Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right. You can buy your allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality the King. It's me Carlos kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, rain Drops. On today's episode of Reality with King, honey is an emergency, It's a bird, it's a plane. No, it's the end of an era. We have to talk about the breaking news of what's been happening today in the sense of that the Pump Rules as we all know it is coming to an end. But with a twist, I could not do this episode. Hello, please help me In breaking back, fan favorite gip said John Well I'm happy to have you on board and thank you for being available. So listen. I think we all knew where we were when we first heard that Arianna was being cheated on by Tom with Raquel. I think we all knew where we were when major events happened in the world. And today we all knew where we were when we got the news that have Ban the Poem Rules original cast is out the door. So Gibson, the news has broken that the current cast, the legacy cast of Band the Poem Rules, is gone, but that the show will be rebooted with a brand new cast of young kull Falls. Break it down to me, Gibson, what's going on here? I'm like freaking out.
Speaker 2: This this sort of brings Lisa back into the set the spotlight like she because her her star has been kind of fading in the Bravo worlds. She's taking her show to Hulu. So I kind of think this is partially, you know, a play to get Lisa sort of back in the fold in a big way. I think it's I think their budgets were all ballooning. I think that you know, there was the highest rate show on Bravo. It was going to be expensive, and yeah, it's gonna be a whole new crop of hopefully messy, hopefully not too hopefully not too you know, fame hungry, hopefully not too like aware, like I hope they just to kind of find a great group that works there.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't know. It threw me for a loop today, it did.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about it? Do you think it's a step in the right direction or are you afraid that is going to go down the route of the horrible season that we have a Roney reboot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that I'm sad about it. My initial emotion was sad because it's the end of an era and it was such a good run for this show, and it's it's weird because the show two seasons ago, the Scandabal season, was such a high, not just for the show but for Bravo. It was like the most all encompassing moment that brab was maybe ever had in its entire run. Just kind of like like kind of the size of pop the portion of pop culture that I was taking up, Like it's gone from such a high to now, oh my god, we're saying goodbye to all these people. Two years later, less than two years later, and I'm sad about it, but I think realistically they maybe would have gotten one more season out of these people. It wouldn't have been a very good season. You know, none of them talk to each other anymore. They don't like each other, they don't want to film with each other, And so in my mind I've kind of gotten to a point already today where I'm like, why not try this out? Why not see if you can go back to the basics and get some cheap talent, get some people who are really desperate to make a name for themselves. And because the thing is the thing that I think a lot of people have compared it to the Rony reboot in a you know, it makes sense because these are the only two times we've seen them kind of wipe the whole slate clean. But the difference for me is that there's two. One is that desperation and wanting to be famous is sort of intrinsic to the vander pumb Rules DNA that first season, Sheena Jack Stace Sandival. They all wanted to be actors, they all wanted to be celebrities, and that was sort of that's what LA is all about. It's about climbing that ladder, and if reality TV is that avenue for these people, then beeit.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing is.
Speaker 2: That, like on Roney, one of the biggest things I think that has has hurt has heard its chances of really connecting is that this isn't a real that is not a real group of friends. They weren't friends before the show, and maybe these aren't. This isn't a group of friends. But these people work together whoever they find, they're all working in the same place, and so there's a natural meeting point, there's a natural connection, there's a natural point of like something they have in common, and so I think that it has a better chance. A show like this has a better chance that a reboot than I think a Housewives does in terms of wiping this saying clean.
Speaker 3: At least from my point of view.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with that. So this this is my My initial reaction upon hearing the news was like, oh my gosh, because I still have Ptsdeah from the Roney reboot that that's that's not serving me. So that was my initial, you know, knee jerk reaction, like, oh my gosh, I don't need another show ruined like shade if you want it. I'm not being shady, I'm being honest. Ronnie reboot is not good, and I don't care who says it is. It's not good. It's not good. The cast are great, talented, successful women. They're accomplished, they're they're everything you want in an accomplish New York City women. They're not reality stars. And it's and it's okay to say that. I Carlos King have a great personality. I'm whimsical. I'm not that bad to look at. Okay, I would be a horrible reality star. I'm private. I have never shared my relationship. I don't want you guys knowing anything I do between the hours of nine am and nine pm. And granted i'm working, so I'm kind of boring, you know, like I don't. I'm kind of boring. I would be a horrible reality star. So it's not a disc it's is. It is what it is. So that was my kneej reaction. And then I calmed down, and then I was driving to get my haircut and I had a moment of reflection and I said, you know what, kudos, so bravo, And here's why I'm sick and tired of talent on ensemble shows thinking they're the star of it and that the show will not continue without them. Yes, like guys like it needs them, Yeah, it needs them. Like I'm sick and tired of talent on ensemble shows thinking like I can do what I want and they'll fire everybody else but me.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: No one's safe. It's an ensemble show. It's a group. Okay, no one makes it as a solo star in reality television. Okay, we fell in love with you, the star of the show, because yes, you can be the star of the ensemble show. But make no mistake, it doesn't mean that the show cannot go on without you. And one thing I'll always tell people is when it comes to the ensemble world, it's like the starting five lineup of a sports game. Lebron James is arguably the greatest athlete of all time in the NBA, Right, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Michael Jordan is nothing without his team, of the of the of the players. Lebron James is not anything without his team. Lebron James cannot win a championship ring if he's on the court by himself. Right, Yeah, I wish reality stars would understand that. And the problem with these VANDAM Pump Rules cast members. They drank the kool A, they drank them OA, they drank the Asus Spades, and they got drunk with fame. They got drunk with power, and they got drunk with delusion. And this is what the fuck you get. This is what the get when you think your shit doesn't think. This is what you get when you lost the plot. We loved you, guys when you were broke in an apartment with doodoo brown carpet that needed cleaning. We loved you when you had the blinthe in your apartment that you have to twist in order to pull it down. We loved it. Yeah, yeah, we love to come up.
Speaker 2: And that's what vander Hump Rules ultimately has always been a like that, that sort of it was sort of this like Cinderella story, that's sort of like you wanted to root for these people, but ultimately they've gotten to the point that we are rooting for them to get to and now it's sort of like, well, let's let's pull it back here a little bit, you know what I mean. And the other thing is that now Bravo has other avenue to keep these people in the full which is via the Valley. So and that really is what that that makes sense for maybe some of these people to graduate into that eventually. I you know, we're gonna see Sheena, La La Schwartz and brock On there in some capacity next season, not as full time people, but.
Speaker 3: Separate the two.
Speaker 2: I think I think that these two shows were sort of verging into the same lane. It's sort of like there's only so much space on that road. And I think that the Valley has been such has been such a hit and such a that's just getting started. So it's sort of like reset the Vanda pump rules thing, you know, reined in. And I think it's really smart, I really do. And I'm again I'm sad that it's the end of the era, but you know, the show was reaching its end, its natural endpoint. It really was, and and I think that like it had that one last burst where it reached heights that had never reached before was scandabal and I will always have that moment as Bravo fans and people. I mean, it was it was such a moment, but it was only going to come down from that. You can't you can't sustain that, And and I was thinking about it because I'm like Southern Charm and Vanda Pump Rules sort of started around the same time, and they had a similar trajectory at first, but then Vanda Pump Rules obviously took it much like you know, it went to New Heights and Van think Southern Charm is more a steady, a steady burn. And it's interesting because I'm sort of like it's almost a testament. Obviously, Scandabal was so huge, I mean, you got it. It nominated for an Emmy Highest Rate of John Bravo. But it may be also as a testament to not have a big moment like that, because slow and steady might keep you going for longer, you know what I mean, Because I don't know, I just think it's so hard to come back from that, and sometimes you can get too big to sustain, you know.
Speaker 1: No, it's true, it's true. No, that's a really good point. Sometimes it's felt like when you jump the shark, right, Like, when something is so big, it's sort of like, how can you top this? And hard it milked?
Speaker 3: It's so hard to you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do that. In reality, like in the scripted world, you have the imagination to come up with anything you know on the top of your head, but in reality you have to work with real people to get real stories. That makes sense. Let's let's let's go back to the original plot of Vanda Pump rule. Yeah, you know, the genius idea following Let's let's call it what it is. Lisa Vanda Pump was the breakout star of Belly Hills, right, I mean, fan favorite the whole night. I personally, after episode one, I was standing for a chimio grammar minority, you know.
Speaker 2: Like, but Lisa Vanner Pump was like the the shiny new thing that we've never seen before, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, and she represented Beverly Hill feel Yes, yes it was. It was. It was over the tiles, oh, all of those things and the doggies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it was many ponies.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. So I mean her daughter's name is Pandora. I mean, what more do we have to say. I mean, let's talk about the wealth of that. Okay, So it was genius give said to take this breakout star and say, oh, you have a restaurant. You have these kids who work there, that's interesting. And Brandy Glanville husband slept with a waitress there, like, what what's happening at your restaurant, pup. So it was genius to sort of like do a pilot to see what was going on there, what was cooking and and and this is why you have to give Bravo props because listen up. Bravo is known as a network to show the opulent world of the elite. And when it came to Vandapart rules, it was it was it was risky to say, okay, we have this opulent woman named Lisa Amandam pomp who has a famous last name. But will people be invested in these kids living like being roommates like like kind of on this sort of like this is no shade but kind of like a mama June asked, you know, back, if you will, just very like normal and the class isn't.
Speaker 4: Isn't attainable attainable, thank you Gibson, much more political correctionable, if you will.
Speaker 1: Right. So it was risky because the the number one demographic for Bravo is high affluent white women, right, That's that's the number one demo for that network. So it was risky to show these kids not have it all, but it goes to show you that story will always rule any TV show. Total. It was the personal stories of this cast. And they're gorgeous and they're messy and they sleep with each other, but they also are like best friends and it's okay to grow. We saw Kim Kardashian girl from being like, oh that's that girl that David ray j to like this bona fide star. But let's have a real conversation. You and I are fans of the kardash A lot of people are like famous, Yeah, you'reself famous. Is like, are you really gonna give us the real deal? Like you did when you called it? Reggie Bush and had said, who are these floors you're talking? Said, yeah, one day you and I would do a podcast episode dedicated to every nash. But you do put your point, Gibson to where you lost the plot. And I think the problem was these want to be actors and musicians became famous and then they became rich. And what was the problem. Do you do you think the problem was some of the cast members and and and I'm gonna call their names and you don't have to at all. Gibbs. Do you think some of the cast members I E. La La Kent, Tom Sandoval, Tom Schwortz, those three to me drink the kool aid? If I'm being completely honest, Arianna, I think just started sipping the kool aid out of her sippy cup, and that was evident in this last season where she did not want to even give Tom aa conversation on camera. Do you think that's what caused this show to lose his luster? Or do you think it's the fact that they became so famous and successful that the audience didn't care. Child, We are just getting started. This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Arianna, I think just started sipping the kool aid out of her sippy cup, and that was evident in this last season where she did not want to even give Tom a conversation on camera. Do you think that's what caused this show to lose his luster? Or do you think is the fact that they became so famous and successful that the audience didn't care.
Speaker 3: It's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I think that I think it was almost this convergence of like what's expected of reality stars and what is right is good for you as a human.
Speaker 3: I think that Arianna put up.
Speaker 2: Some human, very human and very necessary for her own sake, boundaries for herself, and that was all I was a result of scandaval and being portrayed in real life, but that was intension with what you're supposed to do as a reality star.
Speaker 3: And so and I.
