Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: President Trump wants the water end, and he wants all those hostages released, including those six Americans now Nanna who still weighing the possibility of another round of fighting in Gaza as Hermas shows, they are still in control of the streets there and that will be a point of contention with the President. The two leaders also expect you to discuss Iran and a potential normalization deal between Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: Man was Lindsey Graham, a Senator from South Carolina. I declare hawkish on Iran yesterday and talking about how now is the time for Israel to take out Iran's nuclear facilities, and yes we would help them, so we'll see. I don't know if that's a plan or not. If I had to bet money, I would guess that it probably is. Ram as it started a war.
Speaker 1: By lunchtime, he's sad.
Speaker 2: The rest of the day, he's or manger Jack Neocon.
Speaker 4: Number of things to go through the Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced that Panama won't renew their Belt and Road agreement with China, making it the first Latin American nation to leave that initiative and get on the side of the United States. That's not a minor deal. Start to turn that around.
Speaker 1: Also, and I must repeat for the empty time, as this was given to me by somebody who's fluident in Mandarin said it's mistranslated. It's one belt, one road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Also, Marco Rubio's office announcing on Trump's greenland ambitions. This is not a joke. This is not about acquiring land for the purpose of acquiring land. This is international interest. So he's one hundred percent serious about the whole trying to figure out a way to have greenland there.
Speaker 1: You know, the The Wall Street Journal had a great you know how modern paper websites. They have some articles that, like, you read and then there's an illustration and as you scroll, the illustration changes and there's a caption and stuff like that. It's kind of cool, interactive multimedia whatever. And they had a really good piece about the Arctic and the ice how it's shrinking, and the roots and the military bases and the trade routes and what China's doing up there, and what Russia's doing up there.
Speaker 2: But the one thing, because.
Speaker 1: You never look at the globe from that angle, really is you realize, you know, famously, Russia and Alaska, which is ours, are fifty seven miles apart, and the Arctic Circle. You've got like Norway right across the North Pole from Russia, and there's the US and there's Canada. I mean, we're all like neighbors at the top of the world. And so controlling those roots is going to be enormous for commerce and military effectiveness. And on the other side of that coint if anybody decides to be a dick about it, they can really disrupt pure commerce and or military preparedness.
Speaker 4: Well, especially in a couple of years when it's like seventy five degrees up there and you know, everybody's vacation in there and living there.
Speaker 2: Now, I got a vacation booked up there right.
Speaker 4: Some of the big news of the day the tariffs who are supposed to start tomorrow on you got ten percent on China and I think it's twenty five percent on Canada and Mexico. Well, but Mexican one is being delayed. The President came around and agreed to something. Critics are saying she was going to do it anyway, but whatever. She's sent in ten thousand troops to the border and so the Mexican tariffs will be delayed. And then this headline that just came out this morning, Infantry, marines and other US troops have begun arriving at the US Naval base in git Mo, Cuba, and was expected to be an operation to house migrants, it says here in the Washington Post. And so the Trump administration sends them to their home countries. They're illegal immigrants and their criminal in addition to be illegal criminal illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: He's to be house green and the term migrants until next month, when we're gonna call them honeybear angels.
Speaker 2: So that's an exciting story. And I don't know how long this will keep up.
Speaker 4: But Trump's approval rating right now is forty six percent. At this time first term, he was at thirty six percent. He's a full ten points higher that he was at this point in his first term. That's something a non political story I'm kind of interested in. They think they found a new van go did you see this was one of these stories that happens every now and then. Person bought this for fifty bucks, had it in the garage for many, many years. Wow, they think it's one of the many he painted a several hundred that last year he was alive in the mental institution. He just went on van Go, just went on this. He was like a painting a day and some of his most paintings, famous paintings came.
Speaker 2: Out of there. Irises and a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 4: Starry Night came out of that painting a day out of his mind, mental institution period. Wow, this is a much more normal painting. But they think it's a van Go. They've spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to authenticate it by doing all kinds of imaging to look under the paint and talking to artists about brushstrokes. But they think it is an actual van Go from that period, and if so, it's worth between fifteen and thirty million dollars. This painting somebody bought for fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: You didn't think that could still spend whatever it took to authenticate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I actually I really enjoy his paintings and they are weirdly brilliant and beautiful. I think, I honestly think that. On the other hand, like we talk about parallel universe versus once in a while, and it's very hard for me to comprehend and accept it's crazy people talking. But if there's a parallel universe where people say, yeah, he's kind of a crazy guy and his paintings are kind of pretty, but he's not significant, I mean, that would be like the tiniest eyelash of a change from this current universe. That sort of art is either brilliant and celebrated worth thirty million dollars, or stuff that looks precisely like it is worthless.
Speaker 2: He was a hack, and who gets to decide. I don't get. It's always seemed very odd to me at the time.
Speaker 4: They didn't dig it in his own brother thought, you use too much paint. That's you gotta do something. You're never gonna make a living at this. So AnyWho, James Carville gets quoted a lot on Fox because he bad mouths the Democrats all the time, even though he helped get Bill Clinton elected. In an interview today, said that Joe Biden reigns like a colossus over the democratic failure right now, that stated the Democratic Party, reporting on the fact that the Democrats are the most unpopular they've ever been as a party. Democrats are the most unpopular they have ever been as a party, and Carville says that Biden reigns as a colossus over that, and he criticized the Democrats for starting a seventh string quarterback Kamala Harris in the Super Bowl election.
Speaker 2: I just like that pretty good description. Yeah, seventh string, that's good down there.
Speaker 1: And then to mention once again that the guy just elected this past weekend to lead the dnsa DNC. He said she didn't get elected because of misogyny and racism, even as minorities of all stripes leave the Democratic Party as fast as they can.
Speaker 2: That's uh.
Speaker 1: Either he's a super canny strategist with a you know, a diabolical strategy that I just can't grasp, which I don't think is the case, or he's delusional and bubbled. I mean, like beyond my wildest dreams, because I want conservative ideas to hold sway for as long as possible. But can you imagine I think I believe Kamala Harris, I think they believe it.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine that. I can't imagine why you'd be saying it at this point unless you just believed it.
Speaker 1: I mean, when Bob Dole lost, I didn't think it was elder abuse and an anti kens and bias. I thought he wasn't a terribly charismatic candidate. You know, Mitt Romney. I get exactly why Mitt Romney lost. I think it's a damn shame, but I get it. Yeah, they're just cuckoo nuts, which again is good news for conservatism.
Speaker 4: How are you watching the super Bowl on Sunday or super Bowl on Sunday? Do you say the or just super Bowl?
Speaker 1: I say the the super Bowl like it's always been and always must be.
Speaker 2: How are you watching super Bowl on Sunday? Oh, you're an ass? I don't know. I have a moral dilemma because I.
Speaker 1: Accept an invitation of super Bowl Party, a that I've gone to the first several years super Bowl party. B Judy and I got an invite to and we kind of sort of no show down their last gathering.
Speaker 4: People be there's a simple way the way you figure this out which party would be the most fun, and then you go to the Oh and you claim you're sick to the other party.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh lord, I wish I could come. I'm sick. I'm gonna miss the whole game. And then you go to the fun party.
Speaker 1: I think we'll divide and conquer, go to both. Wow going to two parts, or Judy will go to the one, then I'll go to the other for a while.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll figure it out, but I don't want to. I'm very sensitive about offending people. Plus, obviously I am the real get at your party. So if you had any idea how not true that was, you'd understand that funny that was.
Speaker 4: Well, super Bowl is such a long day. If you do some of the pregame and then the way they drag out the game, it's like gonna be at least four hours at least. See easily split that into two parties.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: You want to know the truth about me showing up at a social gathering, I'll walk in the door in the hostel whisper to a couple of friends.
Speaker 2: Don't bring up tariffs. Just don't bring up and somebody will say, hey, how about Trump, what he's done? Oh no, no, I'll start.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the thing about Tariff's friends, and everybody's like, oh no.
Speaker 4: I'd wind somebody up. I'd walk into the room. Well, fascism seems to be on the rise, doesn't anyway. I gotta go get some chips and then just let you do your thing.
Speaker 2: Just to punish everybody else in the room. Hilarious.
Speaker 4: I'm doing pretty good with no Wine February so far. I'm only three days in, but I don't think I've done any whining yet.
Speaker 2: Wine with it.
Speaker 4: H that's no Wine February. I'm trying to do it, and I'm trying to get my kids to do it too. They're not doing as well, but we'll see. It's a hard habit to break.
Speaker 1: About some things, right, How has it gone identifying legitimate expression of discontent versus whining?
Speaker 2: Is that a hard.
Speaker 1: Line to find a lot of gray area? Has it been fairly easy?
Speaker 4: I do a better job of it with other people than myself, with my kids than myself. Right, they're whining about what I made them for deal. I consider that for dinner. I consider that whining.
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just gonna say I recall a little bit of whining about the.
Speaker 2: Weather during this show. True.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I don't know if I can apply it to the program. That is sort of how I'm made my living. So my whining, yeah, exactly, whining things.
Speaker 2: In the news. Then I offer brave leadership to a better tomorrow. That's kind of the in and yang of this thing. A lot of whining is a habit though it really really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, how specific do I want to be?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Complaining is a major facet of conversation among certain groups of people, and they like reinforced that were but.
Speaker 2: No not chicks. That's it's like a bonding thing.
Speaker 1: But I just all the negative energy just wears me at after a while, like, yeah, things aren't perfect, Okay, can we focus on the positive?
Speaker 2: You know, try it at home?
Speaker 4: See you let them let us know in the text line of the email, how it goes. You're no wine February do one day? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's where you gotta start one day. There is another little bit of breaking tariff news. Is Canada gonna cave before midnight tonight when the big Canadian tariffs hit. I no longer can afford mounty hats, hockey pucks, and maple syrup.
Speaker 1: And as the one hundred and first Airborne reached Greenland yet exactly suppressed their belligerence.
Speaker 2: We'll have the answer to all those questions. Next Yetie for.
Speaker 6: Best Pop Vocal Album, and the Grammy.
Speaker 2: Goes to Short and Sweet Sabrina.
Speaker 6: The Best bet Harba Alligator Bike never.
Speaker 3: A Dodge for Best Country Album, Cowboy Carter.
Speaker 2: The Grammy Award for Best New Artist goes to.
Speaker 7: Per Record of the Year, Not like Us, Kendrick Lamar for.
Speaker 3: The Song of the Year, Kendrick Lamar, not like Us for.
Speaker 6: Album of the Year, Cowboy Carter, Extreme Beyond so to be on.
Speaker 2: I don't like that Kenberg Lamar won that stuff. He's a fan.
Speaker 4: I usually dig deep into some of the other nominees and winners, like you know, the America Kana category or that sort of stuff that I'm into, and usually discover some really good, good music.
Speaker 2: That way, excellent. Why Beyonce has the best country album in America? I have no idea. I listened to some of the album last night. I thought it was very artistic and cool.
Speaker 4: I would not have called it country if you hadn't told me ahead of time.
Speaker 2: It would have never crossed my mind. So oh interesting, Yeah, Okay, although it.
Speaker 4: Does have Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton on it, So I suppose that's the not I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a stretch. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I was just sitting here pouting that you took one for the team by watching the brilliant Bob Dylan movie, and I took one for the team watching the Cartel Boss Becomes a transgender movie. Really got the short end of that stick out. Yeah, just like the Cartel Boss. I'd watched the Dylan movie again. I loved it. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that of singing. This is the DNC Leadership Conference over the weekend. Michael, how about twenty seven? These are a couple of geeks. His names you wouldn't know anyway.
Speaker 2: We'll begin with the opening statements.
Speaker 1: Each candidate will have thirty seconds, and we'll start with doctor Quintessa Hathaway.
Speaker 2: Good evening everyone. It is my desire to be the next DNC chair.
Speaker 4: And I just want to give you all a little bit of something that's been on my heart here.
Speaker 2: Over the last couple of days.
Speaker 6: You fed all, you fired, all, you fighted, all you.
Speaker 2: Fighted, all is everybody just looking at your.
Speaker 6: Government is doing you roll? You fed on whoa you fired all?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm vote for because she sings good? Were they all?
Speaker 4: Is everybody just looking at each other like are we supposed to sing along? Did they hand out lyric sheets? Does they may know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Only the Democrats? Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: We're there at the RNCA trying to come up and I Joe Getty would like to be your chairman.
Speaker 7: Hero Burst foreign policy is good for trade and national security, and.
Speaker 1: Everybody like, oh I love this song.
Speaker 2: Vote for him? Oh Lord? Where the adults? Doctor Quintessa Hathaway? Oh boy? Oh well? Whatever at Christy Nome speaking politics a cowboy hat yesterday? I like that? Oh boy? Oh boy?
Speaker 1: Announced yesterday in an internal DHS memo that roughly three hundred and fifty thousand Venezuelan's currently living in the United States will temporarily or lose temporary protected status, as the quote extraordinary and temporary conditions in their home country that have allowed them to reside in the United States no longer exist.
Speaker 2: And then there's.
Speaker 1: Another two hundred and fifty thousand that will retain protection through the fall.
Speaker 4: Now are they the Venezuelans are claiming some sort of We're trying to claim asylum right because our country is such a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and a lot of it's legit, and a lot of them are really nice people who want to work hard and give a better life to the family.
Speaker 2: But we have immigration laws as the thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are gang members too, and the fact that they've been allowed to stay is absolutely obscene and Biden ought to be in Leavenworth Prison for it.
Speaker 4: And if you don't like the current immigration laws, you think they're too tight or whatever, you should vote for people who want to change them. The laws should be changed by Congress. Whatever the laws are, though, we should enforce them.
Speaker 1: But over on the left side of the aisle, where doctor Quinn Tessa Hathaway is warbling tunefully, they're encouraging these anti ice demonstrations around the country, which may have brought a freeway near you to a stand still over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you about that, honey.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: They will shut down the one oh one in Los Angeles on a Sunday in traffic of course, as always.
Speaker 2: In LA area.
Speaker 4: Was a disaster before they shut it down, and certainly after. I don't know why we ever put up with this stuff. I just learned something interesting about how the LAPD handled it though, among other things.
Speaker 8: On the way stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: So which one is that Michael mind drumming and chanting right there? Huh Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's some of the protests across the country, people protesting against the deportation that's going on right now. Here's a little more from La where the protesters were able to shut down the one on one freeway and be a nuisance for many many people just trying to live their lives.
Speaker 2: It was a giant crowd.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was a big enough crowd to shut down the one on one go in both directions and many roads on either side of it.
Speaker 2: Now, I did just save it.
Speaker 1: Mexican flags chanting Mexico, Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna read some of the news coverage of it a little bit in the signs and all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: But I just saw a video of the police presence was overwhelming. The number of LAPD they had their in riot gear underneath the overpass.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was impressive.
Speaker 4: But they let it go all day long for some reason, with police spokesmen saying while we were there in case things got ugly, but it was a mostly peaceful protest, although they kept admitting over and over that it was unpermitted. You're not permitted to shut down major thoroughfares in big cities and inconvenience people are trying to live their lives. But so as long as it doesn't get ugly, you just stand there in information and let it play out. I don't understand why we put up with it.
Speaker 1: Is a great source of frustration on the political right, including myself, in that you know, conservatives are just less likely to rally and protest and march and chance stuff, mostly because we have jobs.
Speaker 2: Exactly I win. I got there first anyway.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 1: But you know, if you have a smallish group of sincere people being lawless, the law will be enforced upon them and they will.
Speaker 2: Feel the weight of it.
Speaker 1: If you have a large group of people and potentially lawless and dangerous flounting the laws, the authorities will let you do it, and you could do it as much as you want.
Speaker 2: And that gets a little frustrating.
Speaker 4: Signs that said the real criminals in the White House. Another one read Jesus love thy neighbor.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, wait, you literally have a child rapist living on your block. You want a child rapist living there just because he came from a foreign land. You are so mentally ill, I would gladly help pay for your treatment.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there's any point in making apart individual signs, but Jesus said, love thy neighbor, not deport them.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's just dumb. Multiple streets were closed by.
Speaker 4: The police around one oh one to stop people from getting in a situation where they couldn't get the cars out or whatever. So very very disruptive all day long, five hours long. This thing lasted throughout the day, also chanting phrases such as nobody is illegal and Viva Mexico, Mexico.
Speaker 2: If you like it so well, do dot.
Speaker 4: Many Mexican flags were flown, along with several other nations flags flying. I don't see any US flags at times. Seriously, seriously now and.
Speaker 2: A steal man it for me.
Speaker 1: What are you expressing when you're waiving a Mexican flag demanding to be allowed to remain in the United States as a criminal well or on behalf of criminals. Yeah, that kind of complicates. I can't even find a good argument. I think what you're trying to say, is we're all of Mexican heritage, we're together on this and you can't stop us.
Speaker 2: It's defiance.
Speaker 5: Yes, Katie, not only were there nothing but Mexican flags, but they did light an American flag on fire.
Speaker 1: In a demand to stay in the United States. Right, Sorry, it's too much.
Speaker 4: At times, fireworks were heard bursting above the large crowd while demonstrators I'm reading from CBS News, while demonstrators leaned out of car windows and flew their flags and shouted along at the crowd, which translate to yes you can, Yes, you can come to this country illegally, and even if you're a criminal, stay here, and we'll go out of our way to shield you from the cops. Even if you're a rapist, wife beater, beef whatever, and you're here illegally.
Speaker 1: I'd asked we can, as Chilean's rob a bunch of houses in La Yes we can, as Venezuela moved trend the Ragua's operations to the United States, Yes we can. And if you're not one of those things, that's not what we're talking about. So why would you march in support of that? Because that's the only people being deported right now, although the lefty media has done a really good job. In fact, they came up on a couple of the unwatchable Sunday shows that there's fear in the immigrant community. People are afraid they'll be deported for walking down the street. They're carrying their papers with them. Yeah, where'd they get that idea? Well, Margaret Brennan from People Like You.
Speaker 4: I started the show today with they challenged anyone who can find me any media coverage that's neutral or pro these deportations, even though eighty five percent of Americans are in favor of it. You'd think, I mean outside of Fox obviously, but you would think with eighty five percent of America, including a majority of Hispanics, saying yeah, illegals who are criminals, give them the hell out of here, you'd think given those numbers, there'd be some coverage that it would at least be neutral on the story. But it's always presented as a clear negative and an awful thing that this is happening.
Speaker 2: The protests continued into the evening.
Speaker 4: According to the La Times, after a citywide tactical alert was issued around seven LA police officers.
Speaker 2: This had been going on for five hours. At this point, LA.
Speaker 4: Police officers were deployed downtown and riot gear, equipped with helmets, batons, and less than lethal weapons, forming lines to stop the protesters and push them back near Union stations. So I guess they drew a line you can't go any further than this, though they didn't make them go away.
Speaker 2: No human is illegal on stolen Lion. That's another I signed stolen land sing.
Speaker 4: Another one read fight ignorance, not immigrants, whatever that means. Videos shared appeared to show demonstrator spraying Giffiti on freeway walls and vandalizing at least one car. It was stopped in the middle of the crowd. Nobody is illegal, that old stupid phrase. Then change the laws if you don't think, if you think we're actually an open borders need bay, can come here from wherever anytime they want, stay as long as you want.
Speaker 1: Drake it into a very very interesting conversation with a person who's of academia, and they were saying a lot of this stuff is actually on the Wayne A little bit like a number of even well meaning progressive people are saying, you know that declaration of stolen Land, and we want to state that this land was once owned by the chipowah blah blah blah that we've talked to them and they tell us that doesn't do them any good and it's a waste of time. So is some of that crazy stuff is starting to wane a little bit. As I said, the whole no human is illegal stolen land stuff. Good lord, you have the intelect of a third grader.
Speaker 2: What's the name of that? When you do that, it's got a name. Yeah, declaration of something or other.
Speaker 4: This is also from the La Times. Draped in Mexican and Salvadoran flags, demonstrators gathered near City Hall shortly before noon, blocking traffic at blah blah blah amid honking horns and solidarity messages from passing motorists. Protesters blast a mix of traditional and contemporary Mexican music from loudspeakers.
Speaker 2: I like that something for everybody, the oldest and some of the newer stuff for the kids, and your favorite hits from yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And some danced in the road in traditional feathered headdresses.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: If I had emigrated to Germany legally or illegally as part of a group of American expats that really liked being in Germany, she's reading. In Germany, by law, you can have up to six weeks of sick leave, and so everybody takes five weeks. Evidently that's kind of the Mendoza line. But they take more than double what a lot of other countries in Europe take for sick leave every day because they are every year because the rules are set up, and so everybody takes damn near the max.
Speaker 2: So that's a week off every other month.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know, the speed limit says seventy and you know you can't go more than eighty two. Evidently the speed limit is six weeks, and you know if you take all of that, that looks really bad. So I'll take five weeks.
Speaker 2: If you vacation every year, if.
Speaker 4: You have much vacation, then along with some holidays, wouldn't you have a week off practically every month?
Speaker 1: Yeah essentially. Yeah, well that's fifty two weeks. Well wait a minute, no, that's not quite right. It's five weeks a sick leave. That's one every other month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was saying, every other month. But you add that to your vacation. Oh right, and your vacation. I see your point yeah, yeah, sorry to have a week off every month, right, yeah, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: But so there I am in Germany with the rest of the American expats, and Germany's going to reform their laws and not let us lay around and suck off the delicious German stein of government milk.
Speaker 2: And h.
Speaker 1: And I and my my buddies decide to against those changes because we really want to stay in Germany.
Speaker 2: And if one of my buddies said, and.
Speaker 1: We'll all we'll all carry American flags and chant up with America, Up with America, I'd say, who.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're all in this together, and I can't wait till, you know, march and chant and stuff.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll honk horns. That'd be fun, wouldn't it. But we'll play traditional and modern American music.
Speaker 1: If the point is that we really really want to stay in Germany, wouldn't we like wave German flags to emphasize that we like it here or something. No, we're gonna defiantly wave the flag of our home country and demand we be allowed to stay in this country.
Speaker 2: You'd be as still don't follow you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd be a moron if you didn't think this is really going to piss off German citizens. This is gonna make him so mad that we're here illegally and angry about it the way we're being treated.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A noted immigration reformer online that I on Twitter said, thanks for doing our jobs for us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The net result of this is, I'm you know, keep it up, keep doing that, block the freeways, rave what wave Mexican flags, and see how public opinion goes on this topic.
Speaker 2: Pat Trump heard about this.
Speaker 4: The two thirds of Americans who want to deport all illegals regardless, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: That number will go up you keep this going. Yeah, yeah, it is something, but you know, you reap what you saw.
Speaker 4: What's missing from your metaphorical allegory thing there in Germany is you don't have a giant population of Americans that have been there for years, woven.
Speaker 1: Into society to out an enormous mess to accumulate, like it's an episode of Hoarders. Cleaning the house is going to be really difficult and not.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to be happy about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Some of the stuff though, it just no human being is illegal. I mean some of the really childish things are just please.
Speaker 2: Can we just get that out of the way. Do you want to argue about you.
Speaker 1: Know, the needs of the economy and the wels, all right, but god, no human beings illegal.
Speaker 4: Like I was getting me with that again, find me any media coverage that doesn't present this as a negative, even though it's one of the most popular things in America that's being done right now. But NPR was focusing on farm help and similar to sixty Minutes a couple of months ago, interviewing farmers in California, said I can't get Americans to work here. There are no Americans that want to come work out in the sun or the rain or whatever and show up at five thirty in the morning and pick something in my field. And I just think that's so crazy. I mean, Okay, we.
Speaker 2: Used to be able to We used to do that work.
Speaker 4: I did that work, and now we won't the generation later. Okay, are we cool that? Apparently we're cool with it?
Speaker 1: Well, and furthermore, we don't know come up with some I mean, because again you have to accept an absurd premise. But okay, I accept that Americans won't do this anymore because we're too good for it and we're too beautiful and precious. Therefore, we're going to institute a policy of and laws that say blah blah blah. Okay, all right, that's crazy, but I can live with it. But no, the answer is, therefore we can have no enforcement of immigration laws whatsoever. Again, if you're more than eight years old, you've got to realize, Oh, that's untenable.
Speaker 2: We can't have that. Yeah, we'll finish. We'll finish Strong mixt.
Speaker 1: Art, Strong and Yettie.
Speaker 10: A seismic shift in the NBA, superstar Lebron James has a new teammate, the Dallas Mavericks, treating their franchise superstar Luka Doncic to the Los Angeles Lakers per former NBA champion Anthony Davis. The five time All Star, was the face of the Mavericks, leading them to the NBA Finals last season. For Dallas, it's a shocking move. They now move forward with thirty one year old Davis and Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a big trade, man, that's a big one. It'll be fun to watch the Lakers this year. See how that works.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: New York Post Megan McCain blasts repugnant Kanye West, hostage wife Bianca Sen Sorry after Grammy's twenty twenty five stunt, it's not really a stunt.
Speaker 2: She's always naked.
Speaker 4: If you haven't been following Kanye and his wife everywhere they go, She's naked walking through the airport, coming out of a bagel shop. So that's just their thing. But I don't the hostage thing. That's what Katie Now were talking about earlier. She does have a look on her face like she's.
Speaker 2: Scared or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've kind of reflexively not paid much attention to it because it seems like just a naked, pardon me, effort to like jin up publicity or make some point or something. I don't want to give him the time of day. But if there is something really weird like that going on, I've missed it.
Speaker 4: He might just be sticking it to Kim Kardashian see My Hot Wife, who Need You Again?
Speaker 1: A hot wife and she as an uber shapely would be Instagram something famous for being famous. Person is happy to go along with it, or maybe they're actually in love.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, he is nuts, but uh, i'd be quite a lifestyle. You'd have to be pretty unhappy to give up the flying in a private plane around the world, never working ever, Limo everywhere lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Sounds somewhat appealing.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know if I want to walk around naked.
Speaker 9: Of course, I don't look like hers your home.
Speaker 1: For final Fox, Joe Getty, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day, beginning with our technical director Michelangelo and Michael take it away.
Speaker 2: Keep thinking about that Luca Donics trade.
Speaker 1: They said he was out of shape, And I'm really glad we can't be traded or fired for being out of shape, because I'd be in really big trouble.
Speaker 4: Showed up at the beginning of the year, you know, a little overweight and not in shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be tough. That'd be tough for me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here here, how about our Steve Newswoman Katie Green Katie final thought?
Speaker 5: Jack earlier talking about the blue light affecting sleep. Just to let you know, I heard you say blue light glasses. They make blue light screen covers.
Speaker 2: Now, oh yeah, that's what I need. Then, Yeah, I'll get that. I have it. I don't know if it's doing anything for me that they exist. Jack final thought for.
Speaker 4: Us, I don't know much about tariffs and trade economics and all that sort of stuff, but they're an awful lot of experts left right and center who think this is a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: I hope it works out better than that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's beIN to look like the story is going to be over by like six am tomorrow, which means he was right, I guess, or successful anyway. My final thought, it's a beloved Grammy's tradition. Year after Year nineteen seventy eight Best New Artists, Starland Vocal Band, beat Out Boston.
Speaker 2: The Grammys died.
Speaker 1: To me that day, My friends and dead, they remain Afternoon delight indeed.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people, thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong, Getty dot com, drop usnokee. There's something we ought to be talking about. Send it along, pickups, ma g Swag, The Hoodies very very popular, and our hoplanks great stuff to read and watch and everything else.
Speaker 4: The Canadian Tarifs are supposed to hit it at midnight tonight. We'll see if they cave prior to midnight the way Mexico did.
Speaker 2: We're running out of time shee tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and getcha. Last made in heaven.
Speaker 1: The two get together every morning at six o'clock over a ton of stuff, The Greatest Dynasty.
Speaker 2: We're all better off. We're all better off. We're all better off, and we're working together.
Speaker 8: They stood there and fought for us, for you.
Speaker 2: I think your star spangled Boston, No Joe, So everybody chill.
Speaker 7: Let's go with a bang, hero Burst. Foreign policy is good for trade and national security.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty