Speaker 1: Hello, Andrea, you Henny When Hindy, I.
Speaker 2: Always feel like missus doubtfire when I say that, yes, Henny.
Speaker 1: It was a drive by fruiting or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fun. Oh man, I am still ride and high from all these great interviews that we've been doing. It's so special to get to talk to all the people from our full house past and get to ask them all the questions we don't normally talk about, you know, like we don't normally talk about people's backgrounds or right.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, all these people that we've got to ask questions. It's you know, when you know these people your whole life, like some of those things you don't ask, you know, interview style, Hey, so tell me about you know. Yeah, but it's so much fun to get to learn all this stuff. We were surrounded by so many, so many amazing people, I mean, cast crew, teachers. But it's just really really neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had no idea back in nineteen eighty eight just how lucky we were, right, and not all jobs are like this, no, And we were surrounded by so many great people.
Speaker 1: Truly, we were kind of spoiled. We really weren't spoiled. Yeah, I know, we're just look at us basking in the glow.
Speaker 2: I know I do. I feel like I have a glow, a glow about me.
Speaker 1: I think I just have my heater on too high. There we go. Yeah, it's like burning my legs.
Speaker 2: Oh oh goodness.
Speaker 1: So this next episode I have to be honest. Oh okay, Triple Date. I was concerned. We had we had doubts. We were like, oh no, yes, it is going to be Sea Crews Part two.
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't as bad as Sea Crews. But it was not my favorite.
Speaker 1: Episode, definitely not, definitely not my.
Speaker 2: Favorite, and I could have. As soon as I saw who wrote it, Jeff Franklin, I was like, oh, yeah, of course Jeff Franklin wrote about the Triple Date through the Triple Date, right, because he has experience of that. Well, yeah, he would.
Speaker 1: Say the same thing, you know, you're right, what you know?
Speaker 2: Right, what you know? And he didn't have kids, but so he would write about the day.
Speaker 1: It was, uh, not as bad as I expected, but yeah it was. I had.
Speaker 2: There were some cringe moments, for sure.
Speaker 1: Some cringe moments, but that's I don't know that we've made it through an episode without a moment when we went ooh, you know what I mean. I feel like there's always kind of one which just happens, because you know, thirty someth found years.
Speaker 2: And at least the kids were still heavily involved in this episode. It wasn't like the sea cruise where they sent you off to Grandma's and.
Speaker 1: The kids, right yeah, this was no at least we were like involved in this. You know, if you're happy and you know it, cover your eyes. Yes, yes, that's going to be. That's going to be my motto for the next year, for all of twenty twenty four. If you're happy and you know your eyes I think, yeah, yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Just go through this whole year with our head in the sand.
Speaker 1: If you're sort of not really happy and full of existential streat and you know it, cover your eyes, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's some funny not stunts, but special effects with the bathroom scenes, the water bursting. Oh.
Speaker 1: I had so many memories come back for this one because it was like, yeah, it was one of our you know, our more complicated choreography with water and buckets and you know, ridiculousness.
Speaker 2: It was ambitious, very ambitious, it was, and I cannot wait to talk about it. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Shall get into it, Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to how Rude Tanerto's I Am Andrea Barber and I Am Jodie Sweeten, and today we're discussing Season two, episode eight, titled Triple Date. It originally aired on December ninth, nineteen eighty eight, and it goes a little something like this, dj gets her chance to babysit when Danny sets Joey and Jesse up on a triple date. It was directed by Peter Baldwin and it was written by Jeff Franklin, of course, And we have three guest stars this week, the three ladies that are lucky enough to go on this triple date. We have Rebecca Bush who plays Denise and she appeared in Fraser, The Magical World of Disney and Open House. Okay. Then we have Diane Brody who plays Cheryl and she appeared in La Law as Ghost Woman's Yes.
Speaker 1: Her Only Girl, Yes, one of my favorite of the highlights, one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: And last, but certainly not least, we have Jennifer McAllister who plays Zoe, the very formidable Zoe.
Speaker 1: Right, very yeah, Yes, the very formidable Zoe, and I had to. I was like, Zoe. Oh my gosh, I was so surprised. Yeah, it was your daughter's name is Zoe. So now again full house. I don't know what you doing, but you're like, yeah, I didn't even remember that that I that the name Zoe was ever mentioned.
Speaker 2: Oh, I laughed as they're making fun of Zoe in the in one of the scenes.
Speaker 1: So it's like such a weird They're like, what a weird name? And then in like two thousand and nine it was the number one most popular.
Speaker 2: Bills him, So right, so funny. I know your Zoe is spelled a little bit differently than.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have cursed her with a z o I e in a nod to j O d I e oh. But also Zoe it's a When I looked it up in the book, it was like a more I guess traditional spelling of it, okay, and or it's something sort of unique. So no one will ever have spell her name.
Speaker 2: Correct over the phone. She's going to be spelling it out for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of her life, so right, and B is always like it's not be a trice, it's b be a tricks with an X Y. Yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's all right. Then they'll thank you for that someday. Okay, So we open with the teaser. This is such a funny teaser you are writing Youhanie is riding her tricycle around the living room and Michelle holds my.
Speaker 1: Tricycle or is it Michelle's tricycle, because I do. I'm gonna be honest, I look a little big for the tricycle. This is looks like steph has stolen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I feel like it was already established that you can ride a two wheeler as you can't carry rode through the kitchen in one.
Speaker 1: True, but I wasn't good enough to balance Michelle in the handlebars yet, so we had to have a tricycle where you could step on the thing.
Speaker 2: The joke has to work, so bring in the tricycle.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: So Stephanie is riding someone's tricycle around the living room and Michelle holds her hands out to say stop. Stephanie asks where you're headed, Toots, and Michelle responds kitchen, although it sounds like chicken, chicken, which.
Speaker 1: Was she said chicken, but she meant kitchen. Yeah, and I I mean, well, there's a through line there, there's chicken in the kitchen. Chicken in the kitchen, right, she's thinking about obviously, She's like, it's the cold chicken. That's the cold fried chicken. Room.
Speaker 2: She wants her cold fried chicken. This uncle Jesse taught her. Well, so yeah, she wants chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like chicken.
Speaker 2: So Steph instructs her to hop on. Michelle gets on the bike and Steph starts pedaling, saying that'll be fifty cents please. And I was very impressed at how you or Adria got Michelle to stand on the back of this trike.
Speaker 1: Well, because we used to do that around set. So I'd ride on there, I'd ride on one of their tricycles and they'd hop on the back and we so I'm sure it was something that like we were doing, and you know, Jeff was like, that's cute. Let's ride a teaser.
Speaker 2: Let's teaser. Oh yeah, I could see she was hanging on really tight. She went straight to the back like she was very good in this direction.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, she totally got it. It was definitely something that we would, you know, ride around set.
Speaker 2: And do so and that's the teaser. That's like the short.
Speaker 1: It might be the shortest teaser yet, shortest teaser yet. Yeah, and only fifty cents for the ride, I mean, got it, you know, for for a.
Speaker 2: Six year old to fifty Now, that's you know, a lot. That's a lot of money for a six year old.
Speaker 1: Fifty now though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, at least well dj got got too. Well, she gets two fifty for babysitting in this episode.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, right, that's got to bump up to like fifteen, so you get to figure with inflation, cost of living increases. Yeah, you know, if it's keeping up with that, then she's probably making three dollars because that's about how it goes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we start the main show in the kitchen, Jesse is singing to himself as he folds the laundry at the kitchen table. He holds up two completely different socks and looks at Michelle, who is wearing this fantastic blue the Lore sweatsuit.
Speaker 1: Right, amazing, little onesie.
Speaker 2: Oh so adorable.
Speaker 1: It looked like she'd just woken up from a nap.
Speaker 2: Yes it did.
Speaker 1: She had that hair, yeah, yeah, nap and nap hair.
Speaker 2: Michelle pulls out a sock and holds it up, saying, my sock. Jesse walks towards her and says, all right, where is my sock? Poopy long stockings, and Michelle responds, sock, bye bye, so cute. Danny walks in, singing to all the girls I loved Before he puts some grocery bags down on the counter. He grabs Michelle and sings and leaps all around the kitchen with her, and the audience applauds.
Speaker 1: Why in television shows do people not have handles on their grocery bags. I don't understand this.
Speaker 2: You're right, there's not.
Speaker 1: Carrying this paper bag that has no handles. And I'm sure it's because it looks ugly and it's whatever. It looks better on camera to hey, but there's never any handles. I've never been to a grocery store without handles, that's true. And of course I don't know where everybody's shopping, but everybody on television shops at stores with no handles, and.
Speaker 2: It must be a prop thing. Just like when you open gifts, it's already like pre wrap.
Speaker 1: They hold it rather than hold it, you know.
Speaker 2: And there's always like a baguette sticking out of the bags right.
Speaker 1: And carrots with all of the greenery attached.
Speaker 2: So nobody buys pre cut carrots on sympons. It's always going to have the greenery attached.
Speaker 1: And the bag ad is never wrapped anyway. Just things I've noticed.
Speaker 2: This is the stuff that this is what matters, stuff.
Speaker 1: That bothers may rights important.
Speaker 2: So Danny proclaims life is so beautiful and he announces that he met someone at the market. He tells them her name is Denise. We met in the produce section. She said the broccoli looked fresh today, and I looked deep into her eyes and said, it's a great source of fiber.
Speaker 1: This is how Danny. Words have never been spoken right, other like fiber to really uh yeah, talking about being regular to really get a first date going?
Speaker 2: What an opener? Uh? Then Danny announces that she is coming over for dinner tonight. Jesse is in awe that Danny picked up a woman at the market.
Speaker 1: Aren't we all that a woman agreed to come to some strange man's house that she met at the store for dinner.
Speaker 2: This is not safe, at least in twenty twenty four. This is not safe. You don't go to a stranger's house for a date, much less a triple date. Goodness, Like, they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Scream bringing her friends, So.
Speaker 2: I get, you know whatever, Well okay, but honestly, I'd be like, why can't you take me out to a restaurant, Like, come on, right, there's three of you. You could spring for a nice meal at a restaurant. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got to cook the brocoli that he bought.
Speaker 2: He's got to cook the broccoli. Danny's got to technically be there in case something happens with the girls. Which does happen, so okay, okay. Danny's mentions that there is one little snag. Dennise supposedly had dinner plans with her two single friends, so this prompted Danny to tell her about his two single roommates. Jesse interrupts, whoa, whoa, oh, I do not go on blind dates. Capiche. Our first capiche, Our first.
Speaker 1: Capiche is Yes, this is when he's leaning more into his rat pack era. Yes, this is right. That's how I learned less Elvish more Sinatra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we this is how. This is how I learned capeche from uncle Jesse. I had to look up that word back in nineteen eighties. So yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Well, his mom was Italian, remember she saw the mom His mom's kind of Italian in dad's Greeks. So I'm gonna it's you know.
Speaker 2: So this is tracking this tracking from that. Yeah, Danny begs for Jesse to go. Danny gives him a big hug, while Jesse groans in resentment. He agrees to do it only if Danny will stop hugging him. Danny thanks Joey and Jesse and then tells them that their dates are named Cheryl and Zoe. The guys laugh Zoe. So I was like, what was that old funny? I know, maybe it just wasn't that common it was back in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: So okay, I mean he even makes a Frank Zappa joke, because you know, Frank Zappa would named his kid's moonbeam or oh and I think there was Zoe.
Speaker 2: There was a Zoe Zoe's Yeah, okay. Uh. So Jesse tells Joey, well, Zoe is your date, and Joey questions why, and Jesse lays it out for him. Joey and Zoe you already make a cute couple.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's true. Jesse turns back to the fridge and with a puzzled look on his face, pulls out a frozen, long black sock, which at first I thought was a hockey stick because it was I was like, what is that? Oh, sock?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Jesse walks over to Michelle, who points her finger at Joey and blames him. Joey, she says. Jesse gets real close to Michelle and she gives him a little kiss, and it ends a cute little scene between Jesse and Michelle, so cute.
Speaker 1: Every time I've ever thrown a sock in the freezer, though it never looks like that. I'm just saying it should.
Speaker 2: Be wadded up, you know. And although I guess, I guess, so the audience knows it's a sock. They had to, yeah, make it.
Speaker 1: The joke's gotta work.
Speaker 2: The joke's gotta work. That's all that matters. The joke has to work. Yes. So next we're in the girls room and Danny is telling the girls and mister bhar about his date tonight with Joey and Jesse. He wants the girls to stay with the Gibblers next door. Steph quickly states that she hates going there because all they do is watch the Home Shop being Network.
Speaker 1: M all right, sorry, Kimmy, well Steve, Kimmy has a terrible home figure out. Yeah, I can't figure out what the deal is at the Gibblers, like like she's driving her to school, but also like she doesn't care. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The Gibblers are either very absent or just very weird. Never responsible, Absolutely weird, Yeah, absolutely weird. I think Jeff hadn't quite settled yet on the Gibbler lore of like.
Speaker 1: Exactly just how well strangers and that we never have. We're still trying to piece it together.
Speaker 2: We're still wondering.
Speaker 1: Gibblers are very shady individuals. They may or may not be working for the government.
Speaker 2: Never trust a Gibbler.
Speaker 1: Never trust a Gibbler.
Speaker 2: So DJ pleads with her dad, why won't you let me babysit? It's the perfect job for me, and Danny begins to explain to DJ how babysitting is a big responsibility. Are we forgetting the episode, the chicken pox episode where he kind of forced her to babysit.
Speaker 1: I was like, she's a babysat, What do you mean all of a sudden. Now she it's a big responsibility.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm like, they forgot She's already babysat against her will, so.
Speaker 1: That, hey, you've already forced you're into this now all of a sudden she wants to do it, and you're like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, right, continuity, you know eighty sitcoms. Continuity not the best. Danny decides to let DJ babysit since he will be right downstairs anyways. Stuff tells Danny that he can't put DJ in charge because when he's around, she's a sweet little angel. The minute he leaves, it's I'll get you my pretty as you imitate the wicked witch.
Speaker 1: It's very excited for that imitation.
Speaker 2: That was very good, very well done, Jody. DJ tells Danny that she can handle the responsibility and she will do it for three dollars an hour. Danny asks why he would pay her to spend time with her little sisters. DJ responds, good point three point fifty. Danny lowers it to two fifty and they have a deal. He walks away and adds, why do I feel like I'm raising a used car.
Speaker 1: Salesman, because all children at that age are used car salesman and will argue any point and you'll eventually just give in because you want it to end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if it's just about fifty cents, right, fine, will barter to the death, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but why but why not? But that's not fair? But what Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they will just whittle down your patients.
Speaker 1: Now, he's a successful wake up San Francisco talk show host. He you can afford the fifty sense ex come.
Speaker 2: On right, Yeah, and DJ deserves it for everything she puts up with. So, while imitating the wicked Witch, DJ walks towards Stephanie and mister Bear and says, I'll get you my pretty and your little bear too.
Speaker 1: Mister Bear is quite prominently featured in this way.
Speaker 2: I love it. He's like character now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say he was like the third the third sibling in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was, he was. I love that. Next, in Danny's room, Joey and Jesse are getting Danny ready for their triple date. Danny thanks them for doing this and they assure him that everything is going to work out great. Danny admits he can't believe he really met a woman. He says, I was charming. I asked her out, and she said, yes, I was like a real guy, wasn't I. Jesse spray's little banaka in Danny's mouth and holds up a mirror.
Speaker 1: Taste it. My eyes watered at the spray was the best banaka. I'm pretty sure had as much alcohol content as like a shot of onput. You know what I mean, if you really committed to like three or four oh and then like got in your car and blew a breathalyzer, you'd probably get arrested, you know what I mean, Like it was.
Speaker 2: I don't think banaka exists anymore, and that is probably the reason why.
Speaker 1: Too many, right, I'm sure it went the way of like four loco and someone was just drinking banaka cut. Someone's always got to ruin it, darn, Someone's always yeah, we can't have this is why we can't have terrible things, because they ruin those two.
Speaker 2: So Jesse holds up a mirror for Danny, and Danny is just enthusiastic about how he looks. He says he is happening. Oh yeah, he's very excited. But then his mood lowers a bit and he says, you know, I've been thinking maybe it's time for me to take my wedding ring off. Danny reminisces that Pam gave this ring to him thirteen years ago, and he explains it's like a part of me. Jesse assures him, I know my sister and I know she would want you to get on with your life. Oh, it's a nice little tonal shift here from silly to to sentiential.
Speaker 1: To get on with your life, get on with your life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, I just who he was like, I know my sister and I know she'd want you to just just move on, just come on, just get it, just get on with your life. Yeah, I was like, Oh, spoken like something written by an Yeah, it's not like she would want you to find happiness, right, No, she wants you to get on with you.
Speaker 2: Just get on with it. Come on, it stops spiraling and get on.
Speaker 1: Sort of a Jessy thing to say, Not exactly, mister sensitive Joe.
Speaker 2: It's very on brand for his character.
Speaker 1: That was as mushy as he gets.
Speaker 2: So then Joey chimes in, assuring him that bringing something new into his life won't make his memories any less special.
Speaker 1: There we go, Thanks Joey and well thought out Joey with his wise little Yoda quips that he comes out with sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no idea that Joey was as smart in these early.
Speaker 1: You know, he's had a couple moments of real emotional intelligence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knew? Who knew? And thank goodness, there's somebody, somebody that has this emotional intelligence in the house. So Danny thanks the boys, and as the boys leave the room, Danny hangs back to take off his ring and place it on his dresser. Yeah, then you get the little sad sad violins. Take us to a commercial break, and when we come back, I all of a sudden realized what episode this was.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, oh, ring goes.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what jogged your memory. Yet you're like oh. So we come back to stephan DJ's room, where DJ is sitting on her bed chatting on the phone with Kimmy Gibbler. She tells her that this babysitting job is a piece of cake. She gets two dollars and fifty cents to watch TV and have Stephanie wait on her hand and foot. Stephanie walks in carrying a huge tray of popcorn, soda, the TV guide, extra napkins, and salt, Dj asks for her slippers, and Steph replies sarcastically, we have to keep her majesty happy. It's such a funny read. Jody just I.
Speaker 1: Was so into so I get to be a snarky, little smart ass that was always I was like, ah, well, here we go.
Speaker 2: It's always been a part of you. This sarcasure innate and Hattie a roast a turkey. So she reaches into DJ's closet and hands the slippers to DJ. DJ asks, aren't you going to put them on me? And Steff's smile lowers, I'm not touching your cooty feet. And next we're in the living room. The doorbell rings multiple times and the guys rush downstairs to start their dates. Danny opens the door to Cheryl and Zoe, but Danny flips around. He instantly panics and thinks that Denise has backed out, but the girls interject to say that Denise is just trying to find a parking space.
Speaker 1: Finally, someone that can't find a parking spot at this house, right that that's the most realistic thing. You've been able to just bring a horse pull, you know, every motorcycles, cars just all into the backyard and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So finally we have some realistic San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs the parking spot and it's not there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This, this, this really tracked. So Danny's relieved that Cheryl hasn't ditched him. She's just parking the car. Denise, not Cheryl's. I get these I get these ladies confused all the time. I'm just warning you right now.
Speaker 1: I'm still not exactly sure which one's which other than Denise, the Cheryl and Zoe, I'm like, I don't know which one was Witchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're kind of interchangeable, you know, It's like right, honestly.
Speaker 1: Well, Zoe was the one that was supposed to be with Joey.
Speaker 2: Because Joey and Zoe okay, right, yes, and she ends up being the bitter Cakes, the bitter Cakes attitude just.
Speaker 1: Did not want to be there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the couples are all introducing themselves to one another, and Joey tells Zoe she has an unusual name and asks, are you one of Frank Zappa's kids? Everybody?
Speaker 1: For those of you that are like, who is Frank Zappa? Just a little side note here, Frank Zappa was a guitar player sort of like an acid rock guitar player. Uh and like the load of the six season seventies anyway, names his kids some interesting things. But was you know, a rock and roll star and known for his unique naming of children, which, apparently Zoe was the strangest thing you'd ever heard. But wait till they get to the two thousands, right, just wait right, So Zoe is not amused with this joke. She has an annoyed look on her face, and she explains, I was named after my grandmother. It was her dying wish that her name live on, and the audience goes oooh yeah, just way to blow it right off the back right.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, not going well. Jesse interrupts this awkward silence and announces he will be checking on his cheese delight in the kitchen. I can't imagine what this is that he's made.
Speaker 1: Cheese. Cheese is delightful in and of itself. You don't need to do any cheese, is it cheese?
Speaker 2: Don't? That's just like, what is this all cheese?
Speaker 1: It's all cheese?
Speaker 2: Okay, just throw a bunch of cheese in a in a piracy you cook it at three.
Speaker 1: Give me some crackers, a little honey comb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cheese, the light dlight okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: So Danny walks in with Denise, who thoughtfully brought him a broccoli bouquet. It's very creative, you know.
Speaker 1: I like to feel like bringing people gifts on a first date isn't all. It's always a recipe for awkwardness. Oh well, I like at least if it's at his house. It's like if somebody brings you something on like a first date and they're like, here, I brought you with some cheesy gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw it more as like a housewarming, like they're having dinner at his housewarming.
Speaker 1: Broccoli is a housewarming, well like flowers, like usually you bring a bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: Even like a hostage, it feels like a hostess gift, like you present.
Speaker 1: A bouquet of Do you often bring broccoli bouquets as hostess gifts?
Speaker 2: Well, not yet, but I might after this episode, you know, cheaper than than flowers. I don't know.
Speaker 1: She look she's delight or nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, bring cheese or you're not.
Speaker 1: On the cheese, or I'm not letting you in.
Speaker 2: So Jesse enters from the kitchen, Denise spots him and is flabbergasted. She says, I thought I would never see you again. She runs over to give Jesse a hug, but he doesn't hug her back.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, what happened?
Speaker 2: Oh? Danny is confused, and he says, have.
Speaker 1: You two met? Of course, of course they've met in the in the in the biblical term.
Speaker 2: Right, since they've met several times met.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Jesse lets out a small, awkward laugh, and Denise explains, well, we were sort of involved a while back. Danny's eyes grow wide and he asks, you're that Denise, and Cheryl chimes in, this is the Jesse and Zoe.
Speaker 1: We have so many questions. I need to know all of the gossip. What happened? There's a weekend in New Orleans coming.
Speaker 2: Out the tea Like give us the tea, Come on, Zoe says, oh, the one you named your puppy after. Like there is backstory here, okay?
Speaker 1: Is Denis a little stockrish because like, why would you name She ran up to hug him and he was like yeah, and then she named her puppy after him. After they broke up, Jese might be a little.
Speaker 2: Like whoa, she just can't get him out of her mind, like she's definitely.
Speaker 1: Would you never would you ever name your dog after an ex?
Speaker 2: No? No, And I wouldn't even name my dog after a current boyfriend, much less an ex boy. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: That would be weird too, you know what I mean? But yeah, name it after No, I don't want to be yeah.
Speaker 2: Because then you call the dog and you're just like, you know, Jesse go potty, and then it's just awkward.
Speaker 1: After and now it's weird. It's weird.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. Jesse go potty, Jesse go party. So Jesse tells them it is all ancient history. Now on cue the oven dings, and Jesse announces saved by the cheese. Delight. She's always saves the day, saves the day, Saved by the cheese. He leaves the room and the rest of them are left standing awkwardly. Yeah. Next in the bathroom, Stephanie pulls Michelle into the bathroom by her sleeve, and Michelle is wearing a huge blue sweatshirt and a red baseball cap placed sideways on her head.
Speaker 1: Now she looks like Et in the closet seat when they have Et all dressed up in like the big giant sweater and although she needed like a hat with you know, flowers on or something, but yeah, yeah, she's just like draping the sleeves a lot. It was so cute.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is so cute. And this sweater is such a distinctive blue. Is this the sweater that Bob wore in the pilot? I mean, you guys are dressing up in Danny's clothes, and I feel like Bob wore that big, like cornflower blue, yeah sweater in my pilot episode. Maybe you're right, Yeah, I think it is. At least I remember Bob wearing that for the thirtieth anniversary up in San Francisco when we went to tan.
Speaker 1: It all sort of blends together with what Yeah, but no, I think, I mean, I'm I'm like looking at trying to find old picture. No, I don't have an old original photo of but yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 2: In my mind that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I look like mister Bear again, you do, apparently, is my I love dressing up like mister Bhaar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wrote that down. He said Steph really loves dressing in trench coats, but doesn't mister Bear. Yeah, very cute. I just love that you guys are playing dress up with Danny's clothes. I mean, you don't have a mom to dress up in heels and dresses, so you should take Danny's blazers and hats. Why not?
Speaker 1: That's you know, gotta make do it is what it is.
Speaker 2: M hm. So Stephanie asks her little sister, who do we look like? Michelle? And Michelle answers. Daddy DJ walks in at this moment and yells freeze nerd bombers. She notices the outfits and asks what are they doing dressed in Dad's stuff. Stephanie lies and blames Michelle. DJ scolds them, saying she can't take her eyes off them for a minute. She orders them to take off all of the clothes immediately, and Steph throws up her hands and says, okay, don't have a hissy fit. DJ takes Danny's watch and wedding ring away from Steph. She grows more angry and says I'm in charge, and I say you're both in really big trouble. She walks over to the sink and we hear a clatter. She drops Danny's wedding ring down the drain and Michelle says, uh, oh, worst nightmare. Yeah, right right, this is this is definitely a worst nightmare, and we cut to a tense, very tense commercial break. When we come back, DJ is pacing the bathroom when Steph walks in, informing her that Michelle is in bed, which is excellent expository to get the get.
Speaker 1: Rid of the baby. We've gotten rid of the kid. Her hours are up on set and right right right cut her out of this and ask too many questions. Michelle's in bed.
Speaker 2: Stephanie asks if DJ got the ring out of the drain, to which DJ admits no, but I have a plan. She grabs Steph's tie and attaches her gum to the end of it, planning to drop it down the drain so the ring can stick to the gum and she'll be able to pull it out.
Speaker 1: It's pretty mcguy verescue of her. Yeah, I'm just good.
Speaker 2: I was kind of impressed.
Speaker 1: Good engineering.
Speaker 2: Thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it doesn't work, but good try.
Speaker 2: Definitely a good try. Steph tells her, but wait, you're gonna ruin Dad's tie, and DJ emphasizes that the ring is more important than the tie, telling Stephanie that she's so dumb. Steph asks, I'm dumb who knocked the ring down the drain, miss rocket scientist, You're just the sarcasm is just this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this episode Steph was just take take no prisoners. You're like, yeah, don't come for me.
Speaker 2: I love it. She's like, there's no parents in this room, like my parents around.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you know exactly how I feel. Calm down. Yeah.
Speaker 2: DJ sticks the tie down the drain and thinks that she's got it until it gets stuck. Stuph lets out of fake yawn and says, well, i'd say the day is about shot. Good night, and she tries.
Speaker 1: To believe man know when to make an exit. Just you see things going south, you.
Speaker 2: Go, oh it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steph's dummy. Steph is wise beyond her, gonna end poorly.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving, but DJ calls her back in, explaining that she has to take the sink apart and Stephanie has to help her get Danny's toolbox. Steph lets a smile out. If I help you, will you let me stay up late and do whatever I want. DJ agrees, admitting that she'll never be in charge again after this, and then yeah, Steph's smile grows to be devious, and the camera just lingers on your little devious smile.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, I was like, and I'm looking at myself, going, what are you making it? Don't pick that faces, It's not a smile. What is that like?
Speaker 2: We're trying really hard. You looked a little constipated, but it was. It was mischievous, definitely mischievous, mischievous constipation. Well, you can't use the bathroom because it's you know, we can't use the bathroom much longer. It's about to become flooded.
Speaker 1: Well because there's only obviously only one bathroom in this house.
Speaker 2: So weird, so weird. So next we're in the kitchen where the triple daters are seated at the table, and just as Danny is about to sit down, Jesse pulls his chair right next to Denise, and Jesse says, ah, don't they look like a Hallmark card? Huh, he's definitely shipping them.
Speaker 1: Way to hang a hat on it, Jesse, you know, way to just be like, hey, if it's not awkward enough that I used to, you know, hang out with your current date here. Uh, I'm gonna make it really obvious that, like I'm trying to push you guys closer together. So it's not less awkward for me, but obviously it's way more awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just overcompensating for whatever guilty he's feeling for having dated this woman before. And poor Danny, he finally gets a date and it's one of Jesse's exes, Like, I feel bad for the guy.
Speaker 1: I feel bad. Danny definitely has a type, though, because she could almost.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you're right, the blonde, you know, very similar. He definitely has a type. So Joey changes the subject and tells Jesse he is the king of Blackened Swordfish. Denise turns her back on Danny and tells Jesse, I remember the first time we ate blackened Swordfish that weekend in New Orleans. Who says that, Come on, Denise.
Speaker 1: Come on. I literally wrote down, Denise, shut up, shut up. You're not helping, That's what I'm saying. Denise is a little here's my take, Oh what's your take?
Speaker 2: What if? So?
Speaker 1: Denise is a little stockery, right, She's never gotten over Jesse. She's like, I'm never gonna see you again. She's sort of been figuring out where he's at. She had hired like a private detective, starts shopping at the same market that he goes to, expecting to run into him doing the groceries, but instead Danny's shopping that week. So in a move on the spot, she decides, I'm gonna go for Danny in order to get to the house. That's the whole reason that she said yes, she'd come over to the house. Maybe she even suggested it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you're onto some theme.
Speaker 1: I bet she saying.
Speaker 2: She's so obsessed with Jesse. She studied the genealogy. She knows that Jesse is Danny's brother, and oh, she knows, she knows everything.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, we Denise might be she might be a little you know, what's the what's that movie of Fatal Attraction?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Whatever, Yeah, yeah, Oh she's yeah, I'm not a fan. I'm not a Denise fan.
Speaker 1: Not Anise fan. And she doesn't know she's.
Speaker 2: She's no, she has no social cues, like no, come on, come on, just stop talking, Denise. Poor Danny, and he asked her. He's like, oh, you're that Denise too, Like Danny's heard all of these stories about.
Speaker 1: New Orleans, and in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: We need the backstory.
Speaker 1: I need the backstory because I don't know if it was good or bad what happened in New Orleans. But it was noteworthy whatever it.
Speaker 2: Was, you know, so it was it was became legendary, right it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something happened in New Orleans, and look, anything can happen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. So Jesse asks joe to help him out, and Joey responds to Danny, Yeah, she's that Denise too, like, come on, like this table is full of idiots, you know.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: He then asks if anyone likes impressions, and Cheryl says no.
Speaker 1: People usually don't the answer to that question. Usually people go not really, this is.
Speaker 2: His default, like just winn out, just do an impression, you know. But Cheryl Cheryl says that she loves impressions.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's Cheryl. Cheryl's the one that was Okay.
Speaker 2: Got it, Cheryl the brunette. Yeah, that was sitting sort of adjacent to Joey. Right, So Joey imitates Jimmy Hendrix on the electric guitar, which is really I don't know how Dave got his mouth to do that, but it's very impression.
Speaker 1: I can't press it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna attempt either, and so even though Cheryl loves this, Zoe is disgusted. Of course, Zoe says, Jimmy Hendrix was a great artist who lived a tortured and tragic life.
Speaker 1: What a wet blanket? Like, why is she here?
Speaker 2: Why we invited? This was.
Speaker 1: The whole time. Just walked in like I don't want to be here them bad attitude. She probably was like, hey, we're going out for girls' night, like the three of us, and then she got wrapped up in Denise's crazy plan and was like, I'm gonna go over to Jesse's house, but you have to actually go out on a date with j and like this whole thing. So maybe Zoe was the voice of reason on all this and was like this is a terrible idea. She didn't want to be here because she knows Denise is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't want to be used as a decoy.
Speaker 1: Like she's like, yeah, She's like this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Maybe that okay, I feel better about.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? If we know that Denise is crazy and Denise has wrangled her friends into this, Zoe is doesn't want to be here, and Cheryl might kind of be an idiot.
Speaker 2: So she's perfect for Joey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So I think we Okay, this could give us some reason.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm tracking, I'm tracking with all of this. Steph energetically skips down the stairs and introduces her every to everyone. Hi, Stephanie, Judith Tanner, I live upstairs.
Speaker 1: In the attic. No, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 2: Danny wonders why is she down here, and Stephanie explains it's to teach them a new song she learned at school. She starts singing if You're happy and you know it, clap your hands, and tries to get everyone to join. This is just the most bizarre date ever.
Speaker 1: Like that wouldn't right. I get it, you know what. I am sorry that I have talked about Zoe this whole time. I wouldn't want to be here either. I would have the same face, like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Why is there a kindergarten? This dude?
Speaker 1: I'm here and we got a broccoli bouquet, you can't find parking. We got a kid singing happy and you know it, clap your hands, making fun of Jimi Hendrix. She doesn't want to be here. I get it. It's She's like, get me out.
Speaker 2: We're all Zoe, you know, we're all true, Like, why are you here? Yeah? What is happening? Then Stephanie switches the lyrics to if you're happy and you know it, cover your eyes, which everyone does. Then with everyone's eyes covered, DJ races downstairs and grabs the toolbox from the kitchen. Why it's in the kitchen I don't know, but she grabs the toolbox from the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, well, now, with no garage, they had to put it in the kitchen. Oh maybe not in a cabinet. Well, I guess the implications that it's under the sink. But here's my thought, why come down from that direction when you've got two staircases, Go in the living room, crawl into the kitchen, right, take the toolbox and crawl out and crawl. It's no distraction it needs Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: Because that wouldn't be nearly as funny as the coup.
Speaker 1: That we just saw.
Speaker 2: This is true with stony distracting, but the joke has to work. But you're right, it would have been a lot more effective just to sneak in from the living room.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe DJ was the one that planned it, So steph would have planned it. She would have been like, living, I'm not going to go in there and sing a song. I'm just just crawl in and crawl out.
Speaker 2: Stuff's a lot more conniving. So yeah, this had to be DJ's plan for sure. So stephan DJ run back upstairs while everyone continues singing. They finally open their eyes and look around, and there's like, what happened? What just happened?
Speaker 1: Where do the girls? Audience loved it.
Speaker 2: The audience cheered. They thought do you.
Speaker 1: Think they had their eyes covered and I just disappeared and they thought it was a magic.
Speaker 2: Trick or what like. They were like, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: It's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just because the girls pulled one over on the adults. It was cute. It was cute, and the adults are probably just glad that the first grader is gone.
Speaker 1: It's dismayed, always like Jesus, what now? Thank God.
Speaker 2: So back in the bathroom, DJ and Stephanie are under the sink, taking apart to the pipes. DJ instructs Stephanie on how she is going to catch the ring. DJ loosens the pipe and water spews out. Everywhere and the girls.
Speaker 1: Scream I remember this, Oh yeah, tell me everything. The water was cold, and if you if you look at the floor, you can kind of see they've like pulled up the I think they pulled up the carpeting like it's just you know, like loose, not loose, but it's the carpeting isn't even there. It's like painted the same color as the carpeting, I think, and they I remember that they built and you'll kind of see when Bob comes into the bathroom, he kind of hops over something. They built like little barriers around the set to keep all the water in because otherwise you're gonna have water in the camera aisle. You're gonna so they had to build a little like you know, container sort of around around the base of it, and they had to put it, you know, around the baseboards of the of the set because otherwise it's gonna sink. So you know, there was a whole like little small pool kind of thing built to keep all of the water in. And the water I remember it was pretty cold.
Speaker 2: Oh I imagine those sets. The sound stage was very cold.
Speaker 1: So cold, yeah, water was I mean, you know, it wasn't like ice cold, but it was not like a nice warm shower, and I just remember trying not to laugh. That was always my thing, Like with the physical bits. I was having so much fun doing it, and you could kind of see as a little kid, I'm like, yeah, this is way too much fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, this was a very ambitious special effect. I'm trying to picture how what was on the other side of the set, Like, how are they pumping this water through the pipes on the other side.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know that, but I'm sure it was just a hose that like came through the back into the you know, into that pipe and through the wall, and that was just there was some special effects person back there turning on the you know, turning on and off the water.
Speaker 2: This is this was very effective as far as special effects. Co Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So DJ in a panic, asks if Steph caught the ring, and she says, back, do I look like I caught the ring?
Speaker 1: Soaking wet?
Speaker 2: Soaking wet. She then asks if Stephanie knows how to turn the water off, and Steph replies, another stupid question.
Speaker 1: This is kind of my favorite stuff, but I have this this version of stuff is a vibe. Yeah, she is a vibe.
Speaker 2: I love it. So the water is still spewing from the sink and DJ frantically asks Steph to get something to catch the water in. Steph brings her tiny pink trash can that can't really hold all the water.
Speaker 1: No, but she I love. I just hold the toolbox off the thing, and I'm like, trash can move that just tools everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh it's a hot mess. Stephanie leaves to go get something bigger, and DJ mutters, this is worth more than two point fifty an hour. Yeah. Stefph returns with a big bowl of popcorn. She starts to eat it to try to empty it, and then she ends up just throwing it on the ground. I was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Throw it over my head, like over that way, and as I did it, I dropped the bowl and I was like ah, and we just went with it because it was there was now we had water. Yeah right, So it was like just all right, we're just going for it. But like I knew, I screwed it up. And I was like, just keep whatever, just keep going, yeah, keep going, Yeah, just make the joke work.
Speaker 2: Get on rolling. Yeah, you did it great, Okay, So DJ passes Stephanie the water and Steph dumps it back into the sink, only for it to spill out of the pipe again. The girls are running out of resources, and Steph suggests that they well, let's just get into bathing suits, because why not, you know, just negative swimming party if you're gonna be in this much trouble. Anyways, back in the kitchen, everyone is cleaning up from the date and Zoe is helpfully doing the dishes, and she tells Danny that his water pressure is running low, and he responds, well, that should be my only problem. Danny walks over to Jesse and Denise, and Denise takes the hint and heads for the living room so Danny and Jesse can talk privately. Danny asks, is there any woman in this city you haven't dated?
Speaker 1: Wow? He basically called Jessea Horrer. Yeah, sorry?
Speaker 2: Is he wrong? You know?
Speaker 1: No, he's not. He's not.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: But again, Denise might be crazy.
Speaker 2: She is. She and I be a little dog, But Jesse dodged a bullet here, It's true. Jesse tells him that he and Denise are done with and remember that she came over because she and Danny had a magical moment in the produce department. Danny doesn't believe him, and Jesse adds, she brought you a bouquet of broccoli. No woman has ever brought me broccoli.
Speaker 1: That's not something. That's not that's not it's not a convincing it's not convincing.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, it's a very good thing. Jesse tells him to go talk to her and get his vegetable charm on. Danny leaves for the living room, trying to do his cool guy walk and failing miserably at it. In the living room, Danny and Denise are sitting on the couch together drinking some tea with a very massive te set. Like they have enough tea to host an entire party, right, they have.
Speaker 1: Enough a tea for an entire Boston tea party. Now, yeah, there was a quite lot and cups, a lot of cups.
Speaker 2: A lot more cups than there were adults, for sure. Danny addresses that this date may be awkward because of her past with Jesse, admitting that it is awkward for him at least, and Denise apologizes for not being fair to Danny and tells him she is putting Jesse out of her mind. She adds, I came over here tonight because I thought you were sweet and charming, And Danny asks with a smile, Well, now what do you think? She tells him she still thinks he is sweet and charming. This is some very awkward flirting. Danny locks. I was like, oh, I know, I can feel it coming, and I was just cringing. Danny locks his eyes on her and slowly leans in for the kiss.
Speaker 1: But why why is he going to kiss her? Is he going to kiss her? Danny, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: He's not reading cues well at all at all. But he's wooed because she thought he's sweet and charming, so he just goes for it awkwardly, but he misses. She swerves her head and he cuts in because.
Speaker 1: She's and just bobs and weaves and slices his lip open.
Speaker 2: It's just that's what you're get, Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor guy.
Speaker 2: She apologizes again, but she just can't stop thinking about Jesse.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she is a horrible date. Stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm more annoyed with her than Zoe at this point, you know.
Speaker 1: All three of them? Yeah, does you know what? Go meet up with the girls from Seacrews, go, I don't know, figure something out, but like, just this isn't working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go find rock Sanna and join that band and lead Danny alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Danny's not he's trying too hard here.
Speaker 2: He is. It's his first date. It's technically well, this is his first date since Pam, so he's a little rough.
Speaker 1: He went on the date I remember, and then the chicken then she came back for like his birthday party things. So they obviously a few times.
Speaker 2: But in the Secrews episode he said he wasn't ready to date, so that he's like maybe a lunch So maybe he's gone on a lunch date, but he hasn't been on a proper evening date yet. I don't know. He's just awkward. He's Danny Tanner, but he's just awkward. Regardless. Danny h asks to be excused and says he needs to go clot his lip in the kitchen. Yeah, because that's romantic to talk about clotting right.
Speaker 1: Well, and also like what kind of earrings are you wearing?
Speaker 2: Good forward? What they were lethal? They were like jaggedy, I don't know what they were, but yeah they looked lethal. S So Danny walks into the kitchen while blotting his lip with a tissue, and Joey asks how it went. Danny sighs and says, I cut my lip kissing Denise, and Jesse remarks that girl is a wild animal.
Speaker 1: Shut up, stop it. We don't need to know about whatever weird freak things you did in New Orleans. Okay, stop?
Speaker 2: Just Denise is an enigma.
Speaker 1: Man like, Wow, Denise is an enigma, Joe Jesse just it's just Also, it's no one in this group has any sense. How did they all find partners?
Speaker 2: It's such a train wreck. This whole night is such a train wreck, and I am here for.
Speaker 1: It and we haven't even gotten to Danny finding the worst part.
Speaker 2: You're right, right, So Danny explains that he missed her lips and kissed her earring instead, and he tells Jesse that she is still hung up on him. Joey adds, well, if it makes you feel any better.
Speaker 1: My date hates my guts. I think she just hates everyone personally. She's just kind of miserable.
Speaker 2: She's just this sucks, right. Jesse chimes in to say, I promise you next time it's gonna be smooth sailing next time? Like what what next time?
Speaker 1: There's what next?
Speaker 2: Next? Next?
Speaker 1: Next time? Tuma, you find somebody to go on a date with that I haven't banged in the city of San Francisco, I don't know, you know what is that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Better luck next time finding someone that I haven't been with. I don't know what that means other than like, next time, it's gonna be smooth sailing. Like this is I mean, obviously a horrible date, but like part of it is because you're making comments like she's a wild animal. Partley your fault, Jesse.
Speaker 2: There should not be a next time, please, no more triple dates ever. This is just so cringey but so fun So. Then as soon as Jesse says smooth sailing, cue the water from the ceiling. Jesse feels a drop of water, followed by an absolute downpour from the ceiling. Danny hopelessly stares at the water flooding down. As we cut to the bathroom, DJ and Stephanie are rotating dumping water into the bathtub little.
Speaker 1: Like Fireman Yes line going there, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Danny, Jesse and Joey Bargin yelling whoa, whoa, whoa, oh, and DJ ensure assures them that she has everything under control. Danny replies, everything under control, everything is underwater.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: The water suddenly stops because Jesse just turns off the water valve. Steph looks at dj and says, oh, well, let's remember that for next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like one this time. That's one of the things my dad taught me very young. How if something is hears how to turn off the water.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the first rule of homeowners.
Speaker 1: Children are prone to overflowing things.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. Sam is very smart, So Jody, Jody, you're Jody. Joey notices the tie with gum attached to the drain and he pulls on it. He says, you guys have been watching too much. Double Dare.
Speaker 1: Double Dare, for those of you that don't know, was a kid's game show on Nickelodeon back in the day that had ridiculous stunts and all kinds of things slide for younger viewers who're like, what's double there?
Speaker 2: Oh that was great. There were several iterations mark Summer's mostly I.
Speaker 1: Did an episode of Double Dare.
Speaker 2: I feel like I did too, or something.
Speaker 1: They did like celeb kid versions. Yeah, yeah, it got lost but I got slimmed.
Speaker 2: Hey, and that was fun. That was so fun. So DJ looks up to Danny and apologizes. She admits that she accidentally dropped his wedding ring down the drain. Danny looks distraught and choos everyone out of the bathroom. And I just cannot imagine the amount of water damage in this bathroom, with all that carpeting well poured down.
Speaker 1: Into the ceiling. Now we've got a hole in in a in a home that's obviously old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, the damage is extensive. I really and he's lost his wedding ring. I just I feel very bad for Danny this whole evening. So Danny walks DJ out of the bathroom and into the hallway, where the three women are just oddly standing there waiting.
Speaker 1: For them, right like what don't I don't need you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they should have gone home. They really should have left, like they've.
Speaker 1: Been wanting to leave forever. Why wouldn't they go up there?
Speaker 2: They follow the guys up there and just wait off for.
Speaker 1: That's the perfect time to be like well.
Speaker 2: Your yeah, yeah answer. Nope, They're just waiting there awkwardly, and Danny announces that he needs a moment with his daughter. Steph looks around and says, I think I'm gonna tuck myself right into bed and get a full night's sleep. She smiles and brings her hands to her heart, adding I'm the good daughter, always taking advantage of any situation.
Speaker 1: It's like my kids did this last night. Dolly did something and be was like, oh, so glad it wasn't me. Yeah, and you was just like yep, that's how it.
Speaker 2: Works, always taking advantage when the other sibling isn't true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michelle starts to cry from her room, and Joey says he'll check on her and adds, I guess my guess is that she's wet too. Cheryl grabs his arm and asks if she can help him, because because she loves babies. So with just Denise, Zoe and Jesse left in the hallway, Denise asks Jesse, can I talk to you for a moment. Jesse agrees and points her in the direction of his room so.
Speaker 1: That Zoe can stand there and fix the hall's.
Speaker 2: She's just awkward. This was I swear this. They probably just told this actress, we need busy hands, so like, do something, just make yourself busy. So she's like, Oh, I'll just adjust this painting on the wall.
Speaker 1: She yeah, it was odd.
Speaker 2: Continuing the awkwardness of this entire episode. In Jesse's room, Denise suggests that this could all be happening so they could have a second chance together. Jesse takes a deep Berniece Giz, she's graat.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you she spen stalking Jesse zaul A Ruse to try and get him back.
Speaker 2: You are onto something. I totally agree with this theory, but Jesse is not buying it. He says, you know, Danny really really likes you. Jesse explains how the timing is off between him and Denise and if it doesn't work out between her and Danny, okay, but Jesse doesn't want to be the reason why they don't work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's kind of already the reason why it didn't work out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it started off on the late foot.
Speaker 1: That ship that's speaking of ships, that ship has sailed. He didn't make it worse, but he's already the reason, and he's already the reason that this isn't going to work between them.
Speaker 2: But I feel like season one, Jesse would have just been like, all right, let's just go at it right here in the bedroom filled with pink bunnies. But season two, Jesse is like, no, no, this is a bro code. I Am not going to ja now because Danny has a crush on her, or had a crush on her, I don't know if he still does. Danny's just trying to clock.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he made the right choice. But I'm just saying I think them not working out is already.
Speaker 2: It's too late, too late for that. So Denise understand. But she just has one question, why are you living in a room with so many pink bunnies? Jesse smirks and says, well, it started off with two bunnies and then uh ha ha ha, making a joke about bunny reproduction.
Speaker 1: The bunnies do what buddies do.
Speaker 2: Bunnies are gonna bunnies are gonna bunny. Yes. So in Michelle's room, we see Joey and Cheryl are putting Michelle to bed. Joey does a Kermit the Frog impression, and Cheryl thinks that this is adorable. Joey thinks she's talking about Michelle, but she's really talking about him. M m okay. Michelle looks at Cheryl and says pretty, and Joey agrees, Yeah, she's very pretty. Way to go, Joey, He's got some game here.
Speaker 1: You know, Joey's the only one that seems to be having any success in this evening. Like talk about a plot twist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joey's the most successful bachelor in this house tonight. Wow. But I was proud of him. So in Danny's room, DJ and Danny are sitting on the edge of his bed. DJ tells him how sorry she is for losing his ring. She knows she should have come to him in the first place, but she panicked. She adds, I learned a good lesson in responsibility, and Danny nods, well, okay, don't let it happen again, and he stands and starts to leave, but DJ's caught off guard. She said, that is the worst dad speech I have ever heard. Danny tells her he had a horrible night with Denise and says, oh, I guess I'm just not the dating type. DJ. I feel so bad for him. His self esteem has just been obliterated. DJ cracks a smile and tells him that's not true. She says, Dad, you're a fox. If some girl is too dumb to see that, you don't want her anyway, There you go, there you go. I mean, I don't know if i'd call my dad a fox, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: But she's trying to. She's, you know, she's hyping him up, which is a good thing for her to do.
Speaker 1: Have you ever called anyone a fox like that person a fox?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I've never definitely never described a relative.
Speaker 1: As a fox.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think I'm about several decades too young. So he called a fox?
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree, I agree. So Danny hugser and admits that that was the best daughter speech he has ever heard. Zoe then knocks on the door holding Danny's ring. DJ jumps up, yelling thank you, thank you, thank you, and then she leaps. Zoe explains where she found the ring, and she tells Danny how she can't stand a messy bathroom. Danny's ears perk up, and he says, really, I love that in a woman.
Speaker 1: She is a miserable person, Danny.
Speaker 2: She's miserable.
Speaker 1: No, don't just because she found the wedding ring, because it was on the floor, because six other people standing in the bathroom weren't paying attention right.
Speaker 2: Right, No, it's like, but he's enamored with her cleanliness, he's found a kindred spirit and he's blinded by this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess Danny's just had a really crappy night, I guess, And just anything is you know, making him happy If the only person he's connecting to is Zoe, go to bed, man, Just go to bed. Call it a night. You're done. The house is flooded, you got a hole in your kitchen ceiling. This one's miserable, this one's stalking Jesse. Just be done with it. Just call this a day and move on.
Speaker 2: Call it a night, Yes, move on. Yeah. So the next scene, we are in the living room and Danny fetches Denise's coat as she thanks him for a nice evening. Okay, Denise, sure, liar, liar, liar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He leans in to kiss her on the cheek, but he moves her earring first for safety reasons. Jesse tells Denise he enjoyed saying goodbye as friends. Joey tells Cheryl how much he enjoyed meeting her. Then Joey goes in for a kiss and they make out.
Speaker 1: Why is every Why is everyone? In this scene making.
Speaker 2: Out, I don't know why. I don't know.
Speaker 1: At least goes back to the secret thing. But it's so it's it's so.
Speaker 2: It's so secret, it is so crusy.
Speaker 1: So but it's so odd and it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't feel that like like go to the front door, go to the stupid kiss.
Speaker 1: Has a first kiss in a room full of like six other people when you're not in like middle school, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Like it's not a makeout party, a makeout.
Speaker 1: Party, or I guess it is really by all in, Yeah, I mean they're certainly under the impression that it is. Yeah, it was just that was so weird. And then and then we keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, the making out just yeah, it just keeps going, it keeps getting worse. Yeah. So then we have Danny saying goodbye to Zoe, and first he says, remember always pre soak your find washables, and Zoe finishes his sentence in tepid water and they make out because you know that's an Afrogigiak is talking about.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that is the most tepid kiss I've ever seen. I was like, oh, that was yeah, speaking of tepid, that was I've had as much passion as a as a snail, you know what I mean? Like it just was like just nothing, no crazy, I mean, which is I guess what happens when you're making out in your living room with six other people? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no?
Speaker 1: And has no one learned yet? This is not This does not for romance, nake. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you feel the same way, But I am I am curious. Is this cringey because it's cringey? Or is it cringey because we can't picture Bob and Dave as like making it ring It's not just us because of our relationship with David, but it's not just cringey because it's them.
Speaker 1: I don't care who you put in this.
Speaker 2: You don't care who it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, you put in muppets for all I can. It's weird. It's everyone's making out and having these weird moments and talking about tepid water. And just get the hell out of this house. This has been a terrible night. You didn't have fun, stop lying, Just leave.
Speaker 2: Leave. There's no recovering from this house.
Speaker 1: You could have just disappeared into the night, and now you're here having this awkward makeout session.
Speaker 2: I just it's just so understand man. Yeah, there's no need for this awkward lawn drawn out goodbye, Like, just get the hell out of there, ladies, please please, But Danny apparently enjoyed this. He leans back and he says, have mercy. So so creepy, so creepy.
Speaker 1: Just it's just so creepy, it's so weird.
Speaker 2: So the ladies tell Joey and Danny to call them, and Denise looks right at Jesse, saying, Jesse, don't call me.
Speaker 1: Don't if anyone call each none of you call each other, Luke phone numbers, disconnect the phone, leave it on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, don't even You got to find a new market now too, because you don't want to risk running into Denise again in the brockway.
Speaker 1: She might, I think. Now at this point, she's realized her talking didn't work out so well, so she's got a she's finally pissed, you know. She's like, don't call me.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, she's she realizes it's she's about to get a restraining order put on her side. She's like, I'm just gonna just.
Speaker 1: Right stock and then it turns real dark when she makes mention of you know, a pink bunny and leaves it on the front porch. I'm just saying, very fatal attraction, right.
Speaker 2: This is yeah a full house after dark, right, full house after dark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's your pink bunnies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Danny stands there laughing, and he says, and you were worried the blind dates wouldn't work out. Joey agrees and mentions that the bathroom is still a mess. Danny responds, all handle it, boys, I'm feeling so good I might just clean the whole house. He starts singing to all the girls I loved before again and leaps. Joey runs after Cheryl, and Jesse turns around and whimpers, and that is our show, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Jesse is the only one that can honest look at the night and go this was terrible, Like this was just bad, right. You know it's such.
Speaker 2: A plot twist that Jesse's the one that he's the one that ends up with no date, whereas the other two made a connection at least with the with the other was.
Speaker 1: Just I just you know, you act like that the whole first part of the night.
Speaker 2: There's no I'm no redeeming yourself.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't need your attitude.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, this is not not my favorite episode. No, but it wasn't as bad as Sea Crews. It wasn't a bathroom scenes because of the girls and their bathroom shenanigans. That's what saved the episode for me.
Speaker 1: Kind of true, that was the fun. I mean not to be not it's not because you know I was in those scenes, but I do feel that that.
Speaker 2: Was Oh it's true. Yeah. No, I'm I'm the third party here, the unbiased one. I'm like, no, this is you guys saved the entire episode. I did because I was like, is it just.
Speaker 1: Me or is this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we.
Speaker 1: Know it's got a triple date. We were like, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you got to throw in you know, one of these adult centers.
Speaker 1: The guy's gotta have this exactly, They've got to have these things every once in a while. But the it was the ring and the and the uh the sink issues that really, oh hide the room together.
Speaker 2: It was great. I loved watching it. It was very satisfying.
Speaker 1: Yes it was.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was fun, and I'm happy that these three women will not be back on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they finally got to leave.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a relief.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they didn't. It was weird though. They were like oh boh mercy later like yeah, I thought they had a terrible night.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did too. But you know, I wonder if they ever ate the broccoli too from the broccoli bouquet, or if they did they even get to eat. I don't think they even got to eat.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they did the fish.
Speaker 2: They had the black and swordfish, and Zoe was doing dishes, so they at least got to eat something, right, They did.
Speaker 1: Get to eat, And then they drank three cups of coffee each out of the Sephard cups, right, because he said enough. Yeah, there was a tea set of royalty seven people.
Speaker 2: Right. Oh but oh, dear, well, do you have any everywhere you looks for everywhere you look? Oh tell me, tell me.
Speaker 1: I haven't everywhere you look. In the beginning, uh huh of the thing, when Danny walks in with the uh non handled grocery bags.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, if you.
Speaker 1: Look on the counter when Jesse is standing there putting groceries away, there's not one, but two boxes of oat boats. Oh there's two boxes of boxes. Yes, two boxes of oat boats.
Speaker 2: I think they, okay, have a competing cereal, it's got to be oat boats.
Speaker 1: I feel like oat boats has a lock on San Francisco. Yeah, like they have cornered the market and they're like, all you can get in San Francisco is oat boats. That's it.
Speaker 2: There's no other choices. There's no cheerios, there's no wheaties. It's oat boats. I'm surprised Warner Brothers didn't somehow catapult this into making real oat boats that people could buy and licensing looks oat boats, you know, they.
Speaker 1: They never do licensing stuff. That was all like Jeff Franklin and his mom did all of the like dolls and the licensing stuff. Warner Brothers never really, they didn't care. It was in. I feel like it wasn't quite in the days where like you had merch for everything. Now I feel like you could probably totally sell that.
Speaker 2: Now everything is overly merched.
Speaker 1: Right back in. Although spoiler alert, guys, oatboats are just cheerios by another name, so they're not don't get too excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nothing special, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: But it's San Francisco. It's a it's a San Francisco treat. It isats yep.
Speaker 2: San Francisco treat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was my everywhere you look, Okay, I have?
Speaker 2: What do I have?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I have?
Speaker 2: The sweater that DJ is wearing in this episode was a repeat. It's a repeater. Did you recognize this episode?
Speaker 1: Right? I did recognize it. We have seen she wears.
Speaker 2: It in the horse montage in DJ's very First Horse, and this is the sweater that she holds up in the opening title shot. In the opening credits, she kind of in her closet, she holds up a sweater and this is the one. So right, I'm impressed they were repeating sweaters so soon after DJ's First Horse episode.
Speaker 1: I wonder if maybe somehow that was I was gonna say, shot on the first day, but maybe no, maybe our war budget just wasn't big yet and they were budget.
Speaker 2: Well that's I think that's a new thing too. We don't we don't repeat outfits anymore.
Speaker 1: In that's also that like those modern day shows that it's like you can't repeat outfits. You're like, right, because that wouldn't be a human thing to do. You never worn the same sweater or twice.
Speaker 2: Right, It's so unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got Danny got cash. If he's living like that, everybody gets new outfits every day.
Speaker 2: No, I like it makes it more realistic when the girls repeat their outfits. But I did.
Speaker 1: I did notice that it was the sort of fuzzy cable knit geometric sweat she love.
Speaker 2: DJ loved her geometric sweater, favorite fuzzy ones. You know, you had your three D sweaters and DJ had her GMT.
Speaker 1: I like to dress like mister Bear, DJ your favorite sweater.
Speaker 2: Everyone had their thing.
Speaker 1: Kimmy was dressed like missus treunch Bull. You know, everyone had a look.
Speaker 2: I love the eighties. I miss it.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't. I don't you know. I just I look like I had my little side pony in this episode.
Speaker 2: It was so cute.
Speaker 1: My husband always makes fun of my side pony.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, you you rocked the side pony.
Speaker 1: There's actually a song called side Pony by this band that I, oh gosh, why can't I remember? Is it that today today she Trucks band that they have a song about a side pony, and I just always think that's about Stephanie. Tanner probably has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: But I like to think so please watch an episode with Mescal and tell us what he says. Like I'm dying to hear his comment.
Speaker 1: He would just be like, do I have to Am I gonna have to be on the show? Do I have to talk? Like you know what I mean? Like you would just be like, I'm gonna If you want me to, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: But like, no, no, well I know he wouldn't want to come on the show, but I just know, God, I just want to know what he thought of six year old Joe Sweeten with your perm and your sight.
Speaker 1: I mean, he watched the show occasionally, He's like, he goes, I was like a little older than you. He's like, but you know, I saw it occasionally, He's like, but it wasn't you know, I was jam he was right because he's a little older than like you and canvas. So he yeah, he was already like I don't want to watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, fair enough, which.
Speaker 1: Is probably good because you know, it might be kind of weird to like be like, hey, I remember you at six, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that were very kills it. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, fair enough. Point taken.
Speaker 1: Point taken. But if I do ever get him to watch an episode. I will make sure and let you know what he says. I'm sure the reviews will be fabulous. Right, well, man, another fun and fabulous episode. Uh, you know it was down ranking down at the bottom. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: But that's okay.
Speaker 1: Everything's going to be our favorite, right.
Speaker 2: Right, that's expected. Not everything's going to be a home run. That is okay.
Speaker 1: Well, what what was our first what was our number one episode? We had was the very first horse, Jay's very first horse.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We picked that one.
Speaker 2: The winner so far, so far at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, it's still it's still in the running, much like that horse. Yes, all right, well, thank you everyone for joining us for another fun and fabulous episode of how Rude tanner Rito's. We love that you joined us. Make sure that you're following us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us some emails at how Rude podcast at gmail dot com. We love to hear your questions and all that, and make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so that you can make sure and get all the newest episodes as soon as they drop, right when they're released, So thank you again for joining us for this week's episode of How Rude Tanner Rito's We Love You Fana Ritos, and remember, the house is small, but the.
Speaker 2: M you got cocky, see Adri is not here to keep you.
Speaker 1: A world as small, but the house is full.
Speaker 2: There, it is there, it is I'm secretly please that you screw and the day is complete.
Speaker 1: Now you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: M hmm