Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest. You love that song.
Speaker 3: I sent memories to that when that first came out, and just playing it all the time.
Speaker 4: Tell us about him.
Speaker 3: No, it's somebody great. It's the soundtrack to our lives, these classic songs. Yeah, little Shaggy right, he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Have you met him?
Speaker 1: Only just on the show, and I believe it was through zoom.
Speaker 3: He invites me to his house in Jamaica all the time, which I feel like would be a good time. I mean, Shaggy just he's a very h how would you say, relaxed zen guy?
Speaker 1: I would say anywhere in Jamaica would be a.
Speaker 2: Good time, exactly. I know, I know. We got to do that, all right.
Speaker 3: So Friday morning, September sixth, today is National Coffee ice Cream Day. And I bring that up because I was thinking normally when asked what's my favorite, I say salted caramel because I like this.
Speaker 2: I like the salt in the sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah me too.
Speaker 3: I actually really think coffee ice cream might be at the top of my list as well.
Speaker 1: That's a no go for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah me too.
Speaker 2: Really, you don't like it. But you like coffee. You don't like cold coffee, ice cream.
Speaker 1: I don't like yeah, flavored coffee anything.
Speaker 2: But you put stuff in your coffee. Don't you flavor your coffee? No?
Speaker 1: Right now I'm drinking it iced in black?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah, I thought you put I thought you put some milk.
Speaker 1: I go through phases, yeah, and then I get sick of it, and so then I just switch it up and right now and it's an iced black, especially this week.
Speaker 2: And that's a that's a kick, that's a jolt. I know that'll get you.
Speaker 3: That's the lightning exactly, Tony. Are you on coffee or not? Because you go through chapters of life as well?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I went through one chapter in my life.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's go back. It was a long chapter for us.
Speaker 4: It was nine and a half months, to be exact.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was long. But I had to do it for my health, for my hashimotos. I had to get rid of it. And so the mushroom coffee, and I'm yeah, I reverse it and I'm back and now I'm back on the juice.
Speaker 3: I will never forget when Tanya dropped off mushroom coffee to me as something that I would be so excited about.
Speaker 2: And it was a.
Speaker 3: Powder that tasted it didn't there were no effects of the caffeine.
Speaker 4: No, you put it. You also put it in water.
Speaker 2: Well was I supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Mix it with with almond milk too, so it makes it like a latte.
Speaker 2: Mm, so not into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so kind. I was like, so and you weren't feeling well I dropped off something.
Speaker 3: It It was kind if it were like really Pacha Mama really.
Speaker 1: Like when I hooked you up with Pacha Mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That so.
Speaker 3: By the way, Sisney got me the greatest holiday gift ever, which was a variety pack of my my favorite coffee, which is called Pachyamma.
Speaker 2: Nobody really knows of it. It's called Pachamama.
Speaker 3: But it was like, you know the cereal variety pack you get at the grocery store. Yeah, it was like a coffee version of that, with all these different beans from different parts of the world.
Speaker 2: I know, one of the greatest gifts ever.
Speaker 3: So here we go on a Friday, USC hosting Utah stay tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: They call it see him the Chargers. Siciny, yep, I'll be there.
Speaker 3: You're going to start the season at so Far Sunday against the Vegas Raiders, and the Rams are in Detroit for Sunday nights of football. We have some Disneyland tickets every single hour. And you know, if you are single, back room, who's still single? So unenthusiastic because they got collect their Ruby's there, Jens there, Michayla's there, Marianna and are you Michaela.
Speaker 2: You're the only single person back there?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: There's three all.
Speaker 3: Right, So if you're single and going out this weekend, we can tell you how to make the perfect flirting face. I always think the flirty face is Pierce Brosnan's squinting eyes.
Speaker 2: Remember James Bond.
Speaker 3: Remember how Pierce brosn and James Bond used to squint like. I always think that's the face.
Speaker 1: That it's communicating through your eyes.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look great on me. But we'll all try this coming out.
Speaker 1: Whenever we try this, we all fail.
Speaker 3: We did a different one. I think this is a new one. Yeah, so a flirty face coming up. So it is officially football season, high school, college, the NFL. It's all We're all back to the gridiron. Go Dogs, number one rating college team.
Speaker 2: What a game last weekend.
Speaker 3: So let's look at southern California for tonight. Your current Rio Hondo League champions, the Minrovia Wildcats and their QB Joshua Griffiths go to Glendale to take on the Nitros. Running back John Pellegrino superstar there, so good luck they got. The Birmingham Patriots from Lake Balboa had a tough loss last weekend.
Speaker 2: Did you see that systening?
Speaker 1: I did not miss that name.
Speaker 3: It was against Saint Bonnie's. They'll try to bounce back this weekend after a big week of practice. I know coach was all over them watching game.
Speaker 2: Game, getting on them.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: It's about the details and the penalties, and so they'll try to beat the Oaklark Eagles this weekend and.
Speaker 2: The Carson Colts.
Speaker 3: Friday Night Lights running back Cameron Hurst hosts the Inglewood Sentinels, coming off a big win over North Torrents last week. FYI, for families going to the games, it's going to be hot at game time tonight. Still in the upper eighties. That's crazy, kickoff.
Speaker 2: It's too hot at night at night.
Speaker 4: LA.
Speaker 2: I'm used to you know, putting on my sweatshirt or putting on a sweater.
Speaker 4: I like the hot at night.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the summer nights. Yeah, that that heat at night is fine with me. During the day, that's really a kick.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the day's difficult, all right, So how is your day's speaking of night going to shape up?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 3: Sistney and Tanya love these horoscopes, so let's follow our star signs which you got Aries.
Speaker 4: Commit to a meditation practice today.
Speaker 1: Taurres, spiritual guides can show up out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Gemini, examine and find where you can pinch pennies.
Speaker 1: Cancer. Any chance you get to mingle will be so great for networking.
Speaker 4: Leo, spruce up your workspace.
Speaker 1: Virgo, smooth over some ruffled feathers.
Speaker 2: Libra.
Speaker 4: Channel your passion that brings out the best in you.
Speaker 1: Scorpio, you will discover some synergistic possibilities with a partner.
Speaker 4: Sagittarius. Turn your radar to flirtatious vibe.
Speaker 1: Capricorny, your love life could welcome a boost.
Speaker 4: Aquarius, don't even think about playing small today.
Speaker 1: And Pisces, get your fall fitness routine underway.
Speaker 2: All right. If that applies, go for it. Well, we made it to Friday.
Speaker 3: September sixth, Hopefully you got a little breather this weekend. You know, it's interesting about relationships, so many things. And I was talking to a friend about how relationships when you're in one, I think part I mean, you guys can tell me part of the deal is it's that C word, right, I mean one of the big things you got to do is not only compromise, like in a discussion or an argument to settle it, but compromise and do things that you would never do. Like do you think I would have ever jumped out of a plane when I did? You, I jumped out of a plane years ago, shocking, date, shook, shocking.
Speaker 2: Because I'm scared of I'm scared of things. You're scared. But she was a professional sky diver.
Speaker 3: Wow, I of course said, I'll step up now they strap me to a man of course, jumped out by herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it.
Speaker 1: Have you never done it? I've I've done forward somersault out of it. When I did it?
Speaker 2: What without it? No?
Speaker 1: I was dandem Yeah yeah, yeah, I had I had a guide with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have somebody that that straps you.
Speaker 3: But that's like one thing that I would never do on my own out in the wild. Tanya is, well, she's in this new relationship, and I think one of the things you're trying to do is over compensate, compromise in certain situations. So you did you did something right that you normally wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like he does so much for me that he wouldn't necessarily do on his own, but he does for example, for example, go to a show, go to a concert, go to a Taylor Swift show, you know, come to the Feris Friday night right right, Like there's certain things that like not necessarily he doesn't like, but he wouldn't necessarily just do them on his own. And so he's been really wanting to go off roading in his car for years.
Speaker 2: He does it like screams to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's built for it, and so he's been wanting to do it for years. And one of our friends that was over over the weekend he goes often, and was like, do you guys want to come over the Labor Day weekend? So we went and it was just I feel like I've saw something in him, just like unlocked, like he was little boy a little boy in a candy store like he was having the best time ever, Like it was so cute. I was miserable, but he because it's just so yeah. It was like kind of like being on Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Where did you.
Speaker 3: Find off road in the dense, sleep populated Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: So there's like a it's like made for it. It's kind of like a park. It's up Passana Clarita really yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's drivable and uh, it's like made for this type of stuff. Like a lot of people had those like ATVs and stuff, and they have all these little trails that you can do and and different mountains you can go up, and it's like a whole parks waiver no nothing, you're in your car.
Speaker 1: It's in his car, but you're.
Speaker 2: Actively gonna like it's out in like you know your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he like kept pulling things like you'd be like wow, you put it in like Baja mode where you can see like the front.
Speaker 2: He was just so cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, the four Bronco is it is. It's made to go through like at least the commercial through creeks and the mountains. The question that was after you compromise, like that, Like, I know Robbie has done things for you, like takes his mouth shut at night because you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to right right right journaling. I mean he would never journal watch Love is Blind or blind his love or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of things. Yeah, yeah, yeah he does.
Speaker 3: But after you did that, did he do something for you? Because I feel like there's also a trade when it comes to a compromise like that.
Speaker 4: Well, the day before it was like everything that we had like a double date with my friends and we kind of did like my whole thing the day before, but it was just it made me want to do more stuff that he enjoys because seeing how how is Yeah, it was just like so cute.
Speaker 2: Like I really have a question.
Speaker 3: I have a question about marriage is speaking of this because if I ever do do do compromises like that dissipate as the years go by, or do you still do think I need commerience but things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean going off roading sounds really fun, but like I couldn't imagine doing that now with three kids in our schedule.
Speaker 2: And so you wouldn't. You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Do that, no, but I mean you compromise in other ways. Like right now, Michael's passion is this band and like really kind of focusing all his energy in that. And he has supported me like my entire career and not saying he's gonna make the whole career out of it, Like he really really enjoys it. So we compromise on days when like he wants to record with the guys or play and jam out or do whatever, and I'll have the kids all day that Saturday or that Sunday. So you kind of compromise in that sense because it does. It makes him so happy.
Speaker 3: It is a very easy secret to success in a relationship.
Speaker 2: So we have sound of you off roading.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is uh, I guess it's Tany and Robbie.
Speaker 2: What are you listening to? I don't know.
Speaker 4: We had it on nothing really worked, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this feels like it hurts.
Speaker 2: Literally, could you explain that whoa whoa?
Speaker 4: Because you're going you're like bump You're on these bumpy round so it's like, oh.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 4: Holding on to all of the different bars. They have like a top bar and like a bottom.
