Speaker 1: It's time for your prank call. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and today we call a woman who's a little nervous. She's been dating her boyfriend for a few months now, and she's about to go with him to his parents' cabin to meet the family for the first time. What she's not expecting is Brooke to call, posing as her boyfriend's sister, ready to give her the inside scoop on how the family really is. That's definitely something different about them. We'll see how she takes it in her phone tap right now.
Speaker 2: Working Jeffrey's phone taps on the twenties. Hello, Hey, is this Hayley. Who is this? I thought this is my bank calling me back here? Then, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, no, Hi, I'm Amanda Luke's sister.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god. Wait really what are you surprised? Yeah, I'm a little sick right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, he gave me your number, and I just have to say I have heard so much about you, good.
Speaker 2: Things, normal things.
Speaker 3: Okay, nothing I'm repeating back to you right now.
Speaker 2: I've heard amazing things about you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Gosh. Are you nervous to meet the fam?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like Honestly, I kind of don't worry.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be such a fun night. But my dad will probably want to take charge at dinner though.
Speaker 2: Take charge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in terms of the feeding, I mean that is part of the reason I'm calling, because Luke did say you have a dietary restriction.
Speaker 2: I just can't do dary. Sorry to be a pain.
Speaker 3: Not a pain at all. It just means more cheese for me when daddy does the feeding.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that? Why do you keep saying daddy does the feeding or something like aving silly? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Luke didn't tell you?
Speaker 2: Tell me what? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, just so you know, our family is extremely close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's mentioned this before.
Speaker 3: We like to take care of each other and be affectionate.
Speaker 4: Oh what do you mean, Well, during the meals, Daddy baby birds us.
Speaker 2: Oh daddy, who.
Speaker 1: Daddy?
Speaker 3: Daddy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he does baby bird feeding.
Speaker 2: What with his mouth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like prechewed food transfer is what we like to call it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, are you kidding me? Are you hereiou?
Speaker 3: What's the problem?
Speaker 2: Well, what do you mean? That's weird, isn't it.
Speaker 3: My parents used to do it for us when we were little and it's just really good bonding. I feel so close to my dad.
Speaker 2: And okay, everybody, So like you're not joking, like this is a real thing.
Speaker 3: Luke did tell me this might rub you the wrong way. I just really don't want you to feel weird about it. It's really not a big deal.
Speaker 2: No, it's a little bit of a big deal for me, because, like, you know, we're going to the cabin together this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so what you're just gonna be alone with us, watching us.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Wow, it's more like eh, oh oh wow, that's.
Speaker 3: An nowise my daddy makes though, not me if I just slurp it all up. Oh, you're already having fun.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not happy.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, it's just because you've never done it before. I mean, once you get to the cabin, we can start you off slow with like broth sharing or even just lemonade.
Speaker 2: No. Uh, I'm sorry. This is gross to me. This is grossing me out.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's not gross, it's bonding. You do it during the holidays with eggnog.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh I feel like I'm gonna I'm not.
Speaker 3: You're just overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 4: That happens with some people.
Speaker 3: Some people like Okay, I didn't want to bring up x's but last year Luke's old girlfriend cried because Daddy baby bittered her some fish and there were still bones in it.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Oh he didn't do it up purpose. Daddy had no idea the bones were still there.
Speaker 2: Can you please stop saying the fish and the daddy and whatever you guys are feeding each other. This is just too much for me right now. Okay, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I'm getting the vibe. This isn't your.
Speaker 2: Thing yet, so it will never be.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm gonna mark you down as independent eater, low contact dining preference.
Speaker 2: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: But if you're watching others and you feel comfortable just throwing it out there, you can tap your head and Daddy.
Speaker 2: Will come to your head on the table. Don't be ridiculous, way kidding me. I'm sorry. Just get weirder and weirder up. Okay, you're kind of back in. Huh No, this is young thing. I can't be in. It's just funny that you can't just say your head on the table. Definitely shot what I was saying.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you're laughing, so much that I feel like now is a good time to tell you this is a prank phone call. This is actually Broke from the radio show Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and your your boyfriend Luke set you up for this phonetol.
Speaker 2: I imagine that we're dining at the table, like I'm like, I'm yeah there, open up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got it, You've got it down.
Speaker 2: Broke in Jeffrey's phone taps on the twenties