Speaker 1: Joey quean man with stance and hands, filling numbers and crane of sand Fantasy talking about diamond dreams, takes and players with.
Speaker 2: Throwing their schemes.
Speaker 3: So Welsh breaking it down real sos is Howling the radio school talking monsters on the based off field. Was it swingings, bets and magic shields, fanity Baseball in the nine.
Speaker 1: Podcast Thursky enough fas size class.
Speaker 3: And looks and starts still lie, Dreams of glory.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you. I bet three sixty five, bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets. When he is the promo code leading off, it is me Joey p That's the Welsh, the Peanuts, the Crackers, everybody's here, and I know what you're thinking, folks, I know what you're thinking. Today's going to be a day where you know, I was gonna have a little tinfoil scythe and a little bit of a black hood. But I'm not gonna do that yet. I'm not gonna do that yet. I'm gonna let things play out when it comes to Garrett Cole. But certainly Welsh. It's easy to say that last night's performance against the New York Mets wasn't great. However, against the Mets an eight career starts, he's a six six to four era. I don't know why the Mets own Garrett Cole, but apparently they do. That's his worst era against any team. It was not a great performance. Velocity was down somewhere around ninety one ninety three in that range of times. That's when some of the home runs that were hit yesterday, and Garret Cole said afterwards that, well, he dialed back the velocity a little bit because you know, things weren't going well and he was trying blah blah blah blah. So what do you think about Garrett Cole's performance last night against the New York Mets.
Speaker 3: It wasn't quite like I didn't think you were gonna grim rape for it, but I definitely which you are definitely implying a little bit.
Speaker 2: If I told you, sir, I never said that he said that, I would say, oh yeah, I said that was my idea, not Joe's idea.
Speaker 3: By the way, yes, he said he dialed it back, but it wasn't because of like Tasmanian devil. It was because he said his command was wavering, so he dialed back the velo so he could get into that command a little bit more. It wasn't great. It didn't work out real great. I will say this, even in the overall VLO dip that he had in the latter innings where I think it was like the third or fourth inning, fastball even went around like ninety one. As he dialed it, his fastball VLO overall was still up. So that's kind of a surpriser there. But he got absolutely no whiffs whatsoever. Mets can be kind of a tough strikeout team. There's a few of those guys out there that live in that like sub twenty percent range. He had a fifteen percent whiff rate in it. His fastball and cutter were doing nothing, and you can see his slider didn't hit the zone fourteen percent zone rate. Everything else was around forty percent. I think that's just a little bit lower than like his overall space. So to this spot that we're in right now, is Joe's you should sell off? Correct? At this point it would look like so is the vello something to be concerned about. It's something to monitor for sure, because if this continues, he's going to have a hard time having success overall. And you could question the second start back already having some weird results, weird VLO dip stuff. If that plays out, then Joe, you will get a massive I told you so situation of like, hey, his peak already happened. I think it's all good. I'm still solid with Garrett Cole. There's a lot of adjustment. I think Aaron Judge may have said it as well, that this is his strengthure. You know, these guys that that miss this type of time, that are adjusting and finding themselves in baseball. He's playing against a team that he struggles with. It's kind of the spring training. I'm a bye. I'm a bye with Garrett Cole, regardless of some of the world will I told you after.
Speaker 2: Well, look it's not I told you so. I warned you. I See. The thing is, that's this public service announcement. This is a fantasy baseball wagering, baseball entertainment program, and we're here to have fun, We're here to talk baseball, and we're here to help people as much as we can. I believe, and I still hold that belief that this is too dangerous of a game to be playing in your season long fantasy least, if this is a keeper league diet like you're you're already tied in. It doesn't matter. No strikeouts yesterday, it's not what you want to see. Yes, it could feel like spring training. Sure. I watched the start yesterday, and I think anybody who watched him didn't see a confident, or I would say commanding Garrett Cole. He did not look like somebody who was He was leaving balls all over the zone and yes, that happens in the spring, treading to guy. Sure, So that's why I'm not the grim Reaper today. That's why I'm not wearing the cape, and that's why I don't have my scythe yet and I don't want to have to adorn those things. But it was not an encouraging start for Garret Cole yesterday. It was not the Garrett Cole that I think you're looking for. Now. To your point, if you're on the Welsh's side and you think that I'm wrong, then you absolutely have the window of all windows to buy low for the rest of the season. This is it. This is rock bottom pre injury rock Bottom. That's the like, that's the subterranean like it's already over. But I agree with you Welsh, this is the time where, yeah, this is when you can buy low on Garrett Cole if you are so in closed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I I'd be comfortable like him to be less sweaty. He seems like he's in the Brandon school of sweat. But it is summer. But also I've put a poll up not to jokes aside, of course, we want to talk about serious thing. But I put a poll up what is worse? I told you so, or I warned you, and I have to know you're a dad, warned you.
Speaker 2: Remember that story you told me about your daughter going out and wearing her not wearing shoes outside and then she heard herself and she almost didn't make her dance. Meat. Isn't that that sounds like a very dad thing to do. You're a dad. I'm a dad. The Peanuts and the Crackerjacks are kind of like our children. Hopefully we'll have to pay for college for any of them. Jeez. But Wonky Penguin is in a right mood today. She's killing it in his chair right now. I gotta say, but look.
Speaker 3: Garrett Cole or kill Hendrick swonky Kid out here. I'm a buy on Garrett Cole. I think this is a blip. The Mets, like I said, can be a tough team. He was completely off. Yes, though, this could be the warning sign. And that's what you have to know.
Speaker 2: So if you start to throw or he wasn't good dial back or not. His command wasn't good, his confidence wasn't good on the mound, his demeanor wasn't good. And I know you're getting your ass kicked. That's fair, like you're not going to be having a good time. But that's not Cy Young Garrett Cole that I know. That's not the guy that I watched pitch for the Yankees and win Cy Young's. That's not the guy that I watched pitch in Houston either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I kind of I don't know, like year over year that the average is the same on the fastball. He hit ninety nine in this start. He was just massively effective because he plays the zone. He couldn't hit the zone. He missed no bats. Again, this could be the thing, man, Joe. Maybe it's just a field.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's working his way back in the fields. I don't know, we'll see, but I'm not grim reapering yet. I in fact, I'm actually on your side today.
Speaker 3: I warned you, which you know.
Speaker 2: We had a very funny tweet. Someone was saying that I love this show, but I'm not listening today because Joe is going to go on here talking about Garrett Cole and I'm not taking victory laps. I'm not. I'mware, Welsh is if you believe in Garret Cole, this is the time to buy Mark V. By the way, let's talk about the other side of this grimacing two home runs there for him off Garrett Cole Showiltani and the Dodgers had a pretty good night two for four with a homer for him. Freddy Freeman also won four with a homer, but Bobby Miller in that same game gave up three runs and two innings thirty eight pitches in the first inning, sixty altogether before he got pulled. Welsh, you know it's God forbid. Something happens to Cole and then Louis Heel turns into a pumpkin here. This is a very interesting start tonight. Yankee fans right now are not in a good mood. They had that hee'l blow up. They had Cole against the Mets, which is the worst thing. If you're a Yankee fan, you hate it. And then what do you have next is Louis Heel and if he looks human again. Now it's like an arms race where the Yankees and the Dodgers, the two juggernaut teams of the first three months of the season, all of a sudden are hitting that market really hard for arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree on the Bobby Miller friend. By the way, you want to talk about zone percentages, he did not have over ninety percent of his pitches failed to go over thirty six percent in the zone or more. He never had a pitch that he throwed ninety percent or more get the zone at a clip that was essentially more than three three to one, So two thirds of the time it was a ball. It's ridiculous. His fastball thirty six percent zone rate, but his sinker, which he threw the most, only a twenty six percent zone rate and the slider a ten percent. He has not looked right since that one game. It was like his second or third start of the year where he had like the destruction, the blow up, he struck out the side in the first inning, I'm forgetting what it was. But the second inning he just got annihilated, give up like five runs, thirty pitches or whatever the hell it was it was.
Speaker 2: And he just has not the first apologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just has not been right since then. And this mix again is kind of showing he's not throwing strikes, and that's the big key. But it's like, is that the be all end all for a guy like Bobby Miller, Because if you're gonna look at his overall stuff, Vilo's stuff about on par spind, they still look good. He still had twenty six percent with rate, still got some called strikes. It was a crappy twenty two percent CSW percentage. But all of those things we're just relative to him not throwing a ton of strikes. So if we can get back to that, the sinker should be throwing. By the way, a twenty six twenty two, twenty six percent sinker zone percentage is wildly insane. You throw that pitch because you want these guys to make crappy, bad contact at ground balls and stuff like that. If you can fix that, I think we could get back to that Bobby Miller. But that's the question are we going to And I don't know. I'm I'm pessimistic about Bobby Miller right now, where I'm a little bit optimistic about Garret.
Speaker 2: We shall see how it all shakes out. Gunner Henderson got the Welshall Homer yesterday. Good for him. More Gunner Henderson Later in the show, Luis Castillo still not good. Four runs, five hits, five and a third. I just hope he's not hiding some sort of injury. I hope this is some kind of mental or mechanical thing or whatever it is, because last couple starts have not been good. Interesting by a low window on Luis Castillo. If you want to make your Rice Harper two for four with his twentieth home run of the season. So we got a couple guys in the twenties now. Entery Schooble seven K, seven score is so a good start against the Phillies for him. He had a little bit of fun. Carlos Rodriguez was optioned, and as Wonkee Penguin pointing out earlier in the Chet, Dallas Kikeel gets acquired by the Brewers. The Brewers are desperate need for some pitching. No, I mean desperate. You know, they lost Gasser, they lost Rodriguez. Now they optioned him, so they need some help there. If only they had a picture like Cormyn Burns, things might have been you know whatever. Ben Rice not in the lineup today. I guess I should say for the New York Yankees, that's interesting only because we're kind of monitoring the playing time a little bit. Jadi Davis got to start yesterday. Hessen Kerstadt also was not in the lineup. Again, we bring up these players to play and then they don't play so much, and it's a little frustrating from time to time.
Speaker 3: They they said on the Ben Rice stuff, they didn't want to call it. It's so funny. They didn't want to call it a platin, but it's like a platin. They're like, well, Ben Rice will probably play against some lefties, and we like the at bats of his, but it's essentially going to be a version, and their platoon might just be like guy one day, maybe the other guy two days and the other guy two days, so they're gonna have some version of it. JD. Davis coming in does hurt Ben Rice. But this is also why like I wasn't very redraft pro Ben Rice, so chalk that up for me not touting a prospect in REGA.
Speaker 2: Well, look, Ben Rice is a good minor league season. George, hey Man, I did warn you, and it is going to be July first, and Garret Cole so far has not given you anything to your fantasy team, right or wrong? Right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, no, the first start. Now, first start, I thought it was like, fine, that's what you want to take.
Speaker 2: The second was so bad. I think it undid anything from the first start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe so we're even.
Speaker 2: No, No, we're even. We're not starting with three months with nothing. If we're back to zero, that's still zero. Welsh.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, god, I mean what can you do about the end?
Speaker 2: Nothing like you could not draft him.
Speaker 3: You could have major decision earlier. What do you think that poll is? By the way, what people think is worse. I told you so, or I warned you.
Speaker 2: I told you so, definitely, I told you so.
Speaker 3: Seventy three percent I told you so. I'm shocked. I don't know you saying I warned you exponentially worse whip.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it is. You're a dad, you warn your children all day long. That's all you do. I'm warning everybody right now, we've got an amazing giveaway. Mike Mayer finally did something right. So if you listen to the because he got this jersey for us to give away. If you listen to the show on the audio side, this is your opportunity drop a five star audio review. Again. Wherever you get your podcasts here, if you're listening to the MLB show here, if you're listening to Leading Off every day you listen to the cycle Cleaning Up, which, by the way, today after the show, last one of the season so far, this is going to be yours and Orlando Cabrera son. Wow. I mean, look at this an Orlando Cabrera jersey. It's unbelievable. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review. That's where you get a chance again. This is the website you could go, click right on it Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review. Give us a five star review of the podcast. Talk about how much you love the antics of Welsh. You could say I warned you against Joey pet whatever it is five stars. Positivity the power positivity might give you one of the coolest giveaway jerseys. We're gonna do Orlando Cabrera old school Montreal Expo jersey could be yours.
Speaker 3: People in the chests can see it. It look it looks amazing. Look at and I was amazing, it does look amazing. I was gonna say, like, ah, you know, that is tough for our guys that you know have been in here for a long time, and you know I want them to have an opportunity. But I will bet you so many of them have not reviewed us and done the reviews. So fatiscros dot com, slash MLB review everybody, get in and do it.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the waiverwaii, let's address this this thing here. Cards in the attic who I've never heard here in the chat before, welcome to the chat. We appreciate you. How can player? How can player give you anything when he has been hurt? Probably one of the dumbest questions I've heard. Lo o l okay.
Speaker 3: It sounded like you were about to go to he was about to be.
Speaker 2: Guy's been hurt. The point, the point I'm making is if you're spending a second, third, fourth round pick on a player that was dealing with an elbow injury of massive implications. You are hurting your team because you passed out on somebody else. You passed over another player that could have helped your team, and you've gotten nothing in three months from that player. Now you might get three great months. I don't know if that's enough to justify some of the ADP because he was still a top one hundred player. Was he not Welsh last time?
Speaker 3: But it is a small it is a small period of time where that was going on. It was like the February ish range and then that did adjust.
Speaker 2: It adjusted it like very very end. Let's be honest. It was the very end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but also like the one I mean, I'm not going to defend.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a question, it was a statement, and your punctuation in grammar leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention all caps is on pal people people talking all caps are desperate to be hurt.
Speaker 3: I won't I won't defend. I won't defend negativity, but I said it as.
Speaker 2: You're you're okay cards, I'm just messing.
Speaker 3: With you, buddy. But again, like I said, not going to defend or definitely promote negativity for here, but as you were saying it. I was going like, hey, listen, what can people do Like I don't think you can fully sit on here and make the case like, oh man, he just hasn't produced. It's like, well, yeah, because he's hurt. So yes, I get your point the second and fourth round, But if you're here today, I don't think there's any justification to talk about the time that you've lost. If you're here today, that time was right after you drafted him, or a month ago or two weeks ago when you were doing that, Like that's it's irrelevant to me now because it's like, all right, we're starting over day one, we're fresh, he's here. Whatever you lost, you lost. You needed to make that.
Speaker 2: From all I learned from Scott Bogman, stop drafting players here hurt before season starts. This is a great conversation about five years ago I had with him. We were talking about stuff. He's like, what are you doing? Like, fancy sports is hard enough. Stop drafting these guys that are already hurt. Unless you're getting such a mad yell at Bogman all the time where you just it's nothing but upside, and that's just rarely the case nowadays. It just rarely is, and I.
Speaker 3: Yell at Bagamunt all the time. I'm like, will you stop having the same take on injuries? And he's always right and.
Speaker 2: In the chat and he's always right. PMB is a question, Louis Heel for Yelich? Is that a good trade? That's an interesting one. I want to say, he never question. I still would roll the dice with Heel, but it's not awful. That's how I look at that one.
Speaker 3: Welsh how do you see it now? I think that's that's like the general space.
Speaker 2: But yellow isn't a slam. I believe that's my problem. It's like Yellowich is another back one swing from a back injury guy waiting to happen to He's good. I'll replace it Ryan Reynolds or Louis Heel.
Speaker 3: Oh, Brent, I mean I would do that in a heartbeat with Brian Reynolds. I am more worried than I was about the Heel situation because of the things that have come out. But I still hold Today's gonna be a big one to this idea that the Yankees are gonna be smart and they're gonna play this like the Cole Reagans might play this like crochet that you're not going to just throw Louise Heel into some offset situation, that they're going to manage him so he can continue to start. Now those starts maybe a little bit less helpful, no more two starts. Maybe there's a skip here there, and that's not great. But I don't think he goes by the wayside, except if he goes it gets blown up again today and maybe one more, then this team really might be like, yeah, we're gonna have to move him into another situation because this is all falling apart. So if you are worried, and rightfully so, you have some justification to be worried. Yeah, I think getting a guy like a Yelich is fine. Getting a guy like Brian Reynolds would be phenomenal. Those would be great. But I still hold that even Louis Heel and this like six man blah blah blah, can still be a top thirty pitcher. But you know, I'm talking one out one side, and God knows what the results are today are going to tell.
Speaker 2: The other side absolutely by the way, I'm going to go back to Cards because Cards seems like a good egg here, and Cards is you know, we're just having fun on the show. I'm going blind from cancer, but that's another story. I have trouble reading the messages sometimes, hence I guess the all caps. But you're reading your own messages, Cards. I hope you feel it okay. I can't believe you're choosing to spend your time with us. If this show brings you joy and yelling at me brings you joy, right now, I'm all for it. Go for it, buddy. I hope you're doing okay. And I hope your Cardinals. I assume you're a Cardinals fan that's Cards in the attic. Maybe not. I don't know. You're a baseball person. I hope your Cardinals bring you some joy this year too, So there eco see. Look, it has a feel good ending at the end of the day, right, feel good ending. I warned you. All right, let's get to some more baseball here, and it's Waiver Wire time, boys and girls. So let's get after it because it's time for week fourteen on the wire and I've got some players that I want to add. I've got two twinkies, several pitchers, but not the kind of twinkies with the cream filling. Which are you a Twinkie guy. I'm a hostess cupcake guy with the squiggle lines. That's always been my go to.
Speaker 3: I mean, definitely look like a Twinkie guy. You just look like a Yeah, you look like.
Speaker 2: That Twinkie cowboy, you know, the cowboy and the Twinkies. You know you could. It's a good constume for you. You can pull that off.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where we get the facial hair back and cover up some of the double chin or hey, their partner got the hair maybe? Uh yeah, No, I'm more of a hostess cupcake you know what. You know what are underrated? Blow all your minds Zingers, the Zingers singers, No, snowballs are trash with the coconut on it. Now, I'm not. I'm not for those cocon pies.
Speaker 2: But well, you know you're a little younger than me. The fruit pies from the eighties, I remember the like the nuclear inside of them anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the the the the what is it nuclear? I always said that sludge that would come out for the app should be a.
Speaker 2: Waiver wire thing. There. Let's do the wave wire and then we'll talk more about the weird earlier fillings of the fruit pie, Spencer, turnball He's the filling you need. See that transition in your fantasy rotation as a starter this year and six starts a one to six seven era as a reliever four point twenty six not as good, but Taiwan Walker goes to the IL, which means Spencer Turnbull is back and he's available in fifty five percent of leagues. He's just thirty one years old. Welsh, this was a guy that we talked about. I want to say, like week two, I think he was on my waiver wire video somewhere around there, and eventually he did get bounced as we thought he might. But you know what, he's gonna get another opportunity. Walker hasn't been good. It would not shock me if Spencer Turnbull, if he pitched well, might stick in that rotation. Do you think that's a hot take or do you think Spencer Turnbull is just a patchwork guy for a couple starts here.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's like, I don't think that's crazy at all. Like he was there, like they might have to, you know, go through and adjust this rotation and they might need him today. It's gonna be a big sign. You know, the Tigers middling team. They've got some decent offensive weapons. If he can go out there, I'm betting on them today as we're going to talk about it. And if he can have a good start, this could be a nice little run here. Great streaming option at this point, really great streamer right now, and that's what waivers can be all aout right.
Speaker 2: Next one here. Again, it's a stash available in eighty percent of leagues. Brooks Lee shorts up from the Minnesota Twins organization. He's in three forty six with four homers and an OPS over one thousand and twelve games for Saint Paul. So far, it's been unbelievable. Now the problem is where where does he come up and play wellsh That seems to be the tricky part. He did get a start at second base, so there's opportunity here. Edward Julian did not perform. Lee could be a guy thatf he hits for another couple of weeks, maybe we see him after the All Star break, but I want to add him now before that. I want to be ahead of the curve. There your thoughts on brooks Lee. You're the prospect guy. I know maybe it's not the clearest path, but I want to be ahead, and I want to get this guy on the cheap right now instead of blown on left fab when he gets the call up. And I know the rookies haven't been great since the call ups, but this is one of two twins on my list this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're doing a prospecting with the Welsh segment here. I would have probably put him on there because I'm in lockstep with you. There was legit conversation around brooks Lee in early spring training, and then we ended up finding out that he suffered forgetting what it was. But he suffered some injury in spring training that then held him out for like the first month of minor league, so all of that moved away. But this guy, this is a major league ready pro bat. There's not a lot of stolen base in the profile, but he fits that mold. Lower strikeouts than what Edward Julian had. This like really great ability to get on base. But I've said it a gajillion times. He would drive to two strikes, he'd be super passive until Sho's strikes level.
Speaker 2: True himself, I'm sorry it was not the same approach I saw him take in spring training two years ago. It was not the same approach I saw him in minor league at bats, he tried for too much power. That's why I think at the end of the.
Speaker 3: Day, well I always saw that one and he just never fixed it. And it's like, you want to see maturation from these guys, and he kind of kept that. Brooks Lee, though there's big power, the profile definitely could end up being at second base. I think that makes the most sense because you know Royce and Korea have that left side of the infield taken. I wouldn't be surprised if even they tried a little first base as they've been readjusting. But I agree with you here would have done it on tomorrow show. Brooks Lee is a guy to start the preemptive ad because that's not that's going to be a huge benefit to that offense. And he has been here.
Speaker 2: He certainly has Another Minnesota Twins been cooking David Festa that this is a guy that Welsh has talked about a lot. And now I'm ready, I'm my body's ready. I want to add him to my fantasy rosters. He is available in ninety percent of leagues. I picked him and Lee up last week by the way in anticipation because Paddick had been so bad. I didn't know Padack was going to go to the EL. He did go to the IL. He's got three A two E R eight ninety one strikeouts, just ten walks and sixty three innings.
Speaker 3: It's a did they make a move for Paddick yet? Did they make the adjusted move?
Speaker 2: Issually as when we started the show, I haven't checked anything. In the last hour or so before the show, I was doing some other things for or some other program.
Speaker 3: What they would usually do in this type of situation would be bring up a relief pitcher for three or four days, and then you would line up. I gotta be honest with you, I didn't do this before. I probably would have done this for tomorrow. I need to probably see where David Festa lines up because one of two things, Simeon Woods Richardson is going today. And I've said for a while, David Festa, before Paddack got hurt, I thought was I thought he was tied to Simeon Woods Richardson, because if Richardson starts to struggle again.
Speaker 2: Take one hour ago that you saying again, just about an hour ago before we started the show. Uh, Thursday, it looks like Thursday he's going to get that start.
Speaker 3: Oh Festa, they're saying, Festa's yeah, it makes one hundred percent. Since no matter how we perform tied to him, I think.
Speaker 2: I want to add him right now anyway. And if he performs poorly, give me some strikeouts and let's give the guy a break. Let's give him some time.
Speaker 3: It's actually gonna be here. And Arizona, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Are you start being outside? One more name to my oldest Chapman thirty percent rostered right now, Benner dealing with some side issues. We've seen what happens sometimes when that happens. So if you're looking for saves and deeper leaves, maybe Chapman could be that guy. So those are the names this week again, Festa, brooks Lee, Rolledis Chapman, and Spencer Turnbull. Those are guys that I'm looking at in the waiver wire for week fifth, fourteen. Excuse me, and you should be two Welsh Let's continue on here with the three up and three down jerks and Profi Grand slam Yesterdady Hunter Brown two hits, six innings but seven strikeouts. He couldn't get one more strikeout for me. So that was the one bet that I lost yesterday. But still it's okay. It's okay. Seth Lugo. Six scoreless innings for him, eight strikeouts. He's been terrific. Boy. Talk about a guy who went from the month of April not striking anybody out to striking out a ton of guys. Pete Crow Armstrong struck out all three times. Speaking of strikeouts, I don't think this guy's ever going to be a thing. Welsh, I just don't see it. I think he's got a fun name. He's a fun personality. He plays with his hair on fire. What was the name of the guy? Oh god, trying to remember his name. He played with the Yankees for a little while, but I don't think that's he was a big prospect guy. He had red hair. Oh god, I can't remember his power hitting guy.
Speaker 3: What year is it's gonna be nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of years ago. Stop being a jerk, No, this is I can't remember who drafted him. But he ended up with the Yankees and he had a little short run and people really liked him. He had for a ton of power, but like he he had light our power but never made any contact and he had red hair. He's like that guy. Some guys are just like fun, but they're never gonna be a thing. I can't remember if you can remember in the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Frazer or something else.
Speaker 2: His last name, I don't know. Clint, Yes, Clint Fraser.
Speaker 3: Oh, Clint Fraser. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was drafted by the Cubs. I think it was, or maybe he was with the Cubs. Yeah, Clint Fraser was. Yeah, I loved him. He's a funny.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I mean. Like Pete Crow, armstrong, engaging, you know, great defensive player. You know, some guys are just like fun, but just aren't going to be major league players. That's what I was getting at. Boy, that took a lot out of ye.
Speaker 3: Well, Pete Crow is a a plus defensive player. I always did a really high defense I did. I was defensive of his like contact skills.
Speaker 2: It took a lot out of me that whole segment.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, you're scaring me here. I thought you're gonna have to call it doctor. Yeah. But I always defended that he was gonna be able to hit for contact, did not happen. He is not gonna happen. Is He's the Heraldo Perdomo of the hot fields.
Speaker 2: Joe Ryan gave up four runs and six innings at Hunter Green, gave up six runs and seven hits. Speak and puked.
Speaker 3: Did you see him throw up on the mountain? Did you see that? It's the growth? Like, dude, we should have I really actually should have had this shit.
Speaker 2: I'm happy about that.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. I should have put this on the sheet. He's up against Brian Reynolds. He throws a pitch and then projectile vomits on the mound and the look on Brian reynolds face is like, oh my god. And all I could think back was like four years ago when you know, the world is crazy and there were no one in the stands, like they had carted him out and get him the hell out of here, and this dude just vomit. And you know what, I kept thinking, this is the only thing I could think of the picture the I think it was Mitch Keller. Mitch Keller had to come back to that mound, and you know, all the grounds crew was just all they were doing was just putting dirt on the puke, and there's just one hundred brown.
Speaker 2: Everywhere point in the show's history.
Speaker 3: You just threw up everywhere on the map.
Speaker 2: One other thing too. Well, I'm gonna give you a chance here to jump ship under Garrett Cole. Take and I'll go to tell you why, because Carlos, our good friend, Carlos Joey p gonna regret that bad GC call.
Speaker 3: He doesn't defend me. No, that doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Next game doesn't wait. So the last time this guy took a stand against one of us, we remember what happened, don't. I think we were pretty sure. This is the Brandon fought, this is the he got roadhouse, That's what happened. So now that Carlos is all in, you want to come with me? Last chance?
Speaker 3: No, it makes me a little bit nervous. But car carless is a very specific Welsh role, like we like, we're like, he only comes, he's already done it today.
Speaker 2: It's my fault. Everyboddy I ruined it. It wasn't no elbow.
Speaker 3: I think this is great. We should have sides like the people that defend someone in there thought like ooh, it was just salty because he drafted Garrett Cole I have Gart Cole in one league and it was a keeper league. I'm not salty about it, but I'm just telling you how that is. We can have sides. So when Garret Cole is awesome, people can come to me, and when people when Garret Cole is bad, they don't show up to the show because I don't I.
Speaker 2: Haven't see that's what you say. But I think just saying the day that if it should happen, and I don't wish it to happen, if Cole The Day of the World has the elbow issue or whatever it is, and comes out of the game, I think it will be a highest rated show of that month. I think people were gonna of course, it's gonna because.
Speaker 3: You're you're gonna come on in a black coat cloak, and you're gonna have.
Speaker 2: This dragon or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Bond for the wind, which is worse. I warned you, or I'll let you out of this.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it keeps good. I'm telling you. Maybe it's just because it comes from out of you, Joe. It keeps getting worse. It just keeps getting worse.
Speaker 2: All right, injuries, a ton some good, some bad, Boba shet tendail coming off of it activated. That's good, Nick Lodolough. Just when it was all going well, he's got a blister. So luckily this's not like a huge deal to blister. A couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll be okay. Red situation here, Carls and Cardassian Strand underwent that surgery, so he has done the hand surgery. Just I had Gray by the way working his way back. Another good rehabs run for him. I'd be adding Gray, would you be?
Speaker 3: I'm interested in great, the Nationals are playing a whole lot better. I would love some more offensive support. Yeah, he can get some strike ups. I think he's like right at streamable though I don't think he's a pick up and hold type of guy, but I think he's in this stream range and if he rattles off a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Also, Kyle Tucker progressed to taking swings. Lars Noubar also taking on the field batting practice. Jackson Holiday was reinstated from the seven day IL. He had missed ten games with an inflammation at his elbow, so hopefully he's okay. Zach Gallon with the hamstring through a bullpen well, he's done a long time. It feels like Verlander.
Speaker 3: He's coming Saturday. Back Saturday.
Speaker 2: Zach Galla, all right, you're gonna be at the game a lot this week, justin Verlander. Slower progress than anticipated with that next issue. Gavin Williams makes another rehab start today. Josh Young. This is a setback here for the Rangers guy here, twenty six year old third baseman. The tenant inflammation in his right wrist. Looks like he's going back for further testing. So this is no bueno, So bad news for those people waiting for Josh Young. Brian Wu goes to the IL with the hamstring. We said that was gonna happen yesterday. And Kodai Senga is aiming to kick off a minor league rehab assignment next week. Code I Senga Sengaha.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of game, we're doing a little Fantasy Pros meet up. Unfortunately I'll be the only on air person there, but I'm going to go see the Braves in a couple of weeks with some Fantasy Pros people.
Speaker 2: So jealous I don't get to go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are art director going to be there? Maybe? Are one of our producers.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then look at all of this, all the cool kids hanging out with me. I guess I'll just have to stay at home with my betting pros app and start logging my best bets with joy Pe and the Welsh. Make sure you place your bets at bet three sixty five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when use the promo code leading off. What are you waiting for? Use the code bet three sixty five. Do it now. You have to be eighteen or over in Kentucky gambling problem called one hundred gambler one hundred bets off. In Iowa, terms and conditions apply. Welsh. I'm hyper focused today. Everything's in Baltimore. Everything is there. All the stuff is in Baltimore, everything revolving around the Baltimore Oriols. Today Baltimore on the run line minus one and a half at plus one ten against the Cleveland Guardians and Cookie Carrasco Grayson Rodriguez on the mound. I think we can go ahead and get a nice w for the Baltimore Oriols, which by the way, have covered more run lines than any other team this year. Fun fact. Fun fact for the Baltimore Orioles. When they win, they win big Gunner Henderson over one and a half total bases minus one eighteen and Gunner Henderson over point five RBI plus one thirty five. What Gunner Henderson, all the Gunner Henderson, all the Baltimore Orioles. That's where I'm going today for my best bets of the day. Welsh, where are you going?
Speaker 3: I like that. I'm actually I'm having a betty day, so I will tell you the Betting Pros app is a place to be if you care. I mean, it might be a really bad day tomorrow, or it could be amazing and I'll be super happy. You can check it out betting pros dot com slash Welsh to see what else but the bets that made this show. Rinaldo Lopez strikeouts five and a half over. It is just a constant where Lopez. Though we're getting to the five and a half, it had always been sitting at four and a half. He's rattled off six plus over his last couple starts. I like the matchup Cardinals strikeout rate has been more than average. So Ronaldo Lopez five and a half over minus won ten one of the better numbers this week, So I'm taking that one Yankees full game money line, Luise Heel. I am backing Louise Heel full on here. We're gonna have a bounce back. They're not gonna, you know, roll over in the bellies and get pet by the Mets and oh which a good boy match, so good other New York team. No, the Yankees are gonna come out swinging against Manaya. Louis Heel is gonna rock and I'm gonna take the full game money line Yankees minus one twenty five. Then I'm playing a first five money line parlay Phillies, which is gonna be happening here soon first five and the Texas Rangers with Valdi first five. Both of those are the first five money lines that gets to plus one sixty. If you miss out, there's some other decent options out there you might be able to jump on, maybe the Kansas City Royals if you want to do that if you miss Philly. But those are my shows for the are my bets for the show. And then on the app you can check out all.
Speaker 2: Day you have everybody. Those are Wednesday's best bets of the day. Download the Betting pros app. Start getting smarter, not harder. All right, wel she it's time to look at the big board, and you got a home run, but you're not quite on the board yet. My friend and I don't see Wonky on there anymore. I never so I don't know what happened there. But I'm still alive at twenty one, but I am again. It's a cliffhanger, Welsh. Go to fansbrose dot COM's last chat to join the home run contest and to join us for the last cleaning up of the season where you can talk to us live. So this is your last chance you want to talk to us, last one you come to discord today fansbros dot com slash cleaning Up. That's how you get directly to it. Welsh. Obviously, I'm all in on Gunnar Henderson today. So Gunner Henderson is my home run call today. I'm gonna piggyback and I'm going back to back with Gunner. Where are you going today?
Speaker 3: I am gonna go with Marcus Simeon. I am going to attack Dallas Kaikeel. He is not a good pitcher and I'm gonna go with Marcus Simeon on that front. I will tell you I'm not gonna do it because it's happening soon. But I did want Alec Bohm. Alec Bohm was sitting in my brain and so that's something I can cry about later, as everyone will remind me. When Alec Bahlm hits a homer and Marcus Simmons goes oh for four, that's my home run hoping to get on. I think I'm at fifteen. I'm five away from the stupid board. So Joe Leaving has a commanding lead over Welsh making the home run board so far.
Speaker 2: I want them to be the same. Joe, your clock is about Yeah, I want you to be on the board the day that I'm not here to see it. That's what I want.
Speaker 3: We got the schedule official too, and it's gonna it's yeah, it's a little over a month.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna be But we're also giving some other folks a chance here to work a little bit. Some of the folks that you know when you love in the fantasy baseball community, they're gonna be here with you. So we're gonna keep having fun here. And I greatly appreciate all the peanuts and cracker jack, so we have fun here. It's okay to talk about baseball, to be serious sometimes about baseball, and to not be serious sometimes it's okay. And if you like it, and if you don't, that's okay too. But remember, if you like it, and if you're listening to this still, I know you do, go drop your reviews Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review and you're gonna be entered to win this amazing throwback Orlando Cabrera expos Jersey. I am jealous, whoever I gets that, Jurny, I really am.
Speaker 3: You should do it.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't win. I'm not allowed. But well, well I.
Speaker 3: Want everybody to come out right now, come over to Fantasypros dot com slash cleaning up for the last show, and come and talk to us for the last on the disc.
Speaker 2: We get lonely. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB