Speaker 1: All right, you're back to back second dates, which the classics are proving to be our most popular episodes. Yeah, people are loving this longer forum, that's what we're thinking it is, you know, or maybe you guys just get bored through the middle and forget to turn it off. I'm not sure. Yeah, I appreciate it either way. It's the Brooke and Jeffrey Second Date Update podcast. And before we get to it, what do you see in the comment sectionallexo? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Maybe the reason they do so good is because of people like Hannah, who commented because she said, I finally just got on my final plane after over thirty six hours of travel that was only supposed to take seven. Oh no, I want to thank you guys for the hours of entertainment, for the time I spend in cars, planes, waiting in three hour lines, and sitting in the airport well from Detroit if I get there.
Speaker 4: Oh all right.
Speaker 1: Hand much love and strength to Hannah. This classics for you? Yes, yes, as right, all right, let's get to it. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: How many calls have we done for second Dates? Thousands, millions?
Speaker 1: How many years have I been here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you used to have.
Speaker 1: To dial an operator and tell them to come through.
Speaker 4: But what you're about to hear is possibly the most awkward twenty minutes of a first date we've ever heard on this show. Really, and it's all because of the embarrassing running that the guy had while he was at the bar. You're going to hear the cringe worthy story in your second date update.
Speaker 5: Next Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: You know, I googled the top ten most awkward things that can happen on a first date. They had severely late, your date talks too much, they don't talk at all, or they talk out of a weird part of their body that isn't their mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh are they doing that, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I'd actually like to see that.
Speaker 6: Ye is that you're knee talking yet?
Speaker 4: But none of those compared to what actually happened on one of our listeners first date. His name is Will, and today he needs our help, So Will, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, everybody, how's it gone?
Speaker 4: Now? Are you talking to us out of your mouth with that? Will? Or where is that voice coming from?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Somewhere else wherever you're talking out If that's fine, with us. Just tell us about why you emailed the show, like you had a problem with your first date the other night.
Speaker 7: Uh. Yeah, So I've been chatting with this girl. Her name's Leanne. Okay, you know, she's really pretty, and our chats online they've been really good. But it's been heating up more and more.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, are you excited about that, Brooks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, brook un zipped a little more on her sweater.
Speaker 7: I wanted to meet up with her, you know, but I haven't officially set anything up or anything like that. And then the craziest thing happened. I randomly ran into her while I was Yeah, I was out on another date with a different girl at a bar.
Speaker 1: Whoa wait, will what do you mean? Like you saw her down the bar? She came up to you?
Speaker 7: Like, I was sitting at the bar top with my date and two people walk up to the bar and they sit directly to my right. Okay, I look over and the person who's next to me, I don't recognize them, but one chair over it's Leamne.
Speaker 1: Wait, dude, was she also on a date? No?
Speaker 7: It was some other girl I maybe a friend.
Speaker 1: I would be hiding the entire time I wouldn't tend.
Speaker 4: Toward underneath the bartop like what do you do there? Will?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean that would all be good and well, except for we locked eyes with one another.
Speaker 1: Oh god, who said something for.
Speaker 8: I?
Speaker 7: I introduced her to my day?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's funny though, I mean you have to write, what did you say?
Speaker 7: I dropped the f B my friend Leanne.
Speaker 4: I think that's fine, that's fine from his perspective, but what's Leanne's take on that?
Speaker 7: The look on Leanne's face was basically like, are you f and kidding me?
Speaker 1: Okay? I mean, but what other word where you're supposed to use? As long as you didn't introduce your date as like your wife or something like right my girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I would imagine that you tried to cut off that conversation as quickly as possible.
Speaker 7: I tried. I mean there's also another level to this, because she'd asked me before if that same night worked for us to go out, and I told her I couldn't because I was busy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 6: Why you got caught busy?
Speaker 4: You didn't say what he was busy with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're cheating and you're not talking to her.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know if you were want to go on, Like you wouldn't want to know someone's going on to date that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no cheating or anything. It's just awkward. Just the thing is weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you know, in all fairness, I had books to date with that girl before, so technically I was busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I ask you who were you most excited to go out with? Leanne or the girl you were already out with?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, well, here's an easier question. Who are we calling today?
Speaker 7: We're calling Leanne?
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's the answer you should probably give.
Speaker 1: That's probably because he already has another date lined up with.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, you guys can edit that pause out right?
