Speaker 1: Darius Slay since A J. Brown is the best receiver in the NFL. He went on Richard Sherman's podcast to explain why. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 2: That everybody on that list is from top four. It's mostly schemed open for me as this is a dB. I've done seen Chase line up in the back for I see justin line up in the backfield.
Speaker 3: I've seen Tyree be getting in three.
Speaker 2: Point, says Bot, the damn tackle guard and be motion across that. All I see is Aged doing is lining. Come see about me if you want to see by me, I'm over here. You know where I'm at. I'm not finish in this backfield. I'm not motion out of that and getting it, getting isolated on the line back or none of that.
Speaker 3: I'm coming to see your best dude to make your best dude look like.
Speaker 2: That's ther worst dude. He don't run from no smoke. So people having him at five. And then people want to talk about the quarterback play. All these guys got like real deal, like professional, like pro pole type of quarterbacks. They always say hurts this and hurts that. Out of all of them with it come down to his passing. But like I say, Hurst through the best D ball and guess what, A J. Brown most likely the best at catching.
Speaker 4: That D ball.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like what he said. I like what he said we don't have to. But I disagree with him in which part talk to me. Let me let you go first.
Speaker 1: Chase, ain't no scheme guy, justin Jefferson, Ain't no scheme guy, Tyreek, Ain't no scheme. Absolutely not because their guy, because their ocs are created.
Speaker 3: Bingo. I'm glad you said it. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: It ain't my fault that that AJ doesn't have a creative.
Speaker 3: O' sn but he doesn't have to. But he doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't get to win the Triple Crown and be a scheme. You don't have eighteen hundred receiving yards in scheme. You that guy? You that guy? And when you that guy, you're that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I disagree.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that AJ is is a isn't a good great receiver however you want to, however you want to categorize it.
Speaker 4: But I disagree with Slay on that part.
Speaker 1: That Chase, and and and and and and and and and Jetta and and Rieke are They're not.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 3: I disagree as well well. But Darius has to understand is when you have those players that are in your top five at the receiver position, A J. Brown is in a position where they have so many other weapons where you don't have to be creative over there because you have a skilled player in a J. Brown. That is no different than having a Marvin Harrison. Chat. Listen to me closely. I'm not saying a J. Brown is Marvin Harrison. When Marvin Harrison lined up on what side he was gonna be on the right, it's on the right. He ain't going the well.
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 3: Brown just happened to have that same skill set, that same dog in him and that DNA DNA and him where he knows he can line up and he can get out. I call it getting out the mud. You call them play the officer cord. They don't got to worry about you. I just know Jayleen Hurst could be blindfolded, call the play, slant route, curl out, whatever it may be, and he knows exactly where a J. Brown will be at and he can get it out the mud when it comes to Justin Jefferson, Uh, Jamar Chase and some of these other receivers. Sometimes you have to get creative in order to get them the ball. Why because they're gonna roll covers to him every time if you keep him in the time. They You can't do that over there in Philly because you got that gangster in the back in the backfield where you got to drop that fucking safety down in the.
Speaker 4: Box, right mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But Justin Jefferson, you can line him up on this on on on the left side of the right side and say we need to get open the rest of the game. You can do tomorrow like that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My job, my job as the O c OHO is to not let your job be easy, because if I just line him up there, I'll.
Speaker 3: Make your job easy. Yeah, roll the coverage, find out where he is, and just rolling in and that's it.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make you find my guy. But there are guys you can scheme and you still can't get them open. Chase, chase him, jettle him. That's why on most everybody's list, when you see receivers come out there one he's one two And even though had a bad year and that's Look, and I'm not saying because I like a AJ is a big, physical receiver. Uh, he's gonna catch the ball in traffic. He's tremendous run after the catch is he can catch the deep ball. And sometimes he gets frustrated because he's not involved as soon as he thinks he should be or as much as he should be, and he has lapses sometimes. But he's phenomenal. But that's why I disagree with Slack. I get what he says. He's like, look, the guy just lives up on one side, and he said, Okay, come see me. But with that being said, even if Chase is not lining up on the same side, he still saying, you still got to come see me. Whether I'm in the slot, whether I'm on the right, whether I'm on the left, you still got to deal with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there are a few players like that too long. There are a few players if we were just playing basic football and saying, okay, we're breaking the huddle I formation and you just line up on the same side every single time and the defense knows exactly who you're going to be. There are a few players, maybe maybe eight or seven of them, that can say you know what, I'm leaving you on that island and you're just gonna have to get open. That can actually do it, And it makes the Office of Coordinating job easy when you have those type of players. It ain't that many of them at receiver. Everyone else. We have to get then splits, you have to put them in motion, you have to do all these things to get them open. Everybody can't get out there and just get out, get out, get it out the muscle.
Speaker 4: It ain't right.
Speaker 3: It's very, very difficult.
Speaker 1: It is, But y'all doing them a disservice if everybody knows where he is. Look here, they ran stunts with lt They ran stunts with Reggie Bruce. That don't mean they couldn't do it. But I'm not trying to just say, let's try to make their job easier. Yeah, So, like I said, I get what Slave's trying to say. He's like, look, just imagine had if they moved him around.
Speaker 4: Just imagine, you know.
Speaker 1: Instead of just lining up as the ex he lined up, you know, they put him in the slot and they did different things with him.
Speaker 4: They stacked him so forth and so on.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, but Jamar Chase is not a scheme receiver, need this Jetta, need this Tyrek.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know the other other guys that were in the top.
Speaker 1: I think they had AJ so I don't know if it was a Pool Cub or if it was Nico Copp Yeah, CD lamb. Well see CD is mainly plays in the slot. He can't go outside, but he's mainly in the slot.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about those top five you just named is you could put you can you can switch the team, put a j and Cincinnati. You can put Chase in Philly. I can't hear you give me. Oh there you go. You're back, You're back. I'm blurry, you can see me.
Speaker 4: No, I'm looking at me? Did my life? Yeah? Yeah, okay now yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea, yeah yeah. I say, all all those players we talk about like they interchangeable. You can put them on any team and they're gonna be productive. They're gonna be producting no matter what. At You can put Tyrek in Philly, tyrekn Tyreek can mind me Tyreek, and Cincinnati, Tyrek in Dallas, or just put it in it. They're all gonna be able to get open. All of them. Now, once you get out that top seven or eight or ten. Now we need to look. We need not even a change, not not not look.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that, uh, you know, Chase was one, JJ, Jedda was too Reek, three, CD was four. AJ was five. I'm and Rod Saint Brown, Malik Neighbors.
Speaker 3: Boys nat but the boy is nasty boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think Nico Collins cracked the top ten.
Speaker 3: Nasty good.
Speaker 1: Mike evitts oh no, Garrett, Yeah, Nico was eight. Mike Evans and Garrett Willis.
