Speaker 1: In the USA yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo Jess, hilarious. Good morning, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: To God, Peace to the planet.
Speaker 1: Is Monday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, how y'all feel out there?
Speaker 3: I feel blessed black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Good morning, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Good morning? How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: Jess?
Speaker 1: What you do this week? And it was off?
Speaker 5: Yes, I was off, but I'm still always on, very much doing business every day.
Speaker 6: But me and my.
Speaker 5: Kids we call it pumpkins. This Marley is too young to do it, but me and my son we did it. And we had a contest, and whoever carved like the best, like creative little pumpkin, it got fifty dollars. I gave it the ash anyway, mine was better than his. I had a wig, lashes, did my my eyebrows on it? I put a little nose ring in my pumpkins?
Speaker 1: Did you carve it caring? Like cut the inside? I know what carving come with? Just pint pumpkins, and they'd be like, come on, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: No, that's what we let Marlee. That's what we was gonna let Marley do because she won. But she was looking at that like, no, I'm not so yeah. Ash like he made his pumpkin look like scream, like the Scream villain or whatever.
Speaker 1: But mine was nice. I was giving very much city girls.
Speaker 2: Okay, he he got.
Speaker 1: She had a weekend. Guyelash girl.
Speaker 2: Bust down.
Speaker 5: My pumpkin had to bust down real week very much. And it's still better be on my porch. I know that when I get back to Maryland.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, this is the first year that I actually did fall decorations, and so we put up pumpkins. I was excited because my neighbors do it all the time. I know, I just do Christmas. So we got busy whatever. I was excited about that, and I got to give you some spray. There's a spray that you spray on the pumpkins so that the animals don't eat the pumpkins, so the squirrels don't eat in the chickens, the rabbits to dead. I'll send you that spray. That charlamage I knew he was in Alabama, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in Birmingham over the weekend, dropped on the clues bomps for everybody I saw at Birmingham. I was, uh, you know, Kamala Harris's book is out one hundred and seven days, been number one on the New York Times Bestsellers list for weeks now, and so I did a a couple of couple of book conversations with her on Friday night.
Speaker 1: That's right, we're gonna get last morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we spoke at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: Then we had a second show at at eight o'clock, which is interesting because I don't think I ever did that before and talked to the same person twice twice the span of hours, and it was two totally different conversations.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna get that. If you miss it or you weren't there, of course, we're going to get that back on later on.
Speaker 3: Yes, today, Shoot, everybody, I talk at Johannas Johanna's Johannah's Restaurant in Birmingham, Alabama. My homegirls shunned owns that spot in Birmingham. You know they got the classic this weekend, Yes, yes, And everybody's gonna be trying to get into Johannas because it's that type of spot. It's a Japanese spot. They serve sushi and all types of other stuff. So if you need a table, called me. We're not gonna pick up, but you know this is good to say, call me. I know the owner Jesus, but not gonna.
Speaker 2: Pick up.
Speaker 5: Because I didn't hear anything about it. I just wanted to make sure he did last fight, and he is now retired then allegedly according to.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's dope.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he won.
Speaker 1: Right now, today on the show, Gucci Man will be joining us the Lobster's not just Gucci now now also his wife Kishi Kyo. They'll be joining us. He has a new book called Episodes and a new album, so we're gonna be talking to Gucci Man.
Speaker 3: Episodes is such an important book because you know, Gucci Man has been clinically diagnosed with bipolar A schizophrenia, and he is the first artist that I can remember who is open about that, talking about taking his mans and you know what triggers this episode, You know how his wife helped him get through it. Very important book, Episodes is Man, So I can't wait to talk to him about it.
Speaker 1: That's right. So Gucci will be joining us this morning. Should be a lot of fun. And when we come back, we got front page news, a lot of protests over the week and me and me will be filling us in with everything that went down over the weekend. So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody. It's the j n V. Jess hilarious, God, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: You'll number one thing that when that's your man, when you're right here with me.
Speaker 1: Damn is she trying to humble the bitch?
Speaker 2: Let No, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Why we're doing football scores, but I'll do them. The Eagles beat the Vikings twenty eight twenty two, Patriots beat the Titans. The Browns beat the Dolphins, did Chiefs beat the Raiders? The Giants lost to the Broncos. That is so disrespectful, so nasty, so disgusting.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Y'all should be ashamed of yourself. Y'all up to nineteen nothing in the fourth quarter, come back you miss two point like, oh my gosh, No, not like that. I Cowboys beat when's the last time that happened? I said it sixty eight hasn't happened in sixteen hundred games. Our team has been up to nineteen points in the fourth quarter more, but of course the Giants broke that record. The Cowboys beat the Commander's forty four to twenty two. Forty nine has beat the Falcons twenty ten. The Packers beat the Cardinals, the Coachs beat the Chargers, the Bears beat the Saints, and the Jets lost again, the Jets to zero and seven. Now tonight in Monday Night Football, Tampa Bay takes on the Detroit Lions, and the Texans take on the Seahawks. What's up to me?
Speaker 7: Good morning, MV Josh Alderman. How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Hagger beast me me?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 9: Well, we start this morning with massive protests around the country as millions took to the streets for the No King's Movement, a direct response to President Trump and his administration. Nearly seven million people across all fifty states and all around the world joined Saturday's demonstrations, denouncing what they call an abuse of power by the President. The organizers say it was the largest single day protests against a sitting president in modern day history, surpassing the first wave of no King demonstrations held back in June from Boston to Los Angeles, huge crowds filled the streets, waving flags, carrying signs. Protesters said that they were marching to defend democracy, oppose immigration rates, and pushback on troop deployments and health care cuts. And in Washington, Senator Bernie Sanders he took to the stage calling out what he says are growing threats to democracy.
Speaker 7: Let's listen, this.
Speaker 4: Is about a handful of the wealthiest people on earth who, in their insatiable grief, have hijacked our economy and our political system in order to enrich themselves at the expense of working families throughout this country. I am talking about Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Fax Zuckerberg, and they are the multi billionaires.
Speaker 9: Well, meanwhile, Republicans are dismissing the protests as hate America rallies, accusing Democrats of fueling unrest during the ongoing government shutdown, and reporters they pressed President Trump for his reaction to the massive demonstrations this weekend, and this was his response, what's your response?
Speaker 2: In the protest over the weekend. The new kings pregnesses, I.
Speaker 10: Think it's a joke. I looked at the people. They're not representative of this country. And I looked at all the brand new science paid for. I guess it was paid for by Surus and other radical left lunatics.
Speaker 6: It looks like it was.
Speaker 10: We're checking it out. The demonstrations were very small, very ineffective, and the people who are worked out. When you look at those people, those are not representative but the people of our.
Speaker 2: Country beside San Francisco.
Speaker 10: I'm not a king. I'm not a king. I work my ass off to make our country great. That's all it is. I'm not a king at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he's a king. He's just not a good president.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you have a bunch of people who are unemployed and you have a bunch of people who are getting paid, what do you expect them to do? They feel like they're not being hers, of course they're going to take.
Speaker 9: To the screet absolutely, and just to say trumpy. Also, he mocked those demonstrations Saturday. While they were going on, he posted on true social including AI generated video showing him wearing a Crown flying a jet and bombing protesters with some sort of brown liquid. But despite the criticism, organizers are saying that it was a success, saying millions came together to peacefully send a clear message about democracy. And later today in Washington the shutdown, the Senators will reconvene at three pm to take another vote at five point thirty on reopening the government and see if we're going to continue the shutdown.
Speaker 7: So you're going to continue to watch that.
Speaker 3: Nobody's gonna be happy because Donald Trump made a lot of promises about the economy that you have not been kept.
Speaker 2: And he promised immediate relief on day one.
Speaker 3: The inflation would be down, you know, Grocery prices would be down, gas prices would be downe That's what he promised the American people on day one. All you've seen is a bunch of you know, firings and layoffs and furloughs and people not working. What does he expect people to do except for taking to the street to make some noise, especially the Holliday's coming up too. Oh my god, this is the ultimate reminder that you ain't got no goddamn.
Speaker 2: Money in your pocket.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and people are really feeling it. Not only is he doing all those things Charlemagne, he is pardoning and commuting sentences. So former Congressman George Santos, he is a free man this morning after President Trump.
Speaker 7: Commuted his sentence. You guys remember him.
Speaker 9: He was the congressman who was indicted or he went to jail for seven years for wire fraud and identity theft after admitting he stole campaign funds and lied to donors for personal gain. And so now after hours after his release, Trump posted on true social saying Santos had been horribly treated in prison.
Speaker 7: And he was ordering his immediate release.
Speaker 9: And now not only did Trump commute his sentence, he also just wiped his slate completely clean, including removing his probation, his fines, his supervised release, and his restitution. I think the restitution part is important because he had been told that he had to pay back three hundred and seventy thousand dollars to his victims. Now, if you remember, he had been convicted of stealing money from a fundraiser for a six service doll from a Navy veteran. His supporters, including Marjorie Taylor Green, they argued that his punishment was too harsh and that his time in solitary confinement was unfair, But records show that Santos had actually requested to be in solitary confinement for his sanity and his safety. And the backlash over his release is being felt on both sides of the aisle, with some Republicans saying the move rewards bad behavior and undermines public trust in leadership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did did Trump ever say why he decided to pardon George Sanda?
Speaker 9: Well, he just said that a lot of people asked him to. The only person that has come out and said that they asked him to was Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 1: So you know, you gotta laugh at the judicial system at this point, right, And anybody who if you're cool with Trump, you really don't serve much time. You ain't got to pay restitution, you ain't on probation. I heard him this morning, Santo say that he was lucky. They were like, well, are you gonna payr victims back? He goes, whatever the court makes me do, it is what I'm going to do. So anything over that, Nope.
Speaker 7: You don't even care, Like no, and he has to do none of that.
Speaker 9: Things to Trump and b so We will continue to see what happens with that. But he is out of jail this morning and a free man. All right, Well, coming up at seven, the growing problem that has everyone screening their calls.
Speaker 7: Will tell you what it is and how to fight back.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Ray right, Ray, Yo, Charlamagne, Jamsey, What up are we lying?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: I got an indoor pool pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club on the.
Speaker 11: Phone right now. He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Heh?
Speaker 6: What's up this?
Speaker 12: Paul?
Speaker 2: How you guys doing? What's up?
Speaker 11: I'm called from the Ruggery Danver, Colorado. I wanted to check in and see everybody in New York is doing. And if you are still delusional.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Paul. Let's go, Paul. Talk to your top Paul. You deserve to be able to talk.
Speaker 3: All your toughness going to Paul rubbing in these New York Giants fans faces.
Speaker 2: We know well we're not well done now, Paul.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the fool game?
Speaker 11: But they wanted to see No, no, I'll tell you what I thought about shutting that game long because they were looking hardy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie, but to see the Broncos come from behind old times, pause and kill it, that was That was crazy.
Speaker 3: Never give up on your team. Never give up on your team, Paul. Always ride with your team to the end.
Speaker 1: Paul, it was disrespectful. The kickers gonna miss two point after this two was crazy.
Speaker 11: Almost shot herself from the foot through our coach wall the field, and that you guys end up getting.
Speaker 1: Well, my god, right there, man. I thought the football guys would like take this win, and I was I was gonna take it pause, But no, damn, oh.
Speaker 11: You definitely could it all right?
