Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's Greatest Tips.
Speaker 2: Rick and Bubba. Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 3: I did to what, you know, some people call it the staycation whatever, where I'm pretty much staying around home and just kind of making up the days we go on vacation. And you know, one of the things I talked about a lot is I went fishing quite a bit at the little family farm and enjoyed it. So I was fishing and just having a blast, and it was a it was a beautiful day. So I'm fishing and the boys are I don't think Big Love was there, but I know that the eleven year old was there, and he's, you know, he's got his BB guns and pelt guns and he's trying to you know, he's gonna, you know, rid the world of crows and things like that, and and so.
Speaker 4: He's non migratory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's doing that. And I'm fishing and and and all of a sudden, this helicopter comes over there that I'm fishing, and oh and and and it's look kind of helicopter, was it? It was black, solid black, all right, So I think I'm laughing. It's a black hell. And I'm like, look at that black helicopter, and I'm throwing out there was I got the fission? How many propellers to heaven? I don't remember all that, but seriously, you couldn't see the person in it. You really like that, So I think I think you'll hear it. Oh yes, probably, yeah, it was not. It wasn't overly loud, because so then I'm like, Okay, flying over the pasture, flying over the pond, I'm coming back even lower. Okay's still flying over me, flying again, getting closer, dropping down, real close, just above the trees, flying over me again, coming back. This helicopter continued to circle me. I'm not exaggerating this for twenty minutes. It would just and he would not leave my area. If you pay your taxes, you would have that problem. Well I thought I was. I thought I was paid up, you know, and I start thinking. At first, you start out, you don't think it's anything. Then you go okay, and then I did, which I don't know why we do this. I tried to make contact. I finally went to the.
Speaker 4: Contact, the uncomfortable contact, the helicopter, the uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Oh you waved, hoping I would see maybe a student who's learning to fly a helicopter way back, you know, maybe a stay in it. Do you think the students get the black helicopter? That's what I mean. And I don't want to believe anything other than there's nothing to this, right, But it just got creepy, and it just kept on and opened a door, throw out a rope and somebody come down on it. Did he? How about? There was even at one point where it was coming just over the trees again. And I got to give you the setup where I fish. It's a the majority of it is just a big pasture. It's it's open, and then there's woods that line it, wooded areas that line it. And so it would it would go out over the over the and get about tree level that low, and then come right down the pasture and come over me. As I'm fishing, continue the water moving from the I mean from it that I can feel the wind really and I'm like, okay, this is getting this is getting kind of weird. And that is weird. You start out it's nothing start. And then at one point I see, like my son runs over there deady is why is that io to keep circling this? I'm like, I don't. I don't really know. You know. At one point I expected leaflets to come out run, you know, I mean, I didn't. And then there's that weird feeling when you think you're almost all you then you start thinking you almost see a gun on it or no, but you don't.
Speaker 4: But a black helicopter gunship. You know.
Speaker 3: At one point it came over the trees like you could see right here's where he'd start firing, you know, and suddenly parts of it would start hitting the water. The reason you go red, for some reason, always hits the water first. I never hit you for you know, for some reason they always miss first. Is if they can't hit you. On the first show, Greg, what do you think? That was weird to me? And then he did it for about twenty I'm not exaggerated how long about twenty minutes? Because I even did what I was doing one exactly fish Well bothered you, It bothered me. Yeah, but you know, may I kept one time, I do you remember so much part of my life for that period of time. There was a weird period where it would circle me and I wouldn't even acknowledge it. I just kept on fishing. You know how long something has to go on for you get to the point that you returned to your routine. You were going to catch anything. I don't know the limit. Are you out of season? You know in the movies before the Help, Brod shouldn't shot that vulture?
Speaker 4: Right in the movies, you always you hear the helicopter and you don't know which one, and everybody goes and then there it comes over the tree. You know, always in the movie we noticed.
Speaker 3: It was very strange. That is weird. Did you just stay over your property and then go back up? It stayed at my property, which is not all that big cirt, you know, if you're on a helicopter, my property is not a big big Have you planted marijuana lately? No? I have not. That may have been what it was looking for this one. Well, you know what, here's what I went first, I went, I went here was my first thing. Here's it. Look, listen, listen, here's where you go down the checklist. Because this is how paranoia works. And all this. First of all, Greg, Well, look at there. There's a helicopter. That's it. Nothing else. Look at that. He ain't kind of load. Come there, Hey there's a helicopter. Hey, Brody, look at a helicopter. That's how it starts. Then hell here then okay, still here? Uh training someone Brody? Probably training, you know. Okay, still here, while getting lower looking for forest fires. Look, they're looking for forest fires. What they're doing. Of course, they're not over the wooded area. They keep circling the past which, by the way, one round the helicopter you can see the pastors not on fire. Yeah, okay, So then you start thinking, okay, that can't be. Then then you get down to this one game warden looking for some but why are they here? It's just me and my boy. So then then I passed out, And then you get to what you were talking about. Marijuana. They're looking for marijuana, all right, but they've circled this patch I'm talking about. I wouldn't say patch, Well, this is this patch of land. You'll have another right right, No, no, look guys, right, look this pasture. Yeah yeah, this pasture crop. What I'm saying is you, if you're in a helicopter looking at a pasture. How long does that taken? Not long, not very long. Scan it, scan it out. I mean you might circle, you might, you might if you're really being thorough, circle three times. I think down. I think you got two options. I got to one point. It's like, hey, man, back off.
Speaker 4: I wish you had just set it right now, Rick, I think you got a couple of options here. One it could be Gary the bulldozer driver out looking for trespass.
Speaker 3: He's taking us, He's taking us to the next level right or after making a grown man cry who shot a deer off somebody.
Speaker 4: It could very possibly be pilots who were out on a training mission and they saw someone fishing and they were wondering if you were having any luck. As they were talking about they wished they were fishing. Let me tell you this, that is probably more.
Speaker 3: Like I did. Think about that. I caught a pretty nice fish as they were circling and they saw me bringing me in. I thought, okay, I finally did it. Yeah, but they kept going. I mean, so it went on, Rick. If I was for a uncomfortably long time, if I.
Speaker 4: Was flying a helicopter at a fairly low level, so I could see the people and say I saw a guy walk out with a three scoop ice cream cone out of light basking robins. I'd probably circle just to say, hey, check out that ice cream coming and I wish I had one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you circle that long?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: I might maybe, depending if it was robed or the government's come and take your farm, either one.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Okay, all right, we'll be back there.
Speaker 4: Are you boarding out there somewhere? No, I mean, are you doomsday prepping or something?
Speaker 3: Look, they could have landed in the pasture and i'd have give them a rod want to fish.
Speaker 2: We'll be back ricking bubba, ricking bubba bubba.
Speaker 3: As we get back to we're getting some people asking and they're watching on Heartland. Uh, you know, as we do have the TV cameras kicking right now with Eddie van Adler and the same thing this morning. Everybody's want to know, what is this on your arm?
Speaker 4: My compression sleeve?
Speaker 3: What is that? Well?
Speaker 4: Rick, yeah, I'm trying to squeeze some up there.
Speaker 3: You know I did something like this, Look, stay with it.
Speaker 4: I did something to my elbow a few weeks ago and it has hurt and I've iced it and uh, it's not really fitling any better. So I'm doing icing and compression on it.
Speaker 3: That's not a real good compression slave, isn't it. That's just like a warm yarm. You need something put yourself well for anyone in bands that goes right here around you, even one in Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 4: It's not a drink sat it's not all use those for a while. It's not like a tennis elbow thing. I'm just trying to do. I'm just see if it will help it all.
Speaker 3: I thought you burned your arm or or.
Speaker 4: I'm just a shooting guard in the big in the big tournament. You know, everybody's got.
Speaker 3: I know she's doing the break wiping at the bottom of your tennis shoes. I thought you were coming in to tell us you weren't on the show today. You had a tennis match in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying it out. So it's helping just sitting there. So you you have a compression, you know, you'd have to ask the rehab people.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, they're they're pretty popular with the're by now, so rest ice, compression, elevation, you know, the drills, but quite frankly, there's no way to hold it.
Speaker 3: It just looks so straight cut impression on round that corner this morning. I don't know. I went into his office this morning. I thought some mighty taking over his office. I can't see. I thought, there's the kid that plays your roughing here was off. Yeah, got the bumm oh boom. Y'all don't go down to Boomont's house about me knowing about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very import He just said they're popular these days, not coming into work. I mean they're popular on the tennis court and basketball court. If you play those sports, you know, we don't just wear them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's another missed opportunity on my part because I remember playing basketball in high school or ninth grade, tenth grade, and and thinking, man, it's cold and drafty in this gym. I wish I had something on my arms out here, especially when you sit in the bench it gets a little.
Speaker 3: Well, you had that warm up jacket when your name on it. I don't know if we had all that. Oh we did, love buddy, sure enforcer. Well okay, okay, Carmelow, Well let's go in here. But your guy is cubicle to Danny's got one of those sleeves on somebody wrong.
Speaker 4: Well did you see too, I mean they have them for just there there. I saw one guy this weekend had one on one shoulder. He just had getting carried down the beach or playing basketball.
Speaker 3: No, he was in work, are sitting at his computer Walmart. I got appentually got the cashier as one of you know, I don't have enough sleeves, like we'll see that works impression that that hair cut. I need to pull that, but pull it on up a little higher. If you got down on you a little bit too. I want a picture of you right after you came out of the barber.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think there is, but if that's a week out from when you got because man, it was tore.
Speaker 3: The hide off. You had white walls all around like it's good.
Speaker 4: Look ye I want you to stay like a little bit longer on top.
Speaker 3: But no, no, now I like that. But what was it you remember the James jamieson years or was Jim James j James j James from Spider Man's Boss. This is even beyond that. Well, it was white on the side and darker on top. You know that was a j Jamison.
Speaker 4: Look have you have y'all watched the basketball turn but at all gave it a little bit?
Speaker 3: Is that why you're wearing it? You like? I looks beyond now.
Speaker 4: I really want my left elbow to quit hurting like somebody's put a nail gun in its around form. It's not a tennis elbow. It's hurting on the back.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's tined enough so as your tricep, because you know it's never the problem is normally not where it hurts. It's all above it. It's right back in there somewhere. So we'll keep now. I haven't seen any of the tournament. I haven't, i'd like I said, I've only been back. Like say, they didn't have good coverage out there in the I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what they had it covered here in the States.
Speaker 3: Oh buddy, my gosh, I had some upsets. I kept up with us all do got beat by Mercer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well that made their their program, didn't it.
Speaker 3: The first time I heard of the tournament was when I got home with the twelve year old said, well my bracket stinks. Yeah, that's the first thing I heard. And Bubba, I know this is rarely happened. There was no perfect That perfect bracket went out the windows every other year, that one. You know, it's funny.
Speaker 5: War Buffing came out and said last week, if someone got to that Elite eight or Final four, he would offer them a hundred million dollars or so in order instead of the billion, to see if he would take it.
Speaker 3: I would, oh, I take him. So I took a hundred thousand, and that had been nothing for him. Pop off your water taken by the odds. I mean, come on, I'll take a hundred thousand? Is that? When sleep? Since we've been I remember where that came from. Since we've been gone, you don't remember the playdo barbershop? Dave and a haircut? Don't remember shop?
Speaker 6: It's even funnier. Don't even know the reference. I thought you had a haircut. Don't you just make it know? Or shooting sleep at work?
Speaker 3: We've got to.
Speaker 4: I forgot how hard this disk is. I wish i'd got one with the.
Speaker 3: Uh steady got skin cancer. I saw some work that aids then it's all. I wouldn't have it. It's not gonna be that.
Speaker 4: Now we got to hear about Gregg's turkey honey, but before.
Speaker 3: We do that. Since we've been gone, Greg didn't get one. A new one was a show.
Speaker 4: Sounds like he did Speedy too, but Grant.
Speaker 3: We haven't been able to pull off looks like boo, he looks like a kid you can drink and eating dog crap yah boom eat anything.
Speaker 4: Since we've been gone though, How about Bruce Burrow is now the coach in the world.
Speaker 3: Did you see him when he when he when the fans came out, he gets in the middle of him, heats. It's crazy, you know, cheat and well they're gonna have any more barbecues than back people that's out. Well it's the lie about Yeah, I don't think it was the cheat. I think it was the live he's a record he said. Look I messed up. You know, you know he is funny.
Speaker 1: He busted for it's not even against the rules, it's not yet Otherwise.
Speaker 4: I tweeted out a picture of when we all played golf together. You member, he was my go his name. No, I'm gonna say this because you don't have to be in a robot voice. We're adopting all the dogs we can from Sochi.
Speaker 3: Russian names don't forget that. We got to do that. We can't his name.
Speaker 5: Oh you can't bring a dog back from Sochi and not name him.
Speaker 3: So now you got Vladimir. Well once.
Speaker 4: We are, you got five of them, how do you not you can't name them? Alsoching that'll be a mess trying to call one up.
Speaker 3: You can name them after that band over there, O p r. Of them getting actual whips. By the way, that that's ther which they had it spelled out Greg. We got Greg, we got it.
Speaker 4: That was hilarious when they took that guitar and the trash in and that guy wandered over and got it.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about him snatching the the boggins off their heads. You know they cover their face while they're whipping them.
Speaker 4: Well, bottom y'all worried about security there, I told you it wasn't gonna be a problem.
Speaker 3: Well, bottom line is, if you decide you want to protest against Putin and you just think you're gonna do an impromptu concert and set up with mask on, probably ain't gonna happen. Yeah, I couldn't believe the screoty didn't just remove them. I mean, you see one time they have on the ground gave her a little cross the back to Rick. They're using horse whips. Yes, on pr Rick. Here's the thing they talk about a riot. Now that's was that that group or a different it was members of it. It was they got a song about this anti Pootin song that two of them serve time for it. Yeah, it is that.
Speaker 4: The police officer or a bell said, jumped in.
Speaker 3: Basically a little sillery. I don't know. It's rent a cops, is what it is that they brought in. Bottom line.
Speaker 4: See, they got that video out. So the next group that had a performance plan went, I think I'll skip Rick.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go over to the Ukraine where it's safer.
Speaker 3: Well, there was none of this. Hey, y'all thought, what you're doing? Yea he walked up and immediately wow, yeah, they start hitting them with horse whips. I'm talking about that was that was the first step. Yeah, there was no y'all star that's enough of that. It was wipe. I mean they came in when the horse so you say, I'm grabbing it and bogging all so so Putin. Putin is still living under the look. I may I may not be, it may not be us s R. But we're not to the point we're gonna let people have open protest against the president. I love the IOCA, though, they're like, hey, this is a Russian government issue. I we don't have anything to do with it. We don't have anything with PR. That's none of our Olympic security. Beating PR no whips. From the look on his face after that hockey match, they may be whipping the hockey team.
Speaker 4: You may see you hear that Prass conference with the coat. His opening line was just starting, just start killing me.
Speaker 3: Now, eat me alive. Yah, yeah, he said eat me. He said, y'all eat me alive.
Speaker 4: Right now, because he knew, he knew how it was going to be. Matter of fact that the Russian hockey team is looked at on a lower rung than the wild dogs are in associate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look human beings here. Police watch them.
Speaker 4: That's hurt.
Speaker 3: Hit the camera man. You know what comes another one?
Speaker 4: I think this is an announcement the call. I mean, they're looks ning concert is over game.
Speaker 3: We're watching the the ride. The police come in and take care of the band that was gonna protest, poot and band. We just call them p R Rick that video. Yeah, yeah, everybody just says it. Red eyes will throw it out there in the heart in a second.
Speaker 1: Guys, they were in they were in those cat those masks and just hopping around having a g and that first horse whip hit that front.
Speaker 3: I could see her face through the mask. Don't you know now what arch Speedy? Watch here? This is how soon. This is how soon they get hit. They don't even barely get underweight. They get through the bog They're give them the boggain. I mean, the minute she starts to sing, she takes a he she's gonna sing her song, and here comes the first horse with spray. They're telling them that now they've sprayed her with That's why she's holding her eyes and hello, how about my how about a little hopping dance? Stop? Yeah, concern over. He even started hitting the photographer. I'm sure he did.
Speaker 7: You don't take pictures here they come. Yeah, now, shut down, Speedy, Rocky is not there. You're not doing Drago's voice. You're doing Rocky.
Speaker 3: They're beating that band up pretty bad. Greg. They are on the ground, got her on the ground. She can't believe that she's not as fired enough about singing she doesn't have the mock up, And they said they're changing the name of the band to p W They should. That may be the most severe case of it I've ever seen. Somebody just how's getting it lay? We'll be back stake us.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba Ricking.
Speaker 4: Bubba, a former Fayetteville postal carrier who was receiving workers' compensation payments after injuring herself on the job, pleaded guilty to fraud in federal court on Monday. Kathy Rinch cash Wells claimed that she couldn't lift mail trays into a truck due to a two thousand and four on the job shoulder injury. Was called into question in September two thousand and nine when she appeared on The Price Is Right and spun the big wheel not once.
Speaker 3: But twice, and I mean spun it.
Speaker 4: According to the endicement filed in September twenty twelve, cash Well raised her arm above her head and gripped the handle with her left hand. On the second spin, she raised both arms above her head and gripped the same handle with both hands.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what about Kathy cash Well? She ever came come back to where now she's I I ain't lift her arms. She filed disability since she can't lift her arms anymore. Come on down, and I bet you're wait American. Once she reached up high to do that, Katie spent hers still spinding, Kathy Rich, Come on down, Kathy disability, cut on down, jumping up and down there now in mid one dollars? Yeah, try to get cute.
Speaker 4: Investigators say that the lady knowingly when she wrote on her workers compensation paperwork in September twenty eleven that she couldn't stand sit, neil, squat, climb, ben, reach or grasp. Private investigator Alison Blackman said the workers compensation fraud is not uncommon.
Speaker 3: You think, let me ask you this. Shouldn't we have another way of checking just her filling now a piece of paper claiming she can't stand being reach or graphs. Shouldn't somebody go check on that? Maybe? Yes, that's just me. Is it wrong to say you're about to take tax dollars by the way out out of a program that tax payers support if you claim that you cannot sit, neil, squat, climb, ben, reach or grasp. We're gonna sit here and we're gonna we're gonna see you prove that. Yeah, I mean, just because I put it on paper, you must be saying, what now, Rick, anybody shame has left a bite? See think about she went on, this is how human beings work. She's pulled off. Fraud is getting a check, which, by the way, what kind of walking around decent human being would take a check for something they know is not really their situation? Read why can you go to sleep at not? It's very common.
Speaker 4: But anyway, it's like a big game what you can get away with.
Speaker 3: But I'm such a me monster when they tell me they're gonna put me on TV on prices. Right, But let's think about it. You have plenty of time on her hands. You got boarder. If you've already taken money for nothing, you'll try to go on a game show to win something for sure? Why not?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 4: The private investigator working for the state of North Carolina estimates that thirty percent of the workers compensation claims in that state are fraudulent.
Speaker 3: I bet that's a I bet it's I bet it's hired, and I bet it's half. It's close. I told you and this one early and when I first started with powercap. One of the jobs I was collecting was a horrible job, and I hate to make fun. I went gonna turn this guy's power off, and he calls out from under the truck that he's changing transmission under and tell me how he was waiting to get his disability because he said, doctor that told him I can't work and her plan costs my back. He's changing transmission now at his house. He's changing out the transmission on the vehicle, saying I'm waiting on my disability to come through. Yeah, because he said doctors and to them, I can't work down there. I said, will you look around right now, buddy, you're really you're getting after it. And once again, once again, and when we talk about these things, some of y'all do not hear. I put him in the dark, And I beg you to really listen and try and try to hear. You put him in the dark, and try to hear. Oh, yes, that one right out. Yeah, and you know what you said based on what I saw, maybe you can read it some way to work. I know you back's bad. But here's the thing. What this does has so many of these things. It also harms the people of the program that truly really needed. And I see because once again, I don't believe it's like the free lunch program my mother had to run that first school. She said. I think that we just kind of had the incorrect, naive assumption that no human being could live with themselves if they drove up here in a brand new automobile let their kids out to get a free lunch. But they do it all the time, and the way we check it does not call these people. We really are just taking your word for it that this is your income and you And by the way, I still don't know where these situations are that nobody can provide a sandwich for their kid. That is an extreme situation in this country. Extreme with the food stamp programs and things like that. You can't pull off a sack lunch for your kid for school, really but anyway, so uh. But but these things get abused, and then what happens is people who really need it. I think a lot of a lot of really we can't believe how bad the human state can be. A lot of us believed it would be a tiny percentage of people that would really take a check for not working when they're capable mentally and physically working right. But buddy, we missed that one. If you seen the latest numbers people on disability in this country, can you have you seen it?
Speaker 4: Believable it We would be hard pressed to have that many people on disability if we had been at a world war for five years.
Speaker 3: And being bombed today or night right, I agree with that. So anyway, this woman was collecting disability for a couple of years and there she was got busted on price is right, The price is right, spinning that big wheel. I wonder she won what is the showcase? Showcase showdown? And she has it pleaded guilty that she was committing fraud that she was capable of handing handling her job at the at the mail We'll be right back, ricking.
Speaker 2: Bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 3: So you know, I've been working on trying to be a little more handy. Uh you know that game and uh how's that going? Uh? Well, you know, I'm I'm I'm not very handy, and I can tell that my wife wishes I was more more handy with you know, tool and fixing things. And you know, I've been living off the TV trays that I put together with an Allen Rinch eleven years ago. That was a big day. And and I keep bringing that day up, and she says, we don't even have those anymore. And I said, but you remember me putting them together. And so, you know, so we we have. And I look for opportunities that I think I can do, you know, just so I can, you know, do a check more. And I certainly don't want to get in over my head. And I've got too strode everywhere that various people have given me at various times that I've ignored and never used. And and so you know, I'm a I'm a turnkey person. And plus I want it done right, so that usually means I certainly don't need to be doing it. I don't have any real handy skills, but I was. I went, I went up the stairs. Our college son has come back home, so his room. I walked up and I looked in the bathroom and there's a there's a ladder, and I said, what's what's going on in here? She said, well, you know when they when they painted in here, I don't know what happened to it. That the air conditioned vent here, which is straight up blowing down from the ceiling. She said, they didn't put it back in. I don't know what happens. So it's just a it's just a hole here in the sheet rock. And so I've got a vent I need to put back up there. Where was the old one? I don't know. We don't know where it is, so I don't know what happened to it. Or maybe she found it and they just didn't put it back, and maybe that's what it was. Maybe this was their word. Have any of this key? Maybe that's what she had. She had one. I didn't know. She didn't know where it came, anywhere it came from. I guess this is the one that they forgot to put back when they finished or whatever. So I said, uh, well, you know, a little lady, just step beside, I said, I said, I'll be handling this for you. It sounds like a tap. Once you run along, do what you've been doing. That's two screws there weeve. I got that, I got my Phillips said I'm ready. Well, you don't want the Phillips said that because that's a on. It's a long deal. So she she brought that out. With my mind, I kept thinking, I think I have a drill somewhere that that you can put those little adapters on there that are various types of screw drivers, and it actually.
Speaker 4: They've had that for a while, and you pull it and you pull a trick use a screwdriver.
Speaker 3: A drill is a screw driver, and then you pull the trigger and it.
Speaker 4: You can even set the torque if you want it slow and high torque or a high speed.
Speaker 3: I found I found that it goes each way too, and you'll get frustrated if you don't realize that. To be little left Lucy, that's right, Yeah, I put her to lose. Can I tell you something?
Speaker 4: If it's a DeVault on the outside, you push in to screw, can I tell you what push in the screw?
Speaker 3: Tell what I don't like about that? The righty tidy left you, Lucy, you're one hundred percent right, of course. This is just unless it's left hand through this, which is rare. This is just a button you're pushing through each side one ways forward, one ways back, which you can look at understood. But what I'm talking about is, here's here's something I noticed though, because you know, I'm getting pretty handy. What I noticed? What I what I noticed was when you go to get the drill bits tightened. Are you talking about with THEE it's the opposite. Yeah, left tightens it and right loosens it. And I didn't like that that through my whole righty tidy left you, Lucy, for you should be able to fill that when you do, Greg, I did feel it. I'm just telling you violated the rule. We just screw it in to tighten it. Guys you said, no, No, I'm talking about when you take the bit and put it in the end. You have to loosen it to put it in, and then you tighten it for the bit to stay there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well with mine, all I have to do is put the bit in there and pull the trigger like I'm tightening, and hold the ring.
Speaker 3: And I see what you said. This one didn't. So first of all, first of all, first of all, y'all know what happened. I got this, So I go, let me go, want you get down from there. We gotta we got a drill battery ready screwdriver thing somewhere, And so I went and rambled through all the tools and the tool you know thing in the in the garage toolbox. Now it's one of those things in the garudge. We have all different drawers that called to box. It is if there's tools in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tools holding it's commonly called the tool box.
Speaker 3: Amaze, you're carrying it on your side like yeah, but anyway, tool place and and so immediately I find I find the drill and of course I pulled the trigger in the back of and uh, you know why I hadn't been using years. I didn't need it for the TeV trades by now could you just use the screwdriver? By now I've been done? Greg. We tried that little while. It really was going back because keep in mind, you're you're not down here, You're you're here trying to go up. And then of course you got you can go through the sheet rock and miss the wood, you know, and all that. Then you think you've done something. All you've done is missed it and it falls out and hits you on top of the hair. There was there a screw, No, there were that you had to put it up there and then put the screw in there. Well that's something it was designed to be. It was dying. Yeah, that's what it was for. So one time, one time I thought I had it with the hand deal because I was frustrated about the battery and I thought, I said, well, that ain't so bad. But I completely missed the wood. So then when I let it go, it fell off and hit me in the head, and I thought it cut because you know, events got some edges on the Oh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I said, honey, we got thing you got. You got to be sure you got wood on the other side, is it? How did you miss the wood though?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean where the vent was, where the hole was, Here's here's the wood I need to be in picture, my finger be in the wood I need to screw into. Those things are tricky. It went right past it, Yeah, missed it. There's not a whole lot of wood there. You got to hit it just right. Yeah. So anyway, you may not put it in straight. Well, I'm telling you, and I first put it in that that hole did not line up on the wood. I know exactly what you're talking about. So anyway, of course, I thought I had it to hit me in the head. But anyway, so so then and that did hurt. And you know that thing when something hit you that it's like it might be sharp. That first moved to the head to see if you're bleeding. Yeah yeah, and you feel moisture your head, and then you turn around, see if any of your sons anybody saw it. Nobody did, and try being bald. It just really shows you would have been cut by yeah. Yeah, so my, my, my tremendous hair blocked it.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so like a shield, So I said, honey, we got to put it off. I got a charge of battery, so then I got it all. Then I go away. Then I try to find the battery charger. Are you back at the two place? Yea, I'm back to two plus that's true too, thing yeah, and so then of course I can't. I push it in there, and I put it on the charger. Well, I think if the lot comes on red, when it's green, it's ready. That's what I thought. That makes sense. Well, twenty four hours goes by and that thing's still red, and so I'm like, you got dead battery. So anyway, so I get the battery and then now I can't get it out of the charger. I keep pressing the buttons trying to pull it, and I'm wrestling it and uh and finally it pops out. What brand name is this good. It's the orange one kind of orange. Uh, but anyway, black decker maybe, yeah, very possible. So so anyway, so I said, I'm just gonna put the battery in and see if it's charging enough. Okay, and hey baby, when I put that battery in and I hit that and then then Sherry's in the kitchen and look, I just take it and put it by my side. I come walk through, headed up, and I said, head it up, take it on draill and to go up there. And I just stood there. I had a T shirt on with shorts. I was kind of sweating, and iuse I was there wrestling that battery and sweat whipped you and uh. And I looked at it. I said, I said, if you need your husband, I'll be going to fix that, fix that event for you. I said, if you want to watch me sashet away, you can, but don't let me distract you from what you're doing there. I had a guess, what was you talking about? It went good once I started, you know, getting going the right way to tipen okay, and I spent some frustratading moments backing it out, backing it out again.
Speaker 7: But.
Speaker 3: It didn't go as smooth as i'd hoped.
Speaker 4: Okay, let I'll tell you what happened on it, so you didn't put it in too far.
Speaker 3: Now you're not even sure it's gonna stay the event up. That's a dangerous vent. And don't stand up. Greg. I know you got to be excited because I know there's a lot of Thanksgiving traditions that are coming up, and you know, you start hosting, and you or whatever, and you get up and a lot of people love and I know you love it. To turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. It ain't nothing like a parade on television. It's right there. It's almost as good as fireworks on television. Their neck and neck, Greg, both of them on TV. I love to get up and see the parade.
Speaker 4: I'd like to watch your preade on tell on television.
Speaker 3: Fireworks on TV may be the goof. That's the ridiculous, Greg, I had found.
Speaker 4: I've been to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Trust me, TV is a better option. I just think who on the whole experience. Yeah, now, you don't watch fireworks on TV. D Oh, yeah, I love fireworks on TV. I love for fireworks.
Speaker 3: You kind of have to be there. Yeah, and they're still you know, take on that. But you know you've seen when you've seen them. Yeah, fireworks the same fireworks show since I was five years old.
Speaker 4: Fireworks in person are better. I mean, it's it's always better to be there. But but the Thanksgiving Day parade, I mean, that's part of getting up on Thanksgiving Day and having.
Speaker 2: That's a deal.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this. We we I will tell you this. We will have it on. It's not a sit down. But as you walk through the room, it's on, you know, and you walk by and go look at there that you're at the SpongeBob floating down.
Speaker 4: There'll be some singing group on there. They'll have a little float. Yeah, when we were there.
Speaker 3: Don't forget when the latest Broadway musical stops and does a little yeah hey, and boy are there enthusiastic about it? They are there right there, there they are.
Speaker 4: They are the one we went to. Boys to men was in the parade. Just stop sung if I.
Speaker 3: Was there, because you're in the weather. That's the worst parade. Greg. The crowd of parade.
Speaker 4: The crowd is just I mean we when we think the crowd, we think college football, maybe NASCAR, nothing compared to that. I mean, it's did you climb upon parking meters you can see you're about twelve people deep. I mean, at best, I will tell you. But but the good news, a lot of it is so high up in the air you can see it.
Speaker 3: I can understand todays our giant I mean, I mean that's a little different the prades we're supposed to with high school vands and people on horsest ros. I love those parades too, and hot rods, well, no, to me, I love parades. A parade Shriners have about this. A parade to me, Greg a parraye to me, Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Anything that's a stepped down from that. You know, your Rose Bowl parade. Now, anything's a step down from one. Spinning one. Yeah, but but I understand. I can see people sleeping when you go see balloons that are as big as building. Yeah, that's a big I can get that. But I'm like you the local parade when when all of a sudden, you got all the little big ball teams and I'm standing here, come a bunch of trucks with Little League teams in it, and there goes the president of the bank with a cardboard sign on the side of his car. Why do I Why am I here? I mean, what what? What am I here to see? You know what, kids, if you play your cards right, you can see the Bank of the Bank president and maybe and maybe even as sheriff, you know. And it's just like miss Jim Bosson. And you also see those kids that play in your Little League thing. If you're in our truck near them, Yeah, they'll have a sign made out of glitter on. You know what, what's the draw? It's just going out there now Macy's, I get that's a big now. But I'm telling Macy's and New Year's Rock how anybody, Well, that's fine, keep on wishing your wishes don't come true. But but I'm talking about when you go to when you go to like if I was going to Macy's Thanks can Prey like Bubba got to do, or I was going to the New Year's Eve thing, I would I would work and it would be difficult. You'd have to almost do it years in advance to get a room that would allow me in my hotel to go out and watch it from there. These people that go and get down in it. I don't, I don't know who, and I enjoy the local presses and raining if wow, hey I can hardly move and Wendy on me. But I'm here vomiting. You got them throwing up? But why am I just watching? That's like it was some of them. It's a tradition that's handed down. Here are some traditions that are bad that we're still about local candy throwing because I always like.
Speaker 4: The people got hit by car on the Macy's though there is a there's a park and I don't remember which one it is, but a lot of people will go down on Friday night because they're blowing the balloons up and they're all in one area, you know, and before they line up, and it's really that's really impressive.
Speaker 3: See all that.
Speaker 1: If you could be one thing in the parade to get you to do it, what would it be? In other words, Hey, you're gonna be in pray and this is what you're gonna do. I mean like I would be I'm on a horse, I'm on a go kart. Something that would be entertaining for you to get.
Speaker 3: About talent fee the only thing that gets in I'm you're a member of the parade. What would it be. Well, I gotta be okay, you're gonna be Santa. Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying I ain't nothing. Let me tell you I got one goal. I mean my goal is I want to see it because you know, we have the Christmas Prey and jass Well every year and Miss Reid does a great job. Me and Bubba were in it one year. If I could get me a full sized Bubba balloon and walk it down as Bubba as Bubba through the square and have a big having one flying above that, we can pull that off. I will if we had, I will hold the road. What if he was in a dipper was called Baby Bubba and we're gonna come right through the square.
Speaker 4: I don't think Jacksonville is probably not set up because of.
Speaker 3: The power line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could get you know on that route. They've already taken care of all.
Speaker 3: That's true. The only way see I know that will never happen because I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong. I could be wrong because that that may be the straight up real sign that that does. Macy's right, So you you probably don't get to be Santa. Yeah, Greg, the beauty of this though, the smaller as you get to dress up. But there probably have the real one there on the one at the tree line other night was now, granted you had a Southern accent. He's from the South. I don't think it was the real Misclaus though.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: They always talk about the wind with the Macy's.
Speaker 3: But having canceled when you sometimes.
Speaker 4: If you certain balloons can only take so much win. But when you see there's twenty people on ropes, hold the wind will kill out gut and it picked somebody up off the ground and people are.
Speaker 3: Running like now that's entertained. And you don't you don't fully get that picture on TV. I don't mind praise. I just don't want to watch them on TV. That's it. If I watch it on TV or in person, how do you feel about I'm with you. I'm with you. If I'm watching them, it better be Macy's or up. I've told the story at the time. I'm talking about, Hey, Kitchen, I know, don't you hang hands together. We're going to see strangers on horses.
Speaker 4: The Macy's is the warm one.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 8: Listen, we are they famous, Daddy, No, just have horses that ain't, daddy, no horses.
Speaker 3: The year I was in there, Daddy, is that a bad Yep, it's the one from your high school.
Speaker 2: You saw them every game.
Speaker 3: This year they come again, but they're playing Christmas music. I want that, though, Beth, my ones to be on the mic as the one comes by. The year my football team was hitting the clown. There was a clown on a big dricycle and they were pelting and and he came over with his clown wake up on yelling at him. I was a kid, y'all, don't hit the clown up. Here's the eighty found team. Hey so good. Hey, I was in charge of them. Wait for this, it's real. Nobody wanted to go. I had to drive channel when she was a little homecoming here here we went, all right, so you would hold you would hold a bubba bubba loon, and I wanted to go. Now you're right, Bubba, we got we got some power line taps coming across the road. It's gonna cause problems, right, But if I maybe we just go through the squad. If I could say, hey, is that Miss America? Nope, Miss finn.
Speaker 9: Com cold, get up, daddy, She said, My men too.
Speaker 3: That's all right, we've been out here all day in the rain. Yeah, here gonn sun them. You know. He closes the show. Oh sure, it's fifteen minutes to the top of the hour. Why the reindeer missing some horns? Mall it wouldn't put up good last year. Fifteen minutes to the top of the hour. Eight six six We be big.
Speaker 2: We'll be back getting Bubba ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: All right. So the guys are telling Bubba and uh and and me in the in the kitchen that we're going to not believe what we're about to see out of it.
Speaker 1: A Norwegian one onion has an unusual.
Speaker 3: Skill running and jumping like a horse. What uh.
Speaker 1: This is something that was brought to our attention, I guess late last week or over the weekend. It's in show notes and we we watched it in the kickoff hour. And Adler's got a got a kind of a weird tie into.
Speaker 3: This doesn't have a weird and everything. So on radio, I apologize, you're gonna hear us, you too have seen you're going wait to see you. You're going to see a one.
Speaker 1: It's got like just music with it, but it looks like she's doing I guess, uh, kind of a fast bear crawl for those of you that can't visualize.
Speaker 3: But she's galloping like a horse. You said that she runs around like a horse on all fours. Yes. Yes, she can jump offs to to like the steeplechase. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she even jumped a picnic table. Look, and we're gonna start with her walking down the little trail. Yes, oh that's nothing.
Speaker 3: She's warming. We'll be watching this. Yeah, now here she comes, she's running. That's her. Yes, watch that looks like a horse. That's a person. That's not true, that's a person. Different, gallup, gallum. Why did we do it? And now this could go bad? She doesn't have This is some kind of camera game. It isn't real. Look at her jumping, y'all. This is not real. It can't be. This is and that's in janus. How do you end up like this?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 3: She chose to, that's why. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to see some video over standing up no way she can stand. That shows her jumping over things. Her gate is amazing. The way she drive by the way. Look I'm able to do that.
Speaker 4: She has shoes on her hands.
Speaker 3: That's look at that. Here's what I want to know is jumping over there. She's doing this on Purposers are chiming, No, no, she's not like raised by wolves or well that's when hey, it looks like, yeah, I have to ask you're right? Right? When she was this way, we think maybe not. She was the only way she can go. No, no, no, no, she was like four years old. Where's the one when she's really galloping back? What do I want to see? The one on the beach where she's just flying?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that coming up her arms?
Speaker 1: Here comes, here comes the beach, right here, gate right there. I can't believe hanging her feet all the way back up in front of her chest.
Speaker 3: I can't what I'm seeing.
Speaker 4: It's jogging, but she's she's doing that.
Speaker 3: It's her leg and arm moving together. That's just the one that's a horse. It's opposite, isn't it. When I saw that's that's a whole different one. Yeah, that's a gallop there. When I saw her coming from a distance, I thought it was an animal.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 3: I was real concerned about that video. Poor dog, he's so confused. I don't know what to no. But do you know that there's people that run around like this. That's kind of their things, just like these people walk around with like I we have one of them on our store. I won't footage of this woman walking normal. All right.
Speaker 5: So when she was she loved dogs, so she started running like a dog, and then she she got older and she got older started running like a horse.
Speaker 3: Music Here goes Henry was just cancer the shoe on YouTube.
Speaker 8: Man, Hello lady, you'll know it's how close is Norwegia.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good gallop because uh I gotta goat. Oh gosh, wow, is that not bizarre? Now? That was very very strong. Oh y'all, she's amazing.
Speaker 4: Like over the weekend, you know, we'd have the hot dog getting contest, which I can't even watch it.
Speaker 3: It may have been gros it was it was. I looked up and just saw it for a minute, and I thought, what a bad movie this is on in a restaurant. Somebody turned that office discuss this is unbelievable that. Yeah, she's she's just that to kill your lower It looks like an animal with a human head. Rick if the coach tried to punish her with the bear cross, would bother? Oh, she could run a route like that yeah, she looks.
Speaker 4: Y'all jumping over a pickle table that I can't do that, running no.
Speaker 3: Picture just like that and owning it like that. Yeah, I mean, just look at them. And that's a strange looking bulldog. What I just let himself go. Hey, if I jumped that table, I would face I know, Wow, she can jump anything? Is this something? Is this not real? I mean I think, Greg, are you good with this? You're letting us go as bizarre as it can be, but you think it's real. I mean, she's obviously doing I know. I mean, she looks like she's practiced. It's not a camera trick or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll be back for Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Ricking Bubba our upcoming events, get get you know, we try to keep those updated. Yes, as soon as we know an event is done. I kind of knew you. I shouldn't have said anything. Yeah, and you mentioned something in passing to me yesterday when yeah, when and I didn't really you know it, he didn't really I heard it. I wasn't surprised by it. But if everyone would look at Rickingbubba dot com today at upcoming events for January the twenty fourth, which by the way, that's right, right at the end of deer season. Well it's a Thursday, is it, Yeah, which is not a normal the Can I just read you the headline here? Yeah, Bill Bubba Bussy will be honored at the Night of Champions. You go, okay, well, but it's good. Good for him, he is a champion. He will be honored for his excellence in tennis this past year, along with several other Birmingham area tennis and golf players. So this is just strictly tennis and golf because it's country club. I believe that is correct. He will be honored for his excellence in tennis this past year. It was a good year, Rick, it was a good year. Now is are your partners going to be honored? I don't think so in this particular case. A minute, how can you play doubles?
Speaker 4: And this is this is for people who are promoters of that of that group there, I think, oh, I think that's what of that country. Yeah, I'm not really familiar with it. I don't I don't know the exact details. I just was called and and uh, you know it was very honored and said, you know, we'd love to take part in it.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I'm all in head, I'm not worth well.
Speaker 4: He he will get, he will get plenty of mentions.
Speaker 3: In So you know you, Charles Allen Head, you're you're you're once again the term the face of the face of tennis in the Southeastern United States is sitting right over there.
Speaker 1: I know, and he laughs about it and gets mad at us when we say it, but it's true.
Speaker 3: We need you to read it time.
Speaker 4: We did have one failure in this Rick and I hate to bring that up. The Davis Cup went to Jacksonville, Florida. We thought we were gonna get it back.
Speaker 3: So but this is all round excellent promoter, is this is this is this championships.
Speaker 4: On the Yeah, it's probably uh, you know for them that I was a captain of, went to the national tournament and y'all lived through a lot of that and uh.
Speaker 3: Raising outstanding young women.
Speaker 4: Yeah that and uh and Allen and I did end up it's the top ranked three five men's team in the state at the end of the year, which was quite an honor.
Speaker 3: So well, I don't forget too when he raised money for the less fortunate tennis players to try to help them pay them their expenses from coach the first class on commercial to private.
Speaker 4: Some of this can get kind of expensive when it keeps going on. You know, so you're time, you don't have to worry about it. You put out early, you're out to take a guess, nobody hurt.
Speaker 3: Now are you gonna have to have a speech? Have you got it to go?
Speaker 4: I have, I have no idea. I'm not that far down the line. You know, we're very honored that we would be included in that group we have.
Speaker 3: We it's just you.
Speaker 4: Well we I say, we shows me who the driving in the parking?
Speaker 3: I say, we as in the other people being honored? Oh that okay? Well are you a member at the country club? Yes, you're talking about the ones that will stand in your shadow that night. Well, we'll see, we'll see. We're just glad to be involved in it. Who's we you know? Anything? Is all the other honor? Yeah? The other honor? Who all is being honored beside you?
Speaker 4: I'm not familiar with all of them. There's a there's two other teams that did very well. And uh, there's a young I know there's a young lady who won like the six A state championship from Hoover and uh and I'm really I'm really not familiar with the golf.
Speaker 3: The golf guys. Let me that's enough right there and representing. So when we go to tennis, we will put up a high school six A state champion and Bubba Well stroll out on stage.
Speaker 4: I think there's two others. There's two other team. Isn't that did very well this.
Speaker 3: Year to so congratulations Bud Well. We're happy to happy to just be included in that group, right and well, will Allan at least have a table we get to come to you? You know he will you send him a picture of you get in the war? He texted, he should be No you have to give a speech or anything. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it works. I hope they give me about thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Now. Normally when I say this normally, I mean normally in the beginning. These these banquet type things where we honor people of the community usually are to raise money for something and could it be more or less fortunate tennis players or you know some of those at the country. You know they don't they don't, they don't have a new.
Speaker 4: I hate to appear ignorant on this, But at this point I have no idea because it's all news to me.
Speaker 3: I may findle it back to the debutantes of Mobile, y'all. You know you remember from that my friend Willie ral Well, it was funny because and then this this may not be that. By the way, this may not be because you're you're excellence and tennis is well documented. But but I remember one time, and I'm going to be very gray on this because everybody will pull me to try to make it not grow right where I was told that I was going to be recognized for something to do with the community and and all this, and all of a sudden you're kind of like, wow, man, you get kind of excited. And then all of a sudden they send me the my table and would I get people to sit at it for a certain price to be there for me to be right? And I start thinking, Okay, I see this now you know what I mean. I know, look, I appreciate it very much, but I think I see where this is going. And because you know, I mean.
Speaker 4: You're honored and we need you to sponsor dollars.
Speaker 3: We're going to honor you. And if you could fill up this fifteen hundred dollars table for the charity that's honoring you. Uh the U but that that's but that's smart. That's been smart on their part in it.
Speaker 1: And it's I do think you need to buy Alan a dinner plate or something, you know, a seat?
Speaker 4: Can you get it to go play talented tennis?
Speaker 3: Playing bus drivers? I know of how many? How many? How many doubles? And this last year? How many doubles partners would you need to be at your table that have helped you get to all the champions you know? Well, I mean there's Allanhead.
Speaker 4: Well, you have kind of regular partners and then you have people that you play with. It may not be your regular partner, so you know, it all depends, It all depends.
Speaker 3: Let's just go tournament, champions championships. That's all Alan Head. Do you have different that would be pretty much Allen Head?
Speaker 4: Yes, one one tournament with uh with with another guy, Trevor, Trevor Lobdell.
Speaker 3: Well, let's at least mention his name. Yeah, what about happened last year? What about that was two years? What about mixed doubles?
Speaker 4: Uh, you know we've we've had uh, we didn't have a just an excellent mixed doubles year, this year, last.
Speaker 3: The year before that is just for this year.
Speaker 5: It says this passion and you're saying that didn't contribute to this, Well, it's probably overall tennis.
Speaker 3: I don't know, let me let me read it. Maybe I need to get a list of these parts. That night, Bill Busy will be honored for his excellences jacket tennis this past year, and Alan Head will actually drive the bus to Yeah, well surely you'll vite him and asked the comedy.
Speaker 4: The comedy of that is really how good Alan is and how you know, I'm kind of just filling the role, you know, but he could think. I think it's a talent getting a good partner, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, riding coattails is not the easiest thing you get slung off.
Speaker 3: Baba has shown a brilliance to pick the right part you just got.
Speaker 5: And if you don't talking about it, I will point you to the sign, right, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 3: Well, but it goes back to this. It's the comment. Well, I mean, Alan Head, Alan had maybe you look at one game you go, Alan, that's why it's doubles the other game. I don't come won without Bubba's right it all.
Speaker 4: Alan's very talented. He appears to win with anybody he's give it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, maybe so, but but not. Why would I pick a partner that that couldn't win? Does he have a part me?
Speaker 2: Ma?
Speaker 3: Just does he have another partner who will be honored for his excellence?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Probably very very worthy of it. It says excellence I'm looking at. I don't I don't know. How'd I get a ticket to this? I don't know. I would.
Speaker 1: I want to do that and get Obama market and watch him wrestle. I want those two things.
Speaker 3: It's two things. I wish they were in the same night, I know, at the same building. Yeah, that'd be awesome. Contained is this like a black tie deal? Or is this you know?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 3: I hate to plead the fifth. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: We'll know more in days to come. Well, there it is, it's right there.
Speaker 3: Uh bring that up. Do we have a link there and we found out about it there? I hope not? Why do I have it there? Then?
Speaker 2: Fricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is rick and Bubba's greatest tips. Flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's greatest tiss Ricking
Speaker 2: Bubba, Ricking Bubba,