Speaker 2: You know, when Vanderhubtruls was getting to this point and sort of post and especially post scandival, something that I was saying and thinking about was like, I actually think that the way that they could have maybe sustained the show for slightly longer is to have leaned into slightly breaking the fourth wall and acknowledging their fame in a really overt way and really making it like a show about reality stars. You know, like if you bring it back to the Kardashians. The moments that they can still really pique my interest in a big way on the show is when they really show me the moment behind the moment, Like when there's a big public moment for them that we have seen in the headlines already, but we don't know what really happened behind the scenes, and they show us on the show months later. That gets my attention because it shows me how it all worked. You know, what was the messaging, How who was texting who? All that kind of shit. I wanted that on ban rules in some capacity, like show me them like with their competing celebrity brands and podcasts and whatever, because that's the real tension here. The real tension is I want this cash cow. I still want this job that my entire business is based around, and it wouldn't have to be too business, ye, I think, because I think that if they were allowed to really again overtly talk about this stuff, it would have freed them up to like because I feel like they were also kind of talking around it a lot of the time, you know what an I mean. It was sort of like they could acknowledge the show, but not really And that was really the ultimate crux of the issue, was like the fact that they're on TV and they're expected to show things. But so I don't know exactly what that would have looked like, but I kind of wish they had pivoted a little bit to it being more about the show it being a show, if that makes sense, because I think that would have given them a little more breathing room and it would have like it just felt like people were walking on eggshells last season until the very end when they had that big blow up, which maybe was too little, too late.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, no, I agree with you. Listen, the jig is up right. The audience understands that. Guys, we understand you. Guys call the location, you pay them a fee them, you tell the cast where to go, you tell them where to be at, you give them a call sheet, you give them a schedule. Like the audience other stands that. So to your point, breaking the fourth wall is fantastic in this day and age because the audience wants to feel like, Okay, we know this isn't scripted, we know that it's situational, and we're okay with it. Yeah. So I love a show when you talk about like, well, no bitch, you said this about me on Twitter, or like I watched a fucking episode you said about me last year. I got mad at ya, Like that's real life stuff. And again, it's what we want to see, and we just wasn't getting the real anymore because the reality is like again, it's like I love a boy band too. It's like in sync. It's sort of like how Lance Band spilt the tea, Lance Bass, excuse me spilt the tea? That look justin temper Lake felt like I don't need you guys anymore, like I'm just in Temperlake. And how Lance Bass admits it that every male in that group felt like, well, can this group move on without justin Timberlake. You know, That's what happens in these ensemble shows. So what people don't know is this, and I've worked on many ensembles in my lifetime, there is a breakout star, right what happens Sometimes the breakout star gets an ego and they start to say to and you don't, you don't. You probably don't know this Gibson the breakout star. Some of them starts to say this while filming, Well, it's my show, so you know I'm the star of the show. It's my show. I'm the star of the show. And not only do they say that to the producers, they say that in front of their cast and Gibson it happens more times and you think, and what that does for a cast member is they feel like, well, why am I here? And that's when you start seeing moments uppear on camera when you hear reality starts saying, I'm not giving her a moment. She wants a moment. She wants a moment because and this is something you may not also know, GiB say, you may know this. The star will not film with the person they have an issue with because they feel like if I don't film with them, they'll get fired. Let me ice them out. I want them out the show. I want them gone. And when you have producers say to them, like, guys, it's an ensemble show, like this show is big because all of you guys make sense. It's it's hard to deal with the ego. And I feel like with the vand the Pump Rules, the real lot of egos. There were lots of egos on that show. And I think the only person who may not suffered with an ego to me is Katie.
Speaker 3: I think that's probably accurate.
Speaker 2: I think that what's also interesting about that dynamic and Vander Pump Rules is that Arianna and I've always loved her on the show because I always just felt, I don't know, she always is like cool and like kind of unbothered the whole time, but she was kind of a reluctant star of the show because this happened to her, and then she became this woman scored, and she kind of took advantage of every opportunity as she should have done.
Speaker 3: And she she.
Speaker 2: You know, she built her this thing and she capitalized on it to an extent where she kind of outgrew the show. She's really the only one that I think can sustain something completely unrelated to Vander Rules for the next five or ten years.
Speaker 1: But gives I'd never cut you off. Baby. You think Arianna has thing Papa five years?
Speaker 2: She could host Love Island for the next five years.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I give her two years. Max.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I think that she could. I think that she could at least host Love Island for a while, and that's enough to sustain a career in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you see her doing anything else with I was hosting Love Island.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna be like another Dancing with the Stars big moment or like whatever. But I think that she's made I think that she's built herself enough into a recognizable name, more so than her castmates at this point, to like a broader swath of people that she could be called to do random you know, guests, like she's about to do a get like a guest and on some show that I've ever heard of. But like, I think she can continue to do that kind of stuff for a while. Personally, I really do. I will say this, though she has a good agent.
Speaker 1: I will say this. I will say this. I will give Arianna her props when it comes to this. The woman studied, she did hosting.
Speaker 3: She's good.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed. I got a chance to see some of Love Island. I got a chance to see her do the Emmy's after party with like nine leaks and Justin Sylvester. I will say this, Gibson, the woman has what it takes. And the only reason why I'm pushing back is this. She was springboarded because of the scandal, and you're she's like this reluctant star. I'm gonna say it, And guys, it's because I know a lot about how this how this shit works. You got those gigs because of the scandal, because you were on the tip of everyone's time. You're only as good as your last episode. You're only as good as your last season. When you when you're agent in Hollywood, sends you offer gigs and they say, Hi, I have Arianno Mattos. What shows y'all currently? Well, you know she's hosting Love Island. Is the number one thing that showed Peacock okay, is she's so in that show Man the Pump Rules that gets two million views a week. No, that show is done. Oh can we get Bronway from Salt Lake City?
Speaker 4: Because we hear she was talk of the town.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's going to be it. And that's the reason why. Because a lot of people are like, why are you so hard on Arianna? I'm not hard on any of the of my of my reality cast. I try to give them advice. My problem with Ariana was I wish her agent, her lawyer, her best friend, and I saw the producers do it, so shout out to the producers. I wish somebody what I said to her, love girl. We don't have that much time to milk this ship. I understand it's a problem. Give give us a scene with you and Tom give us because I'm able to at least give you two years of more gigs. And La La, in my opinion, became jealous of Arianna, and because La La felt like I give my bluff went in tears and she did.
Speaker 3: She did, Yeah, she did, La La.
Speaker 1: To me, to me, to me. Before the scandal, La La was the face of Man the Pump Rules.
Speaker 2: To me, I think she was the most natural reality star on that show and probably still is. Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, I star power.
Speaker 1: I low key feel sorry for her because she did give so much of the show. It's like it's like giving yourself to any job and all of a sudden you get laid off, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So yeah, literally, I think I think, and who knows what Season two of The Valley really is going to be, but I really do think that like that show will ingest one or two of.
Speaker 3: These people at some point, I really do.
Speaker 2: I think you let the dust settle, you kind of let the association or whatever kind of reputation they have from the past year or two kind of fade away, and then you bring them back to the If if Lala basically fades from from TV for the next two years and then they Bravo teases a big return to her on The Valley, I think it would be heralded as kind.
Speaker 3: Of a moment, you know what I mean. Like, I think that like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, everyone loves a return, and we have we have short memories and we're fickle as viewers, and people would like to see her back.
Speaker 3: I think in two years. I really do.
Speaker 2: I really think that. So maybe that's the key to you. Maybe just wait it out a little bit and keep doing your podcast and raising your two daughters, and then pitch yourself to Bravo in two years for the Valley season four.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I actually agree with that. I think listen, I think a Lotla is meant to be in reality television.
Speaker 2: She went too far, she took it to she got, she got ahead of her herself.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh she did, she did, she did, and that's the listen. Listen, listen, listen. If you are a reality star, will want to become one. Listen up. You have to have people on your team who tells you things you do not want to hear totally, who challenges you. Okay, the moment you push back and you feel like you know everything, some things you are going to know and have an instinct about, and you should ride with that. A lot of things you're not going to know because you have an emotional reaction to things, and that's going to be the problem. So this is what La La says. I want to start reading the reactions of the capah. So Lala said, where to begin. I was a young girl from Salt Lake City. I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing La La take Heather down on Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: But that's put Lala on secret Lizer woman wives.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Okay, So she talks about La La being her nickname. Sir was a place that became home. She was sipping vodka. Blah blah, blah, blah blah. A short time later, Ben the Porrules called whatever she said. I want to say thank you for rocking with us for so many years. This show changed my whole life. I'm unbelievably grateful for every moment. I'm unbelievably grateful for Bravo, for NBA Universal, for our crew, the entire cast, and most importantly all of you. We rock this bitch out. I thought that was a great me too. Now juxtapposed that against Arianna. Okay, this is what she had to say. I was up till four o'clock in the morning looking for all the right pictures.
Speaker 3: Not this voice changed.
Speaker 1: Carlos GiB said, why are you telling me the first sentence that you stayed up all I'm looking for photos. That's not a humble woman who feels I digress. I was up till four o'clock in the morning looking for all the right pictures and the right words. But there's no post or caption that could ever encapsulate everything. I'm further grateful to Bravo, l Sabana, Pump Evolution, blah blah blah, the showrunners, every single remember producer, and our showrunners. She did not mention the cast was at Gibson. I'm bother fucking sorry. I have an issue with that. If it wasn't for this cast, who's whose coat tails? You were writing for all of these seasons before Tom decided to stick his pen in another woman while I'm together. This cast carried the show while you were in the back seat wearing a seatbelt drinking up fucking Deer Park bottle water. Are you kidding me? You have the audacity to sit up and say I'm looking for photos. I want to thank Lisa, Bravo, NBC, the crew, which, yes, the crew is everything, but not your fellow cast members. I did not like that, And you can say what you want about La La, I can't, she said to the entire cast, and that to me is a woman that is going to eat this humble pie that she's been fed. And La La with alone, my advice to you listen to your team because you at least have enough sense to make sure to bring it back to the cast.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I don't agree that Ariana road road coketail. That's not my interpretation of Ariana's time on the show. But and I don't we want shady reality stars. It's shady that she didn't that she didn't mention the cast, and if it were me, I would have, but she didn't.
Speaker 3: She's still she's still, you know, holding.
Speaker 2: On to that, and I like the shade. That's that's a good reality star to me as well. So we we have a different you know, responses to that post.
Speaker 1: And you know what, that's okay, okay, No, you and I are able to have a healthy debate that that did rub me the wrong way, and.
Speaker 3: I understand that. I understand that I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's an ensemble show. You are not Diana Roth and are the supremes like, get out of her sister. I'm over it. So last one. I want to say because I thought this was funny, is it, Katie?
Speaker 2: Yes, because it's funny. Now your Carlos's Mike just fell down because he's freaking out.
Speaker 3: No, it's funny, Carlos, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Knock me off my feet. Okay, So so Katie said, and I thought that's my first of all, Katie made this her stories, not even posted her feet. And my girl said, that's a mixed bag. But I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for the memories and the love for the last love years. Like it's ax yeah, like whatever, girl like. So, I haven't seen anything from the Toms yet to my team, let me know if you. If you see anything, send it to media tax. But yesterday we did find out and Gibson, is this true that Tom Schwortz and Tom send the Ball restaurant. It's good.
Speaker 3: They're shutting it down.
Speaker 2: In December they announced, I think one day before you, one day before this news came out, they announced they're shotting down the restaurant, Shorts and Sandy's.
Speaker 3: So but the TMZ article said that.
Speaker 2: The Phantom Homp Rules cast was informed that the show is being recast last night, which would have been after they announced the restaurant news. So I think I saw some people speculating that like it was all timed together. But if the cast just found out last night, they would have made this decision about the restaurant probably weeks ago, you know, so maybe they saw the writing on the wall.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if those two things are related.
Speaker 2: I think it's just like a double hit of bad news for the Toms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now listen, it's it's it's you never want to see a business suffer through, you know, a situation to where it is no longer is able to like, you know, monetize anything.
Speaker 3: Of course, not in the employee. I feel bad for the employees of that restaurant.
Speaker 1: Okay, So last one, Sandival said with a heavy heart, Oh no, that's about the restaurant. That's what is that way. He hasn't said any I'm going through all his stories. As at the time of this recording, Tom Sandaval has not released a statement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like nobody. I haven't seen anything else from anybody else. I want she in a statement.
Speaker 1: Baby Sina wanted this more than Leasta Vanda Pump did.
Speaker 2: And and you know what she knows, actually one of those rare people who she did start the show. It was all based on her sleeping with Brandy's X or whatever, and she she never became bigger than the show, you know what I mean. Like she I think that, you know, people make jokes like has anybody checked on gena and and all that kind of stuff, but like, ultimately, Sheena was kind of down to do whatever it tip took for the sake of the show to continue it, and she was also I think that's kudos to her. You know, I think that she's she's easily the butt of the joke a lot of the time, but ultimately, like she was pretty damn good at her job.
Speaker 1: I'm keam Sheena as well. I think she's great. Give the girl her props, I mean totally. I mean, allegedly she had no idea that Eddie was married, So I say, give one of prosperous cheating.
Speaker 3: Not to take it back.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: But look, but look what we got out of it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And now listen, Uh, well, life give you limits, Hey, Beyonce, make lemonade. As we come to a close, Gibson, John and Vanda Pump Rules no longer is going to have the same cast. This cast was as brilliant as the casting in Jersey Shore. You know what I mean when you when you look at when you look back on reality television, band, the Pump Rules original cast will always go down as top five the best cast in history of reality television. And I would like to thank the cast for giving us some great moments. I would like to thank the producers, the entire crew, Lisa, Vanda Pump, Andy Cohen and all Bravo for really providing us with a show that really and you don't know this, Gibson. So in my business there was always always always talks of what's our.
Speaker 2: Version of Vanda Pump Rules totally?
Speaker 1: Like that was the message that went around the production companies like myself, like find me the other version of that. So you have to give the network and the cast and at least amound of the Pump and the crew all the props to that. Are you looking forward to a new crop of people? It's scary times on our business, So to invest in a new cast hoping that the audience receives them. Is it is it too risky or do you think is going to pay off in the end.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hope.
Speaker 2: So I always come from the perspective of like wanting a show to succeed because I love watching reality TV and I'd like to watch a good show, you know. So I hope that they figure it out. I hope that, like, you know, hopefully the people who work at these restaurants are just easily castable, and they kind of had that in the back of the mind when they hired them, and it was like it can kind of like hit the ground running. I mean, that's I hope that's the case. And they'll never recreate the magic of early bandit rules ever, because that was a different time in our culture.
Speaker 3: Social media was so different.
Speaker 2: Reality TV meant something totally different when it related as it related to like general fame, and it's I think now it's just seen as a much more like viable path to superstardom, and it wasn't. It wasn't taken as seriously before in that regard, you know, And that's why we see people like Garcel and people going to reality TV to get to sort of you know, sustain their their fame, and so I hope that they can find that a group of green people who just like are just kind of down to do it. And I really like and it's again this is it is not van on pub rules level, So I'm not saying that, but I really enjoy Southern Hospitality, which is the show that's the Southern Charms been off at Lev's Club Republic in Charleston, and they hire everybody who worked there. They all have built in mess and connections and they're pretty good at reality TV. Again, there's some there's some stuff to work out there, but ultimately it's a pretty good show. And so there's proof of concept that like it can still work in this era of reality TV to find a group of young twenty two, twenty three, twenty four year olds who like just kind of they don't really think before they act basically, and like they can be messy, and that's what I want to see. And I think that like that's in Charleston, South Carolina, where people don't go there to be famous. People go to LA to be famous, and so I would I'm cautiously optimistic that they can that they there are people who fit that mold and just are so driven to like do that, to make a name for themselves in whatever capacity possible, and it results in mess, and like that's ultimately what Vandon Pump Rules is.
Speaker 3: It's mess.
Speaker 2: It's not aspirational to attainable.
Speaker 1: And that's so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm it's sort of like, you know, we'll always have Vandam Pupper Rules the first ten seasons. The eleventh season is forgettable. The first ten seasons of the show will always have that never recreate that magic.
Speaker 3: But I hope it's good.
Speaker 2: I hope season twelve of the Rules is good because and I think they can make it good. That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Long answer, but that's my no.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's a lot of listen. Not in your defense, there's a lot of process, a lot to digest. I would I would feel better if Ronnie reboot was great. It's just it's very tricky. My hope, my hope is this, I'll end with this. My hope is that these people have organic friendships, organic relationships that they actually know each other, they hang out with each other, and it's not a bunch of strangers that are trying to become friends, and I think that's a mistake with Ronnie and I will end with this again, do not touch Jersey Housewives. Leave it alone, Melissa Gorga. I love you so much. I can't wait to see you back on the show. I want the listen Teresa back breaking news. Do not touch. Wow.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd hear those words at your mouse, Carlos King talk about talk about us coming from different perspectives, how the times have changed.
Speaker 1: Listen. I am scared. I am nervous about the fate of Jersey and after these two breaking news with like the horrible reboot of New York City to the reboot of Bad Rules. At this point, give me Teresa March Melissa Gorgon and I'll listen. I'll deal with this ship later.
Speaker 2: I just Carlos, you're you're giving that meme of Tyra where she walks in, She's like, who else was scared?
Speaker 1: Gives it? I love you two pieces, my friend, I really do.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Let the rain Johnson know again when they can subscribe and like and lead great reviews of your amazing podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, so my podcast is gaping with Gibb similar discussions to what we have here, Carlos has been on and yeah most things Reality TV, Bravo. Wherever your podcast Tuesdays and Fridays, new episodes go.
Speaker 1: Follow it, love it, love it, love all right. Gibson, thank you so much, and.
Speaker 3: Rain Dry, thank you.
Speaker 1: I will see you on the next one. Good night. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yeah, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, king Domrain Entertainment, Baby,