Speaker 1: What's that ad? It's spooky Joky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I ghosted I days.
Speaker 1: Pa, Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I like to talk to people that I like about mysterious shit. I'm joined by an absolute icon of horror, a true legend, and not only does horror. I mean this guest today, Rachel True.
Speaker 2: She's working non stop.
Speaker 1: You might know her from Half and Half, Half Baked, the Gregor Rokey classic Nowhere, but of course we most know her and love her as a spooky weirdos from The Craft. She played Rochelle and the Craft. That movie life changing for so many of us. And I have had the honor of knowing Rachel a bit for a while, and finally the day has come. I ran into her at a horror convention. I said, Rachel, come on, come on, Rachel, you gotta come on the show. I mean, I can't tell you how many people have requested Rachel True come on the show, and we finally got her. She's also honestly a legendary tarot card reader. She's very well known as a Tarot reader. She even has a book about it. We're gonna talk about that she's got Tarot dex. I mean, she's incredible, and I also had the honor of having her read me just a little bit. So let's just get into it. Here is my conversation with Rachel True and with the show. You guys, I am joined at last by Honestly, I'm gonna say the most requested guest I have had the past nearly five years of doing this show, Rachel True.
Speaker 2: Hello, what seriously, that's thank you for having me on. By the way, I was lucky enough to run into the fabulous rosin person not that long ago, and well, the first thing I said was do you just stare in the mirror and go, I'm so pretty? I'm so pretty?
Speaker 1: And then sometimes I leave the house. I people. You don't know how many times people have said to me, did you know that Rachel True is a really a Tarot reader? You have to have her on your pie And I'm like, not only did I know that? I know Rachel True as well? I know the I know Rachel True a bit. So it's finally worked out to have you here, and this is exciting for me.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's exciting for me because I love this subject matter.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I mean we we know you're a terror reader you wrote this.
Speaker 2: Wait, let me correct that because I am a Tarra reader, but I also am a Tara author, because I think that there is maybe even in my own mind, Roz, we're connotation to Tyra reader. You know what I mean? You picture them in it in like a book in the back of the bodega.
Speaker 3: Reading cards or worse worse, TikTok readers have ruined everything for me, Roz, because if I see another newbile twenty year old pull out like the Three of Swords, rub it on her tits and go they're coming.
Speaker 2: Back, which, like I can't take it anymore. First of all, three of Swords a heartbreak card. They're probably not coming back. The heartbreak's probably fresh. And second of all, what do your tits have to do? Tits are great, I have them, I you know, I live with them. But what does that have to do with your reading? And that's why I wrote the book so that people could learn to read their own cards, because I started reading at like eight, and I think it is so important and empowering to learn to read your own cards rather than rely on some random terror reader out there reading. But think about it, it's Tara reader on Instagram or wherever.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying there's not good readers on there. There definitely are, but.
Speaker 2: They're reading for the mass as if it's an astrology. It's not. It's literally very specific to you. If I read for you, ras, I'm picking up on your energy, right, so I can do a sort of collective thing, but it's not as helpful, I think. Listen, there's a lot of Vegas card sharks slinging Tarot cards out there. Everybody be careful.
Speaker 1: Serious, So how does somebody sniff out a bad Tarot reader?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know what I'm gonna say, It's tough because depending where one is at, Like if you are fresh off or breakup and you're devastated and you didn't want it to end, you have no discernment, and you're literally gonna pick the reading like you would pick a TV show. You're gonna go on YouTube and you're gonna go, well, it says they're coming back on this one, so oh, listen to this one. And then a couple months later, when you're a little weeks later, days later, when you're feeling stronger, the one that says you moved on, girl, you don't need him. That's the reading you're gonna vibrate with on there. You're gonna pick it like a TV show, which is fun and entertaining, but it's not a personal reading. I'm not saying you can't get things out of that just by listening, because it can elevate your mood and give your seratonin to make you feel better or worse, depending, But my whole thing about learning to read for yourself is that it's literally one of the most effective self suit techniques.
Speaker 1: I sound yeah, I because that's I have a long history with Taro with I want so badly to be that lady in the back of the bodega. That's like my dream, Like I really right there, yeah, very much want like just I don't know, scarves everywhere and like dim lighting. I actually have in my home like one of those big neon signs from a tarot reader place. I just love, I love or and I even think that like just the writer wait decks, like I think the artists so gorgeous. I think like I just I love Taro, But I cannot comprehend it. Listen. So if I give myself a reading, I'm like, I have to look up what every single thing means.
Speaker 2: If that's not First of all, it's perfectly fine to look things up. What do you like a pro taro reader grifting for money in times square? Then you don't need one day? God will it? If I'm lucky, then you listen. If you're reading for money, you should know the cards inside and out. Period. But if you're just reading for yourself, look things up. In fact, I know the cards inside out. I know all seventy eight cards, but I still will look up an interpretation. Why because there's so many different schools of thought. Right, So you what this person, what Rachel Pollak says compared to this person, compared to what I put in my book all going to be similar but different. And there you can just keep expanding. And the other thing about Tara cards is my definition. My interpretation of them changes constantly, or as I learn. So I hear you that you can't read it or learn it for yourself. But like, and I don't even have my book here, I'm the worst. I have the box, I don't have the book. Right, But there's a full side. There's a big book in there which also is memoir essays in it. Twenty two Memories is about my sort of gen X life. But basically I break it down and if you ever spent more than three hours, give yourself three hours to learn a deck, and you'll probably know the ins and outs, because I bet you you've never done that. I know you've pulled out your cards and you've read them, but have you ever actually spent a couple hours learning the cards? No? I have, I have you a little bit.
Speaker 1: But what I will say, I have read your book, but I read mainly just the essays. Like that was like the I was like, oh, I want to hear more stories from read no listen.
Speaker 2: I actually appreciate that because I worked really really hard on that book. I wrote it by'm a big girl self. It was challenging project. But the way I break it down in the book makes it simple. Like if you try to learn seventy eight cards, that's very intimidating, right, I don't want to know seventy eight anything, but if you start thinking about it. There's four suits in the deck that represent earth, air, fire, water. You know that cups pentacles, right, is.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, wands.
Speaker 2: And swords, so those all correspond those are that's four things you gotta learn.
Speaker 4: Earth that's earth energy.
Speaker 2: It's like practical day to day things, money, Air, that's mind, which represents swords, which is your intellect and you know, making decisions and things like that. Cups your emotions which is water. And what do I leave at wands which is your fiery creative energy. So you can You're not gonna learn them as like just say them now, but if you learn those four things, that's it, right.
Speaker 1: And numerology too, right, Yes, that was my next thing.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, if you learn ten things, all fourteen things altogether, which is the four suits that I just mentioned, and then I break it down in the book, I talk about the numerology of the cards. So let's say I say to you five. You know, twos is maybe partnership and working together and working things out and just trying to juggle on life. But what twos represents coming together with another person, duality of self. But let's take five because that's a difficult number in numerology, not difficult, but it represents change. So it can be either good change, bad change, but change even if it's great. Change can often feel like sandpaper on the skin, right, like friction.
Speaker 4: So if I say to you swords five of swords.
Speaker 2: And you've never picked up a deck, You've never been looked at one. But I tell you that fives is conflict and change and swords is mind and words, well then it's conflict and change in words. It's like the five card then represents perhaps some conflict in how you communicate. Or let's take the five of cups conflict and change. But we're talking about cups, which is what roz your emotional life.
Speaker 1: Water life, Yeah, your water. You cut me off.
Speaker 2: No, no, sorry, because I realized I didn't want to put you on the spot.
Speaker 1: I didn't kidd at all.
Speaker 2: I don't I might learner. No, it's fine, and I'm kind of feeding through it. But my point is, if you learn in numerology, you know conflict and change. Five. Now, if I tell you it's a cup card, you got the five of cups, it's going to be me perhaps conflict and change or resolution of conflict and change. Those are the choices basically on the surface level with that card. So any five is going to present a little conflict in change challenge and how you respond to that is where you're at in life. Like, let's take another card, the High Priestess.
Speaker 1: Do you know her ros she's sickening.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, like when I first started reading tarot, and that was again I was very young. But let's say when I really dealt in, I had a deck where the High Priestess looked like the meanest Catholic nun you've ever seen, Like she's ninety and mean like, so I was like, you know, f the High priest is I don't even get that. Now that I'm a grown up, I get why I was like that, because the High Priestess represents wisdom and knowledge but also the ability to shut your trap, Rachel. That's why I didn't get it when I was younger, because I'm a talker and edit a neurotic. So I had to learn about the High Priest's card where she knows enough to keep her mouth shut. She doesn't give away all her secrets or you know, people are talking over there. She doesn't have to add her two cents, she can just take in the knowledge. So as a grown up, I love that card. Now I love her so much, And as a kid, twenty year old. I was so intimidated by her. So a lot of the times my dynamic with the cards shifts because I have come into a better understanding of myself. The reason I say terrorist that you could sell soothing card to Roz is like, let's say you're really one of your friends really annoyed you, and you're just so mud right, and you know you're gonna call them up and be like, you've really pissed me off. I'm like, hey, hey, wait, go do not you, but anyone right can be in that situation. Go do a tower reading and calm yourass down first, so you can figure out why you're really mad. Are you really mad because they said that thing? Or you I'm mad because you feel a little abandoned by them. They haven't been around as much and so it's triggering your abandonment issues from childhood. So now everything they do is annoying you. You know what I'm saying, It really helps. It's like a shrink in a box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I love for it. You're so good at talking about this stuff. I mean, you have done this for a very long time, so no I have.
Speaker 2: It's like, again, it's a passion of mine. And I think when I was younger, I thought, well, you know, you can only do one thing right, acting, and like that's it and that and that kind of was true. Back in the nineties. It was like if you did anything else orout any other interests, you must not be an Opka. And now things are really different, right, and I'm like, this is something I enjoyed doing. I also I also sew and make clothes. I also write books. I you know, I would say that I'm an artist, and you know, the medium is sort of arbitrary, right.
Speaker 4: It could be fabric it could be writing, it could be this.
Speaker 2: But again, with Taro it helps me calm myself down enough to get out of my own way.
Speaker 1: Taro two is one of these things, like a lot of things like drag for example, where I'm like, oh, yeah, I think it's amazing and like it's so cool that so many people are into it nowadays. But if you did it like before it got super cool and popular, then you're extra cool.
Speaker 2: It's true. Although you know, I try to remember that everything comes in cycles, right, But I do know what you mean because there were people who were there in the beginning who were doing it and now especially with drag, you see so many people benefitting and they have no idea the struggles that other people went through.
Speaker 1: Did you feel stigma as a tarot reader like in your younger days?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't know. When I was very young, I didn't really read. I mean, I read some of my friends, so no, do you know what I mean? But there when I was younger, there was this stigma around I think the culture of any of that. We were coming out of the Satanic panic in the end right with the eighties, so coming into the nineties, there was still this vestigial thing of anything untoold is the devil. Like for example, you know, there's at least six different girls over the years have come up to me and gone, you know, I didn't read for the craft because the Bible and the devil, and I go, wasn't your PARTNERL don't worry about it? Like why are you even talking about this? So you know, it's really just depends on where someone's what they connect to it. And for me, I'm like, I will do anything to feel better naturally in my body. I did read or other people before I wrote the book, and I was kind of doing it because I thought I was going to get a script idea out of it, and instead I wrote a book, which you have and you've read. But I think that, you know, there's a lot of people who are like, it's it's devil thing, or it's bad or a grister, And I get that there are a lot of gristers out there who were like the first readings ten books, but you're now on the fourth reading. I'm going to tell you your curse and you're gonna pay me thousands of dollars now and.
Speaker 1: Get it removed. And if you buy the special elixir that I've made you, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's that's actually really hard for me and aed anything, right, because like even on I'm on TikTok, right, and I put up a post about how like, listen, as a grown up, I'm going to attribute sunblock to my skin staying all right, and everyone's like, what kind of sunblockable kind of And I was like, listen, let me to influence you. It doesn't matter which everyone is closest to you, which everyone's on sale, which everyone's packaging is the prettiest, Like, it doesn't matter because it's all the same ingredients. So my thing is like I'm not I'm like, I'm not trying to sell anything, and then I'm like, hey, I want people to buy my book, sure to edify themselves, but as far as the rest of it, it's very untunnable to me when people are like, I'm not gaykeeping, but here's this product you need to buy. Girl, you're not. You're manipulating me with that phrase. I'm not gatekeeping. You're a salesperson, and you're presenting it as if you're doing me a favor. Now it's we'd a weird time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, whether.
Speaker 2: It's products or tero or anything, I'm like, you really have to be careful out there. And again, I'm such a Scorpio slash of Capricorn rising. I don't want anyone else to read for me. I would rather learn to read myself because I'm probably better at it. That's such good.
Speaker 1: Well, you're also like sharing your knowledge and gift. You're literally like, here you learn how to do, which is so nice and opposite of what a lot of people. Because I always talk about psychics, I always tell me that I'm like pretty psychic, but I always feel like they only say that because I'm not psychic enough that I could steal their business. They're like, yeah, you're like a little psychic. But if I was amazing, I feel like they wouldn't tell me because then I would like snatch up all their clients.
Speaker 2: Know I think it's psychic, you know, in alignment with their higher consciousness or whatever you want to call it, would probably encourage you to develop it. But like you like, I once called into a famous psychic some you know. They were on a radio show and I somehow got through and the first thing they said was I go hello, and they go, oh, okay, you have a lot of psychic ability yourself, don't you. And I was like, oh, look at them, knowing they can't like bullshit me here. They're psychic enough to pick up that I have that energy too, but that you know, but they also are like, oh, okay, gonna have to walk a little differently when you know it's someone that's gonna hold you account of all. I argue with that, not argue, but there is a bull can. I talk on a regular basis and one of the things we'll say is I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, everyone, have I got cool?
Speaker 2: She's fabulous. It's one of my favorite people. And I'm like, everybody's magical and she's like, no, they're not, and I'm like, Nope, yes they are. It's just you know, how developed are you? Like my friend described it as some people are are in like the Peewee Football League, and other people are you know, are at the super Bowl with where their development is. But part of why I wrote the book and again design the deck is so people can this is the chair is a perfect tool for developing your own psychic abilities, which are in us dormant in most people. And and I'm assuming people listening to this show aren't hyper religious, right, but like if they were, I would say, what, it's not out of alignment with Christ consciousness or whatever your bag is. It's literally a way to clear the channel so you can hear your divine's message clearer and without your ego free supposing on it what you want, because frankly, I think that's the hardest thing for people in reading cards is getting their ego out of it, their ego desire like, well, this is what I want it to.
Speaker 1: Be, you know that's my problem. I'm like, well, there's so many interpretations of each cut. Maybe it's this one.
Speaker 2: You know what, I get that because I believe me I'm human. I do the same thing. But I also am like a score, So I'm like, don't bullshit a bullshiter me being the bullshoner. I'm trying to bullshit, right, I'm like, I actually want it straightforward, and I want to know what's going on, because that's the only way it's helpful. If it's just a lot of hot air being blown at my ass, Like, how's that any different than all my years of Hollywood? Right, it's all this noise. But if it's the truth, then I can take that and springboard and then that's there's an action I can do based on that information, which I think is really helpful. Like again, there's just tools that can help people be more connected. And I think right now we're in a moment in time where we put anyone who buys a new deck, we put them on a pedestal. Let me go, they're gonna read by card. Like I'm not. You can be any age just as an agent. So I know twenty year olds are amazing readers, by the way, but that twenty year old is put in years of experience to get to that point to be or you know, hours, I should say, it's not even years it's more like how much time do you dedicate because isn't the true story around? Like before the craft script showed up and I talk about it in the book, like my TV broke and I didn't even have cable. I think I said three you know whatever channels back a lyving in Venice, and I was like, oh god, I got to fix this TV. And then my intuition kick teams like Nata, Nata, you have other things you're supposed to be doing, and TV sub distraction because I'm American, I love TV, you know. And then though I was like, all right, I'm going to listen to the voice that says don't fix it. And I really I had copious grimoires, meaning just notebooks full of every write down, every reading every day. How do you get to know the cards that's child? You know? I would do the readings, write down each and every card, look those cards up. That way I could see what patterns were happening. If you do reading every day, you'll start to notice I'm getting all cup cards, or I'm getting all major cards, or I'm getting all the same cards. So that all of that really helped me get to learn chera. And then my two dude friends showed up months later and they were like, oh my god, it's like you're your TV. It's just so wire and they fixed it in like two seconds, and I was like I know, and I was like, yay, GV, I'm American. And then the craft script showed up like literally the next week, so all that time and I didn't have the TV that was prep wor for the movie that I didn't know was coming, and it really was because I remember a guy friend came over retrospect he might have been hitting on me, and I was like, hey, Tero, so he goes up, Wow, you're really serious about this high, like you're really into it, and I was like I yeah, yeah, but it's calming to me. And I didn't grow up. Everyone's parents mostly did the best they could, even if it wasn't what you wanted. But I don't think I was taught South soothing. We're gen X. They were like, shut the fuck up, that's what like that was the comfort we got, like stop your whining. So you know, developing a pattern to comfort myself was important. And I encourage everyone listening to go out there and get a jack, whether it's mine or anyone else is like my deck I designed to feel like a closer. You're hanging out with a good friend, not a friend of me, like a friend you love. And I feel like a favorite blanket. Now I have many decks. I pull out the thoughts deck when I'm like, give it to me, brutal, kill me, kill me, now, tell me. I want to see the blood. So he'll drag up that you know and like ride or wait. Fantastic deck to start on. Even though it's mostly you know, the original images by Pamela Colman Smith, who is mixed. They're very Anglo images, right, So it's like once we get past that and we just look at the imagery itself and.
Speaker 4: The story it is telling.
Speaker 2: Writer Wait Smith does one of the best jobs in storytelling because ra's the magic isn't in the card. If I pull out this card and I say what do you see in this card? You're going to see.
Speaker 4: Something completely different than what I'm going to see.
Speaker 2: You know, you may look at him and be like them and be like cups, Yeah, like what do you when you look at this card? What is your into?
Speaker 4: A can tell you right now what are you getting from this card? And I'm sure it's hard to see, but you can tell.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that he is like, honey, it is all good. Like he's just like looking at the room like everyone wants to be me, but I'm good with it, Like I'm in a good place and it's all good.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I love your interpretation of that, by the way, because first of all, I say true or intuitive terraak because we want you to use your intuition. That's literally what you just did, right. It also is at work. Cards which confuse people so much, are just simply other people. But mostly they are sides of ourselves. That's it. It's a side of yourself, so around and this surrounds emotional life pups. Right, So you know what this tells me about ros That Ross is probably in a pretty good place. I'm saying emotionally and secure wise, Like no, I'm pretty good, but inside yourself, I could be totally wrong. You can get off and be like I cry every day. I don't know, but I'm saying you your interpret your impression of this card is very upbeat. I look at him because I'm cynical today and I'm like, he's like, I'm gonna take you out on a date, but it's a disc cup for that cup, I'm like a little boy with my cups. That's literally my interpretation of it today. Something I'm going to be emotionally draining to me. Now, that is the LoVa. If you were to reverse this card, meaning and reversals are just blocked and energy people. Right, it's either upright and flowing in a good vibe or it's reversed and it's a little block. And how you can tell is, let's say, for example, me if I got this card and I'm looking at the King of Cups and today I'm not seeing his joyful side like ros did. I'm seeing someone's gonna drown me in their fucking river at the bottom. So that's but who does I give you insight to me right now about men? Right? So again, it's very like if we look at anyone from the past and ignore their horrible misogyny, racism and everything else. Right, So let's take a young Carl Young who you know, let's forget what he said about lots of groups of people who do didn't look exactly like him. But some of the psychology things that Carl Jung was talking about, they're all in this deck. This is literally the fool's journey, you know, the arc type of being born till when you die, and these are YOUNGI and arch types. So I think it's, like I said, it's a way to psychoanalyze yourself. But by doing that, you free yourself of your ego and your bullshit, and then you're able to lock into what you're truly feeling instead of the mask we wear all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sound like I'm an obsessive fan, but I've also I also have the audible recording of you tell to you actually speaking of and like, I'm having this problem that I have sometimes when I have on guests where I'm like, I'm I feel like an audience member. I forget that I'm also on this podcast right now because I'm like so like into every second of what you're saying. Have you ever, like, I mean, I'm sure you've like taught classes and stuff, right Like you seem like a professor. How much you know about this now?
Speaker 2: I'm just old.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to talk about like a couple of other things too. First of all, do you consider this like paranormal? Like when you hear that word paranormal, does that like go along with taro for you, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say yes and no. Like when I was younger.
Speaker 4: Sure, I loved it when I was a kid, Like I got my first deck at eight, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, witches, you know what I mean. It's like I'm just so expogic, which is now as a grown I sort of look at it as Yes, it's a part of that. It's a gateway drug to opening up your psychic abilities. You can quote me on that. That's great, you know what I mean, But it is it's a bit of a gateway drug to opening that up. Buying a deck or being gifted at decks suddenly make you like the world's greatest psychic no or intuitive person. Know, you have to develop it.
Speaker 4: It's a muscle like anything else.
Speaker 2: So first, being paranormal, it is useful for those situations, but I don't actually look at it as Colonel. It can tell your future, but not until you're clear about your present. That's kind of the truth, you know. Chris carl Jung says, the best way to interpret I'm paraphrasing, the best way to predict the future is to understand how the present evolved out of the past. That's psychology, not magic, right, but it is kind of I think the alchemy of figuring out yourself is magical. By the way, and you've probably had here's a thing I'm gonna segue into this because I'm sort of embarrassed I haven't had. You know, Everyone's like I see ghosts every day, Rachel. I'm like, I don't, like, I don't at all. I wish I don't wish I did. But I think some people are Claire, you know, Claire Audi and Claire Visual, Claire, all these different Claires that you can be Claire sentient, Claire Danes, Claire Danes. I'm not very Claar dance today. But I don't really see things as much as I sense or hear, like I'm more clear audio audio.
Speaker 1: Audience, Audiah audience girl.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because like when i'm when my intuition kicks in, it's usually like this little like a rustling noise in the back of my head, and that's probably my sign to like pay attention to whatever little whisper is floating through my head.
Speaker 4: But it's more like I hear it or I see.
Speaker 2: It in my mind. I rather than there's a kind of strung like I wish, But you know, I've been places cities where I can kind of be there and and look around and kind of almost see sometimes things shift to a different time. But I think that's time travel.
Speaker 1: Really think you shut time travel.
Speaker 2: I don't know time travel, but I've always felt like I like fall through time, right. And then I'm on TikTok listening to the girl and was like, I have time blindness. I can't show up anywhere on time. Wow. And I was like I knew what. I actually hear her. Everyone's making fun of her, but I kind of understand what she's saying. Now. The other thing is like eighteen year old well then said it alarm.
Speaker 1: You know, like I thought, what you're gonna talk about TikTok is there's there's a whole thing. I mean, people have done this on YouTube or whatever for forever where it's like somebody with like their voices distorted and like they've come back from the year twenty fifty so and they're here to tell you everything that's happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, again, I wish, but like nice grifted, that's what I say.
Speaker 1: I always am like, let me just hear them out. Does it say anything about me being president.
Speaker 2: What sign are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a Libra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, well, okay, that's oh, that makes sense why you're so pretty.
Speaker 2: Libras are all about resignment and beauty and all those and air sign but I'm surprised you'll hear them out. Maybe it is yourn airs, like because I'm a water side, I'm like, shut up your big phony.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't believe any of it, and I do want to scroll past. But I also have time on my hands. Well I'll just.
Speaker 4: Girl, so do I.
Speaker 2: But when I said time traveler, what I meant by that when I was younger is I could be sitting here and just this is an endpath thing, which is what I'm working on. My next book is about for m pass. But I can be sitting here and then like a memory will come in, but it's all of a sudden, I'm there, like the smells, the sounds, the taste of being there. So that may be just an actor thing, but it literally will feel like I'm sliding through, you know. And so what I've started to do is when I end up sliding through and I'm like in the Brooklyn apartment I had when I was nineteen, you know, and all of a sudden I'm there. Instead of being like whoa, it's opening like I normally am, I'm like, oh, let me clean, let me fluff that, and give her a pep talk. You know I'm here. Yeah, So I don't know if she's hearing me, meet young me. It's hearing me or seeing me. But I'm like, caln, I shift the future that way. I won't say when I was young. Ever, since I was very little, I dealt with sleep paralysis a lot, and I feel it's so rough. Man. It's not as bad now that I'm a grown up, but it would happen.
Speaker 1: You sleep on your back.
Speaker 2: I'm a sound sleeper, actually sometimes on my back like a corpse. But then I'm like, what if I die like this? That's weird.
Speaker 1: So does it happen? How does it happen? Like how are you saying?
Speaker 2: It could happen anytime? Like as a kid on my back on my side in a car, in a thing. But I would be hyper aware that I was awake and I'm in a car.
Speaker 1: I have never even heard somebody's tell I mean, it would make that it could happen anywhere, But like, oh, that's scary.
