Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all State Savings. Ferry terms apply all State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one twelve of What's Right with Nick Ray the podcast in YouTube. Char our first episode of twenty twenty three, and we now have some real clarity on the NFL playoff picture. And not surprisingly, you wake up this morning, you check the old NFL standings. You know, sitting there with the best record in all of football, the thirteen and three Kansas City Chiefs. Who'd have thunked that, and with no Tyree kill And I'm just telling you, they're just sitting there with the best record in the league. The Eagles are tied with them, and the Bills, to be fair, have not played.
Speaker 4: Yet this week.
Speaker 3: However, we will see the Bill. We'll talk about that game later. It's the game of the year. Bill's Bengals. Big Joe Burrow fan over here this morning, Joe Burrow wins. All of a sudden, Chiefs are the one seed by themselves. All they gotta do is take care of Jared Stidham and they get the buye the NFL. Everyone is trying to bend things to the Bills favor. Let me tell you real quick before we start the show. The NFL announced Saturday's schedule and it's interesting the Saturday nightcap is the Prince that was promised with a chance to win the division. Saturday afternoon is Chiefs Raiders. Here's why this is noteworthy. If the Bills were to win tonight and the Chiefs were to somehow lose to the Raiders on Saturday, the Bills then could rest everyone on Sunday because they would have locked up the one seed and that would be huge for the Patriots, who need to win to get in. But the point being, Bills and Chiefs should be playing at the same time, so nobody has unfair information. But I get it all. There's been the year of Buffalo all year long, trying to make everything happen for him. Unfortunately, tonight Joe Coole's gonna kick their ass. Chiefs are gonna be the one seed, control their own destiny. Get a nice week off, but we're rolling into the postseason. We'll talk a little bit about that later in the show. Here is what is not on the show, The Chargers when the Battle of La doesn't celebrate Jared Sidham dazzles in his debut loss. Nobody has lit up the Niners defense like that, since, of course, Patrick Mahomes and Major Tuddy Fuels nightmares. I'm gonna tell you, I don't know what that is. Oh, that's the Commander's mascot. I like it, even though it's kind of a weird time for them to debut him, because the actual Hogs. The Hogs is what they call their offensive line in the eighties demase that the actual members of the Hogs are suing the Commanders for copyright use. Okay, and now they're debuting a mascot based off them. Maybe part of the reason they're suing them. I'm not sure. None of that's in the show. How have We will start with the NFC's current one seed, but I don't know how much longer do the one seed? The Philadelphia Eagles Demons go right.
Speaker 5: Ahead, I've just starting thirteen and one Phillies and now loss two in a row. It might not get the number one seed. Allison, San Francisco both are within shouting distance.
Speaker 4: Now yep. Each of these three teams.
Speaker 5: Have somewhat alarming problems with Hurts health, Dack's turnover problems, and brock Perty might eventually lose a game.
Speaker 4: Who wins the one.
Speaker 5: Seed or is a healthy Hurts? The only thing that really matters at this point.
Speaker 3: All right, So who wins the one seed could have a lot to do with what the Giants, how the Giants view Week eighteen. So the Giants play the Eagles in Week eighteen, right, If the Eagles win, they're the one seed no matter what. If they lose, a lot of things can happen. Right, The Giants are locked in to the sixth spot. Whether they win or lose in Week eighteen does not impact their seeding. They are the sixth seed no matter what. And by the way, feel pretty good about being the sixth seed right now, because that looks like that means they're going to be playing the Minnesota Vikings, a team that they showed they can play close just the other day, and the Vikings coming off their worst performance of the year. So the Eagles might be able to hold on for the one seed, particularly if the Giants rest everyone that is even questionable with an injury super conservative in the game. But that doesn't change anything. The Eagles are in huge trouble. I said it earlier in the year, people, the producers of this show and the producers of the TV show, when the Eagles were undefeated, when the Eagles were looking like the best team in the league saying Nick, we need talk more Eagles, and I was like, eh, I'm not sure I believe in them. You got a little you got a little cross with me saying, well, I want you to give the Eagles their respect. I understand their quarterbacks hurt. We'll do with that in a second. This team had some obvious potential issues that could be exploited. One of them is they're the best pass rushing team statistically in league history. But if they don't get to the quarterback, if they don't force the turnovers and force the sacks, their back end can get god. All of a sudden, now the injuries are mounting, most notably the right tackle, not just the quarterback lane Johnson being out at least for the rest of the regular season and maybe the postseason. And then there is the quarterback injury. And this is where I am not going to give the ah, there's nothing to do about injuries, excuse that a lot of people would give or do give. When you play the style of football that Philadelphia has insisted on playing, where your quarterback is your power running back, where your quarterback is more or just as lethal with his legs as he is with his arms. You are flirting with disaster and it is not a coincidence that the guys who run the most Lamar. We haven't seen him in a month, Jalalen, we haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. Josh Allen, We've seen him, but he's been banged up. Keeps being listed on the injury reports. Are teams that go into the postseason with injuries at quarterback, and.
Speaker 4: So with Jalen Hurts, theory will be scared again.
Speaker 3: No, no, I won't. I think the Philadelphia Eagles, when when it looked like they were going to be the one seed is I thought they were gonna be one and done. Now if they end up falling to the five seed, that actually might because if they lose in Dallas wins, they don't win the division, then they're in Tampa for the first round. Or if they fall to that, they could also fall to the two or the three. They could fall to the the two line as well. If they were to lose and Dallas were to lose in San Francisco were to win, I think they can win. Obviously your first playoff game if they're the two seed, the seventh seed in the NFC we're talking about with Green Bay, Detroit or Seattle. My point is this, to me, is on a Super Bowl caliber team and one and done losing in the divisional round or winning the wild card round and then losing the divisional round. I don't believe they're gonna see the conference championship game. I think Dallas would beat them if they played again. I am fully confident San Francisco would beat them if they played again, or if they played pardon me. And I think Tampa, who knocked them out of the playoffs last year, could cause real problems for and so there is Bill Simmons calls it the rabbit team, and we see this repeatedly in the NFL. Last year. Who was the rabbit team? The Arizona Cardinals started ten to two looking like the one seed. Injuries holes on the roster caught up to them at the end of the year. They get annihilated in their first playoff game. The year before, who was the rabbit team? The Pittsburgh Steelers started eleven and zero. They get knocked out quickly in the postseason. A couple of years prior, Who was the rabbit team? Baltimore Ravens, They lose their first playoff game that I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I don't think that SMS Philly, though, what do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 5: Tell me, I think Jalen hurt is gonna come back and maybe they win two games in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Will win two games in the playoffs if they get the buy that means they're in the Super Bowl. Listen, Eagles fans are don't like me ever since five years ago when I said when wins went down, they couldn't win the Super Bowl, and they ended up winning the Super Bowl to Nick Foles.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: If I'm Philadelphia, I'm highly concerned right now because it's not just by the way that and then we'll move on. I just want to pull up their schedule. It's not just that they've lost these two games without Jalen Hurts. It's that you started to see some of the potential ways to exploit them before Jalen went down. They lose to the Commanders. They need a furious comeback to beat the Colts. The touchdown at the end of the game the Packers, when the Packers weren't playing well, scored thirty three on them. Then they annihilated the Titans and the Giants. You give them credit for it. They played the Bears closer than you would like. Then they lose to the Cowboys, then they lose to the Saints. If you're if you're a super Bowl team, also when you have a chance to lie everything up, even with your backup quarterback, I need you to score more than ten points against the New Orleans Saints. I just do. Sorry. So yeah, I think the Eagles are in real trouble. And I think that's even if Jalen comes back next all.
Speaker 5: Right, tom Brady's going back to the playoffs after a win over the Panthers. Finally, the Goat put on a vintage for Brady performance. It's crazy to say it, but the Bucks can easily be back in the super Bowl mix. You predicted last week that the Bucks would win in Week eighteen, that'll win and Week eighteen is basically a bye week.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: Brady's road to the super Bowl might go through Minshew party and then Cousins.
Speaker 4: Oh oh shoot.
Speaker 5: Sorry, is Tom Brady about to luck himself into the super Bowl again?
Speaker 3: So listen his road to the super Bowl. I don't think Cousins is gonna be on there. And as the final round bass because that would mean Cousins won back to back playoff games. But I've told you guys all year. If there's anything I've been right about, and let's be honest, this NFL season, aside from the gambling picks, I've been right about a whole hell of a lot of it, none more so than this writing off the Bucks when they were going to finish the year with the slate of teams that we knew they were finishing the year with Arizona, Carolina, Atlanta. We knew they were going to go into the postseason hot, we knew it was going to give them a home playoff game. We didn't know until last week that they were actually going to be able to be rested. Because they now are locked into the four seat. There's no way they play their guys in Week eighteen. They will give them a bye. And they are coming off their best offensive performance, a defensive performance that forced some turnovers, and they are gonna be scary. I'm deell, listen. I believe if the Cowboys don't catch Philly and the Cowboys are the five seeds, I believe the winner of Cowboys Philly. I'm sorry the winner of Cowboys Bucks will go to Philly and beat them. I believe the winner of Cowboys Bucks, if they end up having to go to Philly and not to San Francisco, San Francisco's is gonna crush everybody in the NFC side of the bracket.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The winner of Cowboys Bucks can go to Philadelphia, win that game and be in the conference championship game, and Brady be one game potentially from the super Bowl. All of a sudden, that deep ball to Mike Evans was clicking. All of a sudden, the defense started swarming and forcing turnovers. And this team that I it is so frustrating how many times this team could have been killed off and nobody did it. So look at the times this season where Tampa should have just been dead, okay, just flat dead. Since I mean, my god, since week whatever week they played the Rams. They're playing the Rams. There's nine minutes left, they're down thirteen to six. There's in fact, that one's even worse because the Rams had let me, let me pull this up real quick. The Rams had the ball up four with a minute fifty two left up four minute fifty two, and the Bucks don't even have all their timeouts, they can't get a first down. They pumped with fifty four seconds boom boom, boom, boom boom, Brady touchdown. That's the first time this team could have just been killed off Saints Bucks. You guys, remember that one. The Saints are up sixteen to three with three minutes left in the game, and what happens. Brady scores a touchdown Tampa. Then I don't even think they did on They went on side kick because they didn't have to know. They kick it away. You need one first down, New Orleans, you, of course, just go backwards seven yards eleven play, eleven play, touchdown drive, boom boom, boom, boom boom. The Bucks win seventeen to sixteen against the Cardinals. Last week Christmas Night, it is sixteen to six in the fourth quarter, Arizona's ahead, Brady scores ten straight. They went in overtime. And then yesterday, what was the score in the fourth quarter yesterday? Oh yeah, eleven to twenty one ten twenty one ten in the fourth quarter and the Bucks get three consecutive touchdowns. Guys, this team could have been killed the NFC didn't. Now they're your problem. Now they're the NFC playoff problem. They have a Tom Brady feeling good, Mike Evans coming off his best game of the year, and a defense that potentially is clicking, and they get a weak arrest. I what what an perfect set of circumstances for the worst team Tom Brady's ever been on to potentially be a legit dangerous playoff team.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Next, Uh, the Lions and Packers will play for the last playoff spot. Somehow I knew that, and Ron Rivera didn't uh the Packers winning. There in the Lions and need help from Seattle but could still get in.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: Both are great comeback stories. But the Lions are the heroes and the Packers of the villains. What's more fun the Lions making the playoffs or Rogers missing them?
