. Were we're here?
Speaker 2: You were here though, Orion? When did you move here?
Speaker 1: Man? We moved here in two thousand. I was here in twenty eighteen for the season and then we stayed in the office. So twenty nineteen, Oh cool, So I was here. I'm more Nashville than the boy himself. That's crazy. When did you get here twenty eighteen? Yeah, eighteen, that's when I just first time with the Titans.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I learned something today. I thought you were here longer than that. No, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I do love it here though. Nation's fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: It's such a fantastic city. This is my favorite thing about it. One of my favorite things is it's an incredible city. But I love it because I love to hang out with my friends. And a lot of my friends are in Iowa or you know, different, like my teammates and are in different states and stuff like that. But Nashville one, it's a desirable location to visit because it's Nashville, Tennessee. You got Broadway, you have the preds.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at Josh so he had to take off, man, Josh had take off. It is a little stuff in the bus.
Speaker 2: It is definitely if you were hungover right now, check that. Yeah, it's tough, but like, so people want to come to this. So like when I tell my college guys, hey, come to Nashville and hang out with me for the weekend because it's easier for them to come to me than me to go places, They're like, oh yeah, dude, for sure, I'll just make a week trip out of it. Sick the only like I do that all the time with my friends, and so like I want to I love that about Nashville because people want to be here all the time, and also like they come for like, uh, let's just say I have family come down. They might spend two days on Broadway and then come see me for one and that's awesome too, and I there's just there's things to do here right before.
Speaker 1: You don't have to sit there and host them more like, no, anybody's hand the entire time while they're here.
Speaker 2: No, go to Broadway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit the Broadway. Uh, Jeremy, before we get off this one, where can people find you? Is it sliding your DMS?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm terrible at texting.
Speaker 2: Jeremy response A Jeremy, how many text you got right now on your phone?
Speaker 4: I left my phone there? Twenty five hundred though probably that's serious. Yeah, no fuck around.
Speaker 2: Oh he has twenty five hundred messages on his phone. The only way I I just called Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, we gotta text from twenty eighteen people. I should respond to those.
Speaker 2: That's what the money people find you get a hold of you.
Speaker 1: Uh, text my wife. Well, this is the moment where you start to promote your store right now, to promote like your Instagram, everyable brag, Humble puck like, I'm not giving her a number out like that? Right? No, no, no, no, you don't give you what's your meaning?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: You could have some young athletes that like maybe a parents listen, they're like, oh, I want to put so and so on on you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I got you. I can give you my I can.
Speaker 1: Give you the I G, I can give you the d M. But no, I don't respond. It's not because I don't like you.
Speaker 2: What's I'm not trying to say that, I'm just what's your ig though?
Speaker 1: J Hoole underscore athlete.
Speaker 2: Yes see there it is. What's the brand?
Speaker 4: He So, if you're looking for me, if you're looking for getting better, faster, quicker, stronger in any way shape or form Twitter, j hold on a score athlete Instagram under Jay hold unscore athlete, that's where you can find me.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Damn that was bad. That's all right, you got to do Maybe we can cut out some of the noise. But I'm sitting here like this is like like hey you run it.
Speaker 2: This is a This is like this is like hey George, you know how come how come tighten?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Is doing what it is doing? This, You're like, who's helping you put on tighten you? Well, first off, you know Sharman. Sharman's helping us out of Tom because you know what Sharman loves its tight ends. Sharman loves covering your backside. So obviously they want to work with tight End University. And then you're gonna go, well, you know, tight ends, they got to have their backside covered, So why not throwing some Levi's jeans, right, Because now Levi's is a sponsor too. And you know you saw my, my bad, my, my awesome car out there. I had to get some Bridgetone tires for that bad boy. You shout out bridgewn you know, for hanging out with the boys too, And you know what's better than hanging on, you know, hanging out in Nashville, Tennessee. Then with some crispy bud Lights. Shout out bud Light. Thanks for the sponsorship. Now I got my four big sponsors out there. That's how you plug a sponsor. And that's all we're trying to do with you, Jay.
Speaker 1: And if a tight End was to find tight End University and potentially participate, whether you're in college or a NFL or would they find tighten.
