Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to Serial Killers. I'm Scottie B. And Andrew's not here. He's not here. I'm Elvis Duran. I am here. So we're going to open the show with Elvis's favorite theme song. Here we go past Drew Wait.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Stay, wadam wru Is it over?
Speaker 1: Did you know that the Chips theme song had lyrics and that was it?
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is so interesting. Hey, so my first thought is me sitting in for Andrew. Let's make it very clear. I'm not replacing Andrew since yet, No, because you know, you and Andrew have done this from the very beginning together, and I don't want the pressure. And people are gonna be mad. They expect him. They don't want me, they want him to be here with you. Well you know, okay, all right, so Serial Killers podcast, Yes, here we go.
Speaker 1: I've never been one, so listen for the last. For the last probably week or two, Elvis has been coming into this studio and noticing cereals that I have sitting on the table in sealed boxes. He wants to try them so desperately, but they're not open yet. So that's why he's here today, and he's going to try these serial and The thing these.
Speaker 2: Cereals have in common is they're all the type of flavor profile I love in a cereal.
Speaker 1: And tell me if you remember this commercial from the eighties, Wow, like eating day nutting honey, you can count. I will play the whole thing. So, Nutt and Honey was a cereal that Kellogg's put out in the eighties into the early nineties, and it was a flake cereal that was honey coated, had little pieces of nuts in it. And that's what people say, which eating nutt and honey, and oh so funny.
Speaker 2: I remember the commercial and I remember the cereal because I never was that big of a chocolate cereal lover, right, even though I'll eat it, I love it. And you know the fruity thing, you know, I started with fruit loops, then we progressed to fruity pebbles. That's okay, But when it came to the flavor profile of let's see a flake that's coated in a sweet honey sugar, I guess, but you added that crunch in there.
Speaker 1: To me, I love the texture, I love the flavor, and that's why it was called nutt and honey crunch. But that went away. Probably God has got to be over twenty years at this point. But this is a cereal that has been on the market in the UK for many years. It's very popular there still. So the three cereals we're doing today are all related.
Speaker 2: And I judged the cereal by the cover because this box it's Kellogg's Crunchy Nut. Yes, and it's a photo of you can see the flakes, but you can see how they're glistening, which means they have sugar all over them.
Speaker 1: But there's some nut in there who nutted on my Kellogg's Crunchy Nuts. We're about to find out. You open it. Uh, okay, all right. I don't know if this one needs shaking because they're all flakes. They're all the same. So this I found this in Walmart. So Walmart does carry international cereals. You know they have that international aisle where you'll find the spotted dick. I didn't, Oh, is that where he's hanging out. That's right, he's the one that nutted on the cereal. God, So Scottie, what happened? Anyway? This is a nice clean cereal show. It is it is. We try to be very fair.
Speaker 2: I did not know that Walmart had an International Cereal aisle.
Speaker 1: Well, they have an internet most supermarkets. Actually, if you go down there is an international aisle in most supermarkets and they have stuff from other countries and sometimes you'll find cereal. Okay, look at that. I love see, I love these flakes already.
Speaker 2: They have like that that Kellogg's corn flake flake, which is I'm sure it's the same thing, right, we don't try them without spit it out.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine. They were using two percent Bowling Basket milk. Thank you Bowling Basket. Did they sponsor that? No? I wish they would that Shopwrights brand. Stop saying their name if they're not paying money. I'm trying to get them on the show. Okay.
Speaker 2: And when you put the milk in it, it's the same. It looks the same as if you put milk in just regular cornflake.
Speaker 1: But you see how the milk is starting to turn yellow already. That's the honey coming off the flake. So we got to eat it quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these will get soggy fast, right, They're very thin, punchy.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, it's great, just like just it really does taste like nut and honey from the eighties and I haven't had that in thirty years. It tastes like another frosted It tastes like frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: To me, it's the same exact flavor. Is it really basically just frosted flake?
Speaker 1: Its the same flake. They probably made it on the same machine, except the frosted flakes called that way and get sugar on it, and these went this way and got coating on it. These are really good.
Speaker 2: I like this, but they and since they are such a thin, delicate flake, they will get soggy faster than other cereals.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with that though. But I see I don't taste any peanuts whatsoever? Do you have? Do you taste any peanut flavoring? Because there are little pieces of peanut on here, I don't taste them. Oh I don't, but I don't miss them. Does it make sense? Yeah, but if you're expecting them, I want a little bit of peanut flavor. See.
Speaker 2: I think the only way to get peanut flavor or consistency in here is if you had larger chunks, like clusters of nuts with other sweet things.
Speaker 1: There are some cereals that we've had that have actual full nuts in them, and that's a little bit too much. But this, you know, it says, let's see ingredients mild corn, sugar, peanuts, malt flavor. It's very simple ingredients, which I like.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not really peanuty, but I don't have a problem with that, all right, So.
Speaker 1: You know our ratings go, we go up to five balls. Half a ball is a spoon. So I'm going to give this four balls because I think it's a real quality, good tasting sereuch. I've given it.
Speaker 2: Four balls too, But if you give it four balls, that means you're missing a bowl. What's missing?
Speaker 1: Well, like you said, the crunch does disappear relatively quickly, but you know that with Kelloggs corn flakes. Yes, true, but you know there are some cereals that hold their crunch much longer than this. So there's that. It just it has to blow me away to be a five baller, like cocoa pebbles five balls all day, Lucky charms, five balls all day. See.
Speaker 2: In order to make this four bowls Kellorgs crunching not a five bowler, I would have to augment it myself and maybe cut up some banana to put in there.
Speaker 1: I love banana and corn flakes together. See, we are pre wrists. I mean, it's fun. You can do that at home, but we wouldn't rate it that way. All right, So we're gonna move on to the second one, and it's gonna be really similar. This is brand new from Kellogg's and again kellogg Crunching Nut only available international. Did a little thing. Fold this properly? What roll it down? I'm rolling it down.
Speaker 2: What I'm doing is I'm showing you how to properly roll the package top down, roll the bag so the bag will keep their freshness in our Kelloggs crunching out.
Speaker 1: Okay, where are we going now? And I have to tell you, like, we haven't recorded this way in quite some time. What do I mean? Well, we use Andrew's stupidman box, his podcast box that he hasn't here. See, that's why he's more entertaining than me. Let's go coot you over a little bit. Okay, there you go. What are we doing? But no, but we get all these things that are on this system, all the sounds that we haven't used in forever, like this one.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Wilfrid Brimley and I've had diabetes for about twenty years. Wolver he's dead you know. Yeah, but he you know, did you ever see cocoon? Yes? Okay, see Andrew never saw cocoon, so he has no idea about Wilfrid Brimley and cocoon. Yeah, I know who he is. He had diabetes. He did have diabetes for many years. Twenty Kellogg's. Okay, this is great. This is brand new. Just found this cereal. It's not widely available yet, but you can find it in some stories. Kellog's corn flakes honey flavor.
Speaker 2: So it's honey flavor. So this originally crunchy nut. This is flavored with honey. This is honey honey flavor. Is there a difference?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, I would think flavored with honey is honey, but honey flavor is something that's artificial. Yes, that's right. But this is more corn flakes. It's the same consistency I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: Naturally flavored with other natural flavors not so I don't really understand that. All right, open it up. Okay, So you know his name, right, the cock. That's Cornelius, the cock. Okay, Okay, that's Corny. That is Corny the cock, Corny the cock. So corn flakes honey flavor. They don't really make too many different variations of cornflakes because cornflakes are cornflakes. That's your you know, your traditional corn flakes. There's been chocolate, there has been has been chocolate. No, there's been cinnamon corn flakes, and now there's honey flavor. So does the honey fla ever go on the coating or inside the flake, on the flake, on top on the flake. Yes, they don't infuse the flakes. I need the spoon though. Right here we go. Thanks, all right, I'm loving I'm again.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite flavor profile of cereals honey honey. But you know, put some crunch or banana in there. Oh, so you can't taste it with Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Smell smell it right, But that doesn't smell like honey to me. I don't know what it smells like. It almost smells like birthday cake flavor. You need to get that call. No, I don't. Okay, this is much more important than any folk. I mean, if you know, if it was Andrew, he would just answer it then walk out.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is Kellogg's cornflakes honey flavor. Yes, but this is uh, it's an American version.
Speaker 1: Yes, the other one you can only get internationally or as an import.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it's it looks like the same flake.
Speaker 1: See and if you smell it right now, it just smells like regular old corn flakes. Hmm. It's subtle, but it's there. It almost it almost tastes like a frosted flake a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a cornelius flavor. That corn flavor. Yes, it's good. I think I like the first one better, though I like the first one better as well. I'm gonna give this three and a half balls, all right, three bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: There's a spoon a half a ball. I'm learning so much. Here's what's good about this one. Though.
Speaker 2: They are corn flakes. So in then initial taste you taste the sweet of the honey. But as you chew it more and you're about to swallow it, you taste the corn.
Speaker 1: There's all cornflake. But I like that, and I think the honey flavor also washes off very quickly, so you need to eat it fast. Right, Okay, again, three balls and a spoon. Okay, I'm going to give it three balls. I like it. I'm underwhelmed though I can always use a little bit more honey flavor. Now can you put Can you just drizzle honey on cereal with milk in it? Or is that weird? No? You can do whatever you want. I mean you do it to oatmeal? I guess try it all right. I don't have the little sounder that we normally use because it's in the stupid mad box. So we'll be back right after this. It's the right thing to do, and we're back.
Speaker 2: That was fun, wasn't it. Right, took a little peepee break. Yeah, I did wash my hands because I'm ready for more cereal.
Speaker 1: That's good. We're rolling through these because I know, you know, everybody's busy, has a business, very busy. Right, So this is another Kellogg cereal. So these are three Kellogg cereals today. This is another brand new one. This is in the special K line. Okay, but it's also honey infused the special K not as in ketamine animal tranquilizer. No. Is that the drugs that the kids do at the club. Yes, it is, oh okay.
Speaker 2: But also you know they're using them for a psychological reasons now too, and it's actually working for people.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, back to you yees, special K is in cereal. Yeah, so there are a lot of new special K's on the market. There's a special K zero. Now there's a special case protein and this is special k Oat Crunch honey.
Speaker 2: See, I bet I'm gonna love this because I already see chunks. I see clusters of a chunky shit going on in here.
Speaker 1: So there's some granola in here. So but I do have to shake the box box down, right down and down Andrew. But I like, see this is why Andrew needs to come back and co host the show with you. But see, we don't have that one on the stupid band box. The only one that we have on the stupid band box is this one shake. You've got to shake your back very nice. That's Debbie Gibson. I know, was that really Debbie Gibson? No, it wasn't. That was a you know, all right, okay, anyway, all right, So this is a special ok Oat Crunch honey. And again it says natural flavors with other natural flavors. I don't understand what that means.
Speaker 2: Natural flavors and natural flavors. But again, another Kellogg's box. Do you do this every week?
Speaker 1: Do you try to stay with the same No, no, I love switching them up. I just wanted to do this for you because they were all honey related and you were really into the honey flakes.
Speaker 2: So all right, I'd like him already because I can see in the photo that there's clusters of something going on.
Speaker 1: I love clusters in my cereal. You know, they didn't do a very good job with the bag. It's gonna tear, all right. The flakes have a lot more going on than the other flakes. But these are your traditional special K flakes. There's pieces of granola. I don't see granola clusters. I go the photo has cluster. Hear some more. Oh god, Hello, it's enough to feed a family of ten. So there are a few clusters, and they're not quite like the picture.
Speaker 2: Clusters on the photo are big and chunky. The ones in my bowl are not that big, but I bet they're good.
Speaker 1: Okay, pour me up enlarge to show texture. Honey flavored honey flavor. I doney honey flavored wheat and rice flakes with real oat clusters. See they say that it's wheat and rice flakes. It makes you feel like it's healthy, but really isn't. But it's not corn. The other two we had were corn.
Speaker 2: Oh, so so these are not cornflakes, so these are not Okay, where's my spoon?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: This once again is Kellogg's Special Special k Oat Crunch Honey natural flavored with other flavors.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I can't get to the milk now because you put so much. You want some more milk? Well, I know, I don't want to waste the milky. Have a cluster. Ooh hmmm, that's nice. It's sweet. This is nice milk. I taste maybe a little bit of vanilla or cinnamon in there as well, just a hint. This is pretty good.
Speaker 2: So there's obviously, as I see on the back of this box, other oak crunch cereals from Special K redberries, chocolatey de light blueberry, and vanilla almond, which I've had.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are your regular special K varieties. I wonder what happens if we scan that QR code? Do it? I wonder what happened if you give me more milk? Here? M there you go. I like this one. I think this is my favorite of the three.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it a bowl in a spoon. It's a lot, right, No, no, three bowls in spoon nor four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Perfect. I feel like I taste a little bit of molasses, maybe some brown sugar. Right, you're much more well.
Speaker 2: Your taste budge, as far as syrup flavors, go, is much more delicate than mine.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see whole grain wheat, rice sugar, whole grain oats, wheat, bran, salt, rice flour, corn syrup, honey, walt flavor, natural flavors, barley, malt extract mixed to other than that, semon, cinnamon.
Speaker 2: Okay, go, I like this swim. I would love to eat a bottle of this.
Speaker 1: I am so finish it, so I'm going to give it four balls. I do like it. It's missing something, maybe one of these chocolate pieces, but it's good. See, I'm not even speaking because I'm busy eating now. I would love for you to try one of the Insta balls. Just add water you have, I need water for that. No, we'll do that next week when Andrew maybe comes back. So, so what have we accomplished? Well, we've tried three cereals. We have let our listeners know what we think of them, and there's a good chance that a lot of listeners will go try these cereals now because we've said that they're pretty good. That's what we've accomplished. We've you know, oh my god, I'm choking.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm sure Andrew wished that upon you. He did, since you had me in here taking his place. Let me tell you why I want Andrew to come back, Okay, because the sarcasm and the hatred that you two have for each other, actually the love and bond that you two have for each other, it's more entertaining than just me sitting here eating a bunch of bawls of.
Speaker 1: Serious You're right, it's not there because I'm not going to be a dick to you because that may have repercussions. No, I don't know, so you know I have to be careful. You should go out on him and be a dick to me in order to have a better show. It's also more fun because Andrew doesn't know anything like I'll throw I don't. I don't mean that, like I'll throw some sort of old just like Cocoon. I'll be like, dude, do you remember Cocoon? When they were in the pool and the big thing cocoons were in the pool, and I'm be like, dude, I don't know what you're talking about. He has no idea about Well, he's half your age. This is true, But a lot, a lot of these things are just pop culture things that he should know. You know, he he wasn't paying attention. I want to play some more stuff for you. Here we go. Let me see what I got. Oh, we haven't played this in a long time because it's not in the stupidman box. On the next Serial Killers? You like that? That stacks on the next serial Killers, We're going to introduce you to one of Andrew's favorite cereals of all time. That is back what from the Dead Cinnabon Cereal.
Speaker 2: See, I never like cinnabon cereal. Really, you know what, Let the regular host eat that shit. I'm all about Today's.
Speaker 1: It is backed by popular demand. There was a huge hole and people wanted cinnabon cereal back, so Kellogg's brought it back. And there's also the all new Lucky Charms s'mores that is out and we have it and we're gonna try it next week. I may sneak in while you two are doing the show and have a bite of though. You know what, it seems to me that those are going to be just golden grams mixed with marshmallows, some marshmallows and cocoa puffs. It's like, uh, it's just kind of a mix up of general mill cereals.
Speaker 2: Why even think about it till you got it? Let's not let's not cross that bridge before we get to.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Elvis, thank you very much for sitting in today. It's hot in hearing it now. It feels good. But this, this was way too nice of a podcast.
Speaker 2: I want this. I want to see you and Andrew going at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'll be next week and Wednesday and all new ball Chat follow us on all social platforms. Serial Killer's piece. You know about bull Chat, ball Chat, bull Chat talking about balls, boll Chat. We do that on Wednesdays. Let's bowl Chat. That's the sister podcast to Serial Killers. Andrew decided that we needed to have another forum to talk about anything that we want other than cer what.
Speaker 2: A special ok Oak Crunch just got really soggy. I can't eat it now.
Speaker 1: There's no more crunch there. But anyway, check us out.
Speaker 2: Why you want to the second podcast. He can't even make it to the first one.
Speaker 1: Well, he's the one that pushed the second podcast, and it was doing very well for a while, but then he just look, he's very busy. You know. You have him doing a lot of things. And although half the time when I walk out there, he's sitting on Instagram. He's just trolling through stuff out there. I don't know what he's doing. Nothing, but he's getting a haircut today. That's why he couldn't be here. Yeah, he needs to tighten his perm. This is what's more important.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me on because I love Serial Killers podcast.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I missed the dynamics between you and Andrew and everyone watching and listening probably agrees.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that will be back next week again. Follow us social platform serial Killers PC. Check out our website serial killerspc dot com, where you can pick up one of our incredible shirts that you know Newman has up there for us. Newman is the guy that does our website. Oh cool, We love you Newman. So all right, you know what we do at the end of this one. No, okay, So we'll see you Wednesday with bolchat next Monday within all new serial Killers until then, say Crunch Elvis Crunch Elvis. And that's it. You said, say crunch, Elvis. I know crunch, Crunch,