Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to wikf Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody recording from the Home Bunker votes. Happy Friday. We have made it to the end of this week. Happy November first, we have made it to the final stretch of this election cycle. There are four days to go until the final day to vote. This has been one of the most grueling presidential cycles. I think that this country has ever seen, at least in modern times. To show up each and every day, I'm going to take a personal note to show up each and every day. Over the last couple of years on WOKF has been hard, has been incredibly hard some days, because some days I have just wanted to stay in bed and cry at the state of this country. I believed four years ago that electing Joe Biden would put this country back on a path to democracy, back on a path to since, back in a place where we felt safe with a leader that we could trust and that we knew, and that we knew cared about America and shared a sense of responsibility and duty and accountability. And that person over the last four years has shown up. Joe Biden, I think did the best that he could do with what he was given, which was a lot, because we have just been living in so much anxiety and despair. It's kind of a mind fuck to think back four years ago to the height of the pandemic, to think back to pre vaccine, to think that on January twentieth, twenty twenty one, when Joe Biden was sworn in, we didn't have a vaccine. Thousands of people, tens hundreds, hundreds of thousands of people had died from COVID. We had come off of four years of Donald Trump that did not give a fuck about America, about COVID, about anyone other than himself. Donald Trump proved himself to be I think America's breaking point and a breaking point in the reality that we couldn't keep going on the way that we'd always gone.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump disrupted.
Speaker 1: That, and we believed that by electing Joe Biden we could get back to a place of normalcy. But I think that the reason we find ourselves here again with a third Trump election cycle, which is just like mind boggling, is because we believed that, you know, even after four years of Donald Trump, that he would do what other presidents have done when they've lost go away right, like go into your philanthropic endeavors, go into you know, back into your business.
Speaker 2: But that you would go away.
Speaker 1: And that was miscalculation on the part of Joe Biden, it was a miscalculation on the part of Merrick Garland, and it was a miscalculation on the part of the American people. So we find ourselves right now with four days to go, at yet another breaking point, and this time full fledgedley for our democracy and I think for a lot of people for their will and their faith in the American people. If we are able to pull off what seems almost impossible with the forces that are at play against us. I mean, you have multi billion dollar villains, you have a maggafied Supreme Court, you have you know, federal judges that were put in place to just do Trump's bidding. You have jerryman during off the fucking grid. You have you know, ballot boxes being burned, people being threatened. With Michelle yes, you have just insanity that has gripped this country. And if she's able to overcome all of that and win, I think faith in each other to a large degree will be restored. But if Donald Trump is able to do what he put the court, the federal bench, Republican governors in place to do and if they are able to pull off the ultimate heist of our democracy, friends, I don't know. I don't know what to offer right like, it will be a brave new world. And so I just want to thank all of you for showing up every day and listening, showing up in geiveing me support, energy and air. Over the course of this election cycle, so many days I have wanted to quit, and then I'll get an amazing message from one of the listeners that just touches my heart and makes me and the work that I do feel seen. I don't know what is on the other side of this. No one knows, right we won't know until it's done. But I do know that I am deeply appreciative to all of you for being on this journey, for fighting the good fight, for voting, for registering folks to vote, for volunteering, for you know, standing up for equity and diversity and justice, for doing your part, you know, for sharing these episodes, for using the platforms that you have for good. And I just want to say that even if darkness prevails, we will have to find a way to make light. It is what our ancestors have done, it is what prior generations have done. America has seen dark, dark days before, some that lasted centuries. But it is always the people who come together. And as the Vice President of the United States said, it's those people that decide to stop pointing fingers and start linking arms. That are the ones that are the difference makers, that are the change makers that usher in a new day. And so regardless of the outcome, we have to be those people. We have to stand up for what is right, understand that that is our work, it isn't somebody else's job. And I think that that is what the biggest lesson, the biggest takeaway is from the twenty twenty presidential race. Prior to Donald Trump twenty sixteen, we're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll vote for these people. We don't really have a lot of enthusiasm, we don't really do what needs to be done, and we all know how that turns out. Twenty twenty, we're hanging on literally for dear life and just needing to get rid of the demon, to exercise the demon, and we do. And I think that twenty twenty four is really about who do we want to be. Now, how do we take the responsibility of rebuilding this nation in the way that it should have been created in the first place, for all people, right, Not all men, not all white men, not all straight people, not all sis people, but for all people, for the varied, deep, beautiful tapestry that makes up America. And I think that that's what I saw in front of the Ellipses. You know, a couple of days ago was America. It was inspiring. I just came back from DC. I wasn't there for the Vice President's speech, but I went the next day. And you know, I am a very sentimental person. I lived in DC for nearly twenty years because I wanted to be a public servant. I wanted to help. I wanted to help this country that helped my family build a life after leaving Jamaica and moving to the United States. And when I see the Capitol Building, when I see the Washington Monument, when I drive past the White House, it still brings me pride and a deep sense of joy, and I don't want that taken away. And it was for those four years of Donald Trump, when I would go down to DC, it was a shell of itself. But what Kamala Harris reminded us of with that speech, with that gathering of seventy five thousand plus people, is who we can be when we decide to link arms, who we can be when we recognize our power. We are so much better than what Donald Trump showed us that Medicine Square garden. We are so much better than the hate that came out of Rudy Giuliani's mouth about immigrants. We are so much better than the whack ass comedian Tony Hinchcliff. We are so much brighter than the Stephen Millers and the Steve Bannons of the world. They are but a small fraction. They may be loud, but they are not the entirety of America. And we have to remember that. I don't believe that fifty percent of America is with Donald Trump. I don't believe that for a fucking second. I do believe that since the beginning of this country, there's always been thirty percent of the population that is vile. There was thirty percent of the population that wanted to side with the Nazis during World War Two. There was thirty percent of the population that believe that Hitler was doing something good. There was thirty percent of the population that wanted to continue the transatlantic slave trade. There's always been that group. But in the absence of our voices, in the absence of our own community building, in the absence of building infrastructure and a pipeline of the kind of America that we want to see, they seem big and loud. That Madison Square garden stunt was just that. It was a fucking stunt. I'm certain that if we went through, it's like, how many of those people were paid to be there? Right?
Speaker 2: Did Elon Musk flip the bill?
Speaker 1: The man who threw a bunch of black door knockers into a back of a U haul right like that?
Speaker 2: We just learned.
Speaker 1: Of course, nothing will happen to him, because nothing ever will, because he's the richest man in the world that refuses to pay taxes. We lose when we allow their narrative to become our mirror. And what they project isn't real. Their hate is real, sure, but how big their group is no. But what I do know is that if the vice president does win, we have got to be think Thanking ten, twenty thirty, forty fifty sixty A century down the road, because that is how Republicans got here.
Speaker 2: After Roe v. Wade was passed.
Speaker 1: They didn't say, oh, we're going to have it overturned tomorrow. They worked on it for fifty years. So if we believe in a multiracial democracy, we can't think that one election is going to do that. We can't think that the president of the United States has a magic wand and can just poof make things happen. It is a long term project that requires all of us. I pray that the results of this election are resounding in a positive way, that it sends a deep and loud message not only across this country but around the world that America will not stand for fascism, we will not fall for authoritarianism, and we will grow stronger from this. That is what I do believe. If Kamala Harris is elected, that we will learn from this moment, from this time, from this decade, and throw out the book of trump Ism. So, dear friends, with four days to go, I will offer you what I said on the Danielle Moody Show on YouTube earlier this week, which is, don't spend election night alone. Gather with your people, with your community. If it's one other person, two other people, your children, your pets, gather though. We are stronger and better when we are together, and this is going to be a monumental time. We will not know, most likely who is one on election night, but take this time to really gather with your people and to set intentions about the kind of country that you want to live in, the kind of community that you want to build, because I think that that is how we start creating the country that we want is by talking and gathering and connecting with one another. The days ahead, dear friends, are going to be hard, to say the least, but I know that we will get through it, as we have all of our most difficult days until now. So light your sage, your candles, your incense, a joint, poor glass, meditate, prey, stretch, walk, do whatever it is that you need to do to fill your spirit and continue to fill your own spirits so that you can fill those around you as well. We will get through this. We will meet on the other side of whatever this is. But I just want to thank you all of you for showing up here, for supporting me, for supporting independent media, and I'll be.
Speaker 2: Back here on Monday.
Speaker 1: Have a full and beautiful and RESTful weekend. That is it for me on wokef as always, dear friends, Power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.