Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 2: And I've vaccinated all my kids.
Speaker 4: I believe vaccines are one of the modern miracles. Beyond all Pale, The Speckled Monster is a great book about the introduction of the smallpox vaccine in seventeen twenty into our country. All miracles, But I'm not a one size fits all. It's not all or nothing. I chose to wait on my Hepatitis B vaccine and we did it when they went to schools. That made me an awful person? Does that make me an anti vaxxer? Because I questioned the government dictative whether I do it? And I'm not speaking for anybody else. I'm only speaking for myself. But for goodness sakes, let's have an honest debate about these things.
Speaker 5: Senator Ran Paula Kentucky, who's an ophthalmologist, he's actual medical professional, weighing in at the RFK Junior hearing yesterday, and you heard.
Speaker 6: The main point of his screed there at the end, and you'll hear it more. The idea that can we stop insisting we must all be of lockstep on some of these difficult questions. We have to have an atmosphere of honest debate, and he's absolutely right. Anything else to add or shall we plunge on Let's hit it.
Speaker 2: Biden's FAA exceeded.
Speaker 6: Its goal in Hello, Hello Michael, the co pay attention if you ask me my opinion.
Speaker 4: The reporters are uping down the hall and they say you still anti vaccine. No, I'm pro vaccine, but on the COVID vaccine and on the COVID illness there was a thousandfold or more difference between the elderly and children. If you don't acknowledge that you're committing malpractices, you're showing your ignorance. If you say a six month old must be mandated to get it.
Speaker 2: The science is not there.
Speaker 4: So all this blather about the science says this, and the science says.
Speaker 2: That, no, it doesn't. The science actually shows it.
Speaker 4: No healthy child in America died from COVID.
Speaker 2: Look it up. No healthy child died from COVID.
Speaker 5: An amazing stat given the fact that we had yellow caution tape around playground structures and little kids wearing masks. Good lord, we haven't even talked about that part of it, So that this was a school being closed and the parks being closed on all this sort of stuff. Poor little kids running around with masks on, can't see you know, the other kids' faces.
Speaker 3: Or whatever for no reason.
Speaker 6: Right even when that became clear because of Trump derangement syndrome, absolutely unforgivable.
Speaker 3: Rand Paul rolls on.
Speaker 4: So if you ask me my advice as a physician, if you were sixty five or older, or overweight and some other conditions, I would have said, hell, yes, I'd take the COVID vaccine. The risks of the disease were real and much greater than the vaccine. But if you ask me, should my healthy six month old get it? See, these are the nuances you're unwilling to talk about because there's such a belief in submission. Submit to the government to what you're told. There is no discussion. There ought to be a debate. You're not going to let him have the debate because you're just going to criticize and say it is this and admit to it, or we're not going to appoint you. But it's more complicated than that, and this is why people distrust government because you're unwilling to have these conversations.
Speaker 2: And I go home, ask your Democrat young.
Speaker 4: Mothers, your Republican young mothers, if they're vaccinating their kid for appetitis being They're.
Speaker 3: Like, well, do I have to do it? Do on day one?
Speaker 4: Is this precious little baby? Is there science to say you shouldn't do it? Probably not, But it's my kid.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, there isn't clear cut science saying not to.
Speaker 7: I need to start saying nuances instead of a nuance.
Speaker 6: Please don't, please don't do that. He pointed out earlier in his screen. I guess it was edited out that hepatitis B is generally spread through drug use of needle drugs, and sexuals.
Speaker 5: You're making an assumption that my six month old is not a smack addict having unprotected sex with randos.
Speaker 3: The idea that a.
Speaker 6: One day old kid needs that vaccine, then it's you know, if I'm wrong about this, I will manfully announce it and apologize. But I suspect very very strongly that the idea is we will get much higher compliance if we have the HEV vaccine part of the battery of things that you give the kid in the hospital while the kid is there. And you know, if we let people wait until it's actually necessary, we'll get lower compliance and more people will get sick and hurt and die and the rest of it. Again, maybe it's sort of kind of well meaning, but I think we're all sick of that sort of paternalism and dishonesty to get us to comply.
Speaker 3: Rolling along.
Speaker 4: But on autism, there's no good science of anything to show what causes autism.
Speaker 7: We don't know.
