Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo.
Speaker 3: Charlemagne is out, but we got our guest co host, Claudia Joraan.
Speaker 4: Good morning, and how you doing. How you feeling? I am good. I've been up all night watching crazy videos from Alabama. I'm so proud.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, we got to talk about that in Front Page News Alabama was I mean, if you don't know this story, you haven't seen it on social media, I'm gonna let Tesslim's figure rope break it down. But yes, I was proud. I was happy how we came together to whoop some ass.
Speaker 4: It's our own insurrection. Yeah they had January sixth, we got August sixth.
Speaker 3: And I am so proud of that one brother who jumped off the boat swam to the shore to whip bass who.
Speaker 4: Said black people can't swim.
Speaker 3: I know he was tired because when he when he swam over heads short, he had to pull himself up, and he was he was taking him a long time. But he got up and he got the power and he whooped some masks and we'll break all that down in front page.
Speaker 4: Dues coming up in a little bit. What you do this weekend? What was I doing? I was outside with my girls this weekend. I've been going out a lot lately. Really, I had six months. I'm just like, no relationship. I'm just having fun. Hot girl summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should, you know what, you should hung out with me this weekend.
Speaker 4: I was first.
Speaker 3: I went to Toronto. I was at Caravan to drop a bomb. Everybody went out to Caravana.
Speaker 4: That was this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was a huge Caribbean festival. They do it every year in Toronto. I haven't gone the last couple of years because of COVID. It usually gets to about two million people to the city. And I had such a great time at Caravan. It just people out partying, representing their country. I mean I did so many shows, so many festivals, so many parties over the weekend, and then I came back last night.
Speaker 4: Now, the Mayor of New.
Speaker 3: York City, of course, this is the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop. It's actually this Friday is the day He's doing these festivals and these block parties in every borough. So Queens Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island and last night was Queens and they've been trying to get me to DJ. I didn't know if I was gonna make it happen, but I was able to DJ. And let me tell you, I haven't had so much fun in the long time. We was in Queensbridge. Now, if you know the legendary queens Bridge, that's where Mob Deep is from, That's where Nas is from. Growing up in Queens it was a place where you didn't go unless you were from there, because yeah, would have got shot, stabbed, robbed, absolutely positively. So when they asked me to do it, I was like, I'm not from that side of Queens, I'm from the North side.
Speaker 4: But I did it.
Speaker 3: And to see Mob Deep performed shook ones in the middle of that crowd was something to see all the old school turn it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I wish I was I wish I got into town early enough. I love I Love Madie.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Like just to see them performing in their own backyard it was a block party, was like close up. I'm sure ten thousand people out there. Big Daddy Kane performed. Now shout all the old school has because it was Big Daddy came Coogi wrapped dead Press, Onyx, Beanie Siegul came out, Roxanne Chante. It was so many people out there, just celebrating, celebrating Queens. And then after they did like this huge drone show. Now the drone show consisted of maybe they had like two hundred drum they flew him up. In the end, the drones did pictures of like just hip hop figures.
Speaker 4: It was just amazing.
Speaker 3: The only thing that was missing was honestly Nas because he Nas is from Queensbridge. I love to see Nas out there, and of course fifty because he's from South Side.
Speaker 1: Run dmcll cool J. It was trip Coort Court.
Speaker 3: It was just so much happening, man, So salute to the mayor for putting all those shows on.
Speaker 1: I know he's gonna be doing one in each borough.
Speaker 3: So if you get a chance to touch down in New York City, just check it out and see where it is because it's a free show so you could get to see it.
Speaker 4: And it was just amazing.
Speaker 3: So shot everybody I seen in Caraban and shot everybody I've seen in Queen's Last night. All right, and let's get the show cracking. Now, doctor Cornell West, he'll be joining us this morning. Of course, he's running for president, so we'll talk to him. He's a he's not Republican, A Democrat. No, no, So we'll be chopping it up with him. And then, like I said, Teslin figueroes up next, we're gonna be talking about what happened in Alabama. And I pray to God that some of those people don't get charged. I know a lot of people were arrested. I know the brother that was smacking people with chairs. I know people say it was a little too much, but I think they deserved it.
Speaker 4: He hit the guys with a chair, that was that's cool.
Speaker 1: But what but he did hit a chicken. Got chick, was hitting his wife.
Speaker 4: She was already down and assists that already taking care of her. But they innocent, all of them. They started it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, let's break this good morning owning everybody. It's dj n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. We get our guest co host Clodiah Jordan here, and let's get in some front page news. Tesling figure Ohas here, Good morning, Tess.
Speaker 6: Good morning DJ and be good morning Claudia good morning.
Speaker 1: And let's jump right into it. Alabama.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all couldn't wait with chomping at the bid on this.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: Black people are excited everywhere.
Speaker 5: I guess to see black folks stand up, you know, I say all the time, it's the time to swing and it's the time to sing, or using the words of Malcolm X. Let's go straight to the report from w SFA. We'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 7: Tonight, we're following breaking news near Montgomery's river Front Park. A fight beside the river has led to multiple arrests. Welcome to the news at ten. I'm Brady Talbert. A viewer sent us this video, which shows the fight just feet from the water. Of witness claims it started because a pontoon boat was blocking the dock where a riverboat was trying to park. You can see more people jumping in as that fight played out. Well soon after Montgomery police arrived at the scene. They say a large group of people were involved in this brawl. Our crew saw people in handcuffs, and PD says several people have been detained and any charges are pending tonight.
Speaker 3: They deserved it, They deserved that ass whipping. I mean, so breakdown what happened. The gentleman was telling them that the boat. He was a security guard working there, right, he was telling him that they couldn't park the boat there because the steamboat was coming in, correct.
Speaker 5: Correct, And you know obviously they didn't they didn't want to hear that, and so we clearly saw, you know, they put hands on him first, jumped the security guard.
Speaker 6: People were laughing.
Speaker 5: He threw his head up in there basically, yeah, so you know, and and folks started jumping in. As Claudia mentioned about, I made a post too saying, you know who said black people can't swim.
Speaker 6: They've been calling him aquaman.
Speaker 5: I called him a little mermaid's brother, black little mermaid's brother. And so black folks just you know, jumped in and assisted. You did see others who were recording it, you know, from the side, but certainly their brother needed some help. And so as you mentioned, folks or as the report mentioned, folks have been arrested and we put out a call or put out a call yesterday with a lot of attorneys that we were talking to yesterday, and they're looking to offer assistance to these folks.
Speaker 6: You need to need help.
Speaker 5: Please get at me a teslum figure out on Instagram for those who need. They're willing to help pro bono to make sure that they get you know, adequate representation. Also, a lot of folks are trying to help sending money with cash app and so we're just trying to make sure that we find the right people, you know, to get it to We've made some contact with a lot of the leaders in Alabama, particularly you know, calling for no charges to be found. So this is something that organizers are working on, you know, try to see what we can do to offer assistance.
Speaker 4: You know what I don't like about the coverage outside of black media right the way the news report was a fight broke out. No, it was not a fight. A group of white men attacked a black security guard doing his job. And if it was the opposite way around, race would definitely be talked about outside of us. You know, it wasn't a fight that broke out. Call it what it was. It was assaulted. He was assaulted by like six or seven people doing his job. And I don't like that. Media is very slick with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, you know what I do love about the whole thing a lot of times, a lot of people, especially in our community. We mind our business, right, It doesn't have anything to do with us. But the fact that I've never seen people get so ready so fast. I mean because people were on the boat and that boat was coming in slowly, and I know those people on that boat like, as soon as this boat hits this dock, we're gonna whack some white people's asses. But the thing that I like about it is they were on top of it. There was no questions asked. It was like this gentleman is my father, he's my uncle, he's my brother, he's a family member, and we're gonna defend because it wasn't a one on one it was five to six people. And the fact that the women jumped out and when they see them women jumping on that man, And like, I seen the fact that that brother think about it like this, That brother didn't know that man.
Speaker 4: He's seen that man getting beat up.
Speaker 3: He jumped in the water and swam to the shore to get his licks in.
Speaker 4: We should have been doing this actually, because we've been with for way too many of us getting beat down in front of a lot of us just filming. So shout out to the people that got involved and got active. I agree, that's it.
Speaker 5: And I said that as well. I was saying, you know, normally I say, you know, why are you just filming instead of getting active? But I am glad that they did film this one to put it on the record, because I think, you know, we needed to see it. People needed to see it. They needed to know that everybody's not gonna just sit around and sing songs and pray and cry. So we had enough jumping in and folks also, you know, recording it to put it on the record.
Speaker 3: So now what do you think about the brother that picked up the chair with swinging at everybody on the chair.
Speaker 5: Hey, when it's going down, it's going down. I'm picking up everything chairs.
Speaker 4: That's my that's my point.
Speaker 3: If you ever get into it, you see red and that lady was swinging on men. She was swinging on people beforehand. So, like I said, I'll say, allegedly because I want to get to but when when it's when it's red, when it's wartime, I'm picking up everything, I'm swinging everything.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you've got now, it is what it is. But I get the emotion.
Speaker 4: But of course they're gonna he gonna get it the worst, of course, you know, but I get his mentality. He wasn't wrong, he wasn't wrong.
Speaker 3: Well that is front page news. Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss what you did this weekend. Were you out and about? Did you go to Caravana? Did you go to some of the festivals. Maybe you out in Alabama, It doesn't matter. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. Whatever you want to discuss. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. You want to hear from you on the breakfast club?
Speaker 8: Hell?
Speaker 3: Long?
Speaker 9: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Oh it's up, brother, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 10: I just want to say about the Alabama Georgian yep.
Speaker 11: When it comes to like vice determinist or like TOPLA records, that lay deserved what to hear? I don't see the other woman after you hit the threat and the threat. This is how the versus like general women men.
Speaker 12: Whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean people will say that, you know, he shouldn't hit a woman. But you know the fact that they were fighting like that and he got read. I mean, I don't know she was swinging at dudes. I don't know. I'm not in that situation. But if I wasn't ever in a situation like that where I'm trying to protect the brother and they are fighting, I'm swinging at everything moving.
Speaker 4: That's just me, honestly, you know, I think those rules go out the window when of the white premisis I agree. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Good morning? That's your boy?
Speaker 10: Love you from Good Morning Breakfast Club?
Speaker 4: Love you? What's up? Get it off your chest? Brother?
Speaker 13: I want to talk about this Alabama? What we what were missed it from this NB? Is the origin of it? You know this was over Trump Row. That's why they was all charged.
Speaker 8: Up like that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, is that a fact?
Speaker 10: That's why?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's a That's why the red was all charged up like that. And I definitely want to shout out my boy Tyrone Felt in the chair Mapter doing Tu JICKSU with the.
Speaker 4: Chair, Sarah passing, goodbye, love you man. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Every DJ envy? My name can Nick falling from the West side of Detroit, can sign what up?
Speaker 4: T get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: What's up?
Speaker 10: I'm just getting off my chest. I'm starting the second full time job today.
Speaker 16: I just want to wish my tough luck on that.
Speaker 4: All right, good luck? What you're doing?
Speaker 15: Alright?
Speaker 12: I work at I want my first job.
Speaker 15: I work at a fab thory four time.
Speaker 10: My second job is at a warehouse.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we'll get that money.
Speaker 2: Brother, Yes, all.
Speaker 14: Right, DJ, it'll be good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: And don't be late. You're running late now, so don't be late.
Speaker 14: Hurry up, never gonna be late. Hey, DJ, envy, I want to shot off Peter and High School Class of twenty eleven, the class of all classes, best class, only class, this class, the only class that could be number one's wife.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you, brother, and have a good dad.
Speaker 12: Work all right if you do?
Speaker 8: By?
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Y'all?
Speaker 17: Boy?
Speaker 12: Didn't go?
Speaker 4: Didn't go?
Speaker 18: What up?
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 8: Hey? What's up y'all? Y'all?
Speaker 4: Yes, great weekend?
Speaker 18: Brother?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 12: Who does who's the guest today?
Speaker 4: It's Claudia Jordan. How you doing?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 12: Oh boy, Claudia, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Why you say it like that?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, no, mine.
Speaker 12: I'm not gonnay none.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to shoot a shot with you. A couple of weeks ago when you were up paying. It didn't really turn out too well, But is.
Speaker 4: That why you're mattered? Well listen, listen. In my defense, I'm taking six months off break out of dating, so it has nothing to do with you as me. I'm trying to like that.
Speaker 12: That's good. You should take some time for yourself because, like I think, you got to really understand what you're missing out on in the world.
Speaker 4: That's that's why I'm taking my time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this six months, maybe take a year because like.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no no, I'm good here, I'm good. I'm good with six months. It expires August sixteen. So I got like this weeks ago, so I I yeah, it expires August sixteen.
Speaker 12: Well maybe I'll hit you up there in this, Claudia, so we'll see how you feel.
Speaker 4: Started off kind of showing me a little bit, and now he came around.
Speaker 14: I said I.
Speaker 12: Wasn't gonna go there. Like I said, I wanted to spare it. And this is why I'm calling guys. I did y'all see the full video, Like like the beforehand about what was going on and wasn't led up to the altercation. Sure it did, crazy right, His brother's doing his job and out of nowhere, these people come out of nowhere and just started heiling on the man for doing his job. And that's that's wrong. I saw nothing.
Speaker 19: Wrong with what was going down.
Speaker 12: I love that our people stepped intill what we had to do. And I loved the brother that got in there and spend and protected it and all, because that's that's that's what's that's what I love to see it. I love our people.
Speaker 8: I love us.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to let y'all know that I love us. We keep doing this, We got to keep protecting each other because we don't know what's gonna happen in the next you know, a few months, even a couple of years. So let's take note of this situation, y'all, and let's get it ready, you feel.
Speaker 3: Me, absolutely, get it off your chest eight hundred and five. I want if you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: It's a new day.
Speaker 4: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way, whether you're man or blasts, time to get up and get something. Call up now eight hundred five or five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Hey, Yo, what up?
Speaker 8: What up? What up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 18: This was Jake Jay what up?
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 20: Hey, listen, man, I just want to say, Man, dj Envy you my gay uncle Charlotte. I just watched eighty eight and dog.
Speaker 4: You enjoyed it. Man, It like.
Speaker 20: Changed my whole perspective on politics and everything and the way that they be running everything going through there and it just man.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's something different.
Speaker 12: That was a good That was a good watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, salute both of y'all.
Speaker 20: You know what I'm saying. And y'all did y'all thing.
Speaker 4: Charlamage the producer on that one.
Speaker 17: He's doing your thing. Yeah he did.
Speaker 12: I feel like he had like a little sniffet in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the Luther, Charlotte. He's out today, he'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 8: That's what.
Speaker 20: That's what a Hey y'all, y'all keep doing it man, and uh, we love.
Speaker 1: Y'all in the land.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Brother.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Josh Josh shot up, get it off your chest.
Speaker 21: Yeah, man, I just want to let you know how how I thank you.
Speaker 8: Alabama moved me so much, man.
Speaker 21: And I just want to say this, man, it was looking like it was it was black people that that had sense, you know, it was sensible black folks, and.
Speaker 16: That when I seen them swinging.
Speaker 21: I knew they saw nothing but spirits, lady men. Whatever it was, it was bad spirits and it was gold time. And I'm going to work this morning feeling like we off one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean to see those even those black queens running around and getting the little their little two pieces, and was amazing too.
Speaker 1: They were holding down the men as well.
Speaker 4: I loved.
Speaker 3: I love to see us protecting us. I mean a lot of times we don't necessarily get to see that. So the fact that they protected that brother, didn't know that brother, but just wanted to make sure that brother was good.
Speaker 1: Man, that made me so happy to see that last night.
Speaker 4: It kind of brought me back to the sixties. It kind of brought me back to the sixties, back in the day when we used to be more like that. Yeah, you know what I mean, looking out for each other. And I hope we go back to that because look out strong we are when we rock together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah, and and and I thank god that they were there were black people around, because I mean that man could have been there by himself. He could have been murdered, and then he could have he got there, he would have got his ass whip and they.
Speaker 4: Would have changed the story. So crazy.
Speaker 3: But the fact that, you know, like Tesla said that, you know, sometimes we gotta tape and sometimes we gotta whoop pass, and sometimes we got.
Speaker 4: To do both. And it was it felt so good to see both. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey, Hello showing stone?
Speaker 17: What up?
Speaker 4: Man? Pick up the phone?
Speaker 8: Brother, Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm at work driving the barber. Shut out all the tanitation works out here.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for you today, Bro. The rain is disgusting today.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 8: The crazy thing is, oh good.
Speaker 10: Morning, take the money, you know, the crazy thing every I did it bring my rien jacket.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're gonna smell this like dirty dog is envy.
Speaker 8: I drive a different type of garbage truck. I drive a front load of garbage truck that only pick up dumpster.
Speaker 4: Oh so you don't even get out of the truck.
Speaker 8: Bot the only time I hop out of my truck is just to open a gate on closure back, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you ain't even gotta get out the trucks, so you ain't really gonna get that well today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well I'm just saying you feel mean, I still.
Speaker 21: Got to get out of truck and gate gotcha, got you, got you.
Speaker 8: I want to talk about that Alabama situation. Man, it was going down, wasn't. I don't condone violence though anything like that, but you know, sometimes we got stand up for each other as black people.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So Sean, let me ask you a question. Since you a sanitation drive, right, so you're out and about on the street. So I'm assuming you would see more things like this, like you know, black people getting into incidents. Now, if you were, if you've seen something like this, would you stop your truck and help somebody?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 8: I would.
Speaker 12: I jumped in there.
Speaker 8: You see a lot of weird things out here every you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they on the black one time and.
Speaker 8: North she had on no Brazil, no top on. She was just outside.
Speaker 4: Guy said no Brazil, but ahead, fancy with it.
Speaker 8: I'm okay, no Brazil or no pride you know what I mean. But Envy, I just want to say you a good dude, man, you know what I mean. You know I've been calling the Vestans Club for thirteen years and I loved it with how you are, brother, you know what I mean. So I'll be seeing a lot of things online negative thing. I just want to say every because you need to just keep your head up man, And there's a lot of people out here that love and respect you, brother, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Appreciate you, your sir and Sean.
Speaker 1: You ever been to Toronto?
Speaker 8: Never been a caravan or in Toronto before, man, but I loved.
Speaker 4: Drake though he loves Dre.
Speaker 3: You got to go to Toronto one time. Is very Caribbean influence. You would love the fool, you would love the music. You would have a great time out there in Toronto. If you ever get the opportunity, definitely go check it out.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it, man. That shout out to you. Jamina cut and wife to man.
Speaker 3: A lot of mercy on the why I said, Lord of Mercy just felt yeah, it was like really just felt like it was going anyway.
Speaker 4: You're caught up in a moment. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Now we got rooms on the way where we're talking about. Oh, we have a lot to talk about. But pop smoke. There's a link with.
Speaker 4: The man that was found in a barrel in La with the pop smoke murder. So we're gonna get it. Get into that, all right.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that next, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club Owing everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, charlomagnea gud we are the Breakfast Club. Charlomagne is out. Our guest co host Claudia Jordan is here. We got to get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about our starless co hosts.
Speaker 4: Everyone, I mean, where.
Speaker 8: Relieve this is the rumor report.
Speaker 6: Commy Soldier boys.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they say it all on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: Jordan's stories are.
Speaker 4: If you live long enough, he's gonna have story.
Speaker 2: That is very true, very true.
Speaker 4: Let's talk now.
Speaker 3: Last week, as I was reporting the rumors, Nini Leeks did an interview with Carlos King and they mentioned our girl, Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 4: And this is what Ninnie Leek.
Speaker 22: Said, Claudia Jordan, starless, who won between you and Claudia and Puerto Rico.
Speaker 23: I'm always the winner, and so I obviously won. But I will give Claudia this, although she said the most nastiest things about me, and she's been holding onto a grace for one hundred thousand years, I would have to give I'm gonna give her this. I've read many of girls, honey, and I've been on this show with many girls. I would have to say that she was probably my number one battle. She was definitely right up there to battle with. Yeah, I don't think that there's not been one other girl that could probably battle the way she did because I took her through it, and I feel like she took me through it, and so I feel like we gave each other a run.
Speaker 1: I guess that was a compliment.
Speaker 4: It's like saying, you know, Envy, you're a good DJ, but she smell like onions, Like I give you a compliment, but then I will tell you you smell or whatever.
Speaker 18: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, what's your beef with d I don't have a beef with Nini, and he has a problem. Whenever I have to report on her, people think it's a personal thing. I have a very good sense of humor. I work with comedians. I work with the greats like Jamie Fox, and we used to give it to each other so much harder. Wait, hold on pause. I mean on the air, we used to like say the most personal, like wild things to each other and we would laugh about it. Nani and me. That was light work to me on the show. It was funny to me. I never was mad mad. It's the fans that like elevated on social media, so me and her people don't know this. After the reunion, she texts me because I said some cool stuff to her at the reunion too, and she's like, you know, I appreciate what you said, blah blah blah, and then we were good. But when my name comes up and she says something slick, I don't. I'm like Cardi B like when it's you get me, it's like it's on you know, I don't. It's not it's not a grudge. It's like, just don't say negative things about me and I won't have to respond. But I do appreciate her saying the truth. I did read her, and they also cut like maybe ten or eleven more things I said. I wish one day they would release the unedited version, y'all hear the whole thing. But yeah, but she did call me starless? She did. Should I say anything about that?
Speaker 1: I mean, how does it make you feel?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: How much the stardom pay these days? Because I can't call Chase and say, hey, I like to pay my Bentley payment with my stardom. I would rather be starless than jobless, because I don't. I'm not here for like the clout. I like money. I like working, I like, you know, being busy. I like putting other people on. So but I do think it's dope. And you know what, Nini, I think one day you and I need to have a conversation, whether it's on camera or off camera, because honestly, I felt like we missed a really crazy opportunity because I think both of us have wicked senses of humor, and she's real fast and funny, and I know I am. I think we could have had some TV goals had we it had not gone that direction, because before I did Housewives, her and I actually were cool, Like she called me to like she reach out to me in two thousand and nine when I never even watch Housewives to like take her place on this hosting job, so she knew who I was. I was doing Celebrity Apprentice, I hosted as Universe Deal and Odal I was doing all that. I didn't really I wasn't familiar with the show, so when she did that, we had no beef. So when I went on the show, I was surprised that she kind of came at my neck first, and so I was just reacting in real time what y'all saw. Like I was like, damn, Like I thought we was good, you know. But then I also have a different attitude about reality TV. To me, it's like we should look at it like this is just work, like an acting job, almost right, and then when we go off set, like go get a drink and be like, yo, we did that. That's how you should treat reality TV. Not take it.
Speaker 3: Home and really be mad. So you're not taking a person, but you feel maybe she is well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I do understand where she how she feels. She was on that show from day one, right, it blew up. She was a huge part of it, and then she feels discarded. I know how that feels, you know what I mean. So she has a right to feel defensive, But I'm not your enemy girlfriend. I'm not like, cut it out, just say the nice thing, you know, leave a starless thing alone. But I do understand you was asked the question. My thing is, I'm not trying to be a star. I'm trying to be rich. Okay, that's it. I'm sure, Nina, come on, pay your guest host before the year's over. But Nini, I do appreciate you saying that. Thank you very much because you know, a lot of people still talk about it. We did this in twenty fourteen and it's twenty twenty three and people I'll still talk about it, and I still get asked every single day, would you go back? And I'm like, you know what, I'll go back. Bring me and Nini back together. How about that? Okay? How about that? Nini? And that's my olive branch. There you go. All right? What else we got? Damn all right? Pop smoke. There's an update here. On July thirty first, police found the body of a man named Javonte Murphy. He was thirty two years old in a barrel that was seen floating in the water near the Pacific Coast Highway Bridge in la He had one gunshot wound to the head. His body was not bally decomposed, so they don't believe his murder happened too long ago. Police do see a link because he's the brother of one of the five people that were arrested in the pop Smoke murder, so they do believe it maybe some kind of retaliation.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have a friend that lives in Malleblen when she hit me up before the story came out, and she's like, yo, Claudia is getting crazy around here, Like they found a body in a barrel that washed up down the street from me, and this is why would you think about this retaliation going after the relatives is crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they said that the police don't don't one hundred percent know what happened, if it's part of the pop smoke situation or if it's a part of another situation they made. They believe it could be some gang activity from something else. They're trying to put two and two together to see if it is part of it. But I mean, it's like anything else. When you know, when it's wartime, you know everybody can get touched. Everybody's included. What you're sad, But the.
Speaker 4: Family friend said Javonte was a good kid and was not involved in gang activity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so sad, sad situation. All right, well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, we got front page news tesling figure out will be joining us, and doctor Cornell West will be joining us. He's running for president for twenty twenty four independent, the People's Party.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to him next. It don't move.
Speaker 24: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 22: Our Audible pick of the day is Snoop Doggs from the Streets to the Sweets. Here's snoops Journey from the Streets to Long Beach, the hip hop legend. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com, slash Snoop owning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy Charlomagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Charlomagne is out. We got our guest co host, Claudia Jordan, and let's get in some front page news testing figure Out.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, Yes, welcome back, Hello, Djavy, Good morning beautiful Claudia and the Breverst Club family.
Speaker 3: Good morning and all Laker fans out there. I just want to tell y'all that Anthony Davis agreed to NBA's richest annual extension. He has agreed to a three year, one hundred and eighty six million dollar maximum contract extension.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, that's a lot of money greed.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'm gonna play the powerball to that.
Speaker 3: I think it's that one point five billion, Mega million is one point five one of them is high.
Speaker 4: But keep trying. I'm alright, I'm gonna try. I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this goon squad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once again. You know earlier we were talking about, you know, the brother that got jumped by the white men. And again this happens in several several different instances. This is one with the goon squad was white men, white police officers who jumped to a torture two black men. Five former ranking County Mississippi and one from Richly, Mississippi deputies played guilty to charges related to the torture of the two black men. Let's listen to the report and I'm gonna give you some more information.
Speaker 7: On the other side, they became the criminals they swore to protect us from.
Speaker 25: They allegedly called themselves the Goon Squad, a group of six white former Mississippi law enforcement officers, giving themselves that Moniker because of their alleged willingness to use excessive force and not to report. Now they've pleaded guilty to federal charges related to an assault that, according to a charging document, included nearly two hours of torture, physical, racist, and sexual abuse two black men after a white neighbor complaint. Several blackmales have been staying at the property and the neighbor had observed suspicious behavior. The officer who received the complaint directed an investigator to take care of it. On January twenty fourth, six law enforcement officers entered victims Eddie Parker and Michael Jiggles home without a warrant.
Speaker 5: Now, the lawsuit said that they entered without a warning, and again the complaint was about allegedly drug activity, which they did not find, and they were handcuffed, kicked, waterboard as you heard, sexually assaulted.
Speaker 6: One was actually shot in the mouth.
Speaker 5: He said he would never be the same, and so they have permanent physical damages, long term obviously psychological damage. The sheriff says that he didn't know that this so called goomb squad exists.
Speaker 6: Do you guys believe that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 26: Not?
Speaker 6: Yeah, people talking.
Speaker 5: I believe he said he was embarrassed by But I just you know, for this to go on for so long, it's just points to again, you know, going back to the Alabama story, Everybody's not gonna sit around, you know, and allow you to do this. So we have one story where we got folks jumping into the fan the black man. We got this story where you know, two black men were assaulted. This is why you saw the energy that you saw in Alabama. I just want to put it out that people are over it. You know, they're tired of it. They we want our licks back, and that's why people are, you know, motivated by It's not us condoning violence. It just is what it is. We see too many of these stories happening over and over. The officers were charged with conspiracy against rights, deprivation of rights under the color of law, conspiracy to obstruct justice, obstruction of justice, and so we'll see, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think, you know, for years, I would hear people say, oh, they want they they they want a race war, they want a race We I'm like, nah, no, no, but it seems like it's unfolding right before our eyes in all areas. Like a security guard, dude is his job at a dock, people at a house that are not really doing drugs, but they say in there and then using what's the obsession with? Like the sexual abuse? This is reminiscent of slavery when they brought us over here and the things they would do, the black man buck breaking, you know what I mean, Like why what is going on? Like what is the obsession? Like you said earlier, we mind our own business. They are actively seeking out smoke with us.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you what Donald Trump running for president and everything going with him is, do we see things getting worse? Like are we seeing I don't know if it's white supremacy or white on black crimes, or is it getting worse because Donald Trump is putting more pressure.
Speaker 5: On well, I mean to me my personal opinion. I mean, this is America, so it's always been going on. But he certainly, you know, when he started running, certainly you know, opened up against the floodgates. If you will, to make people very comfortable, you know what they do and basically saying the quiet part are out loud. Remember when he said stand back and stand by. And remember we covered the story a few weeks ago on the country singer Jason Is at Alden when he said, you know, don't try it in a small town. Remember when he made that tweet.
Speaker 6: Well, guess what.
Speaker 5: They tried it in a small town in Alabama. And guess what happened. The small town fought back those types of you know, inciting that you see over and over and over. And we heard the gymen say that this had to do with a Trump rally. I didn't want to say that because it's not, you know for a fact, but you know there is conversation saying that because you know there was a Trump rally. I assume somewhere in the area that people are a little bit more turned up.
Speaker 6: But I just think that our response.
Speaker 5: To that and what you saw with our people is again, people are tired.
Speaker 6: Of the constant.
Speaker 5: You know, stories like I just covered the constant, George Floyd, the constant, you know, the constant getting beat up, the constant, you know, crying on camera.
Speaker 6: No, it was time to do a little bit of swinging back. So you know that that's what it is.
Speaker 4: I think this could be a pivotal moment for us because leading up to this, we we did stick around as watch and film. Like I think now with this context, the George Floyd thing, I don't think a lot of us will be sitting around like like I think I've I'm personally motivated myself. There's no more sitting around in filming. I think we're gonna get more active. I think we'n get more involved now. I think this was a big, major moment for us as black people. I really do.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about this Burger King worker who didn't miss a day of work in twenty seven years.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now on a positive note, again, this is where you know folks came together. Now, this is I would assume people donated from all over the country. But again, they took care of this brother named Kevin Ford, who was a Burger King employee in Las Vegas. He was surprised of four hundred thousand dollars from his coworkers and other supporters online after he worked for twenty seven years. Now he got after he got the gift from Burger King. They gave him a small goodie bag that had Reese's cup Starbucks cup, two pins, and one movie ticket, and so he kind of right, he kind of expressed his disappointment.
Speaker 6: So people said, oh, you know what, let's do something for his brother.
Speaker 5: So they started to go fundy page and within a year the campaign raised over four hundred thousand dollars. So it looks like, you know, he definitely got a retirement that's well worth it.
Speaker 6: There was another story I was gonna do.
Speaker 5: We don't have time to do, but it was about French fries being linked to depression.
Speaker 6: So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: How is f French fries makes me happy to depression?
Speaker 1: It makes me smile, I know it.
Speaker 5: I brought that story because last week you were talking about you have to fight to get the French fries every now and then.
Speaker 6: But I'll just roll into that speaking of French fries.
Speaker 5: But yeah, a research team from China said that twelve percent of anxiety and depression come from folks who eat fried food, particularly French fries. They said they evaluated one hundred and forty thousand people over eleven years, and they found that people that ate the fried potatoes over other things had a.
Speaker 6: Two percent increased risk of depression. So envy there you go.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not gonna fine.
Speaker 3: I got some McDonald French fries and I was a little depressed, not because I didn't eat them. I got a small thing of French fries. And everybody knows. I got a twenty month old baby, right and the twenty month old see my French fries. And I had one fry and she killed it.
Speaker 1: And I was gonna fight the twenty year old because I was so all I wanted.
Speaker 3: You got your oranges, you got your fruit, you got yours.
Speaker 1: Let me just have my little French fry. And she ate my whole French fry.
Speaker 3: And I was like, we know what that's aside from God telling me I don't need them French fries right there, I.
Speaker 4: Think he's still mad at the baby a little bit. It's just a baby and a baby.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 4: Give the fry.
Speaker 1: But I tried to hide it, right, So she took one.
Speaker 3: I tried to hide it, and then she looked at me and just started crying, like, I know, you got them fries behind you.
Speaker 4: And it was like either let her cry and give the fries. So I gave it the fries.
Speaker 6: It was good.
Speaker 5: Fore, well, I saw this story and thought of you. So maybe this would be motivation to stay away from the fries.
Speaker 1: So I test and you got a shout out before we leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to give a shout out to our brother Killer Mike. You know I mentioned last week we were doing a Texas tour. He did two shows, one in Houston and one in Dallas. But we did conversations with Killer Mike at two barbershops in Dallas and Houston. I organized that and it was just an amazing conversation, particularly with him and DC. So I'll have that this week on The Straight Shot and No Chase. The podcasts on the Black Effect podcast Network, and if you want to hear with fifty years of hip hop looks like sounds like, check that podcast out. But I also had a chance to attend his tour, his concert, and I was just in in tears envy. I'm telling you it's the Michael album. I just can't stress enough. It is definitely a classic, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, absolutely all right now, when we come back, doctor Cornell West will be joining us. He's running for president for twenty twenty four. He's not Republican, he's not Democrat. He's running the People's Party. That's right independent, So we'll talk to him when we come back. It's the Breakfast Come on BT, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: We also have Tesla's figure out with us this morning.
Speaker 3: And we have a special guest, doctor Cornell Wes Welner.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're blessing me. And it's consecrated space, all this rich spirit and stories and narratives and laughter, and you all deal with some serious issues too. And they have an ourdea sister here though indeed, indeed it's Tesla. It's blessing.
Speaker 4: How you feel about you here?
Speaker 17: Brother? How do you feel today?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm still swinging, man, Yes, sir, I'm still swinging. Don mean the thing if it ain't got that swing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And you swing and swinging because you are running for president, so telling people why did you decide to go through that strenuous and stressful thing.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, my brother, I've been running for truth and justice all my life though, man, So this is just another context, another moment that we got to be true to the best of all the love and care and integrity that been put inside of US Man. For me, that's Irene Clifton West as mom and dad. The shallow Baptist Church on the Chocolate sign of Sacramento, that's the Black Panther Party. We set the highest standards of integrity, honisty, decency, but most importantly, courage. That's got to break the back of fear. We got too many folks running around scared and intimidated and couch owling, you see. And that's what I've always tried to do. So running for president is just a particular moment and a larger calling of running for truth and justice. So when I come into a space like this, I feel at home because you've all been wrestling with the same issues week in and week out, and it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 17: To be here. Brother.
Speaker 22: You know, I see that the Democrats and a lot of progressives are saying they wish you wouldn't run, saying that your presidential big could cripple President Biden's potential run.
Speaker 17: How does that feel to be that kind of threat, to be that kind of disruptive.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a beautiful thing. It's a beautiful thing. That's what it means to U to be a servant of the people. You see that Harriet Tuppman was a threat to the white supremacist order. Frederick Douglas was a threat. That's why he put a bonne on his head. I'd be wells was a threat against lynching and American terrorism. Jimmy James Cord, that's why they put a bonney on his said Martin King, Montole, Fanny lou Hamer. They were threats. So what does it mean to be a threat. What it means to be a threat is you calling into question an order that's predicated on too much suffering of precious everyday people. Now the funny thing for me is, you know here this, I haven't had one public event, I haven't had one fundraiser, and they say I'm a threat and a minace to the constitutional order. I say, yeah, that's what I need to be doing. That's precisely what I need to be doing. You see, because the Constitution was pro slavery in practice for seventy five years, is pro Jim and Jane Crow in practice for one hundred years. These days, the new Jim Crow. I always begin as a Christian. I begin with the least of these, which means I look at the world through the lens of my partners who incarcerated. I've been blessed to teach in prisons for forty one years now. I asked the Democrats, what are you doing about mass incarceration?
Speaker 18: Biden?
Speaker 2: You was an architect of it with a white supremacist's name, Thurmon was strong. What are you doing about mass incarceration? I want to know. If you're not doing about it, how am I spoiling your votes. You're not speaking to the needs of my people. You're not speaking to the needs of those who are suffering. So I'm not a spoiler. I'm casting a spotlight on that which you don't want to to terms with. If you were really concerned about the issues I'm concerned about, then steal my thunder. Be on the cutting edge of eliminating mass incarceration, be on the cutting edge of abolishing slate of poverty, abolishing homelessness, and we were just talking about beloved wife and heat to here the unhoused, precious brothers and sisters. If you really won't speak to the issues, be on the edge of trying to gang assets that workers with a living wage, then I wouldn't have no ground. You see, So they think that they what people say, Well, it's just a personal thing, it's just the vanity thing. Please, I just turned seventy years old. The last thing I want to do is be wrestling with the issues in the American Empire that have to do with just how sick and indifferent and callous our elites are when it comes to poor people and working people. But I gotta be true to ones calling.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, you know, when you talk about body and then you see the amount of support that a lot of our community gives, what's your biggest hurdle with making sure that those people that support it, Biden and with all the effects that he's done to us, support you.
Speaker 2: Well, one is that I do recognize if we black folk have always been between a rock and a hard place. Henry Holland Garnett gave that famous speech of eighteen thirty seven in Philadelphia, way he said, Black people must never confuse our situation with that of the Israelites in the Hebrew scripture. For us, Pharaoh is on both sides of the bloody red sea. That's real. So that's the fear too, you see. So Biden in a Democratic party can just say, if you don't out for me. And I ain't done nothing about mass incarceration, thirty nine percent of our black children still living in poverty. I ain't done that. I haven't focused on it. But Trump is worse. Trump is worse every four years. Republicans are worst Republicans the well. And it's true over between a rock and but wait a minute, we got to reach the point where we say, we got to speak our truth and we got to understand between a rock and a hard place. That's true. And what happened in that convention in eighteen thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Somebody we have no way out.
Speaker 2: Somebody sing a song, Somebody tell a story about the love of your child and the love of your loved one. That's the only thing, Keith, Black folk going think about Jim Crow. South Carolina, where you've come from? Brothers that right, yoah asolute, that's a lesbian, that's James Brown, That's how And what was it about South Carolina just like Mississippi, the only two states that had a majority of black people?
Speaker 4: What does that meant?
Speaker 2: That meant that the level of terror and trauma against this brother's family was even more intense white because they were scared. You say, these black folk get together. They might want to create a decent society for them, and a decent society for them, mean we're gonna have to give up some power, give up some resources, give up something. And unfortunately, you know, we're living in such a moment's spiritual decay, not just in the nation, but in Black America. We just got too many black folks who are scared and fearful and intimidated and don't want to speak the truth.
Speaker 22: You know, when you hear allies, well, I guess allies are yours? Like aocc Cornell West is too big of a risk because of the electoral college and the fact you may take some of those votes. What do you think of people like that? Because they're progressive? Shouldn't they want these issues on the ticket? Shouldn't they want somebody like you on the ticket bringing up these issues?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 2: Don't know it's true. And that's wonderful question though, because it's mean you've got a progressive slice in the Democratic partner. I was with brother Bernie, as my dear sister knows, twice. They treated him badly, they treated him unjustly. They rigged the whole thing. You had Hillary Clinton and the others were going to ensure that he did not win no matter what. So at the core of the Democratic Party is a rot and that rottenness is corporate greed. And they tied the big money, big donors, big benefactors. Be a member of the Democratic Party and win without assets the big money. Now I'm as broke as the Ten Commandments, financially, personally, collectively. And I don't mind, because somewhere I read Siki first, Yeah, the Kingdom of God and all the rest of the things will be added. So when I hear AOC, I say, Okay, she's part of that progressive, small slice of the Democratic Party, but she's given in to the perceptions of the corporate wing of that party, and the corporate wing says over and over again, all we have is two parties. It's freaking frack. It's tweeted b and tweeted dump. There is a difference domestically, but not a whole lot of difference in terms of foreign policy. US Palestinian brothers on the West Bank when they got the various bombs coming at them, with five hundred and fifty Palestinian children are killed in fifty days. Somewhere I read or somewhere I heard, I heard vacation Bible school, and shot he little Baptist. Jesus loves the little children and all the children of the world, red and yellow, black or white, they are pressures in its sight. What Palestinian children child has exactly the same value as a precious Jewish child. And you asked the black politician, how come you won't say a mumbling word about the Palestine's undergoing that kind of suffering on the gravy train.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more with doctor Cornell West.
Speaker 4: When we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, ng.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlomagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with doctor Cornell West. And I don't forget Charlomagne is out. So if you want to give somebody donkey of the day, eight hundred five eight five one o five one phone lines, wide open eye, let's get back to doctor Cornell West, says the figure ro sat in with this interview with us doctors.
Speaker 4: You are right.
Speaker 6: The progressive movement, it started out, you know what.
Speaker 5: Everybody excited and it happened well before Bernie Sanders. But everybody will feel the burn, feel the burn, and now that burn is kind of fizzled out because there is current, a current split.
Speaker 6: How do we hold people like AOC accountable.
Speaker 5: That say, you know, and I'm just using her for example, piggyback on off Charlemagne's question. But what do we do for those that said, no, we're gonna push the line, we're gonna go hard, and then they flip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just gotta tell the truth, tell the truth and humility and the truth of the jagged edge in Janet's face, which is to say, it has a number of different dimensions to it. It comes back at us and it goes at others. No one of us have a monopoly on truth. Truth is bigger, justice is bigger, Beauty is bigger, Love is bigger. But we got to be honest, We got to be candid. Now, for example, if AOC was doing something important on the local level, if she was dealing with housing evictions, and I'm in solidary with folks dealing with all this gentrification, all this land grab and power grab, and he wanted her to do something within the neighborhood, I'd be there with her because it an'ybody heard it about me. It's about the people suffering when it comes to presidential politics, and people like so quick to endorse without leverage. I mean, it's amazing to me that people say, you know, brother West, you have a chance of turning the whole election. I told my wife in the world just three months ago, out wake up, and I'm listening to it, Retha, ain't nobody thinking about me. Three months later, I got the power to turn the whole election.
Speaker 17: That means somebody's not doing something right. You ain't lying right.
Speaker 2: You got this Black reversional Caucus's been in there all that time, and I'm out there lecturing and writing and so forth and so on, and then all of a sudden, I got this leverage. But I can tell you one thing. They're gonna have to put me in the grave before I sell out Black people, because I ain't selling out my mama. Oh I'm not selling out my daddy.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: They were always greater than me, great in love, greater in wisdom.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 2: So when I have leverage, I don't look at the black community. Wy my brother Tavis Smiley said so many other politicians do as some political calculation.
Speaker 18: No, I'm not at all.
Speaker 2: These are the people that love me, me into my sanity, into my dignity. It's like me giving up Curtis Mayfield Opten for the beach Boys.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 6: I ain't got nothing.
Speaker 2: That's right, ain't my thing, No, no, no, I want to hear someone near the baker, you know what I mean?
Speaker 17: That's right?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 17: I love the disruption you causing.
Speaker 22: And you know, you know, like you know you're a threat when everybody is saying you're going to be a threat. But I also see the media they're not wasting no time attacking you because now they're saying you owe a half a million dollars in taxes, and they're trying to say it's hypocrisy on your part because you spent so much of your life advocating for high your taxes on the wealthy. I'm like, I ain't never heard any of this about doctor Cornell West before, but now all of a sudden he's running for president.
Speaker 2: Everything's absolutely And the thing is, I mean, I told you before I got so much gangster in me. I was a gangst before. I'm at Jesus, I ain't nothing but a redeemed center with gangster proclivities. So that this whole lot of things. Anytime you know, you shine, you shine a flashlight under somebody's clothes, you're gonna find all kind of message, because that's what it is to be human. But the thing is one you don't wanna lie about it. I'm gonna tell the truth. I go to the grave for that. You broke that I've been broken until.
Speaker 4: Brother. That's the truth.
Speaker 2: And it's partly because you know, I do like to give them to love ones and others too, but I take responsibility for it too. But it don't make no difference to me. What's interesting is you want to use it as a distraction. Why don't you keep the focus on the suffering that I'm highlighting. Go to Harlem, go to Brooklyn, go to South central l A. Go to south side Chicago. That's what I'm talking about. That's what I'm concerned about. But they used to do the same thing. You know, the Supreme Court put Martin in jail for tax evags. Now Martin is a tax evaser in the same way that I'm a Norwegian, and I ain't got nothing against the Norwegian. But I ain't no Norwegian. I can tell you that right now. So it's just a matter of trying to hit you below the belt and keep the distraction. But the beautiful thing is Muhammad Ali, one of the greatest all free black feener. You got to give all honor oldge Mohammed tremendous present because he produced two of the freest black men, probably the two freest black men of the twentieth century, Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 17: Three. Don't forget mister Fara Khon, Well.
Speaker 2: That's true too. Now, miss a little Farra Calls is free. You absolutely right you have. And he's very much tied drawnnable Elijah Mohammad definitely and in that sense the minutes of a little Shara Khan. He is a kind of son of in that way you see. But what what what muhammada Adid do, Muhammad Ali roper do? You got to get your timing right. That's what the jazz musicians say, right. You got to time it in such a way that when it's time to swing, make sure it's effective, make sure it's got love in it, and make sure it has him packed.
Speaker 17: That's who we got.
Speaker 5: You mentioned in one of your interviews how we should be taking notice to all of these strikes going on so a moment ago you said, you know, the Democrats were saying, hey, all is well the economy as well. Break down to the people how you talked about, you know, it can't be going too well because people are striking everywhere.
Speaker 2: That isn't that the truth? Thank God the mighty Amazon brother, Chris, I thought we were gonna have striking you at ups, but they called it off the last minute and got a deal. But you got to continually engage because see, class struggle is inescapable in the capitalist society. You have to be very honest about that. And the end and aim is always to squeeze from the worker what you can to make the profits as high as you can. You got banks right here in New York to generating billions and billions and billions of dollars in standing in the pockets of the well to do well. We got three individuals in the country has wealth equivalent to one hundred and sixty million citizens and three people, three people. That's a key sweat moment when something something just ain't right, Dick you same as to with Cop City. Who's supporting Cop City? Democrats are Republicans. Black politicians down in Atlanta too, what's happening and what is cop city the militarization of an already militarized police force to do what to make sure that on the Chocolate side of town you're not engaging in the kind of protecting service that you ought to. It's suppressed, it's contained so it doesn't spill over to the other sections of town. Treat them where you want to. Look at our dear brother, and we're going to kick off the campaign in Mississippi but Matil Day in August twenty five and twenty six, and we got the brother Jenkins and brother Parker, brother Michael and brother Eddie. You've heard about that case, the two who have been so brutalized and sexually assaulted down in Mississippi and the and the officers just pleaded guilty. My dear brother, Malik Chabba just told me about. They just pleaded guilty. But we gonna be down there with those brothers. Why because that's where we begin, and it's just two hours from Delta, Mississippi. That's where the Blues comes from. That's Robert Johnson, hell Hound on my trail, that Sunhouse, that's the Smith and my rain and you see, that's the twentieth century was the most barbaric century of recorded time. Over one hundred and sixty million people killed wars, and the greatest breakthrough of the twentieth century was black music.
Speaker 3: All right, we got more with Doctor Cornell West. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Waning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlomagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Doctor Cornell West. I don't forget. Charlomagne is out.
Speaker 1: So if you want to give somebody.
Speaker 3: Donkey of the day eight hundred five eight five one five one phone lines of Wide Open Eye, let's get back to Doctor Cornell West, Charlomagne.
Speaker 17: How do you feel?
Speaker 22: Did you hear Meek Mill say recently that the record labels pay? Are this more to rap about negativity?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no doubt. I mean the three albums that I did, you know, I was blessed to work with Prince and Gerald of Vert and Probable and Jill Scott and Rod Digger and whole host of Carrus one and so forth. To My album Never Forget came out two thousand and seven, and we went to a variety of different labels, and they said, we don't want this political crap. We want G string music. String music, that's the language they use.
Speaker 22: That's somebody from a label said that, Oh yeah, what label? Do you remember the label Clyde Davis and them, Wow, that's who it was. Wow, that's who it was.
Speaker 2: And I said to myself, I didn't say it because again I just listened and is taking it in Well, Actually I said something like, you know, I don't have anything against G string. I'm a Christian. I'm a Christian, but I'm not a Puritan. You love, A good orgasm has its role and has its place. I don't think we all to just hook up with orgasm machines for the rest of our lives and just continually no no stop and having a little conversation, stopping to have some relation. But when you fetishize that relation to black people, that's nothing but white supremacy. In the musical context, you see, because Gils got handed crap. Curtis Mayfield ain't crap. Fight the power of both pe Public Enemy and the Isley Brothers. That's not crap at all. Now, Marvin Gaye saying was going on, let's get it on that's part of life. Sometimes you need to get it on. Other times you got to find out what's going on, and you got to prepare yourself spiritually, politically, and so forth. But there's no doubt that the spiritual warfare against the younger generation that tries to dumb down the music. You know, you got seven eleven songs, which is the songs with seven words, you sing it eleven times, antilation and stimulu. It doesn't keep you keeping.
Speaker 4: On if you win. If you do win, what would that do for our community? You think, well, the.
Speaker 2: First thing I'm gonna do is I told them my blessed wife again. I said that I'm not going to the White House until everybody has a house.
Speaker 17: Let me see.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna be spiritual servant leadership, meaning what then we're gonna talk about abolition. We're gonna bring back troops eight hundred military units around the world. America doesn't have to be an empire forcing every nation to succumb to its domination. America to be a nation among nations. We spend fifty seven cent for every dollar on military. We could be using that to wipe our poverty. We can be using that for jobs with a living wage. We can be using that for medicare for all and so forth. So it's going to be a new day in that sense. Now you can imagine, I mean, you know very realistically that you know when you bring that kind of black musical sensibility concerned with catastrophe, swing and improvisation, grounded with a courage and of love, they're gonna try to crush it like a cockroach.
Speaker 17: You ready for that?
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been ready for that all my life.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Black love is a crime in a white supremacist world. Anybody who falls in love with black people will be criminalized in a white supremacist.
Speaker 17: We've seen it having so many times.
Speaker 2: Every major black leader we had who fell in love with us criminalized, character assassination, literal assassination, marginalization, incarceration, moony y'all, blue Jamal. We can go on and on the rube all so many just a Shaicura Asada and others.
Speaker 22: Kind of Tupac question. I want to know what what do you think Republicans are getting right? And what are they getting wrong? What do you think Democrats are getting right? What do you think they're getting wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think the Republicans get one thing right. They've had historically in the last fifty years, a certain fear of centralized government undermining liberties. Now they've given that up recently because the neo Fascis have taken over. Because for me, you see, I believe in workers' control. I have a suspicion of government too, and it's partly because of the kind of surveillance and cointael pro and the ways in which government has assets to powers of surveillance of each and every one of us. So I'm deeply tied to personal liberty. I'm deeply tied to individual rights. I think people ought to be able to make their own decisions. It be women having control over their bodies. It could be gay brothers like James Baldwin, lesbian sisters like Audrey Lord, or trans or anybody. Individual liberties are important, but they are important alongside overcoming structures of domination in the economy, in discrimination in the workplace. What do the Democrats get right? Democrats get right the defense of rights of women and gay brothers and lesbian sisters and trans. You know, they've been decent on that wind pushed when black though well, neither one of them are fundingly committed to defending black folk. There ain't no accident. That's why supremacy at work at its deepest level. It's inseparable from the economy. It's inseparable from education, it's inseparable from the spiritual condition of black people. We don't love ourselves, affirm ourselves, and so forth. But it means to me that neither one of these parties has ever ever made it a priority to empower black people.
Speaker 17: And see what that said. I don't understand how come the Green Party.
Speaker 22: Isn't able to make more of an impact because they are a viable, I would think, a viable alternative to this two party system that people claim to be sick of.
Speaker 2: Well, part of it is the Green Party itself has never made it a major priority to empowerable either. Am I telling the truth about even absolutely. They concerned about the environments, rightly, so, they concerned about capitalism rightly, so, they're concerned about patriarchy rightly, so patriarch in relation to black sisters, Brown sisters, Indigenous sisters, Middle Eastern sisters, and so forth, Yes, in principle, but not a priority. Not a priority, you see. And so those of us who are improvisational in moving from one context to the next. You had to be true to what's inside of you. That's all. You just have to be true. It would be like James Brown, you know, playing the Funk in the Apollo and go to Carnegie Hall and start playing Lawrence Welk. He's not gonna do that. He's true to himself. The Funk is gonna be as funky and Carnegie Hall and is gonna be in the Apollo. That's what we need. We need politicians. We need black professionals like that, you know, not just wearing the mask and trying to get through based on their careers and the next opportunity they can size.
Speaker 17: How do you support your campaign? Brother?
Speaker 2: We got the website.
Speaker 4: Cornel West twenty four dot org dot org.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you got going ahead.
Speaker 22: To donate, the volunteer all of that Cornel West twenty four dot org.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you, brother for joining us this all.
Speaker 2: But you all stay strong because that I said, this is consecrated space. Mask people who come through here, the musicians, the artists, the leaders, the Yesterday you had the brothers wrestling with the ghetto chef and the food and the mother in front of the prisons and things. This is this is the space. This is like the ring shout place, you know, and on the slavery was against the law for us reading writers, against the law for us to worship God with our white supervision. We had to steal away and hold a hand in the ring shout and then just raise a beautiful song, swing old sweet Cherry. They consecrated that space where they could be free in their deep African black cells.
Speaker 4: What's so?
Speaker 2: It is here on fifty fifth Street?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 17: We call this the Black Mothership.
Speaker 2: That's right, Black Mothership. That's oh now is that Son Raw is at George Clinton?
Speaker 17: And then George Clinton.
Speaker 4: It's doctor Cornell West and it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning everybody. It's d j n V Charlamagne de Goude. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Clodia Jordan here. And let's get to rumors.
Speaker 4: Everyone where I really this is the rumor reports the boys. Sometimes they say it downstake.
Speaker 18: On the Breakfast Club. Jordan's stories are great.
Speaker 4: If you live long enough.
Speaker 27: What's gonna have?
Speaker 2: That's very true?
Speaker 18: Very true?
Speaker 4: What's okay? Taylor? Taylor made it on another intro. I like that one. Yeah, that's all. That was cute. Okay, not like Soul's boy. My stories are true. Here's true too, all right, Jamie Fox and Jennifer Anathon, listen, there's a whole bunch of backlash. He received backlash for a social media posts that it shared regarding fake friends. The post said they killed this dude named Jesus. What do you think they'll do to you? Hashtag fake friends, hashtag fake love. Well. The posts sparked a whole bunch of criticism of Fox's vague mentioning of the words you know, they causing the Jewish community to feel targeted. A lot of people came to Jamie's offense, dating the post was a cultural thing, and most people knew that this was a reference to, you know, betrayal of Judas and not an attack of the Jews on the Jews. Jennifer Anithon received backlash because she liked the posts and people's like hold up now, sis relaxed, and she posted this story. She posted it to a story this really makes me sick. I did not like this post on purpose or by accident. And more importantly, I want to be clear to my friends and anyone hurt by this showing up on their feeds. I do not support any form of anti Semitism, and I truly don't tolerate hate of any kind.
Speaker 3: The only anti thing I got from that post was anti friends, and the post had less to do with that and more to his statement of fake friends. I'm sure with somebody in his life that was a fake friend. And he was saying and in our culture we've said things like this before. I don't think he was attacking any group at all. You're like, come on, it's to the point where people are being too sensitive now. I guess people felt offended, so he decided to take it down and apologize.
Speaker 4: But he wasn't going at any group.
Speaker 3: He was talking about a friend that I'm sure did him dirty, and that's what he was trying to compare it.
Speaker 4: To white people. White people, this is for you, as this is your black sided whiteside, and this is my black sides speaking right now, okay, and speaking to my mama and to all the white folks out there. There's things and our community that is we don't have to explain because it's understood.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Who's grandma did not tell them? Baby? If they killed Jesus, What do you think they'll do to you? That's something that we say. It means if the most perfect human that we've ever heard of, I known of perfect being was murdered or killed and people betrayed him, don't think you're better than That has nothing to do with anti Semitism. It's unbelievable that and I honestly I don't feel that he should have apologized, and Jamie posted this apology. I want to apologize to the Jewish community and everyone that was offended by my post. I know my choice of words I've caused offense and I'm sorry. That was never my intent. To clarify. I was betrayed by a fake friend and that's what I meant by they, not anything more. I have love in my heart for everyone I love and support the Jewish community. My deepest apologies to anyone that was offended. Nothing but love always, Jamie Fox. Jamie Fox, this is my black side speaking to you as well. You shouldn't apologize. The more we uh tiptoe around things like this, and it gives validity to people even thinking that was that was such a reach. Jennifer Aniston and the community that thinks that they were come a for you. He was coming for you. He was not. He wasn't right. Like, we get into a point where we have to like backpaddle everything we say to appease one group. Where's the apologies to us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything is intention right, and his intention wasn't to offend anybody. And I mean, and that's clear. The problem is is people get offended by anything. We've seen it happen when Lizzo said something, had to take something out of one of her records. We seen it when Beyonce and Beyonce had to take something out of her record. That's cultural things that we've said. Now, if it was an intention to offend somebody, I completely understand. But in this case, there was no way, no how, not even a little bit of an offensive tone from Jamie Fox.
Speaker 4: The problem is everybody wants to be a victim, and everyone's like, I'm offended. Back in our day growing up, we're close to the same age, right, that used to build character. Even if you were offended by something, you would learn how to rebound from that or have a clap back. And I feel like we've gotten so I can't even say the word i't want to use, but we become weakened and water down where we just can't take anything, and being offended is the worst thing on earth, right, Being offended I was made me a savage and be able to respond quickly and come back with something we need to bring back playing a dozens and make people hard again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but pause, no, no, But I will also say this, and I'm sure Jamie probably have a lot of fans, a lot of follows that are Jewish, and maybe they felt a way about it, and he wanted to be like, you know what, that wasn't my attention and if you felt that way, I'm sorry, But I don't think.
Speaker 4: People took it like that. I just think people took look for a story and took that story ran with it. And shame on you, Jennifer Anison, because I like you and I feel like you put a battery in people's backs with that. He really did all right. Moving on Neo apologizing to the LBGTQ community for recent remarks. He recently did an interview with Glory Valais on blad TV Now. During his interview, he gave his personal opinion on children and gender identity. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 27: I have no issue with with the lb G. I have no problem with none of yet with nobody. They love, we love, do what you do exactly. I just personally come from an era where a man was a man and a woman was a woman, and it wasn't but two genders, and that's just how it rocked. I feel like parents have almost forgotten what the role of a parent is. It's like, Okay, if your little boy comes to you and says, Daddy, I want to be a girl, and you just let him rock with that.
Speaker 4: You just let he's five And where did he get that here?
Speaker 17: If you let this.
Speaker 27: Five year old boy decide to eat candy all day, he's gonna do this. Exactly when did it become a good idea to let a five year old, let a six year old letter twelve year old make a life changing decision for their self?
Speaker 4: Where's the lie? Where's the lie? But then he with much pressure, he was forced into an apology. He said, after much reflection, I'd like to express my deepest apology to anyone I may have hurt with my comments on parenting and gender identity. I've always been an advocate for love and inclusivity in the LGGTQ community. So I understand how my comments may have been interpreted as insensitive and offensive. It goes on and on and on, once again, another black person having to apologize for having an opinion. Now, Listen, I understand it's tumultuous times and the community. I've definitely been under attack one thousand percent, so a black people, right. I agree with comments about parents not really parenting anymore and like kind of letting the children lead the way, and I think we need to get back to a place where listen, I want to wear makeup. When I was twelve, I wasn't allowed to because my mom put her foot down and said, listen, that's something you do when you're older. You get too closer to me, to an adult, we wouldn't let a kid eat whatever they want, play with fire. I think when you're young, you go through phases, and I think, let kids be kids and just like live and just worry about kid things. I think sexuality and sex is something that we five and six years old. It shouldn't even be on the radar at that point. I think, like, I think we're just getting introducing sex and sexuality is so young, and I know people might fit maud of that comment. But I'm standing by and I'm not apologizing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like, as a parent, you decide to parent your kid the way that you want to parent your kid.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I feel that at age five six, I don't want my kids to be thinking about sex, not at all, not any type of sex, right, And it's not just a LBGT. I think he's straight sex, not gay sex, not any type of sex. I don't want any type of sex references at the age of five and six, and not even at the age of ten. I have a ten year old, a nine year old. I had to start counting. One is about to be seven, and one's about to be two, and that's not something that I even want on their mind. I want them to be kids. I want them to play outside. I want them to play basketball and football and dance. And my daughter's making movies at the house using iMovie now, having a great time. But I don't want sex to be a part of that. And I don't make them or allow them to watch anything that has any type of any sexual you know, any windows at all. So am I a bad parent for that?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 3: But if Neil wants to raise his kids. I think he has a lot of them. He can raise them the way that he wants to be. And I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: So I mean, what do you say? And there is an argument right to the critics, I will say, hey, but you know, I want my kid to feel comfortable living in their truth correct And they say they recognize that our early and I do believe that. I you believe children, some children are born, They're born that way. You know what I mean? Like, I don't want to stifle them, right, I just think we should talk less about sex and more about kid things. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to stifle how my kid feels, or what my kid wants or what my kid thinks that they him or her wants. But I will try to lead a life as a kid. When I was a kid, I was a kid. I played I played video games, I played baseball. I did whatever I wanted to do. My parents didn't stifle me, but I also didn't have Like I'm a grown ass man.
Speaker 4: And I still haven't had a conversation with the birds and bees with my mom and.
Speaker 3: My dad yet. I'm still waiting for that conversation. Dad I know you're listening.
Speaker 17: Everyone.
Speaker 3: We still didn't have that conversation, but that's what it was. We didn't have that conversation. When we get to a little older age, when there teens and it's more and then they won't have that conversation. But right now, I just want my kids to be kids, just play, have fun, enjoy life, support.
Speaker 4: Them without stifling them. But I don't encourage any kind of sex talk until they're.
Speaker 17: A little older.
Speaker 4: Maybe I feel the same way. All right, were on the same page. A right, Y'll be mad if y'all want you whatever. That's what we think. And I think we got to get back to your point where we can have opinions on things without it being called a phobia.
Speaker 1: Correct, And that is your room or report now. Charlemagne is out.
Speaker 3: If you want to give donkey of the data, anybody you want eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one phone line to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, give donkey the data. Whoever you want is the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 22: With audio titles on business, fitness, motivation, and more, audible keeps your imagination pumped and ready to.
Speaker 17: Hit new goals.
Speaker 22: Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts, and originals you could want and sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com.
Speaker 17: Slash Breakfast Club, it's.
Speaker 4: Your time to nominate a donkey of your own.
Speaker 18: Remember now, that's just how they choose.
Speaker 19: Call in now eight hundred five eight five one five one on.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ NV Charlomagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. Charlemagne is out, So opening up the four lines to give donkey of the day to whoever you want. Claudia Jordan is here, our guest host, So let's go right to the phone line.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: My name was Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jennifer, Who are gonna give donkey too?
Speaker 13: The people advances who got their ass whoop in Montgomery?
Speaker 4: They deserve to do.
Speaker 12: They did it and they awn a gas station.
Speaker 15: And sell to Alabama.
Speaker 29: And I worked at the hospital and they came in the hospital scared to death last night.
Speaker 4: Oh you went over there last night.
Speaker 12: I'm I actually working sell my Alabama.
Speaker 15: I'm a contract worker at the hospital.
Speaker 4: So you see some of the people come in there and they were scared to death.
Speaker 12: They were scared to death.
Speaker 15: They called the police. They said, everybody is in here.
Speaker 21: They said what Yeah, that's what they said.
Speaker 4: They said, everybody what our nig in here? So you you saw them at the hospital where they were, they like a lot of injuries with anybody teeth knocked out?
Speaker 30: Oh yeah, they like one lady.
Speaker 12: It was three men and one woman.
Speaker 26: The woman had a fifth print and taste on the left side of the face and it was huge.
Speaker 10: But well, I had you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: Don't get me wrong, I was tickled.
Speaker 29: But I was thinking to myself, like, y'all died, everything.
Speaker 4: Y'all got you know, domessic, think about it?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean it is I like that term. He tickled me too, you got a footprint. But then but then they come to the hospital. Now now, now they come into the to the black nurses hit some elp.
Speaker 12: Exactly, and then they looking at everybody like, oh my god, everybody's black, everybody.
Speaker 29: And then they called the police and the police told them, hey, we need to get treated or you leave, and they left.
Speaker 4: So you're messed with black people. You have found out asked me, you got a footprint in your forehead? Then you go to the hospital and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, this is more than Yeah, footprint on your face is crazy.
Speaker 4: Hello, who is this.
Speaker 8: With?
Speaker 3: It's Willie from Alabama. Now now Willie, who you gonna give donkey too?
Speaker 15: I want to get dunk on the day to the owners of vessels the mini mart. They came down here. So my grandma Alabama and jumped on that dude who go by the nine dangs.
Speaker 1: Now that's your friend, the security guard.
Speaker 15: I know him.
Speaker 4: How's he doing?
Speaker 15: He all right? He have a good experience because everybody's down here.
Speaker 11: We support him.
Speaker 1: We definitely support him.
Speaker 26: Man.
Speaker 1: And so he's a security guard.
Speaker 4: How old is the brother?
Speaker 15: Name got to be like years old.
Speaker 3: So he's an older gentleman. They try to whoop his ass. I'm so glad that people jumped on his ass so fast.
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, but we go through that all the time.
Speaker 4: Man. Is he in social media?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 15: He don't have no social media. But I can get him to call you guys, what's his number?
Speaker 4: But we gonna speak to him. What can can you?
Speaker 1: Can you call him on three way right fast?
Speaker 15: I can't call him on three real fast. He was one of them type of older dudes. But you just got to pull up on him.
Speaker 4: He always you've got to pull up on him.
Speaker 26: Man.
Speaker 4: All right, Willie, we love him. Can you tell him we love him and we salute him, and I think he just inspired a whole movie. Are people sticking of us sticking together? Absolutely?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I got dall on record, so soon as I get off work, I'm gonna go shore to him.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well we appreciate what's his name, my name, not you, Willie, the man, the man.
Speaker 15: That got danang Dan name Day, your nay.
Speaker 1: Name day there as a dog dog and nanny as an uh not.
Speaker 15: Not bang bang bang bang.
Speaker 4: Bang bang bang bangley with a b like boy no.
Speaker 15: Dang bang like dang bangers.
Speaker 4: Dang dang dang d a n g. All right, well, salute the dang dan. Thank you. WILLI the market owners trying to say that he don't he he had nothing to do that he left. He's like, no, no, was it? I walked away? I walked away?
Speaker 9: It was it?
Speaker 4: All right, we'll see this video. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: It's a shoot?
Speaker 1: Who you gonna get donkey too?
Speaker 30: Tell them white people that jump security guard and then try to play the victim when the publice came right.
Speaker 3: I'm in surprised more more than me didn't get thrown into the water because I'd have been thrown them in the water like crazy.
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 16: They was knocking them out though, So it's cool.
Speaker 4: It's too you know, it's funny. There was real bowl with it when it was six on one to the poor brother, the brother by himself. But then when then we pulled up, they were like they want to they didn't want to, and the gentleman.
Speaker 15: And we traumatized them.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: And the gentleman that picked up the chair, he wasn't a younger dude, he was an older man. He was getting busy with that chair. Ww style.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it took me back to my faihood.
Speaker 10: I'm like, damn, get on the rope.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You know, speaking of that chair, I have a fun fact. On July seventeenth, nineteen eleven, Nathaniel Alexander a black man patting the first folding chair. Really yo, I found this back last night. I'm black Twitter. I will die laughing. I'm a post on my ig.
Speaker 18: Lauren.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: How you feeling, Lauren.
Speaker 26: I'm good. I actually just got our work, y'all.
Speaker 4: Lauren.
Speaker 1: You the woman that that you're from Alabama?
Speaker 15: Correct, correct?
Speaker 1: Now you're the woman that.
Speaker 3: That filmed the whole thing, right, So you were filming from the boat.
Speaker 1: So so break down what happened. You guys are on that boat.
Speaker 3: The boat's coming in and you're seeing this altercation happen on the dock.
Speaker 1: So explain everything that happened.
Speaker 26: Okay, So we were like on the stop. We were waiting to get on like the ferry boat, and we just had a little thing we could have books for my cousins, a private party where different cycle you know, where's the cycle. While the boats going and the hitter boat and Harriet.
Speaker 23: Was trying to come in.
Speaker 12: The smaller boats went in.
Speaker 26: A way they were trying to move the boat and the security they caused it to me and basically they started unhensing the boat and booting at bat and the guy the white women that went down there, you know it with a lot of skin swoining stuff like that, and then the white guy just hitting them and all of the people that was come out on the thing wherever, but all of them jumped on him.
Speaker 31: I'm you, the Harriet is now on like cutting closer to the docks. So like the crew members, everybody saw it. But instead of your quotes throwing up.
Speaker 26: There something going on by their basis, some of them blankstot got back in their boat that sat there. So that's why we see the gentlemen and now everybody jumping off the boat. It's because they saw them jump on his bed and literally got on their boat like what happened to them, And that's why when the boat got close and they were able to leap over and one individual, I think he was sixteen years old, he.
Speaker 15: Swam over while.
Speaker 26: They were doing it. That's why they did that. That's why they because yeah, it's literally all he's all pretty guard asking.
Speaker 16: To do was to loose your boat.
Speaker 4: And it went from there was a sixteen year old Was he on your boat that you were on? Did he jump off the boat you were on?
Speaker 26: No, No, he was on the Harriet.
Speaker 16: We were on the dock, okay, waiting to vote on a smaller little like you know, excursion but you kettle and your dream and you know party that his boat.
Speaker 26: Couldn't come in either because.
Speaker 31: Of their boats were in the way. So they asked him to move their boat and some reason, whatever the case may be decided to.
Speaker 26: Swing on the security or.
Speaker 4: Wow, Lauren, we lost you. Damn we lost Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren was actually one of the people that actually filmed, uh well, one of the people that filmed the incident that happened in Alabama eye witness.
Speaker 4: She seated, ah Man, I wish I was there.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to open up the phone lines. And I know we're supposed to talk about some other things. I want to open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you've seen something like this happening to a gentleman that you didn't know, a brother out there getting into an altercation with some white folks, and white folks were jumping him, would you help?
Speaker 4: That is the question.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. I know a lot of you say I would help. I wouldn't do it, but it's a little different. We're asking would you help. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss. This's the breakfast club.
Speaker 17: Go one.
Speaker 1: Call out, you pull out your phone, call in right now, you call me.
Speaker 4: Add your opinion to the breakfast club top break it down.
Speaker 19: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one the Breakfast Club. It's topic times.
Speaker 16: The phone.
Speaker 19: Called eight hundred and five eight five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Talk about it morning, everybody, It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. Now.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, we got our guest co host, Claudia Jordan. She's hanging with me today. We were talking about what happened in Alabama at Alabama Brawl. If you're just waking up, there was a security guard at a boat dock. He was trying to get somebody to move their boat because the actual steamboat was coming in.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't move the boat, and they jumped the brother. All right, it was a black guy.
Speaker 3: It was a bunch of white dudes and a white and couple of white women, and they jumped them, jumped them crazy.
Speaker 1: The black people watching it on the boat that was coming in.
Speaker 3: Actually one dude's jumped in the water started swimming, and when that boat got.
Speaker 1: Ashore, they whooped those white people's casts.
Speaker 3: So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one five one, if you've seen somebody in distress, would you help.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this Hey, Jane goome on morning. Now we're asking if you've seen something like this happen, would you help?
Speaker 26: Absolutely, not only time markets, but the nearest managing push off the boat because what are you doing?
Speaker 6: I have to go help.
Speaker 4: But when I saw a.
Speaker 31: Female doctoring out a female, yeah, they would.
Speaker 11: Have got the one on one.
Speaker 21: I get my ask, not out.
Speaker 15: I even gonna lie eat.
Speaker 4: So Jenny, you can't fight, I ain't.
Speaker 31: I would have doctored for the lord.
Speaker 4: So there's gonna be people that are gonna fight. And then we need some people in the film crill. So you be on the film crill?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, no help documentation?
Speaker 21: Hello, who's this this trash?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 4: Tresh?
Speaker 1: Now we're asking if you've seen this happen, and what would you do?
Speaker 4: I we jump in.
Speaker 30: I honestly put jump in. I'm not a person that likes injustice or a vice, but I also am a person that love when our community had up for one another.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I didn't even ask you, Laudy, what would you do if you've seen that situation happen?
Speaker 4: What would you do?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I've been waiting for a Karen trying me. Really, I have like I just have, like I'm just so sick of. You know, the last few years been really tough. If you've been to be black in America, has to be mad all the time because of what we see. And we've seen all these people just getting like slowly killed right in front of us, and people are filming.
Speaker 1: I jump in.
Speaker 4: I would jump in. I would jump in and try not to go a hip out.
Speaker 3: See, I'm the gentleman with the chair, that is me. I'm not a fair fighter. I never know what somebody has in their back pockets. I'm not playing any games. I'm grabbing a chair, knocking you off. And I am very surprised I didn't see more people in the water because I'm pushing everybody in the water. He said, everybody's going in the water.
Speaker 1: I'm not because I'm just gonna push you.
Speaker 15: In the water.
Speaker 3: And I know for about the next five minutes you got to swim back on sure, and I'm good. I'm just gonna be pushing mad people in the water.
Speaker 4: You know that Doc Water is mad filthy too, you know, she is hell.
Speaker 3: Getting out of air the only thing I was fearful of, you know, because a lot of time they say Black people can't swim, right, so they push one of us in the water. We can't swim mad they drowning right now. Somebody gotta go get them.
Speaker 4: But I could swim. I'm pushing everybody in that water. I like it, man, I like I like the unity. I hope it starts a moving Like I said, hello, who's this? Who kat gave?
Speaker 3: What's up from Brownsville? Talk to me what you're doing if you see something like this happening.
Speaker 12: I feel like I wouldn't help anybody.
Speaker 32: That's when the in the disadvantage, especially if you're from our city, because even when you were in gun play, had it out, I say, y'all, I will I will go in for NB you know what I'm saying. And I'm gonna go hard for people that's from the color of my skin, and if they not from the color of my skin, I feel like I would like break it up because I don't like.
Speaker 12: Seeing people with disadvantages, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's that's another thing too, is when it's our own people, you want to help even more like and it's this has nothing to do with it, but like if you ever go out of town, and it's a bunch of New York dudes in the club. New York always stick together. You might not know anybody at all, but when it's New York, we all stick together.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: We don't know each other from nobody.
Speaker 15: Like cousins when we're out of town and everything.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But that way, were back in New York, we enemies.
Speaker 3: We hate each other. Oh you from the Bronx from b back. That's we gotta work on that part. We work on the black part. Were all black, no matter where we're from.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you?
Speaker 2: KK?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 4: Talk to me?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: You know why I'm jumping in over?
Speaker 18: Why?
Speaker 8: Because black people don't just bother white people. He was probably doing this job.
Speaker 4: He was, and it was entitled, so now you're entitled to.
Speaker 8: This as I like that.
Speaker 2: I like it a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Hey, how you doing? I'm good?
Speaker 12: I mean, we try to guess holds up there?
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Where are you from?
Speaker 18: What you mean?
Speaker 12: Brother?
Speaker 1: You just want to just guess hold because you just want to get hold.
Speaker 4: There we go again with me and side.
Speaker 12: One of the guest holds on the on the breakfast club man, what's something?
Speaker 4: How how does that make you feel?
Speaker 1: Coldy, you've been putting your chops and you've been working for a long time.
Speaker 4: It is just from Brooklyn. It's like I can do that job. I feel like when y'all no.
Speaker 12: No, no, she stake the club that she's doing an amazing job. I just think that we would be a good addition to the show that But I gotta.
Speaker 4: Speak on this. Yeah, when Jefs is on here, when Everthy is on here, when all these other fed la la, y'all don't be like y'all should let the average person come up here, because it's because I feel like when I'm up here, I just everybody, like everybody that's y'all not get me. Do I suck?
Speaker 8: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 12: Crida, like I said, justide a shot at you.
Speaker 10: I'm just I mean, I just need an opportunity to.
Speaker 4: Show what I could do that only happens when I'm here. Do they do this on it with everybody else in here? No, jesus me, we know I'm gonna say, I'm I'm for the people. I'm the people.
Speaker 3: There you go eight hundred and five eight five one o five when we're talking to Alabama brawl that went over went down over the weekend. If you've seen a brother in distress? Would you jump in? Or would you mind your business?
Speaker 4: Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 19: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is dj En V Charlamagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you joining us. We got Claudia Jordan here, she's our guest host. Charlemagne is out, he'd be back tomorrow. So we're asking the Alabama brawler went down over the weekend, if you've seen a brother in distress, what would you do? Would you help or would you mind your business? Now, I know a lot of people said they would mind their business because we've heard of this before. People jump in and maybe you know, somebody has a weapon and they wound up getting hurt or killed or shot, or you know, if it's a couple fight and.
Speaker 4: You jump in and now they both turn and jump on your ass and they stay together anyway, And they stay together anyway. So that is the question. Let's go to the phone line.
Speaker 14: Oh, who's this?
Speaker 29: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 15: This Tisa?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Takeisa? What you doing?
Speaker 26: I'm rolling up right now?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, what would you do in that situation?
Speaker 3: I know you're listening to us, Tekeisa, Like, what would you do in a situation you see a brother under distress?
Speaker 18: You helping them?
Speaker 4: On your mind?
Speaker 26: It is I'm jumping in.
Speaker 31: I wouldn't ask, I'm taking names.
Speaker 29: I'm getting some of the best.
Speaker 4: Shots, don't do you feel like, especially the stuff we've been witnessing with like you know, seeing George Floyd and like all the other black men that we have all witness gets snuffed out, Like do you think that that has a lot to do with it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: People just sick and tired of seeing it, like, ain't gonna happen on our watch anymore?
Speaker 29: Yes, that's exactly what I was just about to say. That's part of the problem. Too many people standing around.
Speaker 15: Just watching it.
Speaker 29: Right, You're watching women be disrespected, watch meggat just come on, no jump in and with theys. And it's an argument that on the other the other color, the other tide, Oh they jump in, they don't hear they know each other?
Speaker 1: Now, ta Keisa, when's the last time you got into a fight.
Speaker 29: Man, I'm forty seven years old and I am not fighting.
Speaker 3: To Kesa, you ain't whooping nobody. You're gonna get tired after you pushed the first person.
Speaker 29: Hey, dj N, I'm dragging somebody.
Speaker 4: You go dragging for tens and then you're gonna be tired. They're gonna get some water.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, I'm just gonna push people in the water because I got about a good sixty seconds and I'm gonna be tired.
Speaker 4: I'm being like, you know, look at you.
Speaker 10: That's the timer murder.
Speaker 29: You don't know, compolks, because you can't go keep your folks in the water now.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna drag him.
Speaker 1: But I can't push them in the water.
Speaker 4: To Keisa, now, t Keisa, we are out the same age I'm gonna get. I'm I'm gonna be with you with that. But we all gonna get tired. But they're gonna get They're gonna get ten fifteen seconds a hell from us before we get tired, ten tenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Ten to fifty seconds of hell.
Speaker 4: That's right, I'm gonna be tired. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 26: Good morning?
Speaker 31: This is shine from Detroit.
Speaker 1: He ain't showing what up, Doe. So what's Detroit doing?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: You see a brother in distress?
Speaker 4: What you doing, Mama?
Speaker 31: Well, because I'm from Detroit, I'm from East seven, I gotta be careful. I don't want to just get the swinging on people and I don't know who right or who's wrong. I stand for my people one hundred percent, but I go to Smith, Karen or Baby and find out we know we wrong. You couldn't hit baby kid or something. Now we all in jail with the stupie.
Speaker 1: So you you're gonna you wanna analyze first.
Speaker 3: You're gonna sit back and say, all right, let me find out who's right or wrong first, and then you're gonna start whooping ass exactly.
Speaker 31: I got white friends and black plans, so yeah, I get it, but I'm gonna always say it for my people first.
Speaker 15: Okay, I gotta know what's going on.
Speaker 4: But the white side don't do that. They all jumped on that guy without even though he was just doing his job, you know what I'm saying. So we gotta return energy. Sometimes I think you.
Speaker 31: Know I saying, Claudia, I'm sorry, I can't. Yes, Claudia, Yes, you're right, you start right. They did Joe with their brother when he was just doing his job.
Speaker 4: That's right. So we give them more courtesy than they give us. So I think the daisy to be over. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: Charlie from the Troit you know, Detroit on the line heavy. When I started talking about a fighting topic, Detroit call it so crazy.
Speaker 23: Bro.
Speaker 1: So Charlie, what's up? You see a man in distress?
Speaker 10: What you dom?
Speaker 15: Man ain't no herd.
Speaker 12: If I can't jump in that the only.
Speaker 8: Way I can't say it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 15: My wife probably.
Speaker 10: Would lose her marble for fear of what could happen.
Speaker 12: Right, But man ain't no way. It can't go down without like that.
Speaker 3: I'm with you because when I look at that brother, I look at my father, my uncle, my brother, like you look at a family member, and especially if it's a black woman, I'm looking at mama, grandmama.
Speaker 1: My sister, my daughter.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You're just looking at to really just to beat up anybody that that that mess with them.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Yoe?
Speaker 4: Detroit? Yo? Yellow colored in Eli.
Speaker 3: When I start mentioning physical fighting, Detroit calling so crazy because you gotta.
Speaker 10: I wish you was a boat called and here you're here and Nick County and the doing this, the tears. I've been talking to you in the water episode.
Speaker 4: Elijah can't curse.
Speaker 3: So I so imagine that party I did in Detroit two weeks ago, right, you know, right on the water side, and a brother was getting beat up by some white folks.
Speaker 4: What's happening, man, that's.
Speaker 10: The whole entire crowding out there.
Speaker 4: The whole crowd would have whipped his ass.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he ain't thrown in the order too. We had a boat like the Princess, they probab would have put up under it.
Speaker 4: Damn it man A thank you. Let me go to one more caller. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 12: Hevy was good?
Speaker 4: Miss Mitch? Where you call it from?
Speaker 15: I'm calling from Atlanta?
Speaker 4: Atlanta? All right?
Speaker 1: Now you see a brother in distressed, Mitch, Mitch, what you're doing?
Speaker 4: Mitch?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, smoke, it's going all the way up. You already know it's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 10: You already know it was the other way around.
Speaker 8: We went to end up. You know, we gotta gotta support our people.
Speaker 12: We gotta fight for our people.
Speaker 4: Man, if we can keep this energy going and then start dealing with each other, like stop stop the nonsense between us. We can be so powerful. I'm with you. I am totally with you. Go to Twitter and look at black Twitter. They are going and they had a meme of a Timberland pull up to a doc and had the SS dead ass on it. Like there was so many funny memes all over social media. Like go to black Twitter and just just google it. It's so funny. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say this, I love the fact that we all stood up and roll with each other. I just pray to God that you know, in other situations we could ride ride with each.
Speaker 4: Other more often.
Speaker 3: I mean there's so many times where a lot of times we go against each other and not even know anything. It was good to see that that we supported that brother, we helped that brother and had that brother's back.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't stop there.
Speaker 3: We got to continue to support our own we gotta to continue support our own businesses. We got to continue to support, support, support, support, and I don't think we should stop until we support each other.
Speaker 4: And there's an art even to be made that they the brothers that did jumping and the sisters perhaps could have prevented a murder. That guy could have been murdered, correct, like it was eight on one. They could have stopped him until he was done breathing, you know what I mean. And no one got killed, So we can make a light of the situation. But I do like that, you know, the brother was protective.
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, we got rooms on the way. But we're talking about Yo.
Speaker 4: A big story with Kai Sannat and how they are coming for his neck. Will got more on that when we get back.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. It's j n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Claudia Jordan.
Speaker 4: Fun Times here. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my brother Rob. He's listening this morning.
Speaker 3: He was like, support, support, support, we have to support. But he was like, yo, E, I have a restaurant. You haven't came one time. All right, I'm gonna come to your restaurant today. Oh I forgot it's closed today, so I can't even come today, Rob.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna pay for it, right, You're gonna pay. You're not gonna ask for the hookup. You canna support black businesses the restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'm just come, yes, I am. Well, let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Everyone where Really the rumor reports.
Speaker 6: Toy soldier boys.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they say it sounds fake.
Speaker 18: On the breakfast Flood, Jordan's stories are.
Speaker 4: If you live long enough, he's gonna have story that is very true. So all right. Twitch star high Sonata is being charged with the felony and two misdemeanors after his free PlayStation giveaway in New York City went left Now. He collaborated with another influence of Fenom to give away five PlayStations and Union Square. What can whatever could go wrong? Well, the two invited there are millions of followers to join them in New York City at four pm for the giveaway.
Speaker 28: Now.
Speaker 4: According to the police, the crowd grew around three pm, spilling into surrounding areas. It really got crazy. It's reported that most of the crowd was peaceful, but a handful of attendees began throwing rocks, bottles, and building materials out of others in the crowd. Police ended up detaining sixty five people, including Kai Sanat. Nearly half of them were juveniles and uh, I don't want to call him with that, but Mayor of New York had something to say. He needs to beat he's outside every Adams, this.
Speaker 28: Is a influencer. Kai Sanat was released from police custody today after yesterday's chaos.
Speaker 4: In Union Square.
Speaker 28: Police issued a desk appearance ticket to Sanat, which requires him to appear in court on August eighteenth. He faces charges of inciting a riot and promoting an unlawful gathering after Sainat's giveaway event turned violent. Today, Mayor Adams spoke about the investigation into the giveaway event, saying he believes other people could also be responsible for the riot.
Speaker 9: You don't come to get free game boys and bring smoke bombs and bring madis and bring other disruptive items, and so we believe there were some outside influencers that may have attempted to aggravate this situation.
Speaker 3: Now, as far as Costino's concerned, I mean he's an influence. He has a large influence, and with influence also comes responsibility. I don't think he wanted this. I don't think he intended for this to happen. I think he was just trying to do something nice. For his followers and his fans, and it got out of control. But a lot of times we gotta think, you know, he didn't think. I'm sure he didn't think what ten thousand people are going to be there? Some people said twenty thousand. But if you really think about it, think about a festival with ten, fifteen, twenty thousand no security, you know, think about a concert or a baseball game or a football game with no security. That's what happened in Union Square, and it could have got a lot worse. Do I think he should get jail time or anything like that. No, I mean I think it was a learning lesson, and I think hopefully he did learn that lesson. Something else that was very disturbing is when I seen one of the cars driving off, there was like ten kids on top of the car and the car was taking off. One of them kids could have flew off and killed and died. But no, I don't think he should get jail time. If they want to charge him a fee of fine for whatever it may be, maybe for what happened with Union Square and a couple of those businesses and cars that got you know, destroyed, that's fine. But I don't think he should get any type of jail time. He's a young kid. He was trying to do something nice for his followers and his fans. I know people saying, yeah, but he shouldn't have, but I don't. That wasn't in his intention. He wasn't intending on waking up that day and say, you know what, I'm an f New York City up, like, let me do something nice.
Speaker 4: Let me give away PlayStations of people and people love that, right, and you're giving you're actually giving back. What's wrong with the people that showed up with smoke bombs and Minty's? What were y'all thinking? Why would you go to giveaway with that?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: What was did y'all have a conversation, like a private conversation like let's go turn up on this? Why would you do that? And now your boy that's trying to give y'all something is in trouble now, correct and Erry Adams mayor Adams, I'm not calling you. You are outside. He did well, he thought adjacent. He in them streets a lot. Is there a first lady here in New York? I don't think there's the first lady? But he wants to touch it.
Speaker 3: He wants to touch the soil. He wants to see what's going on. They just to breathe the street. He wants to see the street. As an ex NYPD, so he's used to being out there in the streets, so that's what he's doing.
Speaker 4: He's definitely touching the soil. Eric all right, y'all moving on. Speaking of touch in Usha comments on Keiki Palm's breakup and now we all know about the infamous scene where Usher was singing to Keiki Palmer and her baby daddy Darius Jackson. You know, he took the social media to share his disdain for how Kekey was carrying herself as a mother in the footage. You know how it went viral. Usher has been called by Lauren Lorossa, who was here he guest co hosted the Breakfast Club. She has some exclusive footage or audio where he joked about his new name being a domestic terrorist, like he messing up happy home. Correct. What do you think about this?
Speaker 3: I think USh is having fun. I think people need to stop Ush's performing, and that's part of his performance. He pulls people up. He pulls up women that you know, especially a famous that he knows is gonna go viral, and I don't have a problem with that. People have done that all through the times. I mean, we've seen Jenny Jackson pull people on stage. Ush's having a good time and I can't wait to see Usher in Vegas. It's next a residency show. I'm gonna take the wife.
Speaker 17: We're gonna go.
Speaker 4: How do I get tickets to this? I want to go. I want to go. Try to reach your tar on casino host because I'm a degenerate gambler, and they said that is sold out. They said it's so tough to get tickets to the show. I'll usher if you're listening out the music's not the music. Go ahead, usher if you're listening. I don't have a possessive baby daddy. I don't have any babies. I have two cats. I don't have a man right now. I'm not trying to shoot my shot at you. I just want to go to the show and appreciate a good song. You can sing to me. No one's gonna get mad, and it's gonna be no issues and KICKI palmer your baby daddy. I mean, yeah, I get you was feeling a way, but I don't know. I don't think it was worth either one of them losing their relationship over this on neither one of their parts.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, all right, well that is your room or report usher if you are listening, I'm taking my wife. If you grabbed my wife's hands like Charlemagne and I said earlier, I'm grabbing your hand to so I'm gonna jump on your back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be all singing together.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know it's gonna go viral for really, we're gonna be all singing together.
Speaker 4: I thought this was gonna be the one show with y'all weren't being gay, and we almost made it to the end, and you just made just threw yourself in a three soome with ushering. Yeah, like, really, you're gonna be holding US's hands while he's singing, and whose eyes are he gonna be singing too?
Speaker 3: And now and that is your room or report up next to the people's choice mixed get your requested right?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to get chose y'all?
Speaker 24: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality? Someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now thinner with new Magnum Raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold owning Everybody's ej env Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. We got Klodia and Jordan here our guest co host.
Speaker 3: And I want to remind you guys, my car show happens the twenty sixth and twenty seventh of August. If you're looking for a family fun event, I'm talking about cars, celebrity, Cause, amusement, rides, Jumpy, so many dope activations.
Speaker 1: Monster Energy saluted them.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a bike show where they're gonna be doing flips and all that good stuff and return it into like a huge party.
Speaker 1: I mean kids to be doing dances. It's gonna feel like a day party.
Speaker 3: Car show, all right, and that's going down August twenty sixth and twenty seven.
Speaker 1: It's a two day show. Shout to PC and Y.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be there giving backpacks to some of the kids because it's back to school. Right around the corner, there's gonna be old cars. Courtesy of the BBS Boys it's gonna be so many things. I got so many dealerships in the local area that's gonna be there. Shout to wild World, Ferrari, Shout to Mercedes Benz, Shout to Bentley and Rolls, Royce and Lamborghini. It's gonna be so fun where your kids are gonna be actually to sit in some of these cars and take pictures. So, if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. And kids five and under a free So we want you to bring your kids, your parents, your grandparents, your aunties, your uncles.
Speaker 1: It's a family fund that we're gonna have great food.
Speaker 3: So if you haven't got your tickets, click the link in my bio and definitely get your tickets. And I gotta remind you of September sixteenth. Shout out to all the HBCUs out there. We're doing the Classic in New York HBCU n Y Classic.
Speaker 1: Which is a huge game.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be more house versus Albany State. We don't really get a lot of these games on the East coast. Of them is usually in the South, Orlando or Atlanta, but this is the one that's gonna happen here.
Speaker 4: And I can't wait to see you guys there.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be performances, step shows, band performances, day parties, night parties.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Career, Faz.
Speaker 3: It's all about HBCUs and Alumnis and we want you to bring your kids so they can experience at HBCU close to home right now, what you're working on.
Speaker 4: Watch me on Fox Soul every night at eight o'clock Eastern time tgif that show is super funny. If you miss it, catch the replay the next day on YouTube. Also, I got my to B movie Part two. All I Want Is You Part two drops and everyone's bugging out on the ending because I get very, very very Craig Crag at the end of the movie. It's I did some real disrespectful stuff. Did you to be movies? Be funny as hell?
Speaker 26: Yo?
Speaker 5: I love to be.
Speaker 4: Movies because, like, you don't take yourself that seriously to be editing issues, Like on one scene I have like some black jeans on then it went blue, that went black again. But the movie is still funny, it's still good and I'm a super super savage. All I Want Is You Part two Ontov Chuck up Pop one and Part two. Shout out to Silk White, La Master, Crystal Ladal, everybody that was the movie. They did a great job.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, definitely check out her two B movie when we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, Everybody's DJ.
Speaker 1: NV charlamagnea God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club and I want to salute to everybody I seen in Carabaner.
Speaker 1: I was in Toronto over the weekend. I had such an amazing time.
Speaker 3: I had about four shows, and caraban is a time where just everybody represents their island, represent where they're from, and we just had such a good time. It was so many parties and festivals and performances and everything was packed.
Speaker 1: It was all peaceful and I just love Toronto.
Speaker 3: I haven't been able to go for the last couple of years because of the pandemic and COVID, but we had such a great time. The food is always great. If you ever get an opportunity to go, definitely go out there for Caraban. I had a great time. And then last night, shout out to the Mayle of New York. He's doing these block parties for the fiftieth year of Hip hop and last night was in Queen's and I got a chance to actually DJ for some of the legends that I actually grew up listening to, like Coogi Rap and Big Daddy Kane and Beanie Seagull and Mob Deep a Royal Flush. It was just such an amazing event, so positive, so great. It was like ten thousand people out there, so I just want to say salute to the mayor, salute to everybody that put that together. Yesterday we had such a great time, and shout to Havoc Man. Seeing him perform shook ones from Mob Deep in Queensbridge. The fact that he's from Queensbridge was just a memory that I'll never forget. So salute to all the legends and OG's out there. We appreciate this thing that you've created called hip hop and the fact that we've been able to, you know, hold the torch and keep it going. We just want to say thank you to all those legends and DJs and we appreciate you guys. And a lot of times people take this hip hop thing for granted because you know, we're working, we're enjoying. But if it wasn't for those originators and ogs and legends, we wouldn't be where we are today when it comes to this music thing.
Speaker 4: So thank you. Now you got a positive note lying out on these streets.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Stop lying, ladies and gentlemen. I have to deal with two people this week about lying. I know this isn't positive, but I'm gonna tell you this. Your life will be positive if you stop the cap a lot of times. Your people will accept you as you are if they know what they're really dealing with. You don't got a front posting pitches on private jests from eight years ago and acting like it just happened yesterday. You don't gotta line say you did not sleep with your friends X or whatever. Just keep it a buck and you'll be surprised that most people will still rock with you if they know you're honest, even with your faults. They'd be like, man, you be on some bs, but I know you're gonna always keep it a buck with me. That's gonna be my my message today and real quick birthday shot. I'm gonna go Gwendolyn, give the April Chancey and Portia love you ladies because y'all always keep it a buck and y'all never lie like these other heifers.
Speaker 3: Damn, does that mean Torody Jordan breakfast club bitches, you don't finish or y'all done.