Speaker 1: Thank you everybody for joining us on this park Hopper episode of Magical Rewind and we are very excited to speak with one of what I would call the two dudes from the movie we just watched and well loved. Frankly, so if I can't even.
Speaker 2: Wait any longer, I can't wait any longer.
Speaker 1: This is the man himself, the man, well, the man who unfortunately in the first ninety seconds of the movie fell off his motorcycle twice and ended up really hurting his leg the second time, so his sister had to jump in for him.
Speaker 2: But can you please help us? Welcome Trevor O'Brien.
Speaker 3: Hey you guys doing.
Speaker 1: I love it and dressed for the part. Oh my god, I'm so happy right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, I had to pull out this old relic. I't believe I still had it, but I mean, this is the original.
Speaker 4: It's there, is the real.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, SETS surprised it still fit.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say.
Speaker 1: The idea that I could pull something out from like twenty years ago and it.
Speaker 2: Still fits is amazing.
Speaker 3: The shirt, I think was fine. I don't think I was gonna fit into the Andy pants I got it Fox Andy pants, so I opted not to put those on, but I had I had to leadly square the shirt I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: You just reade my year right there, right so happy right now. I have to start by saying, So, I have a stepdaughter who, as I've done in her life since she was you know, eleven or twelve.
Speaker 2: But when she found out that I was interviewing you, she was so happy.
Speaker 1: You and your co star were like her biggest crushes growing up, and she was like, please tell them how much I love them, how much they just I was obsessed with their movie.
Speaker 3: Give my love back to them. I always love, you know, hearing from fans, and you know, it was such an honor and fun part to play and be a part of this you know, revolutionary film for back in the day, you know. And you know Riley was great, you know, so I mean, I I think he got way more you know, fan love than I did, maybe maybe just a little bit. He's really pretty. I even I'm at a hard time you know, on set. So but but you know, it was such a great cast. I mean, you know a lot of Austin Scott, Tara, you know, Timothy Carhart and everyone was just so so amazing and to get to be a part of that at my age, you know, I was in high school. I was sixteen, and you know Jerrymy McGrath, Travis Pastrana. Yeah, all those guys in the film were like my idols at the time, and so it was such a cool thing to get to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, that's a perfect place to start.
Speaker 1: And so because I want to get to fort how you grew up if you were a motocross fan. But let's start with when's the first time you heard about the film? Was this just a regular audition that came on your desk or how did you hear about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, I mean it was just a you know, just a normal audition, and it was very hush hush, you know when when I went to audition, they didn't give you very much of any information. In fact, I think what we read wasn't even actually in the script. Oh wow, they they did. It was originally called twelve Flap, which is you know, based on because it's based off Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. Yeah, they let us know that it was called twelve Flap, and it was kind of you know, actually, I don't even know if they told that that came in later, but originally it was Originally it was it was named that. And so when I asked about the film, because I was trying to learn about the character, it was like, you know, who is he? What's you know? Can you tell me anything about the stories that will help me with, you know, to prepare for this audition. And the only thing that they told me was like, you know, you're the star. You're this motocross. He wants, you know, to compete. And that was pretty much all I knew. So I went in auditioned, I loved it, you know, got a callback to go you know, through the process. I didn't get the script for the film until the night before filming, so I never know, I knew, I knew nothing about it. And that's why I say the truth is I didn't even know it was based off Shakespeare's telfth Night. Otherwise I would have had some knowledge about who my character was and what was going to happen. Yeah, I'm reading it for the first time, having no clue that this has anything to do with Shakespeare's twelth Night, and I'm reading, and I'm reading, and then all of a sudden ten pages into it, I break my leg and I'm like, where.
Speaker 2: Did I go?
Speaker 3: I'm out of the film. And as the sixteen year old who like loves motocross and getting to race and ride and do stuff like that, I was like, wait what the film writing with Jeremy McGrath and Travis Oh, there was some disappointment, but.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's all, you know, you know, And now.
Speaker 3: As I'm older, like I said again, it was kind of a revolutionary film because there wasn't a lot of film about you know, women and you know, entering the man's world, and you know, and it's so funny because if you look at it back now and you just go, wow, that's so crazy that it was even that was even a thing. Yeah, and now it's to get to be kind of a part of that thing where all of a sudden we're coming out with that and empowering you know women, and not that they needed our help with that at all whatsoever, but that we were aware of it, you know what I mean, And that it was such a great, you know, such a great film. It was so much fun to be a part of and everyone was really great, and it had a really good message and it was just a cool story.
Speaker 2: It was a great movie.
Speaker 1: It was a great movie. It really was a phenomenal movie. It holds up. I watched it last night again, so it's I mean, it was one of those things where it just it works.
Speaker 2: Everything about it works.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I guess when your source material is Shakespeare, I guess it kind of right exactly because a lot of people didn't know Shakespeare. Big motocross guy he was.
Speaker 2: He was huge on the.
Speaker 3: Circuit was something something to be said for.
Speaker 2: Did you now did you ride before this movie at all?