Speaker 4: It's a profound disease. I know many moms here and dads who have kids that autics. I know them personally, I've met their kids. But the thing is is they saw their kids developing completely normal, maybe speaking one hundred words, go to no words at about fifteen months of age. Now, there isn't proof.
Speaker 2: There isn't proof that the vaccines caused it. That's true. There isn't proof that it calls it. But we don't know what causes it yet.
Speaker 4: So shouldn't we be at least open minded We take seventy two vaccines.
Speaker 2: Could it be?
Speaker 4: I don't know, But we shouldn't just close the door and say we're no longer because we believe so much in submission, we're not going to have an open mind to study these things. And so it's sort of this crazy notion.
Speaker 6: I have found no compelling evidence that indeed autism is caused by inoculations vaccines. On the other hand, is ran Paul makes clear again that's yet another example of if we even have an honest debate and look at this and have some more studies and all in an open way, we will have lower compliance rates. It's all about compliance. And again with a few exceptions. Maybe I think complying with a lot of the vaccine policies is a really really good idea. But the days of being able to just shout to the sheeople what they have to do and they'll all line up and do it, even though you're presenting it dishonestly, I just there's so much information out there they can't get away with it anymore.
Speaker 7: Are there seventy two that your kid has to get to go to school?
Speaker 3: Now, I've seen that repeatedly. I don't know that that's true.
Speaker 7: If it's half that many, that's a lot total doses.
Speaker 5: Perhaps, yeah, And I'm including boosters, you know, I'm so cynical about government. It's just particularly pre COVID, we paid so little attention to this. Why would I believe that somebody somewhere doesn't think, hey, you know what, you get this on the mandated list, that's worth five billion dollars. How do we get that through whatever committee to get you know, add one more when there's already seventy one, thirty six or whatever shots adding one more that nobody's paying any attention to. You just take your kid to the doctor and then hey, you need this group of injections to go to first grade.
Speaker 7: And everybody just says, Okay.
Speaker 5: There's so much money involved. I find it hard to believe that there's zero malfeasan's going on. Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 6: Very very little profit in vaccines, but times a billion, yeah, maybe it becomes significant. The you know, the aspect of it that.
Speaker 3: I think is likely.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't have any proof this is happening, but the government and its mandates, particularly in the wake of COVID, I think deserve whatever is the opposite of the benefit of the doubt. If somebody came to me and showed me the secret memo that said, look, if we get ninety eight percent compliance with this vaccine. We will prevent ten thousand deaths a year. It's going to result in about a thousand kids getting being autistic, but as a net gain, it's it's a good So we're just gonna be quiet about the autism stuff. And I don't actually believe that's happening. But if you do, because of what you've observed from the government, I can't call you crazy.
Speaker 5: Right, there's no possible way they know what the long term effect of the combination of some of these vaccines are because they haven't aroblem long enough.
Speaker 3: Right. More of the Randyman.
Speaker 2: Schizophrenia, I would put in the same notion.
Speaker 4: You have a kid who's completely normal to eighteen or nineteen and their brain goes heywire. How does that happen? It's the most bizarre disease. Shouldn't we be open Could it be our food? It might be vaccines, it might be our food. But autism is more common. I don't know about the schizophrenia statistics, but autisms more common.
Speaker 2: Should we want to be open minded? Instead?
Speaker 4: We're so close minded and we're so consensus driven that the science says this, well, science doesn't say anything. Science is a dispute, and ten years from now we could.
Speaker 2: All be wrong.
Speaker 3: Roll on, Curly, roll on.
Speaker 4: Twenty years ago, they did this enormous study and they said everybody over fifty should take an aspirin.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, that's a pretty good idea. It makes sense.
Speaker 4: But you know what, twenty years later they measured it and they found if you had no heart disease and you were taking aspen, your chance of dying from a brain bleed or from a stomach bleed were greater than the risk of heart disease. You have heart disease, they still say take an aspirin if you don't have changed your mind twenty years later. But would you have all said I was crazy and I should no longer be in public discourse if I had said twenty years ago, I don't feel like taking an asper I ride my bike all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid it might hit my head. But that's what country's about, is what this sentence is about.
Speaker 7: That's a good example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it is one final clip.
Speaker 4: So just ask you to look at the larger picture and give the guy break who says I just want to follow the science where it leads without presupposition. I think Really, what we have up here is presupposition. You've already concluded it's absolute that ought isn't caused by We don't know what causes autism, so we should be more humble in what we say.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I didn't get to a.
Speaker 6: Question that doesn't make me say therefore, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. But you can't deny that we are openly having some of these conversations thanks to our FKA Junior and his advocacy. He's got some really troubling conflicts of interest, and he's half a con man if you ask me.
Speaker 3: But still dat.
Speaker 5: Knows how to turn lemons in the lemonade. You find a dead bear, what do you do? You just leave it there? You bury it?
Speaker 7: No, you come up with a hilarious.
Speaker 6: Prank, not to mention the underrated, bringing a whales head home, chain sawing it off the whale and then strapping it to the roof of your car as its juice is dripped down the window.
Speaker 3: Barbaric.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got on a topic earlier we need to fix when we come back. As we finished strong with the is flatulent speech. I vote no, I don't think it has First Amendment protections.
Speaker 6: It is unmistakably speech in this instance, and I believe that Thomas Jefferson would agree with me, certainly Ben Franklin, who was a big fan of flatulence.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show, The.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about buying the Apple Vision Pro VR headset for myself for my birthday. What sold me on what to maybe own it this time around is the update that Apple just did that I've been reading about. So you can take VR three D spatial photos now with your phone or you can take them with the VR, and then when you look at those photos, it's almost disturbing, as we all know that something goes on with a two D photo. I mean, it's nice to look at a picture of your kid's fifth birthday party and now they're, you know, college kids. It's cool to have that picture, but there's something that's lost with the two D news of it or something like that. The photos in the VR headset are as if you were sitting there and it screws with your head.
Speaker 7: Man, it really does.
Speaker 5: But I guess with the new technology, the latest technology, they do a pretty good job of that. With all your old photos from your phone, of turning it into three D and having the feeling of you're actually there. I don't even know if I can handle it emotionally to look at some of those photos to be back in the room when they're born, or their second birthday party, or the videos. Oh my god, I don't even know if I could handle it. I don't know if human beings can handle it. Can you handle being right back in that moment where it completely fools your brain like.
Speaker 7: You're there, Oh my god, my kids are two again.
Speaker 3: Just just thinking.
Speaker 5: About it gives me the gets me all excited. It is, just so I'm going to try that out and see what that's like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a really intriguing question though, because you know, something that left in my mind immediately was there were no photographs at all until fairly recently.
Speaker 3: And I mean a tenth of a blink of an eye.
Speaker 6: On the evolutionary scale, how far back do you have to go? Really, anything that happened anything more recent than two hundred years ago is obviously clearly indisputably something we're not designed for. It might be harmless, or it might be good. I mean, like antibiotics for instance, thumbs up on antiotics.
Speaker 7: Wow, you're not RFK Junior.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 6: The idea of pictures of your kids so you can permanently remember how they looked at a certain age is something that was unknown on Earth until very very recently.
Speaker 7: How about it? You can get can be there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know if we're built that way.
Speaker 5: I saw an example when I did the the demonstration at the Apple Store of a kid's birthday party recorded on that device, and it was like I was sitting at that birthday party. Yeah, and man, ah, your your wedding, your your people who people who have passed, Mom and dad you know, no longer alive, and here you are sitting at the dinner table talk. You can't talk to them, obviously, but it's it's as if for your brain that it's real.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: So I was reading about the reviews before I drop a fair amount of money on this thing and everything like that, and there was there was a link on there about the advances they've made in what do you guess? On the VR thing? And I had to click on that, and I almost wish I hadn't. Now I haven't seen what that would be like in a vision pro and I won't because I'm not gonna try that. I don't want it on my computer. I don't want to link to whatever site you get it. But I was looking at the videos and it and since I've had the experience of the sitting at the kids' birthday party or sitting by the lake and knowing how that was looking at the VR video even in two D and thinking, oh my god, if that was in full three D, like I'm in the room, how would any man ever leave their house? I mean, seriously, it's going to be.
Speaker 6: Taken break on Sunday afternoons to watch football.
Speaker 5: We already have a problem with internet porn. Yes, I'm asking, is the human brain ready to, you know, relive your kids to year old birthday party? Is the human brain ready to be completely fooled, completely.
Speaker 6: Fooled by a sexual interaction. No, no, is the answer to your question.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: It will decimate humankind or whatever part of it has that.
Speaker 8: Oh god, yeah, we we have of invented pleasures we are not meant to have as human beings that we can't handle, that a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people can't hand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and it will do us in Yeah, we're in to bring new world territory there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whether you know us on an individual level or as a civilization or as a species, it's it's, without a question, not good. Just because something can exist doesn't make it good. I mean, people need to get through that. Just because the society is doing something, just because your next door neighbors are doing something, just because on the Internet people say this is.
Speaker 3: Cool, does not in any way make any of it cool.
Speaker 6: You really, you know, I'm sure there's some brilliant philosophers who's been more eloquent on this than me. But you need to decide what sort of life you want to live independent of what you're being told by people making money or telling you what your lifestyle should be, or you will be swept up by people who do not have your best interest in mind, and you will crash on the rocks of pleasure.
Speaker 7: Crash on the rocks of pleasure.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people would sign up for that, even as described the way it was just described.
Speaker 3: That was a rough draft.
Speaker 6: I'd hate for the metaphor police to come and arrest me for mixing too many of them together.
Speaker 3: But arm strong.
Speaker 5: The armstrong and getting shot, I'm some interesting sleep stats for you. Everybody sleeps or talks about sleep. It seems everybody does sleep. It does seem everybody talks about sleep. I am having as I now officially called a crisis, a sleep crisis, for the first time in my life. So I got to spend some time looking into figuring this out. I mean, it's a crisis. I've had periods in my life, like lots of parents, where I wasn't getting enough sleep, but that was just because I didn't have, you know, the opportunity to spend enough time in bed sleeping.
Speaker 3: It wasn't because I couldn't figure out how to sleep.
Speaker 5: Now I can get into bed and just like last night, I went to bed at I don't know when, it was nine o'clock. I laid there till at least two am. Last time, I left completely awake the whole time. Oh, no idea. I had no caffeine from ten am. I mean, I just and I have no idea where this has come from. And it's just happened kind of out of nowhere. It's driving me nuts. It's a horrible feeling. And then you obviously you got all the problems with being asleep. I'm looking at government statistics. This is from one of your national health organizations something or other. Nearly before we get to that, have you dealt with the guilt you have for having staged bum fights for all those years, still staging bum fights? The money, the money is great shame and it's shame. It's easier than ever to find crazy, violent drum bums. So oh that's a good point. Yeah, it's really the golden era of staging bum fights.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I could go outside the radio station right now and find two crazy, angry people who'd be happy to fight each other for a couple of bucks.
Speaker 3: He's not joking.
Speaker 7: I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm joking that I'm going to do that.
Speaker 5: I'm not joking that I can find two angry, violent people downstairs that would fight, or maybe over in the sales room.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: For of adults report falling asleep during the day without meaning to.
Speaker 3: At least once a month.
Speaker 5: Do you fall asleep during the day at least once a month Americans? I fall asleep driving way too often, always have. Really, Oh that's not a minor story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Katie's like, wait, wait, wait, what I.
Speaker 6: Know I've been hearing this for years you don't.
Speaker 3: You just try to slide that right by us.
Speaker 5: You don't fall asleep driving, No, I am octating a diet that way. Well, I don't want to. It's not like I think it's cool. I know, I know, Katie, I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: You just well, a lot of Americans fall asleep during the day without meaning to, at least once a month, do you, Katie, No, I actually driving at your desk or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I simply can't do that. And I don't know we're the same.
Speaker 6: That would be that would be astonishing to me if that happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if I believe this number, but it is. It's a from the National Institute of Health's health not not that I believe they're statistics, but it's not most sleep statistics you hear.
Speaker 3: Oh and then look for this.
Speaker 5: Almost all sleep statistics you hear about pillows and sleep and whatever. You look at the bottom and it's paid for by a mattress company or a pillow company or whatever.
Speaker 7: That's crap.
Speaker 5: But this is from the National Institute's about That'd be a shocking number. If forty percent of adults fall asleep during the day unintentionally once a month.
