Speaker 1: Hey, I'm gonna teach you about one of my favorite guitar cordes, known as the James Bond chord, very famous for being in most, if not all, of the Games Bond films, and it usually happens after he says one of his.
Speaker 2: Infamous lines like.
Speaker 1: Oh, mister Goldfinger, Yeah, come in, we've got space field wabber, come on, sit down here.
Speaker 2: Fucking joking dickhead, I'm not really a barber. I'm fucking James Bond. Shot back and blow your fucking head off.
Speaker 3: Good morning, swel and welcome to the Now Dunks podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Thursday, February second, twenty twenty three. Happy Groundhog Day to all the Phil's and the Willies out.
Speaker 4: There of J. E.
Speaker 3: Skeed's here in the Classic Factory and alongside me as always as tas Melis.
Speaker 5: Kids are still learning about that to this day, stills kicking it next.
Speaker 3: To Tassie as the beer Woman, touched a hot boy, Trey Kirby, Hey oh, hey yoh, and last but not least, making the magic happen over yonder. If he sees his shadow, it means six more weeks of classics.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 5: Hello, there is He.
Speaker 6: Didn't see my shadows, so I guess indefinite classics.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, very nice.
Speaker 3: Wow wow wow wow. Shout out to the stream team joining us live right now on YouTube. Take a second hit that thumbs up. Subscribe to No Dunks as well, share the show. Get your tickets to our No Dunks Live show in Salt Lake City Friday, February seventeenth. That is right around the corner. That's basically two weeks from tomorrow. But yeah, tickets in the link in the show notes, So go grab a ticket if you are in the Salt Lake City area, if you're making your way to All Star weekend, come hang with us at the Urban Lounge on Friday night. Yep, getting hyped for that one. On today's pod, we're gonna slap it up and run through five teams who could put together some fairly enticing trade packages for Raptors wing Ojiannaobi. That's coming up in a little bit, and JD has an amazing tweet of the night, so stick around for that as well. But but but let's start with the games. We're gonna play what you got, But I want to just start with Damian Lillard going off as the Blazers beat the Grizzlies one two, one twelve. Uh, just sort of money there, hitting some clotch threes, great steal, late kick ahead to U Banks for the huge jail entertaining game here with the Blazers really needed this one. Grizzlies reeling a little bit. What'd you think of a dame specially his performance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at the end of the fourth quarter, there one team executing the other one not Drew U. Banks able to get a fast break dunk like that.
Speaker 3: That was huge. Man, was the perfect Jordan dunk.
Speaker 4: And I guess you know I said it was on Jaron Jackson Junior. He just hustled into the play to pick up a foul for basically no reason. But still, that was cool to see that. The name is Drew Eubanks.
Speaker 5: We say that name more than any other show in the history of podcasting. I guarantee that that was It was a big dunk, big win for the Blazers. As you said, they hadn't won on the road since December seventeenth, that's a long time. That's six weeks.
Speaker 4: Six weeks.
Speaker 3: Did they see a shadow? It meant they were gonna win on the road for six weeks.
Speaker 5: They had a lot of home games in there, so it's a tiny bit of uh, you know, e skewed stat but they had some road games. They needed this one, and again Dame executed down the stretch. My worry is for these this Grizzlies team. I know a lot of people are worrying about or thinking about, are they a real contender here in the second seed in the Western Conference? And you see their end of game execution, and that's the worrisome part. It's a lot like last year. They don't have a great half court offense when it comes down to it, and that gets even more magnified in playoff basketball. They're twenty third in half court offense. That's freaking low. The teams that are below them are all non playoff teams. And so when it gets even tougher in the postseason, when teams are ready to buckle down, that's a problem obviously. And then you got to win all those other categories like fast break, points, points off, turnovers, more free throws, and they lost a couple of those in this game, but they were up five to ten points throughout the entire game, and then it just came down to execution at the end. And they're just a little too predictable. I think it's jaw, pick and roll. Just get in the lane and figure it out. They need somebody else to score more, and I think it's not gonna be Jered Jackson Junior. As much as you know we want to throw them on the All Star team, he's not a go get a bucket type guy. And I know we'll talk about them as the trade deadline approaches. To get somebody else, I think it's got to be Desmond Bane a little bit more. But I think also just they've got to get a little bit more creative and moving the ball a little bit more. Danny Green debuted out there, hit a shot, and I know they think that he can help a little bit, but I think it's more they're just too freaking predictable and that's the problem here, and if they're going to be a contender, they got to be better than that. That Literally, it's bad teams below them in half courts, Hettings and them. So that's all I want to point out. But yeah, the Blazer's obviously executing like crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Damian Lillard forty two points tennisist, eight boards, and he is on an unbelievable heater right now. And Dame does this every season, Like for the most part, there's a chunk of like call it three to six weeks where it's just like, holy crap, Damian Lillard another forty point game, a fifty point game, whatever, and he's in that stretch right now. But he was special those Some of those threes he made in this one were just like, there's a there's like a handful of guys that can hit those, and he's one of them.
Speaker 4: What you got skates, which is the better Dame time moment in this game, Lillard himself had a seven point possession in the third quarter, hit a three pointer, was called a flagrant foul, made the flagrant free throw, they get the possession back, made a three pointer on the same possession. You don't see that very often. Then he had back to back threes with about three minutes left in the fourth quarter, both of them gave the Blazers the lead at the time. And he also made a shot from like eighty feet out that didn't count barely just barely didn't count. So I don't know. All three of those moments to me are like very much tap on your wrist kind of moments from Dame Lillard last night. Also fifteen for sixteen free throws. That's big time. Went seventeen for seventeen against the Hawks in his last game out. In his last eleven games, he's taken ten or more free throws nine times. A lot of teams complain about the refs. You don't hear it much from the Blazers, though.
Speaker 5: That's a lot for a game.
Speaker 4: I'd say a lot of free throws for Dame Loward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's averaging basically thirty nine points per game and eight assists per game over that eleven game stretch where he's shooting fifty three from the field, forty point five percent from deep, and then ninety five percent at the free throw line.
Speaker 4: And they're sending in there all the time. Yeah, and you know, I mean, the Grizzlies are a rough and tumble team inside, so he's earning the free throws and he's just putting his head down and saying, I'm gonna get the calls if I go in there, because I'm usually the highest named player on the court and it's working out. I also thought it was weird in this game that it felt like everybody was getting hurt all the time. Nurkic left early with calf's drain, Jeremy Grant had to lead the game. He's in concussion protocols at the end. Uh, this is a completely different game that I'm looking at nowt injuries that game. I'm like nas Reed was grabbing his hip late, Jalen McDaniels was crampy.
Speaker 3: Kyle and that.
Speaker 4: I don't know how these crossed over for me here. I think it was it was the Kyle Anderson that threw me off. Maybe it used to be a Grizzly but people were getting hurt last night.
Speaker 3: They absolutely are. Despite uh, despite John Morant saying not that long ago that no one in the West was a problem for Memphis, the Grizzlies are fifteen and sixteen against the Western Conference teams and seventeen and three the East, So it's the East that's not a problem. Maybe that's what he meant. He just misspoke. We get there, no one's a problem in the East because we're amazing against them, But yeah, this is not great. And got a lot of skilled games left against your Western Conference sponents, but a lot of them. Yeah, over twenty probably.
Speaker 4: And I will say specifically problem wise is three point shooting for the Grizzlers. Just look at the fourth quarter. Here, the Blazers hit five threes, the Grizzlies hit one, and then you look around the Western Conference. Nuggets are a great three point shooting team. The Warriors are the Warriors. The Kings are hot from three at basically all times. The Clippers can have a twenty three point game any single night. We just saw Lebron have his career high in three point shooting. They're going to run into teams that make a lot of threes, and then you got to be able to beat up the offensive glass. You got to go to the free throw line and make all your free throws to kind of counteract that sort of stuff. So that's who the Grizzlies need to be targeting. Is somebody who's just chucking threes. Maybe it is Malik Beasley, maybe it is Ojan Andobi as we'll see, but they need somebody else out there who shooting and make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, midway through the fourth quarter, they're up, John Morant comes back into the game. It's a job versus Dame thing. A lot of injuries, the entire NBA was injured last night.
Speaker 4: They weren't believe nas Red went down. That was crazy.
Speaker 5: There were a lot of injuries, and uh, yeah, you're you're right about the three point shooting. That's that's a problem. This happened in that big game against the Warriors recently. They were up ten late in this in the fourth quarter and they gave it away because of end of game execution. And they need to find somebody else. It's just a little too predictable, as I said. And yeah, the three point shooting on top of that is a problem. Desmond Bane might have to fire. Twenty three is a game. It's it is a lacking and that's why the Danny Green thing is a positive for them. They may turn him into another asset, into a three point shooter. They also didn't have Steven Adams in this game, if we want to talk about injuries, which was a bit of a problem. But yeah that the Grizzlies are, yeah, reeling seven and eight. Since John Moran actually said that when he said, who are you worried about? Milik Andrews asked him, and he's the Celtics. Anybody in the East, No seven and eight Since then, so, uh, they are second in the in the West, it's a good problem to have. But yeah, the three point shooting is something that it's it's it's trade deadline season, baby, it's exciting times here.
Speaker 3: So we from today. All right, let's get to a little what you got, what you get?
Speaker 4: What's your good?
Speaker 3: That says, this is what's your good? Sort of like Sam Crenshaw Special the Canadian viewers and listeners.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, you want to. I'm not gonna I wasn't gonna give.
Speaker 3: My freeze like Jeff Jeff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's yeah. I was gonna ask who I.
Speaker 4: Was even with you on Sam Crenshaw.
Speaker 3: Ye ye, the mannequin Man to life had to do with the half all right, once you got first one here, okay, we had him beat and hardened. They both had double double lifted the Sixers past the Magic little revenge there one of five ninety four because they had just lost to Orlando. We had Sabonis and darreon Fox, both big, big games. They helped the Kings power past the Spurs one nineteen one o nine. There are a few injuries in that game.
Speaker 2: That one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he went down, he came, don't worry.
Speaker 3: And D'Angelo Russell and Anthony Edwards were great as the Wolves got a really quality win against the Warriors. That one went to overtime. They pulled it off in the end, but the Q off all of that. You know, I slipped in a Harden, I slipped in a Fox, I slipped in Edwards. There in those headlines who is most likely gonna be a twenty twenty three NBA All Star Reserve tonight when we find out on TNT Harden, Fox or Edwards? What you got, who you got, why you got it?
Speaker 5: I got you? I got James Harden. I know that Chad has been about oh darreon Fox and Anthony Edwards, but Harden plays at a far easy your position to get in in the Eastern Conference, the guards, he might just tick him. If you're a coach, well, in the West, there's just so many guards, and I know you can manipulate the reserves to what you want, but you know you might get Fox get losing some votes to Sabonis. Anthony Edwards, as much as we've been talking about him, is on a team that's lower in the standings. Harden is up there. You might get the coaches just say, oh old James. The guy. We know, he's just steady. He's got the name recognition. Coaches like that. Yeah, the expectations are a little bit lower for James Harden this year when he's clearly the number two taking that pay cut. So he's kind of meeting those while it's just it's just tough in the West. This is a tough queue. But you think, but the surprise, the surprise tonight for some could be James Harden.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, where are you going with this one? Most likely to be announced tonight? Harden, Fox or Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 4: Hardens a lock. I don't even think it's really a questions at this point. Yeah, he's showing up in all kinds of play. Hey, you know media sort of lists as a player to be tabbed. He hear it on Zach Low's podcast. That guy's pretty influential. I think Harden's a handful of games from qualifying from all these leader boards. Like if he plays in the next four games, I think he's then at seventy percent of the games, which gets you on all the leader boards, which then he'll be leading the league in assists. He's put on twenty two points a game, eleven assists, shooting forty five, forty and eighty six. That's really good. The Sixers have been the best team in the Eastern Conference for a month, and he's going to be competing against guys who have outside stats on kind of middling teams a Trey Young, a DeRozan, a Siakam. Sixers are winning and it's a large part because Harden is setting up Embiid so nicely. I think maybe it'll also be a nice bone throw, you know, for Joel Embiid having an MVP season coming off the bench in the All Star Game again, but what if you have two Sixers. So I definitely think Harden is getting in the game. And I actually think whoever doesn't make it between Fox and Edwards gonna be the biggest snub because both of these guys are deserving. Yes, certainly, they're both making a case every single night. It feels like that they go out there and play. It's just kind of the timing of their seasons is a little bit different. Like Edwards had a slow start Timberwolves took a little bit to get figured out, but he's peeking at the right time. Fox, on the other hand, brilliant start, lost his jumper in December, but now it's he's balling again. So I don't know. I had Fox when we did our picks, but it's hard to be mad at somebody picking Edwards, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you're right that of those two Western Conference cards, Fox and Edwards, one of them will not be selected tonight, and that will be probably the leading snub on tomorrow's Drop podcast. But we'll wait and find out. But great great games from all three of those in their teams getting victories. Any thoughts on maybe that Wolves Warriors game down the stretch. I don't know if you caught that one and into overtime. I thought the Warriors played sloppy. They looked like are you know? I have practice tonight with our our seven year old team, and the number one thing I swear that we're always trying to work on is like catch the ball, hold on to the ball, like what it's I mean, it's really the the simplest part here of basketball. Then we'll talk about shooting and dribbling and playing defense. But it's like the Warriors, like three or four times Wiggins just completely botched the dunk that he just like just slipped out of his hands. Curry had one too. It's like the hell was going on with them last night. But the but the Warrior, excuse me, the Wolves Russell again awesome in the fourth, then he fouls out on some pretty questionable calls. Ant stepped up though. He would attacked Wiggins there in overtime, even when they got switched like the best defender on him. He didn't care. I was like, I'll take him and put him in the back in the bucket, and then Nas reed he was getting a little too shot happy. Oh yeah, he was turning into Carlin. Then he towns there a little much. He was open, I think by designs and he was sort of breaking three after three after three did hit one that was pretty pretty important. But yeah, you know, played hard still. Then he got that rebound off the corner miss and threw it down and that was sort of the nail in the coffin good Win. But I thought the Warriors played so, I thought they played the crap.
Speaker 4: There's turnovers in the fourth corner, three more in overtime. That is the Warriors at the worst, just sloppy, ridiculous turnovers, like you know, not wanting to bring up the ball up the court, so he throws it to Wiggans, who's like, oh stuff, he's bringing the ball at the court. Ridiculous turnovers and that's how the Warriors get beat. They get a little bit too sloppy and don't make enough shots. But yeah, Nazried, it was hilarious because he was hitting big shots and then I'm with you. I was like, he's gonna shoot him out of.
Speaker 3: The game, I know, and it wasn't going to Edwards.
Speaker 4: At all, no, just standing in the corner. Edwards disappeared in the fourth quarter a little bit over two no points, but it was Dangela Russell thankfully was cooking fourteen points, four threes, mostly tough ones, but it was hilarious. Reid hit a bunch of big shots, went down with the injury. I was like, this is kind of perfect right now because he was just taking him out of it and he came back at the perfect time. The dagger dunk was big time from Nasried, So I thought he was great. D'angela Russell obviously, and then Kyle Anderson as well. I thought that was just a really nice win for the Minnesota Timberwolves in their game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were down eleven going into the fourth and then the Warriors just gave this game away. That was a big part of it. Although the Wolves were second in the defense, second in defense in January, which is surprising, that's a great mark for them. That's why they're climbing the standings, which are still ridiculously tight. There's gonna be a lot of disappointed teams at the end, just like there'll be some disappointed All Stars tonight. And just just to add one more thought about James Harden and the games played thing. Coaches tonight are not going to care about how many games played. We sit here and throw a line in the sand here, and I do think him projected to play fifty six games of eighty two. When you look at it like that, that's a low number. It's not a lot of games played at the end of the season. So for us, yeah, that's to me, that's the breaker that he just hasn't played enough. But coaches are gonna say, I don't care, I don't know, they don't look at that well.
Speaker 3: And I believe that then we're gonna see Harden on the team. We're gonna see a D on the team. We're gonna see Kawhi on the team, like, yeah, they're not different. I mean they've all played the same amount of games. Yeah, pretty close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I don't think you're right, there's I think there is a difference though, just conceptually, just the way Anthony Davis missed so many games for a long stretch. I don't know, and maybe because he's got that reputation while Harden doesn't have that reputation. Harden plays all the time. But yeah, I don't know. You gotta draw a line in the sand. I think coaches are going to say, as Trey said, but they're so high in the standings too that well it helps the Bucks don't have a lock of a second pick as well. You know that, those those top teams. Anyways, it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Wait, can't wait? All right? Moving on here we had.
Speaker 5: Shall we see? Shall we see coaches? Like a live room of coaches making their picks. We get to see the live draft. I want to see coaches talk it out. I want to see Doc Rivers. He'll never do this, obviously, but talk out. I'm voting for Chris Bosh. Oh he's not. He's not in the league anymore. Just like pick a guy. I just want to see it.
Speaker 3: Well I saw I think was it? Billups I was reading this morning, said, uh, other coaches had been, you know, calling him one of the coaches where Yeah, other coaches call each other and be like, hey, you got to take my guy. Man, I'll give you a cigar mare. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Tatum scored thirty one. Celtics whoa hot early in this game, destroyed the Nets one nine ninety six. That's what I wrote down. I believe that's correct.
Speaker 4: That sad on this one.
Speaker 3: Holy moly, I mean it was over. It was over five minutes if you were watching it. This was a nationally televised game. Whoops. And then we had de Jonta Murray. He scored twenty one and the Hawks rolled past the Suns one thirty two to one hundred. So Trey, you gotta start it.
Speaker 4: Here was the.
Speaker 3: Wilder blowout, Celtics crushing the Nets or the Hawks crushing the Suns in Phoenix.
Speaker 4: I gotta go at the Celtics. They were up forty six to sixteen after the first quarter. They lied by forty nine at one point. Like once you start seeing the scoreboard pictures screenshots going around on Twitter. You're like, uhh, this is not gonna be good. It just lets you know, don't tune in right now because you want to see some three pointers. But this is the kind of Celtic win that we haven't seen for a while. Celtics had the second most games this season with twenty or more three pointers, behind only the Warriors. It's their ninth time this season making twenty your more threes, but only the third time since November. Celtics take a ton of threes. They got up fifty four I think last night, and they can get really, really hot. It's the second most three pointers in a game this season by any team, number one team. It was the Celtics. You guessed it twenty seven against the Knicks earlier. So if you're a team from New York, they are gonna hit you with some three pointers. And when you make twenty six threes, I have to imagine that teams are like ninety nine percent winning percentage. There's gotta be one out there that like, somebody hit twenty threes and the other team hit twenty two and they took the loss there, But uh yeah, I mean a forty nine point margin that's that's wild, that's serious. That's a big time one. So give me the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, you had a great case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would go the Hawks just because the Celtics were the best offense in the history of the NBA for a while or whatever that's stat is. They obviously dropped off since you know, they were hitting those threes, as you said, the October and November, they have slowed down. But they can hit a bunch of threes. They are a great offense. You do see them blowout teams like this the Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Tatum and Jellen Brown sorry, both hitting seven threes and a lot of them early in this game. They couldn't miss.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was great to not have to tune into that game. To be totally honest, it was a spanker. Well. The other one the Hawks in their Flaming Reds, their Calgary Flames Reds on the road. To have that forty points second quarter was surprising to me. The fifteen ozer run to start the second quarter, and yeah, absolutely ran out. The ran the Suns out of the building, a team that's pretty good defensively, so a little bit more surprising there that the Hawks put it together that their bench was kicking, but a guy like Jalen Johnson stroking a three more surprising for him to be hitting threes than the Celtics to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both of those were over pretty early. Final one here Jazz beat the Raptors. Walker Kessler the rook seventeen fourteen, seven blocks. Meanwhile, we had the Rockets defeating the thunder bit of a surprise victory. Tarry Eason, their rook twenty and thirteen in nineteen minutes, filled up the box score. He had some defensive stats as well. So I don't usually do this in what you Got, but the better rookie performance. Listen to these two names, Walker Kessler or Tarry Eason. What you got?
Speaker 5: A good one here? Sorry Easton. While back I said he was a young Jonathan Isaac, Jonathan Isaac pre injury young, A young young Jonathan Isaac. Is that a compliment? I don't know. Jonathan Isaac was good before he got injured. But he feels like a guy that could scrap and fight, and he was doing that against an undersized Okac team. Okay, see plays real small. All their Williams's, they're giddies that they started, you know, six eight sixty nine, so he got five rebounds, one possession, so the five of thirteen there, he just kept tipping it to himself.
Speaker 3: He had twelve offensive rebounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thirteen boards, twelve offensive that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Actually, Yeah, so three steals, two blocks though in great Yeah in nineteen minutes. I gotta go with him because Walker he's been steady this season.
Speaker 3: Oh and he was amazing in this Raptors game, Like there were they were terrified of him, Like he had seven blocks. He deterred, I want to say another ten or like we was in the heads of the Raptors players inside a little bit more. The Raptors lost a game where they had like twenty five more shots than the Jazz and still lose.
Speaker 5: So he did it all in the first cord. He had six blocks in.
Speaker 3: He sets the tones. He set the tone. I mean I might go Walker Kessel because I saw and heard like multiple things about the Raptors could have had Walker kel Yeah yeah, like ooh man, maybe could have drafted him. But yeah, both were great performances.
Speaker 4: Where you going for the Rooks, I'd be twelve offense rebounds, Like Tass said, he had a beef slider. If you're getting a quarter of a beef on one possession, that's ridiculous. But does that count as a revenge game for Walker Kessler? He could have been a wrapped but it took like several things would have had to have been different, right, because it was the Rafts traded a first rounder for Thadeus Young at the deadline, but then the Spurs used the pick they traded to take Malachi Branham. But then I guess, like Kessler when a couple of picks later, it wasn't even the pick they had, But you know, I guess theoretically he could have. I don't know sure that's that's like a sideways revenge. I don't know exactly what it is, but it comes down to seven blocks or twelve offensive rebounds, both pretty weird to see on a stat sheet.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, the raption stink. So they have to shoot in the lane a lot because they can't shoot. So that's why Walker Kessler was just coming helping over. They were the help variety too. It wasn't just like one on one, It's just like coming over and helping. They're ap stink, So I wasn't that surprise I guess is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Raptors were on fire from three point distance last night, ten to twenty three. That's lights out for them. But the Jazz a lot Jazz took way more attempts forty seven hit seventeen, and again it is weird to see a game where the team had twenty seven more field goal attempts. Raptors had one hundred and ten field goal attempts and they lost because the Jazz, you know, shot out a much better efficiency and put up one hundred and thirty one on their head too. Let's not gloss over that they were getting whatever they wanted. Raptors are down bad right now, guys, and we're going to talk about them and a bunch of Oganobe trades that I'm gonna throw at you guys, and will debate which team maybe has the best package, most enticing package that the Raptors would consider. We'll be right back. Don't go anywhere all right here in the Classic Factory. Hit the like button. If you're joining us live on YouTube, make sure you subscribe. The NBA trade deadline a week away, and as of right now, it does feel like Ognnobi is one of the biggest names on this trade block. It makes sense because of his player role, his player type. It's pretty coveted in this league, that sort of three and D guy, elite defensively. That when you think about it, and I heard Michael Grange say this on the Raptor Show, try and think of a team where like, if you made a move for Ognnoby, he wouldn't fit in your starting lineup. It's really tough to go through like and find teams where you're like, nah, he wouldn't be starting. There's usually a slot for a guy like him. So this is why he's probably coming up in numerous trade rumors along with the Raptors falling.
Speaker 5: Apart here plug and play.
Speaker 3: That's right. In forty five games this season, just to let you know about Og, he's averaging seventeen points per game, five and a half rebounds, two assists, two point one steals, just under a block per game, so he's he's at or near the league leaders and steals in deflections and loose balls recovered. That's his thing, that's his mo. He's shooting right around forty six percent from the floor and thirty seven percent from three. Those are both right in line with his career averages, so nothing crazy. But what makes them really enticing is his salary. His contract. He has two years thirty six million dollars remaining, plus a player option in twenty four to twenty five for nineteen point ninety three million, so just under twenty which makes them like a lot easier than your superstar level players to put in trades because it's just a more movable contract. But for the Raptors to give them up, by all accounts, they're going to want some young rotation players and maybe a lot of draft picks. Remember in December, our guy, professor Zach Lowe, he said the price for og could be on par is what the Cavs gave up for Donovan Mitchell, and we laughed at that, what as too much? But NBA insider Mark Stein he did add it would take lots to pry oj Anobi away from the Raptors. Could be some posturing here from the Raps. Maybe they don't even move them, for crying out loud, but we have an idea of what they want. They obviously want young players. They probably want probably minimum two picks first round picks, you know, be it sort of twenty three first round picks or future first round picks, or maybe even three. Anyway, I've got five teams, boys, five teams that should take a long hard look at trying to acquire ogn Anobi over the next week. Here a lot of these trades. The inspiration they come from Sporting News, from the Athletics, their Creed who does a great job covering the Raptors, and from our guy sports Nets Blake Murphy, who told me he has a big og Anaobi trade piece coming out soon.
Speaker 5: He's got a big spreak Internet. He broke down every team, every pick, they have, their salary. Get into its true sick o shit right there.
Speaker 3: For Blake Murphy, it's great, It's great. Okay, So I thought again, five teams. I have a usually like two to four trade versions for a potential move to get for each team, So.
Speaker 5: I better have a spreadsheet for that.
Speaker 3: Dude, I did some work on this, all right, So, and shout out to our guy Jerome helping with the graphics. Here, let's start with the Knicks. We'll start in the Eastern Conference. We'll move to the West, but we'll start with the Knicks. They're rumored to be interested. I mean, he sure feels like a Tips type of player. I'll tell you that obviously with the defense he gives you. So two hypothetical Knicks Raptors trades. First one, obviously the Knicks get og, the Raptors would receive it's not pretty Derek Rose Cam Reddish. And then three first round picks. Now they have like their own pick in twenty three they got the Mavericks, so it could be the better one of those future first round picks. This is pick heavy. This is not great players coming back unless you really believe in cam Reddish, like our buddy Grish. But the second version of this would be the Knicks getting og and let's say kem Birch to make the money work. Four maybe enticing younger player and Obi toppin Evan fourniad because of the contract, and let's bump it down a first round pick. We'll go with two thoughts on the Knicks. I mean, you like, you can like rip apart my hypothetical trades. You can just talk about the team in theory trying to acquire og. If you like the fit, hate the fit, what do you think Knicks raps something along these lines. TK Getta started.
Speaker 4: He's from the six, give me the picks from the Knicks.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 4: So honestly, if you're getting three first round picks, even depending on what the protections are, you could probably draft yourself an Obi top and like player because that's the best guy coming back. I don't think the Raptors are going to want to take on the additional salary that fourtyer brings along with him. Rose and Reddish are non entities. You know, that's a that's a money matching kind of move. But I think I would prefer getting the picks because Toppin, while a good player who would probably be okay on the Raptors as a big guy, I don't think he's such a good prospect that you would choose him over the potential of any of the other prospects out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're talking about three picks for og Annobi. I mean, it feels like we're a little high right now. It feels like we're a little drugged up. But I will say he is obviously every GM's wet tree. When you're looking at the players that they talk about every single draft season, it's this, It's long. An incredible defender can fit with every sort of team, So in a seller's market. This is definitely ripe for Massiu Jiri to get something big. That's totally true because there's so many teams in the play in tournament picture and the playoff picture. They're going for it. So if you have one of these guys, it makes sense for Massia. I will say three picks amazing, this is that's the better package from the Knicks, for sure. But I'm unlikely to deal with the Knicks because I don't think those picks are what you're looking for if you're in the six. I think there are better picks out there. Because this is the New York Knicks we're talking about. Doesn't matter. There's a lot of their py're.
Speaker 3: Having a good year this year, but at two decades are usually gurbage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a lot of their picks are from other teams, so we don't know what we're talking about specifically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't want to get bogged down with these boards, like, Okay, it's the Mavericks pick, but then it's a twenty five, and then it's twenty seven, and then you know, I because like I think you can get a little lost in the weed with that stuff.
Speaker 5: But you gotta be picky here. If you're a Missilea's year, you gotta be picky with the picks, and I think you can be. I think when we look at other teams, even though historically they are the Knicks, they got a rock in Jalen Brunson, they're not gonna be bad right now. No, they're not gonna be bad. There are other teams which potentially I think could be worse, that are at the sort of the end of their windows. So I love the three picks. I think that's what you're looking for. But I think you can get a little bit better here in the seller's market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think with the Knicks, Raptors and a potential og the ones I just gave you there, I actually don't like it from either side all that much. I think the Raptors are gonna hope to get a better player in addition to picks that they could use in the rotation in any of these deals. So there's that. And also I am wary of the Knicks, like having all these picks doing a good job of, you know, keeping their their cupboards full. Are they really gonna trade three of them for Ogi? Like he's a good player, But like the Knicks. The whole time, we're always like, oh, they're holding on to this. They're gonna go for the superstar, and you're gonna need a lot of picks to get that, as we've seen with Rudy's and Donovan and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But they have a lot of them. If if it ends up being two first round picks this season, even they still have so many more just from this season, because they've got the Hornets, they've got the MAVs, they've got the Nuggets, they've got the Pistons in a scenario, they've got a lot of picks.
Speaker 3: But I think Messi and Bobby and the Raptors like when we do these picks, like you're going to want them over years, because like even the Knixt pick, it's not gonna be like good this year, you know, but the Knicks three years from now, after James Dolan's like suddenly decides, well, I want to start calling the shots again and doing everything like they could be bad. And then it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Here's right. I know, it does feel like we're high here with three picks coming for og Annobe, but yeah, you're looking for a Paul Pierce type of swindle here, like Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett swindling the Nets Celtics. So yeah, you're looking long term, but I think maybe I'm just you know, I'm a little too high on the Knicks. But other teams I think will give you them.
Speaker 3: Okay, another Eastern Conference team. Then let's get Og home to Indiana. All right, how about the Pacers. Okay, so the Pacers receive Ognaoby, I got two trades for you here. The first one, Raps get TJ. McConnell, Daniel Tice, and then three first round picks. Okay, so we'll stick with the three. In the second version of this Pacers Raptors trade, we get rid of a lot of picks and we actually just get more maybe help for the Raps in terms of shooting. Og and Thadius Young going to the Pacers in exchange for Buddy Heeled, TJ. McConnell and a twenty three first round pick. So just one pick.
Speaker 5: So when you're when you were talking about you wanted better players and picks, was this what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're gonna get to some other ones too, but yeah, like you're not going to get it all right, you're not getting three first round picks, and then maybe guys that are you're actually playing, and the Raptors have no bench so they need players. There's gonna be a balance. I also don't think o g if he's traded in the next week, I don't think he's going to get three first round picks. I think it'll be settled on two and then there will be a second round pick. It could be like an early second I think that's where it will go. It happens.
Speaker 5: But for the sake of argument, yeah, it's fun here seven days out dream big ye, sure, yeah, it'll be different.
Speaker 3: What do you think of the pacers? Though? It's better a move.
Speaker 5: You get a point guard and a center. The Raptors need both plus three round three first round Yeah, yes, yeah, I know it's Daniel Tys, but it fills holes. They don't want to tank. The Raps don't want to tank. There's no doubt.
Speaker 3: They're doing a pretty good job of tanking though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, right now, yeah, I think, yeah, this could be just a perfect scenario here where they are getting bad here on this West coast trip. They keep losing. It's a good time to lose. It's a seller's market. You want to be one of those teams selling both of these. I think I think they're a little bit they're better than the Knicks packages.
Speaker 3: From the Raptors side of things, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't care about any other team. I care about the What.
Speaker 3: About what about Indiana's like side of this? Like, you know, they're not a free agent hotbed, right, you know, I don't think a lot of people are going to sign in Indiana, So getting a player of Og under contract for a couple of years to fit with their younger players in Halliburton and Mathrin even, Like, does this make sense to you a little bit?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 4: I can see Og on the Pacers certainly, because you know they've got in Halliburton and Mathurin, they've got a good offensive back court. They need somebody who's gonna be able to stick perimeter guys defensively, so Og definitely helps there. I also like the idea of Fatteus Young going back to Indianapolis as well. That'd be exciting. I assume he was there actually longer than Og was. I know Og only played one season of high school or college basketball for the Hoosiers there, So yeah, I mean, they would much rather give up one first round pick, I think, than three first round picks. But the thing with the Pacers is you talk about a team that never wants to tank, that's them. They've had like one season in the lottery recently. The pick right now would be number eight, but maybe that goes back up, or maybe that climbs back to be a higher pick. If og joins the team and Halliburton comes back, they'd be looking a lot better and maybe still stay competitive in the Eastern Conference. I could definitely see them doing it, though. TJ. McConnell kind of feels like a main stay there right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: He's a culture guy for sure.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: And then there's the whole Buddy Heeld situation and what they would get back. All right, we'll keep it moving here, keep some pace. Let's go to the West. I pissed people off a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to get Desmond Bane from the Grizzlies. Just chucked it out there. See what happened, Memphis Grizzly fans, I got very upset with me. That's fine, But I got some other Grizzlies trades. I don't really really love them, and I don't think they're all that realistic, but I like the idea of Og on the Grizzlies. Again, he fits there, So the Grizzlies get Og first one here, Danny Green in that contract Tias Jones because the Raptors desperately needs a point guard play though as Blake Burpy DMed me too small for Nick Nurse. Nick Nurse does not like his tiny guys. And Zion Williams there sort of as a flyer, and then two first round picks. The second Grizzly Raptors trade would be Og and Thaddius Young going to the Grizzlies for Danny Green, Dylan Brooks, good old Canadian boy, Zion Williams, and then two first round picks. So pretty similar deals here, Dylan Brooks or Tias Jones sort of being swapped in there Thattius to make the one deal work money wise. Well what do you think? You're shaking your head? You don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm excited. I'm excited getting into these teams that have some interesting picks. The Grizzlies have the Warriors pick. Couple of years from now, it'll probably be post Draymond Green, it's got light protections, turns into an unprotected pick. Eventually, you've got a couple guys the Zaire Williams Tias Jones package. I'm fine with Tyas Jones small. Sure they've got Fred van Vliet like Murphy, he's small, he can he can take Tias Jones.
Speaker 4: Tyo, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: And shout out to her man Jerome for spelling Zaire. Right, that's a tough tough one to spell. You got a Z I A I R E.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'd like to take some credit for that too.
Speaker 5: But okay, sure, congratulations from spelling.
Speaker 3: And I was like, hold on, I think there's another eye in there somewhere.
Speaker 5: I ridiculed Jerome yesterday, so I got give him some more today. But that's an interesting one. That's an interesting one. I like. I like MESSI gambling on the quality of the pick. Because if you've got all these teams actually at your door, actually giving you a call, you've gotta make a If you're fun like it's supposed to be fun for us, it's fun here sitting back. Yeah, we can make these trades. I think you want to you want to take a wager on a team that's gonna be bad a few years from now, and I think I'd rather pick getting the Warriors, you know, getting the Warriors past their window, than you know, one of these these Pacers picks. I'm a little bit worrisome that they're going to be bad. Ever, so I think it's I'm I'm gearing out for these teams that we're getting into. I like this one. If it's the Warriors pick involved with Tyas Jones, and I do like Zire Willims, who would fit in with the Reps.
Speaker 3: And do you think the Grizzlies would you know, consider either of these trades.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 3: Maybe even Dylan Brooks, he is sort of like their culture dude.
Speaker 4: Definitely true o G though definitely an upgrade over Dylan Brooks. He does like basically the exact same stuff, but doesn't take all kinds of crazy shots, has a little bit more size, and he's got a slightly longer contract, which I think could be a factor for the Grizzlies. They tend to ship guys out when they're getting ready to get paid. It happened with Melton, happened with Kyle Anderson? Could it happen with Ellen Brooks. He seems more locked in there to me. But they signed Tias Jones to a deal last year, so he's on the books for next season already. If they do this trade, they got Og for next season, right, and then I guess he's got a player option after that, so they would have to make a decision.
Speaker 5: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would do it if I'm the Grizzlies, But I don't know if the Grizzlies would do it.
Speaker 2: Ku.
Speaker 3: They do love their first round picks too.
Speaker 4: They like pick. That's why I don't think they'll trade that Warrior's pick, because that does have a shot at being a really good one.
Speaker 5: When is that twenty four?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's when it's top.
Speaker 5: Four protected and then top one protected and then unprotected the following year. Could be juicy. You're right, it's it sound like they made a great deal to get that thing.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's go to the Pelicans. They've been rumored in Og on Noobi trades. I mean, they're on a hell of a slide right now, so maybe that changes things. But let's get Og to the Pels in exchange four Herb Jones, Jackson Hayes, Devonte Graham and two first round picks. They got a lot of picks, two those pellies. That's version one, Version two. OG to the Pelicans, of course, in exchange for Dyson Daniels, DeVante Graham and two first round picks. What do you think, Trey?
Speaker 4: Honestly, the Pelican slide makes me hesitant to make an all in move right now. We've talked about him as one of the deepest teams in the league. They're certainly fun to watch their bench units when they're cooking. Usually when they're playing at Smoothie King, the crowd is lit, it's exciting times, but they're really struggling without their two best guys. And yeah, I mean, if Zion's healthy, if Brandon Ingram is healthy, it'd be nice to have OG alongside them. But I'm I just don't think that this is the team right now that needs to make a move for OG, despite the fact that he would look great. I find the Raptors that's a tough call here. I think I would rather have Dyson Daniels and the picks over Herb Jones and Jackson Hayes. Then the picks Herb seems like too much of a Raptor like not a great shooter from three, great defender, the perfect size, but they're trading that guy away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're trying to get like a worse OG back. I know Pelicans fans would rather keep Dyson Daniels over Herb Jones. I remember that was going around on Twitter there when I was throwing out hypotheticals along these lines like you know, who would you want more? I'm a Herb Jones fan. So if you're moving OG and you're getting picks for it, and he's like a sort of a poor man's OG right now, being younger, like a little early in his career than I'm not angry with it. I think there's something here.
Speaker 5: Things change fast with the fan bases of teams because Herb Jones was untouchable once upon a time and then he's tradable. And I still think there's a big faction that wouldn't trade him here. But I totally agree he is an OG light. It doesn't make a ton of sense, I think for the Raps, if you're focusing on that, I think you want something different than what you got. Why are you loading up on a Scottie Pascal out and Herb's good?
Speaker 3: I mean, we are including in that hypothetical Herb Jones, So that's your OG replacement Jackson Hayes. They need a center. I mean, I don't think he's amazing, but obviously an athletic big DeVante Graham okay as a shooter, but you know, a high volume shooter that's more for the money. And then the picks, I mean they do have a Lakers pick too, is the other thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the weird thing they've got. They've got the right to swap with the Lakers this year and next year, I do believe. And so how does that work. Can you swap a pick swap? I guess you can in that you know, you trading. They have the Lakers pick and the right to swap. I guess those are two different things that maybe they have the right to swap next year well having the Lakers pick. Yeah, they have a bulb.
Speaker 3: And these could be in the future too. We could be getting into twenty fives and twenty sevens and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: And they've got a trader in David Griffin sitting back there. I agree, though it's difficult to go all in.
Speaker 3: So you think because of the timing of this nine game lo using streak and the injuries of Zion and branding Are and all that, like it actually makes them less likely to be making maybe you could argue a semi aggressive move at the deadline. Then if they hadn't had that and they were near the top of the West and they're going like, holy crap, we got a path here. You're nodding, you think that's probably true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the Pelicans still don't really know what the best version of their team looks like. They even when they were in the first that in the Western Conference, it was like you had a chunk where Brandon Ingram was healthy, at a chunk where Zion was healthy. We haven't been able to see these two guys together and what they can actually do at the peak of their powers to know the proper player to put alongside. And maybe they want to use this pick to get more of a stretch big to replace Valancenis, which I think is going to be a smart move down the line at some point. But it's easier to talk yourself into giving up a little bit of your future when it feels like, yeah, we're right there, we're a third place right now, we're one of the best teams in the league. We had a ton of young talent. It feels different than when you're losing nine of twelve or whatever it has been.
Speaker 3: All right, final team, the Phoenix Suns. I have four variations of Sons Raptors trades for Og. All right, buckle up, Sons get OG in the first one here for Jay Crowder, Cameron Johnson, two first round picks. Second version is more picks, Cam Johnson off the table, So it's OG to the Sons for Jay Crowder, Darius Sarich and three first round picks. And again I'm saying three first round picks. Probably it's probably like a twenty three, twenty five, twenty seven type of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with them, it's it's definitely that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Another version is take out Jay Crowder and go Landry Shammitt. You know, Raptors may be more interested in a Shamit type of player as a shooter, So Shammitt Sorich and three first round picks for OG. And then the final one is completely different. I'm fascinated to hear your thoughts on this. It is getting DeAndre Ayton for OG and Thadeus Young and then maybe just one first round pick. Thoughts on any of these with the Sons either moving sort of jay crowder like the way I look Cam Johnson is a really good player. There's your young promising player. Feels like a Raptor player too that you would remove one of the first round picks. If he stays with the Sun because they love him, then it's three first round picks, and then the whole other sort of wild card is like why not eating They don't seem to love him all that much. You know he has his limitations, but he is a decent center. He's obviously still young under a contract all that. What do you think of a bunch of Suns trades? I just chucked at you for ogi.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't do the DeAndre Ayton one. I would be worrysome that we I'll go we that the Raptors would get enough out of him. They don't really have a great pick and roll partner for him. I don't think he would be amazing. I'd rather have the picks. I think the three first round picks plus Shammant, who's definitely a player that you can use forever and Sarch would make a little bit more sense. I would call me crazy rather bet on the Suns being bad in the long term than the Knicks just because of a potential implosion, because Chris Paul is going to retire one day, because the way they've looked this season, because the Deandreton scenario. I'd rather bet on that than betting on the Knicks being bad and combined with their picks. So this is all Suns picks. I'm a little bit more excited than the next situation. I like it compared to the Grizzly situation. I think I think that would be my number one pack at Shamit sarch and three first round picks TK.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a tough call here, but it feels like this is good deals Like it feels like a deal could be made here because there was people reporting that the Raptors, like entire brain trust was out in Phoenix this week basically scouting and chatting seeing who it could be a man. I kind of think that Cam Johnson in two first round picks is the way to go because it splits the difference between a sham At lead package, which I mean, sham It's fine, He's just a fine guy. Cam Johnson, though, is a real player. I do think maybe he would have trouble finding a spot with the Raptors, since as much as he's touted as a little bit of a stretch five, he's a four. He's definitely a four, and the Raptors, as we're seeing, they got a ton of it here. I have hope for Aton away from Phoenix. I think I think he'll be a pretty solid player when he's, you know, at the worst, the number two option, and he's much more involved as we've seen. He's got some big games for sure, but kind of with task that I'd rather have more picks than Ayton because I don't know. You can find centers these days, you know, and I mean the Raptors haven't, but I can find centers. So it makes you think, at least we'll try something a little bit cheaper for our center position. So I guess I'm going cam in a couple of first rounders in this.
Speaker 5: One, all right. And Ayden is playing fine, puts up numbers, but you can find a little cheaper, You can find a lot cheaper. He's a Max guy. Yeah, and so you got Max Siakam beside him. Well we were what are we running here? Doesn't feel like a recipe for an incredible team. I'm it doesn't and he also doesn't seem really like a MASSI player. But draft picks, dude.
Speaker 3: I liked some of these from the sun side of things though. I mean, you imagine mckail, bridges and Og out there, like locking up your perimeter players. That would be a lot of fun. And they're obviously a team that they're sort of like they racked it, you know, they put together some wins there. They obviously got hammered last night. Bookers should be back soon. We've seen them win sixty plus games, We've seen them go to the finals, so they know. They're like they've flirted with being an elite team in this league for a couple of seasons. Like adding Og again under contract, I think it makes some sense, especially some of those deals. It's really like, yeah, they're just like, yeah, we're okay, we're fine, We're giving up a bunch of picks, be it two or three, and then players like Crowder doesn't play for us, and then whoever, if it's Shamanton Sarich, they would do that in a heartbeat. I would think, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Ayton is the one that gives you any sort of pause here, because basically it's like Cam Johnson is the only other guy who's a real rotation member. I mean, Sorry has been fine playing off the bench. For sure, He's had some big games as well, But I mean Cam is the guy who's kind of locked in there as a little bit of a core member. But it would be an upgrade to get Ojannaoby.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a lot of trades. I just chucked at you, guys, which team do you think makes the most sense? From the Knicks, the Pacers, the Grizzlies, the Pelicans, the Sons, there are other teams. I'm sure you could get frisky with. Let us know in the comments right now here in the stream. Team tweeted us at no dunk sink and thanks again to uh to Blake, to Eric, to Sporting News, Michael, to Michael.
Speaker 5: Gay as they say in Canada, to William lou.
Speaker 4: Blake Murph, I said, yeah, Murph dog sure and Matt Doudlin, why not?
Speaker 5: Sure? Jack? Jack, congrats, Jacky, Savannah, Akil, Randy, Randy, all right, Jerry who Jared y?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what we do, family view, just a fan pick of results last night. Man Trey Kirby is on fire. You could be rich right now. Back in this guy's picks, you had the Wolves who had some points to play with at home plus two and a half, they were the dogs. They obviously win in overtime. Another l for me in another overtime loss. I mean, this sucks, this shouldn't be. It's brutal. But yeah, we have the Warriors, so we're all in one here in February. Tray one to know what's Tonight's game?
Speaker 5: Heavy? Thursday night's sked unusual in the National Basketball Association. I think there's seven on tonight and I saw a nice one the Pelicans at the MAVs, who are favored by four and a half at home against these struggling Pelicans. Pelicans have lost nine in a row, but I think they can cover that four points the way they looked in their last game. While you guys think that the MAVs will win by five or more.
Speaker 3: Well, Trey thinks that, and I have just decided whenever I can, I'm just gonna back Tray right now, gotcha, because he's at So what's your reason?
Speaker 4: The Pelicans are just bad?
Speaker 5: Good reason?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: They're they're struggling. They lost their last game by nine previously twenty five, previously ten, previously nine. They haven't played a close game in a while, so maybe you should actually switch to the Pelicans.
Speaker 5: Hope me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I'm going with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, smart movie.
Speaker 3: You don't want me though, you don't want me back to you is the problem?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Four and a half. We got the mass task has the pels and some points to play with. Let's get to tweeted the.
Speaker 5: Night, tweet out the night, Wow j D with tweet of the night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, more like tweet of five minutes before the show.
Speaker 3: Tweet in the morning, Yeah, the morning to you.
Speaker 6: Yesterday we were talking about Dennie Avida.
Speaker 5: What's going on here?
Speaker 6: It's still good this music though.
Speaker 5: We're always talking about Deny.
Speaker 6: Every single day. But yesterday we talked about how he has a new nickname, Turbo. Yeah, very American Gladiators. Still not on the basket reference website.
Speaker 3: No, No, let's get that up there. Let's do that b ref Come on.
Speaker 6: But our man sixty five percent font asked mid journey AI, which I assume is a it's an AI art generator, right to visualize what Danny Adio would look like as a nineteen nineties American glass. Okay, so apologies to the audio. Listeners are just gonna have to come on over to YouTube to check these out because they are incredible. There's four of them. Here's the first one.
Speaker 3: Whoa damn what what team is he playing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: And here's what this one looks very I don't know, it's.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it looks like Art Rivals.
Speaker 4: It looks like the Nintendo video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, yeah, and like Drogo or you know, yeah from Rocky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more from street Fighter. Yeah, very tall. That's a masterpoof.
Speaker 5: Zeus is playing on the far left there and no holds barred right left No, oh yeah, yeah, I thought his counterpart on the left side there kind of looks like Zeus. He also has the eye thing going on.
Speaker 3: I think AI hasn't figured out human eyes eyes.
Speaker 5: Here's a this is w w E to me, Shamrock.
Speaker 3: I wish it looked a little bit more like off you like.
Speaker 4: But got a little Adam Levine to it.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's for Kyle hat So boom.
Speaker 5: And finally, oh man, what a jaw line?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a brawl line. That's my favorite one though, again, like, come on, a I put a little go tea on there. Put a little mustache for I feel like he has one, or did at least all stubble. The haircuts good, yeah, haircuts good, really good, strong job.
Speaker 4: That looks like an American gladiator.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that look like what Turbo looked like?
Speaker 5: That's what the Star Trek logos in there. Wow?
Speaker 3: Those are those are great?
Speaker 4: A lot like the real Turbo.
Speaker 3: That's what they pulled from.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, I mean, just go back and just add to mid Journey. Just add with a goate.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I got to make it.
Speaker 6: Learn You gotta tell it what you want. I mean, you can't, you know, put in just random stuff.
Speaker 5: And it's pretty cool. It's you guys play with chat gp I of.
Speaker 3: Course, what if you do?
Speaker 4: Just tell like write me a tweet about the bulls being back. It's like, seriously, the things I put into it, putting too many hashtags in though, that's my my chat. I tried to fire up mid Journey. You got to join their Discord server, so I'm going to figure it out.
Speaker 3: That's like a community for us to get.
Speaker 4: I think it just works differently like their Their AI bot is done somehow through through Discord and it was like I tried whatever, man, I tried to join the beta, tried to join the beta. You gotta join the discord. Then you got to learn prompts, then you got to learn imagines. I don't know, it was more than just typing in what you want to see. Like the first time all the AI things went around, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, this is easy.
Speaker 4: Vin Diesel holding a tune of Sandwich twenty results all hilarious. Do it in the style of Salvador Dali, please, That was That's my only go to for AI stuff. Is a famous actor doing something weird in the style of a classical artist. Yeah, Tom Cruise running in the style of Henrima greet something.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, when you think about it, we've done We've done over three thousand shows, you know, not all on camera, but a huge chunk for basically a decade, if not longer on camera. We could input that into obviously some sort of AI platform. And what I'm getting at is like, we don't need to I would sit a year from now. We don't need to be here. Yeah, you're gonna have every mannerism you've ever done here, your sayings, the way I talk, he thought, I mean, I'm just like, punch it in it uploads what happened in the NBA last night? Yeah, spits it out our show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean chat GPI doesn't do current events yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: It's older. It's twenty twenty one in past.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, so oh so that would be an issue a little hurdle right now is like games happening last night. It's good.
Speaker 6: Sometimes this show feels like it was it's Ai, you know what I mean, just the tangents we go on and just.
Speaker 3: The malfunctions like yesterday.
Speaker 5: Why are you saying that we've talked about today Special before? Yeah, of course, yeah, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the American Gladiators talk about over and over.
Speaker 5: Yes, humans, it's just a loop. It's a loop. We have the same thoughts every day, our thoughts exactly the same. Really, Yeah, that's what they say. That's what AI says. Ay is better than us.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's a good tweet of the night, great photos.
Speaker 6: Shout out to his skeets forgiving that to me. Otherwise, twenty minute Pickle report, but save it, save it.
Speaker 3: You have an unsponsored Pickle report.
Speaker 6: Now it's just yeah, because well you know, put it out there. It's like the your Ernie's segment. Let's put it, slap a sticker on it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Uh, Pickle Report coming soon maybe, uh maybe tomorrow. We have a lot tomorrow's podcast. Definitely not tomorrow. You know this is just going to be lengthier Pickle Report, well kind of.
Speaker 6: But also we've got Worst of the Week, we got five Star Star. There's seven games on tonight, all Star snubs, all Star snubs.
Speaker 3: There's just no time.
Speaker 5: I mean, we may have to do two shows.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow only snub show.
Speaker 3: Why don't we just do a pickle show.
Speaker 6: We can't do that too. Nods coming soon.
Speaker 3: Anyway, The Pickle Report is coming either in its own separate podcast or it's coming next I care. I mean, I know it must be good for you wanting to have turned it into it.
Speaker 6: Well, it must A lot happened, A lot happened, a lot of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 5: Joke. Yeah, but if you want to beat chat GPT JD, you got to start making a pickle. They don't know about two years ahead, exactly knows nothing about pick a ball. Make a show. Let's go, Yeah, let's call it.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 4: Just to clarify, I said, here mcgreet, I meant to say Renee mcgreet, Matisey jammed those jammed them.
Speaker 3: That was like an ai exactly.
Speaker 4: I got confused, like why is why was Denny Abdiya wearing Kristaps Porzingis's number? Exactly right? But Skeets, I'm gonna need you to come to me for the quote at the end because I asked chat GPT write me a task Mellie quote to end it.
Speaker 3: Not well, okay, okay, here we go. So so tomorrow we'll be back with the Drop Podcast, obviously talking some All Star snubs. I'm sure talking about the games, five Star Friday Worst of the Week nominees, Tweet of the Night, all that stuff. That's ten am Eastern live here from the Classic Factory. Get your tickets to our Salt Lake City show. Keep reminding you, guys, but if you're in the area, you should come on out hang with us on Friday night at the Ober Lounge. But until then, Clover Bros.
Speaker 4: You heard it here first, have a great to turn up. Love you guys, awesome, Thanks for joining us, and remember, as tas Mella says, keep grinding, stay focused, and never let the haters dunk on your dreams. I've said that before. I'm giving that.
Speaker 3: Place the day people.
Speaker 5: That's good