Speaker 1: Morning. On today's episode, you will hear spoilers for X Men ninety seven season two, season finale, Survival of the Fittest Be warned. Hello and.
Speaker 2: I'm risdy night, and.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Xtra Vision of the podcast movie I Deep it to your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop filter. Coming in from my heart, where we're bringing you three episodes a week.
Speaker 2: What's news In today's episode, we got news for you.
Speaker 3: It's the end of season two of X Men ninety seven, the animated series, ab out of it.
Speaker 2: We're loving it.
Speaker 3: It's been absolutely crazy and I'm sure this is just going to be another crazy episode, so we're gonna recap it. Then we're going to bring in super producer Aaron and former super producer.
Speaker 2: Happy to have him back. Ian I.
Speaker 3: A'm I going to be talking about this season, what it did right, what worked for us, and what we want to see next.
Speaker 1: We open on Cable talking about his life's dream, which is to kill Apocalypse. His body was created for He is the Jesus Christ of killing Apocalypse. That's why he is on this earth. That's why he went to the far past and talked with ship and got the had a psychic affair, I guess, and that's why Ship gave him the bionic arm in the ability to keep his techno organic virus in check. It's all so he could kill Apocalypse. Apocalypse is still inside Gambit's psyche looking for a way to.
Speaker 2: Not happy about it.
Speaker 1: You break out, and I guess, take take over Gambit's body, so it would be Apocalypse but looks like Gambit. Beast, Rogue, and Nightcrawler find ship speaking of ship.
Speaker 4: Oh high.
Speaker 1: Ship Beast reboots her and she says, listen, Apocalypse, I understand that you want to kill him, but understand that he's part of a bigger process. You kill him, the Celestials are going to be really upset because they had He's a chess piece for them. Rogo wants to enter the Celestial Shrine in order to gainst because the Celestials created him. Only celestial power can destroy him, and so she wants to go in there and get this power. That Crawl warns that, babe, nothing comes for free if you go in and what are you thinking? You think you're just going to give it to you and you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: A're gonna give it because also, like if we look at the comics, Like the only reason that she's even really thinking of this is it not like like in the comics, we know that essentially Apocalypse used like celestial technology.
Speaker 2: He was able to try to merge with it.
Speaker 3: So he's not a celestial but he is this kind of connective tissue between mutants and.
Speaker 1: Celestials, right ye s on the searcher, the specific celestial who empowered him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like it's this really interesting moment and also just like such an immense osk, Like this isn't just a side quest for the X Men. This is like maybe the whole world changes because you asked for it. I just I don't know if it is. I don't know if it is worth the price. I think he's right.
Speaker 1: The combined forces of X Factor and X Force are flying towards the ex Corp Power and doctor Cooper facetimes into Xavier and is like, listen, we're not here to arrest anybody. We just want to save mutants, but we're going to need to kill Gambit Matt Apocalypse and therefore save the world, and that is a non negotiable. So Charles not negotiating. Charles, you need to hand him over right now, or we're going to come in there and we're going to kill him anyway. Crazy Charles of course is not going to snitch like that. Whenever you think about Charles, he's not like that.
Speaker 3: He's always going to be like no, but he's going to be like a Captain America and he's going to get in a fight for his friends, like even if it's going to cause an international incident.
Speaker 2: Charles will do that.
Speaker 3: He's done it many times for Magneto and Gambit is one of his faiths. So yeah, this this makes a lot of sense. So there's a big, big fight over will the will X Force get to kill again X Factor X Force except the evil Like I mean they they basically have the sentinels in this fight, right Essentially.
Speaker 1: You would think then, wouldn't that be when you're like, man, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 3: When like if you have a called even like even Charles, I feel like would have to be like, wait, this is more of a threat like Polaric Technology. I bet you Polaris seeing this is like I made the right decision.
Speaker 2: To go back to the X Men. This is crazy. And also because she's there with her new everyone's new favorite.
Speaker 3: Slarn Bishop oh standing got her a gallop shocked.
Speaker 2: Don't wake him up with all that sexual energy frigeoning over the top of him.
Speaker 1: Guys, come on, I think that the the hair of their child, if they ever hadn't imagine, would be so insane luxurious green law what color question? I know, but maybe it.
Speaker 3: Gleams in different lights, you know, kind of like a beautiful peacock feather.
Speaker 2: I could see it.
Speaker 1: That's great. Rogue meets s on the Seles show, who Empowered and Sabor. He tells her that you shouldn't be here and also, what is this weird soul gem that you got from the Apocalypse's the rama Tut's ex girlfriend who then became the deity of the Assassin's Guild.
Speaker 2: And getting and she's she's what is going on? Girl? Get bad taste.
Speaker 1: Rogue is like, listen, I need to save Gambut's life, and you're the only way I can do it. I need the power. Essaun basically says, listen, do we need Gambit Like was hen.
Speaker 3: He's asking the right questions because, like, these motherfuckers are going through a lot to save this any man who already died and I get this is why because he already died.
Speaker 2: But like, Eson's asking a good question here, like what does he bring?
Speaker 1: Like what was he good to begin with?
Speaker 2: Is the implication here?
Speaker 3: Like everything when I'm wrong when Gambit died on Genosha, like because that is kind of I feel like what they're trying to say.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'll say about Gambit. It was never about despite how erotic it was, this just about rogue, like h like getting in the getting in the tights. He's it was more more than that he felt an emotion. There's an emotional connection there for Gambit, to be fair, But I agree with you that Essen's asking the right question, which is like what a Gambit really do? Like let's look at the resume. He then offers her a deal, and of course it was going to be this your life for his and she's like immediate, yes. He gives her the celestial power in order to kill Apocalypse, save Remy. She exits the celestial shrine and she's got like this angela style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a kind of like a celestial time.
Speaker 3: I think it's in a ton of Lama and yeah, it looks like definitely looks like Angela froms Born.
Speaker 1: She's like Kurt, Kurt, thank you so much, I've got the power now and night Crawler like no, Kurt is like no way.
Speaker 2: They stood instantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's going to pay with her life. X Factor attacks to kill Gambut. Meanwhile, we get to see the classic, I think, the classic X four X Factor lineup of strong Guy, Siren, Wolf Spain and h Jamie, the multiple man attack that you know the second they're the second version of any but I think I think, yeah, Cooper orders Cable to go in for the kill, which was now you're gilding the lily because value. You don't need to tell him to do that. That's his whole reason.
Speaker 3: For like like he he literally was like incepted from his dad's bulls to do this.
Speaker 2: We didn't have a chance. This is.
Speaker 1: If I'm Cable. I'm like, you don't just be quiet. I know what I'm here to do. Michael Jordan to score the ball like I'm here then uh. He then ends up in a fight with his parents as they are trying to be you know, they give him that classic Gene and Scutt Nathan please just you're our son and we love you so much and don't do this go over in and more fight siloc An archangel, Havoc and Jubilee have a dogfight with the ex Jets. Havoc is ejected. There's a lot of trash talking in this wonderful dogfight.
Speaker 3: I love to see Jubilee get this win.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that X Factor is about to overpower Bishop and Polaris when a playing card explodes and it's Gambit, and now Cable has kind of like managed to elude Cyclops and Gene and he's the tower is collapsing now and he finds Gambit, shoots Gambit, but Gambit's body awakens and is reborn into the fully fleshed out one Apocalypse, and he easily smites everybody, X Men.
Speaker 4: X Force, X Factor.
Speaker 1: They're all as Apocalypse turns to Professor X Rogue in full celestial angela armor arrives and is like, it's you and me now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she sort of does like a Subera landing that's like a Fantastic four style kind of ripple energy that deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like an implication of an opposite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like an opposite whatever Apocalypse's energy is.
Speaker 2: This is the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: Rogue then drains Apocalypse's energy and traps him in the externals gem or a different soul gem.
Speaker 2: Maybe yem, I think maybe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Gambit embrace and he's normal now. Her celestial armor fades away, she sees beasts arrived. He's just by himself. Nightcrawler went through the shot shrine after her, you know, offering of course, and that's crazy in that traditional curt way of being, like, I know she traded her life for Gambit. Let me trade my life for hers, and I'll stay here and then they can be alive together.
Speaker 2: And be again happy, and everyone will be happy.
Speaker 1: And we see a montage of the X Men, including Gambit and Rogue embracing. It's this wonderful, like really heartfelt moment. Esson asks him how he can be sure his sacrifice will bring forth all of this happiness that he imagines will happen when he's gone, you know, with the with the anchor of that being Gambit and Rogue having finally their life together. And he says, you know, because I have faith in Jesus Christ as a Catholic, as a Catholic man, That's why a Catholic men then deeply Catholic men, I have faith. Post credits scene, President Kelly has lost to Sabertooth's son Graydon Creed Sabertooth and Mystique son. He will be the next president of the United States. The number of the I guess at that time with like the forty fourth President of the United States or something. Doctor Cooper walks into her offices and guess who's sitting there. She's sitting there. It's got to be a mystique.
Speaker 2: You had to see that in the memoir.
Speaker 1: Mystique then assassinates vow something and steals I know she does, and then steals X Factor's files about her classic mystique shit. Let's take a quick break and we'll be back. Let's bring in our former super producer good friend Ian as well as super producer Aaron to discuss this episode end, the end of the season, the end of season two of X Men ninety seven, folks, and let's start with you Apocalypse was Was Apocalypse enough of a big bad Did they do enough to build the season on Apocalypse as the main bad guy?
Speaker 4: I think to the point that we've been making all season. I think they sped through the storyline way too fast, and I think we could have spent a lot more time on it. I think the arc of him, you know, like back in Egypt and then in the present, him rising to power, gathering his horsemen, that could have been the whole season. And I think like ending the season with the reveal of Gambit as death would have been like a great cliffhanger to end the season. I just feel like we rushed through everything. But I will say there were some standout moments, like the scene where Apocalypse kills Magneto, Like that was amazing. I think that was a really powerful moment, But even that, I feel like it was addressed like an episode later in the Danger episode, and then it's like, all right, now, Charles is good and like ex corp, let's keep it moving. So I just I feel like for a character and an iconic as a villain as Apocalypse is, I feel like we moved through it really quickly. Like I assume at some point he will be back, because he's just trapped in that gem for now. I mean, I have to imagine at some point he'll escape. But I just feel like they could have done more with him this season, and like, like we've been saying they just kind of rushed through it so quickly.
Speaker 1: Aaron, did you did anything, Did you see anything that would make you change your pitch for fixing the season? No?
Speaker 5: I think it strengthened that idea, you know. I after watching this episode, I thought a lot about Beyond Good and Evil, the four part series, like four part episodes that they had in the original anime series where Apocalypse is gathering all the psychics and bishop as they and like, you know, you have this whole like thing where he's kidnapping psychic mutants and he's we have Sinister, we have Magneto. Like that to me felt like a more blockbustery thing for Apocalypse to do in terms of like a movie or TV show. Here it was just like, so, wait, what was his plan all along to like inhabit Gambit's body? That was like the end goal. I don't I don't get it. So I love Apocalypse as a villain. I think he's one of those characters who, you know, he's not necessarily on a Thanos or Doctor Doom level, but he he's someone who I'm always excited to see X Men fight, and I just think he could. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think I think they did it right. I think that's how it's meant to be.
Speaker 3: But I agree this is kind of like, no, it's another slightly lacking representation post offskys.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask this. This is actually a fascinating question. Head your head, Apocalypse versus Fanos, Apocalypse versus Doom, Who's who is winning? Assuming Apocalypse has time to you know, like the Batman Superman thing, he has had time. He's been planning this and he's like, I'm going to show everybody who the fucking baddest guy on the block is. I'm going to take down this person. Could he do it?
Speaker 2: I think Apocalypse could take Thanos in that case.
Speaker 3: I think if he had like three thousand years to plan, plus the celestial armor that he bonded with, plus his knowledge of Thanos's previous losses, plus his ability to create fourth horsemen meaning he probably has a connection to death, plus you know I should yeah right, I think that especially with the added time and the possibility for like you know, cables, time portals and going through time to learn stuff, I think Apocalypse could take it. I think Thanos can get easily blinded by like one mission, but Apocalypse is always thinking like twenty chest steps ahead of you.
Speaker 5: I also think if Apocalypse lost either of them, he'd be okay with it because he's like, you are You're the better, right.
Speaker 2: That's right. He'd actually be like, I can retire now.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm just like please, that is actually true.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a good call. I think he could beat Thanos even with the Gauntlet. I know that sounds crazy, No.
Speaker 3: I agree, I was. I was imagining with the Gauntlet for this question.
Speaker 1: I mean, but Thanos has gotten clapped with the Gauntlet before, so I think he could beat Thanos with the Gauntlet with enough planning time. And Doom I don't I'm not sure I think it would. I think Doom would probably beat him.
Speaker 4: But he's just smarter. I feel like he was just out smart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just I know in the comics, no one ever really dies, but in particular with the X Men animated series, I feel like Apocalypse he may have quote unquote lost, but he he he was always like hinted it at the end of said episode, like you never He's never truly gone. And so even here they don't kill him. They trap him in a gem. Oh, I'm sure that's not gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry they trapped him in a gem.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, guys, like this is so it's just such a bad thing to do in a space where there's so many different like dimensions, trapped in different like fucking inanimate objects and ship like you know, this motherfucker is coming back.
Speaker 1: Can't we call Reed Richards and like drop this thing in a waste basket and the negative zone and more.
Speaker 3: Like you know, make it, like make it a necklace for Franklin or something like who can?
Speaker 2: Who can hold the power?
Speaker 3: Like you don't need why when Burt gets it back to Cable, I forgive this man a break.
Speaker 2: That's his whole life.
Speaker 3: If I was Cable, I just stamp on it, gets tracked inside, do something crazy with it, like get get like.
Speaker 1: Cloak of Cloak and Dagger to just like leave it in the Cloak dimension, like just put it somewhere, get rid of it, and.
Speaker 4: Like does a Nightcrawler when he teleports go through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Nightcrawler's gone, and oh that's true.
Speaker 4: He's yeah, he didn't make it.
Speaker 2: You're right, guys. The optic blasts, if you look into where.
Speaker 3: They come from, they actually come from a different dimension. So can his dad be putting the fucking put it in your head?
Speaker 6: You only shoot optic blast? Can you try to suck this out? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nobody knows how the dimension works, so hopefully he'll know.
Speaker 1: Because like just thinking about it now, like where are they keeping it? Where do they put it now? Like the ex Corp fuck utility closet and X Corp.
Speaker 4: I think it's just in Bishop's pocket.
Speaker 2: Cable, Cable if it was a James Gun movie.
Speaker 3: Cable's putting it on top of his like he's putting it on his mantelpiece or on his like before he drives off, he like throws it into the dashboard.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea, let's go. That's actually where he should. That's actually who should. It's like the game ball. You have to give Cable the fucking gem with Apocalypse in it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's in his trophy room in his house. Like Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: Man, he's lifted a million universes just hunting this guy down. He's like living his own version of Tennant just ony any of the Bocalypse.
Speaker 7: Yeah, h Who was everyone's MVP of the season m vps of the season?
Speaker 1: Rosie?
Speaker 4: Oh really okay?
Speaker 1: Well, Rosie Okay, Rosie's your.
Speaker 3: MVP, So Miam, I'm doing My m VP is actually gonna be Jubilee. I just I just loved her this season. I loved that she got her action episode. I actually think one of the flaws of the season is that they didn't follow the kind of beats that they did, where you know, Gambit got that big fifth episode and this show's about him the emotional heart. We got a little bit of that with Jubilee when she's training and we get Sea using her powers, but I didn't feel like they kept the focus on her enough. But every time she came back, I just felt like boom, And like that fucking emotional arc where she then beats Havoc in the x Jet like dogfight, I just think that's really badass. So I don't know if she's MVP for like if we're talking about who is most valuable to like the team beating Apocalypse or whatever, but she's MVP to me for enjoying this season.
Speaker 2: Ian, who's your one answer?
Speaker 4: I think it's got to be Nightcrawler. I feel like, oh, he had some really amazing action like set pieces in a like Exodus episode, and this episode he is like the moral compass and like conscience of the team. I think he had some really great emotional moments too, whether it was like him comforting or consoling Rogue, or him trying to connect with his brother, or you know him again, big sacrifice he makes here at the end of the season. So I think he was kind of that emotional through line that I kind of kept the story together.
Speaker 1: I have a question, wouldn't the Catholic Church consider what he did suicide?
Speaker 4: That's a fair point. Yeah, so I guess he's he's not going to have him.
Speaker 1: But I'm just theologically like, where do where does that land?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have a question to follow that though. Do you think do you think night Crowler kind of expected beasts to come in after him and be like wait, don't wait a minute.
Speaker 4: It's just like a never ending lineup. You've been like, yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: This is this is like our d bab I'm here to bargain. Thing I wrote down.
Speaker 5: I wrote down Essen was like the guy in your fantasy league who accepts every trade, because it was just like, yeah, sure, the.
Speaker 1: Big mistake was make mad Rocks, make a guy guy go.
Speaker 2: Do you not do that. Mads through a sentient there. That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: That's crazy about is madros is there just be like, Jamie, make a guy who will.
Speaker 2: Go do the sac and Jami like that guy is.
Speaker 3: Me and just like just fucking go with that, you please.
Speaker 2: Jason. Who's your m v P.
Speaker 1: Oh, my, my m v P. I have a couple, But I think my main m v P is is that baldy Charles Xavier. He's like on the right side of everything.
Speaker 4: He was like he was, he was on.
Speaker 1: The right side of the debate this season. He You have to admit that if you look at whose coaching tree, who's like a mentor tree is doing the best stuff, it's Charles's people. Magneto's people are wilding out, contrusted, can't be trusted. They're going to take it too far, like you like I liked Where the Acolytes. I like Where the Acolytes, like the original brochure of the Acolytes. But once you really start getting into the program, it's like it's going it's it's being taken too far.
Speaker 2: And Valcupas say, I'm in the different direction.
Speaker 1: Charles is exactly exactly what I was going to say, I think you see with the Val Cooper governmental response that Charles is like was onto something. Maybe he had the the dial like a little bit too turned towards being being a bitch like previously, but he's like amped it up a lit little bit more where he's like, you know what, uh, yeah, it was a little too soft previously. Now it's like ex Corps. We're going to work within the system, but have our own power base within the system. And I'm not gonna just cooperate with Val Cooper and and the sellouts, like I'm going to be my own. We're going to be our own thing. And I think that is that's pretty great. And he had some great moments, some great astral plane psychic plane fights.
Speaker 3: This was a big This was a big season, Charles. They said, get them out of the wheelchair.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, Charles, I think it's almost more interesting.
Speaker 6: It's almost more interesting. I think who's the sixth man?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 5: Because there was this is truly an ensemble show to the point where now it's true your favorite.
Speaker 1: Answering as well, Yeah, so who's our who's our Yeah? Who is our sixth man? Who is our season?
Speaker 5: Because you didn't do m VP, right, I mean I think I think Morph would be my sixth man, because.
Speaker 1: That's a good choice you could be for MVP.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think Ian is right that Nightcrawler sneaky late season MVP, like the with the Exodus episode. I just remember being like, it's so nice to get a really good Morph or a really good Nightcrawler episode. We don't usually get this kind of thing. And I do think to the credit of the show, it did not make me think we're gonna lose Nightcrawler because we got this.
Speaker 3: It was a great episode and it just felt like, yeah, obviously he's.
Speaker 5: Very well done on that part. But yeah, I think I like Morph a lot, and I liked Morph. I kind of liked Morph, like not turning on Logan but being disappointed in Logan like yeah, I'm a true Asian parent, like IM.
Speaker 4: Say, for who he really is. Finally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Also that moment of like understanding of like you can only love someone so much, but like if they don't love themselves, like what could he do? And that was like so well put. And I think that's the crazy thing is like that's really deep for.
Speaker 2: Us to be talking about.
Speaker 3: It's got to show like they do really great stuff when the moment shine, but it's like it was more inconsistent. Okay, another shape shift going from Morph to Misty that big cliffhanger moment.
Speaker 2: What do you feel like, what do you feel like that's teasing Ian?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, because it's.
Speaker 2: Huge, right, Jason, Like she just shot right in head?
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, but I think.
Speaker 2: You think she's gonna take that place, right, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, I mean she's gonna run X Factor now, right.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, that's what I would see.
Speaker 4: So I think it's clearly with the way the season ended, I think it's setting us up for a big like political humans versus mutant kind of fight again playing out on this big like political stage. And so I think, to Rosie's point, yeah, Mestique is going to take VAL's place and steer X Factor in her own direction and use them as like a legitimate government tool, but like to like shape reshape the narrative. And I think, you know, like the Friends of Humanity and like the huge anti mutant sentiment. We got kind of some echoes of that in season one, with you know, Charles being gone and Magneto trying to like prove himself to like the world on a grand stage, and this season that obviously took a back seat because we're more focused on apocalypse and everything. So I think it's nice to kind of go back to that because that's really where the X Men stories are at their best, when it's about that struggle between you know, humanity and and and mutant kind and trying to find that middle ground. So I think that's what they're setting up for next season. It's clearly going to be like a big political kind of season. And yeah, I think with Bradon Creed being president is going to go back for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Crazy any other any other predictions for next season or coming seasons. It does seem that we're heading towards Cracoa.
Speaker 4: Jason who would be? I think we're still going to get onslaught like we were saying too.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say, who do you guys feel Maronald Jason, like, who's who do you feel is going to be the big bat?
Speaker 2: And then next season because I don't think that's clear at that.
Speaker 5: It's not mystique. Yeah, and like Jason, you had that really good breakdown when we're talking about the villains in the MCU that like, some villains are the secret, shadowy big bad and some of them are more like the hench person. I don't think Mystique is the big bad.
Speaker 1: I think though I don't think so either.
Speaker 6: Is it sinister? Is it not?
Speaker 5: Like I don't, I don't know. I thought we would get a sinister thing, honestly.
Speaker 1: I'm I wonder if it'll be on slot, and then I wonder if we will do like a House of M thing before we get to so. I think House of M two Curacoa makes sense. Wipe out the mutants, then you need a reason for them to be.
Speaker 6: Brought back.
Speaker 4: Both next season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do we ever?
Speaker 4: Do we have?
Speaker 1: Is there ever a period where they live in San Francisco before they go to Cricoa on.
Speaker 3: Alcat I would love like a little like MAK a little like that again though, that would feel like a solid episode. I bet they could do that like X Men Moves House Home, X Home or something.
Speaker 1: What is our greed? What do we give this season?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I starting with you.
Speaker 4: I'd give it a solid like B plus because I think what we got was really good, especially like again, all the action set pieces that we've been talking about are really fantastic. The animation is so top notch, and there were some really great emotional character moments. But I think my biggest complaint is, you know, the thing we've been saying all season, they're just speeding through some of these storylines a little too fast. So I think the pacing is my biggest gripe. But if that's like the worst thing about the show, it's still pretty good, So I'd say overall, and I really enjoyed the season. It was great to watch, So I think solid B plus for me.
Speaker 5: Aaron, I think I would give the first four an A and the second four a B, and like that's a B plus. Yeah, evens out to a B plus.
Speaker 6: I think that.
Speaker 5: I think season one ended stronger. Maybe that's just because I love THEO James's voice and like him. He was a great villain, I think. But yeah, I loved, loved, love the first four episodes of this season and it just felt so good, and I am a little bummed that we didn't follow through with that same energy, but it's still was very good.
Speaker 6: Still enjoyed the second half.
Speaker 1: Rosie, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think I'm I'm probably a little bit lower. I think I've given it a solid bee. I think the B plus is very what's true, I think are the grades in the UK. It just it's just did you pass or not at the school. I looked to me like there is ABCD blah blah blah. But what I would basically say is the reason I'm going a little bit just to A to a straight bee, not in between. I do think the pacing. I think the pacing lets it down. I think animation is stunning. I think there are parts of the story that are brilliant. But also as we were talking about this, I did realize like I missed Misster Sinister, like I missed having a really great villain where every time you were just like, what are they up to? What are they doing? Like I know what Apocalypse is doing. He's trying to fight survival of the Fist.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean. It's just and I like the Pocalypse.
Speaker 3: But I think in hindsight there were just some of the things that made the first season so strong. For me, I can feel them a little bit more, but it's still like a great bee. Like I think a B is a good grade and it's a Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna go be plus and be really boring with everyone. But you've convinced me, Rosie. I think I do agree that it's like you need that foil lurking over every part of the story and he just like goes away. Like even like you can do a bottle episode once, like with the the wolver the Wolverine Project X like backstory, but they just did it. They went to the world too much with that, where just we left Apocalypse for too long and then someone would.
Speaker 4: Just go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, even I mean even the penultimate episode kind of felt like a bottle episode in a little a little bit not so I.
Speaker 1: You've talked me down to a bee, but it just.
Speaker 3: Still be I'm saying, And overall, that's still a good that's a that's a plus minus whatever that would be, because.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just like reflecting on the first season in this season, I feel like the highs of season one were not necessarily matched by the second season, Like the remember It the Jenosha episode exactly. This season did not have an episode of that caliber in my opinion, not to say that the season was the man, it didn't reach the same.
Speaker 1: And it was too early, like you got to build up there's there's something to be said of like having an episode like that happened.
Speaker 2: And also is like every Magneo Charles that always dead.
Speaker 4: Like I think letting us sit with like bone Claw Wolverine for like more than you know, an episode or two, like letting him really like feel that and like.
Speaker 2: Death you know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, having him for more than half an episode been cool.
Speaker 1: So I know we talked about it, but like bone Claw Wolverine was, Oh, you didn't feel like he had paid a cost, like he was cutting guys up with ease you wanted. You want to feel like he's if he's not less, he's different, you know, And it just didn't feel like he was different enough. So I agree with you. Well, I'm excited for next season. I can't wait for next season. I do hope they as we have we need to figure out a way that they can just add more episodes to the to the series order, especially if they're going to move at this kind of pace. On the next episodes of Extra Vision, we're diving into news and one of the biggest movies and TV shows currently out there. That's it for this episode of the actual listening bute x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Night, and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joe Alminique and Aaron Klefman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abuzafar.
Speaker 2: I'll produce are Common, Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wag.
Speaker 7: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.