Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Nick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Effson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Stamp of also my stro it's a fabulous football fight song. Friday edition of Mixed Shots as we get you ready for the Ice Bowl on Sunday afternoon, played indoors at AT and T Stadium. And thank god we're not in Kansas City. Thank god, we're not in Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Thank god we're not in Green Bay.
Speaker 5: Thank god we're not outside.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. Now we're not outside.
Speaker 3: It's the blue and orders blown in and now the Cowboys need a blue wind on Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thank Jerry for a roof.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: And you know this is we're not at the worst yet. Today is just a tease. Yes, the weekend is going to be the problem.
Speaker 7: It's going to be real cold on Sunday getting into the stadium and then and.
Speaker 4: Hope that the presept the ball indoors.
Speaker 3: I hope the wintry mix does not start Sunday afternoon where people leaving the stadium have to deal with anything.
Speaker 6: So twenty nine for a high on game day, that's for a high. The wind's going to be twelve miles per hours, so probably looking at a battle twenty twenty five or twenty degrees wind chill, well, and that's just not for the high.
Speaker 5: Then you get down to fifteen degrees.
Speaker 6: I believe it says for the for the low, and you know that's below zebo.
Speaker 2: What time was it when you first went out today today?
Speaker 5: It was thirty one degrees? What time like eight in the morning?
Speaker 2: What time do you first go outside?
Speaker 5: Uh? Was an hour ago?
Speaker 7: Worse, mine was like seven thirty eight. It was probably like thirty.
Speaker 2: It was up north where I live it was twenty eight and the wind was blowing like crazy, right, and I'm going, so this has got to be eighteen degrees, And I was like, no, I got to go in and put more on.
Speaker 4: This win just up to fifty miles an hour here this morning.
Speaker 2: I heard it. It woke me up.
Speaker 5: Bill got la on.
Speaker 7: Bill never was tale in Dallas last night.
Speaker 5: You know, I heard I thought I heard something, but last night we got rain. Did you get rain?
Speaker 2: I got rain, we got rail, I got thirty.
Speaker 4: There was a tornado watch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was like twelve thirty.
Speaker 3: It was like and it felt like springtime. You know, there was kind of ad in the Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 8: Seventy degrees yesterday. Yeah, it's like the.
Speaker 4: And it's it's gonna be.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at the run through the weather app and it had no precipitation.
Speaker 5: Well it's today and it's raining on my house.
Speaker 3: EXAs high is sixty today and I know it's thirty eight right now, and it's the high tomorrow's fifty seven, but it's no. It was the second front is coming through on Sunday, and his meteorologist Everson Walls told us high of twenty six on Sunday, a little of fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'll be sure to call you guys when I leave the stadium and it's about midnight.
Speaker 5: I have tickets. I don't think I'm going.
Speaker 2: I just I just think i'm going.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna be do my cue and A with my mad spags at Star Sports and I'm out of here.
Speaker 7: Well, shout out to all the Cowboys tailgaters, those fans that post up out there for hours and hours and hours.
Speaker 8: Bundle up, get your coats.
Speaker 5: Ready, Cowboy Mafiad.
Speaker 8: But they'll they will be out there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing I see going to the game is people are walking from the parking lots and they know it's an indoor game, right, but they're dressed like it's an indoor game. It's like, no, you've got.
Speaker 5: To get from your car. And that is about the quarter of a mile walk at least.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, in Kansas City it's thirteen degrees right now. They host the Dolphins on Saturday night. And on Saturday the high is seven degrees. It's going down and the low is minus eight degrees.
Speaker 2: And that's not including wins, and that's not including and the inch or three of snow. They haven't They're supposed to greet them today today when the Miami really blew it.
Speaker 4: And well, we contin.
Speaker 2: Although Buffalo is not going to be much better.
Speaker 3: Continuing with our weather report, Buffalo, they play Pittsburgh noon Dallas time on Sunday. It's going to be balmy there, ballmy twenty eight, twenty eight, it's going to be colder here than there. Twenty eight is the high on Sunday in Buffalo. Now there is a sixty percent chances snow and how much and nineteen is the low? And on my app tell me I've heard feet oh feet of Wow. Well they got a seventy percent chances snow on Saturday and sixty percent on.
Speaker 6: Sunday'll be out there jumping on cafeteria tables, lunch tables.
Speaker 5: Exactly, still doing that thing.
Speaker 3: So and again the coldest game ever pulled aid was what six? Uh was it fifty.
Speaker 4: Six years ago?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Thirteen below, thirteen below, finished at eighteen below.
Speaker 3: At some point the wind shield was like fifty seven below?
Speaker 2: Ridiculous? Right the Ice Bowl?
Speaker 5: What about uh Cincinnati?
Speaker 3: Well that no colder was the since Cincinnati and San Diego is the second coldest.
Speaker 4: Wow, coldest was the that was fifty six? We still hold the record.
Speaker 6: Didn't I see a crazy number like fifty something below or something?
Speaker 5: Didn't I see that?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe a windshield?
Speaker 5: Is that what that was? In San Diego?
Speaker 6: You're gonna tell me I to see a high number, like a high number with a minus sign there?
Speaker 8: Wait, that could not have been in San Diego.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 4: The Chargers were playing in the game.
Speaker 6: I think that game was cold. I think thevan I'm telling you that game is colder. I think Bill's wrong on that one.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, we're playing green Bay.
Speaker 5: We got to keep there.
Speaker 6: I played in Cleveland, so I want to get that that Ohio love man.
Speaker 2: The whistle getting frozen officials.
Speaker 7: All right, so speaking at Green Bay, should we do the practice report?
Speaker 8: Hang on, let me pull this up.
Speaker 7: I have to say, right, alright, perfect, okay, So we'll start with the Cowboys here. We had Stefan Gilmour was limited in Thursday.
Speaker 2: Participation, which was an improvement, Yes.
Speaker 8: Definitely an improvement. He was d n P on Wednesday, did not participate. And then we.
Speaker 7: Had Jonathan Hankins limited, Malie Hooker full practice, Zach Martin did not participate but he was on rest, Tyler Smith limited, and Tyrone Smith did not participate due to.
Speaker 8: Rest as well. So all things looking good for the Packers. One there, I do.
Speaker 2: It's pretty long.
Speaker 8: This is yes, and some of the guys, yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Guys that I'm interested in. I don't think Christian Watson wide received.
Speaker 2: He was limited.
Speaker 8: Uh, this list is so long. Yes, he was limited.
Speaker 7: And then we had two players they got moved from Bill on Wednesday, did not participate on Thursday, and that was excuse me if I mispronounce JayR Alexander Alexander.
Speaker 3: And by the way, interesting thing on him. He got hurt in practice this week.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, but you know.
Speaker 2: What it was. They were doing a jog through and he stepped down a teammate's foot and he's got a sprained ankle. They're not sure just where he's going to be. And he's been in most of the year. By the way, he's the guy if they were going to man up on ceedee lamb.
Speaker 3: It would have been him, right And will Savannah does it say ankle on him or says shoulder an okay, So he was bothered by a shoulder injury first, and then he'd suffered the ankle injury in practice.
Speaker 2: He got to give you another layer to him. Yes, I was just reading. He got suspended one game after the New Year's Eve or Christmas Eve game because they had designated their three captains that go out for the coin toss in Carolina, and because he's from Charlotte, he decided he was going to be the fourth guy out there, which is not allowed. Yeah, by the way, and not only did he go out there. He designated himself to make the decision on the coin toss and he bout screwed it up because they won the toss. And they asked him to ask the Packers, what do you wanted to do? And he piped up after Matt Lafour told him that they wanted to defer, and he says, we want to be on defense, and the and the referee was like, well, no, wait, you mean you you're deferring, and he goes, we want to be on defense and the guy said that's a defer and he goes, yeah, whatever. They suspended him for the next game the Packers. Packers did yeah, for conduct detrimental to the team.
Speaker 4: That's there. There are other things going on there.
Speaker 2: But but they said there were other issues too.
Speaker 4: There had to be. There had to be other issues going on.
Speaker 2: The issues the article.
Speaker 5: What's going on here?
Speaker 3: But these aren't just any old games that he's getting suspended for. They have to win and he's a two time Pro Bowl cornerback walks. Clearly other things going on there besides him doing that.
Speaker 2: So the NFL, which, by the way, since I was on the Zebra site, Ron Tolbert's going to be the head referee.
Speaker 3: And one other guy on the Packers injury report, AJ Dylon, running back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did not practice.
Speaker 4: That's another key guy.
Speaker 5: It's hard to hear the big man like.
Speaker 2: That sixty eight on the West.
Speaker 4: Forty seven when it came out of coue. So he's trimmed down to Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you he probably walking around to sixty.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I now have an update on the coldest games in NFL history, Okason, And it was December thirty first, nineteen sixty seven at lambeau Field. The temperature minus thirteen degrees wind chill of minus forty.
Speaker 4: Eight at game time.
Speaker 3: Okay, the game you're talking about at Riverfront Stadium January tenth, nineteen eighty two, the Chargers at the Bengals AFC Championship game, the temperature was minus nine degree ease. But this is what you were referring to. The windshill was minus fifty nine.
Speaker 5: I knew it was so.
Speaker 3: Actually, the Riverfront game was colder as far as the windshill is concerned, by a.
Speaker 5: Let but the official degree.
Speaker 3: But yeah, fahrenheit fahrenheit thirteen degrees below zero for the Cowboy game nine degrees below zero for that one and number three on the list was January tenth, twenty sixteen, Seattle and Minnesota minus six degrees at TCF Banks Stadium.
Speaker 2: So when you left out about the ice Bowl, there was also at least a foot of snow on the ground.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Well, you know one thing they do have in common of the Great Lakes, right, the problem.
Speaker 5: They are great don't play. They don't play.
Speaker 2: I can tell you about the Great Lakes.
Speaker 5: Hey, I've been there, path didn't like it.
Speaker 2: And my one story of somebody that was there, Savannah won't know his name, but Frank luxA was writer covered the Cowboys for the Dallas time. He was walking from however they got to the stadium from the bus or a car to the stadium, and he stepped in a snow drift and he went down to his waist right, and now he's got to pull himself out and by the time he gets to the press box he's soaking wet. At thirteen below, how did you fall into a snow drift? Well, you're just walking and then you stepped and it was deep.
Speaker 6: That's crazy, man, I mean, come on, we're talking about a parking.
Speaker 2: Lot or those guys waking up telling me the story that they they woke up and opened the shades and you could throw a cup of coffee on the window and it froze. Yeah, it was pretty miserable, which is the reason why bart Starr ran for the touchdown because the other two plays, the running back couldn't get any traction.
Speaker 5: And the reason why Bob Hayes didn't catch any passes.
Speaker 6: Catch if they put it right there, you know, if I could just catch it with my chicken wing, I'll be Okay.
Speaker 3: That was one of the great games in NFL history. And we can laugh about it now. And we were crying that day.
Speaker 8: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: You guys were crying.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, make you a Packer fan.
Speaker 5: And yeah he has this show, uh huh.
Speaker 6: We should hold it against the entire life and.
Speaker 2: What colors.
Speaker 7: Lime I heard you guys yesterday give it Vicky like hell, just exactly for the for the plot.
Speaker 8: But actually, yeah, we got to bring it back to Okay, this.
Speaker 5: Is the only wind jacket that I have, but this is strictly for the winter.
Speaker 8: Time to go to the pro shop.
Speaker 5: I believe, I believe I got this a cowboy golf tournament by the way, So.
Speaker 2: We'll just don't wear it tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I won't be I won't be going any that's right. I have that tomorrow. Can I do that from home? I'll be up and ready shaved and everything.
Speaker 3: One of the note around the league before we ask Packers, well, we have a hiring this morning. Of course, New England Patriots. Gerrod Mayo is the new head coach of the Patriots, something that he was told a year ago when it was put into his contract that he would be the next head coach of the New.
Speaker 2: England So they didn't have to go through any protocols to hire him. He can be sure they interviewed people.
Speaker 5: He can't back out. Yeah, right, find the contract, damn it. You're going to be coaching here.
Speaker 3: And to get around the Rooney rule, they had to notify the league a year ago and that it was in his contract and approval from the.
Speaker 4: League at that point.
Speaker 2: So and the Commanders hired a general manager, Adam Peters, Yes, from San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, that's what that's a good move.
Speaker 3: So that tells me that they are out on Belichick.
Speaker 4: The Commanders are probably I'm looking.
Speaker 2: At Atlanta for Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I think you're right thinking. I'm thinking Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Put your money on Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I can't see building Atlanta. It's a tough one. I don't know. It's hot.
Speaker 4: You can see can you see him? Now?
Speaker 3: Think about the roster in Atlanta with the guys that they with Kyle Pitt, Straight London v. Jean Robinson, and they've got a top ten pick for to get a quarterback. So now and that, and I'm still saying the Chargers ought to be calling Pete Carroll.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: You guys know who I'm a fan of. You guys already know that's right.
Speaker 4: Where does Harball work into the mix here?
Speaker 5: Man, Pete Carole?
Speaker 8: I feel like that's the fit.
Speaker 2: Pete Carole is going down with Justin Herbert a little bit.
Speaker 5: No, Pete Caroled is gonna make Justin Herbert into.
Speaker 2: The truth is lurking there?
Speaker 4: He is Nate in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the haircut too, look at it. He looks good.
Speaker 2: He's ready for.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we dive into playoffs next here on mix shots.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rubis him show it up the middle Andy Scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing, ice cooled kola a journey to foodopia.
Speaker 8: Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys and Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more, or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP Fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, demict.
Speaker 7: Shuts kpost, Roofine and Waterproofing the official roofer.
Speaker 8: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Before we jump into playoffs, we have to give a huge birthday shout out to producer Yes Nate.
Speaker 8: Frisco, I know producer Supreme.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Thank you, Happy birthday, Chris.
Speaker 6: Yay Chris the man Mickey never forgets my birthday.
Speaker 2: Because I have to wish my sister a happy birthday exactly today.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, wait, this is Drew Pearson's birthday too.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that part.
Speaker 5: I don't know my nephew, by the way, my nephew.
Speaker 4: Okay, producer supreme, happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: What what do I need to do to fix my headset problems?
Speaker 2: Right about?
Speaker 4: I can't hear anything.
Speaker 5: I hear everything.
Speaker 7: How Nate, Nate, what were you just saying about the Packers while we fix our headsets?
Speaker 8: Let's dive in.
Speaker 13: What I was saying about the pack is a lot of people are not giving their offense enough credit. I think this kid is playing lights out. I think Jordan loved he threw all his interceptions. But in the first eight nine games, these last seven eight games, he has been dynamite. I mean his accuracy is yes, his accuracy is uncanny. He has a plethora of wide receivers. And then what's more important is Aaron Jones has gotten healthy. Now, a lot of people tell me how bad their offensive line look. But the last three games, I think it's been thirty four carriage twenty nine carriages, almost twenty seven carries and Aaron Jones is getting the bulk of these. Unlike when they had the serial killer John Wick, Aaron Rodgers, he was just a spice, he was just part of the plan. Aaron Jones now he's an enhancer. He makes everything stay balanced. That way, they don't have to throw this kid to the wolves. They try to play ahead of the chains. And this is Matt Lafleur. My hat's off to you because it's two coaches in this league.
Speaker 5: I think this.
Speaker 13: Year that exceeded themselves and that was the Rams situation. In this situation here, these people exceeded themselves by being where they're at. And I want to give Baker Davis at the Tampa team a little love too.
Speaker 5: But those two.
Speaker 13: Teams, nobody thought that they would be sitting where they're at. And not only is the Rams sitting in a favor position, people looking at them as spoilers. That's how good they think. Mcveigh's and he's got the team. But back to the Green Bay Matt Lafleur, great job, great job of bringing his kid along within a season and letting him play the way he's playing and doing it the way he's doing it.
Speaker 6: This is what everybody was out there trying the way to wag their finger out.
Speaker 5: Yes, and.
Speaker 13: Aaron Jones, he is not that he is not the lead dog. He is and what I mean by that he is not the face of the franchise the kid Jordan Love is. But he's an enhancer if you don't check him early in the game. If you don't check him, he's averaging five yards of.
Speaker 4: He's averaging five point seven the last his career.
Speaker 13: I did my Fami, you you did Oklahoma, I just did it in my.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying life.
Speaker 13: I love this game because I look at it, you know, Jesse Hollywood, correct me. I look at it as the n c a AS you want and done. But remember a lot of teams will play that first playoff game in the n c a AS and it'll be a struggle, but there they'll win. And then that's when after that it gets easier. So we may struggle, I think against Green Bay, but after we beat them, it'll get easier.
Speaker 4: Is it okay?
Speaker 3: Is this a fifteen seed against the two seed in the March Badness.
Speaker 5: Loan every week?
Speaker 13: Because some of them seas be messing up and about them seas you're talking about, I'm talking about the seas, be talking about all.
Speaker 4: That's the truth from Nate Newton.
Speaker 2: Will just know that. As he was talking about Jordan Love, I just looked, uh, in the first ten games, he was sacked twenty two times, and he was sacked thirty for the season. So everything improved as the season went along.
Speaker 5: And they come from that offensive line. That's the guy to come from the line.
Speaker 7: Well, speaking of the line, there was one other person that I did not mention on the practice report that had moved to do not participate, and that was their left guard.
Speaker 8: Is it Chickens Yes, Elsin Jenkins.
Speaker 7: He was moved to do not participate on Thursday, So I guess that is very telling.
Speaker 8: But we'll find out if he will be playing on.
Speaker 3: And their offensive line has been relatively healthy all year. They lost David Baktyari, their left tackle, the first game of the season to a knee injury, and the left tackle that has been filling in all season for them as their seventh round pick last year, Rashid Walker, and then Zach tom Is their right tackle as their fourth round pick last year, which is so they've got two young tackles that I think the lion has his eyes on for Sunday afternoon. It's amazing though, what Nate is talking about with the young players that the Packers had. They're the youngest team in the league. The Rams of the second youngest team in the league. The Rams had fourteen draft picks this year. The Packers thirteen draft pick all made the team and nine of them are playing prominent roles on this team.
Speaker 4: One guy in.
Speaker 3: Particular that that I like coming into the draft and the big green notebook was Jaden Red number eleven out of Michigan State, who has I think eight receiving touchdowns to rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Them with sixty four catches.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: Well, Kashawn Kishawn Nixon kick returner for Green.
Speaker 4: Bank and he's the slot corner also for.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, he made All Pro. That was kick return.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a special team rye and.
Speaker 2: Mostly because he had a long of fifty one. But he's got seven hundred and eighty two yards in returns.
Speaker 5: How do you get that?
Speaker 6: Is it Lambeau Because you can't reach, you can't reach the end zone because of Lombo.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got. Uh. I was going to say, because Aubrey. I think he has set a record for touchbacks. Yeah, they've only had about a handful of touchbacks this year.
Speaker 6: Did we talk about the All Pro offensive teams in first and second?
Speaker 2: So the Cowboys opponents have only had eight kick returns, and I think three of them were in the Washington game. The way that wind was.
Speaker 6: Blowing, I'd be surprised if we got to return in Oura Stadium. No, I mean his legs, his legs, Okay, right, he's out.
Speaker 2: No problem, he doesn't have tiredly.
Speaker 3: The other guy that I think is one of the keys in this game is the health of Christian Watson though, and when you look back, Watson was the problem that he's had the last two years his first two years in the league.
Speaker 4: Is staying healthy.
Speaker 3: And he suffered a hamstring injury in the Kansas City game, a game in which he scored two touchdowns. In the previous week against Detroit, he had a touchdown. The previous week, he got a touch down against the Chargers. So he was playing really well and that's what set them off on this eight game stretch here where they won six of those eight games. And hearing him talk this week, he says that he's eighty five percent or so, but he's at one hundred percent sure he's going to play. And when you go back and look at those games in November, he was getting over around seventy five percent of the snaps.
Speaker 4: I think if we.
Speaker 3: All remember what he did against the Cowboys last year up there, he scored three touchdowns in that game.
Speaker 2: He's missed seven games, the last four with the hamstring. So yeah, he's somebody. Obviously the Cowboys got to keep an eye.
Speaker 4: He's six four two eight.
Speaker 3: He ran a four to three six, He's got eleven four broad jumping thirty eight and a half vertical. That's the kind of athleticism you're talking about there, and.
Speaker 4: I think he's just a difference maker as far as that goes.
Speaker 3: Now, what others will tell you is that the question is whether he catches the ball or not.
Speaker 2: And so he had a few problems his rookie year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first plague of his NFL career, Aaron They went deep in Aaron Rodgers hity minstride and he dropped it.
Speaker 5: But anyway, yeah, we never forget that one.
Speaker 6: Everywhere we talked about that one like that. The highlight of his career.
Speaker 3: That's because that's because I tottled him so much coming into the draft that year.
Speaker 6: So, hey, guys, I cannot believe Brandon Aubrey did not make first team where he did get first team? Hold on, yeah, a pro team, he's on it right, Yeah, you're right. But the punder Anger Anger, he got second. He got second team. This guy aj Cole from Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: He had the one guy had a better average and a better net average. Anger was second to that.
Speaker 5: That's tough. That's tough. I just knew Anger was going to be the man.
Speaker 2: And it's real easy for he. People to vote, our players and coaches to vote. They just look at the average and say, oh he was the best, and but you got to also look at the touchbacks. Hanger has very few touchbacks.
Speaker 5: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: Well that all that all goes into the into your net Micah, Second team?
Speaker 5: Is that what I say? Second team? Yes? Along with Max Cosby Cosby from Vegas.
Speaker 4: No I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at FLPA All Pro Team I'm looking at was released a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: This is the ap.
Speaker 2: AP approach was released the smart and by.
Speaker 6: The way, Lamar got first team that got second team. Uh, ceedee, Lamb got first team along with Tywick Hill and the usual suspects.
Speaker 5: Well the debate is Micah right, Yeah, the second team second team.
Speaker 2: Well, they're just looking at Sex.
Speaker 5: He behind Miles Gas looks on t J. Watt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just looked at the sect.
Speaker 6: So that's kind of tough man. Miles Gavett the hell of a season.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, Everson, Yes, sir On Anger, forty four punts, two touchbacks, seventeen inside the twenty.
Speaker 5: Crazy. I just knew that he was. He had first team locked up.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got a question on the APO Pro team. Can we come of age here a little bit? There's three linebackers on the first team. What teams play three linebackers? Now, I'm talking inside linebacker types, so Fred Warner, Rokwan Smith and Quincy Williams those are I'm not talking edge outside linebackers like in a three four. So nobody plays three linebackers. No one starts three linebackers.