Speaker 3: Oh listen, I think the Lions making the playoffs would be a great story. I think it'd be a great story. That's what I.
Speaker 5: Want to see Aaron Rodgers go to the playoffs just so he has no like God excuses. I just want to see him, you know, get there and then.
Speaker 3: Well, so, here's the thing. If the Packers end up making the playoffs, obviously it would be as the seventh seed right now, that would mean they play San Francisco, and I think San Francisco would crush them. I think San Francisco would absolutely crush them. Now, potentially there is a scenario where if Dallas loses this week, Philly loses and San Francisco wins, that that Philly's the two seed, and I think Philly also would present real, real problems for green Bay. Here's the deal. I'm I said a month ago that the Packers should have gone to Jordan well, let him play, and now Packer fans are all after me saying, see this is why we stuck with Aaron Rodgers, and I will ask now the question I asked, then, are you in green Bay still in the business of winning Super Bowls? Because if you are, even if you sneak into the playoffs, this last month was wasted time, effort, and energy as opposed to getting eyes on Jordan Love seeing you if you want him as your quarterback next year, if you want him as your quarterback in two years, seeing if he all of a sudden for a league that is gonna have more quarterback openings or more teams that need a quarterback, then have the ability to sign a quarterback if one of those teams wants to trade for either Love or Rogers could have done all of that this last month. Instead you said, nope, we got a one percent chance, than a four percent chance, and now than an eight percent chance, and now all of a sudden, you control your own destiny. If you beat the Lions, you're into the playoffs. Reason that I feel it is such waste just oh, I don't want to say wasted.
Speaker 4: Time, waste money, but it's.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the reason that I think it's a fool's errand is because it's not as if, oh, they're in this position and Rogers is dealing and they're scary rushers through FO one hundred and sixty yard. Just the only reason the Packers would be a scary playoff team is if Rogers had reclaimed his MVP form. He's done nothing of the sort. And so yesterday they get the kick return touchdown, then the pick six. They did, to their credit, have a great game plan for Justin Jefferson and totally shut him down. And I will give them credit for that, but I would prefer to see the Lions in the playoffs. I would prefer to see the Lions. That what did they start one and six or two and six and then found their way? All I think they started two and six and then are six and two over their last eight and a legit d I don't want to say dangerous team, but a fun team. I'd rather see the Lions in. I also think it'd be fun to be honest, if Gino and Seattle get in, Seattle wins its final game, then they need the Lions to beat the Packers and they get in. The only way the Lions get in is if Seattle loses and they win. The Packers, on the other hand, of course, just need to win the game. But I will not be believing in the Packers even if they make it to the postseason.
Speaker 4: All right, you heard that Packers fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Packers, that's all right. I'm not worried about it. Go ahead next, all right?
Speaker 4: According to you, tonight is the game of the year.
Speaker 5: The Bills traveled to Cincinnati to take on Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: With the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: Struggling against the Jerry Rope against the Jerry Rossbury Broncos, it's refreshing to see to finally see some good AFC football. Sorry, you're Adamant Mahomes is the MVP, but he hasn't beaten a playoff team since November.
Speaker 3: Me, hold on a second, Hold on a second. That is the dumbest before you even get to it.
Speaker 4: Texans, Broncos that but he's beating them. I think what I said was I understand.
Speaker 3: But the point is this, they have so in December they have played the Bengals, who they lost to, the Broncos, who they beat, the Texans, who they beat, the Seahawks, who they beat, and the Broncos, who they beat again. Seahawks might be well, Seahawks might be a playoff team, and that this idea. Let me just make this clear. I don't think any team in the a f C has more victories over teams that would currently be in the playoffs. The Chiefs have a victory over Jacksonville, two victories over the Chargers. Well, I understand, but you when you say they haven't been a playoff t since November, is that they've they've played one. They beat, they crushed San Francisco. By the way, they beat Tampa, who's a playoff team. It's a nonsense, stupid stat you just gave me. It's just stupid. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, if Burrow wins to have beaten Kansas City in Buffalo and could be the one seed, are you scared Burrow's resume in late push may shake Pat off the top of the ladder?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So listen, I said this on TV that anyone that is trying to act like there is no chance that someone comes and steals the MVP from Mahomes is not paying attention to the way this narrative thing is gone. All year, people have been dying to find uh someone else to give the MVP too. And one hundred percent it's not just Burrow. If Borough whoever wins tonight's game, if they play great, the narrative on Monday will be, well, this quarterback beat Mahomes and he beat it Allen, or he beat Mahomes and he beat Burrow. His team's potentially the one seed. Why isn't he the MVP?
Speaker 4: And he played well in the Game of the Year? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And he played well in the Game of the Year National TV, and the Chiefs haven't been on national TV lately because they've been all their National TV games were early in the season and they had the Broncos Chiefs game was supposed to be on National TV a couple of weeks ago, got flexed out because the Broncos are so bad. Here's the problem with any argument for anyone other than Mahomes to be MVP. He is the league's highest rated passer. He has the most yards by four hundred and fifty over Brady, who's second. As far as over Burrow, he has eight hundred more yards than Borough. He has forty touchdowns Burrow as thirty four. They have the same number of interceptions. He has a better yards per attempt. He's been flatly better. He also is doing it by throwing touchdowns to Blake Bell and Jarrick McKinnon, well Joe Burrow as Jamar Chase and T Higgins. So it's it would I'm trying to see if.
Speaker 4: What the guards per attempt?
Speaker 5: You said, Yeah, what probably big and like a lot of that player has lots to do with Kelsey.
Speaker 4: He's got like a lot of yards after catch.
Speaker 5: It's not just put it on Mahomes for throwing it deep, Okay, running around and stuff after they get the ball, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, and Joe Burrow as Jamar Chas and T Higgins and Tyler Boyd. I listen. I'm not I'm not anti Joe Burrow, but it is. It would be criminal if Patrick Mahomes, who's going to lead the league in everything and who currently has the best record in the league, does not win League MVP. But the winner of tonight's game is going to have serious media momentum. There is no question about that.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: You you annoyed me with that second. I don't even think you believed it. I think the producers are feeding you stuff to try to make you annoy me. I think that you know, we see who Malmes is playing with, and the fact that he just he has thrown twenty seven touchdown passes this year to tightens and running backs because none of the receivers have popped. His number one receiver has been out six weeks and nobody seems to know about it or care about it but me. His number one running back has been out a month and no one seems to know about it or care about it but me. And he's just making it work each and every week.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, a percent of our audience agrees with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course they do. They're smart people. I forgot we had poll questions we have one.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was.
Speaker 3: The only pole question. All right, drop your comments or questions in the chat. Coming up, We're gonna take quick break, come back, talk about which collapse was the worst in the NFL, A little bit about Luca, and play a game. We'll do all that next. What's right.
Speaker 4: When it comes to towing, seeing is believing.
Speaker 6: That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet Together, let's drive. Learn more about Chevy Truck's at Chevy dot com Safety. Your driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. With the vehicle owner's manual for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in episode one twelve, What's Right with Nick Right in the podcast, I just checked. By the way, Mahomes is now on the only place that has it listed that I could find as DraftKings. Mahomes is minus eight hundred to win MVP, So that calms me down. Burrows at like plus six hundred, Josh Allen like plus fifteen hundred, Moms at minus eight hundred, so it probably helps him that he's got to play in Week eighteen, got some to play for, and it's on national TV. He already threw for five thousand yards this year, becoming just the second quarterback ever to have multiple five thousand yard seasons, And if he has a monster game in Week eighteen, which I don't necessarily expect, he could break Peyton Manning's all time record for yards in a season. Little unfair because that was a sixteen game season and this would be in a seventeenth game. But in the sixteen games he did become just the second quarterback ever to throw for five thousand yards. Brady's done it twice, or the second quarterback ever to throw for five thousand yards multiple times. Pardon me, Brady's on it twice and Drew Brees did it five times. All right? What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: All right? Start off with Luca for the VP.
Speaker 5: Over his last six games, Luca's been unleashed, averaging that point triple double.
Speaker 4: The MAVs haven't lost.
Speaker 5: During that stretch either, boosting them to a four seed in the West. Luke was putting up ridiculous numbers on a bad team. But now he's actually winning the mass if the MAVs keep pacing the West. Is he a lock for MVP?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, he's not a lock. There are some great MVP candidates, but it's not. I mean, you said in his last six he's averaging a forty two point triple double. That is true, and that is the six game winning streak. In his last five, he is averaging forty five eleven and ten. Is that right? I thought it was more than Oh yeah, that's right. In his last five he's averaging forty five eleven and ten. Is last three, he's averaging a fifty point triple double because he has the sixty point game mixed in there. Uh, his numbers have been unbelievable. He has three fifty point games in his last five games, and the MAVs winning is the key here. Now, it's way too early to talk locks for league MVP. But because Kd's got a really good case, really good, Tatum's got a really good case, Giannis has a really good case, Yo Kicic if he hadn't won the last two, what have a really good case. And Luca's got a really good case where the voters helped Luca was the last. They've made it clear with the MVP last year going to Jokic that they don't care about winning the way they used to. It used to be to win League MVP, you basically had to be on one of the very best teams in the league. That paradigm broke with Russell Westbrook winning his but it was like, wow, well he led the league in scoring and average triple double and did it without KD. So fine, But then they continued it with Jokich last year, and so now the MAVs as the four seed, just three and a half out of first place. The first place Nuggets, by the way, got decent gates for the record. If MVP voting had gone the way I said it should have and two years ago Chris Paul won it and last year Luca won it, then this year Jokich would be a no brainer. His numbers are unbelievable and he's on the best team or the best team in the West, second best team record wise overall. But because they screwed it up and he won back to back, he's now potentially going to be in a similar position. Giannis won back to back his third year. He got one first place vote. Nash won back to back his third year, he didn't win it, even though it was his best year because guys after all year yelling at me that, oh, it has nothing to do that he won the previous year. It's just about this season. You watch and see how many voters like, Okay, but we're not going to give him three in a row? Are we?
Speaker 4: We can't.
Speaker 5: Well, you shouldn't do that, man, that's how too kpaking. I'm sorry whatever, I try to make it a little analogy. Always bring up the video. No, that's fine, But just because I hit two shots in a row doesn't mean that I should miss my third one because I'm so hot.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: If the guys should get it, you should get it. Man, it doesn't matter. But there is.
Speaker 3: But you have to have respect for the history of the game and the history of the award, and there's shouldn't even from here. You know, that's fine, but the voters need to recognize that there is a precedent here. Was there a time when Kareem deserved three in a row?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Was there a time when Jordan deserved three.
Speaker 4: In a row?
Speaker 3: Yes? Was there a time when Shack deserved three in a row. He only won one, by the way, Yes, was there a time when Lebron deserved three in a row, No doubt about it.
Speaker 4: You just want to make it harder to make history.
Speaker 3: No, I just I just think they have they they have made it clear. One guy has won three in a row in the last fifty years. It was Larry Bird in the eighties. And to just continue breaking our historical MVP norms for this one guy is silly. We've broken enough. We've just broken enough. And it's and it's not like he's a no brainer. Oh my god, you said it seem stupid if you didn't vote for him. If it's close, Historically ties go to guys who haven't won it yet. Luca's got a great case.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, talk about these collapses, man.
Speaker 5: Just weeks ago the Jets, Dolphins, Seahawks, Titans, and Commanders seemed like playoff looks. Now all of them have had big losing streaks and might miss out who's collapse was the worst.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go through them all so I the Commanders, to me, it's not a collapse as much as it is self inflicted idiocy. And sorry to Matt Ford, A great producer and resident Commanders fan. But I have never seen Listen. I'm not a big why what He's from d C, so that's why. Uh So, here's the deal. At least I hope he's If he's not from d C, then God only knows. But I think he's from d C. Uh So, here's the deal with the Commanders.
Speaker 4: All right, They.
Speaker 3: They weren't that great of a team. And I think Taylor Heineke the media likes him a hell of a lot more than people that actually watch the games like him. However, going back to Carson Wentz in what could be an elimination game when he got kicked out of Indie for his performance in their elimination game against the Jags is one of the wildest decisions I've ever seen, and WinCE, of course rewarded them by optly throwing three interceptions and losing to the Browns, who completed nine passes. So the Commanders, you tied the Giants, fine, you then have a bye week and lose to the Giants. That was the crushing one. Everyone knew you were losing to the Niners, but then you were gonna be potentially okay in that all right, beat the Browns and then hope Dallas has nothing to play for. Now Dallas does have something to play for it, so you're probably gonna lose that game anyway, But losing to the Browns because wins went full wins is just unforgivable.
Speaker 5: What's up, man, I think that we're gonna put up like a commander's graphic or something.
Speaker 4: Why why are we going to Oh wait, it might be the.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just gonna okay, Oh, We're gonna do the commander's thing later. Okay, So the my apology, the we and so the Commanders were in the show later. I asked for them to add this part here and then I went off on them my bed. Sorry, sorry, Matt, Sorry Commanders. Now to the Titans. The Titans collapse is underrated in how horrific it is. Okay, by the way, Bryce Young just announced he's entering the draft. So Bryce Young is going to go be playing in Houston next year. Uh, the Titans collapse. The Titans were seven and three. They were seven and three and beat the Packers and played a close game with the Bengals that if you remember that game, the Titans were in it to the very end. But they lost. Then the Eagles crushed them, Then the Prince that was promised crushed them. Then they played a close game with the Chargers that the Chargers pulled out of the fire at the very end. Then they lost to the Texans, and then the Cowboys annihilated them, and they've gone to Malik Willis. This all coincides with their quarterback going down, but for the Titans to go for seven and three to seven and six is this is how epic the collapse has been. Demils. They have lost six in a row and still control their own playoff destiny. They've lost six in a row. At seven and three, the only way for them to miss out on the playoffs was to lose out, and they've checked six of the seven boxes. That's really bad. That's really bad. And then we get Seahawks Dolphins, Jets. I don't view the Seahawks as a full on collapse. The seed well, listen, they all the overtime loss to the Raiders hurts them. They came right after their London game. But losing back to my weeks to the Niners and Chiefs as they did a couple of weeks ago, there's no shame in that the loss to the Panthers was a tough one. I think the Seahawks were a team that has overachieved. They're still alive for the playoffs, and we'll see what happens now they're in it. It's they need obviously Detroit to win, and they need to beat the Rams in the final week of the season, which they should. But so I think the Seahawks are fine. The Jets and Dolphins are a different story. The Dolphins collapses an all timer eight and three to eight and eight, eight and three, and a team that people thought was like a real contender. Oh, they beat the Bills, they beat the Ravens, and I understand the last couple games coincide with well, this past game, tool wasn't there and Teddy then gets knocked out of the game. But you got to be able to beat the Patriots if you want to be a playoff team, you just got to.
Speaker 4: And then what.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, I just wonder what would happen if Patrick Mahomes got hurt and like the Chiefs were just getting destroyed by teams that you would feel like they otherwise shouldn't be destroyed by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but two is not Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: I mean the chief, he's their starting quarterback gets injured, and then their backup quarterback gets injured, and you're like, yo, you guys got to be But.
Speaker 3: The reason that the backup got injured when he was trying to make a tackle on a pick six in a close game. You gotta be better. Look, you've got to be better.
Speaker 4: And Mac Jones did.
Speaker 3: No, you should have not thrown the pick six. You shouldn't be in that spot, like and the Jets. The the Jets also dealt with quarterback injuries, and I get it, uh, But the issue if you are in the AFC right now and the Titans, Jets, Dolphins are all showing is you either have one of the quarterbacks or you don't. And if you don't, you can build your roster, your defense, your skill guys as well as is possible. And even if you do all that, we're closed right now.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Even if you do all that probably should lock the door. Even if you do all that, you are not gonna be able to sustain a seventeen week season. And so the Jets, they didn't think they'd be this good right now, and so I'm not going to kill them for going into the season. Zach Wilson and Mike White. I get it, and they were trying to develop Zach Wilson. But the Jets should be a playoff team. Quarterback position killed them. The Dolphins should be a playoff team. The last five weeks the quarterback position injuries and otherwise killed them. And the Titans should be a playoff team. Their quarterback got hurt and they're just dead, just dead. And all of those teams, though, even if the court, even if Mike White, Tua and Tannehill never get hurt, the collapse doesn't happen. Probably they sneak into the playoffs, but they are threats to no one. So it's a nice level set for everyone that those teams need to upgrade that position. And I also wonder what Miami does. Are they gonna let to a play again this year? They win this weekend, they're in the there in the play well, no, they they need to win and have the Patriots lose and they're in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's also the Steelers are very life for the playoffs. But the I mean, these are some all time collapses all happening. The Jets losing five in a row, is it five in a row for the Jets, the Dolphins losing five in a row, the Titans losing six in a row, the Commander's losing three in a row. All time collapses. All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: We have one last holiday in game, usher in the to usher in the new year. Sorry, and it's called rights resolutions. Yep, all right.
Speaker 4: First off, we've got Lebron.
Speaker 5: James celebrated his thirty eighth birthday with a forty seven point win over the Hulks. With clearly so much left in the tank, Lebron's twenty twenty three resolution.
Speaker 3: Should be to figure out if he wants to play for the Lakers next year and what the path is, because listen, I think he does. I think he wants to be in la I don't think he wants to be somewhere. I think he wants to leave. You know, let Bryce be in high school there. That's his younger son. I get all of that, but Lebron had forty seven, ten and nine on his thirty eighth birthday. It is it is not believable or realistic what he's doing, and yet we're watching him do it demanse guys in year twenty. There's only been eleven guys ever make it to year twenty four. Guys have averaged ten points per game in year twenty Okay, Dirk average ten, Kareem average twelve. That might be flip flopped. It might be Kareem average in.
Speaker 4: Dirk average twelve. Whatever.
Speaker 3: Kobe averaged seventeen on thirty five percent shooting. Okay, that was the best year twenty. Kobe's seventeen points per game on thirty five percent was the best year twenty. Lebron is twenty eight eight and six on fifty percent. He is still one of the best players in the entire league. He's the oldest guy in the league that plays regular minutes. He's one of the old He's in year twenty, which again I there is no there, There is no context for what he's doing. And the fact that he's doing all of this and the Lakers are pacing to miss the playoffs makes you really debate whether or not he should spend more years of his career there. This year might be a wash as it is. We'll see next all right.
Speaker 5: For the second year in a row, Michigan made the College college football playoffs football playoffs, only to immediately choke.
Speaker 3: Okay, that wasn't a choked. That's unfair to TCU.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Now, Reports are the Broncos are reached out to Harball, who always could return to the NFL after another meltdown in a big game. Jim Harball's twenty twenty three resolution should be he should definitely go and coach the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, I really hope he doesn't. Just selfishly.
Speaker 5: He's a great coach, and you think that the Broncos should be left to get out of that mess.
Speaker 3: And I just don't want out there. I don't want Harrball there.
Speaker 4: I think Harball would.
Speaker 3: I think he would find a way to get the most out of Russ. They would become they would focus on defense and running, they would. I do not want.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: So, you don't think it's gonna go there and stress him out. You think he's gonna go in there and actually do something and be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, Yeah, Jim Harboll is awesome.
Speaker 4: This guy's a hater.
Speaker 3: He's a Why am I hater saying Jim Harball is awesome?
Speaker 4: Not that Jim Harvell Obviously, not that Jim Harbo is awesome thing.
Speaker 5: But what you just said was like you woke up and you just decided to be a hater just now.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want the Broncos to be good. They're the Chiefs rival. I want the Broncos to be miserable. They made my life miserable all my childhood. I had to deal with stupid John Elway and my colleague and now friends, stupid Shannon Sharp and beating me and Terrell Davis and all of that, and Neil Smith, great chief going and signing with the Broncos and winning Super Bowls and now and then I thought I was doing with them, and they signed Peyton Manning and they get to a couple more super Bowls. Now you're in NFL. Hell, Broncos fans, you haven't beaten the Chiefs in seven years, ever beaten Mahomes. And I don't want I don't want Harball to pull.
Speaker 4: You out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I root for their misery. So I hope Harball stays at Michigan or goes somewhere else. Next question, doesn't make me a hater, makes me a sports fan.
