Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Brief. We got our friend Joe Burrelli on this episode. He is the Sage of Staten Island, New York City councilman. Knows what's going on all across the five Burroughs, the Big Apple, you name it. Joe, Good to see you. NYPD has cleared out the encampment at Columbia. My understanding is they're starting to rebuild the encampment. What do you think about what's going on?
Speaker 3: They're trying to rebuild it.
Speaker 1: We were just in the park right here by City Hall is a really nice park right in front of the building, and all the Kefia wearing Hamas Nicks are all congregating outside, trying to figure out what next to do. They were over at one police plaza waiting for their hero martyrs to be released from the brief custom They got them els and two from last night.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a.
Speaker 1: Long time coming, and I'm glad finally the president of the school gave the NYPD authority to do this. Frankly, I've never seen anything in New York City this bad. I wish I could say, ever, but since twenty twenty, when the George Floyd riots happened in this city, it's never been this anti semitic. I mean, just walking around seeing these people with these with these bandanas, these kefas, just walking around as though they don't mean animosity to our Jewish neighbors. It's just sickening. It's disgusting, and it really is just one more thing, one more thing that makes me question why I come to work every day and live in this city.
Speaker 2: Now. Is there pretty much unanimous support among city officials for what the NYPD did, or are some of the communists on the city council your colleagues opposed to this for some reason, I mean the notion of opposition to police and trespassing, burglary, and criminal mischief. I don't understand what those who have a problem with it think is supposed to happen, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, well, I mean they're just they're just lying.
Speaker 1: They're saying there's this false narrative where these people were just you know, sitting on the grass beating drums, not doing anything harassing or illegal.
Speaker 3: And that's just not the case.
Speaker 1: I mean with this incident, they took over a public building where kids are supposed to attend classes, and they decided to vandalize it and destroy property and basically, you know, culminate almost two weeks of just harassing students who go to the school and faculty for being Jewish. So, unfortunately, on the City Council, we have a very small minority of Republicans, a very small minority. That adds to that we with some moderate rational Democrats, and then the rest of them are just are either too scared to speak up because they're too afraid of the with the radical left, or they are the prototype of the radical left movement with some of them. And it's it's unfortunately the case where some of the most virulent pro Hamas supporters come from the New York City Council.
Speaker 2: I did see in the press conference there's a new NYPD commissioner. Uh what happened last commissioner.
Speaker 1: Well, we still have Eddie Caban who's been the commissioner for about a year.
Speaker 2: Right, that's new to me because I don't live there anymore, so I don't really pay that close attention. So I'm saying wasn't there a female African American police commissioner before?
Speaker 1: Sewell, I believe, yeah, she did a great job, left on relatively good turn.
Speaker 2: She was good, she was good, Okay good.
Speaker 1: There is so many great things to criticize Eric Adams about, and that's fine, and we always have these conversations. One of those things that you can't criticize him is appointing good police commissioners and actually standing by police officers.
Speaker 3: He deserves commendation for that.
Speaker 1: He really does the new commissioners great and we saw the deputy commissioner actually was the one who basically pulled down the Palestinian flag and replaced it with the American flag. In fact, I have a town hall tonight with Eric Adams and he's not very popular in my Republican bashion of Staten Island. So I joked to him, I said, look, if the people get a little angry at you, just show the video of Commissioner Daughtry pulling down the Palestinian flag and raising the American flag and you'll get a few, you know, you'll get a few cheers in case, in case, people want to help.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's good to hear I want to get some more into Eric Adams than the state of New York City, the city of New York. But you know this situation of New York in just a second. But you know AI based companies have had huge moves over the last year, and they've been making moves that affect the rest of the entire market. Few writers out there know as much about this trend as Mark Jakin. Mark covers these companies and the stocks that benefit mightily from the AI trend, and he says most Americans are about to miss out on a critical turning win this AI frenzy. Mark is calling this a new dawn for US stocks and predicts dozens of specific companies will be impacted in just the next ninety days time. That's why Mark has agreed to share one of his favorite AI stocks to buy now with our listeners. He put everything in a new presentation you can watch for free at twenty twenty four ai stock dot Com. That's twenty twenty four ai stock dot com paid for by Shacking Analytics. So Eric Adams, you know, it's funny. Clay asked me what I thought about Eric Adams. I said, Look, I wasn't really in New York for very long, when he was the when he was the mayor, I left of Florida, where we're still keeping a seat warm for you, mister Barelli of Staten Island in case. This is a man who loves golf, warm weather, freedom, and yet he still lives in New York, is still a city council.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I.
Speaker 1: Was in Naples all week with at seat to table living living.
Speaker 2: See. See this is the this is the city council. Oh, he loves Naples. I'm just telling you it could he could be the councilman from Naples before long. Anyway, I don't want to push him too much. We know it's gonna happen at some point. But in the meantime, I mean, Clay asked me what I thought about Eric Adams, and what I said was from what I can gather both from NYPD friends of mine and just reading about his different positions, is that he's not Deblasio. Insofar as Deblasio I think was as a point of ideology, actively willing to tear down the city and make people suffer because he's a Marxist, like he thought that shared misery for everyone was justice. I get the sense that Eric Adams has challenges, sure, and maybe his leadership is not always what it should be, although anyone can criticize any leader, but that he is not malignant toward the City of New York, or rather, he doesn't view his role as some kind of a painful transformation. And I want you to speak to that, like, how would you judge you're seeing the mayor tonight?
Speaker 3: No, I think that's a good assessment.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at his biggest failure is taking a risk on this migrant crisis where he thought, like the Democratic Party talking points were actually going to pan out the way he thought they would, where the Democratic Party nationally would support him in this endeavor, and all we got is a three to four billion dollars per year boondoggle that now he's trying to back his way out of and he can't. I mean, he is hampered by state law in many respects to what he now wants to do. It's a little too late for most people, me included. But absent the migrant crisis, things aren't terrible. I mean in the sense of how he's doing with policing and public safety. He's definitely putting more cops in the subways, things like that.
Speaker 2: But it's do stantn Island cops like him? Do Staten Island cops like him? That's what I know? Do the do the cops support him? Pretty much? The rank and file.
Speaker 1: I would say it's fifty to fifty, but it was you know, ninety nine to one for Bill de Blasio, right, So you got to put every content all.
Speaker 2: Right, No, that's fair that that tracks with what I would have thought, by the way, certainly a lot better than it was with the block, but maybe still has some some room to go on the positive side of things. I want to ask you this too, speaking of New York. You know Mark Simone, right, I would assume w R Mark Simons. Of course, Mark's a friend of mine, great radio host. He came on our show, so I'm not you know, he said this on five hundred radio stations, including w R NYC. He came on and he said he thinks that it is. He didn't say that it's possible. He said Trump is going to win New York. I'm just telling you what he said. I don't think Trump is going to win New York. But how crazy is it to say Trump is going to win New York really given the trends right now, and I mean, or do you think it's crazy at all, given that he's only behind I think six or seven points according to most of the polling.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean he went I think November sixth, you know, twenty twenty four, at nine o'clock at night, we will know he didn't win New York.
Speaker 3: And that's fine.
Speaker 1: But I think he competes in New York in a way that we've never seen a Republican candidate compete in New York.
Speaker 3: Two things to that.
Speaker 1: I know that the broader RNC and broader Republican Party nationally was looking for a more marquee candidate to go against Kirston Jilibrand, not because they thought they were going to beat Kirston Jillibrand, even though she is a zilt in a way that Chuck Schumer isn't even Chuck Schumer for Rollins, pulls, shows up and goes to work and gets involved in a Brooklyn bless we can fight nationally. But he's very, very in depth is knowledge of local issues. Jilli Brand I've never been in the same roomment with her ever in my life. I mean, I've been in office ten years. I've never actually seen her physically in person. The GOP wanted a stronger candidate against her, not on the prospect that they could beat her, but because they think Trump is going to do so well in New York that they can force some Senate spending in New York, where this would have automatically been a wash.
Speaker 3: On the flip side, I think you're get done on the flip side.
Speaker 1: Adding to the the in the next thing, you're gonna see him do some something in the Bronx in the next couple of days. I think you're gonna see him do a broader rally in the New York City area in the next week or so, two weeks, three weeks, something like that, and you're gonna see a record number of black and brown New Yorkers. They're not because they're paid like these rent the mobs that these liberals get. You're gonna see black and brown New Yorkers go out there in record number who earnestly and genuinely think Donald Trump would do a better job as president. Because he didn't do a better job as president than the guy who currently occupies the office.
Speaker 3: I think drop see in you know, the most democratic parts.
Speaker 1: Of New York City and not that not the liberal parts like the the Upper West Side in the village, but like New Yorkers live, like where people going to Bodeguas and where people you know, you know, just live their normal life and work in buildings and plumbers and electricians. You're gonna see those black and brown New Yorkers be at these rallies for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: If you can close whatever windows you have open on your laptop or something, because you're actually cutting in and out a little bit there, mister Barelli of Staten Island. I don't know if that's just your WiFi.
Speaker 3: What are you in?
Speaker 2: Like city Wi Fi? Is that what's going on here? Is it City of New York WiFi? That's why you're chopping in and out of our podcast. So you need to see if we can.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is live direction from city Hall.
Speaker 2: That's what it looked like. I was gonna say, I don't think you got that painting in your house. I mean, you're a fancy man, but that's a that would be a big painting for the Berrelli living room. I gotta talk about our sponsor for second year, Bart Creek Arsenal. Do you know about Bear Creek Arsenal. They make amazing guns. Can't really own guns in New York, which is ridiculous. Bear Creek arsles in Sanford, North Carolina, where they love freedom and firearms. I was there last week to witness how they do what they do in person. I was at the Bear Creek Arsenal factory. High quality firearms at an incredible price. I've got a nine millimeter called the Grizzly nine millimeter Pistol. I've also got the BC fifteen, which is their AR fifteen model. They've got phenomenal prices and quality on upper receivers for ars, so you can buy the upper receiver, you can buy the upper they have in stock. Absolutely fantastic. Go to Barrack Creek Arsenal dot com slash buck use my name buck as your promo code. Get ten percent off your first order. Pick out whatever you want. They send it to the FFL, you go pick it up. You're good to go. Barckreekarsenal dot com slash buck use the promo code buck for ten percent off your first order. Tell me about congestion. Pricing is the thing they're really doing.
Speaker 3: It's happening.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have a lawsuit Phil Murphy in New Jersey and Josh gottheimer To Democrats are happy to have their support. They're suing the MTA as well. Their case is pretty strong. Our case is pretty strong. And talking about strange bedfellows, the Republicans of Staten Island are actually plaintiffs in our lawsuit with the United Federation of Teachers. Teacher absolutely bamboozlely screwed by congestion pricing, so you will now have to pay fifteen dollars a day just to drive from one part of your own city, one part of your own borrow, to the other part of your own city. Undically un American. It's so disingenuous because in their own report, in their own environmental impact studies, they're saying we're only in a reduced congestion meaning traffic by point zero zero one percent by like twenty forty. So it's just a money grab. It's another way for New York City government to extract money from the taxpayers. In London is still one most traffic city in the world.
Speaker 3: It is you go on.
Speaker 1: There's a traffic model app company called Inrix. They model traffic around the world. They are the authority on traffic. London is the worst, and yet we're modeling what they're doing there in New York City just to screw the regular workaday New Yorkers. Because if the Brooklyn Bridge is right behind me and you can't see it now, but if we were to take this camera out there now, you would count one hundred Mazdas for every Maserati that comes a course, you know, one hundred Toyotas for every range Rover. Because most most who communit that need their cars are doing so because they live, you know, in a more affordable part of the city, would have to work in the Manhattan.
Speaker 2: So where are they collect it? Is it just at the the usual tolls that they're going to collect the fifteen dollars, you know what I'm saying. So when you come across the GW Bridge, now there's an extra fifteen dollars charge basically, or how does it work.
Speaker 1: It's going to be one hundred and fifty cameras in every lane of every bridge and then on all the southbound lanes south of sixtieth Street.
Speaker 3: So if you I know where you used to live, so if you if you were to go visit your.
Speaker 1: Doctor, just say you at your teen box just for the privilege of having a doctor that happened to be in the village.
Speaker 3: What did you said, I mean Sloan Ketterery.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, Wait a second. If I were to drive from say Columbia University down to NYU in my car, you're telling me I would basically get a fifteen dollars charge in the mail.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you're evil, you drove a car. You should have taken an uber and only got charged two dollars on the new congestion charge. Or you should have taken public trendsit even though you might get pushed in front of a train.
Speaker 3: Or you might not live in the park.
Speaker 1: People who rely on their cartimes living parts of the city that the MTA has failed them. They haven't built a subway line to massive queens. So have you got to go to Sloan Cantering for cancer treatment or just you know, to visit your kid at NYU in their dorm. You're paying fifteen dollars on top of the tolls, by the way, on top of the tolls and all the fees and all the stuff we already pay as New Yorkers, the highest tax burden in the country.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. Before I let mister BURRELLI go back to trying to save the city from the lunatics, I want to tell you about Patriot Defender. This couldn't come at a better time in our society. A new company with a new membership offer Patriot Defender. It's legal defense for you and me the time we need most. I'm a partner in this business. I believe in what Patriot Defender is doing. They offer no cost legal defense to protect your rights, freedom, reputation, and way of life. So if you speak up at a school board meeting about vaccine mandates, or speak up for your rights on campus. Let's say with all this craziness going on, you suffer consequences, your legal defense is then covered. So if you're right to free speeches did not suffer consequences, your legal defense is covered. They can also provide irs, audit assistance anything that is a violation of your freedoms and rights as an American, Patriot Defender can step in and provide you with a no cost legal defense. The only membership that goes beyond defense for concealed curry weapons. Patriot Defender will cover what others won't to protect you, your family, and your livelihood. Go to Patriot Defender dot com again, that's Patriotdefender dot com. Joe. Do you think the protests are basically done now the YPD has cleared it out, or are they just gonna keep coming?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think, you know, once you let them smell blood in the water, I think it just gets worse and worse. Is it's gonna be like the George Floyd rice where eventually it just putters out. But right now, with all the media coverage and with all the excitement, with all the additional protests going on at campuses and where not, everyone's acting like University of Florida students or Unit UNC frat boys, you're going to see more and more.
Speaker 2: So there's this place, Joe, if things get really hot up there. It's called South Florida. Very lovely golf courses here. All right, you just you just know, you throw up the bat signal and we'll get a whole right wing South Florida squad that come. We'll come get you, all right, we'll get you. We'll do an ex filtration office State Nan. We'll have to bring a lot of our our buddies though. Fireman police. You know, we could use more good cops than firefighters down here. So I'm just saying you can tell them spread the word. I don't know, you guys are gonna be You guys a gould be the last last ones off the embassy in New York, if you know what I mean, the last ones. Joe BURRELLI everybody go check him out on social media. Joe, go save the city. Please, thanks for talking to us.
Speaker 3: Good, Thank you,