Speaker 1: Sure, No, no we can't.
Speaker 4: Well, so, how so that's already extremely uncomfort for everybody involved. How did the rest of that night go?
Speaker 7: Well? Add insult to injury, My Dave was like flirting and touching my arm the whole time. So like, I'm just over there, I'm trying to finish up my drink as quickly as I can so we can get the hell out of there.
Speaker 6: You're like, I get it, I get it, I'm cute. Let's just get out of here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I mean eventually Leanne and her friend got up and left.
Speaker 1: They left first. Okay, that's not a good look. Have you heard anything.
Speaker 7: From Leanne after the date? I texted her and I was like, just trying to do damage control. I'm like, hey, sorry, that was pretty awkward, but I really do want to see you, And of course I got no response, which fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: It could just be hard, Like I mean, even though it's like you did nothing wrong, like she'll never be able to see you without that other girl, now, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right well, you know a lot of times when we do these types of calls that seem fairly obvious for the reason why you're not getting a call back, it turns out not to be that. So maybe I'm thinking Leanne just had a bad knack at the bar, a little tummy, it had to go home.
Speaker 10: She's like, he.
Speaker 6: Only had one date?
Speaker 4: What a loser? Maybe Alexis is this fixable?
Speaker 10: Do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so? For sure.
Speaker 3: He didn't do anything wrong, it's just awkward, so we just gotta make up for it.
Speaker 4: I mean, he he never actually like completely lied. He just said that he was busy, so that works in his favorite She must be very very good looking if he has multiple women wanting to go out with him, totally, And he didn't in her face either that night, Like he could have been a jerk about it and been really open, but he was trying to be like koy and quiet and like get out of there.
Speaker 7: These are really good points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enough was the other girl isn't like way more ugly or way more hotter than she is. I think it'll be fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Texas and some pictures of these girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like there's a weird thing if you're like on either spectrum for some reason.
Speaker 4: We'll work on that and in the meantime we'll come back and we will call Leanne for you and try to convince her to give you another chance. With your second date update right.
Speaker 5: After this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 11: Out of all the bars in all the towns in all the world, our listener Will had to pick the worst one because he was on a first date with a woman and another girl that he'd been chatting with on the dating apps just happened to walk.
Speaker 1: In, Oh sit right next to him.
Speaker 4: So what do you do? He decided to introduce the two of them to each other.
Speaker 1: They had already made eye contact. Jeff, there was no way back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't hide at that point. And Leanne, the girl that we're about to call here today, is not texting Will back after that awkward bar encounter. I am no curious, Will. What about that other girl that you were with? Where are you at with her? Is that still on the table? Well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, totally still on the table. I'm just kind of.
Speaker 1: How do I put this shopping around?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Kind of waiting to see what Leanne says. So, I don't know. My mom always raised me. You know, a bird in the hand is worth to in the bush, right, God.
Speaker 1: Means keep one on the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know, yeah, exactly, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, but we're not going to say those things while Leanne is on.
Speaker 1: The phone and bushes. Yes, of course we.
Speaker 4: Should bring up the awkward encounter, but we'll try and lightly gloss over.
Speaker 1: And he's putting more effort into this date with Leanne obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, yes, yes, we have a game plan. Let's call her. We'll see if she picks up here we go, Hello, Hey is this Leanne? Hey, Leanne, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Helean Leanne brain freeze.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: My co host is frequently drinking during the show, so.
Speaker 6: That's probably so she gets accents from.
Speaker 4: But just to cut right to it, we're doing a segment here called a Second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners who you've been chatting with online recently, named Will. Okay, but I mean, you're not laugh You're not chatting with him anymore, according.
Speaker 12: To him, definitely not.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to hear your side of this story, because yes, we have heard about kind of an awkward run in that happened between you and him at a bar.
Speaker 4: Oh he was on a date with another woman, super super awkward.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, tell us what I mean from the beginning, you walk into the bar and then what.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was totally shocked because he told me he couldn't.
Speaker 10: Meet up that night because he was busy.
Speaker 9: I mean, he wasn't lying, he was busy, right, you wanted.
Speaker 4: To see but yeah, I mean we understand that you probably didn't feel great about what you saw.
Speaker 9: No, and I mean it was uncomfortable to be sitting there, but it was literally the only seats. And my friend was like, oh, there's two seats at the bar, and she led us over there and I sat down and I looked over and there with Will and I was like at first, like initially kind of thinking, oh, what a coincidence, Maybe he's just here, And then I see there's a girl next to him, and I was like mortified. I thought I was gonna die. Oh no, I don't know. Clearly there was someone more important than me because he was that.
Speaker 1: Kind of sucks. Yeah, I don't think that you should take it personally. I think he was really excited about you. He just already made plans with somebody else.
Speaker 9: I decided I'm not playing that game. I'm bound out.
Speaker 1: You think it's a game, yes, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, if you're dating a ton of people, like, it's not something that you're looking for a real connection. You're just looking for connections, and that's not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: So you're not talking to anyone else.
Speaker 9: No, I was looking to talk to one person, and when I found somebody that I connected with, you know, I don't really talk to anybody else because that's just.
Speaker 7: Not my vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent. Hear what you're saying, And I think I would feel the exact same way as you do if I was in your shoes, Like I feel like I'm getting passed over for somebody who's being chosen ahead of me. But here's the thing. We've actually talked to Will, and he told us how much he was connecting with you, and how excited he was to eventually meet up with you, and how terrible he felt about the situation that happened, Like, is there any possible way that you could see yourself being open to just having a conversation with him about it?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 9: What is there even to talk about? Like we both know what happened.
Speaker 10: I'm surprised he even wants to go this route.
Speaker 1: Why why he's not doing anything wrong? Like what he's doing is more normal, Like he didn't know probably even that you only wanted to talk to him, Like.
Speaker 9: I have definitely said I am not someone who sleeps around. I'm not someone who dates around.
Speaker 1: Okay, but everybody says that, you know, they don't really mean.
Speaker 6: A different dating patterns.
Speaker 4: Morality isn't really the strength of the show.
Speaker 1: So I mean, who has it said? I never do this?
Speaker 4: That's why I think we need to hear what Will has to say in this situation, because he is on the phone right now, listening and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 9: He's on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how the segment works. I think he's there.
Speaker 7: Right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah you heard all that.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to hear it?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 9: That's why I did not respond to him. I didn't really want to talk to him at all.
Speaker 4: He's trying to talk to you now.
Speaker 12: I don't have choice. I have to talk to you whether or not.
Speaker 7: Okay, Leanne, there is there's a look. I just want to say. I am so sorry you felt disrespected. I mean, to be honest with you, I felt terrible the entire time. I mean, like, what are the odds that we would end up at the same exact bar the same night? Crazy? Actually, I think.
Speaker 9: Are pretty good odds, because now that I've talked to the see of my girlfriends about it, apparently this probably would have happened regardless what I mean. I went home that night after the bar, immediately told my friend about what happened, showed her your photo and she goes, oh.
Speaker 10: My god, are you kidding?
Speaker 9: He's been chatting with me about going out too.
Speaker 6: No, what he's just dating a lot.
Speaker 10: Your friend dating the whole city.
Speaker 8: Come on, it's a little weird that you're coming at me for just talking to a lot of girls.
Speaker 7: That's normal, you know.
Speaker 1: But you did you know you were talking to her friends?
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, no, people on their social media.
Speaker 4: Men don't usually go that far. We're just like, are they good looking?
Speaker 1: You got on a date with her best friend already?
Speaker 9: They had planned it, they just haven't done it yet.
Speaker 1: She was on the schedule. Huh.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Will's roster of potential dates is too big for your liking potential dates. I mean hasn't actually gone out with any of these women yet, but just the fact that they're even in the lineup, I mean, if it's.
Speaker 1: Your best friend, that is kind of weird. Yeah, talk for you.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's more than just a best friend. It's an entire apartment building of friends.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Radius on zero points zero one model, I think more than anything. What's your like profile? Tips? Because it sounds like.
Speaker 6: What was your name again?
Speaker 4: I'll just change no, I'm sorry, Well, you you wanted to say something, Go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, listen.
Speaker 8: I understand I may be talking to too many people, but look, you know we hung out, and I promise to drop that number under to under ten to underten.
Speaker 4: Remember, Leanne, we've talked to a lot of guys on this show, and I can say that is a extreme gentleman move right there.
Speaker 7: And the other thing, I can even show you the profiles. They are really like, really good looking women to it, and I would give that off.
Speaker 1: You're gonna show, You're gonna show the ones that you're willing to drop to prove to her. Yeah, not for girls. She should see them.
Speaker 3: Make sure there's no other connections.
Speaker 4: You know. We we're running out of time here. So I got to offer, Leanne, we would like to send you out on an official date with Will.
Speaker 6: We almost make a bunch of money if he's got all these dates.
Speaker 4: We Will doesn't need money because we're going to pay for this date if you agree to it, and he knows a bargain. So there you go. What do you think, Leanne?
Speaker 6: Wills down?
Speaker 7: Come on?
Speaker 1: At this point? All right, Leanne, what is it?
Speaker 9: I just got to say I'm not interested, And I can say my roommate isn't interested either the room.
Speaker 1: The best friend or oh no good. It's clarification either way.
Speaker 4: It's a double no, which we rarely ever get on this show. Two knows from two different people. Well, I'm sorry, seven other options have seven hundred other options, so there's more than good luck whittling it down, buddy.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Will All right, in all fairness, Look, I'm bummed Leanne are you?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're gonna be bummed for about five minutes until you.
Speaker 13: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Dating really has changed a lot.
Speaker 1: I thought she would be like such a stickler, you know, like I was like, oh, come on, And then the more he talked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just.
Speaker 6: Like there's gotta be a middle ground. Yeah, a few people.
Speaker 4: It feels like he's talking to probably like fifty sixty win all at once, maybe more. I mean that's like Leonardo DiCaprio dating Rose and everybody else on the Tight Time all at the same time. Yeah, he's got girlfriends in first class and second class all the way down in the boiler room.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we should have picked a girlfriend that was on a boat, for God's sake, picked the one on the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get them away from each other anyway, make sure you listen to our podcast. I know it didn't work out for us here, but we are actually pretty decent at getting these second dates. Yeah, so you can hear all of them and make sure to slide into Jose's DMS if you have a second If you want a good time, please do.
Speaker 6: I'll show you a great time before.
Speaker 1: I mean, Will's got extras.
Speaker 13: Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I know we have a lot of male listeners out there, and for all the ones who are single, you're about to learn a new pickup strategy upsorts, but one that actually works. It's creative, it's different, and when I say it works, I mean it worked one time on one Oh and.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing the person that tried to use it is on the phone with us.
Speaker 4: Yes, the guy bare had to say anything. Though, Ladies, you should know after this segment airs, there's probably gonna be hundreds of dudes doing the exact same thing to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't even mean it in a bad way.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear it in your second date update right after.
Speaker 5: This Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 4: I know nowadays people like to make fun of pickup lines, but the big question is do they still work?
Speaker 6: I meant it depends, man.
Speaker 4: If it's clever enough and well thought out, and it makes the other person chuckle a little bit, then why not try it?
Speaker 1: I was on one on the text line for Alexis the other day and it was and it said, are you from France? Because madamn you fine, madam Joe person and to know, yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 4: The truth is some of the pickup lines are more effective than others. It's really comes down to the creativity of some individuals. And one very creative guy is on the phone with us right now. We're used a pickup line.
Speaker 1: If he uses that shrimp cocktail line, hang up, hang up on it.
Speaker 4: Let's find out his name is Kyle Kyle walking to the show.
Speaker 12: Many thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kyle, in your email, you said that you tried out a new pickup line on a girl. Tell us about how that went.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm kind of proud of it, are you.
Speaker 2: I'm at this bar with your buddies of mind, and you know, I noticed a really cute girl hanging out.
Speaker 12: You sort of had my eyes a little while ago. We made eye contact a couple of times, but she was also dancing with her girlfriends the whole night.
Speaker 2: Anyway, at certain point, I decided I was going to head home because I was tired and I was hungry.
Speaker 4: Okay, so wait, okay, when do you talk to her?
Speaker 2: But I pulled up uber each because I actually.
Speaker 12: Live right by the bar. Okay, okay, I'm going to order food now for delivery to be delivered to my house.
Speaker 14: Okay, but that's when I was like, you know what, I'm going to try my move.
Speaker 4: Okay, on your way out.
Speaker 1: That's good. Well the tequila hid also finally, yeah, he was Yeah, So.
Speaker 14: I put my order in and then I turned my phone scream to her and I say, what do you want to eat?
Speaker 6: Yep? Nice bro, so smart.
Speaker 4: I actually kind of like that.
Speaker 1: I like it, but I think the food's cating delivered to me at the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't think I invite to your house.
Speaker 1: Well, and you have to pay for the whole group. Then, yeah, gets the order, right? Are you just letting her order?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What was the reaction?
Speaker 12: Well, her friends are actually still dancing at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's just you because that is a risky one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 13: Uber.
Speaker 4: What did she do?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 12: She's my name, and I learned her name it Jennifer. And then she grabs the phone and she starts scrawling through the food.
Speaker 1: The way to any woman's heart is super stomach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you got to get her on the hook. Now she's on Yeah.
Speaker 12: And then I tell her, I say, if you want it, it's being delivered to.
Speaker 14: My place, so you'll have to come walk with me to grab.
Speaker 4: It, because she can go, whoa, I'm not going to your place, and then you can simply go, oh, I'm sorry, I'll change the address to hear.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is really risky for a woman to go back to somebody's place with a guy.
Speaker 3: They've never offered a kid candy, but she tenders to a drunk girl at a bar.
Speaker 4: Now I know where I've seen this before. It was on three different Netflix crimes kill her.
Speaker 12: Well, so that's the thing, you're right. I mean, she was a little bit hesitant, but.
Speaker 4: The chicken tenders are on the line, so what is she going to say?
Speaker 12: Exactly?
Speaker 14: She was like, wow, you're forward, and I said no, I'm just hungry.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 12: But that's when she started like interviewing me.
Speaker 2: Like I remember she said to me, like, okay, but you're not a murderer.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh yeah, because MS always tell you right up front.
Speaker 6: They yeah, there's an oath we take.
Speaker 1: I am good question.
Speaker 4: You have a good one, lady, darn fair.
Speaker 12: You know next thing, I no one walking home to the bar.
Speaker 4: You did it?
Speaker 1: Worried about this girl's decisions. But yes, yes, I mean you sound like a really nice guy. So it worked out this time. That's why she's not calling you back. Someone else lured her in with chicken strips.
Speaker 4: Chicken strips at every door. Okay, how did the walk home go?
Speaker 12: It was great. We were talking, she was really chill. We were connecting and we made.
Speaker 7: Each other to laugh.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome.
Speaker 8: So good.
Speaker 14: But anyway, we get to my plate and bas guy is there with her. Yeah, every timing, and we sit on the front porch and we ate our meal together.
Speaker 6: That's actually good.
Speaker 4: I'm sure pressure to go in or yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought about inviting her inside, but I don't know, I figured it would be kind of a sleazy move or something, and she totally honestly like, I actually was hungry and tired.
Speaker 6: All right, I've actually been there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I kind of hope nothing happens here because I'm exhausting. How did you guys leave it at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: So she thanked me and we hugged and I called her an Uber to come pick her up and take her home.
Speaker 12: And that was that.
Speaker 2: No kiss, no, no, no, there was no kiss, but it was really.
Speaker 12: I don't know, it was sweet.
Speaker 2: And that was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: And you haven't heard from her at all.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I've heard from her a little bit, but it's kind of she's not responding that much.
Speaker 12: She's like a few words here and there, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting. Can you get a read on, like anything that gives you a guess into what's going on?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm probably not the world's.
Speaker 12: Best flicking guy.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like she saw me under the lights when we got back to my apartment.
Speaker 1: She just wanted a meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girls will talk to a creepy I for thirty minutes for a free vodka kran.
Speaker 4: They will marry a guy for ten years. So let's figure this out. We have a little bit of time to kill before we reach out to Jennifer. So how about you put it in uber eats order for all of us here, I'll take a cheeseburger, Alexis, what do you want chick chicken tenders?
Speaker 6: Brooks?
Speaker 1: Okay, do we have fried pickles on the menu?
Speaker 4: Okay? Now, now the order is getting too big and you're getting really specific with the stuff.
Speaker 6: Get a salad?
Speaker 1: That too much?
Speaker 4: You forget it? Okay, just get the cheeseburger. We'll come back. We'll do your second date update right after this sign.
Speaker 5: A rich Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date Updates.
Speaker 4: Did we just hear the pickup line of the year.
Speaker 1: It's pretty amazing. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: We definitely have a contender because our listener Kyle went out to a bar recently, went up to a very pretty woman, just handed her his phone with the uber eat sapp up and said, what do you want to order?
Speaker 1: Was even more amazing is he got her to leave with him while her girlfriends were still at the bar. That is like an impossible feat.
Speaker 4: That's right. She was skeptical, but next thing you know, she was eating chicken tenders with him on his front porch at his place. That is a success. It's one win, and we want to double it up today. Let's go for two. Two victories. With this girl. Are you with me, Kyle?
Speaker 12: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kyle, You're not going to lead the revolution. I don't fake that kind of excitement.
Speaker 12: I don't want to lead the revolution. I just one another date.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, we'll charge in for you. My cheeseburger hasn't arrived yet, though, so I am getting a little bit irritated, a little angry, and I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: In this building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's hard. If we have to pause mid just any e t a on that uber eat Okay, we hear a knock.
Speaker 6: At the studio door. We all need to pause.
Speaker 4: All right, this is important, But first let's dial Jennifer. We'll see if she answers and try and get you another date. But here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Jennifer. Yeah, Hey, we're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jennifer bringing the world together One Chicken strip time.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our tagline is not your typical morning show, but that's Brook's personal tagline.
Speaker 1: Hey, heal in the world, jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So how you doing.
Speaker 10: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Probably confused.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we get that reaction a lot, but we're doing a segment with you. Here it's called second Date Update.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And we're reaching out because one of our listeners has asked us to get a hold of you, a guy named Kyle.
Speaker 1: Oh do you remember Kyle.
Speaker 4: You guys hung out the other night at like, at a bar.
Speaker 1: I think it was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago, you went home and had some chicken tenders with him on his front porch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so maybe someone was more drunk than.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, do you remember eating chicken strips?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I remember.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: Well, it was a very memorable night for Kyle, and he told us all about it. We're just trying to hopefully pry into your brain a little bit and see how you felt about it. Oh well, particularly, what would really help is if there was anything that went wrong for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a reason why you're not interested in him.
Speaker 4: Because he's been trying to get a hold of you for the last two weeks. He said he's been having a hard time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I guess the only bad thing that happened was it was kind of rude and weird of him to eat some of my food that I ordered, like I know he was offering.
Speaker 4: But wait, we don't know that part of the story. All we heard is that he ordered something and he let you order chicken tenders, and you went back to his place and you ate him.
Speaker 10: No, but he missed the part where when we got the food, he was like, let's put the food down in the middle of the steps, like family style. And I didn't really want any of what he ordered for himself, so he he ended up eating all of his food and basically half of mine.
Speaker 1: And you didn't want to share your chicken tenders. I mean, that's just a really share terrible meal. I understand why he would assume that it's a shared plate.
Speaker 10: Well, that wasn't my expectation. He just kind of said, whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes on dates, gentlemen like to taste the women's food to make sure it's not poisoned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, it could have been protecting you.
Speaker 10: I don't think that that's the reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think it's just like you guys have two different styles, right, you just met. You don't know, like some people love to share food, some people don't.
Speaker 6: I don't ever care.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if you would have told them, then he would have been like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Did you let him know?
Speaker 10: No, but there was another issue that bothered me too.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, besides the family style meal.
Speaker 6: Let me guess you took a sip of your water.
Speaker 1: So what was it?
Speaker 10: I mean, he kept talking about how he's not into the casual dating scene and he wants to have something really serious and wants to find his soulmate. Meanwhile, he has ranch dressing over his face.
Speaker 6: A drunken like club night. That's not the deep talk. He probably thought it.
Speaker 1: He said he wasn't drunk, said he wasn't that drunk drunk as he usually.
Speaker 4: Dude, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry that ranch dressing in the corner of people's mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh god, okay, so was a little turned off. Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You know, that's just one moment. Like, at least he's a guy who wasn't looking for a one night stand exactly.
Speaker 4: So forget about that moment and let's focus on a happier moment, this one where I tell you that he's on the other line quietly listening in on this conversation. That's a nice moment.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't say anything that bad.
Speaker 4: You know you're fine, Kyle? Are you there?
Speaker 12: I'm here?
Speaker 14: What up?
Speaker 4: Man? Hey, Kyle, I feel it. Talk to Jennifer.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I kind of can't believe that you feel this way. And you didn't say no when I asked if we could share.
Speaker 4: Oh you did ask.
Speaker 10: I mean, what was I supposed to say? You were the one who ordered the food.
Speaker 6: I kind of see her point, though it feels rude to say no, you can't have any of the thing you paid for.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't have been polite, and you just kept eating the food like you kept eating more and more.
Speaker 1: I see both sides on this because when my husband takes some of my fries, he takes like a whole handful. I'm like, just eat it one at a time. You're giving me anxiety and it's all gonna be gone. Yeah, you gotta read the room.
Speaker 3: If they're not touching your side food, that's your Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, Kyle, I understand that you paid for it, but can you see where she is coming from how it bothered her.
Speaker 12: I don't know. I thought you were giving me the green light. You were smiling at me. You eat like a bird.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I eat like a bird because you had all the food.
Speaker 4: Crumbs left.
Speaker 1: Hey, you don't want to put your hand in a hungry tiger's cage.
Speaker 14: You know, the reason why you didn't call me back and why you wouldn't really answer my messages is because you saw that I only tipped the dollar.
Speaker 4: What Why would you only tip a dollar fifty on the receipt for the Uber eats.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we met the Uber eats guy. He was waiting for us there and then and then he was looking at me weird and anyway, I tipped him a dollar.
Speaker 1: Did you see that, Jennifer? Because he didn't tell us about that.
Speaker 10: I had no idea until right now.
Speaker 6: Order depends you.
Speaker 1: Is it an accident that only one dollar thing?
Speaker 6: No, you explained, remember you look at him funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's all it took.
Speaker 1: The driver waited for you with the food.
Speaker 4: Too, probably expecting a bump and tip afterwards.
Speaker 14: I didn't order to have a food A dollar is like it's like almost ten percent.
Speaker 1: Anyway, dude, two orders out of Uber eats, no matter where are you get is at least thirty Yeah, four thousand dollars? Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not looking great for you right now. That's just my opinion. But uh, who knows, Maybe bad tipping could be a turn on to Jennifer. Jennifer who good with his money? What do you think about someone who likes to save?
Speaker 10: It's definitely not a turn on.
Speaker 13: I can tell you that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kyle, I mean, as do you have any last words here before I ask the question?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean I didn't murder you on the way home like you thought I was going to.
Speaker 4: He deserves that's something. And look, Jennifer, with the grace of not being killed that night, I'm going to ask you if you would like to go out with Kyle one more time.
Speaker 1: That's how low the bar is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, promises not to murder you the second date.
Speaker 4: He's a good guy. I'm not even going to offer to pay for the tip on your date. Yeah, yeah, I'm not going to. Kyle is generously going to cover with with one whole dollar if you'll agree. Maybe if you agree to see him one.
Speaker 10: More time, I couldn't be the least amount of attracted to another human being like him, Like I just can't.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, I think that's Jeff.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we're gonna read between the lines, yeah and say that's a negatory.
Speaker 12: I've got my where he's open right now?
Speaker 7: Are you sure?
Speaker 12: Because you can order something whatever you want.
Speaker 10: Kyle, you'll probably eat half of it anyway.
Speaker 1: It's not wrong.
Speaker 4: At Kyle, my cheeseburger has still not arrived yet. Are you eating it right now?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's because he's been blackballed from the app because of his tippy and.
Speaker 13: Damn it, Kyle brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going down my checklist here eats half of everyone's meal, has ranch dripping from the corners of his mouth while talking about finding a soulmate tis one dollar or less on food deliveries. That part's not funny, and refuses to murder on a first date. Why are we unsuccessful? Shocking and won't murder you totally. I'm blaming the room on this one for not pulling through and getting another date. Should have been a layup with this.
Speaker 1: Guy, I say, out of all of them, you weren't on his side as much as I thought you'd be. You know, I thought you'd stand up for the more you told him in the middle like this is going south.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't appreciate when I'm not the cheapest guy in the room. That's my role and he was trying to steal that from me. So not cool, Kyle, not to mention my cheeseburger never arrived, like I.
Speaker 1: Said, so there's no way he's getting any orders ever.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't forgive, but a lot of people don't know this. Our entire show, by the way, and all of our second dates are up available on YouTube. If you want to listen, go there, search Brooke and Jeffrey, and somebody order me a damn cheeseburger because you won't.
Speaker 1: Order it yourself. This is just like when I get us lunch every day.
Speaker 6: Where's my burger?