Speaker 1: They say, no risk, no reward. True.
Speaker 2: That's why whenever Brook accidentally drops half a fun sized Snickers bar into the garbage disposal, she reaches her.
Speaker 3: Hands right down there.
Speaker 4: I mean, it does have a little bit of an iron taste after, but worth.
Speaker 3: It, you know, not bad.
Speaker 1: The juice was worth the squeeze.
Speaker 2: And that's why two of our listeners are about to take a big risk just by being on our show today, in the hopes of reaping the best reward of all.
Speaker 3: I would give you a thumbs up, but I can't anymore.
Speaker 2: It's not a Snickers bar that they're after. They're hoping to find true love because they're about to meet someone for the very first time over our phone lines and a blind Love is It's coming up next. Netflix has a hit show called Love Is Blind, and we thought we need to do the same thing for the radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, is that what we're doing today? I love when we do this.
Speaker 2: We wanted to change the name to something so different that nobody would ever know that we borrowed it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I read it off of TV.
Speaker 3: I just thought it so we wouldn't get sued that too.
Speaker 2: OK, So we went with blind Love Is oh man, so different. Netflix is never gonna catch on.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that that's what we're even doing.
Speaker 2: It's two people who have never met before, they've never seen each other, no clue what they sound like. They're gonna meet for the very first time on our phone lines to find out if they have an instant love connection, and then we've never done this before. At the end, if they agree to go out again or go out for the first time, or even if they don't, they'll describe and reveal what they look like to each other.
Speaker 3: We because we don't know what you look like either.
Speaker 1: It's just like the TV show.
Speaker 2: We got two listeners who both have tried to be on different parts of our show for second dates or awkwards before it didn't work out for them, but they're both open to meeting someone on our show right here. Their names are Tyler and SHAWNA.
Speaker 3: God, I feel so shallow that I just want to skip to the very end right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know all you care. You're very superficial surface Tyme.
Speaker 3: I try not to be, but you know, just.
Speaker 2: Like always, we've encouraged them to prepare some fun, creative questions for each other, so we don't have to just listen to twenty minutes of small talk. Remember, we need quiet in the room while they're on the phone, and we'll listen in to find out if blind truly love is so Jose, are you hopeful for our new couple? Dude? I think not seeing each other will make it better, because yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: Every time people see me, I've never found love.
Speaker 6: I've never watched the show.
Speaker 2: Usually when you see each other, they're like, oh God, I've made a terrible mistake. I'm sure that's not going to be the case today for Shauna and Tyler.
Speaker 3: What a setup.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, Shauna, Tyler, are you both there? Hey? Yeah, so we're going to back away. They sound very excited.
Speaker 2: You can say hello to each other and Shawna since we about believe in manners, here you can ask the first question.
Speaker 1: But here we go.
Speaker 7: Okay, I have a weird question for you, so I hope you have a fun answer. What is your go to cheesy pickup line? And can you say it to me right now?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not usually like a pickup line guy, and I try to be more genuine most of the time when I can't. But if I am trying to hit the best one, uh would have to be you know, if I could rearrange the alphabet, I put you and I right next to each other.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, that really is cheesy. I mean, there's no getting cheesier than that.
Speaker 5: I mean, the only cheesier line I could say is I think you're the most breatiful girl I've ever seen.
Speaker 7: Free as in the cheese breed actually talking about gree Oh cheesy. You know, I have to think about it for a second. You know, I did have to think, Okay, what what? What does this mean? Exactly? But I love cheese and I love three, so that's perfect.
Speaker 5: So you thought that one was pretty gooda as well.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, that's we're taking it to another level. Now.
Speaker 2: Sorry to interrupt this very sexy conversation, but if you're just joining us, we're in the middle of blind love is seeing if these two strangers who are meeting for the very first time right now have chemistry over the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, now back to the action. Pretend like we're not here. Continue.
Speaker 5: Sorry when I that's just a little thing about.
Speaker 7: I feel like I like cheesy pickup lines and and rom coms just as much as I like horror movies, but I'm really hoping that this doesn't turn into a horror movie.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll let me hit it back. I got a weird question for you, then, Could you describe your ideal date, but do it using animal noises?
Speaker 7: Do you want me to do what?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's a little odd, I know, but describe what your ideal date like? What would your best best date you could go on, but do it using animal noise?
Speaker 8: And I I guess it would be.
Speaker 7: Now now, yeah, I don't know. I don't know if I can if I can do much more than that.
Speaker 5: How about this? Can you give me your ideal date using just regular sound effects? No animals need it.
Speaker 7: I I guess knock knock, because you're coming to the door. Okay, room, room, cooch, we're driving to dinner. And then numb.
Speaker 5: Interesting that your sound effects are just transportation in the activity is very cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, so uh, we're unfortunately we're running short on time for this portion of the segment. Is as entertaining as that was to listen.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, numb dub Dub dumb dub. That was fun. You gave it a good shot like that.
Speaker 2: Now we gotta pop the Shauna and Tyler down so that we can discuss how's the chemistry between Shauna and Tyler.
Speaker 1: In your opinion, Brooke.
Speaker 4: I feel if Tyler is really confident in this, do you know what I mean? Like he seems like way more in control of this situation than she does.
Speaker 2: He definitely seems to be more playful. Lexis what's your read on it?
Speaker 3: It's a little too cheesy for me, not just.
Speaker 8: Because the puns, because the cheesy jokes, you know, Yeah, I think it works for them.
Speaker 2: Hose you like, you know, cheesy, punny humor, and that was Tyler's go to What do you think?
Speaker 1: Of course he's.
Speaker 2: He's cheesy and funny, but he can also be what.
Speaker 1: I call calm, not confident. But he's like a calm energy.
Speaker 2: He's not phase.
Speaker 5: He's just letting it roll.
Speaker 1: She sounds a little more nervous, was she?
Speaker 3: I feel like she got more nervous as we as it went.
Speaker 1: On, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It was a strange question to ask the woman to do to build a romantic connection. But I like that he's being creative with it going out there. So we got to put it up to the text board. If you want to hear more from Shauna and Tyler's flirtatious conversation.
Speaker 1: Is either go or we'll just have you say.
Speaker 2: Continue the date or stop a text in seven, eight, five nine two will come back and see if we can do more Blind Love Is and maybe find out what they both look.
Speaker 1: Like review it.
Speaker 2: Right after this, we're in the middle of another hot, steamy, extra cheesy edition Blind Love Is.
Speaker 3: I love some steamy cheese, Jeff, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 2: I really love that Brooke was trying to do the sound effects in the middle of their conversation because she's so desperate to be single again, she's actually trying to swoop in and steal Tyler away.
Speaker 4: I just am excited for people to find love, Jeff, and I thought that she did a great job trying the sound effect thing that would be hard to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, our textboard at sevent eighty five ninety two was kind of split. It's about fifty to fifty on if they think Tyler and Shauna should continue their flirtation, because we're getting a lot of comments saying that our listeners like them both, but maybe they don't have the best chemistry together, which.
Speaker 3: How do you know in like a two minute period.
Speaker 2: It is hard to establish right away if you're not me, but maybe a few more questions between the two of them will determine it for them. So we're gonna stick with Shawna and Tyler. We're gonna find out if truly blind love is and hopefully at the end of the segment we'll get to reveal what they look like, because again, they do not know anything about each other's physical appearances. They're just trying to vibe off of their voices. Let's bring them both back on and Shawna, you can go ahead with your next question for Tyler.
Speaker 8: My next question is name the movie title that perfectly describes your last relationship.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh, okay, this is me all right. I guess I'm gonna go with This is gonna sound a little weird, but I'm gonna go with home Alone. She went out a lot, and we didn't really spend a lot of like great time together, so you know, it felt like dating her was kind of like a trap.
Speaker 8: It's honesty, and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean so, I don't know what what movie would you describe your last relationship?
Speaker 9: I think mine would be like how to train your dragons. I feel like that was it was a very I was in a relationship for a really long time, so we were like very new when we got together, and we had to learn a lot of things.
Speaker 7: So how to dragon for sure?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I mean, you know, all of us use kids movies. I don't know what that's about, but I loved kids movies.
Speaker 8: I'm a big Harry Potter fan, so.
Speaker 5: Okay, but are you You're not like an adult aggressive Harry Potter fan, right, There's like a huge difference between being a Harry Potter fan and have like a Deathly Hallows tattoo on you.
Speaker 9: No, I don't think anyone would would categorize me as aggressive.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't have any you know, Hogwarts.
Speaker 7: Tattoos, but I am.
Speaker 8: I do have my own wand but I don't out all the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, all right, Well, I'm gonna hits you the question now.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, we're right in the middle of blind love.
Speaker 2: Is we have two strangers meeting for the very first time over the radio to find out if there's really a spark there or maybe something more.
Speaker 5: Sorry, keep going, How how would you describe your ideal man but in emojis?
Speaker 8: Oh oh, oh, that's a good one. I would say the fire emoji for sure, not the first one, the muscle emoji, you know the one where like it's a guy's arm curling, and then maybe the smiley face with the three hearts around it. Like I mean, ideally, I'd love a man that takes care of himself but also takes care of me.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I love to cook.
Speaker 8: I'm a big, big chef.
Speaker 7: I don't I so I kind of don't want a guy that cook so that I can do that.
Speaker 5: What's your signature dish?
Speaker 8: It's my dad's famous pasta's off.
Speaker 9: It's it's face like rago, but it is I've never ever tasted anything like it in a restaurant in Italy.
Speaker 7: It is incredible.
Speaker 5: Okay, that sounds awesome. I'm in Oh that was.
Speaker 2: All we got to pop Shawna and Tyler down so that we can discuss.
Speaker 3: That's like real conversation at the end instead of like.
Speaker 2: You knowing as time went on, if we were on the phone with them for like four hundred hours, like they would really be bonding.
Speaker 3: I I want to say this, but brother, she sounds like a catch.
Speaker 5: I feel like I was having chemistry with her the whole time, and I.
Speaker 1: Talk Harry Potter. She loves the cook she's a nice girl.
Speaker 3: That pasta line.
Speaker 2: Oh, now here's the big question. It's really for them after talking to each other, do they want to meet up in person for the very first time now and see if love blind truly is Yes, I'm pretty sure I said it wrong, but you get the idea of what I meant.
Speaker 1: Ye doesn't get it. That's all that matter.
Speaker 2: So let's ask Shawna Shauna, based on the conversation that you just had with Tyler, are you interested in meeting up in person with him?
Speaker 7: I'm definitely interested.
Speaker 9: I would just love a photo, maybe just to see what he looks like, or maybe he could describe himself.
Speaker 1: That's only if he agrees and they both agree.
Speaker 2: I need so Tyler, go ahead, Why don't you describe what you look like in general?
Speaker 1: For for Seawn to give her.
Speaker 5: An image, So I look like the arm curl emoji. No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 7: The girl.
Speaker 3: I'm just excited to hear what do you look like?
Speaker 5: Man? I'll get to the first thing. I know. Every every woman's wanting. I am five eleven. I don't lie about being six foot o the cutoff. I'm honestly the most important.
Speaker 1: Obviously Alexis is shaking her head, So okay, anything else.
Speaker 5: Brown hair, brown eyes. I've been called like an off brand zach Efron if that kind of meats the picture.
Speaker 3: For you, okayr zach.
Speaker 2: Efron or zach Efron from High School Musical. There's a big difference, know, like.
Speaker 3: Zach Efron from Wish. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shawna, what do you think you into off brand zach Efron?
Speaker 9: You know I am I Yeah, girl.
Speaker 2: I believe you with how you answered that for sure. Why don't you tell Tyler a little bit? How about your physical appearance?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm pretty short, I'm five too, but I brown hair, I'm a ballet dancer, so make of that.
Speaker 7: With what you will.
Speaker 5: And do you have a celebrity look alike?
Speaker 8: So my mom has always a lot of people, but my mom is the first one to tell me that I kind of look like Judy Garland circa Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, that's so wholesome. That's a bad witch or good witch.
Speaker 1: Judy is a Yeah, Dorothy, I mean, she's fourteen years old. So yeah, I don't know if that's necessarily the.
Speaker 3: Best description when you're five to two, you know you're young.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean I am short and I look I look young from my age.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Tyler, you into a nineteen twenties fourteen year old starlet.
Speaker 1: Night A sorry, excuse me.
Speaker 5: It's totally different, you know, And it was described like the you know, oh weird, but I'm why I want to try to do the next step. Let's let's give it a try.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys sound like a cute couple in my mind.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it that we did it for maybe the very first time on this show, Blind Truly Love is Yes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, give us an update after you guys meet up.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll give you a recap and sound effects.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, maybe just send it to Brook's voicemail.
Speaker 2: That is Blind Love is textan seventy eighty five nine too, if you want to appear on the next edition and maybe find your true love right here on the show.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, we did get an email update from this couple, Yes, well from one of them. Okay, I wouldn't call them a couple. Apparently they went on one date and she.
Speaker 4: Was disappointed that he couldn't sing and dance like zac Efron in the High School musical.
Speaker 3: They went to karaoke and he had no rhythm. Oh no, so that was the end.
Speaker 1: Pretty yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it hard to be like Zachfron.
Speaker 1: That's a horror part it is.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't always work out, but at least they tried.
Speaker 7: They tried.
Speaker 3: Did you get a comment or anything on this one?
Speaker 6: Dancy Ali Anderson said jose should do this for the listener.
Speaker 3: Remember we used to do that with you.
Speaker 4: We'd set him up and we'd actually have people women come into the studio.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't blind. It was mostly awkward for us. I feel like they were cute, that we had some cute ones in here. Oh, come on, I like you. There we go, all right, Hey, subscribe to that podcast. Oh that's this podcast? Yes, that one, Yep, it's broken. Jeffrey in the Morning