Speaker 5: Next question, Mike Tomlin Steelers are somehow in the playoff hunt after beating Baltimore last night. That's despite no offensive line, a rookie quarterback, and a tough schedule. But he still probably won't get one Coach of the Year vote When everyone counts Tomlin out in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I resolved to remember this and remember that Tomlin is a dog is almost a must bet. And the Steelers path the playoffs, by the way, is not complicated. This here's all it is. They beat the Browns okay, the Bills beat the Patriots okay, and the Jets beat the Dolphins, and Skyler Thompson might be the Jets quarterback. That's it, and the Steelers make the playoffs. Now, there is a wild scenario out there that the Jags and Titans make the playoffs. That one is the Steelers lose to the Browns, the Jets beat the Dolphins, and the Bills beat the Patriots, and then if the Titans beat the Jags, the Jags get the final wild card spot, which is I want to check real quick. Actually, there's one scenario that I'm unaware of, which is if the Jags beat the Titans, but then Steelers, Patriots, and Dolphins all lose, who gets in the playoffs in that scenario, So I'm gonna do that real quick. So if the Jags beat the Titans, they obviously win that division and the Titans are illuminated. But if the Patriots lose, the Dolphins lose, and the Steelers lose, the Patriots getting So if everyone, if the Patriots can get into the playoffs with a loss to the Bills, they just need the Dolphins and the Titan, or the Dolphins and the Steelers to lose. In the Jags beat the Titans, that would be a wild scenario, a truly wild scenario if that one happens. The Jags also being alive for a wild card is kind of hilarious if the AFC South were to get two playoff teams. But what Tomlin's done this year is unbelievable. And I wouldn't trust the Steelers in the playoffs obviously, but the fact that he might keep his never been under five hundred streak alive with this team. And by the way, the team is seven and two, demis win. TJ. Watt plays. They's seven and two win TJ. Watt plays. And let me tell you one other thing that's on the board. Okay, the Bengals win tonight, okay, and the Steelers get in.
Speaker 4: Let me talking about no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: If the Bengals win tonight, they become the two seed in the AFC. Okay, because they would have the same record as Buffalo and have the head to head, you could get Bengals Steelers in Round one, and as good as the Bengals are, I don't think they want that game the Steelers. You know, it's a divisional game. They've played them twice already this year. Obviously, they played them in Week one and beat them. I think that would be a real bummer for Cincinnati if they and what happened the second Cincinnati Steelers game, Uh the it was a close game there too, thirty seven thirty. So the Steelers beat them in Week one in that crazy game all of a sudden. Also, by the way, the Bengals don't have Liyol Collins sousoul have TJ. Watt back. That would be an interesting Round one playoff matchup. The Steelers as the seventh seed coming out of nowhere playing Cincinnati a red hot Bengals team. That would be an interesting one. All right. Lastly, what's the last one?
Speaker 4: All right? I don't know if this is the last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, it's not. There's two more. Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 5: The prince that was promised is one win over Josh Dobbs away from his first play from over Josh from his playoff debut. Then he'll have a chance to keep growing during during his sophomore year next year.
Speaker 4: Because you decided this was that his rookie year didn't happen.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen.
Speaker 5: After turning the corner in twenty twenty two, Trevor Lawrence's twenty twenty three resolutions should be to.
Speaker 3: Be a consensus top five quarterback. What's it going into next year? Mahomes, Burrow, Allen will be consensus top three. There will be a couple of spots open. Some will say Jalen Hurts, some will Grandfather and Tom Brady and or Aaron Rodgers. Some will say Justin Herbert. Here's the thing about Justin Herbert. I think Justin herbert first career playoff game is going to be against Trevor Lawrence in Jacksonville. I think that's gonna be the four or five. And if that's the case, I think Jacksonville can win. If they win that game, it's gonna be hard to make the argument. Herbert's better than Lawrence, so be it consentso's top five quarterback. That's my answer, all right?
Speaker 4: Last, all right, Ron Rivera put on a clinic for.
Speaker 3: Having we're skipping that one. I think we're skipping that one. That one's crossed out. Just go to the I think we're skipping that one. Yeah, we're doing our resolution, so skip that one. All right, are already I already talked about updated Doctors.
Speaker 5: After an incredible twenty twenty two building this show, the sky is the limit for us.
Speaker 4: Your twenty twenty three resolution for what's right.
Speaker 3: Is, oh, well, that's the listener doesn't care about that. That's a personal thing. Uh. Let me let me check our YouTube page. Let me see where we're at in the old YouTube page, and then I can give the answer better. My personal resolution for this show is all right, so we're at ninety one thousand subscribers, we're at almost eleven million views total. Here's my resolution. I want to get one of these episodes played on FS one like as a like to Eric, you know, when we have a gap in programming, I want to get one of these episodes on FS one. That's my resolution for the show. Even though I love the podcast and the YouTube audience. I think that'd be really cool. I think that'd be really cool for both of us. So that's that's the resolution. All right. All right, put your comments in the dock, your questions, take a very very quick break, come back and wrap the show. What's Right?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Welcome back in episode one twelve, What's Right with Nick? Right?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Demante, let's read these fan questions that I got to get to the TV show.
Speaker 5: All right, good boy asked between Cooper Rush, Stidham, Party, Mike White, Zapi, and the rest of the Shining backups, whom most likely to land a starting job somewhere next season.
Speaker 3: Uh, none of them. None of them are gonna get a starting job next year. So Cooper Rush, nobody's gonna make him their starter. Uh, they're just not. He's good as a backup. Stidham, I guess has the best chance.
Speaker 4: Being that we've seen the least from no Well.
Speaker 3: And because he's in Vegas and they don't have a they're gonna release car. So what if they get left, you know, without a quarterback in the game. Musical chairs, pardy Oh, I shouldn't say none of them.
Speaker 4: I guess I was about to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, party could be the starter in San Francisco if Trey Lance has a terrible off season. I think they're gonna air towards Trey Lance. But it would be a chance, especially if they make the Super Bowl, which I think they will. So I guess Purdy is when you say the reason I said none of them, because when you said Land a starting job, I was thinking, like, someone signs them be the starter, right White. Nobody's gonna make him the starter. We know that Zappi is still under contract in New England, and they like mac Jones for reasons I don't understand. So I guess Perty's got a real shot, and Stidham might might luck into one almost but the other guys no chance whatsoever?
Speaker 4: Next? All right, Regieve?
Speaker 5: Regieve Rogavon asked if someone told you only wanted one of Mahomes or Luca in is their career as the consistency consensus goat, who would it be?
Speaker 2: Mahomes?
Speaker 3: I don't think Luca has great chance of being considered the greatest player of all time. Really weird thing, what because having a foreign guy be the greatest player.
Speaker 4: Of all time, but it would just really different. Something is a.
Speaker 3: Foreign guy, but the rea I don't think Luca. Here's the thing. The guys who are considered in the conversation for greatest ever Lebron, Jordan Ad Kareem at Wilton Russell, if you want to go way old school, I don't think that Kobe is in the conversation, but throw Kobe in. All those guys, they were all at their peak A plus defenders. They all had moments of wait, is he the best offensive and defensive player in the league. Russell was never gon to the best offensive player, but was the best winner. Luca will never be that, right, you know what I mean? Like, so Luca's you know by Luca's like everybody says, you know, he's like Larry Bird. He's nothing like Larry Bird, but he's similar to Larry and Magic Johnson in that because of his limitations defensively, it's not that he's a bad defender, He's not going to be able to reach the goat conversation. The reason Yannis can is because of his dominance on both ends. And so Mahomes, on the other hand, I think I think Mahomes could be five years away from people arguing he's the best quarterback ever. If Mahomes were to win the Super Bowl this year and then win two more before in the next five seasons after this, I think people might say, Okay, listen, he didn't have Belichick, he didn't have that defense, he doesn't have the ring count of Brady.
Speaker 4: Andy Regan would be the new Belichick.
Speaker 3: Well maybe, and so Mahomes has a real real shot at it. I don't think Luca probably does. Next.
Speaker 5: Zach Bromfield asks should the Giants re sign sign Saquan and DJ?
Speaker 3: It's really tough. I it depends on what type of money they each want. I would not be comfortable giving Saquon a long term deal because of the position and the injuries and all of that. Daniel Jones, I'd want a franchise tag and make him show it to me one more year. But I give Daniel Jones credit, like his issue was he was a turnover and fumbling machine, and he's cut that out now He's still obviously very limited. But the question is how are you going to upgrade and who are you going to upgrade with? And so in a perfect world, you would get Saquon On like a in a perfect world, you'd franchise tag Saquon and get Daniel Jones on like a three year, seventy five million dollar deal twenty five million a year. But I don't know that he takes that, so I and you only have the franchise tag for one guy, so I'm not sure what you do there to be totally honest, all right.
Speaker 5: Next, cadan Wolf asked, hey, oh yeah, all right, cadan Wolf asked, Hey, Nick, did you watch the college football playoffs.
Speaker 4: And have any takeaways for the National Championship game? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think George is going to annihilate TCU. In fact, you know what, I want to check and see if the lines moved. I bet I hit a great bet during I bet at halftime of the Georgia game Georgia to win by one to six points. So georgiaould win by one, two, three, four, five, six, by one right yeah at plus three ten, And I immediately then took the winnings and betted on Georgia minus thirteen, purely because I thought the line was gonna move to like fifteen and I could then middle it and then bet TCU plus fifteen and then try to hit it where because Fourteen's obviously a key, key number in college football especially, but the lion has stayed there, and so I'm surprised by that. I think that TCU deserves credit, but I do not think TCU can hang with the athletes of Georgia. I think Georgia had their hiccup game. They had it against Ohio State, and they found a way to win anyway, and so I like Georgia in that spot, big, big, big time. All right, last one.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: MK Badlands asked what's demand's shoes look like? His outfit is fire wearing like pick.
Speaker 4: Your feet up air Forces?
Speaker 3: Yeah, air Forces with some orange and some black. I don't think they really want to see the soles of the shoes. I think they wanted to see the sides of the shoes. There you go. Uh yeah, there's a good looking shoes.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you man, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And the shirt I got you as a Christmas present? Yeah wow, look at that, Demonse. His outfit is fire. What a way to end the show, right, well, thank you, MK Badlands also known as the Demonse Burner account. I don't know how you set that in while we're doing the show. All right, Uh we Gotta go. Also check out us on h on, subscribe on YouTube, subscribe on Spotify, subscribe on iTunes, and check Demonday's Twitter feed later today when he sets up a GoFundMe for his seventh lost ipodcase air Podcase. You listeners can help him out there. We'll talk to you guys on Thursday.
Speaker 4: What's right,