Speaker 3: Was another one. Get you get you get you at the muscle can line up and get It's only it's so funny. It's only a few of them. As many receivers as there are in the NFL, it's only a few. I'm leaving you out here. I call it. I call the receivers that the office of Coordinator don't have to worry about you. Make my job easy because I can do everything, I can do more with my offense because I know you could take care of your business. I ain't got to worry about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is that when you leave a receiver in one position, now you let them set the defense and they can like, okay, do We're gonna roll the coverage here. Now find me catch him if you can find me. I'm playing hide and seek. I'm in the slot. I might motion out of the backfield. I might mind up at Z, I might line up an x Ain't no tell him hey, the slot, the wing, whatever, you know, if.
Speaker 3: You know what, you know what a good point too, what Darius Slay just said. Now you get better understanding of why AJ was frustrated last.
Speaker 4: Year because yeah, well I knew what.
Speaker 3: It wasn't no creativity. There wasn't no creativity. You leave me on one side and allow them to defense to dictate what we want to do. Why Because they allowed jayalen Hurst to play in the play into the confines of that offense and not do anything extra outside of that where if they're gonna let you catch the ball, it got to be one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah I knew why. Everybody knew why, and they tried to dress it up. Jayalen Hurst were throwing for one hundred and twenty yards. You're not gonna win the championship with that. And you and he got better and better, and you see, go look at his playoff numbers. They got better and better and in the Super Bowl he was insational. Every time he got one on one, he made him play for. Every he made him play for. Every time they gave him one on one, he made him pay because spags were not gonna he was not going to let.
Speaker 4: One be there.
Speaker 1: He neutralized one. But in the process of that, he left his corners on an island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he saw what happened. And matter of fact, I'm let me I'm gonna I'm gonna just throw this out there too. My honorable mentions as well. They've given you a small symb size on what they can do when tank Tale comes, When Tankdale comes back and he's healthy. Yeah, he ain't come back this year. I don't think he come back this year. A young bull over there in Baltimore. They flowers flowers. That's another one.
Speaker 4: Brian Thomas Junior should have been Tomas Jr.
Speaker 3: Another one. We see them Malie Neighbors, right, yeah, well he on the list. Oh yeah, okay, okay oo yeah he number seven. Yeah. I don't have all the NFL tames in front of me. I'm just going off the top of my head based on on skill setting.
Speaker 1: I mean, you still got d K, you got George Pickens. You got Higgins oh t Yeah, yeah, you got Judy.
Speaker 3: You know Judy belonging that conversation.
Speaker 4: So yeah, m hmm. Let's see, you got lad McConkie, Ladder.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you think about the only really I mean, I'm and rad and and and and CD were really the only the only slot.
Speaker 3: See, that's that's what That's what I don't like. The number, the number, the number of people that belong in the conversation. Some people get left out that are just as consistent as Aman Ross Saint Brown or CD lamb lamb. McConkie stay open. I think say Flowers, he stay open in that slot. I mean, but that's another conversation for another day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, when you have a top ten, obviously you gotta leave somebody out cause you only got ten slots. They like, give me ten best rappers, Well, somebody gonna get left out because they're a thousand rappers past the present. Okay, give me your ten best R and B singers, Well you're gonna leave somebody out if you Okay, give me your fifty best you know women, R and B singers, somebody's gonna get left out.
Speaker 4: You only got ten slots, so and.
Speaker 1: You have to be okay, good lot man, you know, bro, It is what it is, and people gotta understand that that don't mean and you might make somebody else's list and not, you know, not someone else's but oh Joe. During Cowboys training camp, fans have been shouting at shouting at Jerry and Stephen Jones. Pay Michaeh pay Micah. Steven spoke to reporters. Somebody said, it doesn't change anything. We want to pay Michael too. He's gotta want to be paid.
Speaker 3: I don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Jerry also keeps calling Michaeh Michael Parsons, what you mean got He want to get paid, but he don't want to pay it. He don't want y'all to pay what y'all want to pay him, because see, y'all think y'all will pay him at a discount, and he already told you that it's gonna happen. The discount was two years ago. It ain't now because that was before you let Max Crosby reset the market. That was before you let the nail hunter reset the market. That was before you let Miles Garrett reset the market. And that you let TJ. Watt reset it again. That was before all of that. Now I don't know what y'all talking. We're at forty two and a half. I don't know what well, I don't know what you're talking. I want to get paid.
Speaker 3: As matter of fact, since you keep talking trash in the media and the news and you're not calling me by my right name, make it forty three for a good measure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what my mama named me, Michael, Call me Michael. You call me Michael to any time. Forty four And as a matter of fact, since since Stephen came out and said, oh, Michael gotta want to be Michael gotta want to.
Speaker 4: Be paid forty five lying on me. He lied on me.
Speaker 1: That man want to be paid, but he ain't gonna let y'all pay what y'all want to pay it. Y'all always wait till the last minute. Oh y'all, look, here's the thing. I promise you. It is cheaper to get your car service that it is to get it repaired.
Speaker 4: Listen, whatever else.
Speaker 3: It's Sunday, come on, come on past them.
Speaker 1: It's easy to get your car service that it is to get it repaired. Now, the choice is yours.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Michael.
Speaker 1: You could have you could have serviced Michael. Now you gotta repair him, which means you gotta make him home.
Speaker 3: Well, if I had a if I had a collection, I passed it around.
Speaker 1: And that's the Oh Joe, that's how it works. The longer you let something go, the more it's gonna cost. The price is not coming down on Michael. Did you think the prices was coming down on Michael Parsons? The guy's a he won Defensive Rookie of the Year. He's a three time first team All Pro. Now he didn't make I don't think he made All Pro last year first team, but.
Speaker 3: He's a pro.
Speaker 4: He's been to the Pro Bowl every single year. The price is only going.
Speaker 3: Up because listen, I gotta get that Penning pack because that was that was a bar. Give hey, bring hey, bring that. Bring that. I gotta use that in my next argument. Hey give me that line one more time.
Speaker 4: Is easy to get your car service that it is repaired?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know the context and when I'm gonna be able to use it, but I'm gonna use that.
Speaker 1: Oh you been able to use it and that's the thing. The man has been asking for a contract. But what did Jared like to do? Wait until the umpteenth hour. He waited until the umpteenth hour, and then wonder why Dak cracked him over his head both times? Dak hit him on his head both times. Dack with sixty I mean forty did he went to sixty? That say said, y'all make him wait gain what's gonna call your nacktime, Sidney m hm, dang, Because clearly, y'all they've been telling people for the longest. We like Cooper Rush. We like Cooper Rush. Really, y'all like Cooper Rush.
Speaker 3: Huh, y'all should have put him in play games if you want to.
Speaker 1: Y'all should If y'all like Cooper, if you like Cooper Rush as much as you say you did, you would have never gave that sixty million.
Speaker 3: Hey, just they just talking on you. You understand who the type of caliber quarterback that can carry your team or at least give you a chance to win.
Speaker 1: And Dark knew from the moment that Cooper Rush was a free agent and not one person bit Dak sai, y'all y'all stuck like chuck.
Speaker 3: But you know you know, the iron the sky don't lie all no, all thirty one. Other teams they see film too. They get to see film too.
Speaker 4: They do. You can see they do.
