Speaker 1: Greetings to the Snaffoo faithful. If you're listening to this, you're one of the good ones. You're You're bigger than a fan. You're family now. And speaking of familial bonds, I never feel more embraced as a member of the distinct podcasting community than when I meet and befriend other fellow podcasters. I even had the privilege of inviting a bunch of my favorite podcast hosts onto Snaffoo this past season. Karen Kilgareff and Georgia Hardstark from My Favorite Murder Really brought their true crime sixth sense insanity to our tale of the kidnapping of William Morgan. Robert Evans, the head honcho of the Behind the Bastards podcast, illuminated the Iran Contra debacle of the nineteen eighties with incredible wit and gravitas, And on a slightly more tech oriented episode, the co hosts of Hardfork, Kevin Russ and Casey Newton, provided first hand accounts and reactions to one of Facebook's most epic fuck ups. So enjoy these hosts and several more on this week's compilation episode from my absolute favorite primo podcasters. One of the things that might set our shows apart is that a lot of murders go unsolved and whatnot. But in a lot of murders, like people go to jail. In the stories I cover, accountability is virtually non existent, like snap Foo's big blunders, the big mistakes throughout history, like people just bury it, they walk away or walk away, or they're just people who have such extraordinary power already that they can't be held accountable, which.
Speaker 2: Kind of feels like part of it because when it's like a secret society where they have all the power, but it's such a small group, doesn't society always kind of want to get rid of those. It's like they're waiting for that, you know, that take down. It's all straight modern day the Internet attack or whatever, where.
Speaker 3: We love a good, a good collapse the o G cancel culture right then.
Speaker 1: Well as for old Willie Morgan himself, nobody ever found out what truly happened to him. In the years that followed his disappearance, unverified sightings trickled in. Some claimed to have spotted him traveling through the Ottoman Empire, others others, I saw I saw him, I saw him.
Speaker 3: He had a string in his mouth, he was yelling murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was walking along the top of the Great Wall. I swear I saw her. Uh, that's so funny to me, just like they saw him in the autumn, traveling through the Ottoman Empire. Others swore he'd turned up in the Cayman Islands living as a pirate. Of course, this is the fame Captain Morgan, is it. I mean, it's not this actual that is a real pirate who has an actual story.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But and n I think some people, yeah, your rum, but I think I think this sort of got convoluted with into that. And then there's of course the Niagara River theory, which which several people actually maintained to their death. And uh, in in my very amateur historian view, is probably is the most plausible. Right, he was just dumped in the river.
Speaker 3: You don't think they would have found some trace of him.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I you know, I skipped over this before. But they they a body did wash up, and Lucinda it was like a year later, so badly decomposed. But but Lucinda said, yeah, that is him, I can tell by his teeth and uh. But then another woman was like, no, sorry, honey, that's my husband. I can tell by the clothes he's wearing and the fact that he has a full head of hair, and and our guy was, So that's not very conclusive. I don't know. The Niagara River is huge.
Speaker 2: Also, what if it's the like stone mason bricklayer thing where they knew they know exactly what kind of stones to weigh a body down with to make it disappear forever.
Speaker 1: A mafia style. Yeah, this is so my favorite murder of you. I love how you're thinking. I'm just like they knew how to do it.
Speaker 2: They knew, and you're acting like they didn't get together every Tuesday night to talk about how to murder.
Speaker 4: That's what the secret was.
Speaker 1: Car. I love that you also said like they knew what stones do you use? Right, because like, if you want to hold down a body, you got to use granite. You can't use sandstone.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna work, no bummus, you get holes in the stones.
Speaker 1: We know that, Oliver, forget it. It's got to be it can't be volcanic. Whatever it is us.
Speaker 2: Up here Georgia does cold cases a lot, and I've been trained to be like, well, maybe I'll fix it, maybe I'll solve it or whatever, because it's just like, it's so frustrating when you don't get to have that kind of like and then these four stones were found near this thing whatever. You don't get to have that nice solid ending.
Speaker 1: From your perspective, what actually makes a perfect crime possible? Is it the Is it like the planning and the intelligence or is it all luck? Is it having those levers of institutional power timing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What? What is it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What makes a perfect crime? And I'm not asking because I want to commit one, I'm just saying for.
Speaker 2: Anything, theoretically, we know if you wanted to, if you wanted to write it down a step by step, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, telling as few people as possible, because people talk. You can't get people to shut up, even in the masons. I'm sure you know, there's always a loose thread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these are the people they're so good at keeping.
Speaker 1: See, this is like part of their culture. So in that sense, like if you're gonna have a group on board something like, make sure it's one that already values secrecy.
Speaker 2: Right and already has the handshakes pre pre choreographed. You don't have to worry about any of that stuff. I also think there's like back then, well compared to now obviously, but much easier because I think those like, first of all, they had the they were centered in the power as the Masons. They had like hey, I know the mayor, I know the judge, I know this lawyer whatever. So they had those people kind of in place. So it's like I know a guy, I own the the lumber mill and we have an incinerator there. We have this like those kinds of things. Now I'm planning.
Speaker 1: Them money real specific, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, just making it up off the top of my head. Sure that idea where there's like you've got people with connections willing to all be in on the secret.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah right, and then when everyone's a little bit responsible, no one's going to speak. I'm going back on what I said.
Speaker 1: You get everyone to like do.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 1: When everyone has like some skin in the game, there might be more beholden to the secret. Is that something you see a lot in these murder stories that you guys talk about.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I love cold cases. I'm so fascinated by them and want to talk about them. Is when it's not solved, it becomes this like legend and becomes bigger than what it really is, which is some horrible person who isn't that interesting did something awful. It's not like a legend. It's not powerful in any way. And so like making it into some kind of you know, fairy tale, like just gives it more power. But solving it and showing how sad and simple it is, I think takes that power away from it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, Karen and Georgia, that is today's snaffoo. And this has been an absolute delight. Thank you for coming on. So fun.
Speaker 4: I love that story.
Speaker 2: That was really fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a cool one. It's a cool one, you know, in part because I just love how the scale explodes after it happens. It's like it turns into this national crisis.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, I think he went to Canada. I think he was offered a new life.
Speaker 1: I like that take he said, fuck it. Yeah, He's like, Lousenda is really getting on my nerves. She's not nineteen anymore. I's going to college, forget it.
Speaker 2: And the book came out, so there's a chance that he like made the money off the book and was up in Canada.
Speaker 1: Like it all did It was like kicking him some dividends? Yeah, yeah, yeah maybe what did you do? A Part two? I love trying to navigate this insane moment that we find ourselves in. Welcome to Snaffoo, Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway.
Speaker 6: Thank you. You know Scott is definition of snaffho. That's you know how we got started.
Speaker 1: It was a snaff that's my stage name when I'm a stripper.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's your porn name, sna.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 1: What do you mean that you got started through through an was a mistake.
Speaker 6: It was a mistake. We were I was. It was I've told the story before, but I was host. I was looking for another partner and ran into Scott in Germany, of all places, where he was giving this speech about his trend speech, which is really cool. He had all these charts and I was watching it and I kept learning things and I think I know everything obviously because I do, and but he kept giving me insights. I was like, oh, that was smart. But he was so obnoxious on stage. He danced around, he showed off his stomach, he did all manner of things, and the Germans were perplexed. But I was completely entertained and also horrified, and so I went up to him and I said, you really are a jerk, but boy, are you smart and will come on my show, which is you know, that's the you know, meet cute kind of thing.
Speaker 2: And he did, do.
Speaker 1: You see yourself as a jerk or is this is this a fair characterization?
Speaker 7: It was my first book, so to get on with Kara was a big deal. But just to finish her story, she called me and said, and Kara gets pretty high profile guest. She said it your episode is, according to our data, the most downloaded episode in our history, and we think it's a mistake, so we can want you to come on a second time. That was my favorite part. We're pretty sure it was a mistake, so come on the second time. Anyways, the rest is history.
Speaker 1: There's no conceivable reason we could we could. H Yeah, doesn't makes sense. Yeah, see why you're.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I was saying to him, And it was like perplexing. But people seem to like our Little Dog and Pony show.
Speaker 1: I am one of those folks. And you guys are like a vultron of podcasting because you have your both kicking ass in your own lanes and then you kind of stack up as this giant powerhouse on pivot, and you're so well informed but also clearly insanely busy. So I have to have been dying to ask you this, How do you keep up with the news, Like, what are your news consumption habits? What are your go to sources carry you? First, I've lately.
Speaker 6: Been using Blue Sky and Threads to keep up with news, like I watched them, But I do read the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post when things are suggested, the New York Times obviously, but I look everywhere. I find news everywhere, weird stories, people things sent to me. But I have a pretty strong news diet, and then I watch a lot of TV and etc. Try to keep on cultural stuff and read people I like right that are really smart, including Scott. I read his stuff that he reads. He writes all the time and no mercy, no malice.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 6: Keep up with it rather actively, and I think Scott does too.
Speaker 7: So my media go to is the Economists, the BBC, and the Financial Times. At all of that is a lie.
Speaker 1: I get all of my information.
Speaker 7: I get all of my instormation from Instagram, TikTok, threat and occasionally threads and I hate to say it, but I don't I am, I am. My mind is being shaped by algorithms run by psychopaths. So yeah, I get all my news from social media now, and it wasn't that way two years ago.
Speaker 1: He's also somehow turned crippling anxiety about the future of America into a wildly successful media empire. Please welcome the one and only John love It. Hi, what an intro? Thank you?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what we do here. We honor our guests, we elevate them. And I've been I've been on your shows over the years many times. I'm so glad to have you on here. So in your job at Crooked Media, you basically spend a lot of time analyzing the daily horrors of American politics, particularly Trump World, and yet somehow you stay quick and clever and weirdly hope full. What's your secret?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's the like are you is it just therapy? Or are you on black market ketamine?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How do you not collapse into despair all the time?
Speaker 5: I want you to know something. If I ever am on Ketymine, it will be from a prestigious Los Angeles chased pill pushing fancy doctor. I'm not going to do black market drugs forgive that why I moved to this city, and I should know better. But so it's interesting. The truth is for me. I think hope is important. I think it's important that people feel it because I think without it they may not be as involved or invested in it has real, genuine value. There's a whole whole media apparatus that wants people to feel cynical and negative and to view all politics as corrupt and all politicians is useless.
Speaker 1: And if you give into that, the people that.
Speaker 5: Want you to feel that way when they really do and as bad as things have gotten, as bad as they could continue to get, there are always places where we have agency. And if you're giving up, it's not because you can't make a difference or you can't be involved or you can't have an impact. It's because either you don't know the way to find it, or you've decided it's too hard. And maybe that's okay, that's something people can decide. But like I think there's a way a which people try to tell themselves things are worse than they seem or are irredeemable, because it makes it easier. And the truth is hope makes demands of us. It does, and it requires you to do things well said.
Speaker 1: Thank you for reflecting on that with me. I actually I kind of only want to talk about this stuff with you. I just like how you communicate about these things. Just a quick question. You were on the show Survivor. That's right. Did you guys at any point on that show ever consider eating one another, just like casually a backup plan?
Speaker 5: The truth is I was only I was only surviving for three nights, which meant I only really missed three dinners, and eating a fellow person doesn't come up after three dinners.
Speaker 1: You're already taking this question too seriously.
Speaker 5: But so it never comes to that. The other thing, too, is there are coconuts strewn about. Sure, right, you know the exact number of coconuts one might need to survive happened to be randomly distributed by I think god.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, well, today's NAFU does involve actual cannibalism because one of the most famous disasters in American history. We're talking about the Donner Party. Hell yeah, it's funny. Our shows have some some thematic similarities. You focus on bad people throughout history. I focus on bad events or incidents or mistakes throughout history. Why are we so drawn to the dark side?
Speaker 4: Robert Evans, I mean, I think there's part of it's just like this little piece in all of us that's encoded by evolution to where like if somebody else screws up in a major way, you want to like pay attention to see. It's like if you see a like what happened there? Can I avoid that? Can I make sure I don't get into that kind of problem.
Speaker 1: It's funny you put it that way, because I feel like that's a well intentioned or it's sort of a positive spin on why we're drawn to these things. I feel like there's a darker impulse in all of us. Like why we look at car crashes. It's not because it's like we're looking for ways to avoid that. It's because I think, what, what is it? It makes us feel safer to see other people injured or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know. That is a good one, because like one of my favorite ways to relax, like when my friends and I a couple of years ago, we all got laid off at the website we've been working for, and I had everyone over to the house and I just put on hours with a footage of like people injuring themselves trying to cut down trees, because it'll be like a guy and his kid and like a three hundred year old oak tree and he's got like a forty dollars saw that you bought from home depot and he's like, I can take this tree. And I just love watching like the Hubris meet with physics. But there is a darkness to it as well.
Speaker 1: I think we all have a sort of schadenfreud of gene in us that's sort of like it can be soothing to just know we're not alone in our pain and misery in this world. Yeah, it's pretty universal.
Speaker 4: And someone always has it worse than you do pretty much.
Speaker 1: Now you have a background in investigative journalism with some pretty serious chops in that area. What drew you into that space?
Speaker 4: You know, I've always been fascinated by conflict. I came into it sort of as like a military history nerd someone who was interested in that. But really what kind of like broke me into like a significant role in media was I just happened to be paying attention to these weird little corners of the internet right, as like the alt right erupted and you know, eight chan, four chan kind of like became major things in terms of like people were carrying out attacks and stuff based on, you know, having been radicalized in these little fascist corners of the Internet. And I just kind of been watching them for a couple of years, and so I've realized at a certain point, like, oh, there's not a lot of other people who understand how these communities work. I should probably explain them to people, because members of those communities are now killing people.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: It was a mix of like accident and I guess happenstance.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, it was a product of your own curiosity, right, And I think I feel like that's one of the traits of the great journalists out there, is like this relentless curiosity and that it's coming from a genuine place. It's not just like how do I get the next big scoop? You know, it's like, yeah, I really my sense and I'm not a journalist at all, but my sense of it is that the journalists, the great ones, really have like a personal, like unquenchable thirst to know, and this curiosity that drives through because investigative journalism is tedious, It is incredibly time consuming, It can be it can be dangerous a lot of times, and that thirst for the truth or for knowledge or for for clarity on something is really powerful. I think it's such an admirable space to be in. Do you see great investigative journalism happening today?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who are the people shit that you think are really standing out or doing great work?
Speaker 4: I mean besides Tucker Carlson of course, of course Tucker. You and I are both big fans of Tucker. You know, my old colleagues at Bellingcat continue to do great work. You know, the New York Times Visual Investigations desk has done some really impressive open source reporting on conflicts, I mean all over the world over the last like several years. I find myself really interested in BBC Africa I which is their kind of open source covering, like particularly like war crimes and places like Cameroon. So there's a lot of really interesting nuts and bolts work being done by folks who are willing to do things like spend hundreds of hours combing through like footage that we I know is a war crime, but we don't know what militia was responsible or where it was done, and like laboriously matching, like you can kind of see a mountain in the background, and so they'll just spend weeks going through Google Maps into like it's this mountain, and because of where it is in the frame of the shot, we can like now locate this exact point geographically, and we know that these militant groups reacted. Like that's really impressive work to me. It has so much more of a pain in the but than what I did, you know when I was covering that stuff. So I have I have tremendous admiration for that, and anybody who's doing like financial crimes investigative journalism. This the wonkiness required, the ability to dig deep into like the financials of a company that's doing something wrong is so labor intensive.
Speaker 1: I can barely balance my check book. I can't. I can't even wrap my head around that stuff. And then it's not not only the digging into it and the figuring it out, it's the it's then the ability to translate it into English and then interesting way that lay people can understand. Well, kudos to you and your colleagues and all the people out there doing great investigative journalism. Do you have any specific snapoo from your life that you can tell us about. Oh, Man, can be huge, can be tiny, doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: So many there are so many. I'll tell you for folks who don't know. I took it to year sabbatical from acting with the intent to always come back acting and performing as my first love. But I was the President's le is onto young Americans and Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in an office called the Office of Public Engagement. Think of it as like an outreach office. And on my third day the National Security Council.
Speaker 1: Are you in the White House?
Speaker 8: In the White House, in the actual White House. They add me to a massive email chain. And these email chains have like one hundred people on them, real serious national security people in those days, and everything in government is an acronym, right, So like, for example, if you get an email from the National Security Council, it'll say National Security Council, and then any other time in the email it'll just say NSC. And so they had they said, you know, plus col cal, because you're the President's new the aison to the Asian American community, you should know about this delegation from the Philippines, that's meeting at the White House. And the thing that you should know is about this terror group in the Philippines that you might get questions on. They're called the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. And then in parentheses it just said MILF, and then the rest of the email I'm not working with you. The rest of the email said, uh, MILF is considered highly dangerous. MILF is known to recruit young men, and then things like things like, you know many young men grow to the to regret their affiliation with MILF over time.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 1: Opposite of a snapoo. This is delightful. I love that there are these little, uh, these little nuggets of governmental awkwardness.
Speaker 8: Great. So I thought this was so wonderful that in my head, I'm at my desk laughing my ass off. I hit reply all and I wrote, Yo, their main terror group are the MILFs. Amazing, and I hit send.
Speaker 9: And as soon as I hit.
Speaker 8: Send, I was like, you idiot, you are not in a writer's room at Universal. You are in the White House on an email chain with the National Security Council. And I couldn't unsend it, and I and like it was silent after that, and in the hallway coworkers, many of whom in the in the pod world you all know, a lot of the Pod Save America guys and Tommy Vietor and Ben Rhodes and these guys who I worked with at the time. In the hallway, We're like, yo, that you was so funny. We were all thinking it, like, will one of you please hit reply all and just say lol, that's all I need. I just need one of you to l ol me. And they all were like, hell no, man, this is going to be a public record one day. I just don't want my name associated with you calling out the MILF thing. So that was my one of my professional snafoods.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love it. You know what. The only thing that would have made that snapfoo better is if Obama himself had like walked up into your office, like leaning against the door jam and just been like, cal buddy, what the hell we're gonna have to fire you? Like you're gonna this is not you can't do this.
Speaker 8: If that were the case, I felt like it would have gone the other way and he would have just been like, did you see.
Speaker 1: The name of this terror group? I feel like the government needs more people like you, cal it'd be a lot more fun, a lot more like chuckles in the hallways. And I enjoyed it. It's so serious all the time. At the time, his digital operation was basically non existent. So Cambridge analyticas on opening and they moved fast, pitching themselves as the high tech edge of the campaign needed. Before long, they were brought on to handle all of the digital responsibilities for the campaign, and from there they got to work shaping what voters saw online. The strategy was simple in concept, in unnerving in practice. They'd figure out what worried you, what scared you, and then feed you content that leaned into those concerns while positioning Trump as the solution. So basically anxiety and uncertainty custom tailored just for you, just a spigot of fear. I don't know, it feels like a horror movie. It's how cynical is this?
Speaker 10: I mean, it's so cynical, But also like this just is how we have built our social networks. They're optimized for engagement. So whatever it gets you to open the app more, to spend more time there, to do more things in the app, that's what you'll see and it turns out that if you scare and upset people, they look at the app more so, Like that kind of brutal calculus is one of the reasons why we're in this mess we're in today.
Speaker 1: This is the first place that I've seen or heard about fear and terror being like a deliberate effort on the part of a campaign, of a social media campaign. And yet we have heard a lot about how algorithms have sort of naturally steered things in that direction. So, which is it or what's the bigger force at work here? Do you think is it the built in programming or is it like bad actors?
Speaker 10: So, I mean, look, negative political ads have existed for a really long time. You can go back to like the Daisy ad and you know, do you really want this guy's finger on the button? And you know, vote for him and we're all going to die in a nuclear holocaust. So that kind of stuff has a proud tradition in American politics. I think where camra Jehnalytica felt really different was that was this suggestion that they could essentially micro target and add to your particular fears and neuroses and they would manipulate you into voting for somebody without you even understanding what was happening to you, right, right, right, So you know they could do this at like a massive scale. But you know, because the vast majority of Americans were on Facebook, they could just sort of reach all of those people instantaneously in a way that they would not have even been able to do with a TV ad.
Speaker 9: Well, I think there's some additional nuanced at here, which is it's not clear that what Cambridge Analytica was offering to do actually worked right, worked really well. President Ted Cruz would have been elected, So this may have just been a sales pitch that they were giving. I think it is also true simultaneously that the Trump campaign appears to have done a very good job of using Facebook as a way of getting voters to engage with whatever they were sharing to inspire people to go to the polls. They ran a very sophisticated, essentially marketing operation on Facebook. But it's not clear to me that they did that like using the tools and techniques that Cambridge Analytica gave them rather than just the advertising and marketing tools that are available through Facebook his own ad platform.
Speaker 11: Sure, and also the the the incredible instincts of Donald Trump right, like his just unbelievable ability to tap into cultural tides of anxiety, and his humor, like the way that his I think his undeniable charm was just feeling so fresh and kind of unbelievable to people at this time.
Speaker 9: I think he's like a human newsfeed algorithm. He just you can sort of see him as he's giving a speech. He's just like sort of testing out stuff, and if it gets a laugh or people get excited about it, he like does it again, and if people don't seem to respond, he doesn't do it again. He's sort of like running the ab test in real time on his audience.
Speaker 1: You just put a book out. Congratulations. In addition to your amazing podcast All about Sports, tell us about Good Game first.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so, Good Game with Sarah Spain is the first and only, as far as we know, daily women's sports podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, daily.
Speaker 12: It is a lot of work, but it is what was necessary. The folks who started the iHeart Women's Sports Network reached out and one of them was Sue Bird. And you can't say no to Sup Bird about really anything, because she's a legend. But when she said we want you to do a show for the network.
Speaker 1: What would it look like?
Speaker 12: And I had just gotten out of thirteen straight years of daily radio for ESPN. I was enjoying my first year of not having a show every day, and I stupidly said, it's got to be a daily show because that's what's missing. Because in women's sports, you really just need the same cadence of learning about the starstak stats and stories that are out there so that you get excited about the games and want to watch them and attend them and buy the merchant. So we're offering that to people and people seem to love it, which is great.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So you have a book. You just put a book out called Runs in the Family, an incredible true story of football, fatherhood and belonging. Give me the quick like breakdown. Well, I wanted to be like you.
Speaker 12: So I wrote it all in the two weeks between when You're book came out and mine came out. Can you believe it so fast?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: So I wrote a story for ESPN and did a feature for ESPN a handful of years ago about this guy, Dylan McCullough. He's the running backs coach for the Las Vegas Raiders and grew up in Youngstown post steel milk collapse, was adopted, never knew his birth family. His adoptive dad leaves when he's two, so sort of a troubled relationship with father, figures, gets into football, gets recruited, has a great career until he gets knee injury and becomes a coach, and finally, in his forties, the laws change in Pennsylvania, where he was born. He can get his birth certificate, and he discovers after finding his mom, who never told the dad that she had gotten pregnant, was sent away to have the baby in private like they used to do in the seventies, finds out that his college football coach and mentor of almost thirty years was his birth dad all along and neither of them knew it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: So it's this really unbelievable story. But also there's a ton in there about versus nurture, what we inherit through blood and DNA, what we inherit through family systems, emotional DNA messages, less lessons, all the things. And so I really wanted to be a book about him because his story is so incredible, but also a book that anyone would read and think to themselves, like, what are the refutable things that I've been passed on that I can't reject or deny? And what are the things I get to choose to hang on to or pass on.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to read this. It really really sounds insanely inspiring and congrats. Right book is a big work.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's awesome. Snafu is a production of iHeart Podcasts and Snaffoo Media, a partnership between Film Nation Entertainment and Pacific Electric Picture Company. Post production and creative support from good Egg Audio. Our executive producers are me Ed Helms, Mike Falbo, Glenn Basner, Andy Kim, and Dylan Fagan. This episode was produced by Alyssa Martino and Tory Smith Are. Managing producer is Carl Nellis. Our video editor is Jared Smith. Technical direction and engineering from Nick Dooley. Additional story editing from Carl Nellis. Our creative executive is Brett Harris. Logo and branding by Matt Gosson and the Collected Works. Legal review from Dan Welsh, Meghan Halson and Caroline Johnson. Special thanks to Isaac Dunham, Adam Horn, Lane Klein and everyone at iHeart podcasts, but especially Will Pearson, Carrie Leeberman, and Nikki Ator. While I have you, don't forget to pick up a copy of my book, Snaffoo, The Definitive Guide to History's Greatest screw Ups. It's available now from any book retailer. Just go to Snaffoo dashbook dot com. Thanks for listening, and see you next week.