Speaker 3: Man? At the Giants at the bottom of the division, right where they need to be, Thank you, Paul. Meanwhile, the Dallas child Wood got the number one offense in the league. I just want everybody to know that. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's that defense? Is terrible? Hello? Hello?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 1: Get up your chest?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Y'all.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning. Uh Man, did you see j just see the way safety way doing back on quick bro over the weekend?
Speaker 2: He was starting it back.
Speaker 8: I was like, okay, Chris.
Speaker 11: Man, I'm like, I know, just man, you've got you got a man man.
Speaker 2: Order back.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, she's she's getting to do now what I had did back then.
Speaker 2: So she could walk.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: How does your current Chris feel about this? How does your current Chris feel.
Speaker 8: About already been there, done that?
Speaker 2: So I didn't get made okay because you sounded it very excited just now like you was blushing because I saw because I was.
Speaker 5: I was happy because I'm happy for I don't need to be doing what you started, sir.
Speaker 11: She lights up over Chris bros up.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's unbelievable crazy, I.
Speaker 11: Got one bore thing. What broh jes you just you be tripping me here because sometimes I.
Speaker 6: Be listening to you and you be saying ray like.
Speaker 11: I'm like, instead of saying family, you say I'm ray, like I'm ready to go do something.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm ready to go to the store. See y'all From Louisville, and I thought that was just a louis thing because that's what we say.
Speaker 1: No, ray go y, leave out.
Speaker 11: It be tripping me out. But that's all I want to think.
Speaker 2: I'll have a go with you too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Maybe this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate.
Speaker 11: The way that you dress.
Speaker 1: Everything when near is best, call up next.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five five one.
Speaker 1: That's just me. I'm with the coach of Philly.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 11: And get what's going on?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 1: Mister show money without get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: Brother, hey man, listen, tell the man to god, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Peace king? What's the word?
Speaker 11: That's my that's my guy right there forever ze's going on. It's going on, Jess.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 11: Oh man, I'm black blessed. I like my man highly fever period. Bill ain't great. Gonna do it by seeing a cool head smith. He needs to get out of here. We need to keep his name in the press every single game. He's a cold, he's a sell out. He's a sucker, and I'm charging y'all my breakfast, CLU. Simily, we're keeping this guy's name in the carpet, I mean in front of the people. He needs to be dunk the other day from now for the rest of the years. He's disgusting as a human being. He is not a black man. He is a house.
Speaker 3: He's definitely a black man. And uh he does he's a house.
Speaker 2: Listen, don't he don't. He don't need our help keeping his name in the.
Speaker 11: News, him out of what he is. He xpods him for what he is every time heven it started before Trump. Every time he has a black athlete, a black commentator on his show, he's on the ass talking about how they dressed in trying to laughing at all all them crackers. He be up there way he keep checking, laughing, joking. He is a cool and a sellout, and he needs and he needs to be exposed as at every I mean, my blood boils. I not really call y'all with joy. I loved y'all so much, but this guy is an absolute.
Speaker 2: Cool you show money.
Speaker 1: He sure did what he did. I think he's talking about even cracking. I think I guess it's worse.
Speaker 2: Opinion.
Speaker 1: Okay, hello, who's this diego U driver did?
Speaker 11: And what's that for?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 14: Death?
Speaker 2: Florris all, every community, how you doing?
Speaker 10: King?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: I'm like, I'm good.
Speaker 14: I like it that that.
Speaker 11: I think it's crazy that you're paying federal taxes and the federal government shut down.
Speaker 2: That's I agree, bro yep, for sure, I got it, and I.
Speaker 11: Got I got a question for y'all that happened. What happened is just eat like.
Speaker 2: The perfect five like that on our double four.
Speaker 8: We have to stop paying federal tax.
Speaker 6: We end up in jail, jail to jail.
Speaker 2: Is that my tru everybody, everybody.
Speaker 11: I think that won't be the best way.
Speaker 3: Like I think that should be black people reparations. I think they should, you know, allow us not to have to pay federal.
Speaker 2: Tax absolutely, but that's all I got it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to pay federal I love y'all, love you two k federal taxes for four hundred years? What make black people federal federally tax examp for four hundred years.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm with you. Get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. Now we got the latest with Lauren coming up over. We're talking about Lauren.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're talking Brandy and Monica.
Speaker 13: There was an emergency at the Boy's Mind tour didn't go on one night, didn't finish one night.
Speaker 8: We're gonna get into why. We're gonna talk about what happened.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that next, So don't move. It's to breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. It's warning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarrys, CHARLAMAGNEIK guy. We at a breakfast club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren becoming a straight fast man. She gets them to somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 8: I'm a longe girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you. The latest with Lauren la Rosa. Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit everything. So it's the latest on the breakfast club. Talk to me, ll Kolbe.
Speaker 8: Good morning. So Brandy and Monica kicked off the Boy is Mine tour.
Speaker 13: It has been twenty seven years y'all, We've and waiting for this, and it finally happened. So they're performing in Chicago over the weekend on one of the opening tour dates, and a emergency happened. So Brandy is on stage, her sound begins to mess up, and then and then she actually walks off stage trying to fix it.
Speaker 8: Let's take a listen to Brandy on stage.
Speaker 1: You mean.
Speaker 2: That sounds horrible that her attle bit.
Speaker 13: Oh look, so listen that that was her issue. So she was saying that there was something wrong with the sound. She go when she walks off stage during the song, she goes to the side to like the audio booth that's normally sitting on the side, and you see her talking with them. She's trying to figure something out. But then she didn't return to the stage at all for the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the sho Yeah, and by the way, she did sound good on her way out, right, Like she still sounded good on the way out too, But.
Speaker 2: I thought so too.
Speaker 13: But I mean, according to her, you know how, she felt it wasn't what she needed it to be. So she's on the side of the stage. There's a bunch of fan videos of them recording her going back and forth with the audio engineers, just trying to figure things out. She doesn't return, so then Monica comes out and finishes the rest of the set. Uh, let's take a listen to Monica because they don't get to hear this night in Chicago Saturday the boy's mind.
Speaker 8: Let's take a listen to Monica.
Speaker 6: I definitely when to say it's on the.
Speaker 8: Share of the stage with Brandy. Now I'm saying you spoke about in my heart.
Speaker 12: It took twenty seven years to figure out what we were supposed to be. And when I'm realizing this, we allowed too many other people in the midst of what was just supposed to be us.
Speaker 8: So and on just the way out here as I'm saying, all around.
Speaker 1: This, okay, I might be going death because it's off for me to hear what they were saying. So was it the sound or was it dehydration?
Speaker 5: Because Lauren I saw the next day that it was like some dehydration stuff, but nobody sounded dehydrated.
Speaker 13: So the next day, because fans were trying to figure out what was going on, there were a lot of people upset, but there were a lot of people concerned because Brandy just walked off the stage and didn't finished come back out. So Brandy posted a letter to the fans, and she said, I sincerely apologized for the abrupt into last night's performance in Chicago. After a few weeks of non stop rehearsals, last night, I experienced dehydration and feeling of wanting to think. Everyone involved agreed that prioritizing my well being was the utmost importance. I still made the decision to try and return and give them my all, despite not feeling okay with having to make some adjustments in the show. Being very tech, unfortunately, it was impossible to fully connect sonically with the production.
Speaker 8: I really appreciate everyone's best effort.
Speaker 13: I'm deeply grateful to my sister Monica for stepping up with such grace and professionalism, and the entire crew for their continued support. I went from the arena to see a doctor nearby, and I've taken the proper precautions to help me moving forward. Your understanding patients and unwavering belief in the belief, belief and mean the world to me. I look forward to returning to the stage stronger and more grateful than ever, alongside my girl Monica.
Speaker 8: Tonight in Indianapolis. So and that's what happened.
Speaker 13: They got back on the stage last night Sunday night in Indianapolis and were able to get through the show.
Speaker 8: The crowd was able to hear the boy's mind. But I mean it sounds like a little bit of both.
Speaker 13: Just to answer your question, like there were some technical things going on, but she physically wasn't feeling okay.
Speaker 5: Sure, and then you still couldn't tell you because she was still bobbing and all that bombinga weaving and doing a thing.
Speaker 6: And she sounded good.
Speaker 8: She always sounds great.
Speaker 5: But if it was the idration, did you see what they be having on they do be performing like day outside, like the big gass coats and they.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes, they got to take some of them layers off.
Speaker 3: They be having air conditions and fans inside all of those outfits.
Speaker 2: I know, but it is it's people will be quick to believe she was ready to line with me.
Speaker 1: Now in some of those costumes, they do have fans when they had to wear the head piece, but not not those type of costumes. But my whole thing is so you will find you were dehydrated on on Saturday but then you perform on Sunday. No problem, that's I mean, I do I get my money back, because if I wanted to see the boy's mind, but it wasn't the whole show. She did came shut up a queen, some queens, man, queen, queen ben queen's motion, be queens, It's all right.
Speaker 2: The boy is still yours, the boy will always be.
Speaker 8: And the date this is the beginning of the tourist. I know it's.
Speaker 5: But I do like the Ouphis though. They just looked like they about to come in for Christmas. Though, you know, like they have a lot.
Speaker 6: They're extra layered.
Speaker 2: Hey, dropping the Kelly looked like it was summertime.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yep, she did. And she looked like she prepared. She was prepared for it to be hot.
Speaker 2: That is the good of chocolate Goddess.
Speaker 8: I do want cat with the shorts.
Speaker 1: Yes, no hat, but I know it wasn't.
Speaker 5: No no, no, she did have had them, but she took it off because she had the short ball under the hat.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's right, she she ate that down.
Speaker 2: Are they coming to New York? They got to. I'm sure I want to see Kelly.
Speaker 13: Said them on tour though, because It's it's rough to be doing all these dates back to back to back because they're opening weekend.
Speaker 8: It was every single day they're opening weekends.
Speaker 1: Ye, salute the Monica, Salute the brand. I hope they well, they got it together, so I'm happy for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And happy birthday to Snoop Dog. It's his birthday. And and be a young boy, okay, bird.
Speaker 1: And Kamal Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We got some more birthdays next hour too.
Speaker 1: All right, now when we come back, we got front page news and then Guccia Man'll be joining us. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's getting some front page news. So if it's a quick sports, congratulations to the Dodgers. They advanced in the twenty twenty five World Series after sweeping the Brewers. Now tonight, Mariners take on the Blue Jays in the winner of that game will be playing the Dodgers. Now with some football. The Eagles beat the Vikings, the Patriots beat the Titans, Browns beat the Dolphins, the Chiefs beat the Raiders. The Giants lost to the Broncos. Horrible, disrespectful. We should be ashamed of ourselves with that game. But up nineteen nothing in the fourth quarter, come back and lose. We missed two points. Oh my gosh, why should you?
Speaker 3: Why should they be ashamed about this game? They two and five on the season. What about the other four games they lost? This shit at the bottom of the division.
Speaker 2: They suck, we do, but not as.
Speaker 1: Bad as the Jets. The Jets lost thirteen to six. There seven?
Speaker 3: Oh the Jets something Yeah, if this was a sub contest. The Jets definitely suck better than the Giant.
Speaker 1: They do way better, way better. The Bears beat the Saints, the Coaches beat the Chargers, Your Cowboys beat the Commanders, The Package beat the car Knows, the forty nine Ers beat the Falcons. And now tonight and Monday Night Football, the Texas take on the Seahawks and the Buccaneers take on the Lions.
Speaker 2: What's up to me?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Envy, Jeff, Charla Magine, how y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Black? And Holly Favorite? How are you? Mimi?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 9: So this morning, we start this hour with a case out of Philadelphia that has been making national headlines. That's where police believe they may have found the body of a young woman who's been missing for more than two weeks. A twenty three year old Kaita Scott was last seen the night of October fourth, leaving her family's Germantown home to head to her overnight shift at a nursing home. She never made it home, and her car was later found parked outside her job, but there was no trace of her. Now police say Scott had told family she was being harassed through her phone, and within days investigators identified twenty three year old Keon King of Delaware as a suspect. Now, King surrendered to police last week and was charged with kidnapping, but Scott is still missing. And then on Saturday, police announced a heartbreaking discovery. Human remains were found in a shallow grave behind an abandoned middle school, not far from where Scott disappeared. Now the Deputy Commissioner, John Stanford says officers were led to the site after receiving a very specific, anonymous tip on Friday night.
Speaker 7: Now the remains appear to be about.
Speaker 9: A week old and have been sent to the medical examiner for identification. At the community, they have been deeply passionate about this case, searching daily, organizing on social media, and at times yelling at police to do more. When the remains were found, many gathered at the scene, frustrated and emotional, saying officers should have done more, faster, and sooner to help locate her. The investigators say they are aware of the growing frustration and address the community's concerns.
Speaker 7: Let's listen to that.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 16: I am not a fit it by the passion that you know, some of the you know, remarks that have been made as we were walking back.
Speaker 1: I'm not offended at all, because.
Speaker 16: That's people's emotion, and this is an emotional situation, and so it's it's to be understood. However, I know what we have done and in the amount of hours that have been put into this process of trying to locate miss Scott.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hopefully say the suspect in the case, twenty three year old Keon King, could be tied to other killings. And again, police have not officially confirmed the identity of the remains, only that they were found in the same area where miss Scott disappeared, and they have been focused on that area for about two weeks.
Speaker 7: So people will continue to watch that.
Speaker 3: Case I hate and despise humans like Keon King, Like I really feel like you got to make examples out of people who do things like this.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I don't know what happened to the young lady, the details of it, but clearly she got you know, killed, and then you just disregard her body like it's nothing, like you know what I mean, Like I just don't even understand how people like that.
Speaker 2: Operate, Like, I mean, how do you do that? And then just go get a sandwich app? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Like how exactly?
Speaker 9: So we will continue to watch that he's already been found guilty of kidnapping her, and so once the medical examiner does their job and they come back with the results, we will definitely bring those to you guys.
Speaker 2: People like that, people like that don't ever deserve peace.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I hope that you know that young lady haunts him for the rest of his life.
Speaker 9: Absolutely so young too, all right, Well, from tragedy in Philadelphia to high drama overseas, a story straight out of a movie unfolding at the Louver in Paris. Now French officials they say a team of four thieves they pulled off a daring daytime heights at the Louver Museum in Paris on Sunday, stealing royal jews, jewels once worn by the Queen of France and other royal officials.
Speaker 7: The investigators say.
Speaker 9: The group arrived with power tools, a crane lift and a getaway planned straight out of a heist film. So they smash display cases from one of the museum's crown jewel galleries.
Speaker 7: They threatened guards.
Speaker 9: They sped off on scooters, dropping some of the stolen jewels along the way, including a crown that police later recovered nearby. Now the seven minute break in, it happened just as the museum opened at seven point thirty in the morning, and officials say the thieves they use a truck mounted crane to break in through the first window first floor window, and they believe the group had scoped out the site long before the robbery. Before fleeing, they reportedly tried to set the crane on fire to destroy evidence.
Speaker 7: Now, the stolen collection what they got away with.
Speaker 9: Includes necklaces, earrings, tiaras once worn by members of the French royal courts, treasures that officials describe as priceless. No one was hurt, but the museum was evacuated and closed for the rest of the day. And to put this in context, the Louver is home to the Mona Lisa and some of the world's most valuable arts.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. I mean, they've tried before. The security should be top notched, Like, there's no way that anybody should be stealing those jewels and some of those pieces them art, the facts that they have in there, that that that doesn't even seem right. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations of those guys, man, that's impressive. That's a whole little mini series right there.
Speaker 5: If I were to continued stealing out have probably been on that level by now.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: They're smart for them to get that off and broad daylight.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, now, sometimes you gotta let people get away with things just based off the degree of difficulty, you know what, I mean, what do you do with it?
Speaker 1: Because you can't sell it?
Speaker 2: Who can?
Speaker 1: Who can different sell it?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Listen, they'll find that fast.
Speaker 2: Get rich off of that stuff.
Speaker 6: Trust me, they got a plan.
Speaker 1: I gotta they probably got a biometic.
Speaker 3: They thought they thought this all the way through, you know, I mean, listen, I don't believe in stealing, but when they do stealing, it's impressive. At this level, you gotta give it up for sometimes you gotta give a little roud of applause, like wow, that was impressive thought that, you know, like all right.
Speaker 17: Y'all, well that.
Speaker 7: It is impressive.
Speaker 13: But you know, we gonna say it's still wrong, so you just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Definitely wrong. It's definitely wrong.
Speaker 7: So we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 9: They they said that there are cameras all over and so they expect an arrest soon.
Speaker 7: So we we shall see.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I will continue to bring that to you. So that is your front page news. I'm Memi Brown. Follow me at Memi Brown TV.
Speaker 9: And for more stories, follow the Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, or visit bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, now, when we come back, Gucci Man will be joining them. When we come back, Gucci May will be joining us, him and his wife Kisko. So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is d j n V, Jesse Larios, Charlamaine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club and all the rooms is here as well, we got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed we got Gucci mane. Thank you, wife, Welcome, how y'all feeling, y'all look amazing, thank you new book out episodes.
Speaker 3: Yes, Man, I thoroughly enjoyed your book, Gucci Man, because you know, we give people props when we were younger for being real and a lot of things that we say is real. It's like when somebody gangster with somebody, you know, we call them tough. But to me, the most realist thing you could do as you get older just be vulnerable, you know what I mean, and go on to.
Speaker 2: Journey of healing and share that journey with people. And you definitely did that in this book.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I appreciate that I always see you talking about mental health while be listening to y'all. You always championing mental health, you know what I'm saying. So that's my I said, make sure y'all get that book to Charlota Magne before I come up there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I knew he was gonna read it. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what got you to the point where he said, this is the time to share the story because most people will say, like, you know, I don't want to share that story. It might be embarrassing, it might make me look this way, but you were open and completely open about it. What got you to that point was like, this.
Speaker 6: Is the time I had when I had an episode on like twenty nineteen or twenty twenty round COVID, and that was just like after that, I was like, man, I gotta really just hold myself accountable and take care of my health. I don't never want to have an episode again. I'm like, I'm gonna see a therapist. If I had to take medicine, I just I kind of like through the towelnd like, you know what I need to do to get better. I just did never want to have that happen again. And then my wife was pregnant with my little boy, and I'm like, I don't never want to I don't want to raise a family. And then my mental health gone with. If I have an episode, I can't come back from you know what I'm saying. So I just like starting to do the work and like start seeking the help.
Speaker 3: Keisha, I'm glad you here because we always have conversations about the people who have to deal with the individuals with the mental mental health issues.
Speaker 2: It feels like nobody else speaks to y'all.
Speaker 17: It's tough.
Speaker 2: What what made you not run?
Speaker 1: Because you could have ran, You could have been like, I'm not this ain't for me, but you still ten toes down and say I'm gone.
Speaker 18: I experienced him going through episodes before we were married, and I was like, man, somebody gotta help this guy.
Speaker 17: It was really, really bad. It's really sad.
Speaker 18: Because you're seeing some when you don't know they're saying things to you that are disrespectful, so mean, and you have to just like, but I'm not talking to Gucci, who is this person? So I felt like if I left, he wouldn't have been the same. He needed someone to help him. And then when we were supposed to get married, someone said to me, you know you're going to have to deal with this through your marriage, right, And I'm like, I'm cool with it.
Speaker 17: I'm going to fix him.
Speaker 13: You know how heavy was that for you? Though, because the fixing isn't like an overnight thing. I saw Gucci you did a big facts and you were talking about how one time you said to him, I should record this so that you can see because he wouldn't even remember some of the things he was doing, but it would like you'd be like, oh my god, like what's happening right now? How heavy was it in the process of trying to help him get back.
Speaker 18: It was one point I had to just go on my knees and pray because it's like he's like I don't like you. I mean, the things he would say are really really bad, and I just have to like take a deep breath. Like I said, I'm not talking to you right now. You want to sit here and be crazy alone, I'm not going to allow you.
Speaker 17: To be crazy alone. So like I have to like set a plan up.
Speaker 18: Like at one point, I called his attorney, I called some bodyguards, and I just planned a whole kidnap and we kidnapped him and took him to the hospital because we could not get him to the hospital. But he was trying to fight them and everything, but it was six of them. He couldn't handle it, and we threw him in the car. He would try to jump out the car, so we put him in the center of the car, you know, And that was like his last episode when you go to the Yeah, but they try to do things where he could sign himself out and I'm like, he's not signed, Like I'm stern with him. He's not signing himself out. I'm his wife and I'm his far of attorney. He ain't going nowhere Like.
Speaker 17: I have to be strict. It's kind of like you have to go in mother mode, you know, and put your foot down.
Speaker 1: Were you ever scared?
Speaker 2: I wasn't never.
Speaker 18: Scared he would hurt me. People were scared for me. But it's a scary moment.
Speaker 6: As I asked her that was she scared, she was like, I'm not scared of you.
Speaker 17: I tell him all the time during it, I'm not scared you.
Speaker 18: So you we gonna figure this out, like I have to get gangsterill with him because he and I'm like, all right, we gonna see.
Speaker 4: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: And the ice Cream Fever Dreams Chapter guc You said that the only you said when you need help, the only person you can rely on is yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, Why did you feel that way in that moment?
Speaker 6: Because that's how I felt, especially like you're really the only person you can Like, you gotta do the work yourself. You know what I'm saying. If you want to like really get better, people can want it for you. But you still gotta want it more than they do. You know what I'm saying. You gotta want, you gotta do the work, you gotta live with it, you know what I'm saying. So that's probably why I said that.
Speaker 3: The reason I asked is because you start the book off talking about Big Scar, and you know you and Ke should definitely help Big Scar in that moment when he was having an episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean you did help somebody.
Speaker 6: I was trying my best to say Scar. I'll try my best to say Scar, and like even he was a big inspiration for the book as well. But what was like when I reached out to my right the co writer Cat and writing a book. I was telling her about you know, like how hw I helped Scott and you know, my wife was talking to me, but she was on like I wouldn't even let Scott know that she was telling me the stuff to tell him it like while we're writing a book, like discussing the book and just going over how we're gonna make it. Scott died, so I hear her like you know, Scott had passed away. It was all it went for him being an inspiration. Before I can finish the book he passed away. So that was just super deep and then made me like, I gotta do this. I gotta even be more vulnerable because I'm gonna help people that I don't even know I was, because I was trying to help somebody who was so close to me, you know what I'm saying. And I didn't even and I didn't succeed.
Speaker 1: You know when you break down in the book that September thirteenth episode, right, Yeah, and you said you don't even remember a lot of the things that you said. Did you have to go back and say, you know what, let me fix some of those situations? Yes? And who did you called first to say let me fix that? Cause we were on there that morning and we just remembers, like damn, Gucci just going crazy on everybody and the sad week, and the sad thing about it is for media pressed, it's like that's gold at first, like oh this that, and the other day when you sit back and look at to be like damn, like maybe we shouldn't have went that hard and promoted because we can see now that he was going through episode So.
Speaker 6: About the media's role in that, Yeah, But the answer envy, I was super embarrassed and hurt by the things I said because like I wasn't well then, right, So then I got locked up. So a lot of those people who I was saying stuff too, they were like, I ain't. They never gonna mess with me no more. So even when I got out three years later, I still was like, I apologize to Ross, Drake, Nikki like all them. People accept my apologies. They just don't know. It's like a weight off my shoulders because I had been like because I was wrong, Like Ross hadn't did nothing but helped me, you know what I'm saying. And I said something about him, Burt Man that all this stuff for me, Why would I say something about him? So I felt bad, you know what I'm saying. I felt terribly bad, and it was just eat me. It was like it was super heavy on me, you know what I'm saying. So I apologize to everybody. Everybody that would have scept my apology that I apologized, everybody who would acept my call. I apologize to you. Just think anybody who I was dissing, I apologize.
Speaker 2: When you see artists doing that, now, do you know exactly what they're going through?
Speaker 6: Yes, we were like since it's going through episode. I can see it because because I'd have been through it, and I'm like, I be feeling sorry for him, you know what I'm saying. But because I see the media, they just go with it like this person like mad or they being you know, like mean or whatever. But they be like going through something really mental. It'd be some mental help stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Do you reach out to any of those artists I'm.
Speaker 6: Trying to think, did I reach out now? I don't do a lot of reaching out because some of them, like I feel like they wouldn't be accepting of it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But because you know, you wouldn't be accepted at the point at that.
Speaker 6: Time, Yeah, at that point you can't. You can't really talk to them like that. But like my wife said, I wish I could talk to the people that know them to tell them how to help them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: I tried to reach out to Kim when Kanye was going through an episode. It bothered me so much, but I don't know her and I didn't want.
Speaker 17: To feel like a groupie.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so I tried to send messages to people. I never succeeded. But this was during their marriage. I'm like, damn, I want to talk to her so bad, like I can help you, but I never was successful.
Speaker 13: We talked about that on air the other day because she sat down with her daddy and talked about what it was like on the inside by also trying to protect their public image in the way she thought people would look at her if she decided to leave.
Speaker 8: For you, what was it like, I mean could talk about Kim.
Speaker 3: What was it like?
Speaker 13: Just trying to protect the business that you guys have built. Wow, I have a personally. I take his apps off his phone.
Speaker 17: First thing I do.
Speaker 18: I delete Instagram, I delete everything. Even if I got to change his password, I'm changing it because I don't need the public to know he's having an episode. And now before the episodes come, I catch it. So that's why he hasn't had another one. And how you catch that is he doesn't speak to you, he wants to be left alone. He don't eat, he does not sleep. Text messages there's a period after each word, and I'm like, you're going through an episode.
Speaker 17: You're sick. No, I'm not, ain't and wrong with me?
Speaker 18: Why do you think that you're not speaking to me, well, there's nothing to talk about.
Speaker 17: I said, well, that's not how you speak to your wife. And I'm like, you're sick and we snap out of it right then?
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, Keisha, do you wish you around? When you know I look at Gucci and if you really think about all the artists that he has touched and could have signed, he could have been bigger than any label out there. If you go through them. We can go from from Thug to Waka, to the Migos to the list.
Speaker 2: Goes on and on and on. Do you think we had Walker Wago?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you think if I was there I could have helped him build that empire because he could have been really like an Atlanta death Chain.
Speaker 18: A thousand person even like we had this conversation many years ago. I said, Gucci, you just have to accept that you are not well and fix it.
Speaker 17: Just accept it. I said, people take tal n all every day.
Speaker 18: Just take your medication every day.
Speaker 17: You'll be fine.
Speaker 18: Just accept that you're sick, fix it and you'll be okay. And absolutely, he had so many artists from back in the day, and because of this, you know, they re signed with other people or whatever the situation is. And it pisses me off because none of them respects him. I don't or give him the credit like Gucci's me. Gucci's the one that got me out the slum. Gucci's the one that changed my life. None of them talks about that, not.
Speaker 17: One of them.
Speaker 1: It's that ball because it's it's a lot of artists that are multi platinum that are still selling records that you were the first person to give an opportunity to. We can name a listen if the list goes on and on.
Speaker 6: I feel like, you know, I had to hold myself accountable. I got locked up. I messed up the opportunity, you know what I'm saying. But I'm not saying that they don't have to pay me how much I appreciate it, you know what I'm saying. But it's like that's part of how I was raised, Just who I am. I get fulfillment out of hipping artists, you know what I'm saying. I was reaching met out to them, trying to help them because I saw talent in them and not just Southern artists, not just Southern artists, DJ whatever. That's just like who I am, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm an open door studio. I'm gonna bring people in. I'm gonna work with the up and coming. That's what I like to do. You get what I'm saying. If it didn't work out the way it did because I got locked up, I got to say, Hey, I got myself locked up. You know, I messed that up. But since then, I've been doing I've been doing well. Since I got out, I've been on it, you know what I'm saying, been a whole different. Everything been going good.
Speaker 1: I always wondered, did any of those artists reach out when you were locked up and said, let me help?
Speaker 2: Damn, let me say this.
Speaker 1: Though she said nope, let me say this.
Speaker 6: It is still kind of like paying it forward because when I got an all those artists did come back and do songs with me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But when you down, did they help?
Speaker 6: They didn't.
Speaker 17: They don't acknowledge him.
Speaker 18: He doesn't care or feel that way, but from the outside looking in, they should acknowledge him.
Speaker 17: You know, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Gucci gets looked at as a hip hop pillar, though I feel like he's like, look, I feel like Gucci.
Speaker 2: Gets just do as an iconic figure. And hip hop and all the artists he put on No but.
Speaker 18: Would you like to see Key like I would like them, all of them to acknowledge him, even if they win an award. Acknowledge him because he gave you the stomping ground.
Speaker 1: Most people don't know Nicki Minaj came out of that camp French Montana. Half those people we know, but most people don't know that. Migosgosuff like most.
Speaker 17: People because they don't say it.
Speaker 3: I love loved the chapter Pills and posting too, because you said you feel guilty for making the song Pills, because you made a whole generation start getting high on pills.
Speaker 2: How do you rectify that guilt.
Speaker 6: I can live with it now because it's like it is the what it is, you know what I'm saying. But back then, I know that I like made a lot of people use drugs. I talked about drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs all through my music because that's what I was on back then. And I'm just like, damn, I know I made a whole bunch of people think pills was cool. I know that for a fact. You know what I'm saying, and that ain't nothing. I'm just super proud of you know, but what can I do? It's in the past now. And at the same time it was I was also a user too, so I was going through.
Speaker 2: It with them. The interesting thing about that chapter two, you said that your whole team didn't like that song.
Speaker 6: They didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm old because I'm sure some of them was on pills too, So what was it just they didn't.
Speaker 6: Like when I first, like even when I had like one foot then one foot out. A lot of my guys who were hustling. We used to think I would like, my crew are hustling, but it's they just think like pills and stuff like that was like jacket stuff, you know what I'm saying. They thinking like, if you do coke, eat like a jacket, you take pills, you're a jackie. They all that was cool with with smoking weed, even taking a dragon lane. They thought it was some jagging stuff, right, So they really they said, take away from the money, you see what I'm saying. So it's like, if you're doing if you're taking pills, you supposed to be selling the pills. So when I came out with pills, they went with that. They was like, bro, what you making a song? About taking pills for me. Then the song ended up blowing up, but there was like they didn't like the song.
Speaker 1: Yeap when you did versus? Right, what was your mind framed during versus and Keisha when he you knew he was doing versus against somebody that was his arch enemy at the time, right, what was your mind frame because you knew at any moment it could have went back.
Speaker 8: Did you want him to do it?
Speaker 17: I told him not to.
Speaker 18: I said, you're not doing that. I said, I will pay you a million dollars not to do this.
Speaker 6: She told me that it'swear to God. Like I tell you a million dollars not to do the verses. I'm like, I'm gonna do the verses.
Speaker 1: So how for people that don't know, how did that verses come about? And what was your mind to do the souls that you did in that moment, because I mean, I think everybody felt it. People that were they were.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, this is gonna end up nasty.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm trying to think. I heard I seen the interview what Jesus saying like if I do it versus, I want to do it with Gucci.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 6: So after that he had hit me like bro you heard Jesus say he wanted to do a verse with you, would you do it? And I was like, I don't know if I do that. I don't know if I want to do no verse. I ain't really really yet. Then he came back like, bro, I think this would be big if you do it. So next thing, you know, Swiss and Larry Jackson end up hearing me and we end up doing We're gonna do the verses right, And my mind frame going into it was like it's going it was. I was excited about it, like because all the previous verses were so big. So I'm like, man, it's dope. You know what I'm saying. It's gonna be big for me. Everybody gonna be like my catalog gonna go up, people gonna just so I was looking and I was excited about it.
Speaker 3: And when oh, actually Gesz said, he said here on Breakfast Club, he wanted to do it with you, but you turned it down.
Speaker 19: I mean, I mean to be honest with you, like from what I hear he did respectfully the client, which I respect. You know what I'm saying, no, no disrespect, And you know, I guess he looked the way I look at it just like yo, bro, like, ain't nobody else they want to see us with and for once, at least mentally it can be about the music and you know, instead of it just being me and him and our personal feelings. Is like, now you got the world watching. So as a man, I wasn't gonna not do it because of what happened, because that's what the platform was for.
Speaker 2: That's what that conversation was that was back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: I don't think I turned it down. I don't think I think I turned out during Versus period, but I was open to do the verses when they finally broke it down to me, like okay, just the business about it, this going, all this good can come out of it, and I'm like, okay, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Did y'all think it was KESHI? You didn't want to do it because you knew he could potentially have an episode of.
Speaker 17: No, I just don't trust it. I don't know.
Speaker 18: God forbid GC go say the wrong thing and things pop off.
Speaker 17: I ain't got the time.
Speaker 1: WI were you when he was doing Versus?
Speaker 17: I was pregnant at home.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't want me there, So you were watching it.
Speaker 18: My hands was wet and I'm nervous. I'm like, Lord, Jesus helped me.
Speaker 1: He did that song. What were you thinking when he did that song? What do you think that that song?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 18: Oh my, I'm just like this, like every like any normal person. I'm in the bed watching it like everybody else, scared.
Speaker 13: And Jesus you said you were lucky that Sorry, sorry, sorry, Gucci you said that you were happy that Jeez took the moment to kind of like kind of shift the energy.
Speaker 6: I would say, in hindsight, I'm like, I respect the what he did, what he said, you know what I'm saying, And uh, you know what he said made sense, you know what I'm saying. But at that moment, in the moment, like he's at the moment, I was thinking, like I'm happy he said that. The moment, I was just like, man, what is he talking about? You know what I'm saying, Let's get on to the what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 6: But when I look back on and I'm like, that was smart. You know what I'm saying. That was smart and it was deep.
Speaker 1: Did y'all speak before y'all did diversity person y'all just speak before here. How was that conversation with that the first time y'all spoke throughout the years.
Speaker 6: Of Man One. It was funny because we seen it, y'a on the airplane, right. He was sitting in my seat. That's the crazy y'all. He's sitting in my seat, right, So I'm like, damn, I don't even want to talk to him, but I got to tell this dude.
Speaker 2: Get out of my seat.
Speaker 6: So it like, I'm like, hey, man, you see you gotta get out of my seat. But he see who it is. He like, well, I'm sitting in the same seat. Can't you sit in mine? Like, nah, I can't sit in your seat. You just got to get up. There was the conversation we had.
Speaker 19: If anybody else you probably be like, God, go ahead, I got you got.
Speaker 6: To get up. You got to get up.
Speaker 2: And he don't want to get up.
Speaker 6: I can't cause I can't. My probably won't let me say that you're in my seat, and I just okay, I'm gonna sit over here. Yeah, no, dog, get up.
Speaker 2: Won't allow him to be like man Man told me to get.
Speaker 6: Up, and he got up and moved.
Speaker 2: He got up and move.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I remember fifty John said the first time they see each other was on a flight. They were both it's like you can't wild out there, so you gotta be easy.
Speaker 2: But No, in your first book, you said, y'all had dinner somewhere before.
Speaker 6: No, we we we met up at a restaurant. YEP, so we had met before. But I'm saying this sin is how I got out. That was like we met at that restaurant way way back, that was like twenty ten or like that.
Speaker 8: What is it like now?
Speaker 13: Like have you guys spoken sense versus and you know, both of y'all are so evolved at this point.
Speaker 6: I did an interview on Big Fast and I'm like, it ain't really been no disrespect since then. Everybody everything cool, but you know they were okay.
Speaker 8: I saw you say that.
Speaker 13: Going to East Atlanta sometimes like triggers different episodes for you and you can talk about that.
Speaker 17: Were you about to say something.
Speaker 6: No, say it does trigger me going to Eastern Lima.
Speaker 8: What in writing this.
Speaker 13: Book, what other things from your upbringing did you realize, like, oh, that was one of my triggers of these episodes and I didn't even know, like family stuff or just you know, stuff from like.
Speaker 6: Young Yeah, like uh, stuff with my mom triggers me. Uh, we had a lot of screen relationship. Uh stuff for my youth triggered me. You know, old friendships you know that went sour. There's a lot of stuff can be triggered.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 6: You know, some songs even trigger me, you know, just from like you said, like screen relationships, like even here so icy. I don't like hearing so icy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: You know it's kind of like a trigger. State scrapped would be a trigger, you know what I'm saying, Hearing that like I got ten K on your body, like the wis side probably couldn't have took that, you know, like that would have triggered me.
Speaker 1: You don't do those songs.
Speaker 6: You don't do them songs.
Speaker 2: What trick is you?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 2: East land On? What is it? Burma? Alabama?
Speaker 6: I would say East Atlanta, but I don't want to. I don't want to. Besma kind of depresses me because it's like when you go down there, it's so like it's like damn. You know what I'm saying. It's it's like damn, it's it's a tough place to grow up at. And when I go back. There's like it dawn to make me cry just looking at the buildings and that because you're from a small town like I'm from. It's so small and rural and like you know, it's there's no money down there, you know what I'm saying. So it just looked it feels dark. East Atlanta is just dangerous. It's still dangerous. Is always gonna be dan it just when I go there, just make me try. It made me like I just it. I almost turned to a different person, like the coners, the blocks, just I just just reliving all the stuff I did on those blocks, you know, the people there. It's just I try to stay away from trickles.
Speaker 3: And you say, you're even reading the book and seeing the effects that like systemic racism had on you, Like watching the KKK, you know, March to Your Time?
Speaker 2: Is that still a trigger?
Speaker 6: It kind of is?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 16: It is?
Speaker 6: I still like hold some of that stuff in me, you know what I'm saying that I seen when I was young from best one. That's why I kept my label ten seventeen because I'm like, I don't never want to forget. Even though I was raised in Atlanta, people always associate me with Atlanta. I never want to forget, you know, the life I led there, and I never want to forget like my family then what they going through.
Speaker 1: You said during the Big Facts interview that the police you feel like they still have it out for you in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: I feel like they did they did back when I first got I feel like because they used to do stuff like you know what I'm saying, Like I would be when I first had got out of jail. I would go places and the police would just run my name, you know what I'm saying. And then I was on probation, So my probation, but I was like, hey, did you go to such and such because the police ran your name and there, like they were just trying to see if I get They just they just it's just too much.
Speaker 1: So what do you tell artists like your thugs and your little babies that probably feel the same way as you, You say it might be time to get tout Atalanta.
Speaker 6: I told the baby that I've been told the baby, hey man, he might be too big for the city, might need to move, you know what I'm saying. I never got a chance to tell a thud that, but I definitely told baby that before.
Speaker 13: Because he used to be there, the baby used to be there, just walking around like regularly, like grocery stores and everything.
Speaker 6: Because he's so comfortable. I got to comfort that, like even time I went. If I'm in Atlanta and I have an episode, I go straight to my block because I know that block like the back of my hand. I'm always like, I always go there. It's just like the for me, it's like it's two for me for me, you know what I'm saying, It's two for me. Sometimes something too for me for you. You got to get away from that because it's too much comfort them. It ain't no growth in comfort. I need to be well, like I'm held the count of plan you can get held account of if I go to these lane coming, we coming. All I got to do is just stand on the block.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you, Keisha, how do you how do you define recovery? Because you're seeing him matters worse and now you're seeing him at his best, So how would you define recovery for somebody that is dealing with somebody who's trying to recover from their mental health issues.
Speaker 17: The first thing you need is medication.
Speaker 18: You cannot it cannot go on medicated, and the quicker the better, because once they're medicated, they usually get better in like two weeks. It's not it's not overnight. It's literally like fourteen days for them to.
Speaker 17: Be back to normal.
Speaker 18: So for him, like let's say he started his medication after an episode, he started his medication today, right three days later, he'd be like, oh, my wife, you're so beautiful. I could tell by his words that he's getting better. And then tomorrow he might say who, and I'm like, oh, he's not better yet.
Speaker 17: Like I could just tell by his tone.
Speaker 2: Who do you talk to?
Speaker 7: Keish?
Speaker 2: Like, who do you have a therapist?
Speaker 17: No, I'm the therapist. He'll tell you.
Speaker 18: I'm like a real therapist. I know how to speak to him. You have to speak calm, you cannot scream. Sometimes you have to agree with what he's saying. Like he'll say give me five hundred grand and I'm like, okay, I don't do it.
Speaker 17: But I say okay, whatever he asks for, I say yes, but I don't do it. But you can't go against them.
Speaker 18: So he'll text somebody and cuss them out, and I'll go back to his phone and I'll say block him he's having an episode, so I just I'm just a clean up lady.
Speaker 2: I hate this.
Speaker 6: I gotta say this. Remember Julia Greenwall used to be the head of Atlanta. I had an episode and said so much bad stud of Judah.
Speaker 2: I said that.
Speaker 6: When I came from I said, listen, Julu, Now, if I text you anything crazy, block me for block me, and I don't call me for two days and call my wife because this episode comes because I ain't want to lose my position as label going through episode. And I'm like, if you just see, like, if you see like the text is getting crazy, just block me because I don't want to come tell you. I start saying stuff so bad.
Speaker 2: It's like you can't come back Fromhimuci, We've seen it before, Gucci. Yeah, but how do you protect your peace though?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Like you, because there has to be times where you feel like the walls are just caving in because it's so much and it's so personal for you.
Speaker 18: Honestly, I during the moment, I'm kind of like stressed out.
Speaker 17: I'm a prayer warrior.
Speaker 18: I just pray, and once he starts getting better, honestly, I'm okay. And he doesn't stay sick long like I said, it takes fourteen days to get him back, and after like day three, he's already come into his senses. But those deep episodes won't happen ever. Again, we're in twenty five, so the last one was five years ago. He had a mild one coming maybe two years ago, and I caught it. So now I catch them before they come, and like people be saying stuff about him, like, oh, he's sawft, he's thisy that the madman is still there. So I try my best. I don't want them to provoke him because it will come back. Yeah, and he's very dangerous, So y'all listen, please leave him alone because the mad Max.
Speaker 17: Is still in the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I when I saw young thugs say that, I was just like, man, you know thug is just young, Yeah, ain't he's just grown grown.
Speaker 13: I thought it was hearing you talk about why you called young thugs so quick when he dropped the miss my dogs because you understood what that apology like you were there. I thought that was like, really, it was really great to hear. What was y'all conversation?
Speaker 5: Like I didn't call him, I just forget I just him saying I forgive Oh so y'all didn't actually never talk. Oh wow, so he found out you forgive him on that interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Has he reached out to you since the interview?
Speaker 6: To be honest, he was like he hit me, like let's let's let's talk. But I didn't really want to talk. But I do forgive him. I just didn't want to talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand. I'm the saying where I can forgive you, but still there's certain times I just I just don't need.
Speaker 18: That time.
Speaker 1: Do you mind being the OGI? And the reason I say that is is you look at it and you see everything that Atlanta is going through. Gucci is that one person that can stop it? Or I think because every artist in Atlanta respects you, do you do you mind that that label as the OGI that can do that? Or you just say, you know what I do?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like I've been in the game twenty years from now, so like I embraced that. You know, I'm not the high artists trying to drop off, you know, the hottest single every year and do all that. You know, I want to be the person that they can come to and talk to.
Speaker 1: Would you want to do that with everything that's going on in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I would. I would.
Speaker 6: I feel like if they would come to me, but they don't want to come. I feel like people don't come to me for advice because it's like even with my own artists, it's like a lot of them, you know, don't come to me because it's like talking to your dad. I ain't got nothing but positive to say. I'm trying to lead by example and I'm gonna tell you, like you shouldn't do this, you shouldn't. So they don't even want to talk to me.
Speaker 1: They would, they'd love to talk to old Gucci, want to.
Speaker 6: I want to talk to Guca. Ain't really gotten that going on. He go to sleep at eight thirty, Like you know, not.
Speaker 2: What emotional release did? Did writing this book give you that music?
Speaker 6: Because so I'm more proud of this book than I'm probably in the album I ever put out, because, like you said, it's kind of like talking about stuff that I used to be kind of like I had a stigma of you know what I'm saying, you got mental health? You crazy. It's like I used to be embarrassed about some of these situations, and I didn't used to want to talk about it. But now I'm confident in talking about it because I know that I can help somebody else. And it's like I don't even feel I don't feel no shame no more.
Speaker 13: And the conversations that you've been having recently, you know, have you begin to help people in that space where you're like, yo, I.
Speaker 6: Did it, like everybody people. I did a book signing in Atlanta and a lot of folks are coming up to me saying, hey, you know, thank you for this book. I've been sober eight years, or thank you for this book. You know I got bipolar. Thank you for this book, my friend. You know what I'm saying, be going through episodes like I was getting a lot of it, and it felt good to feel that love. You know what I'm saying, It really did.
