Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan.
Speaker 2: For your home.
Speaker 1: Loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky's Portridio presented by Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Safe Summer Driving Tour.
Speaker 4: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Some great picks by you all for songs that are sad that aren't country shout out some ones that come on a lot. We had a lot of suggestion. Tears in Heaven, Eric Clapton, Yeah, that was about his son. I didn't know he felt the sun fell from a fifty third floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on of balcony.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's all. I knew his son died, but I didn't know that's how it was. That's got it.
Speaker 1: I think his son was like three years old.
Speaker 2: Tones that would be awful. Last Kiss Pearl Jam that's the uh oh where old? Where am I? That one?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, he didn't write that though, right the.
Speaker 1: Old sixties or fifty song on the sixties, that's right.
Speaker 2: I think one of the sad. I think he has another really sad one. We've talked about Shanning that breathe.
Speaker 4: Oh, just breathe, just breathe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that one, Like I think that's heartbreaking and beautiful. That's become one of my ten or fifteen favorite songs. Hey, I love it, and it is his version of that like on an Unplugged is one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Warren zevon keep Me in your Heart for a while to go on. That's a really good one. He wrote it knowing he was gonna die of cancer. Oh wow, Yeah, he's so sad. Bonnie Rate, I can't make you love me. That's brutal. She like writes a song that goes, I love you, but I know you're not gonna love me, but making me sad. Somebody has a Selena Goman song, Oh lose you to love me. I haven't heard that one. Hum, it's not am I Selena. I don't know. Like Wish We Were Vampires by Jason Isbel, I feel like Jason Isbell has a lot of sad songs. He's got that one about yeah well, I can't think of it. But he goes to his dad's funeral and he finds out his dad was like hooking up with another woman.
Speaker 4: It's brutal, Like a Jerry Springer episode The Freshman.
Speaker 2: We were Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bird Pipe, you keep going here, you go go for it.
Speaker 2: I cannot al right, there you go seven? Oh they are, I'm going to a bunch of burden beyond. Just be ready ask anything, Uh Wednesday. Let's do a couple of little things here before I go to the phone. Akron, the Zips, whoever donates the most to their Nile auction. We'll get to call the first series of offense in their first game against Robert Morris. They will get to call the plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not just the first play, the whole first drive.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, wildest thing I've ever heard. Crazy.
Speaker 1: I can't believe a coach is going to let that happen. I can see maybe the first play of the game, but the whole drive, first series, so I didn't see. Are they gonna be on the sidelines or so?
Speaker 2: I didn't see that part in the box.
Speaker 4: Probably depends on you know.
Speaker 2: Kind of awesome though. I mean, I cannot believe they're doing it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: They're playing Robert Morris, who apparently stinks. Now, if I'm the Robert Morris coach, I'm like, they are actioning off the play calls.
Speaker 1: I heard the person who wins before the game gonna sit with the coach and they're gonna joint league.
Speaker 2: But what do they do if it's third and one and they've called a hell mayor.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's why you won. They're doing the drawing to see there has.
Speaker 2: To be a little bit of using.
Speaker 6: I feel like the coaches have to give them a multiple choice here. There's gonna be some guardrails.
Speaker 1: If we're three and one, we're gonna run this play or this play. Pick one of these two.
Speaker 6: If you can't just be like you have the keys and they just run three straight hill Mary's I'm not I'm billy.
Speaker 3: We're talking about this presear I'm not gonna punt on fourth and ten on oh you're going for.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, there's no fun if I'm not getting a fourth down how much we're scoring.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like this is going to be really successful. I think there's gonna be some really rich person that just does this and makes it a thing like I think this is we'll see, but I could see this raising a ton of money. Yes, because if you have a ton of money. One of the things about people that are really rich, and we're seeing this with like our infinite idiot billionaires in the world, money can only buy you so much. I can buy you a lot, but it can't buy you experience. Like you can't pay to be an NBA player, right, but now you can pay to be a coach. Why wouldn't you if you were a huge football fan, why wouldn't you do it. It's a raffle, though, so you'd still have to win.
Speaker 3: Let's say I must who signs up for season tickets?
Speaker 4: That is where I understood it.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's worse, So rich can't see. I think that that's not what I would have done if you were. I mean maybe I would done both because I think you could buy many. I think you could if it was a auction. I think they could raise an obscene amount.
Speaker 3: Of Big Cat has already bought season tickets just for the chance to be the guy who calls the play.
Speaker 2: Well, now you're going to have a stadium full of empty tickets. Though, because I think a lot of people are going to do this, I can do it.
Speaker 4: We could do it if we want to do.
Speaker 1: If it's really much of the season takes seventy five dollars, that's no way for the whole season.
