Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchie, and my co host, as has been the case for most of these off season episodes, Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey charch Happy fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 3: Do you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I had a sense we're just talking off air about it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Minnesota is a very unique case. And I don't want to bore people too much Minnesota centric stuff, but in Minnesota, like half the population owns a cabin in the north half of Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Or they know La so they know someone who.
Speaker 1: Or knows somebody right, So much of the Twin Cities just empties to the north. And I love being in town where there's no traffic. The restaurants are aren't crowded, the movie theaters aren't crowded. Everything I want to do is got less people in it.
Speaker 3: We are in lockstep there. Love Yeah, that part is fantasic, going up North Way too much riff raff. I just hate fireworks. I'm not like, not like the big organized ones. You want to go sit in traffic and walk out to the field of the brit Fine.
Speaker 1: You're not interested in the in the fire cracker, the Roman candle.
Speaker 3: The people across the border for those who don't know, in Wisconsin you can buy the real deal. Well, yeah, I hate the good stuff, especially people that are lighting them off at two am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can give out the thoughtful about that stuff. But what if people it's ten o'clock on the fourth of July, game on? I mean, that's that's your problem. Not there so that time they breaking the law.
Speaker 3: Oh they're not, aren't they.
Speaker 1: No? I guess a lot of fireworks when you do it, those.
Speaker 3: Things are like weapons of mass destruction.
Speaker 1: And bring it on, baby. I love that stuff. I love it now.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you I don't not wait until the fifth of July.
Speaker 1: Here's what I don't like about fireworks. And it's the only thing for me is I am one of those people that mosquitoes love me. They've got my scent, I've got the blood type they love and So if you're outside watching some big fireworks thing, the mosquitoes find me first, and I can't you know, in the twenty minutes it takes to get through the whole fireworks display regimen, I've got like forty mosquito bites. And I'm not kidding. I mean just it's like every few seconds, I'm getting a bite.
Speaker 3: I love the people that take pictures or videos of the fireworks, like you're ever gonna go back and look at that.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Check out the picture of this firework. You really have to be there.
Speaker 1: But it's like concerts. It's like the people who filmed the concerts. It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy the moment with your eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Exactly because it's not going to translate and it won't mean it's like one tenth is good. Later, all right, let's speak of Minnesota. Yeah, hey, let's break down the off seasons and the forecasting for the NFC North and the AFC North.
Speaker 3: We're gonna close it out, right, Yeah, So we've.
Speaker 1: Already done all the other divisions and this is our these are our last divisions to do the norths which also I think that you know the key part of this, in addition is getting up to speed on some of the kiopsis moves, is really identifying the players that are getting drafted wrong right now based on current ADP. And let's uh, why don't we start in I don't know, Uh, I want to do Green Bay. Uh sure, I think that that is you, that is me? Yeah, how about Detroit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can go to Detroit.
Speaker 1: To Detroit. They're they're the favored by a mile. They're the Vegas favorite to win.
Speaker 3: The NFC North but wide open in my opinion. But yes, Detroit are the favorites. Those are the times we are living in. It's kind of crazy. The Lions also one of the teams with the most turnover on offense this offseason. Major moves in their backfield. Jamal Williams last year is leading munch down leader. Yeah, Russier gone in New Orleans now. DeAndre Swift trade to the Eagles, So in comes David Montgomery to likely assume the Jamal Williams role, and they drafted rookie Jamier Gibbs with the thirteenth overall pick for major draft capital sunk into Gibbs, who's expected to play this hybrid running back receiver role. I will see how that pans out, but it's really going to be a Montgomery with the early down work. It looks like in Gibbs he'll play most downs, but certainly the third down specialist you would think coming out of the backfield at wide receiver. DJ Shark left via free agency. Back home comes Marvin Jones to the Lions fo year old Marvin Jones. Jamison Williams not really an off season move, but he made a move with his finger on his phone in the facility where he made a bet.
Speaker 1: Yep, And it wasn't even in the facility. I think it was in away game hotel. It's where he plays the bet. And now he's out six.
Speaker 3: But that's considered, you know, like yeah off, you know, that's like a traveling team. But anyway, he'll miss the first six games. We'll talk about the wide receiver situation a little more in a minute or two. Lions also drafted tight end Sam Laporta out of Iowa in the second round. He's expected to either starting tight end going into the season, and Hendon Hooker drafted to back up. Well, I don't know if he's not gonna be the initial backup for Jared Goff, but he's he's an intriguing diynasty Stats twenty twenty four definitely not this year. We won't expect much from Hooker. Will the offense be better or worse than last year? It was top top five offense last year. I'm gonna say about the same. But Jami or Gibbs is a huge update potentially with the Jamison Williams suspension. Granted, he'll missed a lot of last year, but he came on strong at the end of the year. You know you need eight catches THEA. But he'll miss the first six games. But it's not gonna get any worse. We'll put it that way. It's gonna I'll go with better, but it's not going to get worse, even though there's a lot of changes on that offense. To me, the most underdrafted player right now is David Montgomery. I agreed at running back twenty six eighty fourth overall. I mean, Jamal Williams seventeen touchdowns last year, and it's not like Montgomery's automatically slated for seventeen touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He won't get seventeen, but he's gonna he could get double digit. But even if he gets roughly half that, so you put him on nine, that's a touchdown every other game. And then for Montgomery.
Speaker 3: Running back twenty six, I'll take that all day. And Jamior Gibbs the most overdrafted to me at running back fourteen, going forty first overall, you're getting, you know, a fifty percent discount on Montgomery, who I suspect is going to score more touchdowns total, more yards.
Speaker 1: I don't well about the yard I don't agree with you on the yards at all, but I'm with you on the touchdowns and Gibb. What worries me about Gibbs is there's a real path for Gibbs to have like a five touchdown season like DeAndre Swift right where he's not gonna get goal line work. He needs to score from distance, which he'll do a few times. You know, he'll he's gonna Gibbs is going to be a guy that's gonna roll up. It'll have a couple of long runs or whatever, but he's gonna roll up what five ish catches a game for forty yards. So he's gonna get you like nine fantasy points right there on full PPR for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: PPR Dings standard big ding right much. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I just don't think the touchdowns are going to be there for Gibbs to get all the way up to be running back fourteen. But I do think that's in a full PPR. Running Back fourteen to me isn't far off of where he should be.
Speaker 3: No, not in full PPR. No.
Speaker 1: Now let's go to the Vikings off season moves that matter. For the Vikings. They released Adam Thelen replaced him with first round pick Jordan Addison. Theeling by many metrics, took a big step backwards last year, including his cushion rate, his separation rate, yards after catching me, just a lot of things that really suggested Thelon was at the end of a very good career. And then, of course they released Dalvin Cook outright, and they replaced him with nobody knew, but did resign Alexander Madison to a two year deal. We'll talk more about him in a few minutes. This offense will trend similar to last year, when the Vikings finished eighth in points, sixth in yards. Dalvin Cook wasn't great anymore last year, but the overall running back depth chart takes a step back clearly Without Dalvin Cook, the passing game is going to miss the sure hands of feeling, but they gained the big play threat of a young Jordan Addison, which is very exciting. Kirk Cousins will be thirty five this season. Maybe this is the season where he starts to show his age, but we didn't see really any signs of that last year. He looked very much last year like the quarterback he had been for the past several years, and so Kirk still seems like a very safe, bankable guy. So I think this team trends about the same as last year.
Speaker 3: Cousins isn't a guy that I'm concerned about age now.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like it doesn't like.
Speaker 3: When we get into the his late thirties, he feels like a guy w's gonna play itu ttill he's forty, Like, Yeah, I don't know, because he's not a mobile quarterback, so we're not really relying on his yeah athleticism that he's been very reliable in his career so far.
Speaker 1: So the most overdrafted player I think is Alexander Madison, going off the board at running back nineteen sixty first overall, and he certainly enters training camp atop the depth chart at the running back position. But this is way more of an open battle than people realize. Alexander Madison is a lackluster runner by many different metrics. He is as they say, he's a jag. He is just a guy. He's got subpar vision, He's not very good laterally, he's a mediocre receiver. The burst is not particularly notable. There's a lot of things about his game that I find to be very, very average, and I see Madison as the most likely Week one starter. But if he doesn't really produce, I think Kevin O'Connell's going to start working in some of the depth chart guys like ty Chandler and maybe Dwayne McBride who they took late in the draft.
Speaker 3: So I think a lot of teams are going to me mixing in three running backs in the Vikings are certainly one of them. Yeah, people are just assuming Madison's is going to get the old person.
Speaker 1: That he's just gonna take Dalvin Cook's touches.
Speaker 3: I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe I'm not thinking that either.
Speaker 1: The most underdrafted player related to Madison, ty Chandler, you can get him basically free He's going off the board at pick two oh one. He's splashed last year in the preseason, but couldn't get on the field ahead of Cook in Madison. But Cook's gone and now ty Chandler's the sophomore and has the potential to get a lot better. He's the best pass catcher among Viking running backs, and he is a big play home run hitter. Going off the board at running back sixty one right now. So you got a lot of opportunity with ty Chandler as a last pick of your draft dart throw, and he might just turn out to inherit that job from Alexander Madison at some point, maybe early in the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been drafting a lot of ty Chandler.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 3: Brian the Bear's a lot of moves in the office. He's in, not a ton of exciting moves. The most exciting move was they traded the first overall pick to the Panthers for a package including DJ Moore, who's arguably the best wide receiver in Bears history already.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a great question, actually.
Speaker 3: Except Bernard Barry in that one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brandon, what's his Bran Mash had a couple of.
Speaker 3: Good years, but that really hasn't been a ton to talk about the wide receiver position, So yeah, DJ Moore will definitely bolster that pass attack. The Bears also signed former panther Dante Forman, he was in part of that that trade, to a one year deal. We mentioned David Montgomery gone from Chicago, so he will compete for touches with Khalil Herbert who's already in town. And the Bears also drafted running back Roshawn Johnson out of Texas in the fourth round. A guy we like you a lot we know, or a good buddy. Thor loves him. Johnson backed up Bjon Robinson at Texas, and if he wasn't Bijon backup, you know, played somewhere else, he might have gone a lot higher in the draft.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you know, I've watched a bunch of Rochan Johnson in preparation for the draft, and I walked away a lot less impressed than Thor is. But Thor watches a lot more college football than I do, and so I'm willing to kind of give Thor the benefit of the doubt here. He thinks Rochan is just gonna bury Khalil, but I'm an and foreman and for form if he's not even this conversation. So but I'm just I don't know if I feel as confident about that.
Speaker 3: Well, whoever ends up well for all the running backs involved. Another notable not move but draft pick. The Bears got the tenth overall pick among many other picks for trading the first overall pick, and they took offensive tackle Darnell Wright with that pick. So yeah, that's great for their line and I guess it's worth mentioning tight end Robert Tunyan also acquired via free agency, but Cole committed the offense should be better this year with the addition of DJ Moore the offensive or needs name is slipping my mind. It's his second year, it's basically everyone's second year, and the coach staff going in more weapons, better o line, so the offense should be better under justin fields the most underdrafted player by ADP. I was tempted to go with the cheapest running back, who is Forehiman. You think he's dust I do, I don't know I brought the reason, but.
Speaker 1: They also drafted Roshan Johnson for a reason.
Speaker 3: I'm out on this entire backfield. Now, I was, I was on the Rochan train. I was taking my chances there. But of course he's not the clear cut starter, doesn't have a clear cut path. He's gonna compete with Herbert and for him a little bit in my mind, and Justin Fields is gonna take some high quality touches or carries in that offense too. So I'm out on this backfield. So I'm gonna go wide receiver for the most underdrafted player. And no it's not Chase Claypool, who they're not happy with, shockingly awful trade by the way, yeah, or the last pick in the first same thing. Yeah, awful trade. But it's Daryl Mooney and it's more of a best ball angle here. But right now, at wide receiver fifty eight, one hundred and twenty sixth overall, he was getting drafted inside the top twenty four wide receivers last year, people expecting a lot of things, but the he had he got injured almost like halfway through the year. It was just a bad year for him. But the addition to DJ Moore should help him rising tide with almost.
Speaker 1: He's not a number one and he was getting number one coverage last year. Now Moody's gonna get number two coverage. He'll run out of the slot a lot more often. I think there's there's reason to think Mooney could be a a periodic, you know, right, matchup contributor.
Speaker 3: He'll love, He'll love his spike weeks and yeah, he'll be a matchup based for sure. He'll be a take a chance on any player this season without a doubt, and the most overdrafted player. It's tough. I'm just gonna go with Dj Moore wide receiver twenty six. I just looking in that range overalls. Let me pull it up real quick.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess, like Mike Evans is in that ballpark. I'm trying to think other guys that might be, you know, in that range.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christian Kirk is going after him. Brandon Nayuk were high on him, Chris Godwin. These are all guys I'd rather have, Jackson Smith and Jigbityle Lockett. Yes, I'd rather have all of them over DJ Morris. He's my, excuse me, most overdrafted bear and.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be He's gonna be okay. Yeah, and Justin Hurst Fine throws a nice deep ball, and he's gonna have some big downfield plays justin he made justin fields, but he may not be as consistent as wide receiver twenty six would suggest. Let's move over to Green Bay. That's our last NFC North team. The offseason moves that matter really aren't very many, other than obviously you know that Aaron Rodgers left and he took Randall Cobb, Alan Lazard, and Robert Tunyan are all gone to He took Cobb and the Lizard with him. The entire passing game has been really revised here, including new starters at quarterback Jordan Love, wide receiver Jaden Reed taken in the second round that was earlier than people expected. And then they drafted the two tight ends, and this is a bit of an issue for fantasy owners to try to work their way through Luke Musgraven round two and then we've assumed that would be it than round three Tucker Craft, and really both guys are capable pass catchers, and it makes this thing super thorny for fantasy owners.
Speaker 3: E'rely reminiscent of when the Ravens took Cayden Hurst in the first round and then Mark and I like Craft a little more than than must grade. I know you might get into that later.
Speaker 1: I do like Craft, and I'm not gonna get into that.
Speaker 3: He's the more like he's the pass catcher, like he doesn't block. So that's what we love, the fantasy football must graves like the more well rounded. Right, So yep?
Speaker 1: Is this gonna often? Is this offense gonna be worse or better than last year? I really struggled with this. I think they're gonna be a little better, even even with the downgrade presumed downgrade from Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love. But Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing that well.
Speaker 3: I love the Packers this year. I know this is gonna anger our Minnesota base but this isn't This is not reality football.
Speaker 1: Just they're all so cheap they are.
Speaker 3: And I just I think Love is going to shock a lot of people. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And see, Yeah, we've talked about this before. I watched Jordan Love's one full game from two seasons ago, and he was awful. But there were a lot of things working against him in that he didn't know he was going to start until Friday, wasn't taking first team reps. You know, there were lots of things that went wrong with that game. I think Love's going to be okay, and we'll talk more about parts of this, you know, parts of this offense here in a minute or two. Let's talk about the most overdrafted player. And I really struggled with this. I think mostly all the packers that can be had cheaply right now. So I just went with basically the first wider, the first player being taken, and that's Christian Watson.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I guess he is good before Aaron Jones, which is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is. He's going at wide receiver nineteen, pick thirty eight, and I'm intrigued by his upside, right, So the problem for me is not Christian Watson, it's the ADP. There's no discount being built into his ADP, despite the fact that he's got the change of quarterback and so much of his production coming on so few plays. Does let me ask you this, Brian, does any player in all of Fantasy football this year have more upside and downside than Christian Watson?
Speaker 3: Probably? But he's in He's in the top five.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we're extrapolating forty one catches from last year. His rookiear forty one in which he managed to score nine times. And it's gotta be there's nine nine times, there's nine time?
Speaker 3: Hey another movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, you know so, uh yeah it was. It was seven catches and two rushing touchdowns. I believe.
Speaker 3: So he don't forget. Yeah, I know you remember Week one against the very first offense that's off to eighty yard touchdown. That's right, that was right in the red basket.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: You know nine.
Speaker 1: You know, his nine scores came in a four game stretch. I mean we're extrapolating, like for you for wide receiver nineteen to make sense for Christian Watson. You're really taking that four game stretch and going, well, I'm going to bank on something like that happening for a lot of this season. And I don't know if that's I don't know if that's fair to say. Jordan Love might suck. You know, maybe he gets better as a sophomore, or maybe he doesn't. He did not. Christian Watson does not look like a route running technician, Brian. He just doesn't.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 1: He looks like a guy who just runs fast and gets open sometimes. And you know that, can you know that can do things in the NFL, but it doesn't do it regularly and by the and then factor in the injury stuff from his rookie as well, so.
Speaker 3: He got his you know, his bell rung a couple of times, pretty good miss games with concussions issues are.
Speaker 1: Right, So Christian Watson, if you want to bank, if you want to risk Christian Watson, totally cool with that. Just know you're not getting him a discount. And then the underdrafted player, you got a couple of good options. Jaden Reid is go off the board, is wide receiver seventy one, so you can get him very very late, and he was a second or Romeo Dobbs didn't do very much last year, but he's been the darling of OTAs in mini camps. You could bank on him having a better sophomore season, which is very possible. So you know, one of either one of those guys. Dobbs cost a little bit more, but not much. So those are the guys that I think makes sense as underdrafted players. I don't think there's a lot of receiving production that there's a lot of receiving production up for grabs in this offense. And both Reid and Dobbs are possible guys for that. Let's take a quick break, Brian. When we come back, let's turn our attention to the AFC North and find out what we like about those teams. Hang on tight, everybody, Welcome back. Segment number two Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charging Brian Johnson. Guillotine Leagues dot com. We're open for business, baby. Get into a fresh, hot new Guillotine League. Eighteen teams start the season. Every week, the low scoring team gets cut. All the players go to the waiver wire, where it's pandemonium for all the rest of us as we bid on an entire roster's worth of players. All you have to do is not finish last, never finished last. You win the whole thing. It's Guillotine Leagues dot com private leagues for you and your friends between eight and eighteen teams, public leagues if you want to play for prizesgues dot com.
Speaker 3: High stakes super chop contests are filling up sixty of one hundred and forty four and the fifty dollars right now. We ran at least three of those last year, so this the high staker YEP, big money, Sir, I would get in all of them if I was allowed to play, but I am not.
Speaker 1: You are not allowed to play. Great opportunity for those that want a little more upside, financial prizing upside. You can do that at Guillotine leagues dot com. Let's talk about the NFC AFC North.
Speaker 3: How about we start with the Bengals. Do what Yeah, the favorites, Yeah, they are the favorites. Off off season moves that matter. Long time backup running back Sama J. P Ryan signed with Denver and the only notable notable addition to the backfield so far was drafting Chase Brown out of Illinois in the fifth round. We'll talk about that a little more in a minute or two. Tight End Hayden Hurst left for Carolina. He was replaced by IRV Smith on a one year proved deal. If Irv can I stay healthy, yeah, I know. And really people get exit like tight ends just they don't really need it in uh Cincinnati, they got enough wide receivers there to I don't know. Tight ends haven't done anything in Cincinnati since Tyler Eifert and that was many, many years ago, and that was only for like a year or two. But not too excited about IRV Smith. But you can get him on the cheap if you willing, if you're willing to go there. At lastly, the Bengals added to that wide receiver room. I dis mentioned drafting Charlie Jones and andre Io sevus Io. I don't know iOS I v a Io Savas. He's a little intriguing. They're both intriguing dynasty stashes. Andre out of Princeton, I believe six ' four, like two twenties. He's an intriguing prospect. But you know he's playing at Princeton, so he was right. The competition wasn't great, But again those are just late round dynasty stashes. Will the offense be better or worse than last year? Gotta go with better. Jamar Chase missed significant called significant time five six games last year, he says healthy. I know there's Joe Mixon, is I think as we speak having some legal proceedings going on with his We won't get into this.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the storyline of Joe Mixon to me, is like, unless there was an undisclosed injury of real significance to Joe Mixon, dude doesn't have it anymore. You know, the end for running backs comes fast. Why they didn't do more to backfill his position to me is mysterious, and maybe they have more confidence in him and they know why he didn't look good. But just the eye test line to your Brian, Joe Mixon looked plotting.
Speaker 3: As of right now, he is the starter. He's not my most Well, we'll get to my most overdrafted player in manteal sort of my most underdrafted player. This is hard because you know you're not gonna say Jamar Chase is underdrafted, or you can't.
Speaker 1: Because he's like third off the board.
Speaker 3: They all seem to be going in the right spot. But I'm on with Joe Burrow. I mean, he's not going late, but he's going to his quarterback five forty fifth overall, significantly later than the big three Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, and Lamar Jackson. But he shouldn't been going three rounds later than the big three, in a round later than l Jackson. He was one of three quarterbacks with at least six games with three plus passing touchdowns last season. He was on his way to the seventh game YEA. In that Bengals game, they opened it with a touchdown to T Higgins, which had taken off the board, as did the whole game, so he lost a game there. Do you remember how man rushing touchdowns burrowhead last year? I won't take a guess, three, five, fourth, Most of them quarterbacks. They don't want him to run, that's all. He got hurt a couple of years ago. But he can. Yeah, and I just think his instinct takes over for him and he takes off if he.
Speaker 1: Feels another year off that acl He's still young, so he's gonna have a little bit of mobility.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna like bootleg him from the Novalve, but if needed, he's he can do it. He's mobile, that's for sure. So I went with Joe Burrow and my most overdrafted player. I wasn't gonna go mixing RB fifteen. I don't know he's he's not in his prime. I agree with you there. I don't know if he's fully cooked, but he appears like he's gonna be the starting running back, So I'm okay with where he's at right now.
Speaker 1: Joe Mixon could get to RB fifteen. I think Brian just by being the starting running back for the Cincinnati Banks.
Speaker 3: Right and if he he might rekindle some of his good years. Who knows well, but he's not. He's not overdrafted in my mind where he's going right now. So I went with Chase Brown. I mean, he's going late RB fifty nine, pick one two, But I don't know the Bengals as of right now, we still haven't had any of these big free agent running backs. Final it's weird.
Speaker 1: Zeke still out there, Koreans still out there, Alvin Coarnett, Dalvin Cook. Farnett's never playing again.
Speaker 3: I don't you think so. Nope, done. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants them.
Speaker 3: Everybody's in pretty good shape, but everyone wants But I don't know. I just don't bite into Chase Brown being the number two or just being the guy. If something would happen to mix and someone's coming to town, and so I'm just not that you're the one hundred and ninety second overall pick. It's not the end of the world you take Chase Brown. But I just I think there's something better, a better player you can draft with that spot.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Cleveland Browns. The offseason moves that matter. They added wide receiver Elijah Moore, who was on the outs with the Jets, and they had Jets and invested in other players at wide receiver. He likely starts as the slot receiver, and they also added rookie receiver Cedric Tillman in the third round they lost. That was the only ads of note really.
Speaker 3: Quickly on Eliza or who I It was one of the best touchdown celebrations ever and he got flagged for it in college when he did the dog you know, he like lifted up his leg.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: But he can do that now because he's he'll be like in the dog pound, so he shouldn't get flagged like that beeing like a dog.
Speaker 1: So just recognizing the fan base exactly. They lost quarterback Jacoby Brissett, they lost running back Kareem Hunt, running back Deerness Johnson, and replaced those runners with nobody. Jerome Ford is your backup to Nick Chubb and Chubb without Dearness Johnson, without Kareem Hunt, Chubb could be sitting on a career high in total touches for any one season that he's had so far.
Speaker 3: Ford will work in. Ford has gone pre draft his ADP free.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now he's running back fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going like he's cracking. He's pushing the top one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Well, he's going after the word right now, one sixty as a matter of fact. And he's my most underdrafted player. So it'll get right to that. Right now, you get the undisputed backup to Nick Chubb. When you draft Jerome Ford, Nick Chubb typically gets dinged up for you know, at least a few games, and he probably gets mixed in in a Kareem Hunt like role this year. Now, Jerome Ford only had eight rushes last year as a rookie. He was the team's primary kick returner, so he got some action there. So I went and looked at more of what Jerome Ford did.
Speaker 3: In college Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Right Cincinnati, that's exactly right where he set the all time Cincinnati record with nineteen touchdowns in his senior year. Now, he'd started his college career at Alabama, couldn't get on the field, which is understandable there, so goes to Cincinnati and all he does is lead the acc and rushing, so you know, the kids got a little something and he can catch a bit. He had twenty one receptions as a senior and you don't handle kick return duties unless you've got some hands. So Jerome Ford, I think walks into that. Kareem Hunt roll and Kareem Hunt over the last few years is generally taken off the board. It like running back thirty five awards, running back fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I loved Ford. I was drafting him a lot prior to the NFL Draft last year, looking at his skill set in college, and it was just a brutal landing spot last year in Cleveland. Yes, he was just buried behind three other guys. But now, yeah, I'm there's no other without a question, the most underd drafted player. Still know he's surging. It's still he's still too cheap.
Speaker 1: Jerome Ford, but just running style, compact runner. He's a little shorter, with what I found to be a very gritty running style and really good footwork. The footwork is the stuff that I really liked watching him at Cincinnati. This offense probably gets a little better because of the presumed improvement of Deshaun Watson, even though Watson was in every category of statistical downgrade from Jacoby Brissette, who was better for the first half of those games. I think it was week eleven or twelve where I was twelve where Deshaun Watson took over, and the Browns continue to have arguably the best offensive line in the league. So you know that is all great.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: I'll note this Browns have the easiest schedule in the NFL, so that will help. Based on last year's win percentage, the most overdrafted player to me Deshaun Watson going off the board at quarterback nine eighty second. Overall, there's just not enough value baked into his ADP to offset the lackluster six games he played last year and his whole year away from the game in twenty twenty one. And sure, I get it. He was a top five fantasy quarterback in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, and twenty twenty. Man, that feels like a long time ago, Brian, Yeah, that was a long time ago. So here is Deshaun Watson in year seven of his NFL career, seven, mind you, And what if after seven years he's lost some of his rushing prowess. Because the way that Deshaun Watson was getting into the top five in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen to twenty twenty was because of his running if he's not a dual threat quarterback, if you're just relying on his arm in those years twenty eighteen to twenty, in twenty eighteen to twenty twenty two, so you know a twenty eighteen to twenty twenty in those years he passed for twenty six touchdowns, twenty six touchdowns and thirty three touchdowns. Those are David Carr numbers. So ask yourself for this in year seven, are you sure Deshaun Watson is a mobile quarterback who's gonna get designed rushing plays from Kevin Stefanski who has no history of doing that. Now, granted doesn't have hasn't had that kind of quarterback, but do you know he's gonna get the rushing designed rushing usage that makes Deshaun Watson the ninth best quarterback in Fantasy football?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, that price is too steep. I'd gladly wait. Basically, you can wait two rounds and get a Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Gino Smith. Yep, take them two rounds later. All day long, we'll be tailor to Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Baltimore.
Speaker 3: The more all right off season moves that matter, Todd, don't call me Art. Monkin replaces Greg Roman as offensive coordinator, which is huge because Roman was run heavy. Todd Munkin's an air raid disciple type guy, so we can expect a lot more passing in Baltimore or something that we basically never seen since they moved from Cleveland. The teams like they've always been a very run heavy team, so should be exciting to see what newly acquired wide receiver Odell Beckham Junior can do. Signed a one year deal, A massive one year deal, by the way, like fifteen million dollars. A lot of money sunk into OBJ. We'll see how much getter he has left in the tank. And they also signed Nelson Aguilar. I'll make a quick mention of that, but he's easily fought off it on the depth chart. Baltimore also drafted wide receivers A Flowers with the twenty second overall pick. He figures to work out at the slot for the most part, with Beckham and Rashad Bateman working the outside. Will the offense be better or worse than Land last year? Gotta go with better. JK. Dobbins will be two years removed from major knee injury. We'll talk about him a little more in a second. And again, Todd, Todd Mounkin should just you know, it should be more diverse offense, more passing. Uh So for fantasy purposes, we're gonna go with better. Yep.
Speaker 1: So the projection that question, I think that in my mind is all right. So is Lamar Jackson going to get as many rushes? You know, because that was a staple of Great Romans offense, And credit Great Roman for unlocking that by making all these designed running plays for his quarterback when nobody was doing that. But I don't I'm worried that Jackson's going to take a step back in the in terms of the designed running place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you there, probably won't be in as many designed running plays, but he'll still get his unbroken plays. But yeah, he's gotten he's gotten hurt in the past couple of years, and uh now.
Speaker 1: They got a massive financial investment that they need to keep healthy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm with you there. But again, if he makes up for it with him extra ten passing touchdowns will take that over losing a couple hundred rushing yards and a couple of rushing touchdowns. My most underdrafted player. We've talked about him a lot. JK. Dobbins running back eighteen fifty seventh overall just just seems way too late. We were talking about Jamior Gibbs earlier going off the board a running back fourteen. I prefer Dobbins all day over Gibbs this year in any format, even even full PPR. So you gotta love Dobbins prospects two years removed from the ACL or MCL. I can't recall which cl it was, but he looked good towards the end of last year, even though they weren't giving him the ball enough really, and he was upset about that. So hopefully that squeaky wheel carries over into this season and well his.
Speaker 1: New squeaky wheels. JK. Dobbins wants to get paid, Like, dude, you haven't done anything in two years. You've got hurt and then you played hurt and you've not done anything. Shut up and go play on the last year of your deal.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully you'll prove it. I think he will that. Yeah, well it's tough for any going back to get paid these days, right, but it is. I'm I'm essentially all in on Dobbin's at this price I've I've been drafted with Tona just seems like too much of a value right now.
Speaker 1: And I think and by the way, I always I always throw Gus Edwards, inject Gus Edwards into these conversations whenever I can. Also coming off the year off of a c L he's free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's free, and.
Speaker 1: You can you know, and I still think he's there's there's something there.
Speaker 3: He's underdrafted. Really, almost everyone is underdrafted on Baltimore. I don't really have an overdrafted player. I guess you kind of talked me into Lamar Jackson because I was just saying Joe Burrow was going underdrafted. He's going after Jackson. But I still love Lamar, But yeah, the design running probably does come down. I wanted to go with Odell Beckham, but he's not going like in the third, fourth round.
Speaker 1: He's people are being rational on where they're taking back up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all the wide receivers or the other two Bateman and Zay Flowers before round nine, so they're they're at the value you're not gonna argue against where Mark Andrews is getting drafted. Isaiah Isaya likely was an underdrafted candidate too. He's going way too late if something were to happen to Andrews. I mean, he's gonna play wide receiver too, even man now.
Speaker 1: But the problem is they Zay Flowers is going to is going to work out of the slot a lot, and that's where I wanted Isaiah likely to be a stand up slot.
Speaker 3: But uh, he's certainly not overdrafted. So again, really, no one is getting overdrafted for Baltimore. So I'll go with the most expensive guy, and that's Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: It is, although I think Mark Andrews could be going ahead him in some leagues. He isn't guillotine leagues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in one quarter battle the guillotine leagues, is.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, well yeah, Andrews X is going the second round of guillotine leagues because people have figured out you have to have a tight ended well Andrews is going before Jackson.
Speaker 3: And that's one quarterback league. Step two, non guillotine.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Pittsburgh. The offseason moves that matter are basically none because they did virtually nothing, and adding Alan Robinson does not count. Heay does not count. Dude is so done.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I will say they put a first rounder in the offensive line, which is awesome, Broderick Jones. And they also added longtime Eagles guard I excuse me, Isaac Sayumalo, So that was a very nice gain for them. So I like what their offensive line, which we've we've dumped on the Steers offensive line for like three years now, it looks like it's finally been addressed to the point where it's not this massive, glaring negative. So I think the offense will almost certainly get better because they ranked twenty thirteen yards and twenty sixth and points last year, so I feel like they had almost nowhere to go but up. And Kenny Pickett total wild card here. I did not like almost anything I saw from last year. How do you get seven passing touchdowns in fourteen games in this in this version of the NFL that is leather helmet style production from Kenny Pickett. You figure, though he'll regress the mean and touchdowns and some touchdowns that come along. And but I also didn't like his his yards per attempt second shortest in the league. That's not good. We need downfield passing. The most underdrafted player by ADP George Pickens. I'm really intrigued here, Brian wide receiver forty seventy fifth off the board. Who's the who is the most talented receiver on this team? Is it clearly Deontay Johnson going at wide receiver thirty one? I don't think so. George Pickens in You're two. He had eight hundred yards as a rookie, and Deontay Johnson just is not a wide receiver one. He is not a He is not built to be the focal point of a passing game. This team wants and needs George Pickens to be that guy. His twenty six percent air yard share was huge because there's no other downfield threats on this team. When they want to go downfield, they gotta go to Pickens. He had those incredible highlight catches you saw last year. I mean that's not fluky stuff. Pickens has crazy catch radius and hands. He's already one of the best contested receivers in the league. Also an elite run blocker, which does not equal fantasy points, but it does keep you on the field.
Speaker 3: And for those who don't know, Pickens was a rookie last year, could have been the first rookie or first wide receiver taken in last year's draft, but he got hurt in like spring ball at Georgia, and he came back for like the National championship game. So he essentially missed his whole senior year. But he'll be fully healthy going into this year.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, ask you this, and so Kenny Pickett had seven passing touchdowns last year. Let's say Kenny Pickett gets twenty, which is still awful by the NFL standards. Well, let's just say he gets twenty touchdowns. Deontae Johnson at zero last year. How many of those twenty go to go to George Pickens?
Speaker 3: At least a third of them?
Speaker 1: I mean this, he's sitting on eight ten touchdowns almost automatically.
Speaker 3: Eight or ten, but six or seven I think'll take that with a thousand yards, I think.
Speaker 1: So the most overdrafted player by you know, and you can tell by the way I'm talking about it, Deontay Johnson, And I know that he's coming off of zero touchdowns seasons here like where was this last year? But it's he's just not the dude. And of course he's gonna not score zero touchdowns this year. But everybody there's all the fantasy experts Brian are going one hundred and forty four targets and zero touchdowns. Man, when he has one hundred and forty four targets next year, you know that numbers could be eight touchdowns. He's gonna regress to the mean. Well, guess what he ain' getting a hundred forty four targets this year?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Deontay Johnson is not the number one receiver in Pittsburgh. It's George Pickens. Deontay Johnson is the short These short passes don't equal fantasy points. I see his targets here dropping massively. Johnson reminds me of Jarvis Landry, an annual fantasy disappointment because of his painfully low air yards. And Johnson was sixtieth in a dot among wide receivers, fifty third in yards per route run. He just doesn't get the ball down field. And that's what you need out of your fantasy wide receivers. Deandrey Johnson's dead to us.
Speaker 3: Alan Robinson not dead to me. And when I say that he's a last round start throw these days, but he was getting open last year. Matthew Stafford was not throwing to him. For whatever reason, play.
Speaker 1: Had Cooper Cup, he got hurt, two got hurt, hibout the same time.
Speaker 3: So Alan Robinson not dust yet, sadly, can you pick it might be the best quarterback he's played with because he didn't really get to play with Matt Stafford a whole lot last year. Staff was hurt.
Speaker 1: Just but here's the thing. The Rams need another receiver and they let they let him walk. They got him out of his contract so he could go elsewhere. They should have they would have kept him because after Cooper Cup, that depth chart falls apart in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're also you know, they're like quiet rebuilding, like quiet quitting, quiet rebuilding. My mind, I don't know that's they need to get rid of Al Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say the Vikings are doing a unspoken rebuild, which I believe they are right now. Thanks for listening, everybody. You can get my all my play rankings and cheat sheets at at Guillotine leagues dot com and my my basic cheat sheet is available for free. The premium ones only ten bucks and it's got tons of great data useful for a Guillotine League or not. And new mobile app coming very very soon. We're doing our final bits of testing on it now and we're going to launch that and it is glorious. We encourage you to check that out too. Thanks for listening, everybody, talk to you soon. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.