Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and dictating and he arms one.
Speaker 3: From studio scene. See we are in a dimly lit room to put them the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound on little Friday. You can smell the weekend from here. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: Senor Nicholas Maduro, who dat Maduro.
Speaker 4: The unelected dictator of Venezuela. Okay, and thanks for getting spicier and spicier between the.
Speaker 2: US and the Venezuelans.
Speaker 4: Giving in mind those were Venezuelan drug runner boats allegedly that Trump and company blew out of the water, and things are about to get spicier, you think, yeah, that's certainly moving in that direction, Okay, and warranted in your opinion.
Speaker 2: In a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would require a long answer. The drug boat thing I still consider a little iffy, honestly. But the idea that we would just sit by and permit a cross high communist mob dictatorship to run a big country right across the Caribbean from US and flood US with gang members and drugs and the rest of it. Why not project American power. I know that sort of thinking is a little out of favor these days, but I say do it.
Speaker 3: I don't suppose you can claim it's just for political reasons, because I don't feel like Venezuelan drug policy in their country is high in a lot of people's lists of topics every single day of their lives.
Speaker 4: Well, and if eight percent of Americans knew what was going on between us and Venezuela right now, I would be shocked.
Speaker 2: No way, it's a high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, and there's some major stuff going on. We've assembled the ships and groups of marines and a weaponry in the Caribbean ready to go. Go do what is not clear?
Speaker 2: Well, that's exciting. We'll have more. So it needs to be done. Nuts what.
Speaker 3: We'll have more on that story later, obviously. You know, my one of my favorite stories from yesterday is and I think this is being reported completely wrong. As a matter of fact. Play this is not our opening clip. Play this, Michael, it's the This.
Speaker 2: Is an unofficial early clip. I saw it just a minute ago. Where did I put it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Play twelve this. This was broadcast at airports across the country. You don't have twelve yet, Okay, it's on the list. So yesterday multiple airports a friendly, free free Palstine.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can cut it off. So that's what it sounded like.
Speaker 3: It was a f Netanyahu and Trump free free Palestine broadcast at multiple airports across the country. And every report I'm I'm hearing they get into the you know netnya who is actually trying to help the palaestin No, no, no, no. The story here is that some numb nuts were able to hack into multiple airports at the same time, and they put on the screens in the airport the same message.
Speaker 2: That's the story to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, given what we were talking about the last several days and China being able to hack and everything China, what if you know, as part of the takedown, the water plants turn off the cell phone towers all of a sudden, all our airports across the country. You got who knows what message being broadcast over the loudspeaker, and all the TVs say something.
Speaker 4: Both the Russians and the Chinese one of their top goals is spread divisiveness, get Americans at each other's throats. It's their unity that is their strength. So they've got to threaten that. Isn't that the head fear our unity more than they feel fear our weapons.
Speaker 2: But isn't that the headline out of that story?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Somebody, Yes, I assume it's a low level, like mad college kids or something. We're able to hack into multiple airports and broadcast stuff through the loudspeakers of the airport man and put it on the screens.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. How are we that vulnerable? Why?
Speaker 4: I guess I'm not that I'm not as shocked as you are. Just because jackasses chanting idiot slogans in a handful of airports, that's all right.
Speaker 3: No, through the they got a hold the loudspeaker machine that was a recorded message so they could run. So China could have hacked in there and said off lights are canceled and put up on the screen.
Speaker 2: Off cats. Imagine the chaos would you would be? Would cause?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's true. Run for your lives that sort of thing. God, how are we? I wonder how many of our systems are this hackable?
Speaker 2: All of them? All of them?
Speaker 3: Just like the story ons in sixty minutes. It's from Sunday night. You know, your local water plant depending on the city you live in. It's just like any any numbnuts with the slightest skill apparently could hack into that and turn the water to poison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would love to see some sort of pie chart pie about you know what percentage of our systems are absolutely hardcore, state of the art, practically unhackable.
Speaker 2: How many are that second tier?
Speaker 4: Then how many of them are the really a child could hack into this? And then then there's probably a pretty decent chunk that are like completely unprotected. We don't even have a password here. John's County water Processing right.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently enough airports are that one category of even a child could do it, and our water plants and everything else.
Speaker 2: So people are gonna start sending birthday wishes, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not sad pranks, because then everybody's gonna want it pranks. I'm fine with China, Russia and Iran doing whatever they want to do is part of another attack I'm not fine with anyway. I hope we pay attention to that, uh and do something about it. The New York City's having their mayoral debate tonight, their first general election mayoral debate where mam Dami the Kami will be up there against Cuomo the groper and uh, what's his name in the break? Really the least of his sins?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding, And I love you unwanted sexual advances, which gives you an idea of the guy's character. But my god, could there be a worse matchup? Hasn't there been a wor worse mash up in American political history for.
Speaker 2: A race at that level? Boy, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: An Islamist communist versus a groping old people killing lion mobster. Yeah, excel all.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's a heck of a choice.
Speaker 3: And normally I hate when national media talks about this sort of thing, because you know, we all don't all live in New.
Speaker 2: York like you do.
Speaker 3: But I definitely think the mum Dami thing is going to have a tail all across the country.
Speaker 4: Things that he's oh garin ted. Yeah, I can't wait to play the clips tomorrow. By the way, I figured out how to consistently pronounce his name correctly.
Speaker 2: Uh, which is Mumdanni And that is.
Speaker 4: Your brother Donnie is asking you or just told you we're having steak for dinner and you say, who told you that? And he says, and then I would say, Mom, Donnie, I got the characters wrong. But you get the point. Who Donnie would ask me who told you that?
Speaker 2: Mom? Donnie?
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go. Now see now I don't forget. But I like Mundami because the rhymes with kami.
Speaker 2: So that's that's why I like that better. The judges will allow it. Mana Donnie was nice.
Speaker 3: Try Letitia you half with, Uh, that's funny. So yeah, so we got all those stories going on. We should start the show officially before we get in trouble with the FCC. Oh what the let's see that the Transportation secretary he's going to do to California.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting story I can tell you about after this.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe get on this. It is Thursday, October sixteenth, year twenty twenty five, or Armstrong in getting and.
Speaker 2: We approve of this program. And one more side note.
Speaker 4: There are actually a couple of other stories, including the IRS is going to take a serious look at leftist political groups and see whether they're living up to their tax exempt status.
Speaker 2: It is a huge story.
Speaker 4: But in the blizzard of activity coming out of the Trump administration. You just got to figure out which stuff you can get to and which you don't have time to get to it. It's really amazing the level of action. Okay, so let's begin chronicling it as only we can precisely according the FCC rules.
Speaker 2: Rags at mark.
Speaker 1: Regime change may or may not be on the table. But the president says, the US is at war with Venezuelan drug traffickers.
Speaker 3: We are certainly looking at land now because we've got to see very well under control.
Speaker 1: Just yesterday, the Pentagon launched another strike on an alleged drug boat off Venezuela's coast. This is the fifth such strike in recent weeks that have killed more than twenty suspected narco terrorists in international waters.
Speaker 3: On One of the headlines out of yesterday was Trump has authorized CIA activity in the country of Venezuela, including the wet work, as they say in the business wet work, potential lethal activities. It's not the first time the CIA is messed around south of our border and various things.
Speaker 2: Announcing it's about a bit of a twist.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought was interesting that so Trump often gets beat up because he says things out loud that we've done many, many times with different administrations. It's kind of like the targeting of political opponents. Lots of presidents have done that in different ways with their Justice Department. Trump just says it out loud, which obviously is another step down the road, and.
Speaker 4: Or it could be a loud and clear message to Maduro that look, if you haven't gotten the idea by now, we are not playing.
Speaker 2: We are serious. We're about to give you a phone call.
Speaker 4: You take the call, and you get ready to do some serious negotiating.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was reading piece yesterday, was speculating on how Mexican cartels, which are big businesses. This isn't like you know, venezuela style drug running. These cartels are giant corporations bringing in billions of dollars, and how they're reacting to this or adjusting or wondering when when their time is coming.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: So that's a good story. Oh, I wanted to mention the English thing briefly. We'll do more details on this, but Secretary Duffy of the Transportation Department, he is going to withhold a whole bunch of money from California, because he says California is the only state in the country that doesn't enforce the English only truck driver thing that is supposed to be the law. You can't give driver's licenses to truck drivers unless they can read and speak English, and we do it all the time in California. I don't know if you've noticed all of our road signs are in English, for instance.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that's that's an interesting one. We got lots to get to.
Speaker 3: I got mail bag on the way for a reason we can explain at some point, I suppose, and lots of news today, so hope you can stigre around. Here's our text line four one five nine five k FTC. A lot of things I'm looking at excited about talking about today, and usually I'm not. Usually just going through the motions, don't really want to be here, but today plenty of things actually excited to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So a quick explanation of the change of schedule. We're doing our freedom loving quote of the day and mailbag here and then Katie will do the headlines in the next half hour, so as I Joe need to jet off for a band in my show and it's time of need for more pleasure. Yeah, I wish it was a minor skin cancer procedure. It's not the scary kind, it's the get it in time and your fine kind. So anyway, I apologize for having skin cancer. I will be back in a couple of hours, God willing. So anyway, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I have gone with a pair from So Sue, a great Chinese warrior and thinker, because we are at cyber war with China at this point. We're at psychological war with them, or they are with us anyway, and we're damn near at a trade war with them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about how legitimate it was to say that. And if you are in the processes of in the process of moving your forces positioning them to attack, aren't you already at war as one of the parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. So I just looked up Sun Sue because.
Speaker 3: You hear from cyberwise there are one hundred percent doing that. You hear from Sun Zu regularly and quotes are often brilliant. And I just chat gpt'd what year did he write this stuff?
Speaker 2: Five hundred BC. Wow, it's amazing. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's right there with human nature never changes anyway. Here your freedom of the quotes of the day from Sun Su two of them. The supreme art of war is to have subdued the enemy without fighting, which is what they are trying to do cyber psychologically, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And then this one.
Speaker 4: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of one hundred battles. I'm afraid that one of our great faults here is that we don't know ourselves.
Speaker 2: You remember the way we used to be.
Speaker 3: And we have a decent enough idea of China, but not a good one like we were talking about yesterday.
Speaker 4: They're psychological warfare tactics. Nobody's talking about it. They're doing it as hard as they can, as fully as they can right now through social media and other means.
Speaker 2: That, ladies and gentlemen, is Joe Getty cold warrior.
Speaker 4: Thank you, we have that handy. That was some good Hanson did it the end anyway? A mailbagoo, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com on the topic of the idiotic six and craze among the youngsters. Steve and Eugene Oregon WTF. This is why I deleted all my social media accounts. Like you guys, I was born and lived a good portion of my life pre computer, pre cell phone, pre internet, pre social media. I figure I can manage up most without most of that. Just fine, that's a I'm going to go read a book, a paper book.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I understand doing that.
Speaker 3: But are you committed to just giving up on the next generations of people.
Speaker 2: Giving up on their crazes? I think you would say uh. And the truth is, unless you are a school teacher, you'd.
Speaker 3: Never bump up against this stuff, really unless you had kids in that age, right, your parent obviously right. Ricky writes, how long before the Democrats make some sort of cringey video with the six seventh thing?
Speaker 4: Ricky, The answer to that is three two one. It just got posted to the internet af As the kids might say, let's see, this is a drew the millennial guys. Elon's whole shtick that his life's mission is to save humanity is a bunch of crap. First, if you're concerned with declining population birth rates, then you wouldn't be focused on creating AI sex bots for people to have intimate relationships with I think it's just his cover for making dozens of kids that he doesn't have to raise.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it's dozens plural. Elon's not committed to making AI sex bots, sexy companions yeah, sexy, Yeah, yeah, the chat companions he's just started. That second is obsession with colonizing Mars. Mars, the peak of Mount Everest is infinitely more hospitable to humans than Mars is or could ever be. Also, what it isn't a two hundred and thirty million miles space rocket ride away. We'll all be dead long before we made Earth half as inhospitable to humans as Mars is. So how the hell does it make any sense to try to start a new civilization on a planet that's all already way worse than the Earth would ever be. Why not just endeavor to improve the Earth? I just think he likes putting his name on giant phallic objects. Well, his argument is any species that wants to survive in the universe needs to be multiplanetary. Yeah, you can't just live on one planet because you will either destroy yourself.
Speaker 2: Or it will get destroyed.
Speaker 4: I too, am highly skeptical of that philosophy. But let's see Steve Wrights. You know how the Democrat left media always phrases, always talks about voter fraud. They always qualify it is there is no widespread voter fraud. Technically, in that regard, they are correct. The problem is, you don't need widespread voter fraud to cause mischief. If you look across the country, you can identify specific counties in specific states where the vote will be very close. If it flips one way or the other, it makes a huge difference in the outcome in a congressional or presidential election. Target your vote fraud to a few votes in those counties. Flip the county by a few votes, flip the state, flip the election. There was no widespread voter fraud. Repeat as needed, based on this story out of Minnesota that they're now giving driver's licenses to illegals, just like California, who can show those driver's licenses and vote.
Speaker 3: Getting back to that Elon thing, it's funny with the AI stuff. I worry about the next couple generations. I don't worry about humanity five hundred years from now. It doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 2: The good luck, good luck.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I didn't have time to fully make my thought makes sense before we went to break.
Speaker 2: So we were talking.
Speaker 3: About AI and then where we regularly talk about AI as everyone should, and Elon's idea on trying to get to Mars to have a multi planetary species because he thinks we're gonna destroy Earth or whatever. I don't worry about that one for so So I do worry about AI because I care about my kids' lives and their kids' lives. So I don't want to just, you know, say well, what are you going to do? Live the rest of my life about it? Because I want to have some influence over this maybe if I can in what way for the next generation or two. But in terms of the Earth mankind destroying itself from five.
Speaker 2: Hundred years whatever, I don't care. I just who cares. That's so far away. I just I can't imagine wrapping my head around that whatever.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're doing this new feature with the Katie headline thing where I do a joke. Yes, this one's slightly different structure than the riddles of the last several days, all right, And that I had one of those deals the other day where somebody's waving at you and you can't tell if they're waving at you or the person behind you. And other news, I lost my lifeguard job. Very good, come on, very good. Okay, let's ig know what the headlines are with Katie Green.
Speaker 2: The news lady. I don't know a big time wise ass.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's dramatic, Katie, Katie the news lady, big time Why that ass?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are people you see in other news? I lost my lifeguard job. You see you're a terrible lifeguard?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: That was good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Someone drowned right? Wow? That that hurts the humor. Okay, so what are the headlines?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Starting with NBC News, Hamas says it needs more time to recover the hostages remains.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the announcement this morning was they said they've returned everybody they can, so there are nineteen still left.
Speaker 2: Right. It kind of ruins the whole return all the bodies.
Speaker 3: If there were twenty two to return and nineteen of them, you say we got we got nothing. So I don't know what happens now.
Speaker 5: You would think that that would have been brought up in the meeting too, like do you know where they are for starters?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, or they misled the people they are negotiating with or something.
Speaker 2: But man, that so this is gonna be a huge sticking point. Right from the Washington Post.
Speaker 5: Judge orders Trump administration to pause all shut down layoffs.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the one judge makes a ruling for everybody thing, and then a different judge will to say a different thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine.
Speaker 5: ABC man suspected of starting Palisades fire indicted on federal charges and faces forty five years in prison.
Speaker 2: That should be longer than that. That'll light that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be some trial to follow as the details come out on that crazy person from.
Speaker 2: The Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 5: AI data centers desperate for electricity are.
Speaker 2: Building their own power plants. Yeah.
Speaker 3: As we've talked about before, one of the underappreciated things about AIS how much energy it takes for some reason, and I haven't got the slightest idea why, but it takes gazillions of a watts of energy that no town or state is prepared for. And so the smart people like Zuckerberg or Elon or Sam Altman or whoever to start these big AI planes are having to come up with their own power sources too.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Zuckerberg. From the Associated.
Speaker 5: Press, Meta removes ice tracking Facebook page in Chicago at request of.
Speaker 3: The Justice Department. Okay, yeah, so Apple. Last week, remember we reported that they took the app out of their app store for tracking ice agents, and now Facebook is playing along too.
