Speaker 1: Hello, everyone.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday or Tuesday or whatever day that you're listening to your favorite podcast, Cheek is in Chill. I hope that you're having a wonderful day. I just got back from Miami and it was an amazing trip. I am so grateful. My performance is doing amazing. Apparently it's gone viral. There's so many different and beautiful positive comments, so that just fulfills my heart. And I'm always excited to sit down and talk to you guys, but especially excited for today's episode because it's all about intuition and tapping into our higher selves.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know.
Speaker 2: What that means or how to achieve that, stay tuned because our guest is about to enlighten us all. Here with me today is Mariy Fontanez, an intuitive life and leadership coach and the author of the new book called High your Self, Reclaiming the Power of your Intuition. She also hosts a podcast signal Hi, Maury, Welcome to the podcast. I am so excited that you're here.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me. I'm really excited to talk to you too.
Speaker 2: So let's I have a lot of questions in regards to your book. But let's start off with your higher self. What does this mean?
Speaker 3: Your higher self is the version of you as soon as I say it, it's going to activate and you're going to feel it. It's the version of you that is unencumbered by fear, limitation, shame, anxiety. It's the version of you that is so clear that all of your desires are warranted and deserved, that you are full of intuitive knowing that your wisdom is within you, not outside of you. It is very grounded in your worth and full of dignity. I like to help people imagine your higher self in this way. When your soul chose to take a human form to have an experience, a life experience, it's sort of split into two. The version of you that came down into this plane to be in a human form and have experiences. So imagine yourself down in the forest navigating life. And then the other half is kind of sitting on this mountaintop watching from above, knowing what you are inherently worthy of, seeing the full picture and sending you signals to guide you towards your highest good. That's your higher self.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I love how you explained it because I've always tried to explain it to other people because I have my own definition in my head, and what I'm hearing from you is I always say God lives in me as me. God lives in you and all of us as us. So I feel like that is the person or that being or the spirit or whatever it is that you want to call it, anyone that anyone that's listening, yep, that's.
Speaker 1: Sitting on that mountain waiting.
Speaker 2: I think because sometimes we are so caught up in life and doing our thing that we don't take the time to look inward and really take care of that.
Speaker 1: Being. I guess you know that that higher authentic self.
Speaker 3: You know, well, even I will take it one step further. The true world is our inner world. That is the truth, the wisdom, the knowing, and even what we desire. All of that creates the external world, and we sometimes are tricked into the illusion that the external world is the truth and that we have to react to it, rather than understanding that the truth is actually within here, and the external world is a representation of my experience of that. And therefore I can navigate with this you know, this, this this light within me guiding the way because I know what is best for me, not I am reacting to what others are saying.
Speaker 2: Is in my highest good Oh my goodness, Yes, I love that so much because it took me so long to really really tap into that. And instead of thinking this happened to me, I now ask myself, Okay, what did I do or what can I change to change the outcome so that I'm not attracting this over and over?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And I'm living that right now with my siblings. You know, there's some stuff going on and I'm like, Okay, instead of pointing fingers at them, let me not worry about what they're doing, let me worry about what I can do differently, how I can better this situation.
Speaker 1: So I love that you said that. Oh my gosh. Okay, So I think I'm on the right track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. That reframe is everything you don't have control over anyone but you and the way you see things and the decisions you from those perceptions.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my goodness, Okay, I love that. Okay, And why do you think this isn't talked about more well?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: I feel like we hear a little bit about it, but not as much as I think we should personally. Yeah, I'm going to tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: Just yes, I love that all aside, we are conditioned as a society not to trust ourselves because power is more easily accumulated if we don't trust our inner voice, if we are convinced by others to fear one another, to believe that others know better than we do, to believe that we are not enough, so we need to acquire X, Y or Z product or home or car. And by the way, I'm not some like love and Light healer that's here to tell you got to abandon all of that material wealth and go live on a mountaintop. That's not what I'm saying to you. Yeah, But what I am saying is an answer to your question. We are taught that others hold the answers for us, so that others can be in control of us, whoever those others are. So it doesn't make sense in a society that wants to control behavior to remind you that you have the inner wisdom to know what to do next. Yeah, it makes more sense to convince you that you don't know and that you have to constantly be seeking like this hungry ghost, you know, seeking this validation, seeking wisdom from outside yourself so that you put the power in other people's hands instead of remembering who the hell you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even seeking approval, you know, like that was a big thing for me for a long time, seeking approval of my mother or my family and people pleasing and not really I was paying so much attention to the outside world that I could not hear my inner voice speaking.
Speaker 3: And now it's so clear everyone relates when you say that we all have an inner people pleaser. Yeah, and I just want to give everyone permission to see that self with some grace and love. Yeah, because that is the version of us that at a very young age, not understanding what the hell was going on, living in a very chaotic and noisy world, not understanding why other people were behaving the way they were, whether that's mom, dad's sister, friend, whoever. We create beliefs about ourselves to help make sense of a world that doesn't make sense. So when we see someone maybe not pay attention to us because they're tired or heartbroken or whatever, at a very young age, we decide, well, we need their attention, because you need your caregiver's attention for survival. So from a brilliant place of survival, we create this strategy to please others, to get their loving attention. That is a survival strategy that I want us to always honor. Honor is not the same thing as follow. But just notice, Oh, I'm in this very old survival strategy that a much younger version of myself made up to help me make sense in the world. Do I still need that outdated strategy? No, but I'm grateful that you, little one, you created it because I'm alive right now because you did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that makes so much freaking sense, like moving and surviving from a place of survival, and then you get to a place where you're like, Okay, I did that.
Speaker 1: That worked for me.
Speaker 2: Then now I'm thriving now I can, you know, which is why I wanted to have this conversation with you, because I'm like, Okay, I kind of know what intuition is and being in your higher self and your authentic self, but I really wanted the listeners to understand it, and and you're explaining it so beautiful, which is I mean, you are a leadership code ch and a life coach and a lot of people when they asked me what's the difference. I was just on a podcast not so long ago, and they said, Okay, what's the difference between therapy and life coaching?
Speaker 1: And I think I might.
Speaker 2: Have explained it correctly, but I feel that obviously you can explain it even better. So if you can just let us know a little bit more about the difference or what it is that you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good question, because sometimes it's a very blurry line. I'll tell clients when they first start with me, Look, this is going to feel like three different experiences in one. It's going to feel like therapy, but I am not a licensed therapist. Everything that I know about healing these little limiting beliefs is either from my own life story and how I've healed them, or what I am really channeling, what I'm receiving as a method that makes sense from the collective consciousness, from the collective knowing. It's also going to feel like a spiritual experience because there is an intuitive part of me that's connecting to an intuitive part of you, and it will feel like something that's inexplicable. There's some times that I'll know things that people will be like, well, how do you know that I'm tapping into that gift of reading that energy, and then it'll feel like a leadership session. It'll feel like strategy because I come from a corporate background, so I'm a strategist at heart, So it'll be very tactical and focused on exactly what you need to do to get from A to B. And I think it depends on the life coach or the therapist you see. I mean, obviously therapists are clinically trained. They are going to be more educated about all of the different psychological things that could be happening, and that is really helpful when you're trying to understand what system is happening in your brain while you're thinking and feeling the way you're feeling. I have lots of therapy his friends who will say, though, that sometimes because some therapists stick to Western medicine and a very linear way of diagnosing things, we're missing the unspoken part. We're missing the energetic part. And so for me, what I'm doing is I'm bringing in the energetic, the unspoken, the unseen, and blending the healing together with the reminder, oh, look there's your higher self. Do see them? Great, that's who you really are. Now. My goal is for you to never need me again. That's what good looks like for me, because the wisdom is within you. I'm just the reminder.
Speaker 2: Yes, I okay, I'm just I'm so excited because this is I think this.
Speaker 1: I was looking for you. I've been looking for me. I manifested you. Look you're on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 3: I feel that way about every single client, every interview I've done for this book. It's like, if the frequency is right and the people who are listening are ready for the mess, I'll show up or my book. My book will just show up in people's laps, like they'll just see it in a bookstore and then they'll DM me and they're like, I was just in a moment where I felt really lost and there was your book. So there's a little magic, there's a little alchemy to this message that when you're in the right place and you're ready for it, it shows up for you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I agree.
Speaker 2: And you do work with a lot of CEOs and important people, right, I mean, obviously we don't.
Speaker 3: Need never works important.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, But I mean, do you feel that they are any better with trusting themselves in like the average person.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: From my experience, you know what I have seen is I work with leaders. I also work with performers and public personalities. I think that with a certain level of success comes a certain amount of confidence because your brain has received evidence that you are good at the thing, or that you make good decisions. And we need evidence to believe that's just the way we humans are. We've got to see it to believe it. So I do think that when people have achieved and they are successful at whatever they're doing, there is an inherent confidence that helps them trust the next decision, but only if it's a decision that fits in the tiny box of decisions they've made before. The minute they want to move to another box. Let's say I'm coaching a singer who now wants to be in the movies. Immediately, imposter syndrome comes in, I'm not enough comes in. All of these limiting beliefs comes in. What do you mean, my intuition? Because now what their desire is asking of them is to have the courage to see themselves as their higher self in every scenario. But the evidence part of the brain the evidence part of the ego wants to say no, no, no, no, we only have evidence that you're good at this thing. So when they're coming to me, isn't a moment of change or transition or crisis because all of a sudden that system they had to trust their decision making is completely flipped up in the air because it's new territory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my goodness, you know it's so crazy? Is that? That's where I'm at a crossroads right now, which is why I'm like, you know what, I know, I still want to sing now that I've stepped back a little bit and I've created a little bit of space, soul space, but I feel like that's going to look different moving forward. And the fear steps in exactly what you said of the doubt, and I'm like, okay, wait, everything's going so well here, but why is it that my soul is telling me I need to kind.
Speaker 1: Of just go this way a little? So it's yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, And what happens when you don't listen to that voice? How does it feel?
Speaker 1: Oh? Horrible?
Speaker 2: And then I get a kick in the ass later yes by life. Yes, And it's happened so much to me. You guys that I have something in the pit of my stomach and for me, that is God, that is my intuition, that is my higher self speaking to me. And I ignore it because of the exterior, because of fear or it's people are not going to approve of it, whatever it may be. And then later on it still happens. It just it's out of my control. It just happens, and I just that's the way I see it. It's a little kick in the ass that say, hey, you didn't listen to me earlier, so I have to kind of push you to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, I tell you know, I believe you know. I used to do crisis management and I left that to do this work. But I always say that oftentimes a crisis is intuition unlistened to, intuition unfollowed, And it's not a punishment. It's just a cause and effect. It's just evidence that you're knowing was right, so that next time you can trust it. There's always a next time. We can take that beat up stick and put it down, Yeah, because you will get a chance again to listen. And the point is when will you begin to learn to trust that wisdom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know right now that you said punishment. It's something that I also struggled with for a long time because I come from like a Christian family, and I always say, you know, I am a spiritual woman. Now I am not religious, but I think when I was very religious and Christian, I always felt like I was going to be punished if I didn't do the right thing. And I had this crazy amount of fear within me that if I did something wrong, I was going to get punished or if I didn't listen. And now I feel that I have the choice. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe you'll know a little bit what I'm talking about, but I think it's important to talk about that because it would paralyze me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't even move.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not even going to do anything because I'm just so freaking fearful. And now I move with liberty and I'm like, Okay, I know, I'm just following this feeling. But even if I take a little detour because of whatever, X, Y and Z, it's okay, I'll come back here. I can come back and yes, I'm not a horrible person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And are you harder to control? With this awareness.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, going back to your very first question, why are we not taught that were intuitive? Because it's harder to control you. It's easier to control you when there's a system that tells you you need to be fearful of an external punishment. And that is not to say anything about anyone's religion. I actually very much honor spirituality in every way, and religion is one of them. But sometimes even spirituality can be formalized into a system aka religion that then has the human ego involved in it. Yeah, there are other people involved in explaining though. I always think about how, you know, back in the day when they didn't want women to have any writes, women were not allowed to read. Why they didn't want women to read and interpret? Actually, it was illegal for a long time for people to interpret the Bible and throughout Europe on their own. Wow, because what did they want? What did the Catholic Church want to be able to interpret it for you? So that is a system of control.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's talk a little bit about men. Do you feel that men are better at leaning into their intuition than women?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I get this question a lot. I get this question because of the term women's intuition.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that your intuition is connected to your gender whatsoever. Okay, in fact, I know that it's not. I do feel that male CEOs and executives follow their intuition more openly and without permission. They may not talk about it that way, but they just feel something and they make a decision. I think Forbes did a study once and sixty eight percent of ceo said they make decisions based off their intuition. I think that women in the workplace feel and know, but are not as allowed to just be decisive from that place of knowing. But I think that if you look at people in general and the way they live their lives and lead their lives, everyone is intuitive. Yeah, everyone is intuitive. The difference comes with the level of fear that's blocking your ability to hear and follow your intuition, and that is does not discriminate, you know, gender color. We all have different levels of fear, and we all have a highly intuitive part of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, all of us. Yeah, I truly believe that for sure.
Speaker 2: Every time I pray them, I thank you for my five cents is in my sixth sense because I want to like tap more and into it and not ignore it. I wasted so many years on ignoring that, and like you said, because of a fear, you know. I mean, it's sometimes it's scary to step into the known or to listen to it because you're like, wait. And for a long time, Marie, I was a little obsessed with like psychics because I knew what I was feeling, but I need confirmation totally. I need someone to tell me, and it just would cause a world of problems for me. Hmm. I was leaning too much into that, and I felt like I was getting even further and further away from my own knowing. Yeah, because I was depending so much on someone else to tell me what to do or not to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah. Anytime you go see any healer or psychic medium, really have to check what you're receiving against your own knowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Always, no one knows better about you than you. Sometimes someone who's gifted that way can open your eyes to something that you may not have seen, but then you'll feel that in your body as truth. Whatever truth feels like in your body, you just know it when they say it. But if it's hitting in a place where you're like, no, that wisdom is there to guide you, so always check everything you hear against that wisdom.
Speaker 2: And you can feel, like you just said, right now, your intuition in your I feel it in my tummy. Yeah, forensipan people, you could feel it anywhere right or yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: That's where the term gut feeling comes from, because the gut actually has a lot to do with consciousness and what we perceive. There's just just starting to figure that out scientists. But the body is a very good reminder of all experiences trauma, which feels like tightness, sharpness, pain, and intuitive knowing, which can feel for a lot of people like a little bubbly feeling their stomach. Some people feel it like energy building in their chest. Some people will say their fingers get a little numb, and I say in the book, there's three ways to tell the difference between intuition and fear when you're making a decision in your body is one of them. Fear in your body feels like a contraction, it feels like pressure, it feels like sharpness, tightness. That's a fear thought. Intuition your body will feel like some form of expansion or elevation, some kind of bubbly feeling or opening sensation in your body. I always tell people, when you're trying to get to know your intuition, what is the pre thought? What's the first feeling or thought you had in response to something that's your intuition? And if you really pay attention to it, it has no emotion. It's just straight up like a fact.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's pretty freaking cool.
Speaker 2: Because I sometimes I've learned that when I'm trying to make a decision, I start listening. This is just so much confirmation for me because I'm like, Okay, this is good. I'm here, I'm getting like chills. But I'll ask myself, Okay, do I have peace with this decision?
Speaker 1: And you feel it?
Speaker 2: Guys, like people have asked like, Okay, how is it that you listen to that inner voice, that intuition? We all have it, right, Mariy, Like everyone can tap into this. Can you give us some advice or some pointers as to how they can start if they don't feel what it is that we're talking about. Besides reading your book, because I really do think you guys should read it, but are there anything any other tips that you can give them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The best way to start to acquaint yourself with your intuitive voice is to decipher the difference between it and your fear of voice. Start to pay attention when you have to make a decision, or you meet someone, or you're just having a thought. What does this thought feel like in my body? What does it feel like in my energy? What does it feel like in my emotion? If it's contracted, tight, draining, upsetting, that's a fear thought. Start to notice also the thoughts that feel calm, clear, emotionally neutral, that's an intuitive thought. When you can give your brain lanes, this is fear, This lane is intuition. It now knows how to put things into buckets, and you can begin to decide for yourself which bucket do I want to choose today? Or I'm going to check in with my fear self because it has a lot of needs that it wants to make sure get met, like safety, love, dignity. Okay, I hear you. Now, let me take a deep breath and I literally just turn your head to the other side, take a deep breath, and just say, what's the go ahead, intuition, what do you believe? And just you'll get something immediately, and then you get to decide which thought do I want to believe, because whichever thought you believe becomes your reality.
Speaker 1: From what I hear, you do believe or think that the law of attraction is very real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we I want to say this in the most clear, simple way. What we perceive is what is real. If you don't perceive it, it's not real to you. If you don't believe in a zebra, if you don't believe it's real. I could be looking at it and telling you, look, look, look at that thing, but you might not fully perceive it because your consciousness is not grabbing that part. So whatever your consciousness believes in, that is the way that you perceive the world. That's what that's really the basis of law of attraction, Yeah, is that you are in alignment with that thing. Oftentimes we are in alignment with fear thoughts. Yeah, so we perceive more. I'll give you really clear evidence of this. Have you ever woken up just in a really bad mood?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: The way that you think about the people you interact with that day or that morning, the way you think about opportunities coming or not coming, to you, the way you think about your friends and your family, your life, yourself. How does all of that feel when you're in a bad mood.
Speaker 2: It just it feels very negative, right, I just everything is just wrong and you see all the bad in everything.
Speaker 3: And can you find evidence that you're right? Can the friend be a bit of a jerk?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the rejection come through? Yeah, because you're waking up and seeing things through the lens of negativity. Now, when you're just in a great mood, how does your relationship to other people or other things change? How do you start to perceive those things?
Speaker 2: I mean I see the beauty and everything, and I see that, oh I do have a great friend, and yeah, I mean yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: So that very same friend that was annoying you yesterday when you're in a bad mood, and that was real to you, that that person was being an ass that next day, when you're in a different headspace, all of a sudden, is the most loyal, the funniest, whatever things you love about them. That becomes real. So what you perceive is what is real in your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I mean I tell people look in the mirror and say nice things to yourself and really, there is at least one thing that you can find that you love about yourself and focus on that versus oh, my silly letter, my stretch marks. We all have defects. It's just what we choose to focus on. And I really believe in affirmations and mantras and all that stuff because it's feeding yourself your brain, and you're also speaking it. I really believe in the power of the tongue as well, so we talk about that on the podcast lot.
Speaker 1: So I truly believe in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think there's a danger in certain terms being overused so that people can throw them away or be cynical about them, right, Like manifestation is one of those terms that has been so overused that it sort of misses people. So part of my purpose is to break it down in the most practical, pragmatic terms so that it's not something that feels woo woo, but like real to you. I want you to find experience in your own life of that concept being real.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love her, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's talk about relationships and creating high frequency relationships. Can you turn an existing relationship into a high frequency one?
Speaker 3: Everything is about your own frequency. So if you are in that relationship from a place of need, from a place of ooh, please fill this hole inside me that thinks she's not he's not worthy, she or he is not lovable, that they are not inherently worth partnership or loyalty. If you have that belief about yourself, a relationship is not going to fix that belief, and what it is going to do is magnetize a frequency that is also of equal value. Right, not fully healed, not fully in a place of believing in themselves. The only way that you move to a high frequency relationship is when you begin to fill that hole inside yourself with the inherent truth that you are worthy of love and of dignity because you exist, because you are here literally made of stardust science has shown in our bones, and a divine being. All that means is a being that's connected to something so much greater and full of unconditional love and deep knowing that is your truest essence. When you know that, and it takes work, It takes therapy, it takes healing, It takes attending to these little selves who are stuck in the illusion that they're not enough. When you begin to attend to those littles, love your littles, as I say, and they begin to believe you. Oh, I am worthy. I didn't need that person to tell me I was. I know that I am. Your frequency shifts. When your frequency shifts, you magnetize same, same like attracts like. So then you begin to magnetize a frequency that sees you that way and that treats you that way. But if you see yourself as inherently broken, what you bring in are others who will treat you like you are broken or continue to break you. People want to project their inner shame and self hatred onto others. It's so much easier to externalize that really hard feeling than to sit with it. So if you're a broken vessel and someone wants to project their own inner darkness, then you're the perfect match. But the minute that you're filling those beautiful cracks with gold and knowing of your value, uh, you don't even detect that frequency anymore, the one that wants to break you because you've elevated out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you guys. Yes, Oh, I'm just I just need to take it to breath.
Speaker 1: Because it just feels.
Speaker 2: So good and and I sometimes don't even know how to explain it. And thank Goodness for my podcast, I'm able to just it's like it's like a form of therapy for me. Just yes, you know, talking and sharing my experiences to help others. But that's when I had to face myself, when I was in one bad relationship after another, and I said, what am I doing to attract this?
Speaker 1: What am I doing?
Speaker 2: I'm I can't. I have to stop pointing my fingers at them. Yes they have their own things, and yes they weren't nice, and they did this and that, but there is something within myself that keeps attracting this, attracting the same type of man until I step back and I said, I'm going to really figure this out and sit in this pain and embrace it. And everything changed for me and I and I tell that I tell my listeners all the time.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to find a partner, you also need to.
Speaker 2: Be willing to make the changes within yourself so that you can attract and be a reflection of what you're looking for. And because I feel in my relationship when I didn't think I was ready for him, because I was doing my own inner work, and I thought I need to be alone for at least a year. And God surprised me in the universe as well, but he was also on his healing journey. He was doing therapy and so was I. And I'm like, oh, this feels so different now we're vibrating. It's just night and day. Yeah, because I think we were both ready and working on our individual selves to be better for ourselves but for each other.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And you have to believe it's possible to perceive it. If you don't believe that a partner who is respectful or a partner who wants the very best for you, Yeah, a partner that wants you to succeed even when they don't. If you don't believe that person exists, you're not going to perceive that person. Yeah. They could be standing right next to you and you won't see it. And so much of this book is the story of my own journey from a place of my first marriage being one where I was trying to fix someone and make them be the husband and the dad for my kids that I wanted that I had imagined I needed to feel safe as a child of divorced parents, and my own reckon that came from my higher self, you know, whispering to me on the floor of my kitchen, eight months pregnant, sobbing, saying, hold on a minute, is this what you believe you're worthy of? Is this all that you believe there is? And starting to really listen to that voice and being like, who is that? What does that mean? Is this all that you believe there is? And getting so curious and beginning this journey for myself of well, if this isn't all there is, what else is there? What would that look like? What do I really want? What do I want my life to look like? Oh? Wait a minute, I don't think I deserve that. Oh okay, let's go fix that. Why don't you believe you deserve that? Oh there's that little five year old. She's sitting on the couch by herself. Mom and dad are fighting. It is all interconnected, but it really comes from this place of looking at yourself and saying, do I believe I'm worthy? Do I believe it's possible? And if the answer to those questions is no, you've got some work to do. My love amis on the other end of that work is the most fulfilling relationships, not just romantic friendships, working collaborations and romance, because all of a sudden, you're showing up more whole and you're embodying your higher self, and so people are like, ooh, I want that. I want to be near that kind of person.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Yes.
Speaker 2: For a long time, I thought all men are the same and they're all cheaters. And I grew up in a household where divorce was just normal and it was like okay, next next, like if this relationship didn't work, then, you know, And I'm like, Okay, well, I guess I'm just going to live like that and have a different person every so often, you know. But I had to sit down and say I want something different. I do deserve this. I real love does exist and there is maybe there isn't a perfect man, like there isn't a perfect woman. I'm not a perfect woman, but I'm going to find someone that's perfect for me. Yeah, And that it changed everything, Guys. I'm telling you because I was there, sitting there at thirty five, going through a separation, through a divorce, and I'm like, oh my gosh, am I ever going to find that person? Appso frecolutely. Yes, you can, you know and you will. We just have to also be willing to make the changes.
Speaker 3: And become that person. Yes, no worry about finding that person, become that person. The rest happens that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I love it, Okay, Mariy. So before I think we've had an amazing conversation, I'm loving this and I know my listeners are going to love it as well. So is there anything that from the conversation, from your book, from your leadership that you want people to understand and take away and something that's going to stick with them.
Speaker 3: If you go to my Instagram and you look at my bio under my name, there are four words or five not self help, self trust. What I am trying to bring about is a self trust revolution, meaning that you reject the idea that anyone knows better than you about what you need and how to get there. So I think that the last thing I want to leave your listeners with is this truth. You have the wisdom within you to know what to do next at all times, and when you believe that, you will tap into that wisdom and live a little more fulfilled, a hell of a lot freer and definitely in full alignment to your higher self.
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh, I feel so enlightened. I feel so light.
Speaker 2: There's so much confirmation, and I hope that you guys are also feeling this as well. Please pick up her book. I picked it up. High Yourself, reclaiming the power of your intuition and talking about your social media. Can you share your social media with us please? People can follow you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, follow me on Instagram at Maury Fontanas.
Speaker 2: There you guys have it, and yeah, I'm gonna be hitting you up great, Mariy.
Speaker 3: I really love talking to you. You ask the most deep and genuinely curious questions, so it's been really nice to talk to you. Thank you for having.
Speaker 2: Me, thank you for your time, and I love that you are going to help so many people.
Speaker 1: I think this is exactly what we need right now. And you guys, thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: I love you so much and I will catch you here on the next episode of Cheeks and Chew. This is a production of iHeartRadio and the micro Dura podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Michael Dura Podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's c H I t U I s for more podcasts. From iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcast
Speaker 1: And check us out on YouTube.