Speaker 2: In a car is like an eight year old and and the thing that happens for me is like, because you're not a dream state at first, I'll force myself to go back into one, but like you're really aware you're in your body, you cannot move it. You feel like you're paralyzed, and you're might be in a you think you're in a coma or something like that. And when it happened in the car, I was like floating above myself, kind of watching myself sleep. And I remember as a kid being worried, I can't do that. You have to stay with your body because A you don't want to be paralyzed, but b you're in a car, Like what if? What if you leave your body and you can't get back to it? That was my eight year old break or what if?
Speaker 1: Like a freeway sign was all of that's right.
Speaker 2: They clocked me on that, But I do think, you know, there's a lot of theories, like back in the Middle Ages, they were like, it's because a demon is sitting on your chest. Reach that's what I thought, But I think that, uh, sleep paralysis is an in between state that can be utilized for astral production totally.
Speaker 4: That's what I think, you know, And so as an adult, I don't freak out about it.
Speaker 2: I go, oh, okay, I'm dreaming. Great, let's see what I can do. You know, Can I walk to the moon? And I try to be consciously maneuvered. It's a little tougher though, because sometimes it's scary. You're like aware that you're asleep, but maybe you're not. I've had a couple of times where it did feel like someone was entering into the room and watching me, and I was like, is I just are in Venice? When I lived in Venice? And I was like, is it an alien? Because You're like, it could be. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I always say about sleeperroll, this is you know a lot of people have to say, oh, there's scientific reasons why it happens, Sure, great, whatever, But I also think that it also can be like that could be a real energy of some sort. It could be a spirit, it could be I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do wonder, but I'm not sure. But here, well, let me tell you about my latest crisis. Because you know, I'm all woo woo and whatever. That's the most airy fairy because I'm not actually very practical with my Capricorn rising, you know, like I'm the first to be like prove it. Yeah, you know, I'm very cynical when it comes to stuff like that. But one of the things I'm trying to write through and work for right now, because I'm like, all right, writing this book for empaths and how amazing it is to be so sensitive. And you know, the kids are so overwhelmed by it, right They're like, I'm an EmPATH and you know, so it's kind of like for that if you're feeling overwhelmed. But and I was so gung ho, and then I had to do a routine. I was having stomach issues, had to do a routine procedure to exploratory just to check out my gut, and I fucking have an allergic reaction. I ask for it. They have to intubate, Like I almost die because I'm allergic to whatever anesthesia there there, you know, And I wake up in a puddle of my own vombit. I'm like, oh, I got it. So anyway, the week all that to say, the next five days after that, this is like two months ago. All I could think was, there's nothing, There's nothing, You're just dead. If you die, you're just dead, because I was really freaked out because I thought the last thing I'd be dead, like if they hadn't managed to revive me, I just begad. And so that kind of threw me into a chizzy of like what if there's not And I've never actually felt like I don't feel like there's nothing. I'm just wor you know, these are the things I talked through with myself. People who are listening. It doesn't mean I believe what I'm saying. Is this what I love to do s her for to help me suss out my uh, you know, conflicting opinions on things, right, But.
Speaker 1: That's also the human experience, I think, so to not know and to question and have moments where.
Speaker 2: But I was so sure before it happened.
Speaker 1: Have you ever like you kind of touched on this but whether you believe it or not or whatever, have you had experiences where you're like, I think that was a ghost or I was out of place and everyone else said that that was a ghost, but I don't believe it, or like I don't know anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, I definitely, like I said, I don't see I sensed more, but sure I've definitely been in many places that I'm like, the ground is sour, you know, it's crazy out there, like energetically. Like I was in New Orleans last year working, and that's a really conflicted, haunted city. Man. Yeah, you know, with a lot of there's a lot of anger underneath it too. And I mean the people I'm talking about the actual ground in history, there's a lot of tension there and that to me is a lot is a lot of those unsettled spirits, right who haven't left maybe because of the trauma that was inflicted. I did go to one of the cemeteries that's slightly outside of New Orleans, and it has it has a beautiful pyramid shape crip. That's why I wanted to go there, you know, and photograph it. But so I'm walking around in the area I'm in in the cemetery. It was called Millionaire's Row, you know, very fancy section of the cemetery that like in eighteen ninety six, that's where you would have been buried if you were fancy. And I'd taken all these pictures, absolutely stunning, and then all of a sudden, I went it hit me like a bolt of lighting. It wasn't from me. It was like from above or the side. It was like you were in the la siu dad de las bertas time to leave. Like it was so strong that this message was like great, great, time to go. And I was like, okay, okay, now is that a ghost? Is that a thing? Is that? I feel like? It's like messages can come from anywhere, right, So I don't know if that was from a deceased ghost or a spirit or I don't know that I necessarily like these are my guides, but I do know there's been times in life where I haven't listened. Like, let me tell you. When I was a kid, I was used to complain that my dad didn't buy that loft in Soho for five thousand dollars. How could you pass that up? That's what it was that he could have done, right. But as an adult I had a little messenger from God sit down at my table. This is at the Kentucky Derby literally say to me, sitting chatting with us, and then goes this horse do that. And I'm not a gambler, So I was like, wait, I didn't fat on it, but if I didn't also that this for other people listening or get insecure about how they look. I seriously, the only reason I think I did not get up and go make this bet at the time is I just felt uncomfortable in my body. You know, maybe my weight was heavy or I didn't like whatever it was. I was like, oh, I'm just gonna sit here, bitch. If I just wind place or showed I would walk with a million dollars based on a fifty dollars bet.
Speaker 4: So that's like an angel message that I missed.
Speaker 2: We all have the no girl, and I knew it. I was like, I should get up, and there was a voice, the little whispering said you should make this bet. And I'm not, again not a gambler, but like fifty bucks, right, I could have done that or whatever I did in and I regret it. But we all have those moments like I said, my dad not buying you know, a loft and so for five thousand dollars, probably an angel said to him there's a good yeah, here's the thing you can get in on. He was like, no, thanks. We all have these moments.
Speaker 4: So now I just try to listen to where my intuition is kind of crackling to.
Speaker 2: Just get up, make the bet or do the thing, or take the chance or whatever it is to be bolder, you know, because I think a lot of us, including myself, have a lot of fear. A lot of a lot of our decisions are motivated by fear. A lot of our anxieties and jealousies, they're motivated by fear, right, fear of being abandoned alone or whatever it is. So I'm like, oh, okay, I get it. Like for me, it's about working through that fear and then sometimes back to like ghosts and stuff out there, I'm like, why are you still here? Where's the here? Like it actually breaks me out sometimes because I'm like this just is this just electricity, like the the you know, essence of a ghost of a ghost and the actual spirit is somewhere else Because it makes me sad. Sometimes I'm like what if that's the world spirit and they're just stuck there?
Speaker 1: Like I think a lot of times it's sad. I yeah, right, even like where it's like, no, this is a happy ghost, but it's like yeah, but are you happy? But you're like one of those people that is like happy because they love talking about their high school days? Still, is it like that kind of happened.
Speaker 2: Fine, weren't you popular in high school? Though? Look at you?
Speaker 1: No, I was not, but girl police, I didn't fierce like this until a couple of years ago. Okay, one thing that I really want to ask you about that people love talking about, and I'm just curious if you have any thoughts on this being one of the most iconic stars of one of the most iconic horror movies, the whole idea of spooky things happen on the set of spooky movies, like what do you what do you think of that? I mean, did any of that happen for you guys?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, they said they picked I think to just sing meno mano mano is a faith, you know, that's a spring in France.
Speaker 1: I remember reading that your book and like, I actually didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, okay, which I which I kind of like because I'm more of the I had to head my bets in a kind of agnosticy way. I'm like you, I don't know would be you know, So I'm glad we didn't use a real deity, you know what I'm saying? Just in Okay, I don't want to summon Kuthulu or whatever. I do think some things happened because, you know, Fruz and I were the two who were into the subject matter, who drove our asses into I don't even know how far deep Valley I had to drive to go to Pat Devin, who was our witch consultant. She had they were having a Beltane festival. So Fruz and I are the two went to that and participated, and we're really into it. So I think when you're talking about a movie like this, sometimes, yes, sometimes those things do happen, Like there was a white owl that moved around from set to set. And I don't think that people don't get about magic or you know, things that are outside our perception, and to me, they're usually kind of quiet. It's not suddenly like the big micheline Man ghost Marshmallow puff Man appears outside your window and it's a spectral phenomenon. That's just not how it happens. It's more like an energy and a synchronicity. Like the store, the witch store that was some dude's apartment actually, which was a really cool apartment in East Hollywood.
Speaker 1: When I first moved to La I looked up where it was and still to this day, every time I drive through Hollywood, I'm like, if I'm with them, and I'm like, do you recognize that?
Speaker 2: Right? It's right there on Holly. I think it's on Hollywood Boulevard, not even Sunset, it's Hollywood. So so that was someone's apartment and they, you know, set decorated it for the movie. So there was a table with hundreds of journals on them, you know, or at least one hundred or more. So we're like action rolling and the what. I pick up a journal and I open it and there's writing in it, and I'm like, oh wow, they're so thorough, these Hollywood professionals. And then they're like cut and the guy who's a partner's like, who's that's my journal? That's why journal? Out of all those books, I stuck it in there, and you picked up my journal. So I'm saying, that's kind of magic in its own way, isn't it that there was an energetic connection to this thing that I just intuitively, out of all the ones, that's the one because it probably had some energy coming off it, rather than a blank set book that had been bought just to be a prop.
Speaker 1: Do you know which goes along with your story of when your TV broke and you know, gave you time to focus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's like if you start to pay attention to the small things, right, So if you're just starting out and you're like, oh, wow, I noticed that there's this synchronicity here. If you start to pay attention to the synchronicities, now, I don't mean go crazy and be like I got to tote and that means like, girl, it means you look at the clock probably you know, because that's why I've got to say. This is where I'm a little cynical, right, I'm like, you have to off and raiser things.
Speaker 4: You have to get rid of.
Speaker 2: What's the simplest explanation. You always have to look at the simplest, you know, scientific way before you before you go to the woo woo with things. But I don't know, I know I'm digressing all over the place. I think for me, I believe in it all. I just think a healthy dose of skepticism is how we don't get taken advantage of in this world. And let's face it, like spirituality, tarot card seances, all of that, you know, started with some real griftory people in America back one hundred years ago or more, and it was a trend to, you know, set up a fake room and do you know, like just put on a show really and my thing is with Tara, like it's not a parlor trip actually, so I that's probably why you don't see me doing too many public readings. Although I dook a Patreon where we talked taro and I'd read for people a little bit on there. It's more of an informal tarot talk a little bit of learning, but it's not a proper class class class saying, got time for that, frankly. But I think it's about accepting there are lots of things around that I don't know. Again, let's go back to the ghost for a second. I've sat a freedom, you know, because I feel like if your energy is bound here, like to a barn in New Jersey, you deserve a better life.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, I agree, but I also think sometimes like if they don't want to be free, like if they're like free me, baby, I want to go like okay, then fine, maybe I'll help you, like I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: But by the way, I did stay with a boyfriend and his family's like it's we're our farmhouse is haunted. That shit? Was that ghost? I was like, is it a racist ghost because it seems to be really annoyed with me the wife.
Speaker 1: Why was it annoyed?
Speaker 2: It could have probably wasn't anything to the race, but it seemed like like I remember I put my cup down and moved away. I'd come back in the room and the cup is on the floor now and no one had been in there, you know, And it wasn't like I walked away in this ceramic teacup. I would have noticed, you know, if I'd knocked it over. It was moving things around, but it was doing it a lot, a lot. And the guy was like, oh, yeah, I guess when it's irritated. And I was like, just get me out of it here then, because the last thing I wanted like an angry ghost on my back.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about. These are the ghost stories I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: This is great. I don't really have to ready though, like is it Although you know, after my dad died, which was a long time ago in the early aughts, I am so conscious of his energy around. Believe me, I was sad I missed my dad that he died, but I was like, she's your dad. You're here all the time, Like go to the Yangsee River where you said you wanted to go and you never got to go. Like it actually started to feel like the energy was there so much that I had to have like a little chat and say, listen, it's all good, Like it's all good if you're here because you feel dot dot dot dot dot, whatever the stuff might be, it's all good. It's all good because the thing I realized it's a living person and listens to people who are like I hate my parents, and I get it. Some of you that's so valid, as your parents did you wrong, But the rest of you, I'm like, listen, once they're dead, there's no one to argue with accept their ghosts.
Speaker 1: But when you say like his energy was around all the time, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, like you know how you'll feel like again, I don't really see there's a form of what over. What I do is I'll walk in a room and I'll just feel the energy from a section of the room. You know, I suppose it's like when the cat stares in the corner too long, You're like, what is there? Yeah, are you looking at probably nothing, but it could be a doorway to another dimension for all I know. You know it could be. So I'll just feel like almost like a heat signature thing over there. It's not eat necessarily, but I'm saying almost like you would see a heat signature. Yeah. So I you know, there's certain sections of rooms I just won't want to sit in or be in if I feel because my dad's energy felt like it felt bad, like and this could all be a projection from my mind grass, right, but I felt the energy and I felt like said, there was like this heaviness to it, and so that's why I was like, it's all good, man, you know what I mean, Like it's all good. There's no need to feel heavy or bog down or tied to this earth because of X, Y and Z. But also my dad was his mother or grandmother was a Romanian gypsy do so you know, I'd like to think some of it came from there, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And didn't she like see the future? Wasn't that like something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a little I mean you can't like, let's sidebar to that. You can definitely use teraparts to tell your future. Absolutely, They're a great tool. For helping you develop your intuition and your you know, you're all your clear senses to be able to tell the future. But again, future to me is so malleable. It's all based on your choices, right, So.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's like predetermined, like you know.
Speaker 2: I mean again, I'm agnostic. I'm like, yo, maybe yeah, but I don't really know for sure. I don't think so. I think we're presented with a fair amount of choices and options. You know. I believe we have choices that are so big they switch the path we're going down, for sure. But we make those choices. So I think everything's predetermined like a chess piece on a board, or like a TV show that's already been filmed and we're just playing through our parts. I don't I personally don't feel that doesn't mean that's true. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 4: For all I know, I'm like a non player character in a shitty game.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I want to do because we don't have a ton more time.
Speaker 2: But if you can cut out the sections where I babble too much, right.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? What you might consider babbel is gold. I'm wondering if I like pull one card. If you could help me interpret ittely? Is one card like enough? That's usually what I do because I'm here's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to start. Yeah, sure, pull one card? Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay? And do you recommend I ask a question of the deck or I think.
Speaker 2: It depends on what you want to do. I think it is helpful to ask a question. Decks are not always so great with you or no, because once again, that yes or no depends on what choice you make to get to that yes or no. Right, So I would say it's up to you. Like that's the thing I think people don't forget about her. A lot of it really is dealer's choice. Do you If I don't have a question on my mind, I'll just be like, what's the general energy? And then I pull a general one. If you have a specific question like are they gonna ask me out? Or am I going to get that job?
Speaker 1: Then yes, that question?
Speaker 2: You know? So you do you? Okay? Well?
Speaker 1: See, I think this might be kind of an interesting conversation because you know, I've been around this town for a long time and been a lot of joints, have you, I've sort of managed to be able to survive making people laugh and talking about ghosts and whatever. But I've always kind of been terrified of like being on TV. But I really have always been like, I don't know if I want like that. It scares me. It just has always scared me. Okay, And so talking to somebody that has also have you know, has experience with that. And then also at the time of this recording, my first ever television show that I'll be one of the stars of was just announced and at the time of the release of this show will be after it has already been premiered all eight episodes.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I can't wait to watch this. I've I've heard about it for a while. I'm super excited. In fact, if you get another season, can you bring me as your sister friend? Yeah? I really it goes on.
Speaker 1: We can just do that anyway in LA just for fun, you and me. Okay, But okay, So I don't know exactly what I want to know, but I kind of just want to know, like I don't know, some sort of guidance from the deck and you about like as I enter this next stage of my life.
Speaker 4: So that's a great question. But like, as I enter this next stage of my life.
Speaker 2: What should I keep in mind? You know, that might be a nice general that's a general one to ask.
Speaker 1: Okay, and how do you recommend I pull one? Does it matter?
Speaker 2: It's you know again, here's the thing. It's about developing your own ritual. So for years and years and years, my ritual was shuffle, suffer, shuffle, split it into three parts, stack it back up, and take off the top. And I had to do it like that or I was a neurotic creak. Now I'm like, I don't give a fuck. However you want to do it, because it is about your own thing. So if you want to shuffle and just pulling out the middle, that's great. If you want to take it off the top, it's really your choice, and I'm encouraging you to go with. Sometimes what I'll do is just shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, and I'll run my hands like this across the deck and I'll get a little electric shock from one and I'll take that card.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I do have I do have a way that I do it, which is this is to tell you more about who I am. I just basically mush them around and then when one of them falls out. Then I go, that's the one that wanted to be. And if a couple of them fall out, it's whichever one I looka.
