Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online ATLA dot com.
Speaker 2: Rouquel is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jake. I was always in Jakes, though I don't know, I'm not sure if it's a state farm guy or not. If you had a red polo, that's probably him, and probably because he's very busy. Roquel, how long has it been since you heard from Jake?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, it's been like a couple of weeks. Okay, let's get into it. Tell us about the date. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 4: So we met at a bar that's also kind of known for their desserts. So my idea was like cocktail and cake, which.
Speaker 3: I thought was really cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I thought it was like a.
Speaker 4: Really fun way to get to know each other. And I mean, truth be toltally met online, but like even online, our banter was really great and so I was like super super happy to when I met him in person, Like he was so funny, he was so so, so so so funny.
Speaker 5: So was he funny online too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like exactly like he was funny online, but he was even funnier in person.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: You feel like that doesn't happen that often. I feel like some people are hilarious over text, but then they kind of get nervous when they're in person.
Speaker 5: You know, it really sucks.
Speaker 2: It is a big letdown because you show up and you're ready for a show. I'm like, dinner in a show, Yeah, make me laugh, And then it's like they.
Speaker 5: Don't do that? Can you just text with me?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: Because you were hilarious when you're texting.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: It was like a real pleasant surprise for sure.
Speaker 5: And the date was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like we decided to share a slice of the triple chocolate cake or it was like triple chocolate truffle cake or something. It was so good, and we each had martini, so like, you know, it was really nice.
Speaker 3: This is a great date idea. I'm loving this date idea.
Speaker 4: I thought it was cute.
Speaker 5: How did the date end?
Speaker 4: You know, it ended pretty well, Like we were he walked me to my car, he gave me on the cheek and he was like, yeah, I'll get in touch with you.
Speaker 5: So you got a kiss on the cheek, okay, and then never got in touch with you.
Speaker 4: I mean I basically texted him like a couple of days later, like there was just one thing that happened on the date that was like a little strange. Okay, So basically he okay, we're talking. I'm like asking him some cool questions, right like I'm getting to know him. I'm asking him like what's your astrological fine, you know, like I'm really into that stuff, like are you close with your parents? Like blah blah blah, but like the usual stuff.
Speaker 3: And I did kind of.
Speaker 4: Notice that he was on his phone a lot, like towards the end of the date, so like that kind of was a little concerning to me. And then like at one point he excused himself, like after we have our martini and he said he had to go, like all of a sudden. So it was like, oh, okay, weird. I mean everything was going great until then, and it honestly happened so fast. So he was like, oh I have to go, and I was like, oh okay. So like we paid the bill and I'm like okay. So we walk out to my car. You know, he he kisses me on the cheek. He's like, you know, it has fun, but I have to go, and I was like, I hope our reading's okay, and he just kind of like left. It was it was very kind of strange.
Speaker 6: The ending was strange.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean it makes you feel like did something happen? What's the deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like after that, I did text him and I was just like, hey, I hope our reading's okay. And nothing, and it's been like I don't know, it's been like ten days or something like almost two weeks.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I would just wonder if you have some I would be kind of nervous, like is this person all right? Exacly, yeah, is a family emergency?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what I'm thinking where I was like, maybe he just didn't like the idea of like the cocktail and cake, Like I thought it was really cute, but I was that's like the only thing, Like maybe he just didn't like my judgment and like the place book I picked.
Speaker 2: I think that that might not be it. That sounds like a fine date unless he's really against cake. It was like cocktails, I mean you know that case that's a red flag for you, or like.
Speaker 4: Maybe I ate too much of a cake.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And then that's also a red flag for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's Karen Beva about how much cake you But we'll figure it out. We'll play a song comeback, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date if you still want one.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, because I really want one.
Speaker 5: Call Get your first Day follow Up, Next.
Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first Date follow up. Roquel is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jake. So we're about to see if we can get him on the phone and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date if she's still interested after she hears why. But before we call him, Roquelle, why don't you catch everybody up on the situation with Jake.
Speaker 4: Okay, So basically we met online. We decided to get to this really cute place. It was like a cocktail and dessert type place like get some okay, get some cocktails, and everything was going great, really great conversation, and then you know, kind of halfway through the date, he was like kind about a little strange, like he basically said that he had to go to the bathroom, and when he came back, he was like, oh, I have to leave, like kind of all of a sudden, and I was like, oh, okay, that's strange because the banter was really good. And then he walked away high car. He kissed me on the cheek and then you know, kind of just like rushed out, and I texted him being like I hope everything's okay, and no response.
Speaker 5: And that was like ten days ago.
Speaker 2: M hm, okay, Well we'll see if we can help you out. We're gonna call him right now and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting you, and see if you want another date.
Speaker 7: Okay, ready, yes, thank you? All right, here we go. Oh that makes we could take please.
Speaker 3: Who is Jake?
Speaker 5: Jake? How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbell, and I host a radio show and it's named The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jake, jumping right in. Jubel's not by himself. My name is Nina. I'm also on the show.
Speaker 5: Yes she is, and I'm Victoria. She's also on the show. Jake, how's it going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Fine, why are you guys calling from radio station.
Speaker 5: We do a segment on our show called the First Night follow Up.
Speaker 2: That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and find out why. And we got an email about you from someone Jake, uh huh, And would you like to take a guess at who that person is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Who is Roquel?
Speaker 2: It is Roquelle. Yes, So Roquelle told us about your date. She said she really liked you, but she can't figure out why you're ghostingers.
Speaker 5: So that's why we're here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, you know, look, first of all, was super hot. I thought that taking cocktails idea was like super cute, but like it felt like a job interview, you know, Like it felt like she was asking all these questions and like sometimes like before I even have a chance to finish the answer, it was like it just felt like she was trying to see if I fit her template of like the perfect guy template, you know, and it was like it literally felt like a job interview. It was like, you know, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Asking about my family, like she asked about the relationship with my mom. Like I was like, I just met you twenty minutes ago. So it just like I get that girl's when I know that stuff, but on the first date, like and then I mean asking about my astrological sign, that's fine, but it just I was like, it just felt like it was coming on too strong.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 6: I was just kind of like, you know, I in my mind, I was like, have more game, you know, have more game.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to get to know you.
Speaker 2: Take that rock house. She was on the phone listing. She's on the phone listing and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean I just like I didn't realize you were on the phone.
Speaker 3: No, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, you know, I was disappointed because I really I felt like we had such great banter and I'm like, I'm just like interested in you, and I just I was interested in those things and I just think, you know, it was a good conversation or like they're like conversation starters, you know. And I mean, I'm so sorry that it turned you off. I can certainly you know, tone it down and hotch next time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, I mean, no, I get like dating is awkward. It's like an awkward thing to do. It's kind of weird. So I mean, I I feel that. But yeah, I mean I'm sorry that I didn't respond. I just was kind of like, honestly, I just think I was really interested again, but you know, I mean, yeah, that's kind of how I was feeling. That's why I didn't respond.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you what types of questions make you feel comfortable? Because I don't know about you guys, but I don't like to waste my time with like, oh, look at the chandelier, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: I'd rather know about you. Yeah, although I.
Speaker 3: Probably would talk about itself, but deeper conversations are more meaningful than the surface level like how's the weather, like, so what kind of question.
Speaker 5: I totally agree, Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 6: I think it's I think it's less Maybe it's less the questions. I mean, some of the questions were a little bit much, but like it's more like the style and the like. It just felt like she was reciting a list. It was like, Okay, that's about your Josseph, so tell me about your mom. Okay, well, then tell me about like what's your sign?
Speaker 4: It was like as if.
Speaker 6: That's what I mean, Like, it wasn't so much like those are those are totally valid questions to ask. It just was like it felt like I was like a candidate to be her husband.
Speaker 3: Huh, technically isn't everybody until you're not. I'm sorry, that's just much okay, Raquel? Were you nervous?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I was nervous and excited, you know, And I think when I get excited, I just like, you know, kind of like get a little fit fiery, and so I definitely need to work on my delivery, which I am really willing to do, Jake, because I think we really hit it off and I would really love to see you again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I I'm open to it, like I feel like again, like it's honestly, it's my bad, Like I should have communicated that to you perhaps, but you know how dating is, like sometimes it's just easier just to like move on. But but you know, I you seem like a nice person, and I'm glad.
Speaker 3: That we had this opportunity.
Speaker 6: To clear this up.
Speaker 2: Jake, since you seem since you think Raquel seems like a nice person, would you like to try again and go out another day with Roquel.
Speaker 5: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: I would, I would, I'm gone.
Speaker 5: I'm don Wow. Congratulations, Raquel, yay, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Some things I'm excited, but I'm keeping it cool.
Speaker 3: Good luck, don't be self conscious. You still do whatever you need to do on this for yourself. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Guys, Jake, you be yourself as well. I think, yes I will, and I'm going to be somebody different, but I'll see you on your day though. I'm gonna be somebody weird.
Speaker 3: Look behind the pitches.
Speaker 5: That'll be me.
Speaker 1: Jamia's first day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney Online at Advocateslaw dot com