Speaker 3: So full transparency, I did not. I always loved or had a passion for motorcycles, but my family and my parents were like, you know, as an actor, They're like, I don't know if I want to do that. However, because of the film, I got really into it. I bought two of the bikes, the hero bike and one of the extra bikes. So I had two of the motocross bikes.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Sadly sold them, oh no, I newly had kids. I got rid of them, and honestly, I don't think who ever bought them and even really understood what they had. But but I did have them. I loved it I went riding. I was terror to begin with. So I'd go out riding and sometimes I'd wear the Andy Carson outfit, just not thinking about it because it's what I had. And people would be like, oh my gosh, you're Andy Carson and they want me to do all these tricks and then they'd see me like eat it and they'd do wrong with Damn. They'd look at my friends and be like, what is going on right now and they just shake your head, he's having a bad day or so.
Speaker 2: Were they were they? They were rms? Weren't they? Were they r M one twenty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Suzuki won twenty five. They had a lot of power. I mean they were amazing.
Speaker 2: But oh there were great bikes. I rode.
Speaker 1: I rode growing up, so full disclosure, I rode growing up. My friends and I were the little motorcycle gang, but we were all awful, so it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Like we were that gang of guys.
Speaker 1: Without being cool or skilled or talented in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always said we were the kids from Karate Kid without the money or the talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it definitely it definitely got me into it. After that, I bought a Dukate. I was writing in the Dukati for a while. Oh, we had the monster in nine nine. It was the black Matte, Black Name Good bike. So it was really sweet and it'll get rid of that. And now I have a KLR six hundred. You're geez.
Speaker 2: This movie got you into motorcycles.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I was hooked ever since. I only only regret I wish I had was that I got to start sooner, you know, so that way I could have done more of the tricks in the film myself. I got to ride, like very minimally, but you know, I have to hand it out to like David Barrett, who was our stunt coordinator, you know, Clay Coolan, Jack Carpenter, Regis Harenting, who I think was actually my stunt double. And I mean, they just did amazing jobs and made me look so good. And I tried to for the fans, keep keep the Andy Carson in there as much as I could, but I had to be honest with people. I was like, look, I like riding, but these are the real stars. These are the guys, you know, who make me look good. And without them, there's no way.
Speaker 4: Did any of the actors get a chance. I mean, because it's different than rollerblading or surfing. Yeah, it's I mean that you can get really hurt very easily. So did any of the actors that could ride even get a chance to really ride in.
Speaker 3: The film, like I said, very minimally kind of in the beginning, And then I think they realized the liability with all that and how yeah you would have been to get hurt. So they really just kind of put you know, that to an end very quickly. In the beginning. We did get to practice, We did ride a little bit around, and like I said, I was hooked the moment that I could. They almost had to like keep me off the motorcycles. You got to be there when Jerry m McGrath Travis Pastrana were doing their thing.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: It was just it was a dream con true, you know. I mean, it's still so fun. In fact, what's funny is I still I didn't get recognized for that film more than any other film that I've done. Sure, just keep going, Wait a minute, I know you So it's a lot of fun. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: Now, did you know anybody on the cast before you shot or was this was they're throwing you all together, and hey, this is the first time you met everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, we met like literally on on set. That was like that, like I said, the first time, you know, because it was so hush hush. I didn't know anything, I didn't have the script, I didn't meet anybody, so everything kind of got to be formed on set the first day, relationships and you know, chemistry and kind of just you know, running through things, you know. But definitely it was a quick and easy bond, you know. So everyone was really cool, and you know, even like Scott Terror who was like my little brother, he'd be like basically became my little brother, you know. Fun. The only thing I remember kind of feeling bad at that was a lot of Austin had the most gorgeous long hair and she had to end up cutting it. So what she has in the film is actually a wig, and with her long hair, that's that's not her real hair. Her real hair in real life was even more beautiful than the wig that she wore. The short hair that she had in the film was actually they cut it all off. So that was that was rough. I remember her being very sad that day, and I remember just like oh that for.
Speaker 4: You, But that's a dramatic.
Speaker 2: Dramatic traumatic I've got to imagine cutting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was even nearly as long as that wig. I mean that's a big cut.
Speaker 3: And she is a beautiful woman and just you know, like I said, super powerful. So like I just had so much respect for her playing that role, yeah, and doing her thing. It was really cool.
Speaker 4: So some of the people we've interviewed over it, their audition process was so fast, Like some of them said, you know, I found out on Friday that I was leaving on Monday for it. Was there a long process within the audition of actually getting to set or did it happen? It seems like sometimes Disney just works really.
Speaker 3: I mean honestly, this was nearly twenty five years ago something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I feel like it was pretty quick. I feel like I only had like two auditions I remember, and and I think within a couple of weeks we're filming. And I was in high school, so it was really kind of you know, I was in a public high school that went to Newport Harbor High And it's funny they actually wanted to kick me out because I was going to go like that for six weeks in San Diego thing. But I happened to also be a part of their theater department, and so my mom advocated for me. She was my manager at the time, who was amazing, the best manager I ever had, and advocated and said, excuse me, this is a theater department that you have him in. This is what he's designed to do. Why would you, you know, you know, persecute him for doing what he should be doing.
