Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Coveno on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, the chat is already popping bro Covino and Rich FSR or dreaman live. It's CNR and FSR. I hope you're having a great Tuesday. I'm in Jersey, but we're broadcasting lot in the Fox Sports Radio studio. We meaning Rich Davis d g Iowa, Sam dan Byer.
Speaker 2: You you see that Jabroni in New Jersey. Hey, maybe he's your neighbor. He's sipping a cup of coffee and he's watching his robot snowblower. Yes, said he spent five grand on it.
Speaker 1: Cup of go Hey. Hey, if you miss any of the show, you want to catch the podcast, search Covino and Rich but again here or see here it is see what you hear at Copino erch FSR. Hey, that's wrong out.
Speaker 2: Before we get into all the NFL some coaching changes. We got new coaches, We got crying coaches. We got a lot to get to today we're gonna play. We also got prizes Showtime, Mahomes Trivia, give me some prizes. We're going to talk about an end of an era and it has nothing to do with sports. That has to do with your travel accommodations. So a lot of random fun stuff. But I do want to bring up something, being that it is snowing in most of the country, or you got the remnants to slush. My sister happened to listen to our best of that Danny g puts together. So what's up LORII? My sister said, we were so off the mark.
Speaker 1: We are you?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not. I'm not a Frenchman. We as in you and I I.
Speaker 1: Don't know about that. Maybe I was just agreeing with you to be nice. We come from France.
Speaker 2: We we We were talking about how in the nineties, when I was a little boy and I would snow around town, I would charge ten or twenty bucks. Twenty maybe thirty bucks are a big corner house in a rich neighborhood. But if you want to do old Lady h McGee's just our walkway, maybe ten to fifteen twenty bucks, and I think we insinuated, Like what is it now, twenty forty fifty bucks. My sister said, the game of kids going around the neighborhood is over. It's like grown men, like landscapers and companies knocking on the on the door. My sister got a quote and she has a house, a long island corner house, but it's not enormous. They were like, yeah, two fifty oo fit two fifty. She goes, there's no way on her. She goes, you guys, when you guys are saying forty fifty bucks, she's like, my goodness. She goes people professionals like people come around there plow and they're like, yeah, i'll do I'll do your house one hundred and fifty two hundred bucks. And you know, people are not effing around, So my goodness.
Speaker 3: Kid here inflation.
Speaker 1: Taking jobs away from high school nosis man, leave it to the high school kids. But I don't even think they're doing it. So it's again, it's that's true. Yeah, maybe the hustle is just not the same.
Speaker 2: So hey, let's do this cr on FSR. Spot's working on getting the video up and running and we are ready for an action packed show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rich, before we talk about Mike McCarthy and his crocodile tears, I was gonna say, you're gonna go get some tishes, Yeah, yeah, before we talk about crying in sports and crying in life. Yeah, his new opportunity that you know, I'm happy for him. The dude, he's got a resume. Dude, we'll go over it. I think we forget that sometimes. Are you sort of bugging out on the fact that we're heading to Santa Clara this weekend? You believe that we're gonna be heading to the super Bowl comes Sunday night and then doing it live, bringing all that fun to you. But we leave this weekend, don't you feel like it's just creeping around a corner and you're gonna have to go to the mall and buy some gear and gear up and represent Like of course, I'm just sort of like in shock that has snuck up on us so fast.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to mentally out there all the stars of the NFL and just you know, random people I want to interview and get on the show. I feel like this is gonna be our biggest super Bowl yet. So Covino and Rich center stage. I saw some renderings, I said, renderings of the set that our buddy we put together, and all the bosses will be there, So I'm pumped to see what the super Bowl's all about. Santa Clara. Is gonna be a fun time and we will be there all week bringing you tons of stuff, and Danny, I would imagine you'd anticipate a few bonus podcasts because we're gonna have a lot of athletes and celebrities, right, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tons of interviews and you never know who's gonna stop by. We get to hang out with Stu Gotts a little bit. It's gonna be a wild experience, and man, it's the most fun we have all Year's kind of our super Bowl. It's the Fox Sports Radio super Bowl. We talk about it us every year.
Speaker 2: We mentioned how for us it's really just bumping into old coworkers. Yeah, everyone in the sports industry just you know, schmoozing in high five. And so it's a great week. So look forward to that next week. But let's kick it off with a story in the NFL has nothing to do with the super Bowl, and it's the hiring of Mike McCarthy in Pittsburgh. Now, this is a team. This is the opposite of like the Jets, who have a coaching carousel every year or so. This is the opposite of teams that every two three years like yeah, we're changing it up. This is a team that's only had a few coaches in.
Speaker 1: Its history, in its history, and they're not let's say, they're not picking any sort of slouch here. Mike McCarthy, as we stated, has been in the NFL for a long long time now, in the early two thousands as an offensive coordinator, Cowboys head coach actually Green Bay before that, two thousand and six to like twenty eighteen, the Cowboys from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four, and now with the Steelers. And I love DB's update where he said that, you know, he he's totally down with having Aaron Rodgers come back.
Speaker 2: Well, if you kind of if you heard the short of it, take take a listen yourself.
Speaker 4: Do you want Aaron Rodgers back as your quarterback next year?
Speaker 5: I mean definitely, I mean obviously why you wouldn't, But you know, I think, just like anything, you know, no one Aaron long enough. I think when players were up in that stage of the creer. They need to step away, decompress it. That's I think that's very important.
Speaker 2: So hey, well we'll see what happens there. But if Aaron Rodgers wanted to go out the way he wanted to go out, it's like full circle for this dude.
Speaker 6: We should absolutely and you guys, we should point out that this higher was underwhelming to a lot of Steelers fans over the weekend. In fact, it kind of felt like a news dump because remember I was texting you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys didn't even really react to the to the text.
Speaker 2: I don't we were. I think we were wrapped up in the playoffs. It was snowing in half the country. You know, that's not it.
Speaker 6: Though, McCarthy's exit out of Dallas, I think most fans in Pittsburgh were hoping for like one of the young up and coming OC's mane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably right. Yeah, And that's why we're saying you can't really discredit his accomplishments though again I looked it up. One hundred and seventy four wins in the NFL, one hundred and twelve losses. I mean, he's been involved for so long. Knowledge coach I don't. Maybe relatability with some of the young players might be a factor, but as far as knowledge and a guy to coach, I mean, the Steelers should be pretty pumped about that.
Speaker 2: Danny g nail on the head. I'll tell you why what day is today? Tuesday? We didn't mention it yesterday. This isn't breaking news. Today was just we saw the press conference and the clips over the last day. Now, but it wasn't new news today. It's just we're finally getting around to it because it really wasn't like, guys, guess what, because you take the temperature of the Steelers fans and I think maybe they were not underwhelmed. I think they were just whelmed whelmed, but also.
Speaker 1: An established guy. I think it's more news when it's like a big surprise, like whoa, you know this guy got promoted or who I didn't see that guy?
Speaker 2: Why are we making it seem like John Harbaugh who signs of the Giants for five years. Their resumes are pretty similar. I don't know if you've seen the side by side, both super Bowl champions, both the same sort of winning pedigree. So I don't know why we put so much more love to the horbond then than we do to the Mike McCarthy. I think it was, like Danny said, the unceremonious exit, and he did well in Dallas. Remember he just couldn't get to that next level and they had to just move along.
Speaker 6: That's probably why Dallas that remind you of Mike Tomlin a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sometimes change of scenery. I think Danny where this is sort of pulling me in. Now because I'm a guy that you give me an emotional story, I'm pulled in. I'm a sucker for that. That's why like American Idol, the show stinks. You know what I like watching like the first episode or so where they show like the backstory of the kid, like, oh my god, he wants his parents and he's deaf and he sings like I love the story.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're ever a shark on Shark Tank, let's say you have money to invest.
Speaker 2: I'm a sucker for the kid with a good story.
Speaker 1: If the person goes up there and cries, are you invested now, dude?
Speaker 2: I get emotionally pulled to that. If someone's like and is uh, you know his parents were in jail and he's an orphan and then he you know, now he's singing on the big stage. I'm like, that's beautiful. So to me, when Mike McCarthy gets up there and lets the world know that, you know, he grew up a Steelers fan, this is a dream come true, and he gets emotional. In fact, you want to take a listen to an emotional Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 5: I understand and embrace the responsibility, the privilege in the way that comes with the stewardship out of city, this franchise, this fan base made the world to me because Pittsburgh is my world and Dodds, it's just awesome to be back here.
Speaker 2: When a grown ass man gets a little choked up like that, well.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe you hit a point in your life where you think you're not gonna get that chance again, and you do. And not only that, it's his childhood team. How cool was that? So I think it's a really cool story. Yeah, we didn't mention it yesterday because we were whelmed. But when you look at the resume, I find it to be surprising. The reason I gave you his resume is because you would think that this is just another job for the guy, but clearly in his voice it means a lot more than that. It's not like he hasn't been there and done that before. You know what, he gets another chance for a team that means something for him. And you know, as you get older rich sometimes you saw it with your parents and grandparents, you get a little more emotional because you're no life short and these are big moments.
Speaker 2: I think if you have boomer parents, you're slowly and surely seeing them get a little more emotional and cry here and there. But you know what, I want to go to Dan Buyer for a second, because you know, I'm sure DB's been all on top of this. You know, it's interesting when he got hired by Dallas, it was a big deal because he was coming off of a successful run in Green Bay for the most part. You know, Super Bowl champion Mike McCarthy's sixty two and that was a big deal. This did go maybe slightly under the radar.
Speaker 7: It was a big deal because it was the Cowboys. It was also a big deal because McCarthy, prior to the to joining the Cowboys had assembled the staff and they worked as a staff throughout the previous season to show that they could be ready. I don't think people thought it was a great hire at the time. I think people wondered of him being away from the game if that was phony. Also, it didn't end well in Green Bay, and so it wasn't like he went out on top with the Packers, despite winning a Super Bowl with them.
Speaker 3: It did not end well. And then when the.
Speaker 7: Packers had their success without Mike McCarthy, I think there was a little bit of an underwhelming.
Speaker 3: Response to him being hired as the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: We pay based on that, though Actually I wasn't asking you many Muno's hit us up on the live chat at Covino owner CHFSR about his exit in Green Bay. Do we know for certain that him and Rodgers were friendly at the end?
Speaker 3: They butted heads?
Speaker 1: I remember that, So we have to are we assuming that everything is good?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: That's another part of it that we really just don't know the answer to you. Yeah, I mean he said some nice things there, and he said all the right things, and he was an emotional I don't want to say mess. He was an emotional moment. But we don't know if Rogers gives a Didley squad about this guy.
Speaker 7: I believe that Aaron Rodgers has a better appreciation for what Mike McCarthy did for his career, cool he did for his time in Green Bay now going through what he went through with the Jets, going through, you know, a season with the Steelers being separated and probably just growing and maturing. So I don't think that they're best friends, but I think that both, probably even on McCarthy's side, have a different appreciation now for what they had in Green Bay, and that's maybe why it could work in Pittsburgh at least their relationship next season.
Speaker 1: Makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: When he took over in Dallas six and ten first year, but then have to so that we remember it was just the under delivering in the postseason because the Cowboys were twelve and five three years in a row, and then seven and ten, and you know he took a walk.
Speaker 3: Dak Prescott at his best years with Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: So what do you think that tears come from the chance to come full circle and coach the team he loved as a child. He's back home, as he put it, or whatever, or the fact that he's getting another opportunity in the NFL. You know, he got emotional I'm wondering what you what do you think it is?
Speaker 2: This reminds me of a conversation we had about a year ago, maybe more, and I'm sure Dan and Danny Gene everyone remembers. Remember we talked about for a head coach to get a third opportunity, they need to prove something because a lot of times you'll say, I'll give you an example, Robert Sala. Robert Sella got a chance with the Jets that didn't go with the way they planned. Now he's taking over the Titans. If that doesn't go well, I'm not quite sure he gets a third chance. Everyone seems to if you're good, and you have a good reputation and people like you, and you can make the argument you just I was set up to fail.
Speaker 1: I think we called it like lightning strikes three times. Yeah, it's so it's so few and far between where you get a second chance as something like that. And we tied it into name other actors that had more than one franchise.
Speaker 2: Right, you get lucky. You know, if you're an NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball manager, you'll get a second chance. If you had a if you had to even a sniff of success. I think someone if you're like again, if a good chance, that's rare. It's the if you were pretty much fired twice to get a third shot means that you're you must be a pretty impressive guy.
Speaker 7: Yes, and they have had success at least at one stop. It's not easy to do to get that third opportunity.
Speaker 1: So playing for your childhood team, coaching for your childhood team, I'm sure has something to do with it. But again, it's that third opportunity. It's trying to make the most of it, take it all in in front of his home city. I think there's something there too, Like, you know, what is the chance that you make it to the Biggs, You get to the NFL, the NBA, or your best stories, and.
Speaker 2: You end up playing for the team you rooted for. I mean, you just see the pictures floating around of an adorable teenage Drake May and his girlfriend and he's got Panthers gear on because he's a Panthers fan. You make the NFL, you go to the team that drafts you, and that's your team.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Joe Montana, we interviewed Joe, and you know as a Niners and I'm like, good Niners baby. He's like, yeah, when I grew up as a Steelers fan, I'm like what. And then you know Tom Brady. Tom Brady a huge Niners fan, but he made his life in New England, so to go play it.
Speaker 1: Never leaves you. We always debate. We debated for so long if he'd come back to play for the forty nine Ers because that was his team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it could you know, I do think of a guy that you're you're stupid Yankees, the Volpedo. I always remember the story of Anthony Volpi. Who's your show, your sharting staff? Yeah, here's your sharting short stuff. He shoted a few times in key moments. You're starting short stop Anthony Vulpi. There's pictures of him rooting on Jeter with his pinstripes on, and he's a Yankees fan that's playing short stuff for the.
Speaker 1: Yankee was at the parades back in the day, Garrett Cole holding up banners. He was a Yankees fan. That's why I thought it was only fitting that Bellinger was a Yankee. Again. His dad played on the Yankees. He's got little kid photos of him wearing Yankees gear. Ben Rice was a Yankees fan. Jeter was a Yankees fan. It happens, Yeah, it happens. But it's not that often that people get that opportunity to play for the team they loved. So, yeah, it's like a dream come true? Dude, how many how many players? Believe me? We named a few. It happens a lot. I think the list is not much longer than what we said. It's like, I imagine a percentage is really low where these players get to play for the team they dreamed about as children.
Speaker 6: Like Adams when he went to My Raiders and unfortunately that didn't end well. But remember all the pictures surfaced of him growing up in the Bay Area with all the streams come true, Danny, Yeah, imagine that, you know, just putting that uniform on, just putting that logo on, it.
Speaker 1: Always means that much more. And really I got to really really bring it down to make it relatable. But when my baseball dreams went away, when I realized I wasn't taking Jeter's job for the Yankees, honestly, I did set my sights at well, what am I a big fan of? And that was radio and I was a huge, huge rock fan and working at Kay Rock, New York for me was like playing for the Yankees of radio because I was such a fan of it and radio was big, and that format and genre was huge in my life at the time. So in a way, Rich, I can't say I could relate. Believe me, that's not my point. I'm just saying that it does mean more when you care and you were a fan on the come up.
Speaker 2: It matters a lot. And I'll tell you why I'm a Mets fan. The fact that my son and I you know, as you know, number one coach on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did that start?
Speaker 2: Always been Danny when I drew the number for the Little League pony ball draft and this year were the Mets.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: And that's my kids, the reilliest example. But I completely understand. I'm excited. Makes it better if I'm excited that me and my kid are on the pony ball Mets. How do you think a pro feels take my feelings and a hey are you or are you not the coach of the Mets or some people say it's Mendoza, I say it's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's not lying. It makes it more special. So I think it's a mixture of all those things together.
Speaker 2: That's why you get what do you think everyone, Michael, what do you think every little kid out here in LA wants to be on the Dodgers Little League team with the pony ball team because it's the Dodgers. So, like I said, amplify that by a million, by a million. And that's that's what Mike McCarthy's crying about.
Speaker 1: It's a solid point. So think about that other stories where the childhood dream actually came true. And I got a second layer to the question I'll give.
Speaker 2: You, I'll give you one. You hear it a lot on big radio stations like Z one hundred in New York or Kiss FM out here in LA. You'll hear a pop star say like I used to I would listen to you on my way to school, and you guys are now playing my song like this is the radio station, this is the iHeart station I listened to yeah, and like, you know, like I remember, I think it was like I think it was like Ariana Grande, who I told Elvis Duran, like I used to listen to you on my way to school every day, and now you're playing my song like it you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's full circle. It's that childhood dream and more examples. Next, and I have another question based on Mike McCarthy. But we got NFL breaking news.
Speaker 2: B let's go.
Speaker 1: Breaking news from Fox Sports.
Speaker 7: A report from ESPN says that former Patriots head coach Bill Belichick will not be a first time first ballot Hall of Famer as he did not receive enough votes to be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this upcoming summer.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 7: The report from ESPN's Don Van not a Junior and Seth Wickersham say that Belichick fell short of the forty votes out of the fifty needed to get in. Who's eaton, quoting at least four different sources, is saying that Belichick was notified of this news on Friday. Belichick quoted as saying six super Bowls isn't enough and what does a guy have to do? But Bill Belichick will not be a Hall of Famer this summer, according to this report from the ESPN.
Speaker 1: Joke, dude, that's only a joke. Second to Rich not being acknowledged by his Syracuse alma mater. That's a job.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: That really is. I know He's had a rough year plus a shaky storyline in recent history, but what he did in the NFL is unmatched, and I don't know how that's possible. So he must have rubbed somebody the wrong way.
Speaker 2: He needs to uh, I shure one of the voters is in Jordan Hudson's dad. Seriously, that makes zero sense, honestly, Like I'm, I'm this is tough too. What more does he have to do? More does he have to do?
Speaker 7: It's kind of a no news sort of thing, but I think it was so surprising in hearing that because we all just felt it was a foregone conclusion. Mike Holmgren got to the final round of balloting last year and ultimately did not get in. I think that he should be in. I think Mike Shanahan should be in. I think a bunch of these guys should be in. And now it's like their case isn't as good if Belichick's not getting in.
Speaker 2: Sid, Mike Shanahan, Holmegron, these guys are our generational coaches, and Belichick is on the top of that list. That is what le bizarre to me. It's like Cavino, who was the Yankee that was missing like one vote had ninety nine percent, Like, was it Jeter or Marian Rivera was unanimous?
Speaker 1: Right, Moe was I think the only guy?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And Jeter was one vote?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like one guy And it's like, who is the person that said, you know, five World Series the captain clutch mister November. I'm a Mets fan. I don't like, but in my mind, I'm like to not vote jeteran to not vote Belichick in those those Jabbronis deserve to get their vote taken on.
Speaker 1: You could think whatever you want about Belichick as a person. You from the Patriots. Yeah, it doesn't matter because I think everyone should be able to acknowledge what he did for the Patriots and in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: So that's that's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the breaking news, dB Hat. That's wild.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 7: And there's there's one other layer to this. He was in a coaches category. Bob Kraft, Patriots owner, is a finalist in the contributors category, So you wonder did Craft to get in and they're like, we don't want to mess with Belichick or we'll have to see, We'll have to see how it plays out. But both were up for possible enshriment this summer, but Belichick apparently not good enough to make the cut. We'll see if the Patriots.
Speaker 1: What do you think there's a mistake there, Like, oh, there has to be an error, Like was there a hanging chad? It's a misprint?
Speaker 2: Is that the case of the hanging chad?
Speaker 1: Twenty five years later?
Speaker 3: Twenty six years later? My good.
Speaker 2: We'll think about it if you're voting. Forget the six Super Bowl wins, nine Super Bowl appearances, right, the two Giants losses and the Eagles loss in the I mean as an assistant, as an assistant, I don't oh, I don't win as an assistant analog show.
Speaker 3: Yeahs he had two and twenty one and twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah so Mike, so all that and nothing huh no beings.
Speaker 1: Dedicated his life to the NFL and was great at it. That's a joke. I feel like someone's out for him. If not a misprint, or he really did something behind the scenes we don't know about, because that makes no sense at all.
Speaker 2: Geez hi w your thoughts about Belichick, your thoughts about Mike McCarthy. I want to get into the crying at or.
Speaker 1: Maybe Brady winning with the Buccaneers really spoke louder volumes than we thought.
Speaker 2: Maybe, so we'll get to all that m more next right here, Kevin on Rich on Fox Sports.
Speaker 3: Radio taking it one day time.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's Ben, host of the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking what in God's name is the Fifth Hour. I'll tell you it's a spin off of it. Ben Mather Show, a Colt hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will We chat with captains of industry in media, sports and more every week explore some amazing.
Speaker 2: Facts about human nature and more.
Speaker 8: Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Mike McCarthy so emotional and we're talking about it. I'm a little emotional hearing about this Bill Belichick snub. But there's some theories floating out already on our YouTube page at Coveno and Rich FSR, and I think it's got some meat to it. We'll explain. Covino and Rich, We got the meat live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. I'm here in Jersey. The rest of the crew back in LA. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Put your goals within reach at University of Maryland Global Campus and Accredited State University. Apply now and see with no application fee. Classes start February eleventh. Learn more at UMGC dot edu one more time, Rich, UMGC dot edu.
Speaker 2: And guess what if you've wiped a dry toilet paper CHICKENI my goodness, this is terrible. It is gotta get dude wipes, is uh? Is it life changing?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are they wet an extra large and flushable Yes?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I feel like you're in greater spirits ever since you got your dude wipes.
Speaker 2: Well, because weather is just better Cave, you know, Velvet, Amazon and wherever you do your shopping nationwide, dude wipes best clean pants down. And uh, I told you were thinking about guests to line up for a Super Bowl week.
Speaker 1: I can't believe leaving this Sunday.
Speaker 2: I was just texting. Not the name drump, but I was just texting our pal, Guy Fiertti.
Speaker 1: Should we do some tailguexting one with the blonde spiky hair.
Speaker 2: Just the guy, Just the guy.
Speaker 1: Just the guy as part of the Super Bowl ad, Right, that's why we're seeing all these weird viral photos of Guy Fiertti.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's part of a Bosch ad and it's he's just a guy. So he shaved the goate no more spiky hair for the ad and everything. But I was thinking, do you think it would be fun to do some type of cooking tailgate bit with him? I think we do that. That sounds fun though, always yeah, who would say you know to that? Sorry, bring your donkey sauce and let's go to Flavortown.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's gonna be action packed next week lining up the guest as we speak. Can'ta talking about all the coaching changes.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Lost in this mix is Buffalo Bills and how they just hired a head, which we're going to talk about that. But the other news Dan Byer broke in with Bill Belichick not going to be a first time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I was thinking about, Rich, I had an epiphany. I was using the bat room when it dawned on me that, yeah, you know, there's a lot of people that just didn't take kindly to the fact that he's affiliated with some cheating scandals. Ah, and that's why your boy Carlos Peltron even got some flak. But he got voted in. But there was a lot of speculation, and you know, some people really hold a grudge, more so to certain people than others.
Speaker 2: And Bill Belichick, not the most likable guy, maybe rubbed some people the wrong way and they're like, you mean Bill, Spygate mill, the flat gate mill.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Den Byer and I were talking about that during the break that yeah, there are people that might say, of course he's going to get in, but because of Spygate, maybe maybe just not the first time. Isaac agrees with that. Let's go to Isaac and Casey. What's up Isaac? Hey, Isaac, you know what Isaac? That means that were both just geniuses if we're thinking the same thing.
Speaker 1: What's up, man?
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to say. First off, though, to be you know rich, I listen to you guys every day, and seriously, just one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 2: Thanks man.
Speaker 4: You guys helped me through tons of tons of things, and it's just I love you guys a show. It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I just want to give mad props. But yeah, I just thought, I mean, if Pelchick's not getting in, it's because one of those votes. Those guys are like, are mad at him for cheating, you know, or for being accused of cheating multiple times.
Speaker 1: They're making a statement, they're saying, we didn't forget, and this is our reminder because the credentials are there. Our immediate thought was that's ridiculous. But when you think about why, and that's why they did it, to remind everybody, and you're like, oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: But Belle Tron was on the cheating astros and he got into the Baseball Hall.
Speaker 1: That's why it was controversial though, now I know.
Speaker 3: But he's got no resume like Belichick.
Speaker 2: Different except for.
Speaker 1: Some reason, he got an exception. You know why, because he's more likable. Some people just get that pass. Dude, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Different listen, different crimes, right. I mean, also, you could say that all these when I think of the greatest ball players of all time, I think Barry Bonds is the greatest baseball player in the history of baseball. But there's people that would say, no, way, never, and I think that's crazy. But again, you could say, that's a bigger crime than spy game. What's up, Dan Bayer.
Speaker 7: Let's also be honest here that Belichick probably wasn't the warmest towards some reporters.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: And these are people who vote for the hall You mean anto Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're on a Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: This is clearly what's going on when you really dissect it and break it down, making sense of something that didn't make sense just minutes ago. That's exactly what happened. So Bill Belichick snubbed for the NFL Hall of Fame. Of course, like you said, Rich, he'll get in. But this is their way of making a statement.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Another statement is Mike McDaniel's leather jacket with a pop collar at his Chargers press conference. Oh yeah, bro, goodness, he looks like he should be looking at the fonds.
Speaker 3: Did you see how much it cost?
Speaker 2: How much that people already looked at that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is it like?
Speaker 2: Some two thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: John Varvados jackets wish twelve thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: A twelve leather jacket?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Fonsi's from the Smithsonian. That's funny. Oh, what's up? I was say? Hey said you had something. I think that I think Bill Belichick blew it with the voters that be to get into the Hall of Fame when he said this on record.
Speaker 6: I guess I'll just put it nicely and pass on the opportunity to get involved in talk radio.
Speaker 3: Oh, how could you do that?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Burn Bridges with that?
Speaker 2: Let me say this, Jordan Hudson, I think there's some sympathy love going on in that in the Belichick household. The next day or so, grumpy oh daily.
Speaker 1: Some sympathy Booty. Perhaps you might, yeah, he might. Why not cash in when you can? And another coaching news. You know, we'll continue to talk about bell Check throughout the day. We'll take your phone calls. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, we were talking about the resume of Mike McCarthy and how you know, he's been doing it for a long time, and he seemed to get emotional at his press conference with the Steelers. It's his childhood team dreams come true. But when you get older, you realize these chances are few and far between, and he had some tears and it got us thinking about a few a few things. Actually playing for your childhood team, those dream moments, those childhood dream moments. But Rich, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're I think you are.
Speaker 1: Absurd in your next level. And that's not a macho man's statement. I was thinking, Hector Macho Camacho, he's the macho man bro I would as a fight fan. He was my first macho man. Dude, he's like their people. Those here's the village people. You know, the Hector Macho Camacho is the fourth macho man. I think of what do you mean the four I think of the village people. I think of a supermacho man from Tyson's punch Out, and I think.
Speaker 2: Of mochell Man ran Dy Savage. You put super macho man over Macho Camacho. I mean he was the guy who had a beat bright before Tyson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of my face?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well anyway, I'm not trying to be like macho man here, But how many cries do you get per year? We already established as you get older, you do tend to get more emotional. When I say older, I mean Mike McCarthy and up, he's sixty two. He's still relatively a young guy. He's still doing But we've seen that with older people in our life. Right, think about that for a minute. So how many cries are I'll think about that.
Speaker 2: I got a number in mind, a reasonable number to damn buy for an update, dB. I know you got a lot on your plate, but this Joe Kelly hiring is this? Uh you think he's the guy that Josh allenand would say, that's my guy?
Speaker 3: Or what Joe Brady? Yeah, Leaf Pitcher, that would have really sent shock waves Joe.
Speaker 2: Kelly how I was like, what Joe Kelly, I mean the outspoken relief Pictcher. No, that's right, Joe Brady. Is Joe Brady gonna make waves? Or is that what you think Josh Allen's down or what?
Speaker 7: I think that Josh Allen had a lot to say in this Higher, And I think that there are a lot of people in Buffalo wondering why this was the higher when Brady had such a role in what the bills did they listen?
Speaker 3: They ran the ball really well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you don't want to lose that momentum. But you also wonder how much of a plan Buffalo really had with all of this. There was a poll that I saw online from one of the writers, and the name escapes me. I think it's a anyway from Buffalo. They did a poll. Seventy two percent of the results were that they were against the Joe Brady higher with about fifteen thousand votes in well, that they did not like.
Speaker 1: Welcome that Josh Allen had to have a huge say for a five year deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 7: Joe Brady five year deal to be promoted from offensive coordinator to be the Bill's new head coach. In other coaching news, Mike McCarthy yes, saying he definitely wants Aaron Rodgers back for next season in Pittsburgh. As McCarthy was introduced earlier today, the Broncos have fired offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi after their loss in the AFC Championship Game to the New England Patriots. Jaguar Zosi Grant Udinski and defensive coordinator Anthony Campinelli will return to Jacksonville in their respective coordinating positions. Jets and offensive coordinator Tanner Engstrand are parting ways after one season. Brian Dabol going to be the new offensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans. And again the news that just came down within the last hour, Bill Belichick not receiving enough votes to be enshrined as a first ballot Hall of Famer in the class of twenty twenty six for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. ESPN broke that news. Two other notes, calv center Evan Mobley's going to miss one to three weeks with the calf strain, and at the Australian Open, third seen in American Coco Golf lost in the quarterfinals in straight sets, while men's top seed Carlos Alcarez onto the semis guys, back.
Speaker 2: To you, Brady, youngest coach in the NFL now, thirty six?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know the ages.
Speaker 1: Kellen Moore right off, thirty nine. Kellen Moore, Mike McDonald, McDaniel, Mcdanneyeh, I means.
Speaker 7: Mike mc You mean mac donald. Mike McDonald is older than thirty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Mike McDaniel isn't the head coach.
Speaker 1: I know, So I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Kellen Moore thirty seven. So it looks like he's the youngest coach in the NFL right now, Look at that, thirty six years old? Is that wild to think someone like significantly younger than you is like walking on the field like I'm the head coach.
Speaker 7: And there could be there's three more vacancies, Browns, Raiders and Cardinals still open.
Speaker 2: Perfect a right, thank you, dB. We'll take Covino's thought about how how much you allowed to cry as a grown man? Is there a limit? We'll get to that my home showtime Trivia and a bunch more next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Oh, shout out to all the macho men rocking out with us on the Cavino and Rich Show. I'm Steve Macho Covino, that is Rich, he puts the cheese and machismo Davis and together we farm Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio and Rich, while you dance to the village people, people ku watch a Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. It's time for our ti Iraq play of the day. Talk about an amazing sequence of events last night. The Lakers were on fire in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: On the floor Smart Luca Lebron Rueie Luca Ribo finds the bottom of the net.
Speaker 2: Fourth quarter magic.
Speaker 1: How about full game magic? Right now?
Speaker 3: That one that one go defense by Jackson, Hey, Jackson.
Speaker 2: A's on the way Oak.
Speaker 1: That was courtesy of Lakers, TV, Spectrum, Sports Net Our Tire Iraq Play of the Day. For over forty years, Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free road, has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tirack dot com. We tire buying should be rich. Yeah, but I was sipping on my doctor Pepa baby is good and nice, dude, lute, I really was, and I had to use the bedroom again and I had another epfanny. By the way, this is no commercial. I'm just hooked on that jingle by Romeo. And I know the Bill Belichick thing has to do with robbing people and reporters the wrong way, Spygate, the Flaygate, all these other things. It has to be he's short of forty of what. No, he's just short of forty needed No, yeah.
Speaker 2: You need for the fifty and he's just out of fifty.
Speaker 1: But when I had this other ep fanny, it dawned on me how petty and jealous poll could be. And do you think that the Jordan Hudson thing had anything to do with maybe a voter or two people are Patty dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are jealous. Hey, and you listen, I don't think it helped his case. I'm not saying that's the reason.
Speaker 1: People. You don't think it costs them a voter too.
Speaker 2: People could. People could say they separate things, but they don't like they don't. My example would be, you know, when they would take away remember they took away Reggie Bush's heisman. Yes, and I always said to you, it doesn't matter. I remember him flipping into the end zone, so in my mind he won. It doesn't matter if they take it away because you can't forget it. When the Astros won the World Series and it's like, yeah, but dud were cheating. Yeah, very well were. But guess what I remember them celebrating, so it happened. You could say, well, we're just focusing on his NFL career. I guess what we all watch for the last year and a half, Bill Belichick being what appears to be bust around by some hot twenty something and not doing some people and.
Speaker 1: Jealous people or just people in general may perceive as creepy behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be held against the same like I think that you could. It's like you know, in court when someone goes, I'm strike that from the record and you're like, yeah, but I just heard it. Yeah, Like I just strike it, but I know, yeah, Like you can't unsee things, so I know what you're saying. You're saying subconsciously. Maybe even people are like, look at him now, and that combined which my game, I don't know. Let's say he was one or two vote short, which he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's it's possible that that's what cost him and it's a shame. Yeah, he'll get in, but lesson learned.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that combined with the message of right, you're gonna get in, we're not giving you first ballot because of some little things here and there, that feels more normal. That feels like more accurate to me. He was just shy, deba or what.
Speaker 3: No, I was. I was just gonna say this one quick point. You're right. I think the voting was close.
Speaker 7: But this also affects every other candidate that could be a head coach because there was only one candidate up this time to be in the Hall of Fame. So now everybody else is gonna probably have to wait through next year because the voters wanted to have their way and that's probably not fair.
Speaker 2: Is uh? What you said with Mike Shanahan, what was his story?
Speaker 7: Shannon Holmgren was a finalist last year, didn't get enough votes. Shanahan's on the ballot. He was a semi finalist, as was Tom Coughlin, all those guys.
Speaker 2: But with Mike Shanahan, what he did in Denver, with l Way, what he did as a Niners coordinator, Like, how is that guy not in?
Speaker 3: I would preaching to the choir.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you. I don't. I don't keep an eye on who's in the Hall of Fame. As a coach, I would have assumed all the guys you mentioned were in. I was wrong. All Right, we got more CNR. We'll talk about crying next in a bunch more hangtight.