Speaker 2: What else Mike we make it?
Speaker 4: Dallas doesn't?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: Did Michael make it as a linebacker or defense?
Speaker 4: Edge rush? Right, which is where he should be.
Speaker 2: On the on the l PA All Pro team for the linebackers, they designated insideline backers on the ball.
Speaker 4: That's what it needs to be.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and they're off the ball, two or three for each right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's a pet peeve of mine.
Speaker 3: They it's like they've got the form that they fill out is from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: Right, right, Yeah, they don't use it anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't have the traditional starting defense anymore. The linebackers are not what you expect them to be or with they expend.
Speaker 3: And along those lines, how many times do teams line up with a running back, a full back, a tight end and just two wide receivers? Why are there just two wide receivers on the first team All Pro? Every team in the league start basically starts at eleven personnel with three.
Speaker 6: Having said that, they have added the slot corner, Yes, they have done the yest corner.
Speaker 5: That's he's going covering that third wife receiver.
Speaker 2: But he's covering there's no.
Speaker 4: Receiver on the team.
Speaker 5: Trent McDuffie got first team for.
Speaker 2: Kansas, So what about the offensive line?
Speaker 5: Did Zach Zach got it first? Tyland and Tyler got second? Oh, that's good for Tyler Yeah, Tyler's in the mix.
Speaker 4: He's on the nfl p A All Pro first Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the and the voting h takes place by players that play. You can vote for the position you play or the position you play against. So I think that was that's pretty good for them to do.
Speaker 6: I just I just thought the law would get some consideration. Yeah, and he did, not first or second team. They don't have a designation Chris Jones and Aaron Donald and then they've got on second team. I thought he could make second team, but they gave it to the guy from the Giants, Dexter Lawrence and Justin mather Bok.
Speaker 3: He's from here, justin mad We had one stretch this season for the Ravens where he had at least a half sacond eleven straight games.
Speaker 4: He's from here in the Metroplex.
Speaker 5: Well that's uh.
Speaker 6: First the second team, it's a he and the Dexter Lawrence from the Giants, which I know the Giants made a good run, but man, that d law has been you know, prevalent for.
Speaker 5: Us for all season. Yeah, all season, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, as he said, I've won those awards, but there's only one award I want to finish the season.
Speaker 6: He and Dak Dak said, he don't want the hat. I want a bigger hat, he said, I want a better hat.
Speaker 2: It was good that he didn't wear that hat. Not a lot of the guys put those hats on.
Speaker 5: She said, what is your head?
Speaker 3: They want only I think I recalled Dirk Novitski doing the same thing back in twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: One made their run.
Speaker 3: He didn't want anything to do with anything except that NBA Finals in the end.
Speaker 2: Fair, So that's how you get a statue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, when we come out, we found the nitty gritty.
Speaker 3: When we come back, it's our picks to click and who wins. On Sunday at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 15: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 5: What a pairing can? Crack's a Kickoff, Tailgate's.
Speaker 15: Going Way Pass, postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas?
Speaker 9: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere is the Crisp crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sell cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 8: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 11: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 8: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Tom shuts.
Speaker 7: Your Dallas Cowboys return home to take on the Green Bay Packers in the Wildcard round of the twenty twenty three playoffs. Get ready to wipe out at and T Stadium on Sunday, January fourteenth at three point thirty pm on Fox. It's time to seize everything. For playoff updates, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash playoffs.
Speaker 5: You should have.
Speaker 6: Heard me yesterday. I was flawless Savannah.
Speaker 2: You should have she did.
Speaker 4: Was perfectly impossible.
Speaker 2: She said, Oh my god, I can't let that happen again.
Speaker 7: No, I love your I listened to the beginning of the show, the Savannah shots.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 8: That was good.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I think that we should continue with that. Well, let me put it to a vote.
Speaker 6: Just I have no ego By the way, guys. Uh, no one said anything about it. But should we give Kevin Pop Smith a shout out?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, yeah, he didn't get Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, college Football Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: It was voted on Monday, and Kevin Smith got a Texas A and M first round draft pick.
Speaker 2: But they announced it in January in the inductions. December, like yeah, next December, wow, December tenth.
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, we got time to get ready for that.
Speaker 3: The National Football Foundation the end of season awards, that's right, that's or whatever that they have.
Speaker 2: So he got before it picks the click. Let's real quickly, Rams, Lions, what you got, Lions.
Speaker 8: I'm going with the Rams.
Speaker 3: I'm going wishful thinking and going with the Rams. And wishful thinking meaning if if the Rams win that game, then the Rams go to San Francisco next week and the Cowboys get the winner of Philadelphia and Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: I was going to pick the Rams for just I mean, uh yeah, the Rams just for to pick the winner. Okay, Philly and Tampa Bay.
Speaker 5: Tampa.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're going Tampa winning at home.
Speaker 5: I'm going with Tampa win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm taking Philly.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go ahead and take Philly.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tampa's very good, but we'll find out.
Speaker 4: I don't think Phi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all right. And is Jal throwing the ball this way?
Speaker 5: If he, if he has probably understand the way.
Speaker 4: Nick Honey is on the hot seat, didn't feel about that.
Speaker 5: That was a quick one.
Speaker 2: Cleveland, Houston, Cleveland, Houston. I'm going to Houston, Cleveland, Miami, Kansas City. Case, I'm gonna take Kansas City just because of the weather.
Speaker 4: That's what I do.
Speaker 5: That's all. That's all.
Speaker 6: It's Kansas City, if it was if it was in Miami, I give Miami.
Speaker 3: But the Dolphins have had so many injuries on defense, They've lost every edge rusher basically all right.
Speaker 2: And in the game that you got to pay six dollars to watch, Pittsburgh and Buffalo, Buffalo.
Speaker 8: Let's go Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Oh well, just for the heck going Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Buffalo, six dollars to watch. What's the story on that.
Speaker 2: It's the Peacock game.
Speaker 3: No, the Peacock Gang is Saturday Night Peacock Peacock Game.
Speaker 4: No, it was above it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, yes, sorry, Yeah, it's the Miami Glad we cleared that up Miami, Kansas City.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Somebody was like, I think if you have an NFL.
Speaker 2: I think I'm hoping, so I think you get you get the NFL plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, NFL plus, you get that. That's I think. That's what I've done.
Speaker 5: Before game.
Speaker 2: I saw what the Pittsburgh Buffalo. It's CBS and Paramount.
Speaker 5: I hope this is not a trend of having to pay.
Speaker 2: Jerry was asked today and he said the NFL will always have games on free TV. This is just another avenue to explore.
Speaker 6: Well, I want every game, yeah, free on TV. I don't say we always will have games. See that's that old slick talk. I want every game to be free.
Speaker 4: This is the plan.
Speaker 5: Jammy kills me. Man, you gotta listen like I want to hear every word. Play it back to me just the way he said, which.
Speaker 2: Like the way the Cleveland Houston game you can watch it on Peacock and Telemundo. About that.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's.
Speaker 5: Go, all right, I'm ready, guys.
Speaker 8: All right, so excited you're up.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 6: Bill talked to me about doing some things on Jordan Love. And one thing that's about Jordan Love. No, I'll put it this this this pick to click.
Speaker 5: I see him obviously he's a great passer. Uh, he's just really good. Uh connection with his wide receivers. His timing is amazing.
Speaker 6: You see how his balls you say they float sometimes, Well, he's already thrown the ball before the receivers turned around. So his timing is really amazing. He had to get that by watching Aaron Rodgers just a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's interesting you say that because keep in mind, who is quarterbacks coach is with the Packers now it's Tom Clements. And Tom Clements his old Notre Dame starting quarterback back in the seventies under Era Parsigen.
Speaker 4: But he's seventy years old.
Speaker 3: He's seventy years old, and he was the Packers quarterbacks coach under McCarthy from two thousand and six to twenty sixteen. He was offensive coordinator for a short time there, and then from there he went to Arizona. He was with Kyler Murray and when Murray made the Pro Bowl, Tom Clements was his quarterbacks coach. So the couple of years ago, Matt Lafleur hired Clements out of retirement to come work with specifically Jordan Love, and then he got Aaron Rodgers and so there are some similarities there you see with Love and Rogers a little bit, but I think it has a lot to do with the quarterbacks coach Clements.
Speaker 6: And having said that, he also plays extremely well off of play action with Aaron Jones running away. He's been running. That's why they've been so successful successful. His play action pass is now. His percentage extremely high on play action passes.
Speaker 2: That's why they got to stop the run.
Speaker 6: That's why they got stopped to run. But also they got stopped to pass. So I am looking at my boy Bland coming through this game getting another interception, and I'm looking at the Cowboys. They're gonna win thirty five to twenty four.
Speaker 4: That's my score, thirty five twenty four.
Speaker 2: And by the way, since he mentioned coaches, Rich Pasacas, their special teams coach and former Cowboys linebacker Kyle Wilburg, Wow is a quality control coach on the defense. I just Dick Butker's nephew le offense line coach.
Speaker 3: I got a story from him when he was playing from Cologne, Germany. When I did NFL Europe games, I did one with Steve Berline and a postgame party was at a bar in Cologne, Germany. The matchup between Steve Berlin and Luke Budkis was legendary, which I will not go into the details.
Speaker 5: Of, but I'm sure you got a ball over.
Speaker 7: There, all right, all right, So I know everyone has been talking about stopping this run and the ability for Jordan Love to pass the ball, and you've got to get coverage on those wide receivers. However, I am looking at the Cowboys defense to get to Jordan Love before he is the ability to hand off the ball or to pass the ball. So I am going with DeMarcus Lawrence this week is my click to pick one and a half sacks and then the score for me is going to be twenty to ten.
Speaker 4: Twenty to ten, boy, I hope you will.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be biting my nails all gay for that.
Speaker 2: All right? I have Donovan Wilson as my pick.
Speaker 5: That's a good one. He's been balling.
Speaker 2: He has been stole you stole him from Oh no, he's got an interception each of the last two games.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get a third one this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, he's going to help out on this run defense. I see him back to being the Donovan Wilson we knew before he had the off season stuff going on. So uh my score, Uh, Cowboys thirty the Packers twenty. Okay, late Touchdow touchdown or Field Gold pull away.
Speaker 8: We're both within the ten yeah region. Here we'll see.
Speaker 3: And Bill Jones, I got to change mind and he took Wilson, right.
Speaker 4: I'll go with another.
Speaker 3: I'll go with a veteran corner who's been playing very well lately, and that's Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 5: Yes, so good one.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get Love a couple of times. I think they're going to interceptions, so he's due to be picked off, all right, And so I'm predicting a couple of interceptions and Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll get one of them because he's left for me. You took and you took Wilson. So I'll take Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 2: And he's only had one interception in the last eight games.
Speaker 5: That's going to change.
Speaker 4: No love Love, and Lewis has had one in the last two games. Yes, so uh in my score, I'll harken back.
Speaker 2: To twenty one seventeen, hard Heart do the first do the first NFL title.
Speaker 4: Game when he starts, Howking going back to the Ice Bowl. We're going a year before the Icebowl.
Speaker 3: This this is payback for the nineteen sixty NFL Championship game played on New Year's Day nineteen sixty seven at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, when Vince Lombardi's Cowboys beat Tom. Vince Lombardi's Packers beat Tom Landry's Cowboys thirty four to twenty seven and round to the first Super Bowl. This time, the Cowboys beat the Packers thirty four to twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Well, they get an interception in the end zone with seconds left to seal the victory.
Speaker 4: That's Jordan's Lewis interception.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tom, Tom was it was Tom.
Speaker 4: Will It's a plane name, plane name.
Speaker 2: It's like Tom Wilson, Tom about Tom Jones.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I got it called up right here. I'll be able to find it quick enough. The game summary. We got to get this for you.
Speaker 5: This is very very Bill.
Speaker 2: Meredith was running out of time and had just do it to the zone.
Speaker 4: Tom Brown, Tom Brown, that's right, Okay, so I think it would be since it's his safety.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be Donovan Wilson who gets the picked in the game.
Speaker 5: So wait a minute, all right, do you say Donovan Wilson.
Speaker 3: No, I'll just say since Tom Brown was, we're gonna do the gate what happened fifty six years ago?
Speaker 4: Or what fifty seven years?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: The years are just passing by too quickly.
Speaker 5: All right, those years are way good.
Speaker 2: I can tell you where I was watching that game, but.
Speaker 4: You know where I was? I think I was.
Speaker 3: I was in the entry hall of our house. It was a place I was getting the best reception on the radio because our Cowboys antenna wasn't working. Probably, oh no, with the station in Sherman or Tyler that we normally watched the blacked out games on.
Speaker 4: It was too snowy, it was too funny.
Speaker 2: Sixty six season.
Speaker 4: January first, nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure I was outside playing the mud.
Speaker 4: In Hamilton Park.
Speaker 2: I was sitting on the couch in my aunt Rosie's basement, watching the game as we were having and you were.
Speaker 3: So happy that the Cowboys lost. You heard me screaming, okay, hoping hopefully Mickey will be screaming in elation on Sunday, A.
Speaker 2: Fight there.
Speaker 14: You going all right, and uh, we'll see if we'll be able to be here on Monday as ice holiday ice mcgeddon hits it.
Speaker 3: It is MLK Day, Chris, Chris, I'm not sure what the plan is for Monday, but no Monday.
Speaker 4: That's actually good to.
Speaker 3: Hear because of the weather, wintry mix that is hitting the metro PACs. I'll be safe out there, enjoy the game, and we'll talk at you again on Tuesday as we get you set for Dallas and Philadelphia next week.
Speaker 5: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.