Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Hey, rain drops on today's episode of Reality with the King. I'm here from my God. We haven't seen each other in a long time. I know here and that is too long, but give it up for the amazing Ryan Bailey's one up.
Speaker 2: Brain drops Carlos really quick. I just want to say one thing about podcasting. The homes, the cars, the money, I've had, all of it. There was nothing in podcasting that anybody could do that would impress and if you look at it, I came in my first year as a podcast host and I really set the standard for a lot of these raggedy ass podcasts.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ry, okay, so ray job.
Speaker 4: In case you have been living under rock, my exclusive interview one on one with Kelly Potter from the Real Housewide of Atlanta drop recently and it has like broke the internet.
Speaker 1: I had no idea what well Ryan Belly did. He re enacted a SoundBite from Kelly setting the standard. But this genius knew how to incorporate podcasting in the dialogue.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, by the way, if you have not, and I know a lot of people listen to this, but go watch it because you'll watch Carlos's It's in Carlos's silence. Is the brilliance of it because he goes, oh, and then he just lets Kelly speak, which is so amazing. And Kelly, you know, is like a great guest because she speaks a lot. And then you, I mean, it says so much work because I think I would have just probably railroaded over her and you just let her go. And it was so brilliant. And I've been watching that clip, I think at least twenty times in the last day. I was so in love with that clip.
Speaker 1: Oh God, Ryan, what is so fascinating. First of all, thank you, is the fact that I was talking to my friends yesterday I'm like watching, Oh, by the way, you and I have something in common. What we have a love to hate with Kate Fear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, by the way, the season finale is tomorrow and I'm so excited. It is such an insanely horrible show that I can't stop watching. It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: No, Ryan, I thought to myself, why am I watching this? I think it's so dumb, But it's it's whatever. The point is, I was watching Apple TV. I'm watching the new so Lucky is it worth it? So I love well listen with the grain of salt because we both love to hate watching k Fair So Lucky is good. The thing is this disclaimer I can't stop watching it. Disclaimer is this is beyond unrealistic. It's like every episode ron you're gonna say that's not realistic, like the Cat and Mouse game, So is a cat a mouse? I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Apple TV has like some of the best shows with the best talent, and then they do not advertise it at all. So it's like weird, Like you kind of think they must be like smuggling money through their TV shows in some way because you don't ever understand, Like you're like you go to Apple TV homepage and you're like, I haven't heard about a dozen of these shows and they have the best actors in it. So it is really weird the shows that like actually break through on Apple TV. But yeah, Cape Fear is something. It's like the best actors in a completely you want to talk about unrealistic watch Cape Fear.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, it's very campy and and but but I'll say this before we get to the next jan My favorite show of the year on Apple TV. I'm gonna butcher the name, but a start with maximum.
Speaker 2: Oh a maximum pleasure guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Have you watched it?
Speaker 2: No, it's on my I have a list a mile long of shows to watch and that's like next on my list because I'm trying to get through the boys right now on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna love it because the lead actress is Oh, listen to me, she's a complete unknown.
Speaker 2: She's a great She's like she did this what was this series? Overseas? Uh, I'm forgetting it, but she's and she also played she Hulk on Marvel TV. On Marvels. Yeah, Tatiana Marcela or something like that or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. But the reason why I love it too is well, I do love this show, but I like the fact that I can escape through her eyes, that she's the lead actress and she's great. So I highly recommend that that one is not a hate watch. That's that one was a sleeper hit. But Ryan's right, Apple TV doesn't promote anything. I was perusic through Apple TV one night and I'm like, I guess I'll watch this and I'll get sucked into it. So yeah, guys, hate watch kte Fear, but I recommend lucky with Is it Anna Taylor Joy?
Speaker 2: Is that Anya Taylor Joy? Is that? Yeah? She's she's awesome.
Speaker 1: She's so good. She's good. Okay, speaking of awesome, we have to get into next gen. And the best thing about this recap is the fact that we have the reunion seating charge to talk about. So rain Drops, listen up. If you happen to be watching this, you're going to see it yourself. Okay. So Ryan, Yeah, they are recording the reunion today and check this out. This is the seating chart.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised Andy is so close. That's interesting. He got It's amazing, Okay.
Speaker 1: On Arianna's side, Arianna's first chair, followed by Emira Okay, Liam, Giya, Riley, and Brooks. Okay, on the other side, first chair is Charlie, followed by Ava Dash. What's this guy's shy shy Georgia.
Speaker 2: I always I always call her Landing, but her it's Brookshields a Rowan Rowan.
Speaker 1: Roman, thank you. And then Hudson.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, well, I mean Brooks Brooks being final chair on that other side across from Hudson. But I mean, I don't disagree with it. I just think, man, like you know, Riley even beat you on that side of the table. But I mean for all intents and purposes, I mean, Hudson and arian nur are supposedly together again now, but then in the midseason trailer that we see at the end, she hooked up with Charlie, which is like, it blows my mind, she hooked up with Charlie.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's insane, It's insane. So listen, Arianna having first chair makes sense to me. So Ryan, you know my my my background. I did Atlanta Housewives Season one. I met Arianna, the daughter of Kim Berraman. She at that time Kim Zosiak. She had to be maybe nine, so to see her bloss some into this beautiful young woman. To me, and I've said his own record, Ryan, Arianna to me is my absolute favorite on this show.
Speaker 2: I have to say, you know, setting aside their parents. I mean, she is so well put together. She has impressed me. I don't think I fully knew her, and she is turning out to be one of my breakouts, you know, in this show. I think the only thing that strike against her is that she hooks up with Charlie in the second half of the season. I'm like, my god, how many times are we gonna watch these shows and go stay away from guys like this? Charlie is complete. Like I understand the camera loves Charlie. I love Charlie in a sense as I kind of that bad boy that obviously doesn't shower. But like Arianna, you're smart. What are you doing? You know Liam's after you as well. You're still figuring out things with Hudson. But Charlie, it just goes to show, dude, women sometimes make the worst choices imaginable. But I can't wait to see it on the show.
Speaker 1: Hey wait, I do. Though I felt like Georgia should have been at least second chair. I'm shocked she's so I mean, she's in the middle but Georgia to me, was the villain of a season, and she kept moving story forward. I mean Riley stopped filming after that incident. We haven't seen her in the past two episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in No. In this episode, she has a brief moment where she says she's been in Atlanta and things are cheaper in Atlanta, and that was like pretty much all we saw from Riley. But I agree with you, Georgia, I think should be higher up there. George is. Another breakout for me is that you know, you wouldn't think it, but your eyes are kind of drawn to her and just the amount of insanity that comes out of her mouth at a very slow pace, but you're kind of drawn into everything that she says. Like I still crack up about her going like I want to do a club named club Club, and I'm like, that's so dumb, But at the same time, I can't stop saying club club. I love her. I think she's perfect for reality television.
Speaker 1: I think she is too. I think she is too. But no, I'm looking forward to this reunion. We have to get into the most recent episode. Listen, I have said this too. I wasn't going to watch this show right. I did not watch season one because I felt like, it's not about demographic. I don't know if I'll be into it. It's gonna be too cheesy. This show is actually really good, and I'm so happy that I get to recap it with you because you've been watching this in season one season one.
Speaker 2: But I also you know, and I'm glad you really like it. But I would argue for anybody that's like tentative about this show is that there is something comforting in the fact that they are so young, so you can watch it. You know. They put it on directly after The Valley, and The Valley's like where you like wash up and you die and you're like, oh my god, life didn't go the way we thought it would. But on Next Gen you're like, Okay, they're young, they're making stupid mistakes. I remember being that young, and so it's kind of there's there's a levity to that even though they're taking their given circumstances very seriously, we're all kind of laughing at them in a way, but at the same time, you're like, these are very real struggles for them. So I think it is the perfect amount of like it doesn't You're not arguing overall about huge issues like is Danny an alcoholic? Is Danny essay? You know, there's a lot of big questions when you watch the show in the Valley. In fact, Next Gen should come before The Valley on Wednesday nights, you know, and like afterwards, it's like a palate cleanser after intensity. But yeah, I think for me is to show you that, Yeah, I mean, you didn't think you would get into but I think anybody that watches it, there's a certain charm that really creeps up on you with this show.
Speaker 1: It really it has For me, I can't get enough of it. We have to pick up where things left off in the last episode. So one of the most controversial things that has happened on this show is the fact that Charlie allegedly referred to Amra, who is a transgender woman her boyfriend Kevin as a gay male. Georgia told Amera this, she of course freaks out, gets pissed, takes off her mic a whole nine yards. What I do want to explain to the audience, because I know that I've read some comments that people were they wanted to know the gravity of this situation why it hit so hard in terms of why was Emera so upset that Charlie referred to her boyfriend as gay. So, what I want to say for those who don't know, and the beauty of these conversations to me, Ryan is the fact that we get to be informative because a lot of people who are a part of the community, the lgbt QY plus community, they don't know and even those within it doesn't doesn't know as much because a lot of new information has been presented. So the reason why Amara was upset and the reason why it's so controversial and they're saying it is transphobic, is because Amara is a transgender woman, so she identifies as a woman. So Kevin dating her and you're saying Kevin likes gay men. What you're what you're implying is that Ameer is a man and she has to be a gay man. That's the implication. So I wanted to explain to everybody that's why a mirror freaked out, got upset rightfully so, and that's why Charlie is in the hot seat. What we learned in this episode was Georgia talking about doing it, and look, she felt that it's the truth, but I could have maybe done in a different setting. What did you think about that? Like, I don't know if I agree in terms of if the setting was wrong and this could be me being a producer, you felt that way in the moment, it was an opportunity to address it. She did it, and I don't feel like she should be scolded for where she said it. We should be focusing on more and I feel like the ball was dropping this episode. We'll get to that later. We're not they're not, excuse me, focus on the fact that Charlie said something, Yeah, that was wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, this is why Charlie's brilliant. Though he very definitely meets with Amira in the latter half of the episode and he does what he does like a very trumpyan thing. He's like, come on, we both know, like when you start off, like, we both know you're saying, we're both You're smart enough and I'm smart enough to know that the reason she brought this up is because of her intense hatred of me, and so he definitely moves past any sort of personal responsibility because at the end of the day, he knows he said it. We know he said it, and he's like I could have said something like that, but let's focus on how bad Georgia is. And Emira is wanting to believe this man that she has been friends with for a very long time. But I thought it was such a quick move. And then he also like hit it secondly, like you want to see that this person feels something, and he goes, when I saw how sad your face was, it is stayed with me. It is stayed with me. And she ate that up and I'm like, this man is just a scrawnier version of jaxx Taylor on the East Coast. Like this is like we're building a better boat in a way. Like I think Charlie is so manipulative in this. I don't care. But if you watch the first season, there is a scene where Georgia, I think it's Georgia has his his not his boombox, but his his speaker system and it's like a small speaker and he's like, give me back my speaker and he like is really pissed off about it, and you just see him sadly skateboarding around trying to get his speaker back, and I'm like, that's Charlie, you know. It's like he can't deal with his emotions or the fact that his parents don't want to hang out with him, so he focuses on like things like money or a speaker. And you just kind of saw this struggle of this kind of sad younger man trying to find his place in the world. But I think you listen, this is a power. This is like the battle of wills, and he has the stronger will than Georgia. And it's funny because this man continually does bad things, but he's able to win in most one on one conversations.
Speaker 1: This reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. It was it was pure gaslighting to me watching this and even before they met the fact that when Amara was talking to Brooks and Ava and she read the text that Georgia sent, which she apologized right like I could have done this differently, she's she's upset about that, which, again, your feelings are your feelings. I even then, Ryan was so surprised that the ants seemed to be more relegated to Georgia and not to Charlie, who said, like, even in that moment, yeah, and listen, whether or not you guys have been close for seven eight years, which to me that's shocking based on who Charlie appears to be on the show. I do feel like Georgia is getting a bad rep with this cast, because even Riley was trying to like throw a drink at her and it was really being mean towards her. They're all like, Georgia, just shut up, just stop. Roley hoped like the way they handle both They handled Raleigh with kid gloves, and they handled Georgia like, stop being the attagonist, stop attagonizing her. So even in this situation when she's talking to Aban Brooks, I just I don't know. I feel bad for Georgia.
Speaker 2: Well, they already branded her the weird one in season one, and when you're branded the weird one, it's easy to like continually think of her as the weird one. And then Charlie's almost like this rebel without a cause where he's like the bad boy, you know, and it's like you almost like they're they're rooting for him, but they will not give Georgia any time of day. Georgia's most effective scenes are with people that aren't even in the cast, Like last episode, was it that she had a conversation with her cousin, or maybe it was two episodes ago. You know, those are actually I think when she shines, or with her boy boyfriend, who on the after show she talks about, or maybe it was Gia's podcast last week she talked to they just broke up her and her boyfriend, George and her boyfriend. But yeah, I don't think they give her the time of the day. But you know what's great is that I think the fans are really enjoying Georgia. And I always say, you can lose the scene, but win the audience, and so she's losing most of the scenes with the cast members, but I think she's gaining an audience popularity, and usually in a season three the other cast members will pay attention to that and might give her a little bit more respect.
Speaker 1: I think so too, because I felt like the reason why they were handling Riley with kid gloves was because of what happened to her last season, because I saw I saw those clips with the micro aggressions, and I felt like they were trying to say, Okay, we got our ass handed to us last year on social media, we don't want any problem with Riley. You have a huge fan base tex of her mom and we're scared. So I think you're right. They were so surprised that as we're watching this show even listen even I was shocked Ryan, how Georgia have more supporters than Riley And people were like, Riley, you have a problem and you need to fix it. It is shocked me because it was a different sort of tone than what was happening to her last season.
Speaker 2: So yeah, me and I mean, I think this is why I always get fascinated to listen to you, because you do have the production background. I think the further I get into recapping and talking about these shows, I always want to know how it really is pieced together, Like how much of this is done in the edit? How encouraged are you by production? Like when that moment moment happened with Riley, you know, did they did they pull everybody apart? What was the conversations had the next day with Riley? Those are the things that I get more fascinated with because you see how these are kind of pastiches together. If you know, you just even a casual Bravo viewer over the years, you're like, Okay, I get you know, this is what you do, the inciting incident happens here, and then the aftermuth the aftermath the next episode. But yeah, kind of just disappeared and they've never fully explained it. And so you know, she's had just like even this episode, like a little moment where she's walking in like Washington Washington Square Park. But I would love to have a deeper conversation with Riley on this show.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, I agree, And hopefully at the reunion will get more of that. In this scene too, with Amara and Bruggs, Aver reveals that she have broken over her boyfriend, but she's very careful not to mention why. She alluded to some shady things happening, maybe possible cheating, but she never really disclosed this what really is happening. And she talks about moving out, getting an apartment and how she can't afford is at least the first and last month's rent, which to me was so interesting because we know her dad is.
Speaker 2: Listen, where's Damon Dash In the reunion seating chart, I mean, I told Carlos, I said, I want to hear your interview with Damon Dash. And the fact that Damon Dash even refers to himself as a NEPO dad and that he how I mean, the mighty have fallen that, you know. He's like, She's like, yeah, you haven't given me that five thousand dollars back I lent you. And he's like, oh, I didn't. You know, you didn't give your daughter back the money? You know it?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, and it's so interesting if you compare that with Gia, who's crying that her dad still can't you know, he still is not able to come to America. And I was just like, it is there's all different types of dads. You know. It's like Abe is having to give her dad money. You know, he skipped the bill on their last apartment, so she's living with her boyfriend in a penthouse apartment, and you know, I just thought Damon was going to be like, are you moving out? Could you give me the keys? Could I get in there? No.
Speaker 1: It was sad too, because again, Damon Dash from my era was just somebody that we all thought was a smart businessman, especially because he was a part of Rockefeller Records with jay Z. And to see how one person's career that is jay Z blossom and balloon to billions literally and to see the stagnation that Dame Dash has had and like you said, how the mighty has fallen. It's it was sad to even hear Abu say how her dad borrows money from her, and that lets me know, Ryan, it's really bad out there for him.
Speaker 2: I always I mean, and this is not necessarily completely lining up, but I was thinking of jay Z and Damon Dash as Jill Zarn and Bethany Frankel. You know, is that like now it's like, you know, jay Z's like fully in hurt like Frankel mode, and you know Zaren is not getting invited to things, you know, blew it on the Golden Life, and so then you're like complaining in the press, like Damon Dash is just complaining about the thirtieth anniversary of like the album that they produced together, and it's like sour grapes. But I do think it's fascinating that he allows himself to be on this show, whether FaceTime or even to allow himself to be seen like this. So I'm like, thank you for your service, because he's not that protective of his image that he's not worried about going, Yeah, I'm borrowing money from my daughter no.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me. And the other thing is this again, I don't watch all of season one. Does ABA's mom, Rachel Roy, a fashion designer, ever make an appearance.
Speaker 2: She made an appearance, Yeah, but not in any sort of like really like big way, you know. And when Damon Dash was first on this show, he was like, you know, you guys know my dad, Damon Dash, and it was he was presented as more of a baller, you know, like more of big time. And then you know, but unfortunately we've not gotten like intense storylines around this family.
Speaker 1: You brought up Ja Judais again, another one I worked with. She had to I mean, my gosh, she had to be around the same age, maybe eight or nine. When I worked on Jersey with Teresa and Ryan. Gia would audition.
Speaker 3: In New Jersey for commercials and movies and TV and Theresa will take her Milania and.
Speaker 1: Oh god, not be missing the name ship. Blame it on the other one, I want to say, the other one. Oh my god, this is bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you got me for getting it too, Milania Jia.
Speaker 1: Uh, why am I having a brain fart right now? Gabriella O yeah there baby, God, Okay, thank you Jesus. Okay, In my defense, Gabriella hates fame, she hates TV, and she never wanted to be a part of this ship. So kudos to her for like living a very normal life at U of M. So Juicy Joe is on a zoom and you know Jia has always he's been a daddy's girl. Yeah, like you've seen Jersey and you've seen how Jia chest Ties is Teresa when it comes to her dad, like leave him alone. You're doing too much right now, stop it. So that's who Jia is. And what we did learn in this scene is the fact that, look, she is really advocating for Juicy Joe to come back to the States, but due to you know what happened to him going to jail being deported, she's writing letters to Donald Trump. And what I must say is this, in this political climate, Gia is very brave for even admitting that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, she's using her social media influence and you know, her influencer title to try to get her dad back. And then, by the way, if I can divorce myself from my own personal politics, I'm like, why hasn't this worked? Like, I mean, it worked for the chrystlies it can't work for the judeaces, but are you not kissing ass good enough? Gia, like, let's get ever. Teresa was on Celebrity Apprentice for the Love of God. But it is wild that this is even part of the storyline, and I guess it puts the audience in a position of would you do the same for your family? But also it's very interesting because it also then you're once again it's like Joe is kind of escaping any sort of personal responsibility for something that he has done. And Gia also, you know, I wish there was an added line of like, yeah, this is obviously something my dad made this horrendous mistake and you know he did serve prison time for it, a little bit more of an explanation of why, you know, of why this family should be together and why that he won't do anything like this ever again. But it is just so funny how the importance she places on being an influencer, and some of the rest of this cast does that as well. But you can tell how much pride, like she quit college to do this and podcasting, and she really considers this a job. And I think sometimes it's hard for an audience to fully understand and not laugh at that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And the thing is this, she's capitalizing on the fact that we well we do give this title to young actors and actresses. But when you really think about oriyan Gia is a child star like she was. She was, like I said, eight or nine when she first started her career air quotes as a nine year old on television. And not only that, your mother is Teresa fucking Judais flipping Table season one. You were there, You were there when she did it, you know, like you saw her do it in real time. You were at the kiddy's table with Lauren and and Chris Manzel, you know who were in there like late teens at that point.
Speaker 2: I mean she had she had her first platinum hit at eleven with waking up in the morning, I mean platinum, are you deaddy?
Speaker 1: Yes? So this is all she knows. And I will say, as somebody who you know, she was going to school for law, similar to Riley. And I want to ask you this because you're a parent. One thing I will say watching this show.
Speaker 5: And I'm not a parent, but I can only imagine they must not be that happy when you as a parent, spend all this money in private school.
Speaker 1: They go to the best schools and you pay for them to go to n YU. Yeah, and all of a sudden, Ryan they quit school to be a DJ or influencer. Is that? Like, how would you feel? Because that's the one thing, Oh, I can't stop thinking about.
Speaker 2: There's that Chris Rock joke from Bring the Pain of like you know, like just working to keep your daughter off the pole, right, which is like an old old joke that doesn't necessarily it's not too funny anymore. But I think my one job as a parent, in my eyes, is to keep my daughter off of reality television. If I can do that, no, no, no, no, no. Reality television is the new poll. I'm telling you. If I if my daughter ever said I just auditioned for Love Island, USA, I would be like, we're never talking again, Like that's can you imagine? And the funny thing is, I don't even know if Teresa is cognizant fully enough to realize like, oh, I wanted more for you. The lawyer thing, like there is such easy big money to make in influencing, right, And you could say, yeah, lawyering or whatever it's called will always be there. But I think there is something so magical about turning your back on this and wanting something better for your life, more substantial and not in terms of like bobbles and money and things like that. So it like Gia, you see what a well composed young woman she is, and then you also sense how much personal trauma she had to deal with because of her family. But she keeps it all in but in her talking heads, you know, it always usually ends with like a tearing up in some way because that trauma is right there on the surface. But like it's just like arian these ladies are. You're just like God, you are so well put together. I would just be a mess, I would think growing up in these households.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's it's part for the course in terms of once that is in your life. Look at it. We got Arianna, we have Gia, we have Riley. These are three daughters who mothers were our housewives. And it's one of those things where similar to child actors, a lot of child actors, Grenna Paltrow being one of them, you know, when you grow up with parents who are bona fide actors, you're kind of like just inserted in the mix. And that's what I find fascinating about this show too. But listen, you did ask a question about why hasn't Trump pardoned Joe unlike he did with the Chris Laes. I think with Trump, based on my knowledge of what I see on on online and watching the news, you have to in his mind be a big fucking star. And I think for him, the Chris Lyes, Todd Christly let's just say who it is, Tom, chrisly is a big fucking star. Teresa Judais is a big fucking star. Joe Judais in his eyes, not so much. And I think this. I think if Teresa, god forbid, was in jail, he would have pardoned Teresa, yeah, like like without even thinking, because in his mind he would say, I want that white female, suburban demographic to vote for me. So that's that's that's what I think in terms of while.
Speaker 2: I mean, also, you could see a season three where she takes the cast to be with her dad, you know, take you where is he living in, like Nasau or like the Bahamas or something like that.
Speaker 5: Italy.
Speaker 2: He's in Italy? Oh my god? Even better, a next gen trip to Italy? Are you kidding me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's there. He's there, so parents. This had to be one of my favorite scenes this episode. Christ Popular Unpopular. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love Liam I you know I do too, but it is interesting, like he knows what he's doing, this sly little devil. He's like, I'm gonna I'm gonna bring Arianna to meet my parents and that's gonna help me slide in there even more. And he's like, oh, you like this stable family life I have in this amazing Yeah. We don't drink out of red solo cups here, we have we have glass wear. And you know, he knows it. He knows how charming he is because he's good looking, but he's not Brad Pitt and so he's like always he has that really confident, cocky attitude that I think a lot of people obviously have responded to based on what his friends say about him. And so this is perfect. He has good relationships with his parents. I mean, this is the ultimate panty dropper, right, like I mean in terms of in terms of what Arianna has been through in her life.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, So the thing is this, The thing is this. It's everything you said he's not. He's not like conditionally attractor, right, yeah, but he does have this swag that I that I that I think is so interesting. His fashions and that's what you said. He's like cool and alta sly, but I think he's great. I think he's no.
Speaker 2: I love him. I love that he's confident. I love that, in comparison to the other characters that he seems somewhat stable. I mean, I think it's a great addition to the cast. And when you then compare it to somebody like Shi, who is like this little shy kid who's trying to get people to be friends with him, which I thought was one of the funniest scenes, and like he's trying to do this little fashion photo shoot and he's trying to get Brooks and Ava dash to foot. They're ignoring his ass right and left. And I love the way the show positions it where they're like, we have so much to do today, and then you just see Ava just dilly dallying walking to a restaurant to like complain to her manager and Brooks it's like, are you kidding me? I can't do this right now. I'm worried about my fashion show. And then you just see him walking around the city, Like I almost felt bad for Shy, but it's such a great funny moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So, like you said, Liam invites Arianna and Brooks over to meet his parents. We all know what we've seen this season is Arianna is somebody that he has the biggest crush on. He's just like really into her. And what is so interesting is the fact that they all know that Hudson is her ex. And Hudson even said to him, like, don't touch her, like not that that's his property whatever, but like that's my girl. Leave her alone. Because I think Husson's mind, he's like, we're going to get back together. Yeah, we're just on a break, right, But Liam is a man on a mission and to see Arianna say, look, I'm not the ideal girl. Are a parent to like all this shit going on, But it is what makes armand a likable to me because she's in of a joke, she's self deprecating, she understands like what people think, but at the end of the day, it doesn't bother her. It doesn't bother her at all.
Speaker 2: There's a complete there's a complete self awareness that you don't see with a lot of bravolebrities. I think one of the best qualities in a housewife or something is sometimes obliviousness or even to take it back to your Kelly interview, there's like this delicious obliviousness that you're like, I have no choice but to stand like you truly believe these things about yourself. But Arianna is she gets it. She gets it.
Speaker 1: If you do a.
Speaker 2: Google search, all of these things are gonna come up. But hey, that's me, and you're either gonna like me or you don't like me. And I think she is so she's so she's not cocky, but she's self assured, and I think that's really an attractive quality.
Speaker 1: So in the end we see them snug on a couch and Liam takes his chance and he asked her on a date, which was very smooth. Yeah, very smooth, because like Arianna said, it's not every day where the first thing you do is meet the parents, then you get the date. It nobody happens in reverse. But I think Arihanna likes that Liam has swag and he's charming, so she says yes. But like you said earlier, we see her making out with See.
Speaker 2: That's what I hate is that they'll always then go to like the the you know, proverbial bad boy, and so it's like it is interesting and I'm really curious to see. I'm like, I'm hooked, like I want to see how this happens. I want to see And then they go on a ski trip and all you know, according to the like mid season trailer, but I'm like, oh, Arianna, no, what are you doing? But a good love quadrangle is great for a show because you got Hudson, you got Liam, and you got Charlie, and then Shi has a crush on Ava Dash, which is obviously going to go nowhere. So I like, but when you're young, your heart feels so many different things for so many different people, and I think that's great if they can capture that for this show.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, for sure, for sure. I think it's interesting. And look, one thing about Hudson. Hudson. Hudson does seem a little sketchy to me, you know, like there's just something you know.
Speaker 2: When you start leaning into that baller lifestyle, Like you know, there's something really powerful about like you know, what is it? Like money speaks, wealth whispers, right or something or something like that. But like what we've seen of Hudson, it's really all based around money of like got to get in the PJ, got to get picked up from the private airfield, you know, and then Charlie trying to be closed with him because he has money. And I think that can't be the only thing about you. So somebody like Liam, who is all personality and probably is you know, his family obviously is well off. Not like Hudson's family, but well off. There is something really attractive by somebody that doesn't lead with that.
Speaker 1: But what I do believe, as somebody who knows her mom, Kim Zosiak formerly man, Kim believes in making sure the man has me. But like you said, Liam isn't a brokie. His parents clearly have money. He is a filmmaker and all those things. But I don't know, Ariana may be under the impression that you choose money first love second.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you have to watch Kim Zolziak makes an appearance in the first season, and it's great, Like it comes up that they help Kim with bills or like expensive bottles of wine, and I think that is brought up in that first season, which I think is great because that's but those are the conversations I wish that they would throw in there, like, well, my mom always taught me to go for this, you know, and I know that they're probably protecting their moms a great deal, so we're not going to have that full blown conversation. But you would have to imagine that that is like, you know, if you have somebody like Hudson with their wealth, lock that down.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes we are. I know we kind of went through the mayor and trolley conversation. But the one thing I want to ask you is I felt, again she let them off the hook too easily. I just my opinion, and this is what you love about me too, which is I look at things through the producer lands too. One of the reasons why I felt that it was anti climatic in terms of their conversation is because I think they had an off camera conversation.
Speaker 2: A thousand Okay, you think there's a do but don't you think there's a lot of off camera conversations happening here? Oh?
Speaker 1: Just for sure? For sure. The thing is this, You're not controlling these kids to not talk to each other off camera. Y they this their phone, okay, is literally their wallets like they have their cars and ship inside the case. They're not they're not, they're not doing it. To see a mirror last week, the way, the way she screamed and yelled and took off from Mike and fu production and all those things, and to see her say, Okay, it's fine. And that's why I think the producers had to leave in the producer bite at the end like do you feel like you gave them too easily because they were like, this isn't tracking, and they knew, they knew they had to explain that to us.
Speaker 2: Bo okay, But Carlos, my question was watching that scene, was well, maybe that was encouraged to make up because it's almost like we're gonna downshift. So in the second half of the season, we know Charlie's gonna say something idiotic again and it will break break. So you have to forgive to be able to go back and be around each other to get to a worse part than what we just saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the thing. But the thing for me is it just it just it just didn't track. It didn't track, and and and and and I felt like it gave a Mara a disservice because I'll speak for myself. I think for me, what I wanted was I wanted her to really speak for the community and really express the vitrol of this statement, the like to really just give the audience the energy that was matched and I just felt like, again, it was something that I felt the ball was dropped on.
Speaker 2: But see, that's fascinating, But we're always trained to be like, Okay, there's only so much you can put into a forty two minute show. If she is taking on, like, you know, the the tribulations of an entire community, does that not like kind of ground the show to a halt and in a way that like, yes, I mean I personally would love to hear that from her. I would love to have a full blown conversation with everybody in the cast about that, and especially young people, because you know, I think I've seen a lot about how older people feel, which I really could care less with as I get older, but I want to see how the younger generation feels. And that's what you know this is And so Amira probably has had so many things that she has had to just shut up and take it her whole life, and that you're right, is that that at some point is going to make somebody break and she's trying to compose herself. And I hold myself to a higher standard. I'm an influencer and I want to remain brand safe, and so I think that would be a fascinating scene. But I still have hopes that we will get that at some point in the show.
Speaker 1: I hope so. I hope so. And I think what you said is so true in terms of that could have been a nice conversation to happen with everybody. It termes let me explain to you all what this means. But look, perhaps we will get that at the reunion that is taping today. But again, rain Jobs, I told you guys three weeks ago, I love this show. I will be recapping it this season, and I'm so happy to have done my first one with my guests.
Speaker 2: Is this your first recap of a next Gen?
Speaker 1: My first one was the Riley episode because I just had to Oh, I was going back and forth. I'm like, let me do it. This is my first one after that with my guests. So you're my first guest to have doing this.
Speaker 2: Do you find it as a prolific podcaster and producer? And all that. When you choose a show to recap that it's hard to get your audience to. I mean, do you have such brand loyalty where they'll they'll listen or watch any show that you talk about.
Speaker 1: You know what's so funny. I have an audience to where two things happen. If they don't watch the show regularly, they'll say, I started watching this show because of you, because you recaps.
Speaker 2: Of course it's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's better is this. I love it when they say I don't even watch the show. I just like listen to your Yes.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I have people do that with my Valley recaps, and I'm like, oh my god, that's insane. Like you, I mean, because The Valley is a miserable show, and I'm like, you're not even visually watching it. You're listening to an older man loses mind Thursday nights trying to like take you through the dastardly deeds of the Valley. And I'm like, whoa, that is the coolest thing that anybody could ever tell you. As a podcaster.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been good, it's been good. So I do love that. And when I mentioned that, I'm gonna recap next to jan I will say all of them, all of my rain drops. They said, yay, finally because we've been watching it and they said, no, you're gonna love it, and like I said, I didn't do season one, so they're happy that I just started recapping it. It's a great show. I find myself really enjoying a lot of it. I didn't think I would.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so many times I'll be recapping the show and I'll even say on my episode, I would love just ask Carlos King about this, because just from that production angle, the further we get into watching these shows, you have to wonder like, was this producer encouraged? Was this Like yeah, but remember you're upset about this person for this, And I think sometimes people leave that out because they're like, oh, that was such a leap for somebody to be so mad going into that scene, and I'm like, I think they were a little juiced up beforehand. So there is a reality to the reality. But also we know that this is that everybody knows this is being filmed, so I think there's this element that we still kind of leave out. And I'm so curious where we get with fourth wall breaking as this front content.
Speaker 1: It's funny because when I started in two thousand and eight, oh, it was like a full stop hell no, like oh yeah, there's no such thing as producers and anything right to the point where the camera was in a shot. They're like, edit a camera outy whatever. What has changed since is they've embraced the fourth wall being broken more often because these shows are big and bigger, big and bigger, and we kind of know how the sausage is made a little bit. But I definitely think they're not ever going to truly pull back the curtain.
Speaker 2: Sure, but what I what, I'm very curreo because I would just you know, for science. I watched the first two episodes of House of Stassy and they are uh see, I'm not the target audience for this, but well true, Okay, well listen, it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. But I do think they heavily lean into fourth wall breaking a lot of like flourishes with the editing, which you see in Next Gen as well. I almost wish they would do fifteen percent less of everything. There were more real moments between her and her husband that I found those conversations actually very interesting, just but it's a reality show about making a reality show, and Stassy reminds you constantly of we need this show to work, and we're doing this and we had these celebrity cameos, and I think that works. But I think your real bread and butter is the real relationships between you and your husband, you and your kids, you and your best friends, and almost trust that process. So I think automatically this is gonna get a second season. But it is interesting because she's somebody that we are fully leaning into fourth wall breaking, like she's winking at the camera every chance she can get, and I think you've got to find this happy medium. But you can tell she's not having those restrictions that Bravo places on their show. And at the same time, using people like Katie Maloney from vander Pump Rules is such an amazing flourish that eventually it's gonna be weird because we're gonna eventually start having vander Pump Rules reunions on House Obstos and you're gonna be able to have like three year conversations where they're commenting on production, which happened in the second episode with Katie maloney where you're like when you're doing vander Pump Rules, like nobody knows what you're going through, Like you've gone through this war together. And she keeps saying, I do not want vander Pump Rules to be my legacy. And I'm like, girl, do you'd be lucky? Oh? She says that fully, I do not want vander Pump Rules to be my legacy, and like it is going to be. You're gonna do all thebi doing better than Jack's Taylor. But it's what a great legacy to have if you are still working in this industry at the level that Sassi is.
Speaker 1: Well, Ryan, guess what I'm doing this evening.
Speaker 2: You know what if you do DM me or message me and let me know, because you know, I would love love from your angle, just from the production thing, because they're throwing so much against the wall. And I think finally in the second episode, there are certain things that start clicking. But the real bread and butter, I think is between Bo her husband and her and talking with the reality. There's a great conversation about influencers that I would love. Next Genda comment on is She's like, you have seven hundred and fifty thousand followers. You want to go out and go back to your casting director job. You can make more money with is brand deals? He goes, it doesn't matter brand deals, you think, I want to sell pots and pans. And I thought that was so interesting. Is that just because you have this fun doesn't mean you need to be an influencer somebody Like people just want to have like real jobs or actually like go in and get their hands dirty about something that they love. And Sassi's like, what do you like? We have this amazing life because of me. I will pay you more to stay home with the kids. And it was like, I thought that was super interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm into it. I'm into it. But I do think to your point, there is a fine line between giving too much of the fourth wall being broken because you still want to escape and you still and I'm so glad you you brought this up. I always tell my producers this personal story will always be the key to keep people in their seats, and.
Speaker 2: We need more people to make that the edict if we get because I don't want to ever get to a point where we have trained the audience to not love that and to not feel that or to actually like go again, because I believe still the audiences are savvy enough of when you see something real, you get goosebumps almost you know you're watching something real, for better or worse. But now you see these shows with so many tricks and so many fourth wall breaking, and you know, it's like you have to really dig through a bunch of mess to actually get through to the truth. And you don't want the mess to become the standard. You don't want the mess to become something of like, oh, I feel like I'm watching something entertaining because I'm told this is entertaining. It's like you always want people to be like, No, it's relationship, relationship, relationship, A.
Speaker 1: Great, A great listen, Raine Jobs. That's why if you haven't on Brady, which I'm sure you have, but if you haven't, you must support my guy Ryan Bailey. He has an amazing, awesome podcast, So bad It's Good with Ryan Bailey. And I want to say, you dropped like five episodes a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. Listen. This is a this is a sad, sad desperation from an old man. No, listen, Carlos. When you find something that you love, you just want to do it as much as possible, and I truly do love this, but this is my career. I want to work in this for the rest of my life. And you know, like listen I said the other day, if I was in my twenties, I would go I mean I would fully run into production or being a Bravo executive. But not, I'm doing a podcast and so come have fun with us. But if not, there are so many great podcasts out there, and I'm just delighted to be able to have this conversation with you. I look forward to talking to you all the time. And next time you're in Los Angeles, you better come on my show. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I want. Well, you know I love you. I I think you're so great and you know that. And I'm so happy to see you continue to do this and love it and and also just do it with so much success that you have a tang. So rain draws. Please please please subscribe. Download so bad it's good. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also for the Coromo interview, I'm thinking about the Coromo interview. That was another one when you guys were like hinting around like the love of his life. He's like, I was like, WHOA, I brought that up on my show too. I was like, oh my god, and then that turned out I was my mind was blown. I was like, whoa, I mean want to come.
Speaker 1: Right, I have a couple more lined up that's gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 2: I mean keep doing. I mean like I'm just like you are turning into be that place to go for these like interviews where it like kind of changes the way people think or actually you get some sort of I don't know, I just hats off. I study these things. So man, just amazing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, Ryan PRETI I don't say.
Speaker 2: I'm kissing his ass. By the way, I can already see you commenter saying that I truly know.
Speaker 1: You're not first of all referend and you're not new to this podcast. Please so no, I I appreciate that Ryan, and I got you. When I'm in LA, I would love to come in your podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, awesome man, Thank you guys
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, bye bye,