Speaker 1: You're listening to comedy.
Speaker 2: Central high school senior becomes top pick in NBA Draft. Now the hard part breaking the news to Oxford University's undergraduate Department of Medieval French Literature.
Speaker 3: They'll miss him.
Speaker 2: The NBA held its annual prom last night at Madison Square Garden, with this year's theme Giant Teenagers. Three of the top four draft picks came straight out of high school, including number one pick Kwame Brown. As always, the moments leading up to the number one selection were fraught with tension and excitement.
Speaker 4: With the first pick in the two thousand and one NBA Draft, the Washington Wizards select Kwame Brown from Gwynn Academy, Brunswick, Georgia.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was.
Speaker 2: I was very upset that I didn't get pay. Kwame Brown, the top draft pick, is a six foot eleven high school senior from George's Glen Academy.
Speaker 3: He was welcome to.
Speaker 2: The league by tiny Jewish NBA Commissioner David Stern. Perhaps I can give you a hint of what their conversation was like, you've big.
Speaker 1: That was their conversation.
Speaker 2: The first player selected with college experience was Michigan State's twenty year old sophomore Jason Richardson, or as he was known in yesterday's draft.
Speaker 3: Old Man.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers, flushed with confidence after dominating their way to a second straight NBA title, didn't even bother selecting a player.
Speaker 3: Instead, they used their first round.
Speaker 2: Pick to draft five foot four inch Udah Hoggen, the drama teacher. If they hope will bring a long needed semblance of craft to shacks acting.
Speaker 3: Now, you'd huggin.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: With the unusually high number of high school seniors applying for the draft this year, a controversy has arisen over age requirements for the NBA. I'm joined now by our senior NBA analyst, Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 3: Stephen, thank you very much for joining us. Now let's talk NBA.
Speaker 5: Let's talk smack all right.
Speaker 2: Commissioner Stern has himself proposed a minimum age requirement of twenty years to be in the NBA to get drafted.
Speaker 3: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 6: I can't say I do. John, there's a fundamental hypocrisy at work here. Our society says, if you're eighteen, you're old enough to vote or to die for your country. If you're old enough to do those things, you're certainly old enough to toss a ball through a basket for enough money to forever skew your view of reality.
Speaker 3: In your mind.
Speaker 2: Stephen, then a eighteen years should be the cutoff age.
Speaker 6: That's right, John. If you're old enough to get into a PG. Thirteen movie, you should be allowed to play the hoops PG thirteen.
Speaker 3: I think you only have to be thirteen, all right.
Speaker 6: A different example, if the elders of your synagogue pronounce you a man, you're certainly mature enough to play the ball.
Speaker 3: That's thirteen two, John, What do you.
Speaker 6: Have against thirteen year olds? I was old enough to be tried as an adult at thirteen, So don't tell me an eighteen or a nineteen year old isn't mature enough for the NBA.
Speaker 3: You were in a prison at thirteen.
Speaker 6: Bro, No, No, John, I was tried at thirteen. They never found the weapon. Man, it's amazing how far little Kasherule will go in the criminal justice system corruption. Here's the point, John, we need to get these kids in the NBA, because if they're anything like me at that age, they're going to need a lot of cash.
Speaker 7: Go Wizards, I got tonight an NBA legend now an analyst for TNTs inside the NBA, also currently spokesperson for a Dove Men Journey to Comfort a campaign.
Speaker 2: No for real, please welcome Saquilo Neil.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: Tell me that was exhilarating. Now I know how my son feels. I do I do that to him?
Speaker 2: And then he tries to do that to me and I think, like, oh.
Speaker 3: I feel young again? Is this now?
Speaker 2: Did that tire you out at all? Because now I feel like this is not enough refreshment for you?
Speaker 1: Does this seem like it? How big is your mug get home?
Speaker 9: It's actually about that high, about that thick, So there's.
Speaker 2: More like like like the thing you wrench your mouth out with after brushing you.
Speaker 9: This would be like a shot glass. Even though I don't drink in public, it's more like a shot glass.
Speaker 2: And I can barely lift mine, so you could see there's differences with you.
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: By the way, is this is it hard for you?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: You look still like you Actually?
Speaker 9: Actually, I'm I'm living fabulous. I'm comfortable in my own skin. I'm staying out of trouble. I'm working on my PhD. I graduated moth uh, I'm still sexy. H I still have some firmness in my ass when I touch up.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I actually was not going to mention that earlier, but I can attest to the firmness.
Speaker 3: What is the PhD that you're getting in May? What is this?
Speaker 9: It's an HRD Organizational Leadership at Barry University.
Speaker 1: Now I graduated May fifth.
Speaker 2: In school, is it impossible for you to blend in as a student? Where can if you sit up front? Basically people don't even realize.
Speaker 3: There's a class going on? Is what is the feeling of you in class? How do your other classmates to deal with you?
Speaker 9: Well, they look to see if I really am doing the work. They look to see if I really know what's going on. So I like to do my homework. I like to be the first one to answer the question. So like you know, when the teachers ask the questions, I go, I know that one.
Speaker 1: I know that one.
Speaker 3: Now when you do that, does she see you?
Speaker 1: Yes? Who does? Who does?
Speaker 3: He sees?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: He sees me? In Now why would they think you wouldn't do the word?
Speaker 2: Because the truth of the matter is at your status as an icon, as a legend, Why would you go back to school to screw around?
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. You're right, right, I am right? You know. It's just the world we live in.
Speaker 9: And like, you know, when I'm in class, they look at me like no, they give me that look like what is he doing there?
Speaker 1: But you know, I think I've take care of that. Yes, Weggie, Reggie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't know what the college policy is on that, But there's one of those real quick and the wold thing's over?
Speaker 3: Are you able to fit it in? You got your job as an analyst? Are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: Is it difficult? You're so close to having been playing. You still look like you get out there and play, and I bet you could. Is it hard now to sit and watch the games and analyze it and not let the competitive juices start to flow and want to dive out there and play.
Speaker 9: It's fun, you know. I try to. I try to make people laugh, you know. I'm trying to be like you when I'm on TV.
Speaker 1: I try to.
Speaker 2: I've always felt that I've been a role model.
Speaker 1: For you, Yes, you have, you have. I try to try to have any idea.
Speaker 2: If if I could dunk once, I would give it all up seriously because my son, now he very much. First of all, he's a huge fan of yours. He loves basketball, and he's saying to me, you know, I would love to be a professional basketball player.
Speaker 3: I would love to do that.
Speaker 2: And I don't know at what age do I break to him that he's Jewish? Like, I don't know, Like, what do you how do you even say that?
Speaker 9: Well, when you see him, when you see him tonight, tell him, uncle Shack, says Brack Hussim.
Speaker 10: Tell him, tell him.
Speaker 9: Nice, Uncle Shack, and then tell him last, and then tell them.
Speaker 1: And then tell him that he can make it. He can make it, you know what.
Speaker 2: I Am gonna tell him that, and I'm gonna encourage him. And it's always great to see you.
Speaker 3: You're a good man. And no, and what quick gave before you go?
Speaker 2: Nicks Bucks, who's making the final eighth spot in the East.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to go to the Knicks. Chaquilloo, everybody.
Speaker 2: Continuing in the world of sports, last night, millions of NBA fans across the country tuned in to watch the highly anticipated debut of eighteen year old Phenome Lebron James and man he was spectacular.
Speaker 1: Check this so you did that?
Speaker 3: Guy looked like a ten years so to selling veteran. He was awesome the way he drove the drink to.
Speaker 1: The by the way.
Speaker 2: I also heard he played his first basketball game, and though as Cleveland Cavaliers lost to the Sacramento Kings, James defied even the loftiest expectations with impressive statistics for a newcomer twenty five points, nine assists, six rebounds, four steals, eighty five posse members, fifteen pairs have thrown panties, one bejeweled goblet. ESPN actually pointed out Lebron's debut was the best statistically ever for a pro athlete straight out of high school, which sends a clear message to kids everywhere education is for losers.
Speaker 3: Seriously, those stay in school.
Speaker 2: So far, James appears unfazed by the media spotlight, even embracing it by wearing the vaunted number twenty three, which of course only invites comparison with that other famous number twenty three New York nick legend Sid Tan and Bound. You know the forties kids who were always.
Speaker 3: Saying they wanted to be like Sid. This game, I love.
Speaker 2: Lebron Lebron's performance also came as a relief to NBA executives, as it drew attention away from a public spat between two of its biggest stars. LA Laker teammates Kobe Bryan and Shaquille O'Neil have.
Speaker 3: Been embroiled in a war of words over leadership of their team.
Speaker 2: During a telephone interview with ESPN, Kobe questioned Shaq's leadership skills, accused him of being childlike and selfish, and derided his unprofessionalism. Shaq responded to quote Kobe's the one on the rape trial thing?
Speaker 3: Right? Is that? Am I wrong about?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Is that? Fortunately, it appears the rift between the two stars may soon be over. Two men are rumored to have talked things over, and a truly hopeful sign. This afternoon, Kobe gave Shack and eight carrot purple diamond ring worth four million dollars.
Speaker 11: My guest tonight is a four times NBA Champion and a four time NBA All Star who plays for the Golden State Warriors. He's here to talk about his latest championship win, his hit podcast, and so much more. Please welcome Draymond Greene.
Speaker 3: Mister Draymond green welcome to the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 11: I'm shocked that you have time to do anything after winning your fourth NBA championship because you own.
Speaker 12: You know, this one feels different than any other one in what way? It's like the ultimate, It's the best.
Speaker 11: Let's let's talk about Let's jump straight into it.
Speaker 5: This is what I love about you.
Speaker 11: You know, there was an error in sports where you know, people would sort of say what they mean on the court, but then when they would come off the court, they did an interview, what do you think about this and be like, oh, it was a good game or it was a fun game. Draymond Green says what he feels. Draymond Green says what he means. The fans love you because of this. I love watching the postgame interviews because of you.
Speaker 1: So let's let's talk about.
Speaker 11: That aspect of the game. You've been honest about it from the beginning. People wrote your team off, people say Golden State was done for Does this feel like like like vindication in the biggest way it does.
Speaker 12: I felt like people doubted us more this time than they did prior to twenty fifteen, when we had never won anything, and I think that's ultimately you know, everybody's like, oh why why in the parade are y'all saying f everybody and shut up?
Speaker 1: And that's because the reality is.
Speaker 12: They they disrespected the work we've already done, right, you know, to disrespect us as if we aren't champions and just write us off like we hadn't done it before. That's why I said, supple, can I tell you what I also like? This is what I like.
Speaker 11: There's a there's an element of danger that's been infused into the team because I think you know this. The Golden State Warriors are an amazing team, but you guys have like a bit of a like like a like a Christian youth group vibe about you.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: No, I mean especially like Clay and Stafford, like you're the bad boy of the group, but like Clan Stephan is very much like I'll see you guys on Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's like a nice thing.
Speaker 11: And I think there was this attitude in the league where people are like, man, they're the nice guys. You can say anything about them, they won't do anything. I saw you in one of the post postmatch interviews where you said, they said, what do you think happened? You said, I thought I was too soft in that game. You changed everything after that. How do you maintain being good players, being good people, but still bringing enough hardness to the game while playing while still playing clean?
Speaker 12: Well, I think ultimately you follow your leader. And so when you call us a youth church group, that's Steph Curry to the tea.
Speaker 1: That's what he is. He may as well go run the ministry.
Speaker 12: But now Clay, I think everybody kind of has miss under Clay misunderstood and way Clay's a little wild, like Clay go off the rail a little bit.
Speaker 11: Is this pre injury Clai or post injury has he changed?
Speaker 12: He's a little more tame after the injury he was before the injury. But I think, you know, there's kind of this misconception of to take this disres it's like light skinned guys like that's.
Speaker 13: That's funny that you said men.
Speaker 11: Don't get hurt like leight skin guys are reallything, Like.
Speaker 12: What there's like this misconception of light skinned guys being soft.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 12: And I always but like you just but yeah, like you just said I was the soft one like we saw.
Speaker 1: Ye Steph Curry was great. Yes, I was the soft one.
Speaker 12: So I think, you know, it may be time to change the misconceps.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, you got You've got four championships. You know it feels like each championship has a story. You know, the first time is who is this team? What are they doing? Steve Kurr, this this whole mix. I would argue that your team has almost reshaped basketball. You know, the way teams play, the way you move the ball, where people shoot from, how you defended, all of that has changed because of Golden States. Like when you look at your fourth championship, how do you motivate yourself to do even more now? Because most would go, I've won. What else do I have to push myself on?
Speaker 12: Well, Lebron has far and if I get five him the greatest ever?
Speaker 1: Right Ah?
Speaker 12: Honestly, Like like that's the challenge, Like can you do it again?
Speaker 1: Like the moment we finished, I'm standing.
Speaker 12: Up on a podium and I'm like this this is crazy, Like it's wild.
Speaker 1: How do we get back here? I like that it's.
Speaker 12: Feeling like my biggest spirit when we wanted the first one was that this feeling is so great. I'll never feel this again in my life.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 12: And so you're just chasing that feeling again. And quite frankly, like I said before the season, nobody has proven that they can beat us.
Speaker 1: We still happen.
Speaker 3: Mmmm. So you're going into another season.
Speaker 11: The team is looking good, the spirit and just in the city, like if you're in Oakland, you know, even around San Francisco, you can feel as a pride in and around the team. I feel it change in you as well in that you know, there were some moments where it felt it felt like Draymond Green was angry. You know, people weren't giving you the respect that you deserved. Now it seems like you play with the anger, but you have like a you have like a different swag to you as a person. Now you you laught at people's doubts. You know, you enjoy those moments. On your podcast, for instance, you put it all out there. What do you think changed in your life?
Speaker 12: I think a having a fiance that I have, She's incredible. She's changed me and I love that, thank you. And also my children, they've changed me. And like my mom constantly reminds me, hey them, baby's watching you like, make sure you're on your best behavior.
Speaker 1: The babies are watching you.
Speaker 12: And so I think that's changed me and it's helped me channel a lot. Now, another thing that's helped me is when you have that fire in that chip as a second round pick, everybody loves it, it's great. But when you carry that same chip as a four time All Star, as a four time champman, it's then distasteful because you're not the underdog anymore.
Speaker 11: That's interesting.
Speaker 12: And so what I realized was that I was carrying that same chip that allowed me to remember the thirty four guys that was drafted before me in the year five and six, and people are starting to look at it like, man, that's nasty, that's distasteful, And I knew that I wanted to change that. I don't want the perception of me to be a bad taste in someone.
Speaker 11: I hear what you're saying. You weren't trying to be the villain. You were just trying to be somebody who's driven. It changes with your position of power.
Speaker 1: I hear you. Before I let you go.
Speaker 11: This one thing I've always wanted to know about that elements of the game with the players and the teams and the fans and all of that is you have this camaraderie. You guys have this drive, You have this world that we don't know about as the fans, and when the fans are cussing you guys out from the sides. On the one hand, fans are there to throw you off your game. They want to say whatever to get at you, and that's part of being their lives. On the other hand, you're human beings. You have families, you know, you have emotions. How do you think we find that balance between what fans can say at a game and what you should or shouldn't respond to as an athlete.
Speaker 12: Well, I used to feel like fans should be stopped from saying some of the things that they say.
Speaker 14: Uh huh.
Speaker 12: Then Commissioner Silver comes out and say, hey man, those Boston fans are great, as the saying Hugh Dremond. So I'm like, all right, commission is the best commissioner. And like I said on my tweet, he's probably one of the best CEOs in America, let alone commissioner of the Sports League.
Speaker 1: But he's like, oh, that's great. So my response to that is great cool.
Speaker 12: Can I turn to yo them because if I if I can, then no problem.
Speaker 1: Let them yell what they want to yell.
Speaker 12: I yell what I want to yell, and I continue down the court. And so I think the thing for me is like some at some point you're kind of allowing them to do this and encouraging it in a way because they know. If I yell that to Draymond and he says that back to me, he's getting fined twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: He's getting fined fifty thousand dollars. So what I'll say the commissions, no problem.
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 12: Let them do their thing, but let me do my thing and don't hit my pocketbook.
Speaker 1: Yo, man, I can talk to you Feve about if.
Speaker 13: That's what the punk cop is tut to show.
Speaker 1: Check out his pop cop Drmon Green show on The Sessions.
Speaker 11: Draymond Green is how vailable I'm prime, Tod wanna take Krick Craik got.
Speaker 1: Right back.
Speaker 11: The MBA twenty nine of the world's best basketball teams, and also the Knicks. The regular season hasn't even kicked off yet, but there's already been a ton of drama.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 11: If you haven't been keeping up last week, the general manager of the Houston Rockets posted a tweet in support of the pro democracy protests in Hong Kong, and the NBA quickly put out a statement distancing themselves from that tweet. What was funny about this, though, was that the English version of the statement was very different from what it was being translated to for the Chinese Internet. So like in English, the statement was basically like, hey, China, We're sorry you're offended, but then the Mandarin one was like rest assured, China.
Speaker 1: We will feed this man to the wolves.
Speaker 11: But then here in America people were pissed that the NBA was kowtowing to China, right, so yesterday they went into damage control mode and things have only escalated from there.
Speaker 2: There's new fallout this evening in the NBA's firestorm with China.
Speaker 15: The NBA tonight fighting bag after being blasted for caving to China's Commune Government Commissioner Adam Silver defending Houston Rockets GM Darryl Mory.
Speaker 9: We are not apologizing for Darryl exercising his freedom of expression.
Speaker 13: Shortly after, Adam Silver voiced the league's support for free speech, fresh backlash from the communist regime in Beijing.
Speaker 15: China's government tonight digging in canceling a Brooklyn Nets event at a Shanghai school.
Speaker 6: In the last few hours, China has started pulling down Lakers and Nets signage.
Speaker 13: At least two major Chinese retailers have pulled Houston Rockets merchandise from their websites. China's state TV said it won't broadcast or stream NBA preseason games in China. Oh no, not the preseason.
Speaker 11: No, nobody cares about the preseason games. Fans in America like, can you ban them here as well?
Speaker 3: Can you? Yeah?
Speaker 11: The preseason is just like the boring stuff we're forced to sit through before the main event. Like China banning preseason is like Disney getting rid of its lines, just like, I'm so sorry, but you'll have to go straight to the rides from now on. I wish it didn't come to this.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 11: Still, though, China is seriously pissed off about the tweets, right, and they're also pissed off about the response from the NBA. And they aren't just taking preseason games off the air, they're also canceling NBA events. They're ripping down NBA signs everywhere. In fact, like everything NBA related is basically banned. Yeah, no basketball, no lebron in fact, no jumping. Yeah you see a puddle, you just walk right through that shit. You can have donuts, but no duncan. And all office workers in China, if you need to throw something in the trash, none of this, no buzzer beaters. You get out and you just place it gently in the bin. So China is basically going to war with the NBA, all because of a single tweet. And as surprising as that may seem to some people, the truth is this kind of thing has been happening between China and American companies a lot.
Speaker 14: The NBA not the only one of feeling is a heat either. US jeweler Tiffany also under fire after sweeting an image of a Chinese model covering one eye, with people believing it was done in solidarity with those Hong Kong protests.
Speaker 11: Nike a bound to pressure from Beijing, pulling a sneaker from the Chinese market.
Speaker 13: Activision has suspended a professional video game player and taken away his prize money.
Speaker 3: Apple took the Taiwan emoji off its keyboard.
Speaker 13: If you are in Hong Kong, Macaw Marriott apologized to the Chinese governments. Jivoshi and Coach issued apology messides, benz Is offering an apology.
Speaker 5: The Gap issued a sincere apology.
Speaker 13: Built it saying we apologize deeply for the mistake.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 11: China gets offended by a lot of shit. But like that one guy at work who takes everything personally, you're just like, hey, man, I.
Speaker 1: Like your shoes and go wow.
Speaker 3: So you don't like looking at my feet? Uh No, I do like your feet.
Speaker 1: Gross, You're a pervert.
Speaker 15: But here's the thing.
Speaker 11: The truth is these companies don't have to take orders from China about what to say or how to act, but they do it because nobody wants to lose access to a billion Chinese customers. It's a powerful incentive, so powerful, in fact, that China's influence is affecting how Americans can act on American soil.
Speaker 10: Tonight's game between the seventy six ers and China's team, the Guanzhou Long Lions, went on as planned as an international firestorm hangs over the Wells Fargo Center, and on the sidelines, Sam Walks and his wife held Free Hong Kong and free hk signs that were confiscated by security in the first quarter. Then in the second quarter both got kicked out of the game when Walk started yelling free Hong Kong. As someone who used to live there, he supports the movement.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 11: Fans in Philadelphia got kicked out of a basketball game last night for chanting free Hong Kong. And I didn't realize that yelling shit at a basketball game was against the rules. I mean, that must have been so confusing for all the other fans, you know, because this guy is there like free Hong Kong, and then the guy next to him was probably like, hey, Ben.
Speaker 1: Simmons, Sucker Kartnasciana, and then.
Speaker 11: Securities like you get out, No, not you, No, the free Hong Kong guy, you keep going that stuff about the kardashion.
Speaker 3: That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Carry on.
Speaker 11: Next week, billions of people will celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year, but this week in the NBA, one of the holiday celebrations did not go as planned. The Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 5: On Monday, the team canceled a planned Lunar New Year promotional giveaway celebrating this the Year of the Monkey.
Speaker 11: The monkey shirts were part of the NBA's recognition of the Chinese New Year.
Speaker 15: This decision was made after DeMarcus Cousins raised some concerns.
Speaker 10: Cousins apparently said it's insensitive to give out those shirts on the same day as the start of Black History Month.
Speaker 11: For more on this story, we turned to senior basketball correspondent Ronnie Chang. Everybody, thank you, thank you so, Ronnie, I guess the big question was it okay for the Sacramento Kings to hand out Year of the Monkey t shirts on the first day of Black History Months.
Speaker 5: Look, Trevor, I understand how hundreds of years of institutionalized racism might make Black people a little sensitive to this kind of thing, right, But obviously this was just an unfortunate coincidence. Okay, Chinese people have no beef with Black people, right. Look, I know Black History Month is really important to you guys, But we started naming years after animals, like five thousand years ago. Right, It's a set pattern. Okay, every year is a different animal, like I'm in ox, You're an ugly rat, Cameraman's a fat pig. Okay, we can't change that. It's just science. Like, do you really think back in ancient China when they were like drawing up the lunar calendar, some old Chinese guy of a long white beard was like, oh hah oh, you know what would be all funnier if someday there was our sports league for our mostly black of people and we are we get our monkey T shirts.
Speaker 3: No, that never happened.
Speaker 5: And by the way, every Chinese person talks like that, Okay, that's racist.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, but you were you were the one doing though.
Speaker 5: Think about it, Trevor, who was actually offended by this? Like one guy, one guy, DeMarcus Cousins. We're really gonna listen to DeMarcus Cousins.
Speaker 3: Really, that's the guy. That's the guy.
Speaker 5: This guy, he's been a leader in technical fouls for like five seasons in a row. Now, yeah, it's the biggest.
Speaker 15: Cry baby in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Oh, that guy found me. I hate my coach.
Speaker 5: That T shirt us my feelings. You know what should hurt your feelings, DeMarcus, your team being in tenth place in their conference. All right, now, Look, if Steph Curry complains about a monkey T shirt, Look, that's a conversation.
Speaker 11: Why wow, wow, Ronnie, I'm I'm shocked right now, you know, a lot about basketball, man were talking about.
Speaker 5: Of course we know about basketball. Chinese people love basketball. That's like a million Chinese basketball fans. And not to mention countless NBA players of Chinese descent.
Speaker 11: Well not countless, isn't it just Jeremy Lynn?
Speaker 13: Countless players?
Speaker 3: Trevor.
Speaker 5: Okay, Look, the Year of the Monkey happens every twelve years. Okay, so we need to fix this right now. Oh, this is just gonna keep on offending people.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: And we can't move Chinese New Year because it's based on the mood. Okay, there's nothing we can do about it. So I suggest you guys just move Black History Month.
Speaker 1: What no, no, no, whoa Runnie, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 11: No, No, we can't just move Black History months.
Speaker 3: Sure you can what you want.
Speaker 5: February anyway, it's like the colders and shortest months.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's missing a day. It's like a bad month. Look, I can't believe you guys were suckered into taking February in the first place. All right, why don't you take something I may it's got thirty one days and there's no monkey based holidays. All right, it's beautiful you know.
Speaker 11: Ronnie, I see your suggestion, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't count from that happening, Trevor.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is black people, listen, we're all on the same team here. Okay, well, not your enemy. We've already proved we can work well together in rush hour. Remember that's right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Chris Tucker.
Speaker 5: And Jackie Chan kicked ass, conformed to racial stereotypes, and respected each other's holidays.
Speaker 11: Runnie, don't you ever touch a black man's holiday travel.
Speaker 5: We're not trying to touch your holiday. Okay, do you understand the woods that are coming out of my mouth? Oh?
Speaker 1: Nice, nice, that's rush hour. That's what we did.
Speaker 3: It was rush hour.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: It's what Russia. I didn't realize I see.
Speaker 5: Bring us together already, it really is.
Speaker 11: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Runnie Chang.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 5: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 4: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 12: Plus Paramount Podcasts