Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many. Consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from.
Speaker 2: Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Taking Sports Radio eight.
Speaker 4: I'm nine eighty seven here in Meryllville, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Where's Ryan Roll?
Speaker 5: Call, he's my favorite Ryan trip.
Speaker 3: Where where is Ryan? He's not here?
Speaker 4: Remember like the second hour started, what he's just walking in with his suitcase?
Speaker 3: Now like we're doing a show.
Speaker 6: Rock suitcase is still upstairs? Should it be down here?
Speaker 3: You said this yesterday.
Speaker 4: This has been one of maybe the strangest Ryan Lemon trip we've ever.
Speaker 7: Het when it started with the wallet floating down the parking lot. And then one of the listeners don't know yet is last night he guys room. Can you went to his room and just left his luggage in the hotel?
Speaker 3: The truth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you know that when he went back to his room, he just left his luggage in the lobby.
Speaker 8: He just took the key up to the room and he nearly got ran over last night in the middle of the street.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't even know that. We mean, you don't know that.
Speaker 4: As we were walking back to the car after the postgame show, you almost got hit the street.
Speaker 6: Yeah, feed away from you.
Speaker 3: You almost got hit. It was pouring rain so fast right across the street.
Speaker 4: He's been You've been on one this weekend. This really has been the weirdest Ryan Lemon.
Speaker 7: We had a good laugh with Tea at the front desk checking in when you just took the room key and the other man went upstairs and just left at.
Speaker 3: Your backs, didn't even take my suitcase. I was so tired.
Speaker 5: I'm all those naps.
Speaker 3: How was snoring last night?
Speaker 4: You also sleep like a like an eighty five year old, like nursing home.
Speaker 3: I think one of the greatest things in life is a good nap.
Speaker 6: After three hours.
Speaker 4: I mean you, he really does. Like Hell, we'll just be sitting there and he'll be asleep.
Speaker 6: The oldest.
Speaker 3: But you're not ancient. You're but you sleep all the time. That's why I'm always at my tip top best condition right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this has been my favorite Ryan trip, love me some run. Thank you for let's see.
Speaker 9: I wanted to go up and get my suitcase. I didn't want to be the only one that didn't have their suitcase down. Now yours is not here during one.
Speaker 3: Of these other breaks.
Speaker 4: If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. That's a couple other things. First of all, the women's team, that was a painful loss.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 4: I mean, George A. Moore has the little flow. I mean, they had three shots before that that were open, and then George A. Moore with a little floater doesn't go in. I thought she had a great attitude about it. After the game, she said, I've had an amazing five years in college.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna let one shot to find my time.
Speaker 4: That's a good person for her, But you know, I mean, I think Kenny's gonna build a big time winner here and she's a big part of that.
Speaker 3: She was fun to watch.
Speaker 4: She didn't she she didn't shoot well a lot of the game until the end, and then she got hot and played really well in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: It was a good first year, you know.
Speaker 8: And that game yesterday, Yeah, she missed that last shot, but they would not have even been in the game if it weren't for some big shots that she knocked down late in that game too.
Speaker 4: So she's fun man tonight and and the rest of the team. I mean, I'm a great performance. I hate that they lost, Chances are they were gonna lose in the next round to USC anyway, but it was still nice to uh to see them have a run. And Kenny's gonna we're gonna make a final four with him. I genuinely believe that.
Speaker 5: I was very bummed.
Speaker 7: I mean, if they lose by ten, that stinks, and you know you gotta beat But if the fact they got her such a good look at the end, what it touched three different parts of the rim, just that being the final shot of her career, I felt awful. Actually, her comments made me feel better when I realized that she was. I'm not gonna say okay with it, but she handled as well as you could given that moment, because that's something she'll probably think of for years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, little nightmares.
Speaker 9: About seemed like the fans were awesome and they feel Memorial costs him kind of a reflection of what they felt like Brooks did this year with the team. Yeah, they were there, full support.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it was that that was the only bummer on an otherwise positive day. The SEC has seven teams in the Sweet sixteen, the most ever for any conference in the history of college basketball. There was some people kind of dancing on the SEC's graves after the first.
Speaker 3: Round they were only eight and six. Oh, why are you so good?
Speaker 4: I said, Wait till the second round and seven of eight to one, including a couple of upsets.
Speaker 8: There was a couple of disappointing losses, I feel like in the first round Vanderbilt being one.
Speaker 6: But you know, overall, I.
Speaker 8: Think the SEC has stood up to the expectations that we all had going in.
Speaker 4: I mean, how can you do better than the most teams ever? In the Sweet sixteen?
Speaker 7: You said in real time people were dunking on the conference because the twelve thirteenth fourteen teams were losing.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you expect?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, okay, the big ones haven't played yet.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, our thirteenth place team lost to Gonzaga, who was top ten.
Speaker 3: Kim Pom, Oh, well that's shocking.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, there's a lot there's gonna be a lot of hot takes today from people going, oh, they'll never be a mid major make a run again, because like this Sweet sixteen is power dominated seven SEC, four, Big ten, four, Big twelve and Duke. Yeah, that's basically not only one. Acc Here's what I would say about that. I do think the portal's gonna make it harder for mid majors, But we're only two years removed from Florida Atlantic being in the Final four and the portal existed then right, you know, my Florida Atlantic and San Diego State were in the Final four two years ago. We're only one year removed from Oakland beating Kentucky. This is just like it happens. Colorado State was one buzzer beater away from being in the Sweet sixteen, right. I think what happened this year is the good teams were really good, and I think it was hard for there to be like an Oakland this year.
Speaker 3: But that'll change. Like the portal certainly does help, the big schools.
Speaker 4: Are getting older, which makes them harder to upset. I freely Will Will will grant you that, but you know, I mean take a team like Drake. All right, so Drake will probably lose their one or two best guys to a big school. But what they're gonna do is they're gonna go get Eastern Kentucky's best place.
Speaker 3: Sure, you know what Eastern Kentucky's gonna do.
Speaker 4: They're gonna go get a Division two schools player and it's gonna still. What has happened that I think college basketball fans should be thrilled about is that the quality of play is so.
Speaker 3: Much better in college basketball.
Speaker 4: The quality of play is infinitely better than it was five years ago in terms of how good these teams are. These teams are good, and I think it makes these games more exciting to watch.
Speaker 3: And you know, like take the women's game. I enjoy watching the women's game.
Speaker 4: But the women's game has not had mid majors ever. The best teams are always a lot better than everybody else. And people still are enjoying the women's game. It's been on a rise. It's fun to have. I mean, the women's game sees no upsets in the first round ever, right, and it's still a.
Speaker 3: Very popular sport. So there's gonna be a lot.
Speaker 4: Of dunkin of people who just like to dunk on men's college basketball.
Speaker 3: On how it became a Southern bath this preacher, But I don't care.
Speaker 4: Jackson Robinson and Kobe Bray and Lamar Butler and Mary Williams, they're always gonna have a place in Kentucky fans hard. Oh yeah, and the port Old Nil.
Speaker 3: It's it's that doesn't change that.
Speaker 9: You know, the tournament was it was chalky this year.
Speaker 4: That happens sometimes it happened if you go back, it happened in twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: It was all great teams and you know what, then the next year you get something crazy like That's how it goes.
Speaker 7: We all like a Cinderella when all of the Cinderella's last year Cinderella sucked. But sometimes that makes the second weekend have some blow. How awesome is this next weekend gonna be and you're gonna have I mean, you had some good guy. Did you think Derek Queen walked on that play?
Speaker 4: That's the big controversy today people decide whether he walked.
Speaker 3: He still hit it.
Speaker 9: I'd hate to take it away from him. He still hit a big time show.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can call that if it's close, Like I don't think he walked.
Speaker 3: But if he did walk, it was so close, I don't think you can call that. Yeah, what do you think I think walk.
Speaker 6: As a walk?
Speaker 3: Do you think you walk? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I think they probably should have been called.
Speaker 3: But in that moment, Jean Straps Tour.
Speaker 4: Says he didn't walk, but he I think I will say the dude they have doing the rules for CBS.
Speaker 3: He never disagrees with an official.
Speaker 6: He's one of them. Yeah, he knows.
Speaker 4: He doesn't disagree with any official, probably all his buddies.
Speaker 3: Yes, he will not.
Speaker 6: If you were out there making a bad call, i'd have to say, well you made a bad call.
Speaker 4: No, you would tell Yeah, you would say I made a bad call. He will not say any of them.
Speaker 3: Make a bad call.
Speaker 7: I have a new I don't know if I would say, Well, just a suggestion to officiating. Not every official is built to go to a microphone and arena and announce his decision. My guy last night was not ready to tell that crowd was going on.
Speaker 3: He's liked Bro.
Speaker 4: A couple of times, but you're right, he wouldn't come up to the microphone and go.
Speaker 8: To be fair for these guys, I mean, they signed up to be officials.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 4: But like you might take a spokesman for the group. I'm not trying to pile on him.
Speaker 7: I'm saying maybe they should reconsider having every official to try to explain it arena full of.
Speaker 3: People, what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I don't think I was ready.
Speaker 3: I mean on television, I just you couldn't hear it.
Speaker 6: You have the ball?
Speaker 3: Well, I had friends going, what is this referee saying? And yeah? And then again I saw it last night on the highlights there.
Speaker 9: We were laughing at him. They played over the arena and we're like, what did he just say?
Speaker 3: Do that to that guy? Like, you know, you shouldn't put.
Speaker 5: The NFL refs. They want that camera time.
Speaker 7: They love shouting to the crowd and they're buy at home what they're calling and getting on the mic. Our guy last night, he was just there to blow whistles. He wasn't built for it.
Speaker 4: By the way, he's got the end of the end of game reviews. I mean, they have to address this in the offseason, right. NBA rule yep, NBA rule, you get one or one or two a game and that's it. Like the NBA rule they got to stop the Oregon Arizona game. They stopped every play, every time it went out of mouth.
Speaker 8: I think they rely too much on it. They know if they get it wrong, they could just use it as a crutch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And let me also say that that goaltending rule that I hate almost came back in one of those games I can't remember which it was to hurt them the other day because they hit the rent that it was like with three minutes to go and they didn't check it and it could have completely changed the way they played the end of the game. Wow, I think it was Arkansas Saint John's that we talked about.
Speaker 5: It was several minutes later.
Speaker 6: I'm glad we have it, but you're right.
Speaker 8: I mean, it almost gets abused at the end of the game at the last minute.
Speaker 6: Takes twelve minutes to finish.
Speaker 3: That's right. Who's up next? Taylor is up next? Taylor, go ahead?
Speaker 10: Hey man Creer a long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 3: Who what.
Speaker 10: Hey? I lived in Missouri and I got a beautiful wife and two baby boys.
Speaker 11: Can you guys try.
Speaker 10: To explain to her the reasons for my actions around this time of year?
Speaker 4: And well, there is no reason we all lose our minds. I mean, like you can step back objectively. I mean again, think of me yesterday standing in the middle book. I mean, I have tickets to the game. Shannon and Ryan are sitting on the front row. I could just go sit next to her, right, I walk outside and stand I walk through a trential downpour and get drenched, and stand in a.
Speaker 3: Bank building in a soundless room and rock.
Speaker 6: Like a crazy person.
Speaker 4: But it's perfectly reasonable, because this matters. I know, it's like nineteen. Well, these are twenty one and twenty two year olds throwing a round ball through a hoop and it seems silly, but it's not like it's a part of our culture. So you should tell your wife, you know, what is your walk like to do? Does she watch like Real Housewives of you know, Ervine?
Speaker 3: What does she watch?
Speaker 12: I think Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 4: She's a big so she's the same way for the Chiefs. I mean, I'm sure she goes crazy too. But like there'll be people who don't watch sports who watch Real Housewise, well that's fake and and you don't even win anything in that.
Speaker 3: That's just watching old hens yell at each other. So you should enjoy this. I I don't I appreciate the call. I don't.
Speaker 4: I I don't understand how people can't get swept up in sports. You know when this past summer when I was in Europe and I go watch Scotland play Denmark. In first half, I sat in Denmark section and you would have thought I was a Dane. I was sitting there going and we have Greenland, yeah, you know Denmark. And then in the second half I was Scottish and I was singing songs about the Queen that I shouldn't be singing because I get swept up in the emotion.
Speaker 3: That's what it's. That's why sports are great, right, That's.
Speaker 9: Why sports is awesome. You did it right, there, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: You get swept up in something greater than yourself.
Speaker 9: And there's something about us as Kentucky fans. We lose our mind but you know what we understand and why we lose our minds.
Speaker 4: And it brings I just love sports because it brings everybody together, right, like it brings people together.
Speaker 3: You know, rich, poor man, woman, black, white, Republican Democrat, blue.
Speaker 4: Collar, white collar, we're all in this together, yep. And in that moment, you got these kids out there and they're controlling your fate in that moment, and there's something kind of exciting and beautiful about that, Drew, and I love it. It's like we all search for things that are bigger than us in life, and this is like it, for a few moments, bigger than you.
Speaker 7: And I will say most people listen, we all have stories of how we've reacted to wins, good and bad. It affects us for weeks at a time, whether it's a win or a loss. But it's just we're so invested in it emotionally. And I will say, though it doesn't bring everyone together, my dad being a Tennessee fan, I got a rocky week ahead.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll cut your dad out. I love your dad, but I'll just go up to him. I'm middle fingers up to your dad. That's just the way it is. Just for a week.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna stop by saying how them tonight, but it might be read and.
Speaker 3: Then talk to him for the rest of the week. Eight.
Speaker 8: But you're right, I'm gonna say it brought us here to this Mirrorville hotel.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's giving out hugs and.
Speaker 4: Omelets and that is the and that is so nice that she's screaming in the background.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying a word because that because she's so nice.
Speaker 9: She's a lot mortgage, Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: You know that's nice.
Speaker 9: You know, when March madness ends, you don't think the thing on top of everybody's to do list is go buy a new house. So why not buy a house with Stockton Mortgage. They can do all your financing, hand lead you through the process. I mean, Marrow, you're about to get married you need and a courtant. You need to buy a brand new house. Go to Stockton Mortgage. They can do all your financi It's easy to do. Get you through the process, get to the closing the table. So give them a call. There's a button on the home on the Stocking dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hit the button.
Speaker 9: It says get started, and they'll get you on your way. Stock to mortgage ANMLS eight two five nine equal Housing Linder tell you to.
Speaker 13: Say that, Oh my goodness, now, what what's wrong? Dan dock and Corey Price are going after during the break? Oh my, you might want to see that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll take a break. Dan dockitch in his hometown and he's still a goober.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back. Walker back taking sports radio.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that the dude CBS uses for the referee, Jean Strett Sterotry, is actually an NFL official.
Speaker 6: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Okay, well he's the New York guy for CBS too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why why have him do basketball?
Speaker 6: You don't think he knows basketball?
Speaker 4: I mean, I would get can they not just get a guy who's a basketball rep use him for any officiating like hockey, wrestling?
Speaker 3: Like he just does all of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess all the other officials were actually working games.
Speaker 3: Feels like you could actually get a basketball official.
Speaker 8: You got the NCAA tournament, you got the Women's tournament. Okay, so you got the CBI. I don't think they use one for CBI, but I feel like you. I mean, no offense to him, but you know, I just looked him up.
Speaker 7: He's one of only two referees ever to be an NFL ref and in Cuba a basketball ref. Just okay, so he's just like into rules, big rules guy, big girls job though.
Speaker 5: He just sits in New York.
Speaker 3: He just looks at it and goes, Yeah, that's how it bounds on him. I think the ref's got it right. Yeah, it is a great job. You just go crack your cat on him.
Speaker 6: I mean I do the same thing every time.
Speaker 3: Anything. I didn't get hit Brandon give it. By the way, what about that play by Brandon Garrison.
Speaker 9: I don't know how he made the play, you know, I talked about it last night. I don't know how he got up, twisted his body and got his hand on the basketball.
Speaker 4: I don't know he didn't fall it when he jumped at him. I was like, this is going to be a play that's going to drive me crazy. We knew they would need the bench. But through two games, he and Chandler have been great.
Speaker 7: No, I hadn't put up a lot of points, but he drew the big foul before halftime, the three that sparked the run in the first game. So so far, so good on them answering the bell. They've been good off the bench. That was a great play.
Speaker 4: And the Illinois coach was he just mad that they decided to review it at all? Like it seemed like he was mad that they reviewed it.
Speaker 9: I think he really thought it went out off the garrison, like he blocked it.
Speaker 4: Here's what I don't understand about people on things like that. If I'm a coach, a foul call, okay, argue it, but with the who it's out on. If you know they're gonna review it, like, don't you think they're gonna get a better angle than you do on it? At that point you watched it in real time from the other side of the court, right, Like, I'm just gonna be like it is what it is, right, Like it's gonna look like it looks.
Speaker 6: They review everything and you're right.
Speaker 8: I mean you're gonna see it, you know, in slow motion, and there's gonna be a definitive answer.
Speaker 3: And I'm just gonna go, well, Okay, that's what it was.
Speaker 5: Trust Jane in his room in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, figured it out. The old man voices today on the show back to you, Kevin, excuse me, there's a kid named Mario who won't leave me alone?
Speaker 6: Stalker.
Speaker 3: Who's up next? Dalton is up? Decks, Dalton? Go ahead, Dalton? What is happening?
Speaker 6: We got lucky?
Speaker 12: I pledge allegiance to the Apple. I am not an attorney, nor have I ever wanted.
Speaker 3: To be an attorney.
Speaker 12: And watch the way you talk about Ryan Lemon's sixth home town.
Speaker 3: Okay, the one he doesn't know how to pronounce. I got a P S A.
Speaker 12: And then why I'm not worried about Tennessee. First of all, anybody's trying to loosten to Tom Leach through an internet device, the Varsity app. It puts all the games on there with the university's color and commentator. You look at Tom Leach. You don't have to sign up and hit the skip button and go right to it. I don't know how many times to let you hit that skip button, but it's still working for me.
Speaker 5: Interesting spread that message, thank you.
Speaker 3: So it's on the you can listen to it during the game live.
Speaker 5: Basically the sinque we did all season.
Speaker 7: You now have to use the varsity app to keep doing it because it's not on Uh you could do the varsity app.
Speaker 6: That's Tom clear.
Speaker 12: Field giving you J and I. Okay, anyway, I'm not worried about Tennessee. We go to Milwaukee, we beat up on Troy, we beat up on Illinois, and we're gonna beat up on Tennis Oy because there ain't nothing but a bunch of soft soy boys. Three in a row ain't hard. The Lakers could beat Dumbar three times in a row, and we can beat this dirty Tennessee balls.
Speaker 4: Okay, I appreciate the call. We're gonna spend a lot of time on Tennessee. It will be a very rivalry heavy game. We didn't talk for a second about the Arkansas Saint John's. Yeah, you know, we were pulling for Saint John's, but that was a they couldn't make a shot.
Speaker 3: Could not make a shot? Is calin Rick's head? What's what's the snat now nine and last eleven calsby.
Speaker 8: Him nine of the last eleven games, or maybe Saint John's just can't hit layoups.
Speaker 7: However, like shit and Rick's defense, it was unbelievable how many misses that letd Lewis Junior go like three of eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does he bench him? Yeah? Didn't blame this.
Speaker 4: Pat Forty had a great article about the game where he just was like, Rick's one of the greatest coaches of our all time, but for some reason, cow's in his head. And he noted that Rick has freaked out in three major NCAA tournament games and basically benched his best player. He did it with Kentucky Roderick Rhodes in nineteen ninety five. He did it with Louisville against Michigan State with t will Terrence Williams, and now he did it in this game where he benches his best player just because he gets mad at him and then watches they can't score down the stretch, and they did it.
Speaker 3: Again, like with five minutes ago, they couldn't score.
Speaker 4: And the one dude that filed out Kadari Richardson, and he didn't have his best player in like, I just I don't know how you do that.
Speaker 3: I don't care for three for eighteen. He's your best player.
Speaker 5: The broadcast kept zooming in on him on the bench.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I have the same feeling about Kobe Brea. In games that he's struggling, you always believe the next one is going in. Yeah, but it's not going in if you're on the bench. It was Big East Player of the Year, not like you know, he just had a bad game. You gotta play man, and.
Speaker 5: When the players that good.
Speaker 7: Sure he's been bad for thirty seven minutes, but at any moment they can flip that switch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they had the ball down three. I mean you gotta get him in right crazy and and and they didn't do it. And then cal, I mean you want to talk about being excited. First of all, somebody's got tell him what is.
Speaker 3: With that coat? He looks like a pizza hut tablecloth? Fuck it, I gotta like it.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 3: It looks good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it looks good on Col.
Speaker 3: I did think Megan and and I thought that was sweet.
Speaker 4: That was powerful. I did think Megan was sweet heartstrings. I mean, I'm not Col's unbearable. After wins like that, but that was sweet because I mean, you know, it's hard on people's Yes, it is. So I thought that was nice. And I thought the picture of the two of them, you know what, thirty years ago and then yeah, that was the same in the same place.
Speaker 6: That was kind of Did you see the video though?
Speaker 8: After it was all over and they were walking in the tunnels, they passed each other, didn't even didn't even glance at each other, walking right by each other.
Speaker 3: Why don't they just go both? I hate him? That's what they ought to do. We'll be right back working back.
Speaker 4: Take you sports radio if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four Uh one person rights, Matt Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you uh?
Speaker 4: Would you have rather lost last night than lose to Tennessee on Friday? No, I mean that was something I kind of thought when the bracket came out, But then the way things played out with uh with with with you know, b Yu making the Sweet sixteen in Arkansas and then you know, just being in the moment, I'd rather make Sweet SIXTEENF we lose Tennessee, it's gonna just steam.
Speaker 3: In terms of the like with their fans. But you get to the second weekend.
Speaker 4: I think what's interesting is, you know, it used to be the National Championship was the thing, and then the Final four became in and of itself a thing, and I think now it has become getting to the second weekend is a thing, right Like, it's like an accomplishment for programs. And so I do think, you know, if we if we lose, I still think it's hugely beneficial to the program to take this next step. We played up to our seed, right, our seed said we should have been there. We play to our seed. I think that's good.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's been along six years and they've been to the Sweet sixteen. I think it was important for this program to get back at least to that level. So even if they happen to lose on on Friday, I'm still very happy they got to this the second week mostly with six.
Speaker 4: Other SEC teams getting there. You wanna do you want to steep up as much as you can.
Speaker 7: I mean, losing to Tennessee would stink. That's not gonna happen. But for the sake of this exercise, hundred times out of one hundred times, I'm picking winning that game last night, and then you know, if we had to lose to Tennessee. But I think Tennessee would could get smoked by Houston at that point. If they still don't make a final four, beating us it hurt a little bit, wouldn't be a big bad, big picture.
Speaker 4: You know, I think, Shannon, I've said, I think there's four teams in the tournament have a really hard time beating and.
Speaker 3: None of them are in our region. Yep. So like it's it's still there for the taking.
Speaker 8: We've already seen the toughest teams. Tennessee is going to be a tough game. But you know, again I've said this earlier. They beat Tennessee with the banged up roster that they had. I think just getting here to the sweet sixteen with the roster that they have as it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially as it is, that's the key. I mean they are if.
Speaker 6: They were fully healthy, I probably wouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: I thought they were one person short before the season started, and then they lose their you know, in my opinion, best player, and then they're two people short, and so to be here with this group, I don't know how you can't be thrilled about it, and.
Speaker 9: Really they can go into the game Friday kind of loose, you know, there's all the pressures on Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Really goosey. By the way, I do not have tickets. So I you want people to text you, well, I mean it's like my mom is allowed to text me about tickets, all right. If you and I have been to each other's houses, you can text me about tickets.
Speaker 3: But I don't have them.
Speaker 4: But you, if you want to ask beyond that, please do not text me and ask me about tickets.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 6: Would a tweet be better?
Speaker 4: No, No, that will be worse. I don't have tickets. And if I don't know you, I really don't have tickets.
Speaker 7: I've already told my wife we don't have tickets, so she's not getting tickets. She's gonna go and watch the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I can't get my wife in, I can't get anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I mean I can't get your ticket, like you can send me something nice like you know, I'm a student at UK.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't afford to go. And I totally appreciate that, and I'd love to help you. And if I could make the arena bigger. I would, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have any tickets.
Speaker 5: It's tough one, tough tickets.
Speaker 6: We'd love to hear your SOB stories, though.
Speaker 5: You can go up there and go to the pregame show and see the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: No, I think it'd be fun to just be an indie. Yes, you know, we were supposed to do trivia tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: I'm postponing it till hopefully early next week, although that may not be clear either. But just because there's too much going on. Sweet sixteen starts Wednesday. You got this basketball, I just I can't. I can't write these questions today. On Mario's graphic, you looked excited to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why Mario? Why did you use that gram?
Speaker 4: Mario used a graphic that makes me look like it says trivia's postponed?
Speaker 3: And you took the graphic of me celebrate. Why did you do that? But I'm not.
Speaker 4: It is a good picture, but I'm not celebrating like I want to do it. It's just I can't, Tony, I'm no trivia.
Speaker 6: I hate doing that trivia.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed doing the Tributa, but you made it look like I didn't enjoy doing the trivia. You have Kevin Harlan on your mind and like it's not it's leading you to not focus. I hope your girlfriend knows she's gonna have to wear a mask this week. And this got Kevin Harlan.
Speaker 6: Will he be calling the game?
Speaker 8: And no, we got Steve Lappish Catalan.
Speaker 4: Actually, all right, here's the thing. I'm a little surprised. We got the worst announcing pair and we're on TVs, which, which I was told is because they now do it to where CBS gets to pick first one night and TBS the other night. So presumably CBS picked Duke on Thursday and then TBS got to pick the best game on Friday and got us.
Speaker 5: So we couldn't get Harlan because of the restraining orders, so it eliminated him.
Speaker 4: Steve Lappis is a really good announcer with a really annoying voice.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard him speak?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, paid attention.
Speaker 3: He's a really good announcer.
Speaker 4: You listen to the substance of what he says, but his voice he's very much like he's got that like I don't know if it's Brooklyn or Philly, Like it's it's it's it's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's a distinct thing.
Speaker 5: Didn't we get Evan Washburn though he's got great heir.
Speaker 3: Evan Washburn does.
Speaker 4: He's like forty three years old with ti eyed with not tied eyed, highlight bleached.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Our our friend Will here from Valpo told us that the Indiana High School State Tournament is also going on next weekend.
Speaker 4: That's something the thing about when you're talking about hotels. All Right, the Regional Sweet sixteen is Friday, Elite eight is Sunday, but on the Saturday in between is the state high School Tournament.
Speaker 3: And so that's eight teams coming in. So Indianapolis is going to be I mean, if you don't have hotel, get it now? Whoa who's next? Bram is up next, Brim, go ahead, Bram.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, after that first round performance, I knew Laman Butler was gonna, you know, try and find his shot in the game. I made a parlay on the Great DraftKings sportsbook, The Crown is Yours and just missed out on three hundred dollars by four Butler points, so that one in one he missed late in the second half, and then when he passed off to Almonor for those last free throws put a little damper on an otherwise great night. But my question for you is, what do you think about an Arkansas Kentucky moneyline parlay for the Sweet Sixteen.
Speaker 4: Well, you know they played, they played Texas Tech. That's a tough matchup for them, because Texas Tech is very tough. I don't know what's gonna happen with them. I really don't. I haven't really thought a lot about it. I mean both I think Arkansas is gonna be an underdog, and so is Kentucky. So you could probably get some money if both those hit. I think they both have a chance. I mean, I think there's gonna be some really good games in that next round Alabama BYU. Both those teams might score one hundred and fifty points. I mean that that that'll be wild.
Speaker 6: Kentucky's a four and a half point dog right now.
Speaker 7: In the moment I saw the Illinois sign when we crossed last night, I bet Kentucky to win and cover bet them both.
Speaker 5: I mean we weren't half a mile into Illinois.
Speaker 3: I was on draft kicks. Hey, I love it.
Speaker 9: You know I did pretty well at the casinos up at the casino.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bet Arkansas money line and we'll let you come back Illinois women. That's what you was five and a half. That was the big and that was a big one. I felt it had done some scouting on Creighton, knew they were overrating.
Speaker 9: Well, they were up five at half times. They other got a hold fuld serve. Yeah, Drew and I retired at USC fighter.
Speaker 6: Yeah we bet on.
Speaker 4: That was a great moment. You all decided to bet on a woman for UFC. Not only did she lose, she retired.
Speaker 8: Yeah, lost lost in the first round and laid them down, laid the gloves down in the middle of the.
Speaker 7: After gonow on basketball and oh and four on the UFC because Shannon just can't.
Speaker 4: We can't just bet UFC based on how good they look in their uniform like that. That's that doesn't always want to.
Speaker 6: See the other girls.
Speaker 5: I was just going off names. Shannon was trying to get me to do it.
Speaker 3: Who's next? Ben? Ben go ahead?
Speaker 11: Being and Matt's first time caller?
Speaker 3: Who was that? I was?
Speaker 11: I just wanted to say that I was watching the game last night. Both teams, both teams played, uh pretty pretty well. Uh Glad we eventually got the victory there, and I'm interested to see what's going to happen this Friday with Tennessee. I know, uh, Tennessee, since he's a good team, you've already beat him twice.
Speaker 12: But there is a little bit of.
Speaker 11: Pressure on both sides. I think now that no, we eat them twice and seeing if we can do it again. But yeah, that's all I had to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you're You're exactly right. I appreciate the call. I think we'll see what happens. I do want to wait and focus on our matchup with Tennessee Layer. I do want to enjoy this. Uh, we'll alright, so some new coaches, how do we think they're gonna do? We'll wait at ncay State kills it right.
Speaker 3: He wins everywhere he goes. He don't kill it.
Speaker 4: And he's perfect because he'll just like throw his middle finger up to Duke in North Carolina, right, which is what you need to do in that job. He will not be scared of Duke or North Caroline at all. That's about as perfect to hire as they could have made.
Speaker 7: They've been running third on Tobacco Road for a long time. He will walk right in and try to shake that up.
Speaker 6: Great hire for ency State. I think he'll do well there.
Speaker 4: Sean Miller leaves Xavier after they took him back. Sean Miller like it was desperate for a job. Xavier goes, all right, you can come back here for a second time. And now he leaves him again and goes to Texas. You certainly can't go home a third time. But you think he'll do well at Texas.
Speaker 9: See, you know, there's a ton of nil money down there Texas, and he's a good I think he's a really good coach. I think he'll really really do well down there.
Speaker 7: I want to know what happened in Dayton when they played each other? Was there a little just to he just walk across the other side of the arena and talk.
Speaker 5: To the age.
Speaker 3: That's true. I didn't think about that each other.
Speaker 5: Just to direct to hire from across some people.
Speaker 4: Xavier is gonna hire Chris Mack, former player, former players, former coach, and he coached there too.
Speaker 3: They just keep going back and hiring guys again.
Speaker 6: So we just keep adding great coaches in the SEC. I mean last year.
Speaker 4: I mean and by the way, the portal opens today, which is another thing like, it'd be interesting to see how does Kentucky manage this because the portal opens today and they gotta they gotta be working on it because we're gonna be hearing names all day getting in the portal.
Speaker 3: The portal opens today. Yeah, you're getting ready for Tennessee.
Speaker 9: But you gotta have some coaches their eye on that portal because you got to rebuild a roster for next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why it's it's good to go far in the tournament.
Speaker 7: We all want to do that, but it does set all these teams back a little bit because the ones that are out could just sit there and have nothing to do but call these players and be recruited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, but at least we can go. We'll call you back when we actually get eliminated.
Speaker 4: When it comes to college basketball, one thinks for sure, you don't know what's gonna happen, whether it's upsets, buzzer beaters, Cinderella and advancing, it's all there and you can do it at DraftKings sports Book. Drew's already done it for the Kentucky game. And if you want to participate, bet five get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly, but bet the unexpected with the DraftKings sports book. Bet five get two hundred dollars instantly use my promo code. That's KSR. KSR makes it happen. It's DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a getting problem called one hitter game or eighteen plus Kentucky only elgiabile restrictions apply.
Speaker 3: They just keep getting louder.
Speaker 4: New customers only bonus beexspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Traditional terms responsible gaming resources see DKNG.
Speaker 3: Dot co slash audio. We'll take a break of you right back. It's KSR. Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: This segment' spous about Don Franklin Auto Vehicles in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Why would you shop anywhere but Don Franklin Audio.
Speaker 4: Thousands of vehicles, twenty seven locations, great service, great family, great warrant. You're not gonna find a better place in Don Franklin Auto. My man here in Valparaiso. I don't think you would need to go all the way to go to Kentucky. Buy a car, Actually you do, Don Franklinado dot com.
Speaker 3: No reason to go.
Speaker 4: Don't buy one for those big city Chicago places go to Don Franklin auto dot com. Thank you for coming out, by the way figuring out where we were. We didn't even mention the place we were at. True Hotels Tru, which is not how you spell true, but it is how you spell in the Hilton chain.
Speaker 9: My man said his dad grew up in Danville, moved up here in northern Indiana, but he stayed true to his Blue roots.
Speaker 4: In this Kentucky fan, thank you very much, Richmond gets our KSR text today. It says Mario leaves the house every day and he listens to the song You'll Never leave Harland Alone.
Speaker 9: It's a great bromancemance though it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, he doesn't know you back, he doesn't know that you're a loving but he doesn't You'll never leave Kevin Harlan alone.
Speaker 9: Now, Mario kind of said the same thing about you and Tom cream Yes.
Speaker 3: Tom Green, I have just become genuine friend. He is so nice.
Speaker 4: He's like the nicest guy, like I'm starting to really like. I mean, Drew and I were talking about how much we've made fun of Tom Crean.
Speaker 3: Over the years. You feel that he was like next to you four I talked to Tom Crean more than anyone this weekend.
Speaker 7: Last night at the hotel, while Mario was looking at Kevin Harlan swimsuit pictures, I was deleting Tom crean tweets because I feel so bad for any joke I've ever made. I know the game was about to start. He's court side for the radio broadcast, and he called me over to him to ask me what restaurants I've been to. Yeah, well, when we're getting on the road, if we win, if I'm going to Indian, I'm thinking what.
Speaker 3: Is going on?
Speaker 4: He asked if he could host again this summer. Like, like, Tom Crean is like the nicest guy.
Speaker 6: We always said he's so nerdy.
Speaker 3: He is, but I but he's kind of cool. He's kind of cool. I can't believe I'm saying this, and this. I kind of really like Tom Crean.
Speaker 4: We were talking burritos, we were talking like, Wow, I think he's kind of my guy.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 9: Well, there was a time where his name came up for even to be the coach here.
Speaker 3: Well, but I do think it just as a as a person, I think I.
Speaker 6: Really liked and Tom Crean doesn't know me from Adam and he's walking by me.
Speaker 8: Hey, how you doing, you know, just making conversation with anybody that will say hot to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think Tom Crane is gonna be become a friend of the show.
Speaker 4: I do actually already has. Yeah, we talked about this last night. Mary Williams said he liked wheat of bis that they he's a it's a British cereal that you that he couldn't get in the United States. But it's like shredded wheat, and I guess you can listen to the whole story on the postgame show. But they went and found him some in Milwaukee. He ate it with hot milk, and we said we need to find it in Lexington for him in Lexington, but also for us to try leading into the game. And then somebody told me that there is an Irish grocery store in Lexington.
Speaker 3: Which I had no idea, I mean neither.
Speaker 4: First of all, I didn't even know that people thought Irish food was good, right, Like it's like Banger and mash.
Speaker 3: I guess is that is that Irish or is that British? Whatever?
Speaker 4: You can't they don't think Irish people in Britain want to confuse its fish and chips.
Speaker 6: Is that British or is that Irish?
Speaker 3: It's both and it's both, but you have to be you have to be careful.
Speaker 4: Irish people don't want you confusing them with British people because there's a lot of history there. But but apparently there's an Irish place. I did not know neither that there's a little Irish store next to McCarthy's.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. What's it called? Bill? I think it's just saying extra syllable the.
Speaker 5: Day, But I've walked by one hundred times going to McCarthy's.
Speaker 3: It's fetal or feet bill b I l whatever it is.
Speaker 4: They apparently have Weeda bix because they tweeted at Amari Williams saying we've got your wied to bix. So if you at feed a Bill or fit a will or whatever it is, I'll get I'll pronounce it correctly. If you will get us a box of this weeda bix, I'm glad to pay for it. You don't have to give it to me, and we'll we'll do it the warm milk and we'll taste what it tastes like. We'd love to try it.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the Continental Breakfast over here today.
Speaker 9: Listen, but nothing makes Shannon Dude happier than a good Continental breakfast.
Speaker 3: They did, it was good. W's up next.
Speaker 5: It's the number five cereal on Amazon today.
Speaker 3: By the way, No, it's the number five cereal on Amazon.
Speaker 5: Didn't say that until ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: That's a Williams.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the you want the power of bbnow, Weeda bis is the number five series.
Speaker 3: That's Christy. That's absolutely never even heard of. Go ahead, we got Randy up next. Randy, how are you Randy? Hey?
Speaker 14: That's called the Kentucky effect on the cereal guys.
Speaker 3: Two things.
Speaker 14: Number one, I looked at my youngest daughter's bracket this morning. She's got an All FCC final four Kentucky, Florida, Auburn, and Alabama.
Speaker 3: He has not crazy final, so she picked Alburn.
Speaker 14: But that's okay, uh. And second off the third game of the season, when we went Atlanta played Duke. After that game, I said, BBN is back in Kentucky. Basketball was back. Look at it now and look at our fan base is shit yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 4: If you were to go back and listen to my postgame show after the Duke game, I said something kind of similar that there was just an energy and a magic back and it's only continued all year.
Speaker 3: I mean that was you know, this team. I mean, I appreciate the call. This team with.
Speaker 4: Twenty two or twenty and eleven in the regular season, that's not like for Kentucky standards an insanely great record, although when you consider their schedule, I think it was pretty good, but it still felt like there was an energy and an excitement that was that was different. And then I think we've sort of we're we've seen that SEC tournament. The amount of Kentucky fans were wild. I know we lost, but it was it was it was wild. And then the Oklahoma game was wild, and then same thing here with the energy around everything. And I think this week, this week is going to be like a week of hype that's going to be awesome. I agree, this is gonna be an awesome week. I don't know what's gonna happen Friday night, but this is gonna be an awesome week.
Speaker 9: You're right, you know, out of their twenty wins. Some of their wins were like really really big wins. And I guess what is added to it? You know the excuse me?
Speaker 4: You want to come join us this web? Second here, real quick. I just have like two minutes or it's gonna be over. Just put this headset on right here, put this headset on. This is a This is a net, a net you work here at true?
Speaker 3: Right? Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: You are maybe the happiest person I've ever seen you. You hug everyone that gets a continental breakfast?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Why do you? Why do you get so happy? I wake up like this? So put that microphone above you, just little bit. There you go? Heyyy? So I wake up like this? Okay.
Speaker 15: So I learned through life that it takes more energy to be negative than to be positive.
Speaker 4: So let's just say that Mario were to come up real quick, I just got thirty seconds and he comes to breakfast.
Speaker 3: What do you say to him when he walks in?
Speaker 4: Good morning boob, and they'll give her loving Mario ict like she's Kevin Harlan, give her love and there you go.
Speaker 15: I mean, because the world is love, okay, we forget that. We gotta love on each other and respect each other and beat up for each other.
Speaker 3: Come on, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Well, Merrillville is a much more beautiful place because of you and that.
Speaker 3: There you go and give a message to the people of Kentucky real quick.
Speaker 15: Oh I love you people in Kentucky. Okay, I count to Maria Kentucky.
Speaker 3: All the time. Say go Kats go Cats. There we go.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you all very much for listening. We will be at KS Bar tomorrow. Thank you tuing that We'll see you later. Cats are into sweet sixteen. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.