Speaker 2: University Instagram er at te underscore University? You are? Are you going to always hit up me? My marketing team at Rubicon's Sports. You know the cool thing about tightening this year, I kind of talked about it. We have like eighty five plus guys U fun fact too. I got to keep shouting this out. Mark Andrews, good guy. Mark Andrews can't come to tighten you, but he flew his rookie down so he could come to tight end you.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: I know. I was like, good for you. I was like, they Mark, good on you dog, What a nice guy, What a nice guy? You raven you. But my goal is and I kind of just and you guys can tell me if I'm wrong. And this is my market team actually has no idea about this either, and they helped me put the whole thing on so they could be like, hey, George, maybe you don't announce that to the public yet, but this is this is like down the line hopefully next year what I want to do. Because I was talking to a couple guys and I was like, you know, do you ever like hear guys that are like in middle school and high school? I want to play tight end. Not really no, Like I was a free safety wide receiver in high school. Like I didn't. I had three snaps of tight end my entire career of high school. So then I was like, well, because not a lot of guys want to play it, how many good tight end coaches are there in high school? And you know, if high school coaches, nothing against you, but like, not a lot of you guys have the experience of you know, tight end university of guys that have played in the league for ten plus years. I've been playing tight end for the last what's six plus, I'm going on year twelve of playing a tight end, Like, so I have a little bit of experience. But so my goal is hopefully I can bring like maybe some college and tight end high school football coaches to tight end you next year and have them sit in on meetings and learn how to coach and learn how to coach it the right way. And I think that'll be really cool because then you'll see kids in high school that actually know how to play tight end that can then take steps forward and they'll be better in college because like, dude, I was a blank page in college. I knew nothing about tight end. They said, hey, if you don't learn how to run block, you'll never play a snap in your life. I said, okay, sure they didn't. I'd never No one taught me a route, no one taught me anything. They're just like, go run block. And it took me a while and then they ended up coaching me, and like that was just more of a I got thousands of nine on seven reps over my course of my career and that's why I am who I am today. But like, like there's just you need guys at younger stages to coach these kids. And so that's what my goal is to bring like coaches to tight end you. And I think that'd be really cool. Coaches and tight ends.
Speaker 1: M I love them, And you are doing something really cool with this tight end.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's gonna be sick. You're gonna have kids that. Like I want kids to say, you know what I want to be, Like, I want to be Greg Ols when I grow up. I want to be Travis Kels when I grow up. I want to Gronk when grow up. I want to be George Kill when I grow up. Yeah, for sure, I'm not going to always see my name first that's tough. I want to be Rob Tenny when I grow up. I want to be t J. Hawket like I want kids to be like. I want to be a tight end because it's the coolest positions fucking football because you got to do everything that and no one else gets to do it. You gotta throw the ball. Hey, you threw a touchdown on the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You know. All these guys make it look really fun and really cool.
Speaker 2: Oh do it so much fun? And the cool thing about tight end, dude, everybody actually has everyone's best interest in mine, like it is a brotherhood. It really is, like because we all deal with the same shit every day. You got the block guys that are bigger than you, You have the outrun guys that are smaller and faster than you, and you gotta have a fun time doing it. And that's just what being a tight end is all about. And so like every titand experience is the same thing. And that's why tighten you work so well because everyone's actually like, no, I can't wait to go listen to Travis Kelsey talk about leverage of safeties on him and why he breaks out the way he breaks out. I can't wait to hear about it, because you learn a little bit every single time you listen to somebody's talk. What jeice me up?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Hey? An shot out?
Speaker 1: You know, opposition on my my player?
Speaker 2: Dude? Hey, and you gonna can I get a couple of routes and on Thursday? Oh for sure, dude, you gotta sign a waiver though, Okay, when you can jump in a couple of those reels, if you pull a handy, I ain't liable for it.
Speaker 1: Dog brother, I am.
Speaker 2: In shape.
Speaker 1: Hang on now, we talked about number one. I am in shape. However, I watched, uh, I watched got motivated by one of Michael Chandler's work Out of the Day videos. Oh was a gangster. He is this in my back Last Tuesday said look through the hurdle offs. I did the med ball toss one of the side. You can't five reps, jog over to the hurdles. Jump over the hurdles. Now, I push your power for twenty yards, do like five rounds. Wrestlement it in between, perfect second set over the third hurdle, over the hurdles. Yeah, slipped it. Oh three right now? I mean when I get up, it's gonna it's gonna it's gonna hurt we My ass eye is pretty fucked up from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well you know we can.
Speaker 1: I will sign the waivers so that way you're not liable for me.
Speaker 2: Hey, side note, a tighten you I have on give me a sec I got one, two, three, four. I think I have like fourteen physical therapists coming to tight and need to work on tight ends or hey coming, hoy and horay.
Speaker 1: That's what I need to see. That's why I need to see the boy.
Speaker 2: The boy Jorge works at Resilient. He is the Resilient Health and Performance. It's in Brentwood, Tennessee. I do all my rehab and recovery there. Everything is with him. He's a g uh well, I mean his name is Poorgey. I'm Jorge, He's George. I'm George. Obviously he's a cool guy. But his whole team's coming up. I'm flying in two of my favorite specialists from uh California that I worked with twenty four like during the season, acupuncturist and a fascist specialist. And I got everything, dog, you got it all, bro, I do love it.
Speaker 1: And Jorgey is a beast. I got popped Miami last year, and he had me ready to go on the celebrity softball game in eight days. You know what I'm saying. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Hey, we know and we won the game.
Speaker 1: Hey, that shit was a little tight tho when I was running for them flat balls.
Speaker 2: But I was right.
Speaker 1: He got Jorgey got me right.
Speaker 2: He's good at what he does, he really is.
Speaker 1: Do we have anything else? Boys?
Speaker 2: You want to do an exit or anything like that? What do you need to need to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, you can send us off bus and WTB. Subscribe to the boys, we say, busting WTB. That is our social media Yeah, yeah, I know that Busting with the Boys. We got YouTube, Apple, Spotify, that's where you find us. Subscribe to all this stuff. But yeah, get us a sendof brother.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, first off, everybody, thank you for listening to Busting with the Boys with the wonderful Will Compton co host George Kittle, that's me and our guest Josh Allen and Jeremy Holt. You can find us on all social media platforms at Busting WTB. Find us on YouTube. You go to watch us here live interacting, having fun, watch Josh get off the bus or you can find us on Instagram, Twitter. You want to listen to the podcast, man, go to Spotify, go to iTunes, whatever it is that you listen to your podcast with, go find us. It's gonna be a really good episode. We're gonna have a hell of a time and shout out to tighten you because it's this baby.
Speaker 1: Will we get to see. Well the fans can they count on maybe seeing a little bit more George Kittole this summer on Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, Will has my number out for to come on three times last year and he's like, you know, the bus is the schedule is too full, buddy, I'm here, dog, I'm here all right. Cool, it's only it's like a thirty minute drive for me. That's easy. Yeah, we get a little co hosting. Are you ever gonna come lift at the barn?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 2: When when you told me you're gonna come lift at the barn, you never did.
Speaker 1: That's not true. You were telling me to come out there, And there's a part of me I didn't want to disrespect you.
Speaker 2: Are you the boy? Are you the boy?
Speaker 1: I'm the boy. But it's one of those things where you know, they're not in a culture that you guys have, and like I don't want to cut like.
Speaker 2: If are you not are you not good? Are you not good? Culture? Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm great culture. I'm all camaraderie, baby. Fine. But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: Like, NFL. It's an NFL off season, dude, I'm gonna let me talk. No, I'm not gonna let you talk.
Speaker 1: It's right here on the.
Speaker 2: Bus with me, dude. True, because I know you're gonna say it's like, oh, like I'm gonna have stuff come up. I'm not gonna be able to be there consistently. I'm gonna show up like one day a week, maybe two days a week. It's an NFL off season, dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know, like I'm you, you got a culture around you. Like I'm not trying to just come in banter, lift hard with the boys and then everybody's like, yo, where's combat? You know what it is? And then you just pop in whenever you want. I want to take advantage which.
Speaker 2: Boys got going on? Boys busy, dog, you don't take advantage anxiety. You can pay me, pay me, it's all right. You can pay me to work out the barn. I appreciate that it's on the waiver the breath out there. I will get out there. I do want to get out there. I would actually love to do a podcast out in the barn. Oh yeah, dude, come on out. We record a hit and post podcast out there sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I am a fan of that stuff. I follow the Monday motivations. Those are mindful Mondays. Those are good brush sister.
Speaker 1: You you guys all crush that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good time, m all right, hey big.
Speaker 1: Uh oh yeah. Check out our summer merchandise. You can go to our store stored up barstool sports dot com. Click on brands, scroll down just a little bit. We're in the bees the alphabetical order, busting with the boys, and you will have all of our merchandise that you need, our new swim trunks, Hawaiian shirts. You are seeing me in this fourth of July t right now. It's all Americans, screams of America. Do you want one of these? George?
Speaker 2: I do, But like right before the show, will Larry say he's gonna take it off his body and give that one to me because that's the one I wanted.
Speaker 1: You might not want this one. Now because it is super sweaty.
Speaker 2: Brother have a washing machine.
Speaker 1: But for the July tees, Tanks Crew Next. For the love of guy, we got Crew Next in the summertime, but I think they will pay off in the wintertime. All of our new summer mercheres out now. Go check it out again store ot barsceol sports dot com, click on brands, scroll down, hit Busting with the boys. Big ugs, tiny kisses. We love you, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Be a fucking wolf.
Speaker 1: Wo