Speaker 5: From the New York Times, the Pentagon is blocking out news organizations.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We didn't talk about this yesterday. I was just reading in Mark Calprin's newsletter. He thinks this is the first war on the media that Trump is going to lose because there are a lot of people on the right who are not happy about this development, with the Pentagon not being as transparent as it ought to be.
Speaker 2: So we can talk more about that later. This one from the New York Post.
Speaker 5: Florida team arrested for staging his abduction and shooting himself as a hoax ignites a frantic search.
Speaker 2: Wow, he actually shot himself. He shot himself. How wounded did he get?
Speaker 5: It was, you know, a surface wound. But still, my god, desperate for attention.
Speaker 2: That's rough. Oh my god? Raising teenagers? Good lord? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 5: From TMZ porn site offering fans crude and uncommon sexual device giveaway in honor of Big Dumper.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the catcher for the Mariners, the Big Dumper. But you're gonna hear a lot more about because I think they're headed to the World Series.
Speaker 5: All right, But we have this porn site offering fans a crude and uncommon sexual device in a giveaway in honor of the Big Dump.
Speaker 2: If I want to go further down that road of what that is, some call it a Chuck Schumer if you will.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh yeah, we got we gotta what's your next headline?
Speaker 5: Prep study finds we did one similar to this with your mental ability, but this one saying people hit their functional peak at sixty according to research.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, it's all downhill from here, Jack.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I'm what not eight months past by prime? Oh yeah, sim to give me that story. I want to talk about that later. I love those kind of stories of like, whatever it is, how many push ups you should be able to do, whatever age, or what puzzles you should be able to solve, or whatever like that, so everybody can kind of check and see how they're doing with their aging.
Speaker 5: And finally, this one from the Babylon Bee Exhausted government employees hoping to go back to work soon so they can get some rest.
Speaker 3: I have a friend who works for the government, and she has really been enjoying her vacation doing all.
Speaker 2: Kinds of different stuff like she's on a vacation.
Speaker 3: Although people are going to start missing paychecks any day now. Depends on who you work for and what your situation is, but the paychecks are gonna actually be missed. You get caught up. Usually you get caught up once the shutdown ends. But if you're living in a situation where you need each paycheck to make your house payment, car payment, whatever, that could be quite a strain. And that's gonna start hitting really next week, so there'll be a lot more pressure on both sides. I supposed to end this ridiculous shutdown, And that is the entirety of what I'm going to say about the shutdown, because it is not a topic that I care to talk about much. There's a possibility we can talk to your dad later, do I understand, Katie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to give him a call if you'd like.
Speaker 3: So. Katie's dad was a judge for many, many years, but we found out the other day that he also had a job previous in his life as an Embalmer An Embalmer, Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: He was a paramedic for a funeral home, so he would go pick up the bodies, bring him back, embalm them, spend the night there and dress.
Speaker 2: Them and dress them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I want to ask about. How do you put the socks on a corpse? He has the answer for that, fantastic, So maybe we'll get to that later in the show. Thank you, Katie. It is Cybersecurity's awareness Month. That should be every month of the year. How many times is somebody trying to hack you? I don't know about me, but my cell phone, my email, my everything, there's always somebody coming at me. And that's the ones I catch all kinds of cyber threats out there. You can protect yourself with Webroot total protection like we have. The all in one solution offers lightning fast anti virus, identity theft protection, secure VPN and unlimited cloud backup and the With Webroot, you're covered from every single angle up to a million dollars in fraud expense reimbursement twenty four to seven US based customer support.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 3: Have ten people in your family, you know, your extended family, all on one account, which is pretty handy. So change your October from cyber scaritiest CyberSecure with sixty percent off Webroot Total Protection at webroot dot com slash Armstrong. This limited time offer is only available at webroot dot com slash Armstrong. Don't let cyber threats haunt you this October, get Webroot Total Protection and enjoy peace of mind all year round. I was thinking about that today when I got up this morning. I don't know about all y'all, but you know, I checked my email and there's I don't know a third of the emails I get are some sort of attempts to rip me off. They're a fake PayPal thing or some you know, your accounts is overdue for something I don't have an account, or whatever it is. It's amazing. And then phone calls that get through the day, texts I get through the day, it's a many amazing how many times somebody is trying to rip you off or hack you, and you really have to be aware of that. In the modern world, it's annoying.
Speaker 5: I commonly get one from a geek squad telling me that I got that yesterday. Yeah, I get that one all and it looks legit, but I'm sure I haven't used that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and I actually have geek Squad, but so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For instance, yesterday I got hit with the we charged your card, we renewed your your renewal was up four hundred and forty nine dollars for your Geek Squad renewal.
Speaker 2: And then you're supposed to say, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I didn't sign up for that, and then you click on it, and then all of a sudden, the bad guys, some Russian hackers into your account and has stolen all your money and maybe your kidneys, and you're in a bathtub full ice.
Speaker 2: The whole thing falls apart very quickly. Yes, Michael, I get the fake Amazon where they want your personal information to confirm your account. Yep.
Speaker 3: I fell for the EBA one many years ago. This is like twenty some years ago when people weren't as hip to this. But I was doing a lot of stuff on eBay and I had an email from eBay saying something and I thought, oh crap, and I clicked on it, and I don't know whatever eventually happened to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think anything happened.
Speaker 3: But we've all had our information stolen so many times. Pretty much every adult in America has had their information stolen two to three times. I was reading about this the other day, whether it's the Experience hack or Chinese hack or whoever it is. You know, data leaks from the government, so our information's floating around out there. Not continuing the commercial for Webroote, but one of the things Webroot does and somebody needs to do is be out there on the dark web, which I don't know how to get onto the dark web, because to figure out if your information's floating around out there and people will sell it, so somebodys maybe somebody has got your name, address, phone number, email, and social security number and they have a site where they sell that stuff. And it's nice to know if it's out there. Very frustrating. I hope the modern world figures out a way to fix this. Anyway, we got a lot of on the way. We're going to talk to one of our military analysts later. Since Trump is talking about sending Tomahawk missiles to Ukraine, what is a Tomahawk missile? How much more advantage would Ukraine have if they got them? Should we be in favor of this or not, and a bunch of other stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 6: It's never been more expensive to buy a new car. According to a report from Kelly Blue Book, the average price for a new vehicle has cracked the fifty thousand dollars mark for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: And that's just what people paid. The average asking.
Speaker 6: Price, the MSRP for twenty twenty six models is even high, more than fifty two thousand dollars, and experts say consumers looking to used cars to save money are also out of luck.
Speaker 3: For when I looked up the cost of a twenty twenty one a Nissan CenTra versus a brand new one, the cost difference is roughly one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, used cars continue to be expensive.
Speaker 3: The pandemic man through the whole car thing out of whack, and it hasn't come back yet, just like the housing market. And what did we hear the other day The average loan rate for a new car is nine percent, So the average new car is fifty grand and the average person's paying nine percent on that loan. No wonder people are maxing out the credit cards trying to keep up. And again we had the stat the other day that the highest number people ever are sixty to ninety days behind on their car payments. So how this plays out over time, I do not know. Wanted to hit this story real quick before we get to something like Hamasa's military wing.
Speaker 2: This is from the New York Times. The Cassam Brigades.
Speaker 3: Said ye last night that it had handed over all the remains of Israeli hostages that had it been able to recover without additional equipment, potentially putting a ceasefire with Israel on the Gaza Strip at risk. In a statement, the Palestinian Militant Group said that it has committed to what was agreed upon and handed over everyone had had in terms of living captives and what it had in terms of bodies that it could recover, which apparently was a total of three. But it said that it needed special equipment in quotes to find and extract the remains of the rest of the deceased captives, adding that it was making great efforts. Egypt has said that they're willing to send over some bulldozers and cranes or whatever else and a team to try to help find the remains. I just can't even imagine what that process is going to be. Like, I mean, if you had a tunnel destroyed with a building on top of it, how would you dig through that rubble to try to find, you know, the body that takes up this much space in all of that chunks of cement and dirt and everything else.
Speaker 2: Well on how long they've been down there.
Speaker 3: Right, I can't even imagine that that's going to happen. But we will see, and more importantly and more urgently, I suppose we'll see what that does to the ceasefire. Does that completely break it or I don't know. Also from the Washington Post on that topic, Hamas may have stopped fighting Israel, but it has launched a new violent campaign to reassert control over local families and militias that had been challenging its power during the last two years of war. We've been talking about this. AMAS is trying to send a clear message that after hiding from Israel for all these months, they are back and in charge. And the way that they're doing that is they're going around and dragging people out of homes and executing him in the streets after so called trials to make it clear that hey, we're still the big dogs. We're still the biggest gang in towns. So don't think you can shosh that video.
Speaker 5: It was obviously edited and rolling around all the major news networks last night.
Speaker 2: But just this public execution with this big group of people around, I mean, it's it's like barbaric to be honest with and cheering.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, what does that says?
Speaker 3: So that big group that cheering Hamas executing people who supposedly spied for Israel or tried to challenge Hamas's authority, that's troubling.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: So Mark Alvin writes in his newsletter today, Uh, this whole thing is about if Witkoff and Jared actually have a real plan to stand up a peacekeeping force that is well funded, well organized, and possessed of a clear mission and workable rules of engagement.
Speaker 2: Until that happens, no idea, what's going to happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's going to go in and calm that thing down, stop the executions and put somebody else in charge and in theory, disarmed Hamas. Remember Trump said yesterday Jimas must disarm or we will disarm them. So more to come on. I'm sure wanted to get to this because Katie brought it up. This is an interesting headline from a new study. People hit their functional peak around sixty. Research suggests this is either good news or bad news depending on your age. New research shows that people reach their all around mental and emotional peak around sixty, not in their twenties. According to this, it had long been believed that you have your mental peak in your twenties, which depends on what do you mean by mental I mean I think my brain worked faster. I was able to remember things better. I didn't forget people's names all the time when I was in my twenties. But certainly not wiser.
Speaker 2: Definitely not wiser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're talking about mental peak, definitely not wiser and emotional peak.
Speaker 2: Who thinks their emotional peak was in their twenties? That was my emotional low points? Oh my god, it says here.
Speaker 3: While quick thinking slows with age, experience, judgment and emotional balance keep improving through midlife. So if you're gonna, you know, judge it based on you know, Katie's word wisdom, clearly it gets better. The fact that it drops off after around sixty is troubling. Between about forty and sixty five, most adults show the best mix of intelligence, stability, and decision making. Okay, I definitely have been better since age forty. I'm not looking forward to dropping off. Am I going to become more emotional again like my twenties and dumber?
Speaker 5: I can't wait to be at that age where I just have the biggest case of the efforts, right, you know when.
Speaker 2: You're older and you just don't care. I'm getting close. I love that stage. I can't wait. Yeah, my dad's definitely My dad is definitely there.
Speaker 3: Same with my parents after the mid sixties, averages on their scores dip on both emotional and that's so wisdom and judgment starts to drop after age sixty. I never thought that would be true, varying from person to person. And then if that is true, and I don't I don't know that I believe it.
Speaker 2: But if that is.
Speaker 3: True, why is everybody in government over sixty? In fact, most of the people who we got in charge.
Speaker 2: Are over seventy point? Great point. If your emotional and mental peak is.
Speaker 3: South of sixty, why is everybody in charge over sixty ft I don't know if that I buy this study anyway, It's hard for me to picture my judgment getting worse at this point in my life.
Speaker 2: God, I hope not. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe, like you're I'm stuck on the efforts, like I'm thinking about judgment of like should I or shouldn't I say that?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, yeah, I don't really do that, but I talk to everybody now. Drives my kids crazy, and I like my dad used to do that and when I was younger, and it thought not just his personality. Something happened in the last couple of years where I just talk to everybody now all the time, Like you know, walking down the side, I talked to somebody about their their dog or their lawn, or the person at the check out stand at the grocery store or whatever. I talk to everybody and ask them questions like that. So that's a certain level of the efforts. It's just like I no longer care what people think of me, so I just engage them in conversation. It's really awesome. It's very freeing. I wish I could have taken that on when I was younger, instead of waiting to be old and in the winter of my life before I could enjoy it. We're going to talk to Tim sand Stand for a legal expert about the Supreme Court and other things an hour two. I hope you can be around for that.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty