Speaker 1: Hello, you beautiful people, Welcome to Busting with the Boys. Before we start on the number one best sponsor of all time, the ones that really backs the show presented by Busting with the Boys. We had a couple of house cleaning items, a couple epic things going on that my boy Willy's gonna talk to you about.
Speaker 2: Kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a big deal, So why don't you sit down, buckle up and listen what the boys got to say. I'm gonna tease you a little bit, a little bit of blue balls, pease, show a little nip.
Speaker 2: The boys have been on the road.
Speaker 3: If you guys are listening to this episode right now on audio, you've probably been listening to the nebrask episodes.
Speaker 2: So we did.
Speaker 3: But the boys are in the middle of their spring football tour. We hit Nebraska last week. But we're not gonna get into that. Well, we're gonna talk about the bust and spring football tour right talk about how you guys need to love, love, and buy some merchants support the boys. Yeah, no question downloading, subscribing all the fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, unsubscriber, resubscriber.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal and listen if you we're doing this right now, right, we're having the rapport back and forth. I'm staring you in your eyes. You're hopefully looking at my eyes, not looking at your phone. Your eyes are up here. I'm really hoping you listen to the boys. If you like this stuff, keep subscribing, send it to a friend.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like that movie.
Speaker 1: What's that movie when it's the give back you're giving back to people. You help two people, those two people have two people, and so on and so forth, and it's like network marketing. Yeah, it's a beautiful thing. It's like a sweet pyramid scheme.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's a nice little deal. And Tom Brady just retired, so we can dabble in that a little bit. But now before we get in all that, the boy is going to give you a tremendous advreaed on the greatest truck of all time. That truck happens to be the one and only Chevy Silverado. Chevy Silverado is reliable, it's durable, it's beautiful, and it's got something that nobody else has. I'm gonna have to find my little area here, but it is a it is the Silverado. You get the most functional bed of any competitor. It's best in class standard cargo volume. The inner gate folds to a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed. Right, maybe you're working real hard, you work in that construction piece, or you just listen to some heavy weights one day, got a little tweaking that little back, and you think, I gotta get this out of my bed. But I don't really want to be a tough guy right now, So you rip that thing down, bing bang boom. That thing's like little steps. Now you're just walking up like it's an easy day. Right, you're taking your four year old out the multi flex tailgate that that we've been telling you about with six configurations. That's six or I don't think anybody else has six. And there's also the thing. Will you know the fob. If you do the fob, that thing comes down right and you're standing everyone, but you're saying, hey, hey, everybody does that. Now with the fob, you can also brings it back up. It's a two for one specih. This thing is so damn beautiful. It puts everything out the window. Dude, you really look at this thing and you know yourself. This person wakes up, gets to work, gets their own time, works their ass off, comes home. Probably a hell of a dad or mom. First in last out kind of guy, first in last out kind of guy, the Cholvy Sevado, Silverada, strong, advanced, dependable and hard working.
Speaker 2: We love you, can I just can I call time out? You more than welcome to buddy.
Speaker 3: That was the best I've ever seen you read. I'm calm or I know you kind of like rifted a little bit stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But when you were when you were looking at the points, you didn't break stride. Well, it's an amazing thing when you prepare just a little bit right. We actually talked about it for five seconds, other than you know, kind of just diving in head first right to a free foot pool.
Speaker 2: I get nervous all the time. In your bag, we rolling all right, here we go, blah blah blah. I'm kind of sitting here a little. It's like, well, I get nervous.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's there's you walk into the door and there's already magic happening.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: You got David Blaine s shit going on, people pulling rabbits at a hat, and I'm like let's make sure we get this on the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be right. Sometimes a little preparing is good for the old soul. No, you did good, bro, I appreciate that. That means a lot. Can we like, let's just let's start off with this.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about how you've turned the page and reading Nebraska corners or maybe just Lincoln in general.
Speaker 2: Like we had it all.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go too far into it because it's living. It's slow living on YouTube, both audio and videos. We're doing audio and video at first. I don't know if you guys, just little internal stuff for you at first. This is just gonna live on YouTube. Correct Now to really put it in our faces, maybe you just go look at the audio for a little bit. You like it so much you want to watch it twice being bang boom? There it is again. How many times am I going to say that being bang boom? I don't know. I don't know when we did.
Speaker 3: We did the Chevy read boom You hit the truck three different times?
Speaker 5: Did I?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's a little stupid. Yeah, yeahde listen. We were out late, let late late that night. We were at Berry's. A lot of dicks around us, dude, shoddies. Yes, we're at the rail So I woke up that morning and the void the word box wasn't working as well as it used to. Yeah, so I'm glad we got that done. But to go back to your question, Listen, when you think to yourself in Nebraska, do you think fly over state? I'm saying it. You're probably listening as a Nebraska fan right now. It's just a god honest truth. So I didn't know what to expect when we got to Nebraska, and holy shit, you guys did not disappoint. It is unbelievable. The town's epic, the stadium's beautiful, the facilities are top notch.
Speaker 2: Truly an amazing university.
Speaker 1: I've taken back every negative thing I've said about the corn Huskers, every negative thing I've said.
Speaker 2: That's huge. It's a big deal. Competitive motherfucker. Like, yeah, I'm a competitive weather competitive whether or not you.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, you'll die on a hill. It's like I'm digging my heels on the ground right giving this usually.
Speaker 1: Just stick in and no matter what, dude, no matter what, no matter what, such an American move, such an American guy move, am I right? But you that we went to Nebraska and I kind of mentioned berries the rail. If you're a Nebraska fan, you've been in a brast Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been there before.
Speaker 1: People were unbelievable, unbelievable, different, different, different, different. It really was. People were nice to us, the equipment guys here. I was hoping when we got to Nebraska that maybe the Hoods, the boy with the jersey little seventy seven with Lawan in the back, and they fucking did dude, I really want to ask, and they gave it to me. That was the turning point for my day. I did have a bit of a fucking issue with my breakfast the first morning, the fact that you took me to village in maybe you want to end this fucking relationship real quick and maybe absolutely want to stab you and leave, dude, assault and goat. We're keeping up, dude. How much do we last? The best the best best we've ever had in our entire lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as far as Sailor nized relationship, that was the hardest we've ever last our life together.
Speaker 1: In our life, we were the youngest people and thereby seventy six years.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone had three digits in the life.
Speaker 2: I give that they gut toss. Dude.
Speaker 1: Look at this, by the way, hey, big clap for blocks. What an amazing Holy shit, dude, that was incredible. Guys should have gone pro. But look at this thing now, I know this is coming out and what heavy duty. You know, in augusta Timber were like, this thing hurts a little bit, but that's that's a legit Nebraska cornhuskerw jersey with my name on the back. Now we're going to Michigan this week. I'm not gonna tell him that. Hopefully this this clip will make it to him. Maybe us can tag you miss football in there because I don't want to go. Actually ask I'm praying to God they treat us as good as Nebraska dead. I'm really it was it was that I was. It was that beautiful to me.
Speaker 3: Within the first two hours of being saying, you're like, hey, guys, I hope you know you might not be yeah, hyping up Michigan too much.
Speaker 1: It might not be like yeah, listen, I was like I was putting in Surt's policies in the back pocket.
Speaker 2: It was incredible, dude.
Speaker 1: I had an amazing time Michigan is an amazing spot. I got treated great when I was there, but you know, when you leave, you know, maybe the matteric's not there for me.
Speaker 2: I'm really hoping I'm put wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm really hoping at the end of the day we come in and they just blow our socks off, and I hope we come home missing socks.
Speaker 2: That's how bad all of them to fucking deal with us. Wee, I get a jersey like a fifty one. That's okay.
Speaker 1: So that's what I was trying to get to. Sorry, you know how the boy likes to ramble. But I really hope they come out there with a Compton fifty one or fifty three or fifty seven, fifty seven? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I was this year. I follow your career. Yeah, I'm a huge fan. I'm a huge fan of you, huge fan. But without further ado, Right, we have airicro on this week. We should probably talk about her. Well, I for sure we'll get into her. But one last thing, jumping the gun. You're jumping excited, boy, So I'm excited, boy.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 3: But the biggest thing we want to get accomplished in Michigan would be that Battle of the Bus quest Battle for the bus. Question you asked, dude, Scott frostol.
Speaker 1: You got you know what I'm saying, Stick me right in the asshole, dude, that's exactly what I want.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 3: High i Q, high savvy, high awareness situation when we were interviewing Scott Frost all the time moment, they're thinking, I gotta I gotta deliver a little bit for the Nebraska fans like they want to hear. Will ask a couple of harder questions, questions that he's been asking, dabbled around, but say some real To be fair, you did, thanks.
Speaker 1: But did an amazing job doing that. But I was kind of scared for you when you did that, actual nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, ask him that right, right, right right.
Speaker 3: But you guys can go listen to that. Subscribe to it too, subscribe listen five stars.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: High Awareness asked him, would you put together if we put together a bus trophy where it's the bus we got the steeer horns on at a big one and every every year Michigan and Nebraska play, we call it the Battle for the Bus and phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Scott sits up in a chair and he's like What did he like that? What did he say about the ad?
Speaker 1: He said, if he said, I'm he said, if the ad at Michigan and the head coach at Michigan are good with it's by the way, Michigan maybe see does disrespect.
Speaker 2: He knows exactly who your head coach is, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He gets him a lot of profits. He didn't from coach, you might not be Yeah. Yeah, they got to go watch it on YouTube and audio. But I love how you kind of did that. Just yeah, you pulled that thing out for a second. They kind of missed it. But yes, absolutely, if the Battle of the bus, he said, if a d and the head coach of Michigan signs off on it, they have no problem doing a trophy game between Nebraska and Michigan. They're in dude, that would be the coolest shit it's ever happened to us in our life.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be iconic. But battle for the bus ca it's the battle for the bus. And then they're.
Speaker 3: Hoisting stoked on it. Remember they they there's trophies out there for anything. What was the Minnesota one? Some bucket one? Yeah, it's a brown jug. Please don't disrespecs. Sorry, sorry, the Brown je who's that between? It's between Minnesota and Michigan. Oh sorry, sorry, Michigan was involved that.
Speaker 2: You're cool.
Speaker 3: You're calling the Brown Joe like something over Battle of the Bus. I think that's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's actually a bar at Michigan and arbur shout out the Brown jug great place. He used to get pictures of b wall shots and just take those to the head and then sing Blnklin eighty two songs on a Sunday night. You're gonna have a great time there. I think you're really gonna enjoy it. I think you're really gonna have a great time maybe where we put our kind of a metro deal right there and we my handout.
Speaker 2: We learned that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all good. I'm afraid of myself. No, I think that's a I think that's a smart move.
Speaker 3: And if there's a Brown Jug in Michigan, who doesn't think that there could be like a bus stop in Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Or a brust up or or both both. Yeah, you gotta be both the Battle of the Bus dude.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get let's talk about Eric a little bit because we had on the CEO Barsol Sports. Yeah, a little more of a little more of a business sit down, Like we got a CEO on, we're picking her brain.
Speaker 2: She's kind of asking us questions.
Speaker 3: I think a couple of times Taylor and I are sitting there like, you know, we're around the We're around that dude at barstool, that dude at Yeah, that dude aad who beat out over seventy dudes to get that job at barstool. Who have who has to deal with in a handle and work with Dave Portnoy on a weekly basis, Who has to deal with all the hodgepodge melting pot of all different beings that is in Barstool Sports and hit all the misogyny, all this that the other the barstool bros. Well, we learned that the Barstool Bros or Suli's or broke cult.
Speaker 1: I don't know that was a bad thing, but apparently they'll get you canceled. That's a tough deal. But I just thought more like on our ninety six percent mail, Yeah, more right up that alley, buddy, We're about to get canceled.
Speaker 2: The bro culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people say bro culture like it's like not everybody piece some people, A lot of people love it.
Speaker 2: But people say bro culture like it's like a like a like a negative thing.
Speaker 1: Right to me, if you're a bro, like, you're one of the boys, right, yeah, about the fucking you're.
Speaker 2: One of the boys.
Speaker 1: But I think it's like people by listen, I'm gonna might throw a little wrench in this thing. But people are pretty specific about what genders are. I'm like more of a generic guy when I say for the boys, there's really not a penis on that thing. It goes back, it goes on both sides, as long as your forum. Yeah, your forum, it's like a generic what's that, dude, Like you said to a man and a woman for the boys, It's.
Speaker 3: Like, we're just dumb jocks. We were yelling for the boys on our football team one day. Now we're sitting on the bus. Ever of the podcast, before the Boys means for everybody.
Speaker 1: For everyone, dude, your form you're with us, Yeah exactly, you're a former against them, for more against us, we're for them or against this One thing too that you'll notice about Erica. I'm not going to tell what she said, but bloss b up a really good question and then she kind of put the question back on bloss. I thought that was epic. If you guys see it comments, let us know that you noticed that big business savum of the air could put on.
Speaker 2: Us super CEO Guys Tagerson that things.
Speaker 1: If you find that little that little nugget, you might be on your way to becoming a CEO.
Speaker 3: And speaking of the engagement, we're gonna be we're gonna be dealing it a little bit more. The stuff you saw with Taylor and I in the Brass g having a little fun on social media. You guys are fucking hilarious. When you guys clap back, the trips are unbelievable and play into the church. People who bring the negative energy, those are always gonna be there. And tell me we'll always ask them to do a favor. You're living something like I needed to remember some No, we'll always ask those those negative nancies to do a favor for us. Yeah, and we'll also let you guys put them on their place as well. But the engagement, the fun that we're having, you guys are fucking hilarious. We have Budweiser c and d on there. What's the uh, oh, you don't remember that Budweiser. Budweiser this beautiful company h aneaser Bush. First off, I want to say, shout out to Aniser Busch. What about standing no free shouts, but shout out that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: But it's tough, right because it is so. I'm also individually sponsored by Aniser Bush. We're so it's difficult for me to kind of sit here and play that back and forth. Right, I'm not trying to be that guy, but here we are. Right, a national beer band want to say, put their put their name behind the boy. Right, I'm just carrying the car for both of us. Now, now let's sen anazer Bush. We love you to death.
Speaker 6: We love everything you do.
Speaker 2: Seriously, you guys are you guys are in your ivory tower. We love you to death.
Speaker 1: And we're looking at but you're just hoping for a piece of granola, you know what I'm saying. We want to throws as a half live turkey leg down. That's all we really want. And we started putting the bus letter out the bus went the boys. You guys were cooled it first because of u uh in the in the original because we have boys doing a podcast, little guys doing a pond. But in the original, like when we first started doing it. The local anazer Bush let us, they sponsored us, they sponsored us, and then let us do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said, that's okay, Now I get it. Business is business.
Speaker 1: We're booming right now. Don't want to take one from the uh the legendary A D but a B A B. Yeah, basics is booming right now, and I understand that you guys might want a little piece of that. We would love to have you, guys, as punch sponsors, would love it. I might be sitting here, put my sword down right in front of you, shoot if you want, baby, but I'm here with love.
Speaker 2: Just love. That's all I want to give you right now. So, yes, they send us a C and D, they send us a indeed a beer brand on board. We really do. Obviously that one makes total sense. It does.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we talk about the C and D. There we go, there's the layup. We're going off our own stories like just a riffing. Hey, that's what you're here for, Alex could job talk about Taylor tells an amazing Hey, that's the best part of the episode, guy, because it went no sense there when Taylor go When Taylor does his pitch for the beer brand, you guys, will.
Speaker 2: Hear it, you guys, someone's here.
Speaker 3: When he goes on his five minute long elevator pitch fucking comment, have fun with the I know, dude, it was all time.
Speaker 1: Just know.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there like, oh ship, where is this going? I didn't know the dust going to land, that plan anywhere? What was like?
Speaker 3: You know if you guys, yeah, you're right, you're right. We'll let them do it, dude. I like that they'll hear it. But also good news on that is people are talking now. So if Budweiser or and I in Heuser Busch is watching, there are some conversations happening. We hope, we hope it works out for the best. We hope it plays out. Yeah, we hope it does good. Like if it does, that's fine. But the same time, would love to have you right swords down in the lster. I put it on the Ground's pretty despricul with my sword. Yeah, but that's life. Bam bam bam. Let's get into it though. Subscribe again, guys. We can't tell you how important it is. We've just heard. We just call it win.
Speaker 2: We had a meeting.
Speaker 3: We had an internal meeting with the boys at our stool and we just heard that seventy something percent of our audience doesn't even subscribe to us.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. By the way, you get a lot of listeners. I got a lot of people who tune in.
Speaker 3: You guys might be sitting there, Oh shit, I haven't done the easy five second thing to hit to touch my thumb to the screen to subscribe.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is subscribe to the Boys.
Speaker 3: And if you're already subscribed, especially on audio, unsubscribe and resubscribe again.
Speaker 2: It helps the Boys out tremendously.
Speaker 3: And again, seventy something percent of our audience is not subscribe to the Boys. Let's start to narrow that gap. And let's do this together because we love you and we're all we're all working together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Daddy's have been working real hard right to put ourselves through medical school. We're on that poll on a daily basis. We've been working our ass off. Once you throw us a couple of dollars by just subscribing and resubscribing, right, subscribe on subscribe rescribing, And it sounds like a stupid deal.
Speaker 2: But if you just do that once, guess what through the roof up the charge.
Speaker 1: That's all we want, Yes, right, without further We don't need to be real cool. Yeah, we can be fake cool. That's fine with us. He's fucking fine with us. Homie'll be fake fucking cool, no doubt.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there'll be an added drops first, and then we will get into the episode of Eric and Ardini, the CEO of Barstool Sports.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, boys, it's time for that first at with Roman. Look, there's no one, No one's perfect. Even the best baseball players strike out with the bases loaded. The best golfer sometimes three putt with the tournament on the line. So if you feel like you come up a little short in the bedroom, sometimes it's perfectly okay. But if it's bothering you, let me tell you a couple of things. Boys, there's options. Go to get Roman dot com slash busting boys.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: With th Roman you can get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for ED all from the comfort and privacy of your home. A US licensed licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan if medication is appropriate.
Speaker 2: It ships you free with two day shipping.
Speaker 1: The whole process is straightforward, discrete, getting started is simple. Just go to get Roman dot com slash busting and complete an online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving home. Complete an online visit today and connect with a doctor and take care of it. Hey, listen, that was the best of your boys ever fucking done, dude. So if you don't go to Roman because of that, that's unbelievable. There's a straightforward way to take care of your ED. Get Roman dot com slash Busting Boys. They're going to take care of you. A lot of people have issues, right, your boy, there was one time in college.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you. It's a bit of a situation, right.
Speaker 1: I looked at her and I said, look, the wheels aren't turned the right way today. So if I had Roman back then, maybe your boy would have took it. It just is what it is, myde I had an buddy from high school. I don't want to be that guy. I don't want to call him. I'm not going to say his name, but that piece wasn't working since like seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: Not going to say names, but it's a bit of a deal. He could use Roman.
Speaker 1: Get Roman dot com slash Busting Boys, enjoy the rest of the show.
Speaker 5: Taylor has the Pat McAfee crazy stare. Do you know what I mean, where you're like, what the fuck is going on in that brain? I was like Pat McAfee.
Speaker 2: Because you know he's thinking the entire time.
Speaker 6: Once you like, you'll sit there and talk to me. This is going to come out in like eight months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you sit there and talk to him, he'll els I go to the left a little bit, and you know, he's like, he's like he's got a holds thinking about what.
Speaker 6: I like that. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I don't know that about myself. It's kind of fun to learn something now.
Speaker 1: I think if I'm a physical statue standpoint, absolutely, But then I opened my mouth and I sound like I'm six, So it's like it kind of changes that whole process.
Speaker 2: Then people play this like limbo.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's kind of like doing one of these like but come on, and you're like, I don't know what to do with this guy. There is like a I think there's a moment of like, yeah, missing link, but he's also like a gentle soul.
Speaker 2: Kind of and I can get mad randomly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I bet you have a very long fuse. Oh yeah, yes, and no, it really depends. It really depends, like you, I think it really really depends in the fuse, like what the category is, Okay, in the age of twenty twenty two, like if the word triggered, like there are a couple of things that'll snap the boy off fast, like what I don't know if I want to say out loud, I don't even know if I really anything that has to do with like, uh, money, If someone starts talking about money, I get a I get tense fast.
Speaker 6: Okay, fine, okay, Yeah, that's let's get a.
Speaker 2: Word deal that people are always trying to take from him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I.
Speaker 1: Grew up, I totally get grew up. I get that I grew up not financially secure. Yeah, and so since I am now financially secure, my biggest story is like, yeah, if anybody tries to take this, I'm about to kill somebody right, break your neck, no doubt, no doubt about.
Speaker 6: It, A gentle kid or no.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: For the most part, then I hit the puberty years and that definitely got more aggressive. Like I had some issues with the law a little bit. Yeah, yeah, I had assault, theft, battery, and robbery in one case, and then yeah, there was a whole like there was a phase about five years in my life. Yeah, I hit them all all but murder and grand theft coo. Yeah, so I've made it past that. That was a fun phase, I guess. But uh yeah, I think as I just get older and I have kids now too, So it's like I ain't fighting nobody.
Speaker 6: For no reason, like an iron marshmallow.
Speaker 1: An iron marshmallow, I'll take that. I honestly doesn't even sound like a bad thing to me.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like a bad thing. No, it really doesn't. Kind of safe, you know what I mean, kind of nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, like you feel kind of protected, but at the same time you can have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a heart in there. For sure, you're dangerous, but you can you're reeling it in now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you, because you're like a CEO of a big time company. I'm sure there's a lot of.
Speaker 6: Intimidation that only has iron inside got you the opposite.
Speaker 2: So you're soft and eating.
Speaker 6: Like real soft and friendly and then.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, right have the ability. Oh absolutely, I would agree with that. I mean, you you're the CEO of barstool.
Speaker 1: You you beat it, you sideway sometimes for sure, working at barschool.
Speaker 2: You beat out how many people like eighty dudes white dude.
Speaker 3: So yeah, eighty white dudes, which obviously you know, barstools known for misogyny bros and dudes.
Speaker 1: That's kind of our thing too, the whole misogyny thing. Yeah, you're like the second woman to ever be on this buck.
Speaker 2: We needed this.
Speaker 6: I'm like, the diversity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're checking a box today.
Speaker 1: Next to a big deal.
Speaker 2: When I was in Vegas, Uh, I was in the hot tip.
Speaker 3: I forget who was I want to say it was teamer last name team or shout out teamer.
Speaker 2: He's like but he he said, uh, you need to have you need to have more black people on the bus. Okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, bro, we got dudes on all the time, and I start rattling guys off. He's like, yeah, but you know recently, just like I mean, we got to get people to Nashville.
Speaker 2: It's not like we're not trying to have We'll have anybody. We're trying to have, right, I'll come here most anyone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh are you discerning?
Speaker 1: No, No, we'll talk to I was gonna play it that for a little bit, but I'm like, yeah, this is also gonna be recorded, so I probably don't want to play that game right now.
Speaker 2: It comes out in twenty years.
Speaker 6: Okay, So how much do you buy the bus for?
Speaker 1: This bus was two thousand dollars cash. Came with all the stickers and if you see like this a little purple at the top.
Speaker 6: Those were pretty racist offensive stickers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I would say like a past defensive just strictly racist.
Speaker 6: Oh just straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, there were a skip all the middle, pretty aggressive, pretty fast.
Speaker 2: So we put about eight into it to do a little soundproofing.
Speaker 6: Who who owned it?
Speaker 2: Some guy.
Speaker 1: We were at this place cat Wedgewood, Houston, just off Wedgewood, and in the back of this warehouse it was like this bus and we didn't know about it. We were working with this different production company and they're like, hey, like we're kind of going through ideas, like what are we gonna do for a podcast? What's the deal? And some of these guys brought up the bus. Yeah, two pieces of how terrible the name is that? Two boys? It was off the two pieces in a pod.
Speaker 6: But it was that sounds like you're no.
Speaker 1: I think it was Taylor's no yang on.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: My idea was, well, you want to call it the Den. I'm like, buddy, what are we doing for wolves? You know, David Goggins and Joe Rogan, That's not who we are.
Speaker 2: But Taylor came up with.
Speaker 3: The two boys in a bus and uh, some gallon Chicago mentioned bus with the boys one bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a play on two girls, one cup, not two pieces in a pod.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even think of two pieces in a pod without you saying it.
Speaker 2: That's untrue. You grew up in Missouri and you went to Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but right rublishing though, I wanted the Den, and I never really deviated until we found like talking about doing the for the boys thing.
Speaker 6: You should make a bar here called the Den.
Speaker 2: We're actually talking about making a ball called the bus stop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'd be amazing, one hundred percent do that. You know we're opening a bar here, right, do you know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like sometimes you guys might keep stuff under the wraps.
Speaker 2: Now let the boys know.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll tell the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're ready to hear you.
Speaker 5: Guys should be like a huge part of it. We should make like a whole year action in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of anything you see in this podcast is contractually binding. Go ahead, Yeah, when is that opening?
Speaker 6: It should open? I want to say, August, is.
Speaker 2: That why Dave was wanting to come to Nashville for a little bit.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't know. He doesn't understand how cold it is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Coming at that time, I thought it was ridiculous.
Speaker 6: It was one of no storm. I was like, that's not going to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he talks about he was on his pot talking about like seasonal depression and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, like, you ain't coming to Nashville and getting this.
Speaker 6: It's a great gambling state for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you guys just open up when in Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Like a month ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But yeah, I love the idea you guys are looking down.
Speaker 5: I was looking at it yesterday and Nashville is all like when you look at downtown Nashville, it's like the Eric you know, Jason al Dean, Eric Church, Like everybody's got a bar.
Speaker 6: You guys should have bar.
Speaker 1: The boys are I think, like a revolving door of bars. What they do here is like they kind of pick and they least something out like two years and will be like Jason Alden's bar, and then a couple of years from that it'll be in Brown's bar.
Speaker 6: So it didn't work, just work.
Speaker 1: No, everything on Broadway is gonna work. If you have a property on Broadway, there's gonna be so much foot traffic, there's no way you're not gonna make money. I think it's just like trying to keep up with times and so like they're in this phase.
Speaker 2: Of like, so Eric Church is hot right now the bar right Eric Church.
Speaker 1: Is probably I mean he's gotta be top five contemporary artists right now, made a big, big chunk and like the tens, I think they're kind of playing to like our age group right now hot, Yeah, because they got FGL House too, right. FGL House is right around the corner. Miranda Lambert's is right in the corner.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that's kind of what they do. And then in a couple of years that will change. Like Old Red is a song of who's Blake Shelton's?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it you guys?
Speaker 6: Pro break Blake Shelton.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there were a size to pick broke up.
Speaker 6: With Miranda Lambert. Now he's with fun.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so here's the deal with that. I actually think all's fair in love and war. Right, So he cheated or she cheated because they aren't.
Speaker 6: Meant to be.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 6: They just weren't meant to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: But Mariana Lambert came with an album right after they broke up, basically insinuating that she was cheating.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 1: And then Blake Shelton came up a bunch of songs about how his heart was broken, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I'm gonna pick sides, yeah, I'm probably gonna pick Mariana Lambert's side. That chick is a bad ass.
Speaker 6: He is a badass.
Speaker 1: Actually, she is my favorite women country singer for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 1: But Blake Shelton's way more famous and very tall, very tall, handsome guy. Look, yeah, he's got a bubbly personality. He's got a thick head of hair. It's really all you need when you get to that age and what you want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can keep your hair, You're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I agree, I get in situation, right, I'm losing it a little bit. What's that the hair? She's like, if you can keep your hair, you good.
Speaker 2: She looked right at you too.
Speaker 6: But why don't you just use rogaine?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like, uh, because you're like in the baby, Ah, don't do that, right.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want to do something rogae and that's not you're not okay to use.
Speaker 6: It's not great if you're trying to a baby.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, that's already real. Yes, now we're gonna have more.
Speaker 1: You're both getting kind of old, ye, how I think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's back in the that's back in the long game, bro, that's back in like Bible days when you need to have it. You need to have kids early. People are having kids all the time now of later dates, are they Yeah, people are, People are living longer, finding out new stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, Talen's dad and my wife. Her father has a kid who's three months younger than my oldest child. No way, Yes, it was a bit of a deal for sure.
Speaker 2: There's a good point. Yes, well I'm.
Speaker 1: Actually playing into your argument. My wife, No, we're dad. Yeah, and his wife not his first wife now older? She I think she's again her mid thirties close to forty. Well, no, he has two kids. No, my wife is twenty twenty eight. Oh okay she uh yeah, she has two kids. Wait the wife of the dad, Helen's dad has two kids or three kids, now three kids. And then we got pregnant and then she got pregnant like three months after we got pregnant.
Speaker 6: Does that take your wife off or is she cool?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean it's kind of like like this philosophy on this bus. Do what you want.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, if you want to have another kid, that's for you're in your relationship, then go do your thing. Do your kids want to play together? We haven't been up to Canada in like four years. It's like the the COVID stuff and then there's a passport deal less year. Anyway, we're going up this summer, though, outstanding play a little hockey, because you.
Speaker 2: Guys almost got caught over there.
Speaker 1: Not a big hockey guy. When you're up there, you kind of got to pretend to play hockey, like, oh yeah, I do that, but uh it's like center tough on the ice, a beast or terrible. I would edge on the side of being terrible.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if you give me a couple of months, oh, no question about it. I don't doubt that. I used to play when I was younger.
Speaker 6: Okay, you used to.
Speaker 2: It's not like riudning a bike.
Speaker 6: You don't think I think it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I got on the skates about five years ago.
Speaker 1: Ankle bending I have. My insteps were basically touching the Yeah it was tough. I was holding, I was holding the corners. But you play a lot of hockey, Yeah, I used to. It's your sport. Yeah, I like to get into that.
Speaker 5: I just spored. I wanted a new sport. I like hockey. I think it's a great sport. I think it's very violent sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done a lot. You've done a lot for women's hockey.
Speaker 6: I've tried.
Speaker 3: What what progress do you feel like you've made in the whole thing, because it's not something I followed very closely outside of all of the outside of a lot of the social media stuff that I see, But it seems like you've done a lot of stuff for womens.
Speaker 5: Women's hockey is really insular, like it's it's actually kind of interesting. It's a sport that's driven in large part by Canadians. Canadians, by their nature, are more concerned. It's just conservative. It's tight. Hockey's tight. So there's still not a women's league. There's still I don't think there's been like a huge amount of progress. The problem is is that to make women's sports interesting, you have to market it like men's sports.
Speaker 6: Like there has to be violence, there has to be drama, there have.
Speaker 5: To be characters, people have to have beef with one another, like, there has to be a storyline that people are interested in. And people tend to market female athletes as being perfect. So it's like everybody's great for you know, it's it's the perfection is almost uninteresting I think.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yeah, no one's gonna watch a sitcom and perfection, right, And I think they're wrong.
Speaker 5: See the hot mess and the disaster, and it's like, who's the you know, who's the Dennis Rodman of women's hockey. You have a Dennis Rodman, then you want to watch you.
Speaker 2: Know, that would be interesting to see a woman Dennis Rodman, But.
Speaker 1: How do you so the general and goal is that that women's sports get paid the same amount as men's sports.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that's everybody says that, Like, that's.
Speaker 5: That's we're all like in the goal. Yeah, but you have to what is it to back it up? Like what does it take to get paid like men? Like how many people watch a Titans game?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Which drives the whole economics of how you guys get paid, and how the coaches get paid, how the teams get paid, how the owners make money. Unless people are watching women's sports, there's the money's never gonna flow. And you know you it's not just gonna be women watching women's sports. You have to make women's sports appeal to men.
Speaker 2: Why do you think people have such a hard time understanding that?
Speaker 1: I think that they because understanding what that you do. People can't just pay Yeah, people just pay right.
Speaker 3: People will cry out we need equal this, or men get paid this and that and the other.
Speaker 2: But you zoom out a little bit. I feel like it's not that hard money.
Speaker 1: It's not there.
Speaker 5: It's definitely not a hard concept. But then there's also there is injustice in it. Like you look at in the US women's soccer versus men's soccer. Who gives a shit about men's soccer? In the US, women's soccer is pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: You guys, Come on, people, come on soccer guy.
Speaker 1: Here, I feel Likeshville, Seashville.
Speaker 2: Yeahbout the boys?
Speaker 6: All right? Do you watch religiously? Are you like a Premier League guy?
Speaker 2: If you're gonna, if you're gonna tell use it to use your mic?
Speaker 6: Okay? How much did that cost?
Speaker 2: Four grand?
Speaker 6: That's a lot of money. I thought, so worth it for the boys. Did you pay for it yourself? I did? Did you go to every game?
Speaker 2: No? God?
Speaker 6: No, why because there's too many?
Speaker 2: So they played from like February to November. It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a long season.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it.
Speaker 1: That is one of the positives about playing football.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's tight.
Speaker 1: It's six months on six months off baseball, you have three months that hockey is similar that way too.
Speaker 2: It's just like, God, how.
Speaker 6: Much is a season ticket?
Speaker 5: How much does it cost to be a season ticket holder of the Titans?
Speaker 6: Do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 6: Would like one hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: No, because to have a box for the season is like one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 6: Okay, so if you if you.
Speaker 1: Have a box with but the thing is if you get a box at Nissan Stadium, you have a first right refusal to any other tickets, Like if a Jason Alden or Miranda Lambert or anybody that comes and plays there, who comes, you can go and sit there and watch that or whatever. Super Slam WW is coming in July. If you want to go see that, you have first right WW.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I wish it was though back in the day hard to get into it, the stone cold days and everything else. I feel like, yeah, I feel like it's just it's just different now it is, you know what I mean, plays in the more of like a superhero characters.
Speaker 6: It's safer than it used to be, right right, right right.
Speaker 1: I feel like getting into it at thirty years old would be tough knowing it's fake. Like I feel like the time for to get inceptioned, yeah was when I was six.
Speaker 6: Or younger, when you were doing Santa.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Still I am in a way. There's still a piece of hope with Santa.
Speaker 6: There's a word for the God. There's a word for this.
Speaker 5: There's a word for like there's a word for when you know something isn't true but you still believe in it anyways, Like for Santa w W.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe life could be in general, Yeah, a general thing.
Speaker 2: WW.
Speaker 1: Though McAfee's crushing WW. He's really just doing everything right now is And I don't know if you can talk about too much obviously, anything you don't want to talk about, we won't. But like, what was that process like with McAfee. Was he leaving us?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, like coming first, coming to the barstow?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well macan is awesome. It's so funny.
Speaker 5: I had a call with Twitch yesterday and the Twitch people are like.
Speaker 6: You may you may be aware of Pat McAfee and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, yeah, but McAfee was just and Mackview was like, you guys, he's just a he's just a huge talent, like he just his personality was so big on the field.
Speaker 6: He was so great at Twitter. He just was.
Speaker 5: And then I don't know if you've ever seen him in person at a live show like he his energy is electric, like he he brings it in a way that very few people do, really different than a Dave or a big cat like his.
Speaker 6: He projects so much and so well. So he was a big get for us.
Speaker 5: I mean, he was one of the first athletes that we I mean outside of Whitney. But he was one of the first athletes we had brought on. He was making the transition from you know, obviously playing to you know, his media life.
Speaker 6: I think he learned a lot. We taught him a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave taught him how to bet right. That was that was the whole thing for a while, even in business.
Speaker 6: Too, business betting distribution. How he may.
Speaker 5: I mean we built him an office, we hired you know, we built him a whole world, which you know was a really good We learned a lot, He learned a lot.
Speaker 1: But when when he is when he started doing the teaching a bunch of business stuff, was he like super eager to learn that stuff? Yeah, yeah, very aggressive about it and looking back on it, if you look at it at hindsights everything where you're like, Okay, his whole plan was to do his own thing.
Speaker 6: Definitely the whole time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, for sure. Does that make you feel sour at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was mutually beneficial for you know, could it have gone on longer?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Would I have had him leave differently? Definitely? But did he learn a lot? Did we learn a lot? Did we get a lot of value? He got a lot of value, right, and I'm so happy for him, Like I truly think he's crushing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that FanDuel protracte was unbelievable. But I saw a thing that Dave was talking about that there was at one point FanDuel could have had Barstool and Pat McAfee for around similar numbers correct, which is which is wild insane.
Speaker 5: I mean then I had talked to Fandle about one hundred and fifty million dollars price tag for Barstool, which in hindsight is crazy, yeah, slash dumb.
Speaker 1: But well it's all dumb. Yeah, this whole concept that we're that you guys are doing, that we're doing. We talked about all the time, how incredible it is that people just want to listen to us.
Speaker 6: But it's the future.
Speaker 5: I think it's so interesting, Like, yeah, it's so crazy stupid, But then you look at traditional media and you're like that's worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, no, no doubt, I one hundred percent agree with that.
Speaker 2: I mean I stream like YouTube, TV or apps like Netflix.
Speaker 6: What do you watch? What you watch? Sports?
Speaker 3: It's mainly for sports, Yeah, mainly for sports, and if not, it's usually like background noise, So like, you know two and.
Speaker 2: A half Men.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, no, not news.
Speaker 2: My news is on Twitter.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, but two and a half Men, family guy, comedy guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I'm playing his background noise, I think yeah.
Speaker 2: But uh, Missouri Midwest?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think Missouri.
Speaker 2: What do you think it is? I don't know. It's kind of like in the middle. It might just be the mid.
Speaker 3: Well, some people like to play until you like to be Southern and they'll fake their accidents.
Speaker 6: Kind of in the middle.
Speaker 2: There aren't Yeah, you got to pick your own personality.
Speaker 6: Right right, Missouri?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, it's where I grew up.
Speaker 3: You're going to go back to live. No, I don't love it like that. I think I just appreciate where I grew up.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You grew up in a small town.
Speaker 3: I go back and you look at it and you're like, I can't believe I fucking yeah.
Speaker 2: And when I'm at where I'm at now, growing up from here.
Speaker 1: But I think the half of our audience right now is like, fuck this guy.
Speaker 2: There's like, you know, there's like three thousand people in Voluntaire.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I love Missouri in a way that I appreciate it, you know what I mean, like just my upbringing and everything else.
Speaker 5: Don't you guys think you're similar to the macafew thing? Like this is tuition for you?
Speaker 2: I think similar in what way? Never paid tuition?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: That it's an education?
Speaker 5: Like you're you you know you get audience from Barstool Sports, You're learning how to publish video, social audio, you're making good money from it. You're learning how you're thinking about how do you build a bigger world around the bus and the brand?
Speaker 6: Like I think it's really similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think it's really similar.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be if you were to work with a company like Barstool and not take the time to learn the ins and outs of how your company works, you're an idiot, Like why wouldn't you take advantage of like this crash course on business which Will has done a much better job than I have, but just watching, Like I think the whole point is is like how do you get to a sustained How do you get your own small business busting with the boys to a place where it can be sustainable on its own? And I think that if any other company is doing that under an umbrella of something like Barstool isn't doing that.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of like.
Speaker 6: Why, yeah, no, I agree with that.
Speaker 5: I think that there's very few companies that are as open as we are to that, right, Like, that's what makes bart so special.
Speaker 6: You have done a great job, I think, an excellent job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the kids really picked it up.
Speaker 1: He's I say, I've said this a whole bunch of times that, especially on the Ryan Whitney podcast too, is like this bust one be what it is without him, Like will.
Speaker 2: Make this on the trail, but don't do that everything. I'll just joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was like Will Will knew his transition was coming and picked the perfect time it's on it to get it, to get into it and start learning.
Speaker 2: So I take no, it's all the time for the boy, But I haven't.
Speaker 5: Think it's true for people who work at Barcel, right, Like that's there's a ton of people at Barcel who don't take advantage of.
Speaker 1: It, which is wild because it's like the guy Trent when we first went in there the first time, big Bachelor guy and he walks in.
Speaker 2: Now he's doing the luggage thing.
Speaker 1: And now he's got two hundred thousan followers on Twitter. It's like, you can you can have your own thing now. You can literally make your own tiny business through that. Like you need to make sure you're doing everything you can. He's just one example. Yeah, and uh, I mean all those people in there. You can't just be like the whole the whole goal is not to be a pawn in the grand scheme.
Speaker 2: It's how do you turn yourself into a queen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right. How do you how do you feel?
Speaker 5: Like sometimes I struggle and like when you're on the field and there's stuff you don't want to talk about and there's shit that shouldn't go on the air, but you have this how do you balance the two?
Speaker 2: Well, it really depends on the person.
Speaker 1: Like for me with football, I just have a general to keep everything more vanilla.
Speaker 2: But there's no reason for me.
Speaker 1: I have my own outlet to say what I want, so to the the basic media. When I go and talk on a weekly basis, it's say the basic things. You know, don't give the other team bulletin board material and move on to Sunday. That's kind of all you really need to do here.
Speaker 6: You like they'll belichick this.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes to an extent. Obviously, I put a little more flavor in next. That's just who I am. Ye.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Never say anything like, oh, we're going to fuck this team up with this guy's trash. That would just it's just stupid to do that. When it comes to this, it's like you can kind of say whatever you want, Like I have rules. I follow rules that Mike Vrabel or head coach, is kind of put in place, like don't talk about injuries, don't talk about.
Speaker 2: About guys, compare guys.
Speaker 1: Don't talk about scheme, and then kind of speak for yourself, don't speak for anybody else. Those are his rules as far as like when you go to talk to the media in general on the team. So I would feel like, I figure, it's it's smart for me to do that here too, like playing scheme, teams plays, what defenses are doing, what we do, what we like to lean on, because it's like, why would you give anything up that another team can look? All right, we play the Titans in October, Yeah, make sure we have that down. So it's not really it's not very difficult to navigate that part. The hard part for me to Navigate is doing this during the season because like on a win, everything is great.
Speaker 2: People love you, think it's amazing.
Speaker 1: You lose, everyone's like this fucking guy and this podcast what a piece of shit?
Speaker 2: All he cares about it.
Speaker 1: No, I think the locker room they are people have become fans. I went when I'm playing football games, guys will come up to me during games timeouts and be like, hey, give me on the bush.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll give them that. Maybe we'll see, you know, kind of shrug them off a little bit.
Speaker 2: Tell them your uh, your how you interview? Tell me your best story. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We had one kid he actually actually told him if he made the team because he was undrafted free agent. I was like, if you made the team, come in the pod. And he's a d tackle from Michigan State and he's like, let me get on the bus. Let me on the bus, and I'm like, tell me your best story right now, and he usually just freeze his dudes up, like if he you don't have the stories.
Speaker 2: Like what are you to come on the bus for?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: To do? What? Sit here and be like you're here, You've made it.
Speaker 1: On the air, there is camera so yeah. We usually do that on the on the field too. If there's like a long TV timeout and I'm around the guy and the askah, give me your best story right now, and they'll kind of be like, well, you know, I gotta take a fucking walk. Then yeah, there's the reason.
Speaker 2: Why I'm doing this and you're not.
Speaker 1: They go scoot, buddy, and then you're like, bam, yeah, so what did you This is a podcast for you, not for us, not for me.
Speaker 3: I wanted to go off the you were talking about the Mike Rabel like values that you kind of brought on the bus. You guys have been talking about doing core values now, and then I listened to Dave and Dave's like, I don't know what the you know, he hates it, and then he hears somebody He's like, yay, I drive with those. Why do you feel like it's been important to bring on core values? You feel like it's being because you guys have grown how many employees over the last year over seventies?
Speaker 5: So when I got to Barsol twenty sixteen, there were fifteen of us. I guess like it was super small, like it was like this not even this big as as your space.
Speaker 2: Is a short bus.
Speaker 5: It is a short bus. Yeah, just because well's on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question. How do you always say hit kitchen hands that stuff? Ok, that's I welcome it. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: I guess so it's my energy. I guess yeah, on her on that Whitney podcast. Yeah, I spin it at some point. It's always smile.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: When I first met my old whenever we would take a picture of you like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah we're talking about photos. Yeah, not that I didn't laugh my ass off.
Speaker 2: Oh what happened on every goddamn show? Oh yeah they're fake. Oh yeah, pull them up. No they don't come out, but yeah.
Speaker 6: I had like somebody knocks them out or like a little chicklets back.
Speaker 2: And I dated a girl in high school that had teeth faste.
Speaker 1: She like really yeah, she's like a retainer.
Speaker 2: It was like holding fourteenth.
Speaker 6: In really inappropriate to say, let's hear that in a second, but this.
Speaker 1: Is let's quickly look at this middle one fourth one in from then on the on the first row, look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh look at those things. It totally changed him. It changed him as a person.
Speaker 6: It changed you always dying to do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, once I kind of got in the league and it was good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was always something I kind of wanted to do.
Speaker 3: And then when I came to Tennessee and I was in like a new a new place, on a new team, you know, a new team knew me. Yeah, and then I ended up getting them, and everybody would try and like do the whole like, hey, it's your stitch man, like it's part of your personality. You can't change that, and nobody cares and z. But now it's a little different. Now you look back at it.
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh, fuck, his mouth was fucked up.
Speaker 6: But at the time they were like, that's your character.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: A couple of people would be like, oh, you don't even look that much different. But now that we get kind of removed or somebody who doesn't even know I had.
Speaker 2: Fakedy or have faketies, so they're like, oh, ship, yeah, they're outstanding.
Speaker 6: They are.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, because you think when people do venears, it's it's easy to fuck up because you could go too white or too big of a tooth in different shapes sizes.
Speaker 2: You did a good job.
Speaker 6: Now like bling on them, like detail on it.
Speaker 1: I would get a grill if I were you, I would absolutely get a grill.
Speaker 2: No for what? What? Grill for what to have?
Speaker 1: No, you get a grill, you pop it on over the teeth just so you can have a little something in there.
Speaker 6: But what's the girl going to be? Just gold? Gold could be diamonds, could be black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it for a job. Would get like a grill to be like, oh, I want to fucking grill.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to have a grill to play in a football game because I think a white dual with a.
Speaker 2: Grill will be hilarious.
Speaker 6: You should do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm might. I think I'm my.
Speaker 1: I need I need Barcela film me about five ten to ten kids, help you out.
Speaker 6: I can appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Sponsored would be like a Chevy keeper on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, get a keeper on my grill.
Speaker 3: Value ship Okay, sorry value shut it up like we're on token CEO or not. You're your own busting with the boys, your show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay on the fastest growing podcasting barceal history. Maybe class as we're going it's incredible.
Speaker 5: But Core values, core value, so we needed so we this year we have three hundred people who work at Barschool Sports, which means basically what's happening is there's people who work for people who work for people who are hot, Like we're bringing on so many people that even I used to have every person who worked for Barstool.
Speaker 6: On my phone. I would have their cell phone in my phone and I would know who they were.
Speaker 5: And because in the early days, it was we were always in trouble and there's always something going wrong, so you needed to reach someone at any time, anywhere. But when we got so big, you just kind of get disconnected from like who are we hiring and what are they doing? And you know how they get here and what do they know of Barstool Sports, you know what I mean? And the thing that I get worried about is when we start to look like other companies, Like the bigger we get, the more we have to work to stay. Like the pirate ship, when you add a lot of people, you just become like bigger. You've just become a bigger company, you know what I mean, more corporate. And I don't really want to be corporate. I do think we should be really effective. So we we have eight values, right, and we rolled the values out because basically we're hiring a lot of people. We should be firing a lot of people, and we should be hiring and firing people based on those values, right like common sense?
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm just thinking that's we were literally just talking about doing thats trying.
Speaker 6: To hire people.
Speaker 3: No, nobody, We were just doing like an exercise last week where were a.
Speaker 1: Couple of people who have been in the back there hanging out my thread were there's a couple of out there.
Speaker 3: Learned like putting together core values and then it kind of dictates the longevity of them, like being there.
Speaker 2: I got it from the book Traction.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't read that book. You strike me as someone to read.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say I read a lot. I dabble in a lot of business books. Well, I get the stuff and then I think I have an idea. I start running with the idea, I forget to continue to read the book, and then I got to come back around to it.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I know, so we have values?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are the core eight values? Put? It makes sense?
Speaker 6: That's easy. That's like the Dave Port and my value.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, he doesn't didn't He's got more common sense.
Speaker 5: Now, big common sense guy sometimes doesn't use common sense, right, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Would agree sometimes doesn't use common sense. Right.
Speaker 6: That's that's Dave.
Speaker 5: That's one to be the solution, not part of the problem. So as we get bigger, it's easy just to sit around and like rubber necks on, like everything everybody else is doing wrong, but like what are you doing to fix it? I get very irritated with that. So that's a value. Another value is put the stoolies first, like put your put your fan first, whether your fan or your customer is a salesperson or a brand or stooley or whatever it may be. Like the difference with us is that we're just so close to the audience that if you're on television, the people at NBC don't really ever think about who's watching this episode of this show. It's a number in a Nielsen rating book, right, Like you guys are thinking about it because people are chirping you based on whether your guests sucked or they agreed with what you said, or they disagree or they think they should be in a different tier or whatever. So keeping your fan first is really important. Like Big Cat's very good about this, Like Big Cat has one of the single highest engagements at barstool because he talks to people all the time.
Speaker 6: He's just always responding. He's always talking to them.
Speaker 5: He tweets, I want to say in a week on average like something like two hundred plus time. Oh shit, So there's these products. He's a great follow, he's a great follow, he's great at Twitter. But he also is highly engaging because he puts it. He's always thinking when they do when they do part. In my take, it's the awl like, how do they think about the listener? How do they think about the listener? So that's value?
Speaker 6: What other values?
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode the shout out the boys that Better Help Online Therapy look. Relationships take work. A lot of us will drop anything to go help someone we care about. We'll go out of our way to treat other people well, but how often do we give ourselves the same treatment. This month, Better Help Online Therapy wants to remind you to take care of the most important relationship, the one you have with yourself. Whether it's hitting the gym, making time for your haircut, or even trying therapy. You are your greatest assets, so invest the time and effort into yourself like you do for other people. I talk about it all the time. My wife and I we do couples therapy. We absolutely love it. We did it before marriage, We're continuing to do it, and I can't tell you how much better I feel sometimes when I'm in there and the boy will cry and for sometimes I have no clue why, and sometimes you just need that awareness that kind of zooms you out a little bit. You leave the room, you leave the four walls. The great thing with the Better Help is they also offer video phone even live chat sessions with your therapists, so you don't even have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can be matched with a therapist in under forty eight hours. Give it a try and see why. Will or two million people have used better Help online therapy. And this podcast is sponsored by Better Help and our listeners are getting ten percent off their first month at betterhelp dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash bussing.
Speaker 3: That's b E T T E r h e LP dot com slash busting.
Speaker 5: Be authentic, so don't be kind of like the vrabel thing, like, don't be something you're not don't speak to something you don't know. That's an important one. Next one is just diversity of thought. Like people think that barstool's so not diverse, but if you walk around New York our office in New York, like we got a lot of weird people. We got people who come from all different places. So being open to other people's ideas. As we've grown, we've we tend to have people who just want to hold things tight and theyre like we do this because we do it this way, and it's like, well, why the fuck do you do it that way?
Speaker 6: Is that the best way to do it?
Speaker 5: People at work, I think don't like to be challenged, Like you're challenged all the time on the.
Speaker 6: Field, like why did you do that play? That was dumb? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like we talked about this when you joined, Like you guys get a lot of very critical feedback.
Speaker 1: And it's literally like, right will you come off the field? If you have three and out and then you come off the field. The coaches only be like have that plays, like why what are you doing here? Like this is not your guy, You're not supposed to be doing this technique. It's very quick and it's weird for us time and at halftime for the game, and after the game, and right like in the morning, like you hit and then the game and then god forbid you watch it by yourself and you had a bad game. You're just watching that thing on repeat, goingsaying right, the tears fucking just sad.
Speaker 2: Second for the next day, you're like, fuck, are you watching? No.
Speaker 1: We used to be when we first started, we would call each other the way home from from podcast, Hey, do you think that was good? Like we have done different blah blah blah, And we're finding more of a groove now of just like really enjoying it and not cutting as much stuff. Okay, we've had a couple of pods that we had to cut what thirty forty five minutes ago. A couple of people bad, a couple guys get a little tips, a couple of guys feel, you know. And then also we like to be like friendly to the person that's on the podcast. So if we had like a we had a Roman yoce on who's the captain of the Predators, and we were telling like first time we jerked off stories and he told his story and then he left and called me and it was like, I probably shouldn't have done.
Speaker 2: That, so we just cut it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was hilarious, and so I think through that it's become it's just become more fun. Like we sit on here for forty five minutes to an hour and it's an absolute blast.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's it's all what it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of the stuff we do is comes from outside of like maybe the actual like stuff we're saying in the episode, like we're always talking, like we're all always kind of like game planning, the way we might word content, the way we might do stuff on YouTube.
Speaker 1: The way we post being changing up Twitter. So I mean a little bit.
Speaker 3: But as far as like us being on the bus, I mean, I don't think we listened to a whole lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: I listened to a lot.
Speaker 3: Of the clips, and then you'll try and find like you know, like watching Big Cat from before him the way he talks to his audience. You start to figure out like these blueprints that are out there and it's like, how can I kind of take my unique way of.
Speaker 2: Doing that to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So look like I think that's I think most people don't like feedback.
Speaker 6: You can't hear me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. When you turn your head, I get a little like, oh, maybe I need to get that.
Speaker 6: Look closer you are.
Speaker 1: And that's a weird thing like the real world that I think is like difficult. Real world people don't understand, like yeah, like if you're criticized, people are like, oh, something's wrong with me.
Speaker 2: I'm this, I'm that.
Speaker 1: It's like no, dude, Like you just got to figure the shit out, Like you just stop. Yeah, if you just stop taking ship personally all the time, you're probably going to be a thousand times better off as a person in general. And so that's kind of even when we started this working with people and not these guys have gotten way better, but the people we originally worked with and stuff like that, and kind of as we got to this core group, it's like you kind of say something that's like, hey, you got to be better and and they get all but hurt and they're upset and like the next day like, hey, you kind of.
Speaker 2: Hurt my feelings, like much trying to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 1: Like we just got to say like, hey, don't do this, do that whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And so I mean, will that you're like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a probably with you too, Like you get in a lot of new people into the building, like there is a time like I know for me, if somebody might take something the wrong way, Like I know, for me, maybe I got to figure out how I can communicate better with them, you know what I mean, versus like, Okay, I'm trying to tell you X, Y and Z, and if I'm feeling frustrated telling you it and you're for some reason missing it or not getting it, then I could probably do a better job of explaining it the way coaches are with us. Yeah, I'm sure the way you are with people coming in creating more of a culture and people kind of getting like a miscommunication, right, It goes down through different people and by the end of it, they're like, well, why wasn't I in the loop on this? It's just like, you know, we're not figuring out how to communicate.
Speaker 6: A little bit better too and be efficient.
Speaker 1: Efficiency's got to be tough with three hundred employees though, And how do you know things my.
Speaker 6: New favorite game.
Speaker 5: So I go into a meeting right now, and I go into the Google meeting, and I see how many people are in the meeting, and then I divide the amount of money we make from that brand by the number of people by department.
Speaker 6: So I'll give you an example. So we had a meeting the other day.
Speaker 5: We had twenty nine people on it, twenty nine people from our fucking company on this meeting. We do twelve thousand dollars in merch revenue from this particular person and we had like five four people technically on the invite there were five, so I divided it by five.
Speaker 6: But it's like, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Like that's stupid, Like everyone should run their business like they're a CEO, whether you're running the bus or you're running a brand at barstool, or you're growing advertising or commerce or like everybody should like we I don't like inertia.
Speaker 6: And I think sometimes when.
Speaker 5: You get to three hundred people or you look at you know, ESPN or NBC are ten to you know, fIF teen times that size, it's just a lot of people who just float things around all day, and it's like that's annoying, Like why that's you don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: From the fat Fat got it from the fat.
Speaker 6: Why do we have four people. Why why?
Speaker 5: What is either so broken in this group that we needed four people to hear the same thing, Like that's crazy, So.
Speaker 2: I guess that checks for all those people.
Speaker 5: Exactly, it's like fifth grade girls soccer, right, know what I mean? Or it's just like everybody's clumped on the ball and nobody's passing or receiving.
Speaker 6: Or know where the goal is.
Speaker 3: Right, because you've recently said you need to start killing shit at barstool, definitely that's the type of stuff that you're talking about.
Speaker 5: That and then we need, like we have a bunch of brands where if you're not if you're a talent at Barstool Sports and you're not willing to like hoofit on your brand, then why are we I'll.
Speaker 6: Give you an example.
Speaker 5: Everybody bitches about homepage promotion right all day long, just complains about homepage promotion.
Speaker 6: Or I had a guy, I had a talent.
Speaker 5: I had a talent last week who personality who was like, I need a raise, I need a bigger contract, I need a raise. I'm doing so much. I was like, all right, let me go look at your Instagram. The last time you promoted merch on your Instagram was in twenty twenty, it's like March of twenty twenty two. So like no, like we're not doing a raise. So it's like you got to put your money where your mouth is. And then it's also if people if the best part of barstool sports is the freedom, like you can do whatever you want, Like Dave will never block that, I will never block that. We want to enable really smart, funny, creative people to do literally whatever they want. If you don't take advantage of that, then like we're not gonna babysit you. And that's the difference, like we're not gonna What we started doing wrong, quite honestly, is we started to like give everybody a crutch, and we started to give everybody a handout and give everybody like a little bit of a leg up, which just condition from them to ask for more versus learning how to do it for themselves.
Speaker 2: And what ways are you giving crushes.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, hey, let us get you a camera guye let us get you another producer. Let's let us give you someone to do the social for you.
Speaker 6: Give them all the tools, all the.
Speaker 5: Tools, but then they never had the thing. Yeah, And it's like if you don't have the thing, then why should you have all the tools right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you teach them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: How do you go about teaching them now?
Speaker 5: Well, now it's like, go do it yourself, and if it growsed, I mean, you guys are the perfect example of this. You had this before we even came along, right, You knew what you wanted. You had a vision, you knew the dynamic, you knew the vibe you wanted to create, you knew the things you wanted to talk about, you knew the environment you were going to build, and then you came to us and we're like, hey, help help us blow it up?
Speaker 6: Like we need a partner.
Speaker 5: People need to do the same thing now, Like if you need like if you look at all that matters right now is one minute videos on the internet, period, full stop. Long form doesn't really matter. Short form, social video is the name the game? Original video? What is the what do the algorithms want? The algorithms want the phone as close to your face as possible.
Speaker 6: You do not need a producer for that, or a.
Speaker 5: Cameraman or an editor, or a graphics guy or a social person like basically the back of the bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get the boys were set right now, there's a lot of boys here.
Speaker 6: You have a big team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think with that too, Like obviously having a show, I think like plays into it. There could be different examples, right right. You could be like if I'm an employee at barstool and I'm a talent at barstool, very much like the Little sass is the Caleb Presley's, like the guys who can sit there and hold their camera and use their phone and just use their phone. Yeah, obviously you got these guys because.
Speaker 2: We gotta get an operation going on in a show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a very produced show. You're building the bust in world. You need to produce that. You also need to compliment it with short form one minute videos of your faces, right, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: We could probably do a better job one hundred percent, especially me. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've definitely you It's nuanced, you know, it's definitely it's.
Speaker 1: A it's a balancing game for me, But I think I've taken it. I've done obviously way more of this offseason than I probably ever have.
Speaker 5: I think you're more relaxed than I've ever seen you right now in general and now Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I probably agree with that. Hey kick me again, I'll beat you at this place? Has that relaxed? No, I triggering exactly. That was an example of how I get tired fat, how do we hold it to do well?
Speaker 3: And we were just talking and coming back from the Magni Show, like, man, they just have fun, they get their jokes and they start doing feed into it.
Speaker 1: I mean it gets mad when we're just trying to do the snaps. No, I definitely am uh, this is the most calm I felt.
Speaker 2: Probably. Oh, last three year has been tough.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been tough for like with a PD than an ACL coming back from an a CL It's just been not fun. And so this is a place where I think it's just it's just fun to do well.
Speaker 2: It's a yeah, it's and it's it's easy.
Speaker 1: In a way like the it's harder work, but it's easy because it's fun. Like I'm enjoying doing this and I'm realizing now more than ever that this is like a fun if life was a game, this is the game I want to play, you know.
Speaker 2: So I'm yeah, I've definitely been enjoying this.
Speaker 6: Helpful to you guys on that, what do you Whitney like in life after.
Speaker 1: He was like the way he came in, did the pod and had to boogie. But when we were talking, that is something I think every athlete thinks about. It's like, what's gonna happen after I'm done? And when you first get in the NFL or whatever sport you are. I'm an example of this is like I'm I'm gonna play till I die. I'm gonna die on the football field, and it's like you get t your eight and you're like, fuck, like my knees are shot. More than half of it's over now, you know what I'm saying, Like how much more you got in you? What are you gonna do? And I'm super lucky that will came to me with this.
Speaker 2: Three years ago.
Speaker 1: It was like let's do a podcasting or whatever, and now it's like became way bigger than I think we ever expected, and so it's it's been a cool deal. I think most I think a lot of guys jump into real estate for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Guys are jumping in real estate. There's a lot of people like if I have a conversation with something, who were we talking to? I forget who we were talking to, but they were saying, like players will reach out to them all the time for media gigs or media help and trying to get into the media world, talking you wait until you wait until the game's over to try and get into stuff. Yeah, it's very like diluted after that, like you become a former player and ex player. It seems to me, for like lack of a better term or easiest way to describe it, you seem a little more desperate trying to get into something versus striking while the iron's hot, like while you're in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Ryan does help about with that.
Speaker 3: That Ryan Whitney, Pat McAfee, all these guys that we've had on who are successful now outside and off the football field, because that's those are guys that I've like looked to for examples and like how do they do it? And everything else because three years ago I thought at that point, I thought that next year would probably be my last year based on the year before. Fortunately I've been able to do a few more. But last year, I know, what's crazy. Yeah, what's crazy is, uh, yesterday I'll tell who it was after the pot, But yesterday I get a message basically say hey, we possibly have a spot if you want to be our fourth linebacker, call the defense and play special teams. M M yeah, talking about you know when you know, I'm responding like if this is real, like keep me in the loop, but what I have to show up for training camp?
Speaker 2: I know who it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we'll talk about it after without saying it, but uh, but yeah, every year does feel like and it's.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know, I feel like I'm.
Speaker 3: A lot more comfortable in my chair now versus you have some insecurities on who you're gonna be after not being a football player, Like there's that party that wants to play football badly or to be seen such a certain way on the football field, and like it's just you know, you you gain awareness and perspective on this situation to where it's like you just find your groove and everything else and you become more relaxed and like who you are.
Speaker 2: I feel like, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every year a few years ago to be like I'm retired after this year. We're staring after this year. I mean, I still pretty much say it. But Charle, my wife was asking me not too long ago, I'm like, you know, I don't want to never say never anymore. Justin Bieber said that, right, right, right, because you never want to be so committed to something that you won't take like a better situation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Are you bored?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I'm just fixing my mustache. I'm enjoying this conversation.
Speaker 6: You use gel No, I don't use nothing.
Speaker 2: I should.
Speaker 1: It's just gotten so long. I need to do something about it.
Speaker 6: We're gonna do and reader what, Oh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hit the ass? You want to do that?
Speaker 6: I want to talk about bud Weiser.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so do we That navigates too, because you know, we don't want to ever come out.
Speaker 1: I was on the phone with who is a Paul who does all of the legal and I was sending him the other day what a podcast for Will? He's just getting lots of compliments. This is a way digger than.
Speaker 2: The Ryan Whitney podcast. It's just like the opposite.
Speaker 1: It was like you and I'm such a cheap too, my joining and yeah you are great.
Speaker 2: You started he started it when you started talking. Yeah, you're a piece of shit. Will. I want to say you started it? What do you mean you say? Hey? You got to get your word count up. Well, yeah, dude, you were like a tweet.
Speaker 1: At that point, We're thirty minutes inacters already talked about this.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got to be a better listener.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta be No, I'm saying you as in like I got so said, yeah, one must be a better listener.
Speaker 6: That's smart as a technique.
Speaker 1: This right here, the yes, the outline or the numbers, well the numbers, who cares? WHOA don't say that? Now this is my go back. Yeah, it's my favorite part of the podcast. Oh really, it's me knowing where I'm at. Yeah, it was so how much more time do we have?
Speaker 2: Well that doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That's when we started. Actually it's already served its purpose. But but this is for some reason, I have a weird deal with it. I have to like, no, you have to know where we are. Where we are, okay, I like, yeah, I gotta know saying you like the outline.
Speaker 6: I just think it's a smart way to do it.
Speaker 3: We started getting that's a great example right there, you get all the beam path.
Speaker 2: Or like, oh, this is important.
Speaker 3: She asked questions to Taylor, and then we started getting a little deviate off the path.
Speaker 1: We did do a path in the beginning that I'm trying to figure out way to get back to which I'll figure out that way in a second.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Outstanding people. We're gonna say navigate the conversation.
Speaker 3: What I was saying with Paul is I just send him like six different videos before I could put that one on the internet, because he's like, you know, you don't say you know, you might want to not want to say this or.
Speaker 5: Budweiser, I would Why are you giving a legal person that much control of your life?
Speaker 2: I don't. It's just personally, I would love to work with Budweiser.
Speaker 6: So you don't want to sit there, Why Budweiser? Why Budweiser is.
Speaker 1: Never going to work with you because we already do it for him all day long.
Speaker 5: But probably their biggest ad spend that they spend zero dollars.
Speaker 7: So then why do we got to get to C and D exactly bud Wise, we have a we have a complicated relationship with Budweiser. Why is that because so one loved them, love the Aannheuser Busch company. But and they used to be a big, big partner for Barstool, like one of the earliest advertisers awesome, would work with them in a heartbeat, but I think they started to see us as competitive right when we launched Pink Whitney and we started to we started we had talked to them about doing something together, launching something together, and then I think they were like, are you a friend or are you a foe?
Speaker 6: Because ultimately, like you should have a beer partner.
Speaker 1: You have a bug on the bus, I know, especially the first time, it really is like an investigation. This has happened, but don't don't let the bug track. So they thought you were friend or foe. They didn't know what to do with you.
Speaker 6: Don't know what to do with you.
Speaker 5: So and then they get a lot They were getting a lot of free advertising, right, Like Dana Beers was like, you know, he's crushing right. Million one were feeling their like Northeastern product budget because we're just buying so many beers.
Speaker 6: But and also it's just a ton of free advertising.
Speaker 5: And brands are smart like that when they get free ads, they're not going to pay for them, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some some brands are just more advanced than others.
Speaker 2: Like Apple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apple will send out their headphones to players and be like don't even post about it. Just wear them, just enjoy these and that's it.
Speaker 6: And you probably love that even more.
Speaker 1: I think, oh great, I'm getting headphones, and then you realize you take a picture and the headphones in as you're walking in the locker room, and that's all they wanted.
Speaker 6: That's all they got you, just like that.
Speaker 2: Madden. This is a great example.
Speaker 3: Player ratings are Madden, and you get everyone all fucking up in arms about Mad ratings.
Speaker 2: It's just free advertising, no doubt.
Speaker 1: So how do you navigate the waters with Budweiser given this situation? You're at the bug. The bug is now part of the bus that we have to accept that as if that thing was buzzing in my face a second ago.
Speaker 6: Is this going to trigger you or no?
Speaker 1: No, this is not a trigger point for me. The authority is the thing that triggers me the most. I have an issue with authority. Okay, yeah, but anyway, it's.
Speaker 6: Not about an authority issue, not really.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I have awareness.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that's outstanding.
Speaker 2: That was a perfectly place all right.
Speaker 6: So but let's get you a beer.
Speaker 3: Partner, dude, I I do I think we need a beer part real ass.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Taylor. This is why this is the talent of Taylor on what story about drinking a beer. Let's say Dostekis is trying.
Speaker 2: To get us.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 2: One time.
Speaker 1: I was in Mexico with my buddy and We're at this beach called Manni's that's right in Rocky Point, Mexico.
Speaker 2: We're hanging out.
Speaker 1: We're having a bunch of dos Seki's having a great time. I'm sixteen, seventeen years old, and these three girls I went to ASU kind of come down. We're playing game. We're playing the Limbo game. Are you interested? Am I interested? Are? We're going to play this game for the rest of the night. We start talking with them. So it's me, my buddy brown Bear, and my buddy Nick, and we start going down this row of bars and we end up going to the beach and I start talking some girl up. I'm like, hey, what's going on with the disc? I have a boyfriend, so I knew right then. And there I'm the boy laying on the grenade for the crew. Okay, this is what I have to.
Speaker 2: Do for the squad.
Speaker 1: And my other two buddies are already tonsils deep in these other two broads are having a great time about it.
Speaker 6: You're going to be the wing man.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm the wingman.
Speaker 1: And so we end up going to the beach because romantically that's the thing you do when you're sixteen seventeen years which is right outside the bar, and we're kind of talking. My buddy, oh, we don't put his name in there. My buddy blank goes onto the goes into the ocean with this girl because apparently that's the move. And so they're getting thrashed to hook up in the ocean. Given we're trying our best.
Speaker 2: Right, and we're just playing.
Speaker 1: We're playing the most recent porn we've seen in our life, right, We're jumping back and forth. Well, I saw them do this, so I'm gonna do that. But with water, it's so much more romantic about thinking salt water and crevices. It's not gonna be a good deal for either of us. They go out there and do their thing, and I'm sitting with this girl kind of just talking to her, well my other bottle, but he's playing tonsil hockey, and I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go grab myself in the other dose. Sechis So I cruise over to the bar and some lady comes up to me, grabs you right between the legs, grabs me right to it, snakes me right there, and I'm like, are you feeling good?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh? She was mid.
Speaker 6: Thirties, okay, cougar, cougar. She was a.
Speaker 2: Resident of Rocky Point, Mexico.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she comes up to me, squanders my boys, and I go, oh my god, there's immediate like you get a little bit of a head rush, you loose some blood there, add some blood there.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: And she looks at me and says, sucky, sucky, and she like smiles at me. She got about as much teeth as a jaculator. All right, she's got one here one theres all of the bus and you're thinking yourself, I could fit in that crivis, but you think she's a level even heads prevail. So I'm like, no, I'm good, I can't do this. And I go and I get my delicious dosequies because they're just It's what I needed in that moment. And when you're sixteen seventeen and you're able to drink, like, what else are you gonna grab? You're gonna grab the doceecis. So I come back on the beach and I look at my buddy brown brow. I'm like, hey, dude, you gotta try this. Go walk to the bar like you're gonna go go get another do secis and this grosing cup to you and grab you by the penis. And he's like, I don't want to, I don't know, and uh, I'm like, just go, fucking dude. So I ended up talking him into it, and me and this girl like sitting there washing like this is now a game to us.
Speaker 2: The same thing happens like clockwork.
Speaker 1: Walks up and she comes out of the alley way like she comes out of the alleyway like surfaces like a demon and grabs him just the same way. But he's immediately I was a little more like, okay, what's going on here? He was immediately like no, I'm good, I'm all set. She reaches into his pocket, pulls out all his money, and he goes from loving happy brown Bear to hood brown bear. He's like, what the fuck give me my fucking money, starts yelling at the girl.
Speaker 2: There was like no, no, no, Money's in the ground.
Speaker 1: Money's in the ground, and she darts back into her little her alley way that goes out to the main street. So he starts counting it realizes he's missing about eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: Chases after this.
Speaker 1: Broad and I finished up a hurry drinking my Dosecui says. It's like, I'm not gonna leave this on the beaches. That a joke, Cli like some crab can get it. So I put it down and I drink it. I chase after the guy and uh. I get to the alleyway and it's like literally like a high school fight scene is about to go down. Like these two are sitting like kind of squaring off with each other, this girl and my buddy, and he's like in her face about the eighty dollars, and there's like a flood of Mexican Yeah I have now, like yes exactly, I came around to fight each other and they're all drinking dosequis obviously, and I come up to my like, dude, you can't do this. Like the police starts showing up, and in Mexico, you're sixteen seventeen, you can't be if the police are around. You got a buggy some dude named beat though he's about five to two tall, about five four round.
Speaker 2: The guy.
Speaker 1: The guy had his own gravitational pull. He was so large. He comes waddling up to us and he's like, uh, He's like, hey, what are you guys doing here?
Speaker 2: And he's like, this bitch stole my money? Brown Beard, not me. I would never call him at a bitch. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He says, this bitch stole my money. And he looks at her and he goes bitch and he goes, yeah, this girl stole my money. And he was buddy, that's not a girl, that's a guy. And he pulls on this jack, a leanard woman and she's got a bulge bigger than mine with a sock put in it. It was outstanding. It was as a sight to see.
Speaker 2: So anyway we got out of there.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to question myself a little bit because I got, you know, at the beginning. But all of that started with a great night of do scus. That's right, And I think that's it's important.
Speaker 5: Thanat love you that that story should definitely get your beer sponsor right.
Speaker 1: Make a little bit longer than an elevator patch, that's all right, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But it was a quality story one that I haven't heard. So I enjoyed that. Yeah, I made it up from the top, So I'm glad it all worked out. Did you make it up? Now?
Speaker 1: That was one hundred percent true, based on a true story, based on a true story.
Speaker 3: Some things are I think the way brands market themselves through uh, through individuals now and through brands like barstool bust with the boys, I think it's the way to go versus creating your own thing or do you want to own me? Especially if you're a beer company and you want to own the athlete market? Definitely, why not partner up with the boys who are.
Speaker 6: On the young guy market?
Speaker 2: You know, we're some young guys. Youngest.
Speaker 6: What did you watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We watched Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: Okay, do you watch the ads? Yeah, that's the most important part of that obviously. Yep. I thought they sucked.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say Every Years so cheesy and it's so three frogs.
Speaker 6: But why, I do love the Clydestale.
Speaker 1: The clyd Stales are awesome. And I think they had one too where a bunch of horses are playing football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cowboy, that was crazy Jack.
Speaker 3: They used to have the banger, he says, the banger. Commercials have bangers. Now, maybe you need to get the frogs and the boys together.
Speaker 1: God, imagine if we work with the frogs that great, it would be incredible. We had to get those guys out of retirement, bring them up, put them back on their lily pads, and say what's up? Yeah, that would be an outstanding gig.
Speaker 3: You think it'd be awesome. Obviously we're talking about Budweiser and everything that happened. But even with that, that video that went like the local Guy Dale the local guy text saying that a guy who can make decisions regionally was embarrassed about it. And they're trying to get because again, you might have somebody up at like h Q and New York or something that sees something and makes a decision based on what their dynamics are.
Speaker 5: Defend their marks, right, Like that's their brand, that's their business. If somebody ripped off the barstool logo, I'd go pepe shit, you know, right, So I get where they're coming from.
Speaker 6: It's like, could we make a baby together, make a baby with Buddier?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't we got you guys, Maybe I'll help you because I don't want to paint this bus.
Speaker 1: But we're going to have to if we can't work something out.
Speaker 6: Definitely, Yeah, because we just we just give it.
Speaker 2: Dude, I love butt heavy, but we would need to look into.
Speaker 6: Is but heavier go to? Actually, don't say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say that.
Speaker 6: You're opy.
Speaker 2: I'm a free agent to go to. That's right, peakyback rice mash, that's my go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whistle figure is delicious. These little cans, I know, they're so good, right standing black beer, lemon fizz. Yeah, you jumped ship.
Speaker 1: I did jump in your fresh ginger line?
Speaker 2: Is that number three on your You have a lot? We usually have more, but I don't know what happens.
Speaker 6: We can do a little more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why is that like that?
Speaker 6: This is amazing? That right?
Speaker 3: That is true, But there's usually more. Yeah, there's usually a lot more good delicious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what counts.
Speaker 1: Usually you think your center piece would have a little more to it. But we're all about the main course.
Speaker 6: I got you. That's all about the steak.
Speaker 2: This is it. You're welcome. You bring up the deal. Listen.
Speaker 1: I was gonna read over these ads today, but I saw Alex pop this thing up. I absolutely love Georgia, but it's unbelievable. They stuck with the boys since day one. Not day one, but you know what I'm saying. When they jumped on pretty early and they've been going all day every day with the boys. If you haven't seen our YouTube, our YouTube and audio, sorry I forgot, we're just doing YouTube the spring ball tour, spring ball tour, yep, don't know why this is so difficult for me right now. And went to Nebraska and uh and Georgia boot jumped.
Speaker 2: On board with that whole thing. So that's formal the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they and listen, you got so many compliments. And I bet they were comfortable as hell too, or they they lasted me the whole time. They're my only pursuers that brought Georgia boots. You're lying, yes, God, let me.
Speaker 2: Just say a couple of these things.
Speaker 1: They want me to read this, but this is a personal guarantee if you guys do at Georgia, but you're gonna absolutely love it. Georgia butt is the world's most comfortable boot. Da what they're.
Speaker 3: Living And I guess he goes, he goes, you're lying, I go, yes, but I was I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not lying when you're flying off the cuff here. We are just having a good time, right, We're having a beautiful time. Yeah, and you know that, the whole Georgia Boot thing. It's a beautiful time when you're wearing those also, Yes, understand.
Speaker 2: Super comfortable.
Speaker 1: I get a little I get a little cranky when my feet hurt when I have Georgia boots on.
Speaker 2: I'm never cranky. It's a little cranky when you're Some things are a little too expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do get I get frugal, believe it or not, let the people know it or not.
Speaker 2: Comfortable and affordable.
Speaker 1: Georgia Boot is I love to got a little bubble in the throat, tough weekend in college. Georgia Boot is the America's hardest working boot. For eighty years, Georgie has been making boots that work as hard as you do. Tough enough for your job, cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots, so comfortable you never want to take them off. Every time I wear these boots, people ask me where I got them. Whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, or just grilling out with some friends. These boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and loggers around. Whether you need waterproof boots, steel toast, soft toast, square toe, med metguard, non puncture shank, non slip soul, they've got it. And let me tell you of all those things, I couldn't tell you what one of those things mean, but if they sent to me, I put them on.
Speaker 2: I probably be a little.
Speaker 1: Safer, especially with that non puncture shank like that sounds like a bit of a deal. You probably want to wear in prison, am I?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know you keep them toe safe, you know what I'm saying, homie, But hey, if you got to exist to those in prison and go, go ahead and do it. But head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off. These boots are already so affordable, and you're taking twenty percent off that you're basically stealing from the homies. So go and enjoy. We love you. Back to the show. Yeah the out line, Yeah, fucking that, fucking enough we again. We got the CEO of Barsool Sports on It's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, one thing I do want to know, how do you Obviously you've probably gotten over and you probably don't give a fuck as much near anymore.
Speaker 2: But the whole.
Speaker 3: Stitch with the way people try and place you guys in the box of like miss and white male driven base, Like, how do you deal with that stuff? How do you guys pivot in some areas?
Speaker 2: And how do you end as a as the CEO of Barstool Sports handle that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 5: The first thing I would say is that people aren't There are people who hate Barstool Sports, who are always going to hate Barstool Sports. And if I were to spend when I first got to barstool, probably for like the first two and a half years, what I what was truly expected from me in the industry was just to apologize for Dave. Just apology tour, right, like, go get all dressed up and go stay sorry for everything David had ever done or ever said.
Speaker 6: And the reality and that only got worse.
Speaker 3: Like you should have just did like a fucking tour throughout the country the apology to the apology tour exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what I realized one is to start that to start down that path, it's a bottomless class like, it's just truly a bottomless glass.
Speaker 1: And that the because of Dave or because of these people, the whistleblowers.
Speaker 6: The whistle it's not even whistleblowers.
Speaker 5: It's just like the PC culture is insatiable.
Speaker 6: It's just insatiable.
Speaker 5: And I think that people are human and flawed and so interesting and strange, and that it's just a journey. And if everyone were to look back on your sixteen year old self or your twenty two year old self and have to and you had the cameras on you that entire time, like, you would never finish apologizing. So I was like, I'm just not going to apologize. Dave never apologized and I wasn't going to apologize, and.
Speaker 6: People don't like that.
Speaker 5: And then what added to it was that essentially we started to eat people's lunch.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: It was easy to ignore us or write us off in the beginning because we were so small, and then we became bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger, and we started to take audience away from people, and we started to take ad revenue away from people, and we started to take time spent away from people and then the other thing was when you when podcasting really started, you know, the ESPNS and the NBCs and the CBS's and the nfls and all the authorities were like, of course we'll be the best at this, like we are media, and it was like, no, with a podcast, you really just need a microphone and maybe a camera and a really good opinion and a funny person in our case. And so pardon my take became number one, and then you know, Chicklets became number one, and four Play rose to the top, and the Dave Portnoy Show, and we started to be a top five player and start to take take airtime, take interest, take attention away from the establishment. And the establishment doesn't like that obviously. So then it only compounded the notion that we were you know, we we were disruptive or we were renegade, and how we were doing things, and that we were just not going to be accept did so I remember, you know, the tearing and guys who were invested at us originally when I got here wanted us to get on television. They're like, really need to get on television. So I spent a year trying to get us on television. If we got on television twice. Both of them are canceled like fairly instantly. ESPN and then Comedy Central, which was a great experience, Comedy Central more so than ESPN.
Speaker 6: But the realization there.
Speaker 2: You cancel from Comedy Central.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a pilot, we had like a four night pilot at the super Bowl in Houston, and then they did that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they didn't want to do it.
Speaker 5: It's just so stupid trended, you know, crazy high ratings. But the reality was is that when a when a traditional media brand has a shield, in my opinion, when they have the brand, things that are disruptive or or counter to that brand are not often welcome in that environment.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: That's why you know McAfee, if McAfee were.
Speaker 5: To go have a sh show on TV, it would be a really different show than what you see on YouTube because he would have to conform when you look at you know, even when you looked at Van Talk, right, like who Pft and Dan were on ESPN is a very washed version of and they they worked so hard to stay authentic, but it's just a muted version of who you can be on the Internet. And so you know, I really I felt like I had a choice of like, do I just go triple down and build this thing as big as it can be and be as formidable as we can make it, or do I try to cater to somebody trying to accept you know, acceptance essentially, and we were just never going to get accepted. So I think the narrative of like misogyny and bro culture, and you know, I think that's just convenient. I think it's just it's puttered around by people who really don't care to listen to any of our shows, or watch any of our shows, or follow any of our personalities or see why our business is so radical.
Speaker 6: It's just a convenient.
Speaker 5: Thing to say because it's been in a bunch of headlines and it just tries to keep us in the box.
Speaker 2: What is bro culture?
Speaker 5: I think bro culture is like white guys, right, have three white guys?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think bro means white guy.
Speaker 2: People would for sure throw us in that box.
Speaker 3: People that did, people that don't you know what I mean, people that I'm trying to wonder what's wrong with it?
Speaker 2: You know, can please them all?
Speaker 1: Please them?
Speaker 2: Like, oh that's a bad deal.
Speaker 1: I get the misogyny thing, yeah, but the pro pro culture, yeah, are you just hitting a demographic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, what do you want to say.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's outstanding that you went through those avenues and found out like, okay, TV's not for us, mainstream is not for us, like all this shit because like at the end of the day, like authenticity is going to prevail over all this stuff. Like when we used to watch TV, well growing up, we would see like but yeah, the NBC is CNAs, the Foxes like all this suit, buttoned up type of style and that's like going out the window.
Speaker 5: Now you don't want to hear in the wrong direction. I behind a desk in an outfit you don't recognize.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why in the last five years barstools now it's three hundred employees and I think ESPN what they fired over one hundred.
Speaker 5: And they're not Look at if you look at MTV right like, I'm like an MTV kid, I grew up MTV. If you go look at the programming guide for MTV right now, they run ridiculous, like ridiculousness.
Speaker 6: All fucking day, sixteen hours an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are uh?
Speaker 1: Which is crazy because what their programs were when I was growing up would be killing it now?
Speaker 2: So rotten?
Speaker 1: I asked the cky uh the show where you like put three guys on a bus and then they owe next. Yes, Also, that was fucking awesome if you had shows like that now, holy shit, dude, Room Raiders, Yes, dude, Room Raiders was fucking unreal. You do that and the girl just picks between three guys based on what their room looks like. Like, that's love for sure, Go and flush that down the toilet. That's fucking unbelievable. You put that out there. Now, you wouldn't have to run ridiculous, right because that's.
Speaker 5: Like the only But they don't know how to produce it for the Internet because it's like, so it's television.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I guess.
Speaker 6: You're exactly right.
Speaker 5: Like MTV was so radical and it's music videos were so radical and then the reality piece of it was amazing. Yeah, it would be so killer right now.
Speaker 2: What the cribs? Cribs just still thinking of shows.
Speaker 3: When you first got the bar seool and you leaned into where part of my take went to the top Spin Chickens went to this top for play. What were things you implemented when you got there that kind of grew you guys into what you are now, because obviously if you started out kind of with a crew like this, you come in as the new big week CEO. Just being out all these dudes, like what were things that you implemented right away?
Speaker 2: That kind of sparked it.
Speaker 5: I really when when I got there, we had the Kevin Clancy show, pardon my take, probably had one or two episodes. Dave had a probably want a handful of episodes on his show. I wanted to see us get beyond blog. The majority of barstool in twenty sixteen was a blog. Like they were bloggers. They blogged to every thirty minutes. That's what these guys knew how to do, they wrote. But what was happening at the time was like podcasting was just beginning, and it wasn't expensive, right. I didn't have much money here, Like we didn't have a huge production budget, we didn't have sets, Like we were like spending all the company's money on opening an office and getting everyone to New York.
Speaker 6: And my thing live was starting. So Facebook Live had.
Speaker 5: Just launched or was about to launch, and Twitter had bought Periscope, and my thing was like just turn the camera on these guys. If we can just turn the camera on and get to video, then we have audio and video and we have written content, and can we figure out no one would ever give barstool a chance. We most media companies are built on some type of distribution cable television, broadcast, television, newspaper, right, magazines. We our distribution is the Internet and social media, and so we just started to have eyes only for that because no one was going to ever come give us a leg up and give us their distribution. That's why I wanted television as I was like, I'll take your eyeballs. I can give them shit that they want to watch. We'll take your eyeballs. And then they're like, we're not giving you our eyeballs, and I was like, all right, well Instagram, lets anybody take eyeballs, So I'll just go be great at Instagram. So it was all about like, how do we start doing more stuff in more places and then protecting them like letting them do protecting them at all costs, like keeping I kept the business really far away from our creative people because every company that I'd ever been at, when you when you kind of fuck up the content with the sales stuff. It just it ruins the rawness. It ruins what made the content great. So I just tried to protect them.
Speaker 3: Was was it difficult or was there a learning curve when you first came in and you're around these guys. You know, you're around these dudes who are like making content everything else, seeing you as like the decision maker and non necessarily decision maker because you guys worked as a team, but you coming in and giving your input.
Speaker 5: They are so good, Like Barstools the least sexist company I've ever worked for. Like there was like I worked for Yahoo, I worked for a Well, I worked for Microsoft, Like huge amount of sexism, a lot of bias.
Speaker 6: Like these guys.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I'm telling you the adversity when you're on the bush.
Speaker 2: It's just a little bit.
Speaker 5: No, they were really good to me. They were just from the jump. I don't think they cared like they It's a nice thing about Barstool. It's like just nobody cares, you know what I mean, Yeah, just nobody cares. Well business wise, like, yeah, Dave was awesome. Most times, if you go to a startup and you have an external person come in, that person the founder is like oh wait, that's my job or you know, I want to control that. I want to make all the decisions. Dave did not want to, and yet I wanted Dave part of most every decision because I really value what Dave has to say.
Speaker 6: So we just we had a good thing going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely it's ten eighteen. Oh it is just to keep you, just to keep you posting? Can you throw that thing up? Working with Dave? What is it like working with Dave?
Speaker 2: And how is it? How is it? Uh?
Speaker 3: I guess changed and more so over the last couple of years because again, you guys are growing at a huge rate, the whole corp British like core value thing. Obviously you guys stick to who you are and what you know. But like your guys' relationship throughout these past couple of years, especially like when people try and cancel you guys all the time.
Speaker 6: Like what it like working with I.
Speaker 5: Love working with Dave. I think Dave's probably the smartest person I've ever met. Like, Dave is so smart?
Speaker 2: Damn like that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, how so, so he's just.
Speaker 2: That's why he's a smart ass dude. But the smartest person you've ever met.
Speaker 6: He content wise, he's a genius. He's a genius.
Speaker 3: Like the world doesn't see behind Cloe does when he's talking with you in those rooms.
Speaker 5: No, I think the world sees it like it's so it's in some ways so obvious and or basic, yet it's brilliant pizza reviews, Like that's not a radical concept. But the way he does pizza reviews. Look at how big that brand has got, Like it's insane. He has pizza nos just his own propulsion, you know what I mean. So you know, in the beginning, we in the beginning, it was you know, it's tough like it was. You know, we didn't have a P and L. Like there wasn't no one lived in New York. We were trying to build an office and open an office and hire people and fire people and go go through like making a company out of barstool. And you know, now we have different problems, right like how do we work with pen where do you know?
Speaker 6: What do we want to be when we grow up? How do we motivate people?
Speaker 5: So I would say, like I just would say, our partnership is pretty collaborative, like he knows what he he knows what he knows, and he does what he does, and I know what I know, and I do what I do, and we stay in pretty close contact on all of it.
Speaker 6: Shorthand mostly, Yeah, what do you guys want to be when you grow up? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Like with Pen, what's the future of Pin? Look like?
Speaker 5: I mean, Pen's interesting, I you know, I think the media business is going to be the most interesting part of Penn. Like when you think about how big, how big all these brands are and how how many products you can create from them or how many shows or formats you can create with them.
Speaker 6: We have sixty four brands. It's a lot of brands.
Speaker 5: Like you look at the size and valuation of Viacom or Discovery or Disney, like we're you know, are we Disney for bros?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? Or what's that for? And bros?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Like girls, you know what I mean? Young people on the internet. So it's like, could we build something really big there? And how can Pen? You know, how do we get more more people to obviously want to know how to bet, be confident to bet or excited about betting.
Speaker 6: You know that's important to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know nothing about betting.
Speaker 6: You're not a betting guy.
Speaker 1: I've never really done it because when you play football, it's one of those things that you're never really allowed to even jump into.
Speaker 2: Calvin Ridley, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Prime for the whole missing an eleven million dollars contract for fifteen hundred dollars insane, fucking wild. But yeah, that's something that when I'm done, I want to learn how to do. I want to know the ins and outs of because I feel like we talk about all the time like that's where this that's where all this is going, that's where the money is, that's where all that stuff.
Speaker 5: The big talent contracts right now are not coming from media companies are coming from sports betting companies.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, explain that because just on the outside looking in, FanDuel spends all this fucking money DraftKings, win, bet MGM, all this stuff. There's also a sports book and pen. But you guys, maybe it's because I follow you guys and I'm just aware that you guys do the Bartol Sports Book. But from an advertising standpoint, it looks like you guys, you guys aren't all these things the way FanDuel and everything else is as far as like the prime sponsor.
Speaker 6: I guess no, I mean it.
Speaker 2: They seem way more mainstream.
Speaker 6: We used to be.
Speaker 5: Now we just talk about our bets and we bet obviously in the sportsbook, how.
Speaker 2: Do you guys stack up to the competition?
Speaker 6: Top three player?
Speaker 5: But when you look at it, like if you look at a FanDuel and DraftKings, they spend their marketing budgets are insane, like three hundred million dollars, like an insane amount of money. Billions and billions and billions of dollars are spent on advertising. What those guys are figuring out is that the television doesn't convert very well, or it doesn't convert the way a personality converts, the way a barstool would convert or a Dave would convert Dan or you guys if you bet, or McAfee. And so they're moving their money into those guys. So when you look at where fanduels marketing dollars are going to go, they're going to go to personalities. And that's why, and if betting is just a front runner, all businesses will move that way. You know, package goods, you look at travel and leisure, you look at automotive.
Speaker 6: You know you look at Chevy. Chevy wants twenty somethings.
Speaker 5: To buy trucks, right, you are a killer platform for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. If we killed lunch pail motherfuckers did, no doubt lunch pail motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: All right, boys, you guys have heard, probably heard a lot about revot.
Speaker 2: Let me start that again. It's okay. I know I'm gonna get through this, but we're gonna ride this together.
Speaker 3: Probably heard about Revitalite a lot by now you know the drill. It is the adult version of a certain drink you find in the baby aisle at your local store's, Walgreens, Walmart, all that fun stuff. They took away the embarrassment we meet at the register by putting their brand in places where you can now buy beer, wine, and liquor across the nation to make your weekend shopping even easier.
Speaker 2: And you can even get it done on the barstool store. Now.
Speaker 3: Well, the boys that revived are taking things to the next level and teamed up with us to create the ultimate way to save yourself a rough morning after. Thank god we have these in Nebraska, because that morning after was a little rough. Revitalate black label made specifically with the stoolies and the boys in mind for maximum recovery in the perfect compliment for when your life gets a little rough and rowdy in those mornings after. Don't pay for Saturday nights or Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Revitalight Black pay for Saturday nights on Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: Don't pay for Saturday nights on Sunday mornings. We're saying three times out the boy, That's what we're saying. Revitalight Black label pairs perfectly with nightcafs and midnight snacks. Your night stand will feel naked, scared, and afraid without Revitalight, so stock up quickly. Pro tip drink half at night and the other half in the morning for the most optimal results. Pick up your Revitalight Black label today in store or online at the Barceol store and tweet at us or tag at drink Revitalight in your morning after stories. Please do that shout out to the boys and it has always big hugs, tiny kisses.
Speaker 6: Are excited about your tour.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's gonna be awesome. I did get the boys. Will fill me in on the weather in Nebraska for this week. I'm a little pointed in.
Speaker 3: Zero degrees looking at snow in March. I was sending back like, fuck, yeah, it is kind of like that out there.
Speaker 1: You kind of forget, right, Yeah, yeah, going to Michigan, like I kind of forget what the weather's like out there too.
Speaker 2: You think the summers, like all the summers.
Speaker 6: Are beautiful, it's like balm me compared to Nebraska, this like, Oh, I wish.
Speaker 1: You'd think because I've never really been it's a little more north.
Speaker 2: What's that. I've never even really been to Michigan like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna have a blast, You're gonna love it. Wait's not standing time for you. Like people will make fun of Nebraska because there's literally nothing there, like people like more cows than people, more cowsand people. So I'm excited to see what Nebraska has to offer because if you want a kid to come to a five star athlete to go to Nebraska recruiting it, yeah you gotta like but yeah, but not really.
Speaker 2: Right you think wholesome, homegrown?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt homegrown right there, dude, some thirty broads, you know what I'm saying That Just I'm just excited because they have.
Speaker 2: Such a historic program.
Speaker 1: They the last thing that want the NAT Championship was win don't say ninety seven, Yeah, I mean it was, but no, Michigan won.
Speaker 2: In ninety seven.
Speaker 1: But I would say that like if the story programs like Nebrassa's, you know, they didn't have the best year at best three and nineteen in the whole entire all time of all all time, not even touching what Michig had a big up year, But like there's something there's more to Michigan as far as like to see and do and like. And Arbor is an amazing town brand, God does it ever and so but I think Michigan can do a lot of things that you were talking about what Barcel's doing, not exactly the same way, but kind of like be a little more progressive about the stuff they do. Everything's so traditional with them, and it's like if you were just like, hey, unbutton the suit tie, unbuttoned the suit collar, just a little it, let us get in get in there.
Speaker 6: I'm actually more and more disappointed with.
Speaker 1: You think like if I'm a s U, if I'm an ad at a SU, I'm like I'm getting every five star athlete.
Speaker 2: I didn't go there because there was too many pretty girls.
Speaker 1: There's literally the main reason why I did not go to Arizona State University. And if you're Arizona State is like, like, you have amazing weather. It's always sunny out. There's people that are living their best lives. Everyone's in shape, because you gotta be in shape to be in Arizona. You're not wearing a sweater. You can't hide that thing. You go up north, you can have that real.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 2: You gotta wear long everything.
Speaker 6: It's a Nebraska recruiting plan.
Speaker 1: Facilities, Yeah, but Alabama's got that, Michigan's got that, us.
Speaker 2: Sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think that's the hard part for Nebraska now is like back in the nineties and back in the old days, like they were, they were winning, they were the ones on.
Speaker 2: TV because not a lot of games were televised.
Speaker 3: And when I was getting recruited, the whole stitch was like, if we can get if we can just get recruit to come out here and see that it's not it's more than Nebraska, the cornfields and stuff like that. Usually guys would commit because we have great facilities. But now everyone's able to build these facilities, so they're gonna have to go above and beyond where I think Nebraska can compete is all the whole new ni L layout because there's a lot of money, there's a lot of boosters, there's a.
Speaker 6: Lot of they will date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nebraska will do a lot to try and win.
Speaker 5: Will be more aggressive in letting players make their own money.
Speaker 2: I think so or I think people come into it that gotta be a genius player.
Speaker 3: You're especially looking at free agency now with this with these college athletes, and so you know just that you.
Speaker 6: Guys shouldn't have ANILE.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily know because we're look at the position we're in right now.
Speaker 6: It worked out, got it?
Speaker 2: Did it? Ever? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, Yeah, I don't think I would really care about the NILE thing. I was clear for Pelgrint and I still didn't file for it. You know what I'm saying, Like Pilgram, you're a big college living and it's like, I don't only know NFL Anyway.
Speaker 3: I thought this because even back then, like if we would have had NIL then that means we would have had social media. Well we we did, but we were more in the incubator stages of those.
Speaker 2: But you have had social.
Speaker 3: Media coming out of high school and we would probably just saw ship differently because that's what kids are now.
Speaker 2: Definitely is the this is.
Speaker 1: The place you want to be for sure, through all that bullshit colleges. It's the fucking wild West of sports for real.
Speaker 2: It's gonna kind it's gonna get nuts, man.
Speaker 3: Like again, you're opening up a Pandora's box of all this money flowing around. And I still think like the big dogs are gonna still reign supreme because they're gonna find ways to.
Speaker 5: Well, they're not gonna want in the universities don't want the money to go to the athletes, right, the money goes to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think now, I don't know if you've heard this too, but the SEC is kind of like making them their own super conference. It's gonna try to get away from the n C Double A SEC.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's gonna see the se n C double A out of it. Like talk about a monopoly like they have. It's great as greatest business of all time, it really is.
Speaker 6: It's so smart, great business.
Speaker 2: We're using these kids.
Speaker 6: Here's what we're gonna get paid because that's unfair.
Speaker 5: That's what we're gonna do legal for them to get paid, right, so we're just going.
Speaker 6: To keep all the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a control all the rights, right, genius super genius.
Speaker 3: Kids are figuring out a little more and more though, I mean guys staying out of bowl games and doing this and that, and coaches like because the universities will make the money, right and they'll pay and do all the incentivised the coaches in this and then and coaches can stand up there. You know, it's it's the best saying if they're about the team and they stay for the team. But then you know what's his name from Notre Dame goes and takes that job at LSU.
Speaker 2: Brian Kelly. Yeah, Brian Kelly's kind of out in front showing like, yo.
Speaker 3: These coaches, everyone's everyone's in it for themselves.
Speaker 1: And what a fucking weird approach that guy had when he first got to l s U, like pretending to have a Southern accent with bro. Yeah, and then like he did a great pivot by making himself making fun of himself on it like a basketball game. But like someone had to when he was in the mirror going all all right, y'all, do we're gonna have a great time down here at l as if someone was like, hey, Ryan, probably don't right, like you've been in Notre Dame for the past ten years, like no one one who knows this shit you No, it's even be like you just walked through like the swamp, like I'm here now I've done it. What a hilarious thing. But I also love that he just tried it. I love the fact that he was just like, all right, we're gonna give it a go. But I think that that might take away from sports a little bit, like the camaraderie of the boys because that bariness early. Yeah, because camaraderie like comarader is good in our locker rooms, but it's not the same as when we were back in college.
Speaker 6: And you know social media.
Speaker 1: No, I just think I have a social media just because it's you're in the real world while playing sports. Like in college, you're everyone's in the same playing field. We're all going to class, we're all working out its exam, you're all boosting on Fridays to figure out the weekend.
Speaker 4: Wives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the NFL.
Speaker 1: Like when I was a rookie, I'm playing with dudes that are thirty three years old and I'm twenty one. I adjusted at twenty one years old. You like, what the fuck these guys have four kids at home and I'm like, damn, yes, you know you're not. You're not living the same life. Yeah, so it's all it's way more spread out obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a job for sure.
Speaker 1: That thing needs lighting up too, by the way, Yeah, just the whole process of the NFL is just that just needs to light in the fuck up.
Speaker 2: We're at like ten thirty thirty. You got anything else? You got anything?
Speaker 6: All right? What do you think about the metaverse?
Speaker 2: No, no, don't let that go blost. That's she's a she's a boss man, she knows how to flip it.
Speaker 6: Are you in the metaverse?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I just I've just been watching like a few things on it, so, I mean it seems like that's obviously where we're transitioning to, is like the VR world. So with this being like a big brand and being usually in front of everything, I was just curious if there was a plan about the metaverse.
Speaker 2: The way you guys, you know, you just bounced around that fucker like.
Speaker 5: I don't think that we So NFL is actually decent oddly in the metaverse.
Speaker 6: They have a metaverse, but they have a whole metaverse strategy stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys were at Blocks. You guys were before everybody else with the Internet. You understood what it was going to look like.
Speaker 5: We can understand how to work it in somebody else's system. Where we have to figure out the metaverse is like Roadblocks, Like, do you guys know Roadblocks?
Speaker 6: Roadblocks is fucking insane. You should go look at Roadblocks.
Speaker 1: Roadblocks, Roadblocks r O b O l O X okay, roadblo genius company.
Speaker 5: Really, So what Roadblocks has done is Roadblocks has like thousands and thousands and thousands of games and each game is a world. Right, So there's Blocksburg where it's like you have your own house, and you have a job, and you have a car, and you can meet your friends that you can meet your friends in the game, right, get him off the.
Speaker 6: Screen, all right?
Speaker 5: So that's Roblox. So there's thousands of worlds in Roadblocks. Robots enables kids to develop their own games, so they're developing new worlds for free.
Speaker 6: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 5: And then imagine barstool can have you have a bus and T shirt in there, or you're on the bus, right, the bus is in a game, or one of the games is a pizza shop, right, so what's one bite in the pizza shop?
Speaker 6: So that's what we're thinking about now. I don't know in terms of what Facebook will be. I think they have something called Horizon.
Speaker 5: Somebody from Facebook asked if I wanted to have a meeting in the metaverse, and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I was kind of excited to see, like being courtside like at games and stuff like that. Like if there's a way to incorporate like fans of the podcast and bringing people into the bus through VR, definitely would be a pretty cool.
Speaker 6: We just wanted to scale.
Speaker 5: Like, so, I think there's a couple Like there's blockchain, right, so like the blockchain is going to be its own thing where you buy something, you buy a bust In sweatshirt or you buy whistle pig, and your receipt can be an NFT, right, and then there's a brand around the receipt or around the item you purchase. So everything that exists physically will exist in a virtual world and will be uniquely identifiable on the blockchain.
Speaker 6: And will be uniquely monetizable. So that's one piece of it.
Speaker 5: Then the second piece of it is like, do you create the virtual bus and people come in here and hang out? Definitely, but you want it to scale, Like that's our thing is. We're not going to go build a world that nobody goes to, like I want to be in the biggest worlds in the like with the rowdiest bunch of people, right, And so that's what we still have to figure out.
Speaker 2: We haven't figured that out yet. It's so fresh and new too.
Speaker 1: It's so new it's going to fail and then it's going to be brought back up and beginning.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So it's like yeah, people they're super ratty. Yeahty.
Speaker 5: It's like it's not that it's going away, but it's like no, but it's it's like whose dick is.
Speaker 6: Bigger in the internet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And it's like, why don't we let them play that and then we'll figure out what business you do?
Speaker 1: Fallly n Fts too, I mean, the whole all of it, all of it. It just seems like it's a guy. No, yeah, no, I'm not in it. I don't understand it enough, Like this. This company asked me. It's called Meto Wolves. They asked me to do something with them, and I said yeah, and they said, they give me some n fts. Uh, So I posted a couple of things. So I have n fts now, But like, what do I do with it?
Speaker 2: How does it work? I kind of just hold on to it like a stock at this point.
Speaker 5: That's right, but it will become Look when it you know, it's like the gronk has his NFTs.
Speaker 6: Right, it's all going to be about your It's all about nil.
Speaker 5: It's nil for grown ups in the in on the blockchain, I would think about it. You're gonna have fifty pictures of the bus. Two of them are going to be gold plated. Yeah, and there'll be value. There's neck, there's an economy around here.
Speaker 1: Should go plate the bus in real life too, every bad ass.
Speaker 6: Like give the bus a girl the bush of a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does technically have a girl, but a lot of different gold girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gold on Simon there forever. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has been awesome.