Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camil Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello Call It crew, and welcome to another episode of Call It What It Is. Jessica, what are we diving into today? We're diving in to a pool of X X? What kind of X have you? What's the past tense of dive? Divin have you doven? There's a lot of pools of X out there.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people who do things that just don't sit right with us, and uh, they're all different and some things rub us in different ways. Sometimes some things don't rub us at all, sometimes us too much, too much. This got bought up.
Speaker 2: This has got initially talked about on the pod because we were talking about our dating experiences and I was talking about someone that I dated pulling up in a convertible and it's and it was an ick.
Speaker 1: For me at the time.
Speaker 2: It felt super showy, and so it kind of spurred on this whole conversation of we need to dedicate a whole episode to just plain old IX.
Speaker 1: We all have grosses you out? What does someone do that turns you off? Yeah, it makes you want to vomb all over your sit Yeah, opposite of a turn on is a turn off. And you guys came the balls through. Oh my gosh, they brought it. God, I brought it. We are God like these people in the world, Like, what is it? We don't even have to work. We just you guys do the work for us.
Speaker 2: You guys, the submissions today are absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: Well, and I agree with some of these.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we'll get into it, but some of these I definitely definitely agree with. One of them is just so weird to me. Anyway, Well, we're going to get into it. But before we do it, Jessica, if you're in a dating scenario, do you know off the top of your head, what like a standout.
Speaker 1: Ick is for you? Well, Comella, you pointed this out before that. My younger years were in the eighteen hundreds and so a long time ago would be me. You know, me, me, me remembering dating? It was hard? Was the Black Death? Just pull the cobwebs away? Well, pardon me, did I miss an insult? Was the Black Death a turn off? The plague not as bad as the beyond itic eubonic plague? That was a turnoff back. It was a turnof it was dirt. It's yeah, ikey like death ichy, not even like gross. Yeah, they were dead. They were just flat out deads It was a little bit. Okay, So back in my yesteryear when I dated, yes, there were definitely things. And you know what, I do think it's worth saying this because I you know, when we get these incredible submissions, we don't have an age attached, so I don't know how old some of these people are, but I definitely feel that I was way more judgmental and had a longer list of X when I was younger.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you're not out on the dating scene right now, so maybe if you were forced to be, you would be icked out. We've been Yeah, we've been shelved, We've been married shelved, and so we the X are like, you know, it is what it is. We have a ring on our finger, it is what it is, and we got to just swallow that.
Speaker 1: Eck, if we were out, if me and you were out on the town, yes, they're not wrong. I think my IX would come back. Well, all I know is that when I was dating, I had things that were just like non starters, and so some of the things that people wrote in I absolutely are on my itch list. It would not even be I mean my answer to their their query is hard no, like there, it would just it would just stop the date. It would stop the date. I would truly like excuse myself to the bathroom and maybe put a phone a friend. I gotta get picked up. You got to join us. Well, for me, if someone was like very boastful on a date or arrogant, know it all, arrogant, know it all, man splaining done yeah, no, done, done and done. Yeah. I was pretty definitive about when it was like, yeah, it was not. I didn't There was no three strikes rule. There was one strike. Bye, you could smell a strike. You get a whiff of a strike and you're you're you're ubering home. Yeah, well there was no uber No, we're taxiing home, We're going to the bar. We need to like.
Speaker 2: Our flip flown Motorola's No, we're we're like no, I mean yes, back in the day, no dating apps, you didn't know what you were getting into. There was no profile for you to really right, Okay, the person's coming, they're in an ed hardy shirt. That's an instant motorola. Flip call a cab. I'm sorry. Just flip that bad boy right open. I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Flip it closed. Let's close. Clap that thing closed. Clapp Yeah you're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like there are also certain tattoos that are like, I do love a tattoo, but if it's kind of like almost that flamey tattoo kind of look, do you know what I'm talking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean I think like between the Ed Hardy reference and a flamey tattoo, there's a certain guy I'm imagining this is a no go for you. Yeah, yeah, that is a no go. We can get into what our x are at the front of this, so we can do that. I can tell you what my ex are, or we can wait.
Speaker 2: I think that you should say what some of yours are and then we'll get into the cruise and we can talk.
Speaker 1: That'll okay, you know, okay, spur some more for us. Well, I mean I can tell you that for me, the arrogant or the know it all is a no go, a really big one that obviously you'd have to get a little deeper into the into the pool, into the relationship to know if this was going to happen, but not flushing the toilet. I really find that gross. Guys who don't flush the.
Speaker 2: Toilet thick, Yeah, that's gross. When people are rude, yeah, I mean that standard. No one's like, god, I'm really turned on by this.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Some people find because some people that are rude are perceived of as powerful and some people like that, and I'm no, if you're rude and in consider of other people, I have take it back. Yeah, that's some people are into that. Yeah. I think that something that would detail onto that or be in that in that in that wheelhouse, would be if people were confrontational or like wanting to get into fights. I dated a couple of those where I'm like, what the is happening? Why are you yelling at that person for being in like your pathway when it's a public walkway, Like, what is happening? Okay? Yeah, So another one I feel like there's I think you can you could definitely groop mine together. When people are super loud attention seekers, like in a big group, when they're like them or they're like I mean, I guess it's a little bit that bro culture. You just like the the like hard like I love guys who've got, you know, a brotherhood and a nice you know, friendship circle. But I'm the bro thing.
Speaker 3: Not for me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. In fact, if they have, if they were like, oh, I've got.
Speaker 2: A man cave that my I would instantly turned off by someone has a man cave.
Speaker 1: No yeah, no, no, no, no, no no no. I Also, I don't like when people are critical overly, so it's kind of icky, like when people are pointing out other people's flaws. I'm like, you don't have to do that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to say your icks so far, though, I feel like are pretty standard. You're like, I don't like it when someone's mean and they make fun of people. Like no, dude, like, I need you to get I need you to dig deep in your ix.
Speaker 1: I need you need to be more specific, I said, not flushing the toilet. I know that was a good one.
Speaker 2: I think that Like, if you look like you've spent hours on your hair.
Speaker 1: Oh kind of problem. I agree. I agree. If there's any kind of round brush or blow dryer involving your hair, Luke, I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't if I can see my own reflection in your hair because the amount of gel machine. It's not if it's shining, that's not going to lead to another date.
Speaker 1: No, no, no oh.
Speaker 2: I also like, I also do not like the presumptuous man, the man that's kind of like you're welcome, like this is going further, Like I want you to like be on your toes, like I still do this to Matt.
Speaker 1: Matt's like, hey, you want to go on a date to night, And I'm like, I don't know. I'll see how I feel, you know what I mean? Like I like people with toes a little bit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, call me later. I don't know. It's not a foregone conclusion. Where you're sleeping, yeah yeah, yeah, where you sleeping? I don't know, left, right side, We'll see. I do. I like a little bit of mysteries still, So no, I don't like. I don't like not to presume I'm coming to bed. Yeah, maybe on the couch. That just sounds like the bedrock of a stable relationship you're talking about it does it? Does? I like to make him feel completely unstable. My girls have a lot of ick things they do. Do they think that they I think that they think again, I don't know if I've talked about this before, but there was a moment where I actually I feel that Jerry Maguire and The Notebook are required watching for We talked about this, but they were not into it. Yeah, they thought it was totally cringe, like, ew, why would he do that? And You're like, that's the most romantic thing that anyone's ever done in the history of doing things on film, And they're like, oh, gross, wow. And then it'll be like things where there, I'll say why and I'll be like, because it looks like you cares so much. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh see, this is why things changed. Because they they want a little they want they want some hard to.
Speaker 1: Get talk about mystery, talk about mystery, talk about a challenge. Yeah. Yeah, but you know, I've heard. I was actually in a I was in a pitch meeting one time and I was pitching a romantic comedy and one of the executives that was really young, like like maybe they were just like letting her sit in on the meeting, young or new. I guess we were talking about. Part of the pitch was about how this couple meets and they meet on the street, and I'm I'm like, you know, giving the story but why. And I get to the part where they're meeting on the street and she's like, ew wait what Yeah? I was like what she goes, oh, oh, I would never trust someone that I met on the street, and like this. The lead up to the story was actually like everybody was bona fide like it was like meant it wasn't it was a feel good rom call. It was like you like you could depend on it. It was like a bright and sunny, shiny world, right. And she was like, no, I would never because I would. I only trust people that I data I meet on dating apps. I mean, well for me, I'm like you dating apps right, like you dating talk about I know, I know I used to go. Uh my sister was on one of those at one point a long time ago, and I remember looking through them and I was like, how many guys are going to talk about how like their perfect date is like margs and guac Like, why is that a thing? Fy A total sidebar. I'm just saying that for some reason, all people on all dating sites riyah hinge, all of them. You know what if they wrote, can I tell you I just got an ic if.
Speaker 2: You write margs and guawk, Yeah, that verbiage.
Speaker 1: I don't like the guawk. I'm not the marks. I'm okay with, but the guawk is annoying to me. I don't know that I like margs either in this In this application, you're a grown man, Marxie. Yeah, yeah, swipe or swiping? Oh well, you're gonna to swipe a lot. I'm telling you. It's a popular answer. Oh no, no, no, I'm not swiping left on that. Yeah. No. Anyways, Okay, Well, there are people who have called in and then they have written in, and I gotta say thank you, thank you. Think you think you get into it? Are you ready? Let's go? Yeah? Yeah, okay, why don't you start and then I'll do the next one? Okay. Domenica wrote in and said when he double texts after a few hours, I am busy, chill. I don't know if that's ick for me. I mean, also, just because they text doesn't mean that I need to answer right away. Oh the number two? Like people have different levels of busy. Maybe true, but is it early on? I feel like if it's in the.
Speaker 2: First like three weeks and you're doing it tax and then another text, especially if it's a follow up, like hey, you.
Speaker 1: Want to go out tonight? Hey, do you want to go out tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah? Okay, all right, but not it's not a hugeic for me either. Okay.
Speaker 2: Laura said when they bend over and their butt crack shows, pull up your damn pants if you're an adult, No one's into that.
Speaker 1: It's just sloppy. Yeah, that's sloppy. You could, but I would put that in my eck bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think, but that's what I'm saying. I think it's in everyone's buckets, right. No one's like, ooh ass crack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's Kimilla is really really holding the line here about what would be in everyone's as opposed to specific to you. I think, well, I think they were just generalized, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean if someone was like, they farted on my arm, no one's like, hmm, let me think about it, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, Okay. Amelia wrote in and she said an ick for her is having a velcrow wallet. See I like this because this is really specific. Can you tell me what a bellcrow wallet. I'm assuming it's a wallet that's like not a zip. It's like you have to bell crow it open. Oh okay, you know what now I'm picturing it. At first, I was like, it's bell crow. Does it stick to something else? No, it's it's how it's fastened, it's how it's fat. That's what I'm assuming. That's what I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's what it is. And I actually really like this because this is what.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm talking about. This feels specific to me, not my ick.
Speaker 1: It is a little like that's Amelia. That's Amelia specific ick. If someone whipped that out to pay for the date, would you be into that? The bell crow? The sound of the bell crow? Well, now thanks to her?
Speaker 2: No, no, now for me, it's a turn off too. Amelia's made I turn off. Okay, Elidie said, when they are rude to the weight staff or server, Oh, it's over irredeemable. No, no, not even bye goodbye, not even I don't want to dessert. I don't even want the main course. If we're appetite, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's definitely and there's an emergency at how am I gotta get back to I'm interested to see what you say about the next one. Okay, Rebecca, I wrote in and she said that what it gives her the X are two words baby talk. This has never happened to me, and I'm very grateful. No one has ever given me do you do? Baby? Ever? Never is anyone giving you the baby voice you're thinking, I'm really thinking about it. I feel like if they haven't, I can imagine one X I would die. I think I had laugh, I would laugh, and we're not together anymore. So that's I mean, okay, but by the yes, that is a full blown neck if you baby, I don't need the baby voice.
Speaker 2: No, Angela said, when they are constantly adjusting themselves and touching their.
Speaker 1: Crotch constantly, I mean constantly, is the problem like a little shift? Okay? Fine? Mm. I mean I feel like there's something that sometimes is necessary about that. In the anatomy, I do believe that there are there are some constant crotch adjusters out there. Oh I know there are. I know some of them, and it's very distracting. Then it's an nick. Yeah it's a nick. Okay, Yeah, No, that's a nick. Okay, this one. I'm Laney. I just I already love you. Laney said that her ICs were picturing them standing naked waiting for the shower to warm up, if they sleep talk and if they send me memes that aren't funny. Oh Laney, Oh, I love it picturing them standing naked waiting for the shower to warm up. Not like actually watching them.
Speaker 2: But like, you know, what's so funny is I can kind of see why that could be a nick with somebody, right, because it's there. I could see if you're like, ooh, I could get an ooh from that from certain people. Don't you think because they're not in like a situation, they're just waiting for the shower to be.
Speaker 1: Just naked standing there. Yeah, I can see that that's just annoying or it can be a way. Yeah, and the unfunny memes, I think you're just not on the same page as that person. Yeah, yeah, that's a goodbye. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The shower thing is really interesting to me. That's a good one. It's because this is what I'm talking about when you get really specific and it's like a very that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not sure that I've ever seen that. I don't know that I've ever know that I've ever had a boyfriend who was just waiting their turn in the waiting Room's sure You've never seen someone just waiting for a shower to get warm. No, you're such a little liar. I'm not. You've never seen Christopher waiting like, turn on the shower naked and wait for him to go in the shower. No, he just goes in to cold water. Not even a little hand test. It's a little cry over Christopher before he gets in every more. Yeah, yeah, I mean he's yeah, he's self conscious. That makes sense. The rest of us are waiting for it to get to a good temperature. Okay, okay, well then I've never seen anyone wait, Camille said, when they talk with their mouthful and get food all over the place. Immediate dick. We talked about this, agreed total agreement. Okay, So Francesca said, too much talking when we're having sex stop? Yeah, I yes, that is not so much. Also, like when someone's talking so much, you like it sort of feels like it requires some talk back. Yay. Yeah, you're like yeah, if that's not your jam, then you're like ah, and you're just like ck stop, like just stop with the talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then it's hard because you're like in the middle of sex, and then what are you going to do? Be like, hey, just can we just have a conversation about just the talking, shutting up, shutting the up immediately really during this amazing moment, I really like you to shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, that's done. Feels a little yeah no, But maybe I think maybe you need a little tea if you're into them. I think maybe you just need a little team meeting after after that. I mean that's because that that could be redeemed, that could be coached, right, And I think that I always think that it's nice to go into moments like that with a compliment like let it, let the event pass, and then maybe a little later you've got you know, you do a little round up. I just love that story you told gen sex. But can we Yeah, you're cozy on the couch, you're snuggling or whatever, and you give like a really big compliment like something they did really really great, and then you swiftly follow it with a you know what, I you know what.
Speaker 2: I like you shutting up.
Speaker 3: I like you shutting up.
Speaker 1: Take that exact advice. Do you like dirty talk because I like you to shut them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like specifically yeah, and if you have a baby talk it out, baby talk it too. Could you just like please, yeah, yeah, that's when you could whip out the baby talk. Guess soften a little bit, soften it a little bit. Yeah, have a compliment and then a is what I would say for that. Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Me've said when they are flirting, viattacks and they don't know the difference between there there and there.
Speaker 1: I'm with you and your and your This is hard because like some people no no, no, no, no no, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: I Some people have dyslexian things like that that makes it hard for them to spell.
Speaker 1: However, if it's confusing, Google is right there. That's the only thing. I feel shamed. You feel stupid?
Speaker 2: I don't, no, but I would feel like, yes I would. Yes, it's not my favorite Travis Kelcey. I felt like, just got in trouble for this, not in trouble, but people made fun of for this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well it's actually this isn't an ick. This is a pet peeve for me. Yeah. Yeah, it's like a pet. But I'm like, again, if if there's a reason that you're doing it, then okay, But if there's not, then you're just lazy. Calarine Yeah wrote in and said that it's an ick when he expects you to post him on social media a lot. Interesting, I wonder what I see. What's what's interesting is we Matt is never like, why are not on your grid?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look so I've never had this particular situation.
Speaker 1: It's christer ever like, yeah, but we hold on. We were talking about this early on and there was a there was someone who wrote in and said, I'm not on his grid. Like We've been together ten years and I'm not on his grid. So you know, there's there's clearly a little bit of you need to maybe contract around this one. You need to like come up, you need to figure out, you need to get a little curious. You need to say, hey, when you're dating someone, like what are your expectations? What do you like? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need more information, Catherine. Have you been dating a long time and you're just refusing to put him on the grid?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is Yeah? Is there a reason why he's not on the grid, Catherine. We need to dig deeper on this. Although if it's coming from a place of like you're sort of newly dating and he doesn't understand why.
Speaker 2: We have questions about this one. This is not an it necessarily for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need more info.
Speaker 2: Michelle wrote, when he can't make his own doctor's appointments, order food, I'm assuming, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So he's a big old baby. That is an ick? That is that is an ick? I'm I'm almost like your own person. Yes, super annoying. Agreed, Yes, he said this is the one I was talking about earlier. Yes, he's ick, Yes, he's ick. Is running with a backpack on?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 1: Literally? This is one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love this one. It's not an ick for me. It's not an ick for me?
Speaker 1: Is it for you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think you're thinking about it a little bit. No, it's not, it's not at all. I think it's just it's so specific and it's so funny to me. And once I imagine someone running with a backpack on, I think it's actually more funny. It actually might be an it might be what's the opposite of annick? And in turn on, it's a turn on for you. Oh. Odyssey wrote dirty fingernails, that's the snick for everyone? Ew yeah, I think yeah, that's an eck for sure. Yeah, okay. Jason wrote in and said when she constantly interrupts everyone to talk about herself red flag, less of anick and more of a red flag for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just talking about this at the beginning. When a guy does the same thing, not into it. Also, they're not they don't care about you then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you feel like there's a nervousness factor. Yeah, you know some people when they get nervous, they get a little little me or they don't. They just can't control how much they're talking. So that could be the case with that, that's true. You would know though by a couple of weeks in. I think, yes, if it was, maybe it's alter Yeah, yeah, yep, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Danielle when he licks all five fingers while eating doing a first date ever, not.
Speaker 1: Even a first date, don't ever do Why are you looking all five?
Speaker 2: Maybe one if you need to, like you picked up a halwing right and it's like maybe you.
Speaker 1: Gotta like lick a couple, but like the whole the five I was gonna say, I think there's like truly one allowance for this kind of behavior, this kind of finger licking behavior, and it is at a barbecue place, Like I get it, ycause you're you're not using a fork and knife you can try, but very hard to use a fork and knife to eat you know, some baby back ribs or some hot wings. Yeah, but napkins exist, do you know what I mean? Yeah, you don't have to put them in, you don't, but all five well, I'm envisioning like almost like a methodic, like that's what I'm Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You're taking your going. It is so gross. I agree, it disgusting and I think you'll definitely have dirty fingernails off of that. Ew mm hmmmm. Okay. Messina and said it's a nick for her when he says something weird after having sex. Good bands, good bones? What the does that even mean? If it's British?
Speaker 2: I feel like it could potentially be well, hang on, now I've got to google it. I was gonna say good banter, the bands good hang on, we gotta google it.
Speaker 1: Hang on, it's British. She was from the UK? Is she from the UK?
Speaker 2: Cause this means I feel like good yeah, good bands? Yeah, it's it's banter.
Speaker 1: So I was wrong.
Speaker 2: It's good for good bones, good bones. I'm thinking like you're boner.
Speaker 1: No, he's talk about his boner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm maybe so like I'm assuming he means like you're hot, right, like good bones, like you got a good body. I don't know a TV show came up from like you know, from HG TV good bones.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming either way. I don't even know why, am I. It doesn't matter it they both suck, they're both so icky. Yeah. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no good bands, no good bones. I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that you need to like recall it in on TV when you have like a scene and then we call it a button at the end of a scene right where you like wrap it up with a cute little call.
Speaker 1: I don't think sex needs a button. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: This feels like a button. Okay, okay, okay, okay. Cheryl has a friendship pick. When you go on a trip with your friend and wake up to her having phone sex next to you.
Speaker 1: What what curtis courtesy? Please? I have so many questions. Are you on speaker, like do you have the pods? And no, it doesn't matter, I mean it doesn't that's so gross. That feels like some boundary violations. Yeah that's yeah, that's a boundary violation for sure. Yeah. Yeah, I go to the bathroom. Ew, gross, Just don't do it when your friend's right there. No, no, no, yeah, okay, Oh, I think God pretty sure that this is going back to our baby talk situation. But Maddie wrote in when he instead of sorry, he says, swey what what that's he might be associated God, run stuff like that. Run run. That's a character in a movie. By the way, that's so even a real person like.
Speaker 2: That, saying that, you know how the FBI have like a profile of like what a serial.
Speaker 1: Killer could be.
Speaker 2: That's probably one of that's probably one of the top five characteristics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saying have you totally off topic for a second, but did you see the preview for the new Netflix show that Anna Kendrick Anna or Anna Anna Kendrick an Kendrick uh has where I think she will she starring in it and she directed it, and it's all about having been on the Dating Game and how it was a real life story where one of the guys, Oh, yes, no, I've seen this now I've seen the documentary. Oh, he was literally on the dating game and a serial killer and he was he ended up a stealer, a serial killer, a serial killer. Yeah, And I bet he said, sawy, I bet, he said sowey.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kayley said, well this is we know what generation this is. I'm sorry Kaylee about this. He said skibbety When I gave him a bracelet, I made nope, I'm assuming that you know what skibbity is.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got a skibbity. But it's a nonsense word. It doesn't mean anything. Nobody knows what it means for real. Is Luke right there?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like I like Luke would know skibbey means well, it's less.
Speaker 1: It's actually even a little. That's it would be young for him. It's more than twelve thirteen year old boys. But it's the non sense word and it drives the girls crazy because it's a nonsense word. It doesn't it doesn't mean anything. You can look it upon Urban dictionary. That's not so annoying something that they say to be annoying. Yes, this is a horrible He's just annoying. He's itchy and annoying. So Stephanie says, when they tip poorly at a restaurant, done, I think that I would want to know? Yeah, I think I mean I would. This would be my set if I really was into him. I think if I wasn't that into him, I would be like, no, we're done. But an ick. If I was into him, I think that I would want to know why not that doesn't have the money or is unappreciative, wouldn't do why are you? Why are you being? Why are you tipping so little? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that, like listen, it's a service? Was the kind of service I used to give? Then I understand one just sounded.
Speaker 1: Like a call girl. By the way, have the service serve as I used to give?
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about waiting tables, and it was not a good experience for anyone that I helped. So if this sucks, yeah, I understand it. But if it's a standard dinner, then what are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's weird?
Speaker 2: Okay, Meghan said, when he has a full time job, established career, but still lives at home because he wants Mommy.
Speaker 1: To take care of him, run it to the nth degree. It's not even just an ick. I feel like it's like a red flag. Yeah, it's a non starter. Done, run go.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing when you move out when a boy and maybe I'm going to get the comments all riled up. But I think if a boy like this moves out that attachment, that that situation doesn't end. Mommy darist is still doing the laundry, or she's involved more with the like that. I think it's just it's not as a red flag.
Speaker 1: I think about this as a parent to a young son, and I think about it all the time because I'm like, I'm such an acts of service as like a love language, Like I love doing things for people I love, and that's great, and I don't want that to be taken away from me. But I know when you're doing it for your young son or daughter, I guess, but I think it is a little bit more particular to sons and this application. It's like, are you just creating a monster? Are you just creating an expectation of your mama doing all the stuff? It's so hard.
Speaker 2: It's a catch twenty two because as a as a female navigating the world, we know these boys.
Speaker 1: I don't want to date this boy. Do I want to mommy this boy? Yeah? Does Lucas want to live with me forever?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: That's the big deal. Wee how we look as you're living mommy?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okaynie wrote in when he wears his jeans so skinny you can see every part of his balls. That would be that wouldn't date, wouldn't happen for me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The picture could be from the waist up. You wouldn't know until he walks in. Yeah, oh yeah, if.
Speaker 1: There's not a wide shot in the profile. Oh, then I think I would do like a kickball change and then a moonwalk back out the door. Oh my god, no, I don't. I'm not. I don't like skinny jeans on boys. It's not my I don't like it either. Put it in the ed hardy bucket. But yeah, they don't have to be like even ball tight. It's just tight. I'm not just tight in general.
Speaker 2: I need it to feel like there's an airflow going on in there, you know, circulation. Yeah, okay, Tracy, friendship dick when they pick their significant other over you all the time?
Speaker 1: Yep, not nick, Yeah it is a nick. Sorry it is. I hate this, I know.
Speaker 2: Okay read the last write in because we have an excellent voicemail.
Speaker 1: To get to. All right, So rounding up the right ends, Mollie wrote in when he's getting dressed and puts his top on first and then stands there looking like Winnie the Pooh.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is a great it naked from the waist down, just the T shirt on. This is that's fantastic. I do see how that. I here's the thing. When you've been with someone for a really long time, I think the X kind of go away right, Like your husband could be Winny the poohing and you're like whatever, you know, like who cares. But in the early days of dating, if I had a Winnie the Pooh situation, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be. That's like a phone as soon as you walk out the door. That's like a phone call to a friend being like I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 1: Enough members. We can't do this. I can do this anymore. Can you ever recover from the egg? In the instances, In the instances where I felt that I could, I pointed that out like that there's there gonna be an ick, and then you can get you can get a little effective work and be like, oh, why are you doing that, dick, and then you can find out you could recover. But if it's just an ick that's going on in like forever, no, I can't like no, no, Oh my gosh. I had a boyfriend one time. My girls know this, and I don't know why. They think it's really funny because you know why, because he's in a movie and they always see him and they're like, but I dated this guy who was like. It wasn't even very I don't know, it wasn't even that big of a deal. It was kind of like a hangout situation. But we were boyfriend girlfriend and we went grocery shopping and I'll never forget. We're standing at Trader Joe's. We were in the produce aisle and I was like reaching for something, I don't know, some lettuce or some carrot or something, and he was He came out of nowhere and I felt something like on my stomach as we're a little crop top and he stuck his finger in my belly button ew and was like, oh my god. And I got very serious and I was like, why did you just stick your finger my belly button? And he was like, oh, it's funny. Ew, what are you for done? We did not recover from that. That was done. That was the day it ended. Bye. Literally drove home. I couldn't get home fast off. I was like, bye, how long?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, hang on, I did to know how long you've been dating for before the finger in the belly button?
Speaker 1: Even just hearing you say it, Chris is no, it is gross. I hate it saying it. Yeah, ew, like you'd been on a few days.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming if you're shopping together at Trader Joe's, like it's been a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah know, yeah, we've been dating. Yeah, we've been dating for a minute. I don't know. It was kind of off and on too, but we've been dating for probably around like three or four months. Oh my god, and that's what killed it? Yeah, wow, yeah, dead. I do. I do think that. I'm not sure you can recover from a lot of X.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I don't think some either. Oh my god, you know what. I had to just down and see now they're all going to come flat. Okay, go, this is what I love. Another one actor dating and I was actually super into him. He came over for like a second or third date, and he brought printed out brought eight by ten glossy stills photographs, printed photographs from his last movie to show me, like laid him out on my dining room table up, Jessica, I was like supposed to ask for an autograph too.
Speaker 2: My soul just left, My body got out, and I was.
Speaker 1: Living in this tiny little condo in West Hollywood, and it was like, I mean, and it was a big movie or whatever. He was excited. I get it, but it was so itck.
Speaker 2: You do that with a girlfriend. With a girlfriend, you can one hundred percent do that. You can be like, oh my god, because I'd like these stills. Yeah, on a third or fourth date. Yeah, God, that would have absolutely killed it done.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was. It was the beginning of the end there, don't I was, like I said, I was into him, so I let it go a little was longer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to add a little bit more than to my date with that guy that showed up in the convertible, the actor. Yeah, okay, So there are a couple more icky things about that date. First off, just in general, he I'm assuming he's picking me up to go on like a one on one date. He takes me to this big Hollywood party with so many people there.
Speaker 1: It someone's house on the hills. It's not my vibe, right, Like, and he's like schmoozing, like.
Speaker 2: I can tell that he's maybe I leave you, And he kind of left me in the crowd a few times where I was like just by myself, like I don't want I don't care, Like I don't care.
Speaker 1: That it's a lot of blue Blah's house, Like who cares? Like I don't care about these people? Can we just go to dinner? Then we went to go see a show. Cause I'm getting so specific, he'll definitely know it's happened. We went to a show and he was like, I want to take this is the same night, Like I want to take you to the show to like see this band. Fine, I'll go. Never had dinner.
Speaker 2: Went to this show and he could sing really well, and he sung louder than the band, and it was very like I'm not getting in the crowd. The lead singer was overtaken by his voice, and I was like I wanted to crawl into a hole. I was like, oh my god, you want everyone to know that you're an amazing singer.
Speaker 1: You're hungry because he hasn't there's been no food on this day. You've already been to a Hollywood party, and now he's.
Speaker 2: It was just so many vocal yo these actors. Oh god, anyway, I mean the story is that we can I mean I can't tell some of the stories. But okay, let's play this voicemail.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: I call it crew. So I'm also going to put this in the comments. But I needed to leave a voicemail because I feel so passionately about this topic.
Speaker 1: The ick.
Speaker 3: I too very easily get the ick, and so I need to know that I am not alone in this. I need to know am I toxic? Or is this normal? Okay? Number one ick when a guy only has selfies on his social media, that's.
Speaker 1: Weird behavior, agreed.
Speaker 3: Number two when they try to make everything, every every normal conversation into something sexual like oh yeah, about to take a shower? Oh without me like the GTFO. Number three just overall like rude in thinking that they're better than everyone around them, talking about how much money they have and just trying to flex all the time. Absolutely not Number four and oh I feel so passionately about this one. Too much talking during you know time, like sir, I did not sign up for this survey, please dot talking. And then number five when every single girlfriend everyone they've ever dated was obsessed with them in crazy because I'm just I'm calling fake news on that one. So yeah, those are just a couple. Love the show, love the podcast. You ladies are doing fantastic, So thanks, love you.
Speaker 1: Oh I love her. I love how passionate she is, and I love how specific she is, and I agree with all of her ex What was the last one? Again, The last one was when they think that all their ex girlfriends were obsessed with them and that they and we're totally crazy. I think how someone speaks about their axes is very important, because, I mean, chances are you'll be one one day, right, Like the numbers are not so the odds are not in your favor. For no, not really, I do.
Speaker 2: I definitely think it's a red flag when someone refers to all of their exes as crazy. I just think that it's like this throwaway it actually it's not even an ick.
Speaker 1: It just drives me crazy. I think it's just this very easy way.
Speaker 2: To dismiss an X as being like, oh she was crazy, and it's like, well, no doubt, did you do?
Speaker 1: My question is always like what did you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, for sure, it's sort of It definitely really means that they're crazy. Yeah, yeah, I feel that. I feel that, Oh my gosh, well this could go on forever, because there really are so many different ways that we as human beings can annoy each other and tick each other out. So we've shared some of ours, you've shared some of yours. I'm feeling that there might be more out there in the world. Hit us in the comments. Please keep it coming, Yeah, keep them coming.
Speaker 2: They're so funny, and I like them because they're giving me more reasons to have a HICs.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yes, exactly, just a little more critical, critical, critical thoughts out in there in the world. All Right, I love you, and I love this and I love our crew, and I'm very very thankful for all of this incredible material. So thank you for making the show. And I think that it's now time to call it the end, the end of the episode.