Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yeddy Michael. You're gonna post your cheese dip or whatever your recipe, Yes, sir, I'm gonna actually make that this year. Henry and I are gonna eat cheese dip. Matter of fact, it's already posted. Henry's gonna wear his Mahomes jersey. I'm gonna wear my original Chief's Joe Montana jersey from way back in the day. Watch the Big Game.
Speaker 2: You'll always be a forty nine er to me or something irrelevant. So the Super Bowl is coming up Sunday, Shirley, you know that. And this is a list of things the NFL requires your city has if you want to host one.
Speaker 3: NFL requires access to two top tier boys alleys.
Speaker 1: No clue why.
Speaker 3: Maybe Roger Goodell is a bowling enthusiast, but who knows. The league also requires access to three top tier golf courses no costs luss. The city must be able to provide free apartment housing to NFL staff for over a month before the actual game. Thirty five thousand free parking spaces at the stadium, and twenty three billboards for promotional use around the city. Not to mention the team. Hotels must agree to televise the NFL network or a year leading up to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well that's an interesting one to jam in the They have to be there for a month before the game, NFL officials. Yeah, golf courses doesn't surprise me. I guess bowling alleys.
Speaker 2: Okay, you probably have various parties for the owners and sponsors and all sorts of stuffies. Actually surprised. Strip clubs is not on that list. I wonder if that's in the fine prints. Probably with a non disclosure agreement to attack don rightly.
Speaker 1: So in some sort of gentleman's entertainment.
Speaker 2: Uh, gentlemen, I thought this is interesting if you're new to the show. Jack and I both have railed long and hard against critical theory and DEI it's neo Marxism.
Speaker 1: Will explain a little more about that.
Speaker 2: It maskerrades quite successfully, though, as we just want everybody to get a fair shot in America, and a lot of people think DEI actually is just we want more diversity. We want people to be able to apply for jobs and get them. No, everybody wants that DEI is in cities plot that mascarades as civil rights. Having said that the headline the journal America is abandoning DEI, the NFL remains all in. Everyone from the federal government of the Fortune five hundred are dialing back diversity efforts DEI efforts, but America's most popular sport is standing its ground. I'm not shocked by this. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like the fact that journalism regularly fudges the difference between DEI, which is a specific thing, and diversity, acting like they're the same thing. They don't know.
Speaker 2: I honestly believe the percentage of Americans who understand that that DEI is part of critical theory comes from the Frankfurt School of philosophy. It's a method of taking over institutions. Essentially, you call everybody a racist unless they agree with you. Perhaps you went to a delightful training session where this happened, and obviously, if you're a racist, according to the nice people who are running your DEI department, you can't be in charge, and so they get rid of you and they bring in somebody who believes what they do, which is Neo Marxism, equity, etc. DEI is Marxism. It's not diversity.
Speaker 1: That reminds me. I read a great piece yesterday on how ibramx Kenny is one of the great sisters of all time. Now that his run is over, I think had to shut down his anti racist institute. He got fifty million dollars. Where's I think in donations from companies. Never did anything. No people were falling all over themselves to give money. I'm not a racist. Don't call me a racist. Don't call me a racist.
Speaker 2: And you remember, no matter how you intended what you said, if I say you're a racist, you are a racist. It's a method of capture, of taking over institutions. And he and Robin DiAngelo and that whole ridiculous scam which is still going on. They knew precisely what they were doing. But back to my main point, I think a lot of people don't understand it. Yeah, I see even in fairly conservative publications, I still see people talk about DEI as if it's just an honest and open hearted desire to have, you know, like a black kid have the same opportunities in America as a white kid. Again, everybody wants that DEI is not that anyway. Having said that, back to the journal thing, the NFL is a TV show. Never forget that it's an entertainment product from top to bottom.
Speaker 1: Not actually an effort to see which city has the best forty guys to play football. Hired bmuths.
Speaker 2: No, it's a TV show, and it is an incredibly popular, profitable TV show, and a huge percentage of the cast are young black men and are incredibly important to the game and its popularity.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that, and given the fact.
Speaker 2: That most people don't understand what DEI really is and what it is not, including young black men who run, you know, receiving routes and get tackled hard and stay in incredible physical condition and memorize playbooks that would boggle the mind of an MIT physicist, that they don't spend a lot of time acquainting themselves with the subtleties of sociological issues is not shocking. So I get why Roger Goodell has said, no, we're still up with diversity, up with DEI. We're continuing all our programs. I get why he does that. It annoys me, but I get it. I thought this was more interesting and revealing. This is a piece written by Callum Borcher's what happens when a former NFL player becomes your office coworker. And I've got to admit I haven't thought about this much. Oh and he mentions, did we find the audio, guys from the two thousand and three that was.
Speaker 1: Twenty two years ago?
Speaker 2: A Super Bowl commercial featuring was it Terry Tait office linebacker or something like that?
Speaker 1: Do we have that? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you saw the commercial, you certainly remember it now. Absolutely hilarious. They hired a linebacker to root out inefficiency at their office. It's kind of like Doge, except if you weren't doing your job right, he would level you wearing his football gear. Anyway, back to the threat of the thing. I thought this was super interesting. Turns out real NFL retirees who entered the business world learned to make an impact in different ways. Quote Will Rackley, a former offensive lineman for the Jaguars and Ravens. He's a couple of months into a job as a business operations analyst at the staffing firm Atrium. He said it can be a culture shock when stepping into a corporate setting as opposed to the locker room. But manager after manager was telling callum borchers that they struggle to recruit people who can take and deliver candid feedback, especially these days.
Speaker 1: We've all heard stories of the.
Speaker 2: Snowflakes and the gen Zers and millennials and gen zers especially who if you say, you know that report wasn't quite up to snuff, they will break down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're crutching my spirit.
Speaker 2: I need a spirit day, I need a mental health day.
Speaker 1: They have trouble with people that can deliver the candid feedback. Though you smell funny, everybody's talking about it.
Speaker 2: No, not that sort of candid about job performance specifically a lot of people, particularly given the first thing I was talking about, People who can't take candid feedback are extremely uncomfortable giving it. You gotta stop eating with your mouth open. You're gonna make somebody kill you. Wow, now we're talking about business performance again. But a former gridiron pro accustomed to coaches a yell, cuss, and call out mistakes in postgame film sessions every week of their careers is not likely to will to under a little constructive criticism.
Speaker 1: That's funny. My son just said this is his first real sport. I think he's playing volleyball. He said. The coach is yelling at me all the time. I said, that's what coaches do. Yes, good or bad, no matter what's happening, the coaches yell at you. That's the way it works.
Speaker 2: This is the candid feedback we're discussing. And while there are some truth to the cliche that athletes can bring winning mindsets to business, it is actually their ability to handle losing that stands out.
Speaker 1: According to bosses and the former.
Speaker 2: NFL players are talking about are like the vast majority you leave the game, not hall of famers with set for life money. They are often men who are pushed out of the game by injuries or a younger, cheaper draft pick who could play about as well.
Speaker 1: Which is which is almost everybody who gets in the NFL. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, vast majority they've dealt with disappointment and regrouped, said an associate director of non traditional talent programs at Verizon.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: The ability to pick yourself up and get back into the game is really what business is all about. And he's found these guys to be much more resilient. I don't they understand, Wow, that went badly. What can we learn?
Speaker 1: I don't doubt that that should be focused on more for all professional athletes, the vast majority of them. Even if you've reached your dreams, made it to that league, you're gonna make a little money and be there a couple of years, and then you're gonna go back to regular life and you're gonna be twenty five years old, right, and that that would be an interesting mindset. I was good enough to play in that league. I worked my it's off ten hours a day, like my whole life. But that's over now and I'm only twenty five, and I got to do something different, right. But I think the other aspects of it, because that's important, though, But the idea of somebody, well, they make another point. NFL players are completely unfazed by the arduous process of interviewing for white collar jobs and or preparing for presentations and interviews and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's what they've done their whole lives. It's a different skill set that they're preparing for. But the idea of we're gonna have to go really really hard to get rid or get ready for this one particular meeting or something they're completely in that mode, So I thought that was interesting. It also reminds me of the New York Times. There's a great piece they did. Yeah, I know, when they're not completely biased, they do really good journalism once in a while. That the single most important characteristic for a child to predict their success in life is resilience. Can they are they afraid of failure? Or do they understand had happened sometime? Let's plunge on number one predictor, and I could see why NFL players would be really good at that. I mean, even the Chiefs, who are on the brink of a third consecutive Super Bowl, got to help us.
Speaker 1: They lose games, not Sunday. They won't all right.
Speaker 2: Looking, it's, oh yeah, we get to Terry Tate office linebacker. Why not Michael Again? This was twenty two years ago.
Speaker 1: Good God.
Speaker 4: When we asked Rebuk to send us Terry Tate, some people thought we were crazy. But I'm a firm believer in paradigm, breaking outside the box.
Speaker 1: Thinking anyway, break was over fifteen minutes ago match.
Speaker 4: And since Terry has been with us, our productivity has gone up forty six percent. We're getting more from our employees than ever before.
Speaker 1: You know, you need a come a seat or your TPS reports, Richie. That ain't new baby, hey Janis.
Speaker 4: But what's really impressed me is how Terry has become part of the Felcher family.
Speaker 1: He fits right in here. This is little thiss call Doug.
Speaker 4: To be honest.
Speaker 1: I wish Reebucks sent us ten. Terry takes you want to pay games day time? His pay time?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 1: Who love it? Looking at CNN Elon Musk's Doge remaking the federal government at breakneck speed. Now, why you've gotten many Democratic leaders screaming. You'll hear some of that screaming coming up.
Speaker 4: In the United States Senate.
Speaker 1: We will not cooperate. We will cooperate with no appointments. When it comes to the State Department. There should be hundreds of thousands and millions of people to send Washington d C. We must resisked, We must be in the streets, all right. Part of it might be this is a pushback against Doge and shrinking the government and cutting costs and aid and all this different sort of stuff from the Democrats. Some of it might be they just they're so demoralized on the left, and it's just part of a cycle. They'll be back in the right, will be demoralized in the blink of an eye, because I've lived through this enough times. But they're so demoralized, Joe Wall, it lasts. They're so demoralized on the left they have to show some like fight to their crowd, like we're fighting something. I guess, look at us. We're confident, we know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: We're fighting for you by keeping the bloat in the federal government.
Speaker 1: Here's a little more of that sort of thing. What is doing is illegal. It is a cupe. Elon ms makes unsafe cause and now he wants to create an unsafe world. We will not shut up. We will stand up. We will speak up that same spirit the Elon Musk has coming from South Africa. We're not gonna have apart time in America. Oh boy, who the hell is Musk think he is? He has absolutely no right. He's shutting down USA. I d we cannot allow that. We've got to take to the streets.
Speaker 4: Tss.
Speaker 2: Wow, they tried to turn it racial with an apartheid reference.
Speaker 1: There. He builds unsafe cars, all right, Yeah, you loved his cars until he became a Trump guy.
Speaker 2: And look, we've we've met John Germundy's a longtime congressman from northern California. He's one of Congressman Joe John. Look around, look at the company you're keeping. You are so much better than that, and.
Speaker 1: You gotta say something. Yeah. We got a couple of texts about things we've talked about. One we got a number of texts about people had funny experiences with either handyman or home improvement. People showing up drunk or not having tools or a ladder or whatever like I experienced yesterday. I remember the one time somebody, it was somebody who's out there and they asked me, I think, for a tool of some sort and I said no, And I said you live on a farm and you don't have that. I thought, okay, cool, so you can come out here without tools and shame me for not having the tool you need. This is fantastic, four stars. It's on me, I guess uh. And then earlier I was talking about I'm having the biggest sleep crisis of my life out of nowhere. I just can't sleep and it's making me insane. A lot of people recognizing recommending magnesium I have jackets clearly have a mineral deficiency. Take magnesium in all caps. It is essential to help, he said. Lots of people are big on the magnesium. I don't know if that's a hot thing right now. Yes, Kate, it is a hot thing. And one of the guys at my gym say, because I was having trouble sleeping, he goes, you gotta try this. But the only thing I'll tell you is that it gives you like acid dreams. Cool. I didn't. Yeah, I didn't try it, But well, you take magaza. I don't have any problem at all. How's your stool? Everything's final. Have you tried vitamin B? That's what I call bourbon dad? He needs his vitamin B. Magnesium might one percent be okay. But it's funny how various supplements come in and out of favor, and they're they're you know, for a year they're the hot thing. Well you're not getting enough whatever, and every store in America sells a bottle of it, and noverybody takes it.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, if I can buy a bottle of it for five dollars and I've convinced myself it'll work, and I fall asleep like.
Speaker 1: A baby, bingo I'm one hundred percent in favor of Placebia. Yeah, that that works. It works. I'll take magnesium until I oh, until my stool's okay, you know, I'm Michael like yours. Good lord, Yeah, that's stop. So Kamala Harris was on sixty minutes. You remember that big interview. They edited her answer Trump is suing. We have what the actual answer was. It's an interesting case for those of us in the media. Pretty interesting. So stay stay here, Armstrong and Getty. This is already a win for Trump and it will continue to be a win for most people. I think the way most people will well, we'll hear this story about the sixty minutes editing Kamala Harris's interview, whether whether it's accurate or not, this is the way it's going to be come off, I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: The New York Times headline is FCC releases sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris. Remember she did a big sit down in sixty minutes leading up to the election. Got a lot of a lot of scrutiny because well, she very rarely answered questions, and when she did, it was nonsensical. So it always got a lot of scrutiny, and then we all found out, like the next day or very soon there after, that there was some editing and the promos and this and that, and did they cut one of our answers to make her seem less crazy and all that sort of stuff that was out there in the world. But so this sixty minute, this story from the New York Times Today again FCC, the FCC released this, not c the mean they made CBS get it. FCC releases sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris. The complete interview, which is at the center of a lawsuit filed by President Trump, shows that sixty Minutes aired a concise version of Miss Harris's answer on Israel. Thought it was interesting that The New York Times went with that is kind of the subheadline, because if all you look at is that, you certainly come away with the Trump was right, they were wrong. They were trying to screw him. I think that's the way most people are gonna take that story. This is the way CBS presented it.
Speaker 5: Now have some news about CBS itself. Sixty Minutes has posted on cbsnews dot com transcripts and videos from its interview with former Vice President Kamala Harris at aired back in October. The SCC had requested these materials as part of an investigation into a complaint alleging quote intentional news distortion close quote. The issue concerns one question about whether Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin at Yahoo was listening to the Biden administration. CBS News broadcast a longer portion of Harris's answer on Face the Nation, and then a shorter excerpt of the same answer on sixty Minutes. In a statement, sixty Minutes said the transcripts and video show quote the sixty Minutes broadcast was not doctored or deceitful close quote, adding that each.
Speaker 1: Excerpt reflects the.
Speaker 5: Substance of the Vice President's.
Speaker 1: Answer, which is a better story, a better explanation of it than They're probably not happy at CBS the way The New York Times boiled it down to one sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I mean more concise is and it doesn't strike me that judgmental either way.
Speaker 1: Honestly, New York Post version uncut. Now we're about to play the actual clips, but uncut sixty minutes Kamala Harris interview reveals word salad responses were heavily edited by sixty minutes. UH snipped Israel answer to just twenty words. Kamala Harris gave a one hundred and seventy nine word meandering answer on Israel that sixty minutes cut to twenty words, according to the transcripts released yesterday. Wow, that's some editing. One hundred and seventy nine word answer to twenty words. Now, as executive producer, Hanson has been talking about as a guy who's produced lots of different kinds of radio shows and sports highlights and all kinds of different stuff. That's what we do all the time the media business. Oh yeah, you have to. You have to for all kinds of reasons, time keeping people's attention, jazzing it up, making it punchy. The issue really seems to be to me that in this particular case, the number one knock on the candidate was they couldn't answer a question without going into word solid mode.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was like one of the key questions with her, right a campaign issue. But what question are we asking here? And I'll tell you the reason I asked that. I mean, CBS is wildly biased, wildly and I think most people know it. This lawsuit is nuts. It'll be dismissed very very quickly. Well, so you're going to the legal thing. I don't care about the legal thing.
Speaker 1: I think politically it's going to be damaging, absolutely damaging to the media. Slash sixty minutes and vic st to win for Trump, I think. And Trump doesn't think he's going to win the lawsuit. I don't think. Oh no, I think he just wants to people to talk about it. Although getting back to the New York Times article, right, and we're talking about it in a way that suggests that sixty Minutes did edit the answer to make her look better, which you know, I'm sure he's very happy with. But farther down in the New York Times article about this, sixty Minutes argues that it did nothing wrong. It's common practice for news organizations to edit for a blah blah bah. Getting into the legal part of it. I want to get this because this is really good sue. For the legal part of it. Yeah, I should have highlighted this, mister Troops. Lawsuit has led to angst at CBS, where many staff members believe that any settlement would be a symbolic concession to the President and an acknowledgment of wrongdoing by sixty Minutes. Bill Owens, the executive producer of sixty Minutes, said Monday in a meeting with staff that he would not apologize to Trump as part of any settlement with the network. But it looks like that's probably what going to happen. CBS is going to pay something to get this over with and wants to include an apology, but the guy involves it. I'm not apologizing. And the staff that works there, We've heard this over and over again, right New York Times, sixty Minutes, all these different left leaning organizations. The staff gets all upset. We can't have we can't give an inch on any of these things. The people at the top or the lawyers often have a different point of view of we need to settle this. It's only going to get more expensive. People settle these kind of things all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, if they do, I'll be really disappointed you can't settle it.
Speaker 1: I'll be interested to see if they do or not. I'm having this conversation with my kids the other day about why lawyers recommend settling things when you did nothing wrong. It's just a dollars and cents question often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I were a smarter lawyer than their lawyers, I'd say, you're going to be handling one of these suits every week and a half to I don't know, four days. If you settle this oh you edited it made me look bad or made me unhappy. No, you can't settle this suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder, I wonder where it's going or how it's going to turn out. But anyway, let's play the clips, the actual clips. So this is one version of the question in answer clip seventy one there between Bill Whitaker and Kamala Harris. But it seems that Prime Minister in net and Yah who is not listening.
Speaker 6: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that we're very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 1: I'm mostly reminded listening to that what a dope she is. She was a dope. But here's the same question, different answer. But it seems that Prime Minister net and Yah who is not listening, We're not.
Speaker 6: Going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a tough one. I mean, not the legal part. I'm not interested in that part. But that's a tough one from a like even a news standpoint, because normally, yeah, you're interviewing, whether it's a politician or a coach or whoever. You tried it, you just try to get it down to the answer. You had a question and you want the answer, and you want to give the answer to the people who are watching or listening, and you want to be short and interesting and easily understood. But in the case of Kamala Harris, because she was such a meandering dope. God, the story is the long, meandering dopiness. That is the story. What she she doesn't say anything. Ever, I don't know from a like even a journalistic standpoint, would I think how you should handle that? I mean, if you had, unlike all other politicians, editing her at all, was significant to the interview, Yeah, yeah, I get it. I mean, what was the total on the words there that I mentioned? This is from the New York Post's counting of it. She gave the total answer, which I don't think we you can. The whole thing is out now. I started watching yesterday. It's like an hour long. But the whole thing is out there, and I'll have to watch this later. They didn't air it in the sixty minutes interview, the whole thing at all, but Kamala Harris gave a one hundred and seventy nine word answer to that question, and then sixty minutes cut it down to twenty words, which still sounds dumb. She still sounds like she has no idea what she's talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, that first version was I was like, oh, that's right. Yeah, boy, she's that dumb.
Speaker 1: But that's the trip. That's the twenty one that's the twenty word version that they edited it out to. I want to hear the whole ard seventy nine words? How does she say good Lord?
Speaker 2: Keeping in mind she only lost because of misogyny and racism according to the new head of the DNC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think what's going to come out of this? And like, looking at that New York Times subhad people are gonna hear see Trump sues sixty minutes. Turns out sixty minutes did edit it. I think that's what's going to be in the ether of the conversation about this. Yeah, if if it becomes against the law to edit answers at all, I don't know how we would even move forward as a species, those of us who play clips for a living.
Speaker 2: And if you're not familiar with this, politicians, especially if they're in an even semi hostile forum, we'll try to filibuster you. Yeah, you'll ask them are you going to vote for the Jones Amendment? And five and a half minutes of rambling later, you'll find finally be like.
Speaker 1: Can we readirect plays? And they do that intentionally, so you have to edit. Yeah, that's a good point right there. It's often to not have to answer the question and bor you to death, or knowing that you're going to have to get to a break at some point. I'm not a big fan of horror movies. I just I don't dig them.
Speaker 2: But if I want to be horrified, I'll sit around in daydream for five minutes.
Speaker 1: About what it would have been like if Kamala had won.
Speaker 2: And we were going one hundred miles per hour down the road of DEI and white guilt and men playing women sports and squandering money and the ridiculous USAID programs, one hundred different examples. It's too terrible to contemplate.
Speaker 1: We you know, I believe in the parallel universe thing. I want to. I want Elon to put me on a spaceship to go to the parallel universe where she won and see how it's playing out. Holy cow, no kidding, man, You talk about a different next four years.
Speaker 2: Well, in foreign policy wise, what are our adversaries going to do with President kamalaw in charge?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would liked her super Bowl interview, or she probably wouldn't have done it. She'd have done like Biden and just skipped it. Yeah, Trump's doing it. He's gonna be interviewed by Brett Baer before the super Bowl. If you want more politics on your Super Bowl Sunday, I don't. We've got more on the way next. What's the most sought after beer in America? Of that? For you in a moment? Sought after? Yeah, people can't wait till it shows up. The annual delivery of what arguably the most sought after beer in America. Well, I'll tell you now, Pliny the Younger, which I've never had. Are you familiar with that?
Speaker 4: Beer.
Speaker 2: I remember it was Pliny the Elder for a long time. Okay, they've evolved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess when it shows up and it's going to at least in the San Francisco Bayry at the bars this weekend. It's a hot thing and it doesn't last long. Okay. Our former producer Scott was a big fan. Oh really. In fact, I think he brought a six pack in. Yep. Yeah, so we got more texts about the whole sixty minutes Kamala edited thing than we get on most topics. So again, I think it's gonna end up being a win for Trump overall. But somebody pointed out the sixty minutes interview was mostly Bill Whittaker talking over the video of Kamala summarizing her answers, which is true if you remember that they do that all the time. They'll just show a picture of her walking through the White House or something, say Kamala hars. He went on to say that she believes that because she couldn't say it herself. Yeah, of course, they talk so freaking slow in sixty minutes. It is one of your big complaints and they repeat every question. Have you tried doing audio books or podcasts at more than one time speed, like faster or twice. Yeah, I don't think it's good for me. I was listened to Elon on a podcast the other day. He does his at like one and a half to two. Everything he takes in. He thinks our brains can take in information much faster, and that you know, we just need to we need just to like acclimate ourselves to it and wrap ourselves up, and that we could and that we'll be able to take in stuff so we can just take in so much more information. I think he's got like one of the more special brains in world history, and he thinks everybody else's brain's like his.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm willing to consider it and give it a try. But he's an autistic super genius right exactly. But man like a greyhound looking at my Labrador retriever and saying you could run.
Speaker 1: Faster than that. You know. I tried one point two on this book, and if you look at the it really saves you a ton of time. I mean, the math's pretty simple. But I had like three hours left on this book and I clicked up the speed, and all of a sudden I got two hours and twenty minutes, I thought, Wow, I could get through it that much faster, but it was making me insane trying to pay attention to was like, ah, is it making me nervous? Because you can't you can't let your mind drift for a little bit. If when they're talking this fast all the time, you got to be right on top of it, right right.
Speaker 2: And you know, the stuff I listened to is like full of ideas. That's why I'm listening to it, and I'd like to be able to absorb them and kind of kick them around a little bit. Anyway, Speaking of media, a couple more quick notes. The FCC has launched an investigation into radio stations backed by leftist billionaire George Sorows for broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Live locations about the cover immigration.
Speaker 2: Right for broadcasting live locations of undercovered immigration and Customs Enforcement agents UH. One of those stations, case CBS in San France, California's, come under scrutiny for revealing live locations of undercover ice vehicles and agents conducting operations outrageous. They've sent a formal letter letter of inquiry to the radio station as part of the FCC investigation.
Speaker 1: This is really serious stuff and it should be. How much trouble is our friend in who has done news for us many, many, many times over the years, how much trouble is he in? Like, legally speaking, I have no idea. I've heard a couple of people say, like he could actually be in bad trouble. Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I'd have to look into that because the First Amendment is a powerful son of a gun protecting the media.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying he should be. I just don't know.
Speaker 2: But we'll be covering it, I mean, because it affects us in a rather fundamental way. Not that we're going to out undercover operations anytime soon, because we're not I don't know, commie jackasses.
Speaker 1: Well, what if it was something we agreed with, though we should be able to do that, right, What would be a good example. I don't know. If the Kamala Harris administration was gonna come get you if you misgendered somebody, which is against the law in California. So let's say Gavin Newsom was gonna come arrest you because you misgendered somebody, And we decided to go on the radio and say where the misgender police were so you could look out for them. We might do that.
Speaker 2: I would do that one hundred percent, and I would expect to endure the consequences. I don't know, and then I would get a lawyer and fight it, and that would be my thing, and I'd be really excited.
Speaker 1: I guess your question is, should there be consequences as a free speech issue? I don't know. I never thought at that angle. It just seems so unconsciable to me to tip off criminals. And I don't mean they're here illegally criminals, they're criminals on top of that right to try to protect them seems so crazy to me. Oh yeah, I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: It purely as the First Amendment press issue, not whether it was right or wrong. I mean, that's that's self evident to me. It's funny I just wrote a thing. It had to do with the idea of a brave revolutionary college student, for instance, who considers himself a Jay Guavera. They're wearing the caffia, which I heard referred to as a terror scarf the other day.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that kind of chilli. Honey, do you know where my terror scarf is?
Speaker 2: My next exactly? But anyway, the brave little revolutionary who's in there.
Speaker 1: And you need to fight the power and bring revolution from the river to the sea. And then they break windows and get arrested, and it's oh, what are you doing? You're hurting my wrist? What are you doing? Yeah, you can't rescue I have class tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you people are so pathetic. OI don't have much time for this, and it's a damn shame. But I'll give you a touch of it. The Trump administration is turning their gaze as soon as possible to NPR friends and the people who run NPR, and they're eighty seven to zero Democrats to Republicans at NPR in DC, for instance, how that process is going to work, and some great questions that ought to be asked. Next hour. That's our four of the show. If you don't get our four of the show, grab it later via podcasts. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Love this Since we have to compete against them and we don't get to government money to do it, Armstrong and Getty