Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike semper VV.
Speaker 3: When you're ready, When you're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday noon Pacific, three Eastern, Sunday's three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Sundays andrews Arian Fridays, semper VV and Filthy. Usually. I don't know what the plan is for tomorrow, but I ain't gonna be here. I have promise to take my children to the fair. That's going to be a full day excursion. We got a lot to get into here today, do we. Ever, it is a very very busy weekend. As noted yesterday we were joined on the show talking this whole Capital Collision by David Finley. It is tomorrow Mercedes Monette in the main event against Momo No. I wonder why we didn't get Mercedes on the show yesterday. But we will have a special guest coming up at some point that I'm working on that I guarantee everybody will be so excited when this person is on. But I'm not gonna set a date because I don't know when it will be. But we'll talk about Capital Collision. That was a clue, by the way. And also this weekend we have two WWE pay per views, Bash and Berlin is Saturday and No Mercy is Sunday. And the Bashi and Berlin show I think they got six matches this time and No Mercy as well. So if you're a fan of re action, man, have I got a weekend for you as well as New Japan. And of course we have got Collision and Rampage. Last night was dynamite, the follow up in some ways, in some ways not at all to the All In Show, which is far for the course. We'll talk about what happened and plenty of news as well, including yes, that Vince McMahon Netflix documentary will begin streaming in less than one month. That's right, we'll talk about that in so much more. Back in a moment, Observe Live.
Speaker 4: Low's No's Labor Day calls for big savings right now. Get up to forty percent off select major appliances, plus save up to seven hundred and fifty dollars when you buy two or more select major appliances price three hundred ninety six dollars more. And my Low's Rewards members get three bags of premium two cubic foot color molds for just ten dollars because Low's Those Home Improvement velope through nine to four while supplies last program subject to terms and conditions. Details of lows dot COM's last term subject to change. Most shopware excludes Alaskan Hawaii.
Speaker 5: I'm holding in my hand the American silver Eagle Dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history, and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that, however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars, So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American Silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right.
Speaker 6: Now eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty four.
Speaker 2: Keep listening for.
Speaker 7: A free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National Research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware and one third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer. And remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, So call right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight. That's eight hundred three five two seventy six eighteen.
Speaker 3: And here's the pitch.
Speaker 8: Want to score some runs with your family? How about an all inclusive, five day, four night vacation for two adults and two children at the Ocean Spa hotel and CanCon for only six hundred ninety nine dollars includes airport, pickup, hotel, and all food and drinks, including alcohol. And you can travel anytime in the next twelve months with no blackout dates. So visit Caancoonescapes dot com slash radio to book a family vacation for four for only six hundred ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 9: Going Going Gone with cancoon Escapes dot com slash Radio.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live like semper vv also Wrestling Observer dot com. Well that Vince McMahon deal's coming out. It's titled Mister McMahon. This was a Netflix documentary that started in twenty twenty that's when development began, taking almost five years, and they worked on it and Vince, Vince was initially I mean, he was part of it, and you know what, you know what you know, you know how that Vince operates. He'll say, I want it to be fair. I wanted to be the good, good and the bad kind of like how you know, back in the day, he would tell people like I want you to I want you to fight me on things. But then of course when you did, he would be really angry about it. He would say one thing, but then is that surprising? But anyway, then everything went down and now he's gone, and so everything got put on hold because I got to figure out what to do. So now we're going to get it. The docuseries available on Netflix Wednesday, September twenty fifth, Evolving along the Way Oh Sure Did, six one hour episodes, produced by Bill Simmons and Tiger King executive producer Chris Smith. Poster for the series describes McMahon as both a mastermind and a madman, says, mister McMahon chronicles a rise and fall of Vince McMahon, controversial businessman and co founder of WWE, from his transformation of the WWE from a small regional business into a global entertainment powerhouse to the explosive sexual misconduct allegations that led to his eventual resignation. His Resignation six episode series offers a deep dive into McMahon's life and his endearing franchise. Two hundred hours of interviews with McMahon himself prior to his resignation, family members, business associates, some of the most iconic names in wrestling history, journalists, et cetera. So we'll see. We'll see about this documentary. I mean, it could be great, It could be terrible, could be in the middle. I know that's you know, real shocking, but I mean, and honestly could be This could be one of the best documentaries ever since half of it was done after he was ousted. It had absolutely no control over it whatsoever. It could be terrible, you know, it could be just a bunch of bs and et cetera. It could be somewhere in the middle. If if I had to make my guess, I'd say probably somewhere in the middle. But we shall see.
Speaker 3: What day does this date?
Speaker 1: On September something or other?
Speaker 3: That Wrestling observer Radio Well.
Speaker 1: Brother it's gonna be six weeks, so it's gonna be let me retire before then. But yeah, that's it. You know what else coming up in September the CMLL ninety first Anniversary show with the debut of Orange Cassidy. He's been added to the event. Orange Cassidy gets to work Arena Mexico.
Speaker 3: Seems like it's a very good fit.
Speaker 1: Yes, him and Rocky and Satoshi ko Jima versus Volador Junior, Atlantis Junior and Ultimo Guerrero. So yeah, Chris Jericho will make his return. He'll take on Mystico on that show. And uh yeah, not the first time we have seen a w stars in Arena Mexico. Now it's the place to be. Everybody wants to go. So where's Cassidy next on the list?
Speaker 3: Did you ever want to wrestle in Mexico?
Speaker 1: To how don't even want to travel to Mexico? I had Mexico come to me. I once wrestled Los Vianos, that's true. Yeah, for the for the UWA tag team titles. Couldn't put it on my resume. Didn't win that one. It was only one of the Vianos was deceased. Mike so it was a tag match. Yeah, I can't remember who my partner was actually, now they think about it, I didn't care about him, cared about the Vianos. Might have been Matt Farmer for all I know. I don't think it was, though, God, who was my partner in that?
Speaker 3: How do you say potato and Spanish plotato.
Speaker 1: When he was planning to come out of retirement for one final match, Mick Foley considered MJF being his opponent. He was considering having one last match for his sixtieth birthday in twenty twenty five, but he suffered a concussion while only doing light training decided that ain't happening. He stated that if he had gone through with the idea, he probably would have chosen MJF. When I was thinking of having that last match, I'll tell you what. When I announced the attention, there was no shortage of people from every promotion reaching out to me, and one guy probably would have gone with because he'd clearly done some thinking about it and lined out six great weeks of TV. Was MJF. That sounds like MJF. We didn't take a photo together because we didn't want to, like ruin a secret meeting. But I heard that he had to say. I really liked it. I heard what he had to say. Had no doubt we would have pulled it off perfectly. He's so good and in his prime. Abe, he's on his prime. He's only like twenty six. He could have worked around my weaknesses, played to my strengths. I think we could have done something pretty cool. MJF final answer, but uh not looking good.
Speaker 3: So six weeks of TV for AW? Or could this have been for anybody? Could they have had their own Netflix series? Nick Foley's last match with MJF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't think he's having that match.
Speaker 3: I don't know how the match would have been, but the microphone battle would have been pretty darn good, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Uh AW has announced a date for the taping of Battle of the Belts twelve. Hopefully we'll have some title matches on this one.
Speaker 3: When is this taped?
Speaker 1: Alongside Collision? October seventeenth, Stockton, California. The They have a promotional poster with names on it, but it's kind of like a it's for a Collision and Battle of the Belts, so it doesn't really tell you anything. But hey, at least I gotta say the last Battle of the Belts, we did have a tag team title change, that six man tag team title change with Dustin and the Van Erks beating the Undisputed Kingdom, and then we also had three non tie matches Battle of the Belts for that show.
Speaker 3: So hey, that part of my request for this next WBD deal is no more Battle.
Speaker 1: Of the Belts. Yeah, well, I think you're going to have more Battle of the Belts to be honest, super so uh why oh this person here says, why is the Vienno's match not on Cage Match? Let me tell you something, everybody does anybody know when cage match actually like started? How old is it? How old is cage match? Mid midds like the two thousand, somewhere in the two thousands would so, okay, well I started wrestling. If you don't count the YWF, which now I do aftery saw some people have counted some of their career. But if you don't count it, which some people would not, then I debuted a ninety eight. Do you know how many matches of mine are not on Cage Match? I mean literally probably over a hundred. So no, it's not on Cage Match, many many other matches. I doubt it.
Speaker 3: The wrestler pages.
Speaker 1: How many matches have for me on cage Match. It's one of the irritating things about Cage Match.
Speaker 3: How many of those matches did you win? I?
Speaker 1: Well, it depends on who is wrestling Tim Flower, zero, Buddy many. Let's see what it says.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Orange Cassidy's there.
Speaker 1: Maybe not. My Wikipedia has a thing about my career, and like it just ends in like I forget what year it was, but it doesn't have any of the stuff that I did.
Speaker 3: Like as soon as the site started.
Speaker 1: It ends the week that I forget the match it was actually want to know, I think there was a match wrestle Mania weekend that didn't happen. It ends this with a bunch of matches didn't happen. Actually, and uh, you know, there's a lot of matches I almost had but I didn't. I almost had Brian Danielson, I almost had Marty Jeannetti. I almost had Ethan Page.
Speaker 3: Ethan Page, I remember that, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I I didn't end up with him.
Speaker 3: Whatever, I actually should be happy you didn't end up with Marty Jeanetti. That could have been something.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would have been something though, right.
Speaker 3: And looking at the loop, I'd have done it. Base Brian Danielson on there. Beautiful Brian Alvarez is not.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't beautiful Brian Alvarez.
Speaker 3: What was your Lucan name?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: My Lucan name I was. I was just me try Chico Alvarez. I don't see how many matches, it says, I'll let you know after the break seventy five back in a moment, it was of her life.
Speaker 2: If you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network, you.
Speaker 1: Know I was happily retired. But then I just realized something sad. Well, my illustrious career ended March twenty third, No March twenty fifth, twenty twenty three. God, that was a long time ago. It was me and Tom, it says here. They actually have it backwards on cage match, which I appreciate. My final match was a win over the Bang Bros. Someday my children will be googling me and that's gonna be awkward. I need at least one more match for my retirement. I can't go out against the Bang Bros. That's just too awkward. We'll have to figure this out because I don't actually want to work. I have to be like A. I don't know. Well, I mean maybe A. I think I could just I could take I could take fifty chops and not any bumps.
Speaker 3: How hard do you want to hit?
Speaker 1: Because I don't mind being hit or hitting. I just don't want to take a bump. There's a big difference.
Speaker 3: And Szuki that would be perfect.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a problem with Misuzuki, and that's you go over an entire match and then you go out there and he does something totally different. Well, I don't want to do that. I don't want any surprises. By the way, Hey, where's that? Where's that? Lenny counter? Can we add another one? Ryan Danielsen is not retiring. He did not vacate the title on on Dynamite.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's almost like I keep telling people what's gonna happen, and they don't listen to me, even though I'm virtually always right. It's funny because like Lenny is always wrong, but he is such a die hard aw fan. I've never seen anybody who so like expects things to happen in aw and they totally don't. But he's still ah now, just wants to well, it's never gonna happen. It's never gonna happen. I don't think Lenny has ever been right when I was wrong, not one single time. I don't think now. Once Brian Daylsen proclaimed he is going home, but not yet.
Speaker 3: Statement my entire life, he is, You've never been right when I've been wrong.
Speaker 1: No, there's never been something that we like, I think this is gonna happen, and think he thinks this is gonna happen, and he's right and I'm wrong. I don't think that's ever happened.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: It's incredible actually, So anyway, Danielson says he'll retire later, he's going to defend his title. He's gonna put us all into it, and we'll see how long he goes. So anyone want to I mean, he's not gonna be all out. Do we want to make that bet? Next? He's not losing the title to Jungle Boy.
Speaker 3: I guess it's a little thing you have in your pocket every time he defends the title. Now, as we may be seeing the last of Brian Danielson's full time in ring career. So I guess that's what you can can continue to do.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I'm one of Brian Danielson's dream opponents. We're both from Seattle. We came up at roughly the same time. I was the veteran.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: We both were at King of Indies two thousand and one where we made our name. Both worked for the new Revent Portland Wrestling.
Speaker 3: And the intro.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, it's crazy the similarities between the two of us.
Speaker 3: Mutch ask Brian Danielson. Then you may tie you in the knots a little bit, though you may have to work at an issue.
Speaker 1: Give me a break, well, he wants four. He was my corner man. He was my corner man when I faced UH Peach Machine in a grappling match in two thousand and eight. Was Peach was corn by Roderick Strong? Yeah that is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to stick ed in the same room as Uh Brian and maybe that's probably why he didn't come around anymore.
Speaker 1: I think after that I actually taught him the standing Native American deathlock. Really, actually I may have. I remember there's actually a picture of me showing him something. I don't remember what it is. He probably doesn't remember. He probably thinks he taught that move to me.
Speaker 3: Well, he had toul and unlearn and then learn it right from Jerry Brisk that's right.
Speaker 1: Maybe I need to teach him again. Raw on Monday one point seven ninety six million viewers and a point five six number one in all of television.
Speaker 3: Oh the kids don't know. Peach Machine and the twitch.
Speaker 1: Chat forty higher than the top rated show on network TV, almost triple the highest rated show on cable. But they're not hot. But they doubled everything on primetime and tripled everything on cable, so I think that's actually pretty good, is my interpretation. Then we had NXT, which did six hundred and fifteen thousand and a point seventeen, probably because the show sucked. I don't like that show at all. I did like the main event segment. I did think the main event segment with Joe Hendry and Ethan Page. I mean this Ethan Page's gimmicks, Champion is It's every feud is the same. The challenger just repeatedly pins him. It happened again here, and he'll face Joe Hendry on Sunday with Trick Williams as a special guest referee and then hopefully the shows will start getting better. They hadn't been good.
Speaker 3: People weren't sticking around there for that ending where they didn't really grab him early it didn't seem.
Speaker 1: Like I think it was just because the show felt so dead, like the crowd was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: They taped two shows, so this was the second. This was third and fourth hour, and you could tell they were tired because they cared about nobody except Henry and you know who who then got beaten by Gallas like a mid card geek.
Speaker 2: A raw.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be held in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 3: You going.
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Not a chance?
Speaker 1: Are you joking?
Speaker 3: A chance?
Speaker 1: That's gonna be uh? Taped on Sunday, November third, airing on Monday November fourth.
Speaker 3: Mmmm, well won to miss.
Speaker 1: I mean the show I'm sure is gonna be good. Have a hot crowd, I can tell you that much. Then we've got a new commentary team for ros starting on Monday. You're made man Joe Tessitore.
Speaker 3: Feel good about him. He have no idea who he is to you.
Speaker 1: No, he's a guy just a guy. I've heard of him. He's he's been on ESPN, ABC, boxing in college football. But you know what's funny is like Vince is gone and some times they still do the same thing. Maybe this guy is gonna be good. Okay, maybe he'll be good. Hold on, Mike, we don't know that. Okay, They've called They've called fifty guys that have worked elsewhere, and they happen to be wrestling fans, or some of them don't even they're not even wrestling fans, and they put them in there, and I mean, who.
Speaker 3: Was this could for an hour?
Speaker 1: Who was the guy that had done MMA? What was his name?
Speaker 3: Jason or Jimmy Smith?
Speaker 1: Jimmy Smith like Dave liked Jimmy Smith. And listen, I want to make it clear, I got no problem with Jimmy Smith. But brother, he wasn't good. Like he was fine. He was carried by Corey Graves or whoever. They always bring these guys in, they're always fine. I've never you know how long I've been doing this, We've been talking about a lot, but talking about a lot of me on this show. I started in nineteen ninety five. Okay, Yeah, all right, I've met a lot of fans, you know me, fans I met in the UK, A lot of them. I've interviewed a lot of people. I've talked to a lot of people, and in thirty years next year, talking to thousands of people, fans, wrestlers, the whole nine yards. I've never heard a single person say I got it into wrestling because of Jimmy Smith or Pat McAfee or any of these other people that have come and gone. I don't know why they do it. I don't know why they do it.
Speaker 3: Do what?
Speaker 1: Just hire Joe Tessitours. Hire a guy who's worked in the business and done the job. It is good at it, right.
Speaker 3: Look, they're not going to hire Dave Praisac Well, they should, they should, they should. They're not. Okay, they're not, And I get it. Add non vurk was an interesting.
Speaker 1: Add non vork. How did that experiment go?
Speaker 3: It didn't go well. But Joe Tessitore is a guy who is familiar with professional wrestling.
Speaker 1: Somebody made me a list of all the guys like this they've hired.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. Did grow up watching professional wrestling.
Speaker 1: Everybody grew up watching a lot.
Speaker 3: But there he does a lot of production. He's done a lot, he's done. He's done a lot of things where I think he's going to be an overall good addition.
Speaker 1: Plus oh yeah, the Irish guy what's his name just got fired.
Speaker 3: He was a good backstage guy. They just should never have.
Speaker 1: Made That's that's my point, Mike, this guy here, guy people. I'm worried because it's Letty telling me this. He goes Joe's really good. That means that Joe must be terrible. But anyway, Lenny says he's really good. Listen, I don't care if somebody was really good in what they're doing outside of wrestling, do you understand, like, who's uh.
Speaker 3: But you're acting like Pat McAfee is some sort of failure.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not saying he's a failure, but is he great at his job?
Speaker 9: Look, he's McAfee find being carried Bob of hosting college Game Day. I think he sucks Mike Adam for bearing. I think he's ridiculous. With that said, I love his energy. I think he's great at doing something. You know what that's something is his own show and actually being the play by play guy on Raw.
Speaker 3: And it's too early to say if some kid goes, yeah, I got into wrestling because but no guy ever said I got into wrestling because Bobby and Gorilla had the best banter either. I mean, I didn't.
Speaker 1: That's how I got into wrestling, actually captivated by that show that in Dino Bravo matches, it wasn't Dino Bravo brother, it was the opponents of Dino Bravo in the earthquake. Anyway, I hope he does a good job.
Speaker 3: I hope he buries you unmercifully. And you didn't even know what for saying that some bomb.
Speaker 1: I didn't say he was a bum. I said, why do they always hire people that have never done the job before?
Speaker 3: Bryan, They have put people also in that position and run them out of that position who might have been good or who have been good in other play, like a Taz. They put Renee Piquette in that spot and then treated her like garbage and then she was out of there.
Speaker 1: That was you're missing my point. That was the old era. I understand they did stupid these other guys. Now we're in a new era.
Speaker 3: But Brian, every guy you mentioned with the came in the old era. Kevin Patrick, add non Burg, all those guys, Mike Adamley, they were all part of that.
Speaker 1: And now there's a new regime and we're back to hiring an ESPN ABC guy who's never called wrestling in his life to be the lead announcer of a professional wrestling show. That's freaking weird. Dude back in a moment, Observer Live.
Speaker 5: Attention.
Speaker 10: Then here's a great way to have more fun in bed and save money. If you want to take some like viagra, they can give you a way to pay as little as two dollars a pill. Yes, two dollars a pill. Compare that to prices as high as sixty dollars per tablet. These pills work for men to improve their performance and confidence. You'll love them. And now for the price of two or three pills, you can get fifty or more for around one hundred dollars. You'll save hundreds of dollars off retail prices. That's enough to buy your data nice dinner. Don't pay expensive prices for viagra. Call now, order fifty or more of our blue pills and pay as little as two dollars a pill and save hundreds of dollars. Call any time for confidential shipping.
Speaker 6: Call Steelman pills now eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine sixty five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 7: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly with out life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover estate taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life insurance quote lined right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 11: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four that's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four Hey, airline travelers.
Speaker 6: Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation.
Speaker 5: What do you do well.
Speaker 11: Sky i Watch is.
Speaker 6: A free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, So now you can make one phone call regardless of who book your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: I'm moving on, why don't you take the job.
Speaker 1: I've never done the job. That's my point. That's my point. You know it was actually good at the job, was Mick Foley, except for Vince yelling at him all the time. Well, Vince is gone, McK foley's nothing to do. Bring him in, have him to do commentary. Gruel him on soon and Bobby he did. And what do they both have in common? They were wrestlers with the company Jesse Ventura. I mean throughout the years, tons of them. It's a match like this guy going McAfee was a wrestler because he trained in Rip Roger's Barn. Now he was not a wrestler, he was a commentator, and then they did an angle with him and he made him a wrestler. I said, I was stopping John Moxley's returned.
Speaker 3: I'd like to see Russell McAfee in Rip Rogers Barn. I'd pay for that and get doctor Tom Pritchard to be the special guest referee. I'll do commentary on that one, all for it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: John Moxley is back, and I don't know what's going on? This is not your company anymore? He said he is aligned with Marina Shaffir and he wants Darby Allen. He's been mentoring her for like two years, so legitimately, so they've got something going on. It's probably I don't know if it's I don't know if you will be part of the Blackpool Combat Club or the BCC because he didn't do anything with the BCC on the show, so I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 3: Maybe he and Daniel Brian were Brian Danielsen wear black shirts and support of each other there. I wonder where this is gonna go with Moxley and if he really because they made it sound like he's got words with Darby Allen and almost made it feel like it. First man, maybe he's got some beef with him, But I have a feeling maybe they all just joined together here because he seemed to be talking. Was he talking to Tony khanza Avatar, Tony Schavani when he said that this is not your company anymore? Or was he talking to somebody else? Be interesting to see how all that goes.
Speaker 1: We had is she Ea and Hangman page, which was frickin' awesome. This match was so awesome. And if she took I swear, I swear to God, everybody, to the Lord above, is she took the greatest DDT in the history of wrestling, in the history of wrestling. I'm gonna tell you. For those who didn't see the match, I'm gonna tell you what happened. You're going to listen to it. You're not going to believe me, and then you're going to go watch it and you're gonna say, holy heck, that is, in fact, exactly what happened. They were on the apron, Hangman grabbed a she eat, he gave him a DDT. Is she landed in a headstand. He was on his head upside down on the apron and his body was sticking straight up in the air a legitimate headstand, not using his hands, just on only his head. He then remained balanced upside down on his head for six full seconds before he collapsed. I watched this over and over and over and over again. It was like I've never seen anything like it. It was like I watched someone get killed and it was so funny and I was laughing, and I watched it again and again and again. I felt like I was on the highway to hell. But he didn't die, so it turns out he was all right. But it was the funniest, most preposterous, ridiculous bump you've ever seen. I don't know how he did it. I don't know how he did it, but he did it. Hang man, of course one, and then Swerve came out. They went back and forth here having a cage match at all Out. I will say that having two weeks between all In and All Out is better than having one week. But this doesn't listen. I like tradition too, okay, but it's one or the other. I think that they need to get rid of All Out.
Speaker 3: Well next year, no, no, no, no, no. Next year you don't have to worry about it because they're going to be doing the Forbidden Door build at that around that time, and then all In is going to be in Texas and it's not going to be what's the date on that one? I believe it's going to be moved away where you don't have to worry about it as much.
Speaker 1: And we had a MGF coming out for a promo, his neck all taped up. It was actually a great promo. And then he gets attacked by Daniel Garcia, at which point Daniel Garcia is another one. He cut the best pro I've ever seen him cut in a w by leaps and bounds, leaps and bounds. They will be having a match also at all out or Garcia wants to give him that tombstone off the middle rope.
Speaker 3: Don't diamond ring because he pawned it for plane tickets.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's the story he told. But I think his character was making it up just to like. But I don't know. Maybe that is the actual story, but legitimately, Uh, the dynamite diamond ring vanished in the UK, and I guess it's possible that he lost it, but I think it was stolen.
Speaker 3: How do you figure that as opposed to possibly him losing it?
Speaker 1: Do you know anything about London? Don't wear anything nice anywhere in London unless you want it stolen. You can off your neck, pickpocket, stolen off the ring or stolen off the finger. Yeah, Ask any of the london Ners here, they'll tell you. We had learning tree in Roderick Strong versus Conglomeration in hook as a match. Loved it. Thought the booking was so stupid. So I'm watching this match, and it's like, okay, well, you know we got all out coming up. Let's do a finish to set up all out. So it comes down to Roderick and Hook in the ring together. Thought okay, well yeah, Roderick pins Hook and then we got the you know, the FTW title match. Well they're doing the deal and Hook puts him in the red rum and Roderick Strong taps out. Now, granted, his foot was under the ropes and it shouldn't have counted, but the fact is it did count. He tapped out. He tapped out.
Speaker 3: I quit.
Speaker 1: Then he attacks him afterwards, and they set up the match for all out. He's getting a championship match based on submitting to the champion. Okay, whatever, it doesn't matter if his foot was under the rope, you geek. At best, that means that like he shouldn't have been pinned or submitted her, but he gave up. Yeah that's stupid. Yeah, now, if you would have pin Hook, fine, that sets up a title match.
Speaker 3: Handful of trunks. Maybe his feet on the rope, something like that. Maybe we had another.
Speaker 1: Thing I didn't like that was a Mercedes. She's having a victory party. But his backstage, like just her and Camille. She's all by herself, celebrating alone. And then private party comes up and you know, Zay starts hitting on her, and then uh Okada comes up and he's smitten with Mercedes and he does a dance with her and everything, and I'm just like, this is one of those social media things. What is happening here? Like what? Like I think there was something on social media where like Okada was smitten with Mercedes, likes he's in love with her or something like that.
Speaker 3: But what I cannot wait until Samoa Joe comes back and dresses up Okada just like Ocado to his green hornet like they were in TNA Impact, Because it's about the same thing. I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 1: Oh, apparently there was a segment on TV Quickly a few weeks back. Wow, why does Ocada love Mercedes? Why is Okada a heel? I mean, I swear to god, I've never in my life. Listen, there's a lot of heels that people like, Okay, but even heels that people like, you'll still find a few people doing them. There isn't a living being on earth that has Bootokata one time in this company. Why is he a heel nobody?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm trying to figure out why he likes visits so much.
Speaker 1: Then we had a Shavanni interviewing Mariah May, which was this segment she showed off her belt and left. I cannot say that I was like blown away by this follow up to her beating Tony Storm in Wimeny.
Speaker 3: It didn't sound like the crowd was either, but that was pretty much the crowd all night.
Speaker 1: I explained this, like, they don't care about Mariah unless she is linked to Tony. That is a problem. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Do you think she wrestles in lingerie too or just threatens to expose it?
Speaker 1: Unlikely? And we had Ricochet and Kyle Fletcher, which was I mean, this was exactly what I thought it was going to be and is exactly what it was. It was Kyle Fletcher put in there to have a banger and then lose again, which he did and man Ricochet was gassed by the end of this match. He is like, I was howling because I'm watching the match and like I can see like he's doing all of his stuff, like he's determined to have an old school ricochet match, like a on the Indies type match, but like he's doing so much stuff and they're going so fast, and I don't know in the last time he wrestled was I guess, actually, you know what, let's find out the last time he had a match.
Speaker 3: Say late June something like that, but probably certainly didn't don't remember it being to that kind of physicality for that long. He had a bunch of speed matches on the way out, did he not? Let see?
Speaker 1: Okay, the last time he had a match prior to the Gauntlet, which he was only in four for a second, was a speed match which was only four minutes, and that was June seventh, so it's been two months since he had a match. And anyway, you can just see near the end of the match, you can see him taking these big, deep breaths, but he's just he's gonna keep going. He's gonna go to the end. And he finally gets that that pinfall, and then he collapsed and he laid on his back and he just laid there and laid there and breathed and laid there, and the ref comes and he helps him sit up, and I'm like, man, this guy gave it hiss all. I'm not even saying anything bad, but man, he gave it as all. And then outcomes will Ospray, but he's immediately killed by Pac and it's Pack and Osprey. It all out, and then the main event was the Brian Danielson segment where yes, he he revealed he is not quitting, He's gonna keep going. How about that he issued an open challenge, first come, first served. And by the way, people aren't gonna like this, but this was stupid because nobody knew what Brian Danielson was going to say. Well I did, but nobody knew that he was going to issh an open challenge, first come, first served. Somehow, Rickshet had a pre taped video that aired on the screen addressing Brian Danielson's statement accepting the challenge. I'm sorry, Jack Perry, and then Jack Perry jumps in from behind because it was, in fact it taped earlier. So that actually made absolutely no sense whatsoever, no sense. But that is the match. It is Jungle Boy against Brian Danielson for the title.
Speaker 2: It all out.
Speaker 3: It happens a lot there to some degree or another.
Speaker 1: How did how did Jungle Boy know that he was going to not retire. How did maybe I told him? How did he know that he was going to issue an open challenge? How did he know exactly what he was going to say so that he can make that video in advance to air on the big screen.
Speaker 3: What did you think about John Moxley unleashing? Marina Shaffer on that.
Speaker 1: We talked about that the backstage guys though we talked about it well, I mean the backstage actor were beyond It was because of the actors in the back they were so horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, my god, what movie did John Moxley watch?
Speaker 1: I actually know the movie he watched.
Speaker 3: Because there's going to be things that are gonna have to be explained. If this is going to be one of those, we're taking it from legitimate movies and weaving it into wrestling.
Speaker 1: Because I Rumper Stomper Australian cult classic nineteen ninety two. He was playing Russell Crowe in this in what he was doing all right? Not making this up? Yep, that's a scoop for you.
Speaker 3: Maybe with Punk God, now he can go back to some of the Rocky storylines, because you know, most people have seen Rocky obviously Punk has it, and of course you haven't.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I knew Lenny would explain that it made sense. Back in a moment Observe Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alfarez and Mike semper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back on the show, Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live, like semper VV also Wrestling Observer dot Com, I have to explain that a pre taped promo.
Speaker 3: Never mind, I know, I know, you know what.
Speaker 1: I got to come up Tonight the Brida Vintie Show a special guest Lisa, who is there in the UK?
Speaker 3: Is she taking over from Vinnie's No, Viny's back?
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, Me and Vinnie and Lisa will be talking some memories from London as well as this week's aw Dynamite and NXT.
Speaker 3: Was Lisa one of these drunk people that close talked to you now with the hot breath and whatnot. No, she was very professional in the rest of these You drink any of it all over there?
Speaker 1: I drink every day. That should tell you something about my trip to London.
Speaker 3: Ciders, Hey, hard liquor, hard liquor vodka.
Speaker 1: But I'm back on the wagon now tried out. I'm just back on the wagon. I'm about to end the actual literal wagon because I'm going to the fair tomorrow and I will I will get off the wagon when I go to the fair.
Speaker 3: Do you understand you're getting the pie eaton competition?
Speaker 1: There's no Lance show today. He's at TNA. Also like a fair, I'd say like a carnival. But it's much better now. Anyway, we got to wrap it up. Got a lot to do here today. But I'll be back later on tonight with more. Michaeill be up tomorrow, maybe with Filthy.
Speaker 3: We'll probably not sinceil be in Washington, d C. Getting ready.
Speaker 1: You can still do the show. He's got a phone. Make it work well, he no, all right, we'll talk to him.
Speaker 3: All right, We're right.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody will talk you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.