Speaker 2: It's so Libra, it's there. I can take it or leave it.
Speaker 1: Okay, one just fell out, you guys. Okay, a bunch fell out.
Speaker 2: I think now it's just one. It's just one.
Speaker 1: I got the King of Pentacles.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Okay. So here's my thing that here's how my intuition works. Right, that's a beautiful card. It says it's I have a feeling it's going to do well. King of Pinnacles. The thing you should keep in mind was a question you asked, So listen. I don't know if you spend all the money already. Leaders are pretty good with money though, but I have a feeling that you are so pretty you might have some rising sign influence in there that isn't as great as the Libra side. So my thing is King of Pinnacles. It's gonna bring more opportunity, more money. You're probably gonna get some like branding, you know, people who want you to shock products and things like that. I think you should be super careful with what you pick. Maybe not super careful, but just make sure it's in alignment with you. Yeah, right, because it's so easy to be like I like money. I like money. Don't get me, I do. So you just don't want to start schucking anything and everything. Does that make sense? You're gonna have a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 1: I am like that anyway, I don't, I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the libra. You're gonna have a lot of financial it's financial. First of all, what did we say look at start? Instead of being so like, oh ourds, I don't get it. It's the king. First, it's a king. We know that card that it is. What suit is it? Oh, it's pinnacles. We said. Pinnacles are basic you know, day to day things, reality world money, practical things. And then it's the king. It's kind of the apex, well, the aces, but the apex. It's the person who has all the money is benevolent. They're not a dick about like, they're not a hoarder. You know, they can be if the energy's reversed. But what that is saying to me, King of pinicles, you're coming into a space we're probably going to you know, probably hopefully fingers crossed gets picks up from I feel good about it getting picked up for another season. First of all, So who more money coming in is what I see with King of Pinnacles.
Speaker 1: But so what do I keep in mind is just.
Speaker 2: Don't spend all your money stupidly. Don't spend all your money stupidly. You can spend your money just you know what I'm You know what I mean, Like I love beautiful things too, you know, but at a certain point I had to look around my house and be like Jesus Christ, how many God damn ganess statue do I need?
Speaker 1: You keep me away from a damn crystal store?
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean, Like, you know, it just means that, like don't you're fine for finances.
Speaker 2: But the other thing I see in that, since we're talking about your career, is it'll probable. Oh and look what I just pulled. So we're we're bouncing it off that King of Pinnacles coupled with a wheel of Fortune. It's great.
Speaker 4: It's gonna bring in a lot of Really, I mean, you.
Speaker 2: Already have great opportunities, Like we have the thing if you've never met Rob's it's like very striking energy. You know you have, you have this presence, which you need frankly to be. You know, everyone's like, I could be an actor, I could be on TV. Like, no, you can't. Some of you don't have the charisma that it takes. I know, I'm being tough, heer, but it's actually true. You know, there's a certain energy that has to be able to pop off a person, and that's what people gravitate towards.
Speaker 4: And the people they like on TV.
Speaker 2: And you have that. Not everyone has it. Some people are amazingly clever and smart, but they just can't you know, when they tell a story, it's like this and it's really boring. Yeah, so you're you're the opposite of that, right, You have all these opportunities coming in again, it's the thing it wants you to be. You have a lot, and then you got the magician card.
Speaker 4: Okay, those those are two majors I pulled for you.
Speaker 2: Right. That's the other thing we note as King of Panicles, Wheel of Fortune, magician. So opportunities, opportunities, wheel of fortune, life shifting and changing magician. What do you want to create for yourself next? That's what I think I'd be focused on, because you're already here's the truth you already shot the show, right, It's already you can't so there's nothing else you can do about it other than prepare what you're What did I say? The last card was magician? What is it you want to magic up next? So that you're the.
Speaker 4: Producer next time? You know, not that we want Kristen Seward to be the producer.
Speaker 2: But I'm safe. But you when I say she's the producer, what I mean is as actors or performers from just acting in it, that's amazing, and I get paid. But if I'm producing it, I get a lot. I have a stake in the show. Right, and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm kind of speechless.
Speaker 2: What right? Now? Wait?
Speaker 1: Can you can you pull just one more? I'm just curious what it would be so you had real.
Speaker 2: Well okay again, I will. But this is why I love spreads, because especially when.
Speaker 1: We don't but because we're doing a magic trick right now. Because okay, let me just tell you. Let me just tell you. I when I was manifesting this TV show, I put on my altar the magician, Yeah, wheel of Fortune and one more card?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I bet you're let's say that's why I love her. And you know, like my intuition is pretty developed and it's easier for other people, Like sometimes I can't see myself as I can read for myself, and it's harder. But because I'm guaranteeing you this is not the card you got.
Speaker 1: But this is like a magic trick that's happening right now.
Speaker 2: So the last card that I pulled and yet yet another major right, So this one's interesting because it's also the card that represents scorpios. They don't freak out because it's death, right, But then.
Speaker 1: He's definitely not that one. But I know that's pretty good. Two out of three. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: But wait in my deck and I don't think I have do I have it here? I just want to show you. Really, I think I put it away. Death card is literally a person. I don't think I have it here is literally a person instead of death death death, it's a person going like this, peeling themselves apart so that I knew them can be rebored.
Speaker 1: So this is what I say.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying. Don't I death as a heavy thing. The death that I see for you is the death of the person who's like, I'm just doing a right and I'm you know, in Hollywood and doing it all right, like I don't want to be fair. It's the death of all that bullshit because you do, you do, you do well. But I also I know you do because here's my next car.
Speaker 1: You do because this of pentacles, which.
Speaker 2: You don't need to be a terror reader or mind reader to be like, there's a big hand with a big offering you a huge fucking disc piece of money right there. So I'm not saying you want to be famous, but what I'm saying is you do want to level up, and you do want more money. I know you do, Libra.
Speaker 1: But what I was going to say is a word I know very well is transition. And I do view being just like a local person and then all of a sudden like being on a TV show as like a transition.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's what death represents, the transition exactly.
Speaker 1: That's how I have viewed like a few times in my life where I do feel like one door's closing, another one's open, whatever, And you could view that as like the death card or or like the tower I think you know is like the other one that people get scared of. And I think that sort of has happened a lot of times in my life where I'm like something is ending, but it is good because something is about to bloom and maybe a whole nother phase.
Speaker 2: So I think that is what I see for you. And I'm not saying like you want to be famous, because really the only people who want to be famous are like nineteen year olds who don't understand what fame really means. You know what I mean, because I've certainly not had the j low lifestyle of had a small face of it, and it's a lot. I'm an introverted extrovert. When people crowd around me, I get really sweaty. I don't love that part of it. I actually never really loved going to events and red carpets made me uptime, like all of it was made really anxious, you know. Like right, So I know what you mean about not necessarily wanting all that that I really get loud and clear. But what I do think you want is you are ready to level up, You are ready to lead your own show saying whatever it is. And so this goes hand in hand with that. So what if I were you, what I would be working on with my tar isn't what do I need to do? It's how do I release my fear around my anxiety totally around saying and also listen, you're very charming and fabulous. I think you're gonna get a lot of attention, but I don't know if you're gonna become super famous office.
Speaker 4: So you know, get out of the future, come back to the present.
Speaker 2: But no, I would say that to myself too.
Speaker 1: No know what I'm saying that, but either way, like being thrust into a lot of people now knowing who you are that you don't know is like my biggest fear ever where I'm like, how did you know my name?
Speaker 2: Oh? How do you know me?
Speaker 1: I don't know you? Like all that kind of stuff rosreaks.
Speaker 2: For me yours, I always think, like I'm literally like do we go to school together? Or do I have a booger on my note? Like, well, how do you like it? It makes me super uptight actually, all that stuff around it even though I very much wanted to be an actor and a known actor and I want when I was young, I'm saying I wanted all those things, but the truth is, like it's it is a lot you're just you, and then people are staring at you all the time. It's weird. Yeah, but people stared at you before you were famous, you know, I bet or before you're you in this incarnation because I know for me, when I was like twenty or twenty one, my stepmother was visiting New York City, where I lived, and she was like, oh my god, if the way people are looking at you on the street is any response, you'll probably work a lot. And I guess that's what I mean by that energy thing. You know. It's it's not that I was so the most prettiest or anything, but it's an energy that people were drawn to. And you have the same thing. You're just more libra about it. You know.
Speaker 1: One time I saw you at the grove before I ever met you, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, shut up, really, oh my god, really, I swear to god, I'm such a dork. I really do. Like half the time when I look over I'm like, what did I do wrong? That's where my.
Speaker 1: Brain probably Going back to the podcast that we're on, I feel like that also goes along with your intuitive biness and your energy. I mean, it's all energy, really.
Speaker 2: It is all It is all energy. I try to actually make a bubble around me when I'm out and about because I realize if I'm looking around because I'm nervous, people are looking at me. It's really the same energy as my friends who are looking around, going are they looking at me? I'm famous? So I was like, I need to just block all of that out, you know what I mean. It's a matter whether they're looking at you or not. It's that you just I think, listen back to you. I think it's golden. Nothing is golden, but it's golden. Like I think the show is going to be received well. I think you're going to do well right now, bought out. You should be pitching your show. Oh my god, that's what you should be doing and focusing.
Speaker 1: On I Actually it's kind of reminds me of your story with your TV and all that. When I first got a phone call about this TV show, I was like, I'm going to get this show. They were like, you know, saying like, oh, this show's happening here, are you interested in like interviewing? And I was like, yes, I'm going to get this show. And I went to this metaphysical store and you know, just to get some supplies. I'm a little witchy. I don't call myself a witch, but I'm into it. And there was a woman that was in the line because there was a line at the catcher. Certain she had like a deck of cards and she was like, you want me to read your cards? And I was like okay, and she just had like she was doing it with like regular playing cards and then she like pulled three and she or she like pulled one and she was like, you're up for a job. And then she's like you're going to get the job. And then she's like and it's going to be amazing. She's like, oh my god, you're going to get this job and it's going to change your life and it's going to be huge. She's like does that resonate? And I'm like yes, this is why I'm like literally at the store right now.
Speaker 2: Say that's a little messenger from spirit whatever you want to call it, you know, but it is right because and sometimes I'm like, what was that person Like is there connection or is it just like a bolt of lightning that comes hits that other person And they're like, I have to tell you this, you know, I is a divine and sproall never know because I don't know when I'm picking up on it half the time, or when I'm offering stuff out to people, or I didn't know those cards were going to be the exact ones. Raws, you know, picked up them. But because the one card that was different was death, I'm saying, what can you release to make this easier and better for yourself? You know, like more more productive, more joyful, more fun? Because how fun to be on a TV show, right, ghost hunting something you're passionate about.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's interesting if we do read into this. The other card was the Tent of Pentacles that I had.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. But in your little.
Speaker 1: Magic trick that you just somehow did, I don't know if you went to the magic castle and learned how to choose the right card, but death replaced the Tent of Pentacles. I mean, is there a way to interpret that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? By the way, that's great thing. That's how one should think if you do reading.
Speaker 1: And more than just a pretty faith reach.
Speaker 2: But that's why I used to keep notes on it, because I got one reading one day and then the next thing, all the same cards except for one is different.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what you should be paying at time to do. What was it done and what is it before?
Speaker 2: So I would say list and labor's like I said, they have pretty they get money and they get beauty. But a ton of pentacles usually represents, you know, financial stability, financial happiness. It's also the part of the lost interpretation of that card would be it's a hard it's usually a hard thought thing to get to that position, meaning I mean like fighting, but like it took a lot to get to that ten of pinnacles position. Took a lot of work, took a lot of hard work, took a lot of ups, downs, crying, successes, failures, you know, just to get to that position. So that's why I like the ton of tentacles for you there, because it's not just like eighth of Pinnacles, like here's just a gift of money or the possibility of money. It's like, no, you work for this shit, right and you have over these many many years, and you worked with that audition, you know, like you probably didn't work that hard.
Speaker 4: It's the true of people you just laid it down and were amazing, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But you had to make the tape and do the thing. So what I see I wouldn't look at is one replaces the other so much as how do they work together. I would look into any release around any odd issues around money, because like, if you are like I don't know if I want to be you know, famous or really successful, that might mean there's a place in you where you purposefully or or you know, subconsciously pass up some opportunities that could have put more money in your pocket, you know, along the way, because you subconsciously were like, well, if I do that, then I'll have all this new aggn if I didn't fear about what it's like to be successful.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense what I'm saying, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Also, the only reason that I chose those three cards is because I literally saw somebody on the internet say, if you want to get a job, put these three cards on your own.
Speaker 2: Good. Nothing wrong with that, I would say. I'm like, if you want anysing to happen, there's seventy cards to choose from. There is no magical tarot combination that's going to put money in your pocket or give you a job. There are only the cards that inspire you. Like you pick those cards because that resonated with you, right. But what I'm saying is you could have easily picked the Ace of Discs and other cards that also represent.
Speaker 4: Getting the job and money, that those are the ones you went.
Speaker 2: Through, aren't say? You know, just hard to look through the deck and see what inspires you, because those cards are great and obviously worked, right. But if you look through and you're like, ooh, I really like this chariot card because that's victory and marching forward, then this is my magical card for that spell. Think of it as a spell. Combining these cards together, putting them on an altar, lighting a candle. It's really kind of a spell, right, a prayer a spell. And then I also sidewire. Lastly, I look into I'm working on my fitness right now, but I look at food is a spell for your body? Do the way with foods we've put in our systems. Think about it. It's you're literally saying, here's here's the nourishment I'm giving you. Right, here's a spell for you. How are you operating? How do you feel? On all that? I'm not saying people have to be fit or not eat junk to be magical, but at all at all I know you can do it because I've eaten plenty of jugs and been magical. But I also think there's a reason why spiritual people, you know, did fast before a spell or you know, a ceremony. The body's just zinging a little easier, right, It's not. It's not it's spending energy digesting cheetos. It's it's it's all there.
Speaker 4: She is all working towards the goals that you have in mind.
Speaker 2: But for you again, it's uh, you know, it's interesting pull that Ace of disc you know, which I said could replace death, and the next guard I pulled out was Ace of Wands. For those two aces, that's there's only four in the whole deck. The aces represent the possibility of the entirety of it all. So Ace of diss is literally like all the all the cards that are pinnacle cards, it's all within that one ace.
Speaker 4: You want some more money, it's there. I see you as a producer, oz, do you like?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, like I see when I for some reason when I was like aceve just and as of one like, I think there's a concept you can sell. I'm produced to yourself. So you can either be the talent or not be the chalent, your greatest talent. You're so greedy and talented, but like if you just want to like libras also like to sit back and be beautiful and make all the money while someone else toils away.
Speaker 1: I'm not money obsessed, Okay, I swear I'm so well security. It's not security, it doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: Be my it's security then whatever that means, like emotional financials. So I'm not saying you're stressed about money, but with that ace of just it's like, listen, you're probably not, but you could also bring in a lot. You have the possibility right to bring I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I've been broke for so long that I'm just like it'll work out, Like, just do things that you love.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that you can have Do you see yourself with a lot of money? Actually, though, well, do you talk yourself down.
Speaker 1: I would love to own a house, but jeez, Louise, in this world, this economy, my dream is to have a house with a bunch of tortoises in the backyard. That is like my ultimate dream and that is what I will get.
Speaker 2: YEA.
Speaker 1: So that does require money, But what I don't want is to fear having money, like I just I've had that my whole life and I don't want that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm saying. I think that's the thing to dig into.
Speaker 2: That's fear part. So I will say this, like as far as fear, because fear, you know, so like I said, it's so ubiquitous and overwhelming, but it's also it's really helpful sometimes too, right, Like fear will stop you from getting in somebody's drunk car to drive home, like no thanks. I So that's what I'm saying, fear is helpful. So one of the things I used to do and I don't have to do it consciously anymore because it sounds a little nerdy, but it may help you. Is like, you know, if I'm feeling really fearful or worried or especially with fear, you know, overwhelmed by it, I'm like, oh my god, I'm about to spiral down. I'll be like, oh, you know what, fear, talk to the fear like, thank you so much for being a presence of my life, because clearly you've helped me. I have a lot of it. So clearly I needed a lot of fear because I have a ton of it. I said, but at this point, I feel like I really work through, I really appreciate the times where it's been helpful, and I want to send this fear to someone who actually needs it. And that sounds insane, but yet there is someone, huh, but there is someone in a war zone who needs fear because right they need to be in fire light because something's going they actually need fear, or they're in a bad situation with an abusive partner. They need a little fear to get the fuck out right. So that's what I mean, Like, I will just talk to my fear and send it along the way. And then the other thing is lastly, it's like I say, do seven year cycles of your life, So you picture yourself at seven years old, but instead of like right here in your mind, like I pictured almost like a small movie broadcasts on the across the room on a wall and a small screen. Why do I do that Because I'm not trying to relive all my emotional joy or pain from back then, right, I'm trying to look at it like a director would like. So I'm picturing myself at seven years old, and I'm thinking about how fear affected me at seven, and then I go fourteen years old, how did fear plan in my life? Then twenty one years old? Do seven year cycles and see if you can start to see a pattern. Those are all basic, like non magical things, but they work dovetail really well with then doing a terror reading with what you think about, what realization comes up. You then go to your cards and you go, Okay, I realized that when I was fourteen, this thing happened and it made me realize I you know, where I felt abandoned or I felt like I had money or right, whatever it was.
Speaker 4: And then you pull a card and you start to have a conversation with yourself.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense totally?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Okay, we've done way more time than I was even planning. Thank you for being so generous with your time. Wait real quickly, can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, do so?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for EVP or ev Please. Have you ever heard the term EVP?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you know what it stands for? It's it's not so much of a test, not really, that's okay, Electric electronic voice phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Oh I had an app that's whatever? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, are apps? So it's basically when people believe that they've captured ghosts speaking. And what I do is I go to the trust your Internet, and I find two EVPs for my listeners or for my guests every single week, and I'm gonna play it. I want you to tell me what you hear, maybe make a guess, and then I'll give you some options, one of the options being what the person that posted it believed it said. Okay, okay, the first one comes from TikTok and it's from at Whispering SPT or whisperings PT. I'm not sure whatever unknown location. What is it saying? Okay, that was kind of a long one. I know, I'll play it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, your wolf, you have no face? You know?
Speaker 1: That is not what Whispering thought that it said. Was it a what you heard about me is a lie very reality show? Is it B go through the Light? Love you bye? Was it C Sometimes when it's right, it's just right?
Speaker 2: Or was it D?
Speaker 1: Don't you remember Vine? I really loved Vine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go for D, which is not what they thought and said, but it's what I want them to have, said a.
Speaker 1: Person on TikTok posting about Remember Vine they believe it was b go through the light, love you bye? Okay, I can hear it. Let's listen again right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like it's a bit of a stretch because it also says like it's like ghost. I mean I heard, well not light. I think it could be. That's the kind of thing I would obsess about and slow it down and listen to it like ten times. But why would they be like go to the light? What do they want me to kill? Like? What? That sounds weird?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they were talking to themselves like a go through the light, love you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nice? Who?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's one more. This one is from East Valley Paranormal on TikTok and they are an all female ghost hunting group in Arizona. And so shout out to the queens.
Speaker 2: So dry there it really is?
Speaker 1: And uh, what do you think this goes as saying?
Speaker 2: What do okay? I mean again, I'm the Queen of ockham raizoring this ship before we go to it? That goes I mean, I don't even I didn't even hear a word. I heard some birds tweeting.
Speaker 1: Rachel true, come on, it be a little fun, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: All right? Play again, play it one more time. I heard get up, get up, and then the birds tweeted, so that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: All right, here's some options.
Speaker 2: Was it a.
Speaker 1: Excuse you? Was it b oh, it's you? Was it c oh, get you?
Speaker 2: Or d.
Speaker 1: That's cute? So they do a tongue pop and then they say that's cute. That's cute. Okay, now that you know those, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: I think that's cute.
Speaker 1: They believe it is. I'll get you and I come on, you don't hear this. Listen it goes oh, get you or I think it could be a tongue pop and then get you. Either way, I hear get you, Let me play it.
Speaker 2: Get you.
Speaker 1: Well, Rachel, this has been magical.
Speaker 2: Or two words tweeting what they have? All right, go ahead, I'm gonna let you wrap it up.
Speaker 1: But oh jesus, now I want you a TikTok account of you listening to EVPs and offering all the different things that happened.
Speaker 2: I know what I should. I'm on there. I'm gonna find you on there, ross because at first, first when I got on TikTok, I was like, what is it? How hole? And now I love it. You know, I'm like, oh, I get it. And there's a lot of great information on there as well as a lot of shit, but there's also a lot of really good information.
Speaker 1: I still have not gotten into it, like as a poster person. Oh, nowadays I do look at them, but I don't get super again because like I get really like so many people. I don't know, I'm very weird. I'm getting over.
Speaker 2: That's not so weird. It's like I said, I think you are perfect candidate to use your taro deck and go and do that seven year, fourteen year, twenty one year, Like what is it?
Speaker 4: Because at some point when we're little kids.
Speaker 2: Were like, hello, look at me. You know what you know what I mean? We are so like at a certain point that switched, but not entirely because look at you. You like a little attention, you like fabulousness, you like performing. But then so I'm like, dig in there, because at some point something happened where perhaps getting attention was negative.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I've worked a lot with my therapist. It's actually control stuff, I think, because oh I like attention if I can control it. I like attention if it's in like a room where I'm doing stand up. I don't like it when the entire internet is watching me.
Speaker 3: Do you knew what?
Speaker 2: Like? And we're signing off now. But I love that you said that because I just said to my friend yesterday, like the two things I'm sure of. Used to only be sure of one thing that I know nothing or very little, but now I'm sure two things I know very little, and ultimately I cannot control anyone else, you know, because I think a lot of people's issues come from control of themselves, are trying to control other people. And I'll say it for me, like every time we've had a break up, like but it's almost like I can't can't believe it happened to me, like bitch, but your ego in check, Yes, it happened to you, and you cannot and you cannot control someone else's behaviors. So I love that you know that, ras and like, I don't mean to harp on that at the end. It's just most people don't get it when they're like I'm mad at you because you didn't take me here.
Speaker 4: It's like you cannot control anyone else.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't date, because if I'm dating someone, oh, I'm the boss Oh my god, I bet you we're gonna eat what I want tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh that is control.
Speaker 1: Look at you. I'm like so controlling. I swear to God, I'm only you know what I've realized.
Speaker 2: I didn't never thought I was. But I'm very controlling with myself. Like I like to I'm a homebody because I'm in control, same of my same. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like this is the one thing I like. I'm a night ol. That's a childhood holdover. But also I think it's about control. Like nobody will call or bother me or make me do anything at two am. You know. So again, the taro is really great because control issues. First of all, they're there in place for a reason. They helped you, you know, they helped you feel in control.
Speaker 1: But now someone that needs control, I want them to have it.
Speaker 2: That's right. You have to give it away.
Speaker 4: If to Jana Jackson, release that control exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, go do a charity. Let's control how people can get your book. Oh, tell them all about it.
Speaker 2: It's first of all, it's a major Everybody's like, do you sell it out of the back of your car? I'm like, no, I have It's that a major publisher. You can get it at Barnes and Noble.
Speaker 1: I thought, at Barnes and Noble.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, take a picture girl, next time. You see what I love singing in the wild. I don't know what if you if you write a book, you'll still get what I'm saying, like, there's something kind of neat about your book in a bookstore, because there's so a few bookstores but Amazon. But also it's a really great time to support your local indie bookstore, which may not have it in but you can order it and it'll come in in a couple of days from them, and that's one way to support a small business. I do have a patron I never talk about it because I like it small. I like it being small, and you know what I mean. And I do because I enjoy talking about taro. So I didn't actually want to grow it too a million people. But at this point it's a great little tarot talk And if you google Rachel True and Patreon you'll find it. And if you can't be bothered to do that, you don't probably need to be in the class. Oh wait, and then I'm on Instagram. I guess I'm still on Instagram and my story's more. I think I'm true Rachel True on there, I'm on TikTok. I'm verified. There's six million clones of me though, grifting people for terror reading, so make sure to see that I the verified account. Those are all the places I hang out, I guess amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, this has been five years in the making and you have not disappointed. This is so cool. You've been an amazing guest, so thank you for doing this.
Speaker 2: It was so great to see you and Hannah. Wait for your TV sure show. I cannot wait to see it. I'm super excited, and I do want to go ghost hunting so that I'm slightly less cynical about ghosts right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it all right, all right? Bye?
Speaker 2: Bye?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Rachel True. Be sure to go check out all the stuff that she does. Follower get the book. I could listen to her tell stories for hours. Ugh. Okay, we have got so many fun ones coming at you, so make sure you are subscribed to the show. I can't wait to talk to you next week. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay, bye, this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.