Speaker 4: I mean, in California law too, as long as there's a teacher on set, you're not really technically considered absent for the days. That's all made up, right. They had no no, no like basis.
Speaker 3: It was kind of funny and it was but but it was uh but it was really cool and when it had fun, and you know, obviously became I had to get my my friends to be bodyguards at the high school as those up for a while, really corner and just be like man.
Speaker 1: So that yeah, I mean, we've heard different child you know, being a child actor, all of us here being child actors, We've heard different kind of views about what how you're treated when you come back as a child actor. Were you made more of the rock star because you're the child actor, or you made more of kind of like you were bullied because you were the child actor.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a mixture. I I feel like I had a fairly normal childhood in a lot of ways, and I think I I think I was really lucky in that in that sense, there was definitely some people who wanted to be your friend because of and so also in my case, my brother at the time was pretty famous as well, because I mean he was he did a film called The Last Action Hero and so he was huge, and then he was in My Girl too. So I had more issues with people wanting to be friends with me because they wanted to be friends with him.
Speaker 2: Or was he older or younger than you?
Speaker 3: Older than me? Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, I'm the youngest of three and and so. But but yeah, I didn't have a whole lot of trouble. It had its moments, but I mean, for the most part my senior year, I ended up going to OSHA, which is Orange County High School of the Arts, and everyone there was so amazing and so talented that it just it was like family. So it was that was the best year ever had in terms of school and high school stuff like that, because it was just it was so easy to blend in and everyone was so amazing and everyone respected your craft, and it was really really a cool experience.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's nothing like finding your crowd right, finding the people that it.
Speaker 3: Was so easy. It was so easy to be in because everyone was doing something amazing and everyone was working hard, and everyone honored and respecting what you were up to.
Speaker 4: So it's different to being around, especially in high school, people that have found what they're passionate about doing, and high school, you're in college people are still trying to figure out where they're going what they want to do. So at Osha, I've heard I'm from Orange County too, so I know, like Osha is a big place where a lot of actors or phenomenal dancers, Like there's all these arts that people are like they're wanting to already hone in on a career, you know, at fourteen fifteen years old. So it's cool to find your people in that sense and be inspired by each other.
Speaker 3: Some of them are still my best friends today, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeaow, that's how.
Speaker 3: Close we were. I could I could probably name twenty twenty five people that I knew from high school that I'm still in contact with today.
Speaker 1: That's I don't know, twenty five people Total's that's amazing.
Speaker 4: We want to leave the house every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Those work.
Speaker 3: It was great at staying up with them, but they're pretty much they're better at staying up with me. But I would still say, you know that there's type of people that at any time, no matter how long it's been, you could show up and it was and it's like you clicked or they'd be there for you. You know. So I've been really really lucky and really really blessed, you know.
Speaker 1: Now you talked about your older brother being in the business. Was this a plan for did you want to be in the business as well, or was it just kind of easier.
Speaker 2: To follow in your brother's footsteps.
Speaker 3: So it's really kind of interesting. I started. I had my first agent when I was one and a half years old, So I started like as a baby doing you know, modeling and things like that, and then started getting into commercials when I was six years old. I think I got inducted into SAG with my first film that I did with Sissy Spasic and Aiden Quinn called a private matter about abortion in the nineteen sixties and stuff like. It was a crazy film, crazy film. So but I played like their son, and so, I mean I've been a part of member of SAG since nineteen ninety, you know, And so I didn't really choose to go in it per se.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you woke up and you were already an actor.
Speaker 3: I was always in it my mom, my mom homeschool does tell about high school and and so it made it easy to to kind of just do that. And you know, it was fun. I mean, we loved it. I was always kind of a ham and you know, I I have definitely was adhd. So I had a lot of energy. So getting to kind of be out in spots of life and be crazy and do whatever else like it worked. It worked for me.
Speaker 1: So that's been the youngest of three. Do you have two older brothers or do you have a brother and sister?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have an older brother and an older sister.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the youngest of three too, So you you have to ham it up to get the attention.
Speaker 2: That's just the way it works. So that's so funny.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we had we had a lot of fun, and you know, it's just it's an amazing So for me, it's an amazing it's amazing lifestyle that I got to grow as a kid because I got to travel all over the place, need a ton of really amazing people, do some amazing things. I think in some ways as an adult, in some ways it was almost like more difficult because all of a sudden, You've had this really amazing fame and you know, you're doing stuff, and as you kind of get into life with kids and children and other stuff like that, they're is like this this still this need to want to perform to a certain level and be up there and stuff like that. So like, there was definitely times when I struggled with some of that stuff, you know, sure, but luckily I had really good friends, really good family. You know, I've been a builder for the last fifteen years, so I do a lot of you know, I build houses, do remodels and stuff like that. Wow, I'm rebuilding my mom's house right now because her house burned down in January twenty three, So it's been a crazy Wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, was there was there like one of our famous California fires or was there just a fire in her house?
Speaker 3: So I actually I actually currently live in Georgia right now. Oh okay, my family acquired an old Girl Scout camp that is has one hundred and ninety six acres. Wow. On that n one hundred nine six acres, there's a twelve acre like five different lodges, or there were five now there's four, a ton of ground cabins, some treehouse cabins, a giant dining hall and mess hall and all the stuff. It's built in nineteen sixty five and it has to be completely renovated. But as a general contractor and a building myself, I saw this and was like, this would be so amazing to live here, my kids grow up here and renovate it, do weddings and leadership stuff. There's a ropes course on the properties and my wife, my wife runs leadership and ropes course. She did in California for years. So that's what we want to do out here. Is we're starting actually a leadership academy called Luminary Leadership Academy, and we launch in July of twenty five, and so that's one.
Speaker 1: Is your whole family going to be on the Is it like a big family compound?
Speaker 2: Like is everybody going to be there?
Speaker 3: So yeah. I mean, right now, it's me and my family are on one side of the lake, and my mom and her husband will be on the other side of the lake. And then there's all these other buildings and stuff that we're going to, you know, do events with.
Speaker 2: I call one of the cabins. I call one of the cabins.
Speaker 3: You are more than welcome and I would love to have you come out.
Speaker 4: That would that sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: We live basically in the forest. We kind of have a farm, like twenty five chickens and ducks and dogs and cats and bunnies and all kind Oh.
Speaker 2: What a place for your kids to grow up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's amazing. Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Oh and to just under two hundred acres is just giant.
Speaker 3: It's totally a different feel, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We going from Newport Beach to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and I moved up to LA and was living there for six years prior to when we moved in basically twenty two, but at the very end of twenty one, okay, And so yeah, it was a pretty drastic shift.
Speaker 2: Let's say, man, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like a dcom. I mean, you literally you're living. You're living a.
Speaker 1: Dcom life right now, which perfectly brings us back to the movie, which is what we have to talk about. I hate it, yeah, because I would just love to see her talk about this all day because it sounds like a lifestyle. No, don't ever apologize, you kidding, that's it's like, that's like.
Speaker 2: The dream is having your own lake and cabins.
Speaker 3: Ugh.
Speaker 1: So, if that's a dcom, which it is, right, did you watch d.
Speaker 2: Coms before you were on a dcom?
Speaker 1: Were you were aware of the Disney Channel original movies or was this kind of your first foray into the channel.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny. So I didn't watch a lot of film and television when I was a kid, which is which is funny because you think that's that's my job. In fact, I actually used to get in trouble with acting coaches for not watching more film and television or going into auditions, and people would reference certain characters of films and movies and I hadn't seen them, or it wasn't allowed to see them, you know. So that's what's funny. My mom was very strict about how much TV were allowed to watch and stuff like that. And so I didn't watch a whole lot of Disney original movies before. I didn't and I didn't know much about it. So that's what's so funny, is like I didn't realize how big of a deal it was when I was on a Disney original movie because.
Speaker 2: I had no clue.
Speaker 3: But you know, since then, obviously it's it's it awakened me and I started watching them. My kids love them, you know, My kids are totally all into the zombies and just like it's it's amazing, you know, And so what they've done and created is just fantastic. And you know, obviously they've been doing it for a while. This was their like twenty six you know, original Disney movie. So so yes, no, I didn't watch a whole lot just be short answer.
Speaker 1: But now, well, so now through your kids, have you been watching the Zombies movies?
Speaker 2: And I mean have you kind of seen everything?
Speaker 3: Absolutely for the most part. What's actually really funny though, is I've probably seen the same sections of those movies about twenty times, and every now and then I'll see a new part of it that I haven't seen because I'm like doing something else or helping them do this, and then I'll go, wait, is this different film? And they're like, no, the same movie. You've watched this twenty times. I'm like, I don't know if I've remember this one ever the whole time. So yeah, I watch a lot of them. I just don't always watch them start to finish because I'm running around the house to At home, I have two older stepsons who I consider my own, who are out of the house now. They're in Colorado and they're amazing. So we got a blended family with six kids.
Speaker 4: So sick wow, she's it is a full house. Have any of the kids gotten a chance to watch yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit. They definitely have seen Motocross and they thought it was pretty pretty cool, you know. But I mean it's one of those things where it's like that's dad until other people find out, like their dad's an actor, and they're like, oh, yeah, my dosin actor who like? But my daughter she's getting into acting. In fact, what's really cool is my old acting coach who was in California moved to Atlanta three years where we moved to Georgia. But she's now training with my old acting coach.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the new Hollywood Atlanta is like the new Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Everybody's there now a fun full circle moment.
Speaker 3: So I mean, like I said, in terms of girl power, my daughter is a powerhouse. She she won the thescon that they do here and got to perform in front of five hundred kids, and she's.
Speaker 1: That, Oh man, you're raising every well, you know what's coming, you're raising entertain or you know what's coming.
Speaker 3: That's going for sure.
Speaker 1: So we're always curious when it comes to these dcoms. You film, you filmed the movie and it comes out, does your life.
Speaker 2: Change at all when the movie comes out?
Speaker 1: Because I mean there's some we it's so funny talking to people that film their movies or shows like we did kind of pre social media, right and then the talking to the actors who do a post social media. Was your life all that different after? Because it was a success on the channel, a big success on the channel. So did your life change too much.
Speaker 2: When you were done?
Speaker 3: Or like I said, not a lot, because I mean I mean, well, yes and no. I definitely got recognized a lot more. Definitely, you know, like got stopped in different places and you know, but it was kind of a cool, like like a cool situation for me to get it all about some of these things, and you know, and these were kind of my people at this point, you know, because most of them were riders and you know, or they wanted to be riding, and so like we got to connect over a lot of stuff. It was really cool when I got to like actually go out to like I'd go out to Glamis and the sand dunes and go ride and and so people would see you there and they would just geek out and talk about how much they loved the film and then they and then they would do the coolest tricks while I fell off my bike. But but no, I mean, like it was amazing, but it didn't change a whole lot in the sense that, like, you know, I just I think, I think for me and probably best because there wasn't a whole lot of social media out there. I just stuck to, you know, stay with my friends and didn't think I was any different than anybody else, you know. And I think that was kind of a big thing, is that my mom made sure I didn't get a big head, you know, and and stayed humble, and that was kind of the most important part. So I feel lucky in that sense.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: The Disney Channel original movies, they seem to have these little tropes that we talked about, and a lot of times it's either like the big sister or big brother or what someone's always a jerk in the family. This this turnaround was the dad. I don't think I hated a dad more in my life, like worst dad.
Speaker 2: Truth back.
Speaker 4: But your character and Alana, you guys had such great chemistry. You come out like this golden child of a brother that every sister would want to have, like totally backs her up on her dream, backs her up when he sees that there's a connection with a guy. I mean, wow. And not to mention just the chemistry you guys had as a brother and sister. Like I'm a mom now and it's like I wish, Mike, I hope my kids when they're older will love each other and support each other.
Speaker 2: I hope the motocrossed we're so great.
Speaker 3: I't like kids to watch it again too, so that they can.
Speaker 4: Do this is how to do it right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, absolutely, And I think and I think that's a testament to you know, like I said, just the relationships and recognizing people and what they're capable of, you know, And I think that's it is. It's really hard even with families, you know, because you're always trying to compete, you know, in a way. But I think, like again, even like with my brother, who was super really famous, you know, at the time, it was almost like I lost my name when I was a kid because it was like, oh, you're not Trivor O'Brien, You're Austin O'Brien's younger brother, right, you know. But my brother was really good at making sure that I was included, that I was important, that I knew what I was up to, and and so forth. And so I think that made a really big deep impact on me how I presented myself. And so, like I think even just getting to play this role, it felt really natural because it was like, yeah, what happens to his character stinks, you know, it sucks, he breaks his you know, messes up to me, can't write anymore. But the fact that he gets to see his sister doing something that she loves and supports her and and see her succeeding, Like that's really cool, And you're right, we need more of that in the world and in our life, you know, supporting each other and instead of going, oh, I want to be the one who wins, going if you're winning out and we're all winning, Yes, we need more of that.
Speaker 4: I love that. But your chemistry too, just showed like it looked like you guys honestly, the family guys have known each other. Yeah, you were a family.
Speaker 1: That means just it was so you were all you bound together to hate the horrible person that was your father.
Speaker 3: Because he was the nicest guy.
Speaker 1: Oh the actor might be the nicest guy in the world, I'm sure, but oh god, the character was God.
Speaker 4: He was just like, what is your problem? He wasn't nice to you.
Speaker 3: A person he was because and how great of an actor he was. Yeah, absolutely right, just hate the man. You know.
Speaker 1: I seriously paused it the first time I watched it. I paused and had to leave the room. When he gave away her bedroom, I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Out, I can't I need a minute. I need a minute hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah to a young man, like to the French.
Speaker 2: Guy who knew was going to surrender halfway through the first.
Speaker 4: Race, Yeah, I just knew it.
Speaker 2: We always have.
Speaker 1: To ask now, because the chemistry was still popping on screen, was there any young romances happening as you were filming, anything going on with anybody on the set.
Speaker 3: If there were, I wasn't privy to it. So so no, as far as as far as I know that there, there weren't. Like I said, we just kind of all uh, you know, off off camera and off screen, just you know, rallied together. You know, we laughed a lot, we joked in between, and even like I said, you know, even with Timothy who played Dad, after all those takes where he was being a jerk, he would always go up and hug Alana and just be like, I'm sorry, really this way you know.
Speaker 1: Oh No, he's been in everything. He's a great actor. I mean, Ben, you've seen him a thousand times. But man, the character, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was It's a pretty rough role to play.
Speaker 2: That's got Oh, it absolutely is.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of the chemistry and everything, are you still in touch with anybody from the film?
Speaker 3: You know, I haven't spoken to many of them for years, to be honest, I think probably the last time I had touched base with a feuven was I think it ran into them at some event about ten, maybe even fifteen years ago. But it's been it's been a long long time, you know, And like I said, I kind of I kind of got out of acting for a while. I was I was kind of doing some producing and doing some stuff on my own, and then I just got into building and was focusing on family for a long time. So I haven't done anything well, but now that my daughter's looking into it, I've been considered and getting back into acting a little bit myself or producing, and you know, we've got some ideas. We're just trying to get settled here in Georgia, get the house rebuilt, get over a few things. You know, it's just been it's been a bit hectic. I had I personally had cancer in twenty two so it's uh uh that was a trial and that kind of puts some hiccups on some things. Shee after my mom's house be Dance, found that she has cancer, so she's been battling that. So it's just been a bit of a whirlwind. But we've been so blessed. And honestly, I think coming out here saved my life because I was seeing doctors in California and they could figure it out. Came out here, figured it out and get to be here from a mom take care of her sore?
