Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it is Friday. Welcome to another edition of the Stardom CIDAM Show for Week three. I am Marcus Grand joined by Michael F. Floria, who writes the Stardom Cidem column and check that out at NFL dot com slash stardom cit. We also have Lakwan Jones, who does not write the Stardom Cidem column, but he's got opinions, and so we bring him in here to talk about his opinions with these sorts of things. But we talk about the guys that you want to have in your lineup and maybe the guys you want to try to avoid. We're at all possible here in week three. Look, man, everybody's hurt, so your choices may vary. You may be forced to start some of these guys. I get it. But we're gonna try and give you advice as best as we can. So, Florida, let's start at the quarterbacks. Who is up and who is down?
Speaker 2: In week three, we are playing Joe Burrow because he is playing the Washington Commanders. That's the only reason you need, sorry Lakwan here, same reason for Brock Purdy because the Rams defense is just atrocious right now. Baker Mayfield is the QB one and gets a good matchup against the Broncos. Derek Carr is the QB two and has what it could be a shootout against the Eagles, and then I'm still giving Jared Goff another chance to what I think could be a high scoring game there Sis America's team is gonna come for me, but I think you sit Dak Prescott this week against the Ravens. I want no part of Justin Herbert, especially unless I'm in like a two quarterback league or something like that. Matthew Stafford, I just don't want to start without Cup and Pooka there, especially against the Niners. Trevor Lawrence has been pretty bad so far this year, and the Bills secondary has been a lot better than expected.
Speaker 1: So I was really gonna talk about rock party here, but I don't. I don't want to do that to a quand, so I'm instead I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you about your i'ma ask you about your old Rams quarterback Jared Goff, who has been pretty un good in fantasy the first two weeks of the season. I mean, right now, he is the QB twenty six, one touchdown pass three inter seven. Is he turning back into a pumpkin? And can he reverse that against the Cardinals this week?
Speaker 2: He can reverse it?
Speaker 3: I think, you know, this Cardinals defense is good. I just think that Jared Goff is coming into more in his chemistry with Jamison Williams lighting up the perimeter and then a mon ros Saint Brown is getting back into the form that we know who he is. So he's coming off of momentum here with some production on that offense. And I definitely feel as though, you know, Jared Goff, he needs some time to rev up as a Rams fan, like I've kind of seen this go through, what his decision making and all that stuff is fairly early in the season. But it's more so Jared Goff going up with this should be a high scoring matchup. So I like him this week and Florio starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just think there's it's hard to get away from any of the main players in that Cardinals Lions game because there's gonna be a lot of points. I'm gonna throw the ball a whole lot to miss out. Yeah, we'll see how that goes, though, Florida, I'm gonna ask you to dig a hole deeper with a crowd of people who wear Tony Romo jerseys and jorts. Why exactly we not like Dak Prescott against the Ravens a.
Speaker 2: Number of different reasons. He has yet to score thirteen fantasy points in the game this season, which is not good. He's not running the ball. The Ravens defense has been really good against the pass as well. They generate pressure at a high rate. They've allowed just two passing touchdowns this year, the same number of interceptions they have. They held the Mahomes to just fifteen fantasy points in Week one, and in their last fourteen games that is nearly a full season of a sample size. One quarterback has reached eighteen against them. So my thinking is, okay, Well, if Prescott hasn't been scoring a lot of points right now and it's a tough matchup, that lowers the floor, and if only one quarterback has got to eighteen against this team, if we're saying the ceiling is around eighteen, I just don't think the risk is worth the reward there.
Speaker 1: I just do wonder how much of this, though, is like there's only one real target in the offense yea to just Seed Lamb and they're trying to figure out where else to go with the football. That can't really be helpful for a guy like dak over a run. Who do you like? Who do you not like? In Week three?
Speaker 2: I like Jordan Mason because again we're playing forty nine ers against rams. Lawan will like this one a lot more. Brian Robinson Junior, who has beginning all of the volume, even though I will continue to say Austin Eckler has played well enough where he deserves more. If it's going to Robinson, that's who it's going to. The Bengals have struggled against the run. Zach Charboney played ninety six percent of the snaps last week. I don't care who they are playing. If he's getting that much volume, he is in play. And then Xamir White, this is your last chance, buddy. You get the Panthers. You gotta make the most of it. My six Najie Harris against the Chargers because he's just such a floor play and the Chargers have been really good against the run. DeAndre Swift although on Thursday, Marcus, you've been trying to You've kind of been talking me into I have a league where my running backs are atrocious and I am playing Deondre Slift, Javonte Williams against the Bucks, Devin Singletary against the Browns. This just I'm fearful that this will be one of those games where the Giants offense just gets completely ran through by an opposing a strong opposing defense. So the only one and willing to take the shot on his Milik Neighbors and then Jerome Ford. Because we saw last week when the Browns have a lead, it was Deonta Foreman they fed. This feels like a game where the Browns could have a lead. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a few names out here that I think you're interesting. But Laqwan, I know you have been a huge Brian Robinson proponent all year long. So I'm gonna let you take a pre victory lap. I want you leant you to get fired up about Brian. Please tell us why Brian Robinson is that dude?
Speaker 3: Have we not seen this dude run? There's times where he gets stuffed into pile and we think he's done and then he just bounces out and he's running for like thirty yards. Like Brian Robinson Junior is an electric talent, a dynamic running back he needs an angry run scepter. By the way, like he runs so strong. He's a strong nose runner. So if he's gonna be getting this type of volume, this type of usage and getting looks in the passing game, man, Brian Robinson Junior is in stored for a huge fantasy season this year.
Speaker 1: Look, I admit I was on the It's sometime, I was on the Austin Eckler train. I was on the train of whoever had the better ADP at the time, which for a while turned out to be Eckler. He's been getting a little bit of run, but this really is the Brian Robinson show for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking any lapse on Brian Robinson very early, but I.
Speaker 1: Though you can.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's getting all.
Speaker 1: The work through two weeks. Man, through two weeks, you were looking very very right. So we'll give you that for sure. I'm gonna look, I get it. I get while you're saying DeAndre Swift as they sit, because the Bears offense has looked very lost. The offensive line has been an issue for the first couple of weeks of the season. But what if it wasn't or better yet, what if they were playing a run defense that was just so bad that it didn't make a difference. The Colts through two weeks have allowed four hundred and seventy four rushing yards. No other team has allowed more than three ninety nine. I mean, okay, that's seventy five yards difference, but whatever, Nobody else is over four hundred. The Colts giving up two hundred and thirty seven yards per game on the ground. Fortunately, somehow they've only given up one touchdown, which is sort of amazing when you give up that many rushing yards. And I just I think right now the Bears have to retool some things. They've got to figure out ways to help their young quarterback out, and maybe some of that is to establish the run. And so look, maybe it's not all DeAndre Swift. Maybe we see some more Rashawn Johnson, who has really struggled to get on the field. They've been going with Travis Homer. I don't really understand that, especially because Homer has struggled in pass protection. But I just think they they've got to run the football. And I do like DeAndre Swift as a sleeper this week because he's the guy who's in the lead in the running back position there in Chicago. Over to wide receivers, you start some sits for this week.
Speaker 2: I'm starting Chris Godwin because if it ain't broke, don't fix it. He's the wide receiver one on the year right now. I am starting Jamison Williams and I will victory lap this because a lot of people wrote Jamison Williams off. I was not one of them. Many, No, not just I mean the world wrote him off pretty.
Speaker 3: Much Fantasy streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the Cardinals, I mean we've seen that that is a defense that could be picked on a bit. Brandon Ayuk because rams I think this is the week that Ayuk looks like Ayuk again, DK Metcalf and JSN. They did something last week that DK and Lockett have never done. First Seattle Seahawks teammates ever to have ten catches each and over one hundred yards each. They're just that kind of volume cannot be ignored. And George Pickens, this is the week. Last week should have been the week he had thirteen Fantasy points called back due to penalties. That's not happening again. And then my sits These first two are if you can get away like Amari Cooper against the Giants. I have some teams that are banged up where I just simply cannot get away from him. If you're in that position, I get it. My fear, though, is that this is a game where the Browns just run all over the Giants. Michael Pittman Junior against the Bears, because the connection right now between him and Anthony Richardson looks like it is broken. Terry McLaurin. We spoke a lot about him on Wednesday show that he is tethered to the left side, that they are not getting creative with him. They're not using him downfield at all. And because of that, until I see him use different, I think it is okay to sit him. Christian Kirk has twenty nine yards through two games. It is unused even in what should be a advantage for them with Toron Johnson out. I just don't see how you could trust Kirk and the Jack's passing attack right now and then Jayden Reid. I will change my tune if it's Jordan Love, but I still think it's gonna be Milik Willis.
Speaker 1: You makes me so sad. I'm sorry, it is so sad.
Speaker 3: Literally, like half my team, I'm looking.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, man, these are all the guys that I was like, yeah, I love this guy in like the fifth round, sixth and wear.
Speaker 3: Are values though, like I'm okay with the price we paid for these.
Speaker 2: Guys usually start sit wad. Receivers are hard for me because I'm like, I could convince myself that most receivers could play well. But this past week I had to cut the names down because there's so many guys on.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's bad, It is bad, bad out there. Jameson Williams is no. I mean, like Luquan obviously we've seen two weeks of him, Like he's not going This is the guy that the Lions thought they were drafting. It took a couple years for it to happen, but like, he's not going away at this point.
Speaker 3: No, And you look at his target share, it's in the elites. He's up there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He has a higher target share than San Laporta and Jamiir Gibbs, which is a little surprising based on how those two last year were Golfs go to. But it looks like it's the Jameson Williams and the Monrod Saint Brown show, not in that order, but you know what I mean. But it's more so of like it's working, it's happening. He's he's lighting it up. He's being in that deep threat and he's showing that he could be a all around wide receiver and being able to take the short passes and intermediate passes and possibly turn up field and make the bigger plays. So it's like it's real, it's here, it's not going anywhere, and you know, shout out to Jameson Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just the jokes on you if you drafted Sam Report because apparently he's the guy who's gonna miss out and this guy. Yeah, I didn't draft a lot of just because I didn't like the price. I was like, I'm gonna wait, I'm gonna wait, and I'm gonna give Mark Andrews.
Speaker 3: So there nice, it's week three and we got Johnny Smith in starting lineups.
Speaker 1: That's where we are right now. Michael Pittman flora for me. This this isn't a Michael Pittman thing. This isn't Anthony Richardson. It's that like passing wise, he's just not accurate. Most everything is really short near the line of scrimmage or it's like bombs away to Alec Pierce. The intermediate part of the field is lava and that's where Michael Pittman runs a lot of his routes. Like, I it's not your fault, Michael Pittman, but it's also making it hard for me to start.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, everything Mark is just said, like that is exactly the concern with Michael Pittman Junior right now, is like it's all running short to the line of scrimmage or bombs away, and when they are airing it out, it's not going to Pittman. There's Pierce has four targets downfield, Donnie Mitchell has four targets downfield, Pittman has won, And like, if that's gonna be the usage this show. I said it on Tuesday Show. It was like a hot take then and I know it still is now. But the more I think about it, the more I'm like, yeah, Alec Pierce might lead this team in receiving yards. I know it sounds crazy in week three, but if this is how that Colts offense is going to look then, And I know we're talking a lot about two high safeties in the NFL. If there's one team you don't want to do that against It might be the Colts because of how good they can run the ball.
Speaker 1: They can run the ball so well with Jonathan Taylor and Anthony Richardson, so maybe that sort of breaks that down. I just you know, I know we had concerns about Richardson as a passer, and we're starting to see them sort of come to life in the form of Michael Pittman being underwhelming for the first couple of weeks of the season. Crossing my fingers that we can break out of this, but it is not encouraging so far. Now I want to talk about Terry mclaurinks that gives me the super sads, like.
Speaker 3: I think we covered that in the previous shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it? Like the thirty eight percent of the targets are at or behind the line of stormage like.
Speaker 3: Wear yards perb reception, like we're in.
Speaker 2: We're bad.
Speaker 3: It's bad people.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh no, man, Cliff Kingsbury might need to go back to the White Lotus in the Thailand or wherever he was, get his mind right, get this offense going again, because it's it's on good so far away from our podcast exactly, all right, So we've got tight ends. Who are your starts and sists for this week?
Speaker 2: Brock Bowers, it's week three. I don't care. He is a must art tight end and there's maybe a handful of tight ends I'd rather have over him the rest of the way. Kyle Pitts, this is the week. If it's not this week, I'm going to be very scared because the Chiefs have just been eaten alive by tight ends. Look at what Isaiah Likely did. Mike Seki put up ninety yards against them. I mean, come on, Atlanta, Kyle Pitts, Dalton Kinkaid, I think this is the week for him. I think last week they wanted to get him involved and they just didn't have to throw a bunch Isaiah Likely, because my thinking is a bad Week two does not completely erase what we saw in Week one, and I think we're still trying to figure out which game was a Week one was matchup driven with his usage or week two. So I'm willing to give him another shot considering the tight end position and then the sis. I know these are not big names, but tight end is a race right now. So dal Schultz, Kobe Parkinson, John new Smith, Pat Frymu Taysom Hill. If I wanted to take a shot in any of them, it would be John new Smith. But like I feel like you could find better options.
Speaker 1: So Kyle Pits right, we are all on Kyle Pitts. I know that, Lakwan. There are things that are concerning. Fewer targets than Ray, Ray McCloud and Darnell Mooney Florida pointed out earlier this week, just one target of more than ten yards downfield, but quin he leads the team in zone targets. Even if one of them was like sailed like fifty feet over his head like.
Speaker 2: His touchdown he was doing jumping jacks, he was still open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and the Chiefs matchup like there are redeeming signs, right like at some point it's gotta happen.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, But I think with this layup, like it looks like a layup, but I'm not too sure the situations that are same, And it comes down to the quarterback like Kyle Pitts should be utilized at a high rate. He should be targeted on every single route that he's on going up against his Chiefs defense. They're allowing the most yards, most Fantasy Points, Florio covered that aspect. This is the weakness, but are they going to be able to get it done when you have somebody on that defensive line in the trenches named Chris Jones, that's gonna be getting after Kirk Cousins. That's not as mobile. He's gonna stay in that pocket. He's not gonna really go out of that pocket to try to get away from the pass rush show. I think that's my biggest concern with this game. Like the Chiefs defense are still deep in the trenches. So and people have been saying I've been like, I looked like Chris Jones, and I'm starting to kind of see it, Like it's kind of crazy that people are hitting me in the comments about that. But he's a really really good player, and I've been watching a lot of him these last year.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say he's a really really good looking man too.
Speaker 3: That too, I can add a little sprinkle on top of that. But I'm really starting to see it now, like I.
Speaker 2: Don't see it.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's it's the go see, it's the go see. Yeah, yeah, I guess that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Jones and put it side by side by me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm looking at your sit tight ends. I've got John new Smith and Pat Fryer Muth in my Sleepers column this week, which you can find at NFL dot com slash Sleepers. But I will also admit that I'm not like, I'm not pounding the table for either one of those guys. Really, wait a minute, actually I might have pounded the table for John new Smith. No I did not. I pounded the table for Kyle Pitts on Finasy. I was like, let me make sure I didn't. I think you can like squint and tell yourself a story where either one of those guys has a game. But if it turns out that neither one of them has a good game this week, I won't be surprised about that. Because tight end, man.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. There's like eight tight ends that you're like, Okay, if you have them, you reluctantly have to play them outside unless you have like one of the three good ones, and then after that it dries out so fast. So sleeper kind of all the same neighborhood.
Speaker 3: In the tight end department in the fantasy streets, Like it's hard out here.
Speaker 2: So I guess I just I just pulled up the rankings on NFL dot com. Mikeah Sicki and Zach Ertz are top thirteen tight ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I mean like if you get if you get nine points out of a tight end, you gotta feel pretty good about that. Yes, oh yeah, that's where we are right now. That's where we are.
Speaker 2: Remember also summer though, Like this is the deepest tight end.
Speaker 1: You don't have to spend up to get a tight end. You're fine. Even if you spent up to get a tight end, you're probably disappointed you.
Speaker 2: Don't have brock Bowers. You're probably disappointed, you.
Speaker 1: Know, brock Bowers, Trey McBride. That's that's kind of it.
Speaker 2: One week of Isaiah likely because.
Speaker 1: You know, otherwise you're riding it out with Mike Gasicki and hoping that that he gets for you. Blurg. Why are you any of the shows on depressing though? You gotta be better about this.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, maybe I'll write about Sam Laporter or Travis Kelsey as it sits, And then I was like, no one has an option that you could play over them.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody's nobody's buying that, nobody. They're just not sadness, man pain. Let's just have a moment of silence for tight ends. No serious right. That'll do it though, for this edition to startup center show, we appreciate you hanging out with us. I'll be sure to go check out the full column at NFL dot com slash start sit. That'll do it for us this week. We're back with you on Monday for another edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Show. In the meantime, for the Kwan Jones, for Michael F. Florio, I am Marcus Grant, enjoy the weekend, Enjoy Week three. May it be a prosperous and healthy one for you in fantasy football, and we will talk to you all next week. Bob help help Bo