Speaker 1: Hey, it's Broke and Jeffrey and welcome to the Second eight podcast.
Speaker 2: We haven't done one of these in a while. It's been minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the second day, you're gonna say the next.
Speaker 4: Thing every day.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, O.
Speaker 1: My brain was moving faster than my life. The closure call, we get a brand new one for you today. And that's when someone just writes into our show and works with our producer to come up with four questions, sometimes five questions, to ask somebody from their past who they don't have any contact with anymore. Closure, Yeah, to finally get that closure. So we got one coming up for you in just a second. But first comments, Anthony Amato.
Speaker 2: Said, yeay, my daily fix.
Speaker 5: I don't drink or smoke, so y'all are the only addiction I need.
Speaker 2: I don't imagine.
Speaker 4: We start the segment.
Speaker 2: A couple of minutes later, he's like shaking in his car.
Speaker 1: He's like, I've never done drugs, but man, I'm sure this is what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, welcome to it. You got to closure call. It's start right now.
Speaker 4: If you had a chance to go back and say something to the one got away, what would that be because we're gonna do that right now.
Speaker 2: We're calling all of our got away.
Speaker 4: So Brooke, go ahead. You could tell me whatever it is that you've been dying to tell me all these years.
Speaker 1: It's not you, jeff Brook's too scared.
Speaker 4: She's too scared to come out with. But one of our listeners isn't She says, twelve years ago things suddenly ended with the man of her dreams, and not a day has gone by where she doesn't wonder what happened to him? Wow, is there any chance that he's been doing the same thing as she has? We're gonna find out in a brand new closure call coming up right after this. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we do this from time to time whenever we get requests for it. It's a special segment we have called the closure call.
Speaker 2: Oh a minute since we've done one of these.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Normally, it's like an awkward situation happened between friends or family members that left more questions than answers, right, And we're willing to step in on your behalf to try to track down that person from your past and hopefully get you a little bit of closure that you need in order to move on with your life and just feel better about where you are.
Speaker 2: I love this segment. I think it's so fascinating.
Speaker 4: It is very interesting. It doesn't always go well great, but.
Speaker 2: Well that's just kind of on par with the rest of our show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just how closure works. And today our listener Ashley is on the line. Apparently her situation involves an old boyfriend from her past who could possibly be married to Brooke. Now hopefully that's not the case, but let's find out from Ashley. Ashley, welcome to the show. Hey, I don't have a lot of girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Brooke, he had some girlfriends. Yeah, he's a cute guy.
Speaker 1: I mean he better have had some girlfriends. I definitely I do not want to have been as first that will.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank goodness, Ashley. I apologize on behalf of the rest of my host here.
Speaker 1: But I was just gonna say, if she is my husband's ex, I was going to thank her for the hard work prior to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're making it strange, Ashley. Thank you for being on the show with us.
Speaker 6: Here, You're welcome. So I was hoping you guys could actually help me out because this situation has been bothering me for a really really long time, Okay, And basically, like I've been dating for probably like almost twenty years now. You know, I wanted the whole marriage and a family, you know, the white pick of sense, and for whatever reason, I really don't know why, but it's just never happened for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's going to tell you why it didn't happen for all because is his name, Michael.
Speaker 6: Let's just go out the way, Daniel. His name is Danny. But like, you know, I've been trying for so long, but there was this one memorable relationship from about twelve years ago and it's like still on my mind and I just want to know what happened.
Speaker 1: And like, okay, okay, slow down, you were talking so fast. Do you feel like this Daniel, he's like the one that got away? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: Kind of? But it was a really weird situation, like we started dating and we became boyfriend and girlfriend, but it was like a long distance relationship type of thing where we don't get to see each other like once a month. Unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of every guy's dream and it's not ideal for like a healthy loving relationship, but it does work sometimes.
Speaker 6: But it was pretty serious stuff, Like it wasn't like I was just going to his apartment, Like he was taking on some like the most amazing vacations like I've ever been on, all around the world, like the Caribbean, Italy, French, Polynesia, and like when we work together, he would tell me gifts and like roses and noting how much he missed me and blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Get me the presence. I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: Okay, So clearly this was a stronger connection than just like a long distance fling. He seems like he really cared for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought so, because he was investing a lot of time, after energy, you know, finances like everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, at that point, were you thinking, like, man, I could move and be with him?
Speaker 6: I was like, Oh my god, is this my ever person? Because up until this point I felt like I was living in a fantasy land, Like why would you break up?
Speaker 4: Sounds like an awesome relationship?
Speaker 5: Well, I hate t hease the word love bombing, but it sounds like a classic explosion.
Speaker 6: Well, it definitely wasn't my choice, but like one day, he reached out to me and he was like, listen, I have a friend. She's a girl who's going to be in town for the week. She needs a place to stay, and I'm gonna let her crash at my place. So I was like, what the hell? I was obviously feeling insecure about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, especially if it's a friend you had never heard of before, right, Like he was a true friend.
Speaker 2: It would have been someone that you already knew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like Sarah, I've always told you about they won college best Friend. Okay, but since you didn't know this girl, you were feeling uneasy about some random woman staying with your boyfriend for an entire week. I mean, we ever could see that like a little bit, Alexis, you wouldn't care like a boyfriend of yours did that though, Right, that'd be fine for you.
Speaker 5: Well, if I get a vacation out of it, I mean, next week he takes me to feed you, you can look it out.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 1: It's interesting a guy that can afford all these like luxury vacations and he can't afford to get a hotel room for his friends.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's a good that's a red point right.
Speaker 6: There and anyway, So one day I called him after work and I was asking him what was going on, and he said, well, she's going to be here for longer than a week. She's kind of down on her look, And of course I was super confused, like my emotions are boiling over. I'm furious. It's triggering me like right now, like I'm still not about it.
Speaker 2: We can tell.
Speaker 4: So I didn't even date you, and I'm already scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, did this lead to a big fight?
Speaker 6: Ended up like hanging up the phone, And then I sent him like a three page text like explaining my feelings and he called him later and he's like, nothing's happening, and I'm like, yeah, but this isn't making me feel good, Like what about my feeling?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: So all of it is because it is huge, right.
Speaker 4: So what happened after your three page long text message?
Speaker 6: Well, it obviously didn't go well and he ended up blocking me. WHOA, yeah, So I don't know. I thought like hoping he would come down, but I never saw or I never heard from him like ever again ever again?
Speaker 4: Do you have any idea like are you able to follow his social media or anything like that, and like figure out what happened.
Speaker 6: I can't find him, Like, I think he's got me blocked on everything that feels me. I looked and I've searched, and I just there's nothing.
Speaker 5: Did your three page texts get kind of nasty to him to get blocked?
Speaker 6: I mean, like I was mad, I was super hurt.
Speaker 1: I mean he sounds kind of emotionally immature too, Like, no matter how mad you are, you don't block your significant other.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, actually your email said that you wanted us to try and track this guy Dan down and send him a few questions so that you could figure out what's happened in the last twelve years because you haven't been able to talk to him at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I want to know, like what happened back then, like why did he stop talking to me?
Speaker 1: Okay, but I also think we might need to prepare for the possibility that he might not even remember this at all.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't remember, that would hurt. At least that would be closure, Brooke, I.
Speaker 3: Will yeah, I would be like, who are you even talking about now?
Speaker 4: Well, you've already worked on the four questions with our producer that you wanted to send to him, and Daniel your ex did respond, so just not applicable, not applicable. Yeah, I remember he gave real answers to each and every one of your questions. Are you ready to hear them? Ashley?
Speaker 6: I am, oh right, Okay.
Speaker 4: Well you're gonna have to wait because person need to play a song and then we'll come back and we will continue, hopefully give you the closure that you need with your closure call coming up right after this. If you just joining us, we're trying to answer a question that's been bugging our listener, Ashley for the past decade plus. She's wondering, like many of us have, whatever happened to my hunky, rich doctor ex boyfriend who used to take me on vacations all over the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was also long distance. I think that's really important to know.
Speaker 4: Yes, because they did have kind of a weird falling out where he had a female friend stay with him at his place. Meanwhile, Ashley, who was long distance, felt insecure about a strange, beautiful woman sleeping over multiple nights.
Speaker 1: She doesn't even know if the woman ever left became locked her, she could be there right now.
Speaker 4: According to him, they were just friends. Uh, we don't know what what happened, but it starts. The insecurity came out in a scathing, three page long text message that Ashley sent, which went completely unanswered and has unanswered for the past twelve years. Yea, and Ashley, I know this is all sounding very fresh for you. Still just hearing the emotion come out and your voice in the first part. I mean, clearly this guy meant a lot to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did. I'm I was serious. I was so hurt. I mean like I'm still hurt. Like, yeah, I really want answers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that's a lot. But it has been twelve years and people can change a huge amount in that time. Just look at Brooke in her outfits out.
Speaker 2: I guess twelve years ago I was wearing skinny jeans.
Speaker 6: Oh y, but the.
Speaker 4: Beanie and glasses have always stayed true. True somethings don't change. But let's find out. Because you know how this works. You worked with our producer to come up with four questions that you wanted Daniel to answer.
Speaker 2: Man signed Jeff.
Speaker 4: Daniel has responded to each one of them. Let's hopefully get you some closure and start with the first question here. So question one. You said, Hey, Daniel, I'm sorry I'm going through the radio to do this, but you blocked my number years ago and didn't responded to my text, and I never knew why. Moved on by now and are hopefully happy with your life. I just want to let you know I still have fond memories of our time together.
Speaker 2: But how is this question?
Speaker 4: Yes, I know it's long, but you know these are the emotions to.
Speaker 6: Make sure he was open.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean your page text remember, yeah, this is short for her style.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she says, hopefully you did too. I'm just sad how it ended.
Speaker 2: So there is no question there yet. Interesting what did he say?
Speaker 4: So he responded to that with wow, I did not expect this. That was so long ago, and absolutely it was a great time in both of our lives. What I think it's a good thing you're saying I had fun too.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm surprised that he said that they were great time with the how things ended in everything. Well, okay, is there is there more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't finished. I'll address that part. It says, honestly, that text message, I don't remember what was in it, but it was really long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, free text when you were mad and.
Speaker 4: I just felt like I didn't know how to make things right and it was easier to just not deal with it. I assumed that you had moved on with your life too and forgot all about me. I'd love to get an update on you.
Speaker 6: Yay, why no way? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Are you shocked to how casual his response is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I don't know if I'm happy. I'm you need to look it in a smile on my face right now. I think I need the rest of the answers though, before I get too excited about this though.
Speaker 1: Okay, but were the next three just praising him again and how much we miss him?
Speaker 4: Let's find out. Let's go to the second question, which was so okay. So currently, I'm thirty eight, in single, no kids, no marriages, and when I look back on my dating life, I think about that time that we had. You were always one of the kindest, most generous people I'd ever met, and I just wish that I had the courage back then to fight harder for you. Oh it's my biggest regret. Wow, you had no question, She's just put out there.
Speaker 6: Well, I felt like if this was you know my only chance to get answers, I should like really be honest.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see what Daniel wrote back. He wrote, that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Please don't beat yourself up about this. Life just kind of happens. I also wish I had the courage to do something more back then, but I'm not very good with confrontation.
Speaker 2: Oh, obviously he keeps going.
Speaker 4: Funny enough, I was married but it didn't last, and now I'm actually single too.
Speaker 6: No way, so wait, wait, wait was he married to the girl that was there?
Speaker 4: That is not made clear. He didn't make that a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Alexis.
Speaker 6: I thought that would sound like way too jealous to go and say that.
Speaker 1: Actually, your whole story was throwing up cheeter red flats left and right.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 4: But now that we're in it, well, the bottom line is he was married but it didn't work out, so he's single now. Okay, that's the part that I think we should be focusing on.
Speaker 6: I mean, it makes me feel a little bit weird if like he did choose her over me, like that was kind of like rude.
Speaker 2: And not would like hurt me, but he dumped her too, so she dumped him either way.
Speaker 1: Dude, what's the third question, Jeffrey, give us something good here? Brook.
Speaker 4: I like that you're assuming that it's a question which we haven't gotten in the first two. But there's hope here. Remember we send all of these prompts all at once, so Ashley didn't hear any of these responses. First.
Speaker 1: What we've learned so far is she got blocked because he didn't want to deal with it.
Speaker 5: Eddie's single if she wants him bad basically, So let's.
Speaker 4: See how this goes. Question number three, I miss you so again. I don't know if you're married, divorced, or whatever the case is, but I'm being vulnerable here and saying if you're not in a relationship, I'd be lying if I didn't admit there's still a spark in my heart for you. Woo. There's a question next. What she says, would you even consider the idea of us meeting up again some time?
Speaker 2: Yay, let's go, Ashley.
Speaker 4: You put it out there.
Speaker 6: I'm embarrassed now, nosed.
Speaker 2: That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Twelve years you've been thinking about this, twelve years you knew exactly what you wanted to say.
Speaker 4: You were brave enough to at least throw it out there. So what a Daniel respond with?
Speaker 2: He said, Oh, don't disappoint her, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I would love to. He keeps going, although I do have to wait a few months because I'm currently wearing an ankle monitor and legally cannot leave my house.
Speaker 2: Hey, girl, he got that money somehow.
Speaker 4: He keeps going. I won't get into it now, but if you Google search you might see it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Some publications are calling me Doctor Noddy for things I shouldn't have done, but I want you to know most of those instances are untrue. Why wait, and now that my wife has left me, it would feel really good to have someone in my corner. Could you come over, preferably in the next two weeks before my house forecloses. Oh my god, I mean, hey, good news and bad news.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's bad. That's bad. I don't want to date a criminals. It sounds like she just wants me because he's bored in.
Speaker 4: An alleged alleged criminal. Whatever Doctor Noddy happens and still single just.
Speaker 6: Sounds really messy. I mean, I'm definitely gonna google and look because I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, I searching doctor Noddy would get a lot of results.
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't think you're gonna find tax evasion when you.
Speaker 2: Get a nickname like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta do the Google search yourself.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: We're running out of time, but we still have one more question. You shared a fond memory with him, you said, I just wanted to tell you I'll never forget that summer. We went to the Caribbean and we stayed at the Ritz Carlton. It was the most luxurious and romantic moment of my life. I still look back at the photos sometimes. And who knows dot dot dot You never know what the future might hold. A license, Does he still have money?
Speaker 1: We don't know that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't leave the country, you guys.
Speaker 6: He can't leave the house until he gets closed on, so he's going to be.
Speaker 2: Forced to leave.
Speaker 4: He could be broken. Daniel clears things up. He says, well, actually I do know I'm not allowed to travel outside of the US for the next decade decade pending litigation. And I remember how much I spent on that trip. Depending on how you're doing, I would love to get reimbursed for your half legal bills are astronomicals, and then he did a wide eyes emoji.
Speaker 1: Block him, block it away, No, no way on.
Speaker 4: Half of the reimbursement. Maybe just a quarter would be enough for him.
Speaker 6: So I need to be completely honest, no way on him, Like I mean, I'm really glad that he responded, because now I can like move on with my life and put this behind me. But like, no, what the hell like hotness express, I don't want to deal with this.
Speaker 4: No, but think on the bright side, you could make a ton of money with a tell all book called I Dated Doctor Noddy, The True Story of What Really happened.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'd buy it.
Speaker 4: I'm customer number one. So you come out with that and we'll be here for you. That was your closure call. It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man, it felt like we were this close to a true happily ever after love story with this. Think about it, we do four questions. If we had just stopped after question number two, they could have been together.
Speaker 2: That would have been a good thing for her.
Speaker 3: Jeff Oh, yeah, South after number two, I don't know, it could have been just like the Notebook where Rachel McAdams comes back and Ryan Gosling's working on the house wearing his ankle monitor asking her to pay the rest of the money that he owes.
Speaker 1: We were this close, and it's sad he's working on the house since he's gonna lose it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still sweet that the thought has gone into me, you know, making all the repairs.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good lesson on how sometimes our memories don't serve us right on who the people really were that we were with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or the people change a lot in a short amount of time that's possible.
Speaker 2: To decade was long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it raavaged that doctors, but totally. If you ever need help with your personal life, feel free to reach out to the show. Email us and we can call whoever you need us to call. And if you're listening on the podcast right now, make sure to hit that subscribe.
Speaker 2: Thank you.