Speaker 1: Are you still surprised about the love? I heard you say something. You were in Miami do the book Sartning and you were surprised about that. How many people came up to me and asked for an autograph for your book. But then I'm thinking about it, I'm like, you just did South Carolina Cone coming that with so loud.
Speaker 6: You just did this show that was so loud, so like it's different when they come up like with that book. I don't know why, but it's like the book signing saying when they saying about your book, you know, I've been rocking with you, said I was in junior high. You know, you got me through college. Like it just the energy, it was like it made me feel good. I ain't felt that in a long time, you know, like touching the people, shaking their hand, taking the selfie with them. It's like when you do that at about two three hundred people and they're telling you that you can't do nothing but feel good.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm said. You're like a mythical figure into a whole generation. You got sexy Red calling yourself the female Gucci man. South Carolina State, them kids asked for you. Yeah, like I've seen the list. I'm like, I don't even know who that is. It was about five. I'm like, I don't know who these people are, but they're like, oh, Gucci man, I know Gucci, Like they wanted you at South Carolina.
Speaker 2: How did that make you feel on the whole generation? And how that feel good?
Speaker 6: I feel good when I go through this. I've been doing a lot of college. I do Norfolk State on Tuesday, but every time I go to the college in there, like the kids know all the words. You know what I'm saying. The nineteen years old like, bro, you still touching people nineteen years old? They know this song. They singing songs that came out of two thousand and five, two thousand and sixs how old were out there? So that feel good?
Speaker 3: I make you feel keys you when you see Sexy Red callsself the female Gucci, I love it.
Speaker 18: I love when younger artists pay homage to him, like I be in the background, like when people don't pay homage to him or true respect, I be mad.
Speaker 17: He don't get mad or whatever.
Speaker 18: But I watch everything online and I analyze it, and if anybody go against him, I'm going against them too.
Speaker 13: I was going to ask does the book because you said, you know, seeing people come up to you with the book, it's like a great feeling for you.
Speaker 8: Does the book make you feel like a superhero versus like music didn't?
Speaker 13: Because we talked about like our og like rappers being like superhero sis, which a lot of people I feel like they look at you that way.
Speaker 6: I'm super proud of being the author. You know what I'm saying. I read a lot of books.
Speaker 2: I read.
Speaker 6: People just don't know it about me, But I read a ton of books. You know what I'm saying. I probably read two three books a month.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Big Malcolm glad Wolf, a huge.
Speaker 6: Big mocol Glad Weell fan. You know what I'm saying. He just did a book frange at the type of point that I read that I love. You know, but I'm proud of being an author because I love books and so it's like it's a different thing to being a rapper. You know what I'm saying. I want to make some more books. I like being a prolific author. I'm trying to have more books than Charlemagne. Yeah, I got three yet I want to see write a book.
Speaker 3: I really do, because I'm telling you, people who have to deal with those of us with mental health issues don't tell their stories enough.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think it's harder being me than him going through an episode because it's scary, like like we had a condo when we were on like the Penthouse, and I'm like, is he gonna jump?
Speaker 17: Is the voice gonna tell him to jump?
Speaker 18: Like that's the scary part, not me being scared of him hurting me so like during episodes, I make sure no one is around him with guns, knives, high buildings. But he wouldn't leave that. That's where I had to kidnap him from. He would not leave there. He wouldn't come to the house. And I'm like, I had to get like a babysitter for him because he hated me different episodes. He hate different people that if you have an episode where he hates me, that's a problem.
Speaker 17: He hated me. He wouldn't come home.
Speaker 18: He got the damn balcony, and I'm like, is the voice gonna tell him? I can't sleep at night?
Speaker 17: I have to what is he doing?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 17: Did he eat today?
Speaker 18: Like I have to play games with his friends from Atlanta who he want to be with. And and then I'm like, don't give him any wee throw it in the garbage.
Speaker 17: They called me back. Oh he needs beat. I gave him weet today. I said, no, you didn't, you know, like stuff like that. It's hard.
Speaker 18: It's so so, so so stressful, like you want to cry. And I cannot read that book. It's too sad, it's too much for me. It's too I don't read it.
Speaker 17: I read probably like three pages and I had to quit.
Speaker 2: What about you to relive all of it all night.
Speaker 3: A minute.
Speaker 6: My autobigraphy almost made me cry, and this book almost made me cry, almost made him cry.
Speaker 18: I book was putting himrough an episode that I called.
Speaker 17: It at day one.
Speaker 2: So revisiting the trauma, yes, it puts him back.
Speaker 6: Bro, I can't lie, especially the best Alabama part, Like damn, that take me back down?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like then I started thinking about you know, when I was young, my granddad and my mom, like, damn, we was poor. And I'm like, I don't I don't think about that no more. You know what I'm saying? That was like I know it was poor, but like that not well when you go back to think about it, Damn, man, the racist ad time poor as hell, you know, staying with my granddady, me and my mom, my brother's like we ain't have we have?
Speaker 3: So how do you protect yourself while revisiting that trumpa and on a press run and how do you how do you protect well?
Speaker 17: The press run doesn't bother him.
Speaker 18: It's just like when he was writing the book, because he has to keep saying these things over and over and over.
Speaker 17: And actually this was my idea.
Speaker 18: I was like, you need to do a movie called episode and let people know what's going on. I said, I can tell you everything you've done through your episodes because he doesn't remember.
Speaker 17: And I was telling him how to make the movie.
Speaker 18: And that's how that's how we started the book, because she told me to make a movie as soon as you have the episode.
Speaker 17: I was like, this, people need to see that.
Speaker 2: We all married the beautiful black woman. But I want Gucci. You tell me how important is it to have a good woman.
Speaker 6: Man, It's the most important thing you can have, the best decision you can make. My best decision ever was to marry her and be with her.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 6: I got somebody to you know, whole mail accountable, and I got somebody you know, watch TV with. Sometimes that's all you want to do, cheer bro. I'm kind of like, I don't really need a lot.
Speaker 18: Like we're just like best friends and we just home just chilling and we everything we do we have it in common, like the same food, the same shows.
Speaker 8: We both.
Speaker 14: Like to just go to.
Speaker 3: If you could redefine what it means to be real in hip hop culture, what new code would you give that this new generation?
Speaker 6: Man, I let them know, like they talking about their hood, but the best hood is fatherhood. That's that's what I'm most proud of. You know what I'm saying. I love I love being called dad. You know, I love being a present dad. That's like I didn't even know that it was. There's so much joy and raising kids that it is. But you know what I'm saying, like raising the family has changed me. It has changed for the better.
Speaker 1: I always want to say the biggest thing that made me so happy. When you see Gucci talking about his kids, I don't know if you see the smile on his start smile, start grinning, he like, I can't wait to get back and get to my.
Speaker 17: Like that is the biggest thing him right now, He'll.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like a.
Speaker 2: Generational curse breaker?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I know. My little boy, he gonna inherit all this, he got so much, he so turned up your trust.
Speaker 1: Fun baby, ain't nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 6: You know he said it with a smile. That's right.
Speaker 3: Go get episodes right now and Diary of a mad Man. This is there's some books that are good. This is good, but it's also important, man.
Speaker 6: It's important my album today too, shall.
Speaker 2: Man, that's episode. I didn't even get that album.
Speaker 1: I didn't get what you want to left album voices voices. It's Gucci man, thank you so much for joining us. You used to listen to the Breakfast Live in the morning when you work. I don't know if you still do, but you gotta compassion.
Speaker 6: I listen to y'all every day before I go to the gym, and not my favorite part is positive.
Speaker 1: Know today there we go.
Speaker 17: He loves that you're positive.
Speaker 6: So as I'm going to the gym, we are on the gym, we listen to y'all. But it's like the Positive to Day. I ain't stopped. Let me hear what he's saying.
Speaker 1: That's what it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Damn, it's I mean, trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 7: No more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 1: Days called Donkey of to Day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Damn Charlamagne, who.
Speaker 1: Got the donkey out of Day today? Wow?
Speaker 2: Just Hillary, it's Donkey today.
Speaker 3: From Monday, October twentieth goes to a twenty one year old Ohio man named Jonathan Morris. Jonathan is locked up right now because he decided to seek vengeance after being fired.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many.
Speaker 3: People out there have been fired and wanted to seek revenge for said firing. Well, Jonathan Morris lived out your wildness dreams and now his dumb ass is in jail for it. Let's go to Fox nineteen now for the report police.
Speaker 15: Breaking this morning. At the Alert desk, A man is dead after a shooting outside this Taco Bell in Queensgate. This is video from that scene at the restaurant on Guest Street. Cincinnati Police say they first got that call around midnight saying someone shot an employee in the parking lot of that Taco Bell. When officers arrived, they declared the victim dead at the scene. We're told police did not make any arrests or find a weapon right now, they are currently investigating and finding surveillance video from the restaurant at this hour.
Speaker 3: Jonathan, Johnny, John John, I shouldn't have to tell you that this wasn't the way to handle any of this.
Speaker 2: Okay. Look, we've all been fired in life.
Speaker 3: I've been fired seven times total, four times from radio stations. The others were a clothing store that used to exist in them all called Demo. I was fired from a warehouse called Industrial Acoustic Company, and I was fired by my sister from guess where Taco Bell? Yes, my sister was the manager, and she fired me rightfully.
Speaker 2: So, okay, I was late. That's not funny. It is. It is funny, but it is that, you know what I'm saying. I was fired rightfully, so I was late, not doing what I was supposed to be doing. It happens.
Speaker 3: But now once did I think about reacting to any of those firings the way Jonathan Morris did. Okay, I just don't understand the rapid escalation. You fired one day then allegedly commit murder the next. There had to be some type of serious mental breakdown. He had to have a problem with his manager prior. Because ain't no way, Jonathan, You're twenty one years old. I can guarantee you that Taco Bell was not going to be where you peaked in life.
Speaker 2: Okay, it just wasn't. You went to Taco Bell a day after being fired from there to kill the manager.
Speaker 3: I looked it up, man, Okay, Taco Bell in Ohio pay than the average of about thirteen dollars and thirty three cents per hour. So you were about to spend the rest of your life in a maximum security prison for minimum wage.
Speaker 2: And the news report said the manager was just trying to help.
Speaker 6: That's what I read.
Speaker 3: Okay, I bet you the manager and rest in peace to the manager. Ryan Johnson sending his family healing energy. Ryan Johnson was just trying to help. He probably engaged Jonathan in conversation. He probably was making an effort to resolve something, probably trying to tell him like, bruh, this ain't that serious. Okay, you got fired from here, you got a whole life to live. But now he's dead because this young man simply couldn't handle his emotions. Another permanent decision made from temporary feelings. Listen, I promise you, youngest man. I know things be feeling like the end of the world when bad things happen. But if it's one thing that I have learned in my forties even years on this planet, is that trouble don't last always. Okay, this two shall pass, and my brother, fast food is not a fortune five hundred company fortune five hundred companies ain't worth you killing nobody over but definitely fast food, ain't okay? I promise you that you could have gotten another fast food job if you wanted one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You may have felt humiliated or wronged in the moment. You might have felt like it was unfair. You may have felt powerless, but McDonald's was right up the street. Okay, So is a Chick for l A? Well, you're definitely not nice enough to work and no Chick fil A, But there's a coust Junius. I don't know if Crystal is in Ohio, but my point is there was other fast food jobs to be got. Okay, you can get another fast food job where Ryan Johnson sadly can't get another life, not here in this dimension anyway, and you, Jonathan can't get back what you are about to lose, which is a life of freedom. Workplace conduct plus emotional discress plus access to firearms can lead to irreversible tragedies like this one. Please give Jonathan Morris the biggest he huh, All that for a crunch?
