Speaker 1: Before we jump into all the MMA. So are we raided roll busting with the boys? We have Ryan Clark on Ryan right, and I go way back. We played one year together. That's how far back we go. Well year was that it was your last year?
Speaker 2: Thirteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you lived thirteen for me with that was No, it wasn't it was my last year. It was your thirteen. It was two year squad, yeah, without a fourteen year though. It was my thirteenth year in the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so you played thirteen years in the league.
Speaker 1: You are on how many segments on ESPN now not counting the podcast too many?
Speaker 3: I do get up first take Live Sports Center, But you know, man, ESPN, they gonna get their pound of flesh though, Like that's the way, that's the way it works, until you could be stephen A and they pay you astronomical amounts of money to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you do, you do all that stuff.
Speaker 3: You do you have face first podcast or you'll we'll get into you train dudes in the offseason or maybe all year round.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. At this point.
Speaker 1: I saw you coaching some under I saw you coaching some under armour game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, what else? What else are you doing?
Speaker 3: We should have you know, No, that's enough. I mean that's pretty much all it is. And I mean sure you know the family, and so that's what I'm saying. How do you how do you balance everything? According to my wife, I don't, So that's the you know, So that's the big thing. Jordan's at ASU now, he plays for her, so he's going into his junior year. My oldest just graduated from LSU. She's about to start she's moving to San France and start working and do some type of course at Berkeley. And then my youngest is a junior man. So now I'm about to be an empty nester bro and like I'm just trying to figure out, like what do like normal people do, right, because my wife wants like she's like, you retired, we need to do this and like take trips. And I'm like, well that's not really how it works for us, you know, like I'm still in this, like I'm still working and so you know, you do your best to balance it, man, and I'm still still working on getting it right. Maybe you can help me with it because now you're married and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not doing near as much as I like it's admirable. I like, of course I follow you. We've been, you know, since we've played together. I followed you ever since because I feel like you were transitioning into that media world, which we'll get into. But hearing all that stuff, it reminds me of the Chevy Silverado. Do you want to hear about the Chevy Silverado? Tell me about Are you a big fan of the Chevy Silverado? You are, You're a huge fan.
Speaker 3: I'm a huge fan because my first car was actually a Chevy though so good.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. The Silverado is strong, advanced, dependable, hard working like Ryan Clark and the Boys, the designers, big bull commanding. This truck turns heads, a partner with grit determination, anything is possible with the Silverado.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear a few of a few of the benefits you give with this son? You please tell me.
Speaker 1: Tailgating, hauling that new big screen, towing off, roading, moving day, helping out your friend or family member, road chips with your family. Run, You're going around, You're coaching all American games. You're doing this, you're doing that, and the fans got to jump in with you. You're going to watch your son a d ask you do it in the Chevy Silverado. Go to a Chevy dealership near you. Let them know the boys sence. You might get a free trailer hitch. We've seen him from a fan out there that they got a free trailer hitch because they said, hey, the boy sent me.
Speaker 2: You get a few benefits, you get a few perks.
Speaker 1: But Chevy Silverado, shout out the boys, no free shoutouts all the love.
Speaker 2: Now we get to a jump back. It was crazy though.
Speaker 3: I was thinking myself, Dang, I wonder if I could get a discount on a Silverado because you know, man, like I'm a truck guy now, because in my retirement I don't drive well enough to buy a car that I feel like has to be cute, right right, you get it. You get a Silverado, and it's like I could go to work, I could do these things.
Speaker 2: And I clean it up. I could take my old lady out to eat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still be shot right, But will the busting with the boys get me a discount on a Chevy silver Rado.
Speaker 2: We can probably hook that up and someone that want to do.
Speaker 3: Something I take pictures, I kiss babies.
Speaker 1: We gotta start reach out to Hey, I promise he's gonna do this, But no, man, I'm super curious because I'm gonna backpedal this entire episode because I know, like how it all started for you, very similar with being undrafted. You played thirteen years in the league, which is incredible and talking about the stuff I've learned from you and this and that, But I wanted to talk about you transitioning because I feel like I'm in the middle of transitioning.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're somebody.
Speaker 1: Who understood that they were on their back nine of their career. That's what I always refer to it as, yah, and you started to see like you know, this is gonna slow down at some point. You're somebody who was working on transitioning while you were still playing. Right, and because I remember your last year with US, I don't know if you were doing it with the Steelers before that, but you would come to OTA's Monday through Thursday, and then you would go work, yeah, and then you would fly to where was the Bristol, Yeah, Bristol to do stuff for ESPN and work on the media and everything like that, and then you would be back. You're the first one in the meeting room. You always have your nose super studious. But how did you balance and when did you start to realize like the game was coming to an end and you needed to figure out your plan beat.
Speaker 3: It was probably about about year ten, I think. I think, honestly, you should. I should have noticed before that though, Like I'm an undrafted dude, you know, worked at LSU. I was cut after my second year and had a regular job, like before Washington picked me up the first time. Man, I had just left will Muschamp's office, headed back during my lunch break, trying to be a ga, you know. But around that time I had done some first takes.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait being a ga. Like you were cut your second year?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I was cut my second year. Tom Coughlin sits in front of me.
Speaker 2: Bro second year and you had a normal job. I had a normal job. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I worked at a Tiger Athletic foundation. I was sitting on my sofa probably in like June of that year. I get a call and dude's like, hey, you want a job, And I was like, sure, what's the job? He was like a Tiger Athletic Foundations, like the fundraising, the fundraising sect of LSU, and so I started working. So I would wake up, Bro. I would wake up at four point thirty every morning, get dressed, drive from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. I'd work eight to five. I'd work. I'd work out in the weight room, which was across the way from the office I had. Then I'd drive back home, take a shower, eat, go to sleep, and do it again. I went to the office to ask much Champ. I was like, hey, man, let me know what the process is to.
Speaker 2: Be a GA.
Speaker 3: I was like, I like to be a GA. I love football, I love to coach. Walk back in the office. Agent calls me. Washington wants you to come in for a workout. Shawn t god rest is soul hurt his knee. Another guy tore his knee up because Joe Gibbs was like so ancient. They had a mini camp the day before training camp. Right, so Bo, come in, pass out the first practice, Yeah, Greg, Greg Williams forty up downs, deep ball drills, right out the gate, right, pass out. Sean Taylor comes over to me. He's like, hey, man, like you better do something, Bro. Like they're talking about getting you out of here. The dB coach, who is my dB coach in New York, goes, hey, man, if you don't do something in the second practice, that's what back when they had two of days, they're going to bring in somebody tomorrow. I get two picks in that practice, right and after passing right and the two for anybody who's listening, I have the sickle cell trade.
Speaker 2: I didn't know how it worked then, but now I do.
Speaker 3: I was kind of messed up, all right, But any so and so and so, yeah, bro and so you know I make the team, and you know those things are going. But like I, you know, you fast forward, I do first take and.
Speaker 2: I leave the meeting.
Speaker 3: You kind of talk about the notebook, Skip baylist man, Like we're walking out of the meeting. I go down a Sunday, watch the games Monday, I'm gonna be on the show. I walk out of the meeting. Skip Bailer stops the meeting, right, he stops everybody from walking out. And he was like, I just want y'all to know because and I want him to say it. Of every athlete or entertainer that came here, he's the most prepared, he was the most involved. He don't have my notebook everything written down.
Speaker 1: Similar to probably the way we were all preparing in football, saying they're sitting there in the beginning of the meeting Ryan, he's like the dude who comes in. Everybody knows who Ryan Clark is, but he's sitting there being like the the the example of what a coach wants, sitting there with your notebook out, ready to take notes.
Speaker 2: And had a lot of coffee that year too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, and that's kind of when you know will like, I started kind of putting feelers out seeing what I could do.
Speaker 2: Okay, now what kind of feelers? Like, what are these things that you were doing?
Speaker 3: So so so what I did was did you go.
Speaker 2: To those boots camp set thing? No, you didn't do none of that.
Speaker 3: Oh it was a stupid What I did, bro, Let me tell you about the feeler. A filler was Twitter. Okay, yeah, so I tweet Jeer Ten. I was like, man, if anybody needs an intern who's hard working, who's looking to start a new career, hit me up. Trey Wingo dms me. I was following Trey Wingo. Trey Wingo goes you should intern here, and I was like, y'all do y'all do that? He was like, no, but I'm sure they'll do it for you. The Super bowls in New Orleans that year, I go to a Super Bowl to work on NFL Live to kind of do a guest spot. Trey says, coming with me. Introduce me to Seth mark Man who runs NFL at ESPN, and he's like, Ryan Clark wants to do an internship. You should let him. He said, I'll take care of it. I go, I work for a week, and so usually when you go there, there's somebody who basically holds your hand as you walk.
Speaker 2: Around, right and you do it.
Speaker 3: And so this week for me, I got my emails like every other analyst, the producers reached out to me like every other analyst, and it was basically a test run for me to see if I liked it, but to see if I was good at it.
Speaker 2: I do that for a week.
Speaker 3: Bro. That next monday, I got agents calling me and one of them said, like the magic phrase, they go, I think I could get you paid to do TV while you play.
Speaker 2: I said, you won, and so.
Speaker 3: Little a little bit later they work out a deal and so basically like my last two years in the league, last with Pittsburgh the one with Washington. I lived off of TV money and just banked my football money.
Speaker 2: No ship, yep.
Speaker 1: So how stressful was it going back and forth and doing both, you know what like or was it not that bad?
Speaker 3: It's it's not bad, bro, Like you know you you do this job and I saw I think it was a Field Yates, you know, tweeted you that you're an excellent podcast or what you are, and it made me kind of proud of you because no, no, because I was like, that's not you know, I'm saying that made me proud and so but you know, like there's preparation that goes into this, but when you are on the microphone, you just you like even with the Silverado, you know, the Silverado ad like.
Speaker 2: You were just you.
Speaker 3: I know what the words say, but the words that you the way you said it was Will Compton like that's what this is. And so going up for a weekend and talking about football, which I loved, which I watched, that wasn't stressful to me. I think the it was more stressful in Pittsburgh because the first year I did it, we were zero and four to start that year, which is something that never happens in Pittsbagh.
Speaker 2: So sorry to cut you off.
Speaker 1: When our first year of doing the podcast and we backlogged a lot of episodes to make us last of the year is the year I ended up playing for the Raiders, so I wasn't on the team, but until I got picked up on the Raiders, I was, you know, a Titan like I was essentially a fan of the Titans, still getting with the Titans in the bus with the boys.
Speaker 2: Titans started off like two and four.
Speaker 1: So every time the Titans lose, like, I'm sitting at home like, fuck man, I don't even want to post this stuff. And I can only imagine what it was like for probably Taylor or having to go into the facility and continue to kind of be out front of it.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, no, go ahead, I.
Speaker 3: Just kind of no, no, no, you're absolutely right. And so in Pittsburgh, you know what it is. It's it's one of those things. It's like, oh, you ain't focused on football, You're on TV every Tuesday, woo, and cause it's a still time, right, It's a town that's about winning championships, which I had already done, right, And also Tuto like people they tweet me that and saying that I was like, mother f I lost my spleen, my gallbladder, piece of my liver for this team, right, Like I didn't done all that, And it's always that thing, right, have a plan B. But your plan B can't be visible like mine was. You see what I'm saying, Like, say, I was doing construction in the off season. Oh, that's admirable. You know, he's doing like an everyday working man's job.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Or if I was run Clark does in the off season Bill Houses exactly, like this is so awesome.
Speaker 2: This is a man who was preparing.
Speaker 3: But since I was doing TV and it's during the season, it's like, okay, is that taking his focus? No? They just asking me questions about the freaking Pittsburgh Steelers. I know about them more than anybody, and so like that was the thing. And then and it did become it did become for me an issue because just like you know, perception, even though it's not the truth, can be reality, right, And so the perception of me throughout my career was exactly what you said.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: First in the meeting, always prepared, works extremely hard, like all these things, and it hurt me a little bit for people to think that I didn't care anymore just because I understood the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like and it sucks too, because I feel like what plays into that perception too, is because you care so much about like the team, and even though that perception, even though you know like the boys don't necessarily think that way, there's still a part of you that I know for me too, like you just lay up like, man, I hope coach or I hope you know the fellas aren't getting like any kind of wrong idea because I've read something on social media that's got me and my feeling.
Speaker 3: You internalize that, and that's the you know, like people we all want to live by like the whole we don't really care what people think. And and to an extent, I think, like I'm very much like that. But the other side of it is too is I don't, like, I don't want to be misunderstood. And so we had a meeting at work one time and my boss, this is when like Jason Whitten was coming over to ESPN to do Monday night football before he had to go back to do football because he wasn't really.
Speaker 2: Good night before.
Speaker 3: He made the right scitions to go back and then never come back again. And so like he's going through like Jason Witten's ten Twitter rules or something like that, right, and so like one of the rules was, uh, don't argue with people on Twitter, and so like, you know, my boss and I love him, and I text him about it was just kind of like, uh, you know, make the joke the whole, like like like Ryan argues with guys with two followers and it's a big meeting, right. I I didn't do to him what I did to Jay Gruden that time when he was like talking subliminately about RG and I stood up and was like, hey, guys, we know he's talking about RG three.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I forgot about that. I was the captain. I could do what that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, sa, bro, like we know what's going on, Like come on, dog, you know what I mean. And so I didn't do that. But I text him afterwards though, you know, and I was like, look, man, who'd you text that? George my boss? I texted him, I said, Bro, I said, you know, I said, Jason Whitten is fine. You know, I think I think Jason Wittenes. This is before he started workings. I think he's a great man because he is. I've met him. I love talking to him the things he does in the community. But I was like, I ain't that dude. I was like, I'm a fighter, you know what I'm saying. And I was like, and to have a team, like, you got to have all types of people. You gotta have a dude that's gonna be calm and not get into arguments, and then you got to have a dude that when the argument start, he gonna be out front making sure everybody's good. But most of the time, bro, like I reply to these things like you could say, like when people say like mean, stupid, ignorant things about me, I don't respond to that unless like I can see their profile pick and it have some obvious deformity that I know they might be insensitive about and not like a real deformity. Yeah yeah, no, not a dog, because that's not fun.
Speaker 2: To talk about.
Speaker 3: Like if the person like it's like slightly unhandsome or slight something like that, well I could take a shot in joke. I'll do that if they say something like they cuss me or something like that. But Most of the time, I respond because the reason they hate me or dislike me or disagree with me is because they don't understand it. Like I'm cool with the fact that you don't like something I say, Like if I say something like if I say something about Josh Allen and you disagree, which Bill's Mafia does often, and you have me one hundred percent pegged the right way, Like if I say, yeah, Josh Allen, you know it wasn't great. You know, we saw him with sin, but I didn't necessarily think he was the top ten quarterback before last year. Now with Stefan Diggs, he's ascended and you get that and you're like, nah, but he was great two years ago. I'd be like, nah, you still that's not true. But I'm not mad because you understood me, like you got it. But when people like feel like you know, like sometimes I get the thing that I'm racist because I stand up for black people.
Speaker 2: No I'm not right, No I'm not you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know, like my oldest daughter's white, Like you know what I mean, Like you know and so, but I'm not. But during twenty twenty, when I felt like it was important to speak up, I did, But because I spoke up people was like, oh, you must feel this way, and I would have to reply to that because I don't want that misconception about me. Now if you don't if you hear what I say and understand it and still don't f with me.
Speaker 2: So I don't even know you anyway, But I just don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be misunderstood because once those things get out, eventually those narrative narratives begin to carry and I don't want that.
Speaker 2: So do you feel like.
Speaker 1: It's part of the game that we are in as like in this world of social media media in general, to have like certain we call it branding, to engage with fans as well, because like you could take the rules of like the example being you a nalg of Jason Wit or don't argue with trolls or people like that on on Twitter, like me in my seat the reason I have fun and don't take it so serious and I'm out there, I'm tweeting and stuff like that, Like I wasn't like a quarterback or like Peyton Manning who doesn't even need Twitter because whatever he does is gonna be whatever it is, It's gonna be goals, right, Like they just say it's gonna be funny because he doesn't need Twitter to build anything. But I feel like that plays into some of our branding as far as engaging, as long as we understand how to compartmentalize, you know, you don't want to be misunderstood. But like playing in all this stuff because people like, why do you even give it? Why do even give it gas? And for me it's like, well, I mean it's gonna be funny, Like I think it comes off as funny.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like I think like some of it for me is funny. Like I said, when I look at profile picks and talk, I also like to engage too, Like you know, I started a new I got a new MMA show and the comments are bad, but the dms are worse, Like straight up bro like the stuff. So no, oh man, they you stupid mother effort. You don't know nothing because you don't think Islam. Machachev's last fight against Moisis was a good fight.
Speaker 2: Now it was boring as hell, But what happens is right.
Speaker 3: I answer those questions and I have those conversations with those people because a lot of times I learned because what we know is this right, you can be as good as you and you can think you're as good as you want to be in that seat, but it's about how people see you that's eventually gonna get you paid period, right, And whether it's to hire or upstat see you or executives in different places, or it's just the feedback they get from your show and a way to show rates like that's how like like that's how like that's our value, And it's not the value that you have to internalize, right, Like, I don't have to walk out and be like, dang, I ain't worth nothing because these people don't agree.
Speaker 2: Now, it's not how it works.
Speaker 3: How it works is if they don't hate me enough to watch it and talk about it, or love me enough to watch it and talk about it, then I ain't winning.
Speaker 2: Right. Kanye, who's that crap crazy.
Speaker 3: Now right, has a line in a song that's like one of my favorite lines ever, and it's very simple. He said, everybody feel a way about yay, but at least they feel something like people can't nothing us if they just nothing us, like if they could take it or leave it, whether or not we on TV or whether or not we're doing our podcast.
Speaker 2: And that's not good.
Speaker 3: You know, if if they could take it or leave it that this dude's fighting, then that dude don't headline pay per views, or or if they could take it or leave it that that you're you're not playing your game. Those teams don't get primetime games. Like that's the way it works. And so I think that's all a huge like a huge part of our interaction and too on who on who you are, Like I've been around you, like you just legit are fun like like straight up like and in a way no, I'm just saying like like in a way like it even made me laugh one time, you know, like when the whole Derek Heary thing was going on, which I'm sure we'll get to at some point. It was probably somebody in here tweeted something dumb about, you know, about Derrek finally stiff throwm somebody and it was on Busting with the Boys, and I was like, first off, you know, because I run all of my stuff, I was like, first off, Will's my nephew. He know me, Like if he wanted to know the answer to this, so he could text me or I'll come do the show. And he was like, oh unk, And when I see you I'm gonna hug you and it's gonna be all up. And it just made me laugh because like part of me was like, well, if Will's a part of this, like why would he even tweet that, like that's my dog? But then when you said it, I was like, nah, he right, you know what I mean? Yeah, like that part, And so that's what you portray and that's the way you interact. I'm actually like like this, like I don't like stupidity sometimes, like I don't like to be misunderstood, and I think that that comes across. But I'm also fun and I have a good time and I'm silly. But all those things are what we have to portray in our brand. Where somebody like Peyton Manning, it's on display so much and highlighted so much, he doesn't need to show.
Speaker 1: That, right, And I did take from what you were saying that too, like when you are engaging, like there's a little bit of learning that goes involved with like you said, if they hate you that much, they wouldn't watch, they wouldn't listen to you, and all that. But when somebody's obviously projecting and meeting you with some kind of friction and then you talk back to them in a way that you're either learning or you're saying something. They're like, oh, you know, I didn't know you were going to respond, and all.
Speaker 2: These energies obviously different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's something in there too about responding with like, you know, I'm not so triggered by this that I can't like get something about like yo, where are you coming from? Or yeah, you're right, it was born, but this you know, X, Y and Z, And I do feel like there's there's that learning component that you have, which obviously has ultimately gotten you where you are now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you know.
Speaker 3: The other piece about about learning that I had to learn, bro, is that like I can't like Lewis Riddick. Right, Lewis Riddick grew up differently than me. Lewis Riddick has had different experiences than I have. I can't out Lewis Riddick Lewis Ridick, you know, like I'm not going to get on there and be stern faced the entire time and say these things that people think are always so eloquent, you know, Like I can't do that. And I just remember when I first got the job, I wanted people to think I was so dang smart because kind of like what you said too about you know, understanding and branding and this and that. It was like I wasn't a Hall of Famer. I won't be in a Hall of Famer, and I'm not a quarterback, right and so in that and too, like I wear colorful suits.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I had different sometimes you always you always, oh, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I doce different things with my hair, and I understand like the perception of that. So when I first started, I was like, man like, I just want to be smart, man. So I would just study and study and study, and I would like spew the stats I learned and talk about the plays I saw. And it was it was Josina Anderson, who was in Washington, my first thing in Washington, and one day, man like, We're just sitting in the green room and she was like, I wish people knew how funny you were. And I kind of felt some type of way. I was like, what do you mean. She's like, I wish like your personality, like your real personality showed on TV. And she was like, don't get me wrong, you do a great job and people here love you. She was like, but I know who you are and I wish that that showed and like, I just this when Get Up started, and Get Up was kind of like struggling and they were like and then the producer his name is Zach BENNERBIEB and he would produce me every day I was on. He was like, what do you want to do? What do you want to talk about? How do you want to talk about it? Because they were in a place where he understood, like, this is the way the show is going to get off, and he just started letting me be me. And then because I did it on Get Up, Now First Take wanted that me too. Now Sports Center wants that you too, Live wants that you too. So it was truly when I started just thinking, just started just being myself, like being the same person that's sitting here talking to you. Was when my career took off, I think, and also when I started to enjoy it, because it was like real work for me at first, and football was never work.
Speaker 2: And you felt did you feel stressed?
Speaker 1: I guess trying to be this image that you wanted to have as being the smartest dude because you felt like you probably had to prove yourself in this world and overcome some of the thoughts that might be out there, and then finding that new voice of like balancing the humor with it, or that about.
Speaker 2: To get thing.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'm not gonna die stress, like I ain't gonna let that happen. So now I wouldn't say I wouldn't say I was stressed. I just I definitely had to think about it and work on it more than I should have been, because the personality part is truly just personality, right, and worrying about how people perceived me took away the personality part of it. And so now I still study the same way, I still focus the same way. I'm still up on Monday nights, I mean on Sunday night or Monday morning till two three am, get up at five to do get up. But when I get up to do it, it's not like I gotta say, I gotta make sure I hit this play, that play, that play. It's I have an overall view of what happened. I have things that stick out in my mind. And if when I ask the question, that's the first thing I think about, I'll say it. If it's not, then it's not like if you ask me a question. And the first thing, and the first thing I think about is blived on house party and every time he tried to dance with a chick that was saying his breastink and then he started singing in their ear. And that's the first thing I think about. It's the first thing I'm gonna say. And if I'm on the show with somebody black, usually they catch it. If I'm not, usually they don't. And I just keep on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He said, if he's not kind of look to the.
Speaker 3: But you know, and so the thing that's happened from that, though it is greenier Gough. I'm sure that's funny, but no idea what you're talking about, you know what I mean? And that and that's the thing. But I think it's also too since I started being that way, I think it's allowed it's allowed other people to to kind of live in that truth, and it's helped me. It's helped me work with other dudes. You know what I'm saying, Like, if you're on there with somebody who not necessarily like the most personality, then I know that day I have to be a lot of personality, you know, or if you go on the show and you know somebody feeds off of you very well. I know that day I could throw alley oops and they'll catch them and that and that's really I think that's really when you start to get in a sweet spot of people telling you, knowing and understanding that every time you're on a show, you make it better, because that's the goal. Every time you're on the show. You want the people you work with, the people producing the show, to be like, dang, when our seas on the show, that's better.
Speaker 2: And I think that's where I am now.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm learning a lot about his psyche on like going into all these different shows and everything. It's pretty it's interesting to like listen to just because I feel like you've had to you've grown through it all. Obviously you've approached it the same way you've probably like me, it's still being a dumb football player, like being a football player and carrying it over to the next world. But it's just insightful to kind of listen to, like, you know, going into these pre meetings or things and like finding your voice and here's the sweet spot, and here's where I started to learn this, And I wanted to be smarter, but then I had to learn that. Here's how I had to adapt to bring this element to it. Before we go into the next thing, I gotta tell you about barebottom clothing before you pack your next trip. Check out the Boys of bare Bottom Clothing no free shoutouts boys. Their lineup of versatile men's wear is perfect for getting it done this summer. They have the Internet's best deal. You can get two unbelievably unbelievably soft, lightweight tech tees and a pair of stretch shorts for under ninety nine dollars. The fact that it's the best Internet's best deal blows my mind, but that's what we are sticking with. Don't get caught with shorts below the knee.
Speaker 3: With their five and a half inence or seven inch seam styles, bare Bottom has your summer covered boys.
Speaker 1: Everything is built for value. You're getting the softest stretches clothes in the game for a fraction of what you have to spend with the other guys. Me and the boys were putting together. We were building shelves last week together. Right I was in I was wearing my bare bottom shorts. Bloss shoots me a text afterwards comp Where did you get those shorts at Bloss? I'm glad you asked. They're from our sponsor, our friends, bare Bottom Clothing. And then he sent me links it's to theis it's at those So I take my pants off for him, I take a little photo. I send him the tag no pause, and Bloss responds back. But they got a new customer. Their five star rated shorts, swims and teas have gained a cult like following. Now blosses in that cult worshiping somebody following on thousands of guys who have made Barebottom the MVP of their closets. Giving back is that the core for what Barebottom does. They donate a school lunch to a child that need. For each item sold, get free shipping on your first order at bare bottom Clothing dot Com with code busting. That's b U S S I N at barebottom Clothing dot Com. That is also b E a R like the animal Bottom Clothing dot Com.
Speaker 3: Use code busting, say we boys, and get a little solid on these adverts. Now, a man that was actually very low.
Speaker 2: You can buy some. You're gonna buy something.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get all free stuff.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Well, we're gonna hook you up.
Speaker 3: He also to man, you know that that that five and a half seven. I gotta get my vmos right.
Speaker 1: Them tear drops it needs, I say, yeah, trust me, I've been. I was doing the t k E early this morning, your Face First podcast. I want to talk about that a little bit because I was watching your uh, your sit down.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was, uh, what was the one with the DBS called Safeties First? Safeties First?
Speaker 1: And then you sat down with Troy Polamalu recently and I Taylor Legends, Uh talk talk a little bit about what that's about and where you're wanting to go with that, because I feel like you've made a couple of pivots along the way, and now I feel like it's starting to get out there more than ever.
Speaker 2: I'm curious what you're what the brain is behind that open It's all happened accidentally on an accident.
Speaker 3: Accident, an accident, So it started because I wasn't I'm not in love with TV okay, like I just not in love in what way I think, you know, Like I get around people. Marcus Spears is one of my closest friends, went to college together. He's a on TV. We're standing at the spring game at LSU one year, probably three four years ago, and he goes, what do you want to do with this TV stuff? And I was like, oh man, you know, I really love ball and I love the fact they let me talk about it. So as long as they pay me to do it, I'm gonna do it. Yeah, And he goes, I want to be a TV star. And the first the first thing out of my mouth, without thinking, was I don't. And that's one true like I don't. I I I rather be seen less. Like if you look at my social media, like there's no there's no video of me talking holding the phone in my face about anything, right, Like, you'll never see me.
Speaker 2: Oh such and such just happened.
Speaker 3: It was this nah, like because if I ain't on TV, then it ain't for my voice to be heard right now, like and and it's strange.
Speaker 2: Like you having hot takes like doing that, yeah, yeah, but and and so and so.
Speaker 3: For me, it started to become work in the sense that you know, you got to talk about what's hot in the cycle. You know, you got you gotta talk about Aaron Rodgers all summer because Aaron Rodgers is a story, but Amon Rodgers shows up on the first day in his shirt with Kevin from the office on it, right, But you got to talk about it, and you got to talk about it in a way that people get excited about it every dang time you do. And so it started at first because I was like, you know what, I'm going to start a podcast. Nobody ever has to listen to it, but it's gonna be like therapy. If there was something I wanted to talk about that week, I'm going to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So that's how it started.
Speaker 3: And it was just me sitting I did a radio show every week, and the dude was like our video for it for RC, it was in a studio it still will be, right, and so I was going say, I kind of dig that, yeah, so it's still it still will be. And so I took off for most of twenty twenty because right at the beginning of COVID my mom got it. And so my mom has lupus really bad. Uh. She has what's called aspagillous, which is basically like where you get pneumonia a lot. And I hope I'm saying this right. No, no doctors check me her lungs basically have callouses on them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And so if you would have asked me when I first heard about COVID, who's the one person in your life who can't survive it? I would pick my mom, right, My mom, My mom growing up. My mom my parents were my best friends on the East Side. She was my best female friend. He was my best My father was my best male friend growing up. And so my mom goes to church, bro, like eight days a week, like twenty five hours a day, stays in church. And so I call her the first when she first gets it. We're talking about it, and like I'm fighting from crying. She's not scared of freaking out. I'm freaked out. So every day, so every three days we drive down Bringer supplies me and my kids and my wife would sit on my sidewalk where I grew up. My mom would sit in the doorway with her mask on, and that's how we talked to her, you know what I mean. And so like at that time, she didn't test negative for forty six days, okay, right, And so at that time, bro, it was all I could think about, you know, And so I was like, people don't want to come hear me talk about my mom and COVID every day. And so then shortly after, right, we get George Floyd and we get Breonna Taylor, and that stuff consumed me.
Speaker 2: Right, so oh, I mean a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It was like with everything shut down, it was kind of just the focus and magnifying glasses whatever was the big topic coming out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that consumed me, and it was all I could do, and it's all I wanted to talk about. So I'm ad marches and I'm giving speeches and I'm doing all these things. And so I took off for that period of time and so then we kind of swung back around and I started up again in the studio and I just started getting like these ideas of people like I wanted to put on, like people I wanted to talk to, and because it was like my thing, I was like I can talk to whoever the hell I want, right, But it was just all people, if you know. Like I had my best friend on who wrapped and we made an album, and the dude that does all my videography, I had him on and we did a show. And then I did a show about like undrafted guys cause we're undrafted, and it was like, it'll be cool for people to hear these stories some dudes who aren't drafted. And it was the shaser ever than Mike Ford, people who I trained, and so it was like, I want to put them out that.
Speaker 2: I want people to see them.
Speaker 3: All the safeties that were on that show that like all my guys, like I train them all. Obviously, the the Troy thing was kind of like the biggest thing for me. He's one of my closest friends. He's definitely the best friend I have from my playing days, and he don't ever talk publicly.
Speaker 2: Right, He's never out there unless you see it heading Shulders.
Speaker 3: And I think, and he's like one of the most He's like one of the more naturally intelligent people I've been around. Like if he's around it and he absorbs it, he could regurgitate it in a way that other people don't think. Like on that podcast, Bro, I don't know if you finished it, he talks about when he knew it was over.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that yeah, I love that part, just.
Speaker 3: Crazy right, Like I knew it was over because Jordan had to go open the door every Saturday in Virginia for the barber because I couldn't get down the stairs on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Like that was George's son, George my son, Like that's how I knew that.
Speaker 3: And when he said that, I was like, Bro, that was like low key, like the greatest flex of all time?
Speaker 2: Right? Can you tell everybody what U? Yeah? So so what?
Speaker 1: So you can find this on face first podcast too to listen to Troy say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's on you know, it's on on face first podcast, Instagram, it's on the Twitter, you'll see it. So he basically said he was in a position where he felt like he created and innovate and make moves in the defense. Right, he had he had a job, but he knew he could switch that job and try to make a play.
Speaker 2: Go from the A gap to half field, right, and he goes.
Speaker 3: He's like, and then I thought about it. I had no more moves. He's like, I had been in the A gap and went to the half. He's like, I had moved the d N around, I moved the nickel, I played corner, I played safety. He was like, there was nothing left.
Speaker 2: For me to do. I jumped over the line of screen, right.
Speaker 3: And so I'm sitting there listening to him and like I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right right, and I sound like an idiot.
Speaker 3: I'm like, right right, But I don't get it, you know what I mean, Like, it's not it's not processing to me that you played in such a complex defense, You've done all of these things that you truly feel just mentally. It wasn't even physically he felt mentally there was nowhere else to go. And that was like that that was a moment that I learned something about it. And like we talk all the time, you know what I mean, Like like our relationship and my you know, my wife used to make fun of us. She's like, oh, did you call Troy's hair today? Like our relationship, No, I did. Our relationship was one of those like really strange relationships. Like he would always go home and see his family for home games, right, and I would stay at the hotel because like the hotel is for married people, so you can get away from responsibility, yeah, you know, and so bro and so if we had a one o'clock game, Troy would peak me up from the hotel at like seven thirty eight o'clock. We'd go over and guys, don't like I'm gonna try to say this so it doesn't sound as funny. So I'm just gonna pause it now, pause right for the rest of the conversation. Okay, we'd get to the stadium, bro, we both like get.
Speaker 2: Us pause podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Like we'd get to the stadium. We get to the stadium, like we set all our stuff up, like our supplements, our drinks, whatever. They ever put our shoulder, you know, get our shoulder pass ready. I would make a towels. I would make towels for our pants. Troy's not fancy like that, but he liked the towel. Right, yeah, so I do my towel, I do his. We put him up whatever. He'd read the Bible. I'd read and then he would like walk past you like you're ready, and we would go. They had two hot tubs. We'd sit bast each other, talk in the hot tubs whatever whatever. Then we'd shower. He'd put his clothes and I put I know what I'm saying. No pause, yeah, I pause the beginning, and we shower. We'd get dressed. We dap each other off, hug each other, and we say I see you when the game starts, and like we'd separate, do our thing, and then before every game we'd hug, we talk and we say one more of many more. Because that's what we started our first year starting together, and we felt like we could do that for a very long time, like that's what we would do and so and so, like we just had this relationship that was different. And then there was Ike, who was totally different from both of us, Like we were both married, we both had kids. Ike is like this dude from New Orleans who favorite saying is eye contact, get you instant beef, you know, like I could, I could get it to it people during the game and then like if he saw you know, all season, it was not over, like We're not gonna have a drink, none of that.
Speaker 2: Like let's square up. Like that's how he is.
Speaker 3: Like now he boxes, like he goes to these different boxing gyms and spars with people who actually box, like that's who he is. And so to get all those people together, man and do that, like that was a dream for me. And I would have to text and like Troy is one of those people that like don't ever have a phone, Like he has a phone, but he ain't worried about it. So I text him like, hey, bro, let's do this podcast. He'd be like, two weeks later, I'm sorry, Bro, I didn't see that the messages we could do whatever. And then I text him like, hey, man, Ike's in And a week later he was like, Okay, is Ike still coming? And I was like, yes, Troy, We're gonna be there on Monday, Bro, And so we go and that's how it happens. And so now I got one coming out this Friday with James Harrison.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And it's like, and I have I truly, I can be honest with you. I don't know if I have a goal or even a direction. Like I have a marketing lady now, which is super weird, you know, and she's like, well, we got to do this with it and do that, and I was like, nah, I just want to do shows. And I think that's what it's going to be for the time being, because I don't know what the sweet spot is for it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 3: Makes sense, and so we'll see where have you gain gotten like obviously busting with the boys, But where else have you gotten inspiration from?
Speaker 2: Obviously busting podcasting?
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like too, Like, I think it's cool because I've been trying to get him on so you can hook it up.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome too.
Speaker 1: But watching I Am Athlete as well, I saw you going that you were there when my boy Levante was on our So I feel like what Brandon and them do is is dope because of the production setup. I feel like that just builds on the inspiration of guys who want to do stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's somewhere I grab now, No, that's that. That that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Alicia, who produces it, you know, is like different level though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like it's I felt they have rolling credits at the end of the show. Bro I felt.
Speaker 3: I mean, I felt super TV stupid riding over with her to do it because she produced. So they did like a Path to the drast a House of Athletes, you know, I trained. The DB's there and like we're going over. She's talking about the hard knocks and she's talking about the showtimes like twenty four. She did all of Floyd stuff, And the way she got to doing Floyd stuff was was she did Koto stuff when he was fighting Floyd, and Floyd is like, get me her because she had me thinking that mother effort was gonna beat me. Like She's like good like that, you know what I mean. So well, it's just it's just such a top notch team. And I remember going to do it, and obviously so Chad wasn't there, so I was basically taking Chad's place, but Dwayne Wade was there, and i'ma be honest with you, Like I walked in the building, I said on the show, I had like I had one plan. I was gonna talk more than everybody, but d Wade. That's it. Like Brandon wasn't gonna talk more than me, Shanning Fred, none of those. Like if I'm here one time, I'm gonna get it in. But what they're doing. I think what they're doing is different because they have a great group of dudes and they they talk like friends. They like that they go in obviously with the topic and it's easier when they have a guess, but what they're feeling they share, and I think people gravitate toward that. And it helps when you have somebody like Brandon who's had such public struggles with mental health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he has what a borderline personality disorder.
Speaker 3: Something I don't want to misquote it. I know I've tried talking about it before too, and I'm just like, I don't want to go too what you do because I'm not going to do that. But you know, he's very he's very honest about it. He's very open about it. He does a lot of service and activism with it. And so to have somebody like that who's already been so vulnerable allows the rest of the people on the show to be And I think that's you know, like that's a huge thing. I can't I don't necessarily know if I want my show to go in that direction, because the other piece of it is like it's only me, you know, like like it's different if you get to and so you do a lot of things, yeah, and so it's it's different if you get to like if you're talking to the same group of dudes, you know, like the thing like you and Taylor, y'all obviously have like this great dynamic because y'all do it all the time, and then when somebody else comes on, it's like y'all too because y'all the boys and somebody else is on the bus and y'all kind of let them get it. But y'all still throw in who you guys are. I don't necessarily know like how that dynamic starts.
Speaker 1: For me and with them too, they got I feel like they started to take off on Ocho got added to the to the whole segment that was, I mean, you got you got, you got some known players who are all sitting around each other talking and when you got a character or personality like Ocho.
Speaker 2: Like can't lose.
Speaker 3: You can't lose because remember when it started, it was Reggie Wayne.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Remember when so when it started it was Reggie Wayne. And I think when you add the right people to stuff and they get start and you start saying, okay, like Chad, like Chad was Ocho Sinko playing football, you know, so let's get him doing what he what he does and just film it and that's what and that's what happens. And it's been it's been magic. Man, Like I'm really excited for those dudes. I'm happy for him because it also carves a different lane. And like the way I look at it is like this, right, if if you play linebacker or if I play safety, which we did and say we are really good players, and the top dude gets two hundred million. I'm not mad at him, right, I'm glad that you've made the number there because now when they look at me and they say, oh, you're a pro bowler, Okay, you're a starter for this long, you definitely ain't worth two hundred million. But you know what I can give you eighty Where do I sign?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: And that's what they're doing. They're elevating the game. They're making the podcast game different, and you can watch the moves they make, you can watch the way they do shows, and then now you can pull from that what works for you and continue to build your brand. And so definitely shout out to be Marsh and those boys for what they're doing. And it was great to be on it. That's why with my red jackets, so people remembered.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah too.
Speaker 1: And Levante he was so funny because I knew when I saw him post picture of d Wade, I was like, oh, this dude, I know he went from six to midnight when he saw d Wade playing basketball.
Speaker 2: Six to midnight. That's a penis joke. Yeah, six to midnight, never heard it. There you have it.
Speaker 3: You see how you don't understand the black thing. I don't get that way.
Speaker 2: Black. That's what happens.
Speaker 3: I work with baseball, Like one of my partners a baseball player, Bro, and uh, they're fascinated with that part of the body for some reason. And and they say they in baseball. Yes, I mean I feel like football players. Yeah, but they say some stuff sometimes, Bro, And I'm like, wow, I don't get that, but it sounds wrong.
Speaker 2: Y'all can go and keep that conversation. Have they has? I am a Have they monetized that yet? You know? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know because Bro Brandon has Brandon has uh has has has?
Speaker 2: I know he has other brand.
Speaker 3: He has big brain mentality in long term thinking. Yes, because one yeah, realized he made a ton of money.
Speaker 1: Right enough, Like because I don't know if you've ever met Quincy and none, Well, he used he was a receiver. He ended up getting paid there before he got injured. But he played with b marsh And I'm tired with Quincy And I was like, hey, what's up B Marshal because I was trying to get in touch with him. He's like, Bro, like he's all time, Like he's somebody who works extremely hard when he gets done with practice and say he have a helicopter and take a helicopter to go do you know TV or whatever the case may be. So just talks about how much work he puts in this stuff, like House of Athlete all this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy. It's so crazy because he thinks we're alike, but we're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, so I was the first one to do the TV while playing thing. He was the second. Okay, yeah, Lane, yes and so and so he was like yeah, or see you know he was talking to me about it, and I'll be like, b we're not actually the same. And then like even with the gym, he talked to me about like House of Athletes like five years ago and doing that, and I was like, I don't really know if I like. I think he has such a like I have a real like workers mentality. He has a very heavy boss mentality. Like he likes to he likes to delegate, like he likes to create and I like to and I like to create in a sense of I like to create for me like I like to. I like to feel good about doing things like he likes to create on such a mass scale.
Speaker 2: You like to be boots on the ground. You like to be yeah time.
Speaker 3: Right and so and so, Like I think that's gonna be the beauty of House of Athletes for him and of I am athlete, because he's not going to be in the rush, like like he's he's gonna understand and see like this is like this is where I want to go, And until he gets there, he's not going to do anything with it. He's not going to rush himself. And I think that's the same thing that happened with House of Athletes. Like he was building and building and building and putting in architecture and putting in and looking for the right staff and to do the right things and and finally it got to where he wanted it and he did it. Morgan Wells, who is the head of his like pro uh pro department, right, used to work for me and like this dude man had brain surgery at LSU. He ran hurdles uh he's where he worked at LSU. Then he worked at Traction for me with dB Precision. Then he went to XOS, then he went to IMG and Brandon was like after him, after him, after him, after him, and he meant it. He was like, I'm gonna get him, you know. And then he gets to him and he has one of the largest combine classes in the country, one of the best combined classes in the country. You do path to the draft, you do all these things, and he's so meticulous about each step that I think, you know, he is a good one to follow, not just based on what the podcast is, but based on the business.
Speaker 2: Absolutely he's smart. You can tell he's like he has freedom about not being in a rush for.
Speaker 3: Anything, no idea about NBA contracts, what he was getting. He is such a large human like people don't get it. Like I got a picture with him from there, and you.
Speaker 2: See that he boxed. I don't know how well he boys, but enough for me to just be like.
Speaker 3: Not to fight him. Yeah, right, Sure, I'm hitting him. I'm hitting him with something out there gate and you gotta swing first too. But I've been talking to d C about different holes and different submissions, and that's more so where my fight game is going in my forties.
Speaker 2: Speaking of fight game, are you ready to read? Are you ready to do an ad?
Speaker 1: Don't get to do an ad show, showtime, pay per view. You get to talk about the Jake Paul vers Tyron Woodle.
Speaker 3: There. That's a very long ad to do, am I do? I have to go all the way down to the bottom of Yeah, you hit the point. The good Showtime pay per View and the Most Valuable Promotion presents Jake Paul Tyron Woodley. It's a five fight pay per view event and Jake Paul's hometown now Cleveland, Ohio. We know about Cleveland, Ohio. They might win a super Bowl this year, they might get to the playoffs, but they never beat the Pittsburgh Steelers when I was there.
Speaker 2: That's just the thing.
Speaker 3: It's a professional boxing car that will take place on Sunday, August twenty ninth. That's going to be a great day because finally maybe the Pauls lose, and if they don't, they're still going to make a ton of money.
Speaker 2: It's action packed pay per view.
Speaker 3: Telecasts will be produced and distributed by Showtime pay per View, beginning live at a special time of eight pm Eastern IPM Pacific. The main event will feature renowned content creating undefeated pro boxer Jake the Problem Child Paul and UFC champion Tyron the Chosen One Woodley.
Speaker 2: Who's also an actor.
Speaker 3: He's been in movies, and you know, sometimes you get in movies and people like Kobe covetton they pop ribs and all kinds of things happen, So you just got to focus on your craft. Tickets all sell now and can be purchased at Rocket Mortgage, Fieldhouse dot com or the Now, Go to Showtime app or Showtime dot com, slash pay per view and watch the event live on any supported device. The event is also available via all major cable, satellite and telcode pay per view providers for fifty nine ninety nine. That's not sixty, that's a cent less. So if you got three twenties, you got enough money to buy the pay per view and if you can, let me know what happened, because I might not be able to watch it because it's on the twenty ninth and gotta go do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, that was a phenomenal ad read well, thank you. You know, do you have a lot of teleprompter stuff with like with the TV that you do?
Speaker 3: So I finally got I got with this producer named Artie and he kind of saw me, uh like differently than just a football player, which is always a thing.
Speaker 1: And so he was always always, man, I didn't know you were like this. I didn't know that you had this side of you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And so one day, one day we were on and they were doing like the Top ten, and it was like our cee, you were involved in the top ten. So I get to talk like basketball, soccer, all these things, and like sometimes like I mess up names because like some of the names are weird, you know, but they just laugh about it. Had not everybody has two first names. Ryan Clark very simple, very simple. It's like I remember and just off the subject, a recruiter comes down. I went to a Catholic school, predominantly white. Recruiter comes down. They tell him Ryan Clark is down there, and he didn't know it was me because he's looking for a white boy. But anyway, so and so and so, you know. So he was like, we're gonna start letting you read your bumps. But but they wouldn't let me write them. Obviously they were just written for me and I would have bumped. Sorry, So Bump said, so say say after say, I'm going to talk about the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott's contract in the next segment. Okay, and they they might What they might do is say still hand a storm and be like and coming up Ryan Clark talked about such and such. But they would let me do it for myself, right, So I'd be like, coming in the show, I'm going to talk about Dak Prescott. He got one hundred and forty ms. What is Ezekiel Elliott gonna do? And now what does this put the Cowboys in the next season?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And so they write it for me, but they'd write it in like, you know, forty five year old white man boys, you know what I'm saying, and so and so like cornball heads boys, you know what I'm saying, you know, And so like in reading it, I'd be like, guys, like that ain't me. And so the first time I did it, you know, I kind of just bounced around like that and did it, and it was like every time, that's it. That's the way you read it every time from now on. And so like that you get to do to do that type of prompter stuff. When Troy retired, they let me write this piece up for him, and I did that. And when I did that, I was in the prompter. But they don't really give us like those kind of opportunities. Which is the cool thing, Like, which would be the cool thing for you hosting this show, It's not become the cool thing with me. Having a show with DC is like I get to read as and I get to do bumps and do these different things. John Saunders when he was at ESPN before he passed, had a meeting. We had a meeting, you know, Like I got a call It's like John Saunders wants to meet you, and I was like why, Like it's like he's like big time, yeah, Like what is why would he ever want to talk to me? And he sits me down and he goes, don't let them box you into just being a football player. And at the time, like I didn't really understand it. I's like, well, I am a football player. But he was just basically saying like you are talented enough to do all of these things and you should do your best to try. And that's that was like another thing with the podcast. It was like I'm always doing the same thing. I'm basically doing other people's right, Like this producer wants you to talk about this, so you go talk about it. I wanted to be in a space where I wrote the content. I wrote the questions. I've decided how the show was going to go. I controlled flow and that's what I do. And like the cool part about it too, is like one time I went on and talked about when I almost drowned in Mexico. I had nothing to do with sports, you know. Another time I went on because I've been in Mexico twice this year. Another time I went on and I talked about when I was going to fight this dude to the pool in Mexico. Nothing to do with sports, but guess what, can't nobody tell me nothing because it's my show, right, And like that's the cool part.
Speaker 1: So going into you doing other segments because I didn't want to get too far away from the fight game. You are now in that new MMA community, working with somebody like Daniel Cormier who's one of the ghats. How did what was the motivation behind that? Like what made you want to get into that? Is that something you're very interested in? Yeah, so talk about how you got motivated on getting into that, getting that spot and then obviously now that you're in it, like battling at the MMA, because you don't know enough about it because you played Football said.
Speaker 3: First, the first thing is I often laugh because the dude tweeting me or dming me is probably like me. You know what I'm saying, the sense of his fandom for the UFC, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 3: I still have like the Ultimate Fighting Knockouts DVDs that I used to watch, like back in the early two thousands, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: There's no weight classes. Yeah, like people fight, just a huge tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like one dude got on boots and another dude got on a G But the dude in the GI is three forty, the dude in the boots is one sixty, you know. And like Gracie wins those joints, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then and like.
Speaker 3: My first like my first favorite fighter was Chuck Ladell, and I just because I just always thought he was super cool because he was built like that and he could knock people out right, you know. And so like I remember, like my first championship fight was Coulture Ladell won, and Katur wins it, you know, but then it comes back and then you know, so I just loved all of it since then, and I just followed it. And so in the off season, like I would training Kempo in Pittsburgh. I do kim poe a stand up, I do jiu jitsu, I grapple, and I used to work on my tackling all the time, so like double a single ags and like I just always loved it and it was fascinated with it. And then as it evolves, you get a guy like John Jones who's this amazing, amazing athlete. Both his brothers played football, Anderson Silva right like you see all these dudes, George Saint Pierre, and I just fell in love with it, so I would follow it, and then it became this game of can I get my tweet on TV?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like that the UFC sometimes all hashtag, like everybody's gonna know I'm trying to get on the TV right now.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, So and so like I am that type of tweeter, like like that's how I got I got a section on get up a segment that's explain your tweet because I like to because that's how I talk to the world or have conversation because I ain't nobody in my house watching the fight, Like my son's gone, he'll text me or facetiming when somebody gets put to sleep, but I'm by myself in the front, and that's how like I get interaction with people like oh, you know, and so like that would happen, that would happen in my boss Seth markm who run NFL. He was like, bro, you really love this jump, don't you? And I was like yes. And so when I did my new deal, did you ever get on TV all the time? I pretty much made like everyone even before I got the job, yeah, and so yeah and so yeah, because like when the one time, like probably about during like the during COVID, I tweeted it one time.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, how much do y'all think DC ways? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: This is before I had a show with him, and he like tweeted me back. He was like, man, I'm retired, bro, you know what I mean, gumbo jump a live or whatever to answer that question right. And so I got to I got a pilot. So in my deal, I was going to get a pilot. So say say I wanted to do Say. I was like I could have called you and been like, hey, man, ESPN Plus wants me to do a show like I love to do some form of busting with the boys. Can I come talk to you, chop it up about how y'all do it? Produce it, talk to your people. I could have went to ESPN and say, you know, yeah, like I want to do a show something like this, but I had to find the making of where I had to find my people to do it. And so what happened Ario least, Yeah, that's what. And they give DC a list of names, and I guess none of the people were of the m m A community though, right, So it was like actors like other analysts. But they wanted the show to like broaden his reach. And they wanted because obviously you got DC, like if you want real fighting out like the dude does detail like Peyton Manning does detail.
Speaker 2: He's crazy.
Speaker 3: He's crazy good, right And so uh And so I met d C probably four four years ago or so in the airport. We're walking through Atlanta and he's like, Ryan, what's up? And we're talking and like I remember walking away and calling my son Jordan. I was like, Jordan, you what I was like, Bro, Damn call me and knows who I am?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I was like, I was like, your dad might be a star, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So and so like he picked me, man, and and my my boss called me. He's kind of running down my schedule for the season. And he goes, oh, one more thing. There's this DC uh is getting a new part and he needs a new show. They want you to do ESPN Plus in the podcast with him, do you want to do it? And I was like yeah, man, you know, I'm fired.
Speaker 2: Up, and like I'm yeah, I do it.
Speaker 3: And he was like, oh, and so they're trying to start it live in Vegas, like there's some fight in early July. I was like, oh McGregor Pourier and I was like yeah, Like they want you to be there to start the show then, and like go to the fight and stuff. I was like, man, you know, it's like whatever the network needs, bro, like that sh the brand. I was like, that's what they need me to do. And you know, I'll just make myself available, like I have some things, but yeah, I'll move bro. I hung that like I hung that phone up. I was chumping, you know what I mean. And so and so, bro and so like we do the first one and I think it's really good, right, Yeah, I was like, I'm talking about studied, bro, Like I'm watching like all kinds of old fights, like I'm really into.
Speaker 2: It and we do it.
Speaker 1: I was like, here, you're about to take the old mentality of like Okay, I got to show the MMA community that I'm I'm smart.
Speaker 3: But see, no, not even that though, because the cool thing was like d C, DC put me at ease with this bro. He was like he was like RC because I was because I was like the whole time on the production meetings, I'm down playing myself like DC, I'm not gonna try to like yeah, yeah, I'm gonna try to analyze bro, like I.
Speaker 2: Know that's you.
Speaker 3: Like, I just want to come from a perspective of somebody that loves it, you know. And he was like, shut that up, bro. He was like, nah, he's like you coming at this from an elite level athlete standpoint. He was like, yeah, you're a fan, but you understand what it's like to be championship ready, Like you understand what it's like to win championships. And he's like, and that's the He's like, and that's the way you're gonna come at the fight. And he was like, nah, you ain't got to analyze whether or not the submission was done right or or what hold he uses. But you know what it's like to walk in to a training camp trying to prepare for something.
Speaker 2: So he kind of put me at what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was fired up, and so we do the show bro and everybody freaking hates me. Hey, I'm talking about will I walked off like man that Joe was good. Man, Like they gonna feel me. But then, you know the mm commune, especially since it's going to ESPN because their ESPN is trying to broaden the reach of it. Obviously Dana wants to broaden the reach of it. It's like Steven Age's doing it. And it's such a like the mm A community is almost like if Busting with the Boys turned to Yacht with the Boys. Yeah, right, because because because they've been with y'all from here, right and and and they're they're like grassroots from the bottom fans. Like when this thing blew up, like if y'all started bringing on like other people or got other people involved, like they would hate them because they would be like, that's not what it is. When all y'all are trying to do is say, now, what we have is a great thing, and we just want more people to feel it. We don't want to get rid of you. We always want y'all. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, we the garage band, and just because we selling out arena, we're not gonna change our music. It just means that you got to buy your ticket earlier if you want to get as close as you got to us in the other arenas. And that's kind of what we're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Tier ones. That's a good pet thot for the tier ones out there.
Speaker 1: That's how that's like our that's like our light level fan base, wolf packed tier ones.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Well some of your some of your tier ones when you said when I when.
Speaker 1: Oh, buddy, trust me anytime, I'm like, yeah, I got the boy RC coming on. I'm just thinking like whenever I drop it, I just know because the majority of our greedy tier ones are Titans fans.
Speaker 2: Bro, you know what?
Speaker 1: So hang on, hang do we need to get an ad before we talk about this? Oh Cliffhanger?
Speaker 2: I love it all right.
Speaker 1: Now that the world's opening back up, so many new thrills are on the horizon and whether you've been in a relationship for years or just getting started, or are getting excited to get back out there meet new people, and when the moment comes, you want to be ready.
Speaker 2: Roman Ready.
Speaker 1: Go to get Roman dot com slash barstool now to talk to a US licensed healthcare professional. With Roman, you can get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for a rectile dysfunction. I know RC, he talks to me about this all the time because.
Speaker 2: He's getting married.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, all from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Roman, You're ready equals confidence. You're confident, RC, the confidence that you can now rise to the occasion in the moment. We're looking at the Summer of Love twenty twenty one version. Ryan and Roman wants to make sure you can participate in your way, whether that be as a single person or a couple who would still rather stay in with each other. A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan if medication is appropriate.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: It ships to you for free with two day shipping. The whole process is straightforward, convenient and discreet. Get started. It's getting started as simple. Just go to get Roman dot com slash barstool and complete an online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving your house. Complete an online visit today to connect with a US licensed healthcare professional and take care of it. Go to get roman dot com slash barstool today. If you're prescribed, get fifty percent off your first month of ED treatment. Make sure you're ready to have confidence again, Ryan and control this summer the Roman Ready way.
Speaker 3: So so the little time you're reading that, look what I'm thinking, all the tier ones are gonna be like, yeah, that's probably why you said that about Derrick Heary, because even Will said it, you have it wreck.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's just bottle ned. He's projecting right right. So let's get into it. You you had some comments about Derek Henry last year.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need some memory. There we go, Derrick Henry doesn't run over anybody.
Speaker 1: Close to his size dot dot. I assume there's some more contact in there. That's usually what that means. Has late play bravery. Now I'm gonna step back. I was on the team, you know, in my head like okay, we were gonna we were gonna humble the Steelers, which we showed up in the second half almost at that we didn't show up at the beginning of the game. Rebel toasted after the game that we should have beat him. So I believe him. But go ahead, I'm gonna step back. I'm gonna let you take this quote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so so here's here you rally cry for Pittsburgh Nation and try to get a love to bro.
Speaker 3: I know they were so fired up. Gosh I was that was such a great play by me, such a great TV moment. So here's the thing, right, and in sitting in that seat and sitting in that seat, it's it's very hard to get away from who you are, right you play with me, Like getting to run over was never a thought on mine, because I feel like gunfighters get shot, right, Like, if you run up in there enough, you're gonna get ran over. Like that that's what happens. Like it's not a big deal. But and and you're not necessarily yet in this world, but you will be because you're good at this job. When you get around no offense to these people. When you get around normal people, they see life different than we see it, you know what I'm saying. So that that whole time I had been in meetings with people all week that just talked about Josh Norman getting stiff formed, right, and just from the plain football perspective or the physical perspective, one dude six' four arms Like gianni's.
Speaker 2: Bro any photo he has, them just, like how does this dude get?
Speaker 3: Bigger like if you, can't your arms ain't longer than, his you ain't stronger than, His you're gonna get stiff, Form like getting stiff formed is not to me necessarily as physical of a play as the common world makes, it, right, right and so and.
Speaker 2: So because now you got, memes now you got, video, right and SO i just kept hearing.
Speaker 3: It and then if you think about his two most famous stiff form was Turning Earl thomas into a lead blocker right from a, tackler and then The Josh norman thing two people.
Speaker 2: That i'm bigger than And i'm not big, right and.
Speaker 3: So LIKE i just kept hearing, it AND i was like, Bruh like, yes like look at the, dude He's Chase young that plays running back and that's, Faster like that's gonna, happen, Right but WHEN i Watched Derrick henry's run, style, right his run style is straight up right and so there are PEOPLE i have lost to in the open. Field you know What i'm, Saying Like i've been in the open. Field like Ray rice ran me over one time in open field AND i grabbed.
Speaker 2: His leg and like held. On he made the. Tackle, YEAH i made the.
Speaker 3: Tackle but then but he walked over to like the crowd and he's, flexing And i'm pissed off just because Like i'm, like, oh you understand. Football you know what this. WAS i had to break. DOWN i had to break down in the middle of the. FIELD i still got you.
Speaker 2: Down you're supposed to score in. Practice you're getting hyped up right, Defense, like, yo let's go.
Speaker 3: Right, right right, right and so and so and so we get to the sideline of that. Play i'm going off subject. Here i'll be back. Right so we get to the sideline AND i Tell Vince. WILLIAMS i was, LIKE i need you to give me a small. Space and he's, like what are you talking? ABOUT i, SAID i, said IF i, said If i'm inserting in the, RUN i need you to make sure that you have your blocker in the place to where Ray rice doesn't have a long way to. Go and here's WHY i say that's the right man to talk to, you, Right, yeah exactly. So but here's WHY i say. THAT i feel like that in that, moment right in that moment WHERE i know you only got one spot to. Go you, KNOW i know you only got one spot to. Go there's only one way out of, there like you got to go through. Me and in my in my thirteen years OF nfl, Football i've never lost that play. Ever you can look at, it you can go try to find. It in thirteen years of football a small, space you ain't got nowhere to. GO i ain't gonna never lose that play Because i'm gonna put my hands behind my, back jump off two, feet and we ain't gonna stop till my face mask hit your face, mask, period, Right and so like that's the WAY i see. Football get and in that way of seeing, football, right because you get all the tweets Of Tennessee tights. Fans me in my, PRIME i like my chances against twenty, two, Right and ALL i said that week was in that. Moment ever seeing him in that moment against people his, SIZE i haven't seen him drop a shoulder and run through.
Speaker 2: People but, yeah when he get back there by DB's, hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah he tossing him like that's the, thing and this is not for me what Camera i'm looking. AT i Think Derrick henry is a great running. Back he's one of the top running backs in the. League, YES i can say that and still believe all those other Things i've said are. True, Right and so in that you go back To, cleveland Short yordage near the goal, line has an opportunity with one. Linebacker the linebacker gets him down right splaying in that. Situation you can't totally take that right because you got a little bit OF. Tj watt there to Where derek really can't run through.
Speaker 1: It and we're Big splain, fans right because he was With. Tennessee, FRANK i love.
Speaker 3: Him but if you, watch if you Watch derek's feet at those, moments they stop. Right it's not one of those situations where he gets in that moment and it's, like, not it's time to accelerate through this guy's. Chest but, yeah IF i got you off to the side AND i can get this long ass alien arm on your, chin strap on your, chin on your face, Mask i'm finna toss. You and so WHAT i said about the late play bravery was so much of like the safety in me just being tired of hearing it and like and to my, fault, right to my. FAULT i shouldn't have done it that, way you know What i'm, saying way like the way LIKE i did, it in the WAY i DO. Tv, RIGHT i did it in talking like, This BUT i felt like it.
Speaker 2: Made it to talk about making it, Theatrical, yeah which is.
Speaker 1: Part but you're YOU'RE i mean you played for The, steelers like it was two teams out of what are our records and we're both.
Speaker 2: Undefeated huge game and so it's a huge.
Speaker 3: Game, right and so but Like i'm ON tv, though and Like stephen And max or like talking to, me like people should be scared Of Derrick. Henry and WHAT i was trying to explain, is, no you should be scared Of Derrick, henry, right you, know like like and like and like that was the POINT i was trying to get. Across you should be scared of. HIM i ain't scared of, him like When John, Jones like When John, jones, UH i forget WHO i think it was at The francis beat Step a, right And John jones puts out this video and he was, like y'all, saying LIKE i should be scared Of Steep francis And.
Speaker 2: Gandu he's, like you probably, Ain't John.
Speaker 3: Jones AND i felt that because you know, WHY i Saw francis And gandu in The vegas and the lobby and the, lobby And i'm.
Speaker 2: Scared you know What i'm, Saying, Yeah, john you, Right, JOHN i. AM i ain't.
Speaker 3: You i'm. Scared you cannot be. Scared but When Myles garrett with hands walks through the, lobby it makes me, nervous you, know and so and so like and like.
Speaker 2: That's WHAT i was.
Speaker 3: Feeling and then like, finally like ON TV, bro BECAUSE i had been fighting it all, morning it balled over AND i said it that, way AND i, actually, like for the first time in a long, TIME i felt bad BECAUSE i really Respect Derrick henry in the sense that when you look at somebody like that, big that, fast that much, vision that type of lateral, movement like he really is a very good. Back like this guy has a chance to be A hall Of famer if, this if this continues two or three more, years whatever happens after that could. Happen he's probably gonna be A hall Of, famer AND i get, that but in that, moment BRO i was, like, nah LIKE i ain't never seen him against somebody who could look. Him nobody looks, him dang their eyed eye could look him. Almost who can hook him up in the? Eye who can who can be on the same rack in the weight, room not necessarily with the same, weight but on the same, rack so the coaches ain't got to take a lot of weight.
Speaker 2: OFF i ain't.
Speaker 3: Never seen him move those people when they were standing right in front of each. Other and to be, honest at this point in my, life which is a year, LATER i still.
Speaker 2: Haven't and that doesn't mean that he.
Speaker 3: Can't it just means that he. Hasn't and like that was the. Point the POINT i made is one not only. Right two it's, true it doesn't mean and it doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: But there's still he's still playing like it can happen this year and then, no it's no longer, true.
Speaker 3: Correct but it was true at the. Time and you know what happens when he does. IT i go ON tv AND i, say you know, What, derek you did SOMETHING i said you couldn't do same way that people had to sit around and, say you.
Speaker 2: Know, what you're.
Speaker 3: Honest you were seventeen for nineteen in a close out game in the. Finals the STUFF i said then that was, TRUE i can no longer. Say and so then if anything happens after, THAT i can't, Say Derreck carrey ain't never made his own, hole, Right Derek carrey ain't never stumped on somebody's chest without all the stiff for.
Speaker 2: HIM i can't say. That but guess what right? Now tier? Ones right, NOW.
Speaker 3: I LOVE i just got The tier one right, Now Tennessee titans, FANS i can still say it and guess, what he.
Speaker 2: Could still be a good, back Right like what?
Speaker 1: Sucks what sucks? Too AND i know you feel this way when you were a. Player it was is the fact that the worst case that comes from you is you're LIKE i get to go ON i can go ON tv and be, like, Look, derek he did he did. This it is now no longer. True he has ran over. Somebody like you can say all this stuff and that's that is your h like, punishment right like you don't have to answer, that that's your way of getting around.
Speaker 2: It like that's what.
Speaker 1: Sucks as like a, player AND i wanted to ask you about that, too is like going fully to that other, side to where you have to be so objective to where you know that you're gonna, Get like you know the boys in the locker. Room you're not that far, removed even probably when you had to talk about Your steelers.
Speaker 2: At times when they weren't playing that.
Speaker 1: Well like some of the words are, Like, yo why is r he saying talking like that when there's zero context to the whole. Thing obviously you got to do it within like thirty, seconds but now you're your punishment for that is like when he does do, it AND i will be the first one to go ON.
Speaker 2: Tv but that's your. Cycle that gets to be your cycle, Now like.
Speaker 3: That's that's you as a player when you made, It like when you made that, play like if somebody's sitting there or that, oh.
Speaker 1: We get to that story, Too like when that that inch away from making that play on that ball In Super bowl forty five With Aaron rodgers and SOMEBODY O Ryan clark is out.
Speaker 2: THERE i haven't seen him make that play blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blah, right and then that YOUNG rc sitting there as an, athlete you know you're thinking.
Speaker 2: That our c ON tv is kind of living a little rent free in your.
Speaker 1: Head but you're, Like i'm gonna prove that. Wrong when you prove it, wrong that person just gets to go ON.
Speaker 2: Tv, okay he made the.
Speaker 3: Play, YEAH i mean that's the that's the beauty of. It but you know, what two, though Will, MAN i will say, this like the one Thing i'll never do is speak to the character or the character of ball integrity of a. Person you know What i'm, Saying LIKE i don't Think Derrick henry is. SCARED i just think that's the way he, runs you. KNOW i think that's who he. Is you, Know LIKE i wasn't ever LIKE i was never going to go into the meeting with Coach lebou and be, like hey, man when they ain't three pox one And Randy moss is on the, BACKSIDE i want you to put me man to man right because you know WHY i can't cover, Him like that's not my game and so and SO i, think you, know and SO i think that like that's the like that's the one other thing. Too it's like you could BE i can be as complementary of a guy AS i want all the. Time but if something is true to, me, right because let's not say it's. True IF i feel Like i've watched enough film to be able to make a statement about the way someone plays and his fans don't like, it.
Speaker 2: Then you can never be.
Speaker 3: Right also, too not only is that the punishment you don't get to come back from that will, right like like even, now like WHEN i, said LIKE i GOTTA i gotta whole thread the other Day Derrick henry stiff arming people his size when when ONE i know he steps arms people like that wasn't my, comment you know What i'm saying like, That like that wasn't LIKE i get it he could do. That, Nah i'm talking about face up me and you like you know and so like you just we're we're in a position where if you don't say good things about everyone all the, time you can't be loved by everyone all the.
Speaker 2: Time Dan orlowski.
Speaker 3: Everybody who is super smart sent me a text me And Marcus spears actually and he was, like you, know, man he just, SAID i Hope dan doesn't get mad about, this just saying LIKE i love the way that you guys aren't scared to be, wrong and LIKE i didn't know how to take it at, first BECAUSE i was, like is he.
Speaker 2: Saying i'm wrong a? Lot you know What i'm. SAYING i was, like dang d do you feel Like i'm wrong a?
Speaker 3: Lot and But, dan it's a. Sweetheart SO i didn't take it that. Way and WHAT i told him is. THIS i was, like, one we are constantly trying to be prophetic about other adult, people, right we're trying to predict the future many times of what's gonna. HAPPEN i, said can't be? Right, like you just. CAN'T i, said but here's the. Thing it's okay to be. Wrong you just have to have a good reason for being. Wrong AND i think that's what's motivated the WAY i DO. Tv like IF i could go to the, like IF i can, say, well this is the, thing and here's the play of WHY i say why, right here's the play of WHY i think this. Thing you cannot agree with, me BUT i can, say here's the evidence that it, happens. Right and so that's always been my. Thing, now Say Derrick henry comes Out week, one he's faced up with somebody in the hole and runs over, him which he very well, could because he's a ginormous. Man right, THEN i could be, like, man shoot of all the Film i've ever, Watched, like that's the first TIME i Seen Derreck henry do. That, now if he's added that to his, game how do you stop this?
Speaker 2: Guy? Right and and and now it's a nice, way that's. It but it's not.
Speaker 3: That the thing that will bro LIKE i don't need a way out of, it you know What i'm, saying because because, no it's not even.
Speaker 2: That the thing IS i don't need a. Way so when he, does it will but you're gonna be, like, Hey i'm taking this.
Speaker 3: One but the thing is this Though tennessee, fans Right tier one fans right, ye are going to run to My twitter.
Speaker 2: To tell me about.
Speaker 3: It let me say it, again like like like like like like say. It let me say it. Again they're going to run to My twitter to say you know what else?
Speaker 2: Happens?
Speaker 3: Though every time he plays so, Well Deshaun, elliott which really wasn't a face up, here, Right derek makes a, Move deshaun sticks. Him guess what everybody? Did ran to my? Twitter, Right splaine sticks? Him what does everybody?
Speaker 2: Do run to My? Twitter so? Forever?
Speaker 3: Right Whether Derek herey wins a play or loses a, play.
Speaker 2: Everybody comes to me because they're trying to say and that's and So ryan's an. Investor so here's the hard. Part, Right so here's the hard.
Speaker 3: PART i never wanted TO i never wanted to walk that statement. Back BUT i also didn't want it to be THAT i was wishing and hoping For derek Can rey to, fail you know What i'm, saying, Right and so now and so now you're like you're Playing twitter double dutch when people sing you things, right because on the one, end you're getting things when he, loses and you kind of want to be, like, yeah that's you, know people like just Like Ryan clark said such as, such like you kind of want to be, like, yeah that's WHAT i, said. Right or you get him stiff forming like the big lineman last, year and you, know people like, say you say he doesn't stiff form people his, size and then they want to be, like, nah that wasn't WHAT i was talking. About and so now you got to play this game the whole time of people thinking you Hate Derrick henry when you really, don't like he's like every other running back in the, league like you hope he does, well it doesn't really put money in your pocket if he does or. Not but because you say, this, now this is now always attached to. You but that's part of the, gig you know What i'm. Saying and so with that being part of the, gig the thing you gotta do is you got to figure out you got to figure out who you doing this. For The Tennessee titans fans are never gonna love me, holistically, Right they're never gonna love me, unconditionally even BEFORE i said that About Derrick, henry because they're.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll have a new respect now because you're on bust with the, boys, Right.
Speaker 3: But that's because you love. Me that's because you're my, family like my. Nephew this is you, know they didn't want you to have me on, here you just, did, Right so and so LIKE i gotta, LIKE i gotta accept that. Matter like you talk about locker room WHEN i would do my top five every, week, RIGHT espn just likes me to do it BECAUSE i do it in like a different, Way LIKE i barely talk about the. Team i'm just being funny and saying things and having a great, time just having a great. Time, RIGHT i didn't put The steelers, undefeated and they weren't my number one. Team, okay The Kansas City chiefs. Were and guess, WHAT i was right at the point because they were. Better and So Rick ebron AND i forget this tackle on this tackles. Name he was injured at the. Time active on SOCIAL tooa, right very, active, right he's got a. Podcast, YEAH i didn't.
Speaker 2: Know and so.
Speaker 3: You, know he said something about like me not putting them number one or whatever, whatever AND i was just, like oh, man you know there's reason behind, It LIKE i feel listen to. THIS i had you guys THAT i have you guys at number. Two WHATEVER i Think Kansas city may have lost or. SOMETHING i can't say that already. LOST i still have number, one and, uh you, Know and so LIKE i was being nice about, it you, KNOW i was, like he probably feels some type of WAY i played For. STEELERS i was being nice about. It so he tweets me something, again, Right SO i tweet him, back AND i was, like and, like he's kind of joking at. LEAST i didn't really take it at that like that at, first but it felt like he, was, uh you, know SO i kind of joke back and say, yeah, man you're, right you, know but this is HOW i, felt SO i said. It so he has another. One now you come at me this many. Times, NOW i think we have a personal, problem RIGHT i, AM i am forty?
Speaker 2: One, right you got D i got ed from Apparently i'm gonna Go.
Speaker 3: Roman you, know and so like, eventually you, know like it got to the POINT i was, LIKE i don't play like that, though you know What i'm. SAYING i was, like, LIKE i don't know what they tell you about me around. THERE i was, like but like that whole like checking me and stuff that gets like one or two tweets While i'm cool with. It and then eventually it's we have a personal. Problem and the only WAY i know how to have no personal problems is like face to. FACE i was, like the same things they, Say, YEAH i was, like, yeah pretty. MUCH i was like the same THINGS i say ON. TV i was, LIKE i come to your locker room and, say you know WHAT i? Mean And banner was his, name and like he started saying some stuff and at the time like he.
Speaker 2: Was, hurt you know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean and it took AND i can, admit Like i'm not the best person at all. Times it took a lot for me to not talk about what his career was before or that and then him now being. Hurt but it was basically, like, hey, man min your, business because then he jumped in with some, stuff you know What i'm, saying and so like, eventually Like eric was really, cool like he called me or he texted. Me you, know it was like he got he found my. Number he like asked like people and he texted, me and he was very respectful and he was, like, man you, Know i'm a clown this and, that AND i was very. HONEST i was LIKE i am to an, extent you. KNOW i was, like when to, me when you start coming at me in like that public, form LIKE i address it in that public. Form AND i was, like And i'm me every day all, Day like that's WHO i, am you. Know but those are the things like you deal with as a, Player like when you talk about your former, team it's like whereas talking about The Pittsburgh steelers in most of the time for, sure and unbiased fashion is great for my, job it's great FOR, espn it's great for how people see. Me but actually in the, building it's an, issue LIKE i get all the time for steel. Fans why don't you ever support? Us why don't you cheer for? Us, well BECAUSE i don't play there no, More like they ain't writing a, check you know What i'm, Saying Like i'm loyal to the people that write the, checks.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i was A steeler WHEN i was A.
Speaker 3: STEELER i was A washington team player WHEN i was A WASHINGTON i was A giant WHEN i was A, giant you. Know and this, weekend you, KNOW i didn't cry At. TROY'S i cried on the. PODCAST i didn't cry At. TROY'S i would have if he were to, cried but he. Didn't he was, strong AND i stayed. Strong and somebody asked, me you, know there's, like how can you not cry when he's talking about The steeler? Way AND i had to be very. HONEST i, said, well my weight had to be my.
Speaker 2: WAY i.
Speaker 3: SAID i was just blessed that my way fit with The steelers for so. Long you know What i'm, Saying LIKE i wasn't. Drafted you, KNOW i was told By Tom coughlin after year or two he didn't THINK i could play in that, league that the arena that they had arena football that they had football In, canada that special teams was WHAT i had to work. On then in week Two i'm in the next the same, Year i'm facing Up Tiki barber in the second half of a, game you.
Speaker 2: Know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean and so to, me it's, like, though Why i'm loyal.
Speaker 2: To people not?
Speaker 3: Places you know What i'm? Saying DO i Love? Pittsburgh? Like was it great to be A? Steeler DID i Retire? Steeler were the best eight years of my football career being A? Steeler where the lifelong RELATIONSHIPS i have being A? Steeler absolutely? Right but when my people are gone from that, PLACE i don't owe that building.
Speaker 2: Anything BUT i owe that building is the same THING i owe all.
Speaker 3: The other thirty thirty one buildings is to assess them fairly based on what they do as it pertains to.
Speaker 2: Football AND i dealt with that With.
Speaker 3: ANTONIO i deal with that with rankings like that that's just what it. Is and oh, yeah and you know and and so man, like that's what, like that's the thing about the. Job but that's the, thing, like that's the thing about. Life Man, Like when people don't get that the reason a lot of this is addressed or people say things is because like WHEN I i DO tv now in the way THAT i do, it like that's really, me you know What i'm, Saying Like i'm not a characterture of. Myself LIKE i don't go ON tv and act Like i'm not on this bus like acting like this really is. Me and so the way that people perceive this is the way that people perceive. Me and in a lot of, ways like that authenticity is what's made me successful.
Speaker 2: Now but it's also the.
Speaker 3: Thing that makes you vulnerable to critiques because IF i Know i'm, lying you can't hurt my, feelings you know What i'm, Saying like IF i, know like IF i go on the, show IF i go on a, show bro to say something THAT i don't, believe WHICH i have sometimes you, know like you go on first take and you get the little sheet and they'll be Like max is gonna say?
Speaker 2: This this Is max.
Speaker 3: Answer they don't tell you like what they're gonna, say but they'll be like no For, max yes for seing side all that right and the, like and they'll do, that and LIKE i may like if If i'm on If i'm in a situation to Where i'm not attached to an. Answer i'll just answered differently and understand Why i'm answering that, way have great reasoning for answering that, way but not really be attached to it Because i'm, like, WELL i could have answered that question in four or five different. WAYS i just chose the one way that was different from those two because it would have been born.
Speaker 2: As hell for me to be Like, Max SO i.
Speaker 3: Agree now there's some Things i'm so tied to as an, answer and that is so much a part of. ME i can't do, That like are you just gonna have to have a born ass, show? Right or like even like during The kaepernick stuff WHEN i was still WHEN i was, working there were so many production meetings where they would, say are you going to say that ON? Tv AND i used to be, like hell, yeah and they'd be, like we're not going to ask. You AND i got it right because it was not that just that that didn't just save the, network that saved, me you know What i'm. Saying like when WHEN i wore A kaepernick jersey On mike And mike the week After greeney Wore Trevor simme and, jersey AND i got a call that said you can't do. THAT i, said, well why, RIGHT i, said Greeney, Wood trevor send me In jersey last. WEEK i figured he wore a jersey of a quarterback he. LIKED i do a jersey of a QUARTERBACK i. Liked and they were, like, nah but you know what it. MEANS i was, LIKE i absolutely. Do so tell me THAT i can't wear it because of. That you see What i'm saying and so, Like but but that was, Me like that wasn't some dude PLAYING.
Speaker 2: TV i did that As Ryan. Clark you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i had to ask my old lady BEFORE i went, on, LIKE i don't know how this is going to. Play are you okay with whatever happens after?
Speaker 2: This you?
Speaker 3: Know and so though like the media, thing man is like super, Cool you're gonna like you have to find a balance of like what part of the game are you willing to? Play AND i THINK i think they eventually get to the point where they, know like you want what's best for the, team but you ain't playing the, Game AND i think that's the best place to be. In like they KNOW i want to do entertaining GREAT. Tv they also KNOW i don't want to DO tv to make. Friends you know What i'm. SAYING i think once they get, that they respect you so much that they take care of, you which is kind of WHERE i.
Speaker 2: Am and that's what we, Said thank, you.
Speaker 1: Brother Georgia boot Is america's hardest working, boot and for eighty, Years georgia has been making boots that work as hard as you, do even if you live In. Louisiana tough enough for your, job cool enough for everything. Else Georgia boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you never want to take them. Off these boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing any of the comfort or the. Style great looking boots that are wildly comfortable at a price you can. Afford every TIME i wear these, boots people, ask, Yo, cop where you get these boots. From ryan walked. In he looked at the leftist oll the boots That georgia made. Us he, Goes, cop how DO i get these boots in my? Life i'm gonna tell, you stick with, me whether you're working on your feet all, day working around the, house grilled now with your, friends these boots won't sacrifice again comfort or. Style Georgia boot offers the best work, boots, wedges. Loggers whether you need a waterproof, boots steel, toe soft, toe square, toe, metguard non puncture, shank non slip, Soul.
Speaker 2: They've got literally all of.
Speaker 1: Them head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting B u s S I n for twenty percent off the hardest working boots and not Only america but the. World, dude how what time are we? At like IT'S i feel like we can. TALK i feel like this could be A joe. ROGANPOT i feel LIKE i could talk to you for three. Hours OBVIOUSLY i. Can't you got places to be we you, know you got people to. SEE i have a couple. Questions number, one What's Skip?
Speaker 2: Bayles? Like i'm sure a lot of people probably ask, you BUT.
Speaker 3: I just want to know you tell you earlier when you, said, Uh max is gonna Say max is gonna play into this one the bill like you you essentially like they see that they're building like characters kind of like MAYBE ww in a way like they Know skip.
Speaker 2: Could be the.
Speaker 1: Villain skip kind of he knows a role he's. In BUT i want to know what's this man? Like because at times he's a most hated.
Speaker 3: Man In, america So i'm probably about the. BEHAVIOR i really really Like Skip.
Speaker 1: BALIS i felt, LIKE i feel like that's, consensus because why else would he.
Speaker 3: Be, YEAH i LIKE i like him just because too, like, uh he's he's he's more, quiet he's, quieter more soft, spoken, away but a true wealth of knowledge. Though and he was one of those people that because it's such a competitive, business you, know, RIGHT i feel LIKE i feel like everybody feels like the ten year vet who plays the position the first rounder just got drafted, in you.
Speaker 2: KNOW i feel like a lot of people feel, Like, MAN i.
Speaker 3: CAN'T i can't really give you these, things or tell you these, things or give you these flowers in front of, people because that may infringe upon WHAT i. HAVE i think he was so secure and what he had built that he was he was always willing, to like have those, conversations always willing, to you, know help you out and help you understand parts of the, business bring you in to the. Show Stephen a has gotten a lot like that that. Too max from day one has been one of my favorite. People AND i think because he's kind of Like max is exactly like he is ON. Tv skip was harder, though, right because you had this picture of Who skip. Was but you also have to remember the first thing he ever said to me or about me really other than, Hello, skip WAS i just want everybody to know of every, athlete of every entertainer that's ever can't come in, Here Ryan clark's the most, prepared you.
Speaker 2: Know so we started on such a good. Note and he didn't ever talk on you before you got that like as a.
Speaker 1: Player oh you, know he's like a Big cowboys, Guy like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you, know you, know we had the whole thing with Steven a the. Athletes remember they had the athletes versus commentator thing When Richard sherman Told skip he was better at life then yeah. Yeah and so like during that, TIME i went on one day and Stephen a wasn't, on and like the whole thing came, up and like STEVEN a was talking about like how athletes won his job and they don't have degrees and carrying on or, whatever and you, Know i'm a manship mass communications Graduate Louisiana State, university you, know and so like it was my, major you, Know and SO i was on the show AND i was, LIKE, WHOA i can't do your, job AND i do have a, degree and my hairline ain't push, back you, know and so it's not still. Not and so WHEN i WHEN i said, that you, know he. Wasn't Steven a wasn't there that, day And skip was kind of like, quiet like he.
Speaker 2: Let me say, it ain't say.
Speaker 3: Nothing and So bro like the next day Like skip was egg and Stephen a on And steven they went, hard you, know Like i'll come to the locker room And i'll say it in the.
Speaker 2: Stutic vocabulary To steve and he just starts throwing.
Speaker 3: Words, Right so Now i'm, confused yeah, Too and so he says all this at a Time, no we were like twelve or four like throughout the last four. Years So i'm, like that's, Stupid like we're just saying about my team not being, Good like that's. Dumb and so he's going through all this, stuff which is, fine right because he had to shoot. BACK i wasn't. THERE i kept felt some kind of way, though BECAUSE i was, Like, skip you could have said something yesterday or whatever DAY i was. On all of a, sudden Stephen a's back And mum's the word and all that. Stuff and at the, End Bro Stephen ages and as for anything, Else Ryan clark knows what he can kiss and like all the rest of. IT i was like laughing because it was like all, football you. Know and then when he said, THAT i was, like, Oh STEPHEN. A smith wants to fight? Me like that was like immediately my, thought you. Know and So Gaileen. GORDON i Think galen's working with like ABC's like super big time. Now at the, time he was producing the show and him And steve and they are like jam. Tight BUT i talked To gaillen BECAUSE i built on the show or. Whatever AND i called him and he was having like an event In New orleans and at the, TIME i you, KNOW i lived In Van ruges in the off, season AND i was, like, bro you gonna have to cancel your. Event he's, like, Well i'm a whip him straight. UP i was like all the other stuff was. COOL i was, like but, man gonna tell me kiss his? ASS i was like On NATIONAL. TV i was, like him means he wants to fight, me you. Know and it was AND i. CALLED i got calls like hey, man you got to pick. One you either got to uninvite me or you got to cancel. It because either, way Like i'm. Fighting and it was my first conversation with Stephen. A he called me that day and first, thing AND i, LIKE i would respect him forever for. THIS i wish he did it ON tv because you, know you kind of shine on me ON. Tv you can do it ON. Tv but it was, cool And.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he wre one day and talking about how well he knows, you.
Speaker 3: And he was, like but he was, like, uh, FIRST i want to. Apologize you. Know he's, like HOW I he's like WHAT i said was like was. Wrong he's, like not the STUFF i said before. That he's, like BUT i get why why you are upset about. That AND i was actually In Southside. PITTSBURGH i was going to. EAT i was going to a place called The Commas He'll Botchy, spot AND i stood outside of the spot for like an hour and we just talked and he just and like he's become one of my, best my greatest. Mentors like there but even with, that like he don't play with, me you know What i'm. Saying it's like sometimes like you gotta let people know that you are little throwed. Off if you are a little throwed, off because it helps. Them it helps you help them not do anything that's gonna get them in a fight with. You AND i don't know if you follow, that but trying to what it means, is it's, like it's like, this, right IF i don't want to Fight Will, compton, right BUT i know that there are things that will Trigger Will compton to fight.
Speaker 2: Me you know What i'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do i'm gonna make SURE i don't do none of those things right BECAUSE i know that he'll click out and we have an issue now IF.
Speaker 1: I, like if you look at him the wrong, way, right ANYTIME i see that with it like a, Teammate i'm just, like, hey, man like what kind of life have you?
Speaker 3: LIVED i actually felt that, Way LIKE i went to a bro like that's who's no longer exists In New orleans's so, yeah like he played AND i played d in and he was one hundred and forty pounds at high. School, yeah and he ran four two though a pro. Day so that's. Crazy they played d in the high school and so, man you, know so like that's been like that's been a crazy thing ABOUT tv man is like understanding that some of these, guys some of these guys who are just really good at their jobs aren't necessarily those same. People like if you Watch skip baillis, now WHAT i think he's done a great job of is he understands That Shannon sharp has a certain following that he brings to the show that's, good a certain a certain, charisma a certain a certain. Factor, Right, Shannon Shannon sharp is a, Dunker, Right So Shannon sharp Needs Chris, paul, Right like Like DeAndre, jordan he didn't Need Blake, griffin but he Needed Chris.
Speaker 2: Paul and so WHAT.
Speaker 3: I, think WHAT i Think skip has done an amazing job of is Whether shannon believes it In shannon Loves? Lebron, Right skip's always felt a certain way about Lebronh, yeah but but but if you watch if you Watch, skip, now every other person in the world at some point is the best player in the, world Never.
Speaker 2: Lebron yeah, Right but but what does it do For?
Speaker 3: Shannon it Allows shannon to wear goattheads and jerseys and show that he still swollen even in his. Fifties right and so and so and so In truth And, Truth skip has kept himself relevant by saying things even we don't think he believes in a way that makes us think he might believe.
Speaker 2: It and now that's the whole. Thing it's like a.
Speaker 3: Mystery it's, like how does this douse? You, like ain't no way you? Like, bro he won the fourth, one like it's the tenth. One he come, on, bro like especially when he dies on the hill for The. Cowboys but you can't at some point see some kind of light With Lebron, james, right and and and so and, SO i think, like because he has done that and he's stuck with, that it's now created this persona or this aura that you love to. Hate and so in, truth guys Like, skip guys Like Steven ay like they're really they're really media media geniuses in that they've mastered their, craft which is which is the job THAT i have not mastered and probably will.
Speaker 2: Not but you, know that's just a, thing you know WHAT i? Mean BUT i, think Man, tuto.
Speaker 3: You know, one whenever The Mount rushmore swings back, AROUND i.
Speaker 2: Just want to BE i want to Be Mount. Busmore i'm, Sorry Mount.
Speaker 3: BUSMORE i want to be one of the twenty seven people you, mentioned even if not one of the, four not one of.
Speaker 2: The four that makes it because we all know how you do?
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i was just LIKE i. WAS i forget WHO i was talking to the other. Day but it's, like, hey It's Mount. BUSMORE i can have as many people AS i went on the On Mount busmore as.
Speaker 3: Possible, yeah because it's not Actually Mount rushmore is actually not presidents and so and and what was great about it IS i could tell you're you're you're.
Speaker 2: Good guy came out in.
Speaker 1: You, OH i, know, dude because it's SOMETHING i. Batter what are you talking? About like mentioning pretty much?
Speaker 3: Everybody, yeah, yeah and you don't want to fucking SO i was like it was WHEN i was on The Earnest pod and he's, like you did jaelly roll?
Speaker 2: Wrong And i'm, thinking, YEAH i did jelly roll. WRONG i fucked.
Speaker 3: Up but the thing, is, though who are like truly give me the best for?
Speaker 2: IT i want? Them there we. Go now you want it, now, now now you want it for.
Speaker 3: Right you you've, had you've, broke you've had time like you've had you've had. Time And i'm sitting right here, though so we're going to see if like the good do you have to rewatch it to?
Speaker 2: KNOW i THINK i think WHAT i can make.
Speaker 1: IT i think what's tough is not, thinking, oh, oh so now you want me to include if you would be on, it.
Speaker 2: But, WELL i made.
Speaker 3: One IF i make IF i make, one so so so the next time, one and there's to put it.
Speaker 2: To be open about.
Speaker 1: It it's tough because there's different criterias that run in my. Brain it's like with, you like when you were being wanting to be super smart and wanting to come off as smart AND i forget who, said, hey, YO i want people to see your. Personality like there's always a Line i'm not necessarily a battle, with But i'm thinking about it Because i'm, Like, okay DO i want to be the funny guy right?
Speaker 2: Now or DO i want to be the serious be a fucking wolf.
Speaker 1: Guy and so When i'm thinking of, humor there's a different criteria that goes into like That human podcast Because taylor is an, Entertainer LIKE i love doing podswards me and him and we're laughing our heads, off and it's, like is that the mount bust more Than i'm trying to?
Speaker 2: Create or AM i trying to? Create?
Speaker 1: Like, yo what HAVE i gotten out of or how HAVE i been impacted by sitting here and having a. Conversation You're you're definitely in the. Conversation look at me already creating that insurance. Policy but but, real like the Way blash is said always, online like you sit here and you have these.
Speaker 2: CONVERSATIONS i know As i'm listening to.
Speaker 1: You the Less i've spoken on a, podcast the More i'm, LIKE i really fuck with the podcast Because.
Speaker 2: I'm, learning And i'm like diving.
Speaker 1: In like when you brought up being cut in your, TWO i don't know that about you Because i'm so fascinated with people's. Stories so it's like it's DILEMMA i gotta live in Because i'm, LIKE i love. STORIES i love WHEN i get stuffing Like Darren waller being on The pot. Amazing he's somebody who's one percent on, there Like David. Questenberg he's somebody as far as numbers and all that hasn't been like. That it doesn't make the top. Ten but as somebody who battled through cancer was on The, texans rang the. Bell now he's playing on The titans like he's, overcame such, as ain't the Why i'm sitting? There i'm, like, SHIT i did not even know that about this, Dude LIKE i just know he caught a touchdown pass the year before coming off practice squad and spiked the. Football like and then there's Stuff i'm learning about with. You it's like it just makes it so damn. Hard and then LIKE i, like no matter What darren Waller dale And Hard.
Speaker 2: Junior being on the, bus they're no brainers for me.
Speaker 3: BECAUSE i had some money when You so when you pick a guy right or or, there we, go calm me, down calm me. Down no, no, no no, no because LIKE i really, LIKE i really Want i'm interested in this BECAUSE i think you have more like you guys have more of a vision for a, podcast like in On face, First i'm, All i'm all six of these. People, YEAH i see What i'm. Saying, yeah What i'm, saying so and, so Like i'm learning from you. Now so when you go into a podcast and you have a, guest do you know if you want, funny IF i want to be a, dog IF i want to learn, something or are you diving into their story to, See, okay this is What i'm. Expecting and when you start getting, it do you like or do you start getting it and feel like this is where this one is, Going i'm gonna keep it going this way because the other piece of it is it's like they don't say much, right so the stuff that they could be feeling like they might be, Like, ooh ask this question OR i want to hear, this but you have to do. That so do you have a mindset of this is WHAT i want this podcast to be or do you just get a guy start filling them out and then let them kind of roll with it and you figure out how to work.
Speaker 2: IT i think it.
Speaker 1: Depends it's a mix, because like so with, YOU i know the relationship me and you, HAVE i know what how you refer to miss tier ones the entire Episode taylor messaging Like taylor doesn't know how close we.
Speaker 2: Are LIKE i knew what kind of rapport that we, Have SO.
Speaker 1: I knew when it was gonna be me and you one on one sitting, DOWN i knew we'd get a, good juicy pod like this with depth and everything. Else If taylor's sitting on the, Bus i'm sure we get in there a lot of that, stuff But i'm sure a lot of time gets taken up talking about The Derrick henry, thing and you're having more. Fun so sometimes sometimes it depends If taylor's next to. Me but but credit To taylor, Too like there's times WHERE i get surprised BECAUSE i might THINK i want to go a little bit more in depth with this person then have so much more light and have fun Like, dale Like taylor AND i were shut up the whole, Time and sometimes we'll both we might both sit here and think how do we want Because taylor again is a lot more of an entertainment, factor, like and sometimes we might have a guest And alex does all the background search or the guys might come, in LIKE jp wanted me to ask you ABOUT dc because he's a big FIGHTER Nerd right, Now i'm not taking it as a shot like that's you know.
Speaker 2: You are THOUGH i get. It, Yeah but like Sometimes alex will have everything right.
Speaker 1: Now i'll be, hey did you dive in on the story BECAUSE i ain't give much time to like, backlog but before, this LIKE i know you have so much of a story That i'm in the sauna trying to grab all my. Notes he already had an entire thing on. You BUT i might come in and having like just being, like, okay well we wants this so even THOUGH i worked at stately hard on trying to find stuff On Ryan. CLARK i Know will has all this stuff that he wants to, Look, yes but he had everything mapped out for.
Speaker 2: You but so sometimes it just.
Speaker 1: Depends LIKE i would, say who's somebody that's came on THAT i probably sat with one on one THAT i didn't know much, About Nate, bargatzi a, Comedian and so when it's just me and him one on one And taylor wasn't gonna make that, One i'm, like, shit Like i'm gonna have to kind of wing this one on my own a little. Bit, fortunately Like alex always has criteria to go by WHERE i can dive. In you ask a, question they get to, talking you might mirror the last few words that they're saying to get them to talk a.
Speaker 2: Little, more, like, YEAH i got.
Speaker 4: That a lot of it, too is like we we liked the open format kind of lesser structured as far as like let's stick with open, conversations let's get, there and like the boys are so good in their own, worlds like he was talking, About taylor's an. Entertainer will loves to get kind of in depth and get, More, UH i don't, know more like insightful to, conversations and so they're chemistry back and forth.
Speaker 2: Works so it really.
Speaker 4: Like sometimes we'll walk on here and not really know exactly the direction we're gonna, go which is totally opposite of what you'll see IN tv on your side of things, obviously, Right but it's, worked and so we just kind of try to double down.
Speaker 3: THAT i think that's the the beauty of The and mainly don't.
Speaker 1: They only won't they only won't talk if we have like a conversation like. This, usually Like i'll tell, them like If i'm doing a pot of my own or we have somebody on here And i'm, like, hey, well like we, want LIKE i want you guys to be a soundboard just because LIKE i can't sit here and just look at a camera and be like these dudes who just do solo pods and just look at the, camera go topic to.
Speaker 2: Topic hope people are maybe, laughing entertaining them like a tailor.
Speaker 3: Can but, yeah like that's the that's the thing about doing face face, first WHEN i do it in the in the, studio it's you, truly you truly don't know how things are, Received like what's good is there's two people you have no. Clue, yeah like there's two people that work. There so like sometimes you're hear in the, background, ah you know WHAT i mean and stuff like, That you're, Like, okay at least that was at least that was.
Speaker 2: Decent but right you're, like, yeah that was.
Speaker 3: Funny but that's the and that's the strange part about entertaining and doing things by. Yourself but it's also kind of the rewarding part is the, learning you, know and you also have to be willing to. FAIL i, think, YEAH i think WHEN i look at WHEN i look at, football like, football there was no decision making for me and whether or NOT i was going to try to do something in, football, right, honestly it's like only one thing you can try to do is make a team and. Play but there was never there was never a question, of, Like i'm going to give my all to this because that was about that was so much about. Me i've loved it SINCE i was four years, old like SINCE I i knew it was a. SPORT i loved, it and SO i was going to play it as long AS i felt LIKE i. Could and then WHEN i COULDN'T i was able to leave it alone BECAUSE i was, like, Man i'm an undrafted. DUDE i got thirteen. Years, Man i've been to Two Super. BOWLS i was, LIKE i played way longer THAN i was supposed. TO i got every ounce out of this BODY i. COULD i got no.
Speaker 2: More i'm.
Speaker 3: Okay and it's never a day Where i'll watch it And i'm, like, MAN i miss it BECAUSE i, don't you, KNOW i. DO i do miss this, Right AND i get it sometimes through this OR i got it talking To troy and talking To ike and you, know With James, Now LIKE i STILL i get it WHEN i train the boys and we're on facetimes and text messages talking about the game and what they need to do with some of the stories y'all just laughing at you.
Speaker 2: Know SO i still get. That BUT i don't play, football and that's.
Speaker 3: Fine the media side has been different to me because LIKE i actually got to, try you, know and and, everything everything for me with media is, extrinsic not intrinsic in the sense that most things aren't driven by by. Me they're driven by what you get from doing, things you, know which is like that's frightening to. Me you see What i'm, saying because you, know you go out and you do face, first and for, me, LIKE i don't look at the. NUMBERS i don't care who's watching or who's. Listening but you have other people who are involved in your life or like you, know like maybe my wife like did you check to see who's? Watching And i'm, like, NAH i don't want. To but to, her she. Can't she can't fathom doing something not caring how it's, doing not caring how it's being, viewed not caring if you can make.
Speaker 2: Money but to, me it's like it just feels, good.
Speaker 3: Right football always felt good to, me whether LIKE i got cut or, not or WHETHER i played really well or. Not you, know like there were DAYS i didn't play really, well BUT i walked out AND i was, like On, MONDAY i woke up at, FIVE i did this and it lasted all the way till two in the. Morning get, treatment and that's WHAT i was supposed to do On. TUESDAY i did this On wednesday, day and that was fulfilling to me because the schedule and the regiment and the requirements THAT i put on myself was so much higher than the expectations other people put on. ME i had to meet THOSE i didn't have to meet other people's expectations or do things they. Liked it was about, me, Right and so in this it's like if you come on, here bro and you're putting your heart into busting with the, boys yet it doesn't matter necessarily how you feel about. It it's, like does it grow? Right do the executives want another year of? It DO i get another? Contract DO i get to do?
Speaker 2: More?
Speaker 3: Right and that's a scary that's a scary. Deal whereas it's, like this is one of those jobs where whether whether you're right or, wrong whether you win or, lose is not based on. You that's the dope part of, football. RIGHT i work all week AND i have a TRUE i have a true understanding of how well as a group we did our. Job BECAUSE i could look up and look at the score you know What i'm.
Speaker 2: Saying that was.
Speaker 3: Something there was something so like so comforting to, me and that it was, like, man you know, what at the end of the, Day i'm gonna look up at this scoreboard AND i know whether or not we did our job well or. Not OR i could go in On monday and we're gonna watch this film And i'll know whether or NOT i did my job well or.
Speaker 2: Not that's not how this junk.
Speaker 3: Works and so when you're talking about doing a pod by yourself or watching people who sit like a dude WHO i truly admire Is Colin, Coward.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, yeah. Exactly that's a great. Example.
Speaker 3: Bro dude just sits at a desk and bum bum bum bum bum bum bumb like freaking issue to issue, right different like different, thoughts and it's all his and and WHETHER i disagree with him or agree with him or, not they're so well explained and so well thought. Out and he does it for two or three hours On, monday.
Speaker 2: And guess, what he come back and do it again On.
Speaker 3: Tuesday and then it's win like that junkst to, me it's like this dude is truly giving himself and like we're buying it like that's like that's that's a special. Deal and SO i, think, man with with, this this is truly like doing the, podcast doing the stuff with THE, Dc LIKE i can be, honest it's been, fun BUT i know that all of these things had to happen at the right time for, Me LIKE i wasn't ready for this in twenty and. Sixteen you know What i'm. SAYING i wasn't ready for this in twenty and, Seventeen like twenty and sixteen, SEVENTEEN i was trying to find my voice at my real, job and to where now it's LIKE i feel free enough to where man LIKE i could just be, Me like if you if you were On busting with The, boys like the YEAR i, retired it wouldn't have been this, show RIGHT i, mean and then to where now it's like like it still would have been me and, you but the conversation would have been so much more different BECAUSE i was, like this is what they know me as right, here LIKE i can't really in a, BOX.
Speaker 2: I can't really mess this.
Speaker 3: Up to whereas Now i'm like if they watch this podcast and and and they Watch busting with The boys and.
Speaker 2: They're, like man, LIKE i don't LIKE i don't even know why he liked. IT i don't even like.
Speaker 3: Him don't hey, like don't give a, Dang like you ain't got to, right but you can't listen to me and be like you don't agree with these things because they my, Stories you know What i'm, saying like don't give a dang who, cares and like that's the dope thing about what y'all, do, Man and like that's WHY i like the moll bust is like it's, important you, know like it's important that you make freaking. Decisions will you know What i'm, saying, Nephew like we can you know What i'm, Saying, like we can't just we can't just live in the world to where you float around giving, excuses you, Know and you, KNOW i got LIKE i got D m On twitter from this guy who's like actually super cool AND i guess he reports or. WHATEVER i asked a simple question On twitter yesterday WHICH i thought was thought provoking and can have some, conversations and people got pissed.
Speaker 2: Off, right simple.
Speaker 3: QUESTION i think Tom brady's had the greatest career of any quarterback that's ever. Lived, Right, therefore in our, game the most important, position, right the position that people care about the. Most you make the most, money you have to protect the. Most if you've had the best career at that, position you are the. Goat, Right he's the greatest of all. Time YET i don't know If Tom brady has a characteristic one individual characteristic THAT i believe he has more of than anybody. Where IF i was building a super, quarterback i'd picked that characteristic Of Tom. Brady people felt LIKE i was Downing Tom brady WHEN i. Wasn't it was really a compliment because how does a man accomplish all of this? Crap yet you don't have the strongest, arm not necessarily the. Smartest you can't improve and get out of the. Pocket LIKE i was thinking about all these things like other, people and like this dude who like tweets me all the, time sends me all these things in the, business is like going on this grant AND i was, like, bro what the hell are you?
Speaker 2: Arguing like it's.
Speaker 3: Actually not even an argument in the, Tweet i'm asking for your trade that you would pick On Tom, Brady, like, right you might Pick Josh allen's. Arms you know Of Patrick mahomes's, Arm Aaron rodgers, accuracy drew, whatever, right and you, know maybe you Picked tom's, brain BUT i wouldn't Because i'd Picked peyton's, right you know What i'm. Saying so, like but people get mad about that and then they look at you like you're. Wrong you're criticizing the goat you're. Nothing you only won one Super, bowl you only been to one Pro you.
Speaker 2: Know What i'm, Saying she ain't Been. Anne i'm asking a, question. Stupid and on the other side of, that you Ain't. Tom he ain't your, family he ain't your. Friend he don't even know who you. Are what you mad? For you can't, throw you can't you cannot. Throw but you mad at.
Speaker 3: Me and THEN i think about all this stuff And i'm, like but that's the, life and it's actually the life.
Speaker 2: That you want to get to because you want people to be moved by what you. Do that is our. Job our job is to move.
Speaker 3: People if we don't move, people people don't, watch then people don't. Care and what happens is you actually only get to start moving people when you stop caring about which way you move. Them because IF i only want to move you one, way THEN i gotta work at, that you see What i'm. Saying but If i'm just gonna be me And i'm gonna let you figure out what side you fall, on Then i'm.
Speaker 2: Winning and you know that's WHY i get to come on the. Bus you're trying to tell me, that, saying, like you, KNOW i just need to pick my four no that that that was definitely a.
Speaker 3: Pepto and, listen you, know maybe what we, do, man you, know IF i do IF i do well, enough and the tier ones at least except me, enough we just come back and do this once a, year and THEN i can have you And taylor were friends of the show and one friend of the, show and then Once taylor is, free because LIKE i travel with the, Pot, yeah we could do a busting with the boys face first combo and we'll just have a good time and we'll talk And i'll have my own questions for you And taylor and y'all have y'all questions for, me and Then taylor can be, like, oh But i'll treat you LIKE i Treated Josh.
Speaker 2: Norman i'll walk over to the, sideline and then when you walk up on, me you'll look like you might just be creating that you must just be assuming.
Speaker 3: That. Ya you'll look like a tall little person and you'll be looking up at me like, this and Then i'll ignore you Because i'm all big AND i can beat you up IF i want it. To but then IF i beat you, Up i'm dead, wrong Because i'm three twenty and you're one ninety, Nine and what DO i get if you know all these things and all those things might happen and it might be more. Entertaining But i'm just, saying that's, that AND i belong If i'm not on what is another mountain with people's? Faces It's mount, busmore, dude it's a different. Mountain it's a different. Mountain you saw how many heads were on that mountain that wasn't?
Speaker 2: Okay by?
Speaker 1: What by?
Speaker 2: Not how many seats are on this?
Speaker 3: Bus?
Speaker 1: Ah it gives me a good it gives me a better. Number, again it just said all it all depends on the. Criteria you would one hundred get to thirty if you had eight. Seats, hell, yeah, DUDE i should make a. Roster it's fifty.
Speaker 2: Three you can tear. It we could tear.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah we could do a first Team All, bus Second Team All Bus Honorable Mention All bus.
Speaker 2: And you can have. Eleven you can have. Eleven you could, yeah and you could have. Eleven you can have.
Speaker 3: Eleven, Right so if you go first second Team ottawale mention eleven in each what if you could only get?
Speaker 2: One just one? ONE i can only vote One Podcast Darren waller to, me that's a note to. Me that's for, me that's my first. Thrain for, yeah that's my personal like hearing his, story hearing.
Speaker 1: How open he was about him talking about mental, health, like you, KNOW i know the world's kind of shifting and doing all a lot more mental health stuff and speaking on it and everything like. That but he was one of the first kind of people THAT i sat and listened to speaking that kind of avenue doing it too on somebody who was passed out in A sprouse parking lot and then going to. Rehab and now he's you, know made a big contract with The. Raiders SO i feel Like Darren waller has been my favorite. PODCAST i got.
Speaker 3: TO i got to, KNOW i gonna know where to. Go, OKAY i literally flew in for. THIS i got to do his podcast last.
Speaker 2: Week. Darren here's a.
Speaker 3: Podcast Called Comeback stories with a guy Named Donnie. Starkins and So donnie is his yoga and meditation, coach and he's Also Tyron matthews yoga and meditation to Have tyron on and he he actually called me on my way over, here.
Speaker 2: And, tyron, yes did you tell Him i'm about to do?
Speaker 3: NO i, didn't BUT i can tell. HIM i tell him he loves he loves this type of.
Speaker 2: Stuff And.
Speaker 3: Donnie actually is my son's yoga and meditation coach because he's In, arizona and my son's kind of like a big. Thinker AND i was, like, bro you need to, relax Like i'm thinking so much LIKE i ruined you as a, child the fact THAT i would sit in the stands and you tell your coach hold, on, SEKE i go talk to my dad and you to come. Over and we talked coverages so and uh and so like you go on man and it's it's and it's it's it's super. Cool. Uh they kind of send you like they have a list of questions about you, know your your moments of pain and different. Things and it was therapeutic for, me you, know LIKE i ended up talking like a ton and just much like, THIS i get so enamored with the people working with at the, Time LIKE i started Asking darren, questions you, know and he was and he answered and you, know and then like toward the, end he's, like, bro like just listening to you like just was a wealth of, knowledge like you inspired. Me AND i was, like, nah, dog LIKE i ain't come through none of the things that you, have and to now be in this, point in this place in your life where you're using your story to share other stories that mirror. YOURS i was, like that's what it's truly. About and SO i agree with. You, man he's a he's a he's a fascinating human along with being a, shoot super duper. Talented and so if he's he's your number one, bro like you got a good number.
Speaker 2: One, WELL i appreciate. That like his, story like he's on the pot of.
Speaker 1: Me and you know this, too like playing it you played AT, Lsu like he's telling stories about beeing, it like getting p from other, dudes getting somebody to pee in his, cup being drunk on the, sideline like you just you, know when somebody says that you know that teammate or that athlete that you think, about like what you saw in, college and to go from somebody who has a who had a mindset like, that cause again you like, understand you're, like this dude ain't doing shit if.
Speaker 2: He continues to do it like, this like this is a bad influence on my.
Speaker 1: LIFE i need to not be around that guy to like blacking, out passing, out o ding in a parking lot to now being on where he's gotten as a. Human it's just it's just so interesting because it's, ultimately like you, said they ask questions where you're basically talking to, yourself like you having that deep ass conversation with yourself and figuring out building and growing from there about what emotions me and to you and shit like.
Speaker 2: THAT i just find it super. INTERESTING i think that.
Speaker 3: Mortality is like a very sobering. Deal you, know WHEN i dealt, with you, know losing my organs and.
Speaker 1: Please talk about, that oh thank, god sickle. Cell, yeah learning about that and become that near death.
Speaker 2: Experience it's a good. Story.
Speaker 3: Yeah so In, denver you, know we're In. Denver i'm going before With washington like year. Four and WHEN i got, BACK i kept telling the. TRAINERS i was, like, hey, man what's under your REAL i was, like what is? This, like what's under? There and they kept laughing at. ME i was, like, nah, bro like something's. Wrong and so we get To. Friday i've been practicing the whole week getting burned up. Too it's the worst to get burned up by scout. Team you know What i'm Saying i'm getting burned, up And psyche he's all, off like he's, terrible and so they sent me to the. Doctor they give me, This they make you drink that, stuff put you in the LITTLE ct machine or, whatever and they're, like, oh you have a spleen. Contusion AND i was, like, oh, okay, cool to give me some. MEDICINE i can't go to the. Game play the next, week going To denver the next. Time first time In. PITTSBURGH i make the joke leaving the, HOUSE i hope my spleen is good this, time just being, stupid like Because i'm. Stupid and, so, man we're getting on and play the whole. Game we're getting on the bus after the plane after the, game And Ryan gross was the trainer AND i was, like, hey, man like my spleen, hurts and he bust out. Laughing, Right he's, like, ah how you know. THAT i was, like it happened, before and it happened here.
Speaker 2: Too it's.
Speaker 3: Weird doctor comes. Up i'm sitting in MY, CDs you, know doing all. This they get your, BAGS i get my.
Speaker 2: Bags we go to the.
Speaker 3: Hospital they're kind of trying to figure out what. Happens SO i had what's called a spleening, farction which means your spleen. Dies, Right so if you have sickle cell for people that can see, us, right your blood looks like this.
Speaker 2: Right this is like your.
Speaker 3: Blood when your blood, sickles it turns this way, Right so it's like an actual like a boomerang, Almost and so it doesn't pass through the vessels the right. Way so when it gets into your, spleen which is like the largest organ in your immune, system parts of it could.
Speaker 2: Die so the part.
Speaker 3: Dies but they tell, me like the next WEEK i go get the, Test they're, like you should be able to, Play like you'll be, Back you'll be. Okay and So i'm running. It i'm trying to jog around the. FIELD i practice every, day and every day they're sending me home at like twelve, o'clock, bro cause it's. Awful so, man like a month and a half or so go, by, bro and like nothing. Happens like they keep testing, me nothing's, wrong but in this TIME i went from two oh five to one, seventy you know What i'm. Saying So i'm, like, bruh something's. Wrong like one day the doctor comes, In doug he goes through like all my numbers and then gives me the paper and he's, like i'll listen to you complain. Now AND i was, like, Bro i'm not, complaining like something's wrong with. Me but they couldn't find it. Right and so one, day, man one Day i'm in the. House were Playing. Cincinnati OBVIOUSLY i don't get to. Go my mom's up helping my wife with the kids and, stuff AND i CALL i Call. YANK i was, Like, yan do you have a window? Open and she's like. No so Like i'm shaking and not like, shivering, Bro Like i'm, shaking like the beds. MOVING i was, like something's. Open it's freezing in. Here so they get like all these covers, man like they wrap towel around my head and. Stuff and so my wife goes to get the blow, dryer but she had blow dryed our hair on cool so when she put it under the, cover it was. Cold AND i was Like Jesus, christ like you know WHAT i. Mean and SO i was, like, hey that's not. It and so, man So i'm shaking my mom LIKE i told, you my mom praised THE. Toni so she's like Rubbing holy all on my head and she's. Praying SO i just start. Praying, Man AND i was, like you, KNOW i was, like take care of my, kids you. KNOW i was, like bless my, Son LIKE i want to be a great. MAN i wanted to be a great, husband you, know allow him to you, know allow him to take care of his sisters and his. Mom AND i was, like allow my girls to understand how to be independent and to find a great. MAN i was, like allowing my wife to find a man to take care of, him to take care of. HER i was, like only one. Stipulation he can't be more attractive THAN i, am.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Know and THEN i was, LIKE i JUST i just remember it so. Vividly.
Speaker 3: MAN i was, like And, god Anything i've ever done that wasn't the way you wanted me to do. It Anyway i've ever harmed you Or i've let you, down just please forgive.
Speaker 2: Me and you're thinking this is. IT i THOUGHT i was.
Speaker 3: Dying and THEN i, said And i'm. Ready LIKE i tell the story so often now because people ask about. It AFTER i SAID i was, ready it was no LESS i, mean no more than point zero zero one. SECONDS i stopped. SHAKING i wasn't, cold no, more none of, that you. Know and like in that moment, THOUGH i was, like, sheesh you, know LIKE i worked all my life like.
Speaker 2: That that was year.
Speaker 3: Seven LIKE i got my you, know a good deal with The, steelers and you, know we had a big house and cars and. Stuff AND i was, LIKE i didn't really pray about none of that, stuff you know What i'm, Saying LIKE i wasn't even really LIKE i didn't REALLY i wasn't even thankful for any of, it you know What i'm, Saying LIKE i prayed about the things that were.
Speaker 2: Important And so.
Speaker 3: About two and a half weeks, LATER i called a doctor WHO i had seen a ton of, times and he was In New york AND i was, like, hey, MAN i need noth. Test and you could tell in his, Voice, bro he was so tired of, me you know What i'm. Saying he's, like all, RIGHT i set it up for, You.
Speaker 2: Ryan you.
Speaker 3: Know i'm, like you could just. Tell he was, Like i've seen you all these. Times nothing's wrong with, you you know What i'm. Saying so about an hour later he calls and he's like where are? You AND i was, like we're in the. Car he's, like don't pack a, bag don't go to your, house go to the. Hospital they're waiting on.
Speaker 2: You AND i was, like all this.
Speaker 3: Sucks so they bring me to the. Hospital and so the first, night this lady walks in the. Room she's the infectious disease, doctor, right AND i have like this this like little bulb in, me, right and she like opens it, up, bro and she's like smelling it and like she's, like, oh, yeah that's. Infection but they wanted to see what the infection, was you know WHAT i, Mean and so they could figure it. Out but they take the skin and so my spleen was four times the size of a normal spleen because it was. Infected and so that's WHY i couldn't eat because of that closed my stomach and that's WHY i was losing all. That so, man where they're doing this, thing the doctor's, like if we cut you open and take this, out you'll never play football. Again because he was, like because you're because you're training and stuff your core whatever. Whatever so they vacuum. It so they take me, down they put me to. Sleep they got like this little vacuum they vacuum and coming to room, cool they got.
Speaker 2: It they didn't get enough to do it.
Speaker 3: Laparoscopoly SO i go back RIGHT i wake up in the middle of it this, time, though and SO i look at the doctor And i'm, like, HEY i was, like he was, like can.
Speaker 2: You he's, like can you take the? Pain that's what he asked.
Speaker 3: Me AND i asked the question any football player would, ask AM i supposed to be able, to you, Know and he's going, LIKE i, guess like it's up to. You and that to me made it seem, like, well normal humans do. This ain't no, wait, no, like no normal human gonna do WHAT i. Can't SO i just sit there and it hurts so, bad so much so when they wheel me back in the, room immediately my wife goes what happened because she could see it on my. Face AND i didn't tell her right then because you, know she's like in mama bear. Mode but THEN i told her what happened or, whatever and then THEN i asked the doctor LATER i wasn't supposed to be able to take, it by the, way but he wanted to try to get as much as he. Could, Yeah so that that same, night, bro my fever goes to like one hundred and, four right this. Team doctor tells the, nurse, oh just give him some. Talent all this happens all the, time because it was happening all the, Time like every night i'd go to, sleep they'd wake. Up we wake up at like to change all the sheets everything SO i could and change my pajamas and stuff BECAUSE i would be sleeping in. Sweat so, man we do that and then, like h so that would winning on A. Friday It's, monday and It's tuesday morning, now, Bro And i'm in the bathroom And i'm throwing. Up you KNOW i can say on this Show diary or. Everything it's coming out of both. Ends, Bro i'm, like my fever's high as. Hell AND i just told my wife.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: MAN i was, Like i'm. Tired you know What i'm. Saying it's Like i'm really, tired you. Know AND i was, like and it's not Like i'm giving. UP i was, Like i'm just, tired, babe you know What i'm. SAYING i was, like whatever happens from, here, Like i'm cool with. It and my doctor he looked Like Tom. Brady it's called doctor Tom. Brady he walks, in he walks like and he has seen me LIKE i had never, complained, bro the whole TIME i was, There and he walked into the bathroom and he's, Like i'm gonna take you, now you, Know and so he goes, down he takes.
Speaker 2: ME i see the doctor that put me to the.
Speaker 3: Hospital the day, after he comes to visit me and he tells, me he's, like had you not called me On, friday.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have made it through the. Weekend.
Speaker 3: Fuck and so it was just like it was just you, know it's one of those things that that shaped the way like you look at, things you know What i'm. Saying and that's, why Like i'm never, Bro i'm never gonna die of, stress you know What i'm, Saying because it's just like when the normal everyday things, happen like those are normal everyday, things you know What i'm. Saying like when when when you're dealing with the stuff that like we all deal, with like just accept that as part of, it, right because there's so much there's so much else that could be going on or that you could be dealing with that's so much bigger than what every day. Is, like why are you gonna allow that to change your? Mood why AM i gonna allow that to affect the WAY i treat the, people the people around, me and LIKE i have to and whenever something happens AND i, do let it get me a little, frazzle LIKE i get pissed off with myself BECAUSE i gotta bring myself back to what it could, be you.
Speaker 2: Know AND i think.
Speaker 3: In telling that, story LIKE i love telling it in the sense of it helps me, remember, like, man it could be, worse you. Know and it's so, crazy like all of my best, friends like only one friend came to see me and my cousin right BECAUSE i wouldn't tell anybody how SICK i, was you, know BECAUSE i was in that mode of, like don't be a burden to other, people, like you, Know and SO i, remember like my best friend finally did see. Me he saw it was like the next. Year and at this POINT i had gained some weight. Too, BRO i was like one. Seventies SO i, felt, whoa you know WHAT i. Mean he's, like, man your hed biggest. Ship you know What i'm. Saying he's like, yeah he was Like he's, like, bro what Was he's, like you didn't tell me you were that. Sick AND i was, like, Well it was one of those things the doctors never told. ME i was that sick though, too you know WHAT i. Mean and so, like How i'm gonna call you and be, like, well, man Like i'm, dying like you feel all this when every Day i'm being told that nothing's wrong with. You and so like that was just like that was that was a Good that was a moment THAT i remember because you, know two days, Later sean got, shot you, know and you know a little bit after, That i'm To Sean. Taylor, yeah you, Know Sean. Taylor and a little bit after, that, man you get the call in the morning two, words you know from one of my.
Speaker 2: Friends he was like he, died you, know and that was.
Speaker 3: It and then so now you're on the stairs, explaining you, know explaining to your seven year old you, know when he, asked he's like you know that like and Uncle, sean you, know and so like you're dealing with the emotions of like knowing you were in a bad. Place and then and then you, know now your your friend passes and it's, killed and he's killed doing something that all of us would, do which is protecting your own you. Know and then you're watching people ON tv basically say he deserves it and say you live by the, sword you die by the, sword and all this. Stuff AND i see those, PEOPLE i see him. Now you, know they don't KNOW i hate, him BUT i. Do you KNOW i work with some of those. People oh. Damn, yeah, yeah like me and those people ain't gonna ever be. Cool they don't, know you know What i'm saying BECAUSE i try to keep. IT i try to keep it professional, enough you know What i'm saying When i'm around, Him but LIKE i got like me and you, NAH i ain't gonna never be.
Speaker 2: Nothing and SO.
Speaker 3: I think that like that's, part like that that shaped me not talking about people's. Character you know What i'm. Saying that shapes, me not talking about People's it's LIKE i knew that. Dude you, Know LIKE i love him, still you know What i'm. Saying just because he's, GONE i, MEAN i don't love him. Anymore so you would honor him in practice every day because you were a towel with this number and everything else on. It, yeah you KNOW i would. Have like In, PITTSBURGH i tried to get my jersey number. Changed they wouldn't let, me BUT i were twenty one to every, practice my game shirt that, wanted my pads had twenty one on, it my towels. Did and so you, know like when you talk about like the things That darren has has gone, THROUGH i think it's just amazing that now that story is going to inspire other people the way it inspired, you even if and you ain't got to go through the same stuff like you go through, stuff but even looking at, that you could be, like, dang but it ain't, that you know What i'm, Saying and the day you, dealing it's, like, oh but it ain't, That and so many times like that's Where i'm, At i'm, like you know, what it ain't, that. Man and we have whether we like it or, not, Bro like we have responsibilities, Now like once you take this, microphone you have a, responsibility not a responsibility to change the, world but a responsibility to be authentic enough to where doing this actually, matters you know What i'm. Saying like the, fun the, entertainment like all of that junk is important to me because that junk is going to be eventually like how we get, paid you know What i'm. Saying but like WHEN i walk, AROUND i can be one hundred percent candid about. This. Bro like WHEN i walk around and you, know LIKE i make like the white and black jokes and people get mad at, me But i'm From New orleans and like that's what it, is like light skinned jokes and all. That but like WHEN i walk, around, bro like and brothers and like black dudes come up to, me and they always, like, MAN i appreciate the way like you stand, Strong LIKE i appreciate the way that you're. AUTHENTIC i appreciate the way that you represent, us that you represent where you come. From like that matters to, me you, know because like that that is WHERE i come, From and it. Doesn't AND i hate the fact THAT i hate the fact that loving WHO i, am loving Where i'm, from loving people that look like, me that talk like, me that deal with the same things THAT i deal with and have dealt, with means to other, PEOPLE i don't love. Them you know What i'm. SAYING i think for so, long for so, long AND i know this not what this show necessarily needs to be. About for so long in this, country the people in power and the representation of loving themselves mean you mean that you thought others to be inferior loving my people doesn't MEAN i think we're superior in any. Way it just MEANS i think we are of value and of worth as, well the same WAY i think you're of, worth AND i think you're of, worth AND i think all of you of, worth, RIGHT i just think we're all of worth. Equally so in loving my, folks like that's where, like that's where you want stuff to.
Speaker 2: Go and so like you feel like like in our, job LIKE i.
Speaker 3: Don't LIKE i don't want to like you don't want to feel that, responsibility you know What i'm, Saying LIKE i don't want to be sitting in a, meeting, Bro LIKE i don't want to be ON tv With paul Finebamb and what was a very football, Question like he was talking About Eli mann and we're talking About Eli mann and not having it no more And Cam newton not having it no, more, right and That eli was like going to, retire and he said he was so, sweet elis this And eli deserves? Dad eli deserves, This AND i was, LIKE i, Agree eli deserves that for what he has is as a man and for what he did for The New York giants as a. Quarterback he deserves those Roses, paul and then he started talking About. Cam he's, like this guy has never cared about nothing but. Itself who you, Know and it's like in that moment ON tv with your, colleague like you got to make a, decision you know What i'm, Saying like you got to make a, decision like what Team i'm? On you, know because you know, It like you're on this bus and you gotta make Sure taylor looks. Good you gotta make sure your guests look, good because if you f over your, guests you're not gonna get. More you see What i'm, Saying like If taylor doesn't feel a vibe with, you like he's not gonna want to rock with you and do the.
Speaker 2: Show and you know you have a, value he has a. Value, together you'll have a bigger.
Speaker 3: Value and so Now i'm on this show With, Paul, fine BAMB i gotta make a, decision like AM i gonna shine On paul in this? Moment right and take up For cam and talk about the differences in the way that he saw these two. Men even though these two men have both been pillars of their, communities these two men have both given back in this manner of way actually one of those men has reached a team height that the other, hasn't but the other one has reached the individual height that the other one never, had you. Know and so NOW i got to explain that and do it in a way to Where i'm true to the TEAM i work with and not disrespectful to, that but also true to the PEOPLE i represent every. Day and like that's the, like that's the place you eventually get to those decisions because like it's, life, right you, Know and so like you're gonna keep moving, up, Bro like y'all gonna keep doing, things and like that's WHY i asked you that, question like do you have.
Speaker 2: Like do you ever have a way you want to steer the?
Speaker 3: Show because it's basically exactly like talking about, Football like you can't control this, seat, Right like you couldn't Control Darren waller's, Seat like you can't control junior. Seat and it's like you have to be true to. Yourself, obviously you gotta be true to your. Fans but it's also, like, man like what this person is, feeling like what this person is sharing is the REASON i invited these people on the bus is because in some ASPECT i believe that this person had something to, share, Right and that's your responsibility as a, host you but that's the responsibility as a host, Too will because it's like LIKE i came here for, you you, Know Like i'll be, HONEST i ain't have This. Tuesday you know What i'm. Saying i'm just gonna be straight.
Speaker 2: UP i know you Know i'm talking ABOUT i got the show or something like how does he figure?
Speaker 3: Out like you know What i'm, saying, LIKE i ain't have This? Tuesday so WHAT i did was, Like, okay can we meet On? Monday can we do the show On? Wednesday like you, know my old ladies Birthdays, Tomorrow i'm going To, chicago LIKE i had all this stuff going on because you, REMEMBER i was gonna try to do it In july BECAUSE i wanted to be here When taylor was, here right right, right BECAUSE i was, like, man BECAUSE i already knew said it.
Speaker 1: A certain day AND i was, like that's right after the threshold where he goes to can, Right so if you, come it'll just be me and.
Speaker 2: You i'm with. That i'm just letting you, know.
Speaker 3: Right, so but so once you said, that, though it gave me a little leeway of, Like, OKAY i don't have to rush to try to get down AND i can do. It BUT i made this happen for because of, you you know What i'm. Saying, like and BUT i feel like that's the. WAY i feel like that's the way it's supposed to. Be Man, like if you care for, somebody like if you rock with, somebody like that juncture show in your, actions, right that juncture show in the way you live life and.
Speaker 2: The way you respond and all these.
Speaker 3: Things AND i think that's, eventually that's eventually how people, win you know WHAT i? Mean, like people are gonna watch your, Show man and like other athletes and like other, people and they're gonna see damn when so and so went on this, show LIKE i love What will, bought What will. Brought so there's gonna be somebody who's dealt with things Like Darren, waller who are athletes who wanna, say, man If Will compton invites, me Like Tyron, mathew he's been through. This OH i, Know Darren, Waller me And darren at the same, guy that's the SHOW i can go. On that show is not gonna play, me, right because so many Times i've seen people go places and be, LIKE i ain't never effing with that.
Speaker 1: Again, Absolutely so, yeah, NO i definitely wanted to get be at a place to where it's one of those platforms that people use it just like this, nature whether you're having fun and you want to have entertaining like you, know be about the boys and all that, stuff or there's something of value and substance that's behind that person's story THAT i that we want to get to that brings it out and kind of irons a light on. It Darren waller being in an, EXAMPLE i, mean hell, you it's like you, know IF i post out That ryan's coming.
Speaker 3: On obviously a lot of the tier ones that we refer. To think of the one situation WHEN i know myself like he's gonna come on the bus and we're gonna have an incredible, conversation which we. Have so.
Speaker 1: DIDE i appreciate you flying in for this, thing. Man it means a, lot it. Does WHEN i first got to learn From, ryan that was twenty, Fourteen SO i had just started to start games because somebody had got, hurt and SO i THINK i might only started like five games that year with.
Speaker 3: YOU i.
Speaker 1: Was fired, up BUT i, remember LIKE i want to, say maybe it Was. Laval and now That i'm, playing you, know you're feeling a little bit more banged. Up you're like trying to learn about, recovery like always trying to be a sponge around like the vets that have been. There and he's, like, oh cuz or he called me because you call me. Nephew he's, like, Oh, becuz, Tomorrow i'll take you To uncle R C's AND i go over to THE rcs to get AN iv my first time like getting AN. Iv ryan sitting, there he's getting, this he's getting his feet massaged while he's an.
Speaker 2: Ivy no you did? That you're not Getting did you not get that kind of? Massage he wasn't even laid up on the. Table you just you just sitting on your cost the games on that, man just getting.
Speaker 1: Massage but that's WHEN i started to learn about like taking care of your body and everything. Else but, UH i mean it was it was pivotal for. Me SO i DO i appreciate you making the trip out here and coming on busting with the.
Speaker 3: Boys, no, man this was, uh this was. Good this was this was kind of. Therapeutic, Actually Like i'm gonna go home and be a better.
Speaker 2: Person.
Speaker 3: NOW i think the THING i loved about it was one we weren't in a time, limit WHICH i think you probably should have kept me on a time limit because this junk is very. Long people are gonna take six days of driving the world to actually finish, this And i'm sorry people for. That next, time If i'm invited, BACK i would be. Quicker BUT i think the huge thing is is people are, layered you, know Like shrek, said you, know he's an, Onion but Then donkey Told shrek be a, parfait because who don't like a?
Speaker 2: Parfait you? Know great?
Speaker 3: Reference, yeah and you got, kids, bro and and you allow like you allow those layers to. Unfold and SO i think people get a greater sense of who your guests are than.
Speaker 2: They, do like me being ON. Tv, right you have a little, segment you have Certain, yeah you have like thirty. Seconds so what y'all? Do man is really?
Speaker 3: Dope Tell. Tale i'll be back for. Him, yeah you, Know i'll Make you'll have. To, Yeah i'll make sure THOUGH i get at least two or three tweets out about him this, Year so tell.
Speaker 1: Him, okay all, RIGHT i Will. Man But i'm sure we'll link up, again, Bro but thank. You subscribe To bust with The boys Also Face first. Podcast how many is that something you're gonna be like?
Speaker 3: Real? Yeah, yeah so we're coming. BACK i GOT i Got James harrison this. WEEK i have Super Agent Jalen ramsey's alien. Agent Actually david mull get.
Speaker 2: On oh yeah yeah yeah seven because he's somebody who's like out.
Speaker 3: There, yeah SO i GOT i got Him nate burleson, actually which is a cool moment for. Me man At hall Of. Fame i'm just speaking saying, hello and he was, like when you're gonna have me on your? Podcast AND i was like he seems like such a good. Dude this awesome. Dude short, Story i'm, SORRY i know we. Ended we were on AN nfl network while still playing BEFORE i did MY espn, thing and he was on with, me AND i was, LIKE i was, like good for a football. Player he was at that, time good for somebody that had been doing it for ten. Years AND i remember going home and being, Like i'm never gonna be ON tv if they're gonna compare me to that.
Speaker 2: Dude he's freaking.
Speaker 1: Excellent, yeah there's another short stort and then we'll go. Podcast BUT i remember reading a story on him because he attained some award BECAUSE i you, know he was a little before me getting into the. League but, yeah he's somebody who just seems like he's authentically like just.
Speaker 2: Kind of grew climbed the. Ladder they threw his. Authenticity, bro he's amazing.
Speaker 1: Dog, yeah but face first part, Podcast Ryan. Clark subscribe rate five, stars bang the comments all day. Long, RYAN i appreciate, you brother bus.
Speaker 3: More, yeah big shout out to you. Guys if you enjoyed this episode and love and Support busting with The, boys go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to. Us leave a, review rate five. Stars if you're already, subscribed unsubscribe and resubscribe. Again it helps the boys climb the charts and, again we Can't we wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you guys and all of your.
Speaker 2: Support we also have a YouTube channel if you.
Speaker 3: Like if you'd like to watch our show or these, episodes they are on YouTube At busting with The. Boys we're also on social media At BUSTING. Wtb you can follow us. Everywhere go buy our merch you guys know that whole, deal but thank you so. Much we are forever grateful for. You the biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the, boys always and.
Speaker 2: Forever