Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two time People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in that we are happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It is a Tuesday. Sorry for the delay on a podcast, but we pushed it today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we weren't our best.
Speaker 3: We said, if we're not at our.
Speaker 2: Best, why phone it in?
Speaker 3: Why phone it in? And let's just come back stronger and better.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow tomorrow, which is really a good approach to life.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we're sorry if you're a Monday listener or Tuesday morning listener and you didn't have us to join you.
Speaker 2: So I'm a big routine girly and I don't like I don't like throwing people off their routines, so I don't enjoy missing a Monday. However, your girl was down.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was scared of you through text and I said, I am not doing a podcast with her today, respectfully.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, You too did not feel your damnedest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was like I was kind of going, okay, I could go because you said I'll do it, I'll just do it, and I'm like, that's not the vibe I'm looking for. Today, so I said, let's just push it. I'm happy to Yeah, if not today, why not tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: How are you so? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh, it does like I don't like to miss a Monday, so it was it was tough for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was a rare circumstance. And we can't say it won't happen again, but we'll try to make sure it doesn't happen often.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, how are you feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling fine. How are you?
Speaker 3: I feel great?
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's not to feel great about you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, life is perspective.
Speaker 3: Life is wonderful. And I was thinking about this over the weekend. I was thinking about how something that I really try to practice in my life is knowing that so many things can exist so once, Like there can be moments in your life that don't feel like they're at their top of the game, and they can feel like down and sad, but then you can also experience so much joy and love and all the things in gratitude and they can both be happening at the same time.
Speaker 2: Becka, what it's like you're reading my mind?
Speaker 3: I think it's just the human experience, really is it? Though? Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: But I have never lived such a dichotomy in my entire life.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's I think being able to do that, though, is the gift, because I think a lot of times you laser in on like everything's going great, so I'm only experiencing joy in the highs or every one thing's going bad, so therefore that's.
Speaker 2: Why everything sucks. Yes, yeah, I posted this on my Instagram story the other day. And because I think I'm I'm very type A and so I always feel like the things I'm experiencing are just like me, only I was. When I tell you, I got thousands of dms from people saying that they felt this exact same way when they were like in their TTC trying to conceive era, where like everything on your mind, Like someone asks you, like, hey, how's your day, and I'm like, I'm ovulating today and I had mucus yesterday and like like that's all like that is in my mind, and I say like I'm good, I'm fine, you know, I answer normally, but in the back of my mind, like it's always something related to something that's going on in the background. It's like the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's a type A like do you think it's a personality type? Like do you think I would be that way?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just me, Like I was like, I'm insane and everyone just says so just like hey, back and relax and like forget about it, dude, and I'm like I can't yeah, and I won't. Yeah, but so many people respond like I'm not I'm not even kidding. I've never had more DMS in my entire life. And that made me feel better because I was like, I thought that I was a little bit crazy, yeah, and now I just feel like one of the girlies.
Speaker 3: You know. I was thinking about that because you haven't you haven't shared much, and I think you share what and when or however you want to share. But I was thinking, you share so much of your life and feel so much of a community around people, and then this you have chosen to be very you know, you've you're going about it in your own way. But I was wondering if when you shared that, if you felt like very seen and almost like yes, almost like a sense of comfort of not being alone. Yeahause when you hold things in, there is that feeling of you feel like you're the you feel like you're being crazy because you're only experiencing it in your head and I don't get it. Robbie doesn't get it, you know. So unless you've been through that experience, it's not really something you can relate to. Yeah, so I was wondering if you felt that sense of God.
Speaker 2: And just the sheer amount of the DMS was like crazy, we're all crazy together, yes, Like it was like and I think the reason why just because there's just been so much like hard and pain and I feel like I like to come here and like escape and have fun and like not cry, you know, like take a minute to just like get away. So I think that's why I've kind of like built a bridge or I don't even know if that's the word a damn, but yeah, it did. It felt it made me feel very seene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think there's I think people listen to our podcast because of it being our lives. Like I don't think people expect you to always be this just like everything's great and everything's happy and I'm not having any hard time.
Speaker 2: But what's weird is like I love my life, like I really genuinely do. That's what's like the craziest thing is like you can be so happy and like in love with your life and like Robbi and I have never been better, and like he's been showing up in ways like I could have never have like dreamed of, and so it's like there's so much good and then there's just like one thing and it's just like how oh.
Speaker 3: That's a big thing, and it's a life thing, you know. And I think our listener specifically, especially our age range, like, I think a lot of people are in this journey with you. So I think you know when and if I'm again don't want you to feel pressure, but when and if you want to share, there's a whole group of people that are wanting to surround you with love and support and and also saying like me too. I think people listening, you know, I don't think they'd listen to the podcast and be like, oh, Tanya's being sad again, you know. I think they'd be like, oh, it's so it's so nice to hear someone else who whose life seems totally perfect and everything's great experiencing something that I'm also experiencing. So but I'm glad you're able to see all the good things while you're going through this too. Robby's like full chef, what's going on over that?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: Every time he puts on, I go, what's going on over there?
Speaker 2: So I've like I have needed a little bit of more a little more nutritional. Uh, what's the.
Speaker 3: Word nutritionally dense?
Speaker 2: I needed a more nutritionally dense diet for the past few weeks. And he really took it upon himself. Again, he doesn't need to do this, he took it upon himself to become this like culinary expert. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I have Gordon Ramsey in my house, like every night he's like, I'll have looking up this mustard vineagrette shellet sauce with the chicken and then the kale salad with pomegranate, and like he's whooping up stuff like.
Speaker 3: Crazy and it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, yeah, I think it's like his way of being able to be creative also while doing like what he wants to do for me right now and showing up for me in that way. But it is crazy. I'm like I'm getting DMS from some women being like do you feel bad? That you don't cook and I'm like, like negative one hundred. I feel bad, Yeah, like not at all.
Speaker 3: I feel sad. People feel bad like women that feel bad that they're not in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's okay. I feel no, no, And that's he's doing it like happily. He's not like grudgingly all.
Speaker 3: Robbie loves loves cooking and like being in the He watches barbecue brawle. He gets inspired and he also is a creative. He's an so I think the getting to plate it and make it look beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's been like a whole new Yeah. Now he's like into the knives and he's getting really into all the kitchen accessories like it's been. But I think at the root of it, it's because of me and stuff that I'm going through, and so that is like so meaningful. Yeah, because he cares like that much.
Speaker 3: I know, it's a amazing Yeah, it's really nice. I told Tanya, I was like, well, if you ever doubt how loved you are, go back and watch this series of what he has been whipping up for you in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Anyways, all this to say, I've been feeling like a bad friend to you lately, because like, you were in the raid this weekend and I didn't even know, like our best friend, and I'd like seeing videos of you on this parade and I'm like, I looked back through our text messages. You were very nonchalant about it. I was like, what are you doing this weekend? You're like, Oh, we're gonna go to Weehole Pride and then we're gonna go to a basketball game. Yeah, you never told me you were gonna be in a flow and that like I could come see you and wave, well.
Speaker 3: Pray it is open to everybody. So I also, I know that I haven't wanted you to feel pressured or I don't know. Sometimes I ask you to do things and you're like, I can't think of anything I'd rather do what? So I think it's just like there's certain things, but I would not expect you to be like, oh my god, I'm gonna drive over to us Hollywood, pray, try to find parking walk in the heap. I wouldn't stand there.
Speaker 2: And get dropped off right where I need to be and.
Speaker 3: Just didn't feel Again, I had no expectations for you to be there at all. But I also I didn't feel like it was something. I was like, I'm not gonna that's not something I'm gonna ask, but.
Speaker 2: It was so meaningful to you.
Speaker 3: It was it was it was meaningful to I mean, it was a girl's like girls float. They did focused features, did like a car, and Haley was planning on writing in it. And then she had tons of people that are on like the street team for the movie and friends and family walking with shirts that said girls like Girls and Team Haley on the back. It was so fun and I Haley said, oh, there's a seat in the car if you don't want to walk, and I was like, no, I'm happy to walk. I'm totally happy to walk in. And then her team was like, no, you're You're in the car with her. So I was like, that's fun of me. I'm happy to sit there and.
Speaker 2: Don't mind me.
Speaker 3: I wasn't really planning on being in there. And then I just told Ali about it because she is walkable from there, so I just was like, Hey, if y'all want to come down. So I didn't know she was going to be.
Speaker 2: There from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when I saw her, I was like, oh my god. You know, so it wasn't something that I was like, oh my god, no one showed up for me.
Speaker 2: I'm all riddled with gill on Saturday and I was in painful.
Speaker 3: Well, you can let that down. I haven't felt that at all. You can let that guilt go. I have not felt that once.
Speaker 2: Well that's nice, that's good to hear.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we had that one Sunday, and it was my first Pride parade. Like I've I've been to a parade where I stood there for like ten minutes or you know, one time in San Francisco, but it was my first time going and like well being in it and then also you know, just seeing being in it for that long, and it's so interesting because there's so much like hate and like people that are anti and it was so wholesome and like warm and everyone was just like so happy and it made me feel like, yeah, it was just like gosh, the hate is so unwarranted for this, you know, like even.
Speaker 2: The protests there is so strong.
Speaker 3: Heley's amazing.
Speaker 2: Haley's like no, I said hate, oh oh yeah, but can be.
Speaker 3: So stronger, like it really is. But I think people like who have never experience taken what you hear hateful people say, and that's their expectation of what it's going to be. And even I was going into it being like, oh gosh, she's just gonna be like, you know, overwhelming or whatever, and it was just so wholesome and like I said, just full of joy and love. And just if you're in a space where people are making you think that those things are are scary or or like in any way negative, just know that is not accurate.
Speaker 1: There were protesters there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always protesters. But Haley's niece was in the car with us writing and I saw her looking at them, and I was just like, you know, sometimes weird people show up to these things, because she was just like, why are they screaming? You know? And she can read, so she's like, you know, and it's just one of those things where you're like, oh, yeah, you just kind of.
Speaker 1: What is sadder than that? That that's how we're gonna spend our Sunday, what Holly Wood, We're gonna scream at people and be hateful.
Speaker 3: I know. And you know I was telling Haley go to the beach. I know, I told Haley. I was like, they think that they're doing what's right, Like they're right. They're in a system where they're saying, like you're you're doing what you need to do against it's going against everyone else, but you're you know, you're doing this for God or whatever religion they're you know, I think it's I guess it's christian a really extreme form of Christianity, but it's just not loving. And I think that's where they miss the mark a lot. You know, it doesn't it doesn't come again. It doesn't make anyone want to go in the direction that they're going. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyways, do you also do you have a moment of like, wow, ten years from now, I never thought i'd see the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had. I posted about it. I was like, if you would have shown twenty eighteen back at this video, it would be so crazy because she wouldn't believe it. And I think that also it all the things that I had so much fear about kind of I look at it now and I'm like why, Like I carried so much of that, Like what are people gonna think of me? Like I could never do that. I could never be publicly on a parade and float with my girlfriend, my now fiance and not feel scared or you know, and bear whatever the fear, and I would go back and give her a big hug. So then we went to the Sparks game.
Speaker 2: Time time really is a healer, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder, Like, and I know there's so many people who aren't out yet and they're navigating and trying to They're probably thinking I'll never get to be out, Like I'll never get to be myself and feel free or you know, feel elated to be with my person that I want to love. But I just give it time. So after the parade, we went like went home, changed and freshened up, and then we went to the Sparks game, the WNBA game, and it was so much It was my first well I've been to one before, but we had side seats and it was so much fun, and I liked.
Speaker 2: The Timothy shallomet w.
Speaker 3: Exactly. But I was so excited and proud of how like packed the stadium was because you know, the women's sports teams have really gone through it. You know, they're finally starting to get recognition. And it was such a fun game. They promoted girls like girls like crazy. It was Pride night, so it was so fun. Haley through T shirts to the crowd was hilarious.
Speaker 2: With like the gun or the other hands. Oh dang, that's pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then yeah, we had a pretty chill weekend and she's out doing press.
Speaker 2: Now that is not a chill weekend.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the opposite of chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we watched Love Island. I got Haley into she's lucked in.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean we definitely have to get into that. Did you watch the Double the not the WM? Did you watch the NBA Finals last night?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I was asking, so is it just starting? Do you know? Mark? I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: How many games have they had so so?
Speaker 2: The New York Knicks, yeah, have won three?
Speaker 3: Okay, nope?
Speaker 2: Two? And the Spurs that are from Texas.
Speaker 1: Can you be more specific?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: I think alliteration.
Speaker 3: The Spurs San Antonio.
Speaker 2: San Antonio Spurs won one. And that's last night's game.
Speaker 3: And what's the they have to win? How many?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry tell you instead of seven?
Speaker 1: Seven? So far?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool? When's the next one?
Speaker 1: Game? Four is tomorrow night, five point thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm bartered to watch these games.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a little Love Island if you give me a little MBA. Yeah, but it's really I get a cush deal because Love Island is an hour and then I give him twenty minutes of basketball.
Speaker 3: Why does he only get twenty minutes that deal? It doesn't feel like the.
Speaker 2: Deal because the game is so long, so we can watch other things and then he can go back to the game. It worked out nice. There was no complaints.
Speaker 1: Why why is it an hour of Love Island for an hour of basketball?
Speaker 2: I can't watch an hour of basketball?
Speaker 1: Well, he can't watch an hour of it?
Speaker 2: Doesn't he does it?
Speaker 3: But the Hello Island is every night except for one night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're watching both. We're watching the USA and UK.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So it's quite the undertaking at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you all got a lot going on over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know it's like nice to kind of like know what's going on the sports world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to talk with the bros about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like when people are like, yeah, I'm like, yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Not going for go Nicks? Is that who you're going for?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going for the Spurs because there are they underdogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are they always go underdog? Are they not? The underdogs.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're the underdogs. I don't follow basketball very closely.
Speaker 2: All I feel is my streams are my stream My fees are just filled with Knicks fans.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean I only see this stuff about Tim Timmy.
Speaker 2: Charalame, Yeah he's a Knicks fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's all I see is the stillers.
Speaker 2: Of the underdogs. Okay, I love an underdog. Yeah, I don't need the man to win, you know. Yeah, they're all men, but like you in like metaphorically speaking, I don't know the man the man to win.
Speaker 1: The Spurs were favorites going into the series. They're up two games to one.
Speaker 2: But the Sin yeah, they're more beloved.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of Victor wembin Yama?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the really tall guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Isn't his nickname Wimby?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see him on TikTok sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How tall he is?
Speaker 2: Six ten?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: Is he seven to one?
Speaker 1: Seven? Four? Oh?
Speaker 2: Geez?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Louise, those are some he's got to do some good exercises. Those are some tall limbs that he's got to take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's why they wanted him. He can literally just set the balls in the basket. He doesn't even need to jump.
Speaker 2: How do you sleep? It probably only go wider. They don't go longer.
Speaker 3: You might have to get a really wide one and lace to put it side, like two. He has to get two an Alaskan king bed.
Speaker 2: They only go wider, I.
Speaker 3: Know, but I'm saying you could shift it to where it goes. Why you know the way?
Speaker 2: I think if he's lying across, it's still not big enough.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's just gotten used to his feet hanging off of bed again. I can't. Okay, I want to get into Love Island because I did start UK.
Speaker 2: Oh you did.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about when we come back. We're back, okay, Love Island. I want to start with USA because we can get into the UK after because I have a lot more to say about USA.
Speaker 2: Tell me so.
Speaker 3: Upon the first week, the first episode, I didn't even finish the first episode. I was so grossed out. I was like, these people are not people I want to spend every single night with.
Speaker 2: For six weeks, the cast felt like Cossa. More like it felt like the tier that you bring in like midway through the season. Like that did not feel like beginning cast energy.
Speaker 3: No, which I don't know if I really have felt that. I do feel like it takes a little time to get into it with other casts too, really, no way, yeah, because you know what it is. They start with that corny ass choreographer choreographed dance and you're like, I already have a just a bad feeling about this.
Speaker 2: That dance is new. I think, people, this is only like the third year they've done it.
Speaker 3: Well those I guess how many years I've watched three three, so I've only experienced that, but they continue to get more cringe. But I weirdly like when our is it Ariana or Ariana because they always say different on the show, so I never know.
Speaker 2: I think it's an accent. It's Arianna that you know.
Speaker 3: It was really good good you need to maybe last early love Violin and that was a little too good. Anyways. I love when she comes in on the dance though, because it almost feels it feels like it elevates it. She's a professional, uh huh. Anyways, so immediately I was like, no, the kissing the back, it was so much back to back making out and the noises. I just was disgusted.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that every year, like the kissing on Love Island always becomes viral, like people are always like talking about it, and so I feel like this season the producers forced it upon us so early, like episode one that it was just too much.
Speaker 3: Well because you know they're going to do that in the games and stuff, the challenges correct.
Speaker 2: But one that I'm saying, and then they're all just like kissing each other.
Speaker 3: Like I was like, you, I know, it was grossen. I posted this on Instagram and someone was like, Okay, prutty duty and I'm like, Okay, well, if I'm prude for thinking that was disgusting, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'll be pretty even having the same thought, I'm like, am I just old? Or like, is Love Island disgusting? This?
Speaker 3: I think I've seen a lot of people talk about this, so we're not alone.
Speaker 2: But don't even get me started on Beatrice and her in Bisi ligne, because if you're making out with multiple people within Visilne, the spit gets caught in there.
Speaker 3: Oh that just shivers on my spine.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's a lot of spit swapping amongst She's Islanders.
Speaker 3: Making out with her treason, I think.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know, I'm so focused on her. I thought they were braces at first, but I'm pretty sure it's in visil line.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't know, but that's that's the detail I didn't want to know about.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of saliva swapping. But I respect the fact that she's trying to do the twenty two hours that they recommend.
Speaker 3: She's like, listen, this did not come at a convenient time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and this cost me a pretty penny, so I'm gonna I'm gonna follow the rules.
Speaker 3: So yeah, my initial take was I'm not watching this season and I'm just gonna have to an episode suffer through listening to everyone talk about it. But then Taylor came over to watch the Summerhouse Reunion Part two, and then I said, let's just watch she goes, do you want to just watch episode two? So I watched it, and I will say, as expected, the cast has grown on me more because I have a lot of issues with them all, but I appreciate that there's conversations and when when there's drama, that they have handled it and talked to each other. And I loved the conversation with Bea and Melanie when uh like, I loved when Trinity called baa al and was like, listen, I get what you were saying, but you were a little harsh. It made me like Trinity more because I was like, oh, she called her out, she stood her ground, and then I liked it. The girls had a conversation and THEO was like, I have a really hard time being vulnerable, and that was the first time we kind of saw depth from her, you know.
Speaker 2: So I saw this video and it really twisted that whole scenario for me. Wait why because they were like Beatrice was getting mad at Melanie for talking to the new Bombshell because she wants Kenzie to talk to the new Bombshell so that Kenzie will get off of Gabriel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well whatever the reason, Well.
Speaker 2: Whatever, No, She's like trying to ask like she's like all high and mighty, and I don't think it was. I think it was a little bit selfish.
Speaker 3: I think she was I think that she was projecting her insecurity coming across high and mighty. Yeah, but I'm saying the conversation where she pulled Melanie to the side and let me talk to her. I appreciated that, Corbin. I have never seen someone come in with so much Aura and just appeal only to crush as soon as he opened his mouth. He's like wallpaper, like white wallpaper, just that you want to dry. Yeah, he's so cute, but there's just nothing that we have seen thus far of depth from him. Yeah, I Melanie lost me a little bit in last night's episode because of the the paint stuff.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you something, And you know me, I am a Love Island stand like, I am hardcore stand by it. I will stick up for it. Last night I was watching the episode and I was bored.
Speaker 3: I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Finally got to the bed scene and I was like, I have to go to sleep. I didn't even finish it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, okay, are you gonna watch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But you can, I mean I don't. I'm not wordy of spoilers.
Speaker 3: Basically, they all had a color paint and they yea. So they had to find their guy, and of course they go through every guy and make out with him before they found their man. Not everyone did. Everyone kind of if they found their person, they would stop. But Melanie went to the end and Sincere and Corbin were both at the end, and she was going back and forth multiple times and she'd be like, wait me one more time, and just like knew which one Sincere was because she like felt his bun and just kept making out with both of them. And then I'm like he all he did was pul kata for a chat and she had a full meltdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, I really am eating my words because I was like, I feel like Melanie and Sincere are going to be the Tommy and Molly of this season.
Speaker 3: Boy was I wrong? How are you feeling about the comparisons to Kenzie?
Speaker 2: So I don't know how to feel about it at first, but visually I understand the way like she has, like her dagger eye, like her big wide eye, with the faces she makes, I understand like I make those same faces. And I've really come around on her. I think she's really sweet. I think she's just like a sweetheart.
Speaker 3: I do too. I like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the beginning, I didn't like her so much, and now I'm like really liking her.
Speaker 3: Well because when people started comparing you as when she was like spiraling about Zach and they had known each other for a day, She's.
Speaker 2: Like, he doesn't like blondes. I'm like, who cares a lot of guys don't like blonde alone sister.
Speaker 3: But we were watching and Haley it was I think the first episode she watched and she was like, this is that is Tanya. I don't know if Toni's happy about that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the comparison is thick.
Speaker 3: I think it's the expressions, the like squeet, the excitement, the love of life, you know, the squeals. I think that's more than it.
Speaker 2: And she's like evolved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's just like very evolved she is.
Speaker 2: Don't you think if she gets called out, she's like, yo, I get it. I'm sorry. You know. She's not defensive. She's not like, ye, caddie.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. I do appreciate that about the girls this season. There they'll say what they want to say, and then if they hurt their feelings, they'll have a conversation about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I started a UK because everyone's talking about how much better it is, but I just what is it? I can't get into the UK. I don't know what it is that's correct because everyone likes it better, I just can't.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the first episode? First two?
Speaker 3: No, just the first episode and you didn't like it? I just couldn't get into it.
Speaker 2: It's so much better because you know why why it's classy. Well yeah, in a trashy way, like the show in and of itself is not classy, but like the UK version is classy. They managed to date other people and like date people that their friends are dating in a respectful manner. They're not making out and like being disgusting, Like you know, like when they kiss, it's like it actually means something, you know, like, oh my gosh, like you guys kiss, that's so exciting. You know, we're in USA that like kissed the whole cast night one. Yeah, so it's just it's a little bit more wholesome and the drama that they put like I don't want to spoiler alert, but like they sent home Sam, Raj and Ellie and then they send them a text saying no, you get a second chance.
Speaker 3: See I don't like that stuff. I love it because it's like, why have the rules if they get sent home and then you bring them back.
Speaker 2: I think this is producers being like these two are two of our most popular islanders. They were my two favorite islanders and they just got sent home. I would have been so pissed.
Speaker 3: Was the point of having rules if you just can change and want to die.
Speaker 2: That's what the producers do all season. Do you not notice that they toy with us all season if they want certain people on the island to stay.
Speaker 3: They didn't like this season? Was yeah, I don't like it because I'm like, I don't get why not just make you just make your rules and run the show how you want instead of making everyone feel like are a part of it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I know you like him. You love being manipulated by a production team?
Speaker 2: I yeah, I love being manipulated. Just in general period period.
Speaker 3: Ariana Grande and Ethan Slater broke up with Love Island. Oh sorry, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I guess we can be done with it.
Speaker 3: What else was there to say?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's just so much like I don't know if I can keep up the pace of watching both.
Speaker 3: Also, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, So I am going to give it, like a proper two weeks with both, and then I think I'm gonna decide. But I think I know where I'm leaning.
Speaker 3: I guess the thing is, is what I The one thing I do like about watching Love Island is the camaraderie of everyone watching together. It's like the white lotus of it all, Like you get to watch weekly and you're all talking about it, and it feels like if you miss it, then you aren't a part of it.
Speaker 2: Not a part of it.
Speaker 3: So you have to make your decision based on that.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: One who doesn't live in.
Speaker 2: The UK, that's tough.
Speaker 3: But maybe you could find like a UK reddit or something.
Speaker 2: To be you know what's crazy. A lot of people are watching UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently a lot people prefer it much over the USA version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't feel alone. I don't feel low. You know the thing that I don't really I didn't watch vander Pump Rules, so I don't know Ariano Maddix, but I feel like they're trying to make her this like Maya Jama, the host of Love Island UK, is this like sexy, like sex appeal, Like she walks in and she like before Maya Jama, the other hosts were not like that, Like they were just themselves. And I mean, I think that's who I'm not saying Maya is trying to be somebody else. I think that's just who she is.
Speaker 3: But she's stunning.
Speaker 2: She's stunning. But she has this like sexy like ooz is just like sex appeal, right. But what I'm saying is the hosts before her were just themselves, you know, like the girl next door. And I kind of feel like Arian is trying to be the Maya Jama of USA, and I just like I wish that she could just be her feel comfortable being her.
Speaker 3: I love her, but I know nothing about like I love. I love that she comes in and it's like this like whole thing every time she comes in, and I love her little one her one liners make me llol, like I like her, yeah thing not less. I don't want to be friends with her.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's trying to be somebody that she's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the I think. I think she would say that because when you see her in interviews and stuff, she's not like that at all.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: So why isn't she just be her persona for like her being the host and having this you know, the love. I'm sure the producers are like, pump it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I like she stands in her little podium far off you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm talking about, Like the walk in with this and that's.
Speaker 3: Love Island way, That's how I view the show.
Speaker 2: So that's OG's no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yah, I'm not a no. Yeah. As I was saying, Ariana Grande and Ethans later broke up, which I thought happened a year ago, So I was confused.
Speaker 2: I was shook by this news.
Speaker 3: Wait, I thought this happened forever ago.
Speaker 2: No, this just happened a couple months ago.
Speaker 3: Shocked.
Speaker 2: Yes, really, you're not. He broke up his family for this. He had a wife, Mark, can you fact.
Speaker 3: Up that he had a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well he still has the kid.
Speaker 3: The kid still is Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, he still is the father of the child. But like, he broke up his family for this, Yeah, for this maybe.
Speaker 3: Well maybe it wasn't her his decision. It takes two to tango. Yeah, so I was. I wish them both the best, but not surprised you weren't.
Speaker 2: I thought this. I thought that maybe they get married.
Speaker 1: I am under the impression that the vast majority of Hollywood relations end marriages and everything, but you seem to be stunned by every single one. I remember when Bieber and Selena broke up, you were a despondent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, people are still.
Speaker 2: Over it truly. So you think I'm bad, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I saw that one coming. This one doesn't surprise me in the least.
Speaker 2: He broke up his family, right, like Mark, who is a celebrity couple that if they broke up, you would be shocked.
Speaker 1: Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.
Speaker 3: They've certainly gone the distance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would crush me.
Speaker 1: I think there are others, but nothing's leaping to mind.
Speaker 2: Emily Blunt and John Krasinski.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I used to say that's fine.
Speaker 3: Hugh Jackman and his wife.
Speaker 1: Well, you've made a whole industry of predicting these relationships.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Well, we can check in on that. It's been a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I just thought it happened a long time ago. So when it came out, I was like, get what you know that I have? You see things happening before they come to the light.
Speaker 2: You know who's not getting divorced? Well, I'm sorry they're not divorced. They broke up. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope not. They're getting married right, allegedly at in Madison Square, Garden.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that's not Do you think that's real?
Speaker 3: So yeah, the fact.
Speaker 2: That TMC is reporting it makes me feel like it's not just like a thing. But was it planted information from her team to throw people off? I don't think so. But my new theory is this, let's take a break. Okay, right, we're back, We're back.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your theory? Okay?
Speaker 2: So my theory is that when they invited people to the wedding, they're not disclosing the location. M okay. Madison Square Garden doesn't have any windows. Okay, okay, they also have underground parking. Mark, can you do just a quick.
Speaker 3: Could you see a theory about this?
Speaker 2: No? No, this is all true. This is all true that there's no windows and that there's underground parking.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So what I think that they're going to do is because when people get married with like an undisclosed location, they always have like a meeting place where people meet and then they have like the buses or the shuttles take them to the venue. So I think Madison Square Garden is going to be the place where the guests meet. There's no windows, people can park underground, so they don't get paparazzi. And then that's where Taylor's team or sorry, Taylor and Travis's team is going to pick their guests up and take them to the actual venue.
Speaker 3: Oh that's an interesting theory to where.
Speaker 2: People like can't see them, they won't follow them. Because I believe there's underground tunnels, Mark.
Speaker 1: I mean there are, there is parking under msg, but I think all the underground tunnels are subways. I don't think there's other than that.
Speaker 2: So if anyone can halt the subways for a day, maybe I think it's Taylor and Travis.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: If I'm right, I'm genius.
Speaker 3: Right, we're going to stick you on some other cases. If you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I have to jump in here. I checked Becka's list a couple of predictions. Somebody should go back and find the audio. But on December thirtieth, twenty twenty four. Okay, so Nocember twenty four, a year and a half ago. We asked Becca what do you see for Ariana and Ethan? And she said they would break up in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: See I knew. I That's why I was like this already happened you guys.
Speaker 1: The time is a construct.
Speaker 3: That's I think I should actually start speaking life into relationships instead of.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. And I was just going through some of these other ones, like I noticed you had Zoe kravitzen here and Noah Sentineo. They dated in March third. We asked you about that you did not think that was going to go very.
Speaker 3: Long, and that you said labor there, thanks for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah you sure did. Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. Yeah. So, well, what do you think about her new song for Toy Story?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it too.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna see Toy Story five? Well?
Speaker 3: No, it's the same weekend Girls Like Girls comes.
Speaker 2: Out, So I'm preserved for Girls Like Girls June nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shut up. Yeah, so you got big decisions to make people.
Speaker 2: Well, I missed Toy Story two, three, and four, so I think you should catch up. I've got to catch up.
Speaker 3: Before you might not need to see them to uh to really be able to pick up what's going on by Yeah, you think.
Speaker 2: I think it's like, Well, it's like if I didn't see the previous sonics, I don't think I would enjoy it as much.
Speaker 3: Which officially started recording the new one.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, the one that got away, There is one in here she missed on I have to say Taylor and Travis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was, but I think I I think I publicly changed my mind on I think I was, Like, I think I was wrong.
Speaker 1: You guys, they did an update this, but on March twenty seventh, twenty three, over three years ago, you said that they would break up by October of twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I let the I let the haters get in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: I also got nervous because he's a professional athlete and I knew nothing about him, and I was like, I felt scared for her, But I didn't know athletes do have a rap. Yeah I don't know. I don't either, but I didn't know much about him. And now that I feel like I've seen more and I know him better, I feel like I trust him more. I mean, I don't think all athletes are bad people. I just am saying that world is they have a reputation.
Speaker 2: Imagine reading your vows to Taylor Swift's.
Speaker 3: I don't think tough. I don't think he feels I think that's why she like loves him.
Speaker 2: Because I don't think he's not a wild smith.
Speaker 3: He's not a wordsmith, and I don't think he feels like he needs to be a wordsmith.
Speaker 2: Like he's not gonna bust out some like poetry.
Speaker 3: He's not leaving his typewriter at her house, no so, and I think she likes that he's not trying to be this poet just to be with her, like he is who he is, and I think she likes that. So I'm sure his vowels will be hilarious. Oh like jokie, it's just like sweet and funny and romantic. But I don't do I think they're gonna be lyrical. Maybe not, yeah, but I love I love that for her because I think she's dated men who probably write really yeah, trying to use bigger words than she uses, and she's like it up, Yeah, they're sorry, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm just like so curious to see who's going to the wedding, like I'm TMC keeps reporting like who's coming, who got invited, who's not invited? Like whatever happened to Taylor and Miles, Taylor, Taylor and Kelly or Kylie?
Speaker 3: What's her name? Haley? Haley?
Speaker 2: I know that was, well, they're like tight, and now like they're not. What happened that was not reported on? I feel like that falling out just like came and went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it felt like they were doing everything together and then nothing.
Speaker 2: All at once.
Speaker 3: You never know, and maybe nothing happened, and it's just people haven't seen them together, so they're speculation, right, so you never know. They just be having to deal with rumors left and right. Oh, can we talk about the new trend that you sent me?
Speaker 2: Yes? So I fear this is a trend that's coming in hot and heavy for the summer. But it's like the pants with the skirt over it. Do you remember that was like a trend like where the skirt is like built into the pants.
Speaker 3: I don't even have a memory of ever wearing this. What year was this?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I used to have so many pants skirts, like it was a trend like in height like what eighth year, like seventh grade, eighth grade? Maybe school? Yeah, middle school.
Speaker 3: And it's not because initially what you described to me, I thought you were talking about like jeans with the scarf tied around that looks like a skirt, huh, But it's.
Speaker 2: Not that no, this is built in built in same fact es basically a.
Speaker 3: Skirt, yes, but pants since the.
Speaker 2: Flowy pants underneath.
Speaker 3: And so Tanya sent them to me examples, and she goes, I fear I would look like Aladdin in these, and so I did a little work and took a photo of her and added them onto her. And I actually didn't think the gold ones were that bad.
Speaker 2: Chat GPT was generous with me. Really, yeah, I think so, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so. I feel like, look, I'll show you the picture of this was the original photo her in these black pants in a swimsuit, and then Chat added the pants skirt. I think it's I like this one.
Speaker 2: Actually I cannot, but I fear. I fear it's a trend this summer. You know, I'll be trying it. That's funny that you do that, because that was like a trend, girly like you're.
Speaker 3: You're willing to try. I can see a trend from a mile away and say that is not going to be something that makes me look trendy. That trend will not look Try.
Speaker 2: If there's anything about me is I'm going to try hard, you know what I mean? Try, try and try again. It's my initials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it only makes sense.
Speaker 2: Try if I may try, if I might.
Speaker 3: Well, in that note, we're going to try to end this podcast all right successfully, But we do have one coming Thursday, so don't worry. And that's not tomorrow but the next day because so you don't even have to wait that long because we'll hear our voices, because we'll be back with the dear Bonyo on Thursday. We love you, somebody love you.