Speaker 1: The volume, Joe Malone.
Speaker 2: Michael Malone called s G a foul artist, says it's almost impossible to stop him. Malone noted that SGA's abilities draw foul put defenders in a tough situation when they attempt to get physical with him.
Speaker 1: You gotta be ultra disciplined. It's almost impossible.
Speaker 2: A lot of times offensive player like Shape will initiate the contact, will hook his arm looking like draw the draw contact. He's a foul artist, and listen, that's a part of the game. That's the part really go When James Harden could do it, than.
Speaker 3: Guy was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Jane Tarmin was good at Jordan's Joel and bide inbeed uh.
Speaker 4: Dwayne Wade when he played Membery would Yeah, he'll pump you and get you to jump in the air, and Jem been to you. I mean that there are many players that are able to manipulate the game and use the rules to their advantage offensively. It's all about discipline and understanding who you're playing, and being sound and technic and technic, being technically sound on your end when you play a defense on those said players, I mean, it's pretty easy. It's pretty easy I'm just saying based when you're playing on type of players like SGA, you already know what you already know what to do.
Speaker 1: Right. He's bigger than you think, he's more physical than you think.
Speaker 2: He's got a many he's not really relying on any particular pretty particular shot.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has three point range, but he's not going to live and die by it. He can get to the fire, he can get to the mid range A.
Speaker 1: Lot of times. He's not already trying to get to the basket.
Speaker 2: He's just trying to create separation now when he tries to go to the basket. Yeah, he's trying to initiate contract to either get a foul or get a man one but a they're calling it, and plus he's small man. How many shot foul shots you think a game shot should have shot?
Speaker 1: WHOA twenty? Easily easy?
Speaker 2: I mean people getting having two cents, three and four centers on the team because he knows that he's gonna file two of them out, So we got twenty four files tonight, guys, Let's use him up. Tyre's Halliburton admitted his limited role on the US team and the twenty twenty four some Olympics impacted him more than he.
Speaker 1: Initially let on.
Speaker 2: Hali called it an nego check when recalling the fact that he helped that he played only twenty six total minutes in Paris, which is the fewest of any player on Team USA, and reference to the jokes being made about the lack of participation on social media, Halliburton remember thinking, I'm getting clown. How do I respond? Halliburton's first instinct was to play along. He's like, made humorous posts on Twitter about winning a gold medal despite not contributing to the group project. However, Halliburton said deep down he was motivated to prove this detractors wrong, saying when the season starts, I'm like, I'm going to I'm going to go now, I'm going to get you.
Speaker 1: Oh back, I'm going to get that, y'all. Excuse me?
Speaker 2: I like, and he doing just that, pa, y'all. I try to tell people and people just want to oh no, Righted. The person is the bigger his ego is. You're talking about a guy that's in the NBA, he's been an All Star, and you said, oh, he should just be happy.
Speaker 1: I mean no, Even though Jason Tatum said, hey, I was blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Jason Tatum is more accomplished than Tyreee Haliburton. At the time, he was a three time first team All the NBA selection, he had gone to the NBA Champion. He's gone to the NBA Finals twice, he had won one. He was an Eastern Conference Finals MVP. And he's not like true Holiday is playing in front of him. Derek White is playing in front of him.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling him how to have the human doubt, how to as someone that's you and I have both been successful at a particular sport with successful in bill competitives, were competitive, and it's one thing because I can't control it. O Joe, I mean, okay, if we go to if we go, let's just say we're gonna say they gonna line up like ten podcasts. Whoever all this everybody ten podcasts. Okay, we're gonna go your own, Old Joe, We're gonna get to do our thing. No no, no, no, no night cap y'all. Hold on, hold on, y'all will go tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, with your Oh Joe, that's our Joe. Were good? Were good? Guess what tomorrow. This is what we're gonna do with Joey tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Come, no, no, no, no, y'all going Thursday now now, joe after I do this right here, I gotta sit up in a wa damn minute. Now, Yeah, what you mean? We're not We're not. We're not going you let everybody else go? Why we Why did I come? Why did I sign on for this? I brought my te over here, and you mean to tell me we're not gonna get to do a podcast? Oh, I'll tell you what. We'll let y'all do. Spellow sinko and dunk on up and that's it. Man, y'all keep this issue. He'll keep it a stack with you. So that's how that's how they feel. So you talk about a guy, I understand. I understand, Kate. Like I said, the only three guys that didn't have to didn't have to go and make the team was Steph, KD and Lebron because many believe this was gonna be their final Olympics. Now, who knows what's gonna happen in three years. Steph could be playing at an extremely high level and wants to go again. Kevin and Rett might wants to try to go get what what do you got four gold medals? Might go try to go get five, So he might try to get five. We don't know, but those guys were like, okay, ushering those guys. Now we got a new generation the Jason Tatum Man Edward's X, Y and Z. So I totally understand Tyrie Halley's frustration. Well, I'm glad. Hey, I remember my first pro my first Pro Bowl. Ohoe, I'm happy. I'm just happy to be.
Speaker 1: There, Ojo. Man. You know, I'm like, damn, well, get Dad Marino one move, like damn okay.
Speaker 2: I see Bruce Smith and and Junior say out and I got a DT and oh damn.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh yeah, I'm just happy to be there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Now, and my happiness to be there, y'all ain't gonna throw me no damn balls over here.
Speaker 1: Man, o Joe, I did not come on the way.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think it wasn't that far because I was already I was already on the West coast, Ohoe. Because that year the Super Bowl, the Super Bowl was in Pasadena, because the Cowboys beat the b So I was already on the West coast.
Speaker 1: He was sow it's a five hour flight. Now I have really felt.
Speaker 2: Some type of way I had to break my ass from the East Coast, which is a four plus hour fight to get my black ass to California and then get on the and fly on over there. Because at the time, I don't think Atlanta had that direct flight. Atlanta got a direct flight. Now I think it's a little over ten hours to go direct go directly to a Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was like, damn, I came on this way. Ain't that today? He through me?
Speaker 2: Not what bar Hey, but y'all talking about hey special teams.
Speaker 1: I let him run it back.
Speaker 2: I might bela Hey, oh Joe, they I'll be blocking for it. Shull y'all better, y'all better, y'all better throw me a pass. God, you gotta tackle it. I'll be blocking.
Speaker 1: Hey, he shot out man bag, Come on, Joe. So I get guy's frustration.
Speaker 2: I know the ultimate goal is and it's like like like, you know, he set a science project where he got an ad. He didn't participate, but you know he's making a lot of a situation. Sometimes you got to laugh to stop from crying. Oh Joe. Yeah, And you know, like I said, and I appreciate that. And I think Jason Tatum if he's if Hallie's feeling that way, I think Jason Tatum is doubly upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely doubly.
Speaker 4: Haller Burton had the chance to get the last laugh. Man, Yeah, he got the last last.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure he's having he's having a ball right now, especially right.
Speaker 4: Now where where he is, where they are, the team collectively, and how he's doing himself right.
Speaker 3: Boy, if they make them damn finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet.
Speaker 2: And I think I think, uh, he's like, man, y'all can't find y'all could because how many games they play? Five games, how many games they play in the Olympics. He said, Man, I ain't got but twenty six minutes. I'm playing less than six minutes a game. And it's not like they long minutes. There might be two minutes here, that might be thirty seconds there. They got me coming to a they got me coming in do a mop.
Speaker 1: Up duty in and out and out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough. That's tough, because that's what I mean. You got to think about it. I mean, he's been a start of his whole year, so it's already different for him coming off the bench.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now he's like, okay, y'all got game.
Speaker 2: So he played six games, he played, he played less than five minutes a game.
Speaker 4: But then, also, you know, you have to understand the people that just surrounded yourself by the people that yeah, that that you're you, that are playing in front of you, so you might question yourself, and then it's hard to question yourself and you understand, Okay, look who's on the goddamn flow in front of me. There's only so much can I can I really complain?
Speaker 1: He said? Hold on, he said, bad, y'all got Holiday playing more minutes than me.
Speaker 2: But Holiday played his role. Holiday is a defensive, stopping play White. He's the defensive guy. And you saw a book books saying, hey, I go I play whatever they need. Y'all need me to just play defense. Because once Kobe set that template. Kobe say, hey, Ron Melo, y'all do what y'all do? I got defense right now? You see everybody throw that up? Hey, man, Kobe came over.
Speaker 1: Kobe.
Speaker 2: We wasn't try to score no part. Kobe's playing defense. And man said, well, I don't see no Kobe on this court, So I believe that rock. I need the scoring some uh, but I get it. Look, it's it's a it's a huge honor to go represent your country, to win that gold medal, to be on that podium with two other with two other teams, I think it was who was Serbia was the other team in France on that thing. France got the silver and I think Serbia. Yoki's team got there, got the bronze medal. And to hear that star spangle here your your national anthem being played. And now there's a huge honor. There's no greater than playing for your country.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You're also you're representing your country, but you're representing yourself, You're representing your family. I'm sure all those guys had parents and sisters and brothers over there that was watching and to be that because I'm sure everybody's watched the Olympics from the beginning of time. I remember, I think the first Olympics that I can remember. I vaguely remember Montreal in seventy six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, in.
Speaker 2: Eighty we boycotted the Soviet Games because of the invasion, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. They replayed returned to favor in eighty four when they were in la and then but eighty four is the Olympics that I vividly, vividly remember. I'm in high school obviously, and then eighty eight they're in Seoul. Ninety two I'm in the league. As a matter of fact, go too. That was my first whole out year. So I'm like, hey, I told my agency, hold up, I say, the Olympics, the Olympics about to start. Let's go like halfway through the libert let me see this CD race and let me see somebody racist. Uh Lyn for Christie won one hundred meters that year. But anyway, but that's a huge accomplishment, ought cha. I mean to go and to see all those other countries and to be at the venues and you know the guys going to check out the swimming and they go in too and see track and field. I can just imagine if you played in the Olympics and you got an opportunity to see you Usain boat run, when you got an opportunity to see Michael Phelps swim, or you get an opportunity to see some own bows do it whatever? A bowels that move that she got so many moves named after I guess now, you know, you gotta you go and you look for Katie Ladecy because she's the great American swimmer. Andrew marshawn h the Frenchman. Uh, you know you might want to watch him, but he's from another country. But to see you saying, and to see Michael Phelps and to see some.
Speaker 1: Of these greats, that's what I'd be wanting to do. Hey, get off your feet. I'm gonna be. I'm gonna be one.
Speaker 4: I'm going to watch everybody else. I'm going to watch, yes, everybody, yes.
Speaker 1: Me but me.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you know what I like. I'm gonna go watch. I'm gonna go watch wrestling. I like weightlifting. I'm gonna go watch sports like that. Yeah, yes, I would love to see the swimming and stuff. But I'm but the weight lifting and the wrestling. Cotch you boy. That's why I'm gonna be. That's that's why I'm gonna be. But but I'm glad. Halliburton said that because a lot of times, don't jo people think because you make a lot of money, you should have so money do us away with all your feelings, all your emotions. You're devoid of those now, hurt, anger, frustration, anxiety. Straight you, man, you make two hundred million, you make three hundred.
Speaker 1: Million, You're supposed to be devoid of those.
Speaker 2: Now all you do is have money to throw at things to make things better. You get better insurance, you got platinum insurance, and you got money to try to solve and resolve or fix problems. But it doesn't make you exipt from the problems. Yeah, guess what if that was the case. There are all the people that got that money, they still be here. They'll be three, four, five, six, seven hundred years old. They be older than Methusla. So clearly, money does not absolve you from things that happen to people in society. You might have a better mechanism in order to deal with as far as therapists and people to talk about do and do certain things, don't Joe, But money does not absolve you from problems that impact people that doesn't have money. And I think people need to understand that. People think money I don't problems.
Speaker 4: I don't think they would never never understand it. Because of the amount of money that athletes make today. They you know, if they were in that position, they would have no problems because.
Speaker 1: They would right now?
Speaker 3: Is the money.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: They feel that money would cure everything.
Speaker 4: They feel a cure everything, and it just doesn't especial for athletes that have issues like not getting the minutes you want to play and having to joke about it at the goddamn Olympics. Well, how could you be upset if so and so, Bro, you got two hundred million, Bro, Because I have emotions. I'm not a robot for I haven't been programmed not to have not to feel anger, not to feel frustration, not to be upset, not to be disappointed.
Speaker 1: I'm not programming.
Speaker 2: I'm a human being, have a mind, I have a heart, and things upset people. Things cause people to get angry or frustrated. You get your heart broken.
Speaker 1: It happens.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad I have had shared those comments and he's playing extremely well. You're definitely proving that all those people that thought you were overrated.
Speaker 1: Keep it going.
Speaker 2: The Browns crowded quarterback room, Oh Joe, couldn't make for some awkward moments, but that's not been the case. The courting to your dure sadness, your door said. The vibe in the QB room is positive everybody's cool. Outside the room, people try to put us against each other, but inside the room, we know where one. We're all different characters. It's funny going in there seeing Joe Day. It's fun to see him because I like, wow, I really mean Joe Flackell right now, we're on the same team then, of course kidding. The experience he's been in the league with these two is cool and to see the process of it. And DeShawn, of course he's active in there and he's all in the meeting, so it's cool talking to him. Why so, yes, only one quarterback can play. We understand that. So because only one quarterback, this isn't Hunger Games, you know, I mean I think that, you know people think I think sometimes, don't Joe. People try to pick like it's a Hunger Games, like you could have only one winner. Yes, there's only gonna be one guy that's gonna be able to play at a time. But I'm not trying to sabotage it. I'm gonna go in there hopefully he can part and part some wisdom. Joe Flackell has been in this thing a very very long time. What is this year seventeen eighteen for.
Speaker 4: Joe super Bowl winning quarterback at that Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gotta be at least seventeen in two thousand and nine was a rookie year two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is year So this is your seventeen eighteen Okay. Yeah, So hey, hopefully I can get something from Joe. Can't The Pikett has been in the league for a while. I don't know I'm gonna get too much from him, but you know, hey, let's let's let's see how it go. But maybe so what so so what, I'm just trying to figure out what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I understand, Oh, Joe, when you when you were in a.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver room, yeah, I mean y'all have it wasn't a whole bunch of three. Why there's two wide receivers. Yeah, everybody wanted to play. I'm not trying to sabotage anybody, so I can play in front of them. If you beat me out for the job, ain't gonna happen. But with you the best, Yeah, most definities. And we know we know what the Pegan order is gonna be. We know what the Pegan order's gonna be based on what we saw from rookie camp. After they got after they got drafted. Listen the eye tests. It doesn't lie. And some eye tests.
Speaker 4: When you've seen the quarterbacks that came in their rookie year, you already know who's the best.
Speaker 3: You already know who it is. So Flacco's going to be the starter at some point.
Speaker 4: If Flaco's not playing well, Shadoor Sansers, Shadore Standers will step in and be the quarterback.
Speaker 3: In the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just how it's going to know, is how it always plays out every single time, just not.
Speaker 3: In this situation, in any situation.
Speaker 4: Maybe this one is a little bit a little different because it is Shadori, the fifth round pick.
Speaker 3: He's very very well known, and his last name of Santas.
Speaker 4: But these things like this happen all the time, and it all plays out the same way.
Speaker 1: The cream always rises to the top. It never settles on the bottom.
Speaker 2: And if chador is what he believes he is and his supporters believe he is, when the opportunity presents himself, he'll get in there and he won't look back. Same thing what happened with Tom Brady. Tom Brady came into the sixth round draft pick. He really he didn't play his rookie year and he was sitting the bench startup in sophomore year. Guy gets hurt, he goes in and he doesn't look back. Lou Garry was not starting at first base whilely Pip was, and one day he had a headache.
Speaker 1: And guess what, O Joe.
Speaker 2: He never got back on first base again unless he was dher and I don't think they had the DH back then. So it happens. It's just when your opportunity, when the opportunity presents itself. That's what luck is. You know what luck is when preparation meets opportunity, the opportunity. Yeah, yeah, if you're prepared when the opportunity presents itself, doesn't matter whether it's in sports, whether it's in media. You know people ask undisputed, well how about you, bro, I just waiting for that opportunity.
Speaker 1: I was prepared.
Speaker 2: I was prepared a lifetime, my knowledge of studying and going over stuff and watching sports very intently. You hear corn break say, man, damn, look at you breaking the game down. I wouldn't think you breaking down like that. You would like a fan. But when you watch and you study knowing that the opportunity is gonna present itself because you know, people don't.
Speaker 1: Plan to fail.
Speaker 2: They failed to plan, right, So all I'm doing is hoarding information, studying opportunity for such it's gonna come, it's gonna happen, and when it does, be ready we put this together. Man, I think that I could. I could do it my own thing. I could do this. I just need somebody to do the bounsi. Hey, that entertaining can bounce stuff off of Hey, don't Joe what you think about this? Damn you gonna do it? I want to do it too, Yeah, let's do it mm hmm. But the opportunity. A lot of times people get the opportunity. Ah, man, they messed over me. Know, you weren't prepared, You wasn't ready, You weren't ready. So hey, now you gotta don't when when things don't happen, no somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I hate what could you have done differently? What could you have done better?
Speaker 4: And you know you know what I also hate on is when people know a situation, people know a situation is bad, and they always find an excuse instead of doing what they need to do, instead of doing what's necessary to fix, say, a situation, but blame everything else going on around.
Speaker 3: I thought that that urged me. That urgs it.
Speaker 2: Because it's easy to blame someone else than to blame yourself. Because if I were to put that on me, oh joe, that means that something about me is wrong.
Speaker 1: Who wants to admit that there's something wrong with them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Accountability, Yeah, it'd be the first to raise my hand in situations that I put Sheldon Shelden done this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm big. I'm big on accountability. Same. If I fuck up, you got you have to own up to it. You have to.
Speaker 2: That's the only way that and look it happens. Don't beat yourself up about it too much. Hey, you're gonna go through those emotions like damn really, but then hey, pick yourself up. God is good and good adding bad, He's still God and good add in bad.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna see what you doing.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get in there when he gets his opportunity to take the most of.
Speaker 1: It, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: A lot has been made about Sam Laporta's decreased production in the sophomore season with the Lambs. Laporter was targeted one hundred and twenty times in twenty twenty three and just eighty three times in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Expect that's thirty seven fewer targets with what they expect.
Speaker 4: Uncle, you got Jamison Williams, you got a manha On Saint Brown, you got Jamia Gibbs, You've got Damn Montgomery in the backfield.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously you got the guy.
Speaker 2: I was the guy that came from came from Denver, I forget his name.
Speaker 1: He played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we saw his receiving yards and toastyah totals saw a depth laporter defending himself against critics today using too many miles to feed.
Speaker 1: In this argument, I felt like I stepp, Yes, you said it.
Speaker 3: I mean you can see that from a mile of any but that's extract.
Speaker 2: So if so, I mean you look when you got m R. Sick Brown catching obaham so how many people you think they gonna they can throw it? They can catch a hundred balls you put a lot of. I mean, yeah, Kelsey's numbers are down, but obviously you see other people numbers tick up.
Speaker 1: That's just the way it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so you want Armond Ross Saint Brown, I mean you have to catch the app like one ten, one fifteen. Okay, he gets one fifteen. Now you want the port to have what one ten? Let's just say you want him to have ninety? Okay, how many James and Williams get? How many gonna throw the gibs out of the backfield. I felt like I was still very policy receiver in the past game, but I keep hearing comments maybe like this off He's like, why do you get the ball as much? It's like, dude, we score the most points of any team in the NFL in the last five years, Like everybody deserves the ball. And I agree, I think I deserved the ball still, but I'm very pleased with hod blocked last year in the run game.
Speaker 1: See said they try to beat you and get your teammates. Yeah, get the ball. So if that means the fact, yeah I should. Yeah they should be throwing me the ball. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I understand he had this, but they need to get me to rock you see how they try to do that on Joe. Always winning ain't enough. I feel bad for you guys because it seemed like me some of y'all had them on y'all fantasy team.
Speaker 4: That's probably what it was right down, That's what it seemed like not getting the ball, worried about the god damn fantasy.
Speaker 2: You know what, but fantasy or they parlay in fantasy and parlay though, Joe, everybody, damn you messed my parlay up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't know what to tell you. I ain't messed my game up.
Speaker 2: We want That's all I really care about all that other stuff and that if y'all.
Speaker 1: Gonna break me off, so wie, y'all break me up?
Speaker 2: When I scored three touchdown and half one hundred yards, y'all livet say a man, man, you want my fantasy for me today?
Speaker 1: You want my party? Let me break you off.
Speaker 3: Something, send me a little check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all you do is eight man, I remember that time you want me my fantasy league. Okay, let me get something there. Oh man, you you won't. Yeah, yeah, you told me That's what I did it, Yes, right. Chicago Bears head coach Ben Johnson is already tweaking Caleb Williams mechanic issue. The second year quarterback has adjusted his stance and keep his left foot forward before the snap. Ben Johnson says, I've done it in a number of ways in my time in the league, and really over the last few years, I kind of gravitated towards that. It's something that I feel pretty strongly about. He and I talked about it. The reason why we want to do it. I think it helps out certainly with the quick game from the gun, and it helps us being a little bit better of throwing a posture.
Speaker 1: For Lack a lot of other things that we're asking him to do.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, do you like this and do you expect big things from Caleb Williams in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 4: I absolutely do expect big things from Caleb Williams, understanding how good he is already tremendous, tremendous athleticis tom he has a very strong arm, and he's a dual threat quarterback. With the addition of Ben Johnson and the creativity that he's able to bring to that offense, and but what Caleb can do, I think it's going to be that much better for them offensively. I'm excited. I'm excited for him. The little twists and nuances that that he's that he's changing in Caleb's game is really interesting.
Speaker 3: Probably allowing Caleb.
Speaker 4: To get to get to it and drops a little faster and being able to process information a little faster, especially in the quick game, and I think it's going to help him the long run. People that might not like Kater Williams for personal reasons based on what he likes to do and enjoy.
Speaker 1: Off the field, I think I think that.
Speaker 2: I think it's because of what he said, how and his dad said they didn't want to go to Chicago.
Speaker 1: I think people are still holding that against him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that just came out before they even came out, just to some of the things he did. When if they see and some of the things, you know, the painting the nails on they I mean, let's just personal stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Outside of what just came out, I think they're gonna be alright.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna be all right simply because of not only the supporting cast he has around, been getting a coach, a winning coach like Ben Johnson, there is gonna it's gonna do wonders for him.
Speaker 2: If it's gonna help us with more games, help I pay for him to get a painted I pay for him to get a man of cure. Right, I'm trying to do is win game. I don't and I don't care about what somebody else do. They got nothing to do with me. Joe him painting his nail, painting his toe nails. Yeah, he wanted to die his hair pink, green, blue, have a blonde trap. I don't give a d You a football player. You the quarterback of the team. Discover the football is it? We have more positive than negative, and we're good all that other stuff. Then I'm telling you, guys don't care. Guys want to win. So what's somebody do in their spare time?
Speaker 3: As on them?
Speaker 1: But the man that in my hands live here.
Speaker 2: You're right, hey, just be a good teammate. Let's come in here, hey and work. Where are you from? What you did? Okay? That's why so hard to win a championship in football, because you got so many guys from so many different backgrounds and you ask them to do one thing, come together and make a fabulous dish. Mm hm, that's that's what you're asking. But I think Caleb, I think kayleb is gonna be doing really well. They revapped his offensive line. They signed Joe Thuney. Uh, they got the guy from They got a guy from the center from the Fiuctons. I think they got an offensive lineman from the uh the Chargers.
Speaker 1: They've done a great job. You know, Roman dudes.
Speaker 2: They DJ Moore, they got the tight end, drafted him first in the first run from Michigan, pairing with Cole Komet got nice running games. Like defensive they're gonna be they're gonna be good. Offense they're gonna be much better. So with the office being much better, I think, you know, you take some of the pressure off the defense.
Speaker 1: And the best weep. Sometimes the best way to the help.
Speaker 2: Of defense that's not very good is to keep dance off the field the offense. You're still in the field for the extended period of time, and we don't let them get on the field. The bad things happen when they get on the field. But I think Caleb Williams is going to be really, really good this year. I think Johnson and say he's gonna take.
Speaker 4: A huge leads, huge lea and gonna surprise a lot of people. Every year, it is always a team, and to me, I think the Bears might be that team. Every the same teams are always in contention, always an intention. Now understanding the division they playing Packers, you know, I understand Packers, Lions. I understand that, but I think they're going to be that team that takes that leap this year that surprises everybody.
Speaker 2: I think the fingers ohoe, they're gonna have to in order for them to make the playoffs. You got the Lions, you got the Packers, you got the Vikes. The Lions what lost what one game? Maybe two games? The Vikings lost what two games? Maybe three games? The Packers were ten and seven, So you're looking to probably have to go ten and seven, eleven and six just to make the playoffs. The Lions might take a step back, but from the offensive play call this situation, but I think they're gonna be just as good.
Speaker 1: Are they fifteen? Are they gonna be fifteen and two? Maybe not?
Speaker 2: Maybe not, But it's hard for see them them stepping off a cliff and all of a sudden they win fifteen games and he dropped down to ten. I think they get some of those guys on the defensive side back healthy. Offensively, they still gonna be able to put up points. Jam Gibbs a special Army Ross Saint Brown. Jamison willis to Brian that Brian Bridge boy, m.
Speaker 3: Hey, he is the real deal.
Speaker 2: They got Joel Joseph at Like I said, they just need to get them some of those guys that was injured last year.
Speaker 1: Get those guys back, those guys back.
Speaker 3: Healthy, coming back.
Speaker 2: Hutcherson I just read. I think he's he's been cleared. He's a full goal now. I think the big d tackle of McNeil, I think he got injured. He should be able to go. One of the linebackers got injured. He should be able to go. You know, they had a lot of guys from injured reserve last year. You know, we're not going to make an excuse to give Washington credit. Washington winning there, took it to him. They scored, They did a great job of taking the ball away from Jared Goff. The one thing that you know we know about golf, he has the ability to throw you five tests down, but he can throw five intercessions too. And you know he had he picked the worst time to have probably his worst game, his second worst game of the season. The worst game was what he had in Houston. He threw five picks and they still won the game. But this one, those turnovers, they didn't win the game. And it's so yeah, but I definitely think Caleb william Is gonna have to take a huge step forward. I think he's gonna take a huge step forward. You talk about a guy to have great improvisational skill, arm slots in which you could throw the ball from the three quarters.
Speaker 1: The side, over the top. He get the ball like.
Speaker 2: Quick, and you know he's changed his motion because sometimes we just want to hey, hey, just up and throw the football. Basically, get a grip and let it grip. So I'm anxious to see. I want him to do extremely well. I don't have a problem with his dad dead. His dad try to put him in the best situation possible. He didn't think Chicago was the best situation possible, but I think Caleb realized that's they're a great situation. He had a great offensive mind coming in, a great head coach that's gonna be working a lot step with him. He can't he can't ask for anything more than that.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: Just an opportunity to get coached, coached really really well, good really good players around him. Now, you just go do your job. I believe that's what he's gonna do. I believe, I absolutely believe that's what he's gonna do. You don't have the counter production that he had at USC and you saw the flashes. You saw the flashes last year of what he can be. As a matter of fact, on thanksgive it, they was down real bad.
Speaker 1: Now you know situation.
Speaker 2: There are some miscommunication about do we spike the ball or they let a lot of time run off and stuff like that, and he ended up getting sacked.
Speaker 1: But a lot of stuff that you chalk up as a rookie.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you see I don't think we see those same mistakes this year. I'm excited to see what the future holds for this young man because I think he can be special. He's gonna have to be because look at the quarterbacks in that division, look at the teams in that division, and I'm sure Barry fans like man, I want to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I want a chance to compete for a two ball, and he gives them the opportunity.
Speaker 2: We'll see what they're gonna be overall as a team, especially when it comes to the defensive side, because we see the improvement from a head coach standpoint, from the offensive line, what they've redone that now is gonna come down to defensively.
Speaker 1: Are they gonna be able to stop people.
Speaker 2: They got some good players back there, So I'm anxious to see what the Bears can do on this one. That it's gonna be a Bear's gonna head. I think they're gonna surprise some people, O Joe. I think they're gonna put some points on the bard. I think they're gonna really surprise some people. Which of these teams will break their long awaited first Super Bowl win? Cardinals, it's been seventy eight years. They last played in the nineteen seventy eight forty seven No. Nineteen forty seven NFL Championship. Number two of the Lions sixty eight years, nineteen fifty seven, Vikings sixty four years. They joined the NFL in nineteen sixty one. The Browns sixty years, nineteen sixty four NFL Championship.
Speaker 1: Falcons fifty nine years.
Speaker 2: They joined the NFL in nineteen sixty six, the first overall draft pick number one, the Man in the Middle, Tommy Nobs Buffalo Bills fifty nine years. They joined the NFL in nineteen sixty six. The Chargers fifty nine years they joined nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 1: AFL No. They came into AFL started nineteen six.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken eny Le Titans fifty nine years they joined nineteen sixty six, The Bengals joined the NFL nineteen sixty eight, Jets fifty six years, Super Bowl three nineteen sixty nine. Of those teams, lo Jo, who's getting that championship this year?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, oh this year, I don't know. I mean in the coming years.
Speaker 3: The closest two teams that everybody that you name that actually have a chance, a realistic chance that winning championship, or the Bills in the Bengals, honestly, and it's simply because of the quarterbacks at the helm.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we're being honest, everybody that you just ran down, they had their best chance winning a championship at some point in the next five to seven years.
Speaker 1: Everyone else, Eh, nothing, Jets, Faculty, Brown, No, No, that Cardinals. No.
Speaker 3: And this is no disrespect to those teams.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying that the makeup the makeup, and and it's just it's not happening. The Bills I can see it. The Bengals, I can see it. You know, there's certain things we I mean, obviously the Bengals need to do starting early, starting fast, earlier in the season. If they could. They've already been to a Super Bowl, they just didn't god damn winning, so they can damn sure get back.
Speaker 3: The Bills are right there, They're on the cusp of being there.
Speaker 4: So as long as as long as Josh Allen is there, they will be back again.
Speaker 3: In contention, every god damn year.
Speaker 2: But your report serves today of Joe Milton dazzling in Cowboys practice, Joe Milton freak his talents reportedly left his new team Mason coaches stunned despite no pageant recent Cowboys practices. One NFL Scott reportedly believes Milton has the most live arm of any NFF any quarterback in the NFL and has a chance to flourish in.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys qb room.
Speaker 2: Brian Schottenheimer is reportedly all in on Milton and believes the sky is the limit for Milton in the league. Since joining the Cowboys, Milton has reportedly been the hardest worker, being the first one in the building and one of the last ones out on multiple occasions. Milton has reportedly already made some eye opening throws eye opening play excuse me in including an incredible throws and twenty yard scramble.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Is Jerry putting these reports out? Is he the one that just got these backtack Just then Steason got this tattoo. I think you just got a tattoo.
Speaker 4: It's a few players that did into this offseason. It's a few of them.
Speaker 1: I think you just got a back tattoo.
Speaker 2: A side he got some got a Torso yeah, I've heard, I've heard thinking about that.
Speaker 4: You thank you, hey, hey, y list and that even Jerry is putting he puts out and you posts me nothing, you know, going to get yourself in helmets and shorts and nothing. Having a live arm is a good attribute to have, but it's so much more to playing the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: You know, I like I like him and in general, but.
Speaker 4: There's there's so much more to the game itself outside of what they're seeing in shorts and helmets. Uh to be a quarterback extressly playing in the pressure situation if you're the starter for the god damn team that wear the star on his helmet.
Speaker 3: So I mean they need to slow down a little bit.
Speaker 4: But with with the reports and then the excitement and the flashes of of what you're seeing against yourselves, because it means nothing when those bullets are firing for real on a Sunday at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: I mean, he shore where was he at last year? Wasn't he in?
Speaker 2: Where was he New England? And he showed some flashes old Joe running around throwing the ball on the move, and I think he is gonna have some better offensive talent. Now, I'm not saying he gonna beat that out. He ain't beating that out. You got sixty million dollars. You're not finnha put a sixty million dollars. I don't care if Joe Milk can look like Patrick Mahomes in his second year. He said, you're in the NFL where he threw at fifty five thousand yards and fifty touchdown.
Speaker 1: You ain't putting those sixty million dollars quarterback on the bench.
Speaker 2: So maybe that gives Jerry calls to pause or maybe extending. But I don't see the scenario where Milton Milton beat beat back out. What yeah, all right over, Joe, We're gonna get you out of this one. Now, it's time for our final segment of the evening. Is time for Q and eight? Nick guel So Corn Brad Maxwell equals MVP Yes, the number twelve pick out of UNC Charlotte nineteen eighty one finals MVP. When they beat the they beat the Houston Rockets or the two Danny Little John, stephen A, Spike Lee are losing their mind. They are they are? They are? They are? I know, Spike sick. Stephen A's sick, Spike just sicker.
Speaker 3: Hey, I hope that they can do something. I'm not sure what they can do.
Speaker 2: You gotta get Game three is an absolute must, don't yo strange, Shane.
Speaker 1: Three is an absolute must.
Speaker 2: Gold Standards said Jordan is the goat, and unk knows it. Jordan the only go Jordan didn't have to say he was to go. It was just a fact. But non goal Lebron and it's Smith Simps say Lebron.
Speaker 1: Is the goat.
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, people declared Jordan to goat when he had no rings. HM, go back and look at when they look at Sports Illustrated when they said this is the greatest basketball player ever.
Speaker 1: He had no rings. He had never even been to an NBA finals. So what made him to go? Ballot play?
Speaker 3: Aura mannerisms, the way he carried himself.
Speaker 1: He had no championships.
Speaker 2: I thought you said, you can be great without winning championships, but in order to be the great test eft on the end of great, you needed to have championships. He had none. So tell me when they put that on Sports Illustrated, what made him to go over Kareem Right? What made him to go over Magic who at the time had five championships and had three finals MVPs along with three regular seas MVPs. Along with my lad Bird who had eighty four, eighty five, eighty six.
Speaker 1: He's the last guy to.
Speaker 2: Win three consecutive MVPs who had two finals MVPs. What made Michael Jordan at the time when they said he was the goat the goat over a guy that had six rings, six MVPs, two finals MVPs. He was a four time scoring champ of six times, rebounds of rebound champ, block shot champ. And I guess what, oh Joe, He had been the nineteen All Star Games, he was a eleven time All Defensive player, a fifty one fifteen times All NBA selection.
Speaker 1: So I'm just trying to figure out how did we come to that conclusion?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You cannot You can say if you want to say, Jordan now, But they declared him to go when he didn't have any championships. So once you declared somebody something, how do you take it away from him?
Speaker 1: Even?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, if I'm a doctor, you take my medical license, I might not be able to practice, but I'm still a doctor. You take my law license. I might not be able to practice, but I'm still a lawyer. You bestowed the title upon him, and he didn't have anything to back it up. So how do you take that away from him now that he has what he has?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you can't Toya's and this and this and never any discussion.
Speaker 1: He is not never end appreciate that gold standard bron to god.
Speaker 2: J j said, Uh, why don't the star players guard each other?
Speaker 1: They used to, but now not not always.
Speaker 2: Jordan de Luck sometimes took it upon himself. But if you go back and look, a lot of times Scotty guarded the opposing team's best player, especially if it was a wing, point guard, shooting guard, small forward. Kobe would like that a challenge sometimes, but you wanted to save that guy for the offensive end. You didn't want him spending all his energy trying to defend.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Go back, you know, Magic. Johnson wasn't guarding Michael Jordan. He wasn't your guarden, Clyde Drexler. You try to give him somebody that that's not going to call them to exert a lot just the way it is, Desha take Carl Lock. So it's okay for Caleb, but not Pretty to have a cast. Bro, did you listen to what we said last night? Did you listen? I said, let's not, let's not do that because everybody have star players.
Speaker 1: All I said is that I don't.
Speaker 2: Feel a situation where he elevates, not taking anything away from Pretty. Perdy just earned everything that he's giddy. But see, you don't listen, and you I appreciate the question, DeSante, but listen, listen. Yeah, it's okay for him to happen. But did anybody say Caleb was a top ten quarterback?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: You checking keeping on with JR? My question, who would you take in a wrap battle? Little way and a drake.
Speaker 1: From fifty two hundred from O Joe Wayne Wayne?
Speaker 3: And what kind of was that even a question? Who asked you?
Speaker 1: Y'all? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm taking anybody over Wayne Prime, Wayne.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm taking anybody. I don't.
Speaker 2: That boy got Bison, greatman. You talk about you talking about nas, you talk about m you talk about whole. Yeah, I mean lyricist. You wanna say lyricists, KRS one, Big Daddy Kane, I'm taking with the baby Pop Biggie s. Matter of preference, matter of choice. Like I said, I'm a little older than the guy. So I remember listening to KRS one, I remember listening to Big Daddy Cave.
Speaker 1: It all depends.
Speaker 2: But oh Joe, it will be ten four hundred if he tells Drake and I like Drake, Nick Mars. This money thing has gotta be gotta be out by now. Even if Ocho had Bathos money, he wouldn't. Yeah, yeah, you you're right. I'm starting to get I'm starting to get the feeling. Oh you ain't gonna run me my money.
Speaker 1: Man, right right? You know this is me man.
Speaker 4: You know how black folk kid, we don't do nothing on time. I'm gonna get it to you. I mean, I'm definitely gonna get.
Speaker 3: It to you. Okay, Yeah, ain't no problem, ain't no issue.
Speaker 1: I might have to say, you know who over there to collect my money.
Speaker 2: So when she come up, when she come over there to break to drop them, drop them jerseys off? Yeah, exchange jerseys fifty two hundred in my pocket? Can we do that even for a noose window?
Speaker 4: I got I gotta I gotta check. I gotta check what the missus make sure it's okay.
Speaker 2: Now, you told me yesterday to send it. Do you know who she would bring you to drop the jerseys off? All I've said, can I get my fifty nine hundred right?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 4: I gotta check with the missus, make sure because because you know, it's a it's a it's a a new sheriff in time man.
Speaker 1: So man, don't be like that. I'm done.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you. It's a new sheriff in town. So things ain't what it used to be. Some of the things we used to be able to do, we really can't do no more. So I got to make sure.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, Yeah, okay, I get it. Okay, no problem. I don't want to get it. I don't want no problem.
Speaker 4: Which shoot, I don't want no problems either, no problem.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what you're gonna do. Joe, Let me get those right there, thank there.
Speaker 2: Let me yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, may.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, sitting with jerseys man, So I'm still trying to I'm still trying to understand.
Speaker 3: How did you get my daalue got my damn jersey?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Is that the pat y'all be happy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's the high time passed man mining beach man mine be senior high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying, how.
Speaker 3: Do you how do you even order that?
Speaker 1: This? This this late the game? Capt what see there you go? I mean I'm curious.
Speaker 2: I ran with the red with night, but this white one I ain't that years And if you don't give you about fifty nine hundred, you won't see it again. Hey, how you got that? I'm gonna go by to school. I'm gonna go by to school tomorrow Saturday, though, yep, and guess.
Speaker 1: What is the weekend? Late? A Memorial Day weekend? They ain't got nothing for you? Hey, it is Memorial wee getting on? Yeah, but what you're gonna do?
Speaker 3: You from the cook.
Speaker 1: Man look at it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't got me a haircut today after the laid back okay, tomorrow'n work out?
Speaker 3: Who gets a haircut and goes and laid back? Most of the time you get your haircut. You know, you want to be seen. That's the point of getting a haircut.
Speaker 1: I might go get a colored man. Look at that? All that great?
Speaker 4: Oh Joe damn Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, there you go, there you go where bad?
Speaker 3: I'm getting ready to go out right now?
Speaker 1: Who I were mean? Ah?
Speaker 4: Man, the missis you're finna go to booby Trap? Yeah I heard, I listened I Area twenty nine. It left such a such a prop such a positive impact on my life.
Speaker 3: I want to see what the fuss is about booby Trap.
Speaker 4: So I want to see the comparison between Area twenty nine and Houston and booby Trap on the River that I heard so many stories about.
Speaker 1: So I check back in which he let you know, let you know Sunday June and June said, better punch lines, Wayne or Loud.
Speaker 3: It's so different, completely different, very good punch lines.
Speaker 4: Though, Hey them boy, them boys wordplay man they are some mother they or.
Speaker 1: Some yeah.
Speaker 2: Man it used to be man, Well, Lula had a stretch that man that bluea dropped on the feature.
Speaker 1: You know it was gonna be hooked? What time it was? PJ P eleven.
Speaker 2: Who's the most underrated underrated wide receiver, a tight end from your eras might not have been Pro Bowls, all pro, but they were forced on the field. I grew up in the Olcho era, So I say Santown and Moss and Dallas.
Speaker 1: Clark my era. Then that's so long as over that.
Speaker 2: No, damn, y'all, do realize I ain't played in two decades, right? Who was underrated I played with? You know, I wouldn't say he's underrated, but I just think the thing is is that, you know, he was kind of in the same era that I was in. He was a year younger than me, being Ben Coles. Uh, and his teams didn't win like my team's won. Now he did win. He came here. We both went to Baltimore in two thousand and it was great playing with him because, like I said, I took him on his first of a visit to Savannah State.
Speaker 1: So it was great too. And we made so many Pro Bowls together. Oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean in the AFC, when when I was in my prime and he was in his prime, you weren't going to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: If your name wasn't Sharper coach, you were not going right, So wide receiver, who wide receiver, Jimmy Smith Jeorg.
Speaker 3: Jimmy was that boy man that morefold was bad.
Speaker 2: Well, he was that that joker man that joke that speed out.
Speaker 1: I joke a fall off the table, O joe.
Speaker 3: They smooth and bad boy Mark. Hey, we're now put that thing right on the button every time.
Speaker 1: Man with him Keenan.
Speaker 4: And the boy with nasty bro and they had fabulous Freddy Taylor. Yeah, I used to study I used to study Jay Spool but all.
Speaker 2: The boy Keenan, mccardiealker run round two people sleep on Keenan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Keenan was good boy, stopping to die. But Jimmy with that speed out.
Speaker 3: And that in Yeah, I used to study old Jay, smooth bro.
Speaker 2: I love Jimmy Ban You said, uncan, o yoe? How many games would the Cowboys win this year?
Speaker 1: And o Jo? Can you sing the national anthem for the chat? O joe? How many games were the Cowboys win? Hey?
Speaker 4: Listen, honestly, I like the Cowboys thirteen games win season, thirteen fourteen game win season.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: How many thirteen thirteen thirteen?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And I can say that I say that.
Speaker 1: I really think so.
Speaker 3: And I'm just I'm just basing everything from an offensive perspective. That's it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm I'm not sure what the defense gonna do, but I can tell you what they got damn offense is gonna do. Okay, Yeah, yeah, I'm standing on that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm not even a Cowboys fan.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm just understanding what Dak Brescott has at his disposal.
Speaker 1: That's all I know.
Speaker 3: That's all I know.
Speaker 1: That concludes this episode of night Cap. Thank you, guys for joining us.
Speaker 2: The Pacers take a commanding two lead They're gonna on the road, take both both road games. This game one fourteen to one on nine thanks to a sensational night from Pascal Siakam fifteen or twenty three, three or five from the three, six, six of eight from the free throw line, thirty nine big points. They have five other guys in double figures, Nie Smith, Miles Turner, nim Hard, Halliburton, and McConnell all scoring double figures as they beat the New York Knicks one fourteen to one oh nine.
Speaker 1: The Knicks have a huge uphill battle to Klan. Thank you for joining us. For another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts libing the city's own Bingo Ring of Fame Arno Reed Pro Bowler All Pro.
Speaker 1: That's Chad o Jo Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Want to give us special thanks to Sedric Cornbread Maxwell for joining us to help break down the game and talk all things NBA.
Speaker 1: He's a two time.
Speaker 2: Champs Finals MVP of the eighty one Finals. Sedric Cornbread Maxwell, thank you again.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: Next time you get some more time, stop buying holler at us again. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. I want to thank you each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support. O Cho and I greatly greatly appreciate what you've helped us accomplish thus far. None of this is possible without you, and thanks to you, we've been able to do accomplish a whole lot. So hopefully we'll continue to have your your trust, your lorty, and your support as we move forward. Please make sure you check out shape by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting Vsop Kangyact on the market. Try it for yourself. Don't take my word for it, but try it for yourself. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of this platform, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 1: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 2: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they are gone, So grab yours while you can. We're off tomorrow, but but we're back on Sunday. Thank you guys for joining us. Thank you guys for tuning in tonight. We appreciate it. We'll see you on Sunday. Enjoy your weekends. Stay safe out, dear people.
Speaker 3: The volume