Speaker 2: Are you are you okay? Are you both doing well?
Speaker 3: So I'm in remission right now. Mom's still fighting and but she's you know, doing really well considering what she has. She's got stage four pancreatic cancer. Sorry to hear that, Yeah, but but you know, she's fighting really hard and she's doing really well. And so we've talked about doing film and we've even talked about maybe even bringing film here to the camp. You know, we're doing some stuff here on the on the camp property itself. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's big in my family too, so we're going through something similar.
Speaker 2: So it's it's rough.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's I'm so glad that you're doing well, though. I mean, that's not to be down.
Speaker 2: But it's not at all. If there's a ton of people dealing with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's just it's it's something that people that feel like I've been going through a lot lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my co host Danielle Fischer is going through it right My co host and my other podcast, Poping World, is going through it right now as well.
Speaker 3: Hard, you know, and so I just you know, I want people to know I like that we get to inspire people with some of the stuff that we're up to and what we're doing here. And I think that's the same goal that I have, you know, both with being an actor and with some of the leadership stuff that we want to do here on property and just you know, in general. So, like I said, I've been really blessed to be a part of you know, you know, Disney Channel Original movies and and acting and you know, everything from leadership to building to all kinds of stuff. So it's just been you know, a dream ben true just to kind of get to be what we're doing. And despite even all that stuff, you know, we can rise up, we can come through, we can power them through and surrounding themself with good people and last years and good positivity.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I'm proposing right now that we do something where we get all the old dcom actors together from all the dcoms that we can get as many as we can get to come and do the ropes course and everything.
Speaker 4: At you wonderful deal. Do you do you get people gloves? The last time I went, I did not get gloves. My hands were like completely just one big blister opened. They were awful.
Speaker 3: Special pair of gloves just for you, or you'll be the.
Speaker 4: Only one on Amazon link. I'll bring my own because that was just like I had the best day but suffered for like.
Speaker 3: I just had.
Speaker 4: Game, I know, and I felt like I was doing so well, but clearly I wasn't because I was squeezing.
Speaker 3: So right, Hey, I've done it. It's it's incredible, it's it's a breakthrough, you know, So I so cool. You can totally understand the feeling. But we'll make sure we have gloves were you to that way you can be fully present, and.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Motocross came slightly before some of the other d coms that instantly got sequels. Do you know if there was ever a conversation on any level, did you guys ever talk about the possibility. Was it ever thrown around that maybe there'd be a motocross too.
Speaker 4: That came out?
Speaker 3: You know, I had actually heard some rumors about that, and I feel like they were thinking about it and in production. I don't really fully recall, but for some reason, I have this vague memory of seeing a motocross too like poster, and I don't know if that was just a speculation or if someone just did a spin off of it and you know, it didn't go anywhere. But yeah, man, that would be fun.
Speaker 4: I definitely had room to yeah with.
Speaker 3: The storyline version where you know, we get the parents of their kid writers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what I think it should be again throwing out a whole nother idea here for Disney and TM By the way, as I say, yes, they've got to take the kids from Brink. So now the parents they're they're the parents. So the kids from the stars of Brink, the kids from the stars of Motocross, the kids from the stars of Johnny Tsunami, and it's an X Games where they all come together and it's all the kids from all the extreme dcoms come together to do next game.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Trademark gotta do that. Oh, there was so much fun.
Speaker 3: I'm so in That sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, we love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then there's one of the things that we were talking about is, you know, the movie She's the Man completely just ripped this entire idea because it's motocross, but it's a soccer game. It's a soccer thing, and it's with Amanda Bynes will you Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 2: I have not. It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: She goes to college Channing Tatum.
Speaker 2: Channing Tatum was in that way, geez no.
Speaker 3: I've got to see this now.
Speaker 4: But it's the same movie. It's literally but it's soccer. And I believe the motocross came first, so that if so, they ripped it from you guys, because.
Speaker 1: This again, in all fairness, it was based on Twelfth Night two, so they all ripped it off from the.
Speaker 2: Sixteen hundreds, which that's true Shakespeare.
Speaker 4: There's nothing and I did like She's the Man, But the motocross scenes where whenever they're on a bike, the whole time you're just sitting on the edge of your seat, it looks so good that they did phenomenal in showing this world that had not been shown on the channel before. It was a like a you know, a big sport that was really exploding at the time.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 4: That looked so incredible to the point where I mean, no matter what, if you're going to see one of those scenes, you're going to stop and watch it because it's like it just brings you right into the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's so true, It really was, and you should have seen it in purpose, you know, in person. The track that they made just even around the house in the in the film, the jump that they had come off that one hill and came down was so huge. They were so high in the air. Wow, higher than most motocross tracks that which is why I was like, this is insane. And they built it around this guy's house, you know, for for the duration of filming, and the writers were just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: So now did you get to watch when they when they were when they were filming all the big racing scenes and all the stunts and all that. Were you there for most of that stuff? Were you watching all this stuff happen in real time?
Speaker 3: For for some of it, yeah, I mean mainly the stuff that was happening around the house. But again there was a few times where my character was at the track. Yeah, and that was happened to be the same day that I know, Jeremy McGrath and Travis Stawa and Steve Lampson were all there, and and I think even Sean and Collier and uh remember Brian Deegus or something like that. Anyways, they they were there and uh, it was it was just, like I said, it was a dream come true. They had all the big, you know, cool trucks, the gear, the riders, the you know, and so yeah, you got to be part of the whole thing. And I mean, if there was any more sensations that I think you could have for this film, it's like, I wish you could have the smell. I don't know why their bike exaut smells the best it does.
Speaker 2: It does it's the two stroke. It's the oil. It's the oil and the gas from the two stroke with a ring.
Speaker 3: It's just it was just the coolest experience to get to be there and see him do it. And yeah, they're incredible. They're what they're capable of doing physically on those bikes is just phenomenal. I don't know how they do it so well. And they're just fearless. I mean, these guys are fearless and they've just it's got so much strength and so it's really really, really fun.
Speaker 4: Do you remember for for Alana's character, was that a male or female rider that they had. I mean, I know they had a wig when her hair was longer.
Speaker 3: I think it was actually a male rider, but I don't want to say that because that takes away.
Speaker 1: From the from the bottom film.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't even think back then there there was a ton of female professional riders. I'm sure there are now, oh yeah yeah, But back then it didn't seem like I don't remember like a name that was really big in that field. So I was just going, I wonder if they were, because in Bring that wasn't. We talked about it, and I think one of the skaters that was supposed to be the female skater was not always a female skater. So it's it was tough in extreme sports to find.
Speaker 3: And that happened. That happens a lot in fact, you know. Yeah, what's actually funny is what my brother do was doing stunts in Last Action Hero. His stunt person was actually female.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're out there and uh and like you said, you're right, I don't think there were a ton, But since then, I mean, I can't tell you how many stunt riders that are females I've seen who are just phenomenal, whether it's motocross, streets, stunting, any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some VMX, skateboarding anything. Yeah, they're they're amazing. Yeah, just curiously, if there were a Motocross two, what would your character be doing?
Speaker 3: Now? Hopefully not being a jerk dad like Motocross one. So that's my hope, at least, I hope I would be a little more supportive of like my daughter, you know, riding.
Speaker 2: Or even just cheerleading. He didn't even care that you want a trophy cheerleading.
Speaker 3: It's like, and I think that's really what's interesting, is like I'm super involved in my kids and what they're up to. Uh they, like I said, my daughter's doing, you know a lot of theater stuff. I drive my son to jiu jitsu every time he has class, you know. So I think being involved and I think learning from you know, Motocross one is the key here. And so I mean I think I would just I would have to be that supportive dad and you know, and make make sure I don't follow my father's footsteps. You know.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: We can't we can't let this interview go without bringing up one of my favorite movies, Dodgeball. I'm absolute cult classic, honestly, just great movie. How was that on set filming with these.
Speaker 3: I mean icon I mean it was the iconic you know, I mean, the interview process was, you know, rigorous. What was really really cool is when you know, when I got to set the first day there, I saw Ben Stiller and I and I immediately wanted to go up and say hello. And I see him take a bee line straight for me, and I'm just like, oh no, that comes up to me. He's like, Trevor, what's up, man, You're so funny, I'm so glad you're here and all the stuff. And I'm sitting there going like, Steelers, tell me I'm funny, like and you know, he'd watched my tape and you know, he was one of the producers, and it was just a dream come true. I mean, that was that was so much fun to be a part of that role. I got to play a jerk in that that films don't hate me too much. Whatever, you were a great film. It was a lot of fun. I the only thing that and I understand why they did it, But the only thing I wish is I wish that more people knew about the scene where I actually break every bone in my body and I'm in a full body cast and all the cheerleaders are spitting in my face.
Speaker 2: What did they show that did you film that?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I had to have a full body cast made. It took for them to make it on me, and then we made it, you know, before filming, and then when it was time to film, it took them an hour and a half for me to put it on me. And then I was stuck in that thing for about another eight hours. Oh fully, shit.
Speaker 2: No, And then they didn't even use it.
Speaker 3: And they didn't even use it, and like I'm supposed to be, I'm in it. I'm yelling and I'm angry, and at one point I'm shaking the things so hard I almost vibrate off the table and they had to come over and grab me and reposition me because I was gonna eat it and there was nothing stopping me them. I couldn't do anything about it. But but it was so much fun. We filmed in multiple locations. I think we're in Vegas, uh for you know one of the scenes, and we just had a blast. Like again, everyone was so cool. Everyone was so fun, just along as hilarious fence wand you know, everybody was just amazing in that film. However, I started showing that one the unedited version to my twelve and fourteen year old and realized quickly, yeah, not yet, but we're not there.
Speaker 2: We're not there yet.
Speaker 3: Wait about five minutes into it, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I totally forgot let's put motocross down again.
Speaker 3: All my films and rightfully so oh but Dodgeball was amazing. It was so much fun to be a part of that film.
Speaker 2: That's such a good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got some bangers on your IMDb list, I mean great with some incredible actors.
Speaker 2: You've gotten to work with some of the best in the business. I mean literally some of the best in the business.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I mean, like I said, I've been I've been really, really lucky. You know, everything from I got to work with you Laurie on House. I got to pop punch John Hamm in the back of the head on mad Men. I worked with Dwayne Johnson, you know, for three months on grid Iron Gang, which was an awesome film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's been like I said, it's it's been a pretty uh amazing, amazing life. And you know it's had up and down moments, but you know that's life. That's the way it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's life.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, well, Trevor, thank you so much for taking the time today.
Speaker 2: This has been amazing.
Speaker 1: And the people when they even just get to see the clip of you pop On wearing yeah, the actual motorcycle shirt, it's forgotten, just forget it.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys at home with just boxes and boxes of like all of I mean, Fox, all those companies that That's one of the first things I noticed.
Speaker 3: This stuff is ancient, but it is so good. I couldn't believe it. I was like, I forgot I had all this stuff right man.
Speaker 4: And it's not normal for any kind of brand to be shown on the channel at all. That's one of the first things I was going, Oh my, look at this sponsoring, Like the Disney Channel never does that. No Nike, no, no Adidas. So but it was perfect for it to be this movie for these brands that completely just like were they just prem like cream of the crop brands during that time, especially you know, in this world. So I hope you had boxes of it because it just was everywhere. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: I took as much as I could and I bought the rest.
Speaker 4: And I love it. I love that you bought those bikes and I.
Speaker 2: Want those bikes.
Speaker 3: I want the I know like every every time I think about it, I'm like, I should have found a different way to get some money.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's so funny, crazy, oh man.
Speaker 1: But thank you so much for joining us, and we will see you on the ropes course with Sabrina in her gloves and gloves I can wait.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, will Sabria.
Speaker 2: You guys are amazing, Thank you so much. Can you tell us the name of the company that you're launching again coming up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Luminary Leadership Academy, And like I said, we're launching in twenty twenty five, and you know, there's expect big things, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Where can everyone kind of just keep up with anything that's going on with you? Are you on social media at all or yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm definitely. I'm on Facebook, I have some Instagram and I'm actually I've been thinking about storting my YouTube channel backup for my building and some other stuff that we want to do wrong property. So I don't have that quite set up yet because we've been in the midst of you.
Speaker 2: Know, kind of busy.
Speaker 3: You're kind of busy, but I do. I wish I had been filming this entire time, because it has been quite the whirlwind, moving from la to Georgia, to a farm to a camp, to everything that we've been through. But I couldn't think some recaps and and set that up. But yeah, you can find me on Facebook and or Instagram. Okay, good O'Brien Fine Carpentry was my business there, so you can see some of my stuff there and my story there.
Speaker 2: So that's great.
Speaker 4: Wow. Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Trevor.
Speaker 1: And we're glad that you decided not to pick up your children so you can come and talk with us.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. We know your wife is going. I know you're thank you so much. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you all, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a story, well, not just the movies he's been a part of, in the people that he's worked with, but the story of starting as an actor essentially from the time you before you even know you're a person. Yeah, so by the time you come of any sort of consciousness, you're already in the business totally. Your older brother's a huge success. Then you become a huge success. You're working with everybody. Then you decide you need a big change in your life. You move all the way across the country. Now you're living on a farm, you overcome cancer, you're now rebuilding after a fire.
Speaker 2: It's like you couldn't script this stuff. This is why true life is always going to be so much better than.
Speaker 1: Hollywood, because you could not script the stories that he just told us. And he's sitting there with a big smile, telling everybody, I'm now going to work on having other teach other people how to lead and do things.
Speaker 4: I mean, just yeah, amazing, amazing, so cool. You can tell he just like there's just he's got so much in him, so many different ideas, and it's amazing because sometimes that's not how it goes, you know, especially if you had a really strong career. It's hard to keep finding what that next journey is for you. And it seems like he's just on a mission, you know, And I love it.
Speaker 2: That's being a stepdad.
Speaker 1: It's it's awesome to talk to other people who are so proud of being stepdads. I'm super prib. I always joke about not having kids. I didn't have to, which is great. But she's still one of my closest friends and I love her to debt. So like being a stepdad hearing all that and then the blended family man that is an inspiring person to talk to you. So, Trevor O'Brien, thank you so much for joining us and everybody else. Don't forget that you can follow us everywhere on the mag Well it's not everywhere, it's actually just Instagram, isn't it on the Magical Reline Pod on the old Instagram machine. This is obviously talked to somebody who does know no social media whatsoever. So thank you everybody so much for joining us on this park Hopper episode. We got to interview the incredible Trevor O'Brien. What a story and join us next time where our movie is going to be Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire, which I think is going to be about squirrels. No, I'm getting dragons. Hopefully it's gonna be about Mom dating a vampire. Thanks everybody, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye,