Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: One thing that you could give thanks for today is that your dating life isn't so bad that you're on our show.
Speaker 3: Yeah not.
Speaker 2: Good point. Yeah, hey, welcome to it. It is a Thanksgiving edition of your Second Date, and we do have an episode for you just to make you laugh this morning. Maybe you're prepping meals, maybe you're avoiding family, maybe you're traveling, maybe you're one of those unlucky ones that have to be stuck at work. We're grateful that you're there and for all you do, and we truly give thanks to our listeners.
Speaker 4: Yow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If your family's fighting over something petty, let us know in the comments what it is. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: We're all in it together.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving from Brook and Jeffery in the morning.
Speaker 4: Ready or not, Here it comes. The holidays are fast approaching Christmas. There's just something about the Christmas season that brings out the romantic side of people. Oh that's true, thank you and office party Missiletoe. That was definitely not the case for two of our listeners who appeared on our show almost a year ago, because, in their case, the holidays nearly broke them on their very first date. Oh no, thankfully we were able to help out. And now that we're coming up on the Yule Tide season, we're gonna check back in on that same couple for a special holiday second date up date update right after this second date updated. Brooks swears she's never used the dating apps before.
Speaker 1: I have it?
Speaker 4: Is that true or because she knows that her family listens to the show Sometimes I really have it. But with the way we've been doing our second date updates lately, it's kind of like, brook you're getting the online experience anyway, because we've been asking people to open up their dates profiles and read us some of the stuff that they've wrote on there.
Speaker 2: And I'll say, I have flipped through my single friends.
Speaker 1: Changed all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: What about a test, brook If you want to match someone in which direction do you swipe?
Speaker 2: Everyone knows that you swipe right?
Speaker 4: Oh wow. Anyway, now that Brooke has schooled us on how online dating works, maybe you can talk to Shawna, who wants our help today and we want to get into Shawna's Dates profile too. Shawna, Welcome to our happy little slice of morning radio.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Shauna. So who did you swipe right on?
Speaker 3: I swipe right on a guy named Hunter Hunter.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: He says he's looking for a lady to match his energy.
Speaker 4: Okay, you should put that on your dating profile.
Speaker 1: Oh man, my energy day.
Speaker 4: We would be exhausted someone someone with the energy of ten thousand ye oh my god. What's your name?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 4: Someone's out there for you? What else? Okay?
Speaker 3: So we have sports pick on here, like he's in different like jogging attire.
Speaker 2: Okay. So he's an active guy.
Speaker 3: And also says he's an old soul that is dreaming of moving to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: All right, now, you lost me. I grew up in I grew up in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Nothing romantic about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really sad story. While your parents listen to this, it's like the opposite of the home market.
Speaker 2: Oh they know. Yeah, they thought it was going to be more picket fences. Lefts meth Labs on what small town life is actually like, Yeah, are you into that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I will come. I think I love gardening and I would love to have some animals and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't think meth Labs would play it, and I hope not. But anyway, we'll call.
Speaker 4: The plan B for you doesn't work out anything else on there, and he ends.
Speaker 3: It with he's unapologetically me so great. So it's like, Okay, that's a red flag.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Guys or girls that say.
Speaker 2: That is it basically says I'm drama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm not gonna apologize.
Speaker 2: Well it worked for her, wiped on him already.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Yeah, you're much more forgiving than any of us are. So tell us about the date that you went on.
Speaker 3: Okay, so our game was great. He took me to a pro hockey game. Oh fine, and I kind of like hockey, so it was kind of a good thing, I think. Yeah. So anyway, but that thing about it is that there was no parking. We like literally circled the parking lot for twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Did you say the best thing about it was there no parking.
Speaker 3: The worst thing about yeah, like one of the worst things about it, there was no parking. Yeah, So we looked like twenty minutes and then I realized that I didn't have my gloves and so I made him take me home.
Speaker 2: Box gloves, like regular, No, we I understand.
Speaker 3: You, guys. I'm always cold, Like right now, my hands are freezing. I have cold hands all the time.
Speaker 2: You say you made him take you home.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, we haven't found parking at that point anyway, so I'm like, just take me home and get my gloves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you missed the whole first period.
Speaker 3: It sounds like probably yeah, but we did come back and we saw the rest of the most of the game, which was great.
Speaker 2: And then wait, that didn't ruin his mood, like having a demand like that.
Speaker 3: No, he was so sweet about it. He's like, I get it, very nice.
Speaker 4: Plus he doesn't want to get hugged by her if she has cold hands too, So made it back.
Speaker 2: Find me a woman that doesn't have cold hands.
Speaker 3: Cold hands, I know, cold hands, warm hearts. Anyway, the game is great, and then he took me home because you know, games are long. And then he was like, can I come in to my apartment. I was like, well, you can totally come in, but it's really cluttered. I'm doing this home project. But I kind of just discourage him because I really didn't want him in my mess because it's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Trying to but you're like, yeah, you come in though, it's going to be the worst experience, but you am.
Speaker 2: So he didn't come in.
Speaker 3: No, he did not come in again. Yeah, so then you know, I texted him and he was like, I had a great time. He texted me, I had a great time.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 3: But then there's been no, let's get together again, let's go out on another date. There's been like this, Hi, how are you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. You are definitely a lot of energy, I can tell you, and it's a good thing. I think. I'm not sure if it matches his energy though, because I don't know what he's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you, I don't know, but I mean, I'm telling you, guys, time all right. He was really nice and I had such a great time. It's just kind of wat. It's kind of like, you know, well.
Speaker 4: I want to hear this in person when we call him. We're gonna dial this number in just a few minutes. First, we'll play song, we'll come back, and then we'll try and get you a second date update right after this. Okay, okay, all right, hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date. Update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two if you're just joining.
Speaker 4: Us for the second date. We're on the phone with Shawna who clearly has a lot of personality. Yes, he's got high energy, with freezing cold hands and a messy apartment filled with secret projects that she doesn't want her date to see.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: It's just a mess that she'd want him to see, not the project.
Speaker 4: Well, because after the hockey date, Shanna told Hunter in no uncertain terms, no, you cannot come inside and see my place.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty bold ask for a guy to go. Can I come in?
Speaker 4: I mean, he's they've already been there twice that day for the first time. You want to go pick up the gloves? She found her gloves in the clutter. True, I'm curious as a guy, would you take that personally? If a girl turns you away at the door, I would definitely read into it. I mean, it's like most of the time, if a girl says it's messy in there, it's nothing compared to like a guy's mess what.
Speaker 2: You live with exactly. There are some clean men I don't know them.
Speaker 4: Brooke, I would ask you, but I know you've never turned away a guy at the door, So for let's forget it.
Speaker 2: Jeff jump.
Speaker 4: Shauna.
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Are you okay? Before we call Hunter here?
Speaker 3: I'm good. You guys are hysterical, Okay.
Speaker 2: Nobody else has ever said that.
Speaker 4: Face?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hope we can get you a date. I mean maybe he's just been busy or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 4: So all right, let's find out for sure. We're gonna die Hunter's number right now and we'll see what he has to say. Okay, okay, and just for the record, we think you're hysterical too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're matching energy.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, all right. Yeah, let's just call him here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Hunter?
Speaker 1: Yes? This is him? And who is this?
Speaker 4: Hey? This is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Is this the same Hunter that went out with a girl recently named Shauna to hockey game?
Speaker 1: Who's asking? I'm sorry me? Yeah, said name you guys from the radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we do a morning radio show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wait, I'm really confused, right, I'm sorry, this is this never happened to me before.
Speaker 4: Well, we'd like to ask you questions about the date because Shanna reached out to us afterwards and said she had a really nice time with you. Oh, it's part of a thing that we do call the second date update, and we're trying to help her get some answers for why afterwards you two aren't reconnecting.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, she's she is something that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Is she being too eager? Like, were you going to get back to her?
Speaker 1: Were you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you spoke to her right, So I'm guessing you kind of got the feel from her that she's a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: She's a lot Yeah, but she said, I mean she told us on your dating profile it says you're looking for someone to match your energy. I mean people who write that are only people who are like high energy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for matching energies, but there's levels to these sort of thing and levels. The date itself was fine, I mean, albeit that there were minor inconveniences having to go out of my way to get her gloves, and it's the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we heard about that, and from what we understand, she felt kind of bad that she left her gloves and made you leave and miss part of the game.
Speaker 2: She even called you a gentleman about the whole shit.
Speaker 1: She told me about that, and I understood, it's fine, it's whatever. That's not what the deal breaker was for me.
Speaker 2: So there is a deal breaker, yes, one specific reason.
Speaker 1: And that was kind of like the cherry on top, and I was just kind of like, okay, now I can't go through.
Speaker 2: The gloves were at the beginning, like what was it?
Speaker 1: Then the tail end of it, okay, yeah, the very very very end of it. When we went back to her place and she's telling me about this project that she's working on. It's a mess, you know, She's telling me, I don't think it's you know, you might feel comfortable, little cramped in there. And I asked, I was, what's this project that you're working on? And she told me that she has Christmas trees. She's you know, like, okay, well Christmas time is coming. And what she said plural trees. I'm like, wait, you have more than one?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some people do that or a bunch of.
Speaker 1: What's the problem, Well, she has five of them, and she's working on three more.
Speaker 2: Did she like make them for other people and then deliver them or something.
Speaker 1: It's for her just just to have around the household full.
Speaker 2: Size trees, Like every room in the house is a full sized tree.
Speaker 1: I don't know if if it's all in one room, or if it's in one room and one's in a bedroom, one's in a I don't know.
Speaker 4: So Christmas.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm not trying to be the grinch here. I'm just saying that, you know. And then she seemed a little compulsive obsessive over it to the point where it's kind of creepy.
Speaker 4: So it sounds to me like you might see her as a little bit high maintenance.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this much. I've been on enough dates through the apps to know that when someone obsesses over something like this, it's a major red flag.
Speaker 2: Bro. I like to call.
Speaker 4: Red flags fun facts.
Speaker 2: Well, you look at this, red is a color of Christmas. Maybe you could the green flags.
Speaker 4: And sure, there's a perfectly good explanation she could give you right now when we put her on the other line, because he's actually been there the whole time. Hunter wha what Yeah, Yes, she's been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 3: Hunter. Hi Hunter. Oh yeah, so okay, so I'm listening to this. My head is not to explode. First of all, you haven't even been in my house. My house did energy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's sounding like you didn't even want me to come in, so I did because I.
Speaker 3: Like, I have ornaments everywhere everything else. They're so cool. So I have like a forest, Yes, I do, admit, I have like four in my living room. It's kind of like a forest. I have like little elves and stuff, you know. I put one in my garage and I have it decorated like with like little tools, like with little nuts and bolts, a little wrenches.
Speaker 4: Sea Hunter, there, you definitely overreacted. Not a red flag at all.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and then I have one in the back. I actually put one in the bathroom, like in the corner. I take out my hamper and put like it in.
Speaker 2: The bathroom like a full sized tree.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: You have a big bathroom.
Speaker 3: It's pretty big. It's coll and skinny. Do you shape trees like different shapes and sizes or whatever? This is my tall skinny.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing so much. I think we get the picture. Now you love Christmas, you love all the trees in your house?
Speaker 3: He sounds like a glench and are you you're a baham bug?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I would just like to give Hunter a chance to respond to you a little bit about what what he thinks about all the trees in your house? Hunter a second, let him get out maybe more than two words this time. Hunter gave it a shot.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, I am all for Christmas spirit. I love nature, foliage, you name it. But outside the house, you know, maybe one Christmas tree suffices standard.
Speaker 3: Christmas for you.
Speaker 2: Just can't get over there. And you put up eight trees, which means you take down big house.
Speaker 4: Energy is probably the equivalent of one tree for us.
Speaker 1: What do you do for New Years? What do you do for Valentine's? Like, now you have me thinking, well, yea.
Speaker 3: Valentine's is great whole. I have a whole like a separate storage unit for all of my decorations for every holiday of the year.
Speaker 4: Was asking her about Valentine's Day, which makes me go answer, we would love to send you on that pre Valentine's Day date and we will pay for it. Oh yes, my friend, friend.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got to give her. She is fun, she is spirited.
Speaker 4: And we know from your dating profile, Hunter that you're unapologetically yourself and you can continue to unapologetically be yourself on that next day.
Speaker 2: But I will say the majority people in this room thought that was a red flash. Maybe you could look over her red flash.
Speaker 4: Come on, Hunter, one more chance. We'll pay for it, man, Red flag, green flag. Put them together, superb.
Speaker 2: It's like brown, It's like a bad, nasty.
Speaker 3: What do you say, Hunter, You're paid?
Speaker 1: Definitely all right.
Speaker 4: He's unapologetically cheap too.
Speaker 3: Another day, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's been almost an entire year since we've had them on. But apparently Hunter and Shauna are still dating, which is great. But the holidays are coming up again. I wonder if that's going to cause any tension in their relationship.
Speaker 2: I would say it already has. This girl has already decorated. There is no way she's waiting.
Speaker 4: Huh, how you guys doing doing?
Speaker 2: Can you hear it?
Speaker 4: Christmas?
Speaker 2: Can you hear us in the forest in your house? No?
Speaker 4: You have? Why is that normal for you? Or are you trying to be considerate of him?
Speaker 3: No? Totally normal.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, all right, Hunter, how are you doing? Are you excited for the holidays this season?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm excited. I'm actually more excited for her, you know, so her being excited makes me excited.
Speaker 2: I mean where you guys, are you living together or what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We're together. I mean we're actually uping the anty this time around the anty.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: So we're actually instead of eight trees, we're doing nine.
Speaker 4: Is that ninth tree? Like your tree the couples?
Speaker 2: It's like the man cave tree?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: However?
Speaker 1: Actually something really special about the extra tree because this one we're actually going into the forest to get it ourselves. We're going to cut it down.
Speaker 3: It's going to be totally like a Harmark movie. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Also check for squirrels. Yeah, Hunter, I'm curious. Is Shauna liked this on any other holiday of the year, Now that you've almost spent like a whole one together, is she like this for anything else?
Speaker 1: Well? At first I thought it might, but no, it's actually only Christmas. She has a spreadsheet that she has prepared in July.
Speaker 4: July.
Speaker 3: Okay, it has to be that way because I've got to keep it all organized, and I have to write it down, like all the themes of the trees and what's both on each tree. I have to be that way.
Speaker 4: Wow, you should keep it simple.
Speaker 2: I feel like you should start your own business.
Speaker 4: You know, Santa should hire you to act. You need to go and set up the North Pole.
Speaker 2: Oh, it sounds like you guys are in a really great relationship.
Speaker 3: It's really great. He's amazing you guys.
Speaker 4: If you ever get married, when you get married at Christmas time.
Speaker 3: Amongst our forests, yea, I love it.
Speaker 4: Keep us updated on your relationship. Happy to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 4: It's Rook and Jeffrey in the morning.