Speaker 3: You listen as as owners and the GM and managers. You can say what you want to verbally, but when you turn the film on, if it don't match and it don't align on what you said about a player, they not going for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And every once in a while, O yoe, you can go into the draft and you will find a You get a Russell Wilson in the third round, you'll get a Dak Prescott in the fourth round. You're never gonna get another Tom Brady in the sixth round. So stop looking. Stop looking. That was that was the whole that when you found the whope dying. Yeah, so stop looking. But you sometimes you can. You will be able to find you a really good quarterback that's not a first round draft pick or not a high draft pick. But without that guy in today's game and the way the game is set up today, the way they've handicapped the defense and the way they've propped up the offense.
Speaker 3: Without that guy, you ain't winning. Now, You're not. You're just not.
Speaker 1: You can't play defense good enough, not today to overcome inadequate quarterback playing correct era.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. Listen, it can work. It can work during our era, worked through that era. You play defense and have a decent quarterback that does decent quarterback, nice running game. No disrespect the Bears when they played the Colts in the Super Bowl. The identity for that Bears team was what their defense. Yes, no disrespect the rec Grossman, No, no disrespect.
Speaker 4: But he was Rex Grossman going against Peyton Manning oh Man.
Speaker 3: But that defense was unbelievable that year.
Speaker 1: And and the thing what happened, It started raining. But if you go back and look, the Coats almost ran for two hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Joseph, I right, Joseph.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Joseph and die and the uh what was the other guy name? I forget his name, O Joe. But they had a two headed monster. That was that was That was the difference in the game. But in today's game, the way the way they played today, the way the rules are set.
Speaker 3: Up today, you got to you got to. You got to.
Speaker 1: And I don't I don't know what Jared's waiting on. Maybe he thinks the price is gonna you know, the bottom is gonna.
Speaker 3: Drop out of this. It ain't.
Speaker 1: You mess around and let him have twenty sacks? What you're gonna do and now you're gonna get you over the here for fifty blues.
Speaker 3: How about what if he just plays it out and go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: But see, see again, that's where the nfl PA should have come in because you got two franchise tags.
Speaker 4: Damn so theory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you see there you go prime example of why I should be appointed the director of the nfl PA, because that's that's one of the things I'm getting out. Franchise tag. Okay, they got to go guarantee. Let's implement. Let's implement guarantee contracts. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: I want no franchise tag.
Speaker 3: I want help.
Speaker 4: I want lifetime help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, now, come on now you think, man, listen, I might, I might joke and laugh, but when it comes to business and I put a suit in town, it's it's a whole different ball game.
Speaker 1: Well, they definitely need somebody that that that's that shrewd understands the aspect of it, knowing that what was headed down what's headed down the track.
Speaker 3: In the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: And then you know you're reading all this stuff about there might be some some criminality involved with this. It's just not it's it's not a good look for the n f l p A. Now kind of you kind of understand kind of what it's been. It's been lacking proper representation for lack of a better for lack of a better word, o jo. It's just hopefully, I hope, because look, you and I don't benefit from it anything any anything, But I just want the I want the players that's now and the ones that's gonna be coming in, I want them to get the maximum bang for the buck.
Speaker 3: There's only there's only one person that can do that for him. There's only one person and that that that will not only represent the players, but will represent the nfl p A. That's me. I'm gonna put my name in the hat. Don't worry about that. You canna put your name in and put my name in had most definitely, most definitely I mean who who?
Speaker 4: Who better? Who better? Come on?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you ain't been keeping up or you hain't been keeping up on things? Keeping up?
Speaker 3: I do my homework now, don't don't don't let it look a few laughs and little jokes, you know, throw you off your game. You know, I just I'm i'm, i'm, I'm, I'm I'm hip. My eyes, my eyes can see, my ears, can heal, my th, I can smell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want Michael to get paid.
Speaker 3: Now you get paid. I don't like the fact that they're allowing all these days to go by and he's not practicing, and when he does get paid, he's going from zero to a huntred. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully doesn't have any you know, knocking with him, have any because you know what normally happens soft tissue is yes.
Speaker 3: Because the body, the body has to get used to the pushing, the pulling, the tugging, the ripping, the just ah, man makes no sense.
Speaker 4: It doesn't. It doesn't because I mean, if I'm Mike, I'm thinking, like, Bro, what do I have to do?
Speaker 3: Man? I've done everything right.
Speaker 1: All pro I've been to the Pro Bowl every year. I've had double digit sacks every year. I've done everything that you've asked me to be. I've been a model citizen. As far as we know, he hadn't run a file, hadn't been any trouble off the field. I've done everything that you've asked. I've been a model citizen. I've been a great representation representation for this ball club. And now it's my turn. It is my turn. You know, Dak had his turn, Ceed had his turn, Trayvon Diggs had his turn, still had his turn. It now is my turn. At some point in time, Jared, you got to be ahead of the curve. You always fall behind the curve, and that's why you gotta pay so much.
Speaker 4: You falling behind the curve.
Speaker 1: You either oh Joe, you either you either head of the curve or you're in the curve. Because if you fall behind it, you behind. Now you gotta pay extra catch up.
Speaker 3: This is a problem when someone doesn't see anything wrong with the way they do things, there's no reason to change. There's no reason to change. If I did it to everybody else, what makes Micah any different. I did it that. I did it to see that Ceed Lamb. I did it the others in the past, long before these players were even born. I've been doing it my way for a very long time. I'm not yeah now for what because winning is not my ultimate goal. It's making a profit and continue to remain the most profitable franchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but I mean, look, you let one of your greatest defensive players go for nothing de Marcus where because you thought he was done. All he did was go to the help to win and play and play at an all problem and play at an all pro level until he was done. So clearly, are you doing something right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just like I said, you know, it's tough, but I mean you miss miss miscalling the guy's name.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's just been there five years. That's all on purpose.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's doing it on I don't think he's doing it on purpose. Man, jered, Oh, he ain't.
Speaker 3: That old not to know his star player's name on defense.
Speaker 1: Man, You know the mold people be called man. My grandma ain't never called me by my real name. My granddad he gave my brother names Faky because he couldn't say Sterling, so he gave the name he could a fpanky.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Now I mean to bla like I said, maybe it's I mean Michael, Michael. It's never been Michael. It's been Michael. Everybody knows the man.
Speaker 3: What if what if Michael is short for Michael and we didn't even know that.
Speaker 4: I think his name is Michael.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I'm just I'm just, I'm just.
Speaker 1: And no, Now, normally Mike is short for Mia, not michaeh right, but they maybe they'll let's let you know what, don't you know? We we got Google? Maybe yeah, you might.
Speaker 4: I mean he ain't mentioned, I ain't never heard him see.
Speaker 3: It that we might want to fact check back because nobody knew Chad was short for Chadwick. Michael Aaron Parsons. Hey, his middle name Aaron.
Speaker 4: Because what I just said, Yes.
Speaker 3: Listen, his mama nam him Aaron. I'm calling him Aaron from nine from now on.
Speaker 4: And he just turned twenty six years of age and may okay, so yeah, I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 3: Oh show.
Speaker 1: The Buccaneers will not allow undrafted Fridge and d Liman Desmond Watching the practice until he gets in better shape and reaches an undisclosed weight goal. Watching weighed four hundred and sixty four pounds at his pro day earlier this offseason and has lost nearly thirty pounds since joining the team, but he needs to lose more.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing, especially in that Florida heat. I understand it. Yeah, I understand they're like, you ain't finn kill a lover one up, But also remember you played right in Gainesville, right down the street. He ain't played that far away. So I'm sure he's used to the heat. But I think him he used to run it like this. Oh yeah, it's different. It's different. I think he or they understand that he will be able to perform better at his position at a smaller weight and not a lot. Yeah, to get out there and practice until he sees fit, until they see fit him being ready. Have a question, he's four hundred pounds right now. How much do you think would be the vlwaight?
Speaker 1: No, he ain't four hundred pounds. He's four thirty four right now.
Speaker 3: Oh shit.
Speaker 1: He was forcing when he started at he was almost five hundred with I think he would he got to Florida. He weighed four sixty four at his pro date. I think he's four thirty four current. I can see them warning him somewhere between four and four fifteen.
Speaker 3: What do you think Gilbel Brown wore wade when he played probably three eighty.
Speaker 4: But this.
Speaker 1: Washington is tall. Washington likes six six four six five maybe six.
Speaker 3: He that tall. Yeah, I think so damn quick what his short they air quickness. He real quick with it. Hey boy, when he get out on that field and they got him and Vita bea together in the in the e in the a gap.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, he's six six.
Speaker 3: What yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I told you he tall? Yeah, you are a big yes, and so you Hey, the taller. That's why Gilbert. You know, Gilbert was probably three seventy three eighty because Gilbert probably six to two, my man, sixty six. Do you know how much weight the high you stacked something the heavier can get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn, I ain't know he was that tall. He looked shorty he was at Florida.
Speaker 1: He looked short because he's so big, six six six six.
Speaker 3: Well, ain't nobody gonna be able to run the ball boy, vitaveya in him and that guy damn a gap mm hmm man, damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I but I think just for general general help purpose.
Speaker 3: Right right right, right right, he gotta get down understandable. He's gonna be a force to get out there. Though I know that.
Speaker 1: I hope so ojo, I'm I'm pulling a young fella. I'm pulling for it, you know, to come in at almost five hundred pounds to get a scholarship, to get his get down to four sixty four. Now he's probably down the four thirty four. I mean, people don't understand, but that's still a big ass man. Four hundred pounds. Let that sink it. He four hundred pounds and he has like he ain't just sitting around just eating eating Now, yes, and he gonna he he's only gonna get so smart. He's six y six, and he's always gonna have this problem, ojo, because his body knows, hell, I carried five hundred, so I can do it again. So he's always gonna have to fight that battle of his body going back to where it was comfortable. His body was comfortable there. And that's what I tell you when people ask me and say, well, you know, man, I want to lose it, I said, let me ask you a question. What is the weight you can get to and you don't have to kill yourself to stay at Because if you got to kill yourself, the one two days that you don't kill yourself, you going right back to it.
Speaker 4: Right, So, where can you get to.
Speaker 1: A weight that's comfortable for you that you don't have to kill yourself to maintain it. And in the process of doing that, stop saying diet because diet have start and stop dates.
Speaker 4: Say I'm embarking a lifestyle change.
Speaker 3: You got to you gotta have discipline too. There's one thing to say it and do it in the season for six months, but what's going to happen in the next six months where you're not playing. You got to be able to stick to that plan. Whatever that plan may be hard too, that's hard, especially when.
Speaker 1: You well, yes, it's hard for me to see a scenario with Desmond Watson was not always a large kid, large child, large kid, large team. He's only twenty two, yeah, so he's probably been large. He's probably It's hard for me to see a scenario where he wasn't at least a ten pound baby. Hell, I was ten pounds real, I was, Yeah, I was twelve.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I was ten pounds.
Speaker 1: So it's hard and and I'm not you know, I think I'm normal, but I'm not a normal guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm two fifty.
Speaker 1: He I weighed me by almost two hunerd pounds, so it's hard for me to believe that he weighs six seven pounds. Of the baby, and now all of a sudden he didn signed. I mean, look, it's not always, but a lot of times, big babies be big kids, be big adults. But I'm rooting for him. I'm sure hope he can. I hope he can pull this off. He can get this down. O Joe. Chargers reportedly signed Rashawn Slater four years for one hundred and fourteen million ninety two million guaranteed, making him the richest offensive lineman in NFL history. He just passed Tristan Worth, who did a deal. His twenty eight point five is three hundred and eighty thousand more than Tristan Worth. Pennay Sewell was at twenty eight million, Trent Williams at twenty seven point five five, and Christian Darresol is at twenty six million.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, where's Lane Johnson?
Speaker 4: I think Lane bout twenty five?
Speaker 3: Oh well, we know who fin the reset that market.
Speaker 4: Then they just did.
Speaker 1: But see the thing is, Lane was like, bro y'all, just get me done because they always stay ahead of the curve with Lack. Because remember they just did Lane, they just did my lott of they just did Dixon Dickerson.
Speaker 4: Dickerson aj Davante Sekwon.
Speaker 3: Jalen.
Speaker 4: Now you got that big dog coming down the pike.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah. They got to say, car, you gotta save everything they can for that one. That's that's been to break the Hey, that's that's gonna break the banking.
Speaker 1: Just like I don't know if you remember that Welcome back Carter. It was Carter, But welcome back Carter, because hey, you gotta welcome in back with open arms because in the next five years he's gonna be the dominant defensive He he could easily be the dominant defensive player in football.
Speaker 4: He has that kind of.
Speaker 3: Buildings on a year three right, this year three?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so he would get.
Speaker 3: Paid after this season with the way Howie and he could Yeah, yes, yes, damn that's dope. Lane.
Speaker 1: Lane didn't didn't didn't they just do redo Lane last year? Ash, Yes, they just redid it last year making twenty.
Speaker 3: Five Okay, okay, but he that boy.
Speaker 1: Lane, Al I don't need to be Hey, don't need to be the highest paid. Just keep me up there, Just keep me up there somewhere. Now we got money to go around. We can keep this team together and I can continue to win because man, it's easy to go out there and stay healthy and fight when I know a every week we got a chance to win this thing. But boy, these salaries are going crave. I mean, an offensive lineman making twenty eight million dawn there thirty.
Speaker 3: I got to be the blind side, please have he's a left tackle, Yes, he left. I was going to say, well, that's that's the that's the listen.
Speaker 1: Well there, well, uh, Panay, Sue and Lane are right, yeah yeah, and Slater worse. They moved Tristan to the left side because he started out as a right tackle. Obviously, that silver back Trent william he's been a ten Pro Bowls. He's been that boy for a minute. I still look. I love all these guys, I love them all, but healthy. He the best in the business. Trent, Yes, sir, yes, sir, yes, sir, absolutely with he at everybody at the absolute best. Trent, that boy, he him And I love Lane Johnson because Lane ain't nothing to play with.
Speaker 4: All these guys, I mean, that's why they make the money. They make.
Speaker 1: Tristan worst A, Penay sewell Ay, all these guys, Darren Shaw, I think Darrenshaw was injured last year.
Speaker 4: All these guys are good, but at his best heed to be played with.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbaugh says, Justin herbert biggest weakness is offensive teammates must get to his level. I see him at the level that's the highest level of the quarterback. First five season, nobody's thrown for more yards than NFL history.
Speaker 3: This is the truth. Justin Herbert's biggest weakness is.
Speaker 1: All of those that are counting on the offense, coaches, offensive live playmakers, receivers, running.
Speaker 3: Backs to get to his level. Oh yoell, you like him saying that it's a good thing. The thing listen, the players need to hear that. When you got a quarterback playing at that kind of level, we need everybody else to show up. We need everybody else to show up. And he's really talking about the skill position. Honestly, that's that's what he's calling out. I want one person. There's one person to meet now. He said.
Speaker 1: He kind that he talked to the coaches, offensive line, play baker's and receivers running ba about on office.
Speaker 3: On the field. But the people, the schemes and the extra and those that's one thing. But the people that's on that field and that green grand between them lines they got everything. Yes, one person that I highly believe that I love the death and I'm hoping this is his year and I need him to show up and show out. And that's Quentin Johnson. I need it. I need you to show up and show out and be the receiver that I know you could be so I can keep talking my ship.
Speaker 4: He had a couple of drops. I think he's been playing with drops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but listen, every team has one. The Bengals have Jamar Chase, well Anti Higgins. You know every team has one that that that player that you can count on. I need Quinn Johnson to be that guy for Justin Herbert whatever he needs. Yeah, I needed to be that guy.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think you if I ever heard a coach say that, I've never heard of coach say that, maybe not publicly, maybe behind, but.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. Harbaugh is not one of those that's that's going to shy away from what he wants to say and what he believes.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, he Now.
Speaker 3: I truly believe I'm not saying this in the meeting room. I'm saying it publicly. So you all know. I need you to show up to do the job. I need all of you to be held accountab because I'm looking at the numbers that my quarterback is putting up. But it's not.
Speaker 1: But a lot of some of those numbers that he's putting up because he's throwings early and he's behind in.
Speaker 3: The game having to catch back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all yards aren't created equal.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes we look at the stat sheets and oh, he played good. Well, you do realize the only reason he would, Bro, you can't drown me and then and then bring me back to shore and talk about man hey, And I was supposed to thank you for saving my life. Bro, it was you that capsized the boat. You put us in this spot. I think Justin Herbert is a really good quarterback. Sometimes I think he gets you know, because of the physical traits the abilities that he has. They see that big time r Mojoe. They see he can make every throw in the field, and you fall in love with that. And it's easy, and it's easy. I can see why they fall in love with it. But it's easy for you to fall in love with winning because we see a lot of I see a lot of guys have a building. They can throw the ball eighty yards? Can you make plays when you absolutely have to have them?
Speaker 4: Go back and look at the great ones. Look at Tom.
Speaker 1: What could Tom do when he needed to make a play, When he needed to make a throw?
Speaker 3: Tom did it? But hey, what wait? You heard what you just said. You said Tom did it? Yes, we need to make their throw. When he needed to make those plays, the players caught him. When Herbert has to make those plays, you got lad McConkey has showed up. Yeah, I need two more than players on that offense to show up every time consistently, right, my brother?
Speaker 4: Because I think who did play? Didn't they play?
Speaker 1: Didn't they play Houston? They played Houston in the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's the number two over there? You know the number two receiver? Who's the number two receiver in the tight end?
Speaker 4: Didn't Palmer? I think he ended up going Didn't he end up going to a Buffalo?
Speaker 3: Was nice? Yeah? I think?
Speaker 4: And then they had Johnson, you know, Quentin Johnson in there.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think who the number two is now, though I.
Speaker 4: Guess it'll be Quinn Johnson.
Speaker 1: You know, no was the number one. So what's Lamb McConkie too, because he's in the slot. That don't make what Arma Rod saying, Brown is in the slot. He number one. He did in the slot, he number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I see you, okay.
Speaker 4: And the one thing LAMB mc conkie's being consistent.
Speaker 3: O set your clock by, nasty boy, sit your clock by. He nasty with him.
Speaker 1: If look the thing about Harvard, he's old school. Uh, he got that coach he played for Cochim Berkley. He coach he played for Mike Dicker. And like my grand used to say, boy, they tell you like a t I s is.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: He ain't no.
Speaker 1: Coachhim Berkley wasn't sugar coat it. And Mike Dicker, damn sure, and sugar coatonit. So Harbard that's where he that's where he who played under he got coach Toute legender. Okay, this is what you're gonna get. He says, Hey, this guy's playing at this level. I need everybody that's playing here and here to get to hear.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, you know what that offense need to look like. Goddamn Herbert, Mike Williams and Keenan Allen.
Speaker 4: Yep, I agree. I definitely agree with that.
Speaker 1: Through four practices, Travis Hunter has been on the field in eleven on eleven and seven on seven for eighty three snaps. He spent the first two practice exclusively on O offense thirty six snaps, and played exclusively on defense the last two forty seven snaps. Early today, he broke up three passes in twenty one snaps and eleven on eleven, including the final play of practice in the red zone. Have we ever seen a player like this?
Speaker 3: No, we never seen a.
Speaker 4: Player like this.
Speaker 3: Are the other players, if given the opportunity, could have done this? Maybe may not, but if they could, they would have done it. If you would have done it, I mean we've seen We've seen. We've seen cham Bailey, We've seen Charles Woodson, but not to this magnitude.
Speaker 1: You know who played at a high level on both sides of the ball, and people don't forget about it? Uh?
Speaker 3: Roy Green? Roy Green? Roy Green?
Speaker 4: Google it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember Roy Green. He could play what position he ended up going. He was a dB and a wide receiver. He said, now we hey, don't don't worry about the wide receiver. Go go on over here to this side. He ended up going to the Pro Bowl. Roy Green Cardinals lookout Joe.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh Roy Green could play. Yes, Lord, Roy Green could play.
Speaker 3: Here's I ain't never heard of him?
Speaker 4: Will you google him?
Speaker 3: You will hear him?
Speaker 4: Damn he would like that.
Speaker 3: H God, damn his sleeves waigh down by his elbow? You want eighty one? Yep? Oh you got a nice little Jerry Curl mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, return plants, kickoffs? Oh he did it all Roy Green?
Speaker 3: Where received the Phoenix? Phoenix Cardinals? Now you learned something new?
Speaker 4: Huh mm hmm. He was good.
Speaker 1: He was really he was really really good. Yeah, but it's amazing. I'm to see I'm anxious to see him. I'm anxous to see him out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited. I wonder. I wonder what Jacksonville play Week one. Take me a little trip right on down to Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Man, mm hmm. Well, you gotta deal with Nico Collins and then you got Stingley.
Speaker 3: That's why they play Meek one.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying till the season at the visual you got Calvin Ridley and then you got lu Jerious need.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't I don't know, I don't know the DB's and Andy, but you know you got Pittman and you got.
Speaker 4: Here what your hand full of now?
Speaker 3: And that's just in the division.
Speaker 4: Their home they're home week one. So mc millan Panthers for the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I've been I've been high on the Panthers. I've been high on the Panther And I'm only high on the Panthers because of the receiving Gord Exaxavier, Legged, Jimmy Horn, Tam McMillan, Hunter, Winfrow, Adam Yo un.
Speaker 4: Looking good in practice, I've been seeing looking good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I called him put him in a put put you in a blendo. He put people in the blender. You put him in the right position to make those plays. That's what he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got sick though, Joe, he got sick.
Speaker 3: What it was? Yeah, okay, okay, Yeah they nice, They're nice. And I said it here first on Night Cap. I'm telling you when the Panthers transition to being a winning team this year and the be the surprise team in the NFL, I said it first, keep pounding, bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you gotta understand, o, Joe, sometimes he ain't gonna be getting Travis ain't gonna be getting number one because they got Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 4: Over there. Yeah, they got to worry about him.
Speaker 3: Oh well, listen, matter of fact, when you think about it, when they play the Texans, since the Texans, No, that's not the division.
Speaker 4: There, it is.
Speaker 3: It is a division Texans, Tennessee and Nby. Okay, let's say when he's at receiver, you got to deal with Stingley. And if you're not on Stingley side, then you got to deal with motherfucker. Last of them ain't no slouch either, based on based on his resume from last year, mm hmm. Man talk about having your hands pull.
Speaker 4: Okay, got your hands pull.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have to be mentally locked in for literally one hundred players a game if he's trying to do this, because any slip.
Speaker 3: Up mentally done, it's a game of inches.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Todd Monkins said the Ravens offense has been committing false starts in training camp because they're stressed various cadences. It's real easy to get frustrated, which I do. I'm the king of overacting. But if you do that, then you'll you'll just snap the ball on one every time, and that doesn't help you either, so we're in a sweet spot. Now it's time to practice that. We're going to fight that like heck to be good at it. We can't be elite at cadence. If other teams can be, we can be, then we should be. If other teams can be, we can be. So in other words, hey, we got to use that hard count, Peyton hardcount, hellway all the really good we're good at that hard count. You left pay you let them defensive guys, get get get get a beat.
Speaker 4: On your job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's be good. But also sometimes you don't have to complicate things. Some football is played when it's played in its purest form. It's when it's simple. But it's nice and simple. Would you have offensively you don't even have to add add the tricks, the tricks of the trade of having to use the hardcount. It can be advantageous for you offensively, But you're so good on offense you don't even have to do it. No, you know you don't have to. You don't have to complicate it.
Speaker 4: You're not that good.
Speaker 1: Go on one and let them guys time. Well them guys too, good boy, yo oh Joe, you see I tea Sometimes they already man, he all sides, No he ain't. He just when you say he gone, that was me, o Joe, I was, hey, I get it. Hey, oh Joe. We tried to cut John. John was really good at the hard count. But he get me sometimes like damn, He's like, t what the hell you in the huddle? I'm like, I forgot, Yeah I did, oh Joe. I'll be trying. I try to get out a hey, must be a past man. Damn you where you where you're going to? The hurry right, I'm going to the end zone. That's where I was going.
Speaker 4: But I get it. And that's what practice is about.
Speaker 3: On you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people, you get frustrated in practice when things you know, you just snap count of your dry But that what the hell is practiced.
Speaker 3: That's what it's for.
Speaker 4: If it's supposed to be perfect.
Speaker 3: On day three, what they on day three four? Something like that, they just had passed on. I think the first day that passed was yesterday or maybe day before yesterday.
Speaker 4: I mean, so, so what are we supposed we suppos to come out here and be perfect. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is like I'm practicing so I can get it right and It's tough because everybody, especially when you're tired, bad on.
Speaker 3: Joe makes a fool of us. All man, I ain't really ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't finna hold yoh Joe, I I promise you ain't no tiding jumped outside more than me. I might not have a whole lot of records lamb, but jumping out sides in one I think it would be bad.
Speaker 4: Please, I'll be gone gone.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's funny man.
Speaker 4: And I may or may not have you know, get me a couple of extra yards. You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, jump off side, Woo whoo, give me a couple of extra No, but man, man, I'll be trying. I be trying to get out. I ain't gonna lie. I'm not hey, I'm trying to jump off that rock because I'm thinking I'm trying to be usain boat out at the gate. But I but I get Todd Moggy and say, bro we we we gotta switch this thing up because you let people like Oh Joe, you let him Lucky in on that cado.
Speaker 4: Them guys are really them, them T J.
Speaker 1: Watson, Bosas and Will Lanerson Juniors, the Michael Parsons, them guys really good.
Speaker 4: Them up. If you want to.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Steph Curry on the shot that changed his life, it's the shot against Guns. I really felt like that was the difference maker. Not to say I wouldn't have been able to figure it out had we lost, but that was a big moment.
Speaker 4: Oh Jo, what was the play that changed your life?
Speaker 3: The player that changed my life, especially from a receiver standpoint, was dropping the ball. It wasn't even catching the ball. I'd never forget. Rest in peace, Oliver Gibson. We were playing the Interianapolis coach. I think it might have been my rookie year, maybe my second year. But to keep a drive going, we went for it on fourth down, to keep a drive going, to go down and maybe tie the game or actually win the game. Unk. I dropped the goddamn slam on four down and here I am crying, getting just you know, all of the gifts, and came up to me, grabbed me by, grab me by my shirt. It's a picture of it too, I posted on Twitter when he passed away, grab me up by my shirt man, if you don't stop that crying because you're gonna have another opportunity to win this a game, change everything. But I got on that drug machine and just just it was different after that. From that point, I hadn't even become Chad Johnson yet, I wasn't nobody at that point you have dropping that game and realized I just cost this a game. Loss is a game, And I always told myself from that point on, I'll either be one of the reasons why we're in a game or we win games from that point on, And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: The same thing happened to me in nineteen ninety nine. I dropped the touchdown that would have given us home field and throw out the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: I still I still think about that play. Oh Joe Man made so sweet, had me a OHLF I was.
Speaker 1: At time, Oh your tight I motioned out linebacker with with me like niggas say, I just ate it on it.
Speaker 4: Oh y'all think that, y'all right here, I'm already thinking, oh, I'm better do this. I'm fitter do that.
Speaker 3: It went right through your hands, right right through them, right through them. Ojo. But that's the worst for you them boy dropping the ball.
Speaker 1: In the south zone. Man, I'll never forget. And I came to the sideline students, so will say, hey, you'll get it back. You'll get it back. And I'm like, you know, the opportunity ain't gonna come because it was oh Joe. It wasn't like I was the number one receiver. They're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Feeding me balls right right pause.
Speaker 4: They won't be feeding me that were throwing me no balls like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, they wasn't gonna be throwing me football They weren't feeding me footballs like that.
Speaker 4: There you go bad. So I do that opportunity was gonna come back that day.
Speaker 1: It might come back at a later day in time, but it wasn't coming back that day. And I remember o yo, and so I dropped that play.
Speaker 3: And then at.
Speaker 1: Wednesday's practice, man, I was catching. I was catching everything. I mean, I was taking stuff off of my shoe tops. I was making stuff one handed and that. I mean, he's like, I showed wish you to call that one on Sunday like this.
Speaker 3: Sometimes say listen, sometimes you relax it the wrong times. Yep. Anytime I dropped the ball, it is because I relaxed.
Speaker 1: Oh shore, you know what I did. I didn't extend. I did this like the ball and yeah, damn and so the ball just like.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Boy, that hurt, boy, that hurt, that hurt, that hurt. I remember going home crying. I called my brother.
Speaker 4: He said, man, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: So you went you got home. I was crying on in the middle of the field. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't let them see. I couldn't let him see me cry because they's so. I might have said somebody had to swing on somebody on the field or make you got jokes. Don't listen, bet, I was in that car.
Speaker 3: Bet, I was in that car. Cry like man.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, oh, you had a photo blaze. I'd never forget had a photo blazer.
Speaker 3: Boy, damn you know you know me, boy, I let them tears flat. Boy, I don't. I don't care where I'm at.
Speaker 4: Mmmm, but I think hurt.
Speaker 3: That hurt.
Speaker 1: Uh and I and I agree with Steph and he's like, I'm not not saying that I couldn't have figured it out at a later daying time, but I believe that was the moment that he's like, hold on, we're Davidson. That's Ganzaga. Uh and they you know, they always in the playoffs. They always wanted to you know, and when he took them down. Look, I had never seen anbody shoot the ball like that, not not from that kind of distance, not just pulling up like that. He was, you know, like he's six too, like the average. He nott six five six four sixty five.
Speaker 4: And he just let it go.
Speaker 1: I mean, he dad's don't folks his shorts like threeside like they've made for his dad.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying that he just let it fly.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: He definitely left his mark Man Davidson.
Speaker 3: I wonder what so many three point shooters that have come along, what separated Steph and made him as good as he is, what made him so green? I'm I'm just they.
Speaker 1: Gave him the green light to do it, you see. Pride to Steph. Only half of think about it, Oh Joe, everybody' shooting threes?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was how many times? That's a back Steph. There's no shot that Steph takes that people actually believe in.
Speaker 4: A bad shot.
Speaker 1: Right, People were shooting some of the shots that Steph shoot routinely into the first quarter end of the half end of the shot clock. Stephan shooting that shot with fifteen sixteen seconds on the.
Speaker 3: Shot shot clock.
Speaker 1: But somebody had to give him the confidence saying that's okay. Mark Jackson was that guy now he shot that And but come to the NBA guys, wasn't shoot those shots like Steph Like I mean that Reggie was a catching shoot. Ray was a little was catching shoot. But he could Steph can dance and launch it from the timeline. You literally have to pick step up at half cart or he'll let it go.
Speaker 3: And you think because with his ability to be able to create separation and create his own shot, that makes it that much more easier for him.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Because and plus the thing is if you hug up on it, because he can have it, he can put it on the floor and get back by you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can get all the way to the rim. So now and then he runs constantly.
Speaker 1: He doesn't get tired because the first thing, if you get tired, your shot goes you short.
Speaker 4: He's in.
Speaker 1: He's probably the best conditioned athlete because nobody's running as much.
Speaker 3: He run a lot. He run a lot, and he just let it fly and be confusing when I think about basketball, and you know you're playing the Warriors, and as much as Steph run like me, you know how when you play defense and in the dB, say listen there in a bunch, we're gonna banjo it. If you come in your air, you just pick him up. Man, I forget man, just zone so you don't got to run all over the place after him.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then gets and guess what happens now when they backpicked that zone. Guess what, Steph wide open, They're gonna run. They're gonna run it. They gonna run you off so many screens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that sucks.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, and when you miss a shot, you would think, because they're such a small team, yeah small, yeah, that they're not gonna.
Speaker 4: They're one of the better rebounding teams.
Speaker 1: So when they get these long rebounds off the karum, Steph automatically goes to reset. So now you play zone. Okay, he go reset to one of those corners. He'll he'll get it and he'll come all the way cross in the corner and then he'll come up.
Speaker 3: Greaty.
Speaker 1: But some giving you confidence like to shoot shooting son No words, we're not gonna take you out shoot the ball.
Speaker 3: Hey, nobody else got the green like he does.
Speaker 4: Huh oh, they like, guy's got it now, but he made it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now you see everybody shooting three on your They shooting down the seventy a game between the two times.
Speaker 3: They're not as efficient as he is.
Speaker 1: No, but if you think about it, Uh, at this point in time, Buddy Hill is ahead of where Steph Curry was with three. He's made anfter the Edwards. Yes, because nobody was shooting him. They're shooting of him. Now, look at Jason Tatum. Look how many threes he shoots a game. Look how many a man shoots a game? Buddy Heill. Even though Buddy wasn't a star, Buddy was coming and letting the three go. Everybody, let everybody let the three go. Now it's the three.
Speaker 4: Can everybody think this, Steph Curry, are you watching.
Speaker 3: Like a kids every age group? Then they shoot, they shooting from three.
Speaker 1: They throwing the ball because they can't they can't shoot it because they're so small.
Speaker 4: They throw it.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh Joe, it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q in A. The man go ahead, close that door, Tay Tay to Wave Bay.
Speaker 4: What's good?
Speaker 3: Unkin O? Y'all?
Speaker 1: Who's the most Who has the most approved this season? All all of hope the family is doing good? Who has the most approved this season? Take your pick? Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar, you make the case for Dak Prescott coming off an injury plague season.
Speaker 4: Who do you think has the most approved on you this season?
Speaker 3: Uh? This season? Oh, that's a good question. You would think it would be all the teams that I call it, I call it precious situations that have to get it done. Lamar Jackson, your Josh Allen's your Joe Burrows obviously Aaron Rodgers. All the lights are really going to be on him on what he's gonna do. Uh, let me see. There's no pressure on CD Stroud, no pressure on Jaydon Daniels, no pressure on Jordan Love. Maybe golf, maybe golf might have a little bit of that pressure as well, finding deliver as well as they've been doing, they've been going in the right direction. What about tour You think it has something to prove as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta prove you can stay healthy. It might be, but he can prove.
Speaker 3: Well that that's that's that's about it. Everyone else is is kind of safe.
Speaker 4: Aaron Jones, Hey, night cap much love.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know last year Eagles would have whooped your ravers. We were go break great on both sides of ball, bro, y'all they beating nothing? Yeah, what rules are we playing under? Are y'all gonna let us knock the hell out?
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Na, let's let's play the rules back then two thousand.
Speaker 4: Ain't no way, no way.
Speaker 3: Heya might have had what maybe twenty thirty yards If that.
Speaker 4: They're knocked them up. Who who's gonna catch the ball over the middle.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If y're go back and look at that paper and how many people we knocked they knocked out of the game. I don't think quarterbacks, wide receivers out. You gotta realize there was no defensives receiver and there was none of that. Oh you couldn't hit the you couldn't hit the quarterback this place of that place, No, Bro, I like our chances thereon Sean the wise one said you're wrong, Shanne, And he said that they're constantly get put in favor position where the best corner isn't always guarding them, un like AJ Brown.
Speaker 3: Wait, the best is the best corner is guarding everybody be named in that conversation, especially the top five. It's always the best corner.
Speaker 1: Yes, most of these corners, I mean the really good ones travel. Yeah, and plus you got and a lot of these, A lot of these teams don't have a comparable Davante. So if Davante start cooking, well, guess what. Guess what the number one corner gonna go to Davante and then AJ start cooking cooking the number two. No, I'm not wrong, bro, these are not. You can dress it up however you want to chase. Jetta and Rique aren't scheme receivers. I don't believe that skiing receiver.
Speaker 4: You don't. You don't become the triple Crown. You don't. You don't put up the numbers that they putting up being schemed.
Speaker 3: Because that was the case, everybody would do it all. Yes, that was the case.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, Rock's long. The Panthers have the most diverse wide record wide receiver cord. Ever, they have Leagette, McMillan, Renfro, Theling, Jimmy Horn, plus Jalen Cochers.
Speaker 3: And they have the right balance of veterans, rookies and those that are on the cusp of arriving. Not very many people that are proven yet. But I'm telling you they could be special. They could be special. All they have to do just consistency week in and week out and just be there for Bryce. I'm telling they're gonna shock all you motherfucker almost cursed again. They're gonna shock all you people who doubt them. And I'm very, very very high on that Panthers receiving core. Just week to week, keep pounding and be consistent. That's it.
Speaker 1: If Jimmy Horn can take what he's doing in training camp, preseason OTAs and translate that, if Leggett can take that next step be that big, physical receiver, consistent receiver that they drafted him to be. Renthrow is tremendous in the slot. I like feeling he's consistent. McMillan, I agree.
Speaker 4: I like that on you. I like that pick. I can't say that you're wrong.
Speaker 1: Christen Noriega Pittsburgh Stealing Nation here a big shout out and O show. My question is should Washington go back to the previous name with their logo back?
Speaker 4: Why you think they're gonna win more.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, Trump forty five forty five said if they don't go back, he's gonna withhold something and pertaining to the building of a new stadium something.
Speaker 1: Like that right now, Well, just wait till we leave office and build it then. But he also said that president should stay out of the naming of teams. Okay, but at the time he wasn't the president, so normally would you hear him talk things aren't applicable to him?
Speaker 3: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: Now, when it can become applicable to him, they should. They should weigh in. We shouldn't be in we as when he wasn't president. We shouldn't be intervening in wars, fighting overseas. Now that he's in president, we're intervening. So it seems to me, when it's not applicable to him, don't do it. When it's applicable him, do it. That's my thoughts on That really says, if you guys have switched, where would you you got drafted in teams? Do you do your guys think you would have had the same career as better, worse the same? No, I went to the right situation. I went to Denver. They were one of the two or three teams that had the h back position. I had a quarterback that believed in me, that was patient with me, saw the ability, but knew I needed time to grow into the position, and he had patience. Everybody was gonna have patience with me like that. So, no, my career would not have been the same had I gone to Cincinnati, had I gone somewhere else. I needed to go to Denver. A coach that believed in me, that will put me in the offense, that call plays for me. John believed in me, gave me time to develop. No, I am not the player. I'm not the Pro Bowl, I'm not the All Pro. I'm not the Hall of Fame player. If I go somewhere else, I have That is my belief.
Speaker 3: Now, your situation was different from mine when I went to Cincinnati. Cincinnati was a laughing stock in the NFL at that time. If you remember executive on consecutive losing seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, were terrible.
Speaker 3: Okay, you ain't have to say all that. Oh my bad, my bad, it was bad. So hypothetically speaking, if I go to a better situation, I still would have been the same player.
Speaker 4: What it did. Don't let you what it didn't let you behave in the matter that you're behaving.
Speaker 3: I was just I was just having fun.
Speaker 4: But everybody's gonna let you have fun.
Speaker 3: To me, if I'm putting up the numbers, I'm putting up yes.
Speaker 4: I am, okay, okay. Well why did you do that in New England?
Speaker 3: Oh? Because today that's a no go.
Speaker 4: Everybody ain't gonna let you do that.
Speaker 3: We that's West one team.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm what if you go to that team, you go to the Bears, They're not gonna let you do that. That the old the old school coaches back then, he.
Speaker 3: Shut it out. Boy. If I was in Chicago ball, the terms soldier field upside down you hear me? Could you imagine me as a Bear in my prime? Yeah, I can imagine you would coach Dickon button head man. We listen, Dick would have loved me.
Speaker 4: Brou He Dickon and make man buddy. He they did.
Speaker 3: The man was flashy though he was flashy. Ma, man was flashy.
Speaker 4: Really, you don't say what about you flashy? Hey? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sometimes gave Dick a heart attack. Brou celebrating be doing all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just have to go to the right situation at the right time, right situation, right time. Quintin, do you own? Do you check on your player cards to see the value?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I do not, Oh till you check on the value of the players cards. You don't, Man, No, I don't kemper norwood. Ju you said, Uh, I got some laportier for my uncle whose birthday is on Friday. Appreciate that, Kemperor, not Kemperor. Don't you drink at all before the man's birthday? So you got it for him? That mean I mean you gonna give him the entire bottle or you gonna give him half the bottle. I just need to know this, hopefully, Uh you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give him a shot. Tell about Hey, I'm gonna have this shot for you for your birthday. When he you know, you're supposed to get the shot and he's supposed to get the rest. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite uncle Shining Sharp, my partner co hosts Liberty City's own binga Ring of Fame Monterie pro Bowler All pro he he's Chad oh Yo Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 4: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and.
Speaker 1: Guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth. Thanks to you, we're able to do what we do. Thank you for your support and your continue support. Please check out Shade by Laportier. We have it in stop. We got something really really special. We think you guys are gonna love this. I don't know exactly when it's going to be, when it's gonna be released, but it's something really really special.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it to y'all on Wednesday. I ain't got it right now, but sure to you.
Speaker 3: Did I just tell me Wednesday you probably got it because tomorrow Monday. So if ain't, no, we don't have it yet, but we're gonna get Okay, okay, wait wait I love that Mercy.
Speaker 1: Uh Premium vs O p Kangnac the best premium vs be Kangnac on the market. Please drake responsibily instead safe. While you're out there, go check out my media company page on all of his platform, Shay Shape Media and My Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out the Lincolns penned in the chat. Supplies are limited, so please grab yours wild supplies last, because once they're gone, they are gone.
Speaker 4: I want to thank you guys for joining us on a Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Bubba Arlis becoming the second black driver to win a NASCAR race. He won the Crown One of the Crown and Joel Jules he won the Brickyard four one hundred.
Speaker 4: Bubba.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to the Jordan Danny Hamlin team. Congratulations man, well deserved. We'll see you back here tomorrow night. The same time I'm up, he's oh cho, we are out.
Speaker 3: What he before? Y'all go make sure you catch your boy tomorrow and get up and first take. And that's pretty much it.