Speaker 1: It's your Second Date podcast with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. We got a brand new one.
Speaker 2: For you today. A guy waited three days to send the first post date text. Alexis says way too long, too long, but he claims he has a good reason. Yes, even you will hear him out. Yeah you hear Okay. We're gonna listen to that here in just a second. But we love to highlight your comments.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Olivia said hello from Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Speaker 2: We're best friends. We love listening to your show together. You really need to read this comment because we had a huge epiphany. We think that Jeff and Jose are secretly in love.
Speaker 4: It makes sense, that's.
Speaker 2: Why they're always so embarrassed around each other. Jeff and Jose, we just want to let you know on support you as a couple.
Speaker 4: Jeff is the closest thing I'll ever have your relationship except this.
Speaker 2: Isn't that sweet that they're shipping you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Someone likes me.
Speaker 2: I love it too. I love it too.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Your brand new second date starts right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date up Date. You know we've talked about bringing a gift to a first date before that could include flowers, maybe a stuffed animal or a real animal. This baby bear was over by the garbage cans near my house.
Speaker 2: It's yours now, that's so nice. Welcome yea god, bring me a raccoon next week, please?
Speaker 4: But what about buying them a gift during your date? Is that still a strong move?
Speaker 2: I like it better.
Speaker 4: That's what our listener, Isaac did, so, Isaac, clearly you're one of those generous daters. Congratulations, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you, guys. But let's not get too caught up. All right, it wasn't anything that crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, we're impressed because Jeff only gives away free wildlife he finds in his backyard.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 4: I've got a whole cage of animals ready for you, and maybe after this is done, you could take something home. But let's get to what happened with this girl you met? What's her name?
Speaker 6: Her name's Elisa, Alisa.
Speaker 4: Where'd you meet her?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: We met on one of the dating apps and we ended up connecting over stand up comedy?
Speaker 2: Are you a stand up comedian or you just like to watch?
Speaker 6: I like to watch, but I really want to one day.
Speaker 2: Oh you should?
Speaker 6: You should.
Speaker 4: That's a good thing to bond over stand up comedy. What did you decide to do for your date?
Speaker 6: So, like, we talked a bunch and we didn't end up going to a comedy show.
Speaker 5: You did not?
Speaker 4: Oh no, we didn't.
Speaker 6: But I did end up sending her some clips because she wasn't too familiar with Jim Gaffik, one of my favorites.
Speaker 5: So good, we've actually interviewed him.
Speaker 2: He's so nice too, somebody. I was just talking about how I don't love his comedy.
Speaker 5: Pockets.
Speaker 2: He talks about being a doubt a lot.
Speaker 4: We don't support that on this show. No fatherhood talk.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like those are safe though, I mean I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know offensive.
Speaker 1: He's a pretty family friendly, yeah, because that's always a risk too, Like if you send a joke that maybe you find funny.
Speaker 6: Is Yeah, that's why I felt like, oh, he's the perfect person this in Like I said, I love the guy, and who doesn't I mean, well Brook, now we know.
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, Tom, He's just not my favorite.
Speaker 4: So how did you parlay talking about Jim Gaffigan into a first date?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: I think the laughter kind of made it just was fun. So I asked her if we could go out on a date and we It was simple. We went to a chili.
Speaker 4: A chili Oh nice. Okay.
Speaker 6: So once we got to the chili, that's where I showed her some of the clips, especially my favorite one.
Speaker 2: But you.
Speaker 4: Wow even more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd sent her some and now we're watching him together.
Speaker 6: Look, it might have been overkilled, but I just love the dude.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say watching stand up together is always funnier than when you watch it by yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, but if you got a chance to talk about yourself on the date already first, not just straight into the clips.
Speaker 2: That's the whole day. That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Is important there lysis, Yes, and that was the big thing. We watched like a little bit together. But then I kind of segued that into learning things about each other.
Speaker 4: That's great. So is all that's happening in the parking lot outside of the chili's or are we sitting down for dinner yet?
Speaker 6: No, we're sitting down and.
Speaker 4: We're so at the start of this, we were talking about how you bought her a gift during the day. Where does that come into play?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, So we had a great dinner, and we've still felt like hanging out. So there was a mall that was pretty close. So we go to one of these stores that just sells a bunch of like cute little.
Speaker 2: Nick knapsack store. Oh my god, and they're always like.
Speaker 1: Overloaded with stuff, you know, way too much stuff for you to take in.
Speaker 5: So many knacks. Now.
Speaker 6: The good thing is, though, I got to see how she reacted when she saw this pair of stops. They were like little bumblebee socks, but she loves.
Speaker 2: Literally picturing the same brand of funny socks.
Speaker 3: I see every one of those nickyas story the same company.
Speaker 2: Right, They're not very comfortable, but sometimes they have cuss words. Yeah you always Yes.
Speaker 4: The girls seem to think socks are a good first date gift idea.
Speaker 6: When I saw how excited she got about him, I said, I'm gonna grab those, and she was like, oh my god, you don't have to do that. I said, hey, if you love them, I want you to be happy. I want you to enjoy the fox. You really like them, what a nice guy.
Speaker 4: Now put these on for me nice and slow. Let me watch you wear them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't do that because that gives real like feet guys.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just checking. That did not happen.
Speaker 6: No, that that would happen.
Speaker 4: A strong move, okay, could work. So she liked the socks, she did, she liked him.
Speaker 6: And this is the thing too. When we were at the Chilis, she took a sealfie with me, and I'm thinking, okay, well, if I was a girl when I'm out on my first date with a guy, I'm not taking a selfie with him if I don't want to see him again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you only want the picture if you think there's potential.
Speaker 5: Or we're in the group chat and she's like, guys, stay away from this.
Speaker 4: One's just like, I need to make sure I have evidence on my phone this man, just in case. But I'm sure it's not that. I'm sure she, like you said, was just enjoying herself. Wanted to have a memory of the night.
Speaker 6: With you, what we did kiss at the end of the night.
Speaker 4: Okay, how is it that you're not getting a call back because all of this sounds really good.
Speaker 6: That's the thing too, Like she did say she was getting ready to go on a girl's trip, so I was all right, cool, I didn't want to bother her while she was there. She said, I was only going to be like a couple days. It's like a long weekend. But now it's been like a week and I'm still not hearing from her. I'd sent her like one text when she should have been back from the trip, but left it. Maybe she thought she I just not thought about it. She might maybe thought I wasn't that interested because I didn't text her while she was on the trip.
Speaker 4: As long as your text was let me see those tootsies in those bumblebee socks, girl, then you're probably gonna be okay. So we'll find out. We'll call Alisa for you and try and get you your second date update when we come back right after this. Hold on second date update if you miss part one of the second date update. Let's just hit the highlights here real quick. Our listener Isaac bonded with his date Elisa over stand up comedy, specifically the comedian Jim Gapp again, which that's great. He's got a big head love that. Took his date to Chili's for dinner. Awesome egg rolls there, thumbs up.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know they had.
Speaker 4: True just check the menu. It's Okay, you don't have to believe me. Bought her some bumblebee socks at the mall that she liked. Bees are dope, we approve, even got a kiss at the car.
Speaker 2: Oh it sounds sweet.
Speaker 4: Sure did so. The weird part is he hasn't really heard from her since then, So why on earth would a Lisa be avoiding him after all that good news? We may never know the answer.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point of this, Jeff. We're gonna find.
Speaker 4: Out right now, right unless she answers the phone. Yeah, so we'll know. That's step one.
Speaker 2: Did the rolls go to your head? Jeff?
Speaker 4: Isaac? Can you confirm that the egg rolls do exist of Chili's? Honestly, I can.
Speaker 5: They are pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's give some love to Chili's egg rolls right now.
Speaker 5: One of the best egg girls in the city were at Chili.
Speaker 2: Yeah, step on that. When did you This is about Isaac, you guys, not about Jeff's dietary.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, we'll make that the second point of conversation after we hopefully get a Lisa on the phone.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: I'm going to dial her number right now. Let's see how this goes. Here, we go Hello, Hi, Is this a Lisa.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Lia, there's a whole room of people here. I forgot We are excited to talk you because you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Uh oh okay, yeah all right, and you don't buye.
Speaker 4: No, just kidding. Yeah, we're we're doing a segment from our show. It's called a second Date Update, Okay, okay, and that's where we help out listeners who've gone out with somebody and they're not hearing back after their date. We try to help that person figure out the reason why.
Speaker 7: Okay, I I gotcha. I just don't know why you'd be calling.
Speaker 4: Me because there is a guy that went out with you recently who really would love to see you again, a guy named Isaac.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Isaac, Right, how could.
Speaker 2: You forget him? You just went out like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, my life has just been crazy lately.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, is that why you're not getting back to him? You've just been I mean he did mention you had like a girl's weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did go for a girl's weekend down to Miami, and yeah it was a lot of fun and yeah, the craziest thing happened?
Speaker 2: Wait on your trip?
Speaker 3: Yeah, on our trip?
Speaker 4: What well, Lending Brooks, should we be asking her about the date with Isaac or should we just.
Speaker 2: Hear about her thing happened on a girl's weekend in Miami? Should we can get to Isaac?
Speaker 4: Spill the tea girl? What happened in Miami? That was so crazy?
Speaker 3: So we met this guy at the pool and he was like a billionaire or something, and he took us on a thirty thousand dollars shopping free.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: He took you and all your girls shopping and I'm sure he's like, didn't want anything in return, don't trust No, he didn't.
Speaker 3: Like he took us to Gucci and leave bat on all these stores shoes.
Speaker 6: Purpose and he just.
Speaker 3: Was, I guess, being really generous. I mean, he didn't ask us to do anything weird or wow.
Speaker 4: But yeah, can we bring it back to Isaac because the whole reason that we're calling is he thought he'd be hearing back from you by this point after you return from your trip, but he hasn't heard anything.
Speaker 6: Well, now that.
Speaker 3: I'm back, things just I don't know, it seemed different. I don't know, I don't know really how to explain it.
Speaker 1: You mean, like you were interested in him until the Miami trip, and now you're not interested in Isaac.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess they didn't realize that there were just so many generous people out there like that, when.
Speaker 2: You say generous you mean rich.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he just made me see that there's a whole They are a world out there.
Speaker 7: And oh but that world's.
Speaker 4: A little superficial, like you're going to be on yachts and in cars, but is it going to be finding a lot? Yeah? I mean those all sound really good to me.
Speaker 1: Told me, wait, are you still talking to the billionaire dude from Miami?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, no, No, I'm not interested in him or anything.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: The thing is, my girlfriends and I decided to go back to Miami for the next few weekends, you know, to just hang at the pool again.
Speaker 5: And flying out.
Speaker 3: No, he did not like offer to fly us out or anything. We're just going, you know, because we want to go.
Speaker 2: You're hunting for more billionaires and more pooles. You're shopping.
Speaker 5: You're not going back for him, You're going back.
Speaker 7: To No, just scout.
Speaker 2: That can't happen. That often like that has to be like a once in a blue or you don't have to do anything back. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I feel like you're going down a path that you're not going to be thrilled with.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe, but you know, we're at the age now where we just kind of want to have fun and see what happens and hang and yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean honestly, like, look, that's your life and you're allowed to do whatever you want to do to have fun with your girlfriends. That's all great. But we're just like calling on behalf of Isaac because he has no idea that this is happening. He feels like he's being left totally ghosted with no communication.
Speaker 2: I say, who needs a thirty thousand dollars shopping spree when you got a guy who got your bumblebee socks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: No, I mean they were really cute, it was a really sweet thing. It was it was awesome, But I just I don't want to hurt his feelings. And I mean he was a really nice.
Speaker 4: Guy out Okay, Well, instead of telling that to us, you should probably just tell it directly to Isaac because he's on the other line right now, listening to this conversation. Oh God, Isaac, are you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean at least you like the fucks I got.
Speaker 5: What were the socks like?
Speaker 6: Gosh, yeah, I mean they're definitely not yacht on Miami level thought.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, you need to tell her, Isaac, Tell her why you're a better catch, Like why you're better than some billionaire, Like buying people's affection in a pool somewhere.
Speaker 2: That guy's lonely. If that guy had real friends, he'd be buying his friend's stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, he bought them of his friends and he was buying the thing too.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we have a.
Speaker 5: Keep of girls.
Speaker 3: You have to bring your friends, because that's how he impresses number he has friends.
Speaker 2: I was going for he wasn't. He sucks, Isaac. You're better tell her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, look, hey, I man, think it was an awesome weekend, Alisa.
Speaker 5: Look I really liked you.
Speaker 6: I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: But I mean, if you're not interested.
Speaker 6: Because you're focused on wealthier, well I'm not gonna be able to compete with that. I think I really enjoy spending time with you.
Speaker 1: He is so stinking cue genuinely nice dude.
Speaker 2: Dude, Lisa, you're gonna be missing out. Think of how sweet that Mall parking lot kiss was.
Speaker 4: Usually Isaac, you're selling yourself short to her. Remember you took her to dinner at Chili's.
Speaker 2: Maybe he didn't orders that time.
Speaker 6: Probably what it was, I should have got the egg roll.
Speaker 2: You need to go back, Lisa, you gotta go back with him.
Speaker 6: I think that's a great idea. If you'll let me take you back to Chili this time, we will get egg rolls.
Speaker 4: With that said, Alisa, we would like to offer to send you on another date with Isaac that we would pay for it. And just remember, like not all great things in life come with an expensive price tag. Sometimes the best stuff is actually really affordable and right in front of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just say the best things in life are free. That's the same.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: That is, but you don't pay for moments with your family.
Speaker 4: So what do you think of, Lisa? Are you willing to give Isaac a second chance on?
Speaker 3: Well, guys, I'm gonna be gone the next couple of weekends and I'm just gonna be really busy, So she don't really promise.
Speaker 2: That right now, we're going to get a date. Oh my god, you're gonna think about this three months from now and regret this moment maybe, but.
Speaker 3: I will probably be in Miami.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're going to be.
Speaker 4: On that yacht with your Gucci purse and you're proud of bag and you're just going to be crying. Yeah, you get the shower with gifts.
Speaker 2: You could have gotten shoes or something anything.
Speaker 4: Other like your twelve bags.
Speaker 2: You all right?
Speaker 4: Well, Isaac, man, I'm sorry that I can't believe she said no to that.
Speaker 2: You're a real catch.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's not a Lisa, you're gonna find somebody who's great for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Okay, and make sure you call us back when you on a yacht and it'll be a lot easier on our part. Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning. We've definitely had people on this show who've lost out paste's boyfriends or hunky firefighters that showed up on the scene. Rarely has somebody ever lost out to an entire state before. Yeah, and I can officially say now Isaac has lost his date to Florida, specifically Miami and all the generous, wealthy men who live over there, But Florida you win.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I really predict that she is going to go to pool after pool and not meet one more billionaires.
Speaker 5: Oh I disagree.
Speaker 4: I walked out my lobby lost some was on Miami and little nas Exe was standing there. Maybe it won't happen, Maybe it will, or maybe Miami Tourism Board is going to contact us, as this is their new campaign. It probably should be. The weird part is it sounded like she really liked him, though he didn't do anything wrong. She had a great time on the date. She just decided I'm into Florida more right now?
Speaker 2: Are the top a single?
Speaker 6: Else?
Speaker 4: Trip to Miami didn't work out for our friend Isaac, but it could work for you. If you want to email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. And did you know these second ate updates are up on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, jeff we knew he's putting them up there.
Speaker 5: Alexis and Jake.
Speaker 2: Are digital producer, our digital producer.
Speaker 4: Does he have permission to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I actually think he has more permissions than you do.
Speaker 4: Go check him out. They're up on YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey and make sure you subscribe