Speaker 6: I mean, even when I had my desk job and I'd go and have a big lunch and I was on the west side of the building, Gladys, I tell you, I remember it so well, and the office would get so warm with the afternoon sun shining on my office, and I'd have a full belly and I closed the door like I was on an important call. You maybe I get shit ten minutes to show, but that's all that was entirely on purpose. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do that regularly in the car or sitting in a chair or wherever. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think falling asleep on accident is like NARCOLEPSI, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You just kind of start nodding off. So it's a sign for sure.
Speaker 7: I sometimes fall asleep during the hour three of our show a second segment.
Speaker 5: Wow, that was way out of line. I'll tell you what it is before I give the percentage. We've been trying to do this for years because if you give the percentage first, by the time you get to the what it was.
Speaker 3: Nobody remembers the percentage exactly.
Speaker 5: This is the percentage of adults who had trouble falling asleep most days or every day in the last month. That would be me fourteen and a half percent, which pretty big chunk, having trouble falling asleep almost every day I have my whole life, So I just think that's the way I built pretty much. But not like lay there for hours like has just hit me recently for some reason, it increases. And this is where I thought it was particularly interesting, and this is from the CDC. The percentage of people who have trouble falling asleep goes up as your education goes down, as your family income goes down, and as you become more rural, which is surprising to me really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, lower income rural people have more sleep problems than hard driving urban nites. Yeah, this is that counter into it. Yeah, I agree, But that's the dark of the country night. You got the crickets at chirp and you just had you know, you got flapjacks.
Speaker 3: What's those John Denver song? I don't know what is the John Denver song?
Speaker 6: You know with the the thank God I'm a country boy. Oh, I got me and my pipe. I got me Old Phil. When the sun's coming up, I got cakes on the griddle. Sound not fall asleep with the lifestyle.
Speaker 9: I wonder if they have more trouble falling asleep because they're not as busy throughout the day. Maybe like the slower lifestyle, they're not so go, go go.
Speaker 3: I don't know, well, I don't know. I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 5: But then they're the they're the uh statistics on staying asleep, which is a whole nother thing too, which I and I know lots of people have you fall asleep, but then you wake up at one of them morning or do in the morning for some unknown reason, and you lay there for a while, which I hate.
Speaker 3: I just hate that. Phelly, It's just the worst.
Speaker 5: Uh. And then you know, you keep looking at the clock and it gets closer to when you got to get up, and you're still tired.
Speaker 7: I hate it. But breaking it.
Speaker 5: Down again, so education, income goes down, the likelihood that you're not gonna be able to sleep goes up. A greater percentage of white adults had trouble staying asleep every day in the last month, then Hispanic, Black, or Asian.
Speaker 3: Any idea why that is? My white guilt keeps me up?
Speaker 6: I know, yep, yes, yeah, Robin DiAngelo really talks some sense to me, and now I can't go to sleep at night knowing that my ancestors one hundred and seventy five years ago did bad stuff.
Speaker 5: The crowd that has the least trouble, it would look like from the statistics, is urban educated Asian people. Almost nobody has trouble sleeping, getting to sleep or staying asleep.
Speaker 3: Wow, why that is? I have no idea. Tiger moms their heads hit the pillow and they're out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you have any guess as to why that is with the.
Speaker 3: Because in my mind, you go up in income and.
Speaker 5: Education and people are like, go go drinking coffee, high pressure.
Speaker 3: But that's not doesn't fit in with the statistics.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's your hillbilly elegy analysis. We are heavily weighted in semi ru to rural America with the former manufacturing job on disability, drinking too much, taking drugs, smoking cigarettes. Crowd and their lifestyles just aren't conducive to get in sleep. They're obese, they don't get enough exercise.
Speaker 3: That is weighted.
Speaker 5: The statistic is that the typical rural lifestyle at this point, that's not mean to experience.
Speaker 3: But is that overwhelmed the statistics.
Speaker 6: Now, well, yeah, that's I chose my words carefully as always. I think that has weighted those statistics in that direction. I don't know if it's typical or not, but there are a hell of a lot of people who do live like that.
Speaker 5: If you have less than a high school diploma, one in six haven't been able to get to sleep most days in the last thirty days.
Speaker 3: So education going down? Is that the stress of how do I make a living?
Speaker 5: Or do you think that's because we've always like the statistic to make this point of what is the statistic we like two.
Speaker 3: Out of three? That's my favorite. People who.
Speaker 5: People who divorce, who get divorced are more likely to smoke, or it's the other way around. People who smoke are more likely to get divorced. Smoking doesn't cause divorce or vice versa, but there's a lifestyle that goes with smoking generally, and so.
Speaker 3: That way you have landing at life.
Speaker 5: So what I'm wondering about the uh, the less than a high school diploma, are you more likely to like drink red bulls until ten o'clock at night and then try to get to sleep.
Speaker 7: Then if you have a college education.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. Yeah, that's I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've led us to the promised Land, and well done, I say, I think if you looked at a list of say four or five.
Speaker 3: Or six I don't study this stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't know quote unquote sleep disruptive habits or activities.
Speaker 3: I think they would be more heavily on the lower income end. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: Scratchers. The scratchers keep you awake trying to figure out if you have matched three numbers. Don't know, bondo on your car. I don't know. I don't know if you've got any idea why as education goes down, sleep problems go up. Now I am a college graduate in a suburban area.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't be having to I don't know what the problem. I do drink Red Bull all day long. No, I actually can't drink that stuff. I don't know how anybody does. My son and all his friends do.
Speaker 3: They love it, and it's horrible. It's horrible. I limit him with disgusting.
Speaker 5: But and I don't I don't know. I might actually have to see a doctor about this. At this point, it's become a crisis. It's a crisis in my life, and I dread over the last several weeks, I dread going.
Speaker 3: To bed even though I'm exhausted, just oh god, I can't just lay there. And then of course that adds to it.
Speaker 5: It's like when you're worried about if you're worried about your blood pressure blood pressure checked?
Speaker 3: Oh, tell me about it? Yeah, no kidding. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Somebody suggested the three ms magnesium, melatonin, and masturbation.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, wow, night after night to get and stay asleep. Exercise, physical exercise. Clearly, I get, I get exercise.
Speaker 7: I'm not doing anything different. That's what's crazy.
Speaker 5: None, no changes in my life, just all of a sudden, can't sleep at all, like hardly age man age.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the bang bangs are getting to you? Right? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: The double meal eating For those not familiar with the term.
Speaker 9: I don't sleep great when I eat like crap sometimes, so maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Stop going to Wienersnitzel. He does eat like a bear.
Speaker 6: Having discovered an unlocked door to Lake Tahoe cabin.
Speaker 5: What did I have for dinner last night? Let's just use like a random meal like last night. This is science last night for dinner, quarter pounder with cheese and a mcflury. So there's nothing to Katie's theory whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Clearly, I'm just making it up.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, who eats like that?
Speaker 1: Jack, Armstrong and Joe, The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 3: This is pleasant and delightful.
Speaker 6: A bread making craze has begun in my extended family.
Speaker 5: Oh cool, Yeah, I remember during the pandemic when people started doing that, and so yeah, oddly.
Speaker 6: Enough, it began with a relative who has some sensory issues. Jack, something you know about. I'm going to keep things vague to protect the innocent, but say it was my uncle Morty, and we would make reference to Morty bread and how good it was, and Morty when he would come for a visit would always leave a loaf. And when I was through with Morty bread, I was very, very sad because it was so good.
Speaker 3: Before I leave work today, oh god, Jesus boy, you know Jack, you know what Katie? I just do you want to go off and do our own thing? Could we?
Speaker 7: Would you take?
Speaker 3: We wouldn't ever. Yeah, Michael, you're higher and here you can watch Jack.
Speaker 6: We're out of here, you can you guess it is going to be like and this, this is this happened to me at least once in my youth. It was explained to me, Hey, the band just got a break up. We just we can't do this and it's too much trouble to do that. And so we're breaking up. And then a week later here, yeah, they're playing he just got a different dude playing your instrument.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, So that's what we're doing to Jack right now. Yeah, we I'm really not gonna do it radio anymore.
Speaker 5: That's like the they break up with you because I just I just don't think I should be in a relationship right now. And then you see him walking down the street holding hands with somebody next weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'm going into bread making. You guys have fun.
Speaker 7: Okay, the bread making, I am.
Speaker 5: That's something I would like to actually learn how to do one because I love homemade bread and it just seems like could be a cool craft.
Speaker 6: And I pronounced, having enjoyed some Morti bread and then switched back to the regular stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's just so much better.
Speaker 6: And so Judy got a new mixer because our old mixer's motor was kind of funky. And so now she's got this big, like industry looking mixer. And she made a couple of loafs of what's known as the Morty bread. And my lost student daughter made herself some bread, although one of her two cats stepped on the bread as it was proofing, which I guess means rising or something. Yeah, and so one of the loaves is robust and very healthy looking, and the other loaf is really just excuse me.
Speaker 3: Loaf, because I can't ruined it. Damn cats.
Speaker 5: The cat stepped on the bread. But you're gonna go ahead and make it anyway, doesn't that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you put it in the oven at three hundred and fifty degrees for a half an hour or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It's fine. I don't know that I want letter box bread. Yeah.
Speaker 5: This tastes a little like whatever a cat walks through. Well, now, I will tell you this.
Speaker 6: Having baby sat my daughter's cats for three weeks over Christmas, she does occasionally get ready to bleeper. She does occasionally refer to their mittens because they you know, they pooh out, they poo in the box, then they walk out of the box.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's see, that's not a tasty term.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 6: They dip their paws and some paus and some sort of disinfectant on their way out. Must clean the paws after one poos. You know, No, they don't do that. That's a great term. It is, and discuss we've got cats.
Speaker 5: And Michael, we're going to use that term patting around mittens all over your house.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start calling people mittens. This is great. Oh my goodness, this is many charming folks. I apologize. I work at this guy and working with told me the other.
Speaker 5: Day, but a bunch of mittens around here?
Speaker 3: Why do I put up with it?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Where was I? Oh?
Speaker 6: I was going to talk about the various things that are so far superior in their homemade version, right, but we've kind of drifted so far away from it.
Speaker 3: Like I brewed beer for a while. My brother brewis beer and it's so good.
Speaker 6: He's actually got the cooler with two taps, and anytime we visit his house he has home brewed beer in kegs on tap.
Speaker 3: Wow, icy cold on his patio. It's ridiculous. Oh, it's so.
Speaker 6: Although if I lived like that, I would be a flaming alcoholic in three hundred and seventy five pounds. What if there's a downside, But I'd be happy, and I wouldn't be thinking about my problems, and people would be more interesting.
Speaker 3: But bread might be at the top of the list. Beer is close.
Speaker 6: I say cookies, and I'm a bit of a purist, maybe a bit of a pain in the ass. I know that's hard to imagine. Uh, I will not eat store bought cookies. I just I won't because the calories and the taste. No.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh those cookies that I sent you guys, the picture of of her break that I made.
Speaker 3: Oh, they were so homemade. Is it's it's it's just it's like sex, It's so good.
Speaker 5: I grew up in Wisconsin with a lot of homemade butter, and homemade butter is just so much better than what he did in the store. It's like a different thing you each, brother, I wouldn't know if you put homemade, and I had forgotten how good it was. So this field trip my son went on to a couple of years ago, they churned buttered. They I spent more time churning than the kids did. But as I was one of the chaperones. But I churned up the exactly their weedy little arms. I turned up the butter, and I'd forgotten how good it is. You put homemade butter on homemade bread and you have a flip and treat right there.
Speaker 3: That sounds wonderful. I'm guessing.
Speaker 9: Oh no, I'm just I'm in the process of trying to make sour doughver because that's my favorite, oh of life, and I haven't.
Speaker 3: I haven't gotten it down yet because it's complicated.
Speaker 6: But we missed the whole getting a starter going during COVID thing.
Speaker 3: I wish we had.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Jack, I'm sure there are semi overpriced like electric butter turns you can get from you know, sharper imature whatever.
Speaker 5: We did it the old timey away with a look like the thing you've seen in old timey movies with a stick in a cylinder with a hole on the top. It kind of looks a little sexual. But I mean, you're you're doing this thing.
Speaker 3: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Speaker 7: But yeah, homemade butter, that's what you got to add. You have homemade bread with homemade butter.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I'm looking at how to make homemade butter. It doesn't look that difficult. It's not hard at all. I'm going to try it today. Do it, yeah, and then report back. Oh so good.
Speaker 5: Get me a tub, not that sort of stuff to get and sell over there at the store.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know it, I know it. The Armstrong and Gettys. Get more Jack, more Joe podcasts, and our hot links at our do