Speaker 1: Earners, what's going on?
Speaker 2: You are now locked in the cliff Notes, the number one place for investment strategies, tips and advice. Make sure you have your notepads ready, but more importantly, make sure you're ready to execute on the information. All right, So, earners, the time has come, eylu Grad School is here, and you know how.
Speaker 1: We bringing it.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred past webinars, weekly webinars from industry experts, monthly Financial Planet calls over a shot, our movie and book club, access to our private investment group on Facebook, and we've just added the home Buyers Blueprint Value one reloaded from our brother MG, The Boys Guy, which has over twelve hours of content to guide you through the process of buying a home with a number of home buying programs to get you through the process, y'all. And in addition to that, you now have access to our weekly mentorship calls for all things real Estate, hosted again by our brother MG. It's an amazing package. We put it all together. We can't wait for you to see it and be.
Speaker 1: A part of it. And right now it's fifty percent off.
Speaker 2: So all you got to do is head over to Eyluniversity dot com and you're gonna get fifty percent off.
Speaker 1: But yeah, shout out to al the.
Speaker 3: Top performing assets of so silver took the lead. It drew down thirty four percent at one point and went up one hundred and twenty seven. I know everybody was so happy about gold. Gold had a lower draw down but also had a lower return. Then small cap stocks took off like crazy, and then crude had a nice bounce off of that low.
Speaker 1: That happened.
Speaker 3: But if you look at the bond market, the bond market is a hedge. Didn't draw down that much, but it didn't grow that much, right, so a lot of you were asking about how to include bonds into it. It's not going to give you the best game. It's going to give you a decent a decent hedge. However, so we can see the returns here if you want to screenshot this Silver forty seven percent. Small cap was eighteen percent, Canadian stocks two point eight, corporate bonds nine point seven. Once again to Tech two index, very simple formula, uh Tech performing the best in twenty twenty, hands down, So you can see information technology on average was at eighty nine percent assuming discretion Earia was second. Third was communication. This mix will not change. I know some of your wondering. Will engine energy turn around in twenty twenty one to twenty two, They're going to be at the bottom of the barrel. Financials may bump up this year, more so probably in twenty twenty three if interest rates go up, but until then tech will be the dominant leader. Now, let's look at currencies. The Swiss frank only drew down two point one percent, so it only lost two point one percent of its value. I want you to go look at the correlation for how they handle COVID versus other countries, and the Chinese wand only lost two point nine percent, so the Australian dollar lost more twenty one point five and the rebounded well. But we want to put our money into things that have lowest draw down. Big gains are great, but not everyone is able to sit through a drawdown of fifty percent of forty five percent. The first thing you need to look at at any asset is what's the highest draw down over a ten year period that asset has. That wild tell you how much safety you have in it. The biggest win is of twenty twenty Novavak. I don't think it would be that great this year, but it had a hell of a run. Tesla. Of course, Tessa is going to be to the moon. Maderna solid zone. Of course, Bitcoin on overshot is happy because he didn't sell all his coins and there was a bunch of IPOs, and I think that the SPAC thing is done, even though there's maybe one or two companies that have done a decent job with him and the biggest losers Carnival. I hope they're able to rebound because if not, there's a lot of people that are going to lose their jobs and never be able to recover. Energy stocks, Air Canada crew and then the Footsie one hundred. So a lot of you are looking for international exposure. I could argue that Silicon Valley has the best talent from most nations that have been drafted here. The international exposure that you need for most global corporations are going to be domestic based. So I need you to type in chat, what is the return you want to get this year? Because this year is not going to be like last, so the probability of getting one hundred percent return in the year is going to be a lot lower. I want you to set the baseline for what you want to get in terms of return and be happy with that, and anything above that is extra. For those of you who started last year, I'm sorry, you're not gonna get sixty percent on accident. This year, you'll be able to squeeze out twenty five. You came in at a great time, but I want us to be realistic. We're going to be more on the tech side, maybe twenty to twenty eight percent opposed to sixty and seventy and chart time. So every week I'm going to go over the same and I was going to give a new way to get into the market. I'm actually a why the hell unch y'all? Using the two hunred day moving average?
Speaker 1: Ask him again, man, why can you.
Speaker 3: Explain I because some people might be new, this might be their first time ever watching market Monday. Can you just explain what the two hundred day moving average is? It takes a last two hundred days or collection of data and then it marks off on this line where the average is. So, if you're looking for an easy and simple way to consistently get in, this is Microsoft and it went down today. So if you look at a daily chart, depending on what time horizon you look over, Microsoft came down exactly to the spot and bounced up. You can see the high few days prior with twenty seven. This is around two thirteen. Give it about four or five weeks you'll be able. So for those of you who are like, hey, you guys never tell us how to get get in, even though we gave five ways last year, I'm going to focus on the two hundred day moving average. And this is also a place where you can start to load the boat. Load the boat. This is where a lot of technicians, prop firms, hedge funds, fund of fund managers are looking to get in. So it's a universally respected indicator because it's not new, because it's not sexy, and only nine people in Nova scotiad know about it, and then somebody from Atlanta flew back and dropped it to everybody in midtown. It's not valued as much, but you need a system that's super easy that you can use over and over again, and it's an easy way to buy. So when we drop down to and this is only for quality companies, only for quality. So if you.
Speaker 2: Find this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day.
Speaker 1: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 2: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even.
Speaker 1: One of our merch partners.
Speaker 2: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon. Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 1: What matters most ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Spots about the United States Department at Homeland Security piece.
Speaker 3: Hey, it doesn't apply to that because it's going to burn through the two hundred. But a good company is gonna come down around this area, maybe float a little bit lower in three or four weeks, start to go up. This is the perfect investment plan for twenty twenty one. Write this down and I can hear y'all on YouTube on a replay four long term positions for the year. I'm gonna be real. I've talked to at least six or seven hundred people that missed out on some great companies because they were switching company. Oh. I like tests, but I'm gonna get out of it and I'm gonna get in iniol. I'm not mad at it. But whatever you pick, I want you to marry the positions that you have type and chat. Marry the positions now. If you're wrong and the company's no good or the thesis changes great. But if you have a great company, hold on to it. Hold on to it. Like I said, it's like having a star basketball player. I'm not trading Michael Jordan for anything. Do not care?
Speaker 1: Do not care.
Speaker 3: Number Two twelve swing trades on the year, so that whether that's futures, any other assets or derivatives, I want you to take twelve. That's one per month. You should know what the games that will come from that. And then for short term investing, I want you to do twenty four. This is not apply to the Snipers or anybody in Alpha, but for everyone else. If you're looking at futures, you can do twenty four trades and hit a ridiculous return and be okay, okay, key point here. I only want you to take trades that you know will not lose. And here's how to know if it won't lose. If you have to ask someone, Hey man, Hey Troy, you think if I get in right here? If I have to ask, it's not good. Your intuition is already telling you. And then also when you take a Saturday and go through the entire market, map out where you want to get in those same bizones on a macro level. Once you pare it down to your entre daytime frames, they're gonna line up and you're gonna have a chance to take a trade there as well, and be okay. These are the top ten lessons to improve your performance with trading. Number one, keep your losses small. Your win should be ten times bigger than your losses. Easy risk reward. You want to risk one to make ten. Number two, don't chase a move. If you miss it, let it go. Kudos to the snipers. You've seen me do this, Send a text, miss my move and be frustrated as hell.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: But once you're if you want to get into a position, let's say at two hundred and forty four bucks, once it goes to two forty five, if you're trading it, don't touch it. Don't get distracted and miss an excellent setup. Do not trade against the market. The market can eat can only go north or south. Even with range bound people like, oh, well we're ranging and we're consolidating. Man, the move is either slowed down because it's going to explode to the upside or downside. That's why everybody, oh man, Apple slowed down okay, and then we saw it took off like crazy. There is build up. I need you to know this. When the market is constricting or getting tight, that is the time to set up your moves on a large So if you're looking at a day chart or something higher, a breakout move is going to come. Have the patience to wait three or four weeks for it to break in your favor. Everyone's talking about financial freedom, but you can't wait four to five weeks. You're trying to flip. Don't flip. The money will be there. Do not trade when the volume is low. I'm begging you, you're going to get your head chopped off, your account cut in half, and maybe margin call. Wait until volume is at a peak so your orders can get filled. You can get exits on your trades if you have a predetermined area that you want to get out, and then that way you won't be sitting in a loss potentially for three or four hours either. And then, do not trade overtrade under any circumstances. If your plan is to take twenty four in the year, take twenty four number seven. Do not increase your position size or dollar amount and a trade to try and recover. So let's say you are trading twenty contracts features and you lost seven grand I do not want you to go trade forty contracts just try and make up for it, because you already got the direction wrong. So if you wrecked a camera, I can't put you in a ferrari and then let you wreck that as well. Come back trade the same size, and if you're doing a one to ten risk of reward ratio, you don't need that many trades to recover the loss and be back in profit. Number eight.
Speaker 1: This is key.
Speaker 3: Do not micromanager trades. Let them run once you secure profit. So if you get in the trade and unlet's say you're up ten percent and you lock in two percent, let it run. If your target is forty percent, let it go there. A lot of you are self sabotaging, and we all do it and it takes time to get over it. But a lot of people are self sabotaging and cutting off winners when you could have let certain stocks or trades run up thirty forty to fifty eighty percent last year, and you cut them off at ten percent. Know what your exit is before you enter the trade. Number nine, do not trade if you're in the bad. If you got into argument with your kids and you made them breakfast and they spilled juice juice all over your keyboard, don't trade that day. I'm telling you got into a fight with your significant other, don't do it. And number ten this is the most important. Do not trade unless you know what your statistical edge is in the market. You should know your win percentage, your profit factor, the best time to trade, and the best asset that you trade. Once again, your win percentage, your profit factor, the asset that you trade the best, and what time of day you trade that best. This is an off emotion. This has to be hard data and that's it.
Speaker 2: To hear a more extended conversation, make sure to check out our live YouTube show Market Monday's every Monday, eight pm Easter Standard time seven pm Central, and check out the Market Monday's podcast on iHeart, Spotify, Apple or wherever you download your podcast.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced back drop Mike, drop bag, drop digulous.
Speaker 5: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use indeed stop struggling to get your job. Posts seen on other job sites with Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod k at Z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need