Speaker 4: I believe, So.
Speaker 2: Buy a couple of seats. I want to call play it.
Speaker 4: I think it's I it's it can't just.
Speaker 3: Playing Billy, because Billy told me it was seventy five dollars for the season.
Speaker 2: It can't just be If it's seventy five dollars, then we should all buy us all and we'll see who wins. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: If it was a bidding process, why wouldn't somebody from Robert Morris try to win it?
Speaker 2: That's an interesting question, and just throw it and just.
Speaker 1: Throw bombs and like everybody lined up deep.
Speaker 6: I'm not seeing seventy five dollars. Actually, here's something for seventy.
Speaker 2: Five five season. On the visitors side, well, they're kind of sell out the stadium and no one's ever gonna go to the games. That's gonna be the most watched drive in all the whole season.
Speaker 1: We're talking about it.
Speaker 2: You kind of agree with me. This is kind of brilliant. Oh, it's amazing. I'm jealous.
Speaker 6: I would love to call the first series for my team.
Speaker 1: But I'm a fan. I don't want you calling my first series for Kentucky an if you're Akron, yes.
Speaker 2: And like who cares? What if? What if you just get stuffed three and out fans booth the boo booth. I can't go back to your an eighty year old grandma.
Speaker 3: On the side of that, I mean, what if you end up scoring and.
Speaker 2: Then like you get a job. If I'm not giving the I'm not giving the keys back. If we take the calls standing on the field and like hold the card. I think you have to that you can look into players. This is awesome. I am you said that. Pardon my take? Is talked about it, We're talking about it. I'm gonna get it's already. I just got the rundown for the ESPN show. It's on that. Yes, like everybody, I mean, this is a brilliant gimmick by this.
Speaker 1: When else are you gonna talk about Akron football?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna talk about watching the first drive to see what happens.
Speaker 2: Right, acro and Robert Morris is gonna have the biggest rise and drop in ratings in the history of college football.
Speaker 4: And DraftKings have to know about this too, Right in case the over under, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta put a odds on will they score on.
Speaker 1: The first drive?
Speaker 6: Are you all being aggressive? I'm handing it off. Let my nerves settle.
Speaker 2: Well, No, I'm not giving away my secrets in case you win? What if Robert Moore, I mean, are you gonna be like the three Heil Mary type? Are you gonna take it. I'm trying to score. I'm gonna take it here. I'm gonna have to read. I'm to come to practice, see my offense, see what the strengths and weaknesses of my team are.
Speaker 6: So they're gonna be thinking big explosive to play right away. I'm just gonna go a little hand off settle the nerves. Is anyone think that's a bad idea?
Speaker 4: No, I love it.
Speaker 2: I want Kentucky to do and I want Kentucky to do this, but for Akron brilliant.
Speaker 4: Yes, think about this too.
Speaker 3: Some of these drives can go for nearly an entire quarter. So what if you just did run the ball? You're gonna yeah, And I'm basically the offensive quarter air for a quarter of the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm burning all the timeouts. I'm getting to shut up. We're gonna look good. I need my timeouts to get them all huddled up. Dude, I love it. I love it. And if it's seventy five dollars, then I'm buying. Why not?
Speaker 1: What if they draw your name the best day of that'd be so much fun.
Speaker 2: Imagine that's fun. Miss will Stein's first game to be the Akron offensive door. People would understand. I mean you would understand, would you? It could be the beginning of a career. Unbelievable. Bob, go ahead, Bob, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: Too many subjects here. Willie Nelson turned ninety three, and I'm looking at ninety three very shortly.
Speaker 2: How many albums have you put out?
Speaker 7: Not quite as many as really, but I'm using a chair now when I get up there, we'll good. And remember Cowboy George from Fern Creek. He was the leading band for Lily Nelson when he came to the Loyal.
Speaker 2: No One remember, I mean none of us on this show, remember that a guy named Cowboy George.
Speaker 7: No One of the one of the old songs talk about. There was a song come Home supper Time and he goes way back before Ricky Van Shelton. And that's that, to me is a tear jerker. And when I'd like for you to hear if you could find all right.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate the call. I'm probably the only person on the show that even knows I appreciate the call. Bob, who Ricky Van Shelton is Kentucky guy, Mario, you big Cowboy George guy was Ricky Van Shelton Kentucky. I thought he was.
Speaker 1: He might be on that country music highway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you may be right. I don't know, Brad. Go ahead, Brad. You thinking about Ricky Skaggsye. I know I got you second, Brad. I know his brain. He here's Ricky. He could be thinking the guy on silver spoons. He could be thinking of the golfer Fowler.
Speaker 1: I know there's a Ricky on the country.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Yeah, okay, go ahead, Brad.
Speaker 8: So I was thinking about Kroger Field. You know they did that nice update about ten or eleven years ago, and they've got that good looking silver on it. But then you've got that ugly cream concrete. Why don't they paint that silver to master us the stadium.
Speaker 2: It's a good call. I think it's very rare. I appreciate the call that just concrete in a football stadium looks good. They probably should paint it. I think that's a good call. I'm not an interior designer, but I do think I can't think of any stadium where just bear concrete looks good.
Speaker 6: And even if you leave it at this, it needs a good power wash for going in the next year, clean it off places looking a little dated.
Speaker 2: It's getting ready for the new era. There's some I got a breaking news alert.
Speaker 9: Okay, multiple bats that have been tested in not County have been found to have rabies.
Speaker 1: Oh oh goodness, stay out in not County.
Speaker 2: They live there. Okay, So a lot of parts of this story. Are there a lot of bats in not County.
Speaker 1: There's probably more bats than we realize.
Speaker 2: Clearly, and they've tested multiple ones, so they're worried about it. People don't just go around testing bats for rabies. Something has made the people of Not County test their bats for rabies. They're foaming at the mouth, flying around. They bite.
Speaker 1: Somebody had to bit some animals, maybe some family pets or so.
Speaker 2: That means someone got bit by bad Would you be worried if you lived in not County? Would you be like I got bit by bat? I'd be very worried, would you? But if you were in not County? Would you be like, all right, watch out and not going out after dark? Are they in the dark? Yes? I feel like that's one of those things though, that you wouldn't be scared of until they sent the alert. Like, it's never occurred to me to be worried about being bit by bat signals one time in your life thought, uh oh, man, I gotta look out. It could be a bat around here. But County. Yeah, if I'm in Not County, I'm gonna be like kids, get inside.
Speaker 1: We're going to Grandma on the door.
Speaker 2: Are there a lot of bats in Not County? You got caves? That's hang out in caves? Caves and not count do you know? Yeah, like you've been there. I think of all the terrain around there, there's gotta be some caves.
Speaker 4: I don't think they've taken us censes on bats and not County.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if if someone in Not County can tell me why this was a breaking news alert about the bats having rabies and not care about it. If this was on this was a Louisville news alert. Are they thinking that they're going to drive? Well, but apparently so. If you know and not Candy, I would be interested in why I may have gotten that corn bred hemp. This is a big time for corn bred himp. The Senate is this week meeting and deciding whether or not to keep himp available for the city for the state of Kentucky. It's a big deal and for those of you over the years have started using corn bread help to have to help you sleep, help you relax. Just know it is scheduled to expire at the end of the year. If the Senate doesn't do something, corn Bread Hemp has there. Of course they're social sprits, but also all the himp products we've been selling over the years. Contact your senator. I believe Kentucky's senators are I believe they're split. I believe McConnell. I don't know. One of them wants it to be gone and one of them, McConnell, ain't voting. I think we know that it seems unlikely at this point, but the other senators it's close. Corn Bred Hemp cornbradhamp dot com slash action you can learn more corn Bread Hemp grown for the Good Life. I haven't gotten an update about Mitch in a while, have we No?
Speaker 1: No no pictures that surface.
Speaker 3: Lost of us always break dancing. He used to be doing pretty well and good health.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. This is the.
Speaker 4: Breathe just Breathe song Parsiam yep.
Speaker 2: I mean I would. The problem is I would we used to play I would play like a minute of this, but you can't on podcasts. It's just a minute of silence spn now too. We used to be able to They used to put songs on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Now they can know music on the podcast thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just our heart, whole world, stupid music companies. Wasn't their money?
Speaker 4: Everybody's so happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the way it goes. By the way people have asked me. There is a Matt and Myron podcast. If you want to listen to it, just like this show. It condenses it without the commercials. Go to Matt and Myron, uh and subscribe. I'm gonna you know, the stuff's on there. It's been fun so far. Uh. Apparently they also found skunks in not County with rabies. Oh no, it's spreading.
Speaker 1: Get out of not County.
Speaker 2: We stop. People have to live there. You can't just run out of everybody, everybody out of not County.
Speaker 3: When is Billy going to Profile Not County after his wedding? Yea never, We're never gonna get there.
Speaker 2: We'll get there once.
Speaker 1: What are we on Carlile County?
Speaker 2: It might be twenty twenty seven yeh, but we'll get No. I mean like it's gonna take a while.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the final while a couple of decades.
Speaker 2: The football seasons started. My contract ends in twenty twenty nine. We'll haven't done by.
Speaker 3: That that, you know, once we get into football season in basketball season, we're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Still gonna do already know. We're gonna do it on the days like you know, like Wednesday or something like, we'll do it on a day midweek. But yeah, it's gonna take a while, I grant you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get there, but we'll get there.
Speaker 2: We do. When we do, we'll feel a sense of accomplished.
Speaker 4: Stop at Spencer County against We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna stop at Spencer County again. I think we should start doing a podcast for sopranos rewatch. Apparently you're right, tons of bats in Not County, Yeah, which I didn't know. One person writes for Ask Anything Wednesday, Matt. Do you think if you put fast food burgers in front of you all you could tell what the burger was, what restaurant just by taste blind taste tests. So do you think if we put a McDonald's burger, Wendy's burger, Burger King, do you think you'd be able to close your eyes and say which one is? Switch?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, yes, you think you could at those three?
Speaker 2: All right? What if we threw in five guys? Probably not, I've guys be a lot thicker than that. I feel like that one would be easier. Sonic Dairy Queen.
Speaker 1: Started getting close. Maybe Sonic because they do just kind of just still do the smash burger type thing, don't they.
Speaker 2: You So you're saying, if we did lie a handful of restaurants.
Speaker 1: Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald's.
Speaker 2: You think you could get that get those? I think I could definitely pick a McDonald's one if it's just your regular burger, because they have like a kind of unique I don't particularly like it, but I think I could. I feel like I could know a Wendy's one. I haven't had a Burger King Berger in a long time, so I don't know. I could spot the McDonald's confidently. I don't really burgers anywhere else.
Speaker 6: And if you got into deep cuts where it's Culver's and A and W and everything else, I would I wouldn't be all play.
Speaker 2: At about chicken sandwiches. That's harder. And I think I could get a Chick fil A. I could spot Chick fil a but like McDonald's Wendy's, I think that would be tough. They're similar, you know. No, I couldn't do that one either. Yeah, hm hmm. It's interesting though, because we all decide we like certain food, but could you really pick it out of.
Speaker 4: A FROs are different?
Speaker 2: I agree, I think it'd be pretty good. Definitely could get McDonald's, Definitely could get Windys.
Speaker 4: Rallies would be a dead giveaway.
Speaker 2: Rallies, You're right, fries give me anybody, I'll take. I'll tell you what you let me taste a couple. I can close my eyes and get them all. The only ones I couldn't do is like Burger King because I haven't had it like Burger Kings, Sonic Dairy Queen. Those would be Sonic Dairy Queen. Yeah, just get the Blizzards though.
Speaker 3: I'm going to pick the place based on the fries, not the burger, because I feel like the burgers are all kind of the same.
Speaker 2: All right, So top three fast food fries. Rallies is number one.
Speaker 4: Yep, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: You think Rallies still exists if not for their fries. You got a good chicken sandwich too, Rallies. You know it's it is good. I don't know there very much.
Speaker 6: And they're one of the places where you're like, I have a medium drink and the medium is Windy's or McDonald's McDonald McDonald's.
Speaker 4: That salt a.
Speaker 2: Lot of salt. Yeah, well it's good for you. Jay Bateman would be like, get that out of here. See. I like the.
Speaker 1: Rby's curly Fries their second for me number two.
Speaker 2: They're good and unique. Nobody else really does that. I forget about the curl just that flavor. Yes, yeah, yeah, I like those bluegrass go ahead blue grass.
Speaker 10: Hey, what's going on, fellas? Hey? I need to give you some flowers. I need to give some flowers to my man, Steven Pink. What a great job he did on my hometown here of Whiteland and Kelly Coleman Man, that was just it was done so well. I'd like to just give you some flowers. Have you all watched it yet?
Speaker 2: I've seen it. Yes. He did a video about where King Kelly Coleman played Whalen where we've been before, and it was very well done. When he puts his stuff to making a video, he does a great job. And that's another.
Speaker 10: One man he did excellent job. How about you fellas you all thinking about coming up here and doing a live broadcast, maybe from the Hall of Fame up here, well at the gym. Maybe we.
Speaker 2: Had not bluegrass, but I appreciate the offer. Maybe one day, you never know.
Speaker 10: And one thing, Drew, I'm going to agree with you too. I'm not sold on. It's a pretty good lineup that we have so far. But if you looked at other lineups, like there's some super teams out there, and this team is well shore to super team. Now, I do think Mark Mitchell makes that big, big difference. But like, look at the lineup, look at I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate car we're not I don't think we're top ten right now. Mark Mitchell would put us in the top ten though. Do you agree with that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I don't think we're gonna be bad byny means we'll be good, will be fine. But I'm tired of just being fine. I want to get back to being elite and I don't think they're there yet.
Speaker 2: Free Bird.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, don't you great show? By the way, Uh, don't you all have a call that calls in from not County? We do?
Speaker 2: That's that guy that does the meditation. He's from Not County. I feel like if anybody was gonna know about bats, it would be him. Skunks. He's probably now. Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: My question is, with all this talk about this court and everything fifth year, has anybody ever thought about going back to the old school. You got five years to play four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not happening. Yeah, but when you were in college, you weren't getting paid. I mean the rules now, well, it's all about money. The rules now are five for five. And the reason they're doing that is, you know, when it was five for four, they were giving exceptions when people tour in ACL and then it was okay, well if you tore it, if you missed the whole year, and then it became well if you missed three games, and then five games, and then six games, and the NCAA was not being consistent, and so the decision was made now that he was a good one, rather than have these caveats and exceptions, which can be applied inconsistently, five for five. If you get hurt, well you got four more years. So that's okay, that's kind of what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Well, it makes sense, it's just it, but it like it's all comes down to money man, but.
Speaker 2: It's no exceptions. It's because what was happening. I appreciate the call was people were suing saying you let him play and you didn't let me play. So now they're doing five for five, no exceptions except for military service and a religious mission trip. That's it, And I think that at least will be consistent. You gotta to view it that way, So I think that I actually think it was one of the good decisions the NCAA has made. We'll take a break right back. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 4: He'll make them pay now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones, This.
Speaker 2: Ricky Van Shelton yep. Not from Kentucky, from this city. One person writes in, By the way, Matt, you play a lot of the music you guys like, how about giving Mario the OS cord one day? All right, good idea, Mario, Tomorrow tonight you're gonna send shan in six songs and you get to play the playlist for tomorrow. Is that a bet? Is that what you said? Bet?
Speaker 1: Bet no cat, bet no cat?
Speaker 2: Or do anything. Mid Yeah, don't be dead. Don't be sus. If you're sus and and then I'm not gonna bet. But you can't come in here in magus either. Low key.
Speaker 1: You gotta get some good songs, clear, don't spam us.
Speaker 2: You got this Mario on the ox tomorrow. Kentucky weather versus your roof. If you're a KSR listener, you know Kentucky loves talking about the weather. Sometimes it feels like we spend a lot of time getting ready for it. But with Kentucky weather, when thing's right, one thing is for certain. You never know roof. Whether it's wind, hail, heavy rain, ice, snow, or temperature swings, your roof takes a beating in Kentucky. That's why CRC Roofing provides honest inspections and clear recommendations. Cr C Roofing KSR listeners get a free roof inspection at cr C Roofing dot com or cr C company dot com. Slash k s R. Just remember slash ks R free inspection and up to one thousand dollars on the new roof from c R c Roofing. Yeah, I have to you know, you don't look at things until you like have a house and you're like, oh, I look at that roof. What do I need to do with the roof to get your filters figured out yet? Where you can change those? Yeah, we haven't gotten that. Get to it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to dirty.
Speaker 2: That's what hobby's for.
Speaker 4: We don't have an a because you didn't change your filter.
Speaker 2: I got filters. They're gonna get. They're gonna get They're gonna get filtered. It's one of the things, you know, worry about me and my filter.
Speaker 4: When I come over to your house warming party, I'm gonna bring you a filter. That's gonna be my house. Change your filter.
Speaker 2: We're gonna change.
Speaker 4: Okay you do.
Speaker 2: That's a good house where you can bring me a filter?
Speaker 4: Will God? Just need to know your size?
Speaker 2: Okay, I know the size. There's a lot of size. What would they be close A good one, it's the right size.
Speaker 1: But what would it be approximately?
Speaker 2: Uh you know good size?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, there's three numbers to bet size.
Speaker 1: There's three numbers.
Speaker 2: By the way, somebody asked earlier, who who are the people the public figures? They heard me talking about Aaron Rodgers a couple of days ago that everyone on the show likes the least. I mean, for me, Aaron Rodgers, Donald Trump probably the top two. I will say Donald Trump is entertaining in his stupidity. Did you hear what he said yesterday? Like sometimes you just said stuff and I'm like, you have to laugh just because it's so ridiculous about Lebron he said he be he would be the best w NBA coach of ault.
Speaker 4: We'll never know, Like he.
Speaker 2: Just says things like that though, like I we can't. We can't, I mean, I can.
Speaker 4: You never seen him goaj.
Speaker 2: I will say he's wrong. I mean, but like that'd be like me, I'd be the best F one driver of ault.
Speaker 4: You could say that, I could.
Speaker 2: You just didn't. True. You have your right to say it, though. Yeah, I'm not saying put him in jail for saying saying it's objectively dumbest thing. I'd like to see him try. Yeah, I don't think it would go well. I don't think that league and the culture of that league and.
Speaker 4: The first drive, they should let him call the first drive.
Speaker 2: Here's a good question about the Akron thing. What if you score and then when the real offensive coordinator comes in, they can't. And that's a lot of pressure on the real offensive.
Speaker 1: If it's if it's as success, you should do it every home game this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I would if I were him. It's clearly working. Allan go ahead. Thirteen million views on their tweet about it. Unbelievable, Alan, go ahead, Matt.
Speaker 11: A couple of things. I grew up in your neck of the woods. Don't ask you. Have you heard Leatherwood, Kentucky. No, it's in Artley and Purrie, Leslie and Harlem anyway.
Speaker 2: On a second, you have a town that's in three different counties.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, most of it was in Perry, Okay. But it was a big cold company company camp Okay. And and anyway, we had a Leatherwood High School back in nineteen sixty. I played on the district champion that's that was the only thing we ever won. In nineteen sixty we were won the fifty fourth district championship.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's good, Okay, Leatherwood High School. It's the first time I've ever heard of it too.
Speaker 11: Okay, it's consolidated now Purry County Central. And it took a bunch of schools in Okay. Yeah, and it's now Purry County Central. I love away you.
Speaker 2: Here's how I know you're from Perry County. It's that you say Perry. I like that you say Perry County. That's how I know that you're not a fake. You're like Perry County. But go ahead.
Speaker 11: Well, when when they closed it down and it's gone back to the Danu Mooon Forest, now okay, and they're going they're trying to make make a well, they got an off road park. It's supposed to be the big in Kentucky. And they're gonna supposedly take where the gym was and put a motel in there. But anyway, the thing I was going to tell you when my dad left there, he moved to Middlesburg, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Well, smart man, Okay, what's your dad's name.
Speaker 11: Earl Hilton. That's a long time ago. I graduated nothing sixty, Yeah, But anyway, I went to UK on the scholarship from dude. I'm in Coke Company. He graduated from University of Kentucky. I now live in lasco I'm retired. I made it four years old, but I just thought it was something.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling. No, I appreciate it. I did not know, and I appreciate the call, sir. I did not know about Leatherwood, Kentucky. There are a lot of places in the mountains I've noticed recently that claimed to have the biggest off road thing in the nation. We have like seven of those in Kentucky. And I don't know how many people are going off roading, but like everybody's always like they're bringing an off road too, and then whatever county. So I don't know. I'm sure there are people that are doing it, but like I've never I don't know, because I hear that a lot from a lot of places.
Speaker 6: It's big part of our state's conomy. Now, you're right about Perry and Perry. Though Perry, they say Praray have a few friends from there, really really emphasized the per Yeah.
Speaker 2: This guy who went to law school with his name is Chris Perry, and I would call him Purry and he didn't like it, which would just make me just do it.
Speaker 1: Even Parry Tubby always called Perry Stevenson, Parry, Parry Stevenson.
Speaker 2: In general.
Speaker 1: J Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Parry and how to Tubby laugh. He's here with us, Chris, go ahead, Chris, Hey, guys. Uh.
Speaker 12: I was having a debate with one of my friends who's a Duke fan And we're talking about who has a bigger fan base? And he's been talking about how, you know, Duke has more followers on Instagram and a bigger brand. I brought up the fact that it's probably this number is probably in the seven figures of you know, just Hillbillies who you know don't have social media. You don't see that often.
Speaker 2: No, Kentucky's fan base, Kentucky's fans, So is it bigger? I think Duke has a ton of of what I would say are casual fans. Duke has a lot of people who maybe aren't even really college basketball fans, but when the sport comes in March, for whatever reason, they have chosen Duke. And that goes back many many years to the nineties and even they ate eighties. So is Duke's fan base bigger? Maybe, but it's I think they're very casual. I don't. I don't think when you're so when I say biggest college basketball fan base, I mean probably the biggest college basketball fan base is like Texas, but they don't care, So I don't think that really counts. The question is amongst people that care, and if you're talking people that care. Kentucky is first and North Carolina is second, and then there's a conversation about Kansas and Indiana and all that. But Duke's is probably mathematically larger. But I think most of them are like like the way people are Yankees fans and Lakers fans, like they're kind of fans, but they're not really fans.
Speaker 12: Right, we have the most diehards, oh.
Speaker 2: Without question, without question, I mean nobody. I appreciate the call, the success of this show, and just I mean there wasn't for the fact that Kentucky basketball was huge. You think they'd have my ass on ESPN. I mean, stop it, Like you know you we have three thousand Twitter followers on that account in two days, Like that's because of Kentucky basketball fans. But Duke does have a lot of people. It's like again, the people that cheer for the Yankees and the Lakers and enter Miami when or when Messi got there, Like that's what Duke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're college basketball is bandwagon team. Like, without quest, we all grew up with someone who just randomly started liking the Patriots and they're from Western Yah. There's people all over that picked Duke because their band picked up some of those people in the early Colliars.
Speaker 2: There's a generation of kids about Mario's age who just picked up Kentucky because of John Wall and Anthony Davis and there. And I meet those kids somewhere, I'll say what's your connection to Kentucky And they'll go, I just started cheering for him here. So we have we have some of that too. They have like twenty five years of that, and there's a cultural there's a social cultural part of that which where there were many years and people may not like this, but this is a fact. There are many years where Duke was kind of the white team in college basketball for a long time, in the same way that the Celtics were in the eighties in the NBA, and a lot of people picked them during that time because of Lightner, you know, Reddick Hurley named the dudes over the Shire, Cherokee, Parks, Grace and Allen just make your list. So that's but we are the most passionate.
Speaker 1: Fase I was surprised, he said, I didn't realize they had more followers on their Instagram account than Kentucky. I thought Kentucky would bad.
Speaker 2: Well, we built up our Twitter account, We I think we have the most on Twitter. If we don't, it's close. But other schools were quicker on Instagram, I'm in TikTok, et cetera. A lot of that's just did you get on there or not? Right Like KSR, we were very slow drew to Facebook. It took us a long time to catch up to other sites because we just didn't get on it early. Whereas on Twitter, I probably have more followers than every college sports local account in the country because I was on it early. So it just depends on when you did it. Tell me about Stocktormort. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked, because I had the script opening ready for you to ask me. School shopping isn't the only thing worth planning for this August. If buying a home is also on your list this year, it's doctor Mortgage. They can help you understand your options before you're ready to move. Maybe you're still waiting for those mortgage rates to be perfect. You could spend all year waiting or spend that time getting prepared. Doctor Market can help you build a plan no matter what rates are today, tomorrow, or in the future. Learn more at Stockton dot com. N MLS eight two five nine equalhalthy lender in a molest consumer Access dot Org back to you, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. We'll be right back to KOSRT.
Speaker 4: So this is the original of the who is this Frank Wilson?
Speaker 2: From this Frank Wilson? There was a school right next to Millsborough, Jfrank White, But this is J. Frank Wilson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you should have his own school.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is a very popular song. Hey, BBN, somemer means staying active. If pain's slowing you down, it's time to call the pros at Court Physical Therapy Sports injuries to AX court will help you get back and moving all season long. Don't sit this summer out. Visit court dot com that's KRT dot com to find a location near you and start your comeback today court dot com. By the way, Billy came to my house this day. Thank you for helping me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: If anyone out there, this is my request, semi a message after the show on the text machine if any of you, and don't not just like if you know how to do it, but like if your job, if you are in a job where you can fix like fountains, very specific yeah, well, I know it is right, but like something like that, if you don't know who to get, like who do you get everybody? I asked, They're like, we don't do that, so who does it? Because I either I I would like to get a fixed it's there, but like the water, I don't know how to clean it. It's just I don't know. You want. I want to be That's exactly right, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and I can't figure out why. So if someone out there knows fountains and can help and like actually knows it, not just like a good booty who wants like just SIMI a message and I will I will pay you. You don't have to do it for free.
Speaker 13: You have to ask bush Hampton who is guy?
Speaker 2: He said he didn't know either. He was like, some times it works, sometimes it does. I was like, there has to be away. He can't just be like sometimes it works sometimes it does. All right? I having you on here, Billy, because you're getting married on Saturday and you're taking off. This is your last day.
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: Are you nervous extremely?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 13: I've been more excited than nervous. Maybe I was more nervous and excited the last couple of days, you know, with family reaching out, there's a lot of moving parts. But no, this is going to be a great day. There like two twenty, it's.
Speaker 2: Big wedding, big wedding. If there were coming. We hired a driver, Paul the driver.
Speaker 13: Who got an invite to the wedding, so he made it.
Speaker 2: In No, you made him my plus one?
Speaker 13: Well, he play was already paid for, so we needed a person to step up. Ryan has an important job at the wedding.
Speaker 1: They don't know this, I don't They don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ryan has a task.
Speaker 13: He's going to be given the dinner prayer before we eat.
Speaker 4: Stop it what you're giving the dinner prayer?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've never heard you pray.
Speaker 1: Well you'll get to hear it on Saturday edition for Billy.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you did a public.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever done a public prayer. So you're I did what on the radio show the night of the tornado went through Mayfield?
Speaker 2: You did actually when we were into like Minnesota or Illinois. Yeah, uh huh, you did do that. That was actually very moving. You know what. I was about to make fun of your pick, but I remember that. Yeah, and it was actually beautiful. So you know what, I'll say, good pick. Why did you pick him? Not my pick?
Speaker 13: Marissa's pick?
Speaker 2: Actually, oh, Marissa picked you. I think they don't know the stories from my wedding because they got my wedding. Couldn't have prayed, that didn't make him? Let him pray early in the ceremony, yeah, early, okay. So what's the weather supposed to be on? Rain?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's still like over fifty outside.
Speaker 13: Ceremony is supposed to be outside, yes, reception inside.
Speaker 2: You know what Elnis Moore said, It said, it's ironic. It's like rain on your wedding day. Things. Well, for heard that album sold really well man, Abby are still married and it rained all day on our wedding day.
Speaker 13: We have umbrellas, so hopefully we have to sit outside in the rain. Well, I don't know, this is all moving, it's all developing situation here.
Speaker 2: So what was the rain planned?
Speaker 13: Rain plan was to go inside?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well there you go.
Speaker 13: Well there's some things with the ceremony that you don't want. We want to do it outside. So we'll see, we're gonna we're gonna wait time dec is Yeah, exactly we're gonna cross our fingers.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll tell you what we'll do. We'll bring Chris Bailey on yes Friday, get updated four k you could tell us exactly what is going to happen that day. Okay, time in that location secret ocasion, not in Lexton like it's out amongst them.
Speaker 13: Well as you just talked about Kentucky weather. Who knows right?
Speaker 2: So who knows? Yeah, c rc roof that's Ponchos. We'll bring ponchos. Anything that we need to expect, We've got I got to go pick up my suit. I was gonna do it today, probably tomorrow. But anything we need to.
Speaker 13: Know there, I don't know if there's anything you need to know. I think it starts at five point thirty.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 13: We're on the side of a cliff. Don't bring your children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on the pamphlets.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you what kind of shoes do I need to have on here? The same something no climbing. It's on the side of a cliff.
Speaker 13: It overlooks the Kentucky River in danville's been there for it's called Lockridge Park. We're going to do a remote.
Speaker 1: Now the paparazzi are going to be I mean.
Speaker 13: Tops and Lexington's already going to be there.
Speaker 2: It's going to be there a flyover what Wow, Tops and Lexington is.
Speaker 4: Going to be over.
Speaker 13: Yeah, have a couple of picks.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you got your pre wedding haircut I have.
Speaker 2: You're good with me where you're good with the cool hat I'm wearing.
Speaker 13: I haven't seen the hat, but I'm going to trust your judgment on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, just take it off. You're in Ron's prayer yea, Yeah, I'm excited. I think that's nice. I was honored that they asked me to do it. That is very nice.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, who's doing the guest book?
Speaker 13: What do you mean doing it?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 13: Everybody can sign the guest book when.
Speaker 2: They tell them to do it.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I don't know. Do you want to do that?
Speaker 2: No? No, screage off for Paul.
Speaker 13: We'll put Paul to work somewhere. He's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Paul needs to work in some form. Well I'm excited for you. Are you like these are your last couple of days of singleness. Yeah.
Speaker 13: I've had a couple of bachelor parties, had a good time, so you know, I'm not holding on to anything. But I cannot believe your first ESPN radio show, I got caught astray at the end of that. Could not believe he.
Speaker 2: Did get brought up on national radio. A caller called in it's the guy that always harasses you though, so it is he called the National show.
Speaker 13: And brought up Then you asked a national audience, have you ever heard of somebody asking exactly that?
Speaker 2: Shows it's unique?
Speaker 3: So so for DraftKings, are we going over under twenty five years for the wedding that the marriage.
Speaker 2: Dollars from draft Kings use a code ks R DraftKings dot com. Way, Oh, I'll take eternity at plus two. I will take love as the are. The juds once said, we'll build a bridge between your heart and maris.
Speaker 13: I appreciate that that faith in me. You know, sixty percent of marriages in this country into divorce.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't bring that status.
Speaker 13: We're gonna be at the odds, all right.
Speaker 2: I would just go, well, I'm I'm happy for you, excited to go. We have a van and it should be a lot of fun and we will see you after your where's you where's your honeymoon?
Speaker 13: I'm not saying yet because it's a surprise to her. So, oh surprise, we're gonna tell her what the pack. When does she find out? She's not gonna find she will when she gets the high school, give her a climate, take her in that.
Speaker 4: County a lot of bad.
Speaker 2: You're doing a surprise, Honeymot's right, Yeah, you are an interesting person. All right, Well, good luck, Thank you guys. We'll see you Tomorrow's k R