Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy.
Speaker 3: Speculation and advice.
Speaker 2: Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul Josian.
Speaker 1: Welcome to week number six Fantasy Football Weekly. The War of Attrition continues. You've got another victim. Jordan Mason h every day it's something unbelievable. Scott fish Thorneistro lays it is a slog unlike. I mean, every year there's always injuries and it feels bad every year. I swear this is worse.
Speaker 4: It does feel really really and that paired with the fact that no tight ends are doing anything, it just feels like there's not a lot of and the passing is down. There's just not fantasy points out there this year.
Speaker 1: But there is fantasy fun anyway.
Speaker 4: There is. There always is.
Speaker 1: And the kind of people who listen to this podcast devoted fantasy players. You're staying on top of all this stuff, so you're you're pivoting ahead of time. I think you're reacting to what's happening better than the casuals. This is a bad year to be a casual fantasy player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can see that. Yeah, that makes a loss of sense.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: So you know what else is going to make sense? Your answers to three tough questions later in this show, Scott, that's going to make sense. So will the nine players will give you to take a chance upon. Also, we're going to break down the remaining twelve I believe thirteen games on the thirteen thirteen, thirteen on the schedule, something along those lines. That premature speculation. Yeah, yeah, I've got a short term helper that you'll have to hear about.
Speaker 4: At the end for premature speculation.
Speaker 1: Premature speculation, short term helper normally, okay, Yeah, Usually it's somebody like, hey, three weeks from now, a lot of.
Speaker 4: This, yeah yeah, yeah, this is my week seventeen sleeper exactly, and.
Speaker 1: You'll get to find out how he ties into a blimp. We don't get a lot of blimp talk fantasy no weekly until now. No scout Let's dive in Cleveland takes on Philadelphia. Yeah, this Cleveland offense, in fact, honestly, the entire Cleveland Browns franchise to me, feels like it's circling the drain. Yeah, Deshaun Watson is a boat anger that is going to bring down this organization.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Did you see that fourth down where Watson walks off and Stefanski's like because he like throws his arms up because he wanted to go for it. Well, it turns out there was a twelfth man was yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And they couldn't call time out because they'd already called timeout that play.
Speaker 4: It just speaks to disorganization and miss ken communication.
Speaker 1: Now it does what it does, and Deshaun Watson, I think Warren Sharp tweeted about this. Deshaun Watson has played the easiest passing schle the NFL.
Speaker 4: Multiple people said he's the worst passer in the NF. Yeah, so naturally he's on the bench even against the Eagles team who has allowed multiple passing scores in three of their four By the way, Deshaun Watson doesn't even have a twenty plus yard completion in the last couple of games. He's not even throwing downfield in the passing game. I basically got everyone on the bench right now, David and Junku has been limited in practice re injured on his return. I suppose there's a glimmer of hope that Kate Dott and just take tag the Eagles for six for fifty two, but it took being targeted nine times to get there, don't I don't think in Djoku gets that. And he's not really healthy. Jerry Judy hasn't scored since Week one. He's kind of like a four for forty player anyway. Amari Cooper leads the league in air yards, third in the league in targets, but forty five percent of his targets have been uncatchable. Oh forty five percent.
Speaker 1: He also, I think, leads the NFL and drops at the same time, so he's not getting accurate asses and then when the ball comes to him, he drops it.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, d'n Davian Wicks is coming for that record. He's coming for it, baby. Forty two point six percent catch rate basically also a four for forty one guy. But the Eagles are bottom ten against wide receivers both receptions and touchdowns let up a lot of So there's the glimmer of hope he gets sucked, he gets double digit target volume. I'm giving him a C grade here, hoping he can make a few more of those passes will be catchable. It's really hard with four teams on buy not to at least give him the c over. In the run game, I have Jerome Ford with a C grade. The Eagles have allowed one hundred plus yards to the lead running back in three of the four weeks. In their last game, Irving and White combined for it, Jerome Ford gets most of the work. The Eagles have allowed just one score. That's that's part of the problem. Foreman has had two ten touch days, but he still plays. He doesn't do anything with him and he plays half the snaps of Ford basically just comes in to do a couple nothing carries. But the fourteen for sixty seven total yard average isn't great. But I have him as a volume C here because he gets the pass catching work as well. Over to the Philly side, I have a B grade on Jalen Hurts. You're QB twenty on the year twenty perfect song for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, in fairness, he's played most of these games without some combination of his number one, number two and number three receiver. I think Hurts it's a perfect time to be yes.
Speaker 4: It's my next note that he will finally have his full compliment of weapons back since since in Week one, where he had the best his best Fantasy day of the year. His receivers are still banged up. I mean Smith should be out of concussion protocol and play by then. He's still in it, but he should be. He's dragging to play, and then AJ Brown dealing with a hamstring. He's been practicing full. At the end of the week, he should play, So I have a B grade on Hurts. We just saw Daniels tag this this Brown's team last week. They're over in the passing game again. DeVonta smiths C grade AJ Brown and B grade AJ Brown. We haven't seen him since Week one, but he dropped five for one hundred and nineteen and one and wide receivers ones versus Cleveland McLaurin, Neighbors, Brian Thomas, Junior Ceedee Lamb all had very very solid double digit days, some explosive days. He'll likely get Denzel Ward, who's coming off his own hamstring injury. If Denzel Ward doesn't play, even better. But even if Ward does play, he's coming off of the hamstring injury as well, So I have a B grade on AJ Brown. You could talk me higher. C grade on DeVonta Smith, who gets the better Greg Newsom matchup. Cleveland mostly just middle of the pack against defensive categories, but they've only allowed four wide receiver touchdowns. B grade on Dallas Goddard. The Browns haven't allowed to score the tight ends and are allowing thirty four total yards per game. But you can make an argument that Dallas Goddard is the best one that they're going that they've faced outside of Brock Powers of Rock powers good coming across the table. Yeah, yeah, I literally threw my hat up hold back Thor. I don't want you to get after me, but yeah, he's averaging seventy five yards per game, seventeen catches for two hundred and three two yards just in the last two weeks. They're really but of course the other receivers have been injured. B grade on Dallas Goddard. Here in a grade on Saquon Barkley. I don't think I have to talk about twenty plus touches, one hundred and thirty plus the yards a game.
Speaker 1: Unreal Thork Houston takes on a New England will see this Houston offense without the best receiver in the league Nico Collins who was dominating yards accumulated through the air to this point, and they'll need to find some other ways to attack the Patriots. How do you like this Houston offense?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And we have speaking of injuries, also, we have a weird thing going on with the Texans running back room. It looks like Joe Mixon is going to come back.
Speaker 5: He think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, practice the last two days, the late week tea leaves here look promising for a return.
Speaker 5: How much will he play in this game? How many carries?
Speaker 6: How many touches will he get in the game that the Texans don't necessarily need him in order to win? Correct In the two weeks that mixing was active, you do have to say Houston leaned into the ground game and the Patriots d of course is trash, but I'm going to give him a bea just with some of these factors up in the air mix in. If mixing somehow didn't go for PPR formats, I wanted to toss out the dare A goomboalle Yeah, yeah, Doarre if mixing you got somehow is yeah, I would give a seed to dare in PPR formats only, but we pray ten of eleven cut targets that the last two games going to the Texans passing attacks.
Speaker 5: CJ. Stout, I'm going to give him a B.
Speaker 6: Three hundred and forty five and three hundred and thirty one passing yards the last two weeks while setting a new career high in attempts in both those games. But you have to keep expectations a little bit and check here. Of course, you mentioned Nico Collins is out for this game, and the total of this game at the sports books is under forty. The Patriots have allowed the ninth least fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks, in part because you can just run at the end in the second half. You don't have to throw against them you're ahead. But the Patriots do play man at the fourth highest rates in the NFL.
Speaker 5: CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud is number three in the NFL in yards per attempt against man. So with those factors in mind, I'm giving him a B. Stefan Diggs, I'm gonna I guess downgrade him to a B in this game. He's been wide receiver twelve and fantasy points per game to this point, so he's been in a receiver with a twenty six point two percent first read share, but in this game, he is likely to be shadowed by Christian Gonzalez, who is only allowing fifty five points six percent catch rate, sixty five point two opposer passer rating on targets. And in the games where Gonzo has gone up against Jamar Chase, Garrett Wilson, DK Metcalf, Tyreek killing Brandon Aiyuk, only DK Metcalf of those receivers got over sixty yards on their targets against him.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna go be with Diggs. I'm gonna go be also with Tank Dell.
Speaker 6: Tank Dell's only been wide receiver seventy and Fantasy points per game to this point. That'll change, and I think it changes in this game. He's not had twelve Fantasy points in any game scored fewer than nine and three of four, but last year scored seventy plus Fantasy points in all games where he had five plus targets. I think he's getting the five plus targets here with Niago Collins sideline to your point before, and he has a much better matchup in this game on field than Stefan Diggs does. Tank Dell is going to see Jonathan Jones and Marco Wilson. Those guys have not been good. Marco Wilson hasn't been good his whole career ever since he threw that shoe on the field at Florida Dalton Schultz. The last one we'll talk about what the Texans. I'm gonna give him a ben. Yeah, even though he's only been tight end twenty five at this point. You guys know, super duper disappointing and a crazy ugly zero point six to eight yards per route run that's second to last them on qualifying tight ends.
Speaker 5: But I think this is the break all week. It's a good matchup.
Speaker 4: You want a fun fact on that, Yeah, all six of his targets last week came after Nico came off Goes, and all six of his targets the week before it came with Dell off.
Speaker 5: Oh so I love.
Speaker 4: It becomes an option once the guy's.
Speaker 6: Gone exactly and very good, and then in this one good matchup, Texan's going to be throwing a bit. That's what they've been doing here recently. New England has allowed the third highest yards per reception and seventh most receiving yards to opposing tight ends. Moving over to the Patriots Drake May. Where you get to see Drake May's his first career start, but you got to keep him on the bench and keep your expectations in check. Jacobe Brissette never had a top twenty five quarterback finish in fantasy scoring out there. Brissette was also pressured on a league high forty six point five percent of his dropbacks.
Speaker 5: I think this is a super important point.
Speaker 6: Drake May struggled under duress throughout his entire college career, even when he was cooking last year, Drake May, so this is under pressure. Last year in the ACC thirty nine for ninety passing at times with forty three point three percent completions. He had a seven to five TD nin and T rate fifty nine point two PFF passing grade on those with twenty eight sacks. So it was either turn the ball over or the negative plays. Patriots offensive line stinks obviously, so he's going to be under duress in this game.
Speaker 5: You can't start him.
Speaker 6: Ramandre Stevenson is out, it's looking like and so we're gonna get Antonio Gibson, who we will talk about later because he might take a chance on me running back play Jalen Polk, I'm gonna give him a seat on He's only caught nine of nineteen targets for so far on the season, but the snaps have been going up every single week and the stock goes up with Drake May moving into the lineup. Those two show chemistry in preseason camp, so Jalen Polk, We're gonna get him in the lineup.
Speaker 5: S wide receiver, three.
Speaker 6: Flex type guy Pop Douglas is the guy I'm keeping on the bench. Drake May did like throwing to the slots in college. Josh Downs come on down, but this isn't the time to trust Pop Douglas. He's twenty six out of thirty one qualifying slot receivers in PFF receiving grade. And this is a bad matchup against Jalen Petrie, who ranks number five among nickel defenders in the NFL and yards allowed per coverage snap last Keith Hunter Henry on the bench as well, zero point seven to one yards per route run, nine percent first reach here since Week three, and this is a bad matchup. The Texans allowed the fourth fewest fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends.
Speaker 1: Arizona takes on Green Bay This game's got a variety of different angles on it, but I'm gonna start with Kyler Murray. Just one passing touchdown in four or five games. I think that's disappointing for all of us. He is chipping on, chipping in fifty one rushing yards per game. That's helping a lot, and it's why I've got an a great on him here at Green Bay has allowed the seventh most passing yards and the sixth most passing touchdowns. And you might be like, well, no, Jaire Alexander, but when JayR was playing, he wasn't doing that well. So even if Jayer comes back for this game, and he may doesn't change my thinking on this at all. Let's go to Marvin Harrison. Very inconsistent so far. We've had big games, we've had down games, but this feels like a great opportunity for him, even if JayR Alexander comes back. In Alexander's three games, he had allowed a touchdown and at very healthy sixty five yards per game in his coverage. That is a lot for any single cornerback. So I've still got an a grade on Marvin Harrison. If he's going to keep booming or busting. He's more boomed than busting this one. Greang Dorch hitting the sea grade George Baby Dorman Dortch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He'll go up against slot corner Keyshawn Nixon, who has regressed this year, allowing two touchdowns and an opposed passer rating of one hundred and two. He's Pro Football Focus is ninety fifth ranked cornerback Michael Wilson, also hitting the board of the Sea Gray startable in a plus matchup, he goes up against Eric Stokes, who ranks his Pro Football Focuses ninety ninth quarterback cornerback. He's allowed two touchdowns already, and after a slow start, Wilson's been heavily involved in this offense. Over the last three games. He's averaging seven targets, six catches in eighty five air yards per game.
Speaker 4: In fairness, Stokes might also be ranked the ninety ninth quarterback. Yeah, right, so we don't know, right, we don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's his true calling because it's not.
Speaker 4: Quarner just unrealized.
Speaker 1: Last thing about this offense, I'll mention James Connor quality runners absolutely getting it done here against the Packers. Four or five opposing lead runners have topped one hundred and five total yards against Green Bay. They're also yielding good, not great games through the air air to runners. Three opposing lead backs have topped thirty two receiving yards and another scored via reception. I did not jut down my notes on tight end Trey McBride, So I'll come back to that next segment.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'll have to hit the take a chance, let me tight that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. He's a little too good for that. I guess the question is whether or not he's an A or a B.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Green Bay. Jordan loves an obvious A grade. He's my number three ranked quarterback this week. I'm not gonna spend a lot of time in him.
Speaker 3: Oh noor.
Speaker 1: Jayden Reid get this three non Molik Willis games. Jaden Reid averaging one hundred and thirty six total yards and a full touchdown per game. He runs almost exclusively from the slot, where he's gonna match up against cornerback Garrett Williams, who is a lightly used sophomore, has only ever seen forty NFL targets in his life. That's a way plus matchup for Jaden Reid. How about Tucker Kraft. Two straight games of domination for Craft to such a great degree that Luke Musgrave didn't play a snap last week. Now he's heard the Cardinals have seen some really good tight ends and mostly held him in check. Dalton Kinkaid, Sam Laporta, zach Ertz, George Kittle have averaged thirty three yards and a quarter of a touchdown. But Craft remains a B grade because only George Kittle has seen more than three has seen of the more than three target it's Kittled went berserk with twelve targets last week. So you can target the tight end and maybe they'll do that with Tucker Craft here. Really tough calls on Dontavian Wicks and Romeo Dobbs flopped Obviously, Dobbs didn't play last week, but Wicks stopped flopped badly in a crushing spot last week. That was very disappointing. Dobbs returns after his one game suspension and running from the outside. Wicks and Dobbs they're gonna line up against Sean Murphy, Bunting and Starling Thomas. They hold Pro Football Focus ranks as cornerback one hundred and four and cornerback eighty eight Thomas has already allowed two touchdowns. So I've got C grades on both Wicks and Dobbs in this one. Christian Watson not expected to play with his high ankle sprain, and even if he does try, we're not gonna We're not gonna risk reinjury on that one.
Speaker 4: Can I make a prediction on Trey McBride. He's your tight end two, so I'm gonna go maybe in a grade And you probably would have mentioned that to the last three tight ends to scored against the Packers, and even Kolby Parkinson had seven for fifty two last week.
Speaker 1: Wow, well thanks for doing that for me. I forgot the Josh Jacobs side on this, So how I gonna come back and do.
Speaker 4: Josh Jacob boy?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: What was a little bit of Troy on Trey McBride.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing a if you haven't been tight end two?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank it, Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: What happened to me in this the middle of this matchup? I don't know, this never happened.
Speaker 4: It's a Vikings bye week.
Speaker 1: You're off your game, I guess, so would we come back take a chance on me nine players not normally in your starting lineup. We've already tipped our hand on one of them.
Speaker 7: Find out the other eight when we come back.
Speaker 1: Take a chance on me nine players you would not normally start. Many of these guys available on the waiver wire right now, and they can help your team in a tricky bye week. We begin at the quarterback position. Scott Fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this guy has only throwing forty one passes in the last two weeks, which doesn't sound good. No's he was only started thirty five percent last week, twenty one percent started this week coming up, and he's he's like QB sixteen on the season right now.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah Yeah, Jared Goff, Yeah, he's in the game. That's got a fifty two point five over under, So it should be it should be a little bit of a shootout. Parsons might miss, Eric Kendricks might miss. The Lions get in the red zone or get to the red zone, or score on forty seven point seven percent of their drives, and I feel like this is a game that's gonna have a lot of drives. The Cowboys have allowed multiple KB scores in three of their last four and GoF has multiple scores and back to back.
Speaker 1: Detroit's gonna kill him. That's what I think is gonna happen here. So you take a chance at me quarterback.
Speaker 6: I'm going with Spencer Ratler getting the spots start here for Derek Carr.
Speaker 1: Wow, right out of the goals, we've got on our soundbar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where's the hiss Rattler? We got a good die. Yeah, we got a good diet.
Speaker 1: To get the Rattler in.
Speaker 4: It's a bad job by the producer.
Speaker 6: Now at the Saints offensive line, it has disintegrated in recent weeks and this is Rattler's first start.
Speaker 5: But Ratler, here's the good news.
Speaker 6: Ratler spent the last two years under constant arrest at South Carolina, a team that had one of the worst offensive lines in the entire FBS, and in the last draft class, he was number one in on target rate win pressure at seventy four and a half percent.
Speaker 5: There, Rattler, doesn't I love that?
Speaker 3: Oh that's good love.
Speaker 4: That's even better than mine that slightly.
Speaker 6: Now, Ratler doesn't run much. Sure, he's gonna need the passing touchdowns to return fantasy value. Luckily, Tampa Bay's pass defense is horrible. The Buccaneers have allowed a quarterback one or facilitated a quarterback one score in four of five games. Yeah, so, I I think Rattler, especially if you need a quarterback, I think he's potentially startable here sneaky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the big arm. It just they're going to heave some passes to rashicha heat for if.
Speaker 4: He plays, is expected to play.
Speaker 1: They might get Antoine Winfield back and that would help this secondary for Tampa quite a bit. But I like that as a dart throat.
Speaker 4: By the way, did you already said about a LaVey. I don't know who has New Orleans matchup, but he said, it's my job to go out there and get a lobvey the ball as much as possible.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, he gets it, he gets the assignment.
Speaker 1: I guess, so I get you heat the ball.
Speaker 5: But that's me.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams has got Jacksonville here. Williams has gotten measurably better over the past three weeks. He has finished as a top ten quarterback twice in the last three weeks. He's now completing seventy two percent of his passes over the last two games. And this week marks the fourth state straight favorable matchup for Caleb Williams. It's Jacksonville Jaguars have allowed the most fantasy points to quarterbacks, the second most passing yards, and the second most passing touchdowns in a season where nobody's throwing. Three different quarterbacks have top three hundred and thirty eight passing yards against the Jaguars. Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 4: Scott Sure, I'm going over to the Jets and Brailan Allen gained that soft matchup against the Bills. Bill's good matchup for fantasy runners, ranking second easiest, most combo yards per game allowed at one to seventy one, including six scores. It feels like Henry's two hundred yards and two scores is a big part of that. But Connor had a great game eight chan and a great game even Akers had forty two in a score. There are a couple second backs like Justice Hill and Darya Gumbowale had really good games against them. I think there's enough room for both here. Brailan Allen three point twenty five yards after contact is top ten in the league, and he completely passes the eyeball test, which we all know with football players is way better than the sniff test. Eyeball test is what you want.
Speaker 1: The word sniff never has a positive connotation ever, even if you are like a wine connoisseur and you're swirling the wine in yea class and you're taking the big inhale.
Speaker 4: It's I do like it good whiskey though, like the smels.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between with and sniff though?
Speaker 5: Is there a difference to you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Not with?
Speaker 1: Is sniff? Is the verb with?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 1: Is that getting a whip?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think's the breathing. All right, let's go to thor you'll take a chance of me running back.
Speaker 6: I'm going with the Antonio Gibson against the Texans Gibson. Last week they split the snaps with Remondre fifty to fifty. This is going to be his show this week. With Remandre out, the Patriots only have Jamichael Hasty behind Gibson and they have to elevate a practice squad guy for our beat three, so literally nothing behind him. The last three weeks, the Texans have allowed eighty plus rushing yards to James Cook, Tank Bigsby and Aaron Jones consecutively, and Gibson could get a lot of dump off targets here from rookie quarterback one Drake May, who again is going to be under constant duress here. Gibson, of course, former wide receiver at Memphis, knows how to catch the ball and run after the catch.
Speaker 5: I think Gibson's worth the look here.
Speaker 1: So stupid that they're starting Drake May behind the worst so dump the worst offensive line in football, and the least productive wide receiver group. They're just gonna wreck that kid. I'm certain we're gonna talk more about Drake Bataman.
Speaker 4: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: I hope they don't wreck him. We'll find out. That's gonna come up later in the show. I think this is gonna be the last time I can possibly use Tank Bigsby here. And mostly I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say that this is the third time in six weeks. This is for us as a team.
Speaker 1: Mostly it's so I can press the peak coush.
Speaker 4: He's Baker Mayfield twenty twenty three level now.
Speaker 1: I spent at least three four or five shows last year. I issued formal apologies for recommending Tank Bigsby through much of the preseason, and then he flopped and people were mad at me. You know what, I wasn't wrong.
Speaker 3: I was just early.
Speaker 5: That's all called the ambulance.
Speaker 4: That's that's a common theme on this show, but.
Speaker 1: The early bird.
Speaker 4: Right now, when we have people with Damian.
Speaker 1: Pierce goes off, then I'll have come full circle on my two seasons. Let's talk about biggs be against Chicago. They have Chicago's an elite pass defense the path of least resistance, and I think the only chance the Jay Wars have of winning the game is by dominating on the ground, where the Bears allow five yards per carry to opposing runners. Chicago ranks eighteenth in run defense by Pro Football Focus. Only two teams have allowed more than Chicago's six rushing touchdowns. We're gonna talk even more about Tank Bigsby later in this show. Let's go to the receivers. Scott, who's your take a chance with me guy?
Speaker 4: Yes, so early in the week you picked a guy that I'm like, he seems too good to be a a take on a chance on me player. And then you moved off it, and I realized I looked into it. He's twenty percent started this week.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: In Jalen Tolbert, He's only twenty He's only forty nine percent rostered. He's available in half of leagues.
Speaker 5: Get him.
Speaker 4: How is this possible? He is the one BEA to see Lamb's one A since week one. Listen to this. Lamb twenty catches Tobert, nineteen thirty one targets for Lamb, twenty seven for Tolbert, three red zone targets for Lamb, five for Tolbert, two scores for Lamb, one for Tolbert. It's says sixty three PPR points to fifty four pe points difference since week one. They're basically one A, one B to each other, and they get a Lions D that's allowed the fourth most receptions in sixth most yards allowed. I actually had a B grade on it. But these might take a chance on me play, I guess because no one's starting him.
Speaker 1: Yep, I love it. Tolbert's not giving that job up. Brandon Cooks, this is going to be He's going to pass the baton while he's on IR yep. And Tolbert's not going to look back. Thor you take a chance on me.
Speaker 6: Receiver going with Giants receiver Darius Slayton against the Bengals with Malik Neighbors ruled out again. Slayton's usage is going up. He'll be running most of Neighbors's routes with won Dale remaining wan Dale in this offense. With Neighbors out. Last week, Slayton got a crazy thirty five percent target share and eleven targets. Neighbors himself was averaging thirteen targets a game, and in that game last week, Slayton eight of eleven targets. Caught eight of eleven targets one hundred twenty two yards and a touchdown. This is a good matchup here. The Bengals have allowed a wide receiver touchdown every game since the opener. Slayton, the deep guy in this offense, now has a decent chance of continuing that streak this week.
Speaker 1: I like that angle quite a bit. Might take a chance of me players at tight end zach Ertz going up against Baltimore. Baltimore coverage has been terrible this year, and we'll talk more about that later, but the Ravens rank thirty first in tight end receptions at six and a half per game, and they're ranked thirty first in tight end yards allowed seventy four per game, and all seventy four should go to zach Ertz across the entire roster. Zach Ertz has every single target but two to the tight end position for Washington, so he gets basically all the tight end work and Baltimore's getting killed by tight ends. All right, last segment, I totally missed Josh Jacobs. He's in eight grade, so let me just circle back on that for two seconds. Here again, going up against Arizona. In five games, six different backs have topped sixty eight yards or scored or done both. Against Arizona, they've given up the six most fantasy points to running backs. And Emmanuel Wilson usage dropped way off last week. And I don't know why that necessarily happened. And I still think Emmanuel Wilson's a good stash, but he's not playable right now. Josh Jacobs is my number six ranked running back. You can get all my player rankings at fantasylife dot com. All right, let's go to our next matchup, which is Scott Indianapolis taking on Tennessee. It appears Anthony Richardson will be back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that quarterback practiced in fall all week. They said game time decision, but I mean, we know what we know what's up, he said, He said he's ready. It may actually be a better spot for Anthony Richardson than Joe Flacco. The Tennessee Titans are first in completions allowed, attempts allowed, passing yards allowed, fourth in passing touchdowns. They're a tough pass defense. They're one of the best defenses in the NFL.
Speaker 1: They might be the best. Tennessee might be the be.
Speaker 4: They might be the best. However, they have allowed their bottom ten in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns allowed to quarterbacks, which feels that's a match here. That does feel like a match for Anthony Richardson. But because his pass game work isn't gonna work too much, I'm only giving him a C grade and has on that because he just isn't gaining the fantasy volume we thought he would. I have basically the entire passing game on the bench. However, in this really tough matchup, Titans have allowed the fewest yards, second fewest receptions, and zero wide receiver scores this year. If Pittman does go somehow, he was supposedly an IR candidate and now he's maybe gonna play, he might get the shadow treatment from Lagarius Need, who previously shadowed Tyreek Hill to twenty three yards, DJ Moore to thirty six yards, Garrett Wilson to fifty seven yards. Obviously none of them scored, so I have him on the bench. I have Alec Pierce on the bench as well. Josh Downs I had a C grade on because the slot is the one place you can get across on the Titans defensive defense. They're allowing forty two percent of their fantasy points to the slot. There, you said had but yeah, but he's hurt. But he's hurt, but yes, limited on Friday. So if he doesn't go, obviously he's on the bench. But I did have a SEA grade on him, just I'm a little worried there. Over to the running game, Jonathan Taylor out. It's a tough spot against the fourth ranked Jets run de allowing ninety eight total yards per game, and we're probably going to see a split between Sermon and Goodson. Goodson ran twenty more routes than Sermon last year. He's definitely the B to Sermon. You can't ignore the ten plus carries and six catches for Sermon. But I have him both on the bench. I'd give a C grade to sermon, if you really, really really have to go with a running back on that side of the ball, it's probably sermon over to the Tennessee side. I'm giving the grimiest of grimy se grades to will Levis here.
Speaker 1: I think he is like a long shot candidate. I think he's an official ffd S guard throat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, seriously. His last full game was against the Packers. He had two hundred and sixty yards and two scores, and that was a much tougher matchup than this one against the Colts defense that has allowed the fourth most yards to quarterbacks multiple scores in four of five. In fact, they've allowed three hundred yards and multiple scores in three straight. So it's a good spot. Uh, let's just I mean, Will Levis has nine turnovers on the season, though, so you're gonna get some of some of that, and he's only played three full games.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Kelvin Ridley I have a C grade on, but it's it feels so gross. Eight receivers have had seventy five yards and or a score against the Colts. But Kelvin really has only caught the ball nine times this season off of those thirteen targets.
Speaker 5: Geez, But this.
Speaker 1: Teams will be a number one receiver on any team in the NFL. Yeah, you're rolling into Week six with thirteen targets.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Colts have allowed fourth most yards receivers. Not good, They're not good against the outside. Second most yards per route run, fourth most yards after the catch. If Ridley's gonna do it, it's gonna be here.
Speaker 1: And really does have like once a month. He yeh bizarre. Yes, he had the one good game last month in September. He owes us one in October May.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, DeAndre Hopkins is like a high snap or a low snap percentage part time player now and just two reds on targets. He's on the bench. I'm gonna mention Chiga Konku on the bench only because the Colts d versus tight ends are giving it up to everybody. I don't trust Shag, but maybe next week with John U, the week after with Shultz, or the week after with Concline.
Speaker 5: I'm just here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not trusting Shig, but man, they are just getting destroyed week after week by tight ends and in the running game. I have a B grade on Tony Pollard, a C grade on Taj Spears, but Taja really should be on the bench. Three lead backs over one hundred total yards against the Colts, who ranked ninth worst against fantasy running backs, fourthmost rush yards allowed, bottom eight against pass catching backs.
Speaker 1: Paid contests and now available at Guillotine leagues dot com. If you've been waiting to join a Guillotine league for prizes, this is your chance. There are still thirteen weeks of hot, spicy chopping action. And if you don't know people to play with you, you can always do a private league with your friends. But if you don't know them, pray in a prize publicly attain leagues dot com. When we come back, got other big block of matchups for you, including Tampa Bay taking on New Orleans. Will tell you Baker Mayfield's gonna stay when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. A big block of matchups for you, beginning with Tampa Bay taking on New Orleans. Rashaan White not expected to go in this one. Bucky Irving. We're gonna get our first look of maybe a full game of Bucky Irving.
Speaker 5: This could be a big.
Speaker 1: Opportunity here, stepping into the spalley here.
Speaker 6: Last two weeks Bucky between forty two to forty three percent snap right average in those games, eleven touches and fifty six total yards per game. Bucky rinks number six in the NFL right now in miss tackles, force per attempt love it. This is not a great matchup though. The Saints have allowed the seventh fewest rushing yards per game the NFL.
Speaker 5: So I gave Bucky a c.
Speaker 6: Also given Baker Mayfield to see he has been a top ten scorer in four or five games this season, but he's been pressured, and he's been pressured the seventh lowest average time in the NFL because he's getting the ball out the fastest he ever has in his entire career. But this is not a great matchup. The Saints are number seven in the NFL in pressure rate, No opposing quarterback has finished in the top half of the league against them in fantasy points, and New Orleans has only allowed one touchdown pass this season, which is why.
Speaker 1: They see to be at this stage.
Speaker 6: Super crazy Mike Evans. I'm only giving him a see very very tough matchup here. Evans has been held under thirteen PPR points. Get this last nine times? Nine times you say, nine times against the Saints when Marshawn Lattimore has played Marshawn Lattimore short circuits Mike Evans, He's failed to record even ten PBR points in seven of those nine games. And this season, the Saints have helped boundary wide receivers to just the one touch the aforementioned one touchdown. So we're giving him a See, we're giving Chris Godwin a B wide receiver eight and fantasy.
Speaker 5: Points like him.
Speaker 6: This year, He's been targeted on a career high twenty five percent of his routes. Evans is issue with Marshawn Lattimore could lead to more targets, maybe even more end zone targets. I take it to a B though, because I also like Kate Otton in this game, and I do think Bucky Irving's going to get to be getting some more targets. Here was a very skilled receiver at Oregon. Kate Oughton gave him a be tight end eleven in fantasy points per game since Week three, and the Saints pass defense is a tight end funnel. New Orleans has allowed the third most yards and fourth most receptions to opposing tight ends. Moving over to the Saint Spencer Ratlers might take a chance on me. Quarterback Alvin Kamara is an a. He returned to practice on Thursday. He has a hip in the hand. Is he's going to play? From all indications, he's taking sixty percent of the Saints have snaps this season, which the fifth highs of any running back in the NFL. And I also want to point out I think the swap from Derek car to Spencer Rallery could lead to even more checkdowns here for Elvin and then on the run defense side, the Bucks have surrendered almost five yards per carry this season. Matchup for him, Chris o'lave, even though he's only wide receiver forty three so far this season, I'm gonna I'm gonna give him a bee here will Spencer Ratler changes for fortunes Mister Scott Fish mentioned and Spencer Ratler said this week, my job is he god Chris o'lave the ball, and this is not a bad matchup to do it. The Bucks play a bunch of cover three versus Cover three. O Lave's yards per route run has jumped up to three point two one.
Speaker 1: That's very high.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well above where he's been the rest of the time, so take a look at him. Rashid Shaheed, I'm gonna give him a bee. He's on the injury report with a hit, but Shahead said, all be good to go for the Bucks wide receiver twenty five and fantasy points per game this year with a mind boggling fifty plus percent.
Speaker 5: Air yard share, which is just crazy. This is a very good matchup on paper.
Speaker 6: The Bucks have allowed the ninth most receiving yards per game to boundary wide receivers. But I do think the Saints are going to keep it on the ground more often in this matchup, with Spencer Ratler getting that start, then the last one Juwan Johnson, I'm giving him a ce. Taysom Hill likely out again with the rib fracture. Johnson has played sixty eight percent of the snaps the last two games, but are very poor zero point nine to two yards per route run. Bucks are about middle of the pack against tight ends, number thirteen in receptions and receiving yards.
Speaker 1: Washington takes on Baltimore. This game features my number one and number two ranked quarterbacks both Jade and Daniels and Lamar Jackson or obvious a's here. Let's start with the Washington side Terry McLaurin and a grade finally paired with a capable quarterback. We've been waiting his whole career for this, and he has exploded in fantasy value over the past three weeks, which coincides with Jade and Daniels starting to throw down field. McLaurin its top to one hundred yards scored or done both in every game. The Ravens secondary getting roasted Baltimore. Baltimore ranks dead last and passing yards allowed they ranked twenty ninth, and wide out yards allowed thirty first, and wide out touchdowns allowed. And I understand they've been rolling up some big leads, but at the end of the day, who cares. All that matters is the box score and they're giving this up. Zach Ertz was might take a chance on me tight end. He comes in with a B grade in this one. Brian Robinson has got this pesky knee injury. He is going to be a game time decision, and he faces an elite Baltimore run defense. They rank number one in rushing yards allowed, number one in yards per carried allowed. They rank number two in run defense success rate. Robinson needs to overcome the knee injury, and I think just get like a goal line carry for any relevancy here. So I've got him on the bench, and I guess we get good news between now and kickoff and you want to put him into your lineup. Maybe a C grade at best, but I've got a bench grade on him. Austin Eckler frustratingly low volume, but Eckler remains startable because hey, he's healthy and he's finding his way to decent games. He has topped fifty five total yards in every game. He's running fourteen routes per game, which is a good number for running backs. Ravens gave up a receiving touchdown last week to Chase Brown. So we're gonna just hope that Eckler can continue to get his fifty ish total yards four or five catches and get you to like ten PPR points. And that's a C grade on the Baltimore side. Already mention Lamar Jackson's and obvious a so is Derek Henry. Obviously, he's currently running at six yards per Carrie just he's running back one in Fantasy points score. The only other guys that you care about are the tight ends. Now, it turns out both Isaiah Likely and Mark Andrews were startable last week. But good luck getting this figured out. It took forty one points in overtime to get capable output out of Likely and Andrews last week. My fear remains week to week just guessing which one or maybe both, usually neither is gonna be the guy you can use. It's just gonna be feudal. And I'm not playing that game. And Washington's been very good against tight ends. None of top forty seven yards four of five opponents haven't had a tight end top twenty two yards. So we're gonna bench both Likely and Andrews. And that just leaves us with Jay flowers. When Dereck Henry gets massive volume flowers wilts, Henry doesn't flowers blooms.
Speaker 4: See, do we have a flower sounder?
Speaker 1: How do you what would a flowers sound like?
Speaker 4: No? I thought we do like if we have a flowers soundery.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, as a matter of fact, we do. We both Sorry, there we go. When Henry gets eighteen or fewer carries flowers averages seven catches for eighty yards, that's great. When Henry gets more than eighteen carries flowers, averages two catches for fifteen yards. Importantly, against Washington, no back his top eighteen carries. So I'm optimistic that Henry is not gonna have one of his twenty six carry games and the Flowers is going to be okay. Here, we got to B grade for him, all right, Scott. Our final matchup for segment is the Chargers taking on Denver. These are two really good defenses. Struggling offense is not a ton to like here, right.
Speaker 4: This could be the most exciting game of the weekend. I don't think it's gonna make that Lions Dallas game look like nothing. So for the Chargers. The Chargers run the few US plays, they take the longest time per play, and run the third highest percentage of run plays. I heard someone this week say that they try to put everyone to sleep. That's what they do with their offense.
Speaker 1: They put a sleeper hole.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Defenses and audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The over under in this game is thirty six, which is just absolutely ridiculously low. Broncos our top three in pressure rate QB knockdown splits, percentage in sacks. Obviously a very good defense, very good on the D line there. I have the entire passing game on the bench, Justin Herbert on the bench, Quentin Johnston. If anyone gets shadow coverage from Patrick's ortan, he may not shadow. He didn't shadow, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't think he has to here because there's not a clear number one.
Speaker 4: He can go on Trey Talker. Yeah, he can go on the other side or trade yeah, whatever his name is, sorry, he can go on the other side. He didn't shadow last week against the Raiders. But even if he did shadow, Johnston goes to the slot less than so Tan does. Like Tan doesn't go to the slot, but neither is. Qwenton Johnston the Raiders. The Broncos allowing the third fewest Fantasy points to the position and just one score to wide receivers. So I have McConkie on the bench too. They allowed the fewest fantasy points to the slot where McConkie comes out of. I know that he's got twenty four targets in his in the four games. He's the target leader on the team, but really his only two games good games are when he scored, and this is a defense. It's only allowed one wide receiver score. So I have them on the bench. I have a C grade on JK. Dobbins will It sounds like Gus Edwards is not going to play now practicing correct and Kamani Videl may get his first game action. I got him on the bench, but he might get his first game action. JK. Dobbins gets his fifteen yards before contact, seventheen yards over expectation per attempt, ninth in forced miss tackles. He's just been decent so far since week won. No running back, however, has topped seventy yards against the Broncos and just one score in that span, leading to a top ten rank against fantasy running backs due to gust being out and the volume, I'm still gonna give JK. Dobbins a see. He gets pass game work as well, so I think he'll get there. Benjam On the Denver side, it's basically the same exact story bo Nix. We're not starting him against the top three Chargers team allowing two hundred and seven yards and just three passing touchdowns all year. Cortland and Sutton is second in the league in unrealized air yards twenty four percent target share, but forty six point three percent of his targets are uncatchable, much like Mark Coop just a lot of uncatchable balls, fifth and end zone targets, however, that's that's why he scored three touchdowns. But I got him on the bench the running game. Javonte Williams C grade second in the league in touches without scoring with seventy touches, hasn't scored yet, fourth and miss tackles. It's a C grade for the guy who leads them in targets, catches, receiving yards, every thing, and he gets He's at eighteen touches in back to back games. He's gonna get there on volume. That's a lot.
Speaker 5: Sigh.
Speaker 4: McLoughlin. On the bench, he's not getting enough work. Battie Baby might be out estimated, might might play, He might be an interesting stash. That's really all I have on that one.
Speaker 1: No, there's not a lot to say in that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thing circling back onto a conversation we had earlier. We were talking about drops.
Speaker 4: Uh and Mark Andrews. No, I thought you were going sabotage dropping.
Speaker 1: No. No, although, well we're entering sabotage drop season starting to come around here pretty soon. The league leader in drops is not Amari Cooper like we had speculated that it might be, and there was another guy that we were talking about to Don Tavian Wicks. Wicks is third, Cooper is second, your leader the NFL, and drops is Alan Lazard was six already.
Speaker 5: Oh that's hard to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's week six and your head it's we five games. You've got six drops?
Speaker 5: Not good?
Speaker 1: That is no, that is not That's not a very good sign for Alan Lazard. Whatsoever? Jordan Mason out if he's gonna miss any time? Do you have anything on Isaac Grendo? What was your feeling yet? The one long run but otherwise did to me did not look at nearly as good as Mason does when he's running hard.
Speaker 5: It was a good encapsulation of his game.
Speaker 6: He's a home run hitter, but it's sort of that boomer bust thing. He's looking for that straight crease down the field and that's where he can hit the jets. I've ran in the four threes even at his big size. But yeah, the subtlety is not there with this game. So the grinding out of the yards he's not as good at, which sort of in contrast to Wisconsin running backs, which might have been one of the reasons why he transferred from there at the end to Louisville for his last season.
Speaker 1: So many amazing tools at fantasylife dot com. I keep all these Fantasy Life tabs open, especially the Utilization tool, which I love and you see U's reference here on the show. A ton get a ton of stories, both free and premium, more and better Guillotine League content than any place else. Airyard snap counts, routes, run player projection starts, at tools, trade analyzers, all of that and more. FFW twenty is the promo code for twenty percent off. Welcome back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Our number two. Paul Charchi and Scott Fish and Thor Nystrom with you. You can follow us on Twitter. I'm at Paul Charchian, Scottfish is at Scottfish twenty.
Speaker 4: Four rocktoc and.
Speaker 1: Thor is at thor Ku Rockchock. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 3: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: The Drake May era begins on Sunday. I don't think we're gonna be starting him a lot this year, but as we look to future seasons for Dynasty leagues. Right now, is Drake May a top fifteen quarterback assets in dynasty leagues, we begin with Scottfish.
Speaker 4: So I went to some sites and some friends I respect on their dynasty analysis and at I looked at the startup ADP data, the real trade value data, stuff like that. It's got him pretty much at QB eighteen most places between seventeen and twenty. Most of the rankers I enjoyed. I looked above and below, and I'm like, Okay, there's a couple of guys above that I think are probably could fall back. I think JJ McCarthy could hop over him. But then you also get rookies coming in next year, so if you add that in, I feel like he's just going to be outside that top fifteen.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So no from Scott, Yeah, all right? Thor how about for you? The Drake May era begins on Sunday. Is he a top fifteen quarterback asset in dynasty leagues?
Speaker 5: That's a noe for me. People bring up with him.
Speaker 6: I hear this a lot of like, oh, Drake May, you know he ran for over twelve hundred yards sixteen touchdowns at North Carolina. People don't bring up as much that Sam Howell rouge for eight hundred and fifty yards and eleven touchdowns his last season at North Carolina, and Matt Correll rushed for over eleven hundred yards his last two years at All Miss. Why does that matter? The one thing in common with Phil Longo system is what facilitated that for all three quarterbacks I mentioned. So beyond that, so his rushing output is not going to be there in the NFL. He's going to have to get to that top fifteen through the air. And there's ways to get that guy to glitch I mentioned before under pressure not very good. I brought those numbers up before, and then he had the lowest completion percentage by far last season of the draft class in guys that were blitz.
Speaker 5: He has a lot of talent.
Speaker 6: Of course, he has a howitzer for an arm, but some of those things that lead to fantasy value I'm not sure of. And they need to get a better supporting cast around DVENA have a chance.
Speaker 1: I think there's clearly thirteen quarterbacks that are undoubtedly ahead of Drake May in my mind, and I've got Drake May in the Dynasty League. By the way, Mahomes, Alan Jackson, Hurt Stroud Richards, and Burrow Love Murray, Daniels, Prescott, Williams Purty. All of them to me are ahead. So that leaves us two spots fourteen and fifteen to get Drake May in. So who's on the bubble Trevor Lawrence. I don't know, man, this thing does not look good right now. And I think if I were offered Trevor Lawrence from my Drake May, my answer would be no. I think I'd rather roll the dice on Drake May's upside, long term upside. Tua can't do it. I don't even know if I thought that could. So he's out.
Speaker 4: Jared goff Yep, here's one too.
Speaker 1: There's the age, right, I mean you know there's an eight year different I'm guessing roughly eight year difference between those guys. I can't do that either. JJ McCarthy. This is really hard. I got one preseason game, but I'm taking JA. So yes, I do have Jj ahead of him. That leaves one spot left and the Patriots right now are on pace for the first pick in the draft.
Speaker 4: Well that's Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: I texted Thor today, Travis Hunter. Yeah, you said no, Maybe it's Arizona.
Speaker 5: McMillan.
Speaker 1: Say it again.
Speaker 5: Tara Dactyl, Tedoa McMillan six five. Yeah, he's not, he's not.
Speaker 6: He's not like Mike Evans in terms of the bill beyond that, but crazy catch radius and catches everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's help coming in the draft potentially, and maybe even at the very.
Speaker 4: They'll be at the top of every round. It's like the top of every half.
Speaker 1: They'll be top the second round. So you know, I want to believe next year May is going to have viable targets. The offensive line will have four guys on injured reserve, and it's just things are going to get better. So I've got May at number fifteen plus plus.
Speaker 4: In Dynasty, they love youth, they love a guy. They may be able to run a little. It doesn't sound like Thor thinks he will, but they love the gunslinger too, So I can see that.
Speaker 3: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: Who's going to score more points going forward?
Speaker 5: Is it.
Speaker 1: Tank, Bigsby or Travis Eta. For this one, we begin with Thor.
Speaker 5: This is a tough one. It is over the last two weeks.
Speaker 6: You know, obviously Tank, He's rushed for two hundred seventy three yards on thirty four carries, two touchdowns, And what I think should just happen going forward is that Tank is the early down back et and gets all the pass game work.
Speaker 5: That's how this should go. But the Jaguars.
Speaker 6: Continue to reiterate that Etn is the guy when he is fully healthy, when he shakes that shoulder injury. I'm going to say Etn, even though I think it should be closer.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott, i'ming forward, who's going to score more fantasy points? Tank Bigsby or Drivis Etn?
Speaker 4: I'm basically in lockstep with Thori. I illustrated this a few weeks ago that and this has been true for the most part since is they literally trade off series. It's literally big SB, so dont then it's big B. It's basically a trade off. But then you go to the passing game where Etn has twenty two targets, Tank Bigsby has one. Well, yeah, but it was a twenty eight yard catch. I meant that you got that going for you. I feel like the way the team's talking, I feel like they just continue to split and with the pass game work, a target is worth one point six times what a carry is for fantasy value. I think it's probably just going to be easy once he gets past this.
Speaker 1: Tank Bigsby is the most exciting runner in the NFL. Wow, he's striding defenders, he's breaking tackles, he's powering through piles.
Speaker 4: Are these numbers sustainable? Though?
Speaker 1: Like the metrics, he's running away from defenders. When I'm watching Tank Bigsby, I get so excited I start involuntarily lactating, and those protein stains are hard to get out. Let me tell you here's where Tank Bigsby ranks in the NFL among players with his thirty four carries. I'm talking to you. Thory yards per carry, tank Bigsby number one. Avoided tackle rate tank Bigsby number one, Yes, fifty three percent yards after contact, tank Bigsby number one, Wow, six and a half yards after content. And over the past two weeks, Bigsby three carries from inside the five none for Travis etn Now here's where it gets interesting.
Speaker 4: Could I say one thing here?
Speaker 1: Yes, you can.
Speaker 4: I love that you listed those three stats because it's the same thing you could have said about JK. Dobbins after week one.
Speaker 1: Well that was a one game sample, a five game samples.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, now.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think it gets interesting. The passing game is definitely the receiving part is definitely going to go towards Etna. But there's this where a lot of coaches will hesitate to make a change at running back. Is pass protection?
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Travis Etn right now is the second worst pass protector by Pro Football Focus, second worst. He is a liability in pass protection.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Last year, Tank had an early role in the offense, but he had fumbled a couple of times and then that was it.
Speaker 5: Tank.
Speaker 1: No fumbles this year. That's important. Losing teams and losing coaches make moves more quickly. This is a move that can come. It's a move that needs to happen.
Speaker 4: So it's your answer.
Speaker 3: Let's go on tough question number three.
Speaker 1: Is Tucker Craft a reliable every week starter?
Speaker 5: Scott?
Speaker 4: So, if you ask me if Tucker Craft is a reliable every week starter, I'll tell you not even Laporta or Bauers or Kelsey anyone is no tight end is that's ridiculous. But if you ask me on a deeper level, I'll tell you that given tight ends this year and in a good offense that gets into the red zone four to five times, per game, scoring on half of them, and with wide receivers that are constantly dropping balls and one or two of them is injured every single week. Love is going to start to trust Tyler Craft. I think he's pretty reliable. Honestly. It's I just like watching him play. He's so athletic out there. He kind of looks like a spry little jack rabbit.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got yeah, you go all right, Thoris Tucker Craft are reliable every week start.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 6: And I feel so vindicated about Tucker Craft because after they took Craft. Yeah, after Musgrave, I said that this was a situation like Hayden Hurston and Mark Anders. I like Craft more and not a surprise to me that he's the one that's taken off.
Speaker 5: He's on pace right now.
Speaker 6: Kraft for fifty four catches, thank you, seven hundred and thirty four yards and eleven touchdowns. And that's despite only seeing two to three targets in the games where Malik will started. Obviously, those numbers were brought up by his performance last week, but you can't say that as a context point without mentioning he wasn't getting many targets with Malik willis I think going forward, Yeah, he is startable.
Speaker 1: I certainly want to say absolutely, because Lord knows we need it every week starting tight end in this league, and I think that's gonna happen. Luke Musgrave expected to go on IR by the time you hear this might even be on IR, and that could be four weeks where Tucker Kraft just salts away any any I guess chance that Luke Musgrave would eat into this work the last two weeks ten receptions, one hundred and forty yards and three scores, and he did. Tucker Craft in't do much until then, and he's tight in three because it's that bad right now. But here's the one note of caution. And apparently I'm gonna be this show's official wet blanket on this. Over the past two weeks when Tucker Craft has been great, Christian Watson has missed almost all the two games, and Romeo Dobbs got suspended, and apparently Bow Milton is in fact Bow Milton. So I worry when all the parts are back in this passing offense that now Tucker Craft's one of five guys to throw the ball to and we're gonna have a lot of variance, and so I worry about that, but the correct answer is yes, let's go back to our matchups. We got one more to fit in here, Thor Pittsburgh taking on to Las Vegas. There's a lot of concern that there could be change coming at the quarterback position with Justin Fields. Do you like him here? Do you think he's going to hold the job?
Speaker 6: I do like him, and fortunately that's yes. Russell Wilson now is lingering, appears to be healthy, but Justin Fields remains the start, as Mike Tomlin recently said, at least for this game and a tremendous match up here, which is why I'm giving him an A. Despite the struggles against Dallas last week, Fields only has one week finishing lower than quarterback sixteen and like I said, very good matchup here. Raiders thirty first in the league in pressure rate and just lost Christian Wilkins. Raiders have allowed top ten quarterbacks scoring weeks in three of the last four. Let's make it four a five Naja Harris, I'm gonna give him a. Ce Cordero Patterson is out, but report surprisingly swung positive on Jaln Warren late in the week that he's going to play in this game, Harris continued nause continues to disappoint despite the sixteen plus touches he was getting in every single game, in part because Cordero and Jalen Warren were.
Speaker 5: Out in five games.
Speaker 6: Harris is yet to exceed eighty six total yards in any of those and has not yet scored. So that's why he's been so disappointing. If there was a week for him to break out, it would be this one, because all four running backs with sixteen plus touches against the Raiders this year have all posted fifteen and a half PPR points or more. I don't trust Naj though, so I got to drop the sea, especially with Warren coming back and not knowing how how much Warren is going to play. I would keep him on the bench for this game, but the same things would apply about the matchups, you know with him. Situationally, George Pickens is gonna give him a B. Pickens has two top twenty four Fantasy performances this year, four wide receivers, but he's only wide receiver fifty and Fantasy points per game, and then the routes fell off last week down to sixty one percent.
Speaker 5: It is tough to know.
Speaker 6: Always it's tough to know if Arthur Smith will go back to using him correctly he gets on the Arthur Smith carousel.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: This also is not a great matchup for George Pickens. The Raiders allow the seventh lowest PPR points per target and of course if this game gets away from them that the Steelers tried running more in the second half. Pap Ryermuth, I'm gonna give him an a tight end nine and fantasy points per game. Really good matchup here against a tight end funnel defense. Raiders are in the top ten points fantasy points per game allowed to tight ends, despite being in the bottom ten of targets faced against opposing tight ends. Moving over to the Raiders, Aidan O'Connell, who's coming in for Gardner Vidshi definitely no for him zero fantasy, does not run and has only gone over one touchdown passing three career games, despite I think this is going to be his twelfth or thirteenth career start.
Speaker 5: This is a nasty matchup.
Speaker 6: Two Steelers have not allowed a QB one fantasy scoring week this season, not even once. Alexander Madison going to give him a see Zamir White has missed practice late in the week here again after missing last week. He's likely out again with the groin. But this is a bad matchup for Madison. The Steelers defense has allowed three point seven yards per carry this season, third lowest in the NFL. Jacoby Myers keep him on the bench. He's questionable with an ankle injury. But if he plays with you know he would be the wide receiver one. Of course, with Davante Adams out again, but this is a brutal matchup. You have the bad quarterback play and then he'll be shadowed by Joey Porter Junior, who is shutting people down this year. No thank you, Trey Tucker. I am going to give him a seed with a little surprise. With Adams out and with Myers blanket by Joey Porter Junior, Tucker I think gets some extra looks. You do have to keep to expectations in check. Dante Jackson has been pretty good in his own right fifty four percent catch right, thirty seven point five pass A rating against pretty take good. So it's not the easiest matchup. At least you don't have to go against Joey Porter and Tucker has twenty nine point five receiving yards per game and about one year per role run. Still, he only needs one home run to return value. And I think that there's a shot here on a Steelers defense, you can occasionally get the ball deep on them. And then brock Barr's last one a obvious must start.
Speaker 1: He's turned into about his reliables and he's so good.
Speaker 6: And he's quarterback proof and he's offensive coordinator proof too. You just funneled him the ball five six yards down on the field and watch him break tackles.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Sunday morning game, we got another London game, another early start. It's going to be Jacksonville and Chicago. When we come back, we'll tell you which of the Jacksonville passing game you don't even know? I like Tank Bixby, is Traves etn startable?
Speaker 5: Find out.
Speaker 1: Also, Chicago's pass defense is good good. Are there any players in the passing game for Jacksonville you dare start? We'll talk about that when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Jacksonville takes on Chicago. Because of the hurricane, the Jaguars left Florida late. Some people are noting that they're still going to be in like jet lag mode when they come back. Some people factoring that in. But I don't love a lot of Jaguars here anyway. I already talked extensively about Tank Bigsby's got a B grade for me in this one. Travis d TN remained startable. The utilization flipped to Bigsby last week, who led the team in snaps and rushing attempts. But Eten did have a shoulder injury and that could have been contributing factor to that. But Etn will out with some PPR points. Bigsby non factor in the passing game, as Scott mentioned earlier, and the Bears have allowed the ninth most receptions to running back, so we're going to continue to start Travis Etn. Let's go to the passing game. Brian Thomas is awesome. I love this guy. He's quietly been fantastic. He's outscored by fantasy points Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 4: Every's talking about Marvin Harrison preseason sleeper.
Speaker 1: Nobody talking about Brian Thomas.
Speaker 4: That's my preseason sleeper.
Speaker 1: But except for Scott Fish, who's absolutely talked about Brian Thomas. Brutal matchup against Bears superstar cornerback Jalen Johnson. When the opposing team has got an obvious number one, Jalen Johnson goes into shadow mode and it's just game over. DeMarcus Robinson thirty seven yards, Michael Pittman thirty six yards, Calvin Ridley had won deep catch fifty yards and the catch was not on Jalen Johnson, by the way, and last week Deontay Johnson twenty three yards. That's it. On average, Jalen Johnson gives up two catches for twenty one yards. It is only because I love Brian Thomas him even giving him a c here, but he probably should be on your bench. You've got another option. Christian Kirk has been an all or nothing fantasy producer, and I think this is going to be a nothing week. So he will not see Jalen Johnson because he runs from the slot. He will see Kyler Gordon. Gordon also is really good. Not at the level of Johnson, but he's very good. Gordon hasn't allowed to score or more than thirty six yards in any game in his coverage all year. So Christian Kirk, I'm I'm you know, I'm putting him on the bench. I had to see you great. I'm putting him on the bench. I don't want you to start him here, and he has dud games and this feels like a dud game, and all the other Jaguars are on the bench as well. Chicago's allowed the fewest fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks and their sixth and passing yards allowed Evan Ingram. That includes Evan Ingram. I want to see him fully healthy. He's got the hamstring. He's questionable all week, just like it was last week when he did not play. Let's see if he's where he's at and is he getting a full snap count. And the Bears are trif against Titans anyway, so let's not even go there. On the Chicago side, I got some players. I like DeAndre Swift fantastic over the past two games would be basically three games in we all just like this guy's awful, it's never gonna work. Then Chicago's pass blow our run blocking shows up, and he looks way better. One hundred and eighty degree turn for DeAndre Swift these past two games. Jaguars run defense much better than their pass defense. They're giving up just three point eight yards per gary. I like the passing game more, but swift remains absolutely startable. With a B grade in this one, Caleb Williams was might take a chance at me. Quarterback DJ Moore comes in with an A grade. Jaguars have allowed the third most fantasy points to opposing receivers, the second most yards, and predictably, just like Caleb Williams, Moore's rebounded from a slow start with three strong fantasy games. Just like Caleb Williams, He's a huge part of the Chicago offense. Dj Moore averaging eight targets per game against this bad defense. Love him here, Roma Dunes. I think this is looking like a good game. Guys who have speed and the ability to get downfield are roasting the Jaguars. Tyreek Hill, Nico Collins, Alec Pierce, all with over one hundred and thirty yards and a score, and who leads the Bears in a hot deep passing Roma Dunza by huge margin fifteen yards per target for Roma Dunza. Those are the types of guys that are roasting the Jaguars. I've got a C grade on Roma Dunza here, C grade on Cole Kamet getting nearly all the tight end work but other than a random three explosion, he's only giving you three catches per game. Still, the Jaguars, a lot of Jaguars are not good against tight ends. They've allowed tight end scores in two of the past three games. So given the tight end hellscape that we're all living in, c Grade for Cole Kmet and then lastly Keenan Allen, i'vevacillated on this one. Jaguars only giving up thirty two percent of their Fantasy points to receivers to the slot. That is the sixth lowest rate, and that's where Allen does. Almost all of his work is from the slot, and even though he's been running plenty of routes, he's a total afterthought in this offense. He has a top twenty nine yards in any game. Jackson has been rotating a bunch of different guys in its slot, originally Jerry and Jones, now safety Darnell Savage. They're not very good. But I just can't start Alan until I see more productivity.
Speaker 5: Scott.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a game that you've already alluded to several times, Detroit taking out Dallas. It's a point orgy here potentially coming. I love the Detroit side of this and and I think it's gonna be a slam dunk wins.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be awesome. But before that, to the listeners, if you want to hear more about Take Bigsby, you can listen to Paul Charchiad's podcast Doctor Bigski, Doctor Bigsby or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Take.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm in on that once he darted enough baby, Absolutely, I'm bored.
Speaker 4: On board with that podcast. All right. I already talked about Jared Goff, who is my take a chance on me quarterback, and what I feel like is going to be the shootout of the week fifty two point five over under. So I like a lot of his receivers. I'm on rya state brow. It's getting the are A grade. Week one was of an anomaly. He's been the clear wide receiver one in that team since in target share, getting thirty three targets over the last three games. No one else has even half of that in that span. Yeah, so A grade there. I have a B grade on Laporta, only thirteen targets on the year, but at least he caught twelve of them. And he's been able to turn that ten percent target share into something with high yak yards after the catch and high yards after contact. I'm not giving up on Laporta. People forget I heard this on a podcast this week, and I'm gonna I'm gonna spout it too. He was injured with a hamstring injury in preseason, and he started slow in the last couple weeks. He started to come on a little bit right so on the.
Speaker 1: Bye week, so the hamstring should be fuller.
Speaker 4: Healed now exactly exactly, So that flipped between Jamison and Laporta with target share and catches and whatnot, might flip back. I still do have a B grade on Jamison Williams, though he leads the NFL in yards after the catch per reception sixty percent of the team's end zone targets. In fact, know why receiver or a tight end on the lines has more than one end zone target except Williams. Wow that Yeah, he's got four. And every there's a bunch of ones, just a bunch of ones, and he's got four. So B grade on him. Plus it only takes one of one d pass and he's gonna he's got a chance to hit and this is likely issued out B grade on David Montgomery, A grade on Jamar Gibbs. Gibbs has been slightly more productive and efficient, despite no catches in the last two weeks and two less touches per game. How is that pass?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: In fact, he caught a touchdown pass on a non target. How it was a lateral? It was a lateral? Yep, yep. Cowboys allowing the ninth most total yards and third most scores to backs. They've allowed seven scores in the five games, and it's a good spot for both of them. David Montgomery has scored in every single game this year, seventy plus yards in every game, has more catches, as we kind of just mentioned in the last three weeks than Gibbs. He's averaging eighteen touches sixteen. You're gonna get B grades without C or b's with that kind of volume. But in this offense, b's and a's, so a's for A for Gibbs. B from Montgomery over to the Dallas side, I still do have a B grade on Dak Prescott. I know you think it's gonna be just destruction over there.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna pass a lot. I think the Lions are gonna get way up, and I see tons of passing coming from Dak.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, they haven't allowed multiple passing scores in a game, but both qbs with twenty five plus passttemps had three hundred plus yards and Dak is second in the lead to get in past attempts. He's and he's gonna throw a lot in this one.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, he's second in pass stems, completions and passing yards per game, and their dismal run game just is gonna make them pass. Speaking of the run game, I have that on the badge Dowdle's the lead back, but the Lions allow the fewest fewest total yards to running backs at just eighty nine per game, and their tops in the league against backs in the pass game. So there's just there's gonna be nothing there for Dowdell, so they'll pass. Jalen Tolbert was my take a chance on Me player. I mentioned how the Lions are bottom ten fourth most receptions to wide receivers, six most yards. They also allow. They also are the worst team against the slot where ced Lamb plays. So I have an A grade on CD lamb. Jake Ferguson is the last one I'll briefly touch on. I have a B grade there over the last three weeks six for ninety five, seven for forty nine, and six for seventy and gets basically all the Dallas tight end touches. It's not the greatest matchup, but in a shootout where he's going to be passing all game, I think he's gonna get enough volume to get a B.
Speaker 1: I think you're right about that. The one league, I mean a lot of leagues. The one league I had Zeke in I drop him. I think he's absolutely droppable.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't even mention him.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna exactly.
Speaker 4: I didn't write a note.
Speaker 1: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 4: Is Yeah? Don't even have to worry, not even on my list.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. Rico's getting way more work, and Zeque looks cooked totally.
Speaker 5: He looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, what Dowdle did last week, it took him twenty two touches to do against it easy.
Speaker 1: Now they're going to be playing from behind. He won't get nearly the volume. No, No, I don't think either. When we come back Atlanta taking on Carolina Thorpe will break this down. Last time we saw Kirk Cousins five hundred yards and now he gets the Panthers. What can you expect from Kirk in this passing game? When we come back, Welcome back, final segment Fantasy Football Weekly, And as always in this segment, we jump in the f W time machine. We find some players that you can go get now that we think your league mates, your competitors are going to be trying to get next week, but they're already on your team. Hah thorn Iram. Let's start with you. Who is your premiature speculation play.
Speaker 6: Premature speculation player is a guy that I brought up plenty over the summer, and now I think it's wheels uptime. Maybe the last time you get an opportunity to pick him up. Is Luke McCaffrey of the Commanders, not done banging the table for him. Only ten receptions for ninety eight yards this season through five games, but the underlying metrics screen breakout here. On a passing offense, it's going to get better and better and better. McCaffrey's converted ten of eleven receiving targets into catches, one for one on contested targets. Half his catches have gone for first downs. He's playing ninety three over ninety three percent of the snaps. And here here's where the metrics come in. McCaffrey is number one in the entire NFL in separation percentage.
Speaker 5: What number one? And by the way, it's not even close.
Speaker 6: Only wider receiver in the NFL with a separation percentage above seventy nine percent, McCaffrey's over eighty one percent. Wow. Yeah, it's not even close. He's also tied for number five in the NFL and EPA per target. The coaches keep gushing about this kid. We just need Jade and Daniels to start targeting him. Once it happens, it is total wheels up for Luke McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: All right. I was skeptical, but I only watched brief. I watched heading into the draft. I watched one game of rice football and just Luke McCaffrey, that's it. And I was like, and.
Speaker 5: He's he's taking of me.
Speaker 6: This is only the thirty year he's played wide receiver, too, which might be one of the reasons they're they're working him in slow. Although he's on the field every snap.
Speaker 4: And the nice part is Thor has to put another dollar in the mentioned Luke mccaffrein bucket. That's going to be a nice pizza party at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: I'll drop that on the way up, Scott, your premature speculation player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going with joln Poke good rapport with me in the preseason and connected in the final preseason game. As Thorne mentioned, I had the same exact notes as him. Somehow he hacked my stuff. He's led the team and targets the last two weeks. Leads the team in red zone targets. Snap percentage has ticked up every single week. His targets has increased the last two weeks. If he develops a rapport with May and they're behind a lot passing a lot, that that could be quite a spark there. Also, maybe my prespect is just Ashton Genty. Let's just go get him.
Speaker 5: Let's let's just get him into the NFL. Right, yeah, yeah, we'll see if the NFL can tackle that guy's.
Speaker 4: Oh here's the sneaky one, Rodric Estamy coming off.
Speaker 5: I ar another guy that's hard to tackle, not quite as hard as Dant.
Speaker 1: No one is what Yeah, my premature speculation. Houston receiver Xavier Hutchinson. Yeah, I was stayed in the house house and before that, here we go. Can you name where he came from before Iowa State?
Speaker 6: Yeah, community college in Kansas, right.
Speaker 1: Blind college in Texas and Texas. If you're blind college, your mascot has to be a blimp.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How many times are we gonna mention blimps on this show?
Speaker 1: Well, this is why we're talking about Xavier Hutchinson. Now what we know is last week when Deacal Collins bowed out early, Hutchinson got twenty eight routes. The next closest receiver, Robert Wood, had eight. And now Woods is hurt. Hutchinson is going to play and start this game. I am interested to see what this kid does now. What he did at Iowa State thor as you know, he was the FBS leader and catches per game two years ago, and he set the Big Twelve record for the most receptions by a three year player. Hyper productive at Iowa State.
Speaker 5: He's really good after the catch.
Speaker 1: He is, he's physical, he's quick footed.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna be Nico Collins? Obviously not, but he's going to walk into some of the eleven receptions or targets per game that Collins had and if he's like five, or if he gets four or five out of those, Xavier Hutchinson might be a guy we're talking about as a take a chance on me player in FUTUREO. Yep, until Nico Collins comes back. All right, let's get back to the matchups. Atlanta takes on Carolina thor as I mentioned last segment, obviously Kirk Cousins coming off the Monster Game career game five hundred yards and four touchdowns, and now he's got the Panthers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of the leagues' worres defense is obviously Panthers number third one in passing points allowed per attempt in fantasy, at number twenty nine in Fantasy points per game allowed to opposing quarterbacks games. Game script could flip towards the run here, though. Caroline only faces about a tick under twenty nine pass passing attempts per game, which is eighth fewest in the NFL, because opposing teams just run against them in the second half. That's why I drop Kirko down to a B in this matchup, despite being the bad defense, and perhaps scandalously. I'm gonna give Bijon an a here, despite only being RB twenty four in Fantasy points per game, and even though Arthur we talked about Arthur Smith before, the usage is getting weird with bj Anyways, we can't blame this on Arthur Smith.
Speaker 1: Arthur Smith's getting vindicated on a lot of things this year, and this is one of them. In part because Tyler Elgiers good.
Speaker 6: Yes he is, he for sure is. But yeah, and he's he's startable for me too. We'll get to him in a second, but yeah, Bijon last two games sixty four and sixty seven percent of the snaps averaging thirteen touches seventy five and a half total yards per game in those games has basically been splitting snaps on a pass first team to this point. But this is the get right game for him. Panthers run defense is bottom five and almost every metric that you can see, and again in the second half, I expect this to just be run, run, run, run, run, which is one of the reasons why we're gonna start Tyler Lger. I'm gonna give him a CEE RB fifty two and Fantasy points per game averaging about eight touches per game and about forty five total yards per game, but should be plenty of running back touches to go around against the stinky Panthers run defense and overall defense. Caroline has allowed the six to moreth most rushing yards per game in the NFL so far, and Carolina's defense has allowed three touchdowns in the last two weeks. The Bears and the Bengals running backs Drake May a obvious.
Speaker 5: Top ten not Drake May. Drake Drake London man.
Speaker 6: Drake May is on the brain, He's been on the brain, but London top ten fantasy receiver.
Speaker 5: Another big game coming here.
Speaker 6: The Panthers secondary has allowed the most PPR points per targets to perimeter wide receivers. However, I'm gonna Darnal Mooney down to a sea. He's yeah, he's wide receiver twenty fantasy points per game at the nine catch for one hundred and five yards and two touchdowns last week and the game where Kirko went ballistic, But this is not as good of a matchup for him on paper. Carolina runs the second highest single high rate in the entire NFL, and we've talked about this in previous episodes. For whatever reason, Mooney's usage drops against the single high. Only zero point nine three yards per role run against single high for Darnell Mooney. So we're gonna give him a See, I'm gonna give Kyle and you never know what to give Kyle Pitts a grade. I'm gonna give him a bee. It's gonna be wrong, but I'm gonna give him a be. He had the seven catches for eighty eight yards last week and his breakout that up Kyle Pitts the tight end eleven and fantasy points per game in this wasteland of a tight end environment that we've been in fantasy.
Speaker 5: You just shoot right to the top.
Speaker 6: Pits his second on the team in red zone targets with three and another good game coming here. Potentially, the Panthers have allowed the tenth most receiving yards and fifth most fantasy point per game two opposing tight ends. Flipping over to the Carolina side, Andy Dalton struggle with this one. I'm gonna give him a seed though, gonna give him a tentative.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 6: He had the poor performance last week, but that was against that nasty Bears pass defense. The charge brought up before. The Bears are allowing the least fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks. This is a much better matchup here. Mediocre Falcons pass defense ranks number twenty two DVA Ken the Panthers offensive line hold up. Dalton was pressured on forty seven percent of his dropbacks last Sunday. Austin Corbett was lost for the season. Taylor Molton is questionable for this week. That's the only slight question here, But the Falcons don't have the best pass rush. I gave Dalton see chewba Hubbard. I'm gonna give him a b RB twelve and fantasy points per game, but most of that has been since Andy Dalton became the starting quarterback. Hubbard has finished as a top seven fantasy running back each of the past three weeks, with averages of twenty two touches, one hundred and twenty eight total yards per game in that stretch.
Speaker 5: Good matchup here.
Speaker 6: The Falcons have allowed the third highest rushing success rate in the NFL so far. Deontay Johnson gonna give him an a struggle last week while being shot shadowed by the aforementioned Jalen Johnson, and I mentioned that you know Andy Dalton and that sort of stuff, But since Dalton has become the starting quarterback. Outside of that that one off game, who everyone has a bad game against the Bears pass defense, Johnson his game is is way ticked up for fantasy owners. He's He's scored the ninth most fantasy points among receivers since that time, even with that stinker game included. Panthers have a good matchup the passing game for the Panthers do against a bad Falcons pass defense. Falcons have allowed every wide receiver one that they have faced to score at least thirteen and a half PPR fantasy points this year.
Speaker 5: So Deontay Johnson for me, isn't.
Speaker 4: More of the five score touchdowns too?
Speaker 5: There you go? Yeah, just going ballistic against him. Last one.
Speaker 6: Xavier Leget, I'm gonna give him a se looks to be a full goal after the shoulder injury he suffered last week.
Speaker 5: That that's what they've been talking about. Should be playing here.
Speaker 6: Atlanta has allowed the a ties PPR points to perimeter wide receivers, and Lagett could take advantage of a matchup against a J.
Speaker 5: Terrell here.
Speaker 6: AJ Terrell's allowed seventy nine percent of his targets to be converted in IT catches and near one hundred percent passer rating allowed on targets this year.
Speaker 1: Go get Xavier lyg At now. I feel like we're gonna buy low moment for Xavier again.
Speaker 5: And he could pop off here, for sure he could.
Speaker 1: That guy's the upside. And by the way, Cuba Hubbard man, he looks like a different back this year. He's running so much harder. Jonathan Brooks is going to take his time coming back because they are getting productivity out of chewbah.
Speaker 5: And why would you rush Brooks back off that injury?
Speaker 1: For sure, no no reason to. Cincinnati takes on the Giants on Sunday Night. Let's start with Joe Burrow. The Giants pass rush has sparked life over the last three weeks. The Giants have notched a ten sack game and a nine sack game, which is insane. They got a nasty front the Giants and Cincinnati ranks twenty Yeah, Thibodeau may not play in this one.
Speaker 4: I don't think you will.
Speaker 1: And Cincinnati ranks twenty seventh in pass blocking by Pro Football Focus. So I have a little bit of worried that the Giants are just going to wreck the line of scrimmage on Joe Burrow here, which is why I'm giving him a sea excuse me, a B grade in a game where I think many people would have expected an A. Over the past two weeks, the Giants pass defense has held Geno Smith and Dak Prescott to very modest games, and they're good passers. So I've just got the B on Joe Burrow. Jamar Chase those stays as an eight. You know, he's awesome, and the Giants pass defense has been better than I think we all expected. But the opposing top receivers are still dominating, like Justin Jefferson and Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb all big games. Jamar Chase obvious A. T. Higgins drops to a C. I mentioned number one receivers are having big games, and actually slot receivers have done okay, number twos really haven't. Higgins should see some of cornerback Deontay Banks. That would be a very big positive. He's given up four touchdowns already tied from the NFL's worst. You can still start te Higgins here. I just again worry about the pass rush ultimately getting to Burrow and not getting the numbers we would love to have. And for the tight ends, we're gonna stay on the Eric all watch. But for right now, Mike Kaseki's still leading the tight end group in snaps, but it's a four way mess. We don't want any part of that. Zach Moss and Chase Brown both come in with C grades. They're both gonna play, they're dealing with injuries. The Giants run defense was bad in the first two games, but they've gotten a lot better since then. Over the last three New York allowing the fifth fewest Fantasy points to runners, the fewest carries to runners, and just three point seven yards per carry. Last week, the Seahawks only gave Kenneth Walker five carries before they just gave up on the running game entirely against New York. It's turned into an almost dead time share even timeshare between Zack Moss and Chase Brown, and both guys have been used equally at the stripe, So you don't know what's gonna happen inside the five either. But I've got a C grade on both guys. Ideally, you don't have to start either one here, but I can understand that you probably don't have that luxury in a bye week, and we'll give a C grade to both. All right, we'll so flip over to the Giants for a minute. Here thors taking jansome player was Darius Slayton. I like him, here a lot of B grade for him, and I like Daniel owns a lot terrific opportunity against a massively slumping Cincinnati secondary. The only quarterback who hasn't thrown multiple touchdowns against the Bengals is the sense bench Jacoby Brissett. And what's more, the Bengals have allowed the second most quarterback rushing yards and Daniel Jones shockingly mobile for a guy coming off ACL surgery. He's averaging seven designed runs per game. He's going to help you on the ground in this one as well. B grade on Daniel Jones when Dale Robinson might catch I don't know, twenty eight catches for fourteen yards, because that's kind of what he's doing. He's fifth in targets among all wideouts and where he's killing fantasy managers though, as I just alluded to, is a dot his average distance of target. He's averaging just four and a half yards per target. That's it now, Robinson runs from the slot. He's going to face Mike Hilton. He remains one of the better slot cornerbacks. He has not allowed to score in two years, and he's giving up just sixty four percent of his passes into completions. Just to see grade on when del Robinson and only a C grade in PPR usage. Now, where this thing's going to be dicey. This is a Sunday night game, everybody. Devin's Singletary status is unknown as we're recording this. You'll want to be careful if you've got Singletary in your starting lineup. I hope you have Tyrone Tracy, so you can pivot to him. If you don't, be sure to put Singletary in your flex spot, so at least you could flip over to Darius Slayton as an example, as somebody who could pick up on Sunday night. This injury to Singletary probably creates a timeshare even if he does play, and groin injuries aggravate easily, so be careful here. Cincinnati's a pretty bad run defense. Every starting runner is top ninety yards or scored. If we get confident news about Singletary, I could move him up to a bee. But otherwise I've got a C grade on Singletary and Tyrone Tracy again if one of them gets If Singletary gets ruled out, then we could move Tracy up to a B grade as well. Final matchup Scott Fish is the Monday Nighter Buffalo taking on the New York Jets. This is a fantastic Jets pass defense in particular, and Josh Allen has given us some dud games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's why I could only muster to see there. Three of the last four has been under one hundred and eighty yards in both games against top pass defenses were duds. He's still jallat Jellan though he gets it done with his legs as well, and he can spread it around. But this is the number one pass defense versus Fantasy QB's second fewest yards allowed. They're just really good with red and sauce on the corners.
Speaker 1: There he is.
Speaker 4: This year. Maybe maybe a thing. Khalil Shakir did not practice on Friday ankle injury. If he misses yet another game. What we saw last week was the wide receivers for the Bills had four catches total, so I have all of them on the bench. You don't want Coleman or Hollins going against them. You don't want Samuel in the slot. Duncan Kid I had a bench grade on, But if Shakiro doesn't go again, maybe a C grade because he has a twenty percent target chair in three the last four might have to funnel through him. We might see a forty to fifty yard game. For the running game, James Cook did not practice on Friday, also tow foot injury. If he does not go, it's gonna be Ray Davis and Ty Johnson. Ty Johnson actually ran more routes than Cook did last week, but he gets stuffed for zero or negative yards on sixty percent of his plays. Ray Davis sixty five percent of his plays. I think they're gonna split and it's just not gonna be enough work. I'd have them both on the bench. I'd have James Cook with a C maybe even a B if if he does go. The Jets have allowed some combos to get some yards, but I don't know that I trust this duo. Here over on the other side, Aaron Rodgers, I got a C grade on. He's got multiple scores in three the last four. This is the middle of the pack defense here and his averages are like two hundred and eighteen yards touchdown or two should be okay. Breestaw I think might be sitting on an a game and a new offensive coordinated new offensive coordinator. It's a good matchup second East most convoy yards allowed including six scores. That's why Braylen Allen was also might take a chance on me player. I have sea grades on Alan Lazard and Garrett Wilson as well. Wilson's just getting so many dang targets. I know he's not doing a ton with them, but just so many targets. And Alan Lazard double digit fantasy points in four of five games, eighteen targets in the last two. It's almost an even split between them with red zone targets. It's the fifth hardest matchup for wide receivers. But a couple of duos like Thomas and Kirk Collins and Diggs had good games, so seagrats for both of them. They might do better.
Speaker 1: They might do better. I don't trust Bazard as much as you do. The Buffalo quarterbacks are really really good. Hey, everybody, if you're not in a Guyoteene league, you can still join one for free if you want. Private leagues are free this year, and public leagues you can join a free public league if you want, or if you want to play for cash, you can do that too. Guillotine leagues are the funnest, freshest way to play fantasy football. Leagues are forming all the time. We encourage you to join one now, because life is better with a guillotine league in it. You know all the format were Every week, the low scoring team gets shop, other players go to the waiver wire, and a bidding frenzy happens for the rest of us while we build superstar rosters skeateen leagues dot com. We'll be back next week for more Fantasy Football Weekly. Thanks for listening, everybody, Good luck this week, Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.