Speaker 3: Bar see your local California four dealer. If you want to whoa, whoa whoa like that in your brown car. I've got one Robbie scot One and they're ready for you.
Speaker 1: You should come.
Speaker 2: I should come out and we should have tandem.
Speaker 4: I know it's you can put the car into this gear where you can flip it around like in circles.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't. I don't. Robby has to show me that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, once, once I have a situation I'm in that I can compromise with, I'll definitely go with.
Speaker 2: You are coming up next?
Speaker 3: Are you looking to do some flirting this weekend? You must be right if you're single. Like when you get dressed in the mirror? Ssity, do you make a face?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yes you do?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I do. I put my chin down, I suck in my cheeks.
Speaker 1: We know your face?
Speaker 3: Yeah here, well, yeah, it's my I don't know what it is. It's my uh, it's it's definitely my dress up get ready to go face. But they say, if you want to flirt, there is the perfect look you should give other people. So research this is like top you know, the science that comes in. They say the most effective way to show expression for flirting is okay, Michayla, write this down is head turning to one side, head tilted down, slightly, smile, and then eye contact.
Speaker 2: Try it.
Speaker 1: Creepy, creepy, creepy, go.
Speaker 2: To one side. Blink.
Speaker 3: You gotta blink your eye contact. You have to wet your eyes. Are your Do your eyes not need irrigation?
Speaker 4: Actually there, I have dry eyes. I need to put like you because.
Speaker 3: You don't blink? Do you want some re wetting? Drop side of plenty? All right, so let's see. So head to the side, tilt down a little bit down, a slight tiny smile too much, and now eye contact.
Speaker 2: I don't like.
Speaker 4: I actually think it's cute. The tilt the head, tilt and down a little cutey too hard, Well, welcome to.
Speaker 3: The right, right, So tonight you're going out. Let's head starts to the side, one side, pick the side. Okay, Now to go down a little bit, that's the.
Speaker 4: Key, the down, Then to look up.
Speaker 3: Cue.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, don't you didn't finish? All right? So head down, a slight smile and eye contact. Let's go. Yeah, much much.
Speaker 4: Better than Tanya, and I think it's the hell I think it's the down, the down, because then you're not gonna have to like look up.
Speaker 2: So it's like, oh no, it's the fact you have eyes. They just stare blank.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying in general, I think that's like the key component to your to what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I think you're saying too much of the steps. Don't think of the steps so much, just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're over you Like, oh, you're like an over exaggerated actor.
Speaker 2: Alright, today's quote.
Speaker 3: Distance yourself from people who bring out the person you're not.
Speaker 2: Trying to be anymore. Wow. Right, If they're bad for you, get away from them. FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 1: Our excessive heat warning has been extended through Monday evening as scorching temperatures continue in southern California. It was supposed to expire this weekend, but looking like not the case. A helicopter made an emergency landing on the one ten in South LA last night. Three people got off without injuries. Meanwhile, a small plane did crash onto a street in Hawthorne early this morning. Two people escaped the crash but are listed in critical condition, and US women's national team star Alex Morgan is retiring from professional soccer. She is one of Team USA's highest scorers and helped lead the fight for equal pay on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: Seven a carpenter There one or two point seven Kiss FM. So, Tony, you spent a lot of time with that album. What's your favorite track off the entire album?
Speaker 4: Okay, taste? I have not taken it off repeat since it came out. I've watched the music video maybe ten times already, Like I'm obset.
Speaker 3: Hey, that reminds me. Becka told me that you play that on repeat when you guys are traveling somehow. I was scrolling and I watched you and Becca play shot or water?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, well no, yeah, ye it's guess.
Speaker 1: Who took the shot?
Speaker 2: Okay? Have you seen this? Isn'ting that she posts?
Speaker 1: Now play it at the festival?
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, it's called guess who takes a shot? Right? So you have four? There were four of you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, however many there are of you, Let's say there's three of us. There, somebody fills three shot glasses. They put two filled with water and one with tequila, and then they passed them out to the three of us. We don't know who gets passed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, east in your.
Speaker 4: Home and and you pass it around. And so the trick is all three of us take the show a face, so the people watching have to guess who got the shot because you're not supposed to react to it.
Speaker 3: So they all they all took the shot and nobody reacted like you know when you take a shot at Yeah, right, but none of them reacted, and so I was stumped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's actually Easton's wife Alison that got the tequila shot and she should get like a champ. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a game serving the shots? Is that just like his? Uh?
Speaker 4: So we wanted Easton to participate in the game, but he doesn't drink alcohol, and so we let him fill them up so he knew which was water and.
Speaker 2: And and the trick is you cannot smell the shot either.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: I thought it was actually pretty fun to watch. It's really fun at the festival.
Speaker 4: It's so fun.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to match game this morning for some Disneyland tickets. Grabbing Stacy and Victorville. Hi, Stacy, how are you good?
Speaker 1: How are you super good?
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to Kiss FM. So tell us about yourself in Victorville.
Speaker 7: So a mom of a four year old. I work a United States Postal Service where I'm a carrier supervisor with a post office sports thirteen years. And I'm a wife. And yeah, I have a birthday coming up.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot on your plate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we all going on.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like I know you.
Speaker 3: Okay, hay tight, you are contested number one. Let's get to number two here, Christina and Rosamond. Good morning, Christina, good morning. How are you super good? So you are contestant number two? Tell us about yourself.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you want to know about me?
Speaker 2: Your favorite things about you?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm a family person.
Speaker 5: I love to be with my husband and my two kids.
Speaker 2: Great, now, we know that's great love. I like that.
Speaker 3: Two family people on the line. All right, So here is how it works. We are playing for a four pack to Disneyland.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you a phrase with a block in it. Our panel here of cisany Tanya, Ruby and Tubbs will write down what they think should go in the blank. Then we'll hear your answer. Whoever gets the most matches will win. Okay, Stacy, you're up first. Christina, hang on, here we go. Yours is Stacey, it's wine blank wine the blank. So think about that. What do you think the panel might put in that blank.
Speaker 2: Because you want to match? Read you ready? Panel?
Speaker 5: Ready? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? What'd you say, Stacy wine glass?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 3: So obvious. I'm sure the panel got that one? Cisany wine wine glass? How was an easy one?
Speaker 2: Okay? Tany what'd you say?
Speaker 4: I said, win Down?
Speaker 2: No, it's not wined No, I know.
Speaker 4: That's the name of a podcast, wine down.
Speaker 2: Okay, pass next, Ruby, what'd you say?
Speaker 1: I put wine nights O wine Night cute and.
Speaker 2: Our engineer tubs wine wine glass.
Speaker 3: I Stacy nice. You got two of those? So hang ti, Christina, you're up now. Gotta get two to tie, three to win. Yours is blank flakes, blank flakes. Well, the panels say, okay, she said snowflakes. Sicany I said frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: I was taking cereal as well.
Speaker 3: Tanya, I said snowfla one this one, so if you get another one, you tie.
Speaker 1: Ruby, I said corn flakes.
Speaker 2: For the tie.
Speaker 3: It comes down to engineer tubs, as it often does jobs. Did you say snowflake No?
Speaker 2: I said corn flakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christina thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you having us on.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Stacey. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Stacy is our winner. Congratulations Stacy Disneyland.
Speaker 7: Yeah so much, guys, Thank you, Ryan, thank.
Speaker 1: You, guys, welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to us. Have a fantastic weekend, Stacy and Christina. Yeah, I was, by the way, my mind did not go to snowflakes, went to Cereal as well.
Speaker 7: With.
Speaker 4: Snow flakes are so pretty.
Speaker 2: I know, but I think Cereal more than snow here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 3: This is a story that speaks to me. I don't have kids, but maybe I'll reconsider after this story.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't have to have them to eat at this time.
Speaker 1: How do you know we heard, well this is actually related to kids a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with all due respect to Yeah, let's just need to tell the story and then we can judge. Okay, So you're saying that more families, more families with kids with kids, are having dinner really early, and it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: It is a really good thing, because the struggle as a parent when you sit down for dinner is having them finish their dinner, you know.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I spent summer with my niece the summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the things I had to I had to dress up as a magician to get her to sit and eat a bowl of Posta.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of compromise, you know, it's like two more bites and you can have a little bit of a cookie after wed Everything is like a compromise with them, right, But they were figuring out that it's maybe because they weren't actually truly that hungry by the time you sat down for dinner. Let's say, like I considered us early five point thirty six o'clock dinner. I thought that was on the early side. But now with this new trend, it's not the case. Parents are trying to ring that dinner bell way earlier and it's basically right when they get home from school. So the kids get home from school and they're starving. My kids as soon as they walk in the door, they always want a snack, they always want something. I'm always like, okay, well, and if it's too close, if we're past four pm, then I'm like, now you can't have a big snack.
Speaker 2: You get a wait.
Speaker 1: You gotta wait. And it's just like a battle every single day. So instead of doing that snack. Parents are saying, do dinner at three forty five, Do dinner at four pm, four thirty. Have that be the big, healthy, nutritious meal. Were giving them vegetables and things like that. And then afterwards, if they're kind of still hungry around six six thirty, you can big and have a snack. Then I love it.
Speaker 3: It is true because I remember I came as I've told you before, I would come home from school absolutely famished, like star. Yeah, I would take the Coca Cola three liter bottle. Oh my gosh, remember the big one, the three bottle, drink it out.
Speaker 2: Of the bottle.
Speaker 1: Oh, how do you even care?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's big. I have a strong wreck. Then then I would make that cookie sheet of nachos.
Speaker 4: To watch Oprah, but.
Speaker 3: Like Coca Cola and nachos to watch Oprah which was on at three, three thirty four whatever. Then I would have dinner, which was why I think I was husky when I was growing.
Speaker 1: Because we didn't know back in the eighties and night.
Speaker 2: But I was so hungry.
Speaker 4: I can even a child and I'm famished at three pm, Like that's when my alarm goes off. I'm trying to eat my big meal around five.
Speaker 3: If I could rode up to four, I would, you know, I I advocate the early meal.
Speaker 2: And you know I always invite friends to have dinner and they don't come. But and I stand outside of restaurants and wait for remember the Pachat pictures that standing outside the restaurant, I was waiting. The valet was there, but I was waiting. No one would let me in till five.
Speaker 3: If I had a three forty five, I think it would be too early for me as a as an active adult, I would have to eat again again. So if I can eat till five, which I try to do when I can, that works and I like that.
Speaker 2: And you have such so you have so much more of an evening with your kids.
Speaker 1: That's true because as soon as we do dinner time and it's you know, six o'clock, let's say six thirty, then it's like you.
Speaker 2: Take the bath, yeah, read the book.
Speaker 1: It's it's bedtime right after after we eat, and they're like, there's no, we can't watch anything on TV. No, no, But it's kind of tough if you're trying to do this at four PM, three three forty five, Because if you have a spouse that's working.
Speaker 2: If you have a job, Michael would be.
Speaker 1: So sad like to miss dinner every single night with his family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so it's kind of like it's an interesting thing to keep them from snacking.
Speaker 2: So sis looking at the heat.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're just talking about the weather. It is going to be super hot. Highs in the upper nineties over one ten out of Courts Hill. It's going to be really hot. But you got to think about this when you're out and you know, taking a walk, or if you're going to exercise or your pet is out for a walk, you do have to think about the heat. It can actually cause some real health issues. And think of the jobs. I mean, you know when they're doing road work on the street, right and you've got workers out there on that hot tarmac working on the street all day.
Speaker 2: Or at the airport, you know.
Speaker 3: The people landing the planes and they're down there on the tarmac. It's hot, it's uncomfortable. But Era's on the line Herma, Hi, good morning, How are you on good?
Speaker 2: How are you super good?
Speaker 3: So this is something I did want to stop the show for to acknowledge and appreciate. Because your husband is a firefighter, right, that's correct, and tell me about Well, first of all, I don't know how he's human, because that is you know, especially anywhere in the country, but especially to fight fires in southern California.
Speaker 2: It is a different level. And you know that.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's crazy. I always tell him I'm proud of him for sure.
Speaker 2: So where does he fight fires? Which station?
Speaker 5: He is in San Diego? He's stationed in San Diego. I'm Station thirty and right now he is in fress No fighting the bone fire.
Speaker 3: Wow, and is sorry for prying, But how do you communicate? Like when can you check in with him and make sure he's okay?
Speaker 7: So that's a great question.
Speaker 5: It's very hard to communicate and most of the time don't have a signal, and he just sometimes sends me some satellite alerts just to let me know he's okay. But during the day, maybe once or twice we get to speak to each other.
Speaker 2: That's hard, it's hard. Yeah, So what about this heat?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, fighting fires, and it's something to think about. In this kind of a heat is really it's dangerous. It's always dangerous, but even more so.
Speaker 5: Now, right, Yes, it's really dangerous. We're scared all the time he gets sent out on a strike team. He's actually on his ford strike taing this summer, so he's been gone for pretty much all summer and it's really sad, but we are proud of him. We support him, my daughters and I and we love that he loves the community and he loves to help and that's what he thrives on.
Speaker 2: What is his name?
Speaker 5: His name is Genesis.
Speaker 2: Genesis, what a great name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are saluting, acknowledging, shouting out Genesis and every other firefighter that's working in this heat. And as you said, he's gone for a long time, like you have to be away from him for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gone for eighteen days in a row, sometimes thirteen.
Speaker 4: It's rough.
Speaker 5: It's rough on me and the girls, but we managed to, you know, go through it, support him and be happy for him, and you know, we take care of It's hard being the default parent most of the time, sleeping with not with him in the bed, and it's it's hard, but it's okay. We support him, we love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should salute all the firefighter wives as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, the families, the wives, the kids that you know are going without dad or mom for a while. Well, thank you, m Thanksesis. I appreciate you calling it and pointing that out. It's really important.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you guys for allowing me to be here and shine some light on that and hopefully we get to talk soon. I've been wanting to win those iHeartRadio tickets for him and I to go on a date.
Speaker 3: Well wait a minute, hold on, stop the sound this song. Wait, stop the song. I was going to play a song there.
Speaker 2: What exactly do you want?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: I've been trying to call you guys and win those iHeart Radio tickets so we can get a weekend out, so that you know, from all this time he's been gone, but I've been trying so hard. I still haven't found my luck, but.
Speaker 7: Hopefully I do it soon.
Speaker 2: Well, Mark, aren't you the gatekeeper of all these these tickets? But I know the gatekeeper?
Speaker 3: So okay, this sounds like if we're going to do anything for anybody ever on this day, it's Irma and Genesis, especially if he's going to be back and can spend time with his wife, maybe his kids.
Speaker 5: And guess what, it's my birthday weekend. I'm my birthday on September.
Speaker 1: It's meant to be.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say it, Mark, and then I'm gonna leave it with you.
Speaker 2: But at the first time, this it's fine. That's the first time.
Speaker 3: This first time today, Herma, I am inviting you and Genesis to two nights of the IRT Radio Music Festival. I want to meet you, to take a picture with you. I want to hug you. I don't want to hug Genesis. We will all be there.
Speaker 2: It's done. Somehow, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You guys, me and my day.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, it's amazing. We really do deserve this weekend and it's awesome. Thank you so much, really really appreciate it. You guys do the best.
Speaker 4: Listen to you guys every morning.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 7: I love you so much.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to meet you all right next time you talk to him surprised and we'll see you there and really appreciate you listening.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling. Hang one second because I got to get your tickets.
Speaker 5: See you guys in Las Vegas, right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on. So these are great stories.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've all had jobs or are in jobs that you do because you got to have a job.
Speaker 2: But you don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you like it, Maybe you don't love it, maybe it's not your passion. But once you find a role that is your passion and you can do that make money, it's like the dream. Maybe it's like the American dream.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: So this is a great story of Lma Gandhia in Westminster and she Now, is it true, Lma, before you started your schecutari cart, which is your passion.
Speaker 2: Is it true that you were in the billing world. What was your job.
Speaker 6: I'm still in the billing world.
Speaker 7: You're still doing it care yes.
Speaker 3: So tell me about the day to day job and how you started this. It's a schecutary cart right where you go around and you can make these different boards.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it started.
Speaker 6: It all started when my husbin made me a shark cautery and cheeseboard with a glass of wine, and I loved it so much that I started selling shark coterie boxes and grazing tables. And with the economy or the cost of living went up for California, I wanted to add something new to the business. And I came across the cart on Etsy and I thought, oh my gosh, I have to have one of those so I got one custom made and I launched Orange Counties for Shark Coutery cart last month that I was just third.
Speaker 2: That is, so I'm looking AT's so pretty. It makes me so hungry. So you and.
Speaker 3: How does like do you just show up to parties events, people's homes? How do you work the cart?
Speaker 6: So when I get booked and I set up my cart and I serve everybody with Shark Couter It's.
Speaker 3: Just an inspiring story. Do something you love, it will make you live longer. I believe in that, like I believe in that, you find your passion, it will add ears to your life. So if you want to see Ella may Gandhia of Westminster's Chicutary cart, go to at oc Charcuteri cart on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I just check it out.
Speaker 3: I guarantee just seeing it's gonna make you happy. Thank you Lama for coming on with us much.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 6: I listen to you guys every morning.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for doing it and keep doing it, keep doing it. You have a great day. Thank you all right, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 2: Chakudari. So what's your favorite slice meat on the shakutari board?
Speaker 1: Salami spicy salami.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's greasy. I love it spicy and greasy, Tanya.
Speaker 4: I mean I was gonna go salami, but I'll go pershutto what's left?
Speaker 2: I think it's only salami and purshutto, Like what else is there? The nuts? I like the nuts. I like toasted nuts. I'll go for the toasted.
Speaker 1: I like to make like a whole little like almost like a sandwich, and then you drizzle some honey and spicy mustard.
Speaker 3: Big spread honey drizzling. That makes it so good, the sweet on top of the salt.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: All right, So it's called a trending report. Kristen Cavalery Laurie is.
Speaker 4: Indian Hlarry and it's Cavalari.
Speaker 3: So I needs been a big debate, like we've known it forever. I say caval What do I say Cavalari?
Speaker 2: You say Cavalari Cailari because it's Italian.
Speaker 1: That's how she said it. I'm telling you I heard it and then I was like, ooh, and I should have saved it. Yeah, maybe I did.
Speaker 3: Actually, so this is just like me calling espresso Superina Carpenter to be the song in the summer.
Speaker 2: I told you it's Cavalari.
Speaker 4: But she says that of her own mouth. Cavaleri.
Speaker 1: No, her own mouth. She said Cavalari when I heard it.
Speaker 3: Guys, her name has to be Italian, right, Cavalari, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: How is it it ends in an eye? Cavalari. I think Italian names.
Speaker 1: And I find a clip.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, it's a great debate.
Speaker 3: Kristin, if you are ever listening to us, you do this every time, please call and Ari or areas.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we all fell in love with her from Laguna Beach and the Hills, and she is infamous for not showing her kids on social media. So if you follow Kristen, she either does not show her kids' faces, like she'll take photos from behind so you see like that they are in the photo, but you never see their faces, or she does take pictures with them, she'll put an emoji over their face, so their identities are just completely blocked.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Recently fans noticed that she posted a video where you can see her twelve year old son's face, and people were kind of flooding to her inbox, and she said, I appreciate everyone dming me telling me that I showed Camden's face. I know he's a little bit older now and he wants to be on social media, which is the only reason why I showed him. But it's so crazy because this entire time, her reason for not showing her kids was she wanted them to decide for themselves if they wanted to be on social media and not like exploit them on her. And I think it for it's kind of whatever you want, do you know what I mean? Like, as as a parent, you do what you want, and that was what she chose. And but what's crazy is that now he's at the age where he's saying I want to be on social media, and so now she's showing him. But when I'm curious is if he's saying I want to be on social media, is he asking her also to like get an Instagram account.
Speaker 2: Or you're gonna get on social media? You want all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Right, Like I'm wondering where she stands on that, Like, Okay, so she's showing his space now on her socials, but is she cool with him having his own account?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, where where does that go from?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 3: My guess is he's twelve years old, He's going to get you know, his own account.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: By the way, is she still dating that unbelievably hot, tight fit guy. Yeah, and you.
Speaker 4: Should have seen the articles that came out this week about their relationship. Well just tell me, uh, the best that they've ever had in their lives.
Speaker 1: Oh, good for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why did you open your eyes wide when you said that?
Speaker 4: Because I was going to say the word.
Speaker 2: But I feel like they're having the best.
Speaker 4: The best of their lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're having the best Sunday drives of their last.
Speaker 2: At Sunday Drive.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Okay, here we go, we have it right here.
Speaker 4: I'm Kristen Cavalary.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, she said, Cavalaria, where'd you get this clip?
Speaker 2: It's wrong?
Speaker 1: Own boys, this is nice.
Speaker 3: But she's she was just being kind to the person that probably also called her that her name is Cavaradi.
Speaker 4: Say one more time.
Speaker 2: I'm Christy. I have to It's Friday. I want to keep going, all right.
Speaker 3: So we've been talking about and giving away tickets to the into It Dome. Yes, LA's on La is on it is It's on Sofi Stadium. The things that they're going to put together for the Olympics coming up la Is on l A twenty eight. So the Into It Dome is a new venue for us and Ruby. You went to go see Future metro Boom in last Saturday.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I did, and it was it was so easy to get in to park it too.
Speaker 1: It's got to be easy, I know, to get into the Into It Dome. It was so easy.
Speaker 8: It literally literally took us thirty minutes to park and get to our seats, which really really doesn't seem to happen often.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's always a process.
Speaker 3: I was looking at like people posting from the Into a Dome and they were showing all kinds of things that you can like the cool stuff that happens there but break down, like the coolest technology and the vibe when you're there.
Speaker 8: So when we walked in the area that we were sitting at, you can scan into this like where all the bar, the bar and the food is at, and you don't even have to use your like pull your cards out, credit card, debit card, you link it to your account and then you can go, Like we had brisket and potatoes, so we picked up the brisket from like the food area and you just walk away and it automatically.
Speaker 1: Charges your card.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like this. It feels such a futuristic.
Speaker 2: Talk away and it just it turns up on your bill.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 8: And then even like sour Patch kids like we wanted though, so the ladies like, I was like, wait, I can just grab them and walk away and it'll just charge me. It will know.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, so you just grab it and go.
Speaker 3: I feel like you don't want your kids to understand that. No, grab and go and everything. Mom didn't charge me, know.
Speaker 8: I was honestly mind blown. That was one of the most like fascinating things. It was so easy to get to the restrooms too, Like everything was just fast.
Speaker 1: It was quick, it was efficient. That's what their goal was when you said it. They want people to miss as little of the concert as little of the game. Oh I love that.
Speaker 3: So and is there like how how was the sound? How was like when you were sitting there in the concert? Are you are you hearing it?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: And the sound was great?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like anywhere in that arena you have a good view.
Speaker 2: So I just want to go to the concession stand now, I know. I wanted to like go get Briske and potatoes and sour patch. Kids.
Speaker 1: Do I sell tickets just for the concession stand area.
Speaker 2: Just walk up and walk away.
Speaker 1: You don't need to stay for the show, NOA.
Speaker 3: I just grabbed chips and no one asked me about them, all right.
Speaker 2: So that's the into it dome. Very easy to get into it. Yes, I guess you know.
Speaker 3: It would feel good to slip on my ugs, not my boots, my slippers, put on my very new comfortable white puffy short shorts and the tank tops I got for summer, and just watch something and order something like, order some Postmate and watch something great. Now I'm into I told you this. And by the way, I'm slow on stuff. I'm into The Bear. I'm into season two of The Bear. I'm still into season two. Season there's a third, but I'm in this two all right. And by the way, a lot of people haven't seen it. It's The Bear. I like it because it has to do a little bit in the culinary world. But I watched season one, then I quit, And this has happened to me a lot of time.
Speaker 2: I watched season one, then.
Speaker 3: I watched the first episode of season two, and first episodes usually let me down. First episodes because they're trying to set up everything for the season, and so I don't have the patience to normally go to number two tough crowd.
Speaker 2: It's very difficult to be me and my white shorts watching stuff.
Speaker 3: I bet, but I did. I went to episode two and now I'm so hooked into it. So once again for my weekend watching the Bear. The Bear may add Wheel of Fortune that starts.
Speaker 2: On Money every day.
Speaker 3: Wheel of Fortune with Van and I starts Monday in the evening and every single night.
Speaker 2: Wheel of Fortune. Please check it out.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. All Right, what's sunny? We can watch this?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna like this one. I think it's kind of like your taste. I think in shows it's called bad Monkey. It's on adult like it.
Speaker 2: I love Vince Vaughan badly to be so vance.
Speaker 1: Fawn Vince Vawn plays. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait. And this is one of those episodes where they come out every Wednesday night, and so you have to. I'm all caught up, so like I want to watch. I already watched this week and I'm like, Dan, I have to wait till the next week. But Vince Vaughn plays a former Miami police detective that then gets demoted to be a food inspector. But it's all about like this missing arm murder. You have to watch it.
Speaker 4: It's so good, Ryan, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Love Vince Vaughn. I love it.
Speaker 3: I was so excited for it. I gotta go back and get it. I did two episodes and then I dropped off Tonny, What's on New Week?
Speaker 2: And watch this?
Speaker 4: Okay? Actually I had a well, okay, I'll go into mind. Mine is only Murders in the Building season four. It is on Hulu and they are doing it where they basically do one episode a week, so there's only two episodes out right now. But it's really cool because they come to La and they're trying to make their podcast into like feature film, and so like Eva Longoria is there and she's playing the Selena Gomez character and like Eugene Levy, and the first two episodes have been really, really great. So I'm excited about this season.
Speaker 3: I've seen that kind of because Steve Martin and Martin Short do a commercial.
Speaker 2: For a bookstore, so I feel like I've seen a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: You would like this show. I think it's very light and entertaining and good.
Speaker 2: It seems up my Aali Ruby, what's on your weekend?
Speaker 8: Watch this Mine is the perfect couple on Netflix. So it's a murder mystery starring Nicole Kidman, who I love so anything she's in I'm like always down here. But it's a new Netflix mini series where Nicole plays a matriarch of a wealthy American family with plenty of secrets.
Speaker 1: So it looks really really juicy. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Whatever she chooses, I'm in yes saying she has by the way, she does so many things and she actually makes in my mind, she's the actress that makes the best choices. I mean everything gets that comes to her right comes her way, which she makes the best choices.
Speaker 2: I'm in. I'm so interested.
Speaker 3: Like if I were to come spend the weekend at one of y'all's places.
Speaker 2: Who's what I go to this weekend?
Speaker 3: If to pack my duffel, my bag and my toiletries which are two toiletry bags.
Speaker 2: Now I have such spillover.
Speaker 1: I want you to bring those in the studio next time, and I want to go through.
Speaker 2: The I have so many things, it's CBS.
Speaker 1: I need to see yah, and is it organized or do you just throw everything in there?
Speaker 3: It's organized when I start, and it's a disaster when I leave. If I were to come stay at any of y'all's places this week, I'd love to have you, like, what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious. I'd like to know. So, Sydney, what's your weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, you can come with us to the Charger game. It is the home opener at Sofi Stadium. It's fun, it is fun. They're playing the Raiders and we start tailgating four hours before the game because that says early as I'll let you in the parking lot. And as of now, our tailgate is six cars d so that's probably about twenty people that are just coming in those cars, let alone the people that come and meet us for the tailgate.
Speaker 2: They didn't all the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's our boss, Biatta. One of the cars is my brother. Everywhere everywhere and yeah, and so it's a lot. It's a lot of fun. And then after that we go inside the game and then hopefully the Chargers win and all the good things. But it's a full day.
Speaker 3: And once I tailgated at the Rose Bowl for a UCLA game. Yeah, with tennas and all the guys. Oh, we never made it to the game.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that happen.
Speaker 3: We stayed out, just kept tailgate. We were drinking Captain Morgan and Coke Oi. We were having so much fun outside with the barbecue.
Speaker 2: We didn't even go in.
Speaker 1: Wait, we make it in the game, but I don't know about other people. Wait, that's Sunday though, right, right, that's Sunday.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good because my dogs, University of Georgia Bulldogs number one, are playing Tennessee Tech at eleven a m. Saturday, so that would fit into my routine. So tany if I were to come over to stay with you and Robbie, would we barbecue like you did last weekend?
Speaker 2: Yes? Actually, he said a good barbecuer. Yeah he does.
Speaker 4: He really does some good good What.
Speaker 3: I noticed he's he took the knife and sliced the Brenzino skin. Yeah, which is very important to do when you put it on the grill. Oh, really like the little little hole little cuts in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. He's really like the meat man in our family. I like am in charge of the salads and the like side stuff, and he takes care of the meats and the fish. But we are gonna barbecue on Sunday because like there's probably gonna be some football games on, but we're gonna go to the Yeah, well he'll watch that, but will barbecue. We're gonna know the slime experience with the kids. So basically, like you go, it's like this ninety minute tour and you get to like do all this fun stuff with the slime.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we're gonna go see kind of slide yeah yeah, yeah, and they tell you to wear like bright colors because it's like a full experience.
Speaker 2: That sounds real. That's a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who else Ruby, Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going to grease. Yeah, if you want to, let's go.
Speaker 2: I love the olive oil.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm excited. I'm going for my friend Bettina and Dimitri's wedding.
Speaker 1: So that fun.
Speaker 3: I mean the fact that we still let you come in and tell us about that You're welcome, because it's really it's like you're gonna barbecue. You go to the Charger game, and you're going to the Ionian Islands wherever you go. You know, the Greek food is one of my favorite foods in all the lands?
Speaker 2: What is it the the what's the Greek salad?
Speaker 4: The Greek salad?
Speaker 3: Yes, the Greek salad. You know in Greece they don't call it the Greek salad?
Speaker 8: No, what's Greece salad?
Speaker 2: Salad?
Speaker 1: Or had more delicious cherry tomatoes than I did in Greece?
Speaker 2: Oh stop? I love language. We are very you know.
Speaker 3: One of the benefits of doing the morning show is that Friday can if you don't do anything else later, today can start early for us. And it's kind of like the Big the Monday starts early, but the Friday's right because technically we could start our weekend next technically we could, right, So I'm not I'm actually you know, this week and I'm gonna get to New York City because we are going to Van and I, Vana White and I are gonna be on Good Morning America Live with Kelly and a bunch of shows. So I'll be broadcasting from there with you guys on Monday and Tuesday as we get set for the launch of the new era of Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: It's always fun to go in there for you know, a couple of days to the city, our sister stations Z one.
Speaker 2: Hundred there I listened to all the time when I'm there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Monday, we are back, and we have actually uncovered one thing you should never put in your smoothie. I love to add things into my smoothie, right, but this is time you beware.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you about that Monday.
Speaker 3: Ryan's Roses Monday too, And if you miss anything on the podcast on air, Ryan Seacrest, wherever you get your podcasts, make sure you check it out and until then, have a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: That's right, Go Chargers.
Speaker 3: Go Chargers, Go dogs, go barbecue, go grease. Do you speak any Greek? Ruby that's your ear Loane, No, I don't, but I'll I don't either, but I feel like you should learn, like hello and thank you before you go.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: I'm just here for the recommendations to make you fit in anyway. Happy wedding to your friends. There, go rams, go chargers, go goodbye. We'll talk to you Monday morning, eighteen forty this weekend, and siciny is going to ride along till eleven o'clock.
Speaker 2: This is kiss FF. Thanks for listening to on air with Ryan Seacrest, make sure to subscribe, and we'll talk to you again Monday.