Speaker 2: Rap supreme? That's crazy? All that for a cheesy GRDA crunch. Really, we're race, We'll race.
Speaker 8: What's his name?
Speaker 2: His name was Jonathan Morris? You won't see him. You know what race? You know, we don't know what a race. Don't just assume. Okay, Morris, y'all want to play a game. A game. I don't want to play a game. Somebody died.
Speaker 3: I do have a question, jess right, what race y'all think he is? Thoughcause I want to know. I don't wont know how.
Speaker 2: Racist y'all are?
Speaker 19: You go for?
Speaker 1: Black?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Black?
Speaker 2: Why do y'all think that? I don't know? Yeah, I don't even.
Speaker 1: But but let me ask you a question. Yes, that's Charlamage while he got five from Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you senstify? You said you was late, but why did you want? I mean, I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: It was late all the time. I don't remember sneak at a learn.
Speaker 2: Only work frot of all. I don't be late here. Stop backing like I be late here all the god damn. I been working for fifteen years. My track record is very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I've worked with people who were extremely late all the time. All right, okay, my track record is very very good.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all right, well now when we come back, you got a chance to chop it up with former president former Vice president Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, Kamala Harris has an amazing book out called one hundred and seven Days. If Democrats get out their feelings, I think it can you know, help them to have some courage to tell the truth about their own party. All right, and I think that can help them, you know, moving into the future. But we were in Birmingham, Alabama on Friday, and we had a couple of conversations. We had a five o'clock conversation and an eight o'clock conversation. Both of them were different. So we're gonna get pieces of both of them all for you this morning. All right, we'll get into that next. It's The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ NV, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, Charlamagne chapped it up with The Birthday Woman. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So we was in Birmingham, Alabama on Friday. You know, her book is out one hundred and seven days. It's been number one on the New York Times Bestsellers list for weeks and so, yeah, we had a couple of conversations. You know, we had a five o'clock conversation in an eight o'clock conversation.
Speaker 2: So I don't know which one we're getting on for you this morning. It might be a combination of both.
Speaker 1: It is, it's the breakfast Club, good morning.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Loved one hundred and seven days, And the reason.
Speaker 3: I loved one hundred and seven days is because I just love honesty, you know, And it felt like, you know, you you got a lot off of your chest, a lot of things that you've been wanting to say. But I guess I couldn't say you decided to say in the book, do you do you?
Speaker 2: We cannot hear you. You don't know what you say.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like the Democratic Party truly supported your leadership or they just relieved you could study the ship after Biden stepped aside.
Speaker 14: That's a big thing to say the Democratic Party there was what a Biden administration?
Speaker 2: Well, I write about it.
Speaker 14: I write about how I felt about people in the answer.
Speaker 20: But here's the thing.
Speaker 14: If we think about where we are now and moving forward, we've got to have the fight in us and we have to understand that this is not a time for sitting around complaining about, Oh they're cheating, they're just not fair, they're not playing by the rules.
Speaker 20: We need to fight fire with fire.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 6: We need to fight fire with fire.
Speaker 14: So when I look at where the Democratic Party is today, that's what I applaud those who are understanding that this is not a time to try and be the ones who are holding up the standard when they are stealing our We will not compromise our values or principles. These things can coexist where we have our principles and our values, but we know how to roll up our sleeves and throw a punch and stead.
Speaker 20: Just taking a punch her.
Speaker 3: Now, another thing I want to talk about, Like we've all seen the clips of people interrupting you at these book events, right, please, nobody do that tonight, all right?
Speaker 2: And it always makes me wonder if they've.
Speaker 3: Read the book, like the people who are in supportive Paloss and have they actually read the book because in the book you call Biden's comments on Gaza inadequate and forced.
Speaker 2: What word would you use to describe the administration's role in that moment?
Speaker 14: I firmly believe we could have done more. We had a certain level of leverage that we did not exercise. Whether it was about what we did in terms of support, applying support at what level?
Speaker 8: It about?
Speaker 14: What about speaking publicly about what we knew to be wrong. I think we could have done more and and should have.
Speaker 2: Did Did you ever feel complicit in decisions that's right?
Speaker 3: Did did you ever feel complicit in decisions that went against your conscience?
Speaker 14: I the people in the administration were very clear about how it felt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wrote, you wrote that Net and Yahoo wanted Trump in de seat across from him, not you, not Joe. So what do you think that says about how foreign leaders really view, you know, the current administration and the Biden administration.
Speaker 14: I think ye And I again, for the sake of repetition, I I predicted it, and it's exactly what we're saying. I I said on the debate stage, they one are laughing at us. If you look at it in the context of again, a disgraceful speech that the president gave before the United Nations, he did it when he was president the first time, and again was disgraceful. You look at it in terms of the whole flattery or favor he accepted a plane the President of the United States from a foreign government.
Speaker 20: Remember we all learned.
Speaker 14: Back in the day, what is a trojan horse. Some people might call it a jet plane. I'd call it a trojan horse. And let me tell you something. I spent four years flying around the world on Air Force two and taking very important, highly classified meetings with the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of.
Speaker 20: State, generals, and others in an environment.
Speaker 14: On that plane that was highly protected for those classified conversations. Because you can only imagine how much foreign governments want to have access to our classified information which we possess in the best interest of.
Speaker 20: Our national security.
Speaker 14: And this man wants a big plane so bad because you know, his plane is not that big, that Trump plane, and he wants it so he can have it when he's out of office. They talk about giving it to the library. You know who's going to be flying around on that plane. And this is on top of remember early on they were.
Speaker 20: Using Signal Charlemagne to plan out war plans.
Speaker 14: We would get ourselves out of in the middle of the night, all of us wherever we were to go to what it was called what is called a skiff, which is a secure facility, or go to the situation room to have those conversations.
Speaker 20: These people are so lazy.
Speaker 14: That they're sending back texting each other about war plans, and then so dumb to not know.
Speaker 20: A reporter as in the tax chain.
Speaker 14: With our national security interests at stake, And if it weren't so incredibly harmful.
Speaker 20: It would be the thing of a great comedy sketch.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will be in you.
Speaker 20: But it's ext And this.
Speaker 21: Is the thing about having people who don't fully appreciate the strength and power and therefore solemn responsibility that comes with these positions, that it.
Speaker 8: Is not about them, It is about you, It is about us.
Speaker 20: It is about we the people.
Speaker 7: And that is what is so tragic.
Speaker 14: Put aside personalities, put aside egos or lack thereof, the matters that we are discussing are such a grave and important nature that to have people who do not understand the that they possess the power in the public trust and to instead be convinced of their personal entitlement, it's so incredibly dangerous to who we are as a country.
Speaker 20: Well, let's save each other.
Speaker 14: That we're here to save each other.
Speaker 2: Are you going to take time to enjoy yourself on your upcoming birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know right about.
Speaker 20: If my birthday's coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dove knows that it's time, right. But I know in the book you kind of God last year.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I tell a story about I love my husband so much. I loved my husband so much. I loved my Dougie so much. But yeah, that was not a good birthday.
Speaker 2: You got triggered just now just thinking about it.
Speaker 14: Okay, what happened was so?
Speaker 8: What happened was this?
Speaker 20: So my birthday is October twenty.
Speaker 14: So we were, as you can imagine, knee need deep in the campaign, and Doug and I, Doug my husband and I, we had basically, you know, like so many of our families, we had you know, split up to everybody being somewhere that we needed to be, and our teams had conspired so lovingly that he and I would end up in the same place the night of my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 20: You're gonna ask me, did Doug plan a dinner?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I read the book.
Speaker 20: I know he didn't.
Speaker 14: So then it came time for the birthday gift. I opened the gift. The gift was a necklace that it was engraved. It was not October twentieth, It was the date of our anniversary, because Doug clearly thought he was going to get a twofer with that one gift.
Speaker 2: Need you to do better this year, Doug?
Speaker 14: Okay, fourth, they hid it and he was so and it was it was leading up to the World Series, and so we had had we had dinner and which I selected, and and we had a little cupcake and I blew out the candle and I was done. And so I went to go take a bath because it actually during the campaign, and I highly suggest it for anybody who has a bathtub that it is a really wonderful way to distressed at the.
Speaker 8: End of the day, with salt, Yes, with ebs, salt with eb some salt. Right, So I went to go take a bath.
Speaker 14: Doug was watching the baseball game, and then I realized in this hotel and they had it was a nice little suite they got us for that night, and the towels were on the other side of the bathroom. So of course I'm vice president running for president of the United States. So I had my phone next to the bathtub, and but first I just called out to.
Speaker 20: My husband dougie.
Speaker 7: Nothing.
Speaker 14: Then I went to Doug calling him out, Doug nothing, and then it's real serious when I go Douglas.
Speaker 20: So I picked up the phone to call him. He didn't answer, So then.
Speaker 14: I FaceTime audio him. Here's how he answered, what's up?
Speaker 8: And that was it.
Speaker 17: And so we got into it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Rightfully so.
Speaker 14: And but here's the thing about my husband and about that moment. We all, in our relationships, in whatever form you have, go through stressful moments and go through you know what life brings. There are joy and there is also stress. And my husband said to me at that moment, he looked at me and he.
Speaker 20: Just poured cold water on the.
Speaker 14: Heat of that moment. And he looked at me and he said, we cannot turn on each other.
Speaker 20: And it was so poignant.
Speaker 14: And you know, I tell a few stories like that about just what this was because Charlemagne. In many ways, I just I wanted to write this book to also just lift the hood on what happens behind the scenes in every way. I think there's so much about I mean, obviously the office of president is and it affects the entire globe, but there's so much about the process that's very opaque that people unless you've been personally involved at a very close level, you don't really have a sense of and I wanted to help people have a sense of it in a way that I hope helps people see where they could fit in or be involved or a part of it, and feel a sense of understanding what it all involves, so that we can all participate in an active way.
Speaker 3: You know, in the book you write about democracy being fragile, and we see that happening right now.
Speaker 2: Do you still believe the system can fix yourself from the inside?
Speaker 14: No, not necessarily.
Speaker 20: Okay, it pains me to say that.
Speaker 14: When I decided to become a prosecutor, I had to defend that decision with my family. They were not down with that decision, so many of them. And I said, look, why is it that we are always thinking that for systems that need change or reform, that we have to be on the outside on ben de knee or trying to break down the door to get that improvement done. I said, shouldn't we also think about being on the inside of the system as a way to have an impact. And I have believed that, and I've seen the benefit of that my entire career.
Speaker 20: But to be very candid. I perhaps naively thought.
Speaker 14: The system would be stronger in this moment.
Speaker 8: Then it's been.
Speaker 14: And I think that without any question, the destruction caused by this administration in this moment and the debris that will be left is going to require some serious work, and it will need to be without nostalgia about how things were, knowing that there was a lot that was not working so well, and there was a lot that was working well, to be sure, and the people inside, these career people who have been there doing incredible God's work must be applauded always. But the structure and the way we have designed some of these systems has turned out to be quite flawed. So the change that we want and the improvement that we're going to need, some of it will be from inside the system, but I think a lot of it is going to be because of the pressure that the people put to say, this is how.
Speaker 20: I want my government to work for me.
Speaker 14: I think that's and I think that perhaps in this moment of crisis, it is going to one of the maybe opportunities in this moment of severe crisis is that when we have to then start figuring out how we're going to deal with the debris and the cleanup that it gives us an opportunity to reimagine some of these systems to make them more effective and responsive to the needs of the people.
Speaker 3: Well, if one hundred and seven days was your closure for one chapter, what's the new one you're ready to open?
Speaker 2: Are you going to be part of that cleanup? Are you going to be out there intershot you?
Speaker 14: You know it is my nature to serve. I'm not going to stop serving, but right now my focus is on winning, and so I'm going to be doing work on behalf of folks in the mid terms. There are two important governor's races happening in the country right now, which we should focus on in New Jersey and Virginia.
Speaker 20: There's the local work.
Speaker 14: That's happening, and that's going to be my focus. We have to win on everything, and it's about not only elections, but around this this war on disinformation and also just lifting up the ability of us as Americans to trust each other. There's a lot of work to be done, and I'm in it and I'm here for the fight.
Speaker 1: That was Charlemagne's conversation with former Vice President Kamala Harris. Now, when we come back. We got the latest with Lawrence. You don't go anywhere. It's to the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: The morning, the breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club, Happy, happy, happy, monefe Life is great.
Speaker 1: God is good.
Speaker 2: God is great. Life is good. God is great. God everything is great. It really is, though it is, of course it is.
Speaker 1: And let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren to come on a straight fast.
Speaker 1: She gets them somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 8: I'm no long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on the large The Latest with Lauren la Rosa. Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit every time. The leader on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: All right, So stephen A.
Speaker 13: Smith is talking more about Lebron James. He sat down with the guys over at the Pivot and he talked about Lebron James and he says, Lebron James doesn't go at white people the same way he does black analysts.
Speaker 8: That's sick a listing.
Speaker 2: You ever see Lebron got the white boy? It's called what it come at me? Close as you have a kid.
Speaker 1: That first for yourself, plead again.
Speaker 22: I'm sorry you ever see Lebron got the white boy called what you see you, Shawna, come at me close as you have A came to see him do something like that when he called out Brian Wenthors.
Speaker 1: What you're calling not Brian Windhors, for the man covered you since junior.
Speaker 22: High school and has praised you repeatedly, and you used the Pat McAfee situation to go at him. And that's the only time you ever see Lebron James, you know, really go at somebody white.
Speaker 2: I'm calling what it is. When I did my monologue.
Speaker 22: For seventeen to have eighteen minutes the day after he decided to go on Pat McAfee's show. Immediately after, I was informed that we won't be hearing more from him about me. That's what I thought, because I got receipts. I pride myself on being a fair minded individual, being professional, but I'm also a proud black man, and I know not only what I've done, what I've tried to do for black men in our industry. I'm gonna have to call you out sometimes, but you know why I'm calling you out because there's a whole bunch of other black people I got to look out for, and they can't make the same everage you just made because if they did it, were ruin their life. And I need to use you as that example because I got a bigger vision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an interesting take.
Speaker 3: But what I would say, you know, bigger than going at I guess white sports pundits. Like we've seen Lebron James be a voice for social justice, you know, in a in a racially divided country, like we've seen him do that a lot. We've seen him position himself, you know, throughout his throughout his.
Speaker 2: Career as a leader on those type of issues.
Speaker 3: And you know, somebody of his statue don't have to speak out against a lot of the things that Lebron has spoken out against. So I mean, you know, saying he went up, he never went at a white sports pundit. I don't know if that's even true or not. But I've seen him stand up against white supremacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it's I think it's a different line. Yeah, we see Lebron stand up for for a lot of social rights, but a lot of Yeah, a lot of people do feel like when it comes to not said ish.
Speaker 6: You said, he said, I thought you said it to.
Speaker 2: You said it.
Speaker 3: I need you to share, but no, I mean no, Lebron has used his platform to speak on political and socialists. He's he's he's done things like, you know, mobilized black voters. He's fought against voters and fresh and in response, you know, to the death of George Floyd, like I've seen Lebron James stand up speak on issues, especially in re guards to race that he doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: At his level. Yes, I like that more than going at you know, a white sports But I guess he's.
Speaker 1: Saying, if you're gonna go at me, go at everybody the same. I guess that's that Stephen Smiths.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying both they're not created equally. I don't I don't know if.
Speaker 3: He's ever got Brian Windhoord is the example that I would use, because that's the latest one that's in my mind. I don't know who historically. I'm sure he's probably clapped that Skip baalist.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I really do not know.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying standing up for social justice issues and standing up for your race and regards and stuff like that is bigger than me, and it's a lot more to lose doing that than it is going at a sports aintle.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. So I don't know what Stephen was trying to get at with that.
Speaker 13: Gotcha, that was the shut up in dribble. I mean he didn't like go at her, but the whole number and the whole shut up and dribble thing too. Like I'm sure he has some things to say about.
Speaker 2: That, but that's why the lady.
Speaker 3: The lady told him that because of the stands he takes for his on race issues and social justice issues.
Speaker 1: Because George Floyd that was I.
Speaker 2: Don't remember what that was for. I just remember that's why they told him to shut up and dribble.
Speaker 13: That's why, well else Elsewhearing the interview, Stephen A does say that to MV to your point that you know he there was a lot of times where he didn't speak on Bronnie and Lebron and he actually like clapped for them because he felt like lebron was getting what he deserved because he does so much for the league. But I think he feels like you took your time to come for me and everybody else. But I mean the Steven A. Smith too, So if you're gonna come for somebody, you want to go where the voice is like if everybody listens to stephen A.
Speaker 8: So I kind of understand that as well.
Speaker 13: But he also talked about the Serena Williams Alexis Orhani moment as well. He says, if he was in the studio, it would have went down different. Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 22: Let's go to that Alexis Ohany and Serena Williams husband.
Speaker 2: It would have been a entirely different situation if I were in the studio.
Speaker 22: Don't think for one second and I'm gonna let some petty spat get in the way of my money. All I was saying was, as men, if I'm married and my wife got the energy and the fervor to show up on Super Bowl Sunday and go out on stage, specifically to dance off of a song that's disrespecting her ax, my question would be, what's that energy about. That's all I was saying. I was speaking generically. He clearly took it differently, and to his face. I would have said to him what I just said to y'all, and I would say, but that you took it differently. I owned that, and I apologize you because I meant no disrespect, but I wasn't gonna make a big deal of it. But if I was face to face and he had come at me that way, I would have simply said, sir, I didn't mean it that way, but do you really want me to take it there?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: You got to go back, Alexis, Alexis, you got to go back because I want to see.
Speaker 6: Let this die.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't want to see, don't want to see.
Speaker 1: You're not doing it well.
Speaker 3: I want to say he.
Speaker 1: Didn't even have the full energy through YouTube. Alexis what's his name? Alex was name?
Speaker 2: Not going to have the same energy balls and Steve Steven the one that got.
Speaker 5: The fact that whether alex Is gonna have an energy and oh my bad, Alexis exactly it's not even the fact whether he's gonna have the energy or not. It's the fact that will he have the same energy to y'all. It's his energy going to be good enough for y'all, because it wasn't good enough for y'all when he came up there and said something that's not true.
Speaker 3: Les would have said exactly what he said to Steven a to face the face, giving.
Speaker 2: That's not what he said is this that he didn't say it to his face. I thought I made that perfectly clear.
Speaker 1: I thought he should have been more directed. I didn't like talking about, you know, relationship and marricasarned to make billion dollar companies.
Speaker 2: I was kind of confused.
Speaker 3: Now that was a flexcasion, so me for me, it's just about to face to face in But now the balls in Stephen's court, okay, because I need to see what they react faith, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I want to say one last thing.
Speaker 3: The reason I always give Lebron James props for what he does in social justice and standing up for racial issues is because of the fact that people like Jordan, Michael Jordan were always criticized for not doing that, you know, because he didn't want to lose endorsements, so I didn't want to lose fans. Lebron don't eem to care about that. He never seem to care about that. So I respect that more than just you know, going at a white sports anker. The latest with Lauren, yeah you had another one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jack and forth. She even got her exes mad.
Speaker 2: She said which one? Which one?
Speaker 3: This is?
Speaker 8: This is the one that was with her right.
Speaker 13: Before she did Selena, and this is the one that used to claim that because Diddy came around their relationship, their marriage ended.
Speaker 2: I would like the record to show that I never heard of this man.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, noah, guys, when.
Speaker 2: I think of j Ox's he's never I don't even know who this is.
Speaker 1: Was only married for eleven She was married for a hot time. He had a lot to say. It was eleven years.
Speaker 2: Oh so he like Chris Humphreys, and Chris Humphreys was way more popping than them.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. All right, now when we come back, we got the People's choice mixed. Happy Birthday, Snoop Dog. We're gonna play some Snoop in the mix, and of course some Gucci because he was there early. It's the Breakfast Lubve good morning. Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy, we are the Breakfast Club, Sluta, Gucci Maine.
Speaker 2: For joining us this morning. Man, it's Lutha Gucci. I'm not even joking when I say this.
Speaker 3: His new book, Episodes Diary of Recovering mad Man is a very very important book because there's not too many people, especially artists, who are willing to admit that they were clinically diagnosed with bipolaris schizophrenia. They had super drug addiction, he was on lean, he was on pills purpose at all of that stuff like that, and a lot of that irrational behavior we saw from them, the Twitter rans going at people. It was because of that man. You know how how great the world would be if so many other people would admit.
Speaker 8: That for sure, And the fact that he had a wife there to help him every step of the way.
Speaker 1: She never left them alone.
Speaker 3: You know what, Luther, He's just really the hero and all of this because Gucci don't really have anybody else that closes. If you get the book, he'll explain to you why he don't really have a relationship with his mom. God bless it because his mom is no longer here. But I'm telling you it's a really really good read.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the glue that held it all together.
Speaker 2: So why would you want anything other than a black woman?
Speaker 3: No disrespect that you know anybody who has something else other than a black woman.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I I'm all for love.
Speaker 1: Love is love, love who you want to love.
Speaker 2: But why, I just want to know why you would want you know, that's all.
Speaker 7: That's all.
Speaker 2: I want to know why you were?
Speaker 3: Why why especially as a black man. You know what I'm saying, and I believe that, you know what, whatever, I don't even feel like explaining. I just I like black love and watching Gucci and Keisha, seeing stunning Mona Leo. You know, thinking to me and my wife, if you got a black woman even though he's Dominican.
Speaker 1: And then I'm black, but yes I'm black.
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 2: Having a black woman.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: For having a black woman.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: Gucci said he listens to the positive note every morning, So what you got this morning?
Speaker 3: Actually the positive note comes from Gucci man because Gucci said something in his book in regards to getting help, and he said, you know, the only person that can help you is yourself when you need it, and I do believe that is absolutely the first step. And this positive note comes from see Joy bell se She once said, the only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not gonna let myself pull.
Speaker 2: Me down anymore. You heard what I just said.
Speaker 3: The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.
Speaker 6: Breakfast club bitches, you don't finished or y'all done.