Speaker 1: To Cook's al ahbody coming play.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. If you're seeing Adam Sandler at the top of the show, you know things are not going well. I need your help, guys. I don't usually do this, but I'm asking for the audience's help. I need suggestions for things that I can podcast about other than Yankees baseball, because right now, quite frankly, Yankees baseball is too boring to warrant a daily podcast. Can we do something about parking regulations, maybe something where we recap grass growing or paint drying. This might be the most boring season of baseball in my entire conscious baseball watching life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I remember the ninety one to ninety two season, but I was excited that it was baseball right I was young. I was like, yay baseball. Who gets if they lost? It's fun. I am bored to death, and that means we rant. I have watched some bad Yankees teams. I have watched some horrible Yankees teams, but at least they stunk for different reasons. Daily. What's boring about this team, About this specific team is that it's like watching the same game every single day. Zero runs, one run, two runs. There was a time this year where they had like three hits for four straight days. Today they got four hits. It seems like every day they get three or four hits. How are you supposed to win anything like that? And it's the same formula. Good pitching keeps us close, keeps us in the game. But ultimately we sit around waiting for somebody to hit a three run home run that never happens. Game over, be bored with life, do a boring show, and before anybody goes to the immediate like reflex of let's fire the hitting coach, well they've done that. They've had five hitting coaches since twenty twenty one, Marcus Tims, Dylan Laws, and Sean Casey, Hensley Ewens and now James Rowson. Different people, different voices. It's getting progressively worse. And yes there's some injuries, but you've you can't tell me. You cannot tell me that other teams wouldn't be able to score with the players we got. It's the organizational philosophy. We've been saying it over and over and over until we could puke coat hangers. At some point, you have to admit that the problem with the organization and the way they hit has less to do with whose name is on the office door for the hitting coach, and more with the instructions they're getting from the organization. You know, you can tell me. Maybe it's launch angle. Maybe it is. You can tell me. Maybe they spend too much time hitting off the traject machine, which is a little bit different than hitting off of actual human pictures. Maybe they do. Maybe it's the analytics. Maybe it's the philosophy. Maybe it's fucking voodoo. I don't know what the problem is, but something has got to change. This is absurd. Something is wrong with this organization. It is poisoned. And listen, it is August. Okay, there's no trade coming. This team has got to fix it, and you're not getting Judged back for at least a month. You might get Bellinger back soon, but he alone is not gonna fix this. The best hope, what the Yankees have all of their chips on, three hundred million dollars worth of chips on, is that Stanton comes back and Judge gets hot for the postseason, and that those guys carry it to the World Series and you get some decent pitching. That's what the Yankees have put all of their chips on, and you know what it feels like. I'm watching poker. I'm watching poker on ESPN, and you can see everybody's hand, and you know that the Yankees have a losing hand and they're just riding out for that river card. They're just putting all their chips down. Come on, give me that ace. Not gonna happen, guys, this organization needs to look internally at their entire operation. Not one player, not one coach, not just the manager, it's everything. They are poisoned. We got scumbags like Randy Levine running things. I mean, we have got to just do an overhaul. You know, if Hall cares about this legacy of this franchise, you know what, take another two billion, take another five billion. Give somebody control, somebody else control. We've had it, You've had your chance. Somebody else needs to take the reins because this is bullshit. The Yankees are supposed to be about entertainment and about fun. We got a great comment here. Whatever happened to that audit they were gonna do? And what did it reveal? It's like, I bet you they audit them, audited them themselves, and they were like, you know what, we audited ourselves and we found we're doing nothing wrong. That's that's the feeling that I get. And people are starting to get pissed because this is this is how New Yorker is, at least the good ones. This is how we uh, This is how we spend our time. This is how we relax. This is how we're supposed to have fun and enjoy our summers. Ball games, home runs, bass, hits, runs, sirens, fun shit. But every single day, every single day, three hits, four hits, nineteen ground balls to shortstop. It's exhausting. It's exhausting. And I feel bad for Cam Schlitzler today because he was solid, one run over five and a third innings. Listen, he is the front runner for Cy Young. That doesn't mean he's gonna win it. You can be out in front of something for a long time thinking you got it wrapped up and then watch somebody else celebrate at the end. Just ask the San Antonio Spurs. But you know, today he was fine. It was a little bit of a grind, but he did fine. The Yankees offense didn't help him. Guys, this is ubsurd. I'm gonna let you guys drive the bus A lot today. We're going to take a lot of voicemails. First, Let's get to the good, the bad, end, the ugly. Tran Grishamo for three, Ben Rice in a horrible slump. OH for four, Elliott Ramos loafing down the first base line today. OH for four. Luis Garcia Junior had to hit. Spencer Jones had a hit and a stolen base. Jazz what else is new? OH for three? Lombard at least one for two with a RBI and a walk. Ryan McMahon took the collar. Wells had a base hit late. Cabe Ara didn't get much playing time. Neither did Ali Sanchez, but maybe they should. But not a good day for the Yankees offense again, just four hits in this game. You gotta do better. Brt Bateman had two hits. Nathan Lukes had to hit, Alejandro Kirk had a hit, Okamoto with a knock. Jimenez did some damage. Ernie Clement continues to torment the Yankees. Two hits and Charlie McAdoo great name, two for four, two RBIs That is the good, the bad, and the ugly. Mary Beth says there is no good. I'll marry Bath you're a card, all right. So the nitty gritty guys, this is usually where I recaped the game, but I have like three things written down. I have like three notes from this game. Nice piece of hitting by Spencer Jones off the lefty down and away went down and got it doesn't seem like his helmet's falling off anymore. So either he got his helmet resized or he's you know, shortened up and being more of a chill bird up there. Cam through the ball. Fine, blue Jay's tied it off of him and the fourth anybody pitched out a damage didn't go deep enough, but hey, it's not his fault. Offense has got to do something. Bullpen didn't have a good day today, but the story is going to be that the Yankee just don't hit, and rightfully, so get to the breakdown. Not much to break down, as I said, just four hits and two walks, nine strikeouts, and they left three men on base. They did go one for three with runners in scoring position. Nice hit by Lombard. Luis Garcia Junior hit the hardest ball to day, one hundred and eight point seven off the bat cam. Schultzler topped out at one hundred point five a lot of ground balls today, nine ground balls. Half of the Yankees batted balls today were hit hard, ten out of the twenty and they averaged ninety two point six exit velo. And there's a lot of emphasis put on exit velo. And we got a call about that. And the reason is because there is a strong correlation between hitting the ball hard and getting hits. But for some reason that doesn't work out for the Yankees. Maybe they have predictable landing spots, like predictable batted ball profiles. I don't know. I don't know what the answer is. If I did, I would fix it, but I can't. Not from here. So take a look at the division. Rays and Orioles tied in the first at zero zero. Red Sox will play the Pirates later on. Sonny Gray looking for win number fifteen on the season. Jared Jones came up last year or year before, looked amazing when he first got to the major leagues. Ninety eight miles an hour, nasty slider. Has not really turned into the dominant pitcher that I thought he was. He's two and four five point oh three. He's going for the Pirates today, and of course Yanks dropped one to the Jays four to one. Yankees now seven games back in the American League East. You can probably forget about the East. Here's a quick word from today's sponsor, and then back with a bunch of voice.
Speaker 4: Let's talk Fabletox, shall we. They have a Zaro for every season. We're wearing it as we talk about it. It's soft, it's comfortable. I wear it on the show sometimes on FT. What else do you love about it? Krats?
Speaker 5: Well, I have it on right now and I'm all about quality. But you know what, you know how good your clothes are when you're a parent and your kids keep stealing all of it. My daughter stole the sweatshirt, my son sole one of my t shirts. So it's got to be nice looking.
Speaker 4: And if it gets a little bit chillier then it's layering season and they've got layers for the fall. Shop now at fabletics dot com, slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so do not wait again, that's fabletics dot com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 6: I wish the load would take me.
Speaker 2: Okay, a couple of super chats here, real quick. Jim Sherlock says, you gotta get to the Yankees because they fall without their best players. You're gonna get them credit. I'm struggling. I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to read that. You got to get to the Yankees because they will fall without their best players. You're gonna get them credit.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Appreciate super chat. Here's Hank. He says, since the All Star Break, the Yankees have recorded a collective team batting average of just two oh three, making it the lowest team batting average in all of Major League Baseball. Anyway to go, guys, All right, here's a call about Jazz.
Speaker 3: They they're great show. I just want to talk about Jazz Chisholm right now. It's something that a lot of people probably are thinking, but nobody has said it. So we talk about his body demeanor. Obviously he's struggling on the field and in the box. But something we know about Jazz he probably is smoking that as though. If we look at his body language, if we look at his eyes, we look at his responses after the game, he's sluggish, he's slow, he's down as he should be. I mean, he might be a little bit sad about his performance, but something about his demeanor and knowing that he's smoking as well, I feel like a lot of his mental errors and lack of mental clarity, lack of sharpness, lack of making adjustments in the box in the field might come from some of his hobbits.
Speaker 2: All right, well, interesting call. I'm not going to speculate on what Jazz does in his free time. All I know is that he's not hitting, and you know he could be. He could be smoking that Devil's lettue.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to speculate on that. All he knows he's got to play better.
Speaker 6: Here's another call.
Speaker 1: Hey there, this is a joke from Connecticut. Watching this offense is like having something just repeatedly gabbing you in the eye. It is painful to watch this and like, and I keep hearing I.
Speaker 2: Know you keep hearing it too.
Speaker 1: Michael casays it all the time. Aaron Judge makes the huge difference this offense wouldn't be this bad without Judge. I agree, it wouldn't be this bad without Judge, but these are professional hitters that have a professional hit poor approach, and these debats are horrendous. Now, my question to you is, like, if all these guys weren't hurt, we got sixty eight wins, how many more wins do you think we would actually have right now?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: I think we would have more, but I think that's largely in part due to two anomalies. One, Aaron Judge is a freak of nature, and he's got his own hitting coach, by the way, and he would be putting up huge numbers. So that's a few words. I mean, you figure if he's worth ten wins the season, he was at like two before he went down, so figure he'd be at like seven by now. So let's say five more wins right there. So now instead of seven games out, you're two games out. And then do you make up two games difference between Bellinger and Stanton. Well, you know, Stanton was about league average last year, so he's about like a one something war player, so maybe and Bellinger, Yeah, maybe he gets your win here or there. I think they would be probably close to first place without, you know, if everybody was healthy. That being said, a lot of it is the anomaly of Aaron Judge and John Carlo Stanton's insane power. He changes games with one swing. That's not baseball, that's not a philosophy. And I talked about before the season, I did. I do companion videos before every season. Reasons to be optimistic and then reasons to be pessimistic. And one of my main reasons to be pessimistic was that you were putting too many eggs in the Aaron Judge basket again and it didn't work out. It didn't work out. Here's another call.
Speaker 7: Hey, Derek Mark from Wilmington, North Carolina. Love the show.
Speaker 6: So let's just talk about the pitching for a minute. If you're a pitcher on the Yankees, how many do you have to be?
Speaker 7: They're just not getting any run support whatsoever.
Speaker 6: And one other note on the pitching, Paul Blackburn, I mean, this guy should be like the turnaround picture of the year right at one point seven. E l doing tremendous.
Speaker 7: He's been great, a great job, keep it up.
Speaker 2: Got some big outs today. Shout out to Wilmington.
Speaker 5: Here's Frank.
Speaker 6: Yes, Hey Derek Frank here from Clayton, North Carolina. It's the bottom of the eighth and as he was down four to one, and I'm just sick and tired of this team. The lack of hustle. They showed Rama's dog and a ground ball today. Just just a lack of care urgency. And it's this falls directly on Boone, directly on Boone to manager, no matter what happens the rest of the year, you know, God, so we get knocked out in the first round, we need to change, if change a voice, change for next year. Anyway, I'm done with this team, you know. It's it's it's the same thing every day. It's boring and God the rest. A great rest of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Here's Rick from South Carolina.
Speaker 5: A great call.
Speaker 7: By the way, Hey, Derek. Rick and South Carolina were through seven innings of this one today. Uh typical pathetic Yankee offense. One run, four hits. Uh prediction they score one run in each of these three games and get swept. If they can't hit any of the bullpen pitches today, how do you think they're going to do against Shee's tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: This is really really hard to watch.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That's a great call, and I agree with you. If the Yankees get one run tomorrow, you have to call that a success story. Here's Wade Dariy.
Speaker 8: It is Wade from Kentucky. Again. I'm gonna keep this gun short just to say that the Aaron Boone era has turned the Yankees into a disgrace. Aaron Boone has made the New York Yankee name a disgrace compared to previous year's teams. Thank you have a good show.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it falls all the way on Boone. I think it's Brian Cashman. Cashman has Let's let's look objectively at Cashman's career. Okay, he inherited the Gene Michael dynasty. He inherited that right. Michael handed it off to Bob Watson. Bob Watson won. Bob Watson couldn't take Steinbreder, so he took off, and they handed it to the only guy who would willingly and happily put up with George's shit, and that is Brian Cashman. Cashman got a couple of championships on a roster that was already built. The only time that the Yankees have won a championship. Outside of that era under Brian Cashman is two thousand and nine, and what happened in two thousand and nine, how bought all the best free agents. He got C. C. Sabathia, he got A J. Burnett. Right, We had a couple of moves. I there was a nice move there to get Swisher that off season. But look, you went to the new Yankee Stadium. Nobody knew what kind of you know, hitting building that was going to be in home runs were up surd that year. Runs are upsurd. Matt Suie had an unbelievable postseason. Ay Rod had a hot postseason. You can't give Cashman credit for that. Matt Sue would have been a Yankee regardless of who the GM was, because he wanted to be a Yankee. Ay Rod Well, yeah, Cashman did trade for him, but it wasn't his idea. Also, it was tampering. So to Brian Cashman, you I'll see you guys tomorrow in the story. Hey, thanks for watching. If you're new to the channel, do all the YouTube stuff like and subscribe. Also, we got a store Nyy Designs dot Shop. It's got all sorts of fun T shirts. Mugs hats. You can also get podcast merch at pinstripe territory shop dot com. We're also on every podcast platform, so go ahead and subscribe to the audio version as well, and give us five stars if you